Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Suicide Run (Dark Dragoons)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Suicide Run (Dark Dragoons)
Urakai
ComNet Initiate

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  118
Total Posts:  462
  RE: Suicide Run (Dark Dragoons)
February 19, 2007 12:14:03 AM    View the profile of Urakai 

"Attention all New Republic personnel, this is Lieutenant Holt. I have been authorized to give the 'Alpha-Omega' order. This is not a drill!"

Urakai let his back slide down the wall as he had planned to when they were finally released from this semi-realistic world. He decided what the hell, it would be over soon anyway, he thought.

"Looks like you guys have one of two options, leave and risk failing at the hands of the troops outside or you can try to find and disarm the explosives on the remaining support pillars. Your choice," crackled his comlink which startled Urakai, making him point his blaster rifle out.

Sam? Urakai thought as he finally confirmed it, Awww, he doesn't give us much options!

Just then, his comlink crackled again, "Urakai! Sam knew we were there, but he didn't kill us! I know you heard that message, we were thinking of disarming the explosives, what do you think?"

Suddenly Urakai identified it as Durandal, then responding, "Hey, yeah, well I was thinking that too, but who can disarm them? Plus, we don't really have an objective so why don't we have some good old fashioned fight-for-freedom?"

Urakai waiting for a response and Durandal did, "I think we could disarm them. After all, Sam gave us the option so I'm sure there is some sort of a kit around this area that can help us out."

"Hey, that's a good idea. Let's split up and look for a technician room or something. If you guys do happen to find one, let me know. Once we got the base under control, we can hunt them down in the forests outside! At least I hope they have forests." Urakai smirked, signing off.

He moved down the hall, ready to blast any NR troopers running to escape the bunker. He decided he would look for any support beams that happened to be in one of the large areas. Then it clicked to him, That's it! When I first spawned in this place, I found the schedules on a data pad. There was a large meeting room, supposed to be big enough to fit about ten squads for show or promotions not to mention the guards and the large table where they met! Urakai brought up his data pad and searched for the information. It only classified when it happened and why, so Urakai was forced to begin a search for it. He ran down the hallways, looking in suspicious rooms or hall ways. Then he heard footsteps, lots of them. Urakai crouched, peeked around the corner. There he saw an officer with a few troops behind him running down.

"Hurry men, if you see one of those Imperials, shoot but don't pursue. We've only got ten minutes before this whole bunker hits the sky!" the officer shouted.

TEN MINUTES?! Quickly he span around the corner, surprising the small group as he blasted them each in the chest. The bodies fell to the floor with a clunk which alerted a squad which was in a nearby room, reading some kind of tech map. Urakai didn't have time to look at the map as he needed to hide. He jumped inside a room and left two centimeters of the door opened.

"An Imperial's close! Alright, we all meet outside here, understood? Hurry and don't get killed!" shouted one of them as they all rushed out in one direction keeping a cautious eye all around them.

This gave Urakai no chance attack, but once they were out of site, Urakai dashed across the hall and into the room with the tech map. A small display table lit up as Urakai turned it on, and when he clicked on the tech map, a hologram projected three levels of rooms and hallways, all put together as one bunker. Urakai saw on the third floor a massive room, bigger than the center that the tanks were in. There must be two pillars in there! He thought as he wildly studied the room. It outstretched beneath any other rooms, enabling it to only have to support it's self. The room Urakai blew up supported two levels.

"Urakai, we only have nine minutes to disarm these suckers! We've found the technician room and a disarm kit, but Urakai, I don't think we can do it in nine- no, eight minutes!" came a crackle from Urakai's comlink with the sound of Revan's voice.

"I know. We have to get out of here! Once we do hide in any bush that you find outside so then we can attack any escaping troops." Urakai responded as he saw escape stairs and ventilation tunnels leading to the outside.

There was a long silence before Urakai's comlink came back to life bringing Durandal's voice again, "Urakai, I've found a tech map. I'm going to try and escape; I'll download the information to you and Revan. Revan and I split up. Good luck."

Before Urakai could respond and tell them he had already found one, his data pad began blinking. He switched it off, putting his comlink back, and found his position on the second floor. Yeah, good luck Urakai thought with a smile.

-----------------------
Urakai
*Dark Dragoons*
TRP/LCPL Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited February 19, 2007 12:15:07 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited February 19, 2007 12:16:06 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited February 19, 2007 1:01:21 AM)]
Spartan106
ComNet n00b

Spartan106

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  46
February 19, 2007 1:38:33 AM    View the profile of Spartan106 
Revan heard the explosion that knocked him from his kneeling position to his face. He scuffed the front of his helmet on the floor and jagged debris, and before he could readjust himself to a sitting position, or ask what had cause him to be knocked so hard from such a tight position, he heard Urakai come through the com-link.

"Reven! Durandal! Keep the explosions to a minimum! I'm so stupid; I exploded one of the bunker's foundations!"

He sounded frantic, Revan decided, swallowing. His idea hadn't called for the collapse of the entire base. But it wasn't a bad idea...

Behind him, in the midst of the room that lay beyond the debris wall that kept him and a bewildered looking Durandal safe from hostile fire, he could hear the Republic soldiers morale explode into a pot of frenzied emotions. Fear would set in, followed by panic. Good.

He looked up, over his shoulder, and noticed a Republic sergeant looking down at them. His gun wasn't ready to fire at them, and because of that detail, Revan knew this must have been their target. The "Sam" that was both his commanding officer, and his VR bullseye.

"You can tell the rest of the Dragoons that you don't have much time in this bunker left," Sam told them, before giving a laugh and turning his back to them.

Revan sat silent for a moment. His jaw dropped inside his helmet and his eyes went wide. Of all the nerve, did that SOB just turn his back on them. He looked at Durandal, who sat talking to Urakai on a private channel, then back to Sam as he turned from the debris. Stunned. He stood up, and gave the sergeant a furious look. He aimed his gun at the squad leader that began to converse with Sam and pulled the trigger. A three-shot burst belched from the cap of his blaster and made contact with the SL's back.

With a smug look of rebelliousness, he aimed at Sam, then past him to the console on the door on the far side of the room. It exploded and Revan grinned. He wouldn't shoot Sam, but this was the only way out without digging through rubble at the other door.

Revan pulled his helmet away, exposing a determined look, and a grin over a thin beard, turning on his headset, "Urakai, you read?"

He didn't wait for a reply, "Find those other support columns. Blow them. Tear this place down. The mission was to kill the command element of this base. It was a suicide mission all along, and they knew we'd be coming, that was part of the mission. There is no such thing as a surprise attack when the enemy knows you let yourself in."

His face turned to a solemn-toned stare, "We're the troopers. We're expendable. These officers need to be taken out, and if we have to go out to make that happen, then that's what the mission becomes. Durandal: Take it to the columns. Urakai, since you have fewer lives, run support and cover, and try to give the rest of us the time to bring the place down."

He kept his blaster on Sam, but his mind began to worry. He hated this. They told him at the acadamies that he was a good strategist, that he did what had to be done to make a mission successful, but making the calls made him doubt himself. Risking men's lives wasn't something he wanted authority for, it wasn't something he wanted on his hands, even in a simulation. Failing this would mean failing his squad, and the mission.

But fear of self-doubt would have to be something best saved for another day.  There was business at hand that was pressed to be concluded.

"Now what," he asked Sam, "Door's busted, only way out is through here, and as long as I keep you busy here, and the others do their jobs, we win.  This place goes down, and so do you."

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Spartan106/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

"Those who said the limits were endless were too afraid to go any further."
[This message has been edited by Spartan106 (edited February 23, 2007 5:54:09 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1058
Total Posts:  1884
February 20, 2007 10:59:56 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami flicked her gaze over the small console before her, quickly taking in the flashing red zones on the screen that identified the destroyed pillar and the 'hotspot' for imperial activity.

"Is everyone out?" She questioned the now grim faced Lieutenant Holt who stood at her shoulder, having evacuated the bunker along with the rest of the New Republic personnel.

Holt's jaw set, "Everyone is out and accounted for...barring the Colonel."

"What?" Kami turned to face him, concern flashing across her features "Where is he?"

Visibly distressed, the Lieutenant shook his head, "We're not sure sorry Major. His last communication was over ten minutes ago, and that was the Alpha Omega order."

Kami absorbed this news silently, glancing back at the bunker display before her. If Sam had been gunned down by the Dragoons he would have respawned and contacted command by now. Since he hadn't, she automatically assumed that he had been cut off somehow, perhaps by his very own squad.

"We'll go in after him," Gallow offered, squaring his shoulders, "We still have time before the final charges blow."

"No," Kami answered a little too quickly, causing Holt and Gallow to exchange curious glances. Aware that she had to explain herself, she offered them what she hope appeared as a resigned look, "The Colonel was well aware of the risks when he issued the order, he wouldn't want us to place any more soldiers in danger."

Both rebels nodded, looking crestfallen, unaware that the real reason for Kami's misgivings stemmed from the objectives of the sim mission. In order to win the Dragoons had to take out both Kami and Sam, and if Sam had somehow already fallen into their hands, she wasn't going to willingly walk into a bunker strapped with explosives. Instead, she turned to Holt once again,

"Issue redeployment orders and secure this post. If they somehow manage to survive the explosion caused by the bunker, we'll let them come to us...and this time, we'll be more than ready."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

PA/GSG_Kami/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
Urakai
ComNet Initiate

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  121
February 21, 2007 12:35:58 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
The old flush of fresh air gave Urakai a cooling feeling as he had been creeping down a hallway. With the tech map provided, he had soon found stairs that lead to a door that slid up and into the ceiling. As Urakai found the stairs after minutes a searching, he pulled his blaster rifle out in case it was guarded. No, Urakai thought, the building is about to blow up, or blow down should I say. They wouldn't be even near here. Urakai moved up to the doors, still clutching his rifle. The doors seemed like motionless walls but when Urakai gave it a slight kicked, it slid open. The gush of air came through the door, unnoticed by Urakai as the smell of trees and plants lit up the room with the blinding light that clouded Urakai for a few seconds. His fingers tingled as he stepped forward although he was focussing his mind that it was not reality, a simulation which he should give 100% concentration on.

Rustle of leaves made Urakai jump to one side, which he realised he was standing on grass. The doors slid back into the building, with a coating that matched the wall completely. When Urakai blinked, there was no wall anymore, but a solid wall. From what he could see of it, it was a metal dome, but instead of it being half of a domed sphere, it was more flat on the top. Urakai could only see as far as he could and could only see the edge of the top as the walls rounded. The rustle! Urakai remembered as he realised that the bunker was clouded over leaves of the odd trees that grew around it, preventing aerial view. The vegetation in all corners left Urakai confused as to where the rustle had come from and where the rebels were.

A quick blaster shot sent Urakai running toward the sound that sang off in the distance, not too far away. Urakai followed the bending walls of the bunker until he looked stunned at a stormtrooper armoured man stood over a soldier helplessly shaking. Urakai saw another New Republic trooper, but only the corpse of it. Urakai's censors inside his helmet came up on screen with an identification tag: Kael. The stormtrooper looked up, and after studying Urakai gave another glance toward the NR trooper, who was ended by a blast to the chest, made by the stormtrooper.

"Urakai I take it?" He asked, studying

"Yes, Kael," Urakai said with a smile that he had finally met another Dark Dragoon member.

"Welcome to the squad. I heard there were a few new additions to our squad. You do know that bunker is going to blow in about three minutes." Kael said with a laugh.

The bunker! I forgot! Urakai's heart began beating as they only had three minutes to escape the bunker.

"Come on!" Kael yelled as they rushed through the shrubs and trees.

As they did, Urakai slowed, picking up his comlink, "Durandal? Revan? I'm outside of the bunker now, hurry, only about two and a half minutes left!"

There was no reply although Urakai did hear bumps in the static frequency.

"Hello? I found-" Urakai's words were short lived as Kael jumped to the left to avoid a blast by an NR trooper scurrying through the undergrowth.

Urakai ducked and rolled to his side, letting blasts rip past him. Kael jumped up and wasted the trooper in crossfire, only to run again by the sight of the rest of a squad. The amount of bushes and plants made it a maze down in a prone position, and a good hiding place. As the squad had not seen Urakai, he jumped up to let his helmet peak and fired. His blasts nipped a trooper on the arm and blew sparks on trees. Urakai was amazed at the detail of the terrain a simulation could generate plus having to keep the bunker wall skins intact. The bunker!

There was now no time for a fight, Urakai began to barrel roll to his side, trying not to rustle too many bushes as he realized they were only about ten meters away from the bunker! Urakai laid still as he saw the troopers advancing, slowing walking through shrubs. Urakai saw the squad leader pick up a comlink while jumping down to prone.

Urakai lost site of him but crawled a bit further to catch the words, "them busy, don't let them advance. Don't worry, there is still ten more minutes until the bunkers goes off."

So that's their game huh? Urakai quickly crouched upward, taking out the squad leader with two quick blasts.

"NO!" came a voice from behind him.

Urakai turned to see a blaster rifle coming right down towards his face. Two squad members rushed to what had happened, one bending down to check the NR squad leader.

"Dead." he said with a severe tone.

"It's my entire fault! I acted too slowly! I could had had this Imperial waste done with by now!" the New Republic trooper complained, now looking to Urakai.

"The Major said no prisoners." he said again, with a smug lying grin, now aiming his rifle at Urakai.

The trooper that had not come to look at the squad leader now erupted in a cloud of smoke that Kael rushed through, blasting the trooper that threatened Urakai. The squad reacted in blasting Urakai, which did not succeed because he had already leapt out into the bushes from where on he disappeared. Urakai looked up after several blasts had occurred to find Kael pulling his trigger for the last time, on to a now dead trooper. The taste of blood was in Urakai's mouth as he had not realised that the blow he took in the face by the trooper was actually quite severe. He took his helmet off and spat it out and he felt for the first time a fresh flow of wind.

"Nice job." Urakai complemented as he outstretched his hand to shake Kaels.

BOOM! The entire forest erupted as Urakai and Kael faced a new blow of wind that lifted them both up and into the trees, some catching fire as the first explosion blew the bunker up into chunks before the foundations collapsing inward. Urakai looked up with now scrapes over his face, blood trickling from a head injury from falling to the ground off a tree. His senses fuzzed a bit as his taste, sight, feeling, smell and hearing clouded in different types, but all pointed to losing of consciousness as the second explosion blew.

-----------------------
Urakai

*Dark Dragoons*

Urakai/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]
Fight For Freedo
m Fight For Friends Fight For Fun
Kael
ComNet Novice

Kael

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  36
February 21, 2007 7:33:32 AM    View the profile of Kael 
Sith.....that was unpleasant..

Kael rose slowly, his body protested the treatment loudly and the pain caused the former-gambler to grit his teeth. Glancing around he took note of the ravaged, burning vegetation around and let out a low whistle.

"Urakai buddy, still kicking and breathing the electronic life?"

A low groan answered his call and the dark dragoon raised himself from a pile of debris not far from Kael.

"Tell me again why simulations include pain receptors?"

Kael gave the new recruit a wild grin under his helmet

"Motivation! Imperial teaching at it's finest, reckon anythings alive in that there smoking crater?"

He pointed in the general area of the former bunker, now a large crater for smoke poring forth into the sky. Urakai followed his gaze and considered the question before answering

"The explosion was more showy then anything else actually, rebel inefficiency. From the way the building collapsed I reckon there could be a few alive...and considering the scenario hasn't ended I guess at least one of our illustrious commanders is still alive in that inferno and surrounding area somewhere"

Kael hefted his false e-11 and coaxed a few intimidating mechanical sounds out of it

"Guess it's up to us to change that then"

Urakai glanced skeptically at the other dragoon who appeared to be chuckling by the way his helmet moved....

What is wrong with these people??

Ten minutes of careful infiltration later and the two dragoon's were overlooking what appeared to be the gathering point for the rebel units, a mobile command center had been set up and a bit of organization was starting to appear. They had needed to avoid sweeping teams as they neared the encampment and the sentries looked vigilant as ever....if a little shaky.

Glancing through the micro-binoculars built into his helmet Kael watched the command center unblinkingly, Urakai lay behind him, alert to anyone approaching their position.

Come out Kams, directing from inside hard metal walls has never been your style, just sidle on out and stand still for 20 seconds...

With this thought he brought his rifle around in front of him and trained it's sights on the door to the command center, at this range a shot would be difficult but not impossible....

He just needed a target...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
TRP/PFC_Kael/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  320
Total Posts:  794
February 21, 2007 4:39:48 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
The entire complex shook with such violence, that one could only assume the end was near. Sam and his rather dwindled squad continued on their path, without any acknowledgement of the now collapsing structure, towards the last known location of the intruding imperials. With the power now out, no updates on the location of their target could be sent to Sam.

"This was a bad idea making them come with me," Sam thought to himself, "I can only hope that we all survive this." Knowing full well this was only a simulation; Sam could not help but feel remorse for the squad that followed, for he knew that it would be a stroke of pure luck that even he would survive this suicide run.

Large chunks of rubble began to fall upon the hunting New Republic squad. Fire began to bellow out of the air vents. Sam's squad began to fall, being crushed by structure fragments and burned by the licking flames. Sam turned to the few remaining troopers.

"I'm sorry," Sam said coughing, "My mistake has cost you all dearly."

Just as he finished, his squad was crushed under tons of rubble right in front of his eyes. Only pausing for a moment out of respect for the digital dead, Sam turned quickly and ran through the decaying obstacle course.

After turning a corner, Sam was hit with an idea that may just allow him to get out of this mess in one relatively intact piece. He grabbed a few grenades, pulled the pins, tossed them down the hall. He braced himself as well as he could in a crumbling doorway. The blast sent fallen rubble across his back tearing his armor.

He turned out to view the hall and the location of where his grenades had exploded; a hint of light shown through the dust. Sam darted for the opening in the ceiling of the collapsing structure.

"Well it kinda worked," Sam thought to himself as he ran, being scorched by flames and pounded by falling debris.

Just as he made it to the opening he stumbled and fell over fallen debris. Then the roof came crashing down on top of him.

/OOC: Left it open for interpretation and I can't make myself superhuman. :P /

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS][EW1]
The Dark Dragoons' Site
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited February 21, 2007 4:41:05 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited February 21, 2007 4:41:31 PM)]
Spartan106
ComNet Novice

Spartan106

Post Number:  26
February 23, 2007 8:03:58 AM    View the profile of Spartan106 
Revan stumbled and had to clutch a wall to maintain his balance. He supports were failing quick, and he would have to move fast if he wanted to escape the falling bunker with air in his lungs. He quickly checked his tac-map, rechecked it, and cursed under his breath. From here, the nearest exit was about 150 meters away, and the operational status of that door was, by this point in the assault, in serious question.

Snapping his helmet back down on his head and clicking the snap into place to keep it from dislodging in movement, Revan sighed, took a breath, and began a mad dash over shaky terrain and strewn rubble. Counting down the distance in his head as he clipped about the hallways making his way, he rounded a corner, and could see the light from a half-opened access hatch that a Republic soldier must have left open as he evacuated.

That was another thing he didn't take into account for. He didn't know who, if any enemy soldiers, awaited him outside, or the condition of his squad. Things he would deal with after he was safe from danger. Tactical chatter on unencrypted Republic channels reported unconfirmed messages that one of the Dragoons targets, Sam, was assumed dead, no confirmation. Revan nodded lightly, at least, if nothing else, the mission was half-over.

Debris clipped his shoulder as he closed on the door, only 50 meters left to the exit, and safety. Cracks began to appear and snake along the walls as the floor started to collapse into the level below. Barely glancing up,he could see the ceiling beginning to buckle. He wouldn't make it. Not on his own power.

He pulled a grenade from his belt, and pulled the pin. Desperate times, he thought to himself, desperate measures.

Lobbing the explosive ever gently behind him, he forced into a stronger sprint to gain distance, than jumped, letting his feet leave the floor, as the grenade exploded, propelling him faster towards the exit. He could feel the heat on his armor, and knew for certain the backside of it was either singed black, or scarred by shrapnel. Disregarding vanity, Revan hit the floor, rolled, and climbed to his feet in a blink of an eye, and dove through the door, shoulder-ramming it to a full open position as he clattered to the soft earth outside. He crawled to his back and looked inside, just as the walls fell inwards, and dropped the ceiling away to meet the floor.

"Sonuvabitch..." he panted, adrenaline falling away to the pain in his back, "I need a drink."

He sat up, and looked around. Luckily, he wasn't surrounded by enemies, guns drawn. There was nothing nearby, but Revan wasn't about to wait for a search party. He crawled to a nearby bush, and hunkered down behind it, and switched on his comlink.

"Urakai? Durandal? Anybody? It's Revan. I'm outside, are any of you still breathing?"

He waited a moment. Silence. "C'mon, don't screw with me, someone send me a rendezvous coordinate, or something. I'm all alone, in hostile territory, and to say the very least, I'm not comfortable with it at all."

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Spartan106 (edited February 23, 2007 5:55:40 PM)]
Urakai
ComNet Initiate

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  126
February 27, 2007 12:28:24 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
Urakai crouched back as he kept his eyes peeled for any activity.

"Any sign of her?" Urakai whispered under the patch of reed grass.

"No," Kael whispered back tilting his head to a side, "seems she's in hiding."

Before Urakai could turn his head to see Kael's view, a buzz alerted them both.

"Urakai? Durandal? Anybody? It's Revan. I'm outside, are any of you still breathing?" came their comlinks as they both ducked underneath the grass, trying to kill their comlinks.

"C'mon, don't screw with me, someone send me a rendezvous coordinate, or something. I'm all alone, in hostile territory, and to say the very least, I'm not comfortable with it at all." it crackled once again, this time Urakai and Kael threw the comlinks over into another patch of grass and crawled away through the undergrowth.

Before Urakai or Kael knew it, two squads were up and alert, searching through the grass, and one whole squad was already on top of their comlinks.

Not again!

"Search the area! Call for back up and secure the Major!" yelled the squad leader, motioning a search plan.

"The Major has already anticipated that, sir! She is safe." an elderly trooper remarked.

With a nod, they began to cut their steps through the undergrowth, battle ready. There's no way we can escape this! Urakai thought as Kael stopped under a small bush where he curled up. Though he was wearing white stormtrooper armour, he had completely disappeared, so Urakai quickly scanned the area for another bush as Kael started frantically waving his hand. Confused, Urakai began to crawl toward him before a blaster bolt tore through his shoulder. With a plea of agony, Urakai turned around to be raked up by a trooper, with a squad behind him, blasters pointing.

"Foolish Imperials, take him over to the camp and keep scouting the area!" commanded the squad leader as they dragged Urakai and dropped him head on to the ground.

Urakai knew he had only one life left, and at this pace, he was doomed. Then, Urakai noticed a short vibro knife in the squad leader's hand that he was toying with.

"You know," he began, walking over to Urakai and crouching down. "I don't quiet understand you Imperials. But maybe you will understand me."

He pulled the knife out and stuck the tip into Urakai's wound, making him yelp in pain.

"Were there any survivors!?" he demanded.

As he stuck the vibro knife in further, Urakai reacted in grabbing the jaw of the NR squad leader and punched it so hard, it almost cracked his armour on the glove not to mention his hand. The SL went flying to the side and Urakai seized the opportunity to pierce his heart with the vibro blade and ran towards the small medal encampment. Urakai had also pinched his blaster rifle off the small metal container next to him. If all New Republic troops are that stupid, our survival is almost guaranteed. An array of blaster fire surprised Urakai, but he kept standing as he noticed it was out in the bushes. Running as fast as he could, he saw Kael cornered into a tree by a group of NR troopers. Fixing their rifles, on was about to shoot his should like he did with Urakai, but failed as a flying vibro blade cit his hand off, sending a wave of sound from his mouth.

"There he is!" shouted a trooper, now aiming for Urakai.

"Kill this one, I haven't had practice in weeks." called another.

Urakai span around and knocked the trooper off his feet, preventing any accurate shots at him. One trooper leaped up and tried to grab onto Urakai but he was met by a stormtrooper boot in bid air to the face. Kael had joined in, although with a blaster, blowing up a NR trooper's torso. With a final stab, Urakai ended the last trooper, only to be greeted by another squad, already opened fire. They both bolted through the forest, only to be knocked down by something. Kael rolled over to see a stormtrooper behind a bush, dragging Urakai behind and motioning Kael to do the same.

"You know what to do!" the squad leader yelled, as the troopers rolled into action.

"Revan!" Urakai whispered, keeping still.

"Yeah, I wondered when the hell I was going to find you!" Revan responded before receiving a short greet by the earlier member of the Dark Dragoons.

Always the same procedure. Squad comes, squad leader yells, they start searching. Urakai thought, but cut out when a blast set a fire right next to the bush they were behind. Hundreds of blasts cut through the forest, burning up all in their path.

Quicky, Kael whispered, "We've got to get out of here!"

Urakai jumped up and blasted all out, giving Kael and Revan a time to escape. Before Urakai could turn around and follow them, the blast in his shoulder jolted, sending him to the ground.

-----------------------
Urakai

*Dark Dragoons*

[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited February 27, 2007 12:29:27 AM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1059
Total Posts:  1884
February 27, 2007 4:07:32 AM    View the profile of Kami 
"I don't believe it," Holt's dry laugh caused Kami to glance up from where she was standing near the communications console. She arched an eyebrow at the officer, who had just finished briefing the sentry patrols outside.

"You don't believe what?"

Holt walked forward to Kami's shoulder and threw the lever that pulled the heavy blast covering from the large view port before them. The shielding clanked noisily back, revealing the busy terrain beyond the portable command center. Blaster fire was zipping back and forth about a small clearing in the distance, whilst Republic troopers milled around yelling orders to secure the facility just beyond the screen.

"These guys must have a death wish," Gallow breathed, incredulity flashing across his face as he watched another friendly squad charge off to aid their comrades under fire, "We dropped a bunker on them and they're still trying to charge into the heart of us."

Holt nodded, and turned to Kami "I'm not sure what they're after Major, but perhaps it would be best to get you out of here."

Kami's green eyes flashed momentarily, insulted by the very suggestion. Whilst she understood the reasoning behind a tactical retreat, the virtual Republic's enthusiasm about running in the face of danger was starting to wear on her.

"I'm not going anywhere," She bit back, forcing irritation from her voice, "I'd suggest, Lieutenant, that instead of letting them chew threw our lines you get back out there and get this mess under control."

Holt flinched, before regaining his composure and snapping to attention, "Of course Major, at once."

Turning on his heel he gestured to Gallow, who fell in behind him, and together the two soldiers disappeared into the hallway outside. Letting of a loud sigh, which caused the technician closest to her to jump, Kami glanced around the virtual control room. Whilst she was incredibly impressed by how realistic the simulation was, she was growing increasingly bored of her role as a cowardly Rebel officer. Flopping down into a leather back chair, she propped her boots up on the console and leaned back to wait.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

PA/SFC_Kami/2SQD/1PLT/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
Spartan106
ComNet Novice

Spartan106

Post Number:  27
February 27, 2007 9:15:16 AM    View the profile of Spartan106 
Revan skidded to a halt when he realized a set of footsteps fell short to a thud on the ground.  He gave Kael a light push on the shoulder to keep him moving, then turned completly, opening fire on the Republic soldiers that were closing in on him.

"Get up, Urakai," he commanded.  Under his helmet, his teeth were gritted, clenching tighter and tighter with every pulse of fire, "I'll cover you."

As Urakai scrambled to his feet, keeping low under the fire, Revan backstepped after him.  A few feet back, his peripheral vision picked up Kael firing along side him, suppressing the oncoming fire into stary shots that missed their targets by varied degrees of bad aim.

Urakai took shelter behind a tree.  He checked his rounds, slapped another clip into his blaster, and spun from the cover, firing alongside his teammates.

"I saw a larger bunker on the southeasterly side of the encampment," Urakai said over the fire, "If Kami is in that base, it'll be there in that bunker."

Revan nodded, "Alright, let's fall back to a safe distance away from the camp, wait, and trek around to the far side.  We should be able to catch them by surprise if they think we've given up..."

He smirked and shrugged his shoulders, "I mean, hell, who'd have thought three Imperial Troopers would give an entire enemy Garrison such a hard time, right?  I doubt they have any pride left at all after all this."

The enemy fire fell to nothing as the trio of Dragoons fell away into the trees and brush, out of sight.

-----------------------

Urakai
ComNet Initiate

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  129
March 3, 2007 2:18:36 AM    View the profile of Urakai 
Keeping low under the trees, Urakai followed the trio through the shrubs as they progressed down the pathless forest.

"Are you sure it's this way?" Revan asked, as they had been trekking for over ten minutes.

"Yeah." Urakai plainly stated although he was really relying on Kael's memory.

Each trooper quickly crouched low as leaves rustled. By the sounds, it was a lone trooper, hiking through the forest although still keeping cautious. Then, in a splitting second, a bush to Urakai's far right moved, making him turn and almost grip the trigger down. His hesitance was at a stormtrooper, poking his rifle out, and then examining the area until he spotted a white helmet.

"Durandal!" Revan yelled, standing up.

"Argh!" responded Durandal, jumping back, "You guys were killing me! I was tracking you guys for ages! My damn comlink is broken."

Laughing, Urakai stood too, followed by Kael.

"So I see you guys found Kael." Durandal smirked.

A distant calling began; someone was mumbling words of finding something.

"We have to go!" Revan ordered, soon explaining everything to Durandal of the bunker.

They all began to run as more voices joined in the calling.

------------------------------Five Minutes Later------------------------------

"Keep low!" Kael whispered under the shrubs.

Upon finding the metal opening the bunker surrounded by the outpost, the three were forced to hide not only from the guards but the patrol that was dead on their track.

"Thought you said it was large!" Revan tried to whisper to Urakai before Kael nudged him.

Soon, arms tore through a shrub followed by a head, torso and legs. A squad was soon through the clearing, following the one who was tracking the now four troopers.

"This way!" he shouted, keeping his rifle at his chest, "We are gaining on them!"

Without looking, he stumbled over Durandal, who quickly crouched back.

NO! Urakai thought, now exposing them by ending the life of the fallen trooper by the knife he had picked off the old squad leader.

"Garos!" one of the troopers shouted, now opening an array of fire onto the group.

Plants blew into the flames that devoured them. The group had now surprised the squad by jumping up and letting bolts rip through the air, exploding all around the squad. The exchange of fire lit the forest up as two NR troopers fell to the ground with burning wounds.

"Take cover!" one of the Nr troopers shouted, now identified as the squad leader.

The stormtroopers did just that, running behind trees.

"I would have thought the entire squad would be gone by now." Revan noted, preparing to strike.

"Might have gotten an AI boost or something." Durandal responded, nodding that he was ready.

The four sprang out, ripping up the bushes which added to unexpected flames, reaching to the top of a tree. The fire spread as the four moved back, now noting their stupidity.

"Our position is gone for sure now!" Kael yelled as they had cut through the undergrowth about twenty meters away.

"You guys have a couple of lives left. I only have one!" Urakai yelled.

"We have no choice, let's storm that bunker now!" Durandal commanded, bursting through the shrubs.

Having no choice, the three ran after him, stopping at the door. Loaded, Urakai opened the door by simply hotwiring it after cutting it loose with the knife. As the door slid open, the four rushed into the dark, two lamped room, only occupied by three stunned New Repblic troopers.

"What!? This room is empty!" Revan complained, knocking one of the troopers onto his back.

"We went through all of that for nothing!?" Urakai said, looking down at the NR trooper that was locked by a red faced Durandal.

Kael had already blasted the chest of the other trooper.

"Where is your Major!?" Urakai yelled, pulling out the knife.

Stuttering in his voice, he responded, "Sh-she's in the-" his words were killed as he quickly punched Durandal in the helmet (only physically affecting him by moving his head) and kicked Urakai's knife out of his hand.

With a quick hand, Kael shot him in the leg, followed by a blast to the face. When the smoke cleared, Revan gripped his hands around the other NR trooper.

"Let's try this again!" Revan ordered, but didn't get to interrogating, as the door basted open and in poked the head of an NR trooper!

-----------------------
Urakai

*Dark Dragoons*

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  333
Total Posts:  794
March 19, 2007 11:09:00 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam coughed as the dust settled around him. He was unable to move anything but his arms and upper torso.

"Fantastic, I just love being pinned down by debris," Sam thought aloud. Sam began to push large chunks of debris off his legs.

In the distance, Sam heard blaster fire and started to work faster, not wanting to be caught like this by his opponents. After only a few moments, sweat was dribbling down his face. He was able to see just a little bit better now that the dust had finally dispersed some. With every piece of debris moved and tossed to the side came a small puff of dust that made Sam cough.

Suddenly, the environment began to fuzz and scramble.

"Now what is going on?" Sam shouted aloud and then the entire simulation was killed.

Sam tore of his simulation gear and stepped out of the booth. He moved rapidly towards the technician with a look of 'I'm going to kill you' on his face.

"Explain," Sam said sternly to the technician, "This is the second time."

"I'll do that," said a voice from behind Sam.

Sam flipped around and saw Rizzit standing there. Sam's face lightened just a little at the sight of his superior.

"You don't really seem all that happy to be out of there," Rizzit began, "But, we have other needs for you and your squad.

Sam nodded and went to inform the rest of the Dark Dragoons.

* * * an hour later * * *

Sam was seated with Kami in Rizzit's office, with the rest of the squad in the lounge relaxing.

"You have any clue as to what this is Kams?" Sam asked.

"No I don't," Kami replied just as Rizzit entered and took his seat.

"Here is the run down. There have been a few members of your squad that are needed else where and have been relocated as it were," Rizzit said, "And there is a possible mission that we need your squad to do. Lastly, Typex has returned and has been placed into the Dragoons again."

Sam had a look of bewilderment on his face.

"All this happened while we were in the simulation," Sam thought, "Great. Oh well, at least we will be out in a real field again."

Sam stood up saluted and left without a word said against what was happening.

[ooc: This clears up all the troop changes that have happened and has gotten Typex written back into the squad.]

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS][EW1]
The Dark Dragoons' Site
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Suicide Run (Dark Dragoons)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:27:07 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 73  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >