Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Keep Your Head (Wraith)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Keep Your Head (Wraith)
Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  104
Total Posts:  585
  RE: Keep Your Head (Wraith)
November 27, 2006 10:38:13 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
"HOLY CR**" screamed Talstorin, falling back.  He tripped over several troopers, though surprisingly not waking any up.  Falling at last on Snipes, Talstorin shook his head, calming down from the sight.  Man, that's an ugly face&  Snipes groaned and stirred, feeling Talstorin sitting on his leg. 

"Mooooooommyyyy," grumbled Snipes in his sleep, keeping the vowels all too long.  "I doooooooooon't waaaaaaaaaannaaaaa g-," continued Snipes, stopping abruptly with a loud snore.  He then latched onto Talstorin's arm, throwing him down on the floor.  He was obviously trying to slam Talstorin as he had with the droid arm the other night.  Luckily, Talstorin was slightly heavier.  He fell to the ground with an "umph" and rolled out of his grasp.  He then sighed with relief as Snipes rolled the other way, mumbling something about "fuzz," "Guitars," and "Beer."

Arnaut smacked the forhead of his helmet.  This was completely embarrassing.  Talstorin stood up, shook off the dust and walked back up to Arnaut, saluting to the deformed person.  The man extended his long bony arm, revealing that patches of his skin was black from fungi and mold, offering a handshake.  Reluctantly pushing aside his disgust, Talstorin shook his hand.  The man nodded and smiled, revealing his six remaining teeth.  He then turned and continued on.  Taking advantage of that split second, Talstorin wiped his hand on Arnaut.  Arnaut didn't notice, absorbed into the old man for some reason. 

"As I was saying," the man continued, waving his hands into the air like a crazed baboon.  "I've been in this place for a while.  I know where eeeeeeeverything is."  As the man said everything, he spun around, causing Arnaut to jump back a bit, and pointed to his widened right eye.  "So, may I ask?  What is your goal?"

Arnaut cleared his throat and spoke, " We were sent to investigate the disappearance of two scout ships, which  I assume you were part of."

The man nodded and grinned, waving his hands in a beserk manner.  "Of course, the rest of the crew is still alive& Yess, I can lead you to them if you want&"  The man bent forward, leaning close to Arnaut. 

Unphased, the squad leader nodded.  "Yes that would be nice."

"Very well& We will start tommorow morning, I will plan this expedition," he laughed and snuggled against his bony chest.  Talstorin turned to Arnaut.

"Can we& trust the man?"

"I see no reason not to&"

"He seems& well, delusional."

"You would to if you've been stuck here for a while."

"Erm, wouldn't that make him incredulable?"

Arnaut stared up and thought for a minute.  "We'll take our chances, if he's telling the truth and the crew IS still alive, we have to find them."  Talstorin simply nodded, for he was interrupted quickly.

"YAP YAP YAP YAP, quit talking !" yelled the man from across the room.  Talstorin could've swore he heard Snipes mumble the words "You big tart."  The man continued.  "We've got a long day ahead of us.  Off to sleep."

Arnaut stepped forward.  "We are keeping guard.  There is supposedly a creatue here, surely you know?"

The man nodded and grinned.  "I see you've noticed as well.  Very well, only one is needed, I know how to ward off the creature anyways."

"And that would be?"

The man grinned and shrinked back.  " Classified."  Hunching down he laughed to himself.  Arnaut sighed and nodded. 

"Ok, Tnepres, good job, go to bed, I'll wake Draken for the next shift when I'm done."

Talstorin nodded and set down, going to sleep.  He had dozed off for a couple of minutes when he swore he heard the man whisper into his ear. 

"Watch out though&the creature can take control of ANY of you&And Arnaut looks like a good target, no?  What better prey than the leader.  He'll be under the creature's control and then it'll SNATCH you all up when you're lead to your doom."

Talstorin twitched and dismissed the thought.  It was just his imagination.  Just his imagination.  Just his&

Talstorin sighed sadly inside the shuttle.  He had just left the only woman he ever cared for behind.  Perhaps, it was wrong of him to do so.  Perhaps Sarah really did love him back and was just confused.  After all, she HAD kissed him.  Talstorin hunched on his seat and thought.  The possibilities plagued his mind.  They haunted him&

Just like they did months later.  Every moment.  He asked himself what if.  What if?&

((OOC: Sorry i couldnt type more, going to bed.  Rock on, team =P))

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

TRP/PFC Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  153
Total Posts:  1849
November 28, 2006 11:30:14 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Draken rolled over in his sleepless dream, but a sharp piece of metal stabbing into his arm soon woke him up again. He slowly looked around him, although little was visible in the near pitch-black area. He could see Snipes, quietly mumbling something about beer to himself, and across from him Tnepres muttering things about this woman called Sarah.

He was just considering rolling back into sleep again, when the sound of hushed voices down the corridor hit his ears. One of which he hadn't heard before, although the other was definetely Arnaut. Picking up his rifle from by his side and checking it was loaded, he silently rose up to a crouch,and creeped noiselessly down the corridor.

At the corner, he peeked one eye around the bend, to see a man pinning Arnaut to the wall, speaking slowly to him, he was still too far away to listen to what they were saying though. He'd seen enough, with one fluid movement, he spun out from around the corner onto one knee, his rifle pointed at the strangers head.

"Dont move" He ordered, tightening his finger on the trigger as the stranger turned to face him. The man was little more than a skeleteon, almsot every bone in his body was visible through the ripped remains of what appeared to be a pilots uniform.

Arnaut turned to face Kanderin and laughed, before slowly speaking to him.
"Kanderin, youv'e got it wrong, Hes a friend, hes going to take us to the rest of his scout crew" Arnaut was smiling, but Kanderin couldn't help but notice the look in his eye which told him he was secretly glad to no longer be alone with the man.

"Now put the rifle down and get back to sleep, private" The man spat the final word, his eyes hovering over the marking on Kanderins uniform.

Arnaut jumped away from the wall and stood in between the pair, breaking their very awkward silence.
"Its ok, Draken here is on night duty anyway"

The man's gaze again pierced Kanderin, as if he was scanning his mental strength and durability. Kanderin didn't say a word in return, and simply returned the stare, both refusing to blink. Kanderin didn't move until Arnaut was almost passed him, at which point he reached behind him and grabbed onto his shoulder.

"I dont trust this guy" He whispered into Kanderins ear.

"Neither do i,  thats why im going to wake Yillis, make him lie still as if hes still sleeping. Here make sure your ok with him, but if you have a problem, lift your little and idnex finger so he can see them, and he'll come over" Arnaut whispered back, before wandering off around the corner.

-----------------------
Private First Class Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith Squad=-
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

FTC/PFC Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  2823
Total Posts:  3940
November 28, 2006 8:45:31 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes felt a boot in his side, he coughed and shook his head.

"No need to be so violent." He mumbled before crawling stiffly to his feet, the hard floor was a horrible place to sleep.

Draken smiled at him, making a slight motion to a stick figure crouched in a corner with Arnaut. Snipes rose an eyebrow, then picked up his helmet and shoved it over his head, then went about tucking his long hair down the back of his armor, all the while observing the new arrival.

Snipes didn't like the look of him, he didn't look like anything alive. Mold didn't generally grow on living tissue, and if that wasn't mold it worried Snipes even more. Snipes remembered the Starwierds, they had been decent at driving a being mad, but the pressure Snipes skull felt now was greater than before, the kind of pressure that left a man frustrated all the time. Because Snipes recognized this pressure he'd been taking every abnormality in stride, as though he saw and heard such strange and disturbing sights and sounds everyday of his life, but this man made him take a mental step backwards.

Snipes resolved to speak with the man, why and what about exactly he did not know, but Snipes would find something. He began walking that way, the spec-ops armor dampened the noise of his passing, but as he looked around his squad mates he noticed few of them slept, in fact just Yoder and Leth were sleeping now, Snipes knew if he'd seen the man before nodding off he wouldn't have slept either.

"Get back!" The man commanded, his voice like the wind through the leaves in the corellian fall. Snipes shook his head. "Dammit, stay back, stay away. Don't come near us!" Snipes shrugged, looked at Arnaut, who nodded.

"Go back to bed, Snipes."

Snipes shook his head at Arnaut and walked over to the wall his sleeping bag was next to, kicking Yoder and Leth on his way, making signs for them to stay put. Then he stopped by Tnepres and crouched down, made it look like he was adjusting a boot while he whispered into the com techs ear.

"I need you to block Arnauts comm from our channel, signal me when you're done."

Snipes finished with his boot to take a few more steps and plop himself down right against the wall. There he waited, silently until his internal comm unit hissed and spoke to him.

"It's finished Snipes, now why?"

"I'll get to that." Snipes then signaled the rest of the squad, hoping most of them had their comms on or nearby, the armor they'd been issued had the nice feature of being able to block sound coming from within the suite as well as without, enabling a team to maintain communications when stealth was a priority.

"Snipes?" Draken chimed in.

"Yo." Yillis.

"Aye." Leth

"Uh-huh." Yoder.

"Alright guys, in case you didn't notice we have a new visitor, one who seems to be taking a lot of our SL's time. This guy is a bit strange and not to be trusted, not even a little bit."

"Arnaut seems to trust him, shouldn't that be good enough for us?" Yoder.

"No. We have to assume at this point our squad leader maybe compromised."

"The crazy guy did say the creature could take control of anyone." Tnepres

"Aye, Arnaut does seem the natural choice then,we don't know anything for certain though, I say we just keep fallowing his orders and listening to him but we keep our eyes open and think our way through each of his commands, it's crucial right now that they make sense."

"He said he'd take us to where the rest of the crews were, supposedly all alive."

"Well that's a lie, I know that, I saw the other crews splattered all over the walls and the hanger bay. This is definitely a trap, we need to keep vigilant. Worst comes to worst we may need to restrain our leader."

"There's also the possibility that he is the creature." Yillis "In which case we need to keep our eyes on him, there's a lot for use to do, we're going to get tired, but we'll have to keep an eye out, there's so many possible agendas for that thing that we can't do anything more than stick together and keep our eyes out until more of his plan is revealed to us."

"Aye."

The squad continued this way for some time, exchanging information and experiences relevant to their current situation until the lights turned on again. Snipes noticed that their Squad Leader and the thing had no broken conference all night, that worried the gunnery sergeant, worried him greatly

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

Post Number:  130
December 1, 2006 9:48:48 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    The squad walked unsteadily during the morning.  The commotion had deprived most of the troopers most of their sleep.  Talstorin found his mind extremely cloudy, hardly able to keep his eyes open.  The rest of the squad, save Arnaut, wasn't doing much better.  Noticing this, Snipes frowned, a bit worried.  Perhaps the creature is taking over Arnaut  &  

The squad followed the old man's lead for what seemed like hours and got practically no where.  It proved the man's memory was faulty as he often had to retrace his steps or accidently took the wrong path.  It was about noon that the squad had a lunch break.  Exhausted and frustrated, the squad sat down, some sleeping, some eating.  Arnaut sat down to talk to the old man. 

Talstorin sat down and closed his eyes.  He dozed off quickly.  Yoder and Draken did the same, leaving only Yillis, Snipes, and Arnaut awake.  Snipes and Yillis sat in a corner and ate portions from their rations pack and conversed. 

"Hey, did you notice Arnaut hasn't said one word this morning?  It's unlike him." Snipes began as he opened his drink and chugged a large portion of it.  Spiked, just how he liked it. 

"Yea, he's been talking to that creepy old dunce-bag all day.  I wonder what they could be saying."

Snipes nodded, agreeing.  "We should keep an eye out, as the two most experienced soldiers in this squad, we need to make sure the young-ins don't get into trouble."

Yillis chuckled a bit.  "I'm beginning to think more and more that the old man IS the creature."

"That is a possibility, he doesn't know where the hell he's going.  But then again, it also means, there is doubt he is trying to ambush us, and if he is, he won't do a good job if he can't even find the right room the ambush is in."

Yillis nodded.  The conversation went on like that, restating ideas from last night and supporting them with new examples.  Meanwhile, Arnaut talked to the man the entire time.

Yoder snored.  In his dream, he heard voices, which wasn't normal as he only heard voices normally when he was awake.  And those only told Yoder to burn things.  This one was different however.  Yoder . . . Watch you're back.  You're with dangerous people.  Especially the new recruit.  New, and no experience and already he's handling your squad's communication.  Do you know how easily it would be for the creature to take over his young undeveloped mind?  He has potential and you must stop him.  He'll kill all of you when you're back is turned.  And you can't cry for help if you're communication is under his control.  He'll steal you're position as the squad hero and trump card, yoder.  Don't let him.

Yoder awoke with a gasp.  He shook his head and gave Tnepres a cold hard stare.  He had to be careful of him and Arnaut.  They would steal his fame.  They were the enemy.  He started thinking of ways to stop the two, to make sure wraith is still just and right.  Inside his mind, a little voice yelled, "Burn them, burn them all."  Yoder dismissed it immediately.  He had much work to do.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2825
December 1, 2006 10:27:41 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes closed his canteen and put the helmet back on, years in Corps had trained his body to withstand sleepless nights and low rations, not all of his missions had been so well supplied. He nodded at Yillis and the two stood up, just a glance around could tell them the squad was uneasy, the stiffness of limbs and mental cloud that not sleeping for a night induces should have begun wearing away, but the lethargy persisted among most of the squad, save himself, Yillis and Arnaut. Snipes was no expert on the human boy, but he'd seen it in action enough he knew how it was supposed to act, and this wasn't it.

Snipes cast his eye over to Arnaut, lingering there a moment in the hopes of catching his Squad Leaders eye, he failed though and was forced to walk over to the man, this time their pale guide did not yell or scream, instead he went silent and eyed Snipes suspiciously, this sudden silence caught Arnauts attention, and he turned his head to meet Snipes eyes.

"What do you want?" Unusually belligerent.

"We've been here awhile, I think it's about time we move on, don't you?" Snipes wasn't going to be bullied by some one many years his junior.

"No." It was all he said, although Snipes could sense the fury held behind the helmet.

Snipes turned to Yillis and shook his head. Snipes friend visibly sighed and sat back down. Snipes himself walked among the others, taking a head count, the Wraiths mostly ignored him. Snipes could feel the sense of frustration, of futility, of fear in air, it was almost palpable. Finally deciding he'd had enough Snipes sat down next to his friend.

Snipes was about to say something to Yillis when his squad leader stood up and wordlessly signaled for them to begin the march again. Snipes tried to stay behind the rest and make sure no one straggled, while Yillis stayed near the front, trying to keep an eye on Arnaut.

------------------------------------

Leth kept his eyes forward, all the time, he knew better than to trust any of them, least of all Snipes, Snipes fallowed them, from behind, Leth knew what this was about, Snipes was keeping them from leaving, from getting away before Yillis led them into slaughter, yes, he knew the two were working together, they were feeding the best, that's what they were doing. It all makes sense really, Yillis made a deal, when he disappeared he made a deal with it, and he let Snipes in, yes, those two are good friends, they'll lead us into slaughter, we'll all be killed, torn apart.

That was when he saw it, a door, partially open leading off to the side, he could make it if he were quick, if he were quick he could get behind it and wait, yes wait until Snipes was in front of him. Then he could end him, let the others get away too.

------------------------------------

Snipes went over it again in his head, still trying to figure out what kind of beast it could be, sometimes it seemed small, sometimes big, sometimes it was a shadow, sometimes it was a noise on the wall, sometimes. . .

Snipes didn't get to finish the thought, something grabbed him silently from behind, it's hand around his throat, keeping him from speaking, and then, as Snipes was pulled backwards, through a door, the last thing he saw before it went black was the door shutting on his squad as he tried futilely to call out.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}

Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

Post Number:  131
December 1, 2006 11:05:34 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
Talstorin stretched, slightly invigorated.  He looked around at his squad members.  To his dismay, they didn't look like they were doing well.  Yoder and Leth bore faces, which made Talstorin worried.  He liked his new squad, he felt right at home, and he trusted them completely.  Well, actually, it depended on the thing he would trust them on.  Talstoran's pink pupils fell onto the old mans back.  There was something to this man, but he couldn't put his finger on it. 

Talstorin began to whistle but instantly found Yoder staring at him.  His helmet didn't allow room for facial expression but Talstorin knew it wouldn't have been good.  Stopping immediately,. Talstorin stepped nervously away from Yoder.  Awkward.  Talstorin bumped into a wall by accident.  The squad stopped moving and stared at him.  Feeling his self esteem drop, Talstorin looked down.

"What?" he asked nervously.  The squad turned back and started walking.

It was horrible.  Hours of walking and still they got no where.  It became obvious to even the stupidest organisms that the man had no idea where he was going.  Draken exploded finally.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?!!  WE'VE BEEN WALKING FOR HOURS AND STILL NO WHERE!" yelled the annoyed trooper.  Yillis frowned as he saw Arnaut turn around.  He was going to crush Draken.  Quickly, Yillis intervened.

"Please, have trust in our quest, be patient."  Arnaut nodded, content and started walking again, the rest of the squad following closely behind.  The noises from the creatures had all stopped, strangely, though no one had noticed yet. Draken grumbled to himself, looking downwards.  That damn Yillis, first he steals my job now he talks to me like he's all king like.  I'll show that usurper who's boss.  Draken stopped in his tracks.  What had just came over him?  He wasn't normally like this.  He felt another side of him take over again.  It's Yillis, It's all his fault.  He acts like he's all that.  He grumbled to himself. 

The man opened a room.  The squad widened their eyes immediately as they saw what was inside.  It was practically a graveyard, there were stacks of dead bodies everywhere, some of them had bitten off parts.  The man slammed the door shut almost immediately.  "Wups, wrong turn."

"But, what was in-" asked Talstorin before he was cut off by Arnaut. 

"The Man said move on."

With that, Talstorin sighed and continued walking.  The rest of squad followed too, as if they had never seen what was in the room.  Something was wrong.  Dead wrong. 

The squad stopped for a rest in another room.  The squad found themselves sitting very far from eachother.  The man and Arnaut sat in the right top corner, Snipes and Yillis the right bottom corner.  Leth, Draken and Yoder sat at the left top corner, leaving Talstorin alone on the left bottom corner. 

Talstorin stared through a window in the wall.  The other room was blank too.  How bland.  Talstorin sighed and looked around at his squad.  Things were happening, but he didn't know what, and he didn't how to stop it.  He picked up his head and took off his helmet.  Looking up at the window, he fell back.  Had he just seen?  Talstorin looked more closely through the window.  In the other room was Sarah, her long red hair hanging in a pony tail, dressed in a beautiful white dress.  Talstorin shook his head several times.  He was going crazy.  Definatly.  He looked up again, she was still there.  She stared at his direction for a minute then looked away as if she saw nothing.  As if he was invisible.

The squad were busy among themselves.  Letting curiosity get the better of him, Talstorin slipped out and into the next room.  This time, Sarah noticed him.  Strange.  Her face was that of happiness. 

"Talstorin!" she smiled and screamed, running forward.  She embraced him, and though he felt funny at first, he hugged her back.  She was real.  She was existant.  This time, it felt so right with her in his arms.  He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.  She smelled like fresh roses, the smell sending a sensation through his body.

"I missed you so much," she said, eyes closed, her face pressed against his neck.

"I missed you too."

"I'm so sorry," she continued.

"For what?"

"I never got to say.  I love you too."

Talstorin took a step back.  He looked at her with disbelief but his eyes only met her pretty face, smiling.  She looked up and him and smiled even more.  Talstorin let out a breath of happiness.  She stood up on her toes, leaning for a kiss.  But once again, Talstorin's curiosity got the better of him.  He stopped her. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" he asked.

She simply frowned and looked down on the floor.  A tear fell from her face and as the drop hit the ground, she disappeared.  Talstorin blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes.  She was gone.  He was delusional now.  He was crazy.  He hit himself with all his strength.  Why didn't he just kiss her?  In the other room, the man stared through the window as Arnaut talked.  A cold grin grew on his face as he stared at Talstorin.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  155
December 2, 2006 11:20:06 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Snipes ir right, theres definetely something wrong with Arnaut and his new friend" Yillis was spekaing in a hushed tone, crouched beside Draken the opposite side of the room from Arnaut and the old man, again engrossed in conversation.

"Why dont you go talk to them, since your so high and mighty" Kanderin snarled, staring down at the ground between his legs.

"Excuse me Draken?" Yillis replied, shocked at the anger in Drakens voice towards him.

Draken looked at him with his eyes blazing, but as quickly as it had appeared the anger subsided, and he shook his head violently to destroy the thoughts inside his head.
"Nothing, im sorry Yillis. Your'e right. Maybe we should take it up with Snipes.......Wait, where is he?" Kanderin jumped to his feet, closesly followed by Yllis. Their eyes scanned the perimeters of the room, with no sign of Snipes anywhere.

"Arnaut!" Yillis shouted across the room. Arnaut slowly looked towards him, visibly angry at being interupted in his conversation.

"Snipes has gone!"

Arnaut looked around the room cooly, before turning back to the man and speaking quietly. Eventually he turned back to Yillis.

"Go back and see if you can find him, Take Draken with you"

"But what happened to not getting seperated?"

Arnaut completely ignored Yillis's question, and turned back to talk again with the man.

Yillis punched the wall and marched down the corridor, angrily signalling for Draken to follow.

Although Draken was walking, he wasn't watching what he was doing.

Yillis came into this squad and stole everything from you. That Assistant squad leader job is yours. You even had promotion coming your way, but Yillis pushed you out of the limelight. No one likes him, he'd be better off dead.....

Draken looked up at the back of Yillis's head, silently cursing his very name, He wasn't going to hide it, the voices were right. Yillis was currently stood at the contorl panel of a door, pressing buttons to unlock it.

The sight was terrible, he was just about to open his mouth to cry out in shock, when a sharp blow to the back of his head knocked him clean out.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

Post Number:  138
December 2, 2006 5:19:41 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    The trooper walked back into the room.  His head felt heavy and his spirit heavier.  Arnaut noticed Talstorin walked in and turned.  His face was still unusually serious and stern.  He barked a command almost immediately.

"Yillis and Draken haven't been back for a while.  Tnepres, go find them, Yoder you too."

Talstorin tilted his head and looked in the spot where Snipes and Yillis had sat.  They were both gone.  He opened his mouth to argue but knew what would have followed so he relunctantly nodded to Yoder, signaling to follow.  Yoder gave him a harsh cold stare before putting on his helmet and getting up.  He walked in front of Talstorin, who had followed behind closely.  Leth looked up at the two, feeling alone as he was left with Arnaut and the man.

Yoder turned back to face Talstorin as soon as they left the room.  "If you try to pull anything, I'll burn y- I mean tie you down with rope."  Before waiting for an answer, he turned around and continued to walk.  Talstorin paused and looked at Yoder's back, confused, before starting to follow him again.

Talstorin's mind wandered during the journey, still confused with the Sarah incident.  Was it just his imagination?  She felt so real in his arms, and yet no human could just disappear the way she did.  Something was incredibly wrong about this place.  Yoder mumbled to himself the entire walk as well, something about traitors.  The two suddenly stopped when both a noticed a soaring shadow wiz past them.  It zoomed around the hallways, then disappeared into the right room. 

"Did you see that Yoder?"

"Of course I saw it, you idiot," said the trooper, grabbing his DC-15 immediately and dashed into the right room.  Talstorin wielded his "Annihilator" pistol and followed.  The right room was filled with thousands of mirrors, even the walls were mirrors.  This should've allowed the two to see anything in the room but there was just their own relflections.  A faint shadow dashed across the floor and walls of the room.  It's shadow was there but where was the creature itself?  A sudden figure dashed across the room, causing Yoder to shoot at it by instinct, though missing.  The figure was moving too fast to see what it actually was but it would appear at random moments, moving very fast before suddenly disappearing.  Talstorin shot at it many times, to no avail. 

A sudden wack sent both Yoder's and Talstorin's pistols flying, both crashing to the floor.  Yoder ran to get it but was suddenly hit by a machine gun turret that ramed out of the wall.  Yoder fell from the impact with the metal object, shaking his head.  The turret turned to aim at Talstorin.  Backing away, Talstorin's heartbeat quickened. 

It sprayed the room with bullets.

Talstorin quickly ran to the right, a bullet catching his clock, ripping it slightly.  He tripped over his own foot, falling below the bullets.  A lucky save.  The gun faced down, lower, to aim at Talstorin again.  A red shot hit it and bounced off, leaving a hole in the mirror ceiling.  The gun turned around to face the one who had fired, Yoder.  As it turned around, Talstorin quickly used his wrist lasers to shoot quickly at the turret, all bounced off in random directions. 

It fired again.

Yoder rolled to the left, avoiding the entire the spray quickly.  The gun aimed again, it was focused on Yoder.  Taking the opportunity, Talstorin quickly brandished his electrostaff, rushing at the turret.  As it started to fire, Talstorin slashed down the it's narrow arm, which kept it attached to the wall.  The arm snapped, the bullets missing horribly as the machine fell to the floor with a thud.  It cracked the mirror below it.  Throwing Yoder his pistol after he pocketed his own, he smirked. 

"Seven years bad luck, I guess."

Yoder didn't answer.  He walked out through another door, making Talstorin catch up by running. 

"Hey, what's with the silence??"

"Nothing, contact Arnaut and tell him we're lost."

"I knew we were, and you claimed no."

"Don't argue with me, I've got seniority over you."

Talstorin sighed and checked his radio.  He stopped walking and frowned.  Grabbing the omninode set on his back, he tried to fix things.  Yoder spun around.

"What is it now?"

Talstorin looked up.  "Our frequency.  It's changing randomly every second.  There's no way to set it."

"In English?"

"We're screwed.  We can't establish a connection.  The squad can't communicate by comlink."

Yoder nodded and continued on.  "I'm not stupid.  You set this up."

Talstorin tilted his head, "What are you talking about?"

"You set this up, so that you can kill me while I think I can't radio for help.  Give me that set, you don't deserve to have it."

"Whoa, calm down, what's gotten over you?"

"Hand it over."

"No, you have no idea what to do with it."

"Hand IT over."

"No, what's wrong with you?"

"HAND IT OVER, DAMMIT!" Yoder grabbed his pistol and aimed it at Talstorin.  "Now."  Yoder was unusually serious and angry.

Talstorin sighed and handed it to Yoder, who reluctantly put down his pistol.  Yoder stared at the set.  Another whack came.  The set flew out of Yoder's hands and fell to the floor with a heavy thud, the set breaking into multiple parts.  The two stared dazed at the mess on the floor, then looked up to see a shadow running away.  Yoder and Talstorin ran after it, pistols drawn. 

They entered a dark room.  The lights flickered.  Talstorin looked with amazement.  In front of them stood rows and rows of droids.  Each one carried a blaster though they were all deactivated.  Yoder approached one and tapped it. 

"What kind of droids are these," Yoder asked.

"I believe B-1 battle droids," answered Talstorin as he ran his hand across the silver head of the droid.  "I used to see them at the bazaar for souvenirs." 

Yoder nodded and looked at the droids.  They were dusty, some even had cobwebs.  It reminded him of the Wraith barracks, in fact.  The lights fickered and turned off.  Talstorin frowned.  Not again.  Yoder looked up and glanced around. Turning back, he foud a circular pair of green sensor eyes looking straight at him.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background( out now- read it on army story board)
Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  268
Total Posts:  903
December 3, 2006 4:23:00 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
"Alright, let's move out!" Arnaut called, standing up from his resting spot. Leth looked at him warily. He shrugged it off. What did he care how Leth looked at him? Davrim waddled up to him.

"He's staring at you," he said quietly. Arnaut shrugged. "No, I mean he's staring at you. He thinks you're the enemy. He doesn't trust you." Arnaut glanced back. Now that he thought about it, he was looking at him oddly. Arnaut frowned slightly before walking ahead. He didn't look back to see if Leth followed.

Two hours later, they were hopelessly lost. They never should've left their spot. Davrim was wringing his hands nervously, glancing back and forth about the shadows as if they would leap out at him. Leth walked impassively, staring at nothing. Arnaut sighed. What a crew to be with. The only warning he had was small flicker outside his vision before something came hurtling out of the air, hitting him in the chest and throwing him to the metal floor. The metal arm of a droid lay heavily across his chest as Arnaut lay panting for breath. D'har simply watched and Davrim was nowhere to be seen. Tossing it off of him angrily, he stormed into the room it had flown out from, never once thinking that there could be something dangerous on the other side of the door.

A small droid whizzed around, robotic arms working wildly. As Arnaut stepped through the doorway, it surveyed him with its optical sensors, before quietly going about its task again. As soon as it came to the first piece of junk on the ground, which there were many, it picked it up hurriedly and tossed it at Arnaut.

Arnaut wasted no time in unsheathing two blades and flinging them through the air. By the time he ducked, the droid was already slowing down, electrical wires frayed and sputtering by the twin blades protruding from its artificial torso. Angrily muttering, he walked over to the thing, punching it with all the force left in his arm. Before it hit the ground, Arnaut's rifle was out and firing. After successfully shattering the droid beyond recognition, he stalked out again, a long string of curses coming from his mouth. Davrim had reappeared, looked more pale than usual, and definitely a lot more nervous. D'har hadn't moved an inch. Still muttering, he marched down the hall.

A flicker of motion just outside his line of sight caught his attention. He stopped, jerking his to look but there was nothing there. Another flicker. He swung his head around. Nothing. Flicker. He spun around, but there was still nothing. His head swam. Flicker. He tried to look in every direction at once. Flicker. His vision blurred, he couldn't see clearly. Flicker. The world distorted; he collapsed to his knees. Flicker. Something smashed into the back of his head and the world went black.

When Arnaut regained consciousness, D'har face was the first thing he saw. He hastily pushed himself away.

"Nice of you to join us, sir," he said blandly. "Or should I say 'me'. Your friend bashed you in the head with a rifle before running off, right after you got done spinning around in a circle and fell to your knees. You meet just the greatest people, don't you?" Arnaut ignored him. Davrim must've been working for the creature the entire time. If he wasn't the creature himself. Muttering unintelligibly, Arnaut stood up and led the way.

D'har didn't speak during the trip. In fact, he didn't even look at Arnaut. He doesn't trust you... Davrim's words came up in his head.  At least he wasn't staring at Arnaut accusingly anymore.

If we're going to find this creature, we better start looking harder. Arnaut peeked in the next room they passed, revealing a very odd display. At the far end, a dark door stood, no doubt leading to more and more hallways. Cylindrical, clear tubes lined the walls, about Arnaut's height, and filled with a sickly green fluid. Or, at least, most of them contained a fluid. On the far side of the room, one of the tubes had fallen, shattered glass and liquid spilled over the floor. Next to the broken tube, two bodies lay, evidently very old from the way they were decayed. Intrigued, Arnaut cautiously walked over and plcuked a datapad from the nearest body. Opening it up, he and D'har began to read its contents.

----------------

-=Log 39.8=-
Sergeant Davrim Tharn
To: Command
The specimens are coming along nicely. A16, A17, A17.3, and B14 have all reached full maturity. Microscopic analysis indicate that A16 and A17.3 both have the ability, and are being cloned for further study. The other two will be summarily kept under watch to see if the offspring show any signs of the trait. With A 16 and A17.3 showing signs, though, it shouldn't be all that necessary. Command has given us two more weeks to complete the research. More test subjects are needed before we can hand over accurate results. Of late, the city is almost empty. If command could send just a few more people to occupy the city for study, maybe our results could come sooner.

----------------

So they had more than one creature to begin with, Arnaut thought. And Sergeant Davrim Tharn? He worked here? How could he have been from the scouts if he worked here? From D'har's puzzled expression, he was thinking the same thing. Arnaut continued to read.

----------------

-=Log 40.1=-
Sergeant Davrim Tharn
To: Command

The new shipment of test subjects has been quite to standards. We thank you for the latest shipment. A16 and A17.3 both have been released upon the new subjects. All were killed within a matter of hours. A17.3 is actually more potent, as the latest tests have revealed. It is currently being cultivated to find out the cause of this 'event'. Either way, both are almost militarily effective at the moment. A good sample shall be sent to command shortly.

----------------

-=Log 41.2=-
Lieutenant Tanard Rath

Lieutenant Tharn, in charge of the biological monstrosity we've created, is nowhere to be found since the spill. This...this microorganism he's created has escaped, and it's playing its role with brutal efficiency. My men are turning on each other or simply killing themselves after going insane. And worse, one of the men got hold of some heavy weapons and blasted the power grid to smithereens. The lab is working on back-up power, but the unfortunate souls caught in the city are lost. We're holding out as best we can, but more and more go insane each day. We're dying from the inside help. This asteroid is lost. DO NOT SEND HELP! It would only be suicide for the rescue teams. It shouldn't be too long now. I've sent out a group of five to hyperspace the asteroid randomly to get as far from harming the locale populace as we can. We're sorry for the failure, sirs!

----------------

Arnaut shook his head in disbelief. The creature wasn't a creature at all; it was a disease. A disease that turned people mad. Arnaut inadvertently shuddered. They had to find the rest of the squad before they went insane. They had to leave NOW.

"Lies," Leth muttered under his breathe.

"What?" Arnaut asked.

"LIES! Don't you see? Davrim set this up! He's trying to lure us into a false sense of security so he and the creature--if it wasn't him the entire time--can get us!" He cried. Arnaut was about to say he didn't feel safe at all, when Leth continued.

"You don't really believe this do you? Do you?" Leth stared at him, waiting for the answer that wouldn't come. After a minute he started backing away.

"Leth, don't you realize? It's gotten to you! You're slowly going..." He couldn't bring himself to say 'insane'.

"I knew it all along. You were with the monster from the very beginning, or at least since we met Davrim. I knew it! I knew it!" With a horrible cry, Leth pulled out his rifle and fired.  Arnaut just barely missed getting hit, the bolt scorching his armor on the left shoulder. He backpedaled out of the room, shooting off stray shots to make D'har duck, not to kill him. Breathing heavily, Leth stared at him one last time, and fled out the back door.

Breathing heavily, Arnaut took a moment to calm himself down. Apparently they were already more infected than he had originally thought. He had to warn the others before it was too late.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/LCP Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 3, 2006 4:39:56 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited February 3, 2007 10:25:09 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  157
December 4, 2006 11:03:08 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin pulled the heavy hatch door shut with a mighty heave, and promptly dropped down to his knees, breathing quickly. The impact of what he had just done was beginning to hit him. He'd attacked a senior, he'd be thrown out of the army for sure. He'd worked so hard in the army, and a moment of chaotic thought has destroyed all his work.

No, he couldn't let that happen. He'd worked too hard to fail now. He'd deny the entire thing, Yillis did'nt see Kanderin hit him with the rifle butt, and he was out cold by the time he hit the ground. He would say they were jumped, both knocked out and seperated.

Kanderin laughed to himself, before the sound of gunfire down the hallway made him jump back to his feet. A figure dove around the bend in the corridor, and sat gasping for breath, his back crouched agaisnt the wall.

It was Arnaut. And he was in trouble. Luckily the block they were in was square, he had discovered it was jsut a chain of passages when he wasd ragging the heavy body of Yillis into the room. He crept down the hallway opposite to where Arnaut sat, and stopped at the opening to his left.

There sat D'Har, crouched against another wall, his rifle pointing down the corridor to Arnaut. This was it, his army life wasn't doomed. D'Har has gone insane, all Kanderin has to do is kill Yoder and hes automatically a hero. That Asssitant squad leader place would be his again before you could say promotion, which was also coming.

Kanderin silently slipped his 'Ahnilator' pistol from its holder on his left, and judged the distance in between himself and Leth. he then pushed from the wall and sprinted full pelt towards the now turning D'Har. D'Har managed to fire off a few shots, but Kanderin dived to the left and kept running. He was just about to fire off another round of shots, when a haymaker from Kanderin sent him toppling to the ground. Kanderin kicked the blaster rifle from Leth's side and pointed his pistol at the head of his prey.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

D'har Leth
ComNet Cadet

D'har Leth

Post Number:  256
Total Posts:  501
December 8, 2006 9:38:54 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Leth lashed out at Kanderin's hand, sending the blaster clattering to the ground. Leth returned the punch with a swift kick to the face, sending Kanderin backwards, and then sent his robotic arm into Kanderin's abdomen, cracking the armor. Before Kanderin could react, Leth took off at full speed, barreling down the hallway.

He didn't know how long he had been running, he didn't know anything anymore, but he wasn't thinking, he didn't need to think, all he had to do was survive. As he ran, he heard voices from behind him, then from in front of him. He almost would have stopped on his own had he not run straight into a low-hanging pipe, sending him crashing to the floor.

It hurt, but not enough for Leth to pay any attention to, what he did pay attention to was what he saw before him. Bodies, bodies all over the place so mangled, they didn't even look like bodies anymore. The accompanying blood spattered all over would have made a normal man lose his stomach contents, perhaps even his sanity. But Leth hadn't eaten in days and was borderline insane already. The bodies, or at least pieces of them looked as if they'd been hit by a tornado that had previously picked up a factory's worth of knives. They were cut to ribbons, it was sickly artistic, the bodies progressing from one to another, no normal man could even imagine someone doing this. In his mind's eye, Leth could see himself doing it, dancing back and forth in a whirlwind of blades, severing veins, tendons, ligaments, arterial fluid spraying everywhere, but not a drop of it touching him. From one horrified victim to the next, all they could see was a blur, it was once a person, but not anymore, it was a monster, it was amazing to behold, it was their turn to die.

Leth looked around at the corpses, hundreds lay strewn about in an obscene picture from the mind of such a diseased individual. He had to get out, this was not the solace he sought so desperately. Was this why he ran from his once comrades, were they still his comrades, or were they all against him, feeding the "Me Against the World" mentality left over from his childhood.

He had to get out, go somewhere else, anywhere, but where was he? He'd no idea, and surely no one else knew either and the only way to know is to just keep running. So he did, he ran and ran, he ran faster than he knew he could. All of this in a desperate attempt to escape this horrible dream that was fast becoming reality. He kept running blindly, hearing hushed voices calling to him. He ran faster still, charging with all his might, into where though? As he ran, it grew ever darker, until he could no longer see, but still he kept running.

A loud thud ended this run, all of the force in Leth's body being exerted at the point of impact, a familiar broken pipe, shattering the front of Leth's helmet and his nose. Blood went everywhere, from his nose to his mouth, from his mouth back into his nose, as it grew ever darker and Leth dropped into shaking unconscious mass.

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/Nar Shaddaa

[Red Dragon Order]
TL/Sgt D`har Leth/Task Force 2/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(O)
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2836
December 10, 2006 7:50:48 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes twisted away from his attacker, reaching down and pulling his long knife from his boot at the same time, now across from his assailant in the dark Snipes struck out with the long blade of the knife, then dove to the side in case of a counter strike, as he did this he switched vision modes in his helmet until the green glow of night vision illuminated everything, sadly even this way it was difficult to see anything, however the arm and fist and knife became visible and Snipes dodged to one side, then another, barely staying ahead of his opponent until he felt a jab against his armor and felt the assailants knife break against it, then Snipes dove in, slashing, stabbing and yelling until he was certain the body was dead, then he put the knife away and pulled a small glow lamp from his belt and switched it on.

This illuminated the body of his attacker, Snipes nearly gagged, although he was slashed and bloodied from Snipes attack, it wasn't the only damage to him, one of his legs was swollen and rotten, the rest of his body was likewise emaciated, every cut and bruise seemed to be infected, he had abnormal fungal growths and all kinds of boils and puss pockets, Snipes picked up his gun and quickly left the room, afraid he might get sick at that sight.

He wasn't sure where the rest of the squad was, so Snipes decided to back track to the ship, he tried hailing them on comms, but it was impossible. He found his way back because of a nifty little tracking device his data pad had, it didn't have a map of the facility, but it showed a line and how far he traveled in each direction, using this he somehow managed to find his way back to the ship shortly after the lights went off for the night. Once he was safely inside he first tore off the armor and donned his normal flamboyant dress, then he secured his ship nice and tight, no one was getting in, friend or foe, then Snipes fed the gurrcat and went up to the cockpit.

Here Snipes sat and smoked his cigarra, reflecting, reflecting was an important part of his routine,it allowed him to focus and learn from his mistakes. However he couldn't settle down, so, eventually, he made his way back to the entrance hatch and pulled the remains of the greeting droid together and packed them down to the cargo hold, a side of which had been made into a shop, here Snipes fiddled with the remains, trying to access the data stored inside it, the droid had quite a bit, but most of it was useless to Snipes, designs and diagrams for half baked inventions and some research data.

Snipes did find something interesting, it seemed to be a schematic for some sort of nano-device, shaped like a pyramid, it was supposedly air borne or could be transferred through bodily fluids. As Snipes understood it it was supposed to speed healing and increase strength. However from the testing reports it seemed all it had done was interrupt the nervous system, resulting in paranoia, hallucinations, delusions, a loss of feeling and  reduced immune system efficiency. But even that wasn't what surprised Snipes, it was the early signs: "Auditory hallucinations; specifically scratching and growling, distrust, unreasonable sense of fear, belligerence, and lack of focus."

Snipes couldn't be sure but it seemed a lot like what his squad was going through. It also seemed to be one of the few things in the droids memory banks that had actually been finished Snipes knew he'd been hearing scratching, growling, that he'd seen glimmers and glimpses of other things. Snipes refused to believe he could be so easily duped, so easily fooled by, he had an iron will, a will power born of his nobility, weather he was a black sheep or not, he was still an aristocrat. Then realization donned on Snipes, it was a trick, a trick so that he would not fear the beast, he had to get word to his friends, the beast was among them, this he knew with an unnatural certainty.

He ran to the cockpit again and tried to hail them with the ships comms but to no avail, finally, admitting defeat, he barricaded himself in his room, the top most room of the ship, it was round and had a great transpera-steel dome over it, so from his bed Snipes lay and watched the starts overhead until he finally fell asleep.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}

Tnepres
ComNet Initiate

Tnepres

Post Number:  170
December 11, 2006 3:50:09 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Talstorin ran quickly, looking backwards with each step.  He had ran from security druids when Yoder, seemingly without a purpose, turned on him.  A hail of gun bursts followed him, the sprayed shots missing horribly though not failing to intimidate Talstorin.  He ran into a huge room, full of trees and grass, it made the room have a musky, humid environment.  Talstorin stopped to look around.  A simulated environment, perhaps a forest. Sunlight filled the room from a lamp, the electricity was back on.  Another spray of gunfire came, causing Talstorin to jump.  He began to run again and hid behind a tree.  Looking towards the door, he found Yoder walking in, a blaster in hand.  A strange green glow came from his helmet as he walked in, slowly, looking around. 

"I'll find you& I'll kill you," were the words that came from Yoder's mouth.  Talstorin peeked from the side, catching Yoder's attention.  Immediately, Yoder raised his blaster and sent multiple lasers at Talstorin, who quickly ducked and rolled to the side.  The blasters hit a strange leathery rock.  Yoder shot again as he ran towards Talstorin.  The shots missed, again hitting the rock.  The two ran around mouth of the forest, not going deeper as to prevent getting lost. 

Talstorin hit the wall with a heavy pant, falling to his knees.  Blaster shots came again, one of them catching the edge of Talstorin's shin armor, causing the him to jump back from surprise.  He looked up, seeing Yoder walking towards him.  Talstorin tilted his head.  He swore he saw the rock move.  The ground rumbled for a minute, both Talstorin and Yoder turned to look.  The rock wasn't really a rock.  The beast rose, standing 4 meters tall, it's gaping mouth open, showing it's long sharp teeth.  An Acklay.

It dashed at Yoder, sending one scythe like arm down at him. Yoder jumped out of the way, landing with a roll.  He shot at the monster's neck, only angering it.  It roared with anger, sweeping the ground with it's right arm, nearly catching Yoder, then slamming it's left arm down at Yoder.  Yoder jumped out of the way, getting his left arm cut.  It was strong, the cut had made it through Yoder's armor and a bit of his flesh.  Talstorin got up, throwing a grenade in the general direction before taking off.  Yoder followed, no longer interested with killing Talstorin.  The grenade exploded in the Acklay's face.  It roared both in pain and in rage, chasing after the two troopers, who had headed into the forest.  It was faster by far, breaking through the dense foliage as it ran.  Talstorin turned right, ducking into the bushes, Yoder left.  The Acklay continued straight.  Talstorin took a last look, it had a black collar around it's spined neck. 

Another grenade hit it.  Talstorin cursed as the Acklay turned around, looking at Yoder, who had thrown the grenade.  It's eyes were filled with the same purple glow that filled Yoder's eyes.  It rushed towards Yoder.  He ran, tripping over a large leg.  A breath of hot air blew against Yoder as the leg turned straight up.  The reek bellowed as it got up, awakened.  A large scar went down it's left eye, it was battle torn.  Talstorin watched from a distance, observing that the reek had a black collar too.  It's eyes were bloodshot, it too had a purple tint, though not as much.  The Acklay stopped a bit too late, crashing into the reek.  That was all that was needed however, as the two quickly began to attack eachother,  This was not natural, it was way too violent.  Something had changed these specimens.

Talstorin ran away, the lamp dimmed and finally turned off as he did.  It was a simulated nighttime.  He ran through the forest, keeping his night vision on, leaving Yoder behind.  He heard several growls and sounds through the forest, though he didn't stop to see what they were.  Finally, he reached the door, which opened automatically.  Talstorin stepped in, finding himself in another environment.  Sand filled the floor though the room was at night as well.  There was little cover, making it easy to see what was in the room.  There were all inactive animals, slumped down on the floor, as if hibernating,.  They all had black collars, eyes shut and hunched in a fetal position on the ground.  There were a variety of animals: Dewbacks, Eopis, Massifs and others which Talstorin did not recognize.  There was a door on the other side, it would be a long walk. 

Talstorin trudged silently in the sand, getting more and more tired with each step.  He stopped looking and just walked with his eyes shut, attempting to get some rest.  Suddenly, he tripped over something hard.  He opened his eyes as he got up and looked down.  Animal bones.  They were scattered everywhere.  Looking around more, he noticed there were many animals half rotting, cut up horribly.  Even the bones bore scars as if they were viciously attacked and killed in a way abnormal in natural environments.  These animals scared Talstorin, they were defiantly all sick.  He wondered if he too was sick, feeling a bit of a fever coming.

A screech echoed the room.

A dark figure ran toward Talstorin.  Quickly, he grabbed his electrostaff, turning it on.  The red electricity created a low hum.  Brandishing the staff, Talstorin turned toward the dark shape and readied his stance.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  272
December 12, 2006 6:14:08 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Running. Running. Running faster. Arnaut stopped to take a breath. Then the vicious cycle began anew. The faster he ran, the faster he wanted to run. Hafta...tell...everyone. For some reason, he suddenly found the whole situation very funny. He had to warn the squad yet...he was running from two of the squad members.

Stopping, spontaneous giggling came upon him. It turned into a mad, cackling laugh that echoed down the halls. He threw his head back and roared. His eyes started to water, and he clutched his stomach. He started to wheeze as the laughing continued. The wheezing slowly turned into dry retching. Wearily, he collapsed next to the wall still trying to cough up his stomach. When it finally, painfully ended, he stood up and wiped the bit of blood from his nose. I'm sane! I am! Shuddering, he wondered just how much of that thought was true.

He took a few experimental steps before collapsing to the ground. He couldn't go on like this. How long had it been since his last meal? Arnaut guessed maybe two days or so. No rest for the damned. He pulled a ration pack out of his pack and split open the protective sealing. A few minutes won't hurt...

When he was finally done, he stood up and commenced the search all over again. The only sound he could hear were his boots hitting the metal floor and his ragged breathing. Nothing moved, nothing else made a sound. It was quiet; too quiet.

Our of nowhere a dark shape sprang up and tackled him to the ground. Before he knew what he was doing, Arnaut had unsheathed a knife and plunged it deep into his attacker's gut. Another knife appeared in his other hand and plunged through the man's--and it indeed was a man--throat. Gurgling incoherently, the man stumbled backwards, a bit a blood running from his nose and mouth. Coughing one last time he collapsed and was still.

Picking himself up from where he'd fallen, Arnaut retrieved his two knives and casually wiped them on the corpse's shirt. The face looked familiar. No...more than familiar. He knew that face. Davrim... After avoiding insanity for so long, he finally snapped. Arnaut shook his head dolefully before moving on.

Something moved up ahead. Something big. Arnaut lifted his rifle uneasily, but if it was even half the size Arnaut thought, he didn't know if the rifle would do much good. Gears whined, motors turned, the smell of axle grease wafted down the halls. Whatever it was, it wasn't biological. Arnaut cautiously moved forward, the sound and smell growing with each step.

Finally he saw it--a giant mechanical monstrosity standing on two spindly legs. It looked like an AT-ST of sorts except the cockpit was more bulbous, with a slit for a viewport that the supposed pilot looked out of. Six gun turrets lined each side of the bubble shaped cockpit, and the legs indeed looked to be salvaged off an AT-ST. Arnaut took an involuntary step back. Why anything would need so many guns, Arnaut hadn't a clue. If only he had some rockets, he would maybe, maybe stand a chance.

The thing noticed him, it's bulbous head swiveling down to look at him. The blaster turrets opened up, red death flying from the tips of each one. Arnaut ran.

The first door Arnaut came to looked as good as any, so he jumped in. Laser bolts scorched the space he had occupied not a second before. The ground turned to liquid under the sustained blasts. Breathing heavily, Arnaut made his way to the back of the room and out the door on the other side. Whatever that had been, he didn't want to run into it again.

(OOC: Story is paused, please no more posts...unless they're already half finished. HSC is calling.)

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/LCP Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 12, 2006 6:15:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited December 12, 2006 6:42:35 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Cadet

Tnepres

Post Number:  276
January 8, 2007 4:26:53 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    A claw slashed at his face.  Quickly, Talstorin side-stepped and hit the figure on the back of it's head with his electrostaff.  The figure fell forward, Talstorin stomped on it's head, keeping it pinned.  It was lucky the trooper had experience with melee combat before.  The figure growled, becoming more clearer as to what it was.  A Criss male, holding a vibroblade.  It blinked it's red eyes before flipping Talstorin off it's head, sending  the trooper falling back, not hesitating to thrust the blade down at the trooper.  From reflexes, Talstorin kicked up, hitting the Chiss on the  chest, stopping the thrust.  Quickly, he got up with a small flip, landing a bit unsteadily.  The Chiss slashed, only to be blocked by the staff.  The trooper kicked the Chiss in the gut, causing the assailant to loosen his grip.  Taking advantage of the recovery, Talstorin snatched the blade from the Chiss' hands and stabbed blindly at the Chiss.

The male fell backwards, gagging, his arms flailing as he tried to remove the vibro-blade lodged into his throat.  After a while, the male stopped, freezing stiffly.  Dead.  Talstorin chuckled and continued heading towards the door.  It didn't take long to walk the rest of the way.  The metallic automatic doors worked perfectly though the light was still out.  The two doors opened with a beep, Talstorin walking in.  Before him, he found a huge computer.  It was one of those big ones found in some control center, a super computer.  A dead body laid down at the base of the control panels, no cuts or stabs visible.  His eyes were blood-shot, his facial expression was one of horror.  Talstorin kicked the body aside, tapping the keys randomly.  The monitor clicked.

A green light came on and the speakers exerted sound.  "Welcome sir!  It's been a while."     Talstorin stepped back for a minute.  The computer could talk and knew who he was? 

Talstorin blinked.  "Do I know you?"

"What would you like to do today."  Talstorin sighed in relief when the computer answered.  Bah, not too smart.  Talstorin spoke again.

"Ahem, what do you have?"

"Excessing log."  Talstorin blinked.  He never said anything about a log.  Perhaps the computer didn't understand basic. 

"Welcome.  I am Betty, the central computer for this asteroid.  I was sent here to help this research group on their experiments."

The trooper leaned forward, interested.  The computer continued.  "Log Deleted."  Talstorin jumped back.  Had he just deleted it?  It wasn't him, he hadn't touched a key.  Must've been deleted earlier.  A sudden alarm went off.  The computer spoke again.  "Ship leaving hanger."  Ship leaving hanger?  What ship was there?  Talstorin spoke. 

"Zoom into hanger."

The computer did just that, and indeed, the wraith's ship was leaving.  It was slowly heading out to space.  But who was piloting it?

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Happy Holidays! Cause Wraith is going to leave you others in the dust for the HSC
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2894
January 12, 2007 10:02:40 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes woke up, eventually, groggily. He dressed himself in clean clothes and strapped on his weapons, but he did so too slowly, his mind seemed . . . dull. He struggled to wake up fully and break through that mental cloud, but he couldn't, his nostrils burned and he sweated profusely. His mind refused to focus, yet blindly and almost without noticing it he packed himself heavily, a dual shoulder holster with DL-44's, hold out blasters and their rigs on each arm, his shot gun of course, as well as a flash4 in a cross-draw holster at his front, his cutlass shoved under the sash, his boot knife and another hold out in his left boot. In a holster built into his jacket was another DL-44, and in his pockets was every conceivable sort of ammunition. The last thing he grabbed was his G8 blaster rifle, easily as compact as an E-11, but far more accurate and reliable.

Snipes blindly walked to the turbo lift out of his room, he had to break through the barricades, but he did so and then into the lift he went, taking it all the way down to the main deck, then he began moving toward the exit, his mind becoming more and more fevered as he moved, somehow broken out of the fog it had been in. Now the Snipes knew that the beast was going to try to kill him, he was important, he flew the ship, if he was dead the others couldn't leave, yes. He was going to have to kill the beast.

And anyone who gets in my way.

Snipes made for the airlock at a run, he had to save himself, he couldn't let himself die. He had to kill the beast. The airlock took an excruciating amount of time opening and closing again once he was through so that the other door could open and close. The entire process took entirely too long, Snipes mind festered, he knew something was up now, there was a noise behind him and he twisted around and released a series of shots from the G8. There was nothing there. He laughed to himself. He was shooting at shadows, that had to be bad, had to be really bad, he wasn't sure, maybe it was good, maybe his senses were just too good. Yes, too good, that's what it was. He wasn't paranoid. Paranoia was for crazy people, Snipes wasn't crazy, was he? Of course he wasn't, what a silly question.

He moved into the first corridor quickly, it was dark and unfriendly, but he pulled a flashlight from his pocket and attached it to a breast pocket of his jacket. Then he stepped into the darkness. And almost as soon as he did he heard laughing and growling, it was coming from down the hall. He knew it was, beyond the reach of his light. He released a volley of bolts. He heard a hiss and released another volley. Then something behind him, and he swirled, finger on the trigger all around until he pumped the rest of his clip into the airlock. He laughed, somebody was messing with him, that's what it was, his squad was trying to kill him, they thought he was the beast, that's what it was. He heard the clink of armor to his right and twisted, letting the rifle fall to his side, he grabbed both DL's from the holsters and fired, completely around him. And then he ran.

Back into the ship he went, there were too many of them, he couldn't win.  Once the airlock finished it's routine, angry that it took so long. He took the time though to reload his pistols and G8. Then it opened and he ran as quickly as he could to the cockpit.

He burst into it and began flipping switches and hitting buttons. Then he gripped the controls and took the ship away from asteroid. He took to missile range and prepared his only concussion missile for firing.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.

D'har Leth
ComNet Cadet

D'har Leth

Post Number:  280
Total Posts:  501
January 12, 2007 10:45:39 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Leth's eyes shot open, a sudden rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins. Perhaps something was about to happen, but how would he know that. No, no, it's just a natural response after being knocked unconscious. Of course, yes, that's it. The energy he had just awoken with made him twitch; he needed to move. The trooper jumped to his feet, out of a pool of his own blood. He saw the blood, he felt it, but he didn't care. A twitching fit overcame him as his head violently spasmed from side to side.

He felt lightheaded, most likely due to the blunt force trauma and blood loss. Twitching more and more, he started to stomp and slam the walls. Hit, kick, stomp, kick, scratch, hit, kick, stomp, bite! Leth bit down on the broken pipe, bit it as hard as he could until he felt something break. The bite had calmed him down a bit, he now only twitched a little.

Gathering his wits, he took a seat and took off his helmet. He'd no idea how he looked, but his nose hurt, almost to the point of not being able to feel it. In truth, it was nearly gone, broken bits of cartilage plastered across his face. Blood and mucus pooled together and trickled into his mouth and on to the floor. This nasty mixture was smeared across his face. Leth reached up to his face, making sure he was alright. He touched and armored hand to his face, not feeling anything from either point of contact. This was a good enough sign. The horrific throbbing in his head would have to stop too, but he figured it could wait.

He got up and stumbled around a bit, tripping into something. It was big and therefore dangerous, so he swung his mechanical left arm as hard as he could at it. At the moment of impact, there was a loud crack, from the wall he just punched, from his metal hand and from his neck, due to his head following his arm into the wall.

The adrenaline picked up in him again. Shit, what am I doing. Everything's out to get me. They probably all heard that. I have to get the hell out of her, NOW!

He started running, trying his best to correct his gait. He ran faster and faster still, the world becoming a now-familiar black blur. His damaged skull tried to process what was there, but in the dark he couldn't tell. Night vision would have helped, but Leth left his helmet back where he sat. Then again, it wouldn't of helped anyway, as he had nearly broken it in two when he ran into the pipe. Leth heard things, he didn't know what they were, but they couldn't be good. All following him, he wasn't getting out of this one, at least not while everything else is still alive.

Still running, he came to a slightly less dark place. He moved closer and saw it was a room, one with lights on, and possibly even a computer. One of those bastards is trying to track me with a computer. I bet he's having a hard time, considering the fact that I smashed it. Well I'll show him who the real hunter is.

The maddened man ran toward the room, but in his haste, his brain didn't notice the glass.

The sound of a loud crash filled the air, accompanied by shards of glass flying across the room, and into Leth. He collapsed yet again in a pile of blood, Talstorin looking on in bewilderment.

-----------------------
Private First Class D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/PFC D'har/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/Nar Shaddaa

{THE POPE}  {EmoSlayer}
[This message has been edited by D'har Leth (edited January 12, 2007 10:46:32 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  166
January 14, 2007 5:34:17 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Hell, lucky i was keeping on my guard or that guy would of blew my head off

Kanderin removed his pistol from the holster on his waist, then spun around from his crouched position to face down the hallway. The attacker had disappeared. He quickly panciked and spun all around him, dreading the man had found some way to creep up on him. No one was around, the only sound was the pant of his breath.

All he could remember was walking down the corridor, when blaster shots began pounding into the wall in front of him. He ran to the corner, and peeked down it, and just saw a glimpse of a man holding two pistols, before he opened fire. He'd only just managed to pull his head away, before a shot burned through the wall it was just resting on.

The panic Kanderin had felt quickly turned into anger, how dare someone attack him unprovoked like that? Before even stopping to think, he grabbed his blaster rifle and sprinted down the hallway, in the direction he beleived the man had ran. He quickly started to rememebr these corridors, they were the first ones Wraith had walked down on arriving in this cursed place. They were leading to the Wraith's ship..

He quickly upped his pace, whoever this man was, he couldn't let him reach the ship. He reached the door leading into the hanger, and pressed the buttons on the panel to open it. No response. At that he turned fully and kicked the door to the security office in, entered and began scouring through the various buttons on a console until he found the one he wanted. The recording of the hanger.

The ship had gone, the hanger was completely empty. But wait, it wasn't completely gone. The camera showed a faint part of space through the corner of the monitor, and visibile in it was the ship.

Kanderin again entered a stage of panic, for a moment he felt like he was going to collapse. The panel in front of him seemed to be rotating, and the door getting ever further away... He collapsed and held his head in his hands, trying to regain control. His comlink! He has a direct connection with the ship through his comlink! He quickly ripped it out of his pocket, and found the button to connect him to the ship. It wasn't easy mind, with it swirling and fading in his hand. A beep confirmed he had connected to the ship, whoever it was on the ship had an interest in whatever was to be said.

"This is Kanderin Draken, Private First Class of Wraith Squad. Identify yourself immediately" He shouted into the comnet, and then paused, waiting for a reply.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2896
January 15, 2007 7:52:03 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
The little blue light on the console was blinking, an incoming message. The now almost feral Snipes slammed both hands on the controls in front of him. There was a short beep, then a voice. The words and voice Snipes understood, but he didn't trust either. They were lying to him. He knew it. The beast had taken Draken. Snipes knew it. His squad mate wasn't his squad mate anymore.

"SORRY! " Snipes yelled, throwing saliva all over the windshield. He slammed down on the control panel, part of him knew there was only so much more of that abuse it could take, the rest of him didn't know anything, or think, or care. He hit the button to release the missile. It beeped at him. He yelled again and ran from the cockpit.

The missile wasn't firing. There was a problem. The part of him that could think needed to fix it, the other part wanted to stay alive. He was running as fast as he could to the missile tube. And then he heard it behind him, something fell, hard. It wasn't one of the almost ethereal scratches and growls he'd heard before, this was real. He spun on his heal, pulling both his pistols out of their holsters, unhindered by the coat he'd left in the cockpit. He tried to bring them to bear on the shape now in front of him, but his eyes refused to focus, instead he fired wildly. The grey and green for wasn't scared of the fire though and charged Snipes. The blasters vibrated in his hands, letting him know he was out of ammo; he dropped them right as the thing dove at him.

He dodged the dive, barely, and for a few brief seconds the Twi'lek form came into focus. But then it rolled against the other wall and turned on Snipes, once again a blur. Snipes pulled the shotgun from its holster, but by that time the twi'lek was almost on him again. He tried to focus, but was unable to, then it stood toe-to-toe with him, the attacker swung something at Snipes and he blocked with his gun and threw his shoulder into it's chest, and once again it came into focus.

Not that it needed to now, Snipes could tell, now that his shoulder was slamming into its sternum, that it was female; his eyes however did tell him the uniform seemed to be imperial, of course neither of those facts stopped the force of Snipes lunge from throwing them into a nearby bulkhead. They rolled apart and Snipes went for another gun, he was too slow though, she recovered and lunged at him, once she came into focus Snipes could see a blade in her right hand, but by that time it was too late for him to do more than try to twist out of the blades path.

He almost succeeded, but the knife bit into the skin on his hip and slid beneath it, between the bone and skin on his right side. Snipes didn't feel it though, and he took the chance to grab her wrist, and swing at her head with his other hand, she was too quick for him though; somehow she managed to twist out of his grip, so once again he threw himself at her before she had a chance to get out of his focus. He grabbed her around torso with both arms and squeezed as they rolled into the next room. She was clawing and biting and kicking now. Snipes knew he wouldn't be able to hold on much longer. But he recognized the hall, and he saw the hatch that they had added so long ago in the middle of the floor. He smiled only to have her teeth clamp onto his nose. He gave a great yell released her finally, then pushed himself off the ground with the power from his legs and grabbed one of her lekku. The Gunnery Sergeant planted his feet and then, as she was struggling off the ground, pulled with as much of his upper body strength as he had access to and slid her down the hall, only about two meters into the hatch.

He ran over and smiled seeing she had caught the sides of the hole. Then he gave a kick square in the forehead, watching her fall the few feet into the room below. He smiled again, and laughed. Before leaving the room he pulled the hatch down and secured it tightly.

Arnauts Hole. That's what the hatch said. Snipes tried to remember who Arnaut was. But as he was trying to remember things he remembered the missile still in the tube, Snipes didn't even know if it was armed or not. Once again he set off at a run, ignoring the knife in his side and the bruises, scratches and bite marks covering his body, not consciously ignoring them, he simply didn't realize any of them were there, he couldn't even feel the hull beneath his feet. He wondered if that was bad. He wondered all the way to the missile tube.

It didn't take him long to find the problem. In his frenzy to get it ready he hadn't secured the loading hatch properly, a fail safe kept it from firing. Snipes, beginning to get in another mad rush, sealed it, this time properly.

He then ran again, with stamina he didn't realize he had, back to the cockpit where he once again hit the button to fire his single concussion missile. This time there were no problems. The missile flew straight out of his tube towards the asteroid.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Yoder
ComNet Member

Yoder

Post Number:  422
Total Posts:  486
January 15, 2007 11:39:04 AM    View the profile of Yoder 
  Yoder was running down the hall checking his guns and armor constantly I know their here, I know their here. Must burn must burn must burn. Then Yoder saw something move he shot at it untill he ran past it, Burn burn burn burn BURNNNNNNNNN. then everything seemed to move, Yoder shot at everything . Gotta head to the hanger, gotta head to the hanger. Can hide in armory, can hide in armory on ship.

Yoder completly lost in shooting everything and reloading his guns, that he didn't notice that he slammed into a creature that actually was there, when Yoder did slam into it he fired in a frenzy, blood splurting everywhere. Mostly on top of him, Yoder kept running and then suddenly he ran out of ammo. Holstering his guns he brandished his knives, and kept running ignoring the sounds.

*******************Two Hours later**********************

Yoder reached near the airlock it was closing behind someone, or something. Yoder hid in a dark shadowy corner of the room. Must hide must hide must hide. Must wait must wait must wait to rip out their throat and stab and burn and stab and burn. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAA.

Yoder crouched their knives ready to backhand slash the somethings throat out. Must KILL AND BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Yoder sat there crouching and waiting, untill something passed by him.

-----------------------
trp/pfc
-=Wraith Squad=-
Yoder/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/LoR
Master Swordsmen (RL)
Flatter me, and I won't believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I won't forget you.
-Me
[This message has been edited by Yoder (edited January 15, 2007 11:40:15 AM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

Post Number:  300
January 15, 2007 11:58:38 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Talstorin blinked a couple times, staring at the bloody mess that laid in front of him.  Finally, he crouched next to the body and poked it's armor.  "L- ?"  The name of the man was at the tip of his tongue but all of a sudden it was forgotten.  Something felt weird in him, perhaps it was the atmosphere but it seemed that everyone was acting all weird.  Talstorin paused and thought to himself.  Why had he not been that affected?  Or was he and it was just his mind telling him that he wasn't?  Either way, it wasn't the time or place to think about it.  "Yo, get up."  Talstorin helped the bloody man up.  The trooper looked at Talstorin in a strange way, half wanting to bite him.  "Some one's left with our ship, we've got to go."  With that, Talstorin began walking away, assuming the man would follow him.  Instead, the man stood there.  Finally, Talstorin realized no one was behind him and spun around.  "Aren't you coming?"  The man gave him an angry look.

Moments later, the trooper had a knife to Talstorin neck, kneeling on Talstorin's chest.  "I know what you're planning.  You won't take me!"  The trooper growled as he spoke, almost beastlike.  Talstorin spoke in between breaths.

"What are you talking about?  Com'on!  We're going to be stuck in this place forever."  The trooper brought the knife closer as Talstorin said it.  Quickly, Talstorin kicked the trooper off, flipping back to stand up.  He ran for it quickly, not seeking a fight with his squadmate.  Leth stood up, watching as Talstorin left.  He picked up his knife and walked away in the opposite direction.
_______

Eyes laid on the Gunnery Seargant.  They were a bright yellow, reptile like.  What was once the man that led the Wraiths into fight amongst themselves was now a monster.  It resembled a 6 legged Kaleesh, 3 long skinny and bony arms protruding from the sides.  It flicked it's snake like tongue and whispered hungrily.  It had hoped to reach the ship and leave finally but the Wraith had got to it first.  Now, it was just a matter of killing him.  But not now, it was too soon.  After the Twi'lek was done with the man, would he strike.  Quietly. It crawled away, hiding.  Slowly, it slinked towards the control panels.

________

Talstorin ran, taking deep breaths.  He was almost there.  He reached the hanger, it was empty.  The trooper cursed, he was too late.  Talstorin sat down to rest his aching legs.  Shutting his eyes, he mumbled, not noticing Yoder behind him, blaster in hand.

(Yech, its short, but I'm stumped. There's nothing to write about.)
-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
[This message has been edited by Tnepres (edited January 15, 2007 11:59:25 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  169
January 17, 2007 10:10:56 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
(its going to be the same for me, you've made it really hard to keep the story flowing snipes )

No response. Fantastic. No wonder i succeeded that drunk of a captain.

He'd lost track of how long he had been sat in this tiny office, just repeating the same message over and over into his comlink. Actually, why was he still bothering? Its obvious hes never going to answer. Kanderin threw his comlink to the ground in frustration,  a large chunk of it broke off as it hit the ground. Kanderin stared at it for a second, sat sparking and fizzing underneath a workstation. Kind of resembled his state at the moment, that new boy Tnepres completely stole the thunder of his return to the army, no one even acknowledged his existence when they were in his presence.

Bet he'll get a promotion before me as well

Kanderin shook his head furiously. There were those voices again, trying to change what he was thinking. Then again maybe the voice
is right......No, stop, cant think like that. Even if i do feel like im being kept in the dark lately, hiding in the corner of a security office wont help anything.

Kanderin pushed himself up out of the corner of the office, and back over to the main control panel. Surely this place must have a tannoy (OOC:Quite possibly spelt wrong), or something like that. His hands hovered over the panel, reading the labels one by one, looking for something that indicates a speakerphone, someway of contacting the rest of the squad. He looked down the side of the control panel, where even more buttons flashed silently. He crouched down and started scanning the new labels. His new stance meant he could no longer see out of the window, nor could he see the shadowy figure clutching a knife walking down past the office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget it, its pointless He collapsed in a defeated heap on the ground again. There were far too many buttons around the room to find the one he wanted. He just had to face it, the whole squad was going to die here.

That was when he heard it, the scuff of a boot outside the office, someone was outside. He slowly rose up from his slumped position, so the top of his eyes could glance out of the window. Yoder stood outside, a blaster raised at an unaware Tal. He went to shout out to him, but again the voices switched on inside his head.

Why say anything? THis is your chance to get rid of Talstorion, get your limelight back. Stay hidden, let Yoder kill Talstorion, you get what you want and you did'nt have to move a muscle

The voice has a point. But no, Kanderin shook his head again, he cant let the voices take over again. He spun around on the balls of his feet and kciked the security door open. Yoder spun on the spot and fired wildly at Kanderin. Kanderin ducked udner the first shot and lunged at Yoder. A blaster bolt slashed the skin on his right shoulder, but the adrenaline rushing through his veins made it pass unoticed.

Just like in training

Kanderin leant forward and put a hand on the ground. He then half-carthwhelled forward and clamped his legs around Yoders neck. And with one final movement he completed the cartwheel, sending himself and yoder sprawling to the ground. Kanderin held the pincergrip on Yoders neck, and slapped the blaster out of his palm. The blaster came to a stop at the feet of a rather confused Talstorin.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2899
January 18, 2007 12:46:30 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes stood, fists on the control panel, his grin widening as the missile drew closer to the asteroid. He could see it in his mind, the missile connecting, right below one of the great spires. The explosions would send the spires into space, away from the asteroid, and hopefully it would hits something else explosive and cause a chain reaction, splitting the asteroid in two. Then they wouldn't be able to kill him, or hurt him. He'd be fine, and he could tell his superiors in the VE anything he liked, or he could never return, didn't matter to him, nothing mattered to him. He grinned at the thoughts of flying the stars again, picking up a crew where ever. All those hopes rode with the missile. He watched it grow closer and closer and then . . . it changed direction.

Snipes stood for a second, jaw dropped, and then fury set in and he slammed his fists into the control panel again, this time though was different. The panel gave way and Snipes fists continued into the circuitry. The electricity ran into his fists and up his arms, burning the back of his fingers, hands and the top of his arms. Snipes cried out in pain and fell backwards. The last thing he saw before blacking out was a flash and then golden eyes far above.

--------

Tnepres, confused as he was, was again distracted by the computer terminal. He leapt to it, somehow knowing that was more urgent. The ship was returning to the asteroid, heading to an exterior docking station, avoiding entering the hanger bay. Tnepres smiled himself, now there was a chance of escape. He wanted to tell the others, but they were going to kill him. He knew that, he knew the only thing he could do was kill them first.

--------

Arnaut moved through the corridors, trying to find another member of the squad, or a way out, or at least a light switch. It had been night in the complex for some time and Arnaut didn't favor his chances in the dark, even with his night vision there was a good chance of him missing something.

Of course none of the rooms gave him any hint as to weather he was going the right direction; sometimes he'd find a partially together lab. These irritated him. So he destroyed the rest of them. No reason anything should be complete when his squad was so scattered. In his mad rush he found a staircase. Archaic as stairs were they never stopped working when the power was out. These stairs went up, in a circular design, seemingly around the wall of a tower.

Arnaut sat on the floor for a minute, legs crossed, and thought about it. Going up to the top seemed to fit the ego of more than one of his troopers, yet it looked like it was a very long way to the top and he didn't trust the turbo lift, if anyone was at the top they'd be waiting for him, right when the turbo lift doors would open they would start firing, he wouldn't even get a chance to lift his gun.

He was going to have to take the stairs. Summoning his courage, he took off at a run, determined to make it to the top as quickly as possible.

--------

Draken was finding Leth to be a more formidable foe than he had expected. Even with his armor saving him from the troopers feral attacks the pure force and ferocity of him kept Draken moving on the defensive. Neither trooper had seen what happened to Tnepres, but neither was paying attention. Draken tried to move toward the gun, but every time Leth's attacks increased in ferocity, driving Draken away again.

--------

Arnaut came to the top of the stairs, rifle at the ready. But what he was greeted with wasn't any member of his squad. The man looked like he'd been imperial at one time, although his uniform was covered in gore and his body was twisted and spoiled, it looked as though he'd broken bones many times and none had healed right, puss and body fluids leaked off him onto the floor. His face he'd covered with a cloth, the eye holes though showed a small glimpse of the grotesque body beneath. Arnaut almost vomited. The thing that had once been a man laughed, maniacally, and then he pulled two levers.

The asteroid seemed to stand still for a second, then suddenly the stars became blurs and then the blue glow of hyperspace enveloped the tower.

The one-time-man laughed for a few minutes, as Arnaut tried to figure out what to do. And then the laugh choked and the Wraiths SL could hear something being thrown up. Finally there was silence as the monstrosity crashed to the ground, no longer breathing, no longer moving. Arnaut fired a volley of shots into it and then ran, in a panic, the room had been too much for him, the limbs and organs and blood and the . . . thing. No, Arnaut didn't even care where they were going, he just ran, trying to escape it.

--------

Tnepres attention was drawn again by the computer, he looked to it, and once he realized what it was he gasped in horror. They were in hyperspace now, and coordinates, the coordinates Tnepres knew, they were well within Thrawns space. He leaned back against the wall and slid down to a sitting position and for not the first time he thought.

We're all going to die here.

--------

Snipes eyes opened, slowly. He was staring up into darkness, he heard something move to the side and tried to spin to meet it, but he felt a hand on his shoulder, gentle and reassuring.

"Ssh, don't worry, you're in good hands."

Snipes sighed. "Where am I?"

"Heh, I don't actually know, I could ask you the same question."

"What?" Snipes then realized where he was, he was in Arnauts Hole. "Wait! Get away from me!"

"Oh I'm not going to try to kill you, you're wounded too bad to be a threat anyway. Speaking of wounds, I did what I could for you; I was a medic on the second ship."

"You're not crazy, like everyone else?"

Snipes barely made out her shrugging, "Cyberneticaly enhanced immune system, probably what it was. You don't seem too bad off either, either the antibiotics I gave you did something or that electric shock did something. I'm not a doctor; I don't even know the nature of this thing. I've been hiding out, just trying to stay alive ever since the crew went crazy."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited January 18, 2007 5:40:49 AM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  295
January 21, 2007 6:14:30 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Shudder. Arnaut stumbled, just barely catching himself from falling. What...? He stopped himself. No time to think, no time to care. Just have to...have to...have to do something, and it involves running. He shook himself visibly and continued on. Shudder. Arnaut slowly pushed himself off the floor, not even realizing he had fell. Fel-- No, thinking was too slow, had to run. Blood trickled out of his nose as he stood, but he didn't notice. He rarely did as of late.

The second time he pulled himself off the ground, even with the state of disarray his mind was in, he could discern something was happening. Something wrong. Hurriedly, and blindly, he fled down the halls. Must find out...what is wrong. His half-confused mind still couldn't think up complex. Suddenly it hit him, and for a second all he could do was fall to his knees and stare straight ahead. They had gone into hyperspace. Hyperspace! The entire asteroid!

Slowly, uncertainly, he stood up and looked for a window. And when he found one, it wasn't what he wanted to see. Outside, the blue swirling chaos of hyperspace flashed by, making Arnaut's head hurt even more than it already did.

Slowly he turned away and vomited his ration packs all over the decking. His stomach now rumbling, his head aching, and his thoughts in a jumble, he set out again. But this time with a new purpose. Where are we going?

"Admiral Garnus, sir!" The officer threw a crisp salute at the man approaching onto the bridge of the Obliterator. Approximately in his twenties, he was clean shaven, with a pressed coat, the seemingly perfect Imperial officer. Garnus didn't even look at him. He had caught a glimpse of him walking into the room and already hated the man.

"What do you have for me, soldier?" Garnus replied. The officer appeared flustered by Garnus' bluntness and complete lack of officer-to-officer manners, but responded as was fit to respond to a superior. Thankfully.

"Well, it seems we have a problem, sir. In fact, a very, very large problem, sitting just outside the system. Well, maybe you should just see for yourself." Garnus nodded and followed the officer over to one of the consoles.

A hologram appeared of a large...thing. An asteroid... Garnus thought to himself. And it had buildings on it.

"This came from a scout who was dispatched to check it out not four hours ago. It only hyperspaced in about seven hours ago. Apparently the...asteroid...has a communications jam surrounding it, and our scout returned soon after losing contact with our ship. He took these holopics first. Apparently it's some sort of installation housed by this immensely large asteroid. We have reason to believe the asteroid may be artificially made as well, to try and deceive any careless onlookers. Though how anyone could think to be able to hide something of that size, I have no clue. It appears to be abandoned because our scouts came close to the installation without notice. The comm jam may be just backup computers working.

"We have two troop transports on standby and ready to depart at the drop of the pin to board the installation. They're our best multi-environment troopers. Whatever is in their, by Thrawn, we'll be able to take it down." Garnus frowned at the mention of Thrawn.  So many younger troopers had taken to thinking he was the new Emperor. Garnus' mouth twisted in scorn. He didn't exactly hate the guy, but that didn't mean he had to like him.

"Get those troopers off. I expect them back within the week, though, with detailed reports on what they've found. I don't expect there to be much resistance on a thing like...that," he said, motioning toward the holopic, "so they'd better get in and get out."

The officer threw another salute. "You can count on me, sir!"

"I bet," Garnus retorted dryly before turning away.

Arnaut gathered his wits about him before looking back toward the nav computer at their current location. It can't be... For the nineteenth time he scanned the vast arrays of computers in front of him for any possible hint at how to engage hyperspace, but nothing jumped out at him. Blank switches and blank nobs. Every word was faded and gone.

Muttering to himself he stumbled across the clear plastishield in front of him, viewing out into the expanse of space. Thrawn space. What kind of cruel luck could have conspired against the squad to bring them, of all places, here? Actually, it's not that bad. Maybe none of Thrawn's soldiers have noticed us hyperspacing into the middle of their territory yet. We can still get out. Which brought him back to his first problem. The blasted computers were indecipherable. And the squad was still missing amidst the great halls of the asteroid. Faintly, two pinpricks twinkled faintly before winking out, and about the same time a voice on the onboard computer started talking.

"Two ships jumped from hyperspace. Troop transports, affiliation: unknown. ETA twenty minutes."

Arnaut looked over at the computer screen, showing two blips on a map of the surrounding space approaching the asteroid. So much for going unnoticed. Now he really needed to find the rest of the squad. Gathering himself, he snatched his rifle from the ground and ran out of the control deck with a renewed vigour.

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 21, 2007 6:17:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 21, 2007 6:57:12 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 22, 2007 6:29:57 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 22, 2007 6:30:31 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  175
January 22, 2007 10:29:49 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin groaned and stroked the back of his head, before finally opening his eyes and looking up. Somehow he had ended up on the ground, along with a huge lump on the back of his head. Last thing he could remember was scuffling with Leth around the security area, now suddenly he's sat on the ground in a corner, and all is calm. Looking to his side, he discovered Leth was in the same state he appeared to be, but at least he was still unconscious.

Something was different. Kanderin was unable to pinpoint exactly what it was, but he knew something had changed. He checked the room again, he was definitely in the same room, the patches of blood on the ground from his blaster wound was evidence enough. Almost the moment his mind came to rest on his injury, a searing pain erupted through his arm. As if someone had just stuck a boiling red poker into it. His good arm instinctively lifted itself to help the injured spouse, but soon came across something that was different. Someone had bandaged his arm.

By the sounds of it, that 'someone' was still around, the sound of keypad presses quietly creeping down the hallway to his left. Nestling his bad arm to his stomach, Kanderin used the good arm to slowly push himself to his feet. It took an age, but he eventually got into a standing position, although his knees were a little shaky. Using the wall as a guide, Kanderin slowly inched himself down the hallway, over the slumped body of Leth and towards the hidden helper.

"Oh Tnepres, its you" Kanderin leaned against the wall and sighed, overwhelmingly glad to of come across a friendly face.

"Your awake then" Tnepres spread a smile across his face, but his eyes stayed focused on the panel in front of him.

"Why does..."

"Your head hurt?" Tnepres cut him off early, the smile on his face widening into a grin. "About half an hour ago we somehow went into hyperspace, and being this close to an open hanger made everything incredibly bouncy. One of the girders holding the roof up collapsed, and managed to knock both you and Leth out cold"

"Hyperspace? How can... a science facility enter hyperspace?" The giddiness in Kanderins knees had all since disappeared, either that or the new occurrences had made him forget all about it.

"Your guess is as good as mine, but thats not the worst of it. Of all the places in the galaxy we could have stopped, we've ended up in Thrawn space"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

FTC/LC Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  313
January 22, 2007 2:34:45 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Kanderin made a funny face.  "Great& How can things get any worse?"  Talstorin shrugged and sat down on the floor.  He thought for a moment, a question coming up that he meant to ask for a long time.

"Say, have you noticed everyone's acting more- um  violent?"  Talstorin turned towards Kanderin but before he could answer, Talstorin felt a bit dizzy.  "Nevermind, it's probably just me.  Stupid question."  Kanderin looked at the trooper, confused.  He had asked the same thing before to himself.  Talstorin shook his head, the inside of his helmet felt a bit steamy.  The private first class took off his helmet for a brief second and as he did he noticed things smelled weirder.  "This air is so stuffy and foul smelling suddenly."

"Oh, yea, I got used to it already.  Didn't you smell it when we first came?"  Kanderin asked.  The new recruit was a little slow in the senses perhaps.  Talstorin shook his head. 

"Didn't notice until now.  Maybe it's the helmet."  Talstorin checked his helmet and examined it.  Suddenly, he chuckled, Kanderin tilting his head as he heard Talstorin.  "I left the air filter on.  Good thing I just noticed, the energy in this helmet would've ran out.  In case another blackout happened, I wouldn't have enough juice to use the light."  Kanderin smiled at the trooper's mistake.  Talstorin turned the filter off, putting the helmet back on.  A noise was suddenly heard.  The two troopers looked around, startled but nothing came after.  At last relaxing their guards, the two went back to conversation. 

In the back of Talstorin's head came a voice suddenly.  "Kill.  Kill.  Kill."  It was a bit soft for Talstorin to notice too much, though it got louder slowly.  "Kiiiill&"

_______

Leth's body shuffled around a bit, coming slowly back to conciousness.  His head rolled a bit on the control panel for the computer.  While the other two were busy in their talking, the computer ran on Leth's instructions, opening random files.  Windows from maps to experiment data opened.  Finally, a large window popped up. 

"Experiment Data A17.3 opened."  The computer spoke in a loud voice, interrupting Draken and Talstorin.  Both looked back at the computer.  "Accessing archives.  Access Granted.  Loading, Please Wait.  File Found.  Opening Folder."  The troopers looked at each other in confusion before scurrying closer to the computer.

"A17.3 Status: Incomplete- Near Completion
    Strength- Extremely Contagious
    Completion Date- Unspecified.
Forms of Infection- Air particles, breathing.  Harbors within the victem's respitary system, before traveling to the heart through vessels leading to the lungs.  There it is pumped to the brain where it starts it's active life cycle.
Effects: Subject undergoes traumatic exaggerations of stressful past events.  This quickly leads to a heightened feeling of anger.  If subject survives longer, it may start experiencing head pains and the loss of control with emotions."

The two troopers looked at each other again.  Finally, Draken spoke.  "Boy,
sounds dangerous.  I wonder where they keep this in containment."  Talstorin shrugged. 

"Who knows?  I'm just happy we're not infected by it."  Draken nodded.

((next one will be long ><.  Promise.))
-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
[This message has been edited by Tnepres (edited January 22, 2007 2:35:44 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  180
January 23, 2007 11:01:42 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Think we should wake Leth up?" Kanderin finally broke the long silence that had commenced upon the reading of the datapad. Tnepres looked up from the corner of the room, obviously deep in thought. It was a few seconds before the vacant look on his face turned into a smile.

"It Depends. Are you going to attack him again?"

Kanderin returned Tnepres's smile.
"Fair enough, next time i'll just leave him to blow your brains all over the wall shall I?"

Both troopers laughed loudly and for a great deal longer than was really nessecery. They carried on laughing long after Kanderin's remark stopped being funny, simply because it clouded the severity of their current situation. While laughing they were back at the academy messing about, not sat alone on an asteroid in hostile territory, just waiting for someone or something to appear.

Kanderin stopped laughing soon enough though. As if someone switched a lightswitch inside his head, he collapsed to his knees and started coughing heavily. But it wasn't air he was coughing up, it was blood. Tnepres immediately jumped up and ran over to help his comrade. Not that it was helpful, all he could do when he arrived was ask Kanderin if he was ok.

The coughing did eventually subside, but not before a rather large pool of blood had found itself on the ground beneath him. Kanderin looked up to Tnepres, who was standing over him, a look of worry on his face.

Kanderin managed to strech a smile across his face.
"Dont worry, im..."

Ever so slowly, Tnepres was getting smaller and smaller, not to mention further away. Then he started to turn red and vibrate. Finally he disappeared completely, as Kanderin collapsed to the ground unconscious.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

FTC/LC Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  318
January 24, 2007 3:08:38 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
"Kanderin!"  Talstorin shook the trooper viciously.  No answer, not even a twitch.  He sighed, grabbing Draken by the arms and dragged him towards the computer.  Planning to put him next to leth, he arrived to find Leth gone.  Cocking his head up quickly, he looked around.  "What the hel-"  He was cut off by another shrill scream.  "gah..."  Paranoid now, the trooper looked around rapidly.  Whatever it was, it was drawing close.  Deep breathing sounds echoed the halls, followed by the occasional footsteps.  Suddenly, something caught Talstorin's eyes.  Blood.  Blood smeared on the walls, some drops dripping down slowly.  It must have been fresh.

"YAAAAALLLLMIC."  It echoed the halls and bit into his bones like cold wind.  "YALMIC!"  A chuckle followed, a strange red mist entered.  Truely frightened, Talstorin scurried backwards.  What was happening?  "YALMIC!" 

A groan.

"YALMIC!"

A thud.

The walls suddenly started warping.  They twisted and turned, forming planar maelstroms.  "YALMIC!"  It was still echoing though the voice had begun to soften and eventually started to slur more and more.  He blinked and suddenly found himself in a house.

"Tnepresy! Time for breakfast!"  Talstorin blinked. 

"Huh?"

"BREAKFAST, you lazy bum!"  Talstorin shook his head, surprised.  He found himself in front Arnaut, who wore a maid outfit and a wig.  "Eat!"  Talstorin shook his head and ran.  He was stopped quickly, however, by a sharp pain in his head.  Quickly, he collapsed.

"See, now?  They're all against you.  The world.  The world.  It's just you and world. But no matter.  You are chosen, you can take it.  You'll take on them all, right?  You'll never back down."

Talstorin nodded, eyes still closed. 

"Kill them all.  The squad.  The empire.  The enemy.  The girl."

Talstorin opened his eyes.  "Yes, yes.  The squad, the empire, the enemy."  They must all die for what theyve done to me.

"And the girl."

"Yes, the squad, the empire and the enemy."

"The girl also."

"Yes, the squad, the empire and the enemy also."

"THE GIRL TOO!"

It went on like that for what seemed like several hours.  Talstorin was going crazy, inside his chambers.  It was an interrogation.  Warped walls.  The headless man.  But he knew, the squad was to be killed.

"And the girl."

"What?"

"the g-i-r-l!"

"The what?"

"I said, wake up!"

"Huh?"  Talstorin felt a hand on his shoulder.  He looked up.  Leth sighed. 

"Done ranting?"  Talstorin nodded.  He got off his knees.  Leth checked Kanderin.  "We've found Yoder in the same state.  There something wrong about this place.  It does things to you."

Talstorin nodded.  Leth shook his head.  "We might not make it out alive.  The whole squad."

"Yes. . . The whole squad may not live," said Talstorin to himself.

"And the girl," the voice chimed in.

((It isn't a wierd post.  Make some sense out of it if it gets confusing.))

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Initiate

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  194
January 25, 2007 12:08:33 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
(OOC: Arnaut, in a maid costume. Damn is that funny to picture )

A coughing sound made Leth and Tnepres turn from the corner they were crouched in. Kanderin was coughing, although he sitll appeared to be out cold. Yoder jumped up and hurried over to Kanderin, beleiving it was a signal he was temporairly out of his coma like state. Maybe he would be easier to reach now.

"Kanderin" Leth rocked him gently." Kanderin"

The response came sooner than expected.

"Im not getting up this early. Renuid is in charge until i get up"

The response visually dazed Leth.
"Kanderin?"

"This better be important soldier"

Kanderin rose up into a sitting position, and slowly turned to face Leth. The look on Kanderins face wasn't normal, his normal cheerful and jokey appearance had all but disappeared, leaving in its place a stern, no nonsense stare. He was'nt as much looking at Leth, as looking him.

But just as quick as it appeared to have appeared, it vanished again. His eyes widened and a gasp of confusion covered his face.

"Errr, what the hell was that?" Leth tried to show a friendly smile, but it was difficult to hide the concern.

"What was what?"

"That general crap"

"What general crap?"

"You seriously dont remember?"

"I might if you actually told me what the hell you're talking about"

Leth just smiled.
"Dont matter"

Kanderin looked across and laid eyes on the still out cold Yoder.
"When did he get here?"

"Not long after you collapsed" It had been the first time Tnepres had spoke since Kanderin awoke, but even now he seemed distracted. There was the same bitterness you see in a persons face when your interupting them during an important conversation.

"And anyone else?" Kanderin asked.

Leth shook his head.
"Still no word from Yilllis, Snipes or Arnaut, i just hope there ok"

Yillis

The mention of his name brought back the reality of Kanderins actions, that moment of insanity when he knocked Yilis out, the very reason he might be exiled upon his return.

But no one will know if your the only survivor. The whole incident would be called a horrible accident, and you commended for being the only survivor. Kill them all.

That voice again. Only this time, it was deifnetely louder. So loud Kanderin was amazed Leth couldn't hear it.

Stop thinking about it and just do it. See what knife on Yoders belt? Take it and attack Leth. Tnepres is too preoccupied to react, and Yoder is out cold. You can kill all three with minimum effort, then find and kill the rest. It will be simple, just do it...

"Here, you look pale. Put this on for a bit" Kanderin jumped awake from his daydream and turned to face Leth, who was holding out Arnauts helmet.

"The air should do you good, it smells funny in here"

Kanderin took the helmet in one hand, the other trying to somehow drown out the booming voices in his head. But as Kanderin put on the helmet, the voices seem to quieten down. As he could feel the air hitting his face, the voices got quieter and quieter. Definetely still there, but quieter.

A door slid open down the corridot, immediately making all three conscious squad members jump to their feet and face the intruder. The black figure froze for a second in the doorway.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

FTC/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Arnaut
ComNet Cadet

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  298
January 26, 2007 7:33:40 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Fire. Burning. Death. Arnaut's mind reeled. Fire. Burning. Death. He stumbled, visions swimming madly before his eyes. Eyes? Thoughts bubbled to the surface of consciousness only to be repressed immediately. Some nice. Tatooine. His parents. Some...some, he screamed at the very thought of the thought. Blood. Gore. Death.

Through some odd chance, he glanced down at his hands. They were a dark crimson, dripping splatters on the ground as he walked. What in the... Then he noticed he himself was entirely drenched in blood, head to foot, the oldest parts already starting to harden into a very sickening shell. And bits of white, hard stuff. Hard stuff? No, he corrected himself, bits of stormtrooper armor. Plastoid. Looking around him, he finally saw the carnage, the horror of what he was slowly, dimly, wandering through. Here a stormtrooper helmet, top half blown off by repeated point-blank shots. Here a bloodied stormtrooper torso, stabbed repeatedly, a bloodied mangled mess. Body parts, limbs. Overall, it looked to be about twenty different, torn apart people, when in fact it was only about four.

Slowly, and with the utmost horror, Arnaut stared down at his own smoking rifle, the three emptied ammo clips on the floor, and one of his bloodied combat knives protruding from the nearest corpse. His stomach did flips. He felt nausea coming on, his vision slightly blurred. Slowly he stumbled to the nearest wall and held on just to keep standing up straight.

The memories came flowing back, unwanted and unbidden. Arnaut bursting from the corridor, gun blazing, and the stormtroopers being cut down. Arnaut messily, stabbing the survivors repeatedly until bodies were just tangled wrecks of bloody mush. Arnaut...doing all of this. Arnaut wailed and fled down the corridors.

"Sir!" The scout stood rigid, his rifle slung over his shoulder and by his side, staring at the sergeant through the white stormtrooper helmet.

"A report?" The sergeant asked, and was relieved when the trooper nodded. The feeling passed quickly.

"We...uh...have encountered a slight problem. Well...more than a problem. You see...uh...Vista squad just...uh...how to put this...they were--"

"Just out with it soldier!" The sergeant bellowed, already knowing what the trooper was going to say.

"--found dead. Sir. All of them. T-torn apart. Shreds, sir. They're barely able to be identified."

The sergeant shook his head in disgust. Two days in and they already had lost two and a half squads. This was the first case of an entire squad going...missing. And being torn to shreds. The first two had just been found shot, but this... He was horrified at the thought of what could've done this. This place got creepier the more time they spent in it. He wanted--desperately wanted--to leave, but, for some unknown reason, he just couldn't bring himself to put out the order. He just...couldn't. So they stayed. And more and more men died.

"We stay," The sergeant said, in reply to the scout's unspoken question.

"But sir, command sai--" The scout started.

"I know very well what they said! Now listen to me! I'm saying we stay, and you better well obey!" The scout nodded meekly before saluting and leaving the sergeant behind.

What's wrong with this place? Somewhere in the distance, he thought a faint wail could be heard. Just nerves, just nerves. We're in the hangar, next the ships, no reason to fear. Even so, an involuntary shiver ran down his spine. What is wrong with this place? The silent, foreboding walls on either side of him gave no answers.

(OOC: Well...grim moods give birth to grim posts Anyway, it's up.)

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited January 26, 2007 7:34:55 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Keep Your Head (Wraith)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:17:36 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 142  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >