Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Preparations (Nightstalkers)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Preparations (Nightstalkers)
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Preparations (Nightstalkers)
November 20, 2006 5:42:02 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The speeder bikes flew overhead trying to get a target as the Nighstalkers crawled slowly but methodically through the jungle.  Crawling through the densest part of the forest, they evaded the bikes and the large contingent of republic troops.

Kairo scanned the vicinity and saw the base dead ahead with only one more team of rebel troops between them and safety.  He scanned their lines closely to see a way around.  The rest of the squad rested whilst Tina crawled up beside Kairo, flicking onto the private comm. channel.

"What's the situation sir?" she queried.

Kairo continued to scan for several more minutes before replying.  "We have only one more squad to contend with before we are clear to the base, but they are heavily defended".

"Can we go around?" asked Tina

Looking back at the ranks of the squad ahead Kairo replied "there is a way through their ranks if we are cautious."

"Through them?" asked Tina.

"Yes" replied Kairo  "There is a gap in their ranks where the bush is think, I'm guessing they're thinking that it is too thick to be used by anyone, yet..."

Kairo's unfinished sentence hung in the air, Tina waited for a minute before querying "yet what sir?"

"I don't know, there's something that I can't put my finger on.  I designed this program myself, yet it feels like things are changing, that the program is adapting" replied a troubled Kairo.

"Is that even possible sir?"

"It shouldn't be, but with what's happened of late it wouldn't surprise me.  We have to take the chance, we must end this program and soon.  Assemble the squad" ordered Kairo, "we're moving out"

Tina crawled back to where the rest of the squad was sitting.

What's happening?" queried Alan when he seen the return of Tina.

"We're moving out, let's go people!" ordered Tina as the squad gathered together and started crawling towards the last squad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at a secret location a Lieutenant of the Republic army ran up to Commander Munro, "sir, you were right, the Nightstalker's are heading this way"

"Excellent" replied the Commander, "everything is falling into place"

"How did you know sir?" queried the Lieutenant

"It's strange, it's like knowing what is to happen before it happens" replied the Commander "I know today will see the end of the Nightstalkers"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nightstalkers had arrived at the last squad between them and the base.  The troops were moving back and forth, scanning for enemy soldiers.  Kairo signalled the squad to proceed through the dense brush.  Crawling slowly, they started inching past the enemy.

Kantar was breathing heavily as he crawled slowly behind Alan.  It had been some time since he had last had so much exercise.  Without noticing, a loud snap was heard and Kantar looked down to see a broken twig oh just great he thought.

Alan swallowed hard as he heard the soldiers nearby scanning the area closely, trying to find the source of the disturbance.  Unholstering his weapon, he waited to jump into action when they were found.  Suddenly blaster fire was heard, Alan was just about to jump up and start firing when he noticed that the soldiers were firing at a nearby creature.  That was too close he thought.

Kairo motioned for them to carry on moving as soon as the soldiers had resumed their normal pattern.  It seemed like hours but they finally crawled out from the jungle to see the base before them.

"We made it!" exclaimed Tina.

"Not so fast"

The squad whirled round at the unfamiliar voice.  Standing behind them was Commander Munro and seven of his most competent soldiers.

"Drop your weapons, now" barked the Commander.

Tina looked nervously over at Kairo, she knew that a firefight would result in some fatalities, yet if they surrendered their weapons then there may be fatalities anyway if the Commander decided to execute them.

Kairo gazed at the Commander, a million things whirled through his head.  Why had the safeties not been restored yet, why had the program not ended but more importantly, what was this band of soldiers doing here.  He had designed this program himself, knew every minute detail and he knew that they shouldn't be here.

Everyone's hands twitched on their weapons as Commander Munro shouted again "drop your weapons or I will start shooting you one at a time".

This can't be happening thought Kairo this should be at an end

Commander Munro levelled his weapon at the squad and decided he had waited long enough, time to show them he meant business.  Pointing his weapon at Tina he fired.

Alan's hand hovered over his blaster, his fingers twitching, wanting to start shooting but waiting for orders, he knew he couldn't die but he also wasn't looking forward to the pain that he would get from being shot.  He watched as the Commander raised his weapon up decisively at Tina.  Without even thinking, he launched himself in the air.  Intense pain engulfed his body as he absorbed the blaster bolt on his chest.  His body flew backwards and he landed down hard.

Tina screamed "no!" as she looked at his lifeless body.

Lion wasted no time.  In the commotion, he launched himself at several nearby soldiers, smashing their heads.  Kantar raised his weapon and started shooting at the enemy.  Munro, enraged at the sudden development, brought his weapon to bear on Kantar. 

Not so fast thought Kairo as he brought his weapon to bear on the Commander and fired.  Munro dropped dead, his last thoughts were this can't be happening, I should have won

The remaining soldiers fled as Tina crouched down beside Alan whispering softly "I can't believe he's gone".

Kantar kicked his body lightly "hey you, get up and stop faking it"

Kairo cleared his throat and told the squad the full horror of the situation.  Their jubilant and triumphant faces soon fell as they realised that their first mission had cost them dearly,

Clearing his throat, Kairo said "let's get to the base so we can end this once and for all"

"What about Alan?" queried Tina "we can't just leave him here"

"We will retrieve the body once this is all over" replied Kairo "I will not be responsible for any more deaths"

The Nighstalkers squad moved out and walked slowly and forlornly to the base.  With no more enemy troops, their journey was soon at an end.

Entering the base, the base itself shimmered and was replaced by darkness.

"It's over" said Kairo.

Tina removed her helmet, wiping a tear away "I still can't believe it" she said

"Can't believe what?" said a voice from the darkness.

The squad looked up and watched as a familiar face emerged from the shadows.

"Alan?" said Tina

"You were expecting someone else?" the voice replied.

"Alan!" shouted Tina as she rushed forward and wrapped her arms around him.

Alan winced as she hugged him hard.

"I thought you were dead" Tina said.

"Dead?" replied Alan, "it's only a simulation but it damn well hurts".

A technician approached Kairo as he watched on.  "I'm glad you made it back sir, we managed to get the safeties back online several minutes ago but couldn't shut down the program or get into contact with you.  Is everyone alright?"

Kairo looked at the Nightstalkers squad and replied "yes everyone is fine, thank you". 

-----------------------
TRP/PFC AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited November 20, 2006 5:53:13 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited November 22, 2006 7:55:33 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Marshal

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  1025
Total Posts:  1338
November 22, 2006 8:17:58 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As the squad exited the simulation room, Kairo said, "Take a breather everyone. Those were two rough missions, and I'm sure you'll like a rest. We are going to do the third. Hey hey hey. No complaining. I realize it feels like you've been running for hours, and you have really. I also realize this has been emotionally draining, but when on a battlefield, you don't have the luxury to stop. So, take twenty minutes to recuperate. I don't think you will have time to go anywhere except down the halls, unless you feel like running more." Kairo started to walk over to Alan as he finished talking. "I think there is a small recreation room down the hall. Probably has a food processor and some water. If you are thirsty or hungry, go get something. I expect you all to be back here in twenty minutes."

Kantar and Jayson immediately got up and walked out. Both had sweated through their clothes. As a matter of fact, everyone had. Leon and Monk looked at each other and fell back against the seats they had taken, deciding a few minutes rest would be better first before they went to get something to drink. Christina was next to Alan when Kairo arrived. "You doing alright. You might still have a vague sense of pain and some nausea."

"I'm doing alright. It was nasty when I came out though. Thought I'd died for real a moment there. Knew I hadn't when I almost threw up." Alan joked.

"Think you'll be ready for the next mission?" Kairo asked.

"Of course," Alan said proudly, jumping to his feat. Kairo raised an eyebrow. "Though I think I'll sit here for a little longer," he stated, dropping back into his seat. "It seems my head hasn't fully recovered."

"I'll get him some water Kairo, just get set up the next mission." Christina said calmly, filling her role as squad leader. He knew she probably felt some feeling of responsibility fro what happened. As he walked away, he heard her berating Alan, saying, "No hero stuff from now on. I don't need you protecting me all the time. Could have ruined the whole mission." Kairo gave himself a mental note to always be wary for how far a woman's compassion went.

Striding up to the lead technician, Kairo straightened his features. The technician backed away slightly when he saw Kairo coming, whether from fear or suprise, Kairo didn't care. "You going to tell me how it happened or should I go straight to me being angry?"

The man's eyes widened. Kairo's flairs of anger at technicians were known. Especially from his specialty training while he was at the academy. He wasn't one to feel sorry for mistakes. "We, uh, that is to say, think that. . ." The man visibly gulped. "It's fixed." Was all he could get out.

"See that it doesn't happen again." Kairo said coldly, allowing his eyes to stare and hold the man's gaze for a moment. Take a deep breath, he backed off and said, "Thank you for getting it fixed in time though. That was good work. Prepare the next simulation. I want to be back in there in seventeen minutes. Oh, and I don't want anymore surprises."

"Understood, sir." The man nodded to the rest of the technicians in the room. The control room soon became a whirlwind of activity. Shutting the door behind him, Kairo jerked his head to throw one of sweaty locks away from his eyes. Glancing around, he saw that Leon and Monk had disappeared, while Kantar and Jayson hadn't returned. Lion was just exiting the room, ducking a little to clear the doorway. Leon was talking with Christina and Alan now, who both had bottles of water. Cracking his knuckles, Kairo walked into the simulation room to wait. It was quiet in there and he felt he should leave the squad to recuperate together with out him. Sometimes the best bonding a squad could do was after a mission.

(OOC Alright, I gave you guys some things to jump off with. I'll wait until Sunday or Saturday to post the beginning of your next mission. That gives you guys some time to do some character development. It also gives time for Thanksgiving break. Have fun with this. It gives you a chance to do something besides fight. )

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Kairo
Platoon Commander

PC/SFC Kairo/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC][CoV][IH]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it will always haunt your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited November 22, 2006 8:26:19 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  65
November 27, 2006 8:08:48 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan collapsed back into his seat and grimaced as his chest throbbed painfully.  He knew that in the morning he was going to have a very nasty bruise there.  Tina had brought him back some water which he was very grateful for.  Drinking it down, he listened as she berated him for his reckless action.  He knew that had it been real then he would have died but he also knew that faced with the same situation, real or not, he would not change a thing.

Leon came over to them and asked "how are you feeling?"

Alan winced slightly, replying "well, I feel like hell but I'm good to go for round three"

Both Leon and Tina smiled.

A low rumbling was heard and Tina looked down at Alan who smiled slightly and said "I think I might be a tad hungry, you want to go grab a quick bite to eat?"

"Sure" replied Tina

Alan looked over at Leon and said "you want to join us?"

Leon looked back at him and knew from the way he had said it that he wasn't really invited, besides which he wasn't hungry and three was always considered a crowd.

"No thanks" he replied, "I think I'll find out where Kantar has disappeared to".

Alan and Tina left the simulator room and walked into the recreation room.  They both grabbed a light snack and sat down at a nearby table.

"So, tell me all about yourself?" asked Alan.

Alan listened intently as Tina told him all about her life.  After she had finished, she rested her hands on the table and asked Alan about his life.  As Alan started telling her all about himself, his hand drifted down and rested itself against Tina's hand.  Slightly startled she recoiled her hand.

Alan stammered "I, I'm sorry"

"It's alright" replied Tina, "I'm just not ready to pursue anything right now"

"Of course" replied Alan, "I understand and I am sorry, I hope we can still be friends"

"The best of friends" replied Tina, "I think we should head back"

"Yes, let's see what's in store for us now" said Alan.

Both Alan and Tina left the recreation room and returned to the simulator room.  On the way back, Alan silently cursed himself on his actions.

-----------------------
Christina Deneke
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  54
December 1, 2006 6:25:28 PM    View the profile of Christina Deneke 
Tina's hand slid along the table towards her as Alan's hand touched her's. She did not want to seem rude, but could also safely say that at the moment, she did not return the feelings he obviously had. After a short appology by Alan and a reassurance given by her, they returned to the sim room. It had started to fill, with Kairo, Leon, And Lion already being there.

Kairo waved her over and she nodded, making her way past a few techs to talk to him. "What is it?" She asked, leaning against a nearby wall and crossing her arms across her chest.

"Well, I`d figure I should warn you that this next and final mission will be the most difficult, both physicaly and mentaly. I highly doubt that every Nightstalker will make it to the end of this scenario, but luckily I have been informed that there should be no more problems with the safteys." Kairo explained, moving his left hand as he spoke. Tina nodded as she listened to what he said.

"Well, I suppose thats good to know in advance." She replied, sounding neither happy or disapointed with the news. I expected as much. Easy, harder, hardest. Thats how stuff usually works, isn't it? She thought to herself as she eyed up the room. The whole squad was here now, and it only came to her now that she hardly knew any of them. Leon was definatly the one she knew the longest, but everyone else had only been in the group a short time. This included herself though, and it surprised her even more that she had moved her way up to a Squad Leader position in the short while she had been there.

"Kairo..." She said slowly, turning to look at him again.

"Yes Tina?" He asked, now leaning against the wall himself and shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Well, I`m just wondering...How..How did it happen that I've been moved up so far so fast?" She asked, rubbing her neck with one hand and then  recrossing her arms on her chest. "I mean, I`ve seen hardly any action, and..." She began, but Kairo cut her off.

"Look Tina, its not nessicarily experiance." He said, pointing at her. "That sure helps a helluva lot, but so does leadership and detirmination. You're one of the most detirmaned we've seen in a while, and these guys will do anything you say." Kairo said, pausing for a minute before laughing lightly. "Maybe thats because you're a girl, I dunno. But they listen to you."

Tina couldn't help but laugh at the last comment and nodded. "Maybe that's it. Oh well, thanks Kairo." She said, sticking her hand out for him to shake. He shook it and nodded, then spoke again.

"No problem. Good luck with this next one though, You'll need it. We're going to start soon." Kairo told her and then pushed himself away from the wall. He walked over to the head tech and began speaking to him, so Tina took this as an opportunity to speak to some of the others quickly. Her first person to talk to was Alan.

"Hey Tina, what was that about?" Alan asked as she made her way over. He was having another bottle of water and an energy bar, resting in one of the chairs some people had hauled in from the recreation room.

"Well, he was giving me a bit of a heads up." Tina replied, flopping down into one of the chairs. Luckily for her they were padded, and she felt herself relaxing more then she should have been, considering what was about to go on in a few minutes time.

"Heads up about what?" Alan asked, leaning forard in his chair and taking another bite from the energy bar.

"Well, he says this next one is going to be very hard, and that we might not all make it to the finish. We'll just have to see I guess." Tina replied, and Alan nodded.

"Alright people, everyone ready?" Kairo called, and Tina and Alan stood up, prepairing themselves for the next part of the sim.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
SL/LCP Christina Deneke/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  66
December 3, 2006 7:45:49 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Returning to the simulator room, Alan sat back down on one of the chairs and helped himself to an energy bar and a cool refreshing bottle of water.  He watched Tina talking to Kairo.  Even though she did not return his feelings towards him, he still looked at her fondly, maybe one day he thought.

Tina walked over to him and sat down.  Alan queried what she and Kairo had been talking about.  From her response, Alan got the impression that the next simulation was going to be difficult.  His chest still hurt slightly and he had hoped that the last one wouldn't be that taxing.

Kairo called everyone over telling them to get ready.  The squad started to put on their helmets.  Alan checked his rifle saying "lock and load".

Kairo nodded to the nearest technician and the room started to change.

Kantar moved up alongside Alan and said "here we go again".

With that the Nightstalkers entered their third mission.  This one would push each of them to their very limits and who would survive.

(OOC: Sorry for the shortness of this post but can't really progress the story any further)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited December 3, 2006 7:46:33 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet n00b

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  3440
February 12, 2007 6:03:40 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
What they saw gave them goose bumps. The landscape was a dark colour. It was a dark blue, almost purple. There were creatures the size of houses. Some even reached ten stories in height. Strange music was coming out of a building Lucky assumed to be a club. "What is this place?" Alan questioned. "I don't know, might as well go check it out"." As the landscape became clearer as the cameras zoomed in. 

The music that these people listened to seemed to be a mix of latin, rock and techno. They saw one person come out of the bar and stared in shock. The specimen was 8 and a half feet tall, had a greenish tinge to its skin, black spots on its wrists and neck. It had razor-sharp nails. They were shaped like claws except they had the same thickness as human nails. No one had a proper nem for these beings.

(Sorry for short post ran out of ideas)

-----------------------
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Preparations (Nightstalkers)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:21:01 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 135  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >