Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Behind Enemy Lines(Wraith)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Behind Enemy Lines(Wraith)
Yoder
ComNet Initiate

Yoder

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  486
  RE: Behind Enemy Lines(Wraith)
March 31, 2006 10:13:03 PM    View the profile of Yoder 
  "Alright whoever in this friggen ship alive that knows how and can help or attually fix the ship I think you need to get working.The rest of us lets just put up something defensive and barricade the door,or if you have a better idea this is the best time."Yoder said.There was a pause,no one said anything.

"Alright then lets do it."Snipes said"you heard the man lets do something about the doors."At that moment the creature outside stoped and made a clicking sound....yoder said"It's morse code that thing knows morse code can anyone translate."

Everyone shook there head 'no'.Then everyone started back to work,and suddenly we hear several roars.The creatures apparently knew morse code.and we hurried alittle faster not sure what they would do we then made a small barricaded half-circle of metal facing the door outward and put the e-web there and slick,Yoder,and viruis positioned themselves in the barricade.

The creatures instead of busting the door down they were cutting it in half and push it apart."Open fire."someone said.viruis with the  e-web went of with a roar of its own and Yoder proceded to try and snipe there eyes and windpipe to bits,while slickwas trying with his blood lust to shoot four of them coming down.After the four died two too the e-web and one to Yoder and slick. (in kills)

The room was bloody with guts and blood.Yoder ran out with a bloodlust mixed with battle-rage and pure insane happiness,by running at the last one in the corridor that turned and ran at the e-web and not Yoder thinking it was bigger prey.Yoder slide under and clung to it's underside and proceded to gut it open with his two knives and stuck a grenade in its stomach.Yoder the rolled off the underside and threw himself as it entered the room against the far side wall.

The beast blew-up(the grenade was anti-vehicle)the pieces went out of its body and flew everyehere but not damaging anything.Then with the blood lust mised with battle rage still upon Yoder,Yoder lept ontop of the nowshreaded beast it barely twitching with life in it still.Yoder the proceded to blast it and cut it apart at close range when the battle was over,the bloodlust and battle-rage lifted and he fell over subconscious and used all his will to sheath the blade and holster his two blaster weapons,then he was knocked out before he was unconscious he knew he would wake in thirty minutes from this usual relapse.Then everything went black.

-----------------------
trp/pfc
Wraith squad
Yoder/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
mission kills:0
"I perfer to die by me and not with someones help in killing me,unless its in Glorious and Honorable battle" -me(I do say this)
Slick
ComNet Member

Slick

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  583
Total Posts:  635
April 1, 2006 10:05:36 PM    View the profile of Slick 
Slick looked around, and seeing nothing he grabbed his comlink.  He pressed the send key, and quickly spoke.  "Hey Snipes?"

"Yeah I'm here."

"What's the status on getting the ship flying again?"

"Not good.  They've taken out both the hyper-drive, and the sublight drive.  Arnaut and Draken are working on it now.  We haven't seen any of those things in a while... that your doing?"

"Aye.  We just cleared several of them, and I think only twelve or thirteen are.... OH HELL!" Slick yelled into the comlink as he was knocked backwards.

One of the beasts had leapt the barricade, and slammed into the squad leader.  Launched back several feet he landed on one knee, and grimaced as pain shot up his leg.  Virius, and Yoder began to fire on the thing, but that only seemed to make it angry.  Glancing behind them, Slick noticed that two more were rushing down the corridor towards them.  His eyes widened in shock, and he tossed a piece of debris at the lone beast.

"Over here you ugly piece of---- WHOA!"  Slick rolled out of the way as the beast pounced beside him.

As he stood, and began to run he yelled back to his troopers.  "FALL BACK!  GET TO THE BALCONY ABOVE!"

With that he took off, and took a corridor leading away from the maintenance bay.  He could feel his pistol vibrating in his hand, and knew that it was nearly depleted.  He had a spare power-pack, but no time to get to it.  The creature was slowly gaining on him, and he could feel his endurance slowly dwindling.  Spotting a maintenance shaft he quickly dived in.  In two seconds time the beast slammed against the wall.  It was to large to fit in the shaft.  Slick popped out his nearly depleted power-pack, and slammed his last one home.

"Not that smart are you."  He yelled at the creature, and began crawling down the shaft.

-----------------------
Sergeant Slick
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Slick/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR][CoR][CoH]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet n00b

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  1849
April 4, 2006 4:28:35 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Slick kept crawling for what seemed like hours, but eventually stopped at a grate. He looked through it. He was just over the hallway outside the bridge.
"It will have to do" He shrugged. He spun round so his feet faced the grate, and kicked it right off its hinges. He then dropped through, unholstering his pistol as he fell, hit the floor into a commando like roll and stopped in the corner, scanning for creatures. All clear. He stood up and shook himself down, also kind of pleased with what he just did. He walked over to the bridge door, and put his fingertips in a hole on the right side of the door. He then tried to pull it open, and fell straight onto his face, when the door miraculously flew open. He groaned and looked up.

There was Draken, leaning against the panel, pointing a gun at the intruder.
"Oh slick, its only you" He cried, almost hysterically.
"Draken, what the hell are you doing here? Your supposed to be down with snipes and the rest!"
" I was working on the communications, and guess what?
He leaned over into a microphone.
"I GOT THEM WORKING" He finished, grinning at slick.
Slick stared at Draken in amazement, then ran over and went to shake his hand. He went to pull Kanderin's hand up from his side, but he cried out in pain, making Slick jump back.
"Sir, please don't do that. I had went back to maintenance bay where you were, and found all those creatures there. I managed to escape as you can see, but one got me pretty bad."

Kanderin pulled down the piece of cloth on his arm, revealing a gash the size of a dagger.
"Oh god Draken! let me see"
Slick again approached Draken, but was pushed away.
" No sir, ill be fine. Just work on getting some help. Oh and I forgot to mention, i got a few of the outside artillery guns working"

"Well done Draken, you've done fantastically."
Kanderin managed to grin, and then collapsed on the floor unconscious. Slick smiled at him, and then ripped off some padding from the captains chair, and laid it under his head.

"Damn this piece of junk!" cried Slick, kicking the wall as if he was fighting for his life, with the occasional curse thrown in. They had been working on the engines for almost two hours, with still no signs of life showing. Yoder and Arnaut were trying to fix one of the side chambers, but seemed to be hitting it more than fixing it.
They eventually both collapsed, holding their heads in their hands.

"It's no good, they're never going to work." They groaned.
Snipes went over to them and patted them on their shoulders.
"Its fine guys, you tried your.....
"ATTENTION, ALL WRAITH'S TO THE BRIDGE IMMEDIATELY"
All three jumped up in amazement.
"The communications are working again! I don't believe it!"
Cried snipes.
" Well come on then guys, you heard the captain" Sniped smiled, beginning a run toward the stairway. The other two were quick to follow, and soon all three arrived in the bridge.

There was Kanderin and Slick, Kanderin still unconscious from lack of blood, and Slick frantically pressing buttons on the main panel.

(OOC: Sorry guys, this was originally a lot longer, but my stupid piece of junk computer decided to press the back button on my browser, deleting it all )

-----------------------
War is simply a big game of dodgeball. You hit the opponent before they hit you, but you'll end up with much more than just a nosebleed, especially when your staring down my barrel.....

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!  - Auron, FF X
Arnaut
ComNet Novice

Arnaut

Post Number:  73
Total Posts:  903
April 4, 2006 5:14:24 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut shoved more wires out of his way, looking deeper into the control console on the wall. Well, there was nothing more that could be done here, so he tiredly sat on the floor. Yoder plopped down next to him. He'd barely made it past the onslaught of creatures that had attacked the barricade to make it back here.

"It won't work, this piece of junk." Arnaut said

"Hey, hey...this is MY piece of junk," Snipes replied.

"ATTENTION, ALL WRAITHS TO THE BRIDGE IMMEDIATELY!" The comm in the room said.

"The communications are working again! I don't believe it!"  Snipes yelled in amazement.

"Well let's get going." All three stood up and made a run for the bridge.

On the way past the personnel cabins, Arnaut slid to a halt. I wonder... He looked down at his maintenance hatch that he had discovered when they first got the ship. Something was furiously pounding at the heavy durasteel door that had been installed on the hole.

"Hey, uhh...Snipes? I think we could try working down in the maintenance hole here. Only problem is that there's a creature stuck inside." Arnaut said, eyes fixed to the pounding door.

"We'll come back for it after we've regrouped and sent out our distress signal." Snipes replied, turning around.

Arnaut nodded, eyes still on the hatch, and slowly turned around to catch up with the group. And then, the maintenance hatch blew its cover off, a creature pouncing out behind the group.

"Oh, no..." Arnaut muttered looking back. He raised his rifle and fired at the beast, who was charging directly at them.

"NO TIME!" Snipes yelled hurriedly, grabbing Arnaut and dragging him up to the front of the group. They ran. The creature was close on their heels. As soon as they heard the creature stop, they all ducked. The creature pounced right over their heads, landing in front of them.

They were on their feet, but the creature had cut off their route. The only way past him was, possibly, an open door next to him that he partially covered.

"SUPPRESIVE FIRE!" Someone yelled. Snipes, Arnaut, and Yoder looked at each other, and upon discovering none of them had said it, found out it had come from the room next to the creature. Red bolts from an E-Web shot out from the doorway, striking the creature, pushing it back. It fled the scene, big burn marks littering its body.

"We're coming in," Snipes said. The three walked in to be greeted by Lukas and Virius standing behind the E-Web.

"Nice of you to join us," Virius said with a half smile. "We were just about to head back to the bridge."

Lukas and Virius hoisted the E-Web components onto their shoulders and started off toward the bridge. The others followed. The jog to the bridge was uneventful, the only sign that the creatures were still in the ship were some distant howls. Finally they arrived, battered but happy, at the bridge.

Slick was at the computer console, typing away. Kanderin was slumped in a seat next to him, just barely concious.

"Alright," Slick said, nodding to the troops walking through the door, "we just sent out a distress signal. They said ETA time for pickup is three hours." He looked at the battle hardened squad in front of him grimly.

"This won't be easy, but we have to hold out for these three hours. I suggest we hole ourselves up here, and wait. Hopefully..."

He was cut short by a tremendous hit on the other side of the door. The creatures angry roar followed. And then silence. Everyone stared at the door weapons raised. Nothing happened for a while, so they began to relax, and let their weapons down a little. The moaning began.

Outside the room, beyond the squads sight, the creature lifted its head into the air and let out a long, sad moan. The moan was joined by dozens of creatures, spread across the ship. And all of them started to converge upon the originator. They were preparing for their final assault. But of course, the squad did not know this yet. Yet.

"Those moans, again," Arnaut said angrily, thinking back to the other time they had done this, "They'd better not be calling each other again."

"Well, hopefully we can hold out for another three hours." Slick said. But in his mind, he knew that that chance was becoming smaller by the minute.

-----------------------
Private First Class Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/PFC Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Novice

Kanderin Draken

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  1849
April 7, 2006 4:23:45 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
(OOC - Are myself, Arnaut and Yoder the only ones here? It seems to be going pretty quiet around wraith squad areas as of late. I was waiting for someone else to carry the story on, but i guess its up to me again)

Virius started ordering people about. He instructed Arnaut to do something about the windows, and Yoder to do something about the doors. Normally the doors would be strong enough, it would take some pretty powerful explosives to make them even buckle. But these creatures seemed different, like the doors might as well be made out of cardboard.

Slick and Snipes were busy trying to get a response from their signals, while Lukas was staring out of the window silently, watching the creatures down below. Virius, noticing he had nothing else to do, went over to a medical cabinet hanging on the wall, and put his fist through the glass. He then took a bottle of liquid, some cloth and a few syringes from it and headed over to Kanderin, who had again lost consciousness. He carefully cut away the current bandages with his knife, and poured some of the liquid onto the wound.  It bubbled slightly whe it hit the skin, but it was'nt enough to wake Draken up. Virius then carried on and bandaged the wound properly, wrapping it around Kanderin's arm two or three times. He then opened the box of syrgines, and took one out full of a red substance, labelled 'Adrenaline'. He stabbed it into Kanderins flesh just above the wound, and injected it into him. Virius finished up by tidying eevrything away and leaning the boxes against the wall, then headed over to Slick and Snipes.

"Anything yet?" He asked them.
"Not a damn thing" Snarled Slick, punching the control panel
"Well set the signal on repeat and lets go sit down, no point us all being loners" Virius advised
Slick turned around and looked at Virius as if he was mad, but then changed his expression to a smile and nodded.

The three of them sat down in the center of the room, taking care that at elast one of them was watching every corner of the room. Not long after they were joined by Lukas, Yoder, Arnaut and a hobbling Draken. Kanderin collapsed onto the floor, and groaned from the pain that shot through his arm.

"Thats twice you guys have saved my life in one mission, do me a favour and make sure im the first one you call if you get into trouble. That way maybe I can save a bit of my dignity" Said Kanderin, attempting to laugh. The others chuckled briefly, then started to talk. They sat talking as if they were in the cantina back home, not a rusted old spaceship on a planet where every creature on it wants to kill them in some way. Snipes pulled out a pack of cards from one of his pockets, and started dealing them out to everyone.

"Come on guys, were play poker for whatever weapons we have left" He grinned
Slick laughed.
"Trust you Snipes"
Just then, a huge banging noise erupted from one of the walls, making snipes throw the cards everywhere. The whole group jumped up, pointing the guns at where the noise had came from. A cry of shock erupted around them like a mexican wave, as they noticed one of the walls had actually buckled.

"Of course! They're trying to get through the damn walls!" Shouted Lukas.
Arnaut ran over to the panel that showed the security cameras, and quickly tried to find the one for the hallway outside. He breathed a sigh of relief when he found that it was still actually working.
"Theres no choice guys, were going to have to fight them off" Ordered Slick, movinghis gun into a firing squad position.
"Errr sir, thats not going to be possible" hesitated Arnaut
"And why not?"
"Because i count about ten or twelve out there"

Slick dropped his gun and spun to Arnaut, expecting him to reveal it was some sort of sick joke. Arnaut was dead serious. SLick spun around to face the group again, and ordered
"We need to do something, now!"
"I've got a plan sir, might not be good, but it's a plan" mentioned Kanderin.
"Then out with it man!"
"Just before i left to find you guys, I passed my indirect fire training, and Slick if you remember I said that some of the outside guns were working. If we fire a artillery round far away from the ship, the creatures may think its us and go to investigate" Explained Draken
Slick quickly ran through the plan in his head.
"Ok Draken, do it"

Kanderin smiled and hobbled as quickly as he could over to the weapons panel, and started bashing in codes. It would normally of been easy, but there was'nt ten bloodthristy monsters outside in training. He charged the gun like he was taught, aimed the round, and then thumped the fire button. Nothing happened.
"I hate this ship!" Cried Kanderin, kicking the wall next to him. The whole ship shook as the missile dislodged itself. The kick had given the force needed to set the missile off, and the group saw it arcing across the planet, leaving a red rainbow behind it. It exploded roughly five miles away, and the force made the windows of the shop shake.

Every man then ran to the buckled wall and pointed the guns at it, waiting to see what would happen.

-----------------------
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Behind Enemy Lines(Wraith)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:31:54 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 56  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >