Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Search on Daylid

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Search on Daylid
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  629
Total Posts:  1338
  RE: Search on Daylid
August 30, 2005 8:23:35 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo's mind was racing again. He had thought the walkers would have been destroyed, but here they were, in perfect condition. Suddenly, Kairo realized why. "Zafo, shut your walker down. NOW!" Kairo followed his own order and immediately shut all of his walkers systems off, except for the life support systems which would keep the cockpit slightly warm.

Once the two walkers had been shut down, Kairo heard Zafo say, "Now, why are we doing this when one of our own has been captured and is probably being flown half way around this planet?"

Kairo sighed and felt part of him agree with Zafo, but he knew what they had to do. "The AT-STs have been sabotaged. No group of people that would take Gio and shoot at us inside the scientist's base would leave two walkers in perfect condition for us to find and destroy them with. Now, they probably didn't have anyone to spare to pilot them back to their base, so they had to figure some way to get rid of them. One of them probably got the bright idea to destroy them on the spot. Then someone else realized the possibilities. So, the rigged them to explode or release some sort of deadly gas or something that would kill us while we're chasing after them. Understand?"

There was a moment of silence. "You have got to be kidding me. Are we really going to have to search the entire structure of our walkers?"

Kairo nodded to himself inside his walker. "Yes." Loud cursing issued out of the comlink, causing Kairo to jerk back from the ferocity in Zafo's voice. I'm glad he's taking it well. "There's more. It will be dark in four hours. After it gets dark on this planet, it will get extremely cold. We should not use the walkers at night. They will probably freeze. We have to get the walkers fixed as fast as we can, then get back to the drop ship. We will have to wait to search for Gio another day." Another curse issued from the comlink. This time, it was Sam. "I understand your feelings, but Gio can take care of himself. We will find him. Now get to work." Kairo didn't turn off the comlink, just incase Zafo or Sam needed him. Grabbing a pair of tools, Kairo exited the walker and made his way to the back access hatch. Looking across at Zafo's walker, he saw a figure doing the same thing. Great minds think alike. As Kairo set to work inspecting everything his mind had only one though. We will find him.

(OOC It's a little short, but I have to go now, plus my mind has been destroyed from the spec. story I just wrote. Take it away Zafo. It's half a page in word though, so it still meets standards.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  364
Total Posts:  765
September 1, 2005 4:17:05 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Frustration flowed through Zafo and it was quite evident in the way he carried himself as he ventured towards the first, most logical place to check for sabotage, the power core. He had a decent knowledge of vehicle sabotage from his own experiences. Back before he joined the Empire, he was known for his unconventional tactics and methods for a capturing and occasionally eliminating his targets. He had never been on this side of the problem though, and there many different ways a vehicle, especially as big as an AT-ST can be rigged to explode or dangerously malfunction.

Zafo peered into the small compartment and searched for any obvious explosive or foreign object. At a quick glance, everything seemed to be all right. Kario's hypothesis did make however, complete sense. Why would Gio's captors leave Kairo, Sam and Zafo the three walkers? It just didn't add up right.

Next, Zafo checked out the wiring and circuitry. All the wires could have easily been slashed, not letting Zafo and Kairo start their walkers to begin with. They were up against a more clever, dangerous adversary. Gazing at the power core, Zafo could tell something wasn't right; he just couldn't put his finger on it. He began to go through the engines process step by step to try and see if he could find a problem.

"So it starts here...goes through these absorbers...into this here amplification chamber..." Zafo thought to himself as he continued to scan for problems "...then it should go to...wait a second...that's not right..."

Instead of going to a second amplification and distribution box, the thick wires that were fed the vehicles power from the core was not attached where it was supposed to be. Zafo's eyes followed the cord through the mess of wires and let out a curse as he saw where it had been reconnected; to the power cell itself. Binding it in place was a small, watch sized explosive bearing an insignia.

Another stream of curses escape the Sergeant's mouth as he took off his glove to feel the power cell; incredibly hot. This time Kairo noticed;

"What'd you find?" Kairo demanded quickly. It was quite obvious he was just as stressed with the whole situation as Zafo.

"The power cell..." Zafo said drifting off. This was too close for comfort. Had the walkers been running for not even a minute longer, there would have been a mighty display of fireworks and two huge scorch marks on wasteland's surface.

"What about it? I haven't noticed a problem yet." Kairo answered

"Follow the red absorption tube, and you'll see what I'm talking about." Zafo replied

Zafo heard Kairo gasp and emit a couple of curses, after it sounded like he too, took of his glove to give the cell a feel.

"That was close." Kairo said, sounding a bit shaken

"Too Close." Zafo added

"Whoever did this to us," Kairo began "Knows what they are doing. We have to assume there are many other undetectable, creative methods like these..."

"They are criminals." Zafo cut his Squad Leader off in mid sentence.

"So it would seem." Kairo answered, sarcasm seeping through the comlink.

"I worked for them before." Zafo added, monotonously. His mind shifted and recalled him that he was in a simulator "The real them anyways."

"They are pirates." Zafo continued "They refer to themselves as The Spiders. Not much is known about them except that they have executed many big raids on both imperial and new republic commercial convoys. There secret based is rumor to be around this system, but I highly doubted it actually was. Then again, in a sim, anything is possible."

Kairo was momentarily quiet. "How can you tell it was them?"

"That small, watch sized thing with the spider on it are one of their trade-mark weapons. Very easily concealable, with the disadvantage of being very easy to deactivate. Simply pop off the front panel, then cut the yellow wire."

"Yellow?" Kairo inquired

"Yes, yellow" Zafo confirmed as he too popped open the small explosive and cut the yellow wire.

"If I somewhat know these guys&which I do. This defiantly isn't the only thing they did. They always do at least three things. Luckily, I know a lot of their secrets..."

With that, Zafo began checking and explaining various things the Pirates may have done to sabotage the brand new, but simulated walkers...   

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited September 1, 2005 4:18:15 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  432
Total Posts:  1305
September 2, 2005 8:19:06 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Knock knock sweetheart...

Giovanni didn't know wether he was coming or going. He heard a distance voice trying to call him back to the realm of the conscious, but he was having trouble waking up. He was exhausted, shivering, and he hadn't eaten in what felt like weeks.

He was on his knees, on the cold hard floor of what seemed like a holding cell of sorts. On the far side of the cold cage was a wall with shackles attached to it. The grime and numerous stains below it showed that it had seen its share of prisoners. Giovanni would be next.

"Now that you're awake... What's your name soldier."

The woman looking at him had a weathered look about her. She was at least in her late thirties, and judging by the scars on her forearms and neck, she was a veteran. She recognized her dark piercing eyes, and immediately tried to leap at her from where he knelt. A baton met him halfway and knocked him back down. He remained stationary on all fours, and cursed under his breath. He licked his cracked lips, only to find his tongue dry as a rock.

"If you're doing with your foolish heroics, perhaps you'd like to answer my question..." the woman inquired again, Her expression much more stern.

"I found this armor..." Giovanni stopped to catch his breath before continuing. "Took it off an imperial soldier who got in my way..." He broke eye contact and looked at the ground below him. He didn't want her picking anything off his facial expression.

She grabbed him by the neck with a death grip and stared into his eyes. For a brief moment, Giovanni had forgotten all about the simulation. He was stricken with fear. She looked him dead in the eyes for a long time before tossing his broken body aside like a rag doll.

"Do you take me for a fool!?"

Her hoarse voice echoed on every wall of the cell.

"Your friends are dead. There will be no rescue mission. You have been taken for dead. Your platoon commander is probably typing up the report right now... So you can either tell me what i want to hear, or i promise you, I will make your final moments in this realm the most excruciating and painful moments of your life."

"I...You won't get a word out of me..." he said shakily. He was trying very hard to be brave, but his resolve was quickly deteriorating.

They can't be dead... The sim would be over... There's no way...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

FTL/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  51
September 3, 2005 4:52:25 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
(Hey guys, sorry for being gone so long...really busy.  I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say that I hate school.  any, I'm back, and I'll be trying harder to stay in touch.)

Dinin, or Dragon by nickname, was alone in a barren, wintery wasteland.  He wasn't technically alone, because of the comtech's Slash and Marcus, but how much company can they keep?  Not much.  But he didn't have time to focus on that now, he had orders.  As soon as his squad mates left, he set about trying to reinforce the defences of their ship.  He surveyed what could be worked with.  Sam and Gio had done a decent job with the E-web and F-web, but the fact that they were only technicians showed blatantly.  Having actually trained in heavy weapons, Dinin saw that the guns had been set somewhat badly, and that they hindered eachother's effectiveness.  Plan forming in his quick mind, Dinin set to work on the cannons.  Only minutes later, he was satisfied with them.  By moving them only a couple of feet, he had optimizied their firing range, and allowed them to cross their scans over eachother, which was very good.

Finishing that, he set about perimeter defences.  He had the benifit of only having to gaurd one door, so his task was not an especially hard one.  Taking some of the sheets of metal from the kits, he made a type of dome over the door, that extended 10 ft out in all directions.  The metal was about 2 in. thick and would serve the purposes of defence.  He did, however, put an average quality blast door in the side, just in case.  Doing it by himself took longer then he had expected, over 2 hours.  But just as he was starting to head inside, he remembered something.  He had to make it so that they could take off at a moment's notice.  And you can't really take off with a defencive structure bolted to the side of your ship.  Thinking about what he could do, he drew a blank.  As he stormed inside, his foot jambed into a box of small explosives.  Cursing with built up frustration, he hopped about for a second, then stopped, thinking.

As he inspected the explosives, he figured out a solution to his problem.  There were some minor plasma mines in this box.  Smiling, he picked up a hanful and went back out into the dome.  Carefully, he placed a mine at each bolt, and set them to remote detonation.  Laughing at the bolts in their futile attempt to stump him, he walked inside and quickly became bored.

"Kairo...Come in Kairo...do you read me?"  he asked into his comlink.

"Loud and clear, but we have problems, what do you need?"

"I fixed up the defences like you asked, what now?"

"Nothing, Darkness is falling, so we are coming back in a bit, we'll update you when we get back."

The comlink crackled off.  Dinin scoured the ship for something to do, finding nothing, he settled for his favorite pass-time, tinkering.  He never looked it, but he liked to tinker with things, take them apart, see how they worked, and put them back together.  Even though it was a sim, and his creation wouldn't be real, he decided he needed the practice.  Again searching the ship, this time looking for spare parts, he found a lot of potentially useful things.  Sitting down with an array of various items ranging from lenses to power packs spreading accross his floor.  He took out his pistols, and layed them aside, he didn't want to mess with them.  They were his greatest acheivements in tinkering, and he didn't want to make them otherwise.  Through shear luck, he had doubled their firing rate and increased their power output by 50%.  He still wasn't sure how he had done it.  Instead, he brought his newly issued E-11 rifle and disassmbled it.  looking through the parts, he removed any that dissatisfied him.  What he removed was the standard-issue focusing lens, the standard-issue power pack, the grip, the stock, and the barrel.  This left little to work with, but that suited him just fine.  Looking around, he found a power pack that would fit his needs, it was about twice the power of the standard-issue, but slightly smaller, making it much better for practical situations.  His choice in focusing lens was a lens that was thicker then standard, allowing for a stronger blast.  The stock he replaced with a long rifle stock.  The barrel was 1 1/2 ft long, with a notch for a silencer.  He set to work with these components and produced a semi-ready rifle.  Thinking off the top of his head, he grabbed a top of the line scope and slapped it on to.

What he had in front of him was a really good sniper rifle.  Dinin had tripled the power output, and increased the accuracy by 200%.  What he was, was satisfied.  Quickly making mental note of what had been used, he decided he would have to try this out in the real world.  Finding nothing more to do, he turned on his datapad to a music program and played rock tunes for a while.
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  367
September 4, 2005 9:24:11 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
After searching through the rest of the walkers' infrastructure, the two Dragoons finally concluded their walkers were fit to ride. Zafo ran a systems check immediately after starting the walker to see if it would pick up anything suspicious; luckily it didn't. Zafo's spirits were let down by the next words that leaked through the comlink;

"We are going to heave to head back towards our base. Within the hour, darkness will be upon us. With darkness comes an unbearable cold which will freeze both us and the walkers. Follow my lead." Kairo's voice finished

Zafo's fist smashed down upon the console in front of him.

As if he heard and felt Zafo's distress, Kairo's voiced continued to pass through the small speaker;

"We have no other choice." Kairo's voice echoed "We can either go after him and all perish, or wait till tomorrow and  have a slightly smaller chance of finding Giovanni and his captors. Just remember, you aren't the only one this is hard for."

Zafo let out a long drawn sigh before answering; "You're right Kairo, I'm sorry."

Without anybody saying another word, both walkers turned and headed in the direction of their small base. Already, Zafo was planning his revenge upon the leader of The Spiders, even thought his plans were far-fetched and made little sense.

A light snow began to fall upon the barren wasteland. As the sun went down, the light snow quickly turned into a blizzard. Harsh winds began to pick up, making it challenging to pilot and maneuver the mechanical beasts. Zafo couldn't get out of his mind that they had abandoned Gio, when in fact they did not. This sense of guilt lay a weight upon his shoulders.

At last, Zafo could see the lights of the Dargoon's establishment off in the distance, and within minutes the two walkers were marching their way into the dropship's hangar...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  652
September 6, 2005 6:12:17 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo was alone inside his walker. He had told Sam to stay in Zafo's walker while they moved back to the dropship. Emotions had run through him like wildfire. First sending waves of fear, then doubt, finally ending with a small furnace of anger that he would unleash on whoever held one of his most trusted troopers. Giovanni had been of the first to readily accept Kairo as their squad leader when Kairo rejoined the army after his year of roaming the galaxy. Naturally, he felt that the original people in the squad when he had received command were the ones he could trust the most. Sam, Zafo, and Giovanni were all the remained of the group of troopers. They had been through many missions. When one of them was in danger, the other three would stop at nothing to help them. They were truly brothers in arms.

Thus, Kairo's thoughts ran through circles until they arrived back at the drop ship. The first thing he notices was the vast amount of improvements that someone had made to the base. An outer wall had been established around the blast door, giving it an even extra amount of security. Even though the blast door could close on its own, having the extra wall would aid them if they were ever attacked. The two turrets had also been moved to different positions. Kairo guessed that this was for some purpose that would allow the cannons to function as best as they could. When they approached, Kairo sent a message through to Marcus and Slash to have Arrow or Dinin make sure the turrets wouldn't fire upon them.

Once, the two walkers were safe inside the hanger bay, Kairo and Zafo moved through their shut down processes then disembarked their vehicles. Zafo and Sam moved to the ladder and climbed out of the lower level. Before Kairo left, he crossed to the blast door and slapped the control button. As it ponderously closed, Kairo moved like a ghost across the floor and up the ladder. As he arrived, he heard from upstairs inside what he assumed to be the communications room, Zafo explaining to the four troopers who had stayed behind what had happened to them while they were searching for the scientists.

Making his way to the next floor, he moved to the communications room's door, bringing their conversation to a halt. "Tomorrow morning, at seven hundred hours, we are taking the walkers and getting Giovanni back. Arrow, you will be with Zafo inside his walker. Sam and Dinin, you will pilot the AT-ST I used today. If you aren't sure how it works, then read up on it before you get to sleep. I know you have seen me and Zafo plenty of times, even before this mission, using the walkers. You should have no problem Sam. You and Dinin are really only using it to get you to wherever we are going. If worse comes to worse, I'm sure one of you can pilot as the other person fires. Just be careful."

As he started to move to the ladder that would take him back to the dormitory section, he heard Zafo ask, "Wait, if we are taking the two AT-STs, then what are you doing?"

Kairo stopped in the hallway and said, "I'm taking the third walker. I want to see what it can do. I've already checked its systems and familiarized myself with the controls. Oh yeah, and Slash, you're with me. Marcus, you have the task of keeping in touch with us and making sure you can maintain contact with Tadath. If things go wrong, send them a message and hold out as long as you can."

"You're taking the AT-UE?" Someone asked.

Kairo grinned for the first time since Gio had been captured. "Aye." He then left them to talk amongst themselves. Once he arrived in his room, he pealed off his armor and set aside neatly. I'm going to need that tomorrow. He then took of his two blasters and two daggers. Placing them to the side, he picked out what he would be taking tomorrow. First, he attacked an extra belt to the armor. The belt held a couple of extra pockets for him to place tools inside. He placed his datapad, an extra comlink, three small flash grenades, and a length of durosteel cable. To the original belt of the snowtrooper armor, he attached a Kylon-3 blaster, two slightly larger daggers then before, two small heat charges, and a short metal staff. He grinned as he pulled it out from his dufflebag. Haven't used this since& Kairo decided that that was all he would be able to carry without slowing himself down or giving away his whereabouts. Time to catch some shut eye.

Fifteen minutes later he greeted Zafo as he entered the room. They exchanged a few words about the plan for the next day before going to sleep. Zafo also gathered a few of his favorite tools and what he discerned he might need. As they went to sleep, Kairo went over the plan one last time in his head. First, we scour the area in which we were heading before we had to stop. If that fails to show anything, we will shoot into the ground and sent shockwaves back to the drop ship, where Marcus will tell us if there is something between him and us. After repeating the process couple of times without finding anything, we will send out an ultimatum on a wide spectrum telling them to return Giovanni. If we have to resort to that, we won't have the element of surprise. If they don't respond and we are forced to still find him, we will search in an even wider area for as long as it takes. Kairo knew it wouldn't come to the last part. He was certain they would find them before they had to send out a message. If they couldn't easily find them, the shockwave method was sure to work. Once we find the base, then Zafo, Arrow, Dinin, and Slash will try to find a way in without too much detection. Sam and I will take care of any defenses they send at us. Of course, that means I'm going to have to some very interesting maneuvers, but with some tactics and planning with Sam, the outcome is set in stone. I'll do it through sheer determination if I have to. Once the bases defenses have been neutralized, Zafo's team should have gotten inside the base. If things go well, they might have even found Giovanni by the time we are finished. If they have, then Arrow and Slash will escort him out of the base to one of the walkers. Zafo, Sam, Dinin, and I will then find their leader, order their surrender, and then find the scientists.

As he finished, Kairo saw that their plan had some small faults in it, but felt that it had a great chance for success. He knew it by the same way he knew when they would fail or succeed. Rolling over, Kairo went to sleep.

______________________________ 700 Hours ________________________________

It was a sunny day, light glinting off the three walkers as they exited the bases perimeter. They had all woken earlier to get prepared, grabbing something to eat and getting anything they needed. The rescue group of six troopers met in the hanger bay, armed in a fierce show of power. Each and everyone one of them had their own unique set of weapons and tools. Some were carrying heavier based weapons, while others were going with equipment packages and a light array. Still others carried a medium amount of arsenal, a mix between blasters and close hand weaponry. Kairo's amount of tools and weaponry were what he preferred to use. He even carried a weapon that he hadn't used for a long time but was one of the deadliest. The metal cylinder hung at his waste. It only had a small depression on it. Other than that, it was featureless. It was one of the first weapons he had ever learned to use. Even as a child, he was deadly with it. This would be the first time he would use it in front of his squad.

It had taken him a few minutes to properly acquaint himself with the AT-UE's controls. He had had it equipped with the concussion grenade launcher and the gatling blaster cannon. The walker moved slightly different the AT-ST but was slightly more adaptable in certain situations. Its true potential lay in the urban environment, but Kairo felt it could even be used as a primary unit. Its ability to change its height, its smaller size, and its ability to change weapons made it very valuable if used properly, and Kairo intended to use it to its fullest. As the three walkers moved even farther away from the base, Kairo felt as if his spine was set with steel. He led the other two walkers in a triangular formation. Zafo and Arrow to his right with Sam and Dinin to his left, they sped across the snowy wasteland in search of their comrade.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  10
September 7, 2005 7:50:25 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
    The lights flashed in front of Dinin in seeming patterns as the Walker strode accross the frozen wasteland.  With him was Sam, who looked rather shaken and sat looking straight ahead, not moving a muscle.  In the other walker was Arrow and Zafo, he couldn't see them, but he imagined that Arrow was getting angry, as most wookies do when a comrade is captured.  And then there was Kairo, using the AT-UE, which looked wonderful to Dinin.  He had always had a love for large weapons of war.  They seemed to carry a ferocious beauty.  Snapping himself out of his trance, he scanned the controls.  All were working and he rythmically focused a few nobs here and there.  He was nowhere near as skilled as Kairo and Zafo, but he was good enough for having taught himself the basics.

Before he or his team was comitted to anything that required his full attention, he put his datapap in his belt, patched it through his helmet, and put on a background of heavy rock through his helmet, using it to pump his aggression up, which, quite frankly, needed no stocking.  He was just as mad as everyone else for having Gio taken.  Gio was liked and respected by everyone, and he would dedicate himself to getting his comrade and friend back.

"Hey Kairo.  Where are we starting this search anyway?"

"Near where we went yesterday, we'll head out from there."

"Ten-four."

Having a bit of free time, Dinin let his mind wander.  He thought about the fact that he could not have been there to help his fellow soldier.  While focusing on this thought, his tatto, which was already a rich hue of Crimson, turned bright red.  His red eyes flashed with anger as he opened them to check the controls.  His hands had left the joysticks!!  Jumping with shock, he grabbed them, thinking it to be a momentary mistake.  Looking to see if Sam had noticed, he saw the purest form of shock on his face.

"How did you do that?"  Stammered Sam.

"Do what?"  looking genuinely confused.

"Your hands were off the controls for almost a full minute, yet not once did the Walker stop!"

"That's really wierd...might just be a fluke?"  Sam seemed to agree with this and again sat still, if not just a bit more aware of what Dinin was doing.  That was really wierd, even I don't know how I did that.  I'll have to think about that later.  Mentally, he ran through a checklist of his things to calm himself a bit.  2 medium sized swords, easily accesable in just about any situation, his custom made pistols and sniper rifle, he had a Biorestorative Underlay in his armor, just in case, and an Armored Overlay, for added protection.  He didn't really think he would need the added specs, but he liked to be safe.  Nearing the site, he turned on all scanners, diverting 30% power from weapons to bolster them.

"Where to from here Kairo?"

"Let's head this way."  Taking the lead, Kairo headed out, giving no chance for questions.

(Kinda short, yes, sorry, but I'm feeling whacked out from school right now)
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  45
Total Posts:  794
September 8, 2005 3:00:19 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    As Kario led the way, Sam began to think of plausible ways to man the guns of the AT-ST. He not being proficient in vehicle mechanics made this a bit more difficult.
    Sam hadn't associated with Dinin much to know whether or not he had a clue as to what he was doing. The fact that Dinin let go of the controls without realizing it made Sam uneasy.
    "I don't really care that the walker kept moving, the auto pilot could have taken over or something," Sam thought to himself, "But the fact that he let go of the controls in the first place doesn't really insure that he won't do something hasteful should problems arrise."
    After a few moments of radio silence, Kairo spoke.
    "I'm going to head left from here and scout on my own. ZaFo you go to the right, and Sam, you guys head straight," Kairo instructed.
    "You got it," ZaFo replied.
    "Sure thing!" Dinin said.
    "Dinin, you didn't activate the comlink," Sam laughed, "Try it again."
    "Sure thing!" Dinin said again with the active comlink.
    The walkers headed their different ways. Then Kairo said, "Oh, I all most forgot. Should you run into trouble of any kind give the rest of us the heads up and send your coordinates. That way we don't lose any more people."
    No-one replied. They continued along their paths.
    "So, what are we looking for?" Dinin asked.
    "From what I saw of the science outpost yesterday, I doubt that anything is going to be above ground. So, what I'm going to do is scan for heat signatures and hope that we come across something," Sam replied.
    Sam pulled out his data pad and began to read over the notes he took of how to scan in all spectrums. This information Sam got from Kairo. Sam knew that he wouldn't be as quick as Kairo was but at least it would get done.
    Sam began to flip switches and press buttons, slowly, but gradually he completed his task.
    "What was all that?" Dinin asked.
    "That was to setup a full spectrum scan. That way we don't miss anything that could be of importance," Sam said as if he knew all about that kind of stuff.
    "Okay, I hope you know what you are doing," Dinin laughed.
    "Don't push me, kid," Sam said glaring at his squad mate.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  656
September 10, 2005 8:28:51 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo was scanning as far as the walker could. Even with the vehicle set to scan in all spectrums, Daylids surface and underground was as lifeless as space. The scanners were picking up nothing. After ten minutes of searching, Kairo figured that the first sign of Giovanni's captures would be when they attacked the three walkers. Pushing these thoughts aside, he continued to search the area. The three walkers had moved out of each other's scanning ranges so that they would provide the maximum amount of ground coverage without being too far apart.

They were moving in the direction that Zafo, Sam, and Kairo had known that Gio was taken the night before. They continued to search for the next hour, with no results. Kairo could feel the tension and frustration emanating through the comlink from the two other walkers. Finally, by chance or by the will of their opponent, they stumbled upon something. A blip had appeared on the edge of Kairo's display, moving quickly toward him. Realizing he was the one that was approaching the blip, Kairo sent a message for the other to walkers to meet him at his coordinates. Once they arrived, Kairo told them to skirt around to the other side of it and wait for his signal.

After giving them a few minutes to get into position, Kairo moved the walker forward. It could have been anything, an animal, a piece of space debris, a hidden spring of water, a crashed space craft. But it wasn't. Once he was within one hundred meters of the object, it split into three separate dots, all of which were heading straight for him. "Now!" Kairo yelled through the comlink. He knew he would have to stall for at least thirty seconds before his back up arrived. Time to see if that training was any good.

A few seconds later, he could clearly see what was approaching him. They were two cobbled together walkers, which he had seen on one of his mission during his training. His first experience with them had been on Cepany. They were weak in some regard, but could be changed to do anything, since they were pieced together from various pieces of other vehicles. These two were of the variety he had dealt with before. They were built with the legs of an AT-ST, but the cockpit on top had been salvaged from a tie fighter. They had to arm extension to the side, each of which were armed with twin laser canons. Underneath the cockpits of the uglies was an extra light twin cannon. On top of each of them was a missile launcher. The third vehicle was a small scout vehicle of some sort. Kairo couldn't discern what it was before he had to engage with the two walkers.

The two walker sent missiles at him as soon as they were within range. Kairo waited a second for them to get close, then made the AT-UE squat down, making the missiles fly harmlessly over his head. One benefit of this machine. He then launched himself forward and sped between the pair, firing off his laser cannons at the small shuttle. He scored a direct hit, sending it flying into the snow. That was too weak. He was right. It blew up a second later, right when we was within its range. The explosion slightly damaged his missile launcher. With out a second thought of it, he sped through the two befuddled uglies. Spinning around with enough force to cause him to clench his teeth, he fired his gatling cannon into the back end of the one of the walkers, which he knew from his last engagement to be their weak spot. His prior experience pulled through for him as the walker blew into a thousand pieces. The other walker barely had time to react before his two ally walker arrived and reduced it to shreds.

After relaying the uglies weaknesses and his past experience with them, Kairo ordered them to continue searching for Gio. You are going to have to better than that to stop me. Plus, you just told us that we are getting closer to your base. It's only a matter of time.

(OOC If you want further detail on the walkers, feel free to read my last specialty story. There is more information there. You can also just ask me. I'm sure you can be creative with it Zafo. )
  -----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited September 10, 2005 8:33:45 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited September 10, 2005 8:45:55 PM)]
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  11
September 13, 2005 9:54:29 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
  Surprisingly, Sam came through pretty well on the weapons controls.  They had dispatched the last walker with relative ease with the assistance of the other AT-ST.  The good thing about this though, was, as Kairo had said, was that they were obviously close to the base.  Heading in the same general direction, they again scanned the area.  After several very agonizing minutes, they picked up another heat signature, but since Dinin's walker was leading, he had to relay the coordinates to the others.

"Guys, I've been practicing something for a little while now, and I'd like to see how affective I've gotten at sharpshooting."

Kairo crackled over the comlink, "But you don't have any formal training!"

"I know, I've been practicing in my free time, and I used to be really good at it when I was a kid.  Sniping compititions were popular."

There was an aggravated silence, then Zafo shouted, "Why don't we just storm the base and get Gio back!?"

Kairo was next, "Because then you'd have the entire compound on us in minutes.  No, Dinin has a point, he could take out the gaurds pretty efectively, and keep it pretty quiet at the same time.  Ok Dinin, you do what you have to do, but stay hidden."

"Yes sir, Kairo."  With that, he signed off.

"Sam, I'll be right back.  Keep this thing warm while I'm gone."

Dinin grabbed the ladder, climbed down, and headed in the direction of the base, with his modifed E-11 on his back.  For the first time, he realized just how good his snowtrooper armor was.  It kept him warm in the deepest patches of snow, and made it impossible for him to be seen if he didn't move.  Good, this'll make things easier.  Pulling up a radar in his helmet visor, he saw that he was nearing the enemy base.  However, before he came in site of it, he stopped and closed his eyes.  He began to run himself through his meditation excercises that he had learned in his martial arts training as a child.  He carefully balanced his level of emotions with his natural born instincts.  This, he had been taught, was the makings of a true and perfect warrior.  feeling he was ready, he blocked all other thoughts from his mind and slowly proceeded.

Hunkered low to the ground, he gradually came within sight of the base,200 yards away, and saw that he might have a bit of trouble with his task.  There were constantly two gaurds at the main door, two on either side, with reinforced battle armor, and modified E-11s.  There were also two man groups patrolling all sides of the compound at the same time, each with their own battle armor and E-11.  Thankfully, there were no gaurd towers, obviously trying to stay hidden, but that didn't diminish the fact that his shots had to be near perfect in accuracy and timing.  The adjoining corner of the front and left wall was facing him, putting both in clear view.  Settling down on his bellie with his modified E-11 sniper, he decided to go with the Left wall face as his starting point.  Quickly attaching a silencer, he lined the scope up and waited.

He watched the patrols for about six minutes, carefully keeping track of how long it took them to traverse a wall.  He figured it took about two minutes for the groups to make it accross, and then the next group would appear around the other corner.  As the fourth group rounded the corner, he ticked off one minute in his head, then lined up his sight on the leader's head.  Wait...wait...wait...now.  Click.  The first gaurd dropped with hardly a sound from wither the gun or him, the second stood stunned in his place, at least until he took a bolt of energy through his head to.

He quickly circled back to where the next patrol would appear, knowing that his next few shots would be important.  5...4...3...2...1...now.  The next patrol wheeled around the corner.  Almost immediatly they caught site of the fourth group, and ran to them.  They stopped to inspect the bodys then with two clicks from an unseen gun, were added to the pile.  The next two could only be allowed fifteen seconds of patrol, or they would sound the alarm, so Dinin patiently waited for them to come around.  Exactly ten seconds after they appeared around the corner, right before they could see the corpses, they to dropped in place.

The next piece had to be delicately handeled, for the front door gaurds should have noticed that the patrols were not coming, so they were coming towards the corner nearest Dinin, while the third group was, as Dinin knew, approaching on the other.  Lining up with the front gaurds, he saw that they were sided by side in such a way that he could use one bolt, and drop them both.  He took the shot, and executed it perfectly.  Not taking a moment to revel in the shot, he wheeled back to the other corner and took out those gaurds who were coming around.

"Kairo, I'm finished with the gaurd units, go ahead and run in the walkers, I'll be waiting for you."

"Roger that Dinin."
[This message has been edited by Pawn of Dragons (edited September 13, 2005 9:54:48 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  371
September 16, 2005 3:25:33 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
With the guards neutralized, it was time to get on with the next phase of the rescue operation.

"Slash, Arrow, Dinin," Zafo called out over the comlink "Get out of your walkers and meet with me on the ground."

"You are just going to abandon them?" Slash asked in disbelief.

"No." Kairo's voice answered "I'm going to be watching over them."

"Besides," Zafo added "Some things are more important than walkers."

With that, the Sergeant put on his helmet, opened the vehicle's hatch and climbed out into the snow that was just beginning to fall. A gust of wind greeted him, nearly throwing him from the top of the walker. Luckily, he had managed to keep his footing and get to the ground before another gust struck. Moments later, the three Dragoons were standing before their Assistant Squad Leader.

"Right" Zafo began "We can't be sure what we will be up against in there, so we are best off sticking together. We've already lost one, we don't need to loose another."

The three troopers nodded their comprehension.

"How are we planning on getting in?" Arrow growled impatiently.

"We'll try and get in undetected, that is hoping they don't already know we are here. Otherwise, we have quite the fine vehicle that can provide us with some&easy access."
Zafo spoke into the comlink so that nobody would miss anything, and so Kairo would know what was going on.

Kairo chuckled "I'm more than ready to see what this thing can do."

With that Zafo waved his hand in the direction of the compound and the four Dragoons began their approach. Their armour blended in almost perfectly with the snowy surface and kept them pleasantly warm. With every step, Zafo's leg sunk almost knee deep into the snow, making it a rather difficult journey.

After about ten minutes of plowing through the snow, the Dragoons reached the main entrance of the establishment. There seemed to be no sign if any danger, but Zafo knew them to be better than that. Cautiously making his way to the main entrance, Zafo placed a foot the stairs of the main entrance. It was then that the alarm pierced through the peaceful atmosphere, causing the Dragoons to jump with alertness. An automatic turret dropped from atop the door and spun around to point at the Dragoons.

"Take cover!" Zafo shouted over the wailing of speeding blots of energy. From behind a snow boulder, Zafo shouted into his comlink; "Dragoons, Fall back! It's too late Kairo, they know we're here."

"Stand Clear." Was Kairo's only response

Zafo peered into the distance from where they had come, but the snow prevented him from seeing too far. A small flashed of light penetrated through the falling snow. Seconds later a rocket was seen soaring through the air towards the compound. The four Dragoons continued to run away from the building as the missile struck, turning the entrance in a pile of fire and rubble. By this time, a second alarm had began to sound. A speeder gunned past Zafo's hiding spot towards Kairo.

"Storm the entrance!" Zafo shouted into the comlink. He watched as other figures came out from behind various rocks and snow outcroppings and charged towards the exploded entrance. They were greeted by a trio of pirates who were quickly and efficiently taken out with many shots to the chest.

"We're coming Gio..."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  436
Total Posts:  1305
September 16, 2005 10:28:21 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni awoke suddenly to the low rumble that he had grown so accustomed to over his year in the VEA.

Explosions..., he thought.

He looked around his grimy jail cell. The small puddle of blood from the last time he was conscious was now a maroon splotch on the sticky ground. He had been out for a while.
He tried to get up but couldnt coordinate his movements. He was so cold he could barely turn his head to inspect his surroundings. For the first time since he was on the dropship, he looked down at himself. He was stripped down to nothing but his mesh underarmor. His armor lay on a table on the other side of a durasteel bar gate. His hands were now brown and purple, which worried Giovanni even more.

I hope im not frostbitten. That would definitely put the icing on this shit cake...

Giovanni summoned his strength and used his arms to tip himself on his side. He squirmed using mostly his thighs and wrists and inched his way towards the cold, gray gate. From there he could hear a faint radio chatter. The base was under attack. Kairo, Zafo and the guys were coming to get him. He grabbed onto one of the bars and laboured to get himself on his feet. He couldnt feel his hands, feet, nose, ears.

"Where do you think you're going?" said a familiarly eerie voice. She looked at Giovanni amused at his failed attempt.

"Looks like your friends are working pretty hard to try and get you out... Several of my men have already been picked off, including a couple of my perimeter scout walkers..." She pulled out a blaster rifle and set it on the table, next to her black radio, standing in stark comparisom to his shiny white stormtrooper armor.

"They might think you're worth all those lives..." her tone was now menacing. Her bottom lip quivered as she reached in her utility belt and pulled out a blaster pack. She slammed it on the table, and the sound echoed all around the dingy room.

"But I certainly don't..." she turned to raise the volume on her radio. "They'll never get past the base guards... But if they do..."

She got up and stood directly across from him, making a gun with her index finger and thumb.

Bam...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

FTL/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  668
September 19, 2005 8:07:56 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As soon as the speeder had flown out of the debris that remained from the door Kairo had blown into the base, he had set a target lock on it and maintained a perfect track as it approached. Once it was within thirty meters, Kairo unleashed part of his rage through the gatling cannon. The speeder was unable to dodge the rapid amount of shots for long, and was soon reduced to a smoking piece of wreckage. Bring his focus back on the base, Kairo moved the walker closer at a steady pace. Slowly, he moved, keeping watch for any signs of movement. His senses were enhanced with the pent up energy he had stored from his emotions. After Gio had been captured, he had moved with a stoic attitude, pushing every feeling into the center of his consciousness. He had done this only a few times before in his life, each time when he felt that the life a close friend or family member hung in the balance of Kairo's actions.

Bursting through the smoke like the fires of the planet were on their hides, two more speeders rushed toward Kairo, blaster cannons firing. They were soon followed by another motley looking walker. Eye's following multiple readouts at once and hands in a blur, Kairo pushed the walker into full gear, sending it at the speeders. He fired off a missile at the ground twenty meters in front of them. Seeing that it the missile wouldn't make it to them, the speeders were sent into a false sense of security. Swerving around the area were the missile would land, the pushed the speeders faster. Unfortunately, they didn't count on Kairo having preset the missile to explode prematurely. They were directly below the tube of metal when it expanded into an inferno, pushing heat and force down on the speeders. Their front ends were sent into the snow, flinging their riders three meters ahead. If the pirates weren't killed from the explosion, they would have been from the impact of the hard ice.

Kairo continued toward the cobbled piece of machinery that the pirates used as their walkers without a second thought of the detailed destruction he had unleashed upon his enemies. The walker stood its ground though, sending out two missiles at Kairo. Pulling hard on the accelerator with one hand, Kairo forced the AT-UE into an abrupt stop, while he rotated the gatling cannon into position with his other hand. Pulling the trigger, he traced the bolts in quick succession in the path of the missiles. Two explosions ripped across the snowy landscape as the shots hit their targets. Within a few seconds, Kairo was running toward the walker.

Either he's stupid or just stunned, but it doesn't matter since it is too late. Kairo was within range now. Bringing the twin blaster cannon on line, he aimed it toward the enemies legs. He fired as precisely as he could, while dodging the few shots the walker managed to fire at him. With a little luck, one of Kairo's shots hit the walker's left leg. It careened to the left and fell to the snow with a sharp sound of metal grating across unrelenting ground. Smiling at his fortune, Kairo saw that the walker had also rolled to expose its week spot on its back. Too bad. With a twitch of his finger, he turned the piece of machinery into shrapnel.

Two more blips appeared on his display panel from behind him. More targets. With unbelievably accurate shots and luck, Kairo soon had the area outside the front gate of the complex littered with vehicle parts. Breathing heavily, Kairo rested a few seconds in the middle of the carnage inside his walker. Ok. Now, I'm getting tired. Get him soon guys. Kairo moved the walker to the entrance and brought it down into a crouching position unique only to the AT-UE. Facing toward the snowy field, Kairo waited for any more surprises.

(OOC This one was my fun post. Tomorrow, I am wrapping the story up. I have a plan to get Gio out of his predicament, so you guys are free to write as far as you wish, but I'll write about how you got him out in my next post. He agreed to what I have in mind. You guys can write all the way up to where you enter the prison area of the complex. Good luck. )

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  670
September 21, 2005 7:20:37 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Kairo was waiting he remembered he had one last task to perform before he settled into waiting. Hitting a button on his control panel, he let out a breath. He had just launched a subsonic wave frequency to the drop ship, giving Marcus the signal to tell their pick up ship to be prepared to pick up the squad quickly. Marcus had also been told to tell the space ship to send a message to the authorities in the system that there was a group of pirates on Daylid. Now, it is up to Marcus to see my signal and pass on the message. This way, even if the pirates escape the planet, there is no way they can escape the system.

Ten minutes passed as Kairo waited for something to happen. Finally, not being able to stand the wait, he ran his hands along the controls and set the walkers weapons on auto targeting. He also rigged it so it would send a message to his comlink if the AT-UE fired its weapons. He wasn't going to go far anyways. Pulling himself out from the walker's hatch, he had to wriggle his way to the back end where he could climb down. He had moved the walker so close the opening he had blown from the bases main gate, that the walker filled the entire gap. As he dropped to the ground on the side of the walker facing the interior of the base, he pulled out his Kylon-3 and started to scan the area around him.

Four pirate bodies lay limp on the ground around him. Scorch marks lined the walls where his squad and this unlucky unit had entered into a fire fight. He was glad to see that none of his men were around. At least I know they got into the base relatively safely. Kairo put his blaster back in its holster. As he pulled his hand away, he felt it brush against the metal cylinder clipped at his waist. I almost forgot I had this on me. As he grabbed it with his right hand and pulled it off of its magnetic clip, a rush of memories flashed through his head. This simulation is just one big flash back for me. Kairo thought as he shook his head. Suddenly, a door opened to his right and a pirate stepped out.

Leaning forward, Kairo dodged the first shot sent by the pirate. As he hit the ground, he ducked and rolled. When he came out of the position, he was holding a two and a half meter long staff with a menacing vibro blade on one end. Sweeping it to the side, he diced the man in half. A special function of this vibro blade caused the metal portion to be heated, cauterizing any wound it created. Spinning the weapon around his back he performed a twisting maneuver as it came around his left side that plunged the bladed end into the pirates head in a flash. The next instant he had drawn it out and was standing over another pirate's corpse. That was unexpected. Touching the depression in the metal staff, it shrunk into its original size with the sound of many metal pieces hitting each other as they all slid into place. I'm waiting guys.

_______________________ Deep inside the Pirate Base _________________________

Zafo and the three other Dragoons had fought against multiple groups of pirates as they had tried to find their way to the prison section of the enemy base. They had been fortunate so far to have not received any wounds. When anyone appeared from behind or around a corner, they blasted through or fell back and attacked the enemy strategically. Finally, after Sam and Dragon had been able to hack into a computer terminal, they group knew where to go. Now, they were standing in front of the main door to the prisoner compound. Zafo nodded to Sam from down the hall. A white figure touched something next to the door then ran all the way back to where the rest of the group waited.

"Is it set?" Zafo whispered.

"What do you think?" Sam responded as he crouched down next to the lead white figure. Zafo nodded to the rest of the squad, and they all tightened their grips on their respective choice of weapons. Five seconds went by agonizingly slow. Then, the door to the prison block erupted into bright flames. Sam grinned. Once the flames had died out, the four figures rushed through the flowing smoke and entered the next area. Blaster fire flew from the ends of their blasters when they saw shadowy movement in the smoke. Three abrupt screams sounded then three hard thumps as the guards fell to the ground.

Zafo motioned for everyone to fan out and find Gio. Zafo knew that Giovanni was probably being guarded, and he knew that the guards could probably tell that the place was under attack. The three white shapes ran out from the smoke and entered the area. It was a maze of hallways, with many doors leading off from the sides. After a few minutes of opening doors and finding the rooms empty, Zafo told everyone to not open any more doors and make their way to what they thought was the center of the area.

Unfortunately, Zafo's order didn't pan out very well. The four soldiers were split apart in enemy territory with out any idea where they were. "Damn it. What was I thinking?" Zafo cursed to himself. He heard a movement off to his left from another hall. Spinning toward the area he aimed his blaster and waited. Another snow white trooper moved out from around the corner with his blaster pointing at Zafo as well. Nodding toward each other, they made their way down another hall. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thought. Fortunately for Zafo, the prison had been planned out so that they all joined and made the person move into a general direction.

The hallways were all deserted. Finally, the four troopers met up with each other in front of another door. An eerie silence hung between them. They all felt that things were too quiet. Leading the way, Zafo pushed the door open. Four pairs of blasters entered the room in a second. Two technicians jumped in their seats and spun around with their hands in the air. Flicking his thumb, Zafo switched the mode into the stun and hit the first technician. Sam followed suit and had the other man down a second later. While everyone else moved into the room, Arrow stayed outside to guard the door. "Let's find out where Gio is, along with a map showing the area." Zafo ordered.

Sam, Zafo, and Dinin sat down at three consoles and set to work. They were of one mind, formed from the will to save their comrade. Three minutes later, the group swept from the area and headed for where Gio was being pinned down by a crazy woman. Unfortunately, they didn't know that, but Zafo had a feeling they were going to have to do this just right and that Giovanni might not be making it out of the area with all of his limbs in place. Once they had arrived at the room where Gio was being held, they knew something wasn't right. They could feel it in the air. Hitting the panel for the door to open, they rushed the room and were immediately surprised by what they saw.

Giovanni was sitting on the floor next to the twitching body of a women. He had lost an ear and was bleeding from a few wounds. "Took you guys long enough." Giovanni tried to smile, but swayed where he sat.

Sam ran over and caught before he fell to the ground. "What happened man?"

"Well, that crazy brod had a gun pointing at me and I was chained to the ground over there." Giovanni gasped out. "Then, when she lowered her guard and pretended to shoot me with her finger, I jerked at her. Being the idiot that she is, she drew her gun and shot at me." He paused as he coughed.

"Tell us the rest as we go," Zafo said, leaning out of the room to check the halls. "People are bound to be on their way. "It's odd that there aren't that many people." A thought suddenly occurred to Zafo. "Maybe we already killed most of the pirates. Maybe they had just taken over this large complex, but weren't really able to completely man it." This thought seemed to make the most sense to all of them.

"I'm all for getting out of here," Gio groaned.

"Arrow, you carry him out of here. Dinin, stand guard in the back, Sam, you are with me." With that, they all moved from the prison. Zafo's prediction held true all the way through the base. It was quiet with no sign of anyone. Zafo was sure that the group of scientists were inside the prison area, but knew that whoever picked the squad up form the planet could bring in help to retrieve the scientists. When they finally made it to where Kairo was waiting, they were hot and bedraggled.

"You guys all right?" Kairo asked.

"We're fine. I think we killed all of the pirates. They probably had a harder time surviving out here than they thought they would. Gio is hurt though." Zafo explained.

Kairo nodded, as he understood. "Help me get him inside my walker Arrow. The rest of you, head to the AT-STs and head back to the drop ship. Make sure you don't get too close to the destroyed vehicles out there. They could still be hot." After three minutes while Kairo and Arrow struggled to carry Gio up and into the walker, they were finally on their way. The three troopers were cramped inside the AT-UE's cockpit, but they could make do.

Gio told Kairo what he had already explained to the rest of the squad. Finally, he arrived at the point where he left off at. "I had managed to dodge to the side, but she still got my ear. I would have been fine if my frost bitten limbs hadn't slowed me down. She was probably the leader of the pirates, so we don't have to worry about her. Since her first shot missed, she tried to shoot again, but I was already on her. She didn't last a second. I pounded her with my hands, and since I couldn't feel a thing, I used all my might. It wasn't too pretty." Giovanni coughed again.

"Arrow, do you have any water?" Kairo asked. The wookie answered by shaking his head. "Can you hold out a little bit longer Gio?"

"I& think so." After fifteen minutes of moving as fast as they could, the walkers arrived back at base. Once they were inside the drop ship's hanger, everything started to meld together. Then, they were all standing in the middle of the simulation room. Giovanni shook his head then leaned over and vomited.

Rizzit entered the room. "Yeah, that happens when you come out of simulation where your mind is told you are hurt when your body really isn't. You'll feel better in a couple of minutes." He turned to the rest of the squad. "That was a very& interesting mission. I did play around with the simulation as you went along, so things were supposed to happen that way. One of you was going to get captured. If I let the simulation continue, you would have left the planet, Gio would have gotten better, and another ship would have picked up the scientists. They would also have found out that you single handedly destroyed an entire pirate base. So, you did horribly, and wonderfully. Good job." With that, Rizzit left the room.

The squad exchanged confused looks. Kairo turned around and said, "He always does that. We all did pretty well. Things could have gone a lot better though. Unfortunately, they didn't. We both failed and succeeded. Things didn't go as desired or as expected, but we pulled through. You are free to go and recover as you wish. I advise some sleep." Kairo smiled. Following Rizzit's lead, he also left the room in a dumbfounded silence. Well, that was interesting. I at least learned a little more about myself. I wonder if we did well enough to get the equipment though?

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Search on Daylid  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:50:54 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 78  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >