Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
  RE: Chapter 8 : The Order's Return
September 12, 2004 12:44:43 AM    View the profile of Liquid 
Several sirens blared as he awoke from a slumber. "How long have I been out?" he asked out loud, to no one but himself. He looked around, and saw the familiar insides of The Family Station Wagon. "Wait....what happened to being on the Griffen?" He slowly wondered, jumping out of bed and seeing what the matter was with his personal pilot droid. "Astro, what seems to be the problem?" Liquid asked as he stepped into the cockpit. A few series of small beeps and blips were heard as the Dark Jedi turned his head towards the display. Somehow, they were pulled out of hyperspace by someone, some thing. Sweat poured down his head as he realized it was an Interdictor class Star Destroyer, the only thing that could pull his ship from the depths of hyperspace. "Astro, unplug and go in the back, things could get ugly." The young man said as he took the controls from the droid. Droids were great and all for taking the helm during hyperspace while you caught some sleep, but they were worthless in battle. No matter how many simulations he had ran the little guy through, he still couldn't elude turbo-laser fire.

Sweat poured down his face as he tried to make a jump back into hyperspace, but knew that he couldn't because of that damned starcruiser. "Sithspawn.....how in the world am I gonna get myself out of this one?" He asked himself, slowly realizing he might have to turn himself in. Luckily, he was already broadcasting a different ship code than his ship actually was, so he had no problems with being identified. Suddenly, a voice came over the comm.

"We've been waiting for you. Prepare to be boarded."

"Over my dead body!" Liquid exclaimed, checking to make sure his lightsaber was by his side.

"That can be arranged."

---------------------

He awoke suddenly, with sweat pouring from his forehead, he checked his surroundings, and quickly realized that he was back aboard the Griffen. Wiping his forehead, he realized that it was another Dark Side induced dream, and that he really shouldn't worry about it. But, as with every dream that a Jedi of any sort had, it could be a glimpse into the future. He decided that just in case that may happen, he should have a few more surprises in stock the next time he got access to his ship.

Picking up his datapad, he accessed his todo list. He put "Modify the wagon" on it, and left it on the table as he grabbed his saber and walked out the door, wondering who he would be killing or get killed by next.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight of the Dark Jedi Order
First Lieutenant of the Vast Empire Navy

ph34red by many

are you man enough?
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
September 13, 2004 9:48:59 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
A tall man dressed in dark brown robes stood watch over his ship as an array of crewmen worked to fix it. The Dark Jedi scratched his short black hair as he patiently stood vigilant.
The Tie Advanced had been returned in terrible shape, it looked as if it had survived a solar storm. "It could have been worse..." The man mused as he crossed his arms over his chest comfortably.

His silent observation was interrupted as a man in a gray work uniform came up to him. "Sir, we completed repairs on your craft. She will be ready to go with stock conditions."
LoneWolf raised an eyebrow in amusement, "Stock conditions? Mind clarifying what you mean?"
The man with wheat colored hair and a ridiculous cap stuttered then collected himself, "I...We... the technical crew couldn't help but notice the sudden input from your ranks who wish to upgrade their ships... We found it-"
The Sith sighed with boredom, "Do what you will to their ships, so long as mine can fire lasers and shoot torpedoes I'll be fine." LoneWolf began to walk away, his boots somehow echoing through the din of work, "Just have it prepped and ready."

In truth LoneWolf found it interesting why his comrades would do such a thing. The Dark Jedi grunted, "Whatever flies their cruiser." 

-----------------------
Lonewolf/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

CM/DJK LoneWolf/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ

"With each kill, I grow wiser, with added wisdom, I grow stronger..." -Artemis Entreri
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited September 13, 2004 9:49:30 PM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
September 15, 2004 8:37:16 AM    View the profile of Talon 
A gentle breeze swept through the courtyard in the middle of the Gael estate on Lotaith.  The breeze billowed Skylla's skirt to one side and tugged a strand of hair out from behind her ear.  The young woman tilted her head back and looked into the sky.  Above her, a battle scarred Star Destroyer hung in space, well beyond the clouds.  Not more than an hour ago, that same ship was in a battle for its life.  Skylla jumped as two hands eased their way onto her shoulders.  Male hands, she felt with her left hand.  "Dad," she laughed, "you scared the-"  Her look of annoyance changed to one of joy as she turned to face Talon.  "Sierra!" she yelled as she threw her arms around his neck.

Talon looked down at Skylla as he wrapped his arms around her.  "I came as soon as I could, Sky.  You know how traffic is." he said softly with a wry grin.  He hid the sigh of relief at seeing her safe.  He knew that no fighters had made it past the planetary shields and Golan platforms to take strafing runs at the surface, but he still worried.

A blaster pistol flew past Talon's head at blinding speed and slammed into a statue, chipping the stone and crushing the weapon.  Talon turned to see a confused Moff Gael shifting his stare from his hand that he clutched and the blaster on the ground.  Talon had noticed the weapon aimed at him late, having been distracted by Skylla, and chose to disarm without question.  "Who.. who are you?" the Moff finally sputtered, still stupefied.

"Daddy," Skylla said, "this is Sierra.  Remember I told you about him?"  She grabbed Talon's hand and dragged him closer to her father so the two could meet properly.

Talon put on a smile and extended his hand.  "Glad to meet you, Moff Gael.  Sierra Taurus." he said as he shook the pistol-less hand.

Gael's mouth fell open and a look of sheer terror fell over his face.  "High General Taurus?" he asked in a hoarse whisper.  It wasn't until the introduction that Gael recognized Talon as the Grand Master of the Dark Jedi Order.  From the rumors he had hear, the Moff was lucky to still have his life after pulling a blaster on Talon.  This is the man his daughter was seeing?  'Oh god, what has she done?' he thought.

"Yes, sir." Talon replied, holding his smile.  "Though I'm not in uniform, so I try to feel out my civilian side as much as possible."  There was a lot of truth behind Talon's words, as all he wanted was to spend some time with Skylla.  Little else mattered.  Talon didn't even care to calm down the Moff who still looked like he was staring down the barrel of a T-21 repeating blaster.

Skylla stepped forward and put her hands on her father's shoulders.  Coming to her toes, Skylla kissed Gael on the cheek and said, "We've got to run, daddy.  I'll send a message to keep you updated in a couple of days, ok?"  Skylla grabbed Talon's hand again and started to drag him off before her father could answer.

"Uhhh.. ok." the Moff said weakly.  He watched as the two left the courtyard.  Before exiting, Talon turned back and waved slightly.  Gael staggered for a moment before dropping to his knees.  He recalled the reports of when the Dark Jedi Order couldn't quite maintain their secrecy.  More than a few showed in detail the brutality that Dark Jedi Master Talon could show.  'Relax, Gael.  I'm not after you.' a voice in his head whispered.. a voice not his own.  He looked over at the crushed pistol on the ground.  It appeared to have a palm print in the bends.

Back aboard the Griffen, the ramp to the Shadow lowered and Talon descended it with his arm around Skylla.  There was a smile on his lips, something no one aboard the ship had seen for days.  A datapad was handed to Talon as he reached the bottom of the ramp and the crewman that passed it off quickly disappeared.

Also waiting at the bottom was Lord Darkhawk.  He had his helmet resting on his hip, cradled in his arm.  He smiled as Skylla made eye contact with him.  'A word in private, please.' Darkhawk projected through the Force.

"I'm off duty until lunch tomorrow." Talon said aloud.  He was making a point of being no one but Skylla's Sierra.  The two walked past Darkhawk and headed for the turbolift.

'Cosmic left.  He's on Lotaith.'

'Then he has until lunch tomorrow to return or we leave without him.'

-----------------------
OO/HG Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CEO Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited September 15, 2004 8:38:45 AM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
September 15, 2004 3:00:23 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk muttered a few obscenities under his breath as Talon and Skylla left the docking bay. I'm off duty until tomorrow. I'm off duty until tomorrow. Blah, blah. What got his panties in a wad? Probably mad 'cause I smiled at his girlfriend. For crying out loud. She smiled at me first, anyway.
  He paused for a moment. There was something about her, though. He stretched out with the Force and honed in on Skylla's presence. She's Force-sensitive. Interesting. Talon obviously was aware of it - but was she?
  Tucking this information into the back of his mind, he headed toward his quarters. As he walked through the pristine corridors of the Griffen, the Sith Lord wondered when - no, if - Cosmic would be back.
  I wonder... He let himself fall into the Force, becoming fully aware of its all-encompassing existence. Focusing on Cosmic's essence, he extended his reach out in all directions, trying to locate his dark brother.
  Surprisingly, it didn't take all that long to track him down. Why didn't I just try this earlier? Darkhawk began to send Cosmic a message, when something disturbing came to his attention.
  He had noticed that something was... different... about Cosmic, but this... It's almost as if his Force signature has... changed. But that's impossible. I think. Wherever Cosmic was, the distance was far too great for Darkhawk to attempt to probe his mind. Still, he attempted to get a better sense of what was going on.
  Finally, he decided to try to communicate something. Cosmic, this is Darkhawk. Where have you gone? There was no answer. Is he ignoring me? He tried again, but there was no reply. Maybe he's just asleep or something. From this range, it would be hard to tell whether the Krath Prophet was awake or asleep, although rather easy to distinguish if he was unconscious or dead.
  And that was that. Darkhawk decided not to waste any more time. He was back in his room now, and thoughts of Talon and Cosmic drifted away, replaced by thoughts of his earlier "conversation" with Quade.
  If my memory can be trusted, then Quade's description of Grand Admiral Thrawn and some of his assistant officers is dead on. Quade had mentioned a Captain Pellaeon, a name that was not familiar to Darkhawk. However, it appeared that Thrawn was no longer using the Imperial Star Destroyer Gray Wolf as his flagship. Quade has claimed that Thrawn's new ship was an Imperial Mark-II named the Chimaera.
  Darkhawk had looked up the Chimaera's service record in the Imperial Navy records that the Vast Empire had access to. The ship's last known location was at the Battle of Endor, so it was presumed captured or destroyed. However, it was more likely that the ship had fled to the Outer Rim systems - where Thrawn met up with it.
  He had tried to ascertain just how big Thrawn's fleet was, but Quade simply did not know. They hadn't trusted the bumbling commodore with very much information after all. Though, seeing his incompetence, I don't blame them. I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn had wanted him to do this mission in the hopes of getting rid of him.
  Darkhawk typed up everything he had learned in a report and sent it to Talon, as well as to Japheth. The Vast Empire Navy would need as much information as it could get its hands on if they had the chance of running into a confrontation with the Grand Admiral. Darkhawk was more than positive that no one in the Vast Empire could match wits with his former commanding officer.
  The Sith Warrior had been musing over an idea ever since Talon had left him that initial message. If what I remember is true, then I served under Thrawn for several years. He would certainly recognize me. I could try tracking him down and talking to him. Maybe we could work something out...
  As he had hypothesized, certain members of the Vast Empire who knew his past might be thinking the same thing. He was surprised that Talon or even Grand Moff Kadann had not yet contacted him about such an effort. They probably still just don't trust me. It's a risk we might have to take, though.
  The Sith Lord closed his eyes and tried to think back to his time as a squadron commander in the Imperial Navy. The memories were vague and fractured - if there were any there at all - but he was beginning to piece together a clearer puzzle than he had ever had before.
  I could just do this on my own, he thought. Commander Jaeven Gray would surely be welcome aboard Thrawn's ship. Or... would he? With my memory being so fragmented, I could be missing something big. Maybe I... did something. I left the Empire at some point - otherwise I never would have met Riel that time and come here. Was I discharged? Did I become a traitor?
  There were too many questions that he simply did not know the answer to. Sighing, he decided to let time play events out and just roll with the punches. It'll be no use worrying too much about what's going to happen. There are bigger fish to fry right now.
  Shifting on his bed to get more comfortable, he began the long and futile process of trying to fall asleep before eventually giving up and settling on a Force trance instead.
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited September 15, 2004 4:37:50 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2333
Total Posts:  7772
September 15, 2004 4:12:24 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Amidst the darkness that he was falling deeper into, he saw many familiar faces: Talon, Trigit, DarkHawk, Liquid, and several more faces floated past him. A sudden flash of blinding light erupted out of nowhere, and he found himself standing in a large dark hallway. Several young people in white robes walked down the hall towards him with datapads in their hands. They gave him a formal bow before walking past him, talking amongst themselves about the lastest information they had learned.

I know this place.

Another flash of light brought him to the interior of a strange ship.

No... not strange. I know this ship... the Spire.

A man whom he had always known as 'Trigit' was standing next to him, looking at him strangely. Cosmic looked at the man with confusion. Memories were beginning to flood back into his mind and fall into place. Another explosion of blinding light forced him into an awkward situation. He felt a lot less powerful than he did before. He turned around just in time to see a Dark Jedi plunge his lightsaber into his shoulder.

Riel...

----------

Cosmic raised a hand to shield his eyes from the beam of light that was protruding through a nearby window. It was dawn.

I slept through the night?

Cosmic pushed himself into a sitting position and swung his feet over the side of the couch. He looked around the morning-lit room and found that he was alone; not totally alone, however, because he had sensed another presence in a nearby room - Jen's presence. She was sleeping. Cosmic arched his back in a stretch before getting up and searching for a clock. He found one on a nearby wall. It was 0700. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before making his way into the kitchen to make some coffee.

Jen woke at the sound of her coffee machine brewing to life. She wore a small tank-top that revealed her abdomen, and a pair of high-cut shorts. She slid out of bed and cracked her neck. She was about to turn the corner from her bedroom into the living room, but was greeted by a white cup of hot coffee.

"Thanks."

Cosmic grinned slightly, "I slept through the night... something I haven't done in the past couple days."

"Told you," said Jen, who then took a sip of her coffee. "No demons in this house."

Cosmic motioned towards the couch, and the two sat down. Jen took another sip of her coffee, and Cosmic looked over at her.

Wow, he thought. The lighting in the room, the beams of light penetrating through the windows and looming into the room created an amazing visual affect, especially with Jen who looked absolutely beautiful. He forced all thoughts aside and clasped his hands together; his forearms resting on his knees.

"I need to ask you something."

Jen nodded, "Go ahead."

Cosmic paused for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts together. Finally, he looked back up at her, "Why? Why did last night feel so much different than before... why did I feel that you felt different?"

Jen didn't show any signs of surprise at the question. Either she was hiding it very well, or perhaps she was expecting it.

"Because," she started. She placed the cup of coffee on the glass coffee table in front of them, crossed her legs, and cupped her knee with her clasped hands. "I feel that I can... because my days of mourning are over." She paused for a moment before continuing, "What happened in the past can't be undone. There's nothing I can do to bring back Evan, and I've accepted that." She unclasped her legs and slid up next to Cosmic, placing her hands on top of his. "What I'm going to concentrate on now is the future." She looked at Cosmic and smiled, "Of course, there are many times when you're just a complete bastard, but I think I'm capable of handling that."

Cosmic chuckled. "I've always shown that I am attracted to you, and yet I haven't seen any mutual response from you, until now that is." He motioned down to his hands.

Jen nodded, "I know, and I'm sorry for not reciprocating earlier, but I have all the time in the world now."

Cosmic grinned and interlinked his fingers with hers, "As do I."

A frown formed on Jen's lips, and she shook her head. "No you don't." Cosmic could tell that she was having a little trouble trying to say what was right in her head. "I know what's going on, Cleric, and I don't need a reporter to tell me that. All I have to do is look up into the sky and see the Star Destroyers looming overhead. There's a war going on, and I know that you're in it."

Cosmic leaned back into the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "I don't have to be."

"As much I hate saying this, yes you do, Cleric. You're an Imperial Officer and a Dark Jedi. You have responsibilities that need to be tended to. You know I would accept this and go for it if I were in your position."

Cosmic's brow's creased at the word "Imperial Officer", but let it slide. It was just another fact that was going to eventually be remembered by him. "I know that I'm part of The Vast Empire; its Stormtrooper Corps and Dark Jedi Order, but I only remember parts of my past and present. Yes, more facts and memories rise from their dormant states and into activity again, but I'm traveling with people I don't currently know. They are familiar, but I'm with strangers." Cosmic turned to Jen who seemed to be understanding, "You're the only I truly know."

Jen knew of Cosmic's little history with Cleric Vor'soth, and was not surprised when she heard this. "It'll be fine, Cleric. You can always come back to me."

Cosmic pulled her in next to his chest and kissed her on the side of her head. "I wish you could come."

Jen chuckled, "And enjoy being in the middle of a war zone with the risk of dying in a Star Destroyer?"

Cosmic smiled, "It's not that bad once you get used to it."

She shook her head, "Like you, I have responsibilities of my own." She wrapped her right arm over his chest and closed her eyes. "I'll miss you."

Cosmic stroked her arm with his fingertips, "I won't be long." He looked up at the time and frowned. "It's nearly nine. I should be heading back."

Jen opened her eyes and grinned, "Not before we have our morning brandy."

----------

Once the Nigritude had settled down in the Griffen's hangar bay, the Krath leapt out from the pilot's seat and landed quietly on the reflective floor. He had begun to walk to the nearest exit, but stopped at a strange feeling. Someone else was aboard the ship; a Force sensitive user, and it wasn't one of the Dark Jedi he had previously met. He contemplated over the logic of the situation, and came to the conclusion that this new arrival must have been expected by the Order. The individual would otherwise be dead. Cosmic pulled the dark hood over his head, and his face was once again incased in shadow with two glowing red eyes being the only visible physical feature of a "face". He strode to the nearest automated door to head to the lounge; the 18-inch golden hilt dangling at his side.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/HCL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][IOC][SoA]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited September 15, 2004 8:38:04 PM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1502
September 20, 2004 10:56:19 PM    View the profile of Talon 

Talon sighed as he looked sideways at the alarm clock on his bedside table.  He didn't want to get out of bed.  He didn't want to leave Skylla.  He didn't want to deal with the war.  He didn't want to deal with being in command.  The past 18 hours would be the only time he could have a normal life for some time.  Talon pushed off of the mattress beneath him and grunted as he rolled to a sitting position.  Skylla stirred slightly beside him, almost waking.  Opting to let her sleep for a few more minutes, Talon slipped out of the bed quietly and headed for the refresher.  The shower head in the booth-style shower activated and warm water instantly sprayed on his chest.  Talon ducked his head under and allowed the water to run all over him.  Letting out a long breath, Talon let himself fully relax.  The sound of water hitting the shower floor drowned out everything else.

Talon threw his robes over his head and slipped into it.  Fastening the belt, he looked up to Skylla, who sat on the edge of the bed watching.  He smiled to her as he attached his lightsabers to either side of his belt.  It was nearly noon according to Imperial Standard Time.  He had told Darkhawk the day before that he was off duty until then.  He had to admit that it was selfish and bad leadership, but the attack on Lotaith was harder on him than he let on.  The thought of being attacked by fellow Imperials was bad enough, but to be wrong about the safety of the Vast Empire...  It was his fault.  The loss of lives was surprisingly low, but that was only because the Griffen just happened to be there at the right time.

Talon returned his attention to the present when he saw the concerned look on Skylla's face.  He quickly changed his face from a grimace to a grin as he lunged at her, sending both of them back onto the bed.  Perched on top of her, Talon looked down into Skylla's brown eyes.  'So beautiful..' he thought to himself.  He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips before pushing off of the bed and standing back up.  "I need to get going." he said quietly.  Talon picked up the datapad that he had placed on the table next to the door the night before and exited the room.  Skylla sat up and watched Talon disappear as the door slid shut behind him.

Talon nudged the power switch on the datapad with his thumb and the screen flickered to life.  A string of new messages all beckoned for his attention.  Talon read off the first subject on the list to himself, "'Not satisfied with your bust size?'  Shyah!  Give me a break."  Two taps later, the message was gone.  The next in line was a reply from Rear Admiral Japheth, the Naval Commander in Chief.  Talon tapped once and the message opened.  Talon scanned it quickly and nodded to himself.  He got the idea of the message quickly.  The rest was just military filler that he had come to expect when dealing with any Vast Empire paperwork.

"Have fun?" Darkhawk asked less to find out but more to try for a guilt trip.  The Dark Lord was wearing his robe over his armor.  The helmet that accompanied the armor was nowhere in sight.  Darkhawk heaved himself off of the wall he was leaning against.  His lightsaber swung out from his leg and panged back against the armor.

Talon chuckled lightly and replied, "I did, actually."  The two continued down the hallway toward the bridge.  "Have we got everyone here?  We're moving out."

Darkhawk nodded as he adjusted his pace to keep up with Talon.  "Cosmic returned right around 0800.  That would be everyone.  I talked to your cousin briefly this morning.  He said he's set.  The Genocide now has the Nemesis' crew on board and a crew just big enough to keep turbolasers manned is on the Nemesis.  He said that should scare away any attackers.  They've got a patrol posted, ready to hype out to get a signal of another attack to Vectra.  The other systems have taken likewise measures."

Talon nodded.  "Good.  I doubt they'll be back anyway.  Quade said the rest of their resources were being used elsewhere.  He said something about staging an attack against the New Republic."  A smirk formed on his face at calling the Rebels by their new name.  He was still getting used to it.

Darkhawk stiffened noticeably at the mention of the Commodore.  Without needing prompting, Darkhawk explained, "I talked to Quade and his description of Thrawn was exactly what I remembered.  I think I might be of some help when dealing with him.  These memories might just be the real ones."

"I'll take it into consideration." Talon replied curtly.

Darkhawk suppressed a frown.  'It's no surprise that he doesn't trust me.  I can't even trust myself.' he thought to himself.

The Grand Master changed the subject quickly, "Japheth replied quickly.  He said they're going to be moving out from Moorja soon to raid an undisclosed location, but we're welcome to meet him back at Moorja when he's done.  From there we'll decide where we're most useful.  We won't be returning home for some time, I think."

"Understood."

The door to the bridge of the Griffen opened before the two Dark Jedi and all heads turned to look at them.  "Captain Jei," Talon said, "we're leaving."

The Victory II class Star Destroyer Griffen finished its maneuver to turn about and quickly darted forward, streaking into hyperspace toward the planet Moorja.

-----------------------
GM-SL/DJM "Nightblades"/DC-1/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited September 21, 2004 12:43:05 AM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Post Number:  2108
September 21, 2004 4:10:42 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk felt useless on the bridge. He wasn't the captain of this ship, nor was he the commander of the fleet. There wasn't even a fleet to speak of - it was just the Griffen. He wondered why Trigit and Riel didn't bring their personal capital ships along on these kinds of missions. That extra firepower is sure to come in handy sooner or later. Hell, we could have used it in the last fight.
  Talon was seated near the front of the room, beside Captain Jei. Ionazi Jei had been recommended to Talon to command the Griffen by his cousin, Commodore Claw. As far as Darkhawk could tell, Jei was doing a fine job.
  Which is why it's pointless for me to be here. He looked around to see if anyone was watching him. They weren't. Without saying a word, he slipped out the back of the room and headed toward the hangar.
  Several members of the Dark Jedi Order had been modifying their starfighters over the past few days, but Darkhawk didn't have any interest in following the trend. He had several ships in his possession, but he had brought along his favorite on this mission.
  It was a Cygnus Spaceworks Gamma-class XM-1 Missile Boat. He had never seen another starfighter like it. The ship had special meaning to him because it was one of the few links to his clouded past. He had been piloting the fighter when he had run into Riel all those months ago, and it had lasted him through several battles since then. Lately he had been keeping it grounded on Lopen, but he had decided to bring it along on this particular mission. Something told him that he would need the firepower before everything was done and over with.
  The missile boat was a splendid craft. It had Sublight Acceleration Motors equipped that, when activated, made it the fastest starfighter he knew of. Its normal sublight speed already rivaled that of the Alliance's A-Wing, and the missile boat could double its speed with the SLAMs activated. The only drawback was that the laser cannon didn't work with the SLAMs on.
  Still, it was a nice feature. The missile boat did only have the singular laser cannon, but it was a powerful gun. He had sometimes wished for an ion cannon, but had never taken the time to have one mounted. The main feature of the starfighter wasn't its guns, anyway.
  The missile boat had four weapons launchers and two separate -and large - weapons bays. He always kept the primary bay stocked with forty concussion missiles, quite a payload in any situation. The second bay he usually left open, but when needed could install thirty proton torpedos or twenty heavy rockets for even more damage. The missile boat on its own had the potential to take on a Star Destroyer head-to-head and survive. Especially with a Dark Jedi at the controls.
  He supposed that there were deadlier starfighters out there. A cloaked vessel, such as Talon's Krath Shadow would have the upper hand in a dogfight. Still, he felt much safer knowing he had the missile boat around if he was going to have to do any space combat.
  Suddenly, the thought entered his mind to just get into his fighter and leave. The Griffen was currently traversing hyperspace, but as soon as its journey was complete, he could go anywhere he wanted. I could go track down Grand Admiral Thrawn myself.
  It was an entertaining notion, but he pushed the thought aside. He couldn't afford to go off on his own like that, not now. Besides, if I'm going to go anywhere on my own, it isn't there. He glanced around nervously, but no one was paying him any attention. He let out a deep breath. The Sith Lord had begun to formulate a plan to... try something new. But no one - no one - could know anything about it. He was sure that no one was on to him or had any inkling of what he was up to, but...
  He shook his head to clear his mind. There were so many thoughts going through his head, but these ridiculous plans would do him no good right now. Right now his mission needed to be to prove to his superiors that he was in control of his own mind, so that they would believe him about Thrawn. It could be a huge advantage to the Vast Empire.
  Trigit and LoneWolf entered the hangar. They walked over to a crew chief and began to discuss something. Darkhawk decided to leave before they noticed him. He didn't feel like talking at the moment. As he walked out, something told him that he hadn't made a clean escape this time. He felt two pairs of eyes watching him leave and felt something almost... menacing...
  He reached out with his Force senses and felt a strong vibe of anger eminating from both Trigit and LoneWolf. Toward me? It was unexpected and slightly unnerved. I must be imagining things. He shook it off and headed toward his quarters to review the information he had dragged out of Quade once more, hoping to gleam something else useful from the data.
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2358
September 23, 2004 2:07:04 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
The day had just started, and it was nearly 0900. Everyone had taken their posts, and the lounge barely had any visitors. The bartender was playing Sabacc with his droid aide, and the two seemed to be holding a light conversation. Cosmic sat in his usual spot: the farthest table in the back corner of the lounge, and sitting on the side of the table with the least amount of light. His hood was sitting firmly over his head; his face veiled in the darkness. His left hand sat casually on his left thigh while his right hand rested on the round table. In between his thumb and index finger sat a glass of water. He brought the glass to his lips and took a sip.

A young crewman walked into the lounge; the look of enthusiasm that every green crewman was embedded on his face, and he requested a beverage from the bartender. The young man spotted Cosmic with the corner of his eye, and nodded. He had obviously never seen a Dark Jedi before, and he was anxious to meet one of the Order's brethren. He grabbed his shot of brandy and began walking towards the man in the corner. He got within fifteen feet of Cosmic's table before coming to an unexpected halt. He couldn't move his legs. Something seemed to be keeping him in place.

"Hey bud," greeted the crewman, trying to make the best of his situation as he spoke. He tried wriggling free, but he continuously failed to move from his spot in the lounge. "You're one of them Dark Jedi, right? I mean I've only heard of them, and know that they usually wear robes, so I figured you were."

Cosmic took another sip from his glass of water before slowly rising to his feet. He took a few steps towards the crewman and stared at him with glowing red eyes - the only visible indication that he was actually looking at the crewman. The crewman caught a glimpse of the gold hilt and grinned.

"Ah! One of those laser sword things too. I've heard stories about what your kind do to people with those. It's somethin'." The young man bobbed his head left-to-right and creased his chin, "Although I don't find them to be too intimidating. I mean it's not like it hurts, right? One swipe and the guy's dead! No pain."

Cosmic walked up to within 2 feet of the man and pushed back his hood, revealing his bald head and scarab tattoo. His eyes kept their red glow as he unclipped his lightsaber and held it out horizontally in front of his chest.

"The lightsaber is so much more than you can possibly comprehend." Cosmic cocked his head to one side, "You look like lady's man. I'll explain it to you in terms you might understand&" Cosmic raised the hilt higher and rotated it around, "You do an elegant dance, and this lightsaber is your partner."

The crewman laughed quickly, "Hah! Yeah, I know what you mean there, bud. Women you can love for life!"

Cosmic smirked, "You should also know, then&" The Krath's jaw clenched suddenly, "That they can also be a bitch," Cosmic's left hand shot up and grabbed the crewman's right shoulder and pulled him in as he plunged the emitter matrix into the crewman's stomach; pain shooting into his stomach, "and they can turn on you without warning."

It took a moment for the man to catch his breath and for him to realize that he had dropped his drink. He looked down at the floor to check where the spill was, but saw nothing. Instead, he saw his shot glass floating in mid air beside him - a look of confusion on his face.

"Damn... well, all I can say is that I'm glad you're here fightin' with us, bud."

Cosmic clipped the golden hilt back onto his belt and pulled the hood back over his head. "I'm here because I have a responsibility. I couldn't care less about what happens to anyone else." Cosmic smirked and brushed passed the crewman, "You're just a pawn in the game."

Cosmic walked out of the lounge and towards his designated quarters. The crewman swallowed slowly and looked to his side for the floating shot glass, but failed to find it. He quickly looked around him, and spotted it on one of the tables with a board game. He walked over to the table and saw that it was sitting on one of the checkered positions on the board.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/HCL Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][IOC][SoA]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  616
Total Posts:  679
September 23, 2004 9:57:44 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid walked slowly down the corridor that lead towards the lounge, dressed in his regular Navy Uniform. He didn't want any extra attention. The young man noticed Cosmic barely in passing, and gave a knowing nod, more or less to say "hi" to his Cult Leader than anything else.

As he walked into the lounge, a young man stood up too fast and was way to eager to salute, he nodded at the young man and looked at the bartender. "I'll take a Corellian Ale and a shot of the most potent stuff ya' got."

"Well sir, the most potent stuff we got would probably kill a man like yourself dead as he stands."

"Did I stutter?" Liquid said, with an air of authority around his voice.

"Here you are sir," the bartender said, putting two glasses up on the counter. He grabbed his drinks and sat down in the booth that the crewman had taken his seat in, and looked at him.

"Looks like you've had a rough day." He said, passing over the Corellian Ale to the young man.

"No, I just can't understand how those damn Jedi get to be so powerful."

"Before you go saying something you'll regret, you should know that you're talking to one of those 'damn Jedi'" He said, laying the smaller of his two lightsabers down on the table.

The young man almost collapsed face first into the table, knowing the power of the previous Dark Brother he had encountered....how powerful could this one be? He asked himself, before daring to look the superior Officer in the face again. Nah, he couldn't be too powerful, maybe he just stole that lightsaber from a Jedi that he killed.

The Lightsaber's not stolen. Liquid replied into the young man's head. At this, the young man got up and started to walk away. It's getting too easy to scare these new ones, Talon, he thought to himself, taking the shot and shivering a small bit before he got it down completely. The bartender was right, that stuff was pretty strong.

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight of the Dark Jedi Order
First Lieutenant of the Vast Empire Navy

ph34red by many

are you man enough?
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2371
September 26, 2004 2:41:04 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
A dark void... a fragmented essence... an unknown future. For where does one's soul travel once it no longer knows where it came from or why it is? Questions... memories that will never be regained or answered. A lifetime that seems an eternity without purpose... a wandering soul.

Cosmic stared blankly up at the metal plating above him; his hands clasped behind his head as he contemplated his existence. He had no recollection about what happened prior to a week ago. The last thing he remembered was being in an obsidian obelisk with satisfaction on his mind. That is not to say that he still couldn't remember much about his memories. With each passing day, some things become a little clearer. The fog that has clouded his memories had slowly begun to lift on a few, and the slow realization that he had lived in two time periods - in two lifetimes - was beginning to sink in. The fact that he wore a robe and carried a dagger that hadn't been seen in several hundred years terrified him, and yet it somehow gave him a strange, comfortable, feeling... a feeling that what he wore belonged only to him.

Since he had arrived back on the Griffen earlier this morning, the presence of another continued to bombard his senses. This new Force-user was unlike any of the other Dark Jedi... this one was different. This one was... out of place. He lay in bed trying to decide what to do on this matter. The only logical thing to do would be to go to Talon himself... or he'd take a route that was more familiar to him, and just find out for himself. He didn't know. The Dark Jedi turned over on his side and began to ponder on when he should confront this new arrival, but-

What the?

Something hard and sharp was pressed against his hip. He rolled back onto his back and reached into his tunic pocket and pulled out a distorted metal object that was a shiny-black in color. His initial reaction was to toss it over the side of the bed, but something kept him from doing so. There was something about this object that gave it a value of importance to him. The object itself was extremely contorted. It looked like it had been created by a novice sculptor. He felt himself strangely reaching out to the object, and levitated it above his chest. It was in its levitation did he begin to reshape the object into a perfectly-round sphere. The jagged edges and spires that it originally had seemingly melted back into the metal object, and into the round surface it presently had now. His eyes slowly widened as a few memories began to play themselves out in his head.

I remember...

----------

Cosmic growled as he placed his lightsaber on the wooden desk. He couldn't believe that he was fooled so easily. He sat down on his cot and leaned back against the wall. He was enraged with anger, and he needed to release it. He took a deep breath, not knowing what to do. Should he go back to the arena and continue to exercise his form? Or...

"Hmm."

Something caught his eye: the small metal sphere on his desk. The sphere lifted up off of the desk. It was guided into Cosmic's hand and he started to squeeze it, wanting to break it. He couldn't and was now frustrated. He extended his arm, the sphere resting on his palm, and stared at it for what seemed like hours. The sphere began to lose its perfectly round shape. It was now more of an oval than of a perfectly rounded sphere. Cosmic squinted and brought his hand closer to his face and looked at the now-oval metal object.

My thoughts...

Cosmic had wanted to destroy the sphere so badly that he had summoned the Force to distort the sphere's shape without even realizing it. He stared at it again, now thinking of only one thing: distorting the metal object. ...
Curve. He sat there, staring at the oval object, concentrating hard on trying to distort it once more, thinking of only to make a curve out of the oval object. The oval object didn't do anything at first, but then after a few minutes its sides began to slowly curve in, giving the oval object a U type of shape.
Cosmic's eyes widened, knowing that it was the use of the Force that had done this.

Intrigued, he began to give it several more shape-shifting changes until it had an array of jagged edges. After a few minutes of experimentation, he got up and placed the now jagged-shaped metal object back onto his desk. He looked down at it, staring and thinking. He couldn't figure out why it took him such a long time... days... to lift or move a large object, but it only took him a few minutes to distort a small object's shape. He didn't understand how or why.
Talon would know.

----------

The memory faded away, and the name "Talon" escaped his lips. He knew this man. He was a mentor... which means he was in his early past when the Force was still foreign to him.

But that doesn't seem right...

Cosmic's brow creased as he concentrated on his history. He also remembered days when he had no mentor. He was, in fact, turned down by one of the greatest mages of the era, and was forced to learn the mysteries of the Force alone with little aid. The strangest part of it all, and was still something that was sinking in, is that many of the people he had distinctively seen in person have been deceased for hundreds of years. Something told him that going back to this "Talon" wouldn't help him this time.

Perhaps a cold shower would.

Cosmic placed the jagged-edged metal object on the nightstand beside his bed and prepared himself for the refresher.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited September 26, 2004 10:52:03 AM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Member

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  908
Total Posts:  3342
September 26, 2004 9:41:48 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Staring out the front viewport on the observation deck of the Griffen Phoenix tried to discover what had been nagging him since his return from Dxun. I'm forgetting about something...some...responsibility that Jikkyo had.

A faint presence illuminated itself in the Force, and Phoenix turned to face two stormtroopers standing in the doorway.

"This is a restricted area. Authorized personel only." The back stormtrooper said, stepping forward and levelling his weapon at Phoenix.

Drawing his brown hood back, Phoenix stared at the trooper with his black, souless eyes. Raising his hand, he called his saber to it through the Force. The black obsidian handle levitated gracefully from its place on his belt and switched on once it reached his hand.

The three foot amethyst blade shot out of the end of the handle, its glow reflecting in the twin voids that were Phoenix's eyes.

"This is all the authorization I need." He said, taking a step forward.

The other stormtrooper stepped forward and interposed himself in front of Phoenix. "My apologies sir, 1042 here is new on board." Pushing 1042 back he continued, "We've just been ordered to secure the ship, our apologies for the intrusion."

The two made to leave, when the hatch shut right in front of 1042's face. That's what I've been neglecting Phoenix reminded himself.

"You two," he said, switching off his saber. "Show me to the comunications center."

OOC: continued on the Army topic

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Sect Member (SM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Heavy Weapons Specialist (HWS) - Raider Squad
-
SM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/ 3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 11, 2004 4:29:10 AM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1558
October 11, 2004 5:44:38 AM    View the profile of Talon 
[OOC: making it a fast paced post because I want to cover some ground quickly.]

An entire room full of Dark Jedi rose to their feet as Talon entered.  With a nod from the Grand Master, everyone took their seat again.  Talon started without hesitation, "We're about to revert at Moorja.  We'll be picking up a Sentinel-class shuttle from the forces there and heading toward Bestine IV, where the Army is currently fighting."  A beep sounded by the push of a button and a projector flickered on, filling the room with a low hum.  A holographic representation of Bestine IV hovered over the desk that the projector was place on.  The planet's upper and lower orbit was peppered with mines of all sizes.  "We're heading.."  Talon paused until a small red dot illuminated on the surface of the planet, "Here."

There was a chuckle from the back of the room.  Darkhawk sat with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.  The looks on everyone else's face relayed the same message: 'No way in hell.'

"Oh, and one more thing." Talon said, turning to the Dark Jedi present.  "You are a guest aboard my ship.  The crew have seniority here.  They were hand picked to serve on my ship because they were among the best in their field.  A number of you have taken it upon yourself to use them as play toys.  This is your only warning: Showing disrespect to any member of the Griffen's crew is showing me the same disrespect.  I don't think I need to specify why that's a bad idea."  Talon deactivated the hologram of Bestine IV and exited the briefing room without another word.

The Griffen reverted to realspace at Moorja.  A mass of space battle waste slowly orbited around the planet Moorja, along with a part of the Vast Empire's fleet.  Almost immediately, a tug carried a Sentinel out to the Victory II Star Destroyer.  The Griffen continued to maneuver toward its hyperspace lane as the tug neared.  As it got within range, the tug released the shuttle and the Star Destroyer's tractor beams took over, guiding the empty ship into its main hangar.  As soon as the Sentinel was secured aboard the Griffen, they streaked away together on a micro-jump that would eventually lead them to Bestine IV.

"Gather 'round, ya'll." shouted Talon, allowing his voice to echo in the vast hangar of the Griffen.  Before him were two racks, one much larger than the other.  "I have a present for all of you." he said with a smile.  Talon grabbed the tarp that had been thrown over the larger of the racks, exposing the numerous suits of Imperial Royal Guard armor.  The blood red battle armor was known to be strong as well as flexible.  A low whistle escaped Phoenix's lips as he looked over the rack of armor.  Yanking the other tarp off, Talon showed the rack of A280 armor-piercing heavy blaster rifles.  Another whistle came from Phoenix's direction.  "Suit up, we don't have much time." Talon ordered as he shed his robes.

The Grand Master quickly stripped down to his boxers and reached for his personal set of Guardsman armor.  Before he could slip into the body glove, a wolf whistle echoed through the hangar.  All eyes turned toward Skylla, who was just entering the hangar and still some distance away.  Talon chuckled and slid into the black under-armor.  Everyone but Darkhawk did as they were told, averting their eyes from Skylla as they stripped to their undergarments and dove into the body glove.

Talon quickly finished attaching the armor to his body, leaving the helmet on the rack.  He clipped his lightsaber snuggly to the belt in two places, stopping it from swinging as it normally did.  He turned to Skylla and threw an arm around her waist.  The two gave each other a quick kiss and parted.  A gloved hand grabbed an A280 off of the rack and Talon threw the strap over his shoulder.  "One more thing." he said, turning to motion a crewman to pull the lift over.  On the lift were man jump packs.  "Strap in."

Again, everyone but Darkhawk accepted the equipment.  They weren't sure they wanted to know why they needed jump packs, but they knew better than to argue.  "Master?" inquired Cyanus.  "You're not taking a jump pack?"

A sly grin formed on Talon's face and he levitated himself off of the deck by a foot.  Waiting a moment to prove his point, Talon lowered himself back to the floor slowly.  Turning to grab his helmet, Talon said, "Darkhawk, you're flying.  As I'm sure you noticed, the Sentinel has some rather large sublights attached to it.  We're going to be hauling ass through our hole in the mines.  Maneuvering will be total crap.  Fair warning."

Darkhawk looked over his bird and nodded to Talon.  There was a look of discomfort on his face, but the Dark Lord held his peace.  Instead, he picked up an A280 and walked up the ramp to the Sentinel.

"Everyone in." ordered Talon.  As the Dark Jedi were snatching the last of their equipment, Talon turned to Skylla and leaned in to rest his forehead to hers.  Being so close, Talon could see every detail of her eyes as they both silently stared at each other.  Talon lifted away and kissed her on the forehead.  "Be safe, Sky." he said softly.  The Dark Jedi turned and shoved his helmet onto his head, snapping it in place.  He jogged up to the ship that would take him to harm's way and ascended the ramp, disappearing into the belly of the metal bird.

"You too.. Sierra." Skylla whispered.

"Transport Auk, you are cleared for departure.  Good hunting." the speaker on the control panel sounded.  Darkhawk double-clicked the radio, signaling his acknowledgement.  The repulsors shoved down on the deck of the hangar and the ship slowly glided out of the bottom of the Star Destroyer.  Outside, everyone could see the mess that was Bestine IV.  Every few moments, green turbolaser fire sprang from the Dominion and a mine exploded.  After a close examination, the hole in the mine layers was noticeable.  Darkhawk pitched toward it and gunned the throttle.  The external sublights kicked in and the hull groaned.  The Dark Lord had been told that the hole in the mess of mines had to begin being cleared out a week in advance.  Even still, there were a few that were of concern.  The automated mine layers still roamed the mine field, filling in gaps when they were created.  Lonewolf sat at the co-pilot's seat that was modified to better control the weapons systems.

The Auk angled toward the mine hole and almost immediately began to open fire on the mines that were being dropped in front of it.  Farther ahead, a large explosion marked where a telekinetic nudge had saved Lonewolf the effort.  A few close calls later, the lane was looking fairly clean.  'This is too easy.' Darkhawk thought to himself as he kept the transport pointed toward the planet.

A warning alarm sounded too late and the Sentinel bucked from a small blast on its port side.  The sound of rending metal reverberated through the hull, hurting the ears of the passengers.  "SHIT!" Darkhawk yelled as the Auk began to drift downward and to the port side.  A larger explosion behind them ended the career of the external sublight engine that had been ripped clean off of the hull from the explosion from the nano-mines.  "Tal," Darkhawk said with an obvious amount of stress in his voice, "they didn't design these engines with a release button."  His armored fist had the flight stick cranked back and to the left, but his efforts only slowed the  drift.  As he reached for the throttle, Darkhawk felt the other sublight engine rip free.  "Thanks, bossman." he breathed as he returned the Auk to the center of the mine hole slowly.  "It looks like we lost a lot of our stabilizer." he reported grimly.  "It's going to be hell when I get her into atmosphere."

Talon smiled as he rested a hand on Darkhawk's metal shoulder.  "That's what the jump packs are for." he replied with a chuckle.

"Aww shit." complained Trigit as he pictured exactly what Talon had in mind.  "I'm not scared of heights.  I just don't like the idea of landing really hard." he said as he tightened his crash webbing.

Lonewolf depressed the trigger once again and green laser bolts lanced out and plucked another mine from space.  The mine lane was clear and would remain so until they were through.  The Dark Jedi Knight stood from his chair and walked to the back of the hold.  Darkhawk finally cleared the mines and started to level out for approach.  It was an uneventful trip from that point until they entered the atmosphere.  The shuttle began to waggle as the shredded top fin provided little to no help.  Talon reached over Darkhawk's shoulder and jammed the release for the cargo ramp.  The ramp burst open and a swirling wind ripped through the ship.  Darkhawk aimed for the water near the island that housed Jahnae Camp.  Before he could slide out of the pilot's chair, he could feel himself being lifted telekinetically from the chair and tossed out of the ship.

Talon took a flying leap and slipped out of the Auk, barely missing the ceiling.  He instantly tucked his arms in and dove head-first toward the island.  Below him, many of the Dark Jedi had activated their jump packs already to slow their fall.  Talon continued to dive and soon passed by everyone.  The wind whistled past the vents in his helmet, effectively blocking out any other noise.  The crippled transport sailed past him and struck the water, sending a wave over two fishing skiffs.  The skiffs were tossed by the wave and beached, sending their passangers flying.  As he neared the ground, Talon ducked his head in and flipped until he was diving feet first.  Reaching out through the Force, he shoved off of the ground, slowing his fall.  Before he landed, Talon slipped his rifle off of his back and raised it to his shoulder.  Continuing to push telekinetically, Talon allowed his legs to bend until he had dropped to a knee, effectively softening the landing to where he suffered no injury.  He looked down his sights to the man standing before him.  The civilian raised his hands and blurted something in another language.  The man had pure terror written on his face.  Talon could hear other Dark Jedi land behind him, their roaring jump packs silencing as they touched down.  'We have to find Fury.' he projected to his Dark Jedi through the Force.

-----------------------
-----------------------
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1010
October 11, 2004 4:57:27 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Touching down would have been a light way of putting things. Never having used a jump pack before, Phoenix struggled with the controls throughout the entire jump. He hit the ground hard buckling his knees and collapsing to the dirt.

Talon turned his head slightly and Phoenix swore the Dark Jedi Master was chuckling behind that crimson mask. A wave of humorous emotion came off of Talon, and Phoenix felt his cheeks turn the color of his armor.

Picking himself up off the ground, Phoenix brushed his gloved hands over the armor, removing some of the dirt. Adjusting his A-280, he checked to make sure his saber was still attached, and sure enough, the black obsidian handle was secured firmly to his side.

The man in front of Talon was cowering before the Dark Jedi, and it was understandable why. A dozen crimson-clad warriors just fell from the sky, and the one that seemed to be the leader landed without the aid of a jetpack. Phoenix smiled at the thought of the stories the man would tell his family for generations...if he lived to tell them.

We need to find Fury Talon projected to the assembled Dark Jedi through the Force.

Phoenix. Looking around he realized Talon had fixed him in his gaze, and was now talking directly to him. Your the only one of us who was here before, where was the General.

When I...err...Jikkyo was here, Fury was with Raziel and Drill squad trying to secure this island. Phoenix replied, stretching through the Force towards Talon's mind. My best guess is he'll still be at the camp. There were several Republic positions scattered along the island before I left, so we may have action before we get there.

Smirking at the man still cowering in front of him, Talon bent down in front of him and lifted the mask on his helmet.

"Boo."

Screaming the peasant scrambled off, tripping over himself several times in the process. "Ok boys, lock and load. We're heading for Janhae." Talon announced.

Reaching behind him Phoenix retreived his A-280 from its sling and shouldered the rifle. Several other Dark Jedi did the same, the noticable exceptions being Talon and Darkhawk.

As if reading his mind, Cyanus came up next to Phoenix and whispered, "What need of a weapon does someone have who has mastery over the Force?"

"That sounds familiar" Phoenix replied.

"It should, Talon said it himself."

-----------------------
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 11, 2004 4:59:47 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

LoneWolf

Post Number:  943
October 11, 2004 6:19:32 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf landed with little trouble, he had used a jump pack a few times in his younger days but it had undoubtly been a long time. His feet made a solid thud on the ground but he maintained his balance with ease.

Looking over his equipment, he found that wearing the armor was an indeed interesting experience. The crimson suit molded around his body with a feeling of protection. For lacking any experience with wearing armor he felt comfortable enough in the legendary crimson armor.

Simply the reputation of the deadly royal guard would be enough to strike fear into anyone seeing an entire group of these soldiers. The red mask hid his grin as he flexed his muscles from the tense flight.

He brought the rifle over his shoulder and snapped in a clip. Having not used a practical weapon in some time he needed a reminder of what it was like to use a rifle.

The man running away presented a suitable target, nothing better than live practice, LoneWolf smirked. He took aim with his rifle and squeezed the trigger. The peasant flew forward in his course a meter or two, a noticeable wound decorated his back with a black scorch. It was no question that the man lay dead in the dirt.

-----------------------

"With each kill, I grow wiser, with added wisdom, I grow stronger..." -Artemis Entreri
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1567
October 13, 2004 1:52:32 AM    View the profile of Talon 
The Order watched Lonewolf shoot the running Imperial citizen in disbelief.  The man who now had a black hole in his back was one of the very people that they were sent to save.  Before anyone could say anything, four more men that looked as though they had been washed up on the shore along with their skiffs jumped out of their hiding places in the tall grass.  An older man with skin that looked like leather swung a hand net up and over Lonewolf's head, pinning his arms to his sides and forcing the rifle from his grasp.  The other three tackled Lonewolf to the ground and began to pummel the Knight with blows from their fists.

'Let them be.' instructed Talon through telepathy to the Order; mostly to Vire and Cyanus, who were about to step forward to help Lonewolf.  'They have every right to be angry.'

Soon blood began to splatter as the civilians' knuckles split.  The men used their pain to fuel their anger and only slugged harder.  The punches weren't doing more than rattling Lonewolf, as the armor absorbed most of the blow.  A fifth man jumped out of his hiding spot with a large, barbed fishing spear.  Before anyone could react, the man with the spear was already diving down toward Lonewolf's right leg, spear extended.  The barbed tip glanced off of the armor and slid firmly into a weak point near the joint above his knee.  The metal spear drove through the membrane that covered the body glove as well as the body glove itself.  Blood sprayed out both ends of the wound as the tip drove into his lower thigh and out the other side, poking the armor on the back of his leg from the inside.  Lonewolf screamed out in pain and grabbed at the wound.  Instantly his attackers were thrown off of him, sailing back into the tall grass, tossed by an unseen hand.  Lonewolf shimmied out of the net and sat up in a daze.  He was losing blood fast and beginning to feel light headed.  He moved to pull the spear out the direction it came in, but was stopped by a firm armored hand.  The hand was the last thing Lonewolf saw as he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Shit" hissed Cyanus as he released Lonewolf's now limp hands to stop his upper torso from landing hard.  Acting quickly, he drew his lightsaber and cleaved the top of the spear off of its thick handle.  The Dark Jedi Knight extinguished his lightsaber and secured it to his armor belt.  With the aid of Vire, he rolled Lonewolf onto his side and removed the back leg segment of the Royal Guard armor.  Blood seeped out of small hole that was poked into the membrane.  Cyanus wiggled two fingers into the hole and ripped the body glove until he could get a good look at the point that was sticking out.  The entire barb had passed through his leg, the only good news since entering the Bestine system.  Reaching out with the Force, Cyanus yanked on the spear, sliding out Lonewolf's flesh quickly.  Blood began to ooze faster through the two new holes before they were plugged by cannibalizing the body glove material.

Vire slowly rolled Lonewolf back onto his back and sighed.  "We're going to have to find a medpac.  This won't hold for long." he said, shaking his head.

Talon picked up Lonewolf's rifle and laid it across his chest.  Reaching out with his mind, he laid an unseen stretcher under the injured Dark Jedi and lifted him from the ground slowly.  "I've located the Griffen that were sent to protect Fury.  We're heading for them." Talon announced as he advanced, trailing Lonewolf behind him.

-----------------------
-----------------------
Cyanus
ComNet Member

Cyanus

Post Number:  555
Total Posts:  688
October 13, 2004 9:25:31 PM    View the profile of Cyanus 
    Cyanus frowned behind his helmet as Talon dragged Lonewolf behind him. "Fool, why did he have to shoot that innocent?" he hissed again. Though he was a fellow Dark Jedi, Cyanus quietly admitted to himself that the now-injured Sith had it coming.
    Soon enough, those five men rose from the grass and watched the line of red-clad warriors with wrath. "I think you guys have done enough. Go home," said Vire as he walked past.

The countryside looked like a savanna of sorts, with patches of sand and isolated trees around. There was a village far off to the north, barely visible in the tall reeds. Talon forced his way through the thick growth, tracing the Griffin guardsmen's Force signatures.

There was no chance. The man hadn't seen it coming. The A280 leveled off at his back, an uncaring eye staring down the targeting device. Lonewolf pulled the trigger.
    "Hagh!" the peasant leaned back, and was thrown by the immense force forward a meter. He slammed into the ground, kicking up dust, taking his last breaths as the blaster hole seared through his insides.
    Out of nowhere, four men ambushed him. He jostled around in his armor, banging against the padded insides from time to time but suffering no serious injuries from their angry fists.
    Let them be, Talon had instructed, They have every right to be angry. Lonewolf's eyes burst open in disbelief.
    Then he came.
    The sharpened barb cut into him like a demon's claws. A sudden chill ran through his entire body. He was slipping away into darkness...he'd paid for his sin in blood.
    Partially awakened by then from his dementia, Lonewolf drowsily observed his surroundings. His rifle was on his chest and...Talon? Talon was carrying him. The Dark Knight sensed his face at the humiliation of it all.
    And the pain... That was the worst part.
    In his severely injured state, Lonewolf just couldn't focus enough to relieve the intense stinging in his knee. This was going to be hell.

"I think he's coming to, just a bit." Phoenix observed, sensing some movement underneath that red armor.
    "Maybe that will teach him not to shoot allies?" Cyanus cynically chimed.
    Remember, we're here to protect them, Talon reminded them all. I think I see our first checkpoint up ahead.

-----------------------

ASL/GSG Cyanus Cyanus/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[BoA] [ES1][BC]
CM/DJK Cyanus/Krath/Lion 1-6/VEDJ/VE
Dark Knight of the Krath
"...I think I'll kill you later." - Cyanus
Assistant Squad Leader: - Raider Squad
-
[This message has been edited by Cyanus (edited October 13, 2004 9:28:25 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

LoneWolf

Post Number:  946
October 13, 2004 10:17:49 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
The firm red hand seemed to simply fade away as he fell back. Lonewolf continued his descent with no end, it was not black but rather a crimson which veiled him.
As all the pain seemed to slip away, he opened his eyes to find himself drawn out on a soft but firm floor. There remained a red haze surrounding him still, he fluttered his eyes to try and see clearly but he couldn't.
As he stood up he noticed himself wearing different clothing, he wore a simple brown robe. Out of instinct he reached down for his weapon but found it missing. His eyes shot around searching for it when it occurred to him there was nothing existing there; just a red nightmare.

A confusion settled over LoneWolf as he tried to recollect how he got where he was. He simply recalled shooting a man and suddenly being ambushed by many others.
That was the red haze, he could only recall his attacker's hate.
As he tried to move he realized he had remained fully extended and hadn't moved from his original position at all. Focusing on moving, he found himself only becoming more disoriented.

Soon his own hatred boiled from lack of control. He could suddenly recall Talon's cold presence through the Force, denying him the help he needed.
It seemed so clear to him; everyone's negligence, their lack of faith in him. LoneWolf found himself grinding his teeth, he hated them all, he hated everybody.

The Dark Jedi Knight tensely found his eyes spreading open, his body seemed like a jagged mess to himself. The burning pain! LoneWolf found his jaw tensely clenched as he slowly became more aware of the real world. He realized, as he stared up, that he was being carried by the Force. Just what the hell am I know? A tool to carry around? The Sith growled out in frustration and pain. He could sense everyone's pity and disgust with him.
LoneWolf tried to demand to be let down.  However, his voice gurgled out in a string of Corellian curses. He wasn't sure if he was hallucinating again when a ring of red came around him. He violently pierced his fingers into his palms, he wasn't sure if his leg was shaking from convulsions or if it was his pulse he was feeling from the bleeding.

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited October 13, 2004 10:19:38 PM)]
Kadann
ComNet Emperor

Kadann

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] Grand Moff

Post Number:  804
Total Posts:  2361
October 14, 2004 11:45:22 PM    View the profile of Kadann 
Kadann sat in darkness hovering in the air.  If someone would have been there to see him, it would appear as though he was sitting on a table that didn't exist.  Slow movements were coming from his arms as he slowly brought his palms together in front of himself.  A tremendous beam of light exerted as his palms finally touched.  Focusing the light around himself, he tuned this new creation into a spherical shape surrounding him.  Almost as though it were a sort of force field.

Though, this was not necessary, Kadann was constantly manipulating the Force in ways that would better suit him.  As he sat in his main chamber in his spherical light field, he focused his thoughts on the events that had ensued the Vast Empire armed forces.

It has begun...He thought as his senses drifted into darker feelings...

"Talon"

Talon suddenly stopped and knelt on the ground as LoneWolf hovered along-side of him.  All the Dark Jedi with him at the time were wondering what Talon was doing.  No one ever said anything, though Talon could sense their thoughts.  He immediately forced each of the Dark Jedi to the ground on one knee.  Not one seemed to object as they knew what would happen if they did.

"Yes my Lord, I am at your service.", Answered Talon as he focused on an image of Kadann in front of him.  Only he was able to see Kadann as this was a private message.  All the other Dark Jedi were wondering if the fall hadn't joggled something loose in Talon's mind.

"There is one among you who does not share your goals.  I trust you will put a swift end to this."

"It will be done", Talon replied with an understanding of all that had transpired.  Kadann nodded and then disappeared from his view. 

Talon quickly rose to his feet and started on like nothing had happened leaving all the dumbfounded Dark Jedi still kneeling down.  LoneWolf still trailed after his Grand Master eminating more hatred than ever before. 

"Get up you fools!", Shouted Talon along with an energy burst that caused each of them to jump to their feet and continue on without asking any questions.

-----------------------
Grand Moff Kadann, Dark Lord
Head of the Vast Empire High Council
HHC/GM Kadann/HC-1/mSSD Atrus {EE}{MoH}{TT}{SY4}
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2444
October 15, 2004 6:15:44 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic rose to his feet and watched as the Order moved on ahead of him. He looked around him, observing the foliage that surrounded the Order. The area was familiar somehow, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Then again, many things were beginning to look familiar. More and more memories seemed to be rising up from the depths that they were held hidden in, and this frightened him a little because the memories were continuing to prove that his theory was correct, and that he once lived in an era thousands of years before present day.

There was a fact about him which he didn't understand. In this "past" that he lived in, this era where Sith and Krath roamed, he was powerful. He remembered being able to do certain feats which, for some reason, he did not know how to now. The memory, but the knowledge was gone. There was another memory that sat in the opposite corner of his head, and that was of present-day man... a Dawk Rhonaey; an individual who's knowledge in the Force was very limited. Somehow, the memories of these two people were merged to form what he was now. He didn't know who he truly was. He had two pasts, but one present. One past filled with knowledge and great power, and the other as such an inferior. Somehow, when some merging - he guessed - was completed, the knowledge from the superior was drastically cut down, and only this individual's strongest ability seemed to have surfaced. As more and more memories continued to surface... who knows what he was once capable of, or is capable of now?

All of this seemed odd to him, but that was not the strangest thing. Yes, he was regaining some memories of the past, but a very large part of his mind was changing as well. As the days past, he found himself asking fewer questions, and just taking memories and everything that was his past, for granted... as if they had always been there. He felt as if he was becoming a different person altogether; a persona not present in any of the memories.

Cosmic looked up from the ground and noticed that the Order had moved beyond sight. The foliage was in the way. A quiet voice crackled on his comm. link, "Hey Cos, its Pheonix. You joining us?"

Cosmic replied with a simple "Yes" and began to catch up with the rest of the Order for the trek up the spire.

I wish I knew...

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][IOC][SoA]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 15, 2004 6:17:37 PM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1586
October 16, 2004 7:21:11 AM    View the profile of Talon 
Talon swung his tactical sling forward so that his A280 hung across his chest.  His right hand rests on the grip lightly.  The mind behind the red helmet was busy figuring out exactly who Kadann had been talking about.  His first thought was of course Darkhawk.  Even though the Dark Lord had been with the Vast Empire for some time, the sting of his actions against the Order still weighed heavily on his defense.  Talon ran a surface scan over Darkhawk's mind through the Force.  There seemed to be an air of indifference.  Talon slowly probed deeper.  He ran as deep into Darkhawk's mind as he dared without alerting him.  There were thoughts of Commodore Quade.. Thrawn.. two Jedi engaged in battle with a cluster of Stormtroopers.  The Jedi were losing ground as they defended against the unforgiving volleys of blaster fire.  Talon sighed to himself as he withdrew from Darkhawk's consciousness slowly.

Cosmic.. Cleric stepped through a tall cluster of grass and rejoined the Order at the rear.  "Hmm..." Talon mused to himself quietly as he shifted his attention to the oddity that used to be Cosmic.  Ever since rejoining the Order, 'Cleric' as he had requested.. demanded to be called, was no more the old Dark Brother that they knew than he was a Twi'lek.  On the surface, Talon sensed confusion.  He dug deeper with care and found a memory of Jen.  Talon passed it by and noticed the feeling of deja vu.  It was hardly strong enough to suggest that Cleric was a threat.  Talon made note of it and slipped out of Cleric's mind.

It seemed to be a guessing game.  Kadann always seemed to be testing Talon.  Everyone knew that of the two, Kadann was the more experienced Dark Jedi.  Even though Talon held the position of Grand Master and Kadann that of Deputy Grand Master, Kadann was still the Head of High Council and senior Dark Jedi Master.  It frustrated Talon that he would be constantly tested and yet it would intrigue him at the same time.  At the moment, he was feeling more the frustration side of things.  'I don't have time to dig into everyone's mind on the battlefield.  I'm still not even sure he meant one of my Dark Jedi.' he fumed to himself.  'How far away are you anyway, Fury?'

Talon reached out with his mind and found two.. three bright presences in the Force.  Talon recognized Raziel and was relieved to have another to add to his numbers.  The other two were the Guardsmen that Talon had assigned to the protection of High General Fury, the Prefect of the Vast Empire's Stormtrooper Corps.  He knew Fury enough to know that the former grunt would jump into the fray if given the chance.  Talon stopped in his tracks as he focused on one of the Griffen Sect's Royal Guards.  Beneath a very thin mental veil there was fear.  There was panic.  Talon investigated further and found that he was the source of the terror in the Guardsman.  Plans were being adjusted.  The Guardsman obviously wasn't expecting more Dark Jedi.  He certainly didn't expect the Guardmaster to show up this early.  "Shit" hissed Talon as he sprung forward and began to sprint toward the presence that he knew to be Fury.  The Guardsmen were closing in and the traitor was preparing to make his move.

'Shit!' thought the Royal Guard that Fury had named Bob.  He sensed an incoming attack and the malicious thoughts of his fellow Guardsman a split second too late and he knew it.  Metal against leather could barely be heard as a vibroknife was drawn by Kyvaas, the one person he trusted completely.  Zael, or 'Bob' as he had become known as, dove to the right as he sensed Kyvaas slip in behind him.  Time slowed to a trickle as Zael was attempting to dive and roll out of the way.  He felt the vibrating blade come in contact with the membrane in the joint of his armor near his ribs.  The tip slowly slid through the body glove and pierced his skin.  With ease, the blade drove between his bones and knicked a lung.  Zael continued his dive and landed in a heap.  As he made contact with the ground, time caught back up and Zael was in intense pain.  The vibroblade had deactivated as it slipped out of Kyvaas' grip, but was still lodged into Zael's side.  Bob coughed up blood and gurgled a little as darkness crept into his vision.

"Forgive me, brother." said Kyvaas as he drew his blaster.  Through their training and their missions, the two had grown close.  Kyvaas knew that one day it might come to where he had to choose between his vow of duty to Grand Admiral Thrawn and his ties to the Vast Empire.  Time was running out and he knew that there was no way he could convince Zael to aid him before their Master caught up.  He could already feel Talon approaching quickly.  Now was the time to make his move.  Kyvaas turned from Zael's sprawled figure and dashed off toward Fury.  If he made it, it was going to be close.  In a smooth motion, he leapt over a rock that could not be stepped over and continued his sprint.  He could finally make out Fury as the Prefect spoke to a Lieutenant in commando armor.  As he raced forward, Kyvaas raised his blaster and took aim between strides.  His finger crept toward the trigger.  'Goodnight, sir.' thought the traitorous Guardsman as he took his final aim and prepared to pull the trigger.

A bloody vibroblade panged into the back of Kyvaas' helmet and threw his aim off.  The blaster bolt missed its mark and took out the knee of the Lieutenant.  Before he could recover, Kyvaas was slammed in the back by a hard shoulder and two strong arms wrapped around his chest.  The two Guardsmen tumbled and rolled.  Before the two bodies stopped moving, the discarded vibroblade had been summoned back to Zael's hand and activated.  The two men stopped with Zael on top, pinning Kyvaas to the ground.  Blood trickled down from Zael's wound onto Kyvvas's armor.  A gloved hand shot up and caught the wrist of the hand that held the dangerous weapon.  The two struggled for a moment before the knife slowly lowered.  The vibroknife tapped Kyvaas' chestplate and bounced.  Zael put all of his weight behind the blade.  Again it made contact with the armor and skipped off before it found a suitable knick in the plating to grab hold of.  The blade slowly chewed through the crimson chest plate and finally stabbed into the traitor's chest, cutting easily trough flesh and bone and into his heart.  The Guardsman screamed out in pain until the weapon did its job and his spirit left his body.  Zael gave a final shove to be sure that the job was finished before he collapsed, falling on top of the body of his partner.  His dead weight slid off of Kyvaas and darkness finally took Bob firmly into its clutches.

Liquid looked from the two Guardsmen to Talon.  He activated the comm in his helmet.  "Master," he started, "why did you heal and empower the one who was injured instead of stop the assassin yourself?" 

Without turning, Talon replied, "I knew that he could do it."  The Grand Master finally advanced toward the scene of the fight and stood at the head of the victor.  Talon kneeled and placed his armored hand over the helmet of the Guardsman.  Talon did his best to heal the punctured lung and quickly sealed the cut on his side with the aid of the Force.  He boosted Zael's energy slightly by helping him feed off of the pain that ripped through his side.  The downed man stirred slightly before Talon induced a sleep.  'Rest well, my Brother.  You fought like a Griffen this day.' he spoke telepathically.

Talon looked up to see a blaster rifle pointed at him.  Fury had taken cover after the first shot and had dragged the Lieutenant around the corner with him.  He hadn't seen the outcome of the fight and suddenly trusting a Royal Guard wasn't on his list of things to do.  Talon thumbed the release for his helmet and lifted it away.  Fury's relief was obvious as he lowered the rifle and stood up.  "This man needs help." he said, pointing behind the crate he stood from.  Two crimson-clad men stepped forward and Fury backed away cautiously.  The Prefect turned his attention toward Talon and smiled with a hint of a grimace.  "Glad you could make it, Talon.  Mind telling me what that was all about?" he asked with an edge to his voice.

Talon hesitated and grimaced as well.  "From what I could gather in the short amount of time I had, the stiff was working for Thrawn.  He was put in place to take out our leadership with minimal damage to the rest of the fleet.  He acted sooner because of my appearance.  He panicked."

Fury silently took this in as he watched the two Dark Jedi assisting the commando that barely had a lower leg attached to his upper leg.  A thought struck him and he turned back to Talon.  "Where are my supplies?" he asked.

"Supplies?" Talon queried with an eyebrow raised.  It was the first he had heard of it.

Fury nodded.  "It's aboard that Sentinel you brought here.  They crammed stuff in just about every storage space they could.  I'm supposed to get a metric asston of eats incoming." the High General explained.

Talon chuckled as he replied, "You might want to grab a mask and some fins."

Fury looked as annoyed.. very annoyed.  "You didn't!"

Shrugging, Talon said, "Look for a couple of fishing skiffs overturned on the beach south-east-ish from here.  Your men can handle that.  I'll take a mission."

Fury's expression grew worse as he silently dug through a bag that he had placed next to the stack of crates.  He removed a datapad and tossed it to Talon.  Digging again, he removed a disc and tossed that as well.  "That'll tell you everything you need to know." he muttered as he closed the bag back up.

Dark Jedi Knight Raziel entered the clearing on the beach and nodded to the Dark Jedi present.  He approached Talon directly and bowed.  Having been given a nod in reply, Raziel raised back to full height and said, "Master Talon.  I wish to come with the Order."

Talon tossed his helmet back over his head and secured it.  "We'd love to have you, Raziel." he replied.  Turning to Fury, Talon's filtered voice said, "Including the most recent, we have two wounded.  Can we leave them with your medics?"

"Of course." Fury said, nodding.

[OOC: Mission info coming ASAP.]

-----------------------
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited October 17, 2004 1:55:23 AM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

Post Number:  2228
October 17, 2004 1:46:10 AM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk kneeled over the body of the Guardsman named Kyvaas and felt for a pulse. Nothing. The man showed no life signature in the Force, either, so he was surely dead for good. The Sith Warrior frowned as he looked into the cadaver's listless stare. The man seemed somewhat... familiar...
  He looked over at Talon. The Grand Master was talking with Fury, the Army Prefect. Fury didn't look very happy. It probably had something to do with the traitor. Either that, or the crashed shuttle. Or both.
  A few minutes earlier, the Dark Jedi Master had probed Darkhawk's mind. He was trying to be subtle about it, but the Sith Warrior had noticed. Talon didn't dig around too much, though, so Darkhawk wasn't concerned, only curious. Earlier the Grand Master had seemed to be in a trance of some kind, and Darkhawk suspected that he was communicating with someone else via the Force. Riel had stayed aboard the Griffen, but he seemed an unlikely candidate at the moment. Kadann, perhaps?
  A couple of soldiers came over to dispose of Kyvass's body. Darkhawk took one last look at the corpse as they dragged it away and-
  That's it! Recognition flared in his mind as the dead man left his field of vision. Kyvaas Corbic. He was a platoon leader aboard the Grey Wolf when I was stationed there. The Sith Warrior blinked, puzzled. What am I talking about? He remembered, but yet he did not. It was a strange, yet somehow gratifying, sensation. I'm starting to remember more and more. This has to be real. Think... think... think!
  Talon called something out to him, but he was too wrapped up in his own thoughts to react. The Grey Wolf was a Star Destroyer. I served on it... at some point in time. The commander of the ship was... Vice Admiral Thrawn. No, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Vice Admiral? Wait. Nevermind, it doesn't matter. It was definitely Thrawn. So Kyvaas here knew Thrawn, too. Then it's possible that he has been an agent for Thrawn ever since... well, since whenever. But that means... Thrawn could have dozens of agents planted within the Vast Empire! This one was here to take Fury down, but several other leaders could be in danger. Japheth, Kadann...
  His gaze drifted over toward the man who was walking closer to him. Talon.

"Darkhawk, are you deaf?"

"What? No, no. I'm sorry. I was... thinking."

"I want you to make sure that Zael and LoneWolf get the proper medical treatment and are in a stable condition."

"Why me?"

"Just do it, okay?"

The Sith Warrior nodded. "Okay."

"Fury has given me something that I need to take a look at. We'll have a mission briefing in a little while to plan our next move. I'll let you know when it happens. Stay with the wounded until then."

I wonder if he wants me there to protect them from something? Odd. "Of course."

Darkhawk bowed; Talon nodded in return and walked off. The Sith Warrior exchanged nods with a couple of medics who had approached were tending to the injured men. He followed them as they carried the wounded to a fabricated shelter and took a seat next to Lonewolf's cot.

I've got to think this thing through. Is there anyone else I know that has seemed familar? Someone who might have been aboard another ship I served on? His mind was racing, but the memories were too slippery to get a good handle on. As soon as he felt like he was onto something, it got away from him. His thoughts raced on, faster and faster, until he begin to feel as if they were spiraling out of control.
  Wait! The jumbled mess of thoughts halted instantly and dissapated. If my theory is right, then I could very well be an agent planted by Thrawn! It didn't all fit together perfectly, but there were so many pieces missing that it could very well be true. But could I be an agent and not even know it? I suppose so, if there's some kind of mind control or brainwashing involved. Maybe Kyvaas had no control over his actions... if it was a time released mechanism... or... or... damn. I can't think straight.
  He stood up and began to pace around the room. I need to tell someone what's going on. The Vast Empire's leadership could be in great danger. I could be a threat, as well. What if I turn on Talon? Or any of the Dark Jedi? I'm a liability and...
  and what's new?
He sighed and sat back down. I don't know anything for sure. And I have the sneaking suspicion that no one really trusts me, anyway. I can't bring this up until I have more proof of a conspiracy. Or something to exonerate myself. Or...
  He looked over at LoneWolf. The Dark Jedi Knight was unconscious, but his health monitor showed good vital signs. That was a stupid stunt you pulled, Jace. But you'll live to see another day. That's something Kyvaas can't say.

-----------------------
COM Darkhawk/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][CBV*][MC:1][VC:Ebony][KC:OC]

DLotS/SW Darkhawk/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited October 17, 2004 1:57:45 AM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2468
October 27, 2004 12:53:38 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic saw that several of the Dark Jedi was still going over what had just happened in their minds. It wasn't everyday that they witnessed an assassination attempt, and the thought that one of their own had turned against them still weighed heavily on their minds. Things were obviously not getting started right away, so Cosmic began to head away from the camp and into the thick foliage that surrounded the temporary headquarters. He could feel some memories beginning to awaken from their dormant state, and he needed to sit.

He had not gotten fifteen feet before realizing that the environment around him had suddenly changed. It was no longer daylight and he could hear the crackling of a fire nearby. He turned towards the light source and began walking towards it. His arms reached out in front of him and pushed aside the leaves and branches that hung loosely in front of him. He pushed through the foliage and found a group of individuals surrounding a burning altar.

I know this place

Initially, he began to feel at ease. As he closed in on the circle, a feeling of déjà vu and dread replaced his once-relieved feeling. He knew where he was now. The faces, visible only by the random flickering of the flames, had become all too familiar - he was at the funeral of Marka Ragnos. Ludo Kressh gave him a quick glance before returning his gaze to the inflamed corpse; a look of hard contemplation and jealousy was burning in his eyes.

Cosmic caught something with the corner of his eye, and he turned to find two Dark Jedi dueling one another. Curious, he began walking towards the duel. As he did, the scenery began to change, and the foliage turned into marble floors and walls. The light from the lightsabers reflected off both the walls and floor in a fierce dance, and the two Force users were beginning to tire. As Cosmic neared, he began to recognize the two warriors.

... What?

They were Ye'iish and Ny'ryu, the two closest friends of Cleric Vor'soth. Suddenly, Ny'ryu caught Ye'iish offguard, and the greed-filled warrior plunged his lightsaber into the other's chest. The exhausted Ye'iish had finally given up. Ny'ryu quickly removed his lightsaber and caught the falling body before it hit the ground. Ny'ryu pulled Ye'iish up to his chest and looked down at his companion's face. A small tear rolled down his cheek as he pulled his friend in closer, his body hunched over the fallen warrior as he sobbed.

Cosmic noticed someone in pitch-black robes slowly walking up to the grieving man.

That's me... I think.

The man in dark robes stood next to Ny'ryu and pushed back his hood. His bald head shined in the light, and two red eyes glared down at his mourning friend.

"I just wanted the holocron for myself... Ye'iish was going to stop at nothing to get it for himself as well. It was either him or me."

The man next to him grinned, "Of course, Ny'ryu. It's perfectly understandable. He underestimated you... however," The second Cleric took a few steps back and smirked, "You underestimate me." Ny'ryu suddenly grabbed at his chest, his jaw dropped open and his face twisted in pain. He began to hyperventilate and he fell onto his back. Ny'ryu turned his head and looked up at the man he once called 'brother'.

"Cleric... why?"

Cleric's face was solemn, "Same reason you killed Ye'iish. I want the holocron all to myself as well." Cleric walked over to Ny'ryu and knelt down until his face was next to Ny'ryu's left ear. "I just seem to be the one who wants it more." Cleric stood up and stepped over Ny'ryu, giving a final squeeze as walked past him. Cleric could hear the final breath of air escaping Ny'ryu's mouth as he stepped up to the altar. He pulled out a small bag and carefully placed the holocron in it. His head turned and looked down at his two dead companions lying on the ground, "Fools."

The scene began changing again, and he found himself back near the temporary Army headquarters on Bestine. He found himself sitting on a small boulder with a light coating of sweat on his brow.

Cosmic chuckled and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Young fools."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1073
October 28, 2004 1:38:51 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
All this waiting around was killing him. The scent of fresh blood and charred flesh hung in the air near the camp, preying on the senses of its residents. It made Phoenix long for action. It was not in his personality to sit patiently while the brass discussed battle plans.

Or is it?

Ever since taking full control of Jikkyo's body, Phoenix had been struggling with his identity. Memories from before his birth in Angel's mind were distant and cloudy. The images had an almost ethereal sense to them.

But who am I?

Focusing back on the present, he watched as Cosmic wandered off into the brush surrounding the camp. He had been observing the Krath Prophet ever since Trigit had told him of Cleric's attack on Master Talon. Phoenix had his reservations about trusting Cosmic, but some nagging memory of his, No, Jikkyo's brother made him give Cosmic the benefit of the doubt.

Jubei...

The memory of Jikkyo's brother caused Phoenix's mind wandered off again. I am not Jikkyo Nimiichi...Sure I may have his memories...his appearance...but I'm...not...him? It was the same never-ending circle his mind hand been weaving ever since the return trip from Dxun.

"Not what you expected?" He heard a voice say.

Turning towards the direction the voice came from, Phoenix came face to face with an anonymous Dark Jedi in Royal Guard Armor. Brushing the Jedi's mind with the Force, Phoenix identified the man.

Lifting up the face-plate he answered with a smirk, "Never is Trigit, never is."

"Your mind is wandering." Trigit retorted, "Stay focused. We're not here for sightseeing or lolligagging." Turning sharply on his heel, the Sith Guardian stalked away.

Scowling at Trigit's back Phoenix mentally chided himself for not keeping his emotions in check. Yet another thing I need to get used to. Life had been so much simpler when he was just torturing Angel...Perhaps I was too hasty in my takeover...

Looking around and still seeing no sign of Master Talon, Phoenix resigned himself to waiting. Meandering around the outskirts of Jahnae Camp, he found a semi-comfortable place to sit. Opening himself fully to the Force, he let it rush over him like a tidal wave. Drowning his consciousness in the limitless entity that was the Force, Phoenix slipped into meditation...and waited...

-----------------------
-
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  1607
October 28, 2004 6:37:52 AM    View the profile of Talon 
(OOC: Some info for our mission. Have at it.

North-east of our location is the beach that will be our jump point. Aiming north-east, we'll reach an island that is a bottlekneck for jump packs that the Army needs taken out. The NR has it pretty well defended. The Army hasn't wanted to risk jumping in and getting sniped from the sky/hit while landing. DH and I are coming in low since we're not using jump packs. The rest will drop in. The forces there are using power suits and walkers. Here's a quick map:

T = 1 squad (8 troopers and 1 SL)  W = 1 walker.  P = 1 power suit trooper.  C = Commander. He's in a power suit as well.

We'll be landing on the south-western part of the island. There you go. Have fun.)

-----------------------
OO/SM Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  898
Total Posts:  2873
October 29, 2004 9:53:22 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
"You have the data disk sergeant?" the clone trooper asked.

"Sure do," Raziel said. just to prove his point he unsecured to disk and waved it in front of the troopers face. The clones had been observing the mines for a long, long time. There was no way the recently arrived imperials could predict the complex migration of the mines, nor could they take into account the planets weather patterns.

Raziel had already watched the holographic video stored on the disk. Mines were displayed as clusters of red dots around the planet. They started off scattered around fairly evenly, but then as they start to shift the areas that the imperial bombardments had thinned out started to overlap. As they moved further great lanes of free space opened up around the planet. It was feasible that in a few days the wholes would close up again, and there was always the chance that a stray mine could wind up in the path of an entrepreneurial attack. This was still not a chance to be missed.

"Sure you don't want to stay for tea?" Raziel asked, smirking behind the mask of his storm commando armour.

"If you're worried about the jet pack, just say." One of the clone troopers replied flatly. Raziel carried a sky trooper back pack, which had been hastily rigged to his storm commando armour. The sleek, white backpack contrasting starkly against his jet black armour. Surprisingly clone trooper armour only came in one size.

"Hah! You just want to show up a Stormtrooper," Raziel snorted, there was no way his pride would let him give up now. His armour wasn't suited for jumping, so he wasn't entirely sure how aerodynamically safe this excursion was going to be, but he wasn't backing down now.
"Besides, I'll only crash in water," Raz mumbled to himself.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Nothing, thanks to you all for dropping me off. Oh, and say good luck to General Fury for me. Hope to see you all soon,"

"By the time we return, our fate will have been decided," Another clone replied, referring to the vote that would have gone ahead by now. Raziel hoped they had gone along with Fury's plan.

Without a pause Raziel turned towards the imperial island and activated the sky trooper jump back. His stomach lurched as he was literally thrown into the air. The boat bobbed as he leapt off. The clone troopers looked around at each other for a moment.

"Ever met a Jedi like that before?"

"Nope, who cares. Let's get back." The small craft turned on the spot, throwing water into the air all around them. The boat raced away from the imperial base.

From high in the air Raziel could see far around, the air was clear and there were no mountains to obscure his view. Raziel looked down at the island beneath, from his vantage points he could see white dots scurrying around. He quickly realised that those white dots were likely to be made of squads of stormtroopers each. He could sense his brethren again from the close, although he could not pinpoint them. That was good news, although he had felt a responsibility to make sure Fury was safe, he had hoped to get in on some action with the rest of the order. He desperately wanted to see what his peers were capably of.

Almost as quickly as it had started, his ascent began. He was aiming to use as little fuel as possible here, in preparation for some serious jump pack work he was anticipating. He used whatever aerodynamic stability his ump pack offered him to control his descent, but kept the power off.

The ground was rushing towards him rapidly before he slowed the jump pack to kick in, with one powerful thrust he slowed his descent to a crawl. He regained control of his steering and aimed for an empty space, landing gracefully before a group of waiting troopers.

"Nice landing sir, welcome back to Jahnae Camp,"

"Thanks, er, Corporal. These packs actually offer some advantages over our current ones,"

"Limited fuel though," the trooper was quick to point out.

"Anyways, take this disc to command now! We need to get our bombers airborne and do some damage!"

"Sir?" the soldier asked, looking at the disc that was thrust into his hand.

"The mines are clearing. Do you now where Marshal Talon is?"

"I believe that the erm, well him and his people were seen over on the north side of the island."

"Ok that'll do, now move!" The trooper bustled off to the command station. Raziel paused for a moment and focussed his attention inwards. Talon wasn't hiding his presence and it wasn't hard to pick out such an awesome power.

He caught up to the group of armour clad Jedi on the north west shore of the island. Several of them were bouncing up and down, not slight jump, but fifty feet in the air. Raziel guessed the unusual practise was the warm up their jump packs.

"Master Talon," Raziel bowed subserviently.

"Knight, welcome back. You are just in time and I see you are . . . prepared," he said, looking at the white wings protruding from Raziel's back.
"We are jumping to a small island north east of here. All attempts to take it have failed, we are going to correct that error. We have no more armour for you, so I suggest you keep out of the line of fire. Try to keep up."
No more information was offered, Talon merely turned away and walked back towards the rest of the Order.

Raziel felt on edge here, he recognised so few of the men around him. Several were troopers who he had worked with before, although many of them seemed very different now. For a man who worked alone, getting used to squad based tactics had taken a while. However he had slowly learned to trust those around him and he found he now thrived on it. But fighting with people who were completely alien was a different matter.

"Time to go a voice rang out in his head. A second afterwards his ears were assaulted by the combined sound of jump packs firing. Raziel took a moment to observe the crimson figured recede away into the sky, before bracing himself for a launch.

"Command,"

"Receiving, come in,"

"This is squad three sir, we have incoming from the south west,"

"Again? I'm sure you'll enjoy the target practise. How many have we got?"

"I can make out around . . . ten sir."

"Ten??"

"Yes, sir."

"Obviously some dense sky troopers got confused over a map. Bring them down Sergeant. I hope you enjoy your new toy,"

"Sir," the communication link was cut.
"Ok men, set up the cannon, lets give it a try!" the squad immediately set about wheeling out a small sized piece of artillery. Squad three were always posted to the south of the island and it was their pleasure to bring any unfortunate jump troops out of the sky. A few days ago a shipment of ammunition has arrived, along with it, had come a rapid firing flak cannon. It hurled shells filled with fletchette into the air at an alarming rate, the general effect of it was to rip any jump troopers to pieces. The squad leader was looking forward to testing it.

Still, the thought of only ten troopers attempting an assault perplexed him. He was quite sure they were coming in at an assault trajectory.

"Send out a signal, get the power troopers to take up firing positions and get that walker ready to go. Something doesn't seem right here."

"Sir, we're loaded" came a call from the cannon crew.

"Ok, let her r...." he was cut short by a scream from the gunner. He was flung from the controls of the machine. "What the?"

The squad commander was cut off again as the barrels of the cannon bend almost in double, seemingly of their own accord. The firing control depressed on its own and the cannon exploded in a ball of fletchette.

"Sir, over their!" screamed a trooper, his call was followed by the sound of blaster fire. About a hundred metres south of the were two figures, one clad in crimson, the other in black armour. Before the Sergeant could even ponder the situation the Titan Assault Walker came into view, bearing down on the two lone figures. It opened up with a hail of laser cannon fire and the two men were lost from view as the terrain around them exploded.

When the air cleared they were no where to be seen.

"Where did they go?" the squad leader shouted as he waved for his men to group around him.

"This is Titan 04, we have re-acquired targets, in pursuit." The comm channel chirped. The Walker thundered off the south, apparently chased the two men.

"Right lets worry about those jump troops, the Titan will deal with the others. Open fire!"

The island emerged beneath the Jedi, it was smaller than Raziel had imagined. Maybe only a couple of miles across. Ahead of him, the flock of Crimson Jedi were preparing themselves for battle. A280 rifles were twisted around in their tactical slings, lightsabers were clasped tightly.

As the group descended towards the island blaster fire rose up to meet them. It was sporadic and altogether far less intense than they had predicted. Most of the fire went wide, but a few shots made their mark. The fire merely glanced off of the armour, Raziel imagined they were all thankful for now. Raz could see the lead Jedi, he couldn't tell who, activate his lightsaber. The Jedi skilfully deflected blaster bolts, whilst controlling his descent. Several other Jedi began to return fire with their A280 rifles.

Raziel's sharp eyes picked out movement on the island as they rapidly fell towards the south west coast. A single squad of troopers were causing most of the blaster fire. He could also make out what appeared to be a large walker, racing across the landscape after two figures. It made sense to him why the initial fire had been less intense, now that he could see Master Talon and Darkhawk.

His focus snapped back onto the fast approaching ground, already most of the Order were on the ground, closing the distance between themselves and a dug-in group of soldiers. Raz noticed a heavily armoured trooper bearing down on the group before he made his landing. He quickly thumbed the jet controls and launched himself back into the air.

He stopped his ascent rapidly and sent himself gliding down towards the lone trooper. The soldier appeared to be almost seven feet tall, clad in what appeared to be a Zero-G suit. Raziel fly straight at the trooper, only a few metres from the ground. He fired both of his repeating pistols at the trooper, but to little effect. The low powered shots were simply not enough to penetrate the armour.

The trooper shouldered his heavy rifle and returned fire, the second shot skimmed so close to Raziel's head he had to take a dive. Unfortunately he underestimated his thrust and threw himself to the ground. He rolled for a few meters before coming to rest not far from the trooper.

Assuming that he had brought down the flying Stormtrooper the Power armoured marine, lowered his weapon and took a step forwards. His power enhanced muscles swinging the massive rifle around as if it were a toy. He began walking towards the crumpled body, massive boots leaving footprints behind him.

Raziel paused for a moment, his head spinning. He quickly realised that he hadn't taken any serious damage. Then his mind recalled the previous few seconds and he realised he was in trouble. He leapt to his feet and faced the power trooper.

Before the marine could take aim, Raziel activated his jump pack and launched himself into the air. He flew gracefully over the power trooper, who swung his rifle at Raziel, hoping to swat the annoying sky trooper out of the air. The power trooper heard his assailant land behind him, followed by a "snap-hiss" Raziel plunged a lightsaber into the troopers back. The blade sliced cleanly through all the hydraulics and electrics and went straight through the man inside. He felt no small amount of satisfaction as the massive power suit fell to the ground in front of him.

He heard the crack of more blaster fire just over a rise, followed by the hum of lightsabers. Instead he decided the head off after the walker, Talon and Darkhawk to see how that confrontation was going on.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1078
October 29, 2004 5:28:15 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Removing his saber from the back of a Republic Marine in a rather unceremonious manner (Pulling it to the side, slicing the man in two) Phoenix took a quick scan of the area. The DJ were already through the entrenched squad of marines, and Phoenix caught a glimpse of Raziel tailing the distant forms of Talon and Darkhawk.

Phoenix was about to take off after them, until something in the back of  his mind screamed DROP! Reflexively he dove to the side, hitting the dirt and rolling. Intense heat rushed over him, followed closely by the scent of scorched foliage. Getting his feet under him, Phoenix rolled into a crouched position...and stared at the crater where he once stood.

His lightsaber, thrown from his grasp during the dive, lay deactivated far to his left. Locating its familiar presence in the Force, Phoenix called it to him, Depressing the ignition switch mid-flight. The amethyst blade sparkled back to life with a *snap-hiss.* No sooner had it reached him than his brain screamed at him again to move.

Instead of diving, Phoenix pushed off the ground with the Force. Leaping into the air he activated his jetpack and rocketed into the air. Strtching out with the Force, he found his assailant, discovering it to be the last of the power-armored marines.

Adjusting the controls on his pack, he rotated his body towards the marine...only to stare down the end of his mammoth energy cannon.

SHIT!

The only word that came to Phoenix's mind pretty much summed up the situation. More out of reflex than thought, he reached out with his free hand and pushed against the cannon with the Force.

The barrel of the cannnon rose slightly as the marine fired the shot. A massive bolt of energy whizzed past Phoenix's head, superheating and crackling the air around him.

Killing the thrust on his jet pack, Phoenix let himself went into free fall. The marine, obviously thinking he hit his target, began to turn away.

Big mistake.

Reaching out below him, Phoenix tapped into the once more Force and pushed against the ground with everything he could muster. His velocity steadily declined as he reached the ground. Landing in a crouch, Phoenix already has his A280 lining up the shot.

The marine came into his crosshairs. Big and dumb, just the way I like them. Phoenix's index finger to squeeze the trigger... until the marine's head abruptly detached from its body.

What the bloody hell?

The mammoth armor collapsed into a heap on the ground with a resounding crash. Cyanus stood in front of the heap, blue lightsaber humming, shaking his head at Phoenix.

Shouldn't make this a habit, Phoenix, Cyanus projected through the Force. Might look bad when we re-join our squad

Phoenix smirked in reply.

-----------------------
-

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited October 30, 2004 3:34:03 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2488
October 30, 2004 2:40:45 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Cosmic activated his jump pack and leapt into the canopy of some nearby trees, leaving the remaining Dark Jedi on the ground to do their own thing. While in the air, he grabbed his A280 rifle and prepared himself for the landing. He landed softly on a large branch and positioned himself against several other branches for support. The battlefield was in front of him, and the oncoming New Republic troops were quickly gaining ground towards them. That walker of theirs didn't look too friendly either.

He really didn't know what he was doing. Something inside him knew that this was right, and it was right for him to be there alongside the Order. Although he felt awkward fighting side-by-side with people he hardly knew, his body reacted to them in a positive manner, and now he stood there, perched on large branch in the canopy of a tree, preparing his next move. He pushed aside several branches in front of him with a thought, clearing his view to the oncoming New Republic troops. They were still a little ways away, but that didn't bother him. He tucked the butt of his rifle against his right shoulder and used his helmet's zoom to narrow in on the enemy squad. Using the Force to help guide his aim, he pulled the trigger in three quick bursts.

Three of the squad's troopers fell to the ground - dead. As the remaining squad members leapt over the bodies, they saw a single black hole in the middle of the foreheads of their fallen squad mates. The squad leader immediately gave the order to hurry it up, and the squad quickened their pace.

Cosmic detected two power suit troopers heading his way. He leapt down from the branch, engaging the jump pack a little to ease his fall. He landed on the ground and quickly ran to another location several hundred feet from his previous one. His body had become a blur as the Force aided his speed through the foliage.

What am I doing here?

----------------------------------------

Jen knocked on the door to the chief's office, and opened it once she heard his acknowledgement. She walked in and gave a quick smile before standing at-ease before him. The chief was rather happy to see her, and he motioned for her to sit down.

"I'm very pleased that you have reconsidered your stay on the force, Jen. It would have been a great loss to us should you have left. Your talents are an amazing asset to his unit." The chief flipped the lid of a nearby box open and pulled out a large cigar. He placed it in between his lips and lit it and took a small drag when he had finished.

Jen crossed her legs and placed her hands on her the uppermost thigh, "I would like to get started right away."

A pleased grin spread across the chief's face, "Of course. In fact," he pulled out a folder from one of his desk's compartments and slid it across to Jen. "Your first assignment is a rather challenging one. In brief, you're dealing with Markos Nyll, a non-local drug lord. We think he's one of the three in a triad of big dealers." Chief Richard Flenk leaned back against his chair and crossed his arms over his large beer-belly. "You're the only who's come decently close to finding and apprehending people of this caliber. I need you on this, Jen."

Jen nodded, "You got me." She grabbed the folder and got up from her chair. "Give me twenty-four to review Nyll, and I'll get to work."

Flenk nodded with obvious satisfaction - a hint of relief as well it seemed. "Very good."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  908
Total Posts:  2873
November 1, 2004 10:20:23 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(ooc: sorry Tal and SH this was written quickly, please ask if there's anything i havent been clear about)

"Command, this is Titan Walker 04 we are in pursuit of two Imperials. We have lost contact with squad three and the nearest power suits are registering zero life signs."

"Understood." Came the reply, to the walker comms operator is sounded like the commander was talking through clenched teeth. "Why are you following only two men, and to what do you attribute our tragic losses?"

"Well sir, they have . . . well it looks like the have lightsabers."

There was a pause.

"Ok I'm going to send an immediate assault to distract them, in the mean time I'm going to take the other titans and hold up to the north. Hold on for as long as you can."

"With pleasure sir." The titan walker crew were weary of their new adversaries, but felt confident behind their armour.

Raziel, his wits fully recovered, started to sprint in the direction he had seen the Titan rushing towards. The damn thing looked huge, it also appeared to be able to motor a lot faster than at AT-AT. He thumbed the controls of the jetpack, with a hop, a skip and a jump he was airborne once again. He quickly gathered some height before gliding at a relatively low altitude. The jetpack only had limited fuel and he didn't want to attract fire from anywhere else on the island.

In a matter of seconds the walker came into view. The monstrosity was scuttling towards the coast of the island, every now and again its massive laser cannons firing. Raz rolled over mid-air and launched himself towards it. The terrain detail became more apparent as he descended and Raziel could suddenly make out Talon and Darkhawk.

Talon was almost at the cliff edge, he was back-pedalling away from the titan, letting the walker catch up to him. He looked like some kind of animal fighter, luring a beast into a trap. Meanwhile Darkhawk was sprinting at a tangent to the Titan's velocity. Even though he was still within the walkers firing arc, the titan seemed to have dismissed him and was still bearing down on Talon.

"Got a lock on Red target!" the gunner shouted into his headset.

"Take him down!" shouted the pilot excitedly.

The four fire-linked cannons opened up. The laser darts ripped through the air, literally tearing the atmosphere apart into plasma. The very ground in front of Talon tore loose from the planet and shot upwards. The lasers hammered into a few tonnes of material, sending shattered rock and earth all around. When it all settled Talon was still standing, completely untouched.

Raziel noticed that Darkhawk was crouched, completely motionless, with a saber in hand. With a casual flick of his wrist Talon launched the Lord of the Sith into the air. Darkhawk rolled, tumbled and twisted through the air towards the walker. In response the Titan's "Head" instantly turned towards the new threat. Raziel was sure Darkhawk would get roasted and what happened next seemed to go in slow motion.

Darkhawk was falling through the air, only twenty metres from the Titan. The walkers guns were moving about to track the fast moving form, the onboard aiming computers were exceedingly fast, trained to bring down incoming rockets. Darkhawk was rolling around his long axis, appearing to be lying down in mid air. The laser cannons flared with light as they prepared to fire. Sensing the danger, Darkhawk curled up into a ball. The cannons fired and Darkhawk passed in-between all four laser darts. The air-super heated around him, but in a moment he was through. He extended his full body, pushing his legs out ahead of him and used the Force to control his landing.

Darkhawk landed square in the middle of the titan's "head" A power-assisted hand smashed down into a crevice in the walkers armour and he held fast.

You too Raziel heard inside his head. And he felt compelled to land on the Titan.

He dove towards the walked, levelling off at the height of the walkers back. As he flew over his landing point, he rolled over so that his back was above the walker. He back-flipped mid air, using a quick thrust to slow he lateral velocity and dropped onto the titan, facing the rear of the walker.

Darkhawk swung out with his lightsaber and sliced through the nearest laser cannon. From his perch the other three would not be within reach and with the walker throwing the head around in an effort to dislodge the Lord of the Sith getting at them would take some agility.

Raziel slashed downwards at the walkers body, but his saber stuck fast. The armour was too thick for him to simply hack through. He pulled his saber free and held it above his head, point downwards. Gathering all of his strength he plunged the saber down into the body of the walker. As the maroon blade plunged into the armour, he felt the resistance give as the blade came out of the other side. The armour plating around the saber started to heat up and glow fierce orange. Raziel had to turn his face away from the intense heat. He heaved on the saber and started to widen the hole he had made.

"Sir, hull breach on our back,"
"Ok, throw 'em off!"

The body of the titan began to lower, it's legs bent at the knee. When the walker could get no closer to the ground it's legs snapped straight, launching itself upwards. Raziel was flung from the body, high into the air. His lightsaber was flung from his grasp and spun through the air ahead of him. He felt himself being pulled backwards, not by gravity, but by Talons will. He hand snapped out ahead of him and grabbed his saber and Talon pulled him back down to the titan. He landed gracefully on the walkers back and resumed cutting through the hull slowly, this time getting a better grip.

Talon, his face creased up in concentration, was ripping a chunk out of the nearby cliff face with the Force. It was dense, strong rock and very hard to break.

Meanwhile Darkhawk had jumped from his current perch onto another laser cannon, he landed with a metallic "clunk" balancing his weight on a metal pole only a foot wide. He swung down with his saber and removed another of the walkers laser cannons. He heard a whistling sound, its volume increasing.

jump sounded Talon's voice, within his mind. Rapidly, he did so. A massive chunk of rock slammed into the right side of the titans head, smashing the whole weapon's assembly to the left. Darkhawk fell down the right hand side of the titans "neck" after the rock. He slashed at the exposed wiring at the base of the walkers head as he fell, sparks and pieces of wiring flew all around him. He landed on the piece of the cliff face that Talon had launched, but quickly sprung onto one of the walkers legs. The Titan's head hung limply from the main body. Darkhawk's saber having severed the power cables.

"Sir the one on our back is still coming through and our we've lost power to our weapons. That impact must have damaged something, do we retreat."

The pilot made no attempt to conceal his anger. "Onwards, we will crush them beneath us! Find the one in black!"

The titan surged forward, having ignored the Jedi Master's presence for a few moments it now headed straight towards him and the Cliffside. Darkhawk clung to the front right leg, slashing at the gaps in the armour plates in an attempt to bring the giant down. Raziel held on for dear life, his incision now almost man-sized.

Talon rose to his feet and stared at the oncoming giant, no hint of fear on his face. only determination.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1084
November 1, 2004 4:50:25 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
"Lightsabers? Where in the devil did the Empire conjure up those archaic relics?" First Lieutenant Markus Dimpa of the New Repblic military could hardly believe his ears. He was leading his 'squad,' comprised of a trio of armored power suits southwest, where reports where coming in of a dozen soldiers dressed in red attacking and decimating the southern garrison.

"I don't know lieutenant, but these aren't ordinary soldiers." Corporal Jameson Junter, one of the marines, responded.

The two Republic soldiers traded skeptical glances. "You don't think..." Junter started, trailing off.

"No...it can't be. The Emperor hunted them all down...but then again, he DID miss Skywalker...so it..."

The lieutenant's sentence was cut short as four laser blasts slammed into his chest. The A-280 rounds, precisely hitting at the same time and place, superheated metal, skin, muscle and bone, exploding out of his back leaving a half meter hole.

A shocked look passed over the lieutenant's face, then his eyes rolled back, and he collapsed to the dirt.

The other two marines turned towards Corporal Junt, who, as the ranking member of the remaining three, had just received promotion to squad leader.

"COVER!!" Junt yelled, willing his huge armored suit towards a nearby boulder. "Loew, Gates, find where that came from."

"There won't be any need for that."

Turning his head, Junt stared straight into the souless black eyes of crimson mask.

"BEHIND" Gates yelled, bringing his energy rifle to bear. He got a bead on his target, when suddenly his rifle began to move on its own. Panicking, the Private hastily pulled the trigger.

A massive energy bolt shot from the end of the rifle...and slammed straight into the back of Corpoal Junt.

Tears welled up in the older man's eyes as his armor vaporized, and his back charred and peeled away. Reaching for his belt, the Corporal tried to grab one of his grenades. If I can just...pull...the pin... Junt's hand reached the frag grenade, only to find that he could no longer move it.

"Now, now, now, let's play NICE" The last word was punctuated by the *snap-hiss* of a lightsaber. The purple blade hesistated only slughtly as it cut clean through the neck of the armor.

"NOOOOOOO!!!" Gates screamed, watching the whole scene unfold as if slow motion. He tried futliy to bring his rifle around, but the damn thing still wouldn't respond to him.

"LOEW!! LOEW!!!" he shouted, turning his head to find the last member of the squad. And he found him...well...half of him at least.

A look of terror was frozen on the young man's face...he had been neatly disected at the abdomen. Turning away from the gruesome scene, Gates blinked away tears.

Four red figures appeared in his tear-clouded vision, and he tried once more to get his rifle to move. Straining against the invisible bonds that kept it motionless, rage built up inside the young private.

The four figures turned as one to face him.

"Wow, he's mad." One of them said.

"I haven't felt hatred like that since...well...ok so maybe like 20 minutes ago." Another responded.

All four chuckled.

"Hey, we're wasting time, just kill him and get it over with." The tallest of the four said.

"Pfft. You Sith have no patience, I thought I would have taught you some when I was your Squad Leader." The one who had spoken second replied. "Ah well, Cy? Shall we?"

The first red warrior joined the second, each igniting their sabers with a *snap-hiss*. Red light mixed with blue as the two sabers came closer to the helpless soldier.

"Trig, release him. At least let him die like a man." The tall one said.

"He's a republic stooge, Phoenix, he doesn't deserve it, but if you two want to have some fun."

Suddenly the invisible wall preventing Gates from moving disappeared. Shock flew through him as his gun swung wildly around. Pressing the trigger, he fired round after round, screaming the entire time.

As the dust settles, the two figures in front of him were gone, and the other two, "Trig" and "Phoenix" were still standing in the same place, laughing.

"Okay, maybe you were right Trig. Hey stooge...Look up." Phoenix said, nodding his head with a grin.

Slowly craning his neck to look above him, Gates had just enough time to see blue and red blades slicing down through the air towards him...the bright light was replaced by pain...then only darkness.

-----------------------
-

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited November 1, 2004 9:02:50 PM)]
Talon
ComNet Overlord

Talon

[VE-ARMY] Surface Marshal
[VE-VEHC] Surface Marshal

Post Number:  1621
November 2, 2004 3:24:33 AM    View the profile of Talon 
Talon raised his A280 and glared at the Titan down the sights.  'These things just don't want to go down.  It only took a couple of logs to destroy ours.' he mused to himself.  He slowly squeezed the trigger and watched as a red bolt sped from the muzzle of the rifle and slammed into the view screen of the walker.  The driver that the shot was aimed at reflexively dove for cover a second too late as the bolt was barely absorbed by the armored view port.  Talon knew the shot would do no good, but he always enjoyed playing with his food.

On the beast's back, Raziel continued to melt a hole in the armor.  His lightsaber superheated the metal to an orange puddle as he worked the blade in a circular motion.  He turned back to look at his work and caught a whiff of the acrid smell of the melting metal.  He hoped it was not toxic as he almost gagged and reflexively took in a deep gulp of air.  Again, the heat was too much and Raziel turned away.  Two red boots touched down on the back of the walker, covering most of Raziel's vision.  The Knight looked up at Talon and nodded.  Backing away, Raziel extinguished his lightsaber and clipped it back to his belt.  Darkhawk landed next to him with a clang and snuffed his saber as well.

Talon stepped toward the glowing pool of armor and extended his will to grab it.  With a mighty shove, Talon sent the molten metal down into the body of the walker and guided it down toward the head.  If the crew were able to scream, no one heard it as the superheated armor smothered them and burned them alive.  Having lost its command to move forward, the walker's legs seized suddenly and the higher mass tipped forward as it jolted to a halt.  All three Dark Jedi that were perched on top were thrown unceremoniously off and over the edge of the cliff.  'Damn.  I should have seen that coming.' thought Talon as he reached out to grab Darkhawk and Raziel.  With a thought, he lifted the three of them back over the cliff and dropped them softly on the ground.

Raziel looked up at the walker, almost expecting to see movement from the six-legged monster as they dashed by.  Ahead of them, the majority of the Order was trading fire with an oncoming squad of New Republic troopers.  The Order had taken cover in a previously dug trench.  The advancing squad took cover behind trees and fire as often as they could while still advancing.  The converging power suit marines also pounded the trench with cover fire, trying to keep the Dark Jedi from dropping more of their comrades.

Talon noticed three Dark Jedi to the northeast.  From what he could see, there were three power suits down thanks to their quick action.  'Trigit.. Phoenix.. Cyanus..' Talon identified the Dark Jedi through the Force.  He noticed another presence in a tree just north of the dug-in Dark Jedi.  'Cosmic.. You might want to get to better cover than that.' Talon projected to the newly promoted Brigadier General.  He raised his rifle and took aim at the closest power suit marine that was directly north of him.  Firing mid-stride, Talon clipped the marine in the left shoulder and dropped him temporarily.  The power suit rolled behind a large rock and disappeared from view.  Soon he, Raziel, and Darkhawk would be grouped back up with the Dark Jedi in the trench and they could begin a proper offensive.

-----------------------
OO/SM Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited November 5, 2004 2:38:45 AM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 8 : The Order's Return  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:50:11 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 107  |  Bots - 2
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >