Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Atraken

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Atraken
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
  RE: Mission: Atraken
July 13, 2003 11:38:00 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Sergeant Major, Jazz and Flame are badly wounded, they need to be evacuated ASAP. Good thing is Darkjedi isn't hurt that bad, he should recover in a day or two." TK informed Demi as he enters the command tent.
"Looks like we need to re-group the Fireteams, but with our condition, I don't think we can..." Shadow Implied.
"Right now the Squad has six people, we have good weapons, but ammunition is running low. Our Repeater Rifle was lost in that ambush, I only have this Thompson and three clips left. All the other troops are rationed to five clips each. LCPL LostSoldier has the only A-280 in the squad. I think I should go check up on the Squad." TK informed again.
Just  as TK turned around, Demi Stood up...
"David, is it? I found this inside one of the TEs, It was held by what I think is the Captain of the crew." Demi said as he showed an Enforcer Slughthrower Pistol.
"Sarge, how do these ancient de-modernized people get a showpiece gun like that?"TK asked.
"That's not the point Sergeant, you said five clips per troops right? Here's A gun and an extra clip. You now, have yourself five clips..."

-----------------------
TRP David "TK-112" Bowman
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army  
TRP/SGT TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Slash
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  33
July 17, 2003 12:06:57 AM    View the profile of Slash 
High above the wasted world of Atraken, a flicker of light came out of hyperspace and resolved itself into a Lambda-class shuttle. Inside were PFC Slash, PFC Luke, a Navy pilot, and a pair of Navy gunners.

Slash walked over to his comrade, who was sitting on an ammo crate. "Hey Luke? you ready? we're gonna be momentarily touching down at the starport so me and you can spot for the Dragoons, and send the shuttle to get 'em."

"Yeah, Slash, i got it. i just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothin, man. It don't mean nothin."

(OOC- my next reply is gonna be full of all sorts of fun info...i just have to think of it)

PFC Slash, Dark Dragoons, who STILL doesn't know how to make his ID line
Slash
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  33
July 17, 2003 12:24:05 AM    View the profile of Slash 
Fifteen minutes later, the Lambda touched down, opening the bow ramp to release its three passengers, being PFCs Slash, Luke, and Mars.

The three men ran down the ramp and took up covering positions, Slash wielding an A280, Luke and Mars with Stormtrooper-II rifles.

Slash spoke first. "OK, guys, as far as they told me, we gotta spot the dragoons, figure their co-ords, send the shuttle, rescue them, and while doing all that, stay alive. Can you handle that?"

"Sure, Why not?", said Luke

Mars answered with a contrite "Whatever."

Slash pulled out his macrobinoculars, scanning for the Dragoons with the high-powered heat sensors.

He was just finishing the first forty degrees of the three-sixty search when a bullet zipped past his helmeted head.

He just had time to rhetorize, "What the...", when the second bullet hit him in the joint where his leg plating met his waist plate.

"OH MY GOD!", Luke cried out, "HE'S HIT!!!!!!!!!"

"Luke...i found them...the Dragoons...at 29.016 degrees lat west, 18.025 degrees long north...send the shuttle, man, AND GET ME SOME MEDICAL HELP!"
Luke
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  9
July 18, 2003 4:33:03 PM    View the profile of Luke 
Luke Radios Lambda. " Lambda Two-Nine Come In. This Is PFC Luke."  " What Is Your Status?" Asks Pilot SP-801. " We've Found The Location Of The Dark Dragoons." Says Luke. " They Are At The Co-Ords Of 29.016 Degreese Lat. West, And 18.025 Degreese Long. North. We've Got Some Bad News Though. While Scouting The Area PFC Slash Got Hit In His Left Leg. We Need Medical Attention At The Starport On Pad Two."
Luke
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  9
July 18, 2003 4:44:50 PM    View the profile of Luke 
"Roger that." says Pilot SP-801. "Well come around to get you after we get the Dragoons." "Great We'll Keep Hidden Untill You Get Here" said Luke. " Aha!" yells PFC Mars. " I've got ya now!" Mars fires a few rounds into an abandoned building killing the one who shot Slash. "Good work." says Slash.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
July 22, 2003 2:27:20 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Kuin had taken a hold of his boredom and had finally decided to do something for himself for a change.  After a 120 credit tab run at the Downside cantina, he was now regretting the decision.  Imperial Center paid well, but with the recent conflict affecting business, all expense accounts would be very, very scrutinized. Plus there was that incessant pounding in his head....

He sat bolt upright on his bunk and clanged his head against the curved bulkhead.  Once the spots started faded he made his way towards the  loading ramp of the Bargaining Chip.  He checked to see who was outside.  Sure enough, it was the mechanic he had befriended thus far beating on the hull with a piece of scrap metal.  Lowering the ramp, he called out.

"Damn Bahna, what's with all the racket?  Can't you just let a guy sleep in?"

The mechanic took a good look at him.  "One.  It's past noon.  Two, I heard about your night at the Downside.  I suggest a trip to the 'fresher when we're done here.  You reek."

Kuin looked down.  Damn, he even passed out with his boots on.  That must have been a long night.  "Well, what brings you out here?  Other than making sure I'm still alive?"

Bahna took a quick glance around, as if anyone could hide on the cracked expanse of ferrocrete.  "There's a report of an shuttle that came down last night. They landed somewhere to the south. I know you swear you aren't with any military unit, but that group of 'prospectors' you came in with didn't look like the real deal to me.  Figured this might be something you'd want to know about."

"Erm...thanks.  I guess that would put the ship near where they would be.  A couple things.  One, who knows about this?  Two, what are they gonna do with that knowledge?"

Bahna shrugged.  "Only the few of us that heard it talked about at the cantina last night.  The Last Resort was a lot quieter than your party.  I doubt the constable will send anyone out unless he feels it necessary.  The outlier mines report nothing strange.  Besides, all the comm chatter was encrypted.  Not a whole damn lot we could do even if someone was crying for help. Not that anyone is happy about it, but we try to keep out of the rest of the universe's problems as much as possible."

Kuin passed along two credit chits to Bahna.  "Keep half of this.  Spread the word to those few that I'd like to keep this quiet.  Also," he paused to pass over a small bag of NR credits, "I am gonna need a fairly large airskimmer and maybe a couple, three guys who can carry a blaster and keep their traps shut.  And if you know a decent medic, get him on retainer."

"Sure Marius, will do your majesty.  And what will you be doing while I am scurrying about?"

"Can it Bahna.  You are doing me a favor and getting a month's pay or better for it.  Besides, a friend of mine told me I needed a shower." With that, he ran back up the ramp, slapping the button to close it on the way.  Bahna started to say something, thought better of it, and headed back to town.
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
July 24, 2003 10:28:04 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"Ahhh . . . damn that hurts!!" Slash said as the medic finished patching his leg up.

"Hey stop complaining, you're lucky that the slug missed your femoral artery by an inch . . . or else you woulda bled to death. "The medic replied back to Slash.

Slash tried to stand up, putting on the pressure on his other leg. The medic gave Slash his shoulder to lean on.

"I wouldn't recommend you walking at all. That wound won't completely heal for a several of days." The medic said.

"Damn it . . . what the hell am I going to do then? I can't even frickin' walk." Slash yelled.

"Don't worry about, you can be the gunner on our ULAV over there." Demi said as he pointed his finger over to the dust covered landspeeder. "You won't be using your leg too much in that."

Demi turned to Kuin. "Kuin, I want to thank you for your help. Thanks for bringing the medic. You know . . . you don't have to come with us on this mission. We can handle this by ourselves."

Kuin let out a small chuckle. "Yeah I can see you can handle this mission pretty well . . . with three of your men dead and two wounded so far. Look, don't worry about it okay? I'll make sure that I get off this damn planet alive. Plus I do believe that you need an extra landspeeder since your other ULAV is gone."

"You do know that Fury will get a mouthful from Cinn if he found out right?" Demi said.

Kuin shrugged. "It can't be helped. If Cinn does find out somehow . . . lets hope he doesn't get too crazy."

Darkjedi grunted as he got up from the ground. "This damn headache is killing me." He began shaking his head, trying to get to relieve the pain.

"And you my friend . . ." The medic said as he pointed his finger at DarkJedi. " . . . ladyluck must have been on your side cause I'm not sure how you could have survived a crash like that . . . unfortunately your buddies I can't say the same. One of them had their neck snapped and the other had his skull bashed."
Everybody fell silent as they gave a moment of silence to Flame and Jazzstratus who died in the ULAV crash.

". . . alright we should get going now. We've got a mission to finish." Demi said breaking the silence. "Okay here are the new vehicle assignment, Shadow, Kjerir, and I will be in the chariot. TK . . . you and Slash will be in the ULAV. Everybody else will be in the air skimmer."

Everybody boarded their designated speeder and began flying towards the reclamation station in formation with the chariot leading. "Okay everybody listen up here's the battle plan.  We're going to charge right towards the station at full speed. TK and Kuin I want both of you to break off the formation once the enemies start engaging us. We'll continue forward until we get the station, then we'll infiltrate and blow it from the inside." Demi said over the comm. System.

"Yeah no problem sarge." TK replied.

"We'll keep the enemies off your tail for sure." Replied Kuin.

The three speeders zoomed towards the station under the cover of night. So far the convey hasn't met any enemy contact.

"Okay the station is right up ahead . . . everybody its show time."

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
-----------------------
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
CM/DJK Demi Wraith/Lion 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
-----------------------
"In my eyes, I see you burning..." -Divinity Destroyed
-----------------------
Mars
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  133
Total Posts:  100
July 25, 2003 12:18:47 AM    View the profile of Mars 
The outline of a large structure grew ever closer in the night.  No detail was emited in the darkness.  The only light showing itself was the glow of the campfires of the enemy soldiers.  While the organics were subdued by the need the sleep, the droid soldiers were very "alive".  They would have no clue of what awaits them in the near future.

The buzz of the repulsorlift drives hummed over the landscape.  As the crafts came closer, Demi ordered, "Ok, let's make this happen.  TK, you take the right.  Kuin, you guys get the left."  The ULAV and air skimmer pulled away from the chariot and take on there designated targets.

Demi drove the chariot and sealed it up against the enterance to the center.  "Kjerir, you stay here while Shadow and I set the explosives,"  Demi ordered.  The two men departed their lone comrade to fend off the soldiers by himself.

Meanwhile...

"Aim for where they'll be... not where they are!" TK yelled over the laser bolts zooming by.  Slash tooking this in and was now picking off more soldiers than ever.  With TK's luck, the camp he was attacking was slightly larger than the one Kuin was attacking.

While dominating the battle, the opponents introduce some heavy blaster cannons.  Half the cannons were completed in assembly and fired at the ULAV, but with its fast movement, the cannons could only get a minimal of good hits in.  "Aim at thos cannons, Slash, they could really do some damage," TK shouted.

"Aye, sir," replied Slash.  Slash openned up and took out half the cannons.  He and TK continued on this their rampage.

"Mars, you take this station, and you, Luke, take this one," Kuin ordered as he pointed to the gunnery stations with his finger.  The skimmer's run was quite simple.  The only opponents seemed to be infantry until Mars saw a small mech walker coming out of a large tent.

"Kuin, sir, we have a walker on the right side," Mars told Kuin.  Kuin swung the skimmer around so the two gunners could get a good aim on it.  Like the two AT-TEs before, this walker had a slow turning speed.  Kuin used this to gain the upper hand.

As the air skimmer ran circles around the walker, its laser bolts cut through its ancient armor plating like a sword in water.  With its legs cut out from under it, the top fell on the ground... right into the volley of laser bolts.  The walker exploded with the pilot inside.  Now it was on to destroying what ever was left for the skimmer.

Back at the reclamation center...

Demi and Shadow find the center of the structure.  All the guards were busy defending the base from the vehicles outside.  Demi bent down to set the explosives and Shadow kept watch.  A few moments later, "C'mon, Demi, let's get outta here," Shadow suggested to the squad leader.

"Awright, go ahead.  I'm almost done here anyways," Demi told the soldier.  Shadow started to run back to the chariot just as Demi stood up.

The two arrived back at the enterance.  Shadow was five meters ahead of Demi and got in the chariot first.  Just as he got his foot inside, a cannon bolt landed just beneath the chariot sending it tipping at a 30 degree angle.  The chariot returned to its regular position with minimal damage, but Shadow and Kjerir had some broken bones.  Demi jumped in and sped away.  "Ok, guys, let's get the hell outta here!"

The two combatants returned to the chariots side as they all rode off with an army chasing behind.  A moment later, a white light flooded the replusor crafts.  When the white light disappeared, as giant cloud of smoke and flame could be seen where the reclamation center used to be.  The center was long gone...

-----------------------
Private First Class Coris "Mars" Swift
-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mars/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
July 25, 2003 8:51:48 AM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"Alright guys we've got one more reclamtion station left to take out, after that our mission will be complete. Form up and follow my lead."  Demi said over the comm system.

The ULAV and air skimmer pulled up next to the chariot as they sped towards their next target. Radio silence was kept through until Demi broke it, "According to the datapads, the upcoming area is flooded with radiation...we gotta swing around it before we can reach the station."

Demi steered the convey around and plotted a huge "u" on the navigation system. Radio silence fell through the convey again as they followed the new path to their target.

Demi turned his head back and looked at his two troops behind him. "How are you guys holding up? Are your wounds bad?"

"...I think my arm is broken..." Shadow replied

"I think a few of my ribs are broken." Kjerri said through his teeth.

"Don't worry guys we'll get you patched up after this mission is done." Demi said.

As they neared the station TK broke radio silence. "Hey sarge are you seeing this outside? Look...dead troops and those huge insect creatures."

As they neared the station more dead bodies, droids, and insects were littered all over the ground.

"I think those guys stumbled upon a diehard lair most likely...and probably firing on them, making the diehards attack back." Kuin said over the comm.

"Diehards? Thats what those things are called?" TK asked.

"Wow would you look at that..." Demi said as he slowed the chariot to a complete stop.

As Demi looked at the reclamation station, diehards swarmed all over as sporadic blaster bolts flew out the dome.

"Looks like there are still some people inside sarge." TK said.

"Not for long, those diehards will get them eventually...so whats our course of action Sergeant Major?" Kuin asked.

"Well...I guess we can let those diehards take care of the rest. I'm not going in their with my troops and risk our lives with those things...I guess I could say mission complete. Now lets get back to the starport and tend to the wounded."

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
-----------------------
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
CM/DJK Demi Wraith/Lion 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
-----------------------
"In my eyes, I see you burning..." -Divinity Destroyed
-----------------------
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
July 27, 2003 10:30:06 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Kuin watched the transport carrying the troopers depart the landing pad.  A smaller shuttle was taking the Imperial Center team back towards Etchik.  Basically, he was left alone without any watchers or people to watch over.  First time in a long time for that.

Technically, all that would change tomorrow anyway.  A ship from Cinn's fleet would be back to take possession of the Bargaining Chip.  As requested, a small freighter from Imperial Center's privateer fleet would be delivered to him so he could get off this rock.  Cinn's people would drop off all of his personal effects and he would officially be working for a legal entity for the first time in his life. 

Strangely enough, all that made him want to do was get a drink.  Thankfully, Bahna still owed him a couple for betting that he wouldn't make it out of the wastelands alive.  All the locals knew of the incident was that some leftover ordinance blew up and harmed some of the prospectors.  No one believed the story for a second and the fact that various Imperial intel teams were still scouring the wastelands searching for the people responsible for rebuilding and reprogramming the war droids didn't give the story any more credibilty.  But he was only tasked to make sure the mission succeeded.  Mission accomplished.

Now it was time for those drinks.

-----------------------
PRF/LG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Atraken  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:54:56 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 241  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >