Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Atraken

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mission: Atraken
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
  RE: Mission: Atraken
May 1, 2003 7:25:04 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Dark Dragoons Mission: Atraken

Type: Desolate Wasteland
Temperature: Cool (from -20 to 25 Centigrade)
Atmosphere: Type III (breath mask required)
Hydrosphere: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Wasteland
Length of Day: 20 standard hours
Length of Year: 304 local days
System: Kattellyn (Parmel Sector)
Star: Kattellyn (yellow)

Moons:
Trilos - primary satellite of Atraken; Atrakenite Guild of Miners is the government in charge of maintaining order on the moon, which has become the last major home to the Atrakenite people
- multiple underground cities house the refugees of the home planet who had nowhere else to go
Doulous - barren moon; slightly inhabited by two underground colonies
Mrykos - barren moon; home to five small mining faciliities

Atraken Basics

Starport Touchdown - main spaceport on Atraken before the Clone Wars.  It has been mostly abandoned but often used by those making planetary shipments.  Do NOT expect any services.

New Atraken City - this was the capital city, the remaining functioning part lies a half kilometer below the surface of the planet and supports a small mining and industrial community.  The aboveground city is devoid of life due to the chemical and biological weapons used against it. Population: 40,000.

Old Mine - The first mine established by the original colonists, it now supports the small manufacturing industry on the planet.  Population: 10,000.

New mines are located through the western hemisphere, composed of pressurized domes which house up to 180 workers.  This is the future of a new Atrakan economy and is about the only thing mostly pacifist locals will fight for.

History:
One of the first battlegrounds of the Clone Wars (News Report), Atraken was bombarded by chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons as poorly supplied Republic forces used every means available to defeat Confederation forces, who responded in kind.  The resulting battles killed over 90% of the local population, leaving the planet a useless shell. 

Most survivors either died from the resultant chaos or went underground.  Others managed to make it to Republic refugee camps, the rest made it as far as the mining colonies on Trilos, where the new peace-loving society emerged.  Staying out of the rest of the Clone Wars, the locals have similarly not taken sides in the recent Civil War, making themselves as isolated and self-sufficient as possible.

Indeed, until the most recent reports of anti-Imperial activity on the planet, no Imperial or New Republic database even showed an inhabited group in the Kattellyn system.  It is hoped that any mission to eliminate the outside presence will be done at the least harm to the local population.  They have suffered enough.

Mission Outline - Atraken

I.  Situation     
A.  Enemy Forces           
(1)  Situation (enemy, weather, and terrain)
    a. Enemy
       Enemy force is three (3) company strength light infantry
       Is augmented by reclaiming old units destroyed during Clone Wars fighting.  This will be primarily Confederation equipment in need of fresh wiring, circuitry, and power.  Armor will be significantly diminished by acidic nature of planetary weather.
    b. Weather
       Though weather patterns have stabilized over the past half century, the planet is still subject to strong storms.  Consider nearly anything to be acidic and poisonous to human life.  Be advised of large pockets of radioactive zones which are to be considered hazardous to all known lifeforms.
    c. Terrain
       Much of Atraken was highly urbanized before the clone wars.  Much of the rest of the planet was composed of highlands and large mountain ranges.  Consider travel to be difficult and tedious through the urban debris fields or through the rocky areas outside of the old cities.
(2)  Capabilities
    Enemy forces are not likely to have support of population any more than Imperial forces.  Consider all Atrakanians neutral. Therefore, opposing forces can only operate out of areas they control, using light infantry and whatever mechanized units they can recover from battlefield debris.
(3)  Probable course of action
    Destroy the enemy's main force and the reclamation station.
B.  Friendly Forces         
    Only known Imperial elements on the ground will be Dark Dragoons squad.   

C.  Attachments 

II.  Mission.  Who, what, when, why, where (coordinates) 
A. Who
Various elements of forces opposing the Vast Empire have been discovered scouring the planet Atraken for parts.  The resultant debris leftover from the Clone Wars battles on this planet have left what has been guessed at anywhere from one to two army corps of automated battle droids, walkers, and fighting vehicles. While none of this is any match for a modern army, it would represent a large occupying army for a lightly armed planet; namely the VE home planets should any of our forces be pulled away.
The goal is to find and destroy those working at two reported reclamation centers and to destroy any means of recovery.  Additional goals are to discover what work has been completed and if any successful units have left the planet.

B. What/When/Where
What success has been made and how long ago were off-planet shipments made and to where?

C. Why
Why Atraken and are there other such efforts on other planets?  Why has such an opposition force grown against the VE?

III.  Execution     
      At the discretion of the squad leader (notes to follow)   

IV.  Service support     
A.  Supply         
(1)  Rations
    One (1) week basic rations per person plus two (2) weeks of squad rations per vehicles.
(2)  Uniform and equipment 
    Standard Imperial armor and weaponry.  Additional armor kits are available as personal protection is mandatory when operating on Atraken.
(3)  Arms and ammunition
    Standard Imperial load X2 to include the following:
-Standard Stormtrooper armor
-Stormtrooper II Carbines
-A-280 Armor-piercing Rifles
-Ration Packs
-Grenades
-Vibroblades

(4)  Captured material 
    To be destroyed on site or loaded onto vehicles.  Allow no Imperial equipment to fall into enemy hands.
B.  Transportation 
    1 (One) LAVr QH-7 Chariot, 2 (Two) ULAVs - to be delivered at predetermined drop location.
C.  Medical evacuation 
    A weekly run has been established to Atraken using an Imperial Center front company.  This is likely the only entry and egress method possible.
D.  Personnel
    Dark Dragoons squad
E.  Prisoners of war 
    Either turned over to local authorities if a crime has been committed or left out in the wastelands.

V.  Command and signal     
A.  Signal         
    To be determined by squad leader 
B.  Command         
(1)  Commander leader location 
    With squad
(2)  Chain of Command
    SGM Demi Wraith, then appointed Fire Team Leaders

Resource material courtesy of:
Star Wars Planet Collection, West End Games, copyright 1994
Star Wars Insider, Issue 67, Paizo Publishing
Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited May 1, 2003 8:54:06 PM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

May 1, 2003 7:51:37 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Continued from the "Shipping Problems" thread if you are that interested (and no, you don't have to be)....

Things had started occuring quickly on Riflor.  First, contacts from the black marketeer Pratari Cinn had found him at a local masseuse operation and rudely enjoyed the first relaxing moment he'd had in months.  The Action V, designated the Bargaining Chip, had taken station in the system and was awaiting orders. 

This was quickly followed by a shipment from VE space of the equipment and gear requested by the Dark Dragoons.  The military freighter met up with its partner craft and transferred its cargo.  The next day the Bargaining Chip showed up on Riflor along with a Luxury 2000 which was still showing its luster. 

After taking on provisions and having both crews run around dropping credits like only prosperous traders - or pirates to be more honest - could, a low-end passenger liner made a quick stopover and dropped off a very ragtag looking bunch of miners.  By the chagrin on his face, Fury could tell that Demi Wraith was more interested in getting this mission on than in play acting.  He watched them get intercepted by one of Cinn's crew and led to their quarters.

"Sad looking bunch of troopers Administrator," Cinn noted from the other side of the table they were sharing.  "A couple of them still look wet behind the ears."

"Yeah, that's attrition for you.  But they'll do okay as long as you can get them there in a hurry."

"You just get them their orders and let them get a good night's sleep.  My people will drop them off in two..three days tops.  From there I assume you will know what to do to retrieve them."

Fury tried to hold back a smile and couldn't quite pull it off. 

"What?"

"You are going to have a crew member of your's jump ship at Atraken.  Let it happen.  Basically I bought out one of your loadmasters and I need him to provide the means for my guys to get off planet."  Looking at the shock and anger on Cinn's face, he continued. "What?  You honestly expected me to let them to go into combat AND fight their way off that rock?  I can't just drop in there in a Star Destroyer and pluck them off the rock. Now can I?"

Cinn took a moment to compose himself.  His lekku were still twitching but his face had stopped contorting in rage. "Who...was...it?" he hissed.

He was going to find out anyway, so why let the interrogations happen.  "Kuin. He really did not want to let you down but I know talent when I see it and you know you are wasting him in his capacity."

Cinn reluctantly nodded at that.  "Fine.  You must've read my mind.  The kid hates to self-promote himself, which is hell in this business.  If you are as loud as you are good you usually end up on the bridge in most outfits.  And that guy would've been a captain by now knowing what he knows."

"And?"  No use souring the deal or getting someone killed over this admittedly underhanded move.

"He's your's.  My mistake for not noticing him until a few months ago.  He must've been waiting for an offer for years now."

"He has.  And believe me, I am only recruiting him for Imperial Center.  It is not like I drafted him for the army or anything."

"You better not," Cinn gasped.  "You put that kid in stormtrooper armor and I will personally find a way to hunt you down."

Some people just couldn't shake their view of the Empire.  "Calm down Cinn.  Hell, let me buy the next round to make it up to you."

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Bargaining Chip left Riflor without event and proceeding on the series of hyperspace jumps that would carry it to Atraken. 

The basic plan was to head towards the surface and drop off the equipment crates outside of the spaceport's perimeter.  From there, the ship would land at the spaceport and off-load the "mining team" the Dark Dragoons would be posing as.  Local arrangements had been made in advance by Cinn's people to outfit the squad with two heavily modified landspeeders which would take them to their equipment and gear.  From there, they would be on their own, with only Kuin back at New Atraken to assist them with any needs until linking up with the scout team.

All in all, a pretty cut-and-dried mission, Fury thought.  Too bad he'd never actually seen one turn out that way.
  -----------------------
PRF/MG Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Stormtrooper Corps Prefect
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited May 1, 2003 7:56:12 PM)]
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
May 3, 2003 7:43:45 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
Demi Wraith kept his eyes on the ground and concentrated on the itch on the back of his neck, he kept scratching until the itch was gone. He was not used to wearing old worn out clothing. But he and the rest of the squad had to do their part by posing as miners, so that they wouldn't draw any unnecessary attention to themselves and the mission.

Demi looked up from the floor and examined each of his troops in his mind. He had a mixture of experienced, inexperienced, and a couple of slacking troopers. Senior Sergeant Shadow was the strong and silent type. A very reliable soldier and veteran on the battlefield, he can hold his own in combat. Corporal Kjerri and Sergeant TK-112, have much potential in them. Each of them has some combat experience. Both of them are good troopers overall. Private First Class Jazzstratus and Serce are both new members of the squad, they just graduated from the academy.  Both are green and have no combat experience.

Hmmm...I might have to assign each one to Kjerri and TK-112, just to show them the ropes.

Demi turned his head to the right and looked at the last two troopers. He let out a sigh and shook his head, they were already asleep. Private First Class Ares and Lance Corporal Flame are the laziest troopers he has seen ever since he became squad leader. Even though they have some combat experience, their attitude and recklessness will get them killed. Demi isn't sure how they could have graduated from the academy.

After Demi examined each trooper, he took out his datapad and reviewed the mission objectives. First the Dark Dragoons are to pick up their squad equipment once they have landed in the starport. Next they are to rendezvous with an Imperial scout team stationed in an abandoned city. Main objective is to eliminate enemy's main force and the reclamation station. After analyzing the mission notes and objectives Demi put away the datapad.

Demi looked at his squad again. I might have to assign Fire Team Leaders for this mission. Hmm...lets see I'll assign TK-112 as one and...lets see...Kjerri as the other. This'll be good experience for both of them. I'll assign Jazzstratus and Ares to TK and Serce and Flame to Kjerri. And as for Shadow he'll be my back up.

Demi got up from his seat and stood in the middle of the room and gave a review of the mission objective and assigned the fire teams. The Bargaining Chip reached Atraken and made its way into the planet's surface. The ship is about to enter the starport and Demi was itching to change back to his stormtrooper armor, he couldn't stand the itching much longer.

Alright guys we've landed, time to get ready for action. Demi said as he got up from his seat. A grin appeared on Demi's face as he walked out the room. It's been awhile since his last mission, he's going to enjoy this mission very much.

[OOC]AWOL troopers are expected to be killed off [/OOC]

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
-----------------------
SL/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
CM/DJK Demi Wraith/Lion 1-5/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
-----------------------
"In my eyes, I see you burning..." -Divinity Destroyed
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited May 5, 2003 9:40:39 AM)]
TK-112
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1086
May 4, 2003 4:43:39 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
[OOC: Is it just me or don't we have enough space in the Vehicles for the whole squad, because 1 Chariot = 3 people, and then the Ulavs have 2 each.

Command Team (DW): -2 people in the Chariot
1st Fire Team (me): - 2 people in the ULAV +1 walking?
2nd Fire Team (Kjerri): Same as above.

we have space for 7 people in our vehicles, but we have eight... /OOC]
  -----------------------
TRP David "TK-112" Bowman
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Squad Leader Assistant
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army
TRP/SGT TK-112/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"A Sergeant without a squad...that is sad..."
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited May 4, 2003 4:45:01 AM)]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

May 4, 2003 7:09:54 AM    View the profile of Fury 
You can CRAM people into the Chariot.  Figure room for an extra four uncomfortable people. And the ULAVs carry three people, also uncomfortably.  Trust me, I've done this before.  If you want, I can change the Chariot to something else that is bigger, but slower.
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
May 4, 2003 7:27:54 AM    View the profile of Talon 
IOC!

-----------------------
OO/GN Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HC-3/VEHC/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GM-SL/KPX "Nightblades"/DC-2/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
CEO Sierra "Talon" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CE Vincent "Claw" Taurus/Endoven/Dome 8457/VEEC/VE
TK-112
ComNet Member

May 4, 2003 2:37:56 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
[OOC: Sory my bad /OOC]

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Squad Leader Assistant
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army
"A Sergeant without a squad...that is sad..."
Kjerri
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  115
Total Posts:  115
May 5, 2003 6:16:09 AM    View the profile of Kjerri 
Kjerri got up off his seat, rubbing his bottom repeatedly in an attempt to try to encourage some kind of feeling instead of the long numb that persisted throughout the entire trip. Maybe next time he would actually move once in a while.

He grabbed his pack and opened it slowly, placing bits of his radio and other equipment he had around him for the journey, into its compartments. Serce, one of the newer soldiers of the squad, quickly approached him, excitedly jumping at his chance for combat.

"When do we go out?" said Serce, "How long till the mission? When can I eat?"

Kjerri zipped up his pack, as if he had not heard the excited soldier. He pulled the strap over his shoulder and turned around slowly to look at Serce for a moment. Serce was about to ask another question when he stuffed a sock in his mouth, patted him on the shoulder and turned to leave, kicking Flame's boot as he passed. Flame awoke suddenly, looked around wildly then realized it was time to leave and rushed to get his things together. Serce rushed to the open doorway as well, spitting out the sock as he saw the first glimpses of the planet from the open doorway. The mission had begun.

OOC: You could cram 100 people into the Chariot. Simply break their arms and legs and fold them in Im sure an extra few people can fit, but it doesn't matter to me. You guys choose.

OCC: [EDIT] Work likes to put " instead of " or ' [/EDIT]

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Kjerri/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [LM]
"I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day...tomorrow isn't looking good either."
[This message has been edited by Kjerri (edited May 5, 2003 6:18:02 AM)]
LostSoldier
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Writer

Post Number:  103
Total Posts:  103
May 5, 2003 11:43:55 AM    View the profile of LostSoldier 
  Lost looked ahead, humming to himself , the musty-heat held by his tank kept a constant sweat running from his forehead, that kept a constant sting in his eyes. As he squinted , he saw no more than a few miles off what appeared to be a vehicle. The thought of seeing his men again, got him chomping at the bit. As he sped in the direction of the vehicle, he noticed it was in-fact. the quite-large Bargaining Chip . He muttered to himself "well this must be them," he was surprised by the sound of a human voice, though even his own he had not heard the sound in days. The anticipation of the presence of others, possibly even someone to help him man the one rusty turreted medium blaster cannon, on his aged Repulsortank, was enough to put a seldom-seen smile on his face. As he neared the vehicle, he wondered, as he so often did, what they would think of him. Them, arriving there in that fancy new ship, they seemed to be the cream-of-the-crop. Whereas he must seem like an old man, gone solo in his old tank too long. His appereance was anything but self-satisfying, he was tired of these itchy, ragged old miner's clothes. He couldn't wait to be cleaned up and put back in uniform. As he stepped out of the tank and hopped down, he first noticed the fresh air, and the long-awaited cold wind to his overheated body. He then noticed Senior Sergeant Shadow looking at him, with a tired, yet happy expression on his face, he walked over to shake his old friend's hand. "Good to see you again" said Shadow, Lost grinned as he replied in turn with the same words. "C'mon now, we better get you back in uniform and de-briefed on current plans. We don't have alot of time". Lost followed Shadow to the giant ship, where in a small locker, was stored his uniform and other private possesions. He thanked Shadow as he walked out to finish getting ready himself. He stood for a minute, holding his uniform, again smiling. He proceeded to get dressed and packed as quickly as possible, the last thing he would want to do is keep the men waiting any longer than necessary. Before he finished getting ready, PFC Serce and Corporal Kjerii both stopped in to welcome him back and offer any possible services, he was thankful for there incouraging attitudes and general helpfullness. By the time he was packed and ready, he walked out only to find everyone standing around, apparently waiting on him and him alone. He began to apolegize, but before he could finish Sergeant TK-112 cut in "No no, it's fine, you just arrived late, welcome back Lost. Now men... we go..."
TK-112
ComNet Member

May 6, 2003 5:49:03 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
[OOC: What team is LostSoldier in? /OOC]

TK stood still while everyone walked out of the room. Demi stopped and looked at his face behind the special issued helmet. TK's face was frozen, as if he was somewhere else, looking at something else.

"TK, are you alright?" Demi asked
No replies came out of TK's mouth only a blank expression in his face.

Demi then walked up to TK and tapped his shoulder, with a sudden response, TK yelled as he pushes Demi down to the ground.

"Aah! Sergeant Major, I am very sorry about that, please forgive me, I was having flashbacks...of the previous missions" TK explained.
"That's ok, since it seems like you did'nt know what you were doing. What...were in the flashbacks if I may ask?" Demi replied.
"Previous mission, Ord Dural, I just realised how I slaughtered those rebels who could've been helped. It was like, I was someone else, someone heatless, I've been having nightmares ever since we arrived back in Tadath. I...I just can't seem to let it go, it's like a growing pain..." TK pointed out.
"Don't let the past get to you Sergeant, keep focused on the mission, stay alive. When we get back to Tadath, we'll get you some consultation." Demi said as he tried to keep the young Sergeant focused.
"Aye Sir, let's finish the mission as quick as possible..."

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Squad Leader Assistant
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army
"Lead, Follow or get the hell out of the way!- General Patton"
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

May 10, 2003 3:46:24 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC]Posting as Kuin[/OOC]

Kuin sat in a booth in the far back corner of the Last Resort cantina.  He had used the front money provided by the local office to purchase an underground repair facility at the starport.  That and some simple household items had provided him a room.  Atraken was not a traveller's paradise and those boasted not even one hotel.  Apparently you were supposed to stay in your ship or just leave as soon as possible.

This was not entirely an option he was beyond considering. Then again, he had not left Cinn's organization without a good reason.  Being basically on the run from every legal authority had its disadvantages, no matter how well his former employer took care of his people.  After awhile it was good to have a home that, aside from natural accidents, was likely to stay in the same place for awhile.  Eventually, if he did well, he would get that chance with Imperial Center.

For now though he had to stay in rubble-strewn Outer Rim hellhole like this place where the only safe way to live was underground like profoggs.  At least he wasn't up amongst the storms like the troopers he had come in with.

Now THAT was a strange ride.  Coming down on the Bargaining Chip and getting his last credit slip from Cinn's accounts, then offloading with the mix of green and highly cynical veteran stormtroopers...all miserable without their armor on.  Their mood had improved when forced to don protective suits and helmets...something about feeling naked without a layer of Impervium or something armor-plated.  Freaks.

Then they met up with the local cutouts hired by IC, as well as the grizzled old trooper driving that old wreck of a repulsortank.  At least it seemed to be a wreck until he powered it up.  The armor might be scored and the weapons and navigation systems sloppy, but he had managed to make that sucker purr like it had just left the factory.

After provisioning, it took the better part of a day to make the 30 klick journey through the ruined landscape to the crates dropped by the ship on the way in.  Kuin and the two locals waited until the squad had checked out an okayed their vehicles and headed out to rendevous with the Imperial scout team.  SGM Demi Wraith had slid him a datacard with some instructions that he wanted prepared before the squad's return.  Then the trio manned their landspeeders and headed back to New Atraken City while the squad went about their business.

Kuin had finally left the duo of IC agents to their own devices and headed to here, the nearest cantina, to read his datacard and ponder his life's decisions in private.
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited May 10, 2003 3:47:05 PM)]
Serce Cannonn
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  2
May 11, 2003 11:35:57 AM    View the profile of Serce Cannonn 
Serce was slightly excited, but growing up with Snipes had tought him not to get his hopes up and patients was a virtue. Serce thought back to his life on Correlia with Snipes, as kids and later adults they had always got along, thier only real diffrence was Serces prefrence of close combat skill and Snipes Marksmen Skills. As the transport/tank bumped along he looked aroun the insides, Kjerri was sitting as far from every1 as possible, wich was about 2cms, and looking at the wall, from the way the others had been talking this was only his second mission, but Serce couldnt realy talk, this was his first. Serce looked over at Flame, Serce hadnt tlked to him much either. Serce wasnt Calvery by choice, they had had empty spots here so this was wher he was, he woulda ratherd been with his Bro, but just as well, Snipes needed some room.

OOC:G2G parents home/OOC
TK-112
ComNet Member

May 17, 2003 6:02:26 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
The ULAVs hovered slowly, cautiously scouting the perimiter. Fire Team 1 which consisted of SGT TK-112, PFC Ares and PFC Jazzstratus lead the convoy, to alert the group of any danger.

"Uuh, Sarge..." Jazz whispered onto his comlink.
"Aye PFC?" TK replied.
"According to the radar, there are some kind of...creatures about two clicks away from here..." Jazz pointed out.
"Aye an-what the hell? this place in un-breathable without some kind of air purifier!" TK said in a suprised manner.
"Yes sarge, but these..."things" are moving in closer, from the rear" Jazz informatively replied.
"Ares, can you see anything?" TK asked.
"Not that I can see of sarge, oh wait I think I see something, Sarge, they're similar to spiders, we should call for back up." Ares replied.
"No, if they come, the whole squad will be screwed, Jazz, tell them to re-route. I'll move us out of here." TK ordered.
"Aye Sarge, Chariot one this is FT1-Stratus, do you copy over" Jazz whispered onto the comlink.
"This is CH1-Shadow, what's going on PFC?" Shadow replied.
"Sergeant, path one is not open, we detect spider like creatures, tell the Sergeant Major to re-route the convoy. We'll get back to you soon, over" Jazz briefed.
"Where's your Sergeant PFC?" Demi asked
"He's trying to get the ULAV out of immediate danger Sergeant Major!" Jazz replied.
"Well quit waggerin your ass and get him on!" Demi ordered.
"Yes Sergeant Major!" The young PFC replied.

The ULAV sped out at it's maximum capability, at TK's maximum capability. He was only given basic training for speeders and would much rather be in walkers, but the situation is critical. With Ares firing rounds at every turn. With every rounds missing the targets at every shot. The team finally made it back to the convoy without being harmed...

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Squad Leader Assistant
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army      ,,,,,
"The VE's youngest member d-_-b"
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

May 28, 2003 8:28:09 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
[OOC] Sorry for the long wait, work was hell this past week. Oh and LostSoldier is in the Chariot with me and Shadow. [/OOC]

"Hey Sarge, what were those bugs anyways? I've never seen bugs that can live in this type of atmosphere." TK-112 asked over the comm.

"I believe the locals call them "diehards". Apparently these bugs somehow evolved and can unprotected on the surface. You guys are lucky you out ran them cause they're powerful enough to chew through the armor on your ULAV." Demi replied.

"Oh, well i guess we got off lucky."TK chuckled.

Demi looked down at his datapad and scanned the data. They were about one kilometer from the abandoned city where they will rendezvous with a squad of scout troopers and two squads of regular stormtroopers.

"Alright boys we're almost there. Once we get to the city we're gonna be hooked up with two additional squads of stormtroopers for the assault on the Reclaimation Center. Also there's gonna be a squad of scout troops, they're gonna give us info on enemy locations, strentgh, and maps of the Reclaimation Centers."

"I don't see any of our guys yet." Kjerri said.

"They're waiting for us deeper in the city, they can't be on the outskirts or they'll risk being detected by the enemy." Demi replied back.

When the convoy was deep enough in the city Demi ordered the landspeeders to a complete halt. From here on in the Dark Dragoons will walk to their rendezvous point with the troops. Demi had a bad feeling looming about him. He checked and rechecked his datapad to make sure they were going to the correct direction. So far they haven't seen anybody here. They continued walking.

Just then Demi saw a scout trooper laying on the floor. Demi ran to the trooper and crouched down to the soldier. He could see that trooper was dead, various carbon scorches were on the armor of the scout. Apparently this trooper was shot to death.

Demi put his hand on the scout's forehead and stretched out with the Force. In a flash, a flood of images flew into Demi's mind. Images of troopers and droids fighting each other. The enemy forces had ambushed them. Demi took his hand off the forehead of the scout.

"Everybody stay on guard. Spread out and look for survivors." Demi ordered.

"So what did you see?" Shadow said calmly.

"The enemy knows we're here. We have to move quickly before they find us. Everybody listen up, we've got to get outta here ASAP, so pickup whatever data you can from the dead scouts." Demi said over the comm.

This was not going to be an easy mission as Demi thought it would be.

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited May 28, 2003 8:30:56 PM)]
LostSoldier
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Writer

June 1, 2003 11:59:26 PM    View the profile of LostSoldier 
Lost came to a stop a few feet behind Demi_Wraith and Shadow, trying desperately to catch his breath without anyone noticing how truly out of shape he was. "Guess i've spent too many years in that tank" he muttered to himself. As soon as he began to catch his breath and gather his composure ... he heard Demi --
  "Everyone spread out! Keep your gaurd up, looks like we're in a hostile area here..."
Lost's first reaction was that there was enemy approaching. He readied his gun and himself immidiately and crouched down in preperation for an attack, as he had so many times before. After looking around, and hearing nothing but silence ... he realized that they were in no immidiate danger.
He turned to Shadow, "What's going on?". "That's going on" Shadow replied as he pointed to the dead scout.
Lost didn't move, he didn't even lose a breath. He had seen unfortunate men such as this one too many times in his day... He was completely unphased.
  "Well, what do you think happened ?" Kjerri said in a nervous tone. "I don't know exactly, a battle with droids --." Replied Demi in a stern, yet shaken voice. "All I know is that we're obviously in hostile territory and need to find the two other squads ASAP." Lost nodded in agreement as he took out his canteen and took a few swigs, proceeding to poor a bit on his face.
  "Alright men, let's MOVE OUT!" yelled Demi. Lost immidiatley grew weary at the mere' thought of more running. But he strapped his canteen back on and slowly got into the well-known fast paced jog. As he was running, Lost realized that he had a nervous feeling in his stomach, felt "uneasy" about the whole situation... Though relatively quiet and fairly shy, Lost almost always held high confidence during missions, this was the first time in a long time he had a bad feeling about a mission... and it had him a little edgy. But as he ran, he thought to himself; "Nah... Nothing will happen, with our group of soldiers, intel, and mobility, I'm sure nothing will happen..." He soon convinced himself out of worrying about the matter and began to refocus his thoughts on his loss of breath and cramps in his sides. But as he ran more and more with the squad, he realized that the "bad feeling" was still there...

-----------------------
TRP/LCP LostSoldier/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

June 11, 2003 6:51:02 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
The entire squad cautiously spread out and began looking for the datapads from the scout corpses. Each squad member went off in their own direction carefully scanning each dead troop but still keeping their senses on high alert.

"Alright boys, once you find a datapad report back here immediately, I want us to get out of here ASAP. I'm pretty sure there are still some lingering enemy forces around here." Demi said with a firm tone in his voice over the comm.

After about ten minutes of searching Shadow, TK, Kjerri, and Lost came back with datapads. Flame and Ares were still looking for any missing datapads.

"Flame, Ares I think we have enough datapads, you guys report back here now. We're leaving soon." Demi said.

"Yeah, yeah coming back boss." Replied Flame.

"Hold on Sarge I think I found one more. Gimme a sec to get it." Ares said.

"Alright then, hurry it up." Demi replied.

Ares looked at the body of the dead scout trooper. He crouched down right next to the dead body and began prying the datapad out of the scout's hand. After a few grunts and hard pulls Ares successfully got hold of the pad.

"I got it Sarge, I'm coming back now."Ares said.

"Unknown target approaching...scanning target.....target identified. Target is hostile Stormtrooper...switching from sentry mode to combat mode. Disabling target..."

Ares let out a blood curdling scream as a red laser bolt shot through his Stormtrooper armor and into his left leg. Ares collapsed on his left leg.

"What the hell happened?! Ares respond!" Demi yelled over the comm.

"Sarge I'm shot in the leg! I'm trying to get back up..." Ares let out another scream as a second bolt shot through his right leg.

"Ares! Don't move and stay down! We'll come and get you! Men, follow me we got a man down!" Demi yelled.

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
TK-112
ComNet Member

June 27, 2003 2:41:27 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Argh, **** son..." TK muttered to himself.
"Ares, just lay down and pretend to be dead" Demi ordered.

The squad moved swiftly through the ruins of this abandoned town. One by one, covering each other, as if they were playing leap frog. Finally they came to a stop.

Ares was laying down in the middle of the town square, surrounded by buildings.

It was layed out like an entrance way.

|        |
      |        |[T]
  ----        ----
  /               
|        x        |
                  /
----          ----
    |===    |
    |  S      | [T]

Legend
--------
[T] Tower
== Sandbags
S    Squad Position
x    Ares

There are two towers overlooking the area, the squad is starting to think that there is a sniper positioned in the opposite tower.

After a while, DW finally decided that the squad rescues Ares.
Or at least get him out of there...

"TK, do you think you can get up that tower and provide us some cover while we get him out?" DW asked.
"Well Sarge, it's hard to say, i'm not a sniper..." TK replied.
"I'm not asking you to snipe anything, maybe open fire at that other tower, keep that sniper busy..." DW pointed out
"I should be able to that...." TK mumbled
"Good, take your fireteam two and Lost with you, we'll move as soon as you start firing." DW ordered.
"OK, FIRETEAM 2 LISTEN UP! Weapons on me! Lost, you're coming with us!" TK ordered.

"Yes sergeant" they whispered.

The team went up the set of stairs, slowly getting tired after every step. After about three minutes of running, they've finally gotten into the half-way point.

"I can barely see the sniper..." Serce mumbled.
"Well keep going up" TK ordered.

The Fireteam started running again, with LostSoldier falling behind.

"You two go up and secure the area, Lost you ok!?" TK said
"Yes, I'm fine, been a while since i ran like this." Lost replied.

After another three minutes of hard sprinting the Fireteam finally reached the top. They can see the enemy sniper, clearly. Luckily, the sniper is surveying the ground and not the other tower.

The Fireteam got their weapons ready...
"Ok, listen up, keep your pressure at that tower over there until the Sergeant Major is safely back in his position, don't slack off, I want fire superiority!" TK briefed out

The fireteam opened fire at the command, in the same time, DW also deployed a smoke screen in the town square, completely engulfing the area in smoke.

After about thirty seconds, DW finally gave the signal that we are pulling back...temporarily...

The squad pulled back to a building around five hundred meters from the town square.
TK and Shadow was inside a room trying their best to treat Ares. DW came into the room...

"How is he?" he asked.
"No hope Sarge" Shadow replied.
"Hmm, He was pretty good in his last days" TK said.
"Well boys, these are fine men we're serving with. Without them, you just won't survive in these battlefields." DW pointed out.
"Yes Sarge, so what'll be of our next move?" TK asked.
"Well we can't really move on, that square is our only "safe" path. But, with that sniper hanging on, we just can't push on" DW briefed them.
"Damn that sniper, there's got to be a better way..." TK mumbled
"Well Sarge, since we have some A-280s, why don't we just open fire at him, since the bullets will go through the wall it's bound to hit him." Shadow suggested.
"Good thinking, I'll take the command team up that tower, From there we'll start opening our gates, all A-280s are on me" Shadow said.
"Aye, Fireteam one and two will come with me to the other tower. Once we get there, Fireteam two will guard the other side of the square while my Fireteam goes up that tower, frag it, and clear for anything else that survived in there" TK said.
"Good, I'll keep fire supperiority while you guys cross" Shadow replied.

|=          ||/
      |2    [1->|[S]
  ----      ----++
  /  ()            +
|        ()      | +
      ()  ()      /+
----          ----  +
    |===    |    +
    |          |    [C]

Legend
--------
[S] Sniper
== Sandbags
[C]Command Team, on tower
2  Fireteam two
1->Fireteam one, advancing
|/ Opposition Tower, Frag target
++ Fire Superiority Target line
()  Possible Opposition Sniper hot targets.
  -----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Squad Leader Assistant
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited July 6, 2003 5:52:12 AM)]
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

July 7, 2003 4:33:21 AM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
The command team entered the tower and got into firing position. Demi, Shadow, and Lost had their A-280 blaster rifles aimed towards the opposition tower, where the sniper was hiding out. While Fireteams one and two moved into their designated areas.

"TK is your team in position?" Demi asked.

"Yes sir, just give us the order and we'll move in." Replied TK.

Demi nodded his head towards Shadow and Lost. All three troops began firing at the opposition tower. TK and Jazz kicked down the door to the tower and began making their way towards the top. They kept their guard up just in case enemy soldiers were waiting for them.

"Cease fire!" Demi yelled. Both Shadow and Lost stopped shooting at the tower. Demi took out his binoculars and took a closer look at the tower. The tower was littered with holes from the barrage of blaster shots from the command team.  Demi pushed a knob on the binoculars to zoom in further. The sniper in the tower was nowhere in sight.

TK and Jazz at last reached the top of the tower. TK looked around and saw the sniper on the ground. TK drew a surprised look on his face, the sniper was a droid. TK walked towards the droid and squatted next to it trying to examine what kind of droid it was. Jazz squatted next to TK and said, "It looks like a battledroid."

"Lets report this to Demi." TK said as he got back up.

"Hey Sarge the sniper was a battledroid." TK said over the comm.

"A battledroid?" Demi repeated. Demi pondered at this new information. "Alright men lets regroup to the landspeeders."

All three teams regrouped back at their landspeeders. Demi took out the datapads and passed it around to his troops to see.

Demi began briefing his troops, "As you can see our first objective is about forty kilometers northeast from where we current are. Here, here, and here is where the enemies are positioned. They pretty made a barrier around the reclamation center. Here's the plan, first we camp out at one of the mining camps, which is here, about twenty kilometers from our position. Then from their we go another twenty kilometers east to the reclamation center. By following this route we'll only encounter two of the enemy positions. Once we get to the center, we've got to destroy it quickly, if not the other enemy units will come to assist and that'll bog us down. After the first objective is complete we'll head back to the starport for resupplies for the second objective. Alright men lets move out."

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
TK-112
ComNet Member

July 7, 2003 7:05:20 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
After the recent happenings, Fireteam one only has two troopers. A Sergeant and his PFC, It was the Sergeant's second mission, and the PFC's first...

The Squad assembled near their vehicles, Demi was already inside the chariot.

"Hey Jazz, don't tighten the cannon, we'll bring it along next time we get into action." TK Ordered.
"Err, Sarge, would'nt it be a bit to heavy to carry around?" The young PFC asked.
'Son, I had to carry an MRB-10, during a two clicks Trench Assault. And I had to srpint throught the damn trenches while opening fire. But that's Ord Durral" TK chuckled.
"We're moving in Five minutes everyone, Five Minutes!" DW informed through his ComLink.
"Ok, everyone, Equipment Check!" TK sounded off.
"Corporal 2, Is Ready!" Kjerri shouted.
"PFC 3, Is Ready!" Jazz shouted.
"Lance Corporal 4, Is Ready!" Serce shouted.
"SERGEANT 5, IS READY!" TK shouted.
"Lance Corporal 6, Is Ready!" Lost shouted.
"S-Sergeant 7, Is Ready!" Shadow shouted.
"Lance Corporal 8, Is Ready!" Flame shouted.
"S-Sergeant 9, Is Ready!" DJ shouted.
"All right get your ass onto your Vehicles!" TK ordered.

"yes Sarge!"

Just as they were about to mount their vehicles,
A flash came from the town striking TK's hand.
With an instantanious timing the squad began firing back.

"Everyone seize fire!" Shadow shouted.
"Argh crap!" TK grunted.
"Are you ok?" Shadow asked.
"Yeah, but my gun's not..." TK replied as he pointed towards the hole in his gun.
"The man has been caught sergeant" Kjerri informed.

TK looked up and saw boy, about sixteen years old, wearing a rugged brown uniform. a metalic vest, a helm and a really old breath mask.

"He was equipped with this Sarge" Kjerri said as he handed over a gun.

The gun was old...
It wasn't  a blaster, it was like, a very old slugthrower, that can fire very fast.

"What do you call this gun son?" TK asked
"Thompson SMG..." He replied
"I'll be keeping this for a while then..." TK mumbled
"Errr. Sarge, Here are some ammunition for that weapon" Kjerri informed as he handed over ten clips.
"This should do me for a while, take him to the Sergeant Major, see what he wants to do with this guy...And Corporal, you are very informative today" TK said

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army 
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited July 7, 2003 2:06:21 PM)]
Serce Cannonn
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  2
July 7, 2003 3:08:47 PM    View the profile of Serce Cannonn 
Serce looked around as he watched Kjerri walk the boy the fifteen feet to Demi Wraith

"wonder wher that kid dug that up?"Lost commented
"dunno, it looks pretty, well old"Serce replyed"but then again i like knives so i suppose his weapons more modern than mine"
"knives eh?"
"ya"
"what are you doing in the Calvarly then?"
"ther was room"
"oh. I see."
"its fine though, my dad used to have me drive the equipment around on his Vinyard"
"your Da' had a Vinyard?"
"ya, lived on Correlia"
"Stop your yackin and load up!" Tk yelled
"i guess thats our Que"Serce said under his breath
Lost just chuckled under his breath so TK wouldnt see them
TK-112
ComNet Member

July 8, 2003 6:33:30 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Oi Kjerri bring me that Heavy Repeater Rifle while you're there!" TK ordered.

After about three minutes everyone was ready except for TK and Jazz. They were trying to get the cannon off and replacing it with the repeater  rifle.

"Sergeant, we can't waste anymore time!" Demi spoke onto his Comlink.
"Sergeant Major, we might have some problems with the ULAV, please do go ahead, we will catch up as soon as possible" TK replied.
"Roger That, but get your butt out of this area as soon as you got it under control" Demi ordered.
"Yes Sergeant Major" TK replied.

It took the two a while to finally get the ULAV's weapon control to work with the rifle. with the Rifle on the back and an extra cannon on the front. They sped off to catch up with the Squad.

"Hey Sarge, isn't that mine far" Jazz asked.
"I wouldn't say far, but it's around 20Kms" TK calmly replied.
"Looks like we've got a bit of catching up to do Sarge." Jazz informed.
"Aye, what! the they can't go that fast!" TK shouted in a surprised manner.
"Well Sarge, they're about 40 clicks  near the mine. While we are 60 clicks behind them" Jazz informed again.
"Urgh, If I go any faster i'll overburn the fuel again." TK replied.
"Should we call for them to wait up Sarge?" Jazz asked again.
"No, we can't stop the convoy like that...."TK replied.
  -----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army 
[This message has been edited by TK-112 (edited July 8, 2003 11:50:27 AM)]
Mars
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  133
Total Posts:  100
July 8, 2003 10:12:56 AM    View the profile of Mars 
The convoy is on the move.  Demi ordered the vehicles to move at eighty-percent speed in order for TK and Jazz to have a chance to catch up.  Lost and Shadow are anxious to get back to full speed so they all glare at Demi.

"Ok, ok," Demi says to his men as they wait for him to do something about the situation.  Demi takes out his comlink from his pocket and radios TK, "Sergeant, what is your current location?"
"Uh, Sergeant Major, I believe we are fifty clicks behind you," TK replied with uncertainty.
"Well, I'll give you forty-five more minutes to figure out something before I order the vehicles back up to full speed," Demi said with a cautious tone.

The two in the left-behind ULAV can do nothing but trek on.  After five minutes, a tired express comes over both troopers until Jazz gets an idea.

"Sarge, why not reroute some power to the propulsion?  We don't need some of these systems right now so can't we redirect them, it should give us some extra speed," Jazz said with enthusiasm.
"That just may work, Jazz.  Get started on it."

After tinkering around with all the unnecessary systems, Jazz finally gets more power to the propulsion.  The two now shift their concentration on rejoining the convoy.

"Times almost up, sir," Lost tells Demi.
"Yeah, I know," Demi replies as he looks out the window.  "What's this..." Demi get a pair of binoculars, "it's them, they're coming! Stay at this speed until they catch up."  Demi shows a sign of relief.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Mars/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
LostSoldier
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Writer

July 8, 2003 1:33:01 PM    View the profile of LostSoldier 
Lost looked over at Demi in surprise. "Yeah, that's them. Keep speed constant" Demi yelled over the roar of the Chariot.
Lost moved carefully past Demi to the window, "What's that ? Is that the standard-issure Blaster Cannon?" Demi moved beside Lost and stared intently at the craft, "no, no it isn't, looks like a smaller gun of some sort. Eh... possibly a repeater rifle?" Lost nodded in agreement, "yeah, that's what it looks like from here."
The men waited for a minute before TK-112 and Jazz came speeding up to the right side of the chariot. The rest of the ride was un-eventful and semi-boring for the men. Upon there arrival at the Mines, the men jumped up anxiously, ready to depart the Chariot. Demi stood up, "Ok men, everybody listen up. This area has not been pre-identified yet, it may or may not be hostile. But I want you all to stay alert and ready out there, stick to your formation until I say otherwise - I don't want to lose any men to an ambush."
The men gave a hearty "whooah!" as the ships door lowered, within a second each man was pushed out of the ship by the man behind him.
Lost ran as fast as he could about 15 meters out to the Northeast to assume his position on the formation, currently forming a make-shift perimeter around the craft and keeping an eye out for any signs of threat. After a few seconds of shouting back and fourth, and the soldiers probing the immidiate area, TK yelled, "I think we're ok, I don't see any signs of danger here. Demi, you see anything?" Demi, about 30 or 40 meters west, paused for a second, taking a second scan around the area, "No, noone's around, we're ok, everyone fall back!"
Lost, relieved due to the lack of any hostile activity, safety'd his gun and jogged slowly backwards to the center of the previously-established perimeter, where Demi was already standing. As the men came running in, Mars asked "Sir, what do we do now?" Demi, again paused a moment, "well, I suppose we'll stay here for the night, not much else we can do. Let's go ahead and setup a small perimeter, and get to rest. Lost and Jazz, you two have first watch tonight."
"Yes sir!" Lost replied, followed by a grumble under his breath. He had been awake for nearly 40 hours now, worked all day, and wasn't too thrilled at being the first to stay awake, but he was relieved at his chance to sit down and relax for a while.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by LostSoldier (edited July 8, 2003 1:34:35 PM)]
TK-112
ComNet Member

July 8, 2003 2:14:44 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Errr Sergeant Major?" TK asked.
"Yes Sergeant?" He Replied.
"Lostsoldier isn't fit enough for this watch, it's his first mission. So maybe I can take over for him?" TK informed.
"Up to you, as long as there's two people on the watch tonight." Demi chuckled.

TK and Jazz had positioned themselves in a small hill overlooking the camp site. TK had deployed the Heavy Imperial Repeater Rifle that he placed in his ULAV for quick take outs in case the enemy ambushes them again.

TK was scanning the area with the rifle, while Jazz who was armed with an A-280 scanned the area with it's scope...

"See anything? TK asked
"Nope, not a thing..." Jazz tiredly replied.
"Keep scanning soldier..." TK mumbled.

Suddenly the ground shook.
Jazz scanned the area, then he saw two walkers of some sort, with about two platoons of light infantry.

"Oh crap, Sarge look at this, 5 clicks to the north!" Jazz shouted.

TK quickly took out his binoculars and saw the enemy, they were advancing.

"It looks like an attack, Put your fire on those damn walkers!, Lemme handle the troops." TK ordered.
"Yes Sarge!" Jazz replied as he started firing rounds.
"All personel, we are being attacked! Fireteam two, get your ass up here with those A-280s!" TK shouted onto his Comlink.
"What are we facing Sergeant!?" Demi asked in a surprised manner.
"Sir, we've got two platoons - Light Infantry, and two AT-TEs, they look like that they're about 50 years old...it's really old..." TK informed.

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army  
LostSoldier
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Writer

July 10, 2003 10:28:17 AM    View the profile of LostSoldier 
Lost hadn't been asleep for more than half an hour when all of the sudden, Jazz jumped on him, "Lost, wake up, we got heavy enemy contact coming from the Northeast." Stirred, confused, and hardly awake, Lost grabbed his weapon and came running to the northern perimeter along-side Jazz. Within a minute or so of spamming at the enemy due to lack of light to better show the enemys whereabouts, Demi came running up from East, "Ok, they're moving up as one group. We need to move out to spread firepower on them." He then ran back and talked with TK for no more than 30 seconds before TK came running back up to the line, "Ok, I need two men with A-280's! Eh... Lost, Kjerri, come with me!" TK motioned for them to follow as he ran East, "Ok heres the deal, there staying as one group as they're moving up toward us, we need to try and move up there right flank and see if we can't get some firepower on them from the side. Hopefully it'l slow them down and maybe we can take down one of those AT-TE's." Both men nodded in agreement as they ran with TK. It wasn't more than 20 seconds after leaving the group that Lost heard the first "whisp" of a bullet zoom past his head, he would have been scared had he had time to think. After moving about half a kilometer up there flank, they came on a rocky area, "Ah, great place for cover" said TK, "ok now men, keep alert, if we're close enough to shoot them, they're close enough to shoot us. Conserve ammo if possible, only shoot at what you can hit and make it count. Seeing as the rest of the men have cover over there, the infantry probably won't propose a serious problem, it's the two AT-TE's that we need to focus on - comprehend?" "Yes sir!"

-----------------------
TK-112
ComNet Member

July 10, 2003 12:25:10 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
"Sergeant, I need Corporal Kjerri with his A-280 down here, we need more men!" Demi ordered through his comlink.
"Kjerri, get your ass down to the Sergeant Major, he needs more men" TK ordered.
"Yes Sergeant!" Kjerri replied as he runs back to the campsite.
"Sarge, he's on his way" TK informed through his comlink.

The two men can see the enemy troops clearly, they were lucky that the enemy does not know that they are overlooking them. But it is'nt the same for the others though.

"Ei Lost, normal plan - you concentrate fire on those damn Walkers, I'll keep those droid...men errr.. people busy." TK told Lost.
"Can I throw my grenade?" Lost asked.
".........Of course!" TK replied.

It was raining bolts of laser when TK started to open fire with his repeater. About two squads of battledroids have been eliminated  from his bolts. But the AT-TEs are still standing, Marching towards the camp site.

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army  
Mars
ComNet Initiate

July 10, 2003 1:25:46 PM    View the profile of Mars 
Disregarding all blaster fire, the two AT-TEs approach ever closer to the squad's camp.  Sniping from a near-by hill, TK tries to draw all the enemy infantry over to them to give the rest of the squad every last second to prepare the ULAVs.  TK picks off the enemy soldiers with relative ease as Lost does everything he can to destroy the AT-TEs.  With the warmachines drawing nearer, the ULAVs are finally ready for combat.

"Sergeant, we're ready to take off for the flanking positions, keep the infantry off us," Demi yells over the roar of the engines as the ULAVs embark.  On the move, Demi notices the slow turn speed the the AT-TEs and orders his men to open fire on them.

Volley upon volley of laser bolts pound the hulls of the relics.  Unable to take anymore abuse, the hull tears open on one of the AT-TEs exposing the fuel cell.  A random shot leaves the barrel of a blaster and screeches towards its undetermined target.  Traveling straight through the mess of enemy soldiers, the bolt strikes the fuel cell and the AT-TE expodes in a black ball of smoke and flames.

Only one AT-TE left to deal with...

-----------------------
TK-112
ComNet Member

July 10, 2003 3:07:57 PM    View the profile of TK-112 
Realising it's counterpart's defeat, the other AT-TE fired a shot which landed at TK's ULAV which was at that time manned by Jazzstratus, Flame and Darkjedi. TK watched as the vehicle which he is starting to like flew back on the impact of the blast.

The command ULAV took this time to speed through the first platoon of light infantry with ease. Lost and TK kept on firing, but this time - they both concentrated their fire on the AT-TE to both, gain it's attention and buy some time for the ULAV to gain it's altitude and do a firing run the the walker.

"****! that walker is aiming at us!" Lost shouted.
"Jump Corporal!" TK ordered.

The two troopers jumped out of the hill which they hid in. The AT-TEs bolt came soon afterwards, missing them by a mere couple of metres.

As soon as they landed TK quickly got his Thompson out and poised his finger for anything that comes to attack.

"Urgh, damn that hurts" Lost grunted.
"Where's your gun?" TK asked.
"Up there Sarge, all I have is my damn Vibroblade which I doubt I can kill anything with" Lost replied.
"See those dead bodies there" TK said while pointing out to some corpses.
"Yeah?" Lost replied while he shrugged his shoulders.
"You won't really be seen by the enemy if you stay down, go find a replacement" TK briefed out.
"Errr..ok...."Lost hesitantly replied.
"Go I'll cover you" TK whispered.

-----------------------
Sergeant - SIG NAZI
Assistant Squad Leader
1.2SQD Vast Empire Army  
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

July 11, 2003 8:28:41 AM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"God damn it!" Demi yelled as he saw the other ULAV tumble into the ground.

Demi steered the craft towards the other AT-TE. He began lining up for a strafing run and armed the concussion grenade launchers.

"Shadow I want you to continue taking out those druids, I'll blow out the legs of that AT-TE with the concussion grenades. That ancient walker won't be able to withstand the explosion." Demi said.

Shadow nodded his head and replied, "I gotcha Demi." He swiveled the gun turret towards the droids and waited till they were in range to fire.

Demi adjusted the angle of attack as the ULAV sped closer towards the AT-TE. Demi pressed the trigger and two concussion grenades were spat out of the concussion tubes. As soon as the grenades were launched Demi pulled the craft hard to the right, avoiding collision with the AT-TE.

The grenades exploding on their mark. The front right leg was totally destroyed and the left front and rear right legs were damaged from the explosion. The AT-TE hull began creaking as the legs started twisting and bending. The aging walker slowly began falling head first towards the ground as the legs began to give way. As soon as the legs snapped the entire walker fell to the ground immobilized.

Demi turned the ULAV back towards the downed walker and began firing his laser cannons. The laser shots pierced the fifty year old hull like a knife through hot butter. The AT-TE instantly exploded into a fiery ball of fire. Large chunks of hot steel flew everywhere from the walker, taking out many of the battledroids near it. The battledroid platoon was now decimated, only a few squads of droids were left standing.

As the ULAV strafed past the droids again, Demi fired the laser cannons into the remaining droids and Shadow fired the medium blaster cannon, gunning down even more. The rest of the squad switched from the defensive to the offensive as the odds turned to their favor.

"Alright men lets finish this up. We've got three men down!" Demi shouted.

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
Mars
ComNet Initiate

July 13, 2003 8:59:42 AM    View the profile of Mars 
The battledroids grouped in the middle of the battlefield.  The squad surrounded the remaining enemy troops with Lost and TK on one side and Demi's ULAV on the other.  The gunfire paused for a brief second as the droids packed even tighter in the middle.  Demi stared directly into the pack of droids, primitive thoughts of destruction and death running through his mind.  The second passed and Demi reinitiated the battle with taking the "lives" of several battledroids.

"Keep it up, men.  Only a few left," Demi encouraged the squad.

The blaster bolts ripped throught the battledroids with the most precision.  The remaining droids fell into pieces and the battle has been won.  The men salvaged what they want from the downed droids and regrouped.  With the squad crippled, it is in no shape to make a push on the reclamation center, but tonight, the squad rests...

-----------------------
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mission: Atraken  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:23:09 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 183  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >