Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2012 - Wraith & Ghost

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  HSC 2012 - Wraith & Ghost
Mox
ComNet Member

Mox

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  487
Total Posts:  659
  RE: HSC 2012 - Wraith & Ghost
February 13, 2013 3:15:45 PM    View the profile of Mox 
Finally… Mox thought to himself as he ripped off the useless shoulder pad, and replaced it with one that was mostly unscathed, even though it was technically inferior. As he clamped it on, he also picked up an E-11 and clipped it to his back, as well as grabbing a handful of the small E-11 ammo cartridges. He was slowly running out of the DC-17M blaster ammo, and he didn’t want to turn to his pistol or the sniper rounds.

“Alright, let’s go…” Mox muttered to himself as he got up from looting the dead and started walking forward.

“Jamasis, we’re moving out.” someone said out loud and Mox looked back.

He saw Jamasis looking at some kind of photo, probably belonging to one of the dead men. That guy has any feelings? he thought to himself. A lot of troopers grew emotionless over the many years, death becoming a common sight for them. It had to be done, otherwise they wouldn’t be fit for the job, and Mox knew that. But sometimes he thought about the various deaths he experienced, and how he reacted to them, and still found himself surprised of how much the profession affect a person. He was once even glad of a death of a squadmate, who had done nothing bad to him. Lost in those thoughts he walked, nearly marched, on forwards.

As he so moved through the snow, he couldn’t help but feel as if he was being watched. He had this feeling since he stepped foot on the planet, but now he found himself looking behind himself, and checking places which he normally wouldn’t even think of checking. Jedi… he thought to himself as he hopped onto, walked over, and jumped off a squashed vehicle. How could the Jedi be working for the Thrawnists? Weren’t they on the NR side? But then what was that back at the tunnels … he remembered the robed figures, along with their weapons. He tried hard to remember characterises of a Jedi, their powers and weapons, but nothing came to his mind. He never paid much attention to the ‘history’ classes he received back in the NR academy, and now he regretted it.

“I think I see it.” one of the Wraiths communicated over the comm “Dead ahead of us.”

“Good job.” Dusk’s voice came through.

“Alright, double time. I don’t want to get stopped by a random patrol.” Skarr ordered, as he quickened the pace. The Phantom Platoon followed.

Mox looked hard, trying to find any betraying marks of the LAATs hiding place, but all of the attempts proved futile. But as they got closer it became apparent that what the Wraith was referring to was a quite tall ruined building, which upon closer inspection had quite a few marks that made it look as if someone was hiding inside. How did they hide a LAAT in there? And more than one?

“Zeta, this is Phantom…..” Skarr communicated through the comms to the watchmen of the outposts that they were nearing the rendezvous place. Wait, don’t the Thrawnists have aerial control?..... Mox thought to himself as the squad stopped, on a sidewalk, trying to blend into the shadows with their black armor. The night was on their side, but shortly that would not matter. They must’ve tried to avoid damaging this area… no point sending fighters to places you’re not going to bomb… “...Phantom Out.”

The platoon entered the building, only to find nearly all of the walls and levels above destroyed, and the LAAT parked in the middle of the rubble. The windows were carefully sealed with white painted logs and from outside it was unrecognisable from the rest of the buildings.

“Where’s the rest?” Dusk asked one of the troopers who held the area.

“In the neighbouring buildings. They wouldn’t all fit into one block.”

“Makes sense…” he replied as he walked away to look inside the LAAT. Mox looked outside the windows, wondering how did they manage to bring in the LAATs in the first place. He only hoped that their take off would go seamlessly, but they never knew. War never changes, and it was always unpredictable. At least for us, pawns…

“Contact…” one of the watchmen reported through the com “Left street, right-side walk, third alley…”

“Everyone into positions. Phantom, we’ll wait until they pass.”

“Do you often get Thrawnists patrols?” Jamasis asked one of the troopers as he took position near the stair case.

“Only recently. Before that no, not really.” the queried men replied “But we did receive news that the borders were changing and that we should expect random contacts. We also received orders not to engage unless they attack us first…”

“We’ll follow those orders. Ghost, hold your fire until they pass.” Skarr ordered, Dusk ordering the same thing to his squad.

I guess we don’t want the enemy to find this place… Mox thought to himself as he rechecked his weapons.

OOC:
WC: 826
We reached the LAATs' hiding places. The LAATs are stored on the first levels, which have their walls destroyed(same goes for all above levels: there is no ceiling). A Thrawnist patrol is passing by, unaware of the Platoon and the LAATs hiding right next to them.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
I used to be Faithful 'til the End... but then I became a Ghost
Faithful? More like crazy...                                                         

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Hacking Trainee
TRP/CPL Mox/1SQD/1PLT]/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[DT] [RAWR] [ECA] [QW 12] (WtR) [AS-2] [ESC-12]/A10 (5.1)
"I have a rendezvous with death... I shall not fail that rendezvous." - Alan Seeger
[This message has been edited by Mox (edited February 13, 2013 6:48:02 PM)]
Jamasis
ComNet Member

Jamasis

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  472
Total Posts:  515
February 15, 2013 10:49:39 AM    View the profile of Jamasis 
Jamasis could feel the cold air in his lungs, stabbing at his insides with every breath. There was an eerie silence as the patrol passed the streets below them. The sound of distant gunfire, still growing stronger could be heard, as could the slow crunch of footsteps from the Thrawnists. On the face of it the situation appeared ridiculous; a whole platoon, plus several gunships and pilots were hiding from a single patrol.

Then again, he sure as hell wouldn’t enjoy being obliterated by enemy air superiority the second they took off. Maybe stealth was the easier option in this situation.

“Patrols gone, get on the ships.”

The troopers began to load themselves onto the LAAT’s, the pilot of Jamasis’ ship barely sparing them a glance before climbing into the cockpit. The ship rose slowly from the ground, along with a few others. Night had fallen quickly over the city and in a few minutes visibility would almost be zero. They must have underestimated the size of the tunnels. Even at close range the blacked out gunships were little more than vague silhouettes.

“Pilot, you realise we’re attacking the massive skyscraper in the middle of the city yes?” Jamasis asked.

“Yes, I did,” he replied gratingly.

“You also know we’ll be destroyed near-instantly if we’re spotted? So how likely are we to die?”

“You’re going to be fine. More’s the pity. I, on the other hand, have to fly around this goddamn death trap in circles just in case you quit halfway down. I’m understandably aggrieved about this whole situation so if you would please just shut your mouth and let me enjoy my last flight, it would be much appreciated.”

Several minutes passed in awkward silence. Slowly the tower loomed into view, even in the darkness it was visible from a distance. Somehow the designer had managed to make the tower suit its current role, a massive forbidding structure that dominated the immediate landscape. The LAAT began to climb when it was still several hundred feet away, to give it the least chance of being spotted by enemy snipers. One miscalculation and they would all be massacred on landing.

The roof appeared to be deserted, fortunately, for no amount of blackened paint would have prevented a lone trooper from noticing the vehicle hovering immediately in front of them. They moved to a metre above the tower when Skarr’s voice came over their comlinks.

“No noise from here on.”

Jamasis dropped out of the ship and checked his rifle, a habit being forced upon him by the winter. If it was an easy way for him to stay ahead of his foes, then he would embrace it. The two squads assembled, Skarr and Dusk leading the way into the building.

OOC:
WC: 460
TRP/SGT Jamasis/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ESC09] [BoT]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Raziel
ComNet Sultan

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Exarch
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  2481
Total Posts:  2873
February 22, 2013 12:48:35 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
OOC:
First part before Jamasis, second immediately following. Some more Jedi might join me. Try and have some fun on this one, I'll introduce the Jedi we'll have to do with later!

Raziel arrived with the rest of the Storm Commandos. The squad had been nearly silent on the uneventful journey. Even though most of this squad were seasoned veterans, the earlier events had shaken them. Raziel could sense their nervous thoughts keenly.
    This is what the Reborn Jedi would do for Thrawn’s forces above all else; they would spread fear and discord throughout their opponents’ ranks.
    Raziel’s talk of a “safe route” through the city had been a lie. He had simply allowed the Force to guide him on a path that avoided any contact with the opposition. If Raziel concentrated enough he could extend his sensory sphere much farther into the city. The Reborn Jedi were easy to sense. The tainted energy they infused their disciples greatly disturbed the Force, and the eddies it produced could be felt by even a half-trained novice.
    He sat quietly in the corner whilst special forces from around the city gathered in the collection of buildings being used as cover for the LAATs. He remained silent whilst Major Garryll Gates entered the room and briefed the squads on the mission. Several squads of both Storm Commandos and SCOPE Troopers had been assembled for the mission. Raziel assumed at least six squads of the most capable men available.
    “...and expect a bumpy ride. The LAATs will be flying low and hard. The stealth tech will make them harder to spot, but I’m told if they break too high above the level of the city they’re at huge risk of catching the attention anti aircraft weaponry or a passing fighter patrol.
    “Now some of you have heard rumours about Jedi in the city, fighting out men.” Garryll continued.
    “Rumours?” Chaval said, shaking his head. “We just got attacked by one.” He stated. Raziel felt the emotional blooms in the Force as the room reacted to that.
    “I was going to confirm the rumour,” Garryll continued. “They are in the city and have engaged our forces,”
    “How? I mean . . . why?” asked another squad leader. He stepped forwards, leaning over the plans that were spread across the table. “They haven’t been seen in the galaxy at all for decades?”
    Garryll shrugged. “Mr Jones,” he said, waving at Raziel, “is here from Intelligence to brief us.”
    Raziel stood up slowly and walked into the middle of the group. He nodded to Gates, knowing the right people - in the right place - was the only way the VE’s own Jedi Order were able to intervene.
     “I’m afraid I can’t answer that question. We can only assume that the other Imperial faction has been able to train Jedi over the last few years. What we do have is battle analysis from recent events, and classified years from a long time ago,”
    “What about the rumour of a Jedi battle on Copperline?”* asked one of the men.
    “That’s classified,” Raziel replied. “However, I’ll consider that you all have need-to-know. That was one of the first engagements between our own forces and Thrawn’s where they were supported by Jedi.”
    “What about the Vid being spread around the holonet of a Jedi of our own defending our people from Thrawn’s Jedi?”
    “No comment. We’ll continue with the brief.” Raziel replied. Today was not the day for revealing the Vast Empire’s own Jedi Order. If the Reborn forced their hand they might reveal themselves in front of their own troops, but not unless it was absolutely necessary.
    “They’re incredibly dangerous. They can pull down walls with their mind, throw lightning bolts and read the future. They can sense danger acutely and have reaction speeds that cannot be measured. That does not mean that they should be treated differently to any other vehicle of war. Much like a tank you have to treat them carefully and react with appropriate force.” Raziel started explaining.
    “They’re still physically limited and enough blaster fire will bring them down. When fighting a small number of soldiers it’s been shown that they will attempt to cause panic or make a distraction. The most successful way to bring them down with a small number of men is to fan out and hold your ground. I cannot emphasise this enough. Stand your ground and fan out. They can’t stop blaster bolts coming from all directions, but if you break ranks they’ll massacre you one by one.”
    Seeing one of the squad leaders shaking their head, Chaval decided to add his own voice to the conversation again. “We just brought one of them down ourselves,” he said. “Well the agent did,” he said pointing to Raziel. “But it was like he said, once we had him surrounded he went down just like anyone else,”
    “Exactly,” Raziel said. “The biggest concern is a combined forces attack with Jedi moving forwards being covered by soldiers. “
    “How do we react to that?”
    Raziel spread out his arms and shrugged. “We haven’t really been fighting them enough to work this out.”
    “If you’re briefing us, we’re expecting to meet them on this mission?”
    “Two have been spotted by surveillance on the tower,” Raziel lied. Even from this distance he could pinpoint their locations. “The other thing we know, is that fletchette weapons are effective at close quarters.” As Raziel said this he headed back to his bag.
    “Not that we want to get close to them?” another solider said.
    “Guess we don’t have a choice on this one,” another replied.
    Raziel emptied out half of his bag’s contents on the table. Six compact fletchette carbines. “All I could carry I’m afraid.”
    The assembled men started to blurt out questions at Raziel, but Gates held up one hand to stop them. “We need to get back to the main mission briefing. Agent Jones will be accompanying you as an armed observer. There may be some other intelligence operatives joining him.” Gates said. Raziel slunk away as they carried on detailed planning, and discussing such trivial matters as how the squads would interoperate moving from floor to floor.

Raziel stood behind one of the squads, he thought he had heard the name Ghost, as they prepared to breach a door. They carefully placed a small charge in the seam of the door and waited. Raziel held a silenced projectile pistol before him, and had a blacked out combat knife visible on his hip. They waited for the signal.
    “Here it comes,” warned one of the men near the edge of the tower.
    The building shock beneath them and in the same instant the paste was detonated, blowing the door of its hinges. Blast fire rang out beneath them.
    Sniper and rocket attacks on the building were frequent. The VE forces had decided to launch a small fake attack from the ground to cover their entry to the building. A few snipers and soldiers from the defence force would spend a few minutes returning fire, but the noise would give the infiltrating squad a few minutes of extra protection.
    Raziel followed the squads down into the upper levels of the building. They moved slowly through the first tight corridors, carefully not to walk into a crossfire. 

OOC:
See unclassified posts here: http://comnet.imperialnetwork.com/topic/16316/
LTC/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)(SC) [BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC][CoH][SCP]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads
HM/DJC Raziel/Lion 1-5/Neutral/VEDJ/VE (SC) (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Raziel
ComNet Sultan

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Exarch
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  2482
Total Posts:  2873
February 22, 2013 12:49:27 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Have posted, let's get this story wrapped up and Havock has something really fun lined up for you all next!
LTC/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)(SC) [BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC][CoH][SCP]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads
HM/DJC Raziel/Lion 1-5/Neutral/VEDJ/VE (SC) (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Kami
ComNet Expert

Kami

[VE-ARMY] 1st Wiggler
[VE-DJO] Krath Magician
[VE-ICS] Pirate Lord
[VE-VEMC] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1763
Total Posts:  1884
February 27, 2013 3:08:18 AM    View the profile of Kami 
OOC:
Floors 45-47

“Think he’ll finish that?”

The crude query emerged from the mouth of Kami’s companion, the perpetually scraggy and always foul-mouthed Sith known to his peers as Hond. The lanky Adept was currently hovering before the headless corpse of a diner he had decapitated mere minutes before. Despite the fresh spatter of arterial blood across the edge of the table most of the man’s half eaten nerf steak had avoided being tainted by grisly brain matter.  The cooling body was an officer, one of several that had until recently been enjoying a fine meal amongst the secure walls of their tower stronghold. Now the entire landscape of the restaurant was painted with gore.

“Leave it,” Kami shot the Sith a look of utter disdain as he began to prod the nerf steak with the butt of his lightsaber. “Raziel will be here soon.”

“Good.” Hond grunted in response, abandoning the steak and pulling a cigar free of his heavy trench coat instead. “I owe the Reborn a hell of a beating.”

Kami ignored him, stepping beyond the reach of the growing river of red that was winding about the base of the table and threatening to spill over the black leather of her knee-high boots.  The brand new pair of footwear complemented the form-fitting tank top and black leggings that made up the rest of her ‘uniform.’ She was already regretting her agreement to aid Raziel. Copperline had been a complete disaster, and judging by the panicked reports being consistently broadcast over the secure military channels, Colaris was next in line to mar the VE’s once impeccable military record.

Are you in place?

The brush of Raziel’s mind against her own drew Kami out of her bitter reflection.

We are here. Kami responded simply.

Though Raziel would have been somewhat aware that they were nearby, both she and Hond had endeavored to cloak their presence in the Force in an attempt to hide their movements from the lurking Reborn. It was only now that Raziel was literally on top of their position that he had recognized his peers and sought them out.

Have you encountered any so far? The whisper of Raziel’s voice was faint, suggesting that he was distracted. A series of loud explosions and the roar of blaster fire echoing down the fire escape through which she and Hond had entered the restaurant suggested that the VE forces had encountered the first of Thrawn’s unprepared forces.

Not yet. Kami replied. Though I count at least four beneath us.

Almost as abruptly as Raziel had contacted her, his presence withdrew, leaving a distinct void in the Force.

“How much longer?” Hond’s glowing red eyes fixed on Kami. Though he was not nearly as powerful as the Lady of the Krath, he was experienced and intuitive enough to have noticed the brief mental conversation.

“A few minutes,” Kami pulled out a nearby chair and folded her slim form within its confines. “You have time to eat if you must.”

Hond offered her a lopsided grin that was all teeth in response before unceremoniously plucking the fork from the dead officer’s stiffening fingers. He jabbed the utensil in the steak and brought the entire thing up to his mouth.

“Bon appetite,” He snarled at Kami, before tearing a huge chunk of the meat free with his gleaming incisors. Tossing the rest of the steak to one side he grabbed at the officer’s half empty wine glass and tilted the glass in her direction. “Here’s to our temporary alliance darlin’.”

Kami’s answering glare could have melted ice caps.

Hond laughed and tossed the remnants of the wine down his throat before speaking again. “I suppose you can’t win em’ all.”
|| Retired ||
[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
------------------------
|| Krath Magician || Krath Order ||
CM/KM Kami Sharpe/Lion L-01/Krath/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire

------------------------
Skarr
ComNet Expert
Imperial Supporter

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1836
Total Posts:  2102
March 5, 2013 1:49:16 AM    View the profile of Skarr 
OOC:
Floor 37

Vivid color rushed back to Skarr’s vision and sounds seemed to amplify in his ears. Even despite the helmet’s filter’s his ears felt hypersensitive. He supposed that was only because his exhaustion had dulled his senses to nearly the bare minimum. His hand gripped the stim and pulled it from his arm, discarding it on the ground next to discarded ammo clips and fallen debris. The two fire teams were pinned down on the 37th floor. The last few floors had been tense, but the squad had eliminated what little personnel had been left on the topmost floors.

Now the alarm had since been raised. Raziel and his Jedi had since disappeared on their own  mission. Skarr thought that was all well and good. Jedi had always made him nervous. His ammo counter hit zero and he ejected the clip, calling out for another clip. Jamasis slid him the much needed clip, which Skarr unceremoniously jammed into his rifle. The strike leader motioned for covering fire and when Mox and Terre answered, Skarr popped out from behind the corner he had been using for cover. While the attention was on Mox and Terre, Skarr was able to line up his shot and take out the gunner. The E-Web fell silent, but the other fire increased frantically.

A thermal detonator arced over Skarr’s head, thrown by a member of Wraith most likely. The detonator landed near the E-Web and the several Thrawnists clambering to operate the turret once more. The soldiers were unfortunately slow and the thermal detonator wiped them out with a flash. The heavy turret was completely destroyed making life just a little easier for the two fire teams. Skarr motioned for his squad to move forward, several more heavy weapons nest remained on this floor. As they moved, a Thrawnist rounded the corner, PLX missile launcher at the ready. Therex, being the closest to the now revealed enemy, put on a burst of speed and tackled the stormtrooper to the floor. A quick knife to the throat ended the enemy’s struggles. Skarr was proud to note that the Chiss grabbed the launcher.

He could hear the bark of another turret around the corner up ahead. Ghost and Wraith found cover as the Thrawnists realized their flank was now exposed. Skarr slid into cover behind one of the pillars lying in the center of the intersection. The first of the hail of blaster bolts began from the opposition. As he stood behind the pillar, he noticed that Jamasis and Hammerhead had grabbed one of the durasteel barricades, the Thrawnists had set up. The barricade was pock marked, but otherwise intact. And it was tall enough for both man to use it as cover. However, it seemed the two men had a different idea. They grabbed hold of the bar in the center of the barricade and pushed with all the might. The barricade began sliding on the floor. Skarr smiled when he thought of their plan.

The strike leader dove out of cover and fell in beside Jamasis and Hammerhead. “It would have been nice if you would have told me about this idea.” The two men didn’t reply, but kept pushing. Skarr threw his shoulder into the pushing, as well. The barricade slid slowly down the hall, drawing attention from most of the Thrawnists and their fire. Dusk took control of the situation behind Skarr and his two squad mates. He ordered Ghost and Wraith to concentrate their fire on the heavy weapons nest.

Any member of the enemy that had tried to get behind the barricade was quickly shot down by the fire teams. The durasteel barricade started to move faster now that the three of them had gained momentum. The Thrawnists continued to try and surge forward, but were stopped cold by the fire teams.
“Keep pushing!” Skarr yelled out.

OOC:
Moving us down some floors. Trying to bring life back to the story.
SL|CoT:A|PC/1LT Skarr/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[CDS] [ES2] [IH] [RoT] [CRoM] {RES} (VT) (ECA) (WtR) (HeS) (HoS) (3.1) (1.1) (1.2) (A5) (AS-2)
TRN/AC Vexus/Lopen/VEDJ
(WoS1)

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" General George Patton
"A leader leads by example not by force." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jamasis
ComNet Member

Jamasis

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  480
Total Posts:  515
March 5, 2013 5:50:27 AM    View the profile of Jamasis 
OOC:
Floors: 31-37

“Keep pushing!” yelled Skarr. Jamasis shoved the barricade forwards as fast as he could whilst Thrawnist blaster fire peppered the durasteel. They moved down the corridor with increasing pace, the fire teams taking care of the enemy soldiers who became exposed in their unconventional assault. Then they slammed into a second Thrawnist barricade, temporarily stunning all three troopers. Jamasis aimed his rifle over the top and fired several quick shots at the few retreating soldiers.

He needed a minute to recollect his thoughts. The entire building was lit up, evidence of their earlier failure in the tunnels, and the sound of the alarms penetrated ever room. Their mysterious friends had apparently abandoned them but their objective was still clear; keep shooting things until reinforcements took the tower. Jamasis scavenged some clips off of a dead Thrawnist and followed Skarr down a flight of stairs to the next floor.

A few soldiers were waiting for them but were quickly cut down by the combined force of Ghost and Wraith. Further up anti-aircraft turrets could be heard and the squads made their way towards them. Several of the gunners had created a makeshift barrier and were waiting for the strike teams whilst the rest continued to ward off any potential air support. Jamasis fired a single shot and gunfire exploded in both directions. He dashed toward cover and tried to pick of the Thrawnists. A well-placed shot that should have found its mark strayed slightly too high, and Jamasis grew frustrated with himself. Not that it was his fault; the lack of supplies and rest were beginning to test his physical capabilities.

“Any grenades left?” he shouted towards the rest of the group. Almost in unison several thermal detonators landed behind the enemy’s barricade and blew several of them apart. He ran up to the turrets and, too tired to remember his specialist training, simply hammered the controls with the butt of his rifle. A wraith trooper did the same with the turret next to him, whist the others gathered ammunition. A wounded trooper tried to claw towards his rifle and another Ghost finished him off.

Some base instinct urged Jamasis to peer over the edge of the tower, down to the street over a hundred metres below. All over the city, flashes of white and red showed that the battle was growing ever more intense.

“We’ve got incoming!” someone shouted, and Jamasis broke away to shelter behind the barricade. He glanced over the top to see two, three dozen Thrawnist storm troopers approaching. It didn’t take a tactical genius to see the problem they had. He fired at the approaching enemy and they gradually spread out to surround the strike teams.

“Any more bright ideas?” asked Skarr over the comlink.

“Do you know where our creepy friends are?” replied Jamasis.

“I have no idea.”

“What about our friendly pilot?” asked Mox.

Jamasis wasn’t entirely sure he would still be alive, but Skarr tried to contact him anyway. Long seconds passed with only the sound of blaster bolts ricocheting just above their heads.

“Just tell me where you are,” came the reluctant voice of the pilot.

“South-East side of the thirty sixth floor.”

The LAAT suddenly appeared by the turrets and fired into the depths of the building, killing a few Thrawnist troopers and scattering the rest.  Ghost and Wraith boarded the gunship before the enemy could re-organise themselves, though the quicker of the soldiers managed to fire a few bolts too close to them for comfort. Then the LAAT pulled away.

“Can you get us back in the tower?” asked Skarr.

“You want to go back to the top?”

Skarr paused for a second, “Take us down a few floors and blow a window up if you have to. A large window.”

OOC:
Yes, we were saved because of the pilot miraculously rescuing us. Raziel said we could do it. I’ve put floors 31-37 because I reckon 31 is about where we go back in.
TRP/SGT Jamasis/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ESC09] [BoT]

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2012 - Wraith & Ghost  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:32:21 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 168  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >