Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Blanchard Roasting on an Open Fire - RAIDERS

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Blanchard Roasting on an Open Fire - RAIDERS
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  730
Total Posts:  997
  RE: Blanchard Roasting on an Open Fire - RAIDERS
December 21, 2011 2:41:33 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
His new world was dark, but thankfully not wet. He could feel pressure on most of his body as his eyes slowly became adjusted to the very low light levels inside the debris. The air was thick with smoke, ash, dust, and other unmentionable tastes he would rather not think about. The problem with being buried alive was not getting out, the problem was not panicking and making the situation worse. Luckily he had experience with being buried alive, his trip to Adari many years ago came to mind.

Looking back now he knew it had been foolish to go rock climbing alone on that snowy world, but his adventurous side wanted the challenge and the thrill of doing it alone. Four days buried under an avalanche had taught him a few things about life, one of them was to always bring a spotter with you.

Though, his days in the capital city made the trip worth it. He was much younger than he was now, before he joined the Empire all those years ago, his life was nearly carefree back then. Part of his memory resurfaced as he recalled a young girl no more than nine years of age. She had been living on the streets for months after she had run away. No one knew where she was from, the only story anyone could get out of her was she had hidden away on a freighter that left her planet.

Considering she was alone here with none to care for her, she was doing pretty well for herself. She had shelter in an abandoned house, food was given to her by a butcher down the street in exchange for cleaning his kitchen every night. Every time the authorities came to round her up and send her home she had simple vanished till they left. Then she went straight back to what she was doing. She ranged over the whole city, knowing every nook and hiding hole anyone would use.

In exchange for directions to the mountain he was seeking he gave her tales from around the Galaxy. A good bit of local currency, and warmer blankets since winter was coming. The most important thing he gave her was his reassurance that he would never tell anyone she was there. He knew she was happy, and quite capable of surviving on her own. He doubted the snowman they had built the day he had left was still standing, the picture of the three of them, however was sitting on his desk at home. He knew she was still alive and doing well, probably running the city as mayor now no doubt.

Coming back to the present he kept his mind calm as he began to slowly explore his surroundings. He could see faint emergency lighting through the cracks a few feet above him. He knew eventually he would need to force his way out, but for the moment he wanted to make sure he would not cause more damage by moving too quickly.

Moving his arms slowly he could not feel any real pressure, he knew the trick with snow was to keep moving before it settled. His mind had instinctively done the same here, even though it was debris and not governed by the same laws of physics. Nevertheless it worked to an extinct, he could move his arms and legs around about half a foot in either direction. He could feel warmth flowing down the top of his forehead, so he knew he had been injured in at least one place.

Coughing to clear his throat he called out "Any alive out there?" Several long moments passed before he heard light coughing to his right. "RAIDERS, sound off!" He made his voice as loud as he could, he knew those that survived needed to know others were here with them. Most of his squad would have no experience with this sort of thing.

"Joamer!" A familiar voice called out a minute later, he could hear the sounds of debris being moved around as the sound became closer slowly. "I'm coming, give me a few moments. Damn desk is blocking the door."

The waiting is the longest part, he knew Jaenna would have better luck digging him out then he would. His arms could provide the leverage to move the foot or so of debris that was on top of him but he might bring something bigger crashing down pushing against what he could not see. Watching the debris move away slowly he pushed out with both his arms as his head cleared the top of the large pile his squad was stuck in.

Sitting on the edge of the hole he looked over at Jaenna who was nursing a rather nasty looking cut on her forehead and holding her none cybernetic arm gently. As he became accustomed to his new found freedom he began to feel a slight ping in his chest when he breathed, he knew at the least he had cracked a rib. Hopefully it was nothing more series than that.

"How did you get free so quickly?" He asked as he checked over his body slowly.

"When I saw the roof start to go I jumped out of the doorway and headed down the hall. Half of this floor came down, when it did I was thrown into a storage room of some sort. Got my head knocked about, and I think I dislocated my elbow." Jaenna said as she grimaced over the annoyance.

He nodded as he surveyed the room slowly. The roof was gone, he could see the inner workings of the floor above him. Most of the equipment was vaporized in the explosion, but some of the heavier pieces not to mention the floor supports and everything else housed in the ceiling was underneath him now. He did not know anything about the other squad members, but he hoped they were alright.

OOC:
It's another post to describe what you are doing, and how to get out yourself. If I have to dig you out your injuries are going to be bad. So I suggest everyone who does not want to be missing important pieces of their anatomy dig themselves out.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Sergeant Major, Squad Leader
Raiders Squad, Wildcard Platoon, Academy Staff

SL|SGM Joamer|2SQD|1PLT|COM|RGT|BAT|VEA|VE
AS|SGM Joamer|STCA|VEA|VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [EW2] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [AS-3] [AS-4] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC] [RoT] [KAD] [AoT] [IH] [VT] [ESC09] {RES} (5.1) (6.1) (A5) (A9)
In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Heliwer117
ComNet Cadet

Heliwer117

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  226
Total Posts:  467
December 22, 2011 4:53:32 PM    View the profile of Heliwer117 
Only one thought went through Heliwer’s mind when Mox fired his grenade launcher: That bastard! I want to fire my grenade launcher!

Of course, he regretted ever thinking of firing his when the building came down on him. The force of the impact sent him out cold for a few minutes. While in this state, his mind took him back to the small, modest, and only Life Day celebration he and his father had, when he was about seven. Rhyfelwer seemed out of place wearing a red hat with a fuzzy white tip, and even more so when he flashed a warm smile towards his son and passed him a wrapped up box. When the young Heliwer opened the gift, he discovered a bright, shiny bowie knife that his father had taken off of a bounty hunter earlier that day. Since then, Heliwer had kept the knife close and never went anywhere without it.

Then, he flash forwards to the day he joined the Stormtrooper Corps and his first mission in the academy. A simple prison riot made worse, but eventually contained after broken bones and bruises. He briefly met Joamer and Havock at a small Wildcard Platoon party, before he was shipped out with the rest of them to Thyveck. Thyveck. After the end of the campaign, he believed that Thyveck was an ancient word meaning “Hell Planet”. He never got over the insanity of the place, how insane he got to stay alive. It was a godsend when they left. After that fiasco, he went into shell shock treatment and close combat training, got scared half to death by giant wolves on a space station, and now was buried under rubble on a snow planet where he probably might freeze to death.

He came back to the present day with a groan. “RAIDERS, sound off!”, Joamer yelled. This got the big trooper at least a little conscious as he took a few deep breaths. With a determined grunt, he felt around for all his gear. Fortunately, his own grenade launcher hadn’t rolled away or got flattened. Same went for his revolvers, his knife, and the pack of explosives he brought. All in all, he felt rather good right now. Jaenna spoke next, then the sound of debris being moved aside, and then the sound of the two leaders. Heliwer sucked in a breath and called out.

“Hey! I need some help over here!” He wheezed. He felt pathetic, his voice felt like it was going to go any second. The sound of footsteps coming towards him made him sigh with relief. Within a minute, the debris in front of him was gone and he saw the faces of the RAIDERS leaders. “Man, am I glad to see you.”

Joamer and Jaenna carefully lifted up the big man on to his feet. A huge sharp pain shot through his left arm as he tried to lift it. He gently ran his hand across the arm, and lo and behold, found a part where the bone was sticking out. His right ear, too, had no feeling and was completely deaf, and his chest panged with pain as he wheezed in and out. “Well ain’t that dandy.” Heliwer grunted. “Broken arm, cracked ribs, and all I can hear in my right ear is ringing.”

He took a few steps, then slumped down to the ground in a heap. “And of course, my legs are shaken to hell. Looks like I’ve got the jackpot of injuries” With his good arm, he rolled over on to his back and sat up carefully. Defying all sense, he pulled out a cigarette, one that was not covered in dust and was not crushed, and lit it with his good hand, taking in a deep drag. He saw a few piles of rubble shuffle as troopers came too and attempted to get out.

The left arm had a large, sharp piece of bone sticking out of it, bleeding, but not too much that he’d pass out. His right ear drum was completely gone, wasted by the crash. Probably about four to five ribs were cracked, close to broken, and his legs felt like jelly because of the muscles spazzing slightly, attempting to get reconnected. The legs could get better in a minute, but as for the rest of him, in short, they were F.U.B.R.: Fucked Up Beyond Repair.
TRP/SGT Heliwer/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1][PT] [A5]

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with high explosives." - Valkyrie
[This message has been edited by Heliwer (edited December 22, 2011 4:56:17 PM)]
Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  190
December 23, 2011 1:53:44 PM    View the profile of Coadster 
The world went silent, and dark. He waited for the adrenaline to wear off before moving, feeling the dark space about him. With his good hand, he felt the metal underside of the desk, and the debris making solid walls around him. He found he couldn’t move one of his legs, and only then noticed the immense weight on his foot. Dreading what he’d see, he reached into his leftmost pouch and grabbed a glowrod. It had already been somewhat activated, a tiny glow emitting from fissures on  the very end of it where he’d probably landed on it; it reminded him of the candles his mom used to use on every holiday. He snapped it in a couple of places and let it light up his little world in a green tone.

The long table he’d jumped under was still standing, though bowing dangerously in the middle with what Coad assumed was the weight of the ceiling. That didn’t bode well for him, but hopefully he could claw himself a hole to the surface on the side. Speaking of which, he analyzed the bind in which he’d found himself in with his foot. As he feared, his left foot was caught in what was the ceiling. The boot encasing it had been shattered, splintering like an odd fashion style. He pushed the rocks off of his foot and pulled it away quickly to avoid the debris that replaced it. The movement brought the blood rushing back to the offended appendage, and he stifled a yelp of pain. He winced as he switched into a sitting position to assess the damage.

He pulled the boot off, hissing at the pain in his ankle. His socked foot was a little less than foot looking, seeming more to be a stocking stuffed with random odds and ends. He removed his sock a little more tenderly, and was a little less than shocked but a little more than horrified at the odd look of it. His ankle was puffed and his foot was at an abnormal angle; it was like looking at a funhouse version of his foot, and it was not pretty. It was most certainly broken, but the procedures for treating it escaped him now. Instead he forced himself to not look at it and try to escape. He hung the glowstick with the sock and tied it to the opposite wall of debris, looking like an odd ornament, and started working. It was difficult considering he was only using one hand but he tried his best, pulling rocks toward him then pushing them to the side.

“Hey!” He called as he worked. “Over here! Anyone up there, help would be appreciated!”

He heard muffled conversation, and he repeated his pleas. “I’m over here! “

The voices grew louder, and he redoubled his efforts. Dim light began to come in through the debris, and he could see that rocks were being moved on the opposite side. He kept working; kept watching, when all at once the remaining rocks tumbled down, bouncing off of Coad’s head and shoulders. Two metal arms grabbed him underneath the shoulders and pulled him up out of the wreckage. Coadster seethed as his hurt foot bumped against the edge of the hole. Joamer set him down standing, and he balanced on his good foot. Jaenna was out too, wiping blood from a nasty cut on her forehead.

“Welcome back to the world of the living,” Joamer said, patting him on the shoulder.

“Yeah well, being buried isn’t so fun. Hopefully I won’t experience that again ‘til I’m in a cask.”

He looked over and noticed that Heliwer was out of the wreckage as well, in what seemed to him as a much worse state than he was. He laid on the ground, his arm at as odd an angle as Coad had ever seen. Considering how weird his breaths were, he must’ve busted himself up somewhere else too. And yet even with all this, he’d managed to get a lit cigarette into his mouth.

“Space, Heli! Looks like a damned building fell on top of you!”

“Huh?” was the reply, Heli tilting his head to look at Cody. “Oh, welcome back, Coad. Come to join the party?”

“Oh yeah. One hell of a damned party, too.” Looking more like a dead man’s party, to me.

He could hear others trying to get out, rubble moving slightly. Joamer called out, and several voices responded. He could only hope there were more able bodied members of the RAIDERS out there, because at this rate, their hopes of getting out looked pretty grim. And then, there was the matter of security…

“Hey Joamer, how much time do you think we have until more mercs come to check out the miniature earthquake and absence of energy?”
TRP/PVT Coadster/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1][RAWR]
(A9)
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Coadster (edited December 23, 2011 2:34:07 PM)]
Dusk
ComNet Initiate

Dusk

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  102
Total Posts:  458
December 23, 2011 7:46:44 PM    View the profile of Dusk 
Dusk was standing closest to the door, he sighed with the other members of the squad as they thought that they hadn't brought the complex down on themselves. Then the explosion.

He opened his eyes to find himself in one of the parks on his home Aargau. He was there with his father, his friend Issac, and his caretakers. They were all there exchanging presents for Life Day. "Jacen, this is for you." Dusk's father said handing him a small wrapped rectangle. Unwrapping the gift, he saw a holo pad with a program open, Galactic Hunter Tri. "Let me show you how to do it," Issac says gesturing for Jacen to hand it to him.

Issac hit a few buttons and it brings up a forest with different animals running around, one of which is a horse-like animal with antlers. "Dad, what's that?" Dusk asked.
"That's a Reindeer, their quite dangerous if you startle them."

Issac grabbed Dusk's arm and extreme pain shot through his arm. He closed his eyes.

Opening his eyes, Dusk found himself crushed. Darkness surrounding him. He slid his left arm into one of his belt pouches, pulling out his lighter he began to attempt to flick it on. After a few tries he managed to light the flame. Dusk's eyes stung from the light. It strangely resembled a candle. He lifted his head to check himself over. Unable to lift his head much, Dusk tried to make himself some room. He tried to pull his arm from the rubble, it caused intense pain to rock his entire body. He couldn't move is right leg either.

"RAIDERS, sound off!" He heard a muffled male voice call, which must have been Joamer. Dusk attempted to call out for help, but all that came out was a weak groan. 'I can't get help unless I get some room to breath.

Placing his left hand on the slab above him he shoved it, but to no avail, it barely moved. Trying to maintain the little ground he made caused Dusk to blackout. Coming to a few minutes later, he grabbed a broken pipe out of the wall of rubble. He propped it against the floor and pulled. It almost caused Dusk to blackout again, but after getting a few good breaths he called out, "Help, I cant move my right arm or leg!"

Dusk coughed after inhaling a cloud of dust, he called again. After a few minutes he felt a breeze of fresh air from the two air pressures equalizing. As the slab on top of Dusk's was moved, he gulped down deep breaths of the better air. Slowly the derbies was cleared from on top of the private. Coadster and Jaenna pulled him from the hole he was in.

"Dusk your arm's trashed." Joamer stated.
Heli whistled, "I thought I had it bad."
Dusk coughed a bit and wheezed out, "Where's Karash when you need him?" He laughed which turned into a fit of coughing.

OOC:
I tried to get it as long as I could, but didn't have mush time.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction."
~Xephos

Smile!!! Tomorrow will be worse.

TRP/PVT Dusk/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[DT][RAWR]
Beta40
ComNet Member

Beta40

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  353
Total Posts:  362
December 23, 2011 10:07:45 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
Beta woke up with his the side of his face pressed against the cold floor by the weight of the rubble above him. His head ached all the way through his skull, probably from the same injury causing the warm blood to flow down his forehead and cheek. There was a small amount of light leaking in through the rubble allowing Beta to see his helmet partially crushed under a larger rock – probably enough to have killed him – around a foot in front of his head. The blood that had come from his injury pooled on the ground around him and mixed with the settled dust. He watched calmly as the blood pool met with the broken helmet.

Beta’s body suppressed the pain from his head as he lay silently on the ground. As the pain left his thoughts came in to fill the void it left. The first thing that came to him was who was he and how did he get there. He had no memories left inside him and no ideas of how he could have ended up in a situation like this. Desperate to find out more of where he was he started to shift about in an attempt to get out of under the rubble. He managed to free up enough space to be on his hands and knees but in doing so he felt instantly sick to his stomach. He looked above himself and squinted at the light going through the cracks. Stopping to find enough strength in him to make the final break though the last layer of rocks and metal he rested in the crawling position. Beta watched in seemingly slow-motion as the drops of blood fell to the ground, finding it ironically comforting. Once ready he used his bloodstained gloves to push the ceiling of rubble until it collapsed down to the ground beside him.

The light blasted in on Beta, seeming much brighter to him then it should have before his eyes adjusted back to normal. His head throbbing he crawled out of the rubble to see the men he was unable to recognize, each with their various degrees of injuries. Beta wordlessly stared at them with the blood now running down his armour. Completely unknowing of what to say or do he took to what the other troopers were doing and sat down on the ground by himself, resting his head and back to the wall. He took the glove off of his left hand and placed it on the ground. He put his hand to where the pain was mostly coming from on the left side of his forehead. Beta retracted his hand as soon as he touched it and felt the spike of pain. Now bracing he put his hand back and could feel bone instead of skin at that spot. He looked down at his hand to see the majority of his fingers and palm coloured red.

When Beta saw one of the men start to walk over he wiped the blood off of his hand onto his other arm and put the glove back on. He stood up quickly and backed up a step as the man approached closer.

“We need some help with some of the other troopers-“ the man started to say.

“Who the hell are you?” Beta blurted out quickly, interrupting the other man mid-sentence.

“It’s Joamer. Don’t mess with me right now Beta, we need to get everyone out.” Joamer said, causing Beta to take another step back. The two just stood and looked at each other for a few seconds. “Beta-“

“Don’t get any closer,” Beta said when Joamer took another step, getting more and more defensive by the second.

“Is there something wrong with you?” Joamer started to walk forwards and Beta tightened his fist. When Joamer got too close for Beta’s comfort he threw his fist towards the head of the man. When it made contact it caused the man to fall over backwards to the ground.

Beta took a few steps back as Joamer seemed to be sitting there, hand on the side of his head, still realising what just happened to him. Beta put his right foot back in case he had to defend himself again. He wished he could know where he was and what he was doing there, but right now he had to figure out who the people around him are with probably a few other things to worry about.
CPL Beta40 (A3)
TRP/CPL Beta40/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1REG/1BAT/VEA/VE
[AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [RoM] [EW2] [CDS] [DT] [RAWR]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  735
December 23, 2011 11:11:52 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Moving his jaw around slowly he opened and closed his mouth as he starred as his more troublesome trooper. Feeling the bones click back into place he grimaced as he realized the younger man might of cracked his jaw with that damnable left hook he had thrown. Dusting off his hand he sat up slightly and looked at someone he had known for a long time. Something seemed off about Beta now though, he stood differently, acted differently. Though, he had to hand it to the younger man. It had taken a long time, but he finally caught Joamer off guard. The court-martial would wait till later, if he ever got around to filing it that is.

"Who am I?" Joamer asked quietly. He ignored the rest of his squad behind him as they began searching for the few members that were missing still. "Trooper, I said answer me. That is a blasted order!" He shouted as Beta stood stock still and glared at everyone. "Frak me, Karash we have a really big problem here."

Standing up slowly he looked over as Karash came up quickly to look over Beta from a distance. After a moment the medic shook his head and said, "That wound can wait, we have others in worse condition. Clean it up, and put a bandage over it for now. Nothing else I can do for him."

Reaching out he grabbed the man's arm and said, "No, it's not just that. He does not seem to remember anything." Joamer said, he released Karash as the man turned back around to stare at Beta for a long moment. After taking in everything he sighed and nodded slowly, seeming to agree with Joamer without much more than a few sentences.

"Beta, do you know your rank, where you are, who I am?" Joamer said as Karash turned away and went back to the other worse injuries.

For a long moment Beta stood and watched everything, he opened and closed his mouth several times before shaking his head. Joamer thought he was going to say something then shook his head again. Looking up at the damaged ceiling Joamer thought for a long time before looking around. Karash was busy fixing was injuries he could, but by the look on the man's face they both knew the squad was out of action. Looking over at Jaenna her eyes told the same story, it was time to retreat. He knew it would take time, they needed everyone good enough to retreat and fight if need be.

"Jae, find who can still move around well enough and setup a defense. We are going to be here till Karash does all he can. We are now the walking wounded squad again, I would like not to make the same mistakes we made all those years ago." Joamer said as he flicked on his commlink to contact the command headquarters. Flipping through another channel he grimaced, he knew by the sounds coming from his earpiece something was either blocking the signal or his communications gear was damaged. He noticed Jaenna trying to do the same thing but only shook her head a few seconds later.

"Can anyone get a signal from the command crew?" Joamer said to everyone, he waited while everyone tried different frequencies to try to break through the interference. He doubted it would work, and once everyone shook their heads no he only nodded.

"Who the hell are you people?" Beta said angrily, tired of being ignored.

Turning to the young man Joamer said, "You are Corporal Kurt Rythoren, callsign Beta40. You are a trooper in the Imperial Stormtroopers. You belong to my squad called RAIDERS. We've known each other for a couple years now, I don't know why your memory is gone but you need to trust me right now. We are on a mission, and are currently in serious trouble. I need your help to get all of us out of here with as few missing parts as possible."

He saw in the man's eyes that he did not believe a single word of what was happening, or what he had just been told. Wiping the dirt from his leg as he thought Joamer looked up at Beta and considered just punching the man in the face. He did not need this on top of everything else that was wrong right now. What was worse was he had no idea how to get out of this mess they were in. They were trapped fifty plus feet below the surface, the security systems were in place which meant bulkhead doors would be slammed shut. Not to mention he doubted the floor above them was in one piece anymore. In short, his squad was effectively screwed.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [EW2] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [AS-3] [AS-4] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC] [RoT] [KAD] [AoT] [IH] [VT] [ESC09] {RES} (5.1) (6.1) (A5) (A9)
MoksPokemon
ComNet Cadet

MoksPokemon

Post Number:  228
Total Posts:  659
December 25, 2011 5:43:55 PM    View the profile of MoksPokemon 
Mox opened his eyes, but didn't see nothing. He rolled his eyes around trying to find anything he could look at. Damn... Mox thought to himself as attempted to move any part of his body, he managed to move his right arm a little. He suddenly blinked and realised his helmet's HUD was still working. He could see his squadmates's silhouettes walking around, trying to dig people out. He attempted to talk but found that only gibberish came out of his mouth, accompanied by extreme pain. This is great... Mox was last thing before he blacked out.

------------------------------------

Mox opened his eyes, just as he felt stones crushing even tighter around him. He felt pain in his chest, and heard a cracking noise at the same time. My fraking ribs... Mox thought, remembering not to talk. Who the hell was that? Mox opened his eyes and saw two people, the one on top of him marked Joamer, the other one being marked as Beta40. He then attempted to move his arms. He couldn't feel his left arm, but luckily, his right arm was sound. He started to clear rubble around his hand and then arm, which was surprisingly easy.

Mox looked around again, only to see that most of RAIDERS were out already. That means that some of the rubble was cleared away. After clearing enough dust and stone around his hand, he started working his way to his face. After a while he managed to clear enough rubble to allow some light to his face. He immediately blocked and started to flex his mouth, trying to accustom himself to the pain. Now he could also hear some voices, but didn't attempt to distinguish them.

Suddenly Mox could hear more voices, along with comm static and a big amount of rubble was moved away from his body. Light from room reached his eyes, and Mox grimaced his face, and shut them closed. Immediately more pain soared from his mouth, but being accustomed to most of it, he managed to keep consciousness. As was pulled out he attempted to distinguish between silhouettes pulling him out.

“No good, crushed arm...” Karash voice sounded from Mox's left.

He could feel hands feeling against his chest. Pain came from them, but he was so numb to it he almost didn't feel it.

“Some broken ribs as well, and what I can see is broken jaw.”

Karash took Mox's helmet off and bandaged his jaw to the rest of his face, effectively muting any sounds that may come out of it. Karash then delicately moved his arm and said something. The medic then put bandages around Mox's arm and then neck.

“That's good for now, try not to crash into anything. And yeah, get those grenades off you, you don't anymore burns.” Karash said as he got up and went to tend to other people.

Mox opened his eyes, and noticed they got more accustomed to the light. With his right arm he sat up and looked around.

“Sup, Mox? You OK?” Coadster's voice came from behind.

“Mpfhmm” Mox replied, looking down at the rest of his body. There were some minor burns on his body, though nothing too serious.

“Heh... I guess I'm good as well.” Coadster said, laughing at the same time. Aren't you too happy, idiot? Mox thought

This situation was the worst ever, and Mox got himself in a shitload of bad situation. His arm was crushed and he couldn't feel it at all. He had broken his jaw, which was too tightly tied to the top of his face, causing constant pain. He also had some unknown burns on his skins, although Mox noticed a grenade was missing. As well as all of this some of his ribs were broken.

Wow, I don't think I have ever... suffered this amount of injuries.... Mox thought to himself, while putting his helmet back on.
Slicing Specialist

TRP/PSC Roy "Mox" Kerrolin/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [DT] [A10]
WhiskeyRose
ComNet n00b

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  6
December 28, 2011 2:21:34 AM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
When the alarms were screaming in her ears, she knew something was up.  She heard multiple explosions above her somewhere.  Then came the big explosion and when she felt the rumbling all around her, Xylonia knew it was time to take cover.

What the frak is going on out there?!

She dove under the steel cot in her tiny cell.  She braced her arms above her head after she started to hear stone and metal grinding and cracking against each other.

Well, whatever is going on, it sounds like whoever is causing it is causing more trouble than I usually do.

Her commanding officers had finally had enough of her rebellious attitude.  Flat out disobedience, pranks, disrespect, they couldn't handle any more, and they couldn't kick her out of the army.  They sent her with a weird group of troopers, what were they called, ACR? Something like that.  They traveled to this freezing hell hole.  Xylonia had never felt cold like this place.  She was not fond of it.

To hell with this, put me on Tatooine with some Hutts. Frak me...

She had no clue what they expected her to do here with the weirdo troopers.

This has to be a punishment.

But, even the ACR's couldn't handle her.  It took four of them to wrangle her to the floor and cuff her.  However, she still managed to break one's noise and the jaw of another.  They locked her in a tiny cell and told her they'd let her out after she "chilled out." 

"I'm already chilled to the point where I could use my nipples as spice cutters assholes!" she had responded as they uncuffed her hands and locked the door.  She kicked the door and flopped down on metal cot, folding her arms in a tantrum. 

And now I'm about to squished liked a pimple on a Hutt's ass.  Lovely.  If only I had some whiskey...

The groaning of the walls and ceiling grew louder and finally buckled.  The walls fell in against each other and the ceiling buckled downward.  Luckily for Xy, the walls caved in first, forming sort of a brace for the ceiling, and the metal cot kept smaller bits of rubble from pounding her flesh.  Stone and metal had fallen in around her and the cot.  She waited a few moments for everything to settle before making an attempt to move.

Well, this is frakking special.  Twenty years old and I've already been buried alive.  How Delightful.  Bunch of frakking useless ACR's... 

Xy began moving rubble by pushing, pulling and prodding it to make a path for her to crawl out.  Sweat began to bead on the fair skin of her face, he dark maroon hair sticking to her forehead.  It was difficult to try to do very labor intensive work with limited space to move your arms, even for one as flexible as Xy.

While she worked, she began to hear muffled voices.  She couldn't tell if they were friend or foe, so she remained silent other than grunting as she worked.  Finally she was forced to stop by a rather stubborn boulder that weighed way too much for her to move on her own.  The voices continued to speak, although muffled, around her. 

They have to be close if I can hear them through the rubble.  Well, enemy or not, dying by a blaster shot or getting gutted would be better than suffocating or starving to death...

Hoping she wasn't making the last mistake of her unruly life, Xy called out, "Hello?!  Hello?  HELP!  I'm buried and can't get out! Hello?" She waited a few minutes to see if they could even hear her.  The voices abruptly stopped and silence fell around her.

Oh, frak.  I knew this was a bad idea... 

"HELLO!!!!!?"
She screamed louder, hoping against all hope that an ally would find her.  She heard footsteps clambering over debris approaching her location and what sounded like a muffled "Hwwwwwo? whhhhh deerrrrrrrr?"

Xy repeated her cries so that whoever it was could pinpoint her location and start digging her out.  She heard the voice closer and call out other words she couldn't understand.  She heard rocks being dragged and moved around. 

They're digging for me, whoever it is. 

She kept trying to move debris, she was starting to feel like she couldn't breathe.  She heard two loud growls and the large rock she had been trying to move screeched as it was dragged away against the metal floor.  The hole was just big enough for her to crawl through, so she began to wiggle her curvy figure through it.  Her left arm was out ahead of her searching for something to help pull herself out with.

A strong, thick gloved hand grabbed hers and pulled.  She pulled against it dragging herself from the rubble den.  The hand helped her to her feet.  She looked at the owner of the hand, and found herself staring at a very burly and gruff looking man, however, genuine concern and intrigue marred his eyes.  She realized she was still holding his hand, and so she calmly released it. 

"Thanks slick."
TRP/PVT WhiskeyRose/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  742
December 28, 2011 1:46:44 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Standing there quietly Joamer looked over the young woman slowly. She stood in half open defiance as she waited for him to say something. He recognized her attitude, defiant, unruly, troublesome. By the missing patches on her arms he figured whoever had dealt with her before had given up, even thrown her in a cell for her to cool off. He doubted she liked authority much, so he kept the patch with his rank and position hidden for now.

"By the armor and weaponry, I will assume Imperial. Missing patches means either rogue, or someone who is more trouble than she was worth." Looking at her again he readjusted the weapons harness holding his pulse rifle and said "So, which is it?" It was said nonchalantly, a way to draw the answer out without sounding like an order. Though, the underlined threat was there. He made it clear he would not appreciate being lied to.

He turned away from her slightly to watch both ends of the hallway. He could hear his squad in the next room over still working on their issues, and could see the shape of Jaenna standing in the doorway keeping far enough back to not be noticed by their new girl.

Working her mouth back and forth she clicked her teeth for a second before she said "After the Academy they tossed me from group to group. Something about being untrainable and unruly, they just could not handle my awesomeness really I think. So, they stuck with me those ARC morons. Did not take them long to toss me in that cell back there."

Coughing slightly to clear his throat he smiled and said, "Well, I'm Joamer the fruitcakes you hear over there are RAIDERS. I assume you know where we are, so I don't have to explain that. Pick up your rifle and join me if you want, I'm going to scout around in this direction while the squad prepares to get underway."

Moving forward without waiting for her reply he made his way through the debris of the hall and into the next room. Another large office space littered with terminals and data centers, all offline and over half of them crushed by panels from the ceiling. On one side of the room he saw large doors standing partly open, with a sign above them that read;

Caution: Advanced Weaponry.

Keeping his rifle at the ready he glanced to his side to see the new girl moving with him. After a moment she whispered "I'm Xylonia Rose, Private First Class. People call me Whiskey, wish I had some right now."

He smiled as he motioned her to the side, peeking into the room he frowned as nothing but shadows moved. Most of the racks and containers were empty, to him the room looked older or more experimental than anything. Slinging his rifle behind him he walked up to one large rifle like object. It was long, cylindrical in shape with knobs, tubes, and containers designed into each other nearly seamlessly. The paint design was blue and white, picking the rifle up he quickly read the description and began laughing gently.

Working the knobs and buttons he slowly brought the machine to life as he turned to face Whiskey. He knew his face was shining a light blue from the weapon display, pointing the rifle at the wall he held down the trigger as a blue-white cone of ice shot out from the muzzle. "We have new toys."

Setting the weapon down he attached his pulse rifle to his back so it would not move. Grabbing one of the specially designed harnesses off the wall he quickly strapped the ice-gun to it and slung it around his shoulders. He saw WhiskeyRose doing the same a moment later without being told to. Waiting for her to get done he walked out of the room, and made his way back to the squad. Stopping for a moment in the hallway he saw two dead guards on the floor with two more standing halfway in the collapsed room.

"Hands up, no one move. Now, who is in charge here?" The guard closest to Joamer said to the squad.

"If you knew anything about Imperial insignia you would know it was me!" Joamer shouted as he leveled the gun at the two remaining guards. He watched as they turned to face him, their rifles swinging around to fire at him. Squeezing the trigger he smiled grimly as one of the guards began to freeze solid, the other quickly joined him as WhiskeyRose stepped beside him and began firing her rifle.

Lowering his gun a moment later he looked inside the room carefully to see his squad standing around with bewildered expressions on their faces. "New toys, down the hallway. Advanced weapons room, two left in there."

"Who the hell are you?" He heard Whiskey say a few seconds later.

Sighing slowly he stepped up to one of the frozen guards and smashed his torso in with the butt of his rifle. He watched as the ice spider-webbed out slowly before the mass seemed to explode and collapse at the same moment. "Reistlin Joamer, Sergeant Major. Squad Leader RAIDERS." Hanging the rifle from its harness he kicked out his left foot shattering the remaining frozen body as he looked at the new girl of the group.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

WhiskeyRose
ComNet n00b

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  8
December 28, 2011 4:42:04 PM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
Xy looked at Joamer with her head slighlty cocked to one side.  A smirk of enjoyment spread on her amber lips. 

He's commanding but not pushy.  I like this one.

She readjusted the strap of her new toy so that it would be easier to wield in a hurry.  She double checked to make sure her rifle was also easy to grab quickly.  She really didn't want to get caught defenseless if the shit hit the fan, which she was almost positive would happen at the rate things were going. 

"I guess I better introduce myself to the rest of your squad so they don't mistake me for a rogue," she winked at Joamer as she stepped past him.

Xy stepped around chunks of the ceiling to the room Joamer had just leaned into.  She took her time looking at each indiviual, memorizing their faces.  If they got into combat, she wanted to make sure she knew who her new allies were.  She knew she may not be here by choice or that she really gave two fraks about the Army.  However, she also knew she was not getting out of this mess or off this planet alone.  She may have been stubborn, but she was not stupid.

Everyone had a bandage or two here and there.  Bone was even sticking out of one of the men's arms through the gauze.  She winced at all the injuries everyone had sustained. 

Holy Force, luck was on my side for once.

Soon, everyone was staring back at her with their hands casually landing on at least one of their weapons.

"Hi.  I'm Xylonia Rose.  Private First Class.  I guess I'm with you guys for now until we get off this shitty ice cube.  You can call me Xy, whiskey or Rose."

Joamer nodded to his squad.  "She was sent her because she's a trouble maker and the ACR's couldn't handle her so, they locked her up.  She'll fit in nicely, don't you think Jae?"  He grinned almost knowingly.

Jaenna looked the wet-ear over and made a displeased grunting noise.  She turned her back to them and focused on helping Mox to his feet.

Xy rolled her shoulders uncomfortably.

Why are you upset? If you ran into you in a half destroyed base would you trust you either.

She walked over to one soldier who's foot was a mangled mess.  She reached her hand down to him palm up. 

"Want a hand?  I'll be your other foot for ya'."

She smiled at him hoping she wasn't making an ass of herself.  He looked up at her, wary at first.  Then he returned her smile, half wincing, and took her hand.

"Coadster's the name.  I could use a spare foot about now.  That's Heliwer there with the cigarette.  Mox," he nodded to each person as he named them, "Dusk, Jaenna, and Beta who seems to be suffering a severe case of amnesia.  Oh boy."

Xy hoisted him up and put an arm under his shoulder, supporting half his weight so he could use her as a crutch.  He squinched up his nose in thought.

"Hold on, switch sides, how're you supposed to shoot if your using your right arm to hold me up?"

Xy grinned ear to ear and smugly replied, "I'm left handed sugar.  They won't know what hit em' when they meet my trigger finger."

Coadster smiled, slightly relieved and slightly worried at the same time. 

"Hey," she whispered in his ear, "you don't have any whiskey by chance do ya?"

Coadster raised an eyebrow at her, "No..."

"Damn," she muttered, clearly disappointed.

She rearranged herself so that she and Coadster could walk as one. 

She looked over her shoulder at Joamer, "So, Serg'... Where to?  Let's get the frak out of here!" 

She put as much respect as she could in her statement.  She actually wanted guidance, wanted to be a part of a team.  However, she had only met idiots and shovenistic pigs since she joined the Army.

They treated her like she was garbage even though she could kick any of their asses and out perform them on any training exercise.  They couldn't get it through their thick skulls that she was never going to lick their boots just to be "accepted".  She didn't want to work with any of them.  The few other women she had encountered were no real soldiers either.  They were all talk and no walk. 

Whimpering, crying babies, really...

She was impressed with Joamer already.  He could clearly hold his own, and even though he was a Sergeant Major, he didn't bark orders at her.  Her curousity was afire and she was hoping that maybe she found a team that quite possibly could be a right fit for her.  She half smiled, partly nervous, and partly afraid. Something felt right about this squad though.  They all looked seasoned and hardcore.  Every single one of them seemed to have a mischeivious glint in their eyes as well.  She didn't feel like such an odd duck at the moment.

I want to earn a spot in his squad.

Quite possibly for the first time in her life, she was seeking leadership to follow and had the desire to shine in the ranks.
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1681
Total Posts:  2413
December 28, 2011 5:20:56 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Graded to here
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-2] [GC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC]  [ESC09]
A13 Vehicle Mechanic
Dusk
ComNet Initiate

Dusk

Post Number:  108
Total Posts:  458
December 28, 2011 8:01:02 PM    View the profile of Dusk 
The squad had moved out of the demolished room to a slightly less destroyed hallway. Karash had just finish patching Dusk's arm up.

"How the hell am I supposed to shoot with this?" Dusk asked gesturing towards the stump he had left of his right arm.
"I don't know, shoot with the other."Karash said walking away.

Bracing himself against the wall, Dusk managed to stand. Reversing his rifle strap so he could fire with his left hand. Good thing I'm ambidextrous. Dusk thought as he gripped the handle.

He hobbled into the hallway and leaned against the wall to catch his breath. Taking out his personal data-pad, he logged a voice journal. He stumbled forward to the next room and saw more carnage. Glancing into another room he saw Karash and Coad searching it for anything that could be used in case of an attack. Hearing someone else a little bit farther up the hall, he moved towards it.

Coming in he saw Heliwer sitting on a broken stool leaning against the wall having a smoke. Gesturing at the chair at the metal table nearby, Heli gave him a slight nod. Slowly lowering himself into the chair, he placed his rifle against the table. Taking out his Sabacc cards, he began to shuffle it as well as he could with only one arm. Heliwer gave him a glance out of one of his half closed eyes, then at the cards.

Getting up Heli joinded Dusk. "Wanna' play a hand?" Dusk asked casually.
"Might as well, not much to do right now. Want a lite?" Heli said pulling out one of his lungblasters.
"No, I don't smoke."
"Eh, suit yourself."
Dealing the cards they went into a game with no stakes.

*                          *                        *

After a few hands, they had won some and lost some each. At the end they went into a sudden death sort of thing, winner takes all bragging rights which ended with Dusk loosing.

"Your pretty good." Heli said standing.
"Not bad your self." Dusk responded, picking up the cards and placing them back into their pocket.
"Sorry about your arm, it probably sucks more than I do on my lungblasters." He said with a chuckle.
"Heh, your quite right my friend, quite right." Dusk said stepping out of the room.

Walking back to the room that had his helmet, the private could not help but see how bad the squad had really fared. He noticed he hadn't seen the ARKs in a while. 'Meh, probably out scouting or somthing. If I'm lucky we didn't dig them out. With my luck though, not likely.

Slipping his helmet on, he stepped back out into the hallway. Oh, why was I so careless. I should have ducked under the nearest object when I could have. Had I done that I probably would still have a functioning right side. He thought looking down at the stump of an arm, me mentally kicked himself.

Looking down the way the squad had come from, the pair of idiots known to him as ARC 1 and ARC 2. Both he hated, and the feeling was more likely than not mutual. "Were's Joamer?" ARC 2 asked.
"How the hell am i supposed to know? What am I, his caretaker? No. Go find him yourselves you bloody idiots!" Dusk said and began to walk away.

He could here the ARCs walk the way they came. Looking ahead he could see Jaenna standing just outside a door looking like she was ready to jump into action at the slightest incident. Thinking better of approaching danger in his state of health, Dusk stood down. A few minutes later he saw three silhouettes, Two female one male. The male was obviously Joamer and another must have been Jaenna, but the third had left him clueless.

He debated weather or not to go after them, he decided on the later when he saw a group of four men. Enhancing the image on his HUD he saw that they were guards. He struggled to lift his rifle without the strap on. Once the guards were in firing range, Dusk let loose a quick burst hitting one in the leg and another in the chest. Coad quickly popped his head out and droped the one with the wounded leg and helped Dusk get behind cover.

"Hands up, no one move. Now, who is in charge here?" The one furthest from the squad called. Dusk noticed two faces lit with blue behind the guards.
"If you knew anything about Imperial insignia you would know it was me!" Joamer shouted as he leveled the gun at the two remaining guards. From it came a cone of ice that froze the man solid. The female from before shot the other with a like weapon.

The squad came out and looked at the duo with amazement. "New toys, down the hallway. Advanced weapons room, two left in there."
"Who the hell are you?" The new woman said a couple seconds later. Joamer gave her his answer.

Walking as fast as he could without his rifle, Dusk surprisingly made it there first. He walked up to the weapon rack and tested the weight of the gun. He noticed some straps made for the weapon and tried it with those. Making it ten times easier to carry. Dusk walked out with his new favorite toy.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction."
~Xephos

Smile!!! Tomorrow will be worse.

TRP/PVT Dusk/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[DT][RAWR]
WhiskeyRose
ComNet n00b

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  10
December 28, 2011 11:49:07 PM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
Joamer nodded to Xy, "Whiskey, put Coed down for a minute and help Karash get an injury report.  I need to know where everyone is at before we move forward, or upward in this case."

Joamer looked at Jaenna, "You and I will stand guard for now." Together they took point in the hallway just outside the room to keep an eye out for any more mercs.

Xy smirked at Coedster as she lowered him into a chair, "When we're ready to move out, I'll be your foot again Sugar."  She winked at him and made her way carefully through the rubble ridden floor by tip-toeing to Karash. He was squatting down next to Mox who was leaning against a pile of concrete and metal.  "I don't need your help.  I heard Joa, now go away so I can do my job."  Xy winced and turned around to go back the way she came.

Nice to meet you too dill hole.

Xy walked over to Heliwer, "How ya' feeling?"

"Like shit," he muttered through half open lips that held his cigarette that was hanging there like an ornament adorning the bad ass.  Xy sat on the ground next to him and pulled out a fat cigar.  She put it in her mouth and dug around her armor.

"Damn it, where in frak did I put that..."  Knowing exactly what she was digging for, Heliwer lifted his good arm to light her cigar for her.  "Here," his voice was deep and raspy, probably from the pain.  She put the end of the cigar in his flame and puffed on it until its embers glowed like a candle in the dark. 

"Thanks."  She took in a long drag.  She remained silent.  She didn't want to prod the man to "get to know him".  She hated it when people did that to her. 

"I hope you know how to handle yourself little girl.  We're royally frakked down here, and we're going to need you to help us fight out of this if you want to live."  He exhaled smoke as Karash came over and started taking notes of all of Heliwer's injuries in his data pad.

"I always fight to live, and fight to live my way."  Xy gently patted Heliwer's shoulder before she stood up.  "Thanks for the light.  I need to find some grub since we are resting."  She left Karash to examine Heliwer.

Well, warm welcomes all around.  Maybe that's what makes this crew different than the rest.  They don't trust easily, like me.

Xy went over to one of the desks and began trying to open one of the dented drawers.  The drawer was not budging.  She pulled out her large knife and stuck it in to pry it open. She groaned out load as she put as much effort as possible on her knife. 

"ARGGGGGGGGH!"  It was useless.  She stood upright and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand.  "Alright mother frakker, you're going to open right now."  She grabbed the ice gun slung at her side and pointed it at the drawer.  Blue light flared up and brightened her smirking face as she fired it. 

Ice crackled as it formed on the metal desk.  Ice mostly built up on the drawer she was aiming at.  She held down the trigger laughing in glee as ice formed a circle from the nozzle.  When she took her finger off the trigger, an ice wreath crackled on the metal drawer.  She kicked the drawer of the desk and it instantly shattered. 

A pile of rations fell to the floor in the midst of the shattered ice and metal.  She gracefully leaned over, her perfect rump high in the air with her victory.  She plucked a packaged ration from the floor and ripped it open with her pearly teeth.  She leaned against a wall as she took a bite and chewed.

Everyone in the room was staring at her.  She shrugged with a mouthful, "What?  If you want some, there's plenty to go around," she then grimaced and gulped, swallowing the dry hard paste and shuddered.  "Gah... But do so at your own risk.  It tastes like an old stale Yule log!"  Despite the horrid taste, she forced herself to swallow and take another bite.  She hadn't eaten in at least a day or two.

She walked as she took another bite.  She noticed Joamer and Jaenna standing oddly close to each other and staring intently at each other outside the room as she walked past the doorway.  Joamar's hands were on her shoulders and he seemed to be talking very intently to Jaenna. 

"What's up with those two?  It looks like they are about to kiss under the mistletoe."  The room erupted into laughter.

"Are you nuts?" exclaimed Coedster. 

"She must be," said Heliwer, "She can't tell the difference between a Squad Leader looking out for his crew and romantics."  He shook his head making smoke circle his head.

"Jeesh, sorry.  They just look awfully intent at each other out there."  Xy paced the room uneasily.  "Especially since Serg' looks like a stocking so stuffed he's about to explode."

Dusk stood up angered by her comment.  "Shut your mouth you little bitch! If you ever talk about Joamer that away again, I swear I'll..."

Xy cut him off, "Look, I was just making an observation! SORRY!"

Great I just blew it.  They all will hate me now.  Why can't I learn to keep my frakkin opinions to myself?

Coedster stared blankly at Xy, "What's mistletoe?"

Xy sighed, but smiled welcoming the question.  "It's a bunch of branches of a plant with little berries, called Holly, tied together with ribbon.  During the celebration of Life once a year, people hang it from their ceiling.  When a man and woman are both standing under it, they kiss."

Coedster scowled, "That sounds ridiculous and pointless!  And how could you think that about the Sergeant Major and Jaenna? You're sick, you know that? Besides, you know nothing about us!"

Way to make some new friends dumb ass.

Xy sighed.  She was screwing up again.  She puffed on her cigar deep in thought.  The cigar tasted much better than the ration. 

God, I will would frakkin kill for a piece of reindeer jerky right now.

She thought of Reg then.  Their first year celebrating the celebration of Life together was on Shiloh.  That was a great ship, Shiloh.  She was only just 16 then.  Reg had taken her under his wing, and she had developed deep feelings for him.  She had stayed awake the whole night waiting for morning that day.  Reg stumbled out of his cabin with sleep still in his eyes, but he smiled warmly at her regardless.  He was wearing a brown fluffy robe and a red fluffy pointy hat with a white puffy ball hanging from the tip.  White fur lined the rim of the hat.  He ran up to her and picked her up in his arms squeezing her in a bear hug.  Her heart fluttered in her stomach as she felt his pectoral muscles against her chest.

"I have a gift for you Rose."  He pulled a prettily wrapped small box from one of the cupboards in the mess hall they were standing in.  It was wrapped in violet shining paper and silver ribbon.  She carefully took the gift, silenced by this surprise.  His grey eyes stared at her, eager and bright.  "Open it Rose, my sweet Rose." His hand cupped her cheek...

Xy wiped the tear forming in her eye away and punched the wall screaming nothing in particular. 

Reg...

Every time she thought of him, fireworks exploded inside her.  The pain was too great. 

Oh God, I miss you Reg.

She opened her eyes and looked about the room. 

Do I even have a chance at making comrades here?

She bit her bottom lip in worry.  She wished she was drunk right then to wash the pain away.  Whiskey would be best, but at that moment she'd even kill to drink some lame ass champagne.

Dusk walked up to her, "What the hell are you sniffling about?  You're the one being a bitch!"

Xy snapped.  Her now light grey eyes (they had been light blue before) locked on Dusk.  "You aren't the top hat around here!"  She backed away from Dusk and stormed over to Karash.  "Are you done yet?  Serg' wanted a report."

Karash looked up at the new girl annoyed.  "It'll be ready when I'm done.  I'll send it to his data pad when it's ready.  Perhaps you should get some air."

Xy sighed and stormed out of the room.  She walked over to Joamer and Jaenna.  "Serg', Karash said when he's done he'll send the report directly to your data pad."  Joamer examined her face carefully.  An intelligent man, he could see something was bothering her, but before he could inquire his data pad emitted a light beeping noise.  He lifted it and sure enough, message number 2012 was Karash's injury report.

"Sergeant Heliwer: left arm broken; right ear drum ruptured, temporary deafness in right ear only; four broken ribs; three bruised ribs; shock - should pass soon if it hasn't already.

Gunnery Sergeant Jaenna: Minor head laceration and bruised arm.

Private Coadster: Shattered foot and ankle - must stay off of, needs surgical attention soon; bruises/scrapes nothing else serious.

Private Dusk: broken right arm and sprained right leg; concussion - functional but needs proper treatment.

Corporal Beta: Severe Concussion; head laceration; amnesia - tranquilizing might be only option to get him to move willingly.

Private Mox: shattered left arm - possibly needs amputation; five broken ribs; 2 bruised ribs; broken jaw; multiple burns - 3rd and 2nd degree- needs immediate medical care - Joa we need to get the frak out ASAP. - Karash"

Joamer gulped as he finished reading the tablet.  Jaenna watched him worriedly.  "We need to get going, and fast. Let's get ready to move out squad!" He tucked the data pad away and nodded to Jaenna and Xy.  "Lock and load girls, shit's about to get rolling."
[This message has been edited by WhiskeyRose (edited December 29, 2011 3:43:45 PM)]
Heliwer117
ComNet Cadet

Heliwer117

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  238
December 29, 2011 9:41:33 PM    View the profile of Heliwer117 
Heliwer didn’t know what to think of the new girl. In one way, she reminded him of Jaenna, the fact that she seemed to be a tough girl and wanted to get on with the mission at hand. In another, she reminded him of his old fiancé, both strongly independent and allergic to any kind of strong authority. He let out a sigh. When this was all over, he would suck up his pride and ask Dusk, the new girl, and the assistant squad leader to a round of Sabacc. Hopefully they knew how to play.

Pain shot through his arm as he moved. He couldn’t move like this, not with this kind of situation. The decision was clear cut and painful to think of, but it would have to work. Feeling the beginnings of shock, he took a huge drag to keep it away, then proceeded to spit out the butt and pull out a small canteen. He uncorked it with his mouth, spat out the top, and took a big swig. The contents, unknown to the other members of the squad, consisted of strong whiskey. It kept the pain away and started to dull the senses. This is what he needed.

“Hey. New girl.” He called. “Get over here. Need ya for something”

“My name is Xylonia Rose, not new girl.” said trooper grunted, but she came over nonetheless. Gently, he grabbed her arm and moved it so it was on his haran arm’s wrist.

“Hold it tight.”

She gave a look of confusion, but she gripped it tight. Heliwer felt where the bone had gone through the skin and gently felt whatever was left of the flesh. Not much. That’ll make this easier.

Very quickly, he finished the rest of his canteen, threw it aside, and drew his big bowie knife. Before any words could be said about what he was up to, he cut through what was left of his arm. Xylona dropped the limb out of shock, and the squad turned to see what their local idiot was up to. The big trooper’s lighter was produced and lit underneath the stump, causing excruciating pain and cauterizing the wound. After a few seconds, he flicked it off. He managed to get another lit cigarette into his mouth somehow and started moving his way up. Karash stood in front of him. “You are going to behave yourself and take it easy. Don’t want a dead trooper on our hands.”

“Shut up, Doc.” Heliwer growled. To further emphasize his point, he drew one of his revolvers and roughly shoved Karash away. “I know I’ll go into shock. But Adrenaline is on my side right now. I can keep this up till we evac, I’ll be alright.”

Walking a few doors down, he noticed the sound of footsteps behind him attempting to catch up. When he turned around, he was staring over the top of Xylona’s head, due to his height… Which was a good thing because she was fuming and could kill a Rancor with her stare. “Why the hell did you not tell me what you were going to do!?”

“Uh, because you wouldn’t do it?”

“Well even so! Hells bells! What the frakk did you do that for? Did you even see if the doc could fix it?!”

This uttered a loud chuckle from him. “Nice? Xy, I have gutted men without giving second thought to it. I had to remove it. It would hamper my performance.”

A clang came from one of the rooms. He peeked in and saw three mercenaries searching through the rubble for survivors and items of value. “Tell you what, kid.” He grinned. “You cover my back.”

He took a deep breath before turning to her. “And this,” He said as he gave her butt a playful slap. “Is for getting on my nerves earlier.”

This must not register as a way to let off steam. Their strength: my wound. Their weakness: overconfidence. First, target man in the left of the room. Two shots, one to the kneecap, second to the right lung. Then, one shot to the throat of the center mercenary and one to the remaining man’s shoulder. Fire last two shots into the man with the shot lung and man who’s throat was shot through. Both shots to the head. For the remaining man, throw revolver at his head to distract him. Draw knife and jump on to him, stabbing through his heart.

With no time to spare, he stormed into the room. As he planned out in his head, he fired his gun, downing the mercenaries with his well placed shots. After he finished killing two of them, he threw the empty gun at the head of the other merk as he drew his knife. It only took a second to plunge the blade deep into his heart. The big trooper was breathing heavily.

“Oh grancha…” He wheezed before collapsing from shock, finally (to Karash’s relief/dismay).
TRP/SGT Heliwer/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1][PT] [A5]

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with high explosives." - Valkyrie
[This message has been edited by Heliwer (edited December 29, 2011 10:03:03 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  745
December 29, 2011 10:53:38 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer watched as Karash leaned down and examined the unconscious form of Heliwer. After a few moments of checking the stump and a few places around his head he looked up and said, "He's unconscious from the shock, should wear off eventually. We will have to carry him till then." Joamer had been with Karash for long enough to know the man knew what that meant, the already battered and slow squad would be slower and one less person to fight when the time came.

Looking around slowly he took a mental calculation of their chances in their current condition. Out of nine people, only four could fight with any real sense of ability. Everyone else was either majorly out of it, like in Beta's case, or with such severe injuries fighting would be hazardous to everyone around them. Picking two people to carry a stretcher would hamper them to the point of death, he knew to carry the young man would mean someone would surely die. They simply did not have the resources or the manpower to do it, and get out of this hell alive.

"Wake him up." Joamer ordered Karash. It was possibly the first real direct order he had given the medic. He saw the man begin to refuse so he said, "As squad medic I know you can overrule me, but I'm ordering you and will take full responsibility if we get out of this for anything that happens to him in the long run from waking him up. Pump him, and everyone else who needs it full of morphine, codine, adrenaline, and anything else they need to be functional. I know it's going to come back and bite us soon, but we need to get out of here. No one is going to come down here and save our sorry hides, you can bet on that."

Walking away from Karash he stepped up to Beta and looked down at the man he had known for many years. He had not moved from his previous spot, nor said much of anything since the last time Joamer had spoken to him. Kneeling down he looked the younger man in the eyes and saw nothing but emptiness starring back at him. "Kurt." He doubted he had ever used the man's first name during a mission before, or maybe ever. They had not really done much of anything outside of squad related activities. He still counted him as a friend though, they had been through too much together not to. "Kurt, I know somewhere you are still in there. I need your help, the squad needs your help. With the way you hold that rifle I know your training is still there, help all of us. I need you on point with Jae, you are one of the few left who can actually function normally."

He let the seconds tick by slowly as Beta simply starred off into nothing. Standing up he sighed once and squared his jack-boots for what was to come. "Fine, you leave me no choice. Corporal Kurt Rythoren, you are hereby ordered to snapto and assume point position." He hated giving orders like this, he knew sometimes he had to but it just felt wrong to order people around he had known for a long time. Beta did not move, but he did notice his fingers tightening around his rifle slightly. "Move your ass trooper, that is an order."

Closing his eyes he knew what he needed to do now, since Beta had failed to respond to two direct orders. Threatening the young man seemed the only way to shake him out of his comatose state. He would probably be brought up on charges for this, but if it got his squad home he did not care. Taking one step forward he gripped Beta by the neck and lifted him off of the rubble he had been standing on. Turning to the side he slammed him up against the wall and ignored the sharp intakes of breath he could hear behind him from several members of the squad. "Now, you are going to do what I say. Or, I will shoot you and leave you to rot down here. Do I make myself clear?"

He saw a flash of anger in Beta's eyes, and just for a brief moment recognition. After a second the young man said, "I'll take point, but watch your back. There will be a reckoning for this." Setting the man down he stepped to the side as Beta picked up his rifle and walked out of the room. Looking down at his hands he said, "Squad prepare to move out, once everyone is doped and on stims we march. Time for us to go home."
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

Post Number:  59
December 30, 2011 12:43:34 AM    View the profile of Coadster 
Coad was pulled up from his position on the floor by Xylonia, and the group began to move, albeit slowly. It was embarrassing for him to be helped along like a cripple, though he knew it certainly was the case. He refrained from saying anything to the woman moving him along as well, knowing full well how volatile the RAIDERS could be, and wary of anyone else added; in her case, it seemed wariness was a good policy. As a matter of fact, wariness was a good policy for the whole of the RAIDERS at this point.

Beta joined Jae at point, and Karash gave Heliwer a stimpack to the chest. The man’s eyes flew open, and his single arm flew up at Karash in alarm, his burnt and bloody stump gesticulating grotesquely. It took a moment for Heli to register the situation, but when he did he let out a groan of pain, his eyes rolling back for a second bout of unconsciousness. Karash cursed and took out a long capsule from his medical belt.

The last inch of the capsule popped off like a cap, revealing a long needle, which was inserted near the mortified nub of an arm. It made a hiss as it emptied its contents into Heli, and Heli did the same as his back relaxed and touched the hallway floor. His eyes were still open, and he gave a wain smile to Karash, though there was a particularly feverish look about him. Dusk took his arm with his own. As the two started moving, the party began their trek down the hall, toward the dreaded stairs.

And so their band went: Jae and Beta ahead, the injured folks in the middle, the ARC troops behind, and Joamer trailing behind. It was slow going, though, even after Karash had trudged down the line, giving the royal psychiatric treatment to the damaged RAIDERS.

With the first shot a cold chill up his spine and through his body, like icy water for a few heartbeats. Which began palpatating faster, he noticed. The hair on his neck stood on end, and he couldn’t help but flinch from Karash’s next needle, though he quelled the urge to jump back or try to slap it away. With this one, it was cold, then warmed up until he could feel nothing in his leg where it’d been injected. The numbness enveloped his whole appendage up to his waist, which he could not help but poke at through his armor. A smaller dose was applied to his arm, and the burn was blissfully nonexistent according to his pain receptors.

“Even though you might not feel the damned thing, don’t put weight on it,” He’d said to Coad, popping the cap back onto the needle and tossing it aside. “If you do, you might get a shiny new foot to go with the rest of the squad’s assembly-ready appendages.”

The drugs, while it helped with the pain, made it nigh-on impossible to concentrate, which made the steps quite an ordeal in itself. Hop, stop. Hop, stop. he thought to himself, letting Xylonia take a step then hoist him up. The thoughts got cloudy as they went, though, and the clouds in his head built up to a static nuisance. He furrowed his brow and pushed on, taking it a step at a time. Space, though, he wanted to stop… He was jittery, though, and everything seemed too slow, too quiet. He could hear the echoes of their shuffling steps, and it sounded to him like they were being followed. That was probably the stim. He tried to hold onto that feeling more than the other.

In time the ARC troopers came right up against the injured party, murmuring their disapproval at their slowness. They rode the group like a hovercar in intense traffic, and eventually relented and began to help instead of grumble. One moved under Heli’s remaining arm and supported him, and the other did the same thing too, ignoring the muffled grunts and hums of disapproval coming from the Private.

Three flights of stairs, four, five… I don’t even… remember climbing down… why is it so difficult to climb back up?

He refrained from his urge to walk himself many a-time, pulling his smashed foot back in alarm when he could feel gravity pull against his leg, and he had to fight intensely against muscle memory. He almost tumbled Whiskey a few times as well, who like everyone else was exhausted from the climb if by nothing else but supporting Cody. The buzzing in his head grew more intense as they went, and the chemicals were doing something to him, though when he tried to think about it the buzzing grew louder. If climbing stairs was this difficult, he wondered to himself, how are we ever going to get out?
(A9)
WhiskeyRose
ComNet n00b

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  17
December 31, 2011 3:01:20 PM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
Like a wasp about to sting, her hand flew at the back of Heliwer’s head.  Her hand whizzed against air as he ran into the room to take out the enemy.  Damn! He had been too quick for her.  Xylonia watched him drop the mercenaries like flies, and then Heliwer dropped himself.  She fumed staring at his unconscious body.  First he drank a whole canteen of whiskey without offering her a swig, then he called her “girl”, and then he had the nerve to slap her ass!  The scowl on her face at that moment could have turned a Hutt to stone.  She watched Karash move to revive him after Joamer gave the order.  She looked around, their predicament was pretty horrid. 

Her dark grey orbs watched Joamer walk up to Beta and take control of the situation.  She found herself impressed with how Joamer handled the situation.  He was doing what was necessary to save their hides.  She could tell he did not want to be so stern and threaten Beta’s life, but she could also see that Joamer would do everything he could to save his squad members.  She nodded approvingly.  She would have done the same thing if she was in his boots.  When Beta went to take point with Jaenna, and Dusk helped Heliwer up, she knew it was time to go.  She walked over to Coadster and helped him to his feet, shouldering part of his weight.  She could feel his discomfort of having a woman help him walk.  She wanted to say something to tell him not to be embarrassed and that it wasn’t his fault his foot got turned into pudding.  But, she decided any sort of statement would probably make him feel even worse.  So, she just kept moving and tried to think of ways she was going to beat Heliwer’s ass into ground meat when they got out of here. 

They had come to the stairs, to help Coadster up each step she grabbed the back of his belt with the arm she had around him.  She hoisted him up as best she could each step.  She easily noticed that exhaustion was settling in on him and his bad foot started to drag as he instinctively tried to put it down each step.  She saw him fighting it, pulling his foot back in alarm each step.  Between hearing his jaw clicking as he ground his teeth in pain, she could hear footsteps above them on the stairs.  Looking sideways at Coadster, he was looking back at her.  By the glint in his eyes, she knew he heard them too.  While still looking at Coadster, she pointed the ice gun in her left hand up towards the footsteps above and motioned for him to get on her back.  She nodded to him waiting for him to acknowledge he understood. 

Coadster nodded and stood on his good foot to let Xylonia get in front of him.  She squatted down so he could climb on her back.  He squeezed his legs tightly to hold himself to her and wrapped his arms under hers and clung to her chest.  “Erm, eh, uh, sorry! It’s the only good way to hold on!” he stammered.  She looped her arms under his knees and stood.  “It’s fine. It’s not like you can feel anything through my armor. Just hold on.” With Coadster on her piggy back style, she was able to have her rifle in one hand and the ice gun in the other.  She grunted as her muscles tensed to hold him on her back.  He was heavy, but she had lifted more before.  The adrenaline coursing through her helped her focus on the task at hand.  She tensed her leg muscles even more, bending down like a coil getting ready to spring.  She inhaled a deep breath through her nose and let it out her mouth. It’s go time. “MOVE!” she yelled as she sprang forward up the stairs.

Everyone ahead of her jumped against the nearest wall or ducked as she ran past them.  More than one look of shock or confusion followed her as she ran past with Coadster.  Jaenna called out after her, “Hey! What are you doing?  What the frack?”

Breathing heavily from the effort of running and carrying Coadster, all Xylonia could respond with was, “attack.”  She flew around the corner with her guns pointed ahead.  The first mercenary came into her sights.  He was kneeling there in his black armor with his gun propped on his knee, waiting for them.  He paused simply shocked at seeing a female trooper with a bulkier trooper riding her piggy back.  She squeezed the trigger of her rifle without slowing her momentum.  The shot entered the mercenary square between the eyes and he fell over, his body racking with movement as the last signals from his brain echoed through his corpse. She lithely stepped over the mercenary’s convulsing body and continued upward.  Her muscles were screaming at her that she was pushing the limit.  The knowledge that more enemies lurked ahead kept her moving. My legs may be sorer than a Hutt’s ass after this but I am not going to die here.

Coadster’s adrenaline kicked into high gear, inspired by Xylonia’s sudden burst of craziness.  Riding Xylonia certainly was easier than hopping up the stairs and had given him some energy back.  Confident he had the strength to hold onto her with one arm and his thighs; he grabbed his rifle and held it under Xylonia’s arm, pointed out in front of her.  “I’ll cover you!” he yelled so she would hear over the noise of running footsteps above them and behind them.  Everyone was in full motion now, at least as fast as they could go with the injured.  Jaenna and Beta came up close behind her, both ready to take out any more enemies. 

Xylonia could hear Joamer giving orders in the rear to speed things up, “ARCS carry Heliwer and go as fast as you can!  Dusk get up there and help cover us!  Let me know if there are any more surprises waiting for us up there Whiskey!  Beta follow Jaenna’s lead!!!” Joamer yelled upward hoping they could hear him.  “Move! Move! Move! RAIDERS MOVE!!!!!!!”

Xylonia heard several more footsteps running down the stairs.  Frack! She stopped and leaned her head over the side and looked up.  She whistled loudly, her ice gun pointed up and ready.  Six heads in black helmets peeked over various railings of the stairs above in the shaft.  That’s what she was waiting for.  She blasted the ice gun as soon as their heads came into view.  The large tube of ice spewing from the gun engulfed the entire width of the corridor.  Men’s screams echoed off the concrete and metal closely followed by the sound of cracking ice.  The screams died away as heads in black helmets started falling down the stairway shaft to the bottom floor. They looked like ice cubes with flies inside them.  Remnants of ice fell slowly down the shaft like snow.  After she heard six distinct thumps and shattering of ice that sounded like glass breaking, Xylonia grinned and started running again up the stairs.  She was exhausted, and her muscles were afire in pain.  She was sure she pulled at least one muscle so far.  “I think all is clear for now Squad Leader!!!!!”  She actually laughed, her laugh echoed in the stairway.  This is fun. 

As they rounded another corner, close to the top of the stairs, Coadster saw one more mercenary out of the corner of his eye.  He blasted his rifle three times in quick succession.  The mercenary that was hiding in ventilation shaft above them fell to the ground with a loud thump.  Xylonia looked down at the black heap and watched blood ooze from one shot in his heart and two in his head that were almost unrecognizable as two shots as they were perfectly aligned.  “Nice shootin’ Bullseye.  But were three shots really necessary?”

Coadster looked at his left hand holding his rifle confused.  His good arm was ruined and he never could shoot the side of imperial cruiser with his left hand.  Jaenna stepped up behind them silently with the tip of her rifle smoking from recent use.

She smirked, “Triple tap.  Never can be too sure.” 

Coadster sulked as he found where his rounds had plunked into three different spots in the wall.  Xylonia laughed making her sides ache even more.  She reached the top floor with Jaenna in tow and moved to the side of the stairs to allow the others plenty of room to breach the top.  She kept Coadster on her back.  She knew once she set him down, she wouldn’t be able to pick him up again.  Jaenna and Beta came to the top first; they were practically on Xylonia’s heels since she was bogged down by Coadster.  While they took point, listening and watching for more mercenaries that may be on their way, Xylonia took out a stim pack from her belt and injected it into her neck.  She knew she would need the extra boost to keep going. I’m getting out of here alive and in one piece blast it all!
[This message has been edited by WhiskeyRose (edited January 1, 2012 4:51:06 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  748
January 2, 2012 4:39:42 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
He saw Jaenna signal signal with her hand in the silent language all the RAIDERS knew by heart. Stepping through the squad he motioned the two ARC boys to stay in the rear and watch for anyone coming up the stairs. Kneeling down next to Jaenna he peeked around the last corner for a moment before slipping back inside the hallway.

After a moment he glanced at his squad arranged in a long line behind him before grimacing to Jaenna, she nodded in agreement a moment later. He knew it was a fools hope to believe the main vehicle bay would be deserted after a major attack, but he did not expect to see twenty mercenaries resting near the far door. He knew his squad was in no shape to take on twenty of them, they would get destroyed in the process.

Signalling to Jaenna he said 'We need to get everyone into that APC, I'll drive the bloody thing it's not difficult. You can man the main gun on top of it, looks like a belt fed rifle of some type. Problem is getting everyone the fifty feet to the open rear hatch.'

She looked down at her feet, then back to the squad a moment before replying, 'Those that can do it should go one at a time, stick to the shadows. A few will need help, they will be the most difficult to get into the vehicle. ' Looking up suddenly he heard music starting to play from inside the bay. For a moment he considered retreating incase an attack was coming, but then realized it was not meant for them. The music was being blasted through the speakers outside, some type of psychological warfare was going on.

"Someone is playing games now, not sure if it's the mercenaries doing it or someone on our side. But, I think we just found the cover we needed to get inside the APC." He kept his voice low now, but thankfully they could finally talk quietly. Looking at his squad he glanced at WhiskeyRose and said, "What you missed is there are thirty mercenaries in the bay ahead of us, there is an APC we are going to hijack and make our escape with. We need to go one at a time the fifty feet to the rear of the vehicle. Those that need help can ask for it, coordinate with each other and figure out the best way you can move through the shadows. The music will provide cover too, but be careful."

Leaning against the wall for a long moment he thought about the possible order his squad could go in, he knew it was going to be dangerous for the last people because of how long it would take. By then the mercenaries may of noticed something was up, or even decided to take the APC for a spin in the snow. Motioning for Karash after a moment he waited as the medic moved up silently through the squad. Leaning closer he said, "How is the squad doing, is there anything else you can do before we move out?"

The man thought for a moment as he glanced at each trooper that was injured, after a moment he shook his head. "Almost everyone needs a medical bay more than anything, I could do a few things but it would not do much good in the slightest, plus it would just use up more supplies and take more time."

Joamer nodded as he patted the man on the shoulder, glancing into the vehicle bay again he ducked back inside and nodded once to Karash. The medic was not currently needed and he seemed the best choice to go first, out of everyone he was the least injured and could still move quietly. "If you see them moving in your direction use the gun on top of the APC, we will join you shortly if that happens. If not, find a quiet spot and wait for the rest of us."

Stepping out of the way he motioned for him to step forward. Glancing once at the door he watched the shadow of Karash simply melt into the few patches of darkness around them. He was a trained RAIDER, quite capable of becoming invisible when he wished. He knew it would take several minutes for the man to reach the APC, a single click on the commlink would signal he had made it. Angry shooting and shooting would sound if he was spotted, if that happened all bets were off for sure.

The seconds ticked by like hours as they silently waited for any sort of signal, Joamer fought with the urge to peak around the door again. He did not want to chance a guard seeing his head then opening fire. He also knew they were up against a patrol coming up the stairs and seeing them sprawled out in the hallway. This would not doubt be the last great test for the squad on this mission, atleast he hoped it would be. He knew none of them could take much more punishment.

After what seemed days he heard a single click on his commlink, releasing a breath he had not realized he had been holding he signalled the next member of his squad forward. One down, a lot more to go. He thought to himself as he glanced at Jaenna again.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

Post Number:  62
January 3, 2012 4:50:07 AM    View the profile of Coadster 
Coad flexed his hand, made sure it was still numb.  The vehicle bay was large and open, the yawning entryway letting all the frozen hell of the outside in. Someone had done a damned good number on the room, as there was little left of the previous occupants of the bay except burnt hunks of debris arranged in a more or less orderly fashion. It was  ten hunks long and two rows deep, with a tall vaulted roof  and a large space in the middle, currently where the only APC in the room was parked, and rather haphazardly at that, a black skid leading right up to the diagonally-stopped vehicle.

The entrance was turned toward the end of the hall the RAIDERS found themselves in, and was placed more to the right of the room than the middle. Threw off the feng shui of the room, if you asked Coad. Ah, but of course no one did, and he realized with an effort that it was probably the drugs poking at his thoughts. Ah, how fleeting were they… Whiskey pulled him back into the hallway, to avoid being seen by the mercs on the far end of the bay.

At Joamer’s motion, Karash moved first. Coad hadn’t taken much stock in it before, but Karash could move when he wanted to. His quiet footfalls were covered up by the interesting music on the intercom, and he moved quickly beyond the line of sight of Coadster. Long moments passed before Joamer sighed and motioned for someone else to go. There was a moment’s pause where no one moved, and illogically Coad took a step forward, putting a hand on the hallway wall and pulling from Whiskey. Silent motions of horror and gesticulations that registered as disapproval in Coad’s mind did not stop him from hopping into the room, his fuzzy mind not completely grasping the situation. He remembered he wasn’t to be caught, though. It was like a game.

He crouched and rolled out of the doorway, partly due to Jaenna’s attempt to stopping him by stepping in front of him and only managing to tip him off balance. Joamer’s arm swooped over his head, his body doubled over as his training had taught him to do. His shoulder connected with the floor, and he performed a neat little somersault into the room. He was faced with the wide open space cutting through the rows of scrap, and suddenly he felt very vulnerable. What now?

He attempted to stand, but his dratted bandaged foot seemed to slip from underneath him, and he ended up rolling again. In his cloudy mind, a plan formulated with that spin, and he pushed himself over his head again once momentum brought him on his good foot, he rolled on his back and was brought back to his upright position. Rinse, wash, repeat. His world spun over and under him redundantly as he brought himself to the space between the rows of vehicle shells, and he paused at a rather odd looking piece of shrapnel in his path.

It was like a fender, and too big to move it without making quite a bit of noise, though the raucous tune on the intercom was doing enough of that already. He made a little hop over it, and was surprised to find another piece of weirdly shaped metal behind it. Not being able to change his trajectory, he did the inevitable and landed on it, wincing at the clangor that seemed so loud to him, though in actuality it made much less noise than him jumping between the hunks of charred metal debris. He winced as someone called out, “Hey, who’s there, now?” from a doorway at the very corner of the room.

Coadster tucked himself uncomfortably into a pile of metal and tried to be as still as possible. Metal was kicked out of the way, and Coad steeled himself, realizing his blaster was tucked into its holster on his damned left. Adrenaline helped him think a little more clearly, and he realized that this might spell disaster. Metal clanged together, and a shadow was cast over him. He slowly looked up at his possible doom. What he saw was not quite what he expected.

“Why, sleeping on the job? That’s no just no good!”

A tall man in the standard mercenary armor stood before him, helmet off and a magnificently crafted moustache in its place. He seemed jovial, almost aloof to the fact that he was surrounded by debris caused by the invading VE troopers. Instead of a blaster rifle, he held two small cups, steaming heavily in the biting chill of the gaping entrance.

“Don’t worry, I’ve just the thing. They tried to pull a quick one with the recaf, but I found a good batch. And it’s not absent of caffeine like some barbaric placebo.”

The man shivered and looked beyond the world for a moment, sorrowful contemplation etched on his face, before coming to and returning to his former self. He smiled jovially at Cody, and handed a cup to him. He winked and made the zipped-lips gesture. “Don’t worry now, don’t say a thing. I’m in no shape to work without my pick-me-up either. The powers-that-be will be none the wiser, you can count on it.”

And without another word he picked his way through the clanging metal and jaunted up the middle walkway to his fellow mercs, who tensed for a moment before registering the man and relaxing. While he joined them, Coad picked himself up out of his pocket and hopped at a crouch as best as he was able, unconsciously carrying the cup of fragrant brew in his numbed right hand.

He reached his destination and hopped inside the APC, a sour looking Karash glaring at him from within.

“You looked like a damned droideka rolling about out there,” He whispered at Coadster venemously, eyeing the cup he was carrying with suspicion. “It’s a wonder that mercenary didn’t finish the job that the others started. Would’ve saved me a hell of a lot of trouble, let me tell you. I tell you, I was ready to mow these buggers down at the drop of a hat.”

Coadster was brought back to reality with the warm liquid sliding down his throat and warming his insides; Karash’s words were wind compared to it. He exhaled, feeling a bit more awake from the effects of the drugs, and took in the rich, earthy scent from the brew before taking another swig. Whatever else the moustachio’d man was, he had good taste. With half of it gone, he tapped his intercom for a second’s duration and took his hand away, the signal for the next RAIDER. He considered downing the rest and thought better of it, noticing Karash’s ill humor toward him at the moment. Sheepishly, he held out the mug.

“Would you like some?”
(A9)
MoksPokemon
ComNet Cadet

MoksPokemon

Post Number:  234
Total Posts:  659
January 3, 2012 8:17:31 AM    View the profile of MoksPokemon 
Mox was leaning against the wall of the hallway, thinking. This is one of the most fraked up missions I've ever gone on... Mox opened his eyes as he heard Joamers voice again.

“Mox, your go.”

Mox stood up and walked to the edge of hallway, getting ready. He could see many obstacles in his path. If only my ribs weren't broken When Karash approached his Mox only allowed him to inject him with Adrealine and few other non-mind impairing drugs. But because of this he could still feel some pain in his chest and mouth. His plan was to quietly sprint all the way, but he knew he had to stop at some point. The increasing pain in the chest would not allow him to sprint for too long, without starting to make loud steps. He attempted to find any large enough object to hide behind it. The boy found such an object looked at all possible pathways, trying to take into account the least visible one. After he found he nodded.

Mox got himself into sprinting position, but before he could start Joamer grabbed his hand, and squeezed it hard.

“Don't you dare do anything stupid, Roy... Or this will be your last mission...” Joamer whispered so noone else could hear him. “I am not losing any of my men here.”

Mox looked at Joamer through his helmet's HUD and nodded. Joamer released and Mox bent down and sprinted, along the pathway he has created in his mind. With both of his legs intact, he was able to run with his normal ability, and so after few seconds he was already by his 'checkpoint'. As he approached it Mox slowed down and crouched to the metal rubble. There he change his position from crouch to sit, and from sit to prone(and his back though). He was breathing heavily as pain started to become unbearable. Thinking what Joamer said to him he decided to wait there, until he felt like before he began to run.

After what seemed ages Mox began to slowly get up. As he got up he looked beyond the trashed metal and saw the mercs, at the end of the hallway. Mox raised his eyebrow, but did nothing beyond that and resumed his sprint, trying to get as much cover as he could. As he was nearing the ACP the amount of piles was getting smaller. Mox slided to one of these piles and waited, for the pain to wear off. He could see the mercs talking and laughing, unaware of the RAIDERS. Mox looked towards the ACP and he could see Coadster and Karash looking at him. Mox gave them a thumbs-up with his right hands, let his head hit the floor, as he waited for the pain to wear off.

After few moments Mox got up, slowly, while looking at the mercs to make sure they haven't noticed him. As he slowly got up, Mox looked back at his squadmates and took his chance. Mox sprinted towards them, trying to be as quiet as possible. As he reached them he jumped into the ACP, knowing this decision would cost him greatly. The man attempted to brace himself with one arm, which rolled him into the fair. He landed on the floor of the ACP with a loud thud, not louder than the music though. Mox lied there just waiting... after a while he grabbed his intercom and released it after a second.

Karash came up to him to see if the reckless man claimed any other injuries in his chest.
Slicing Specialist

TRP/PSC Roy "Mox" Kerrolin/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [DT] [A10]
[This message has been edited by Mox (edited January 3, 2012 8:19:21 AM)]
WhiskeyRose
ComNet n00b

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  24
January 4, 2012 3:19:42 AM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
Xylonia wondered if perhaps she was living the last few minutes of her life with these strangers.  When Joamer mentioned the current situation, twenty plus mercenaries and they have to sneak by to survive, she started to panic.  She had easily kept her cool until now, and had even somewhat enjoyed herself when she used the ice gun. 

However, the true danger of her position suddenly became too real.  She gulped the hard rock she felt in her throat.  She wanted to die to be with Reg, it was true.  The unknown of what laid out before her, made her want to go on living a little longer though.  Not yet, I don't want to die yet.

Xy clasped her hands together and knelt.  Silently she moved her lips, her faith in herself breaking.  Every muscle in her body burned in agony from the extra strain she had put on them.  The stim pack she had used in addition to what Doc Karash had already injected her with was starting to make her delirious. Reg, help me survive this.  I miss you, but I feel like I have something I'm meant to do.  Besides, I still need to avenge you.  God, if you are there with Reg, listening, give him a hand helping me out will ya'?  It'd be much appreciated...  While she prayed silently, a single tear fell from her eye to the ground.  Deep down she was truly afraid.  She wanted a chance to get to know these new people in her life, she hoped they would be her new friends. 

When Xy looked up from her silent plea, Joamer was watching her carefully.  She nodded to affirm she was ready.  Her now deep-sea-dark-blue eyes examined the mercenaries mulling about.  She calculated her best timing and options for getting to the vehicle.  She plotted it all out in her mind.  Sweat beaded on her forhead.  Her eyes closed in concentration and she opened them right before she sprinted.

She tried to sprint as quietly as possible.  Thank the creator for the loud music.  A patrol started walking in from a connected hallway and she stopped and ducked behind some large containers of fuel.  She watched the patrol carefully peering around a barrel.  When they were gone, she sprinted again.  She could feel her heart pumping against every inch of her skin. 

She hadn't realized that she closed her eyes.  She opened them to find herself in the vehicle next to Moks and Coadster.  Karash was staring at her with a raised eyebrow.  Karash reached over and tapped her comlink on for just a second, giving the signal to Joamer that she made it.  Xy was panting heavily and she was slightly shaken that she didn't remember getting into the vehicle.

Karash, Coadster and Moks all had watched Xy run like hell, which was a good thing.  They also watched her running straight at the APC and them with her eyes fully closed.  She had leaped and landed in the vehicle quite gracefully.  All three men were slightly impressed, thinking her cockiness had kicked in again and she was showing off. 

Coadster and Moks, oblivious to Xy's panic, turned their gazes towards the other side of the hangar, waiting for the next squad member.  Karash continued to observe Xy.  As soon as she had opened her eyes and he saw the panic there, he knew something was amiss. He watched her eyes dart from where the others where hiding, to the barrels she hid behind to the APC she was now in.  Being experienced had its perks.  He knew without talking to her, that she did not remember closing her eyes, or anything that happened during the time her eyes were shut. 

He watched her for a few more minutes.  Xy calmed herself down and decided she would figure out what happened later.  She took her rifle and the ice gun out of the holsters and held them propped up on part of the APC.  She watched.  If bantha fodder hit the fan, she was going to fight till the very end.  Once Karash saw she had regained control of herself, he made a note in his data pad. "Psych evaluation, Private Xylonia Rose - recommended and requested by Karash."

Joamer decided he would kill Xy as soon as he heard the com link click from her.  Those few minutes she made him wait had definitely given him a coronary.  He wondered what the blast had taken her so long, especially after she proved herself more than capable on the stairwell.  After the com link signal, Joamer felt his data pad vibrate.  Now is not the time! What in seven galaxies... He briefly glanced at his data pad and grimaced.  He saw Karash's request for a psychological evaluation of Xy.  What the frack?!  He was worried.  He had been impressed by the girl and was hoping to request her placed into his squad.  If anyone could handle a young, unruly, disrespectful woman that had talent, it was him.  Yup, whatever in hell's tarnation that woman did, I'm going to kick her ass!
[This message has been edited by WhiskeyRose (edited January 4, 2012 9:03:08 PM)]
Heliwer117
ComNet Cadet

Heliwer117

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  248
January 4, 2012 8:12:46 PM    View the profile of Heliwer117 
Getting hit in the chest with a stimpack does not feel good. Nor does getting stuck in the arm with a long needle, especially if the arm still has some nerve structure in it. Moving along with the squad, Heliwer felt like a dead man walking. As they moved along and encountered more and more mercenaries, he felt himself becoming more and more useless. When it came to running to the APC, the whole squad looked to be going in front of him, leaving him with the ARC troopers and Beta. With a small grunt, he gestured that Beta would go on ahead and make his way to the transport, then Heliwer would go. After a few tense minutes, Beta reached the destination, ducking inside and clicking his comlink to signal Joamer. Now it was left to the big trooper.

Very slowly, he began to stealthily walk along the wall, taking slow and deep breaths as he went along. He reached the fuel containers that Xylonia had hid behind in order to avoid detection from the patrol when a single soldier walked by in front of him. Said soldier stood with his back against the Imperial, never having noticed him, and started to light a cigarette. Heliwer looked carefully around, spotting that no one was looking in the general direction. As swiftly and silently as he could, having only one arm, he drew his bowie knife and slit the man’s throat. Then, before he could do anything else, he wrapped the one good arm around the dying man’s neck and dragged him behind the containers, making sure to hold on to him tight as the patrol came by again. After they passed, the man’s body relaxed as death overcame him.

Time began to slow down for the big trooper. Here was his chance, his opening. Wiping the blood off of the blade and sheathing the knife, he stood up and gently picked up the cigarette, his own gone somewhere, and slipped the narcotic into his mouth. With a grunt, he began to sprint towards the vehicle. Of course, Heliwer being Heliwer, he tripped and fell into the APC with a dull clunk. Fortunately, the squad’s cover wasn’t thrown just yet as the music covered up the noise. Xylonia helped the trooper get up, then gave him a hard punch to his chest. In a normal situation, it might barely knock him back, but with broken and bruised ribs, it hurt like hell.

“Fierfek! What the dar’yaim did you do that for!” He growled. She simply scoffed.

“That’s for slapping my ass, jerk!”

“What? I thought you’d like it!”

“Stop your chatting!” Joamer loudly whispered through the comlink. “You’ll give us away and get us all killed!”

It stopped the two momentarily, then, almost as if on cue from an unseen director, they both pointed at each other and complained “S/He started it!” at the exact same time. Coadster chuckled under his breath and sat waiting for the next order to be given.

Meanwhile, inside the wondrous and wide mind of Heliwer, he already was starting to size up little Xylonia. Sure she may be new, but she was proving herself a valuable asset to the squad. Heck, maybe she’ll be a permanent part. It all depended on this mission, on how well things went here. She could be good in a tight situation, and she would defiantly make sure that there wouldn’t be a dull moment for him. Honestly, she was beginning to seem like the little sister he never had. He loved teasing her, seeing the reaction and reacting back. It felt good. Cheered him up inside.
TRP/SGT Heliwer/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[ES1][PT] [A5]

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off." - Valkyrie
[This message has been edited by Heliwer (edited January 5, 2012 4:57:21 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  754
January 5, 2012 7:57:39 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Looking at the last remaining people Joamer thought for a long moment. He knew the chances of four more trips going off without a hitch was pushing their luck to the breaking point. Maybe it was time for something truly insane to get them out of here. He felt the rough floor under his jack-boots pressing against the soles of his feet as he squatted there in the half darkness. He could feel the cold air rushing in from outside, the music blasting away from somewhere in the distance, even the soft breathing of the two men and single woman positioned around him.

Looking at Jaenna, then at the two ARC boys that had somehow survived this complex mission he suddenly began smiling. "You know, my father once told me. 'Son, if you can't beat them. Then just go all out.' Or, something like that anyways. He might of been drunk right then I can't remember for sure." Standing up he clipped the ice-gun to his side and motioned for everyone to stand up.

He knew by their faces they had caught on slowly, and by their hands tightening on their blasters they disliked the idea immensely. Pulling out his data pad he walked out into the vehicle bay while flipped through various screens and settings. After a moment he heard the three sets of foot steps fall in behind him, thankfully they wanted to be as crazy as he was today. He saw the mercenaries come alert and wait for the command to fire. "So, down in the pit we had one report of attack. Then three more without ten minutes. Coordinated seems to be appropriate, even had to call in the out lying teams for support." Looking up he gestured to one of the mercenaries to stand aside as the four man group walked slowly through the vehicle bay.

"Right, but the remains of command wanted us to scout the area. They must have a staging area somewhere, only thing left here is that APC." Jaenna said as he walked beside him, trying her best to ignore the rather confused and dangerous men starring at them.

"Commander, a moment please." Joamer said as he stepped closer to the one he assumed was in charge of this small squad of soldiers. "I need your APC, it's company property anyways so I could just take it. Command wants you boys to enter that stairwell and travel down, last reports we got were on level three. We believe they are down there still." Turning to Jaenna and his two ARC boys he waved them into the back of the APC. Opening the side hatch he stepped inside then bolted the door.

"Look her down, all hands man the guns if you can. Everyone else just hold on tight, that was the easy part I think. Right now they are no doubt calling this weirdness in to get confirmation." Joamer said as he sat down in the drivers seat. Flipping two switches he felt the twin engines kick over as the six-wheeled vehicle sputtered to life. Letting the engine warm up for a second he dropped it into gear and eased her out of the bay.

"Good bye suckers! And thanks for all the fish!" WhiskeyRose shouted out of one of the open rear window hatches. Shifting into second gear Joamer swore as he tried to get the old craft to pick up more speed.

"Man the top gun, warm up whatever you have." Joamer and Jaenna seemed to both shout at the same time. "And someone tie her up or something." Jaenna concluded as Joamer shifted into third, he could hear the engine begin to scream. He knew he needed to get as far away as possible before whatever other vehicles where in the area showed up.

After a minute he heard the loud repeating thuds of the belt-fed machine gun firing into the vehicle bay behind them. He knew ammo for the thing would run out quick, but for now he let whoever was shooting keep at it. Every second got them that much further away and towards home.

"Joa..." He hard Jaenna say next to him after a few long minutes. Looking down he swore as he saw the single red blip following them. "Well, I knew that was the easy part." Jaenna said as Joamer shifted into forth and tried to get more speed out of the twin engines.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

WhiskeyRose
ComNet Novice

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  36
January 5, 2012 11:24:57 PM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
“Don’t tie me up! Then I’ll miss all the fun!” Xy put in extra effort to sound whiney.  “But, then again, I just might enjoy getting tied up a lil’ much.”  She chuckled at the thought. 

Xy squinted through the partly open window trying to see the vehicle in pursuit.  “Hmmmm that doesn’t look good,” she said as if she were talking about a piece of art instead of a deadly vehicle.

“What?” Joamer yelled through clenched teeth.  He was in the middle of shifting the heavy rumbling vehicle into a higher gear, and his arms rippled with his tense muscles as he maneuvered the steering wheel and stick shift.  He yelled again and louder, frustration clear in his voice, “WHAT doesn’t look good?”

Xy continued to watch the vehicle behind them as it drew slightly closer.  “Uhm, I’m not sure what it is.  Hey Dusk, do you know what that thing is?”  She grabbed Dusk’s good arm and pulled him up beside her to look out the window. 

“Fracking hell!  That’s a 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank!” Dusk exclaimed more to himself than to Joamer.

“It’s a what?!” Joamer was really beginning to sound pissed.

“A 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank. What he said.” Xy pointed to Dusk as Joamer looked in the back over his shoulder at Xy and Dusk.  Xy could have sworn she saw a vein in Joamer’s forehead grow and pulsate in anger.

“Well, someone get off their lazy rear and do something about it! I’m busy driving!”  Joamer kept a firm grip on the steering wheel as the terrain began to become rougher.  They had left the smooth ice patch that was in front of the hangar and were headed over icy rocks and hills.

Xy looked about the inside of the large heavy armored vehicle they were inside.  It was dim and she was surrounded by black metal and vinyl.  She could smell blood, sweat, gunpowder, and oil.  She started to hear fire coming from the turret.  Beta was mumbling to himself as he controlled the turret, “At least I remember how to use one of these even if I don’t know who I am.” Xy was crawling around all over inside the vehicle.  She wasn’t really looking for anything in particular.  Xy just figured she might as well see if there was anything useful around to help with their predicament.  From the way Dusk and Joamer reacted, she was pretty sure her standard rifle and the ice gun would both be useless against the tank. 

Heliwer, Dusk, Coadster and Mox all were partly lying on the floor of the vehicle leaning against the padded walls.  All of their injuries had really taken a toll on them.  Karash was watching over them as best as he could.  Mox seemed almost unconscious and she could see that he was in a lot of pain by the way he was tensed up.  Coadster was swiveling his head around, clearly debating on how he should proceed to help take the tank out.  Heliwer grunted as he shifted uncomfortably.  Finally he said, “Ah hell,” and started to remove his chest armor.  There was plenty of cover inside the APC and his chest was way too sore from the busted ribs to be confined in his armor any longer. After a couple of clicks disconnecting it from the rest of the suit, he pulled the bulky breastplate off with his one arm.  His large muscles were easily visible in the black skin tight under armor he wore.  He leaned back with his head against the wall and his eyes closed in relief.  After a moment he readjusted himself into a more comfortable position. Heliwer was leaning in such a way that Xy thought he looked way too relaxed after having lost an arm today and being chased by a deadly saber-class tank.  Heliwer lifted a pack of smokes to his mouth and slowly pulled a cigarette out with his lips while looking at her.  He seemed as cool as his ice blue eyes.  He tucked the pack away and lit the cigarette, clearly enjoying the long pull he took from it.

The APC began to rock slightly as it rolled over even rockier terrain.  Xy was not finding anything in the section she was looking in.  She had to practically crawl over her squad mates to move.  She moved on her knees so she wouldn’t accidentally hit her head.  She moved a knee over Mox’s prone body and swiveled around and swung her other knee over.  She searched the walls and floor and when she found nothing moved over Coadster in the same fashion.  Her legs were brushing everyone’s as she clambered over them.  Fire from the following tank started ramming into their armored vehicle.  Loud thuds echoed all around them.

Xy saw a strange panel behind Heliwer and made her way over there.  “Excuse me,” she stated as she swung a knee around him.  Before she could pivot and get her other leg over him, the APC rolled heavily to one side as Joamer called out, “Hold on! Boulder!”  Xy fell onto Heliwer as the vehicle rocked violently.  Heliwer instinctively grabbed her by the shoulders to prevent her from slamming into the hard metal wall of the vehicle.  As the rocking calmed down, Heliwer said, “You’re excused.” A smirk marred his rough features.

Xy softly gasped, slightly in shock as she looked into his cold eyes.  A shiver ran up her spine.  “Uh, thanks.”  She gently pushed on his chest to let him know she was ready to get off him now.  She could feel the firmness and bulk of muscles under her hands.  She could also feel his heart pounding against her right hand like a hammer.  He released her shoulders and looked away.  Xy quickly got off of him and went to the panel she saw.  She ran her fingers along the outline of the panel and found just the right spot. She hit it with a fist and it made a clicking sound.  She pulled open the panel and hooted in glee.  She pulled out two belts, one of grenades and one of thermal detonators.  Heliwer was watching her and he smiled at the prize she had just found.  She returned the smile.

“We can pair those with my goodies.”  Heliwer pulled out his own thermal detonators, charges and grenade launcher.  Xy’s smile grew even wider.  “You take that side.”  She crawled over to the other side of the vehicle and started setting the charges and detonators.

“Joamer let them get a little bit closer.”  Heliwer shouted to be heard over the fire of the turret and the rounds hitting the APC. 

Joamer looked over his shoulder into the back of the vehicle to see what in blasted planets they were up to.  He caught a glimpse of Xy and Heliwer working with thermal detonators, charges, grenades and a grenade launcher.  "Frakkin mother of a festering, thunderbucking, brainless, hopeless, dickless, suffering comets, starforsaken, Hutt shitting, two-toed swamp-sucker!"  Joamer grimaced.  Grenades. Why does it always have to be grenades?  He quickly turned back to the task at hand.  “Oh mother of Frell.  Alright, hold tight! I have an idea!”  Joamer turned the APC into the tree line.  He maneuvered around the thick trees easily with his skill. 

Heliwer used his fist to push open the window above his head.  He rose to his knees, cigarette still hanging from his lips.  He hoisted the grenade launcher onto his shoulder and stuck it out the window.  He started aiming at the tank behind them.  The forest helped the tank get closer to them, but there were also trees in the way to help shield them.  Xy took cue from Heliwer and slightly leaned out the window on her side.  She held the thermal detonator like a baseball and calmly waited for the tank to get in the right spot.  As soon as the angle and timing was right, she chucked the detonator and watched as it plucked the side of the tank and exploded.  Heliwer fired a grenade from the launcher at the same time.  The grenade hit and exploded the same time as Xy’s thermal detonator.  Heliwer looked over at Xy and winked.  She smiled as she slightly felt herself swoon.  It must be all the damn fumes in here…
[This message has been edited by WhiskeyRose (edited January 5, 2012 11:28:57 PM)]
[This message has been edited by WhiskeyRose (edited January 6, 2012 3:33:55 PM)]
Heliwer117
ComNet Cadet

Heliwer117

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  262
January 6, 2012 10:26:31 PM    View the profile of Heliwer117 
Heliwer felt much better after taking his chest plate off and smoking a cigarette, and really could not do much else. His mind wandered to what he was going to do when he got back. Those thoughts were interrupted by Xylonia falling on top of him, knees either side of him, his hands on her shoulders. This made him get to thinking again. The hell!? What the heck happened? What the heck just happened? She falls, I grab her, and all of a sudden, we’re in this awkward position. My heart feels like it’s gonna break more ribs. Well, only one thing to do.

“You’re excused.” He smirked. She gasped softly. “Uh, thanks.”

She very gently used his chest for support as she began to stand up, but he could not help noticing the way her hand was feeling his muscles as she was doing so. After she got up, she opened the panel behind him and took out a belt of thermals and a belt of grenades. The big trooper smiled at the find. “We can pair them with my goodies.” He said as he took out his own thermal detonators, grenades, and took off his grenade launcher. He saw the female trooper’s smile grow wider. “You take that side.”

They didn’t talk about the plan, but somehow knew what to do. The grenade launcher or a thermal detonator by itself would not really damage the hull of the tank by themselves, but together, they might be able to penetrate the hull. Then it was only a matter of chucking almost every explosive device at the vehicle, aiming at the breach, and hopefully creating a big explosion. Of course, they needed the space between them and the tank to be shorter. “Joamer, let them get a little bit closer.” Heliwer shouted. As he did so, the tank began to open fore, rounds hitting the APC but not causing much damage. The squad leader’s response was so hilarious, the sergeant managed to record it and save it, oddly enough, number 2012.

“Frakkin mother of a festering, thunderbucking, brainless, hopeless, dickless, suffering comets, starforsaken, Hutt shitting, two-toed swamp-sucker!" Joamer grimaced. “Oh mother of Frell. Alright, hold tight! I have an idea!”

This idea turned out to be heading into the forest, swinging the Armored Personnel Carrier around trees. The idea, apparently, was to make the tank close the distance to be able to get a shot off. Otherwise, it would be received by one of many trees. The big trooper pushed open the window above him and got ready with the grenade launcher while Xylonia leaned out a window in her side. As soon as the tank was at the right angle and no trees were in the path, she tossed a thermal detonator. It landed on the tank and exploded the same time as a grenade fired from the grenade launcher did, both in the same place, ripping that part of the hull open in an explosion that, to Heliwer, could match any fireworks display he’d seen.

He looked over at the female trooper and sent her a very flirtatious wink, making her smile and swoon slightly. Heh. You still got it, you old scoundrel you.

OOC:
The best I can do for tonight.
TRP/SGT Heliwer/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[ES1][PT] [A5]

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off." - Valkyrie
Coadster
ComNet Novice

Coadster

Post Number:  67
January 7, 2012 12:36:53 AM    View the profile of Coadster 
The intense rocking of the APC was bringing an unfortunate entity back into Coadster,’s life, one he could live without for the rest of the RAIDERS’ misadventure: pain. As Xy fell on Heliwer, Cody had the unfortunate experience of bouncing off his seat and landing on his foot. The broken foot, of course. 

While the general anesthetic hadn’t completely worn off, the feeling that was there was enough to shoot right up into his gut. His head was clouded with it, but he had sense to climb back up into his seat before nursing the sickening feeling rising into his chest. He cried out as his body came off his seat momentarily before gravity brought his foot down into the floor again. He hissed through his teeth.

“Karash!” He called out, though the medic was only a few feet away.

“What, what? I’m –“ His jaw clicked shut with the force of a glancing shot from the tank chasing the RAIDERS. “Dammit Joamer, try steering! I’m sure it’ll help out chances of survival! What is it, Coadster? No need to shout yet.”

“Do you have any more anesthetic? I… I think it’s starting to wear off.” He winced with the lurching movements of the cabin, and winced again with Karash. “We’re out. Hold on, though. If we get off of this frozen hell, there’s all the painkillers you could ever bloody hope for.”

Weirdly enough it made Coadster feel a bit better, and he tried to think about something else, anything else. Pain you can control, Cody. Pain is like hunger, like panic. Quie-e-et. He began to calm himself, and in his mind he fell again to a meadow, his haven in the storm. The sounds of the whining repulsorlifts and the thundering boom of the tank behind the APC lessened, became the whistling in the tall grass and hidden birds in the big oak tree. His mind cleared with the sharpening of his mental senses. The anesthetic, if it was possible, made the scene more beautiful by covering his hidden land in a golden glow and softening the peripherals of his world. He felt invigorated, and the hurt in his foot and hand was pushed to a small corner in the back of his mind. He opened his eyes and fell back into his body, with a clearer mind and the knowledge that his aches weren’t unbearable. In the back of his mind he continued to see his secret place, though, and allowed it to ebb away slowly.

Heliwer and Xy were up above him, a panel in the roof removed and the two of them smiled at one another with an explosion from behind the APC. Did they get it? Really?

His answer came with a dazzling red orb shooting just over their heads like a falling star, painting them in red before they started. The tank drove through the snowy dust thrown in front of it, its left repulsor smoking and damaged, only a foot or so off the ground, but it was still moving nonetheless. The duo ducked back inside. “Well, the hell good that did!” Heli shouted above the din of a direct hit, the cabin rocking violently as Joamer attempted to control it. Coad, and the half of the squad who hadn’t already done so, strapped themselves in tightly.

One of the ARCs kept at it with the gun, though, trying desperately to take down the already damaged repulsor. There was the sound of sheared metal that filed the air, and the tank touched ground. The tank sank into the snow on that side, and in its uncontrollable momentum it rolled over itself, flying high into the air before crashing into a solid tree. The tank cracked like a walnut and half a second later it was followed by an explosion.

“HA HA!” The gunner called out, just before the APC made its own impact.

Needless to say, Coadster’s calm was gone. The strap pushed far into his chest, and then the floor was the ceiling. The cabin rolled in the air and caught itself on the ground before flipping in another direction. Coad suddenly knew how it felt for a pair of dice to be shaken in a gambling cup… The panel in the roof grew light, then dark, then back again until Coad had to shut his eyes. Someone was yelling; it might’ve been him. Snow and dirt found its way into the rolling deathtrap, and he could feel it pelting his face. For what seemed forever and no time at all, it tumbled, tumbled, tumbled…

The cabin rolled onto it’s side with an awful metal groan, then was still. It took a moment for everyone to realize their ride was done, and slowly the paralysis wore off. The remaining ARC trooper was the first to unclip his belt, easing himself to the ground so as to keep from falling on Karash. The trooper began unclipping the ones on the ground first, helping those up, then began to work on those dangling from what was now the ceiling. The strap was tight across Coadster’s chest, and he couldn’t hardly tell the difference when Joamer unbuckled him after drunkenly removing himself from the cockpit. He was eased to the floor, and he had to put a hand on the side to keep from falling over without his use of the broken foot.

Everyone crawled through the panel in what used to be the roof, and most laid in the soft, stationary snow, Coadster included.
(A9)
WhiskeyRose
ComNet Novice

WhiskeyRose

Post Number:  45
January 7, 2012 3:55:41 AM    View the profile of WhiskeyRose 
Flying shards of metal and the orange glow from the explosion reflecting off the white snow reflected in Xylonia’s bright green eyes.  A large chunk had separated itself from the repulsor tank that followed them and was flipping over and over itself to land in the soft powder.  During the brief moment that she was looking into Heliwer’s bright blue eyes that were as cold as the air around them, the gun on the APC started shooting violently. The large muscular man with the cigarette hanging loosely from his lips and the red haired woman nodded at each other in unison.  He took one last pull from what remained of the cigarette in his mouth and he flicked the butt into the snow before he and Xy tucked themselves into the APC.

As they were sliding down inside the APC, a direct hit collided with the APC and it rocked violently.  The rumbling shake made Heliwer fall with his back against the wall.  Xy, having been standing right next to him, fell with him.  She felt his thick arm instantly catch her and hold her tight against his chest with his hand spread eagle on her back.  As the APC rocked and the rest of the squad who hadn’t been strapped in were bounced around the interior of the tin can, Xy was safely sheltered against Heliwer who held her tightly to prevent her from flying against the metal wall or floor.  She could feel his warmth through his skin armor with her chest pressed against his and it felt nice against the biting cold, even through her armor.  Xy was slowly released as the rocking ceded. “Well, the hell good that did!” Heliwer shouted.  He gently placed a hand on the small of her back and led her to one of the seats.  “Here, let’s get you strapped in so you don’t get hurt.”  Without waiting for her response, he pushed her down into the seat and started strapping her in himself.  Xy let him push her down and just watched his thick fingered rough hands strap her in quickly and efficiently.  When he was finished, he lightly caressed her cheek, hiding the action from the rest of the squad with his thick blocky frame.  He started to seat himself when Xy called out in alarm, “Heliwer! The charges and detonators!”  His ice eyes flickered with acknowledgment and he leaped across the APC to grab the belts of detonators and charges that they had previously set to detonate.  He threw them all out the already open window before he sat in the empty seat next to her and strapped himself in as well.  What the frack?  The big blockhead has gone soft. If he thinks he is winning his way to my bed, he is severely mistaken.  Xy scowled at Heliwer, making her anger obvious.

They heard the impact of artillery hitting the repulsor behind them and they heard it going down.  The cracking of a tree was followed by a loud explosion and orange and red light flooded through the windows. The ARC manning the turret gun laughed in excitement, “HA HA!” Suddenly Xy felt her body slam against the restraints that held her locked down.  Her hair flew in the direction they had been moving as the APC impacted.  She could hear grunts and swearing as they rolled like a crazy ride in an amusement park.  Someone was shouting and glass was breaking.  Broken glass, snow, and dirt began to swirl around inside the APC as they tumbled.  Xy closed her eyes to prevent debris from getting in them.  Around and around they tumbled over and over again.  To Xy she was silent, calmly waiting for the death roll to end.  However, she was actually the one shouting.  “Reg! Hold on Reg! We’ll get through this!  I NEED you on this! REG!!!!”

The tumbling finally slowed and the APC creaked to a halt on its side.  Xy opened her eyes.  Clicking of straps and belts started sounding off as everyone started unbuckling themselves.  She had the taste of dirt and blood in her mouth.  Turning her head to the side, she spit out some shards of glass, dirt and melted snow.  She was on her back and she felt stabbing pain on her face.  Dusk appeared over her. “Need a hand?”  Xy unbuckled her straps and pushed herself up.  “No, I’m fine.  Thanks.”  She rolled a shoulder and stood up.  Heliwer was already up and pulling himself out of the vehicle.  He held a hand down to help pull Coadster through and anyone else who needed a hand.  They all climbed out the side of the APC that was now the top.  Exhausted, injured and beaten to a bloody pulp by being rolled around inside a tumbler, they all laid in the cool soft snow. 

Xy grimaced as she rolled onto her back.  “Now what?  What do we do now Joamer?”  The snow beside Xy’s head was turning red with blood.

Dusk knelt next to her. He scooped up a handful of snow and held it to her face.  She turned away from the cold.  It made the stabbing pain worse. “Hold still, we need to stop the bleeding.”  A large chunk of glass was embedded in her cheek.  Karash was attending to others at the moment.  Dusk removed a leather glove and put it to Xy’s lips.  “Bite down on this.  I’ll pull it out.”  Xy steadied herself and bit down on the leather.  “Oh look a deer!” Dusk exclaimed. 

“What?” Xy said muffled through the glove and turned her head in the direction he had pointed.

Quickly while she was distracted, Dusk grabbed the piece of glass and yanked it out of Xy’s flesh.  She screamed in agony with the leather glove tightly clenched in her teeth.  Dusk then held a clean handful of snow against the flowing gash. She spit out the glove and yelled “What in the frack did you do that for?!”

“I distracted you to make it easier.”  He calmly stated.

Xy scowled at him, but then let it dissipate.  Actually, a brilliant idea.  I was distracted, if only briefly.  She sighed slowly.  “Thank you.”  Out of her peripheral vision, she saw Heliwer watching her with a careful and calculated stare.  The warmth of her blood in the snow made steam rise around her head.  The sky was a soft shade of lavender instead of blue.  She smiled to herself enjoying the feel of the soft snow like a down bed.  The adrenaline had worn off along with the stim pack she had used to pump herself up with.  As she fell into blackness she spoke aloud, “Maybe I’m coming home to you Reg.  Keep the whiskey warm.”
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  757
January 7, 2012 11:55:47 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Brushing the snow off what was left of his shoulder plate Joamer grimaced as he surveyed what remained of the APC they had hijacked. Luckily it was not the only twisted ruin of metal that was in the area, the more annoying tank had died shortly before their new toy took its last breath. Of course looking at his squad he knew they needed help, he doubted anyone had anything left.

Reaching into the cockpit slowly he pulled out his pulse rifle. Looking it over slowly he was happy to find out it was still in one piece, if a bit more dinged up now. Looking at Jae as he checked the breach he opened his mouth to say something but stopped short as he heard a low rumble off in the distance. Closing his eyes he began praying to any of the Gods that might be listening for the noise to pass them by, a few moments later a large crash was heard and he groaned rather loudly.

"You have got to be fraking kidding me." Jaenna said suddenly as the worn out squad noticed the sound coming towards them. "This is just not fair."

"Game over man, game over!" Coadster shouted from his place on the ground.

"Is it too late to tender my resignation?" Joamer mumbled mostly to himself, he caught a look from Jae a moment later and sighed. He knew what was about to happen, the squad simply had no energy left to fight another tank. By the sounds he figured it was another saber tank, probably from the same class.

"How many on board?" Karash said as he ran to find a place to take cover behind. Joamer simply stood his ground holding his pulse rifle in front of him. Looking down he checked the grenade launcher a moment before lowering the rifle to a resting position in front of him. He saw his squad trying to ready themselves but it was no use, things had finally run it's course for RAIDERS. No reserves of strength remained in the squad, he could see in their eyes hope fading as the stories told about prisoners of war began running through their heads.

"What will happen to us?" WhiskeyRose said quietly as she kneeled behind a tree, he could see her fists white around her rifle. He doubted she would be taken alive, looking over at Jae he could see the same stance and expression.

Closing his eyes he heard the tank approach and come to a stop slowly. Using techniques Havock had taught him he slowed his breathing and cleared his mind. He knew the next few minutes would be hell, but he needed to be calm for his squad. He needed them not to overreact and throw themselves into a mindless charge that would get everyone killed. Being captured was not the end of the world, most of them had escaped before. They could do it again, breathing slowly he felt the weight of the rifle in his hands, felt the cold beginning to seep into his jack-boots from the snow covered ground. He could even feel the warmth from the burning tank behind him somewhere as the trees began to catch fire.

Hearing a speaker click on he opened his eyes to see the same 2-M Class Saber Tank sitting twenty yards in front of the squad. "Surrender, or die." The man on the other end said simply. Joamer looked at his squad, he knew if they rushed now it would be the end of them. Surrendering was something he had never done before though, he had been captured but not willingly. He wondered what Havock would think when she learned of this.

Looking down he dropped the pulse rifle to the ground, it made a solid thunk that caused Jaenna to flinch. The squad turned to look at him as one as he slowly drew the particle magnum from its holster and dropped it next to his rifle. Raising his arms slowly above his head he said as he starred at the tank, "It's over." His voice sounded hollow to him, and slightly fatalistic. He knew his life was about to get very painful.

One by one he heard the squad dropping their weapons, motioning to Jaenna with his head she took the short few steps that was needed to stand next to him as she raised her hands above her head. Don't radio in just yet, you want to come out and see your prize. Joamer thought to himself as he starred at the tank in what he hoped was fear. His face just felt mostly numb to him, probably hypothermia setting in finally.

"Must be nice to know you captured the legendary RAIDERS squad. I hear there is a reward for us in several systems." Joamer shouted to the tank commander. Be cocky, be arrogant. You want to stand in front of me and bask in your accomplishment.

A few long painful minutes went by before he heard a hatch open at the top. Looking behind the tank he saw two figures kneeling down keeping out of sight. He knew by Jaenna's hidden hand signal she had seen them too. After a long moment a tall older man stepped out, his head was bald a pair of goggles sat propped up on his forehead. A neatly trimmed goatee framed part of his face, jumping down he gained his balance quickly as his boots sank into deep snow.

"So, this ragtag bunch of recruits is part of my headache." The older man said as he surveyed the squad slowly. Joamer did not believe the man could be this arrogant, though having a rather large tank behind you as backup probably helped just slightly. "You lot don't look like much to me, so how about you stop kidding around and tell me where the real squad is."

Joamer grimaced as the man stepped close enough to him for him to smell stale smoke. Leaning down the commander picked up his particle magnum slowly, nodding his head he examined the pistol and smiled. "Good prize this, rare too. Make a nice sidearm for me."

Three things happened at once as the man began turning around. One, Joamer's hands dropped to his sides with a single movement he had drawn one of the twin saber knives hidden on his back and shoved it into the man's backbone. Being inside a tank meant they had no need of armor, so they thick padding of the jacket only hampered his stab only just. Two, Jaenna had dodged to the left and ducked behind what was left of the APC. Three, the two shadows behind the tank materialized into the ARC troopers. As one they began firing on the tanks port side repulsor track.

Feeling things speed up again Joamer dropped the now lifeless man, bending down he picked up his pulse rifle and dodged to the right as the tank began firing its smaller laser cannon. "Fight! Fight for your lives!" WhiskeyRose shouted from behind cover as she began firing her rifle.

Dropping to his knees he raised the pulse rifle and squeezed the trigger for the grenade launcher. A moment later he swore as it missed the open hatch, but hoped it landed close enough to lock it open. Dropping the pulse rifle he sprinted for the tank, keeping low as to avoid the now sporadic laser fire. The three men inside unable to move now due to the port side repulsor behind destroyed by the combined work of the ARC troopers, and the RAIDERS that were able to fire a weapon.

Un-clipping his last thermal detonator from his belt he primed it and tossed it up to where Jaenna had climbed on top of the tank's main housing. "Hurt my squad will ya, eat this you fraking motherless dogs." She said as she dropped the detonator inside the open hatch. Throwing himself behind a tree he heard a soft thud, then a moment later a larger explosion as the thermal detonator went off.

Looking up he noticed the tank itself was in one piece, but the inside was not pretty red from the ever growing fire slowly escaping from various view ports around the dead vehicle. Looking up he saw the two ARC troopers limping slowly towards them, Jaenna was leaning against a tree trunk fishing out a small lungblaster. He considered lecturing her but quickly overrode himself, he figured she deserved at least one.

"Now can we go home?" Coadster asked from where he had stopped crawling. Joamer looked down and nodded, then signaled to Jaenna for her to get them an open channel to command.

Seeing her nod a few moments later he clicked on his commlink and said, "Command station bravo, this is RAIDER one. Code as follows, alpha, zulu, six eight niner. Request immediate medivac, and reinforcements at this location."

The seconds seemed to slow as they all waited holding their breaths. He was pretty sure he could count the snowflakes that drifted by his head as he held his breath and prayed silently. After a moment the channel static cleared and a soft voice said, "Acknowledged and confirmed. Hold tight, help is coming."

"We're going home." Joamer said quietly as he closed his eyes.

OOC:
Home never felt so good.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Blanchard Roasting on an Open Fire - RAIDERS  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:44:39 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 94  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >