Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Watchers, part II (RAIDERS)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Watchers, part II (RAIDERS)
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  176
Total Posts:  425
  RE: The Watchers, part II (RAIDERS)
November 27, 2009 2:25:11 PM    View the profile of Karash 
‘Stuck in here hiding because I’m not a woman, how did my life turn out like this? I could of been rich and famous’. This thought was followed by the buzzing noise of Karash’s com device; the noise of it lowered his spirits even further.

“Can I come out yet?” Karash asked in his usual manner.

“Just get down here now!” Havock’s voice was audibly strained.

He wasn’t sure where ‘here’ was but he was intelligent enough to realise that any sarcasm at this moment would probably get him imprisoned along with the Viceroy. The meeting between the RAIDERS women and the Watchers must have gone alright because he wasn’t fleeing from blaster fire. As Karash got closer to his destination it sounded like there was a bit of a struggle going on so he increased his pace and prepared himself for a fight.

“Oh dear,” Karash said with an actual tone of disappointment. 

There in front of him stood Grahim being restrained by both Jae and Hav; though he was continuing to mumble away in gibberish. This was accompanied by Brightstar who anxiously wanted to get back to the cockpit.

“What the hell has happened here?” Karash asked with a deep sense of curiosity.

“Mesa stabbed her but shesa is ok. Yousa don’t have to help.” Grahim spoke first as he tried to wriggle out of the women’s grip.

“He just flipped, we walked past and he had jammed his knife into the door” Jae said as she grabbed hold of the Gungan once again.

“And I am needed why?” By this point Karash was rather confused by the whole situation.

“Because we just love to have you around,” Havock barked out the words. “You have all the meds, now give him something to calm him down!”

“Yes ma’am” Karash said, not meaning to be sarcastic but it still came out that way.

Karash drew some of the meds into his last syringe and then proceeded to inject it into the Gungan’s flesh, then, almost instantly he went limp in Hav and Jae’s arms. They just put him down on the floor and they were both obviously flustered by the entire experience, though Karash did feel the need for a sit down himself.

“What do you think was wrong with him?” Havock asked after telling Brightstar to get back to the cockpit.

“Your guess is as good as mine, but I would keep him like that for the time being. Oh and that was the last of the meds.” Karash said as he stood transfixed on the sleeping Gungan.

“You had better go and check on the Viceroy, while the rest of us try to get us the hell away from these Watchers.” The squad leader still sounded under extreme pressure.

“Right away and without question,” Karash said smartly as he turned and made his way back to the storage room where the Viceroy was.

‘You know it seems to be a feature of this squad, people going mad. Grahim, you wonder who will be next?’, “Oh don’t start speaking to yourself now, that’s all I need.” The thoughts continued to whiz round in Karash’s head, so much so that he almost forgot where he was going and for what reason. He entered the storage room and made his way to the unconscious Viceroy, laying there unaware of everything that was happening; Karash wished that he could be in the same position, blissfully ignorant of what was happening.

As the old man began to awake Karash felt it best to refresh his memory. “You are currently being held on this ship, you are fine and please don’t talk to me.” Karash put emphasis on the last part of the question.

“Where is the other one, the one who spoke to me in the most dreadful manner?” The Viceroy spoke with an imbedded sense of superiority.

“He’s gone, for the moment at least. Do feel unwell?” Karash tried to keep to the business at hand.

“I am feeling a bit better. Though I must say I do not appreciate being spoken to in the manner he did. You on the other hand seem to be, of better breeding.” This time he really did stick his nose up in the air.

Karash could not help but be slightly flattered, though he still cringed as the man brought back thoughts of his father and childhood; ones that he had desperately tried to forget. “Yes well I had better be off.”

“You know I didn’t want things to get this far, I was only doing what was best.” The man’s face looked scared and even regretful, “How could I let those people take control of the mines, they are nothing but the scum on the bottom of my shoes. The common people do not know what is best for them, my family does and always will do. I have done my duty and I will continue to do so when you people release me, which you will!” The Viceroy began to cough and splutter.

Karash had actually believed, just for a second, that the man wasn’t as bad as others had said. But his second outburst reminded him of what he could have been, what he still could be and what his family was. The sense of revulsion forced Karash out of the room, the man eventually stopped coughing but his deep breathing was still audible. Karash just stood there for a moment and contemplated what had happened and what was still going to happen.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRP/CPL_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2][DOH][BoT][EW2]
Njall
ComNet Member

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  372
Total Posts:  481
November 27, 2009 8:33:52 PM    View the profile of Njall 
Njall and Demented got out from their hiding place in the crew quarters of the ship and started along, trying to find something that could possibly help with the strangers that were attempting to take the Viceroy.  As they went through one of the empty corridors of the ship, Njall found himself thinking of Beta, who had just been sent back to Tadath wounded.  True, they had fought at times, or most of the time, but they had been friends and comrades for a long time.  Njall had gotten to know Beta after the STC Academy.  They had joined at around the same time and had formed a lasting bond.  Although they had gone to different squads, he and Beta had still shared many good times and the Cantina on Tadath.  Beta had gone AWOL a couple times, but fate had brought them to the same squad, RAIDERS.  They finally got to serve together, but that was brought to an end with the wounding.  Njall was snapped out of his thoughts when Demented found something in the wall.

“Njall, come here, look at this!”

Njall went over and saw that there was what looked like a small door in the wall.  He pushed it open, revealing a side room with what looked like a pile of spare parts inside. 

“Wow, we found a junk room.” Njall said sarcastically

Demented wandered into the room anyways, and began inspecting the
pieces. 

“Njall, these aren’t spare parts, these are the pieces of a laser turret!” Demented exclaimed

Njall came over to where they were and examined the parts himself.  He smiled and pulled his laser screwdriver out of his belt.

“It’s this baby’s time to shine!” Njall said

He and Demented got to work on repairing the broken turret, getting pieces together and setting them upright.  Njall was thinking of it kind of like a giant puzzle, with the potential power to kill the strangers and let the squad escape.

“Let’s give this thing a test firing, shall we?” Njall asked, grinning

“But of course.” Demented replied

They both worked the turret into it’s housing and prepped it for firing, aiming it straight at the other starship.

“Three.  Two.  One.  FIRE!” Njall yelled, firing the trigger mechanism. 

Instead of strong laser beams going straight at the starship, the turret started wildly turning and blasting everywhere, except into space.

“What the hell is going wrong?” Demented yelled over the turret

“I have absolutely no idea!” Njall screamed back

Njall quickly shut it off before it could cause any more damage or break itself again.  He lowered it down from its housing and opened part of it so he and Demented could look inside for any possible problems.  There seemed to be nothing on first sight, but Njall dug deeper in and found something.

“Look at this,” He said to Demented; “There’s just a little jam in the aiming mechanism. 

Njall quickly fixed the jam and sealed up the turret again, after giving a look-over for any other problems.  Njall put it back into the housing and stepped away.

“It’s good to go.” He said.
TRP/PFC Njall/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [FCE] [AS-H] {RCRT}

Private First Class Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Clearly Canadian
Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  401
Total Posts:  2413
November 28, 2009 2:48:22 PM    View the profile of Havock 
“So, you're the one in charge then?”

Havock slowly let her head fall forward to look at the Viceroy, who was now sitting up in his cage. She had opened the door before sitting down across from him and leaning her head against the durasteel wall for a few minutes of quiet sleeplessness.

“How's your head?” She leaned her head on her hand and looked at the beaten but still arrogant man.

Ay'Tim rubbed his head and jaw from what Decembrist had done. “Are you here to attempt to intimidate me some more?”

“You realize if we just keep asking each other question, we are not actually answering anything?” She rubbed one finger along her hair line. She was really tired, Havock couldn't remember the last time she felt this exhausted. She just wanted to drift far enough away from the Judson ship to make a safe jump to light-speed, a task Brightstar and Decembrist were working on now.

Everyone was busy working on their own tasks. Njall and Demented were playing with a turret gun they had found and repaired. Havock threatened them with their lives if they tried to fire the blasted thing without permission though. Jaenna was still trying to get some of the more encrypted files off the Watcher's computers. Grahim and Aeos were in bunks trying to get some sleep under the supervision of Karash.

“You make a valid point, lady. My head throbs and I long for a decent wine, but I think I shall live.”

Havock blinked and picked up a container holding water. Quickly, she tossed it to the man, he just barely caught the bottle before it hit him in the face. He looked at her oddly for a moment before taking a long drink. “Its Havock, yes I guess I am in charge, and no I don't plan on torturing you.”

He coughed a bit on the water. “Is that really your name?” Her expression didn't even flinch she just locked eyes with him and stared. “Right, Havock works.”

“Hey.” She didn't even notice Jaenna walk in, but now she was kneeling down next to the very tired squad leader. “Bright says we can make the jump if you're ready.”

She continued to look at the Viceroy, she wasn't sure why she was in such a mood, but something about all of this just made her want to lock herself in a dark room. “What about the Judson goons?”

“The comm's been quiet, but they should be wanting the Viceroy any minute now though.” She sighed. “I shouldn't even bother asking right? Because you're just going to say 'I'm fine', aren't you?”

She turned her head finally. “You know me so well.”

“Argh.” Jaenna stood quickly, muttering to herself the whole way out of the storage room.

Havock shrugged and nodded to the Viceroy, then made her way to the cockpit. “Bright. If you can get us out of here, get us the hell out of here.”

“You got it.” She started to flip switches, Havock keyed in her comm to Njall.

“Njall, if they fire you can fire back. Hopefully that won't happen though.” He responded with a sad affirmative. He obviously wanted to play with his new toy that they had uncovered. That made Havock smirk to herself.

“Here goes nothing.” Decembrist muttered in the co-pilot's chair. “Qiilura coordinates keyed in.”

Suddenly the comm cracked to angry life. “What the hell are you crazy bitches doing? I swear if you even think about...yes send the landing party...if you think about leaving-” Havock reached between the pilots and switched the comm off.

“Any time now, people.”

Brightstar pulled back on the leavers and the star field stretched and pulled before them just before they shot off into space. 

-------------------------------------------

“So the Viceroy is safely returned, but really the only intel we managed to get is that this Judson Corp was behind the kidnapping and it had something to do with the political control of gem mines. Does that pretty much sum up what you're telling me.” Tanus kept shifting through stacks of papers on his desk while he spoke to Havock and Jaenna.

“Yes sir. We also have their ship and the techs are going through it now to see if they can get anything else.”

“Fine.” He finally glanced up. “Dismissed.”

The two women saluted and walked out of their PC's office. “Okay, please tell me that's the last thing we need to do today.” Havock's eyes pleaded with Jaenna.

She shrugged. “As far as I can tell.”

“Good.” Havock turned and started walking briskly towards the hanger. “We are going home, I'm taking a long nap, then I don't care what we do as long as I don't have to go anywhere or get shot at by anything.”

Jaenna laughed and tried to keep up.

OOC:
And thats all folks!!! Sorry this probably isn't my best, but it got the job done. Now rest up and get ready for the HSC.
Senior Sergeant Ayme 'Havock'  Katash
Imperial Network Star Wars Image          Imperial Network Star Wars Image
SL|SSG Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE [ESC09] {RES}
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock || [email protected]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Watchers, part II (RAIDERS)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:36:44 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 332  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >