Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Double Trouble (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Double Trouble (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1224
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Double Trouble (Paladin)
January 12, 2009 6:12:04 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan moved over to the hangar bay doors and waited for the squad to gather into the shuttle.  How did I get stuck with opening the doors he thought as he pressed the button and dived into the open shuttle, hoping that none of the rebels had noticed him.  So far so good he thought to himself as he realised his jump into the shuttle wasn’t followed by a large barrage of blaster bolts.

Alan could hear the engines being fired up and hastily moved into the cockpit and sat down next to Lucky in case she needed any assistance.

“Here we go” called out Lucky

The ship rose and started to make its way towards the open hangar bay doors.  Alan could see that the rebels were already trying desperately to close the doors and Alan suddenly find himself wondering whether the ship would actually clear the doors.  Alan cringed when he heard the scraping of metal as the ships wing grazed one of the doors but made it out successfully.  That was close thought Alan.

“Now Requiem” called out Alan.

Requiem smiled and pressed the button on his detonator.  Zeshaun took one look from the view port at the rear of the ship and smiled as he watched not only tents but large explosions emanating from the hangar bay.  Njall moved over to Zeshaun to watch the fireworks.

“Looks like we did it” exclaimed Njall enthusiastically.

“Kids” muttered Alan to Lucky.  Lucky just shrugged and smiled back as she started to navigate the ship towards Naboo.

Zeshaun stared through the view port.  He wasn’t sure if his eyes were playing tricks on him.  No, there it was again.  His eyes widened slightly as he realised what it was.

“Uh, guys” called out Zeshaun.

Alan wondered what Zeshaun wanted and just queried back a simple “yes?”

The ship lurched violently and a nearby console sparked.  A bright red blaster bolt flew over the ships nose.

“I think we have company” replied Zeshaun.

Now he tells us thought Alan.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  369
Total Posts:  896
January 12, 2009 6:54:49 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun looked out the window, taking in the beauty of the explosions set off on the ground, when he saw a ship flash in and out of the smoke. No way... Zeshaun watched again and sure enough there was a ship floating through the smoke, using it as a smoke screen. He told Lucky and Alan, just as the ship started to fire at their shuttle.

Lucky was also trying her best at the moment to destroy whatever was left of the small encampment with the lasers at the front of the ship. She was blowing up tents and taking chunks out of the hangar as she flew away from the moon.

The shuttle rocked making Zeshaun lurch in his seat. He watched as a shuttle emerged from the smoke, this one seemed to be equipped with lasers and from Zeshaun's point of view, the tubes on the wings looked a lot like ion cannons. Damn, we're screwed. Zeshaun thought watching the shuttle take another couple of shots.

As long as it was below them they couldn't make good use of their ion cannons so for the moment Zeshaun wasn't too worried. He encouraged Lucky to go faster, and he got some spiteful looks back.

"I'm going as fast as I can." Lucky said in a huff.

The Rebel shuttle seemed to be gaining on them and Zeshaun wasn't sure if they had any weapons to fight back with. He looked around and saw a turret controller near the ramp door. Zeshaun got up and staggered toward the controls. he sat himself down and activated them. He immediately had the enemy shuttle in his sights. He opened fire and Zeshaun now also found that the other shuttle had shields as well. Why didn't we pick that one? Zeshaun thought rolling his eyes.

It seemed that if Zeshaun fired the turret now and again, the shuttle slowed down and gave Lucky time to move or go farther up into the atmosphere. Nevertheless the enemy shuttle was still gaining and soon it would over take them.

"Guys, I can't hold him off much longer." Zeshaun shouted over the rumble of the engine.

Alan waved his hand dismissing Zeshaun's suggestion. Just telling them the truth Zeshaun thought turning back to the enemy shuttle, determined to break down their shields.

Lucky managed to get the shuttle going a little bit faster, as the shuttle left the atmosphere and went into space, before they were over taken by the enemy shuttle. Lucky steered the shuttle now towards the looming planet of Naboo, it seemed so close, yet so far.

In space, Lucky seemed much more agile and faster than before on the planet, dodging and evading the enemy shuttle much better than before. The enemy shuttle chased them for a while longer but then turned back and headed down toward the moon again. That was close They slowly got closer to Naboo and as they started entering the atmosphere, Lucky comm'ed into the closest hangar.

"Shuttle requesting clearance." Lucky said.

She was ignored, the squad assumed that that was a bad sign so they stayed clear from the major hangars for now. Lucky touched them down in a clearing of the woods, just small enough for the shuttle to fit snuggly. Hopefully we haven't been noticed by anyone, gungan or human. Zeshaun thought slinging his rifle over his shoulder.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/CPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!

Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited January 12, 2009 8:20:28 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1226
January 13, 2009 7:26:05 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan exited the shuttle and noticed the scorch marks along the side of the hull from the damage they had sustained during the earlier attack.  He looked around him and took in his surroundings.  He smiled as he removed his helmet and felt the warm sun cascade on him, the green lush grass under his feet and the lovely trees that surrounded them.

"Now this is where all our missions should be" commented Alan.

Some of the squad laughed at this as they exited the shuttle.  Lucky exited the shuttle last after having done a great job of piloting the ship and landing them after having sustained the damage that they had incurred.

"I saw a city not too far off in this direction" stated Lucky.

"Let's move out" said Alan.

Lucky took the lead and the squad started moving towards the city.  Alan had never been to Naboo before but he was enjoying it.  It was a very picturesque place and the weather was just beautiful.  He had read up on how lovely their cities were and he was looking forward to experiencing it first hand.

"Well this is what I was expecting" commented Njall as the squad entered the outskirts of the city.

Alan was forced to agree with Njall.  He had expected to see a lovely city with tall beautiful buildings.  Instead they had entered a city that was very run down, almost on the verge of collapse.  The people seemed to cower in doorways or stay to the shadows.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this" commented Zeshaun.

"I know what you mean" said Leon.

"Guys, keep the chat down" said Alan, not wanting to attract too much attention, although he was certain that all eyes were upon them.

"Keep it tight people" said Lucky as she glanced around her, expecting trouble to descend on them at any moment.

"Looks like there is a bar over there" commented Requiem as he pointed towards a building, "maybe we can make some discreet enquiries and find out if there really is a rebel base on this planet".

"Agreed" replied Lucky, looking suspiciously at the building, "let's keep our guard up, I don't like this place one little bit".

Alan completely agreed with Lucky as the squad entered the establishment, Alan's hands resting on both his weapons.

I have a very bad feeling about this he thought as the squad entered.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
ASL/1SG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM] [ES1]

Njall
ComNet Novice

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  481
January 13, 2009 6:18:06 PM    View the profile of Njall 
The squad entered the bar and looked around.  For a second Njall hoped that they could sneak into the bar without being noticed.  It was a doomed hope, as only a dormant droid wouldn’t notice a squad of VE stormtroopers randomly entering a Naboo bar.  Requiem and Renji stood guard at the door while the rest of the squad advanced to the bar counter. 

“Pardon me.” Said Lucky to the Gungan bartender, “have you seen any suspicious military-like activities around here?”

“No ma’am” the bartender replied, while making an odd arm gesture.

“Well, thanks anyh-”

Lucky stopped as the bartender pulled out a blaster and aimed it at her.  The bartender would have shot Lucky, but Requiem saw the drama that was unfolding and quickly shot the bartender in the chest.  As the bartender slumped over the bar counter, more Gungans jumped out from different booths, as did some humans who were quickly identified as rebels.  Requiem and Renji ran to join the rest of the squad, the members of which were getting into a defensive position.  Alan tossed out a couple grenades, which significantly decimated the enemy force, but there were still many rebels left.  Lucky heard military-like calls from the road leading to the bar and sent Leon, Zeshaun and Njall to investigate.  Soon the three of them saw through the bar door that there was a fairly large rebel force that was heading down the road towards the bar. 

“Lucky, we need backup” Zeshaun said into his comm.

The main group of rebels inside the bar was almost decimated so Lucky sent Requiem ahead to help and told Zeshaun that the rest of them would be there shortly.  The four of them took up defensive positions as the rebels approached.
Private Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Phoenix Company
Dragon Battalion
Osiris Regiment
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Njall/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 13, 2009 6:19:06 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 13, 2009 6:22:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 13, 2009 7:43:52 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 13, 2009 9:27:26 PM)]
-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  64
Total Posts:  75
January 13, 2009 6:36:02 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem smiled as they began to step towards the entrance to the 'Rori Moon' Cantina that loomed in front of them Good at least something fun could come's out of this mission. Requiem's expression than changed to a sneer as they squad walked into the Cantina with him leading in front only to see that every person int he bar suddenly turned towards them.

Requiem slowly turned his glance and hurried for the bar as he could feel the eye's on each customer boring into his back from afar. Requiem looked back to the motley crew glaring him down and than looked ahead as he than hunched his back forward keeping his face hidden among the various glasses that appeared from his side's. Zeshaun slowly walked up towards him and than sat down beside him in the bar stool to his left.

Requiem than forced out a small smile as he than looked to his right to notice Njall, and XAL-35 sit beside him on his right as they than patted Requiem's back and than motion to the bartender. Requiem than looked back behind him as he than noticed the  customer's lower their head's and than resume staring down at their mug's, Requiem felt a short chill down his spine as he heard the Cantina door open and than shatter shut behind him.

Zeshaun made a low sigh as he than raised a mug of whiskey to his lips and than began to speak. " You okay man ? " he asked.

" Yeah, just a little bit stressed out. . . " Requiem replied as he than swallowed down a shot of vodka.

Zeshaun than slowly nodded and than replied " You get accustomed to this life after a while if you stay on this job. Just make sure your ready for anything that comes by your way. " Zeshaun than fully controlled his point as he than reached inside his chest plate and brought out a large wad of bill's. seems he was planning on going to a bar

Requiem laughed as he than directed to the bartender as he than waved his hand. i've been patient enough Requiem than slowly shook his head as the bartender than walked over to him. " Get me a bottle of your finest whiskey my good man " Requiem asked as he gave him a large smile from under his helmet.

Zeshaun than slowly nudged his shoulder and than whispered. " Who's paying for that ? I thought you didn't have any money ? " Zeshaun said as he than looked to Requiem's empty hand.

" You are " Requiem said as he slowly laughed at the question.

" Heh " Zeshaun smiled at him as he than handed the bartender some credit's with a small look of regret on his face.

Requiem than got up and walked toward the table that his squad was sitting at than backtracked back towards the bar as he than grabbed his mug and than walked back towards Lucky, Alan and Leon.

" Hey Guy's ! " Requiem said as spoke with a warm smile on his face.

" Hey " Lucky replied back as she than greeted zeshaun and the rest of the group slowly follow back toward's the table.

" Nice place  " Zeshaun said as he than smiled to the bartender.

" Creepy more like it " Requiem replied under his breath as he than gave an awkward smile to the group that than looked to each other awkwardly as they than noticed the entire room was filled with customer's who had their weapons hanging out of their pockets.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL -_Requiem_-/Paladin/Storm/VEA/VE/VEA [IH]

" Embrace the Darkness To Bring About the Light " - Paladin Squad
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  375
January 13, 2009 7:13:31 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun reluctantly bought Requiem his drink and decided to just buy a few snacks, and a soda for himself. Don't wanna get too drunk during a mission Zeshaun thought, reasoning with himself about not buying alchohol. Zeshaun sat at the counter and started to eat the chips that he had bought. The amount of firepower in the room was slightly unsettling but in the back of his mind Zeshaun knew that the Paladin's could handle the worst case scenario if they had too.

Zeshaun was also surprised to see a gungan actually working in the bar, as the bartender. These things must be smarter than I thought. Zeshaun thought. He observed that the bar was actually mostly gungan with a few humans as well. Zeshaun thought it was ironic that the bar would be called Rori Moon, Zeshaun would rather forget what had just happened on the moon itself.

Their armor was causing them to attract a lot of attention, nearly the whole bar was staring in their direction, and the fact that they had guns made it even more uncomfortable than it already was. The overall look of the bar was rather nice, though. Apart from the customers, the place was well lit, clean, served good food and rinks at a decent rate, and the chairs were comfortable, Zeshaun couldn't ask for anything more from a bar.

His encounter's with the gungans on Rori made it very akward for him to be sitting in front of the bartender eating and drinking, he picked up his food and drink and found a seat next to Alan and Lucky who seemed to be in conversation about something.

"What up guys." Zeshaun said putting his food and drink down on the table.

They both nodded toward Zeshaun. Soon, the others gathered around as well, each having various drink and food in their hands. They tried to keep their voices down to avoid attracting anymore unwanted attention, and they started to discuss what had happened on Rori.

"Well, I think our first objective is to find the main rebel force residing on the planet." Alan said.

Zeshaun completely agreed and it seemed the whole squad was also in agreement with Alan. They were itching to get out and search for the source of their trouble on Rori. Zeshaun hoped that he would get a chance to pilot a vehicle that was unique to Naboo.i don't even care what it is as long as i'm driving. Zeshaun thought as a smile crept up on his face.

They started to lay out a plan, it was almost like a briefing but much less formal, everyone threw in their ideas. Zeshaun listened intently as Lucky kept going through the plan, each time with a slightly altered point here and there. This is going to be one heck of a mission. Zeshaun thought, inputing some more of his ideas.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Leon463
ComNet n00b

Leon463

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  22
January 13, 2009 7:35:50 PM    View the profile of Leon463 
Leon looked around the bar. "It would be just perfect if Rebels came" Leon thought as a joke. It would be very ironic if they came in with a whole platoon. Well at least he could enjoy a drink.

"Hey Barkeeper I would like some water please" Leon said

"About those rebels if I know anything about them is that they like tree's and that they blend in with the area" Leon said.

He sighed a bit at the bad comment but decided to think from a very logical stand point. "Well from the size of the rebels I can tell that the base will be big, probably bunkers maybe even towers if anything" Leon said. He looked at what seemed to be a map of what Naboo currently was. "If their security is as tight as I think it will be they will have guards here and there although our best option may be to sneak through they may be expecting us to do so" Leon said taking a sip of water from the glass.

"My thought is that maybe we could have one of us go undercover but if we do that we may need someone to stay at a sniper point though all of this sounds overly complicated i do think some of my ideas can be placed together with everyone elses" Leon said.

"Well Leon although your are a rookie I like the way you think" said Zeshaun.

"I love to think ahead all i know is if they have towers they have snipers but then again we stormtroopers do own most of the galaxy so I doubt they will have anything heavy but if they do we have to be on our toes" Leon said

Alan and Lucky nodded in agreement.

"Alright Leon thank you for your input" Alan said

"Does anybody have anything to contribute to the plan before we make any finalization's" said Lucky

Leon listen to everyone elses ideas all he knew in the outcome this mission will surely be talked about for a long time.
TRP/PVT Leon463/Paladin/Storm/1Com/1Bat/Bespin/VEA
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1730
Total Posts:  3440
January 13, 2009 9:27:37 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was taking her time sipping her drink when the doors opened and a group of shady-looking men walked in and looked around before ordering their drinks. getting a bad feeling about them, she put on her helmet and stood. sensing her tenseness, the rest of the squad did the same and they started to walk out of the bar. just as she was crossing the threshold though, from the corner of her eye she spotted one of the shady men hold his hand up to his mouth, looking at them, his jaw moving as though speaking into something.

"Guys, move. Now."

Not arguing, they all moved out into the street and started walking in the direction they thought the base was in. They were walking in a very loose formation, Lucky being on the right where all the shops , brownstones, shelters and other such buildings was looking straight ahead, focused on getting to the base. little did she know that they were being watched.

In a dark alleyway hidden from view where they could see everything going on in the street, three men were watching the squad with keen eyes.

"There, the shorter of the two tallest of the armor-clad folk. We  want him, he seems to be the leader in charge."

"What about the taller one on the left? They seem pretty close in some way, I can feel it in my veins."

"No!Him we don't want, we don't need him now. we'll get in touch with him later."

"Less talking and more planning and action" said a third impatient voice.

"All right, all right no need to get all pissy."

Lucky was keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary when she felt a sudden jarring pull on her shoulder. before she could utter a sound, her helmet was yanked off and a cloth was placed over her mouth. pain coursed through her body as she breathed in the strong smell her mind raced as her vision started to blur, she tried yo fight but her arms and legs were being firmly held down.

Chloroform...

Before she could think of anything else, she was enveloped by deep darkness.
SL/1SGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]]

To Embrace the Darkness is To Bring About The light...
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1230
January 14, 2009 7:42:42 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Guys, move.  Now" said Lucky.

Alan could hear the urgency in her voice and knew something was wrong.  He followed her outside quickly.  Glancing behind him, he checked that the rest of the squad had exited the bar and none were missing.  Thank goodness we got out of there when we did thought Alan.  Then it all happened so fast.  Turning back towards Lucky, he spotted a man pressing something against Lucky's mouth, her helmet was off and she was soon slumped unconscious in the man's arms.

"Lucky!" shouted Alan as he started to run after them.

Alan felt a hand on his shoulder bringing him down to the ground.  His blaster was in his hand in a second and it was soon pointing at his assailant.  His blaster came face to face with Zeshaun and he lowered it.  He glared at Zeshaun through his helmet, a sea of red washed over at him as he couldn't even begin to figure out why he had done that.  In his anger he never saw the blaster bolts that had flown over his head, grazing his armour.  The rest of the squad laid down fire and the men that had fired at Alan were soon down.

"Why the hell did you do that?" shouted Alan inquiringly.

"I saved your life" stated Zeshaun, "you never noticed the men that had you in their sights".

"I could have got to her, now she is gone" replied Alan, not really hearing what Zeshaun had said, even though he could see the dead bodies around him.

The squad stood, some kneeled as they took in what had happened.  They had lost their leader and Alan had lost so much more.  Even though they couldn't see Alan's face, they felt his anger through his actions and his voice.  They waited to see what the next move would be but none wanting to say a word lest they be on the receiving end of Alan's wrath.

"So what do we do now?" whispered Njall as he moved alongside Requiem.

"We wait for orders" replied Requiem.

"We should do something" said Njall.

"You want to say that to Alan?" queried Requiem.

Njall glanced towards Alan and shook his head.  Leon leaned against one of the buildings as he waited for orders to come.  Glancing around his eyes widened.  He couldn't believe what he was seeing.  He tapped Zeshaun's shoulders and pointed.

Zeshaun looked over at what Leon was pointing at and he couldn't believe his eyes.  Right in broad daylight were two rebel officers walking down the street, oblivious to everything and not even noticing the group of Stromtroopers.

Zeshaun didn't really want to approach Alan right now but he knew he had to.  Tapping his shoulder he said "we've got some rebel officers approaching, if we grab them we can force the information of where exactly their base is".

Zeshaun waited for an answer but none was forthcoming.  It was almost like Alan was in a state of shock or a trance, Zeshaun didn't know which.

"They've spotted us" called out Njall.

"They're running" added Leon as he grabbed his blaster.

"Let's get after them" said Zeshaun as he realised that Alan wasn't going to issue any orders.

"No" said Alan, his voice loud and clear.  The squad halted from their pursuit, surprised at the sudden order.  They stood and watched as the rebel officers escaped.

"Great" said Requiem, "now they're going to put the base on high alert, we'll never get in now".

"That is of no concern to me" replied Alan.

"What do you mean, no concern, we have a mission to accomplish" said Zeshaun.

"Accomplish it we will" replied Alan, "but right now Lucky is our primary objective.  As Assistant Squad Leader, I am taking charge of the squad.  Lucky has been taken and our priority is to get her back safe and sound".

"I know you are devastated right now by her capture" said Zeshaun, "but we have no clue who took her or where they took her to".

Alan sighed, Zeshaun was right.  He had no clue as to how to proceed but if they had to kick in every single door of this town or comb the entire planet for her then they would.  Lucky would be found, any other outcome was unacceptable.

"Wait" said Alan, his mind thinking things through, "Lucky saw people that spooked her in the bar.  Someone there must know who took her, let's go".

The squad followed behind Alan who stormed down the street.  He flung the bar doors open with all of his might, the doors hammered against the wall.  Glaring around at all the stunned patrons, Alan spotted someone who he knew had been there when the suspicious men had entered.

Alan grabbed the man and flung him against the wall.  "Who were the men that came in here before we left!" shouted Alan, "talk!"

"I don't know" replied the man.

"I said talk or so help me you will be dead in seconds" replied Alan as he grabbed his blaster and pointed it at the man's skull.

Zeshaun glanced at Alan and a look of worry crossed his face.  He had never seen Alan act like this before and he was genuinely worried that Alan might just pull the trigger.

"I said talk!" shouted Alan again.

"I swear I don't know anything" stammered the man, beads of sweat trickled down his forehead.

Alan threw the man across the floor and shouted "someone must know something".

"Maybe I can be of assistance" said a voice.

Alan glanced over in his direction and saw a man hiding in the shadows of the bar.  Alan strode across the bar and grabbed the man, hoisting him in the air.

"Talk" said Alan.

"The person who was taken, important is he?" asked the man.

"She is very important" replied Alan as he slammed the man against the wall.

"She" replied the man, "they never told me that.  Friend, lover?"

"Wife" replied Alan as he snarled at the man.

"Oh, how nice" replied the man, "you do anything to me and she dies.  Now, seeing as how you are Imperials I am guessing you only use Imperial Credits, no matter, we can still make use of them.  Come back tomorrow morning with 1 million Imperial Credits and she will be released unharmed.  Try to rescue her or not pay us and she dies".

Alan snarled, pressing his blaster against the man's head.  Every fibre of his being wanted nothing more than shooting him where he stood.

Zeshaun moved to Alan's side and putting his hand on Alan's blaster and lowered it.  "Let him go, Lucky is alive right now and shooting this maggot won't help her".

Lowering the man to the ground Alan looked at him and said "if you harm her in any way then I will seek you out and you will die a very painful death".

"Oh please" replied the man, "your threats are meaningless, we have everything we need and if you want to see your beloved wife again you will pay us what we ask".

Alan knew that Zeshaun was right.  He lowered his blaster to the ground and watched as the man sneered and left the bar.  The squad started talking amongst themselves, wondering what their next move would be.

Alan sat down at a nearby table and took off his helmet.  Zeshaun went to the bar and ordered up two Corellian whiskeys and joined him.  Alan didn't say much as he downed his whiskey in one gulp.

"You know we don't have that kind of money" said Zeshaun, "even if we did, I doubt they would release her if we did pay".

"I know" replied Alan.

"So what's the plan?" questioned Zeshaun.

"I don't know yet" replied Alan as he clenched his fists and said "but somehow we will find who took Lucky, get her back and make them suffer".

Alan slammed his fist down on the table causing the empty glasses to shake and fall, shattering on the bar's floor.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited January 14, 2009 7:51:55 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  376
January 14, 2009 7:07:24 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun felt very awkard, as the bartender gave their table a stern look after Alan dropped and smashed his glass on the ground. He had been giving them warning looks ever since Alan went off and started pointing his blaster at people to get them to talk. Zeshaun quickly bent down and scooped up the pieces and placed them back on the table, Alan was still shaking slightly. He knew that Alan had to be taking the abduction of Lucky the hardest. Zeshaun felt bad, but if Alan wasn't going to stay level headed, someone had to keep him in line.

Zeshaun waited until Alan seemed to have calmed down and they both left the bar, Zeshaun motioned for everyone to follow since Alan didn't do so, and went to a more discreet area to make some kind of plan on how to get Lucky back. They sat in a thin forest that was out behind the bar, it blocked them from the street, and it was a safe place to stay the night if they had too.

Alan still seemed to be agitated and was still lacking enough control to really take in the situations so Zeshaun started to talk. They sat in a small circle mumbling useless ideas, all their ideas seemed hopeless unless they somehow managed to discover the place that they were keeping Lucky, if they were lucky then that would be the base that they had been searching for.

"Anyone have any ideas where a base might be?" Zeshaun asked, half-heartedly.

Everyone just looked down at the ground, the loss of the squad leader seemed to have a muffling effect on everyone's brains and even Requiem who was usually overflowing with ideas was nearly silent. Zeshaun let out a sigh. I guess we'll have to take a little break before we get anything done. Zeshaun thought leaning back on a tree. A sudden rustle of leaves made Zeshaun put his hand on his blaster but then he noticed that it was just Alan who had just stood up from his own secluded spot by another tree.

The squad looked up to him, he just stood, looking as if he was going to say something. Zeshaun waited expecting some kind of plan or idea, anything at this point would be helpful.

"Let's send a message to the Vast Empire about the situation and we'll sleep here for the night and make a plan when we get up tomorrow." Alan said.

Exactly what I was thinking. Zeshaun thought, he looked around at the other people in the squad and no one objected so they started setting up who would stay up, and started making a small fire since it was starting to get dark. Zeshaun secretly decided that he wouldn't let Alan sit watch until he got some sleep.

Zeshaun volunteered to stay up the first watch, and let everyone else get some sleep. He tended the fire and as he sat alone in the light of the fire the loss of Lucky really hit him. He suddenly felt his chest tighten and had to take a few deep breaths. If we don't get Lucky back, the squad will never be the same. Zeshaun thought.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1233
January 15, 2009 7:22:18 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was thankful for Zeshaun's help and understanding.  He hadn't argued with him when Zeshaun told him to go get some rest.  He curled up against a tree and tried to sleep.  His mind kept thinking of Lucky and how he should have done something to prevent her abduction.  He tossed and turned and eventually got some form of sleep.  Waking up early he relieved Njall and took the last watch.  This will give me some quiet time to formulate a plan before the squad wakens thought Alan.

Whilst the squad slept, Alan made use of his communications equipment to contact Tadath and inform the Vast Empire their current predicament.  His equipment was met with static.  Alan knew the equipment was in full working order before they had left on their mission and he wondered what was causing the problem.  Then he nodded in understanding.  Damn Rebels, they are on such a high alert that they have blanketed the area, maybe even the planet with a dampening field which is cutting off any form of communication pondered Alan as he realised that they were on their own.

The squad started waking up and Alan knew that they had to get to the bar and meet up with the stranger that knew the whereabouts of Lucky.  Having not been able to contact Tadath he was wondering what the man was going to say, today was not going to go down well.  Wait he suddenly thought to himself this communication blackout could work to our advantage

Zeshaun woke up along with the other squad members and noticed Alan deep in thought.  He moved over to him, "how are you holding up?"

Alan glanced over at Zeshaun and replied "not great, but better than yesterday".

"What did the VE say when you told them of our predicament?" queried Zeshaun.

"Communications are down, I'm guessing the Rebels are responsible for that" said Alan.

"Great" muttered Zeshaun, "what are you planning on saying to the contact in the bar?"

"Don't worry, I have a plan" replied Alan.

Once everyone was up, they made their way to the bar.  Alan glanced around and took in the surroundings.  He didn't see Lucky but then he never really thought they were stupid enough to bring Lucky to the presumed drop off point.  There were several patrons already in the bar and Alan spotted the contact sitting at one of the tables in the far corner.

"Guys, spread out and cover us" said Alan to the squad.  He knew that any of the patrons could be part of this operation and he didn't want to be taken by surprise.  "Zeshaun, you're with me".

The squad nodded and started to wander through the bar taking up several strategic locations.  Alan and Zeshaun moved over to the contact and sat down at the table.  It was several minutes before the man looked up at them with a stern look on his face.

"You're late" he said.

"We're here aren't we" replied Alan, not about to be ruffled by this man, even though all he wanted to do right now was shoot him dead.

"You have the money?" asked the man.

"No" replied Alan.  Zeshaun glanced over at him and he knew that the answer he gave jeopardised Lucky's life but he had a plan going through his head and he prayed that it worked.

"No" replied the man, "then she dies".  He started to stand up.

"Wait" said Alan as he held up his hand, "it's not our fault.  The Rebel base has cut off communications.  We can't contact our base to get the money".

The man laughed as he heard Alan's excuse.  "You take me for a fool" he seethed.

"Of course not" replied Alan, "check with your colleagues if you don't believe me".

"Wait here" said the man as he stood up and exited the bar.

"What do you think?" asked Alan to Zeshaun.

"Risky" replied Zeshaun, "but it could buy us some time".

They waited patiently at the table.  Alan periodically checking with the squad to make sure they were all safe.  Some were getting irritable with the wait but they were professional and kept constant watch.  Soon the man returned and sat back at the table.

"It looks like you were right" he replied, "This is an unfortunate turn of events and one which must be rectified.  In order to do so I will need your armour and weapons".

"What the hell do you need with those!" objected Zeshaun.

The man glanced over at Zeshaun and replied "if they are on alert because of you, then it is you that we must deliver to them before they relax and cancel out the communications blackout".

Alan thought it over and replied "Agreed, you can have our armour but we will need alternative armour.  However, I will not hand over any weapons to you, you are an intelligent person and you certainly can come up with a story where you wanted to keep the weapons for yourself".

The man mulled this over before replying "agreed, return in one hour and I will have suitable armour for you and your men.  Once the communications are back then you will have one day to get us the money".

"We will need more time than that, I need to contact my superiors, obtain the money and have it delivered.  I need at least three days" stated Alan.

"I give you two" he replied.  Without waiting for an answer, the man quickly left the bar.

"Are you insane" said Zeshaun as he looked at Alan.  Alan waved to the squad to join them so he could brief them on what the latest developments were.  The briefing was short and to the point and brought out a lot of discontented soldiers.

"I don't like the idea of either them or the rebels having Stormtrooper armour" objected Requiem.

"I only just got mine" said Njall.

"I think it's a mistake" stated Leon.

"I know you are all not happy with the decision" said Alan, "I have to say that I am not overly keen with it myself but it buys us time".

"Yes, but time to do what?" queried Zeshaun.

"Time needed to free Lucky" stated Alan.

"But we don't know anything about who these people are or where Lucky is" stated Leon.

"True, but our contact has given me all the information I need" said Alan.

Zeshaun looked at Alan with a look of bewilderment as he said "was I at a different meeting.  He told us nothing".

"Think of it, he knows there is a Rebel base here and he must know where it is otherwise he wouldn't know where to drop these fake Imperials off to" said Alan.

"But how does that help us find Lucky?" queried Njall.

"Think about it, if they know the Rebels then surely the Rebels must know about them.  They are hardly going to let any civilian into their base, but if they know them, then they probably already have dealings with them" added Alan.

Zeshaun's face brightened as he suddenly realised where Alan was going with it.  "Brilliant" commented Zeshaun.

"Would someone please explain things as I'm still not getting it" said Leon.

"I think I've got it now" said Requiem, "if the Rebels know about these men then it would be recorded on their systems.  All we have to do is get into the base, access the records and then we should get enough information on their whereabouts to pay them a visit".

"Exactly, we will know where they are and we can rescue Lucky" replied Alan as he clenched his fist and added, "and then we make them pay".
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited January 15, 2009 7:29:27 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1735
January 15, 2009 6:19:50 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
When Lucky came to, she had a splitting headache and couldn't see well. The room she was in was dimly lit, there were suspended bare bulbs at random points in the room, it was cold and it smelled damp and moldy. In a corner of the room was a huge stack of fairly large boxes and in another corner, an old computer terminal was showing poor-quality images of different key points of the establishment.

When she was conscious enough, she tried to move but found herself secured to some piping on the wall she was propped up against. She could hear men's voices somewhere nearby and when she concentrated on them, she found she could make out bits of a conversation.

"...thought she was a man..."

"....she's still usable..."

"...how long until Gunther arrives..."

"Keep your voice down...."

Looking down, she was happy to see she was still wearing her armor but she wondered where her helmet was. Looking around quickly, she spotted it on the edge of a table, when she looked back to where the voices were coming from, she spotted a man wearing a green uniform staring at her, a sneer on his face. A rifle was slung over his shoulder, held in place by a strap.

"You're awake then, good."

He stepped closer to her, she tried to shy away but her attempts were useless. His smile grew even wider as he stopped two feet away from her.

"Now what is your business here? Why are you and your squad prowling around?"

She stared him square in the eye but did not reply.

"Answer me or you will suffer the consequences."

Still, she stared at this man who was demanding information from her . She was determined to keep the VE's business where it belonged and help rid the Galaxy of people like him.

"Very well then, you leave me no choice..."
SL/1SGT Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]]

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  382
January 15, 2009 7:38:01 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Alan seemed to be doing much better, he was at least thinking much clearer. Zeshaun was surprised at the simplicity of the plan and was slightly dumbfounded that he did not think of that himself the night before. Good to have the old Alan back. he thought. The loss of their armor was easy to deal with, and their informant would even give them alternative armor to wear. At least they didn't get our weapons. Zeshaun thought wrapping his fingers around his fairly new assault rifle.

They waited a bit longer until their informant came back with eight sets of armor, brand new it seemed, from some kind of warehouse no doubt. Zeshaun reluctantly started to unclasp his armor and placed it piece by piece on the table. He grabbed a set of the new armor and quickly put it on. It was more uncomfortable than the shock trooper armor but it would provide enough protection. Other people followed his and Alan's lead and started to take off their armor as well. After a couple of minutes everyone was changed.

The informant left carrying the large stack of black shock trooper armor leaving the paladin's in the bar. The armor that was provided was very simple but seemed good enough to protect them in a battle the only downside was that they did not get any helmets. I'm gonna need to find some kind of cover or I'm gonna attract some unwanted attention. Zeshaun thought, getting the feeling that trandoshans were not so common on Naboo. Alan decided that they leave the bar and search for the rebel base. Everyone agreed and so they went out into the streets.

Zeshaun had to thank the informant if they ever met again, the new armor helped them blend in with the normal folk better and they were much more discreet now. They even got waves from policeman, probably thinking they were fellow protectors of the peace. This could work to our advantage. Zeshaun thought.

He took Alan aside for a minute and talked to him. "We should see if we can get some of the other military people around the city to tell us where the base is, they seem friendly enough."

"They're friendly right now, wait until they find out that we're stormtroopers looking to crush the rebel operations on the planet." Alan joked.

Zeshaun laughed and then filled everyone in on the plan, he told them to keep an eye out for someone of fairly high stature, they would be the best bet for having information on the rebel base. As they walked down the street, Njall spoke up and pointed out a lieutenant walking around the streets, with two other soldiers.

They quickened their pace and caught up with the group of three, they seemed to recognize their armor as some form of police or militia because they didn't seem surprised to be stopped by a group of people, heavily armed and clad in armor.

Alan spoke with the Lieutenant in private while Zeshaun and the others stood watching the two of them exchange words. I hope we're getting the right info. Zeshaun thought, he didn't want to be sent on a wild goose chase when Lucky's life was in danger every second that passed.

Alan returned with a smile on his face, Zeshaun smiled back, and the whole squad waited for the news.

"I got directions." Alan said beaming "and we're not too far away."

Zeshaun smiled at the news, everyone seemed to get more upbeat after hearing the news. They followed Alan, who walked off down the street, almost at a jog. Zeshaun caught up with him,

"you better slow down, we don't want them to know we're coming." Zeshaun pointed out.

Alan slowed his pace slightly but not by much. Zeshaun sighed and tried to keep up and made sure the others were keeping up as well. They were on their way to save Lucky, a cement wall, about the height of a normal home with a reinforced double door. Two guards stood by, dressed in the normal police officer uniforms but they were packing much more heat than any police officer they had seen walking through town. Here we go, time to do what the Paladin's do best. Zeshaun thought getting a hold of his rifle in case they couldn't get in peacefully.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1736
January 15, 2009 9:05:38 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
The man didn't have time to react however as a door banged open, which distracted whom she now assumed to be the chief of operations.

"Sir, look!they gave us their armor no problem, I still don't have the money though..."

"WHAT?!! I send you out to get the ransom and you come back with armor!!"

"But, sir...they couldn't reach their superiors, our security systems made sure all outside communications were blocked."

"We'll have to fix that now won't we?"

He didn't sound happy at all and she recoiled slightly as he turned to her.

"And YOU, I'm not finished with you, so don't you dare think about moving a muscle."

As he turned his back and moved away, a guard stood near where she was and occasionally glanced her way. She watched him for a bit and when she figured out his pattern, slowly reached down toward her belt and pulled out a short knife, working quickly at her restraints. She had to work slowly however, periodically hiding the knife when she sensed he would be looking and getting it out of hiding when he looked away. They had taken away all her weapons, but this one had been so well concealed that they ddi not know of it still being on her.

When she had all her arm and chest restraints taken care of, she quickly stated  working on her legs but was too slow to conceal her knife as the guard suddenly looked in her direction.

"Hey!!"

By this time the last of her restraints were shredded and she thrusted the knife in an upward motion as the guard came onto her. The blade easily sliced through his suit and up into his chest, piercing the heart for an instant kill.

As he slumped over, she quickly yanked out the bloody knife, wiped it hastily and grabbed the man's rifle. As she stood, the commanding officer and his men walked back into the room. Shocked to see her standing, free of all restraints, they stopped dead in their tracks and gawked, shock and surprise showing on their faces. She took this opportunity to raise her weapon and start a firing frenzy, seconds later she found herself staring at three or four bodies, including Gunther's.

Moving to the computer terminal, she watched the camera views and stopped the cycle at a particular frame. Eight soldiers were standing outside, approaching two armed soldiers at the door. keying her comm, she got in touch with Alan who seemed to still be wearing his.

"Alan, it's Lucky, kill those two soldiers, I'm at a security terminal now and will guide you guys to me at the best of my abilities."

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1235
January 15, 2009 9:30:22 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan started approaching the two guards and started to formulate a plan as to how to get past them without triggering too much suspicion.  His com suddenly sparked to like.  What the hell he thought.  His heart skipped a beat when he heard Lucky’s voice.

“Alan, it's Lucky, kill those two soldiers, I'm at a security terminal now and will guide you guys to me at the best of my abilities” came Lucky’s voice through the com.

Alan didn’t need to be told twice as he grabbed both of his blasters.  The guards never stood a chance as two clean shots went through their foreheads and they dropped down dead.

“I thought we were going for a more tactical approach” commented Zeshaun.

“We were, but I just got communication from Lucky, she’s in there and is going to guide us to her” replied Alan.

Zeshaun smiled and replied “let’s not keep her waiting”.

Alan rifled through the dead guards clothing and found a keycard.  He swiped it through the card reader and smiled as the door slid open.

His com crackled to life again as Lucky’s voice came through.  She guided them through a long set of winding corridors.  The squad moved cautiously but it seemed that this was a quiet part of the base, probably only used by guards who hopefully wouldn’t be doing a shift change anytime soon.

Being guided to a door, Alan opened it and his heart skipped a beat as he gazed upon Lucky.  Protocol be damned thought Alan as he rushed over to her and grabbed her in his arms and held her close to him.  She hugged him back happily.

“I missed you too” she said as Alan lowered her to the floor.

A side door opened and a man walked in and stopped, his eyes darting across the various squad members.  His eyes widened fearfully especially when he looked into Alan’s eyes and saw something that chilled him to the bone.

“Grab him!” shouted Alan.

Zeshaun and Requiem grabbed the man as he started to run off.

“Lucky, can I borrow your knife please?” asked Alan.

“Sure” replied Lucky as she handed Alan her knife.

Alan glared at the man.  He would never forget the man’s face.  It was the face that had haunted his dreams, the man behind Lucky.  The man who had abducted Lucky.

“So, you think you can go around abducting my wife without consequences” said Alan.

“Look, I didn’t know” he replied.

“Too bad” said Alan as he thrust the blade into the man’s stomach.  He gasped in shock as blood started seeping down his clothes.  Alan knew that a knife wound there was very painful.  He kept going, driving the blade upwards as if trying to cut the man in two.  His body twitched and convulsed.  Reaching his heart he stopped.  You will not get a quick death out of me thought Alan as he pulled out the blade and kicked the man to the floor.  The man’s body spasmed uncontrollably as Alan wiped the blade clean off his clothing.

“Thanks” said Alan as he returned the knife back to Lucky.

“You’re welcome” replied Lucky as she watched as her abductors life ebbed away slowly and painfully.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  383
January 16, 2009 8:55:32 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was very happy to see Lucky alive and with hardly a scratch on her. It seemed the rest of the squad was as ahppy if not happier than Zeshaun but it was obvious who was the happiest, Zeshaun hadn't seen Alan smile like that in a long time. They all sat in the room breathing a sigh of relief, when a sudden piercing alarm went off Oh hell Zeshaun thought quickly snatching up his rifle from it's hanging position off his side. He ran out into the hallway and could hear the footsteps coming from both directions that's not good

"We've got company heading our way." Zeshaun yelled back into the room.

Everyone else tensed up and grabbed their weapons, Zeshaun came back into the room. Alan and Lucky quickly talked over a plan and then shared it with everyone. They would go down one hallway and try to fight through what ever happened to stand in their way, the door would most likely be heavily guarded so they should look for an alternative way out. The squad nodded and they burst out of the room like a pack of wild panthers, eyes set on their next meal. As they rushed down the hall, Zeshaun realized that it seemed to have gotten darker while they were in the room. Weird, sun must set really quickly Zeshaun thought. He then noticed that there were no windows, only large metal sheets, where the windows used to be."

"Looks like windows are out of the question." Zeshaun said pointing out his observation to Lucky and Alan.

They talked over a bit without stopping running and they decided that it was a small inconvenience but they could get over it, hopefully there was another door that was not locked or blocked by a ridiculously large group of rebels.

They turned the corner into a larger recreational room type area, with couches and tables and other chairs. Just as they entered, a group of rebels entered from the other side of the room. Both sides were caught off guard but the Paladin's managed to recover quicker. Zeshaun let out a burst of fire from his rifle and saw two rebels drop. He wasn't sure if they were dead but he had to drop down behind a couch to take cover from the laser bolts before he could check. Here we go Zeshaun thought slinging his rifle over his shoulder and unhooking his submachine gun from it's holster on his thigh.

Without looking Zeshaun sprayed the room with bullets, he didn't bother to check if he hit anyone, the bolts were flying over his head in such a constant rate, he hardly had a chance to stick his head up to look. He noticed the other squad memebers were in the same predicament. Alan then revealed a grenade that he had stowed away in his belt.

Zeshaun watched Alan pull the pin and let it fly over the desk that he was crouched behind. the shooting suddenly stopped, probably because the rebels were trying to run away from the explosive, but it was no use. Zeshaun could hear the screams of soldiers dieing in the blast. Zeshaun popped his head up and saw now that the odds were much more even. He lined up a shot with a rebel that was half on fire and shot him in the chest, sending the man sprawling down the hallway.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  65
January 16, 2009 8:58:59 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
“Lucky, can I borrow your knife please?” asked Alan.

“Sure” replied Lucky as she handed Alan her knife.

Requiem than slowly walked tot he edge of the room and than surveyed the protection the room gave them slowly, he than raised his finger to the wall and swiped it down it's length. He than rubbed his thumb to his middle finger and than winced as he saw the black grime fall off of his hand onto the not great ground below.

Requiem than turned back slowly as he watched Alan impale the rebel soldier with no haste as he than had an unusual look on his face. He than flinched as he kicked him to the ground and continued to stretch the knife up his torso as it than ripped open as he than began convulse upon the moldy interrogation floor.

" A Little bit harsh I guess ? " Requiem muttered under his breath.

" What now ? " Zeshaun asked as he stared towards him.

Requiem turned back towards the group as he than saw them give him one glare as they than gave him the same expression of: it was needed. He than shook it off and continued to strafe the room as he than walked up to lucky and smiled at her as he gave her a warm smile as he was also glad she was back and safe.

" Where was that computer terminal you were using ? " Requiem asked as he than eyed her down suspiciously.

" Oh. . . in that corner over there " Lucky replied as she than pointed to prove her point.

Requiem walked over towards the terminal with a certain haste, he than slowly looked to the terminal's screen which was horribly cracked presumably from aggressive interrogation's in the room. He than dragged his finger's over the screen to take off the excess dust as he than began to rub out of the dust of the screen.

" What are you doing ? " Njall asked as he began to walk over.

" Wait a second. " Requiem began to successfully activate the terminal's control's as he than smiled finished his work.

Requiem than slowly stepped back for a few moment's making sure he was far back enough so that they could see the screen's images. He smiled as he than watched the terminal's camera's fuse together and create a small image of the same rebel troop walking down the walkway's of the base. He than placed his finger to the screen and watched as a small image with direction's of the entire facility appeared.

" What's this ? " Leon asked rubbing his chin.

" This- " Requiem said as he than made a hand gesture "-is our fool proof security system. " Requiem said as he than motioned to the door.

They than followed out as he continued. " I made a small image from the record's to show, well us walking down a separate set of corridor's than what we will be. " Requiem said hoping someone got his idea.

" So we could go anywhere in this facility and they would be following the fake us ? " Zeshaun asked as he got the idea.

" Exactly, now let's go find the slave trader " Requiem said as he than reached to his sides to grab his weapons.
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  136
Total Posts:  564
January 17, 2009 10:10:36 AM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy followed closely behind the rest of the squad. Seeings how he was new, it was best to follow the ones who have already been here a while.

"So what exactly are we looking for again?" Zippy asked curiously.

"We are looking for a slave trader", said Requiem as they ran down the corridors.

Zippy kept following close behind Lucky and the rest of the team. He kept wondering if they would get caught by any of the gaurds around the base, but they were so fooled it wasn't even funny. Every now and then they would have to take cover, so as not to be seen, but nothing to serious. Even if they were to get discovered, it wouldn't be that big of a surprise any way because the base is on high alert and everyone is all ready running around, so its not that big of a deal.

"I think I found where they are keeping the trader, Alan said as the squad came to a sudden halt. Look, down through the window, but stay hidden.

They all turned to the window and saw a giant ship with people being put on board.

"I wonder what they are planning to do with all those poeple, Njall questioned.

"I think we should find out before they take off. Look! There are rebel troops being boarded as well!

The squad kept progressing until they came to the hanger doors.

"So, who wants to be the Lucky one to take out those two gaurds sitting over there?" Lucky said.

"I'll do it, Zeshaun said as he approached the guards quietly.

"I just hope I have enough ammo to last me", Zippy said nervously.

Zippy kept thinking about the slaves and the slave trader. What would the rebels need with those slaves any way? Its either they are freeing them, or they're taking them whatever the case, Zippy and the squad would most likely be in for a rude awakening. As he kept thinking, the squad started talking of what they were going to do next.

"All the gaurds are 'taken' care of. Zeshaun said.

"Alright squad, lets get to that slave trader and see what there up to.
Private Zippy9912
Paladin Squad
Army of the vast empire
TRP/PVT Zippy/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"You win some, you lose some, thats the way it goes."
[This message has been edited by Zippy (edited January 17, 2009 10:14:15 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Zippy (edited January 17, 2009 10:17:38 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1238
January 18, 2009 11:26:51 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky waved the squad forward to advance on the ship after Zeshaun had taken out all the guards protecting.  He was wondering what the slaves were going to be used for.  He was looking forward to freeing the slaves and getting rid of the slave trader.

Despite the guards being taken out, the squad were on full alert, expecting trouble from anywhere.  Alan’s senses were expecting trouble from anywhere, especially after the recent abduction of Lucky.  Usually his blasters were holstered ready for him should he need them, but right now both blasters were in his hands.

Suddenly a nearby crate exploded and shards of wood flew around the squad.  The squad tried their best to shield themselves from the shrapnel and Alan wished they still were wearing their own armour as he felt unprotected without his helmet.

“What caused that?” asked Zippy.

“Look out” called out Zeshaun.

Alan glanced around to see what Zeshaun had noticed and realised that the ships cannons were firing and firing at them.

“We need to take out those cannons” said Alan.

“I’ve got some grenades” said Requiem.

“Negative” replied Lucky, “there are slaves on board that ship and they could get caught up in the explosion”.

“So what’s the plan?” queried Njall.

“We fan out and advance on the ship, we need to get onboard that ship and take out the person operating the cannon” said Lucky.  She knew that if the squad stayed together in one big group then it would make the ship’s cannons easy to take them out in one quick fire.

Alan watched as the squad started to disperse so that they could advance on the ship individually in the hopes that someone could get onto the ship and take out the cannon from the insides.

Alan glanced over to see the direction that Lucky had taken.  He decided to stay close to her and moved in a parallel direction to her.  Another crate exploded as the cannon opened up again.

We better get that cannon stopped thought Alan as he knew the squad couldn’t dodge these blasts forever.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  66
January 18, 2009 1:15:06 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
Requiem ran down towards the ship as Zeshaun followed after him, weaving and changing direction trying to avoid the large blaster fire which was emanating from the ship's main blaster cannon's Come on. . . Requiem slowly dived forward as the blaster cannon's focuses and fired directly at him, he than ducked behind a canister and than grasped his machine pistol's.

Requiem watched as Zeshaun than took cover with a canister across from Requiem. He than nodded and waited as the ship fired off 2 shot's which than shook into the canister's and exploded. Zeshaun and Requiem than ran forward through the smoke as they than rounded around the side of the cannon and position themselves on opposite side's of the barrel where it couldn't direct its aim. Finally

Requiem than yelled into his comlink trying to raise his voice louder than the cannon's continuous firing. " Okay! We're right beside the Barrel. What do we do next ?  " Requiem yelled.

" Just hold on, we're still thinking about that one. " Lucky said as she than fired at the cannons.

" I have an idea " Requiem said as he than ducked from the barrel's sudden swing in his direction.

" Continue Req, make it quick. " Alan said as a loud explosion was heard in there general direction.

Requiem than nodded as he than began to crouch along the base of the large ship as he than rounded it's edge and began to walk towards it's Cockpit. He than slowly scaled the front of starboard of the ship and than rolled towards the large glass that harbored their menacingly.

Requiem than nodded as he crept farther down towards the cockpit window, he than reloaded his weapon and than exhaled. He looked over to Lucky as she was currently in his last position. Requiem than looked tot h rest of the squad who were waiting for order's when Requiem began.

" Okay im going to shoot the pilot, open up the control's in here to open the loading ramp. You guys pile out the slave's and i,ll take care of the cannon. " Requiem said with curiosity in his voice.

Requiem than reached to his side and grabbed his peasant beater. He than slammed it against the window which was remarkably weak as it than broke into millions of shard's in the area. He than got up and fired at the unexpected pilot siting in the front chair. He than jumped over the window and began to fire at the many seat's in the bridge. He smiled as he surveyed the room to see that it was empty.

Requiem than ran around the room pressing consecutive tab's and smiled as the loading ramp than signaled that it was opening. He than opened up the bridge door and than walked out of the large cockpit to see a large mass of slave's shaking and crying. wow this is depressing
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  387
January 18, 2009 4:17:47 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun covered for Requiem as he smashed through a window and jumped in to the ship, the cry from the unsuspecting crewman could be heard over the cannon fire. As soon as the traders noticed that Requiem had gone into their ship and possibly threatening their precious cargo, they started concentrating as many people as they could on the new opening that Requiem had made. Unfortunately that was exactly where Zeshaun was standing, a sudden onslaught of bolts. Zeshaun dove down and the bolts flew over his head, smashing the rest of the glass that was left in the windows.

"I could use some help!" Zeshaun yelled into the commlink.

Alan responded along with Zippy and Njall, who all seemed to be fairly close to his position. Zeshaun had to hold out on his own for the time being until they arrived. Zeshaun checked t make sure he had a full clip in and then stood up on one knee, and fired.

A trader with a blaster rifle fell, and before Zeshaun could shoot again, he was forced to take cover again. that's getting really annoying. Zeshaun thought, feeling the metal shards fall on top of his body as the bolts that over shot his head and were digging holes now in the front of the ship.

Zeshaun quickly got up on one knee again and fired, faster this time, giving up accuracy so that he could take a shot at a larger portion of the oncoming force. He took out 3 more traders but it wasn't even close to enough as they reached the tip of the ship, still advancing. Zeshaun had to duck down again but the bolts were getting closer and closer to his head. I'm done for Zeshaun thought, seeing the heads of the traders emerging over the top of the nose of the ship.

As Zeshaun was about to give up and actually started to consider giving up, the sound of footsteps stopped and a shadow fell over him. He look up and Alan, Zippy, Njall, and Leon, all standing over him, now driving back the small wave of traders. Zeshaun quickly got up and picked up a few kills himself.

"Thanks for saving my ass." Zeshaun said whipping sweat from his brow.

"Someone has too." Alan said with a smile.

Zeshaun smiled and reloaded his rifle and then remembered that Requiem was still inside the ship and freeing the slaves. Zeshaun looked around the side and saw that the ramps were already starting to open up. Zeshaun pointed it out to Alan and the 5 of them started to slide down the the nose of the ship and dropped down to the ground.

The 5 paladin's came to the 4 ramps on either side and started going up the ramp. Zeshaun and Zippy stayed outside the ramps on one side to protect any of the slaves and the paladin's that would be helping them escape.

Zeshaun reloaded his rifle and aimed down his sights, waiting for the wave of traders and rebels that should be attacking when they realized their cargo was being taken out from under their nose.

Where are they? Zeshaun thought, it was unusually quiet as Alan and Njall came out down the ramp with the first batch of slaves, as Alan and Njall got stepped off the ramp a couple of bolts flew over their heads, hitting a slave in the chest. There they are. Zeshaun thought grimacing and quickly turning to search for the origin of the bolt.

He saw the muzzle of a rifle coming from a stack of crates and boxes, as Zeshaun and Zippy slowly advanced on the boxes keeping their eyes out for a larger force that could be looming in the shadows. The traders suddenly jumped up from behind the crates, and charged out toward the two paladin's. Zeshaun nearly tripped backwards from the sudden outburst by the traders.

Zeshaun quickly recovered and fired a shot into the chest of the closest trader, taking him down and knocking down a few of the crates. It seemed Zippy was holding his own but the traders were too overwhelming.They were forced to retreat back to the ramp. At least Alan and Njall were able to get the slaves away. Zeshaun thought, returning fire to the traders.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1241
January 19, 2009 7:25:53 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan and Njall entered the ship.  It didn't take them long to locate the slaves.  They were cowering in the hold of the ship, shackled together.  It was a motley assembly of both Gungans and humans.  They immediately cowered as they saw Alan and Njall enter.  Alan remembering that he didn't have his own armour on and they probably thought they were associated with the slave traders.

"Relax" said Alan as he held up his hand, "we're here to help".

The slaves looked at the two of them curiously, unsure as to whether or not to trust them.  Alan glanced around, looking for a key to the shackles but not finding any.

"Njall, we're going to have to blast those shackles, you start there and I'll start here" said Alan.

"Roger that" replied Njall.

They both started systematically going round all of the slaves, shooting their shackles so that they had freedom of movement.

"Mesa dankin ye kindly" said one of the Gungans.

Alan looked at the Gungan.  He had seen a few Gungans on this mission but this one looked different.  He looked older than the others he had seen.  Maybe their leader thought Alan.

"You're welcome" replied Alan, "but we need to get you out of here".

The Gungan nodded and Alan started escorting them down the ramp with Njall bringing up the rear.  As they moved down the ramps, Alan noticed Zeshaun and Zippy standing guard at the entrance, waiting for trouble.  It did not take long for trouble to seek them out as one of the Gungans cried out and collapsed as a blaster bolt flew straight at him.

"Move, move!" shouted Alan.

Alan grabbed his blasters and just started firing in the general vicinity of where the blaster fire had originated from.  The slaves were hot on his heels with Njall at the rear, firing at the source of the blasters.

Soon they were out of the hangar and Alan looked around.  He hadn't counted the slaves but it looked like the majority of them had escaped with their lives.

"That was close" commented Njall.

"Too close" replied Alan, "now let's get these people out of here".

"No" stated the Gungan.

Alan looked at the Gungan, unsure as to why he had said no, especially after they had risked their lives to get them out and even now, the rest of the squad battled with the traders to put a stop to them.

"What do you mean, no?" queried Alan.

"Yousa friend's dey in bomdad trouble, yousa helping dem, wesa getting out okie dokie" replied the Gungan.

Alan grimaced inside as he heard the Gungans speech but part of him was relieved to hear it, he knew the squad would need as much help as they could muster.

"Thank you" said Alan, as he nodded to the chief Gungan.

"Yousa welcum" replied the Gungan as he led the band of slaves down the corridor.

"You think they'll make it?" asked Njall.

"I hope so" replied Alan, "now let's get moving, we have some traders to kill".

"Right with you" said Njall as they both ran back towards the hangar.

Arriving at the hangar, Alan surveyed the situation and thought to himself this isn't good.  He watched as Zeshaun and Zippy were forced back into the ship.  He looked around for the rest of the squad and saw Leon and Lucky pinned down in the far corner of the hangar.  He couldn't see Requiem but assumed that he was in the ship.

"What do we do?" asked Njall.

Alan grabbed both his blasters in his hand and said "let's take down some traders".
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  144
January 19, 2009 10:04:31 AM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy and Zeshaun kept maneuvering around as best they could next to the ship, avoiding all the blaster fire that kept coming in.

"Watch your left! Zippy yelled to Zeshaun.

"I've got him, I've got him!"

"So whats the plan, try to regroup with the other members of the squad?"

"Thats the plan Zippy. The key is 'trying to regroup' with the squad. If we can regroup, we'll have a better chance at fighting them off."

Zippy and Zeshaun continued to fight when Zippy noticed something. Alan and Njall were coming down to help. Zippy then blasted a traitor right in the forehead and then jumped inside the ship for more cover.

"We're coming to help out, but were is Req! I know were Lucky and Leon are, because there pinned in the far side of the hanger, but were is he.

They squad ducked down as they saw blaster bolts coming from inside the ship.

"Keep your shirts on fellas, I'm right here."

"Lets stay together team. We'll have a better chance against the traitors if we can stay together, said Alan. We must rescue Lucky and Leon."

Zippy and Zeshaun provided cover fire while Alan, Njall, and Req ran out of the ship to provide Lucky and Leon some help.

"Lucky, you guys alight over there? Yelled out Alan as he killed another traitor."

"Ya, but we could use some help," Lucky and Leon yelled out.

"I'll go help them, and you guys take out whats left of the rebels", Njall said as he ran and jumped behind some crates.

"That Njall, always running into the heat of everything."

Zippy and the rest of the squad continued to fight off the rebels. Zippy knew as well as anyone else, that they were going to have to figure out what was going on around here.
Private Zippy9912
Paladin Squad
Army of the vast empire
"Embrace the darkness to bring about the light"-Paladin moto
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1242
January 19, 2009 11:22:44 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan watched Njall dash off to help out Lucky and Leon, he shook his head and wondered if he had ever been as reckless as that in his youth.  He decided not to ponder on that for too long as he started to wonder whether or not he had been more reckless.

“Right, let’s sweep this base and take out what remaining rebels there are” said Alan.

“Any idea how many rebels are left on this base?” queried Zeshaun.

Alan was about to answer that he didn’t know, he was hoping that there was not going to be a large contingent of rebels stationed here.  His answer was never spoken as he was interrupted by a metallic sound.

“What’s that?” queried Zippy.

Alan wasn’t sure he was going to like the answer to that question but he whirled round, seeking out the very source of the noise.

“Look” called out Requiem as he pointed.

Alan’s eyes widened as he spotted a large metallic door creaking open and a vast array of rebel soldiers swarming in, weapons raised.

“Oh hell” whispered Zippy.

Alan glanced over at Zeshaun and said “you had to ask how many rebels there are”.

“Sorry” replied Zeshaun with a faint smile on his face”.

“Well there you have your answer, that many” said Alan.

“Now what?” queried Requiem.

Alan got onto the com, “Lucky, suggest we make an immediate withdrawal to the ship”.

Lucky’s voice came back and replied “we won’t last long in there”.

“I know” replied Alan, “but how long do you think we’ll last here, besides which we might even get that thing to fly and get us out of here”.

“Sounds like a plan to me.  We’ll meet you there, Lucky out”.

“Let’s move it people” shouted Alan as he and the rest of the squad started making tracks towards the ship, blaster bolts flying all around them as Alan returned fire, not even looking to see if he hit anything.

I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one he thought to himself.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  391
January 19, 2009 12:28:46 AM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun quickly retreated into the ship, not even pausing to fire back What's the point, it just gives them a chance to shoot me down. Zeshaun thought justifying his cowardice. Once inside the confines of the ship, Zeshaun started returning fire, trying to keep them clear of the ramps but with the volume of rebels advancing on them it was going to be close to impossible. Zeshaun gave up on his rifle, it shot too slowly to take on the ridiculous amount of rebel soldiers. He grabbed up his submachine gun and started blasting away, the continuous spray from his gun seemed to slow them slightly but didn't come close to stopping them.

"Who's gonna try to fix up the ship?" Alan asked, firing over and over into the sea of rebels.

Leon, Njall, and Requiem all volunteered to try to get the ship running and they ran off toward the cockpit. They better hurry, who knows how long we'll last here Zeshaun thought. Alan retreated back away from his position and sifted through a bag that he had found in the back of the ship. He came back with an armful of claymores, Alan gave him a look and he knew what he was going to do. Zeshaun had to cover Alan while he ran down the ramp and set up as many claymores as he could.

"watch your left." Zeshaun yelled,

Alan dodged a bolt and continued setting the claymores. Zeshaun had now switched back over to his rifle so that he could have more accurate shots against threats against Alan. Zeshaun started to panic when he found he could no longer keep all the threats off Alan's back.

"you better get outta there." Zeshaun said into the commlink.

Alan gave him a thumbs up and sprinted back up toward the ship. Zeshaun just kept shooting until Alan was safe, back inside the ship. Alan picked up his gun again and started to fire back. Now we have a back up plan Zeshaun thought observing the ring of claymores positioned around the base of the ramp.

Even with everyone firing back at the rebels as fast as they could, nothing seemed to stop them from advancing. Zippy emerged from the back with some grenades, he passed them out to everyone and they all lobed them, making sure they were far enough away from the claymores so that their blast would not set them off.

5 consecutive blasts, left gaping wholes in the sea of rebels and slowed them, it was much more effective than shooting down individual soldiers. The gaps were quickly filled with new rebels and the advancing soldiers didn't stop. They now seemed to be setting a perimeter around the ramp, far enough away from the claymores so that any blast would have only minimal effect on them. They're good Zeshaun thought as he pulled his head back and watched a bolt go right through where it used to be.

"How much longer Req?" Zeshaun asked into the commlink, he was getting nervous.

"The ship doesn't seem to want to be fixed, I don't even know if it can be fixed." Requiem said with a slight edge to his voice.

Damn Zeshaun turned back to the rebels and fired a couple of shots. Zeshaun turned to Alan who had been listening and Zeshaun could tell that Alan too, was skeptical about getting out of this situation alive.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1245
January 19, 2009 12:54:16 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
With the claymores set, it would give them some time but it would be only a matter of time before they brought out heavier weaponry to destroy the ship.  Their only hope lay in Requiem, Njall and Leon getting the ship operational.  He had faith in them, their very survival rested with them.

"How much longer Req?" Zeshaun asked into the com.

"The ship doesn't seem to want to be fixed, I don't even know if it can be fixed." Requiem said with a slight edge to his voice.

Alan glanced over to Zeshaun and the look on his face told him everything he needed to know.  Zeshaun didn’t think they were going to get out of this predicament and right now Alan was beginning to wonder that very thought himself.

“Status?” queried Lucky as she spotted Alan and the look on his face.

“Not looking good” replied Alan, “rebels have set up a perimeter and right now it looks like the ship is going nowhere as Requiem can’t get it fixed”.

The com sparked to life and Requiems voice came through “I got it, ship is up and running”.

Alan smiled and looked up at Lucky and said “guess I was wrong, looks like the ship will be going somewhere”.

Lucky looked over at Zeshaun and said “Zeshaun, get us out of here now”.

“I’m on it” said Zeshaun as he leapt up and strapped himself into the cockpit.

Alan moved up into the cockpit into the co-pilots seat, glancing over at Zeshaun he said “nothing fancy, just get us out of here fast”.

“Of course” replied Zeshaun, “told you we’d get out of here”.

Alan smiled as he heard the ships engines roaring to life, the metal under his feet throbbing.  Looks like we’re getting out of this after all he thought as he smiled to himself.

“Grenades” shouted Zippy.

Alan wondered where the grenades were as he heard Zippy’s warning.  Before he had a time to ask, the ship lurched upwards.  The lights flickered and the engines died.

“Damn” said Zeshaun as he slammed his fist down on the controls of the ship.

Now what thought Alan as he realised the Rebels had put an end to their escape aboard the slave trader’s ship.
First Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zippy
ComNet Initiate

Zippy

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  151
January 19, 2009 2:48:44 PM    View the profile of Zippy 
Zippy was in shock. The squad was that close to escaping that nightmare, and now, they're back in the same situation.

"Now what do we do," Njall yelled out as the rebels were approching the ship.

"We need a plan, Lucky said. I have an Idea, but its risky. Req, are the weapons still operational?

"I can get those back online for you, but probably nothing else."

"Good. Next, Zippy, Njall, and Zeshaun provide cover fire for us until the weapons system is back online. Alan, you stay with us for support."

"A well conceived plan, however, what happens if we can't get the weapons system back online?"

"I haven't gotten that far in the plan yet, but i'll think of something."

Zippy ran down to the loading bay with Njall and Zeshaun. They ran down to the doors at the end of the ship to provide cover for the rest of the squad. Zippy was worried because if they couldn't get the weapons system back online, they would be in even more trouble then they are already in.

"Well this really sucks, Zeshaun said annoyed. How the heck can we provide cover for them if we have tons of rebels every where!"

"Its all part of Lucky's plan I suppose, Njall yelled out over the blaster fire.

"Lets just try to stay on the task at hand, then we'll worry about what happens if we can't get the weapons online."

Just then, there was an explosion not to far away.

"Private Zippy, whats going on down there?"

"They've brought in grenade launchers! Can't last much longer down here. How are you guys coming with those weapons?"

"Req is still trying to get them online, just try to hold out a little longer."

"We'll try."
Private Zippy9912
Paladin Squad
Army of the vast empire
"Embrace the darkness to bring about the light"-Paladin moto
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  394
January 19, 2009 4:22:12 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun had been so excited that he would get to pilot a freighter but his dreams were crushed when the rebels brought around their rocket launchers. Zeshaun searched the mass of rebel troops for the ones with grenade launchers but it was only slightly easier than finding a pin in a haystack. You'd think their huge launchers would make them stick out Zeshaun thought getting frustrated with his lack of ability to find the grenade launchers.

"Got ya." Zeshaun caught a vanguard reloading their grenade launcher.

Zeshaun aimed carefully and fired, the shot went straight through the man's exposed neck and fell, blood splurting from the hole. The rest of the rebels immediately started to concentrate fire again on the ramp entrance, making it near impossible to shoot out.

"Well done." Zippy said, half-sarcastically.

Zeshaun just nodded and waited for any kind of break in their spray of fire. Zeshaun sat waiting, patiently until he heard a clink of metal on metal. He looked down and saw that a grenade had rolled up the ramp and into the ship. Oh hell Luckily Zippy reacted faster than Zeshaun and kicked the grenade hard, sending it flying back out of the ship and into the sea of rebels. Zeshaun didn't bother to look out to see the damage it had caused because it failed to cause a break in their continuous fire.

"Thank." Zeshaun patted Zippy on the shoulder.

"No problem."

Zeshaun found a quick opening in their attack and fired a couple of shots into a crowd, not having time to aim, hoping he hit someone. He heard a cry, which confirmed a kill. Zippy had also managed to shoot down a rebel in that tiny slot of time. Hurry Req Zeshaun was starting to get anxious, waiting for the activation of the weapons system.

"What's your status on the guns." Zeshaun asked through the commlink.

"We're almost done, just hold on a couple more minutes." Alan said,

just a couple more minutes. Zeshaun thought letting out a deep breath, he then spontaneously started to get some crates from the inner part of the ship and started to drag them over to the opening of the ramp. Zippy gave Zeshaun a strange look but when he saw Zeshaun placing them in front of the door, Zippy immediately started to help.

In a matter of minutes they had constructed a small barrier from which they could shoot safely from, giving them the opportunities to seek out the other grenade launchers. Zippy shot one, and Njall got another. These new guys are good Zeshaun thought, taking out another rebel. He ducked down just in time, before a bolt hit his head. But no one is good enough to survive this, Req needs to hurry it up.
Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

-_Requiem_-
ComNet Novice

-_Requiem_-

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  68
January 19, 2009 4:33:54 PM    View the profile of -_Requiem_- 
"I can get those back online for you, but probably nothing else."

Requiem ran off towards the main weapon's center with Alan, they  than rounded a few corners and stopped in front of a large metal door. Requiem than looked to the right of it as a small key pad glowed an ominous green. He than pressed the combination 1478 into the keypad and smiled as the door than slid open to reveal a large array of weapon's equipment Alan walked through an than surveyed the room. Requiem sat down in the corresponding control's and than activated the machine.

"We're almost done, just hold on a couple more minutes." Alan said. As he began to watch Requiem move.

Requiem's finger's glided along the key's in a fast haze as he began to activate the main computer control turret's. He than pressed a small combination into the key's as the machine made a load beep. A large counter appeared on the side of the screen with different marking's and counts as it than glided to the supposed 100% I think I just activated the weapon's.

" Oi ! I got the weapon's online " Requiem replied as loud as he dared into the comlink trying to be heard over the blaster-fire himself.

" Good. " Lucky said into the comlink with eagerness.

" Anytime time Req, i'm getting slightly paranoid " Zeshaun replied into the comlink.

Requiem than began to initiate the control's with a slight jump into his hand speed and than entered the original combination. A loud grumble was heard as the machine's began to warm up and began to lock on on the rebel's which harbored outside. now where's the manual control's ? He than ambled over the keypad and smiled as he pressed the correct key.

A large screen developed and showed a large amount of green blip's. He than activated the main barrel's and smiled as the cross hair's on each blip faded to tell their connection lost their life signal. Requiem couldn't hold back a slight yell of triumph as he continued to bury the rebel's that barricaded the shuttle.

Requiem than shuffled in his rebel armor and than ruffled his hair, he began to scratch his forehead as the attacking began to get tedious and boring. HE continued to fire down the rebel's and than winced as he heard a loud whistle fly towards his position. He than covered his head and than closed his eye's hear a loud explosion outside of his position. Damn! I forgot about the rocket launcher's

Requiem than moved the barrel manually which a small joystick flowing through the side of the machine terminal. HE than aimed toward the attacker and he slowly squinted his eye's trying to get a better look of the rebel. He than fired and smiled as he saw the rebel cover his head and duck. Requiem chuckled to himself as he fired again and a loud scream was heard.

" Requiem, good work ! Take out the rest of them so we can get out of here. " Lucky said as her blaster fire stopped firing constantly but was firing more precise shots.

Requiem smiled as he than lowered the main ramp to his squad. They than ran into the shuttle and left the remaining rebel's firing upon the hull of the ship. Requiem veered the weapons barrel and smiled as an unexpected rebel ran closer to the ship and his forehead connected to the barrel. Ouch, that had to hurt.

He than looked to his left as he heard a resounding sound of trampling along the durasteel metal of the ship. He flinched as he heard a large bang against the door farther down the row. He than walked up to it already finished the rest of the rebel's and than placed in the ship combination. He smiled as he than saw the rest of the his squad standing in front of him.

" Nice work trooper " Alan said. As he than patted Requiem's shoulder on the way past eager to get back to Lucky.

" Now Requiem and zeshaun get to the cockpit and try to find something useful so that we can get out of here." Lucky said as he than pointed down the lane.

Requiem and Zeshaun nodded as they than ran towards the cock pit. Requiem entered the password and than walked in after Zeshaun who sat at the main control's. He began to shuffle through the item's in front of him and smiled as he raised a small piece of white parchment which read:

We have moved the Lantillan Light Freighter to the 365, 57, 58 of your position as requested. It is in top form and fully functional with enough blaster power to protect itself alone. We have moved it to a secluded area bordered with a bridge and a large patch of foliage. It is already full and ready for takeoff good luck sir.
- Johnathon Cross
Rebel crewman

Requiem smiled as he than reread over the message in his hand, Zeshaun walked over and than looked upon the parchment himself as he than tried to stiffle a laugh. Requiem looked at him slowly and than continued to reread the message eager to get back to them.

" Got something ! " Requiem yelled down the hallway towards his squad.

They ran towards the door and began to bang theirs hands against its metal surface. Requiem opened it and showed them the small note which itself showed coordinates of a large and new Freighter which harbored just northwest of their position. Lucky nodded after she read and than began to walk towards the ramp.

" Okay let's get to the freighter. " Alan said, after Lucky inputted the coordinates into their datapad.

" Are you sure ? " Zeshaun asked with curiosity.

" You have the same reasoning as i do Zesh, it's probably a trap but something Tell's me this has some truth to it.

Requiem nodded and lowered the main ramp from the control's in the cock pit. He than walked through the doorway with Zeshaun in tow and than strolled down through the ship eager to get to their next destination.

OOC:

OKAY SO LET ME CLARIFY
1. REbel's are gone (destoryed by the squad)
2. Engine is destroyed so we cant use the shuttle
3. a useable Ship is north-west of our position (probably a trap)
4. Shuttle is completely Charred (should not be used)
Private -_Requiem_-
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 19, 2009 4:37:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 19, 2009 4:52:28 PM)]
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 19, 2009 4:55:30 PM)]
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 19, 2009 5:06:38 PM)]
[This message has been edited by -_Requiem_- (edited January 19, 2009 5:07:30 PM)]
Njall
ComNet Novice

Njall

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  60
Total Posts:  481
January 19, 2009 5:39:27 PM    View the profile of Njall 
With the rebel force neutralized, the Squad moved out toward the freighter, which could serve as their escape from the planet.  The area where the freighter was docked was fairly close to the squad’s current position and after hacking through a bit of jungle, they came to a clearing. 

“ There it is” yelled Zippy

The Paladins charged over to the shuttle and after doing a precautionary sweep, went on board. 

“Requiem, is the shuttle in working order?” Alan asked

“One second……Yeah, it’s fully operational” Replied Requiem

Requiem started up the shuttle and the rest of the squad settled in for the flight.  The shuttle had almost lifted off when the radio crackled to life.

“Bravo Leader, the Stormtroopers should be nearing your location now, get your men into the storage hatches.”

“What the..” Zippy wondered

“The rebels must have set this up as a trap”  Said Alan, “they probably are hiding in this shuttle right now, waiting for us to take off and lower our guard so that they can kill us.”

“We need to search the shuttle, and flush them out.” Lucky decided “we have the element of surprise right now.  The man on the radio mentioned storage hatches; so let’s look there.  Requiem, you stay here and keep booting up the shuttle.  I will go with Zippy and Zeshaun and search the hatches on one side of the shuttle.  Alan, you take Njall and Leon and search the hatches on the other side.  Move out!”

The squad moved out, tension beating upon them.  The groups split, and started the search.
Private Roberticus "Njall" Archaeon
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Phoenix Company
Dragon Battalion
Osiris Regiment
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Njall/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 19, 2009 5:40:53 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Njall (edited January 19, 2009 5:41:45 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Double Trouble (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:12:10 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 125  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >