Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Dead Men Tell No Lies (Wraith)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Dead Men Tell No Lies (Wraith)
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  756
Total Posts:  903
  RE: Dead Men Tell No Lies (Wraith)
July 3, 2008 10:43:12 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The creature rammed into the door again, but this time the large, stock metal plate didn’t budge. There was another impact, and the door  still didn’t move.

“Must’ve snagged on...something,” Joamer said, rifle trained on the door. “Wonder how long it’ll hold.” Luckily for the Wraiths, they didn’t have to find out. There was an odd clicking noise, followed by the screams of what could only be five or six of the insectoid creatures. It sounded like they were...talking. Metal screeched, and, for a second, Arnaut thought that the door had finally given in. It still stood, though. The creatures had broken something else.

“Well, no use sticking around here,” Arnaut said, eyeing the door. He turned away and into the hallway that the bounty hunter had fled into.

The stairs at the end of the narrow hall led up to a thick, closed door. Even as Arnaut watched, two shadows moved in front of the door, blocking out the narrow gap of light between it and the floor. Someone was either waiting for them to come up, or getting ready to come down. Since the other bounty hunter had only seen Joamer, Arnaut assumed the latter. That meant that there were only two ways this was going to go down. It would either turn into a shootout and a subsequent slaughter, confined as they were with absolutely no cover inside the hallway, or...

“Everybody, back! Back!” Arnaut hissed, pointing them in the direction of the room they'd just left. “Get into cover.” They did so unquestioningly, jumping back behind crates and shelves, so that no one could be seen from the hallway. Arnaut stopped Kanderin as they were moving back.

“Hit me,” Arnaut said, turning Kanderin to face him.

“Wai—what?” Kanderin asked.

“Hit me. Side of the face. Try not to break anything, but make it hurt,” Arnaut said.

“Arnaut are you sure you’re...okay?” Kanderin asked. Arnaut’s eyes were dead serious. “Okay,” Kanderin shrugged, right before throwing his fist as hard as he could into Arnaut’s jaw. Arnaut spun, nearly colliding with the wall.

“Augh...frig, I said don’t break anything!” Arnaut gasped, rubbing his face.

“You just said hit you! Hard as you I could! So I hit you and—” Arnaut cut him off.

“Fine, it's fine. Go, get with the others.” Kanderin gave Arnaut one last, sidelong glance, and then hurried back into the other room. Behind Arnaut, the door was opening. Arnaut put on his best shocked face, spit out some blood, and began cursing in a rapid, vulgar stream. Three bounty hunters trained their guns on him, but, after seeing he was no Joamer, ignored him and moved on. As the first passed, Arnaut lunged, grabbing him by the scruff of his jacket.

“Lil’...frigger...friggin’ jumped meh! Went...went down theh hall,” he said, spitting out a bit of blood onto the ground for emphasis. The man, obviously another bounty hunter, shook Arnaut off, but not before Arnaut had noted the two other people beyond the first four.

"Get out of my way! Of course we know where he went! There's nowhere else to go!" the bounty hunter roared impatiently.

“No, no, yeh...don’t understand,” Arnaut slurred, trying to give the impression of drunkenness. People always underestimated you when you seemed drunk. “It's not him yeh need to worry about.” With that final, grim note, Arnaut pulled the man up close and rammed his blade straight into his chest. The man gasped his last, and slumped out of Arnaut’s arms. By the time he'd hit the ground, Arnaut had already downed two of his friends with a controlled burst from his A-280.

The Wraiths took this as their cue and moved up the hallway, firing as they went, before moving into the VIP suite at the top. Arnaut came up behind them, but by the time he was in the room, the last of the bounty hunters was down. One of them, Arnaut noted, was the one that had supposedly set off the alarm. But that didn’t make sense. Obviously he hadn't left the room to alert anyone, and calling in a full, building-alarm for one person seemed a bit...ludicrous. So who, then, were the alarms for?

Arnaut walked over to the door of the VIP suite, pushing it open a fraction. Not who, but what. The lobby of the Guildhall was in a state of panic. Citizens fled in every direction as dozens of bounty hunters, in all sorts of armor, opened fire indiscriminately. The 'bounty board', and electronic sign that displayed the current, most prominent bounties, was on the ground consumed in flames. Arnaut scanned the crowd for what could've caused such stark chaos.

There! One of the creatures, presumably from the lab that the Wraiths had just vacated, was running through the hall, dismembering patrons as it went. Even as Arnaut watched, a second one joined the first, jumping out from a jagged, metal hole in the floor and onto a fleeing citizen. Through the hole, Arnaut could see straight into the tunnel that the trolley used. So that's where they'd gone to, Arnaut mused.

“Alright, Wraiths, we’re definitely in the Bounty Hunter Guildhall. That means Villman is here somewhere, probably in one of the larger chambers towards the top of the building. The only problem is...” Arnaut kicked open the door a bit, so everyone could see the Lobby. There were three of the creatures now, four of them. “We’ve got the raptor things and about two hundred greedy bounty hunters between us and him."

“Piss-poor odds for them, I’d say.” Everybody laughed, if not altogether enthusiastically. In the silence that followed, they stood, staring at each other, their mirth fading as the scope of what they were about to do sunk in.

“I’m,” Arnaut started again, slowly, “not saying this’ll be easy. It won’t. Heck, I’ll say it outright: we may not all leave this place alive. But understand that killing Villman supercedes everything else. His death, and the deaths of any aides, officials, or similarly high-ranking people in Albatross’ organization is top priority. I fully expect all of them to go down gunning. Do not hesitate to kill; there’s not much information we could get out of them. Other than that, well, good luck.” They stood, staring, for a second longer, before they burst from the room as one, guns ablaze. Death followed in their wake.

OOC:
Big fight to the top of the building. There are the raptor-like creatures as well as bounty hunters of all shapes, sizes, skillsets, colors, nationalities, races, etc. Some are huge, muscular, armored and deadly. Others will be amateur cowards. Anyway, this story's going to end at the end of next week at the latest, and 'as soon as possible' at the earliest. Don't hold anything back...this is it!

EDIT: THIRD PAGE! Ama-za-zing.
Platoon Sergeant Arnaut
SL/PSG Arnaut/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited July 3, 2008 10:43:46 PM)]
Koll
ComNet Novice

Koll

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  40
July 4, 2008 2:13:38 PM    View the profile of Koll 
Koll decided enough was enough. He had been shot at, chased after, and run down by these things too many times in one lifetime. And now, just add to the flavor, a whole mess of bounty hunters stood between them and their mark. The day just kept getting better. "So are we going to do this?" Koll asked, pulling a grenade from his belt and priming it. He shoved his way to the front of the group and kicked down the door. Tossing the grenade in, he drew his second pistol. The explosive landed right beneath one of the monsters. Koll strode into the room as it detonated and fired two shots, felling two hunters.

"Sir?" Kol began, looking back and cocking his head to one side, "might I suggest we just clear a path?" Koll looked forward again just as the creature he aimed for before rounded on him and charged. He had just enough time to drop to the floor as the beast lunged over him. He drew his knife and grazed the underside of the creature, doing nothing. Man, those things have tough hides. Koll got to his feet as beast maneouvered in the hall it had broken into. It tried to turn around on the Wraiths who had by now filtered into the main room. The entire squad had started firing, either on the beast, one of its friends, or a bounty hunter. The creature charged forward again, still aiming for Koll. These things really know how to hold a grudge.

Once more, Koll dropped, but the beast landed right on top of him. The Zabrak rolled to the side, got up, and crouch-ran out from under the beast. By now, the rest of the squad had given up on their marks and decided to help a friend. Finally, someone aimed for its eye, blowing it out. Quickly, the beast turned around. Arnaut now looked straight in the face of a one ton perversion of nature. Koll, however, had a nice view of its other end. Quickly, his hand reached for another grenade at his belt. I can't believe I'm going to do this, Koll thought, thrusting the primed weapon into the creature's posterior cavity. He rapidly retracted his hand and dove backwards. "Get down!" he yelled, ducking for cover. A shower of Koll-didn't-want-to-know-what sprayed over the entire squad. Cringing, Koll got to his feet. "Well, that was magical," he said sarcastically as wiped off his front of dust, completely ignoring whatever might be on his back. He turned his sights on the rest of the battle.

OOC:
That's one artfully taken down
Who needs to be affirmed by others when your actions already do that for you?

TRP/PFC Koll/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  514
Total Posts:  823
July 4, 2008 5:27:36 PM    View the profile of RK 
Finally, something other than hiding. RK had been waiting for this moment since they had gotten out of this cell. An all out brawl against the most deadliest creatures and Men in the galaxy. Easy as pie.

“Last I checked didn't you say we were supposed to stay away from Bounty hunters?” RK asked, keeping his rifle up firing at whatever moved.

“Now's not the time RK!” Koll said from up behind him.

They were pouring in fast, specially the creatures. It was looking worse and worse for them by the minute. What I wouldn't do for a suit of armor right now. They were wraiths though it shouldn't be that hard to beat them. Besides, they had already taken out most of them.

“I hate prey that fights back.” One of the bounty hunters cried out loud, charging straight for RK. It was hard to tell what he was, hidden under his armor, what RK could tell was he was twice the size of a normal human.

“Yea, pay backs bitch issn't it?” RK side stepped the hunter, grabbing onto his neck as he went past, then swung himself up onto his back from the momentum.

“Get off me!” The Hunter said, stopping dead and thrashing.

RK didn't even take time to wait for a retaliation, he pulled his E-11 out and aimed it at the back of the Hunter's head, holing on with his other hand. “Listen, I didn't want to do this.” He fired, scorching hot fire erupted from the end of the carbine. “DIE! You ugly piece of,....!” RK stopped as he felt his feet touch the ground again. Smoke started rising from the hunter's head. “the funny thing is I used ot be one of you guy's, I hope I wasn't that dumb...”

“If your done, we could use some help.” Koll said, blasting at whatever came his way.

RK turned and headed back into the battle. It seemed like there were more and more every time he looked. It was hard to tell anyway with the smoke rising and the smell of blood filling his nostrils, it was starting to become palpable.

“Okay, so we have to make it to the top of this building? What were we thinking?” RK said. He caught a glimpse of two creatures jumping through the smoke and towards anything that got in their way. Oh not today.

“Koll, 3 o'clock, creatures, and they don't look friendly.” RK said, pointing. Koll was already firing in that direction before he was even told to.

The other monster was already moving through the air towards Koll. “I don't know what you think you are.” RK pulled his e-11 up, not even aiming, just letting adrenaline take him over, letting the gun do what it was meant to do. 

A Screech could be heard and then a wet thwack, as the creature hit the ground. RK opened his eyes to see it twitching on top of Koll, who was trying to get it off.

“Oops” RK said.

Koll didn't even reply, he went back to fighting, instantly. RK followed suit. This was one of the most difficult battles ever, and RK could have swore that he felt Death creeping up on them.
TRP/CPL RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR]

"I'm the best at what I do, only what I do isn't very nice."- wolverine

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"No matter what happens... I swear I'm going to protect you!!" -Naruto
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  653
Total Posts:  814
July 5, 2008 11:05:23 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Jenny thought she saw Ella walking in the crowd of panicking citizens and wink at her as she followed the squad, lead by Koll’s explosive charge, quickly into the Bounty Hunter GuildHall lobby. It wasn’t her first time into such a big battlefield with their kind of odds, surrounded by fearing citizens, raging fires, screams, fire blasts and all that, weapons locked and loaded and all ready to cause all kinds of mayhem, but it certainly was the first time she saw Ella and couldn’t even reach her. How is she connected to all this? It doesn’t make sense that she works for Albatross and then get betrayed by him and tested for trust again, it’s too much of a concidence…. Jenny thought to herself, firing her DC-17 rifle at any bounty hunter charging toward them, wearing body armor but lacking head armor as it gave the creatures or Rees, as Jenny like to call them, chances to snap off their heads and kill them. The bounty hunters soon started charging toward the Wraiths and Jenny heard a struggling noise as she continued firing that made her shoot the eye of the Ree trapping Koll to the ground as she saw him slip down and shove something down its posterior.

“Get down!” Jenny heard him yell as she did so and got hit in the head hard by someone’s rifle butt, no doubt a bounty hunter’s. She was knocked down on knees, her eyes unable to focus while the one who did so tried to rape her by holding her lying down and revealing a knife at her neck in case she tries to resist but she refused to become a pervert’s pleasure so she elbowed the stomach of the person hard, who turned out to be a sending him lying down face-down, dropping the knife to comfort his stomach, took out her vibrobayonet with her left hand and finished him with a quick slice of the throat, ducking as a Ree came and picked the rest up to rip in half. She then picked up the knife that he dropped and threw it at the Ree who came at her for a perfect hit in the eye. The Ree still clawed at her blindly as she dodged it but still got some marks on her back. She then holstered her vibrobayonet for her Chi’sei blade and stabbed the Ree in the mouth just as it opened to snap upon her neck, getting the long red claw in her side as she struggled to get up with all that weight on her.
She heard the sound of firing continuing, but more less, as she heard Arnaut yell with deep concern: “Get this thing off her! Slowly! It might’ve pierced her! Nice job, Jenny, you just took out one less perverted killer and monster in the galaxy.”

“Perfect, what’s next, the lesbian and the Beast?” Her remark led to many laughs, the first of which was RK, buckling up a great laugh as Jenny took the knife out of the dead creature that had now been taken off her weight, got up to a position crouched against the cover they were taking and Arnaut examined her wounds carefully, saying filled with expection:

“Alright, let me just apply bandages and bacta on your side here, make sure it’s not infected and you’ll be fine, I hope, I’m not really a qualified medic.”

“And I don’t that’s our grenade, ahh!” Jenny gasped at his attempt to take the Ree’s claw that had stuck itself in her side, having taken the arm off with a slice of his knife as she quickly threw the grenade back, which exploded on landing, blowing three bounty hunters off their feet as she saw from the corner of her cover. Then while Arnaut pulled yet again, took out the pointy claw to heal her side wound, Jenny saw Ella yet again, in the same black battlesuit that she was dressed in, this time holding what appears to be a slug sniper rifle as she launched a slug at her while she peeked out and nearly hit her left eye as it grazed the skin beside it while she ducked back and just missed the ear, bouncing onto the wall behind her, just missing Helena. Jenny gestured her to train on where Ella is but no fire, turned back to peek at her, shouting angrily, resisting the pain of the bacta on her side, attempting to hear the evil laugh coming from her and seeing the proud look on her face:

“Why don’t you come out and show yourselves, you laughing hypocrite! Where is your boyfriend now, within that coward, Albatross, with the same personality and headset, man that must be quite the match if he wasn’t dressed so wealthy and gentlemen-like, unlike the man you love, Dakine, who dresses like a street punk.”

“Why you little swiny bitch, I’ll get you for that sometime later, but you should know that the street punk killed Melia’s brother and I killed the sister, hehe!” Ella mocked as she fired another slug upon Helena, who got hit in the right arm, and fired back, way off where Ella was and richoeting off walls everywhere that made the squad get down and landing upon the shoes of Kand, who Jenny heard groan at it as it pierced his left foot.

“Ella, stop! This is not going to solve the problem between us! I know you hate me for killing Senator Cornek, but it doesn’t have to take place here.” Jenny warned annoyily and with sympathy to the two hurt, who looked at each other’s wounds shyly and received Arnaut’s treatment once he was done with Jenny as she stood up, faced with Ella and who knows how many more bounty hunters and Rees caught in battle while Ella explained confidently:

“I’m talking about the affair of running after Vilman to get to Albatross that I do have to stop to earn his trust, the shipment must be delivered into the city soon, but I guess this is a better way. One of your Wraith friends must have come upon the files which I instructed to be given to him, but he seems to have forgotten to take the DNA out of the lab, oh poor me and my memory, here it is.” Jenny heard RK gulp as she saw Ella take the tube out and throw it to her surprisingly, Jenny catching it in her left hand as Ella added, for the first time kindly: “A gift for killing a trouble-some Senator and earning me a better leader, he seems fit to have hired me to kill you for his trust, but I seem fit to kill you with it in your procession. I wish you’ll see your parents someday, Jenny, Ka’ta now!”

Once she said those words, Jenny knew that something was about to happen while she put the DNA tube in her belt pocket and they did, as Arnaut finished bandaging up Helena and warned for Rees that came at Jenny, who quickly ran at Ella, who seemingly disappeared into a larger chamber, probably leading upstairs as the rest of the squad followed, with the Rees at their talking and the bounty hunters at front, retreating and firing, while Jenny dodged and holstered her Ch’sei blade for her DC-17 rifle.

This is going to be one hell of a trek, I hope you’ll like the feast down in hell, Ella, cause it’ll be quite tasty, filled with your own blood! Jenny thought, filled with imagination as she savored the blade that was dripping the Ree’s blood, which soon will probably drip Ella’ s blood. She got upstairs, and then stopped to fight the bounty hunters and the Rees with the squad all over again at a reception hall on the second floor, while she saw Ella disappear yet again.

OOC:
Ka'ta means bye-bye in Twileki.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 5, 2008 11:06:15 AM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  758
July 5, 2008 10:47:41 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
A creature exploded in mid-air, ripped apart by the vicious crossfire. A fine rain of gore spattered down on the Wraiths, turning their clothes a fine crimson color. Arnaut didn’t stand around to admire the fashion statement. He flung himself to the left, narrowly avoiding a quick death at the hands of another bounty hunter’s needle gun. He came up crouching behind a large potted plant, silver darts zipping around him. One landed on the floor near Arnaut. He held it up to the light admiring how thin it was. It began to sizzle, along with the tips of Arnaut’s glove, and Arnaut hastily dropped it to the ground. Acid-covered. Great.

“Wraiths, watch out for those needles. They’ll eat through armor,” Arnaut advised the squad over the comlink. Another round of the needles went slicing by and, this time, they found a mark. Another bounty hunter went down screaming as blood leaked out through the multiple holes the needles had opened up in his chest. Arnaut came out of cover, firing as he went. The first rounds went wide, forcing the hunter to get down into cover. He was too slow, though. Two rounds ripped through his thigh, and he went down. Arnaut looked over to see Joamer, gun raised, and firing on the fallen hunter.

“Bastard shot me through the arm,” he grunted, not looking at Arnaut. The hunter twitched a little and Joamer took it as an excuse to shoot him through the head a second time.

The hunter’s numbers were fast dwindling, replaced by more and more of the creatures. They flowed in a never ending tide from the first floor, and, beyond that, the tunnel and laboratory. Where they went, bounty hunters fell. Arnaut guessed they only had about three minutes before they would be forced out of the room. They could be out in one.

“Wraiths, regroup at the stairs! Fall back to the stairwell!” They back pedaled quickly, firing as they went. The creatures weren’t easy to kill, though, and one clip of the standard E-11 was only good for about three of them. The armor-piercing rounds of Arnaut’s A-280, and the high-power shots from Joamer’s DC-15 fared better, but there were still way too many creatures to deal with. The hunters still alive in the room were largely spared, at least by the squad. They were the only barrier the Wraiths had between them and the creatures, a barrier that was falling quickly. “Up the stairs! Up the stairs!” Arnaut commanded, pushing them up the marble steps that led out of the room.

At the top, the great Renwood doors rose a good ways above the heads of Wraith squad. The dark crimson wood was the finest to be found in the whole sector, a luxury wood straight from the forests Renus IV. The inlaid door handles, which appeared to have grown straight out of the wood, were inlaid twelve types of synthetic crystals grown on various planets around the galaxy, as well as gold and silver. Overall, the doors were worth more than the combined yearly salaries of all the residents in Arnaut’s hometown. Arnaut reached for the handle, and, upon finding it was locked, blew it open with his A-280. Splinters of wood fluttered through the air like confetti.

“Let’s move!” Arnaut yelled, pushing his way through the ornate doors. His next orders died in his throat, though, as he finally became aware of the room they were in. Water cascaded on all sides of the room, casting a blue-hue over the darkened interior. The entire room, save for the narrow walkway leading from the doors to the other end of the room, was covered in knee-high, warm waters.  Ever available vertical space housed a waterfall, including the sides of the walkway and the rough sides of an artificial stone outcropping to their left. All around the shallow sea were stone structures, gently murmuring as crystal clear water trickled down their faces and onto the floor.

It was the most soothing, inviting room Arnaut had ever stumbled into, and considering the chaos ensuing directly behind them, it took all of Arnaut’s willpower to keep from wading into the water and fall asleep.

“So, ah...I guess they’re pretty rich, eh?” D-Crowe asked, shifting his feet. Arnaut was about to respond when a sniper round cracked open the metal path in front of him.

“Hunters!” Arnaut yelled, jumping off the path and into the water. The upper levels of the room, where the balustraded balconies of the richest inhabitants of the Guildhall overlooked the room, were swarming with hunters. Even before Arnaut had made it to the cover of the nearest island-rock, the doors at the far end of the room opened and more hunters came pouring out.

Arnaut twisted around, firing from the hip. He caught one hunter as he came through the door, blasting open the man’s helmet, head included, but the rest of the hunters were already taking cover, matching the Wraiths move for move. The peaceful sea-in-a-room quickly degenerated into a bloody stalemate conflict. The Wraiths were pinned, spread out among at least six of the islands, as far as Arnaut could tell. Next to him, Koll was firing sporadic bursts of fire into the enemy ranks, to little avail. At least it kept their heads down.

More and more shots smacked into the other side of the rock, tearing chunks out of it, and forcing Arnaut to focus on his own predicament. He was going to have to find new cover soon.

“Koll, cover me,” Arnaut said. Koll looked down at Arnaut, saw the rock he was pointing at, and nodded. “Now!” Koll popped up and Arnaut ran. The first shots were all directed at D, who, after badly bloodying an enemy hunter, dropped immediately down again. Arnaut raced forward to his intended cover, a large rock formation very near to the right wall. Shots began to impact the water around him, just a few at first, but more and more each second. Arnaut’s foot came down through the water and missed the bottom, sending him splashing to the ground, and not a moment too soon; a sniper round went whistling overhead, blasting a nice hole in the floor a few feet from Arnaut. He got to his knees and scrambled through the water the last bit, finally coming up behind the rock huffing and puffing.

“Thanks!” he breathed into the comlink once he was able to talk again. Koll nodded in his direction. A sniper round cracking off the stone ended his feelings of relief, though, and Arnaut sat upright.

“Kanderin, D-Crowe, Joamer, somebody take down that sniper!” Arnaut yelled, chopping his hand in the hunter’s direction. Laser fire ripped up into the balconies and a single figure dropped down and out of sight.

“We got him,” Joamer said triumphantly. “But we’re still pinned.” Arnaut poked his head out from cover, just long enough to survey the field.

“Koll, you think you can make it over here?” Arnaut asked, sitting back down behind the rock. Koll nodded. “Alright, on my mark, sprint over here and be ready to move again. D-Crowe, Kanderin, Joamer...hit them in the center, force them to pull themselves together. Jenny, where are you?”

“Umm...left side, sir,” Jenny said. Arnaut looked up again, but couldn’t spot her. “I have D’har with me, and Ron’s about ten feet to my left.”

“Alright, good. When Kanderin starts his push, I want you three to go around the left flank of the hunters. Cut them down as they move back. Koll and I’ll move around the right. Hopefully, supposing nothing goes wrong, we can catch ‘em in a crossfire. Even if we can’t push them back that far, it’ll get us toward a better position at the flanks. Remember, on my mark.”

Everyone tensed. “Execute!” Koll came sprinting over to Arnaut at the same time as Kanderin, Joamer, and D-Crowe jumped over their rock-islands and began charging toward the enemy.  Koll landed next to Arnaut and immediately got back up, already ready to move.

“Let’s go,” Arnaut said. They hopped up and began splashing through the water toward the hunters’ line, firing as they went.

Somewhere in the room, someone began shouting at the top of their lungs. It was hard to discern at first, but slowly others picked it up in the room. “For the Wraiths! For the Empire!”

It seemed strange that they should be charging for the same authority that was hunting them, but it also seemed fitting. With a mind of their own, his lips took up the cry as well.

“For the Wraiths! For the Empire!” They smashed through the hunters before they’d even had a chance to figure out what was happening. Not used to working as an organized force, they splintered, falling back through the doors that they poured through just under four minutes ago. The Wraiths chased them all the way to the doors, the plan having worked a lot better than intended.

Behind them, the creatures were just now entering the room, supposedly having finished off the last resistance on the second floor. Arnaut glanced back at them and grinned.

“Race them to the top?” he asked cockily, still grinning.

“All the way to the top?” Helena asked, looking up at the ceiling as if she could see through all the floors they had yet to pass through.

“All the way,” Arnaut said.

“Let’s do it.” The Wraiths pushed the doors open wide, guns spitting death, and charged into the room beyond. Their cries rang through the halls, spreading panic wherever it touched.

“For the Wraiths! For the Empire!”
Platoon Sergeant Arnaut
SL/PSG Arnaut/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Helena
ComNet Novice

Helena

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  508
July 9, 2008 11:14:08 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena, not being the fittest person of the group was failing to keep up with her heavy armour on.

“Kand, tell the other’s I’ll meet them in the next room!” she cried out.

Kanderin looked slightly shocked but nodded in agreement. He ran as fast as he could to catch up with the others. The sound of roaring footsteps, the creature’s shrekish screams, and the fizzing sound of the squad’s crossfire with the bounty hunters filled the building.

”I knew I shouldn’t have worn this heavy belt, bloody thing is slowing me down.”

Helena quickly threw her belt in a nearby potted rubber plant, before making tracks to catch up with the others.

“Ah Helena, nice to meet you by the way” RK shouted out from in front of her.

“Likewise I’m sure, but now’s not the time to be saying hello”

The squad quickly sprinted into the nearby stairwell where they were greeted by a pack of four bounty hunters. Each squad member seized fire position and began shooting at the hunters. Each hunter fell down like a packet of dominoes. Helena noticed one slip round the back of the stairs. She swiftly grabbed onto the banister and swung herself round the curvature of the stairs. As she did so, she high kicked the hunter to the ground, making sure he was at least paralyzed until they all moved on.

“Come on! Up here” Arnaut shouted to be heard over the other’s mumbling.

Creatures like the ones Kand and Helena had previously met, met them at the top. They were big muscular things, thick skinned which would seem to be a big problem when actually killing them and these weren’t scared of actually coming close.

Helena quickly grabbed her blaster rifle from its holster and stepped back. She quickly looked round at the others who seemed to be fighting off some more of the bounty hunters. 

She laughed slightly before running her hand through her hair and pulling the trigger. The creature didn’t seem phased by the shot between the eyes as it began running straight for Helena. She quickly ran back, darting to and from corridors. She thought she had lost it before it reaching her and grabbing her by the leg. She again, began shooting at it. A few seconds later it fell to the ground, behind it was the whole of the Wraith Squad laughing and joking around at Helena’s expense.

“I thought I told you all to stop messing about, come on, we have a few more floors to get through” Arnaut laughed

Helena huffed and brushed herself off before following the others through the building to the next flight of stairs.
   -=Wraith PRIDE=-    

TRP/PFC Helena/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  900
Total Posts:  1849
July 9, 2008 12:06:22 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin still couldn't understand why the squad were so calm, they were being forced into a bottle-neck. Those creatures were making serious ground on them, and each room they seemed to pass just spewed out more bounty hunters. Wraith were a special operations squad, they were used to being outnumbered and coming out on top. This, however, was not being outnumbered. This was plain suicide.

Kanderin joined RK and Joamer, gunning down yet another creature, before their attention was turned to yet another door blasting open, and yet another gathering of bounty hunters. They weren't that smart, wave after wave of them were being cut down yet they still seemed keen to remain frozen in the headlights.

A hand clamped over his mouth, and Kanderin realised he'd spoken too soon. He was dragged a few more feet before he was thrown into a room.

What little he could see in the dimly lit area was immediately blacked out by a boot to the face, causing him to crash against the furthest wall.

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing here?" One man in the room shouted, following up by another boot into Kanderin's stomach.

"Isn't it obvious already?" Kanderin smiled "Revenge"

The man lashed out again, this time landing a fist into Kanderin's jaw, knocking him to the ground again. He spat out blood, then pushed himself back up to a sat up position. It allowed him to see where he was, there was five men immediately around him, all dressed in typical hunter armour, the kind of stuff you'd find at a blackmarket stall. Four of them wore helmets, apart from the man who had obviously been brutalizing him. All were armed. The room had a single light fitting in the centre, which barely managed to illuminate its own brackets, let alone the furthest walls.

"Alright" Kanderin looked up at the lead man again "First of all, what do you want from me? Secondly, for a big man, you hit like a girl. If you plan on punching me again, I recommend you stop being suck a fucking wimp about it and actually hit me"

"We dont want anything from you kid, we simply need one of you alive for info purposes" The man snarled. Kanderin noticed he didn't last out this time though. He was glad, cause it hurt like hell.

"You seriously think you can kill those guys out there? Trust me, you'll be lucky to give one of them a scratch, let alone a blaster bolt" Kanderin smirked again, wiping away blood from his mouth.

"Well, we'll see about.."

The mans throat erupted and his sentence was never ended, he simply fell to his knees where he stood. The four other men spun around firing from the hip towards the doorway. Kanderin took his chance, kickin his leg out at the man furthest to his left, causing him to stumble and go down to one knee. In the same second, Kanderin yanked a blade from the fallen man's body, ripping it across his prey's throat. He gurgled slightly before falling atop his comrade. Kand cut the mans gun loose from the strap locking it around his body, and turned it on the other three. One man fell isntinctly having been nearly decapitated, while another one got hit in the shoulder, his fast reactions saving him. The two left dived behind a table in the corner, which Kand had failed to notice earlier.

He suddenly realised he was easy prey, and rolled across the ground, barey saving himself from the bolts that broke the floor beneath him. He needed to nail the roll so he escaped right out of the doorway, but at some point something went wrong , and he crashed into the wall just beside it. He hit his head, which dazed him slightly. Looking up at the smiling Bounty Hunters, he willed his legs to move, but they wouldn't. All that was left was to wait for the inevitable end. He shut his eyes, so he couldn't see it coming.

Shots were heard, but he never felt any pain. He assumed they'd took mercy and killed him instantly. That was, until he opened his eyes. His body was still intact, no sign of damage. On the contrary, his legs could move again.

"You going to sit there all day, or you going to help us?" Helena smiled down at him

"Y..Yeah, sorry" Kanderin stuttered, taking Helena's hand and pulling himself to his feet. She nearly threw him right over, the amount of adrenaline pulsing through her body had obviously cut off the communication between her brain and her muscles. The effort she put into the pull would of pulled a man twice Kanderin's weight to his feet.

"Here's your gun back" Helena shoved the rifle back into Kanderin's hands, before running back out to the main stairway where he last departed the squad. She waved a hand over her shoulder for Kand to follow.

"Helena!"

She froze and spun around, still smiling.

"Thanks...For saving me I mean. That's the closest I've been to...."

"Just shut up and follow me" Helena smiled.
Sergeant Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SGT Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS]
Stamp Card
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  904
Total Posts:  1849
July 10, 2008 12:28:25 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
OOC:
P-O-S-T! What does that spell!? Then do it!

Yet another hallway, and yet another trio of dead hunters. The upper floors of the building did away with the towering circular staircase, to get any further you had to go all the way along the floor, up the stairs at the end, then all the way along again, like a tedious game of snakes and ladders.

Their place kept being forced to grind to a standstill, as the ornate hallways plastered with expensive candleholders and trophies exploded into a battlefield. If you were lucky, you would get hit by a piece of beheaded candle flying through the air, and if you were unlucky a blaster bolt. However, so far it had been Wraith's lucky day.

"I think we're getting somewhere!" Kand heard RK shout from somewhere behind him "This bedrooms nicer than the last one!"

Looking around, he had a point. Most of the siderooms on the last two or three floors had been bedrooms, broken up by the occasional bathroom. They had been little more than a bed and two or three trophies, if they were lucky some expensive looking wallpaper. This one however looked like something out of a castle. A king size bed took the center piece, which used to be covered in very nice sheets, until two wraiths had decided to use it as cover, now it looked more like tattered newspaper. The walls had white wallpaper, punctuated by the occasional light brown banister, which seemed to be used for little more than showing off.

Kanderin shuffled over from besides the bedside table, to behind the wardrobe where Arnaut had hid.

"How close do you think we are?" He asked, in between blasts of covering fire.

"We cant be that far" Arnaut replied, gunning down a hunter that had gotten too big for his boots and rolled into the room. "A few more floors, max"

OOC:
Cut short so others can post, dont let me down now
Sergeant Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SGT Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS]
Stamp Card
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Helena
ComNet Novice

Helena

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  508
July 10, 2008 1:12:25 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena rolled out from under the bed. She heard some talking coming from the next room, so she decided to take a look.

She looked around the room as if she had some sort of radar. The room was fancy, again containing a four poster bed, fit for a goddess; the sheets seemed to be a gold colour, just like the sunrise, and the pillows looked softer to the touch than a white puffy cloud.

Helena turned her head to what seemed like a talking curtain. She laughed lightly before coughing. Instantly indicating a sign that she knew there were people behind there. She automatically thought it was some of the Squad.

“I know you’re there guys. Jokes over, come on, just a few m…”

Three bounty hunters appeared from the velvet curtain laughing. They seemed like they were drunk and merry, but Helena wasn’t taking any chances. She fired a shot at ones foot before ducking as one had fired at her abdominal area.

“Uh guys! I think I’m going to need some help in here!” Helena cried out.

With that, a bounty hunter had held her from behind, holding her arms behind her restricting her movement. She let out a deafening scream, as she did so, the squad came bounding in. Blood splattered on Helena as Kand set her free from the arms of the bounty hunter, bodies flung left and right dodging each others shots, and the final sound of bodies hitting the floor lifeless.

“Thank you guys”

“I thought I told you lot to stay close” Arnaut ordered.

“I was close… It was only the next room, and anyway, it was only a matter of time until they sprung an attack on us, Sir”

Arnaut nodded briefly before heading out of the door. Helena followed the rest out and up to the next floor. The running was really getting to Helena, she hadn’t been a trooper for long and all the running was taking the energy out her. She wasn’t used to carrying the heavy equipment.

“Thank you, Kand. You really saved me back there” Helena panted.

“Come on! Nearly there now!” Arnaut interrupted.

“Yes sir!”
   -=Wraith PRIDE=-    

TRP/PFC Helena/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/
[This message has been edited by Helena (edited July 11, 2008 5:03:46 AM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  762
July 11, 2008 7:51:29 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
The man stumbled, his feet losing their grip on the floor and sending him spiraling to the ground. His bottle went flying away from him, spilling liquor as it went, and eliciting an agonized cry from the man as he cried about his ‘hooch’. Arnaut placed his boot on the man’s spine, right below the skull, and forced him to the ground.

“Where’s Villman?” Arnaut asked, leaning in close to whisper in the man’s ear. The man was obviously a hunter, obviously scared, and quite obviously drunk. He slurred incoherently about his ruined drink.

“Where’s Villman!?” Arnaut roared, applying pressure and sticking the business end of his A-280 into the man’s cheek.

“I—I don’t know! Upstairs, I think! Big meeting hall! Two floors up? I think?” the man stuttered. “I-I-I want mah drink!” Arnaut sighed, walked over to the half-empty bottle, and tossed it to the man. He hugged it close to him for a second, and then downed the rest of the bottle in one gulp, leaning contentedly – and drunkenly – against the wall once he was finished.

Arnaut looked back at the squad, who were still busily securing the great doors in the hallway. They had stripped the two nearest bedrooms of small furniture, propping them up against the great wooden doors, and were now furiously scavenging through the remaining rooms for anything else that could block the doors. Joamer and RK came out of a room, slowly, dragging one of the great beds with them. As it passed through the door, Arnaut saw that Kanderin and Helena were pushing from the other side. The workers must’ve had fun moving that in when the Guildhall was first built.

Jenny ran past him, lugging an end-table, and propped it against the doors. There was an impact on the other side and the great wooden slabs shook. Joamer and RK immediately ran to push some of the things that had fallen back into place. It wasn’t much, but the barricade would be able to hold the creatures and hunters out for a few minutes. Maybe over ten.

Another impact shook the doors. Arnaut decided they’d paused long enough.

“Let’s move! Another two stories or so and we’re there!” The bed was dragged into its final resting spot and the Wraiths once again resumed their charge up the stairs.

They were tired, all of them. They’d been fighting and running for the better part of an hour. Their legs burned, their arms ached, and their hands were shaking, a factor that played hell with their aim. Still, faced with the unrelenting tides they’d just come through, aim hadn’t been much of a problem. Arnaut hoped to let the squad rest a bit before they confronted Villman. Anything to even the odds. As he turned the corner from the short stairwell, however, he saw that that wasn’t going to be possible.

“Curse that drunk!” Arnaut muttered. The Hall wasn’t two floors up. It was two floors tall, and not fifty feet from where they’d left the man and his bottle in the hallway.

The hall was immense, larger than even the water room. Vast beams climbed the walls and met overhead, giving the whole place an eerie, gothic feel. The marble floor shone brightly in the light, reflecting the golden ceiling that was at least two hundred feet overhead, if not more. There was a walkway up a ways, wrapping around the wall supporting hundreds of tables identical to the thousands more that filled the man space of the hall. At the very end, there was a rectangular platform, swathed in golden light from lamps hung from the ceiling. Villman was there.

His form fitting armor added at least a foot to his height, and quite a bit of girth. It was black, blacker than any armor Arnaut had seen before, and was composed entirely of overlaying plates that seemed to have grown around his body. He wore no helmet, his shaven, pale scalp seeming out of place sitting above his pitch black armor. It must’ve been light absorbing armor, Arnaut decided. He’d heard of the stuff, but never actually...seen it. Villman was grinning.

“You made it!” he said, arms spread wide. “I was almost beginning to doubt that you were coming! But no...no, the wraiths always make it out.” His tone darkened, and the smile dropped from his face. His voice became more intense with each word. “They always make it out. Even when you bomb their planet! Even when you set their planet on fire! No, they always make it out! They just don’t know when to die!” He lowered his arms and drew the two long blades from his back. Arnaut hadn’t even noticed them before.

“I’m going to help you learn.” He grinned sadistically, and took a step down.

“It doesn’t have to be like this!” Arnaut yelled. “You were an Imperial once! You can come back! Just help us find Albatross!”

“Ha! The Empire is dead! The Empire has been dead! Without the Emperor to sustain it, just look at it! A bunch of squabbling children! No, no I would not come back to your Empire, not in this lifetime, not in the next!” He paused, gesturing around the room. “We are the future, don’t you see? After the Vast Empire, and Thrawn , and the Republic, and all the others destroy each other, it’ll be us, the smart ones who are left. Can’t you see that? Are you so blinded by the preaching of the institution that was so willing to mark you for death?”

“That was because of you, and your contacts inside the Empire. You know that!” Arnaut responded, walking slowly across the room. Villman sniffed the air.

“It doesn’t matter. No one will know, after tonight. No one will care! You all will. Be. dead!”  He tapped his bracer, and smiled wickedly. Hunters appeared at the walkway at the top of the room, thirty in all, all armored and armed to the teeth, their weapons trained on the squad.

“Check your ammo, blades, weapons. Everything. Stick together, watch each other’s backs, and don’t die. Other than that...it’s been good serving with you all.”

“Hey, I’m not dead yet, Sarge,” Joamer replied optimistically.

“Despite our best attempts,” Arnaut muttered, and everyone forced a small laugh. If this was how it was going to end, Arnaut wanted to end it with a smile.

“Let’s finish this!” Villman roared, slipping on his blacker-than-black helmet. He charged down the stage, blades drawn, screaming for blood. The firing began.

The first few minutes were just a blur to Arnaut. Shapes, colors, explosions. So many explosions. And the noise! It was deafening. Even the Lobby fight had not been so loud, it seemed. He remembered vaguely firing his weapon, even more vaguely being fired upon. When he finally regained his senses, he was hunkered down behind two upended tables halfway down the hall. He looked down at his rifle, and noticed the clip was empty. Quickly he ejected it and slammed a fresh one in. He could hear Villman roaring, his helmet’s comm system amplifying the sound and distorting the sound. It sounded more animal than man.

Arnaut looked up towards the higher levels. The hunters were firing down amongst the tables, moving their fire and raking the floor with it, but Arnaut couldn’t see their targets. For all Arnaut knew, they could all be dead. He had to assume so, which meant that he was quite alone. Which meant that, above all, killing Villman took priority.

So far, no of the hunters had seen him. The beauty of solid slug rounds were that they were practically invisible. If he fired, no one would know where it had come from. He did so, sending one of the hunters tumbling to the floor, his face plate shattered.

He took another shot. Another hunter collapsed, leaking fluids. He took another shot. And then another. They didn’t even know what hit them. He chuckled to himself as another hunter flopped to the ground, clutching his throat. He thrashed until another burst took him out as well. Arnaut was getting pretty good at this. He could do this. He could stay here and—

He was lying on his back. What the...? His ears were ringing and there was taste of blood in his mouth. He spat a bit of it out, but twice as much gurgled up to fill its space. He rolled over, wincing at a dozen pinpricks of pain in his back flared. Splinters. He spat out some more blood, and then some more. He felt weak, so, so weak. And...dizzy. He stood, barely, and tried to shake out the ringing in his ears. That’s when he saw Villman.

The man was charging, shoulder already braced for another impact. The memories flooded back. Arnaut remembered the hit, remembered being tossed across the room. He dove to the side just a second before Villman collided with him. His foot caught Villman’s shinguard as Arnaut leapt, quite painfully. He turned his dive into a roll, which ended with him crouching, but his foot gave out and Arnaut slid awkwardly to the ground, gasping in pain. His foot was probably broken, from the pain going through it and, worse yet, the pain in his side from the ribs that hadn’t completely healed started to flare up.

Villman was already rounding for another charge. Arnaut swung his gun up, surprised he was still even holding it, and blasted Villman off his feet. The rounds could punch their way through six inches of durasteel, but they scarcely made a dent on Villman’s armor. Slowly, but determinedly, he pulled  himself off the ground. Arnaut was already running, as fast as he could with a broken foot and cracked ribs. There was a staircase twenty feet away. If he could just reach it...

One of Villman’s blades went sailing past his shoulder, ending up embedded in the metal of the staircase. Arnaut was suddenly aware of how unarmored and outclassed he was. He hurried his pace, not looking back.  Villman started running again, Arnaut could hear him. Big, booming impacts as each boot came down on the marble floors. Arnaut raced up the stairs, ignoring the pain flaring through his right side. By the time he’d landed on the walkway – collapsed, more like it – Villman had reached the stairs. He roared, and ripped the stairwell clean off. Arnaut’s legs dangled below, flailing wildly in the air. There was a railing support a few feet from his head. If he could just reach it. He stretched out his arm, his fingers working. He felt it, felt the cold, smooth metall surface on the tip of his fingers, felt his hand slowly curling around the pole.

A strong, gauntleted hand pulled him down, through the hole that the stairwell had occupied and onto his back. He grunted, feeling another rib go. The pain was almost unbearable. He felt himself blacking out, the darkness creeping into the edges of his vision. Villman loomed over him, his armor still as dark as ever, both of his blades in his hands. Arnaut could practically see him grinning under his helmet.

“And now...you die,” Villman said, raising his blade for the finishing blow. Arnaut closed his eyes. It was all over, now. All over.

Blaster cannon fire ripped through the room. The impacts knocked Villman off his feet, leaving a smoking hole in his chest plate. He lay there, unmoving, right in front of Arnaut. Arnaut turned around to find a very friendly face. Or at least as friendly a face as the man could make.

“Kroh! Holy frig, how did you end up here?” The ex-gang member towered over Arnaut, hefting a Mark II repeating blaster like a normal man would a regular rifle. It was the perfect size for his height, considering he was as tall unarmored as Villman was armored.

“Thought you could use a bit of help,” Kroh said, smiling weakly. He wasn’t one to smile much. Behind him, the windows began to shatter, one by one, and people swung in. They weren’t very well arrmored, nor particularly well-armed, but they were determined, and they’d caught the hunters off guard. They tried to turn and face the new threat, but were cut down before they could squeeze off any shots.

“Wha—bu—how?” Arnaut spluttered, taken aback by the number of people.

“Contact a few local gangs, mostly the ones with grudges against the Guild. In exchange for their help, they can have anything they want from the bodies and the building. ” As Arnaut looked around, he saw many of the men already doing that, stripping the corpses of armor, money, and weapons before tossing them into an undignified heap on the lower level.

“And the creatures?”

“Dead. All of them. Wiped them out as we came through. They’d started feeding on the bodies, barely put up a fight. Not too smart once you put a plate of food in front of them.”

“Look, Kroh, I can’t thank you enough. I mean, if you hadn’t come—” There was a grating sound, the sound of armor scratching tile, as Villman surged to his feet. He gave a strangled, distorted bellow of rage, and batted Kroh aside before he could react. He roared again, but cut off abruptly. With a choke, he dropped his twin blades and scrabbled at his throat where a very tiny point of metal had just appeared. The point expanded and resolved into a knife. One of Jenny’s knives. Uttering one last, almost pitiful whimper, Villman collapsed to the ground and did not stir again. Jenny stood over him, breathing heavily, and holding a blood-stained blade in her hand. She spat on the corpse and wiped her blade clean.

“Reminded me of someone I knew. Little frigger,” she muttered, and turned away. Arnaut slid to the ground, back against one of the pillars, and began to laugh hysterically, tears streaming down his face. Villman was dead.

The squad gathered around. Everyone was bloodied. RK was limping quite a bit, no doubt from the blaster wound in his thigh. Other sported more broken bones than they cared to know about, and thousands more cuts and bruises. But everyone was alive.

When Arnaut had regained control of himself, and felt able to stand again, albeit with the help of Kand, he adressed the squad.

“We...we did it. And now all that remains is Albatross,” Arnaut said.

“And Talos,” Kroh said.

“Talos?” everyone asked at roughly the same time.

“He was that man you were tracking on Corellia. He left in a big hurry after he ran you off the planet. He wasn’t so...discreet about it either. I talked to a few people, pulled some contacts and...well, I’m tracking his ship. I think he may be headed toward Albatross.”

“Well, now we know where we need to go,” Kanderin said. “Orders, sarge?”

“Let’s move out. Get what armor and weapons you can off the bodies and be ready to move in fifteen minutes. I want to be in Hyperspace by the time morning breaks. Let’s move!”

The Wraiths broke, making their way toward the corpses of the hunters. Arnaut lagged a bit, and looked out through the shattered window. The jagged edges of glass resembled teeth, in a way. They looked like they were eating the stars beyond, swallowing them up. Albatross was out there somewhere. He could run, but sooner or later the jaws were going to close around him. He could run, but he couldn’t hide.

To Be Continued...

OOC:
Story over. Finally. I'm leaving in a bit. Kand'll probably put up a nice little sim story, and then there's the comp, and THEN we shall finish this. Yup. It'll end. Eventually.
First Sergeant Arnaut
SL/1SG Arnaut/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Dead Men Tell No Lies (Wraith)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:49:51 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 91  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >