Post Number:  302
Total Posts:  1563
  RE: Viper Squadron: Aftermath
March 31, 2008 12:02:01 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Hangar 5Alpha
Viper Squadron Training Exercise
15:00:00 Local Time

"How are the birds?"

Ibram looked at the two rows of fighters lined up along the hanger bay.

After running into Mira at breakfast, he had gone ahead to make preparations for the training exercise. Now it was nearing 15 hundred hours, and Ibram was talking with the Deck Chief as he waited for the rest of the squadron to turn up.

"They're holding up just fine sir. We've been working on them ever since you came and saw us this morning." The Deck chief was wryly old man by the name of Kale.

"You might want to watch out for Viper Three," Ibram chuckled. "She has a habit of treating her birds a little rough, not to mention some illegal modifications.."

"Don't worry sir, Petty Officer O'Riley has her own profile sheet over in the office - we'll be prepared for her." The old man grinned.

"Prepared for who?"

Ibram turned to see the CO walking up from the entrance. The two men exchanged slautes.

"Petty Officer O'Riley sir, we're we just commenting on how she handles her stick a little rough."

The skipper gave a mild wince, "Tell me about it..."

"How is the groin sir?"

"It'll live. The Doc assures me I'll still be able to have kids. Hows Jaron?"

"She was fine when i checked up on her yesterday. Hopefully she'll be in a good enough shape to fly today."

"Good Good, well it's nearly time to get ready. I'll speak to the guys when they've all gathered, and then XO, you can take us through our paces." He smiled.

Ibram felt a flush of pride, "Sir yes sir!"

The Chief went off to talk to the hanger crew, whilst Ibram and the CO sat on some crates and waited for the rest of the squadron...
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Senior Chief Petty Officer Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron, "Captain's Own"
Squadron Executive Officer
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
XO/CPO Ibram Tyrol/Viper 9/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
Arkan-Thran
ComNet n00b

Arkan-Thran

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  53
April 2, 2008 1:04:23 PM    View the profile of Arkan-Thran 
Arkan made his way toward the hanger of the TIE Fighters for his first exercise with his new squadron.Along the way he heard snoring from many of the quarters containing the squadron. The nights action taking its toll on the many who had to work late.His back still felt achey after hefting Tomas back to his room and the signs of a hernia began to afflict him he would get that checked later.When he entered the hanger no one was there apart from Ibram and the XO Tomas.He nodded at Ibram and saluted Tomas."Hows the manlihood"."Fine i'll still be able to have children" he replied."Hows your back you looked wrecked after carrying me to my quarters"."I'm fine no rest for the wicked"he joked.He sat down with Ibram and Tomas and waited for the rest of the squadron
Arkan Thran

Innocence Proves Nothing

Scientia est Vox
Knowledge is Power
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  26
Total Posts:  128
April 3, 2008 7:34:30 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
-Before the training session-

It was a little while since the debriefing, and Lukas was inside his quarters as he was kneeling besides his bunk, praying to the memories of his deceased parents. They had given him strength that he needed to get through the previous mission, and his friends to come back safely as well. A grateful mood was bestowed upon him as he kissed his palms and rose to his feet, the mood now swtiching to that of impending hunger.

Lukas left his quarters and headed to the catina, where the rest of the Vipers were going for some chow. He entered in and found himself a seat across from Zane and Akron, nodding to both men as he sat down.

"Hey, Zane. How are things?"

"Good, Lukas. You did well in the mission, and I was telling Akron here about what we did in full detail."

Before Lukas could put his input in the conversation, his eyes turn to see an impending fight between Mira, Jaron, and a Trandoshan that saw all three get rough on each other. He was thinking about getting in there and helping out, but that would only make things worse. Just then, bowels of laughter erupted from him and his two companions as they witnessed Tomas getting drilled in his jewels by Mira's boot. He couldn't help but to laugh at what happened, nearly falling out of his chair in the process. However, that hilarity died out when Ibram stepped in and ordered them to clean up the mess. Lukas didn't argue one bit as he stood up and headed towards the war zone, picking up broken plates and pieces of glass as the situation calmed itself to a halt.

-The training session-

With his flight suit upon him, Lukas entered the hanger bay and watched Ibram, Mira, and the Deck Chief check on things. He coughed a bit as the images of what happened back at the catina popped into his head again. He knew that it was funny, but it was time to be serious now. With these training exercises, Lukas knew that he can only get better from here.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Lukas LeNighter
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

[FM][PO2 Fulfiller][Viper Squadron][Viper 6][mSSD Atrus][VEN][VE][=A=]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  553
April 4, 2008 8:26:44 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas awoke with a start as Mira began gasping and chastising. He had no idea how he'd ended up on top of her, but he quickly supported himself with his hands on the bed and lifted himself up until their two chests were barely in contact.

"You mean like this?" Tomas teased, bending his elbows such that they poked Mira in the sides.

"Hey quit it!" Mira giggled, as each time he bent his elbows Tomas would sink back down onto her, their faces within inches of eachother. Before anything could happen, Tomas would push up again and smirk. After several such occurrences, Mira's bottom lip began to quiver and her entire face looked as if she would begin to cry soon. This caused Tomas to give a weird look back as he tried to figure out if it were real.

All of a sudden, Mira swept one of his arms out from under him and caused him to collapse and roll ... right off the bed, landing back first on the carpeted floor. Tomas was suddenly very glad he had decided on getting that addition to his quarters. Mira's head peeked over the edge of the bed at the downed squadron commander.

"Tease!"

"Faker!" and with that Tomas reached out and gently took hold of Mira's head pulling towards him slightly, though came up to meet it himself with a long, passionate kiss.

"Tom Tom ..." Mira said in muffled panic. The longer the kiss was going on, the more she was ever so slightly sliding off the bed. "I'm going to fall! And if I do, it's going to be on you!"

The kiss kept going, until they both came up gasping for air. Mira seemed to decide that she was going to end up on the floor, it would be on her own terms as she half-fell, half-pounced on top of Tomas renewing the kiss as she straddled his stomach.

"Do we have to go to this training thing?" Mira pouted when they broke apart again.

"Yeah, we probably should. Don't want to get rusty ..." Tomas ran a hand down Mira's cheek. "In a few minutes though."

** Several Minutes Later **

"Prepared for who?" Tomas spoke up from the doorway to the hangar.

"Petty Officer O'Riley sir, we're we just commenting on how she handles her stick a little rough."

"Tell me about it..."

"How is the groin sir?"

"It'll live. The Doc assures me I'll still be able to have kids. Hows Jaron?"

"She was fine when i checked up on her yesterday. Hopefully she'll be in a good enough shape to fly today."

"Good Good, well it's nearly time to get ready. I'll speak to the guys when they've all gathered, and then XO, you can take us through our paces."

"Sir yes sir!"
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC] [NER] [EoT]
Training Executive Officer (TX)
Academy Trainer (T-2)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
Anden Beliam
ComNet Initiate

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  362
April 5, 2008 5:36:05 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
:: In one of the repair hangars after the Debriefing::

It was an impressive ship and could even be called nimble and fairly fast for its size. Anden had to hand it to Corellian Corps. At this time he was running a hand on the under side of the rounded center lined cockpit of the “modified” freighter he and Phin had flown back from the most recent mission. As he rounded the starship around towards the back he inspected the blasted out parts of the ship where the airlocks where now disengaged revealing the innards of the ship.

Crossing one arm across his chest and rubbing his chin with his other hand as he thought about the battle, the briefing and then the little disagreement and argument between Phin and Ibram, Anden couldn’t help but think of the losses that they had taken in rescuing the XO. This ship could possibly give him a chance to add to successful parts of the mission.

“Quite the ship you’ve got there.” One of the older techs said, walking up to stand beside him.

“Oh…it’s not mine…..at least,” Anden began as he walked towards the ship, "It's not yet."

After all, Phin and he had both brought the Freighter back together. That and he didn’t know if the VE would want to keep it for the good of the whole Navy, or if they would let him have the ship.

He looked back at the tech who just stood there smiling knowingly, “Well…whatever the case may be. What are you planning on doin’ with it?” The tech asked him, folding his arms across his chest.

“Who said that I was planning on anything?” He answered with a question of his own, taking a few steps back from the ship.

“You did.” The tech chuckled, “Hopefully your flying isn’t as predictable as your thoughts are when looking at a ship.”

Anden could only give a smile in return to that, after all, it was true that he had already given thought as to what modifications he wanted to make. Viper had some conditional R&R time. And aside from training that he would need to get into for the Squadron and his own Flight, there wasn’t much to occupy his time. He had finished his work on the shuttle and even had a contract with the ICS for further production of the ship. He would love to add another great ship to the selection of starships.

The tech stretched out his hand and grinned, “That’s what I thought. Gorren Falc, not a senior tech….but definitely a senior.”

Anden shook Gorren’s hand, “Anden Beliam, Viper Squadron.” He said with a nod.

“Well then let me see whatcha got in mind so far.” Gorren said walking towards the ship with Anden following in his wake pulling out his datapad.

“I have already looked into finding a cockpit from a YT-1300….”

Sparks were flying for the melding torches that Gorren and Anden were both armed with as they fixed the first of the hull panels in place on the freighter when Anden’s datapad pinged in a warning tone. Anden switched of his torch and walked on the dorsal side of the ship where his datapad laid with some of his other gear. It was a training notice, and he had only 15 minutes to get into his flight suit- which was in his crew quarters- and then make it back to the hangar they were supposed.

Grabbing his gear he shouted back at Gorren, “Training time, you got it covered from here?”

His torch didn’t even turn off as he gave Anden a thumbs-up and continued. Anden grinned as he dropped down into the inside of the ship through the service hatch and was soon running out and down the access ramp. He knew that Gorren would finish with the panel, what he didn’t know was how often he would have the help of old guy. Gorren had been a tech with the VE for a number years and had worked on ships before Anden had even uttered his first full sentence. Anden only hoped he would be able to have his help more often. The guy had a way with tools and working on ships. And although he wasn’t strong in the way of figuring out modifications he knew his stuff, that much Anden could tell.

:: Training Time::

He made good time, better than he thought he would have. As he walked into the launching hangar and could see there were still a number of the Squadron members who had not appeared as of yet. Among those were Sicario.

I guess he wasn’t just blowing off some steam. He thought to himself as he also struggled with the idea to send a quick message to him but was broken out of his reverie but a shout in his direction.

“Finally able to drag yourself out from underneath that piece of junk, Anden?” Ibram said with a grin.

Anden returned the grin and nodded as he replied, “It won’t be a piece of junk once I am done with it.” He said smiling as he joined with Ibram and Tomas for a moment.

“Any word on if Sicario is staying true to his word?” Ibram asked with the true concern of a leader.

It caused Anden to pause and take in how much Ibram had grown in the short time since Anden had joined the Squadron. The guy was a strong leader and they were lucky to have him in Viper. He looked back toward the entry into the Hangar and nodded as he looked back at Ibram.

“It looks to be that way…” He said, then continued, “Don’t worry, he will come around. I will have him here to get back in training.”

“That is good to hear. For a little while there I was beginning to worry we were going to loose you the Techs.” Ibram said, as Anden began to walk over and join with Lukas.

“Say now, that’s not such a bad idea….” He joked back with him, and then laughed. In reality, he would never  even come close to that. He was meant to be in a cockpit, in the thick of it. And that was how he planned to keep. The only problem was he knew how quickly things could change. All you had to do was to look at his parents and you would know that was true.

Lukas was now in his Flight and Anden realized he really didn’t know the guy all that much, besides how gullible he could be from their time on the transport in the last mission.
“Hey Lucas, how are you doing? Ready to go for training?” he asked as Lukas was coughing at something Anden guessed he thought was funny.

Immediately Lukas’s face got serious and he answered with a strong, “Sir, Yes sir!”

Anden thought that he would throw up a salute and so he just gave a low wave with his hand, “No need for the formalities Fulfiller.” He said with a grin.

He had to hand it to he guy, he was dedicated. He was sure that there was a fun part to Lukas- he had seen a bit of it before the last mission had started and it just seemed that he was too strict with himself. Focus was good- but too much of it and anyone could break.

“I hear there was a little bit of a brawl in the cantina, where you there?” he asked as he waited for the rest of the squadron to show up and for the training to get going.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Petty Officer 1st Class Anden Beliam
FL/PO1 Beliam/Viper 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited April 5, 2008 5:37:37 PM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

Post Number:  27
April 13, 2008 4:41:39 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
((OOC: Sorry for the delay. Was on vacation.))

Lukas's eyes were focused on his datapad as he checked out the schematics of his TIE, seeing if any improvements were made to the fighter since he last left it after the mission. According to the screen, there was no improvements except for some repair to the bottom of the right wing. It must have been slightly damaged from the dogfight with those Z-95's, thought Lukas. He nodded to the intel and was about to walk back towards the group.

Somehow, a memory of what happened back at the catina gave him a chuckle just as Anden was heading towards him. Lukas got rid of the chuckle with some muffled cough in hopes to disguise his humor.

“Hey Lukas, how are you doing? Ready to go for training?”

Immediately, Lukas’s face got serious, and he answered with a strong, “Sir, Yes sir!”

Anden thought that he would throw up a salute and so he just gave a low wave with his hand, “No need for the formalities Fulfiller.” He said with a grin.

He had to hand it to the guy, he was dedicated. He was sure that there was a fun part to Lukas; he had seen a bit of it before the last mission had started, and it just seemed that he was too strict with himself. Focus was good, but too much of it and anyone could break.

“I hear there was a little bit of a brawl in the cantina, where you there?” he asked as he waited for the rest of the squadron to show up and for the training to get going.

"I was, sir. Mira and Jaron got into it with a Trandoshan, and in the thick of the melee, Tomas tried to get involved and break up the fight. Unfortunately, for him, Mira kicked him right in the jewels. It was a sight, but Zane and I got punished because of our laughing at the situation and had to clean the mess up."

Another chuckle came out of Lukas as he could remember Tomas's look once Mira's boot met with his body part. To be punished by cleaning everything up, it was well worth the laughter.

Anden Beliam
ComNet Initiate

Anden Beliam

Post Number:  151
April 17, 2008 10:13:38 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
Lukas seemed to be a little less tense as a grin came to his face while he explained what had happened. Anden thought that Tomas had had a bit of an odd canter to his walk, and now he knew why. A chuckle escaped from the pilot even after he said that he and Zane had received the buck for cleaning up the mess for laughing at the matter. Anden couldn’t help but remember the incident Phin and he had gotten into at the cantina not to long ago. Though, as he chuckled a little along with Lukas he remembered that they had been fortunate enough to not get stuck with any kind of cleaning duty.

“Well, knowing how fierce Mira can be, it is a shock he is able to walk so quickly.” Anden replied as he looked around still waiting for anyone else to arrive.

He had still not had a chance to talk with Phin about what was going on and he hoped that his wingmate would be alright. He only hoped that Phin hadn’t decided to do anything too rash and run off. Anden knew that his friend had a lot happen in his life even though Phin had never really told him everything. He just kind could see it, almost feel it. In any case- he hoped that he would see his friend back in training with the group soon.

“I hope the rest of the squadron shows up. If Ibram wasn’t here I’d say that we were in the wrong place.” Anden said letting out a sigh.

He was ready to get into his fighter and run some drills. As good as the simulators were, you just couldn’t beat the real thing. And after their extended stay on planet he remembered why he had chosen to be a pilot. He was at home in the cockpit of a starship. He sat himself on some crates across from Lukas for a few moments thinking once again of the last mission. There had been a good part of time that in his mind he thought he was at his end when they had been planet-side. It had taken three full bacta treatments before he was feeling back to a hundred percent health again. The injuries he had sustained with the first, second and third encounters while he had been with Tomas and Phin had been nothing in comparison to turmoil going on in his mind of how what had happened actually did happen.

The explosion that had blown up practically in his face and then thrown his body into a thick wall should have killed him in both instances. And yet it hadn’t and he had come out alive and still able to fight back. He hadn’t told anyone of it, and fortunately Phin hadn’t mentioned anything of it, at least not to his knowledge. The last thing he wanted was to be put through a list of tests to find out if there was something wrong with him. What he did want to know was how he had survived and he vowed to himself he would get the answer- he just didn’t know when.

He came out of his reverie and moment of thoughts to find Lukas looking at him as if he were about to ask if everything was ok. Anden shook his head and answered before Lukas was able to ask.

“It’s nothing, I was just thinking that we should probably do a quick run through on our ships while we wait for the rest of the squadron to show up.” He got up from the crates and headed off to in the direction of his ship.

Lukas hadn’t looked thoroughly convinced and so Anden kept walking without looking back. Once he got to his ship he began his regular diagnostic checks. It wasn’t too much longer before some more of the squadron showed up in the hangar. Anden saw Jaron head straight for her fighter. He gave her and nod and a smile as she passed below their fighters and made a mental note to get more acquainted with the two newest members of the Squadron.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Member

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  345
April 20, 2008 5:24:56 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram leant against a crate as the CO checked his chrono.

“Well, everyone’s here except for Gage. I read the report; feel free to assign him scrub duty XO.”

Ibram nodded sadly. “Yes sir.” He made a note in his datapad.

Tomas spoke into his communicator to address the squadron. “Ok guys, listen up! We’ve got a couple of new people and some time to spare, so we’re going to run the training exercise your new XO has thought up for you.”

The CO waited whilst everyone got out of their fighters, and formed a circle around Ibram and the CO. Ibram hoped the training exercise he had devised would keep them occupied, they all looked a bit bored.

Maybe two weeks of R&R is a bit too long…

The CO began the briefing, “First off, we’re going to head to the Golan Heights, and then-“

He was cut off by the warning klaxon.

Viper squadron looked around with bewilderment as the alarm blared all through the hangar. Ibram saw Kale talking animatedly into a wall-com. He looked scared. Other technicians were running.

Ibram turned to the CO, “Sir, I think…”

Ibram never got a chance to say what he thought. Moments later, Hangar-bay 5Alpha was engulfed in flames.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch.

Ibram tried to move his arm, but it was pinned underneath what looked like the door to the cockpit of a TIE fighter. He caught a glimpse of the serial number on the door. It was from his TIE fighter.

You know, this really isn’t a good time for Irony, he thought.

Ibram tried to use his other arm but it was stiff and weak.

I really should start using the gym…

“Is anyone alive? Hello!!” Ibram could hear someone shouting over to his right.

“Over here” He croaked.

“XO!? Is that you?” It sounded like Anden.

Ibram saw a clean shaven face pop round from behind some wreckage. The guy had blood running down his forehead, and a massive gash in his cheek, but he still managed to crack a smile when he saw Ibram.

Yeh, it’s Anden.

Ibram saw that Anden was also hobbling on one leg. His other had a pipe through it.

“Does that hurt?” the Flight Leader pointed at Ibram’s trapped arm.

“Does that?” he said, nodding at Anden’s leg. Between them, they managed to get Ibram free.

“How long you been awake Anden?” Ibram was supporting Anden has the walked slowly towards where they thought was the exit. Small fires and smouldering wreckage was everywhere, and Ibram could see bodies that were charred, dismembered….or both.

“Not sure, all I remember is the exit collapsing, and then explosions and flames everywhere. Must have gotten knocked out, because I woke up with my new friend about half an hour ago. Been hobbling around ever since trying to find people.”

“You found no one?” The last thing the squadron needed was more deaths, but then Ibram guessed of there was no longer anyone in the squadron, the point was moot.

“Well, with this leg, it took me a while to get anywhere. You were the first body I saw.”

Ibram stopped and looked around.

Colonised at a time when the Vast Empire had enemies literally on its doorstep, a lot of the facilities on Abrea were built underground or inside mountains. Doubling up as bomb shelters, these underground hangers were designed so that fighters could launch in relative safety and secrecy.

Hanger 5Alpha was one of the last of such hangers to be built underground, before the Vast Empire expanded and threat levels decreased.

Squinting through the smoke, Ibram could just make out the tunnel exit that the fighters used to get out of the hanger. Something big had crashed into the tunnel, and the whole section had collapsed, leaving a gaping whole in the roof.

Well, at least we won’t suffocate…

“Any idea’s on how we’re going to get out here sir?”

“We should try and find survivors first, worry about getting out later. The brass couldn’t have missed what happened, so search and rescue teams should already be on their way.”

“Sir! Is that you!? Sir!!”

Ibram tried to see who was shouting, but couldn’t make anything out through the smoke.

“I can’t see them sir, can you?” Anden looked all around, but he couldn’t see them either.

“Whose there?” Ibram called.

“Crewman Thran and Crewman Jaron, Sir!”

Ibram, with Anden in tow, moved towards the direction of Arkan’s voice. It wasn’t long before they found him, clutching Jaron’s body in his arms.

“Is she ok?” Ibram asked, traces of fear and concern seeping into his voice.

“She’s unconscious, and a lil’ beat up, but otherwise fine sir.”

Ibram laid Anden down on the floor, and took a moment to gather his thoughts.

“Did you see anyone else?” Anden asked the new pilot.

“No, I woke up and no-one was around me, apart from some dead tech guys. Been walking around past twenty minutes, found Ja-, I mean, crewman Kai lying on the floor over there.” He pointed over towards what was left of the third fighter bay.

“No sign of the skipper?” Ibram asked.

“Fraid not sir.”

Damn, this is a mess, he thought.

Just then, a small moan came from Jaron, and her eyes fluttered open.

“Ouch…” she said.

Anden smiled, “Welcome back crewman.”

Jaron gave a weak smile, “Crewman Kai, reporting for duty sir.” She tried to get up, but she too was sore and stiff, and so laid back down.

Ibram gave a small sigh of relief, “well, that’s four for four, so far so good….”

His communicator beeped.

“Hello?”

“Ibram! Is that you?”

Ibram started, it sounded like Mira, and sounded like she was in a lot of pain.

“Mira!? Where are you?”

“I…I don’t know. I can’t see anything, there’s so much smoke and wreckage…but Tom! I can see Tom!”

“The skipper!? How Is he?”

“Not good, he’s bleeding, and he’s got shrapnel in him…he needs help Ibram, you need to find us.”

“Well where are you? Can you move?”

“….No. No I can’t move.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I’m trapped, Ibram. Part of the roof caved in on me. May arms and legs are pinned. I can’t move.”

Ibram swore, he turned to the others, “Pick up Petty Officer Beliam. Jaron, on you’re feet.”

Mira spoke again. “Ibram, there’s more. A small fire is still going on near us, it’s being fuelled by some fuel containers…and it’s spreading towards us.”

“Hang on, we’ll come find you.”

With Arkan now carrying Anden, the four pilots set off to find Mira and the skipper before it was too late.

Great, a ticking clock. That’s just what we need…

OOC:
Ok guys. I've thrown a spanner in the works to get you guys more animated. I want to see plenty of activity from you, as well as creativty. Go over to the Viper topic for a full run down of the situation. Lets get cracking!

We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  62
Total Posts:  85
April 20, 2008 7:54:26 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Mira, if she had been heavier and a few inches taller probably wouldn't have been thrown across the hangar like she was.  A leaf in the breeze was all she was as the heat whipped across her body and shrapnel cut into her clothes and skin.  She hit the floor, skidding a few feet resulting in a rash on her elbows as she tried to stop herself.  Stunned as her head hit the floor, Mira didn't have a chance as a second explosion, probably fuel from one of the TIE fighters, threw Mira over the floor this time the ceiling became unstable and was thrown after her pining her underneath the rubble.  At some point something crashed against her skull making everything go black.

A hot crackling feeling covered Mira's skin she coughed as a foul smell filled her nose and lungs.  She let out a moan, her head ached so badly, her mouth was dry, she wanted a drink of water and went to lift her arm to grab the usual cup of water she kept at the side of her bed.  But she couldn't lift her arm, in fact her arm hurt a lot as well as her leg.  Her body ached, slowly her vision blurry she opened her eyes to see flashes of orange around her and ceiling covering most of her.  With her free hand she rubbed her eyes cleaning most of the grit out with the help of her tears.  She then proceeded to try to lift the debris off of her only to have the rest of the debris she was buried in shift dangerously making her stop.  She needed a better idea, one that didn't have a few tons of crap fall on her.

Mira looked around, her eyes widening as she saw the still form of Tomas laying nearby.  Was he?  No she could see his chest rising up and down, thank the gods.  Slowly she reached into her pocket to get her comlink, it was her only hope, already she could feel the heat of the fire, her heart beated fast in fear.  Hands shaking she beeped Ibram hoping he was still alive.

"Hello?' Ibram's usual smooth voiced sound strained and painful.

“Ibram! Is that you?” Mira said feeling a little drowsy, the smoke was getting thicker.

“Mira!? Where are you?”

“I…I don’t know. I can’t see anything, there’s so much smoke and wreckage…but Tom! I can see Tom!”  She tried to sound a little hopeful, her voice was shaking though.

“The skipper!? How Is he?”

“Not good, he’s bleeding, and he’s got shrapnel in him…he needs help Ibram, you need to find us.”

“Well where are you? Can you move?”

“….No. No I can’t move.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“I’m trapped, Ibram. Part of the roof caved in on me. May arms and legs are pinned. I can’t move.”

Ibram, there’s more. A small fire is still going on near us, it’s being fuelled by some fuel containers…and it’s spreading towards us.”

“Hang on, we’ll come find you," Ibram said and Mira let out a slow chuckle.

"I swear Ibram if you get us out of here I'll own you one, big time," she said sounding almost drunk, "In fact if we get out of here I'm going to go off get married have babies, do that girl thing.  You know, I was putting it off for a few more years," she added giggling before gasping in pain as more debris fell onto her hurt arm, "You know we're going to need that two weeks of R&R to heal," she added her voice slurring, everything seemed so slow, it was hard to think and the air was so thick.

"Ibram, please hurry," she the coughed painfully before her comlink fell out of her hand.
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

Post Number:  28
April 20, 2008 2:59:12 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
Minutes ago:

After a quick check on things, Lukas smiled as Anden made a joke about what happened back at the cantina. His mood was less tense than what it was a few moments, finally getting a chance to relax and enjoy things for a while. He hadn't gotten the chance to do that since the cantina incident, but finally, the stiffness was finally starting to smooth out.

“I hope the rest of the squadron shows up. If Ibram wasn’t here I’d say that we were in the wrong place.” Anden said letting out a sigh.

"I agree. It's starting to get a little boring around here."

Lukas spoke up as Anden began to wander a bit in his own thoughts while taking a seat on the crates. He wondered if those thoughts were of those that he experienced with Phin back during the mission. Those two were almost killed, and it was a miracle that they survived and came back with the rest of the Vipers. It must have taken a heavier toll than one first though. Lukas became concerned with his friend and was about to walk towards him and help him through his ordeal, but Anden thought otherwise. “It’s nothing, I was just thinking that we should probably do a quick run through on our ships while we wait for the rest of the squadron to show up.” He got up from the crates and headed off to in the direction of his ship.

Lukas wasn't convinced that it was nothing. If he knew anything about how tragedies affect the mind, he would be an expert and writing a book about it. However, now wasn't the time. Ibram had called everyone over to go over the guidelines of the training session. Lukas walked away from his fighter and headed towards the circle, hoping that this training exercise would make him into a better pilot.

As he listened to the details, he saw an orange and white flash from the corner of his eyes. Then, darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now:

Lukas's eyes slowly stirred open as he breathed in some thick smoke that came from the explosion. He didn't know where it came from, but it certainly knocked him away from the rest of the Squadron. He could hear certain voices that came from the other side of the hanger, but they were disguised under the heavy flames of the fire.

Lukas tried to move and get himself out of this mess, but he couldn't move. He tried again, but still, nothing. He quickly turned his head to see his legs pinned under a damaged TIE Fighter wing. What made matters worse was that the roaring flames were getting closer towards him on his left side. There was no one where he was, so unless he did something quick, he was going to be one roasted pilot.

Suddenly, his eyes saw his salvation. His datapad and comlink were next to his hip, knowing that he must have dropped them during the explosion. At least, there were nearby him at this point. He reached down and grabbed the comlink, turning it on in hopes that the signal wasn't destroyed because of the explosion.

"Help! This is Viper 6! My legs are pinned under a Fighter wing! I'm near the hanger's entrance, and it's still active, but the flames are coming closer! Help!"

Not much smoke was coming his way, which was a relief, but he hoped that someone would come to his rescue before it was too late.

Anden Beliam
ComNet Initiate

Anden Beliam

Post Number:  157
April 23, 2008 9:47:32 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
The last thing that he remembered was the familiar feeling of being thrown off his feet and being slammed against an unforgiving wall. Anden found himself actually wondering if this time would be his time. As the floor gave him a hard welcome his vision began to blur and the last things he saw were not comforting. The explosion had apparently thrown everyone in every direction except the one he had been thrown in. The blackness enveloped him as he realized he was alone.

Anden was awakened as a pain coming from his leg began to be too much for him stay unconscious. Forcing his eyes open he lifted his head, pushed himself up onto his elbows shakily and could see the source of the pain. Protruding from his right leg above his knee on the outside of his thigh was a pipe at least two inches thick. He took a couple of deep breaths to prepare himself for more pain as he sat up and heard the pipe scratch against the floor, in turn pulling his flesh. His left leg seemed to be fine and he figured that he would be able to move around if he got to his feet.

Wincing he leaned forward and tore of the lower pant leg of his left leg. He tied the material around his right leg as tight as he could above the pipe and then slid and pushed himself to some rubble. Pain struck through his nervous sytem as he pulled himself up unable to control how much his injured leg was jostled.

For the next half hour or more he searched for others and found nothing but destroyed portions of the Hangar. There was a huge gaping hole in the ceiling and he thought that he had been separated completely from everyone else. It was hard to believe that he was the only one left- there had to be some one, more than one.

“Is anyone alive? Hello!?” Anden shouted out. His voice was swallowed up in the fire lit darkness. But then he heard something that he had been hoping for. Someone else had made it.

“Over here” Anden heard the person croak out. The voice was raspy, hoarse, but he was sure it was Ibram.

“XO!? Is that you?” Anden shouted back, as he began to break through the pieces of wreckage in the direction of Ibram’s voice.

He broke through and faltered in agony for a moment as his leg was jarred again. He managed to break into a smile once he spotted Ibram. His arm was wedged under some of the wreckage and Anden moved to try and get into a position to help lift the weight of of his arm without drowning himself in pain.

“Does that hurt?” He asked Ibram as he shifted down to get better leverage, even though he would only be able to use one of his legs- it was better than nothing.

Ibram paused for a moment then glanced up at him and retorted with a question, “Does that?” he said, nodding at his pipe skewered leg. Anden only grinned.

“Ready?...on three.” He said and Ibram nodded in reply.

He counted to three and then Anden lifted while Ibram pushed and slid his arm out from under the chunk of what appeared to be wreckage from one of the Viper squadrons TIEs.

“How long you been awake Anden?” Ibram asked as he help support Anden. There was more unpleasant views in this area than were Anden had been exploded to. Bodies were broken and charred, filling the caved in hangar with the stench of burning human flesh. Anden had to control his breathing in easy and smooth breaths to keep the stench from over powering his senses.

“Not sure, all I remember is the exit collapsing, and then explosions and flames everywhere. Must have gotten knocked out, slammed against a wall from the explosion, because I woke up with my new friend about half an hour ago. Been hobbling around ever since trying to find people.”

“You found no one?” Ibram asked with incredulity. The possibility of loosing any of the squadron burned in his eyes.

“Well, with this leg, it took me a while to get anywhere. You were the first body I saw.”

Even with Ibram’s help and support he had to stop to take a breath. He could feel his leg going numb from the pain. He knew he would need to still hold on to his consciousness. He was sure to be in better condition than some of the others they would find. Ibram took this time to gaze around, but never straying far from where Anden was. All he could make out was that something of considerable size had crashed into the Hangar.

A wave of exhaustion began to feel Anden’s mind, and so he took a deep breath and asked the first question that came to mind. He would need to keep his mind active if he planned on staying awake and helping out where he could.

“Any idea’s on how we’re going to get out here sir?”

Ibram shook his head lightly and replied, “We should try and find survivors first, worry about getting out later. The brass couldn’t have missed what happened, so search and rescue teams should already be on their way.”

“Sir! Is that you!? Sir!!”

Anden and Ibram turned their heads simultaneously towards the sound of the voice, and they moved towards it. Arkan soon came into view and he was carrying Jaron who was unconscious. He laid her down and told how he had found her, but no one else but some less fortunate techs.

“No sign of the skipper?” Ibram asked.

“Fraid not sir.” Arkan replied with a single shake of his head.

As if on queue right after Arkan had spoke, Jaron moaned and shifted a bit. . From where Arkan had said he found her it was obvious that her body had taken a good portion of the shockwaves from the blast. Anden was pretty sure that she would have to go through a considerable amount corrective therapy before she would be able to move with full motion again.

“Ouch…” she said, as she slowly tried to pry her eyes open.

Anden smiled, “Welcome back crewman.”

Jaron gave a weak smile, “Crewman Kai, reporting for duty sir.” She tried to get up, but she too was sore and stiff, and so laid back down.

Ibram gave a small sigh of relief, “well, that’s four for four, so far so good….” He said  just as his communicator beeped. Ibram answered it with one fluid swipe up from his utility belt.

“Hello?”

It was Mira.

All hopes of good news fled from Anden as the conversation between Mira and Ibram rolled out. The situation was getting darker and darker. Mira and Tomas were about to become the equivalent of a Gamorian Barbeque and there were still members of the squadron that were completely unaccounted for. 

As the four pilots made their way off into the wreckage in search of Tomas and Mira, yet another message came through, this time on Anden’s communicator. He was sure it had been smashed when he had been battered against the wall. Once again- the news was not good.

Lukas sounded completely unhinged and in a stake of near extreme panic, "Help! This is Viper 6! My legs are pinned under a Fighter wing! I'm near the hanger's entrance, and it's still active, but the flames are coming closer! Help!"

“Lukas, where are you?...” Anden asked as he snatched his own communicator awkwardly with his left hand.

Static returned in answer and he twice more with the same result, then silence. Now his communicator was dead and useless. But at least he knew that Lukas was a live. He searched through the wreckage and tore himself away from Arkan’s support once he spotted something that would help him.

“What are you….” The question began to come from Arkan until Anden turned and sat on the ground with an extended y brace support in hand. He quickly measured out three fore arm lengths of the shaft and then placed his good heel at the mark and wincing snapped it to the broken floor.

Placing the y-end of the shaft under his right arm he held out his left hand for Arkan to help him up. He tested the strength of his make shift crutch, satisfied that it would and then looked to Ibram.

“I am going after Lukas” he said resolutely, “You three just make sure you find them before they get blown to pieces and I’ll do the same for Lukas.”

For a moment Ibram looked like he was going to argue, but Anden beat him to the punch, “I found you didn’t I? And that was without this.” He said nodding down to the crutch.

“Alright then, let’s move.” Ibram said after only a moments consideration, “But you had better be careful. I don’t want to loose anyone.”

“You won’t.” Anden promised, even though he felt like he had no right to. If it was his time to go, it was his time to go. He hoped that if he did everything he could to save Lukas, it would be enough. Only time would tell. He nodded to Arkan, gave him a pat on the shoulder for thanks and gave Jaron a nod and a smile.

With that, the group was broken into two task forces, each going on a mission to save their comrades from an untimely death. As he moved through what was left of the hangar, his first thought was that he was actually glad now that Phin hadn’t shown up to training. Perhaps he would be one of the ones to come with the rescue party. He could only hope so.
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Member

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  358
April 27, 2008 7:28:38 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram, Arkan and Jaron made their way through what was left of Hanger5 Alpha.

It had been ten minutes since Anden had split off to go find Lukas, and they still hadn’t found the skipper or Mira.

They’re going to be toast at this rate…

Ibram could see what looked like a serious fire over to their left, and another smaller one over the right. There wasn’t time to check both…

“Arkan, head over to that fire outbreak over there, see if you can find anything. Jaron, you and me will check out this one here.”

“Sir” The two novices echoed.

It’s ironic…Their first test, their first experience of danger, death…and we haven’t even left the gakking hangar…

“Oh my gods…” Jaron gave a small gasp.

“What is it?” Ibram turned round and jogged back to Jaron, who was staring wide eyed at some nearby wreckage.

It was Kale, the deck chief… At least what was left of him. It looked like he had gotten too friendly with one of those torture droids you saw Internal security use.

“Come on Jaron, we need to focus on finding the others.” Ibram gently touched her on the shoulder. She came out of her shock and nodded.

“Yes sir.”

The ‘fire’ turned out to be nothing more then a lit fuel line. A crack in the durasteel piping had caused fuel to leak out, which was ignited, and created what looked like a wall-mounted flamethrower. It wasn’t spreading; seemingly content to superheat a TIE wing that was leaning against the wall next to it.

“They’re not here. Lets go see if Arkan has found anything…”

Before Ibram could turn around to head back, Jaron grabbed his arm and pointed towards a nearby door frame.

“Sir look, there’s someone there.”

She was right; the door had imploded inward, and Ibram could just make out someone lying against the frame. The two pilots half-jogged, half-walked over to see if the person was still alive.
It was Aleia.

“It’s Petty Officer Dreycon!” Jaron exclaimed.

Ibram knelt down beside the downed pilot. Her pulse was steady; she only had minor wounds on her body…unless you counted the massive bruise on her forehead.

“She’s unconscious, but she should be ok. We’ll have to carry her though.”

There was a groan, “Nobody….carries me…anywhere…”

Ibram looked back down to see Aleia, eyes open, rubbing her head.

“Ouch,” she said.

“Welcome back Petty Officer,” Ibram grinned

“Shut up sir.” Aleia sat up slowly. “How long have I been out?”

“Don’t know, my chorno’s broken. We’re trying to find the others….Anden’s gone to rescue Lukas, and me, Jaron and Arkan are looking for the skipper and Mira, who are trapped somewhere. Zane is still un-accounted for, as is Oops.”

“Lovley…”

Ibram’s com beeped. “Tyrol here.”

“Sir, its Arkan. I’ve found Mira and the CO. It’s as bad as we thought. I think you should get over here.”

Ibram looked over at Aleia, “Can you run?”

“I could fly like this, lets go save the day.” She stood up.

Ibram, Jaron and Aleia made there way towards Arkan.

The ‘clock’ ticked on…

OOC:
Keep up the good work guys

We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Arkan-Thran
ComNet Novice

Arkan-Thran

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  53
April 27, 2008 10:13:23 AM    View the profile of Arkan-Thran 
Arkan left the rest of the squad for a moment to look at an odd painting at the side a TIE which he belived to be Oopses fighter and then the sudden but not easily recognized feeling unless you lived in close contact with spaceships all your life feeling of a ship breaking atmosphere and approaching at speed on realspace engines.

"That's not supposed to happen" he heard himself say and then his world turned upside down.

Arkan woke with a sudden spluttering cough with blood and realised immediatly that he had internal injuries.Most likely minor as he stood.Hanger Alpha5 was ablaze and he moved to retrive a nearby bucket of water and looked for the fuel line that was leaking and threw water on it and clogged it with nearby rags with that the fire ran out of fuel and the blaze died down to minor fires.

Arkancollected his thoughts and made a guess that the ship that had hit them wasn't milatary grade at any rate so that ruled out the New Republic....maybe.Merchant Class engines were more likely and the ship judging by the sonic boom was about the size of a Tartan patrol cruiser.

He heard heavy breathing from nearby and looked for the source.It was Jaron. Dead no unconciouss yes.He picked her up and carried her to a new hole in the wall to let her breathe fresh air. He sat for a minute and examined Jaron and himself more clearly Jaron had a few bad cuts and internal wounds ad Arkan was sure nothing was wrong with him more that fire having come dangerously close to singing his hair.

With that he took Jaron in his arms and moved to where he remembered the XO Ibram to be.Which was in the blast zone. Arkan picked up the pace his mind moved with purpose but as he rounded a smashed TIE he found Anden had beaten him to it. He saw a dark shape burned by the blast and cried out "Sir!Is that you!! Sir!".

"Any sign of the skipper" Ibram asked.

"Fraid not sir" he replied

He was speaking to Mira and it wasn't good.Soon She and Tomas would be like a stranded worker caught in the blast of an engine test fire up in the drive yards.

Anden began to move and Arkan moved to support him. He just stopped himself form asking who the new friend was when he saw the pole in his leg.

All of a sudden he tore himself from His support and took up a Y-shaped pole which he modified to be a crutch in a few seconds.

The ragtag group split up after a quick conversation between Ibram and Anden.Arkan searched with Jaron for the last crewmen left. He wandered towards the main wreck of the crashed craft.He was pleased to note his earlier guess was right.The ship was medium sized and definatley merchant.

Jaron saw his smile and asked him why and he told her earlier he made a guess from experience from experience and was pleased he was right.

He saw a shape in the nose....It was the CO.He ran with Jaron and made a quick pulse check it was weak.Jaron found Mira nearby and found that she was in a similar state.He raised Ibram on Comnet.

"Sir it's Arkan we've found the skipper and Mira.It's as bad as we thought.you should get here"

He treated the burns from his expeience as a welder from Kuat but the cuts and gashes would be left to Ibram or a medic from the rescue parties.

If  help didn't come both would be dead and the enemys plan would be a sucsess.That could not be allowed.

"Comon Sir wake up" he whispered as he waited for help
Arkan Thran

Innocence Proves Nothing

Scientia est Vox
Knowledge is Power
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Arkan-Thran (edited April 27, 2008 10:14:33 AM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

Post Number:  29
April 30, 2008 8:48:47 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
“Sir, its Arkan. I’ve found Mira and the CO. It’s as bad as we thought. I think you should get over here.”

That message went through Lukas's comlink as he struggled to free himself from the Fighter wing that has his legs pinned to the ground. He hoped that Mira and the CO were alright, seeing them again with the rest of the Vipers. That thought gave him some resolve as his eyes spotted something that could help in his own rescue.

A long steel pipe was near the right side of his head, long enough that it would reach the wing and, hopefully, free him of this mess. With a deep breath that was exhaled quickly, he made a reach for the pipe with his right hand, nearly reaching it as his eyes watched as the fire was getting close to the wing. If that caught on fire, then Lukas was going to be a roasted pilot.

Another attempt was made for the pipe, this time getting a couple of his fingertips on the metal. Using his fingers, he pulled back on the pipe so it would roll towards him, making it easier for him to get it. Grabbing hold of his new tool, he brought it to the wing and placed it in a gap between his legs and the wing. Twisting his body a bit, he tried to lift the pipe and the wing to free himself, but the wing was too heavy for him to lift. Unfortunately, at the same time, the raging fire caught a corner of the wing, making Lukas's eyes bug out a bit as he may have realized that he was a dead man.

What he didn't know was that another pair of hands came to the pipe. Lukas turned his head to see Anden join the scene as he tried to lift the pipe. What a relief it is to see my friend here, he thought to himself as he joined in and helped with the effort. Luckily, the wing lifted up just enough for Lukas's legs to be free.

"Hurry, Lukas! Can you move your legs?" Anden cried.

"Yeah, I can."

Lukas hurried himself and crawled out of the wreckage, still holding the pipe to make sure that the space was big enough. Once out of there, both men let go of the pipe as it slammed to the ground, making a loud thud as the fire made its way towards the middle of the wing. As he finally stood up for the first time in a while, Lukas knew that he owed Anden his life, and he would pay it back someday. A slight embrace was given by Lukas as a sign of a 'thank you', then pointed to the door of the hanger's entrance, which was slightly open for anyone to escape.

"Hurry, Anden. This way!" Lukas said as he made his way there.

Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

Post Number:  96
Total Posts:  119
May 2, 2008 12:24:51 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Nobody….carries me…anywhere…”

Ibram looked back down to see Aleia, eyes open, rubbing her head.

“Ouch,” she said.

“Welcome back Petty Officer,” Ibram grinned

“Shut up sir.” Aleia sat up slowly. “How long have I been out?”

“Don’t know, my chorno’s broken. We’re trying to find the others….Anden’s gone to rescue Lukas, and me, Jaron and Arkan are looking for the skipper and Mira, who are trapped somewhere. Zane is still un-accounted for, as is Oops.”

“Lovley…”

Aleia  shook and moved slowly. Not wanting any of the others to help her. She didn't need to appear weak even if it hurt like a Rancor's bite.

Ibram looked over at Aleia, “Can you run?”

“I could fly like this, lets go save the day.” She stood up.

Ibram, Jaron and Aleia made there way towards Arkan. Her head was swimming as she tried to clear the blurred vison she was having. Swaying a bite Ibram looked over and arched an eyebrow.

"You ok?"

She shook her head a moment and looked at him. Her eyesite was messing up. She could see three of him!

"Uh.. Not unless you are a triplet... Isn't that a scary thought? Three of you? I can barly handel one of you..."

Aleia shot back to him an dgave a wayward smile on her lips. Ibram  shook his head.

"Glade to see your sense of humer isn't killed..."

He replied, reaching into a pack as he pulled something out. Aleia couldn't see what exactly it was and practically fell over. Ibram grabbed her arm and  shot the thing in her arm. Aleia yiped and yanked back.

"What the Frak!??"

"Relax. that will help your double vison and  any pain you have.."

The look he gave her told her he knew her rather well.  She sighed and  they kept moving.
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Member

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  389
May 30, 2008 8:31:57 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
OOC:
This thread is now a personal story, and participation is optional.

Just some details about the desired out of this plot:

The terrorists who downed the freighter so that it would crash into the NAVY HQ were working for Drakan, the warlord we are about to face in Operation: Typhus.

Zane, Jaron and Oops haven't logged on in a while, so please do not mention them unless we know what's going on for sure: if they come back, great, if not, we'll write them off has having died in the explosion.

Mira and Aleia are still with us (I hope) so you can mention them, however if they too have gone AWOL then we will write them out during Typhus.

The squadron is now at half strength, with only Ryno as the new addition, please leave it as such.

Well done guys, good effort.

Viper Squadron
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Aftermath  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:35:59 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 53  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >