Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Alderaan Strikes Back (Iron Horse)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Alderaan Strikes Back (Iron Horse)
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  781
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Alderaan Strikes Back (Iron Horse)
March 9, 2008 4:52:44 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan listened to Draco as he informed him of the tracks he had discovered and also of the tree with the scorched blaster mark on it.  Alan thought back to when Draco had discovered the secret entrance to the base and also of the man in the observation deck that had seemed genuinely surprised when they had entered the base in that entrance.  Alan knew from what Draco had demonstrated so far in this mission that he was a good tracker but there was a lot riding on this.

“You’d better be right about this Draco” replied Alan, “you take point”

“Roger that Sir” replied Draco.

I hope he’s right thought Alan we cannot afford to lose this scientist.  Alan and the rest of the squad followed closely behind Draco as he moved slowly past the tree with the blaster damage and further into the jungle.

Alan wondered where the other enemy soldiers had disappeared to and hoped that they wouldn’t sneak up behind them.  He started to get concerned that enemy soldiers might know that they would go after the scientist and use it to trap them.  He needed to know that the rear of the squad was covered.

Getting on his com Alan quickly liaised with his ASL.  “Jelly, do you copy?” queried Alan.

“Reading you loud and clear” replied Jelly.

“Take up the rear and keep your eyes and ears peeled.  I don’t want any enemy soldiers tracking us or attacking us without any notice” said Alan.

“Understood” replied Jelly as he let other squad members pass him by so he could bring up the rear.

Alan felt better as he followed Draco in the jungle and hopefully on the heels of the scientist.  Let’s hope we find this scientist soon thought Alan.  He had already lost Vince on the god forsaken planet and he didn’t want to lose anyone else.
SL/GSG AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  177
Total Posts:  166
March 13, 2008 3:18:55 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco heard every word that Alan was speaking. But truth be told, he knew that the enemies had split up, that much was clear to him, but his tracking skills couldn't tell him WHO went WHERE.

He waited until Alan was finished assigning orders before suggesting, "Sir, I can't tell you which way the scientist went, I can only tell you that Im certain that their team has split up."

"What exactly are you trying to tell me soldier? That our squad needs to split up as well?"

Draco did not look away from his squad leader. He calmly responded, "No sir, Im not saying that we should do anything. That is your job Sir. I am only suggesting that it is the only way I see to be certain that we obtain the scientist."

Alan thought for a minute, hand on his chin and looking downward. He didn't much like the idea of splitting up the squad, but Draco had made a valid point nonetheless.

Recruit and Jelly brought him out of his moment and back to reality. "Sir? What are we going to do? We haven't much time.

Draco was looking around at the thick forest that surrounded them. The sun was dropping behind the tree line now, and the sky was morphing into smeared shades of blues, pinks and reds as a result. On the other side of the clearing, he could see the first twinkles of night as the stars peeked through dark blue skies. Draco looked back to Alan.

"Sir, their right. It will be much more difficult for me to track them in the dark."

Alan had a tough choice on his hands. The fates of his squad were in one hand, and the success of the mission in the other. This was the part that any leader hated about his or her position. It seemed a lose or lose situation, but never the less, it was a decision that he must make.
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  795
March 14, 2008 8:28:26 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan pondered on the difficult decision in front of him.  He certainly didn't want the squad to split up.  If they did so they would be more vulnerable to attack.  Yet if he didn't split them up then the mission was at risk to failure.  After losing Vince the last thing he wanted was the loss of another.

"We split up" he said finally, although as soon as he uttered those words, his heart sank.  He took a good look at the squad and said "Jelly, you're in charge of one squad, take Saphira, Recruit and Anival.  Draco and Ken, you're with me".

Everyone confirmed their orders and moved into their respective groups.  With having an uneven number of troopers, Alan had decided to let Jelly have the larger amount of troopers.  He hadn't worked long with Jelly and he was putting a lot of faith in him.

"Jelly, you take the tracks that go off in that direction" as he pointed at the spot.  "Draco, lead the way with the other set of tracks" said Alan.

"Yes Sir" replied Jelly as he started to lead his squad off.

"Good luck" muttered Alan softly as he watched them go.  I hope they're going to be alright thought Alan.

Draco looked over at Alan and waited.  Alan wasn't sure whether Draco had heard him or not.  Composing himself he looked back at Draco and said "lead the way Draco".

"Roger that Sir" replied Draco as he led Alan and Ken deeper into the jungle terrain.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  179
March 17, 2008 8:06:40 AM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco ran through the forest with his two squad mates in close pursuit and his heartbeat a steady yet unwanted reminder of the days losses and excitment. They chased Draco's tracking abilities and soon, they would be doing so blindly once night enveloped the terrain in its death like darkness and eriee embrace.

A light wind made its presence known when it blew in under Draco's armor and seemed to swirl and dance all the way up to his sweat drenched head. Then, through the random breaks in the tree leaves, they saw the ominuos face of a storm lurking just ahead as it made its way toward them like a starving Nexu stalking its prey.

*BOOM* A loud crack of thunder with a brilliant lightining display cast disorienting shadows all about them and temporarily blinding them through the protection of their visors. That was all the time that was needed for the mysterious man hiding in the confines of the forest.

The lightning and thunder was the perfect desguise for his well aimed blaster shot. Draco fell to the ground as it conected with his right thigh. In an instant, the scene morphed itself into a chaotic hail storm as bright red and blue blaster bolts ripped through the area. Draco tried to pull himself to saftey, but seemed to be moving with the speed of a drunk Hutt, his visions blurred by the intensely hot bolts streaking violently through the limited view his visor offered. Men began shouting all around him but he could not hear their words for the menacing storm had found them and drowned out all words as it growled in all its godly fury.

Dirt was prominent in the oxygen rich area and trees were splintering, send splintery projectiles in all directions and the storms winds were strong enough to redirect all the debris in any direction it deemed nessasary, making it a tiny cyclone of razor sharp, raging death.

Draco managed to get to the safety of a local tree and peeked out. He located the source of the enemy's blaster fire. Three men in three different trees were simotaniously firing upon his friends. He reached for his blaster and...it was gone. He looked to the middle of the small clearing where he had gone down. In all the blinding light, it tooka second or two for his vision to adjust. When it finally did...there layed his blaster.
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  799
March 17, 2008 8:43:36 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was following close behind Draco when suddenly the heavens emitted a loud thunderous boom and lightening streaked down from the sky.  Just great thought Alan mere seconds before a blaster bolt flew through the air and struck Draco.  Alan didn't have any time to check on his fallen trooper as he dived for cover as a barrage of blaster bolts rained down on them.

"Just one, I want to be able to sneak up on our enemies and not have them sneaking up on us" muttered Alan before he peered out from his hiding hole and sent a few blaster bolts back at the assailant.

Getting on to his com Alan queried "Draco, are you alright?"

A grimaced voice came through his com as Draco replied "I'll be fine Sir, just a flesh wound.  But I am defenceless as I dropped my blaster".

Alan sneaked a look out at where Draco was and he spotted his blaster not too far away.

"Stay there, I'll be right over" replied Alan into the com.

Moving from his covering position, Alan started to make a move towards the fallen blaster.  His movements did not go unnoticed as multiple blaster bolts flew out, trying to stop him in his tracks.  Alan quickly retreated to his cover as he cursed silently.

"I can't get to you right now, stay put and out of danger" stated Alan to Draco.

Alan took a glance round and saw that Ken was safe and was hiding behind a large tree stump, returning fire periodically.

"Damn" muttered Alan, "they have us soundly cornered".  He glanced back at the trees and pondered what their next move would be.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  180
March 18, 2008 8:08:55 AM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco watched from the shelter of his tree as Alan insanely attempted to rush headlong into battle to retrieve his blaster. "Stay there, I'll be right over!" were the words that he had said just before he rushed out and then instantly back to his shelter as super heated bolts peppered the ground all around him.

"Alan! What the hell are you doing? Did the super soldier drive you loopy?" Draco yelled into his helmet's internal comm unit. That's when the response came, "I can't get to you right now, stay put and out of danger." Draco cursed under his breath, "Your mental. You shouldn't have layed your life on the line for my mistake in dropping my weapon anyway."

Draco thought for a minute as the battle continued around him, raging like an evil beast with a corrupted soul and ripping up everything it's foul claws could grasp.  Draco scanned the area around him from the safty of his tree. Then he shouted, "Cover me and your eyes!" as he pulled his final flash grenade free from his belt compartment. "Negative soldier! Draco your injured, you stay put! That's an order!"

Alan saw Draco pull the grenade out and cursed as he yelled to Ken to fire and to shut his eyes. Just then, Draco charged out from behind his tree running as fast as his wounded leg would allow. Draco gained roughly half the distance to his blaster when he activated then tossed the minor explosive up and toward the enemies direction of fire. The bomb erupted, and for a split second, everything went deathly silent. The whistle of the the blaster fire died even though the bolts themselves hadn't. The storm's furious flashes and thunder seemed to also recieve a quick damper. It was if the grenade had sucked all sound into itself, and then released it upon detonation.

There was a loud explosion as Draco dove for his blaster, rolled and came back up in a run. The flash was so intense that the entire area lit up like daylight. Ken and Alan opened their eyes and still could see winking spots before their eyes. And up in the trees, the sounds blaster discharge had stopped and was replaced by screams of pain, surprise and shock.
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  800
March 18, 2008 8:25:04 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan cursed at Draco's tactics especially when Draco had earlier questioned his own tactics in trying to retrieve Draco's blaster.  Looking through his visor he still saw several stars as his eyes tried to adjust from the grenade.  His eyes wandered up to the trees and he spied the enemy troopers who were in disarray from the grenade.

"Open fire!" shouted Alan.

Alan wanted the rebels taken care of before they had any chance of recovering.  Despite his starry vision, Alan and the rest of the squad fired.  Alan selected the target dead ahead of him.  His first shots shattered the bark of the tree around which the rebel was located.  Alan cursed his accuracy, usually it never failed him but he was having trouble getting a lock through the stars.  Curse this vision he thought as he blinked his eyes repeatedly.

The rebel returned fire but he was having more difficulty than Alan.  Alan decided there was only one thing to do and fired repeatedly.  The bark shattered more and more and then success, several bolts hit the rebel square in his chest.  The rebel soldier cried out and plummeted from the tree.  The sickening thud as his body impacted on the ground was all that Alan needed to hear to know that the soldier's life was now at an end.

Alan glanced up at the trees and then over at Draco and Ken and wondered what success they were having as his vision started to settle down and the stars started to dissipate.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  181
March 18, 2008 9:25:21 AM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco mentally noted Alan's frustration as he tripped, fell and scurried behind a fallen tree laced with a thick layer of ivy. Just as he did so, several loud cracks hit the tree above his head and was followed by the smell of burned wood. He looked through a small opening he had found in the ivy and wood and placed the barrel of his blaster into it.

Draco spotted the third soldier just as Ken was making lightwork of the second and had him distracted. Draco squeezed and held the trigger tightly as his blaster recoiled into his shoulder repeatedly. There was a series of bright flashes and Draco couldn't tell if it was lightning, blaster fire from his blaster or if spots still played through his vision. Roughly six or seven shots erupted from his barrel and screamed through the air, scorching the oxygen around it in its wake.

A couple hit nothing but air, a pair dug charred marks in the tree bark and the remaining found their mark. There was no time for him to scream as he jolted backwards and fell out of the tree. He stopped and hung suspended in air as a branch caught his limp form and craddled it like a mother finding her lost child. Draco stood and approached Alan.

"Sir! I just wanted to tell you that the choice I made has a reason. There's method to my madness if you take my meaning sir."

Alan looked to Draco, "Oh? Well, I wish you'd explain it to me soldier."

"The way I see it sir, it was my fault for being clumsy and dropping my weapon in the first place. And two, I'd rather have one dead soldier than two or three wounded on my account sir."
[This message has been edited by DracoKorr (edited March 18, 2008 9:49:46 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  803
March 18, 2008 1:50:36 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan wasn’t exactly happy with Draco’s reasoning as injuries could heal whereas a dead trooper could not be resurrected and the squad had already suffered a fatality already on this godforsaken mission.

“I’d rather have injured troopers than dead ones” commented Alan.

“Understood Sir” replied Draco.

“Now, everyone fan out and check the bodies, I want to see if any of them are scientists or just soldiers” said Alan.

Both Draco and Ken moved out as Alan searched for the soldier that he had shot down.  He moved through the jungle and found the dead soldier.  He checked him out and realised that the rebel was indeed just a soldier.

“Sir, looks like this one is just a soldier” said Ken through Alan’s com.

“Mine is also just a regular soldier” stated Draco.

“Do you see any other tracks?” queried Alan.

Alan waited whilst Draco searched through the jungle in search of any other tracks.  After waiting for several minutes, Draco returned to Alan and reported that there were no other tracks evident.

Damn cursed Alan as he realised that the scientist must have went off in the other direction.  Alan hoped that Jelly and the rest of the squad were having better success than they were and that they had eliminated the scientist by now.

“Jelly, this is Alan, report” said Alan into his com.

He waited but no reply came back.  Damn cursed Alan, I wonder what has happened to them.

“Draco, get us back to the location of the first set of tracks and follow them, we need to get back together with Jelly and find out what is going on as I can’t raise him on the com” said Alan.

“Roger that Sir” replied Draco as he started leading the squad was more into the jungle.  Alan followed close behind Draco hoping that Jelly and the rest of the squad were alright.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  182
March 19, 2008 8:17:30 AM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco ran headlong into the jungle thicket, heart racing like a pod on a back water planet. He knew all to well how Alan was feeling at this point cause he too, when he was leader of his guild, had suffered massive casualties to his guild while he was away.

That memory played through his mind little by little with every strike of lightning and roar of thunder. He would not let anyone else die because of him. It took him 15 years to defeat that demon and come to terms with what had happened. He couldn't sleep for there were nightmares almost every night, and when he escaped the darkness of his nightmares and woke up to the safety of daylight, then he face multiple flashbacks.

He could not live through that again. This was his determination as he sprinted through the forest. This was the fuel for his fire that kept him pushing. This was the void deep in his soul that kept him driving toward victory, honor and ,perhaps one day, the light that was depriving him of wholeness. He sprinted faster, not looking back. The rain was beating heavily on his armor, the violent storm winds raging around him threatened to try and slow him. The wet soggy vines and ivys were reaching up out of the ground like icy cold hands of death, snagging his armor and desiring to take him down with them. Yet he sprinted, never slowing to check on his squad or the tracks that had led them into hell's den.

He didn't need to. He knew that Alan and Ken were with him with every hard breath over his com. He needn't look for tracks because he remembered where he was going. Right now, it was only a battle between him and his demons. It was like night vs. day, right vs.wrong, evil vs. good. Right now...it was Draco vs. the emptiness that enveloped him every day. This time he would prevail. Too many times in his life did he slow down to look back, and almost just as many times it had brought failure. He would not look back this time. Too much was at stake. He sprinted on.
[This message has been edited by DracoKorr (edited March 19, 2008 8:23:49 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  806
March 19, 2008 8:38:17 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan raced on after Draco.  It seemed that Draco was driven with passion as Alan was pushing himself hard to keep up with him.  The frantic pace soon came to a halt as they emerged from the forest back to the ship.  Draco started searching for the original set of tracks that Jelly had gone after whilst Alan and Ken took some time to get their breath.

"Sir, I've found the tracks, they go off in this direction" said Draco after he had got his bearings.

"Lead the way" replied Alan as both he and Ken started following Draco.

The trio walked for ages, going deeper and deeper into the jungle.  Alan was starting to wonder whether or not they would ever catch up to Jelly when Draco came to a sudden stop and started examining the ground around him.

"What have you got?" queried Alan as he moved over to Draco's side.

"There are scorch marks on the trees and a lot of disturbance on the ground here, here and here" stated Draco.

Alan looked at where Draco was pointing at and didn't like where Draco's observations were going to.

"It looks like there was some kind of battle here Sir.  Whoever was victorious, dragged the others off in this direction" said Draco, pointing.

Alan pondered this latest development, why would Jelly drag the scientist off in that direction.  His thoughts soon brought him to the only conclusion plausible.

"Jelly must have been ambushed.  Follow those tracks Draco but cautiously.  I do not want to be ambushed as well" said Alan.

"Yes Sir" replied Draco as he started to follow the tracks slowly.

Alan raised his weapon in readiness and followed Draco, Ken close behind.  Alan's eyes wandered around the trees and at every bush, expecting trouble to come from anywhere.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  183
March 19, 2008 1:04:35 PM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco looked closely for tracks or hints of anything that could lead them to the rest of the squad. It was becoming a more difficult task due to the fact that it was night, and the lightening flashes were not helping at all to say the least.

His heart began beating so quick that it threatened to jump right out of his chest when the reality of the situation sank in and simmered on his brain like bantha burger on a hot grill. The tracks had run dry. There was nothing. He became flustered as his hope for finding the rest of his squad seemed to be in vein.

It can't be, there's always something. Nobody ever physically disappears and that seems the only senario for no tracks at all. Calm yourself Draco, your too flustered and tired. Don't give in this time. Fight back.

Draco closed his eyes and took a deep relaxing breath. The scent of rain in the air washed over his lungs like the grand falls of Naboo on a hot summer day. It relaxed him greatly as it cooled the blazing inferno that was prominent just moments before. He opened his eyes and slowly scanned every twig, leave and grain of dirt in the area. The rain seemed to have erased all tracks in the soggy mud, but it couldn't eliminate the physical evidence. Draco's eyes hovered on a nearby bush. He approached and bent over and retrieved a small piece of plastic, a piece of stormtrooper armor to be exact. He handed it to Alan and returned to the bush and began moving his hands around to push limbs around.

There, just barely, etched into the dirt like some prehistoric fossil was more dragging tracks. "There!" Draco shouted as he began jogging once again in some unknown direction. Alan and Ken followed suit and they quickly found themselves peeking out into another clearing. In the middle of this clearing sprouted a bunker of some sort. There were two  guards patroling the area armed with leashes. At the other end of those leashes, growling, snareling and hungry Nexus.
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  808
March 20, 2008 8:45:39 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked at the growling snarling Nexus.  Damn they look nasty thought Alan as they growled and he noticed their sharp teeth.  Alan had never seen a Nexus before and he hoped that this would be his last time.

The Nexus suddenly started tugging and pulling on their leashes.  One of the guards leant down to the Nexus and said something to it.  I wonder what's going on thought Alan as he looked on.  The Nexus howled and tugged harder on their leashes.  In an instant, both leashes were unclasped from the Nexus and they howled and glanced directly at Alan.

I have a bad feeling about this thought Alan as he looked directly at one of the Nexus, never breaking eye contact.  He wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but never having encountered them before, he was just having to wing it.

Alan soon decided that the tactic of staring down the Nexus was a bad one when they both took off directly at Alan and his squad's location.

"Move!" shouted Alan into his com.

He didn't need to tell his squad what to do because as soon as they spotted both Nexus's bounding after them, they decided that evading was a good tactic at this time and started making hasty tracks deep in the jungle.

Alan could feel the Nexus not far behind them and began to wonder how they were going to make a stand and fight of it before the Nexus overtook them and tore them to shreds.

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
DracoKorr
ComNet Initiate

DracoKorr

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  184
March 26, 2008 9:28:52 AM    View the profile of DracoKorr 
Draco heard Alan scream the order. "Move!" Just then, thunder rocked the area side by side with a magnificent flash of lightning that put the planet in instant day light. They turned and ran, not looking back at the Nexu. Draco led and Ken and Alan followed so close behind him that he could hear their heavy breathing through the restriction that his helmet put on his hearing.

Every second he could hear the growls and cries of the lethal Nexu getting closer and closer, gaining on them quckly. Draco shouted, "This way Iron Horse!" As another crack of thunder ripped through the area, at least he hoped it was thunder and not the sound of a Nexu pounding upon Stormtrooper armor. He darted right and bushes, trees and vines smacked at him like an angry wife beating her husband for cheating. He didn't let it slow him down any though, too much adrinaline pumping through him had him wired and ready to blow. With a full head of steam, Draco pushed on.

Shortly after, Draco located a small fissure in between some rock structure that seemed very out of place in a thicket of trees and plants. Nevertheless, it would have to do. It appeared to be large enough for single beings to get through one at a time, but not large enough to accomedate the large frame of a Nexu. The squad followed and they dove for the safty of the rocks.

They stood just in time to see the starving Nexu smash headlong into the rock structure, and just as Draco had estimated, it was to narrow of a gap for them to enter. Draco approached Alan and hunched over with his hands on his thighs, bracing himself as he attempted to reclaim his breath. "Sir. I saw tracks heading into that bunker. I believe the rest of the squad to be contained inside. We need to get in and assist them."

Another flash of light. *BOOM* thunder rolled across the forest again, casting eriee shadows that made almost every tree in the area seem like a massive monster.
[This message has been edited by DracoKorr (edited March 26, 2008 9:33:21 AM)]
Ken Alibek
ComNet Novice

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  51
Total Posts:  199
March 26, 2008 10:38:45 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
Ken looked back towards the rock structure and the grounded nexu. He shook his head and kept looking around nervously. As Alan began to approach him, he pulled out his blaster pistol and fired three shots into the fallen nexu's skull.

"Calm down, Ken," Alan said, "we lost them. We've got to get back to the bunker."

"No," Ken declared in a wavering voice, "we can't move yet. There's another nexu! They're from the damn jungle! He's still here!"

Draco slowly nodded. "He's right. The other one is probably somewhere nearby, seeing what we'll do. We've got to find him."

Alan sighed. "I did not want to hear that. But if that's the case, that's the case. What else can you tell me?"

"Sharp claws, long tail, and fast reflexes. Never hunted them, but I've heard from those who have. They say they're cautious and tire quickly, though. That's all I have for you."

"Alright, Draco, good information. Let's find that cat. Snake formation on me."

The squad fell into place behind Alan, and they began to double back towards the bunker, watching carefully, especially with IR mode. 30 seconds or so went by with no sightings, until Ken's voice quietly came over the radio.

"Don't look now, but I've found him. He's been up in the trees over us the whole time. I'm going to take the shot, OK?"

Without breaking stride, Alan came back to give his permission. "You've got the shot. Make it count."

In a flash, Ken's rifle was aimed at the cat's head. Feline instincts are faster than human hands, however, and the cat was already dropping down on him when the bolt sailed into the nexu's head, missing the brain, but severing the spinal cord. The paralyzed beast dropped heavily onto him, slamming him into the ground with a tremendous thud. His squadmates rushed to him, rolled the body off of him, then scrambled its brain with their own rifles.

"Are you alright, Ken?" Alan asked, extending his hand to help him up.

Ken grasped the hand and pulled himself up, then clutched his chest plate. He slowly caught the breath that had been knocked out of him. He wheezed a bit and answered, "I think I might have cracked a rib, Sarge, but I'll be OK."

Alan nodded, frowning. "Can you still fight?" he asked.

Ken nodded vigorously. "I'm not gonna die here!"

Alan smiled. "Good. Alright, squad, on me. Let's bust this bunker."

Lance Corporal Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/LCPL Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Ken Alibek (edited March 27, 2008 12:08:29 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Ken Alibek (edited March 31, 2008 1:27:03 AM)]
Ken Alibek
ComNet Novice

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  54
April 3, 2008 2:22:29 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
Alan took the lead as his team returned to the bunker. He noticed Ken moving awkwardly, so he moved him to the middle of the formation. His injury can wait, Alan reasoned, but the mission must continue.

"Squad, stay sharp. Draco, expect trouble behind us. Those nexu handlers might have followed us, and they might have been reinforced."

"Wilco," Draco replied succinctly.

Alan didn't approach the front this time, opting to approach slowly from the side and observe the entrance before assaulting the enemy position. He proceeded slowly, turning over the scenarios they might encounter when they enter the bunker.

Before long, they reached the edge of the clearing. Alan went low with his macrobinoculars, scouting out the entrance. The nexu handlers were nowhere to be seen, and the way to the door was clear. The lack of threats made Alan's hair stand on end.

"Alright, coast looks clear. Too clear, but we have to keep moving. Follow me and keep your eyes peeled."

The squad advanced up to the side of the bunker, then crept along to the front. Still no enemies! Finally they reached the door and Alan examined the controls.

"Shit. I guess the other team already hot-wired the door, and the rebs jumped it out of the circuit to keep it from happening again. We'll have to blast the door."

"Awfully noisy," Ken mused.

"I'm open to suggestions," Alan said. No ideas came forward, so Alan tugged a thermal detonator from his waist and fixed it to the door. He set the timer and followed his squad around the corner, safe from flying debris.

In fifteen seconds the detonator went off, breaking the heavy door off of its track. Alan's team immediately entered with their weapons drawn. The smoke cleared to reveal an open space defended by two small gun stations on either side of an elevator door. Iron Horse found both gun stations manned, but quickly remedied the problem by the rapid and precise application of blaster fire.

Alan grinned. The terrorists may have gotten the drop on them at first, but now the Iron Horse squad was on the offensive.

Lance Corporal Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/LCPL Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  818
April 7, 2008 7:34:10 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Once they were inside the bunker, Alan went on the com to see if he could raise Jelly.

"Jelly, come in Jelly.  Do you read me?" queried Alan.

His transmission was met with static.  Great, either the comms are being jammed or Jelly is unable to respond thought Alan as he and the rest of the squad moved slowly down the long narrow corridors.

The corridors were sparsely populated.  Every so often they would round a corner to find one or two soldiers which they quickly downed with accurate shots to the head.  The fact that the bunker was so pitifully defended bothered Alan.  If Jelly and the troops under his command had been captured then surely the soldiers in this bunker would be expecting a rescue pondered Alan.

"Sir, over here!" called out Ken.

Alan rushed over to Ken's location and saw that behind a force field were Jelly and the troops.  Finally, something is going right thought Alan as he watched them through the force field.  Jelly was trying to say something but Alan could not make out what it was.

"Get that force field down Ken, whatever it takes" said Alan.

"Yes Sir" replied Ken as he moved to the locking mechanism and started to take it apart.

In no time at all the field flickered and died and then Alan was able to hear what Jelly had been saying.

"It's a trap!" shouted Jelly.

Aw hell thought Alan as alarm klaxons suddenly started blaring and the sound of approaching soldiers filled the hallway.  Alan couldn't tell how many there were but he knew from the vibrations under his boots that there was a lot.

Alan quickly hurried the troops into a defensive position and there they waited for the oncoming soldiers.  They had been sprung in the trap and now it was up to Iron Horse to fight there way out of the trap.
SL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
Ken Alibek
ComNet Novice
Imperial Supporter

Ken Alibek

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  69
April 17, 2008 1:27:42 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
"It's a trap!" shouted Jelly.

Ken looked over his shoulder as the alarms began sounding. He immediately unslung his rifle and fried the inside of the force field control panel, making sure the cell wouldn't be closed for days. He spun around the doorway of the cell, using it as cover from which to attack the rebels. He ripped his pistol from his side and slapped it into Jelly's hand, getting the ASL back into the fight.

Meanwhile, Alan wasted no time. Before the rebels were even in view, he calmly called "frag out" and hurled a grenade down the passage towards the advancing soldiers. Right on time, the enemies poured round the corner and stared down at the floor for a stunned instant. When the grenade exploded, the first wave of enemies was decimated. Despite the casualties, the rebs continued to stream into the passage, taking up firing positions along the walls, and around the corners. Iron Horse kept their attackers from advancing, only occasionally managing to kill them.

Alan realized that with half of his squad unarmed, it would be foolish to fight this force of unknown strength head-on. He decided that the situation called for an immediate withdrawal. He considered leaving the way they had come, but that route was probably already crawling with soldiers, and either way, it required them to use an elevator that could be remotely shut off. They would have to withdraw farther into the base, where the defenders wouldn't have concentrated their forces.

"Squad, we've got to get out of this fight and go in deeper. Ken, you follow me. Saph, Anival, Recruit, you stay in the middle. Jelly and Draco, bring up the rear. Let's go!"

Draco made sure all the rebs heard him when he shouted "FRAG OUT!" but then slipped into formation without hurling anything. While the rebels took cover from the assumed grenade, Alan's squad moved aggressively through the unfamiliar installation.
[This message has been edited by Ken Alibek (edited May 6, 2008 12:31:26 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  823
May 1, 2008 7:44:41 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad double timed it deeper into the facility.  For the moment it looked like they had lost their pursuers.  Alan had hoped that the phoney grenade would slow them down and it looked like it had. 

"Thanks for getting us out" said Jelly as he moved over to Alan's side.

"No problems, you'd have done the same for me" replied Alan.

"So, what's the plan?" queried Jelly.

"Way I see it, the scientist or scientists responsible are in this facility.  Only way to ensure that they die is to destroy the facility" commented Alan.

"The generator" said Jelly, more stating rather than asking.

"You got it" replied Alan, pleased to find that his ASL was thinking along the lines that he was.  Find the generator, set the charges then escape and watch the entire facility go up in a blaze of glory.

It felt like they had been walking for hours when they finally located and arrived at the generator.  Alan had been surprised that they had not come across any patrols but he then decided that the rebels were taking up defensive positions around the exits and would merely wait for them to try to escape.  I can't think about that right now thought Alan as he and the rest of the squad set about laying charges around the generator.  Once the timer had been set, the squad started making tracks towards the nearest exit, hoping that they could escape in time.

Once the squad neared the exit, they immediately heard the voices of numerous rebels.  Just what I feared thought Alan as he quickly peeked round the corner to see what it was they were up against.  He spotted a lot of rebels, too many to quickly count.

"Grenades" whispered Alan to the rest of the squad.

Draco and Ken both shouted "frag out!" and hurled grenades down the corridor.  The corridor shook with the explosions and several rebels could be heard screaming.

"Frag out!" shouted Alan as he motioned his squad to advance quickly.  I don't know whether this trick will work again thought Alan as he rounded the corner with his weapon raised.

Alan was surprised to find the remaining rebels that hadn't been killed in the explosions cowering against the walls, fearful of any further grenades.  The squad caught them completely by surprise and the rebels didn't stand a chance.

Alan looked at his watch and quickly shouted "move!"

The squad didn't need to be told a second time as everyone ran out of the facility.  Mere seconds later and the facility exploded in a blinding flash of light.

Only one more thing left to do thought Alan as he led the squad back to the first facility.  There lay the body of the super soldier and of their fallen comrade, Vince.  The squad erected a pile and watched both bodies burn.  Alan lowered his head solemnly as the fire put finality of the soldier and to Vince.

The squad boarded the shuttle and Alan informed the pilots of the ship that contained the chemical weapons.  The pilot assured Alan that they would inform Headquarters and send in a retrieval squad.

The ship took off and Alan took one final look at the planet, knowing it was Vince's resting place.  He glanced out at the stars and pondered I wonder if we have seen the last of the Alderaanian rebels.

The End.
SL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

IronHorseSquad

Army of the Vast Empire
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Alderaan Strikes Back (Iron Horse)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:54:12 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 198  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >