Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Sith Spit (Raiders)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Sith Spit (Raiders)
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  772
Total Posts:  1920
  RE: Sith Spit (Raiders)
November 2, 2007 1:51:27 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Even from orbit, the damage to the facility was visible. Huge craters had been blown through the durasteel armour, with clouds of ebony smoke from destroyed equipment and fires rising through the gaps.

At first, the TIE Bomber "egglayer" squadrons had focused on destroying the turbolaser batteries and shield generators. The attack had been so swift and unexpected that the shields had been destroyed within eight seconds of detection and eighty percent of the defenses had been slagged by the time the first gunners had begun returning fire.
After they had crushed the defenses, the bomber groups had conducted saturation bombing. Thankfully,and somewhat suprisingly, the base hadn't collapsed. Soon,some bright spark in the Thrawnist command chain decided that the VE forces might have valuable information and had stopped the bombing, sending in stormtrooper squads and Intelligence officials.

The squad had already run into several groups of those. Usually, well aimed frags or blaster bolts managed to take care of them, but one robust Intelligence official had almost gotten away. Three blaster bolts to the back later, he stopped trying to flee .

Now, Raiders was making its way through the maze of maintenance tunnels that supplemented the main corridors.  Dante stepped on his still twitching hand, grinding it beneath his heel. He removed a depleted power cell from his dee-ce sev, letting it drop onto the ground. He pushed a replacement in and the weapon emmited a low, almost musical chime. He lifted the rife to firing positon, checked to see how much ammo he had left, and followed his squadmates onwards.

Faint noises were comming from ahead. Based on the sounds, despite distortion from echoes and distance, Dante could tell the shots were from E-11's. A new and much deeper sound started echoing through the deserted halls.

Looks like the Thrawnists are mopping up some loyalist soliders. One of them has an E-Web if my ears aren't deceiving me.

Joamer apparently came to the same conclusion, as he made a single fingered gesture. As one, the fire team charged, hoping that they would not arrive too late.

They caught the Thrawnists entirely be surprise. Under different circumstances Dante might have found the expression on one officer's face amusing: he looked like he had seen Darth Vader's ghost. Beams of red energy ripped through durasteel and plastoid armour before bouncing off walls, making the fight even deadlier.
A black uniformed Thrawnist NCO screamed from suprise and shock as a crimson beam vapped his right arm. He collapsed to the ground and started moaning, only to be put out of his misery by a Vast Imperial stormtrooper.

A quick death was more than he deserved.

The VE troopers who had been originally fighting the Thrawnists quickly rejoined the fight, flanking the enemy. The tide quickly began to tun, with Thrawnists dropping like mynocks.

A stray blaster bolt bounced off the ceiling, hitting the E-Web's power source. Dante watched as it turned into a fireball, killing the Thrawnist manning the weapon and slagging its barrel.

Time to mop up and signal for evac. I've had too many suprises on this op already and I don't particularly want any more.
TRP/PFC Dante/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Quote:And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 2, 2007 6:05:09 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  661
Total Posts:  1091
November 2, 2007 10:36:19 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon came flying out the stairwell, crimson bolts flying all around him creating a brilliant light show, a very deadly one at that. The sound of a roaring E-Web could be heard above all else, ripping through almost anything that stood in its path. An orange ball erupted not to far  from him, tearing limbs off of allied soldiers, sending them hurtling through the air.

Leon dug himself into a heap of durasteel, trying to make himself as small a target as possible. He flinched again as a thermal detonator exploded not to far from him, sending pieces of shrapnel everywhere. A small tiny piece had grazed his left cheek, the warm blood slowly trickling out. His adrenaline suddenly started pumping, pushing him to take action… To try and take control of the situation.

He brought a hand down to his utility belt, fumbling to unclip one of the three Thermal Detonators that were hooked onto it. A familiar metallic click sounded as he pulled the explosive off. Pressing his thumb on the red glowing button, Leon held it there for three seconds before releasing and launching the grenade from his make-shift bunk.

He quickly ducked back behind his bunk, listening to enemy trooper’s frantic shouts of terror. A millisecond later, he heard the familiar sound of a grenade detonating, sending pieces of shrapnel in all directions.

“Auughh my leg!! My leg!! Medic!!”

Leon couldn’t keep himself from smiling, but quickly regained his composure and took a peak out of his bunk. He had dealt a nasty blow to the Thrawn trooper’s, but just as soon as he took some out, more came to replace them. He brought his A280 Blaster Rifle up to firing position, and began triggering three round bursts of crimson death. He managed to take one enemy trooper out before ducking his head back in, narrowly escaping a quick but painful death.

“C’mon, don’t stop firing, bring the heat!!!” Shouted one eager VE Trooper, trying to encourage his fellow squad mates. “We gotta show ‘em that they can’t win, do not let them push forward!!”

Two allied trooper’s launched grenades at the opposing force, sending enemy trooper’s scattering about. The E-Web was there to cover their backs though, and the result of the VE’s efforts were almost useless. Even then, the VE was beginning to fight with more intensity, showing that even though they were out numbered, they could fight just as hard. Leon quickly snapped two, three round bursts, successfully landing a hit on one of the enemy trooper’s. The E-Web caused him to duck back behind the bunk again, letting out a frustrated grunt as he did so.

Leon turned his head around, seeing one of his allied troopers get cut down just as he did so. Seconds later two more fell, but Leon still maintained his composure, not letting the allied losses get to him.

BOOM

A loud eruption sounded on the opposite side of the corridor, and Leon couldn’t believe what he was hearing. It was to good to be true.

“We did it, they’re all gone!!” Shouted one triumphant soldier.

Leon stuck his head out of his bunk, not believing what he was seeing. What seemed to be an unstoppable force was now obliterated, pools of blood and limbs strewn across the metallic white floor. Among the gory scene stood eight white clad trooper’s, one of them being a very, very, VERY familiar face.

Leon let out a small grin, one that contained sincere happiness, and one he hadn’t used in a long time….
Raiders
TRP/SGT Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Namyr
ComNet Initiate

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  173
Total Posts:  255
November 3, 2007 8:37:30 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
“We did it, they’re all gone!!” Rogueboy yelled grabbing Namyr around the waist and swinging her around Namyr laughed and playfully pounded on his back.

"Come on Rogueboy let me down!" she chuckled and her feet were set back on the floor. Namyr picked up one of her blades and pulled out another she had thrown into one of the enemy soldiers. Then, almost like slow motion in a movie, Namyr turned her head to see a familiar form coming through the smoke and dust, "Leon?" she asked her mouth hanging open, movement behind her from the Raider's squad stopped as well.

"Leon!" Namyr yelled out running forward and throwing her arms around the younger trooper, forgetting her cold, tough shell and hugging the man she considered a little brother, "Oh Goddess Leon, you're alive," she managed to choke out as she tried to hold back tears, she gave him a gentle, motherly kiss to the forehead.

"Hey Nams are you going to share Leon with the rest of us?' Rogueboy quipped as Namyr let go of Leon and gave Rogueboy a dirty look.

"She digs me, you know it," Rogueboy chuckled watching Namyr go back to pulling weapons off the bodies, "Hey, Leon, glad to have you back," Rogueboy then mentioned casually ruffling Leon's hair who scowled, "Seriously, I'm serious," he added with a roguish grin.

Darr cleared his throat, "Leon, we can always use the help."

Namyr was pulling a rifle out of the hand of an enemy that had to be no older then seventeen, she let out a sigh and shouldered the weapon, "Tough, isn't it?' Rogueboy murmured in her ear causing Namyr to jump.

"Rogue, I have a rifle in my hand and an itchy trigger finger surprising me is not wise," Namyr said smirking as she turned to look at him, then frowned at Rogueboy's serious expression.

"You never answered me."

"What?"

Rogueboy rolled his eyes and looked around, "Why do you insist on staying with Riqimo, why won't you be with me?"

Namyr bit her lip, wondering if she knew the answer herself, "Because, things are tough between us now, I mean that's obvious. But...."

'But what Nams," Rogueboy said his voice going low and serious.

"I'm not sure, there's just something about him, how he use to be. I most I can say Rogue is that I've lived without both of you and Riqimo is the only one I can't live without," Namyr said choking out the words, "No, that sounded bad."

"It's true though," Rogueboy said his hand turning into a fist, "Maybe, maybe if I had made you happy first or if I hadn't hesitated things would have been different. You look...different when you talk about him, softer. Namyr I'm sorry I can't give you what you want. But..."

"But what Alex'eswo?' Namyr said gently reaching out her hand and touching his face which was already getting rough from stubble.

"I'll be here, for you," he whispered in her ear in such a way that goosebumps stood up on Namyr's body before he walked away.

"Hey Darr let's get this party started!" Rogueboy shouted walking over to the rest of the squad, which Namyr joined shortly after.
SGT Namyr

+AdvanceReconCommandos{ARC}+

+CombatMedic+

A doctor cures people. A medic just helps people feel more comfortable, while they die.

Twi'lek word dictionary

http://www.peach-tree.org/Ryloth/TwiInfo/Lexicon.htm
[This message has been edited by Namyr (edited November 3, 2007 8:38:40 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  774
November 3, 2007 2:38:24 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The explosion was a classic affair, almost like a holovid blast. The energy cells erupted in a fireball, sending shrapnel everywhere and converting the E-Web into an oversized frag grenade. The gunner's charred remains were thrown into a wall before sliding to the ground. Bits of melted armour dripped off the man's frame and onto the ground.

His comrades didn't fare much better. They had taken cover behind a portable combat barrier, with the E-Web stationed behind them. Ironically, this arrangement ensured that they received much more damage from ricocheting sharpnel than they otherwise would have while shielding the Loyalist troops.

Raiders had also been under cover, ensuring that damage from the E-Web's destruction  was minimal.

Dante did a quick scan of the area but saw only shattered torsos and bloody limbs.

"We did it, they’re all gone!!” shouted Rogueboy.

Are you sure? There might be more on their way.

Dante was about to express this sentiment to Rogueboy when blasterfire erupted anew. A Vast Imperial stormtrooper fell face first, a smoking hole in his back. Before he hit the ground, five more red beams lanced through the air, with two htting their targets.

Chaos take this mission.

Thrawnist reinforcements had arrived too late for the fighters in the cafeteria but they were doing a good job of taking out the Vast Imperials. They had brought another E-Web and they were lugging it down the stairwell. Dante aimed and shot a single bolt.
On the other side of the room, one of the troopers supporting the E-Web screamed and fell down the stairs, the left side of his his T-visor shattered.

Deadly bolts of crimson energy lanced through the air, filling it with lethal lines. Bolts impacted on the walls, causing a pilar to crumble. More troopers on both sides fell, but more Thrawnists were joining the fight.

Eventually they'll win through sheer force of numbers. We'd better come up with something and do it fast.

The E-Web lay abandoned in the middle of the room, a gapping hole in its barrel. Beside Dante, a member of the local garrison crumpled like a rag doll, chest turned into blackened slag. Dante was aiming and about to fire on a stormtrooper commander when he saw that there was a small, round objext hissing at his feet.

Stang.

In one fluid motion, Dante dropped his rifle, picked up the grenade and hurled it at the commander. It went off when it was halfway there, spraying all the combatants with shrapnel. One piece penetrated the man's skull, killing him instantly.   
One down, Force knows how many more to go.
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Raiders
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  664
November 3, 2007 5:00:04 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon let the warmth of Namyr's hug wash over him, bringing a certain happiness that he hadn't experienced in a long time. He kept himself from smiling though, his mouth in a grim line underneath his beard. The two exchanged words, and as usual, Rogueboy made a sly but extremely funny remark.

Shoom shoom shoom

Crimson ray's of death narrowly flew by the squad, just missing their targets, and some nailing them dead on. Leon quickly ran for cover, finding a column that provided enough space for him to hide his whole body. He stuck half of his head out, taking a quick sweep of the enemies posistions, taking a mental note of where they were currently located.

Damnit I wish we weren't fighting in such a narrow space, there's no where to move!

Leon pressed himself tightly against the column, almost as if he were expecting it to suck him up and take him somewhere else. Unfortunately that wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

He needed to move, staying in one spot for to long meant death, he needed to be the aggressor and take control of the situation. Being under control was a must in the field of combat. But he wasn't used to fighting in such closed spaces.

This made him resort to something he hadn't used in a while, something that didn't appeal to his taste at all.

Team Work....

He quickly spotted Darr-Rann, currently sending a volley of blaster fire at the enemy trooper's. Rogue could be seen close by, using a heap of rubble as cover.

"Rogue! You think you can give me a little boost?" Shouted Leon.

Rogue gave Leon a puzzled look, flinching as a volley of bolts crashed into his make-shift bunk.

"Look, do me a favor and launch a nade. It should give me enough time to get close, and after that I have everything under control. Just gimme some cover fire!!"

Rogue nodded, fumbling with the Thermal Detonator's that lay at his waist. He depressed the red button, stood up from his cover, and launched the grenade as hard as he possibly could. A bolt grazed his left shoulder plate, to close for comfort.

Second's later, an explosion resounded throughout the cooridor, signaling for Leon to begin his mad dash to the enemies position. He pumped his legs and arm's as fast as he could. The scene below him was slowly starting to unfold, and the Thrawn trooper's were beginning to recover from the well aimed Grenade.

As he ran, Leon whipped out one of his own Thermal Detonators, depressing the button and activating it. With one swift motion, Leon launched the grenade over the enemies make-shift bunker, sending them scattering about like little animals fleeing for shelter.

He brought his A280 up to firing position, took a knee, and began pumping bolt after bolt into enemy bodies. The rest of the Raider's followed his lead, and soon Thrawn trooper's were being cut down like nothing.

Second's later, it was over. Thanks to quick thinking from Leon and his squad mate's, they had successfully destroyed the enemy.... Or at least some of it.
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  778
November 3, 2007 5:21:27 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The once pristine cafeteria was in ruins, with the tables and chairs overturned, the support pillars in ruins, and a carpet of corpses and pieces of corpses.

A light flickered then went out, leaving the cafeteria in darkness.

"Flashlights."

The room was filled with the bright glow of over a dozen flashlights, which cast harsh light over the room.
A trigger clicked as Dante activated his rifle's safety.

Better not to shoot myself in the foot.

He holstered his DC-17, as he was almost out of power cells, and pushed a full load of ammo into

"Majority of hostiles down. Two hostiles wounded."

"Roger that."

"Darr, what do we do with them?"

Darr Rann paused and Dante saw that the squad leader was pondering what to do.

We can hardly leave them behind to alert others. Yet if we execute them in cold blood, how are we better than the Thrawnists?

"Set for stun."

A trooper from Razor Squad hurried to comply, stunning both of the Thrawnists.

"Take their helmets, armour and weapons. Then tie then to the pillar."

The squad moved on, leaving the two troopers in their wake.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 4, 2007 7:43:54 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 4, 2007 7:44:38 AM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  667
November 4, 2007 2:15:23 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon took one last glimpse at the Thrawn Trooper's, making sure they were tied down nice and tight. This wasn't exactly Leon's style and he would have much rather preffered executing them, especially after some of the incidents that occured on Tatooine.

If a fool tries to kill you, make sure he's dead. 'Cus if not, he'll come back for your head.

Leon smiled at the old saying, remembering when he had first been told that.

Good 'ol Jasper.... Damn, I miss that old man. I'll make sure to contact him after the mission.

Darr-Rann turned to face the group of Storm Trooper's, his face showing no emotion whatsoever. "So does anyone have any idea as to how we're getting out of this place?"

Leon looked around at everyone else, completely dumbfounded. One of the Razor Squad member's stepped forward, a very young looking man with jet black hair that was close cut, his eye's as dark as night. "Sir..." Piped the Razor Squad member.

"I do know a way that can get us out of this place alive. There happens to be a secret service lift that's used for emergency's only. Now if we can reach this lift, then we'll out get of here in no time."

"What's the catch?" Asked Darr with a questioning glance.

"Yeah I was just getting there... We need to manually access the backup generator in order to use the lift. Now way back when, there used to be a generator on every floor, but due to the lack of materials we've been forced to improvise, causing us to take almost every single one out. The only one left remains on floor 4B."

"Alright then what are we waiting for? Let's get moving." Darr-Rann turned to Marka. "Is there anyway we can level this place after we get out of here?"

Marka smiled.

"Yeah, there just might be a way we can do that."

(OOC: Dante, I'm short on time so try and think of a way we can blow this hell hole up.)
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited November 4, 2007 3:54:18 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited November 4, 2007 3:55:44 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  780
November 4, 2007 10:27:56 PM    View the profile of Dante 
"So does anyone have any idea as to how we're getting out of this place?"

Run like a Dark Lord was behind us?

"I do know a way that can get us out of this place alive. There happens to be a secret service lift that's used for emergency's only."

Brilliant. There has to be something else. If we're getting off this easy, Thrawn is a lot less persistent than he should be.

"We need to manually access the backup generator in order to use the lift. Now way back when, there used to be a generator on every floor, but due to the lack of materials we've been forced to improvise, causing us to take almost every single one out. The only one left remains on floor 4B."

I'm overjoyed to hear it. Any other surprises?

"Alright then what are we waiting for? Let's get moving."

"Is there anyway we can level this place after we get out of here?"

"Yeah, there just might be a way we can do that. According to the last status report sent in by our troops, the Thrawnist Dreadnaught Unconquered made a crash landing close to the base after a proton torpedo vapped its bridge. All surviving personnel vacated the ship. The engines are still running and a slicer might be able to rig them to blow. It's a long shot..."

Marka shrugged.

"But it's the only one we have."

Darr stood still, pondering their course of action.

"Like you said, it's our only hope. Get moving."

Their morale boosted by the possibility of escape, the Raiders and the remnants of Razor Squad moved out, leaving only drained power cells and slagged walls to show that they had been there.

The footsteps of the squads echoed off the battered walls and blackened floors. Many in them were clutching bacta patches to gaping and blackened wounds. Almost all limped along, eyes ringed by soot and flesh charred and burned by sparks or near misses. Some were clutching E-11's, others slugthrowers raided from armouries or hostiles. All were clad in the stark white armour that, for better or for worse, was the defining sign of the Empire. The suits of many were barely recognizable as such, so damaged were they. Blaster-blackened craters in some sets attested to battles barely won or won at terrible price. Grimly, they trudged on.

There was a crackle and Darr instantly held up his hand, palm out.
The squads halted, bringing their weapons up to firing position.

Darr made a series of two two finger gestures, and all troopers with scoped or long range weapons hurried to the front of the formation.

Darr clenched his fist.

Instantly, half a dozen sniper rifle and heavy weapons opened fire, vaporized the majority of the Thrawnist squad on the lower level of the main meetign hall. The survivors, shocked and disoriented, didn't even attempt to return fire. Instad they fled, only to receive blaster bolts in the back for their trouble.

That's done it. It's likely that one or more of them called for help and this room is too open. Up here on the catwalk, we have a slight advantage, but that'll evaporate once they figure out where we are and send another group through that door. Chaos take this blasted mission!

As if to prove him, right, several troopers burst through the main door and quickly fell to a hail of blaster fire. However more were on their way, a fact shown by the explosion of a doorseal. Through its slagged remains, even more troopers advanced into the room.

Dante turned a fallen trooper over and retrieved her supply of power cells. He shoved one into his deece severnteen and adjusted it to automatic fire.
If I have to die, at least I'll take a couple of the Sithspawn with me.
Gritting his teeth, Dante flipped the safety and opened fire.

Raiders
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  676
November 5, 2007 8:46:07 PM    View the profile of Leon 
“Sith Spit!!” Shouted Leon over the roar of blaster fire and explosions. The enemy was flooding in through every nook and cranny, reminding him of little insects, only a lot more dangerous, and these one’s also happened to have nasty stingers. “Hey Rogue!” Shouted Leon, gunning down an enemy trooper as he did so. “You happen to have any cigg’s on you?”

“Damnit Leon, I thought you didn’t smoke?!?”

“Well things change when yo-“ He pushed an allied trooper down, a crimson stinger of death narrowly missing his head. “Like I was saying, things change when you leave to other places. Let’s just say I picked up a couple of bad habits!”

In one swift motion, Rogue seemingly made the Cigarette appear out of thin air. He tossed it over to Leon and resumed raining down bolts on the enemy. “I don’t have a lighter, but I’m pretty sure you can improvise.”

Leon turned over to one of his fallen comrades that was nothing more then a burning corpse. He kneeled down and put the tip of the Cigarette into the flame, taking a long drag before getting up on his own two feet. “Ahhh that’s better, thanks a lot Rogue.”

Rogue turned to Leon in disgust. “You’re sick man, real sick.”

“Well hey, at least he’s still useful.”

Leon resumed putting hole’s the size of fists into his enemies, the stench of burnt flesh strong in the air. As the group of Vast Imperial Storm Trooper’s did so, they were slowly making their way to the other side of the Cat Walk, making sure they took down as many of Thrawn’s forces as they could. All the while, Leon was acting as if it were a stroll in the park, death didn’t mean a thing to him, and he knew it wouldn’t come.

No….. Only he can kill me…. And only I can kill him.

Seconds later, Leon was in an entirely different room, and the Slicer’s quickly made sure the door was sealed shut, setting up a couple of trip mines on either side of it. Who ever did manage to make it through that door was definitely not getting out of here in one piece.

“C’mon Trooper’s let’s move, to much ground to cover in to little time!” Shouted Darr-Rann, urging the battle fatigued trooper’s to push on. The group of soldiers started jogging, once again finding themselves in the never ending corridors of the complex. A couple of minutes later, they found themselves in front of one of the many stair well’s that lay within the complex. Darr-Rann rushed through the door, leading the pack of stray soldier’s.

If the trooper’s encountered no resistance on the way up, then they’d be pretty much free. The chances of that happening were slim to none, but hey, there was nothing wrong with trying to stay positive.

Just as Leon was about to set his foot on another flight of step’s, a tremor rippled through the complex, so powerful that it knocked him off his feet. It lasted for three more seconds before abruptly coming to a halt, the sound of Dura-Steel groaning under the force of what ever it was that caused the tremor.

“Everyone! Get out of here now, the stair’s are going to collapse!”

Leon didn’t even take a second to think about it. He quickly dived out of the stair well, the sound of tearing Dura-Steel coming from within. Seconds later, many more white clad trooper’s poured out of the entrance, the sound of the stair well collapsing close on their heels. Thankfully everyone had managed to make it out alive, but they still needed to reach their destination.

We’re only on floor 6B…. We really need to hurry up.
Raiders
TRP/SGT Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]/[BC]/[BoH]
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Rogueboy
ComNet Veteran

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  1198
Total Posts:  2089
November 5, 2007 10:13:21 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Darr signalled a break, it was an odd move but the squad needed it for the wounded. Sentries were set up and Darr was talking to one of the Razor squad troops. There were bodies on the floor and Rogue turned over a nearby corpse and fished inside his armour; finding what he wanted he pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

Rogue used the slight flame at the end of his flamethrower to light up the cigarette and took a long haul; it was irregular for him to smoke he did it only when stressed/near death. Blowing the smoke out it seemed to lessen the stench of death and a few other troops lit up their own some with shaky hands but a lot of the troops seemed to draw comfort with their cigs.

Namyr sat down next to Rogue. “Stressed are we?”

“Just a little, you try walking around with an oversized explosive strapped to your back with frag grenades spitting shards of metal at you.” Rogue said bluntly. “There is no fate but what we make.”

The red Twi’lek gave Rogue a playful punch to the soldier. “Don’t go soft on me, otherwise who else am I going to rely on?”

“Well you have Leon.” Rogue said softly

“Rogue are you jealous about Leon, now too?” Namyr almost shouted.

“No, I’m just really not happy with our current situation.” Rogue was taken aback by Nam’s sudden outburst.

“Well Riq and I...” Rogue quickly cut Nams off.

“Not that situation, I’ve come to accept that I am not your number one anymore. I was referring to our situation down here.”

“Oh that...You know Rogue there is no point worrying about things you can’t change.” Namyr said matter of factly.

“You know its reasons like that I love you so much.” Rogue said.

OOC: Bah dunno what to do, also I started working on this before Leons post got out, so lets say it happened before the staircase
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -King Leonidas, 300

ASL/GSG_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2]

Clearly Canadian!

http://rizzit.stormtroopercorps.com/rewards/Raiders/Rogueboy.jpg
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  786
November 5, 2007 10:54:29 PM    View the profile of Dante 
There was a shrieking as the metal tore like so many sheets of flimsiplast. Bolts shot off walls and bounced in all directions as the metal plates of the stair well collapsed. The collapsing metal plates clanked on each other, and the din was magnified by the confines of the shaft until all that could be heard was a roar like that of a monstrous beats in pain. Dust drifted out of the now impassable shaft and coated the surviving Vast Imperials, turning their armour a light grey.

If that doesn't get the Thrawnists's attention, nothing will. We were lucky no full scale alarm had been set off before. Looks like our luck is running out.

Darr Rann, helmet tucked under his arm, surveyed the area then turned to face the squad, face grimmer than Dante had ever seen it before.

"The Thrawnists obviously know where we are so we'll have to cast aside stealth in favor of speed. If we head to maintenance section Gamma forty-five, which is here:"

Darr pointed to a half dozen rooms and cramped corridors which were highlighted on his battered and abused datapad.

"We should be able to make it. Any questions?"

He was greeted by silence.

"Let's blow this thing then and we'll all go home."

In near complete silence, and as one, the squads moved.

Sylix hissed and was instantly silenced by an icy glare from Namyr.

So much for leadership.

Dante trod on something more yielding than permacrete and looked down, moving his helmet mounted flashlight left to right. There, beneath his feet, was a holoprojector. Close by was a patch of dried blood where several troopers had made a last stand.

Quickly, Dante removed their dog tags and closed their eyelids. He gently picked up the holoprojector. It was a cheap civilian model, but the likeness of a krayat dragon, the most dangerous predator on Tattoine, had been painstakingly and lovingly engraved into the lid. It obviously had been significant to its owner.

If the fallen soldiers have families, they deserve to know their fate and to have something to remember them with. It isn't much but it is the least I can do.

Dante stood up, expecting a rebuke from the others. They were as silent as a crypt on Korriban, their faces like carved stone. When he straightened up, they resumed their swift pace, as though nothing had happened.

Looks like the service area is only two rooms ahead. Two more rooms and we can leave this blasted rock for good.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 5, 2007 11:29:55 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 5, 2007 11:32:17 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  682
November 6, 2007 10:53:53 AM    View the profile of Leon 
Two more room’s and we’re out of here… Sounds good to me.

A giant black door lay ahead of the group of trooper’s, with the Razor Squad Leader leading the pack. He walked up to the control panel on the left of it, entering a sequence of number’s and letter’s to unlock it. Apparently none of Thrawn’s forces had breached this area, and hopefully there would be none behind that door. With the way things were turning out though, Leon doubted that would happen.

“Everyone, prepare for what ever is behind that door. For all we know there could be a whole Platoon of soldier’s behind it.” Ordered Darr-Rann as he brought his E-11 up to eyesight.

Leon took a spot near the left wall, getting down on one knee and also bringing his A280 up to firing position. Who ever was waiting behind that door would definitely be cut down in a matter of seconds, even if they did out number them. The only problem would be if they had created bunker’s, and that would mean immanent death. All the VE trooper’s had was each other. No cover, and no where to run, or hide.

If I’m gonna die here, then I’m gonna take as many as I can with me.

He took one last puff on his cigarette before dropping it and smashing it with his foot, rubbing it in as he did so. Leon then retrieved his last Thermal Detonator from his utility belt, and waited patiently as the giant door began to open. He could feel his shoulder’s tense up, and his trigger finger began to itch from anticipation.

Slowly but surely, the insides of the room were slowly starting to be revealed as the door’s grew wider and wider. A loud grating sound could be heard from the strain; apparently they hadn’t been opened in a very long time.

“Wha-?” Leon said, sounding slightly astonished.

“Hmmm, I never knew they had this inside of here,” said the Razor SL to no one in particular. He turned around to face the rest of the group. “Well what are we waiting for? Let’s get moving!”

Why is there a jungle inside of here? Are they running experiments? Kinda weird…

Leon stepped through the giant doors, his jaw dropping in awe as he looked at his surroundings. All kinds of foreign plants and tree’s could be seen, forming a dense jungle bottom. He turned his head up to find out he couldn’t even see the ceiling of the complex, due to the dense foliage that surrounded them.

There’s only one thing mi-

“Did you hear that?” Asked one of the trooper’s.

“What? What is it?” Replied the Razor Squad Leader.

“I thought I heard footsteps… C’mon let’s get out of here this place is giving me a bad feeling.”

Leon looked over to Rogue, meeting eye contact with him. He could tell they were both thinking the same exact thing. What ever it was that this place held, it definitely wasn’t friendly, and it was still most likely in here.

And its watching us right now…

(OOC: thought I’d make things more interesting by making a jungle that the researchers created that has really dangerous animal’s and such, just to give it a little twist and not keep things boring.)
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited November 6, 2007 10:56:55 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  792
November 6, 2007 1:20:29 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The musty air shifted as a breeze blew through the crack in the heavy metal blast door.

A breeze? I'm loosing it.

The breeze was nothing compared to what Dante and the others found on the other side of the blast doors. There was a tropical jungle, complete with exotic plants and over sized fungi.

What in blazes is a mock-up of the Felucian jungle doing in a military base?

Dante wiped some sweat from his brow. Despite the helmet and his armor's cooling systems, the air was hot, stiflingly so.

Wait, it's hot? That means there's power, which means this section has its own generator. 

Darr had apparently come to the same conclusion, as he waved the squad forward.

Suddenly, Dante remembered the strangeness of Felucia's ecosystem, its giant grubs, its exotic birds, and its deadly fungal spores.

The fungal spores!

Hurriedly, Dante ran to Darr Rann's position and explained about the fungi that might be growing in the area.

Darr immediately turned to the troopers and spoke three words:

"Helmet seals, now!"

Many of the troopers fumbled for their helmets, and the sound of connecting magnetic seals almost drowned out the jungle noises.

Slightly shaken, Darr made a hand gesture. Troopers ran to the doors and  obvious accessways and secured them. One of the troopers placed a datapad into a concealed electronic port and tapped several buttons.

With a loud clang, the blast doors through which they had just entered slid closed, preventing more Thrawnists from entering.

It also stops us from retreating should something go wrong...

Something had been puzzling Dante since he had walked into the room, something he couldn't put his finger on. He had thought it was the fungal spores but he realized something else was wrong. Where are the animals, the gelagrubs, and the Felucian birds?

Then, one of the troopers made a gruesome discovery and promptly lost his lumch onto the terraformed floor. There, lying in a pool of his own blood, was a Thrawnist stormtrooper or what was left of him. Something, something huge, had torn his limbs off and ripped his chest cavity to shreds.

Dante gulped, remembering his bounties and his encounter with the wildlife on Felucia.
Only a fully grown Bull Rancor or an Acklay could or would do such damage.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." was a comment from one of the more stoic troopers.

"Roger that."

There was a loud clang, and one of the smaller blast doors gave way. The team had just gotten into firing position when the door flew off, crashing into the other wall, which cracked under the force of the blow. Multiple glowing eyes looked out at the squad. A pair of insectoid jaws clacked like a hollowed skull. Dante raised his DC-17, certain the creature was an acklay.

The Force , however, must have had a twisted sense of humor, as Dante quickly noticed something amiss with the creature.

Minions of Xendor, it's wearing armour plating.

The creature, almost half as tall again as a normal acklay advanced. The artificial lights gleamed on the dull finish of its helmet.

Dante raised his DC-17 to firing position and sent one anti-armour round for the head. It exploded against the creature's neck, sending shrapnel everywhere. The creature shrieked, then turned to look at Dante as if it hadn't noticed him before.

I think I made it mad...

The creature lunged, claws rending the air.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 6, 2007 1:47:32 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  687
November 6, 2007 9:12:27 PM    View the profile of Leon 
“Whoa watch out there!!” Shouted Leon, directing it to his squad mate Dante. He watched in horror as his friend barely ducked a claw, before swiftly diving away with incredible agility. Leon brought his rifle up to bare, aiming it directly at the Acklay’s head. He pulled the trigger, a crimson bolt jetting out of his blaster rifle. It shot towards its target, but by the time it managed to reach the Acklay, it had already moved. “Damnit! Screw this I’m going full auto on this bastard.”

Seconds later Leon was letting fourth full volleys of armor piercing rounds, many of them hitting dead on with the Acklay. Bits and pieces of metal flew in every which direction, but so far no good. They needed to bring out the heavy weapons, and they needed to do it now.

“Leon watch out!”

Reacting as soon as he heard the warning, Leon rolled to the right, a metal plated claw smashing down into the very spot he had just been standing in. Things had just gotten worse. Now there were two armor plated Acklay, and they were angry. A loud hallow shriek pierced the air, and the second Acklay once again turned its attention back to Leon.

Looks like it wants a piece of me.

Remembering he had another Thermal Detonator left, Leon unclipped the bomb from his belt and activated it. The Acklay shrieked again, making a very bad mistake by doing so. As soon as its jaw’s opened, Leon tossed the bomb in, taking cover behind one of the many trees. Second’s later, a muffled explosion sounded off from within the creature, blowing it up from the inside out. Bits and pieces of its organs rained down onto the jungle, followed by huge metal chunks of armored plating.

That’s what you get for opening your mouth. Hope you have fun in the after life.

Leon turned his attention back to the battle that was taking place, except now there were three Acklay instead of just one.

“Everyone fall back and regroup! Don’t get caught alone we don’t have a chance!” Shouted Darr, trying to take control of the situation.

This is going to be a tough one…. Let’s just hope we survive.

(OOC: Sorry for the short length, I’m dead tired and I’m not really writing to good but w/e I tried. Have a good night Dante.)
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  796
November 6, 2007 10:08:20 PM    View the profile of Dante 
“Whoa watch out there!!”

Dante was already moving, rolling as he had been taught to when he was growing up on Coruscant.

The claw slashed through empty air. The acklay paused, as though it was confused. That gave Dante the time to reload and aim. Around him, the squad was firing round after round at the monstrosity, with little or no effect. Then, with a shrieking of metal, another door gave way and a second mutated acklay burst in.

As if one wasn't enough...

A massive claw clashed through the air, barely missing Dante's head. A trooper that had been standing next to him screamed as a metal plated claw carved through his armour and body as though they were made of butter. He fell to his knees and collapsed, forming a sticky red carpet over the fungi and plants.

Just when Dante thought things couldn't get worse, two more burst in through one of the destroyed blast doors.

Then, the impossible happened. Leon threw a thermal detonator into the gaping maw of one of the monsters. It exploded in a shower of yellow liquid and pulsating tissue.

Scratch one biological weapon.

Encouraged by the knowledge the creature were slayable, the squad doubled its efforts to destroy the creatures. Another fell, its torso blown into unrecognizable fragments by a PLX round. Heavy blaster rifle rounds caused the second to collapse for a moment but it got up again as if nothing had happened. The larger survivor, several of its many eyes gouged out, turned to Dante.

He started to back away but tripped over a boulder as he was aiming his anti-armour round. The weapon flew out of his hands and fell into a wall with a loud clunk. The acklat reared up, hissing, Dante grabbed a dropped DC-15 blaster rifle and brought it up just as the creature slashed.

The rifle blocked the attack, but would never do so or fire again, as the metal coating had made scrap out of the barrel and the rifle's delicate innards. Tibanna gas hissed softly as the acklay turned. It seemed to grin and lunged.

No. Not here. Not like this.

With that, Dante retrieved his deece and let loose on a target so big, he didn't need to aim.

The last acklay saw the round coming and tried to dodge, but failed. The round ripped the monstrosity's stomachs to shred, and destroyed its vital organs.Incredibly, it was still feebly stirring and tried to stand.
They just won't die...

Three shots to the mouth later, it was finally still.

Heart beating like a triphammer, Dante slid against a clean wall, breathing heavily.

(get some rest Leon, sorry if I was badgering you)

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 6, 2007 10:25:30 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 6, 2007 10:26:09 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Veteran

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  1200
Total Posts:  2089
November 7, 2007 10:13:09 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Flames splashed one side of the acklay as Rogue unleashed a blast from his flamethrower  and it turned its grotesque head at him and started sprinting as fast as it could towards him.

Shit!

Rogue quickly stopped firing and turned and ran into the dense underbrush of the jungle without looking behind him, he quickly realized the acklay was no longer following him. The Raider’s ASL did a full three sixty degree turn and tried to pinpoint where he came from; he quickly found the probable direction when he noticed a part of the forest was downtrodden, he quickly started jogging in that general direction.

This is definitely not the way I came from. Maybe I should turn around.
Why? Your squad wouldn’t wait that long for you.
True, in that case I’m gonna continue on and hope I meet up with them.

The bushes rustled and immediately the entire squad turned and started firing into the brushes. “Stop it, Sith, you almost hit me.”

Rogue stepped out from the bushes and realized two things; the squad had more men previously, and secondly this wasn’t his squad.

“Thought you were another one of those damn acklays, which squad you from?” A clone squad leader said as he tried to make out Rogue’s insignia from his dirty armour.

There were perhaps four men in the Thrawn squad, closely grouped together two of them seemed bored and had their rifles shouldered, the other soldier seemed intent on the conversation but only had a pistol lowered to his side, and finally the squad leader who was a corporal seemed relieved to find another trooper here and more importantly an apparent Thrawnist. Rogue had to act quickly as any delay would create suspicion, because he could not holster his rifle anyways he quickly pointed it at the SL and fired a blast of fiery doom.

“The forest is on fire!” one of the Razor troops yelled as he had climbed a tree to get a vantage point to try to find out where the generator might be.

“Rogue.” Namyr whispered to herself, she had felt isolated when the acklays were dead and he was nowhere to be found.

“Saw him running into the forest like a Sith lord was after him.” One of the Razor troopers had said while another laughed at the imagery.

Darr was in a bad mood up until the trooper spotted the fire, it gave him hope that Rogue did not run off in an attempt to save his own hide and doom the squad to being a man short. “We’re heading towards it.”
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -King Leonidas, 300

ASL/GSG_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2]

Clearly Canadian!

http://rizzit.stormtroopercorps.com/rewards/Raiders/Rogueboy.jpg
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  798
November 7, 2007 11:21:35 AM    View the profile of Dante 
As the acklay's corpse smoldered, silence settled over the scene for a moment. Then, the small animals that lurked in the waist high grasses and fungi, encouraged by the silence, resumed their cacophony of calls. A hidden fan started up, and the grasses rustled as though caught in a high wind.

Dante stared. Now that the fight was over, he had time to think. The acklay had obviously been twisted to make it a biological weapon.

Why would the Vast Empire be building BOW'S, and why on an outpost with a heavy Thrawnist presence? Something isn't right...

Dante looked at the other troopers, many of whom had been severely wounded. Razor Squad had been decimated by the assault, with three killed by the first acklay alone, The survivors were all severely injured, the least severely wounded of whom had a broken arm and several deep cuts.

Thankfully, none of the Raiders had been killed, although Sylix was holding his left arm in a make-shift sling. Leon, standing to one side, was tightly clutching his flamethrower, aiming it left and right.

Wait, where's Rogueboy?

"Where could he have gone?"

Just then, a trooper from Razor Squad who had climbed up a stunted tree for a better view of the cavernous room hollered and yelled out something that was music to Dante's ears.

"The forest is on fire!"

If that isn't him, I'm a bantha.

Darr-Rann turned, faceless beneath his battered and chipped helmet. One of his eyepieces had a long, slender crack snaking through it.

"We’re heading towards it. If you see the Gunnery Sergeant, report at once.”

"Yes, sir."

"You three, go from the left. Fire on command."

The three troopers Daarr had pointed at crouched and started to creep through the undergrowth.

"Raiders and you two, attack from the right. Those of you that are trained to use sniping weapons, stay back and take out as many as you can. Any questions?"

He was greeted only by the chirps of the jungle animals. From ahead came the sounds of blaster fire.

I hope we're not too late...

"Let's go."

With that, the squad stealthily crept past rows of exotic fungi and  alien grasses, hoping that they were not too late.

Rogueboy turned his weapon to full automatic, spraying energy bolts everywhere. Mnay found there mark, quickly felling
the original squad. However, several burat through a blast door, so Rogueboy still found himself outnumbrred and outgunned. He was backing up when he felt a heavy blow from behind. Rogueboy fell, winded, to the ground. A Thrawwnist squad leader, missing his helmet and his face bleeding, sneered and prepared to pull his E-11's trigger.

Rogueboy lunged for his rifle knowing he wouldn't make it. He grabbed it and tunred around only to see the trooper topple on his, a smoking hole in his chest. he looked up and saw Darr Rann, pistol in hand, standing over him.

Darr nodded, light from the lamps glinting off his T-visor.

"Next time you take a break, let me know."

Rogue succeeded in keeping a straight face, if barely.

"Yes, sir. It won't happen again."

With that, he rejoined the firefight, spraying the Thrawnists with energy bolts.

OOC: The room isn't that tall, although it is large, and the generator is beyond the blast doors. This room is just a holding pen designed for only one acklay so the "forest" can't be that tall. The whole sturcture is concealed in "maintenance corridors and hollow walls so it can't be that big.
Also, are we wrapping this up any time soon? The other squads seem to be almost done with their counterparts.
)

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 7, 2007 1:24:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 7, 2007 2:40:37 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  697
November 7, 2007 8:57:44 PM    View the profile of Leon 
“C’mon let’s finish these Thrawnist’s and then get out of here!” Shouted one of the up-beat Razor member’s. Leon squeezed bolt after bolt into enemy trooper’s, watching them twist in agony as they fell to the ground, blood flowing fresh from their injuries. Enemy after enemy fell victim to the trigger happy Raider’s, their morale slowly decreasing as they went down. Pretty soon they’d have to retreat and call for back up, and by that time, they’d be long gone.

Second’s later, just as Leon had predicted, they scurried back into the facility, hiding behind what ever they could use as cover.

“Let’s go, we’re out of here!” Shouted Darr-Rann waving the squad over to him.

Leon took one last glimpse at the enemy location, making sure none of them were trying something sneaky. Seconds later, they were off, sprinting through the mini jungle that housed the mutated Acklay. He swiftly hopped over giant roots, expecting one of them to turn into a giant snake and devour the squad. Paranoia was beginning to set in on Leon, maybe because the sudden change in his surroundings. He had never been in jungle combat and had never even set foot inside of one.

The stories, however, made it seem like it was worse then hell. Not only did you have to worry about the enemy, but you also had to worry about the wildlife. Monstrous creatures lurked in the tree tops, some camouflaging with its surroundings so it could stay hidden until it’s pray was close enough to strike. Those were only the least of your worries though, because then you had to worry about the many parasites that could somehow get through your air tight armor and infect you with some incurable disease. It was definitely a place you didn’t want to be caught alone in, and definitely a place you didn’t want to have as your battle field.

A minute later, the two battle wary groups had reached their last and final destination. The Razor Squad Leader stepped forward, inserting his Data Pad into an access panel on the right side of the giant door. A series of beep’s and other noises could be heard as the SL tried to get the door open, groans from injured troopers also chiming in. Seconds later, a loud familiar grating sound emitted as the door’s slowly pulled apart.

Leon turned to face the jungle again one last time, looking for any kind of hint that showed they were being followed.

Nothing.

He slowly back peddled into the generator room, sweeping his rifle along a horizontal path, ready to pull the trigger at any hint of enemy movement.

Still nothing.

Now all we have to do it hope everything goes well from here on out…. Let’s blow this joint.
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  807
November 8, 2007 11:43:29 AM    View the profile of Dante 
The alien beauty of the room was still visible, if barely. The pristine arches had been marred by blackened holes left by blaster bolts. The exotic fungi and lush greenery were now covered beneath a blanket of sickly blue anti-fire foam. Overhead, sprinklers continued to spray, putting out the remaining flares. Nearby, an acklay's corpse made somewhat unpleasant squelching noises as the foam compressed its internal organs. There was a beeping from  a holopanel set into the wall and the sprinklers fell silent.

The room now was almost unrecognizable as the thriving jungle it had been only minutes before. The animals were silent, either choked by the toxic foam or in hiding. The plants were either coated in blue foam or crushed by the foam that had built up on their broad leaves and flowers.

The remaining Thrawnist troopers were retreating, undoubtedly calling for reinforcements. Dante aimed and fired, taking down two, before a massive set of blast doors slid shut, cutting off pursuit. He grinned at the Thrawnist's cowardice and stupidity.

You just made a big mistake.

With that, he blasted the controls. A shower of sparks emerged from the ruined panel and a light flashed, confirming the blast door was now secure.

With the controls and servomotors off-line, they'll have to find another, longer way in.

The suriviving troopers advanced through the devastated holding area, keeping their eyes peeled for a stragglers and their safeties off. They soon crossed the compound, reaching a blast door that lead to a turbo-lift.

This should be our ticket out of here.

A Razor Squad slicer, more fortunate than most of his comrades, plugged his datapad into a port in the control panel and started to tap keys. Around him, the squad moved into firing position, stirring up puffs of solidifying foam. There was a beep from the control panel and the ebony doors slid open.

Dante scanned the room, expecting an ambush. He was greeted only by rows of tissue samples and monitors. A monitor screen cherrily flashed on and off, displaying modifications to genomes and body structures. Systematically, the squad copied the data into their own datapads, then deleted it from the VE network and destroyed the computers. The tissue samples and biological weapons recieved the same treatment.

We can't let Thrawn get his hands on this. I shudder to think what he could and would do with these, given his genius and lack of morals.

The slicer opened the next blast door. After confirming the next corridor was secure, Darr placed seeveral thermal detonators on the ground, each with a 120 second delay.

The second set of night-black blast doors slid shut. Exactly three seconds later, they buckled as an explosion shook the complex. Dante studied the damage to the capital ship-quality blast doors and slowly whistled.

Somehow, I don' think the Thrawnists will find much...

The squad came across a cargo turbolift, call panel still glowing cheerily. Darr pressed it with his gloved right hand and the doors slid open. The stark interior was brightly lit by powerful lights, casting the distorted shadows of the squad onto the wall. As the squad filed in, Razor Squad's leader set up several auto-turrents on the walls and floor of the corridor. He entered the lift then pressed a button on a control panel. The hidden turrent emitted a series of low beeps, indicating they were fully operational.

The first few clones to enter are probably not going to leave in one piece...

The slicer did his magic again and the turbolift sped upwards, taking the Raiders to an uncertain fate.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 8, 2007 11:58:00 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 9, 2007 5:39:56 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  706
November 11, 2007 11:21:14 AM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon took one last look at the lab, pondering what the VE could be doing with these biological weapons. And out of all the places, why would they be here? It was an unnecessary risk, and one that could cause a huge turn around for the VE. A bad one at that. He scrolled through the contents he had just recently loaded onto his Data Pad, all written in an unfamiliar language, some form of code.

“Darr-Rann you have any clue what these symbols could mean?” Asked Leon, handing over his Data Pad to the Raiders SL.

The clean cut Squad Leader examined it, his face distraught with confusion. “Hmm… Its definitely written in some kind of computer language, a highly complicated one,” he paced back and fourth, running his hand through his hair. “I think… Oh this isn’t good. We CANNOT let this get into Thrawnist hands. We need to get out of here now, everyone get onto that Turbo Lift ASAP.”

Doing as ordered, Leon quickly strode over to the Turbo Lift, fingering his A280’s trigger nervously, a bad habit he had established on Tatooine. A mechanical whirring sound emitted from the bottom of the lift, which in return started to rise, slowly picking up speed. The walls around them seemed to be plummeting downwards, almost as if they were being sucked into a black hole. Fortunately it was only Leon’s imagination playing with him.

Now all we have to do is blow this place up, and we’re out of here.

“Be ready for anything, the surrounding area is probably crawling with Thrawn Trooper’s. We’re planting that bomb, and then getting the hell out of here, everyone got that?” Ordered Darr-Rann in total seriousness.

A few muffled “yes sir’s” and some nods came in reply. Leon studied some of his fellow trooper’s from Razor Squad, noticing that one of them was shifting from foot to foot, another twiddling his finger’s. From Leon’s point of view, it seemed that they didn’t have much battle experience, but considering the situation, they were holding up very well. Not many people could do some of the things they did today… No, scratch that, only the strong could do what they did today, a seemingly impossible task.

Heh, the Raiders motto should be: ‘We make the impossible… Possible.’

“Alright this is it, here we go!” Shouted Rogueboy as the Turbo Lift came to a halt.

A door above them slowly started to open, bright white light pouring through the Turbo Lift shaft. Thanks to the automatic lens adjusters on their helmets though, they didn’t need to squint their eye’s. Snow flakes could be seen pouring in through the shaft, and seconds later, they found themselves in the middle of a snow covered wonderland. Tree’s could be seen all around them, their leaves picked dry from the winter cold.

“Alright, lets find that Dreadnaught, rig it, and call for E-Vac. Razor Squad, if we’re not back within an hour, get out of here, there’s no need to lose every single survivor. We’ll see you boy’s later.”
Raiders
And so we go.
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
"Faithful to the end..."
Dante
ComNet Member

Dante

Post Number:  823
November 11, 2007 8:17:09 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The turbolift shuddered to a halt as the panel dimmed and flickered. Dante  drubbed his gloved fingers on the stark grey wall, hoping the machinery would still function.

Come on, hold together now....

Luckily for the Raiders and Razor Squads, the lift resumed its upwards motion after a moment and all aboard it heaved a collective sigh of relief.

After what seemed like hours, but Dante's HUD told him was 1 minute and 47 seconds, the turbolift emitted a chime and shuddered to a halt. As the members of the squads filed out there was a screech of metal and the turbolift tilted to one side, slamming Dante and the Razor Squad Leader against its walls.

The lift shuddered and dropped like a stone, making Dante's stomach lurch for one sickening moment,  before the emergency repulsorlifts kicked in, leaving the lift several meters below the yawning doors. The Razor Squad Leader calmly removed a grappling hook from his battered and bloodstained belt and replaced his blaster in his holster. He then threw the hook up, and it caught on the ledge just inside the lift doors. The SL then clambered up the nano-fiber rope. As the lift began to fall, Dante jumped for the cable.

The lift fell,this time for good. As it dropped, it dislodged loose pieces of metal and ruined parts of the structure sending them either to fall in front of it or to clatter in its wake.

Slowly but carefully, Dante clambered up the rope, keeping a grip so hard that his metal right hand groaned in protest under the strain. Within a minute he had reached the top and clambered, aided by many helping hands.
Dante stood for a moment, then bent and dislodged the hook and rope with his cybernetic right arm. He then turned to the Razor SL and spoke.

"I think this is yours."

"It is. I must have misplaced it on the way up."
he replied, with a twinkle in his eyes.

Darr cleared his throat.

"I've sliced into the Thrawnist Battlenet and the enemy presence is heavier than I thought. We'll have to scratch the earlier plan. Razors, we'll need your help. There should be a pair of Sentinel-class landing craft sitting there. We'll have to borrow one from our Thrawnist friends and use it to reach the Dreadnaught. When we're done there, we should be able to call for evac and leave this rock behind."

I can't wait.

As the squads were leaving, Dante heard a series of whistles and beeps.

It can't be.

"Patch!"

The little droid whistled joyfully like its circuits were fired as Rogueboy ran towards it.

"Any damage?"

The droid's hoots had a decidedly negative tone."

A little soot but nothing major."

Rogueboy brushed it off with a gloved hand.

"There, good as new."

With Raiders Squad now complete, the two squads moved towards their next, and hopefully not final destination, leaving only empty power cells and other debris of war in their wake.

Raiders
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited November 11, 2007 8:18:46 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1437
Total Posts:  1587
November 12, 2007 1:13:24 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sighed to himself. Their situation seemed quite dire – They were outnumbered, outarmed, and their new mission seemed suicidal. But a stormtrooper’s duty came before all else.

Suddenly his comlink beeped – Indication of communications – over the local command frequency. He quickly clicked it on and placed the device to his ear, and a voice rang out, ”This is Vast Imperial ISD Pandora, searching for forces on the surface. Does anyone copy?”

Darr-Rann sighed with relief, but then frowned.  Possible rescue had arrived, but their comlinks didn’t have the strength to broadcast to the ship if it was in orbit, and they didn’t have any com-packs.  He paused and debated the situation.

“Sir,” Said Dante, walking up to the squad leader.  They had all heard the broadcast, and it apparent he wasn’t the only one who had recognized their predicament. “How many smoke grenades do we have?” Darr-Rann understood immediately and grinned.

“Everyone, activate all of your smoke grenades and drop them around here – We need to make them realize that we’re here.”  He said, proceeding to follow this procedure himself. Soon the area was filled with smoke. Now they only had to hope that help arrived before thrawn troops did.

“Sir!” Rogueboy said, “Thrawnists to the east, attacking with a tank!”

Darr-Rann swore and turned, only to find the earth shatter in a blast of dirt and fire directly in front of him. He flew backwards, the world going black around him…

Rannik dreamt. He was back on Corellia, in the slums of coronet. There was smoke everywere, and the only thing audible was blaster fire and the screaming of it’s recipients. He was running, terrified, when he stumbled and fell.  He pulled himself  up, looking into the face of the man he had fallen oven. Cold terror filled him as he recognized this man.

“Take it…” The man gurgled, holding out a weapon to him. It was of fine make, a family heirloom. Rannik shook his head, but the man instisted. “I wont need it where I’m going. Take it. Protect them.”

He nodded and took the blaster shotgun, holding the weapon reverently, knowing the responsibility that he took in the process. He saluted the man, but he was already gone. Rannik got back onto his feet and ran back the way he came, back towards the bloody conflict…

Darr-Rann awoke, wincing as bright light entered his eyes. He looked around – He was in some sort of hospital. Leon and Rogueboy looked up from a game of Sabaac they were playing on a nearby table and ran over to him.

Darr-Rann sat up, gritting his teeth as his head pounded. Leon grinned. “Welcome back to the world of the living.  You had me afraid there, with all the thrashing around you were doing.”

Darr-Rann rubbed his eyes and looked around again. “How long have I been out?”

“A good couple of hours,” Said Rogueboy, “shortly after we were attacked, a dropship came down and bailed us out. We’re currently aboard the Pandora.”

Darr-Rann nodded and got out of the bed, shakily. He was still dressed in the now-ruined uniform he had been wearing. “We’re on the star destroyer? Are we headed home then?”

Rogueboy and Leon looked at each other, and then back at Darr-Rann. “Not exactly,” Said the assistant squad leader, “You’d better come with us.”

TO BE CONTINUED
Raiders
SL/SFC_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IH][CDS][IG]
SERGEANT FIRST CLASS, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING, PHANTOM MEMBER
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Sith Spit (Raiders)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:43:26 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 120  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >