Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph Squadron Story Thread

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Kaph Squadron Story Thread
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1887
Total Posts:  2143
  RE: Kaph Squadron Story Thread
June 15, 2007 9:56:37 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally tally tally.

-----------------------
SCAP, WADJ/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STCR Doashim/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoC][BWC][SWC][GWC][LoC-DD][CM-PL]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  540
Total Posts:  760
June 15, 2007 10:08:01 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Kaph 9

Skylla raked the ground with fire again to keep the enemy's heads down.  It was rather amusing, watching the little men on the ground trying to escape their impending doom.  They did ask for it when they began this battle with the Empire.  It is kind of like smoking, messing with both can be bad for your health.  The cannon furthest north took too much laser damage, the barrel was severely warped. 

"That leaves one more, Flight two," stated Than Sion.

Strangler did a drive by on the final artillery piece, sending a rocket into its base.  It collapsed at that point.

"Leave the survivors for the Stormies," said Sion.  "Next."

On cue, Sion began to pick up a transmission on one of the general Imperial channels.

"This is Lieutenant Buck of Blazer Platoon.  We are pinned down in the western residential area of Jeeda by shelling.  We are in need of immediate air support.  Repeat, we are in need of immediate air support."

"This is Kaph Leader, I read you Lieutenant.  We are heading for your locations as we speak."

"Thank the Emperor."

They scanned the ground as they approached the region of town.  Sure enough, two artillery batteries were blasting away.  There was also something else there. 

Is that....  "If I didn't know any better, I would say that that is an AT-AA," commented Skylla.

"I believe you are right," said Sion.  "The bigger question is where did it come from?  Because it isn't one of ours and the revolutionaries sure as hell couldn't have built it themselves."

"I think the best question is what are we going to do to get rid of it?" commented Demonic.

"Their armor isn't worth the metal it was forged out of.  The problem is getting past its AA missile barrage," stated Than Sion.

"If only we had more ground forces," said Demonic.  "The thing has nothing to take out forces on the ground."

"We don't though, so we're just going to have to rough it out.  Element 2 will distract it; Element 1 will go in for the kill this time.  Watch each other's sixes out there."

"Understood Kaph Leader."

Kaph 1

He watched as his second element shot out into the line of fire.  He knew that they knew what they were doing, but he couldn't help but feel anxiety from ordering them to take such a risk.  He kept his distance as the AT-AA opened up on his brethren.  He waited a few long seconds as he watch the second element weave in around each other in a double helix fashion, destroying any of the rocket pods that got a lock on the other.  It was a good system, Sion was pleased with it.  Sion clicked the com two times to signal to Enzadi that it was time to go. They both pulled into a dive that brought them very close to the ground.  Sion watched the branches of tree flash by not too far under him.  It was working, the AT-AA was too distracted by the second element to notice the first.  The same trick was working twice.  Both Enzadi and Sion fired a rocket off.  Both hit their mark, turning the AA machine into charred and twisted metal.  All in a good days work.

(500+ Words)

-----------------------
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][GWC]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

Elite is our title, we must defend this honor!
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1888
June 15, 2007 10:11:39 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Special re-tally.

-----------------------
SCAP, WADJ/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STCR Doashim/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoC][BWC][SWC][GWC][LoC-DD][CM-PL]
etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  358
Total Posts:  423
June 15, 2007 11:03:58 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan checked himself. Crossing a courtyard he found himself at a very high hedge. Looking first right then left he began to scale the hedge. Up and over he went coming to the ground like a bear. Ahead of him lay a tiled road. To both sides the village dissapeared. Up ahead a few buildings stood but Etan paid no heed to them. They looked as if they had been unoccupied for quite some time. By now Etan's glow stick had expired and he left it on the far side of the hedge. The night sky and the half moon along with the stars had given Etan all the light that he had needed. He wasn't sure on how to proceed. He knew this road would take him to his given objective. However, he wasn't sure how well gaurded this road might be. With crossbow in hand he decided to begin with a short jog down the road. If need be he knew his way about a jungle and could take it from there. He continued his jog down the road listening as the battle rage far from his area of countenance. Behind him even further he seemed to he more blasts and explosions. None of these mattered to Etan as he made his way down the tiled road.

Soon he came upon a battered village. It seemed to Etan that some sort of stand was made here. By which side and for what reason he did not know. It looked as if Imperial stormtroopers who lay dead outside the village were trying to overcome a group of defenders inside the village. Dead bodies layed everywhere. Etan took this moment to scavenge for food because he was hungry after missing his meal in the dining room. Oh how he had looked forward to those rare steaks that were going to be served. So much for the vacation he had planned. Inside one of the stone huts, they had obviously not planned for the assault that happened. A large meal was layed out smoked fish with several types of marinated vegetables accompanied by some sort of wild rice. A pilot's delight. Looking around there were no casualties it seems as if who ever planned this meal fled in a hurry. Etan took advantage. Although the food was cold it was good. Suddenly out of a back room came a child moaning. Etan stopped in mid chew. The child walked forward and sat across the table from him. In local fashion he/she took a bowl and began to fill it with first rice then vegetables and then pulled off from the whole fish bits of fish into it's bowl. Using chopstick like utensils the young child began to eat mixing the rice fish and vegetables until it became a wholesome product.

Etan sat there motionless. His hunger stood, yet the innocence of this child, being as hungry as he/she was yet having no shame nor no quarrel with Etan's presense made Etan humble. Etan looked around for drink. A large vassel of water sat at the end of the table. Four glasses stood as soldiers around the table. Etan poured some water for the child and then poured a glass for himself. The child drank and they both continued to eat.

500 plus words I'm not done yet but please everyone read the end of the next to last para. starting with inside one of the stone huts until the end. I'm proud of it.Not only that but I was able to post three 500 story post thanks to my commander Than without any problems. Thanks Than. I still have more.......

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand. The Harbrace College Handbook edited by JOHN C. HODGES

FM/LCR ETAN EVNSTAR/Kaph 7/flight 2/mSSD Atrus/def/VEN/VE/(=A=) Phoenix wing
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 15, 2007 11:07:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 15, 2007 11:15:30 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1897
June 17, 2007 9:36:22 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Le Tally!

-----------------------
C-3PX2
ComNet Cadet

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  218
Total Posts:  619
June 18, 2007 3:11:40 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
"Alright, we have new orders. Kaph Leader and his flight have taken off from the eastern hanger. We are to move towards the city of Jeeda and meet up with them." C-3PX2 said to his flight over a comm. channel. They had just gotten orders to meet up with flight one and to then begin their attack mission. C-3PX2 and Trigger were in Bombers, While Aristoc and Krius were in interceptors. They had just taken off from the western hanger when their squadron commander had called in these orders. "We will move to our the meeting point using a Diamond formation." He said to the flight. A diamond formation of where four craft form into the shape of a diamond using three rows, the first and third row are one craft, and the second row is two craft. The way for flight three to get the best protection would be to have the bombers in the second row, and the interceptors in the first and third. They got into formation and began to go towards their objective. They flew over the road and the Yier temple, and then they saw something they did not expect to see. Over at a lone mountainside they saw a military-like facility. They knew their orders were to meet up with the rest of the squad, they would investigate this later. They continued on their way towards Jeeda when they detected something fast. It resembled a Z-95 but it was too fast to be one, they had no idea what it was but knew they had to take it out. They began to go for an intercept, when they got a call over comm. "Imperial Craft, return to the hanger and surrender. We will not harm you. If you refuse this, we will shoot you down." C-3PX2 then called out to his flight "Flight, put transfer laser power to the engines and put shields to full. It is too fast for lasers and I think we are going to need the shields." They began their attack run towards the unknown fighter; they put all power that the y could towards their engines to try to keep up with it. The fighter was just too fast for their TIEs to keep up with; their lasers would not be accurate enough to keep up with the fighter. They squad was in trouble, the fighter had the upper hand on them. Then C-3PX2 looked at the planet's surface, he still could see the mountains and the cave where they had hid before getting to the hanger. He could see the capital, and the mine near it. Yier Temple was just behind them and the main road was directly below them. He could see blaster fire, and the Capital Palace was burning for the terrorists had lit it ablaze. He had no idea what had happened to the Royal Family after they left them with the guards, but he didn't think it was good. Then he saw something, a group of fighter just off the other side of Jeeda. He was not sure who they were, but he wanted to find out. Now if only they could get rid of this fighter.

((533 Words))

-----------------------
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
==============================================================================================
> : -=Kaph Squadron=- : "We have Great Faith in Each Other, It's Called Stupidity."
==============================================================================================
> : EFL / PO2 C-3PX2 / Kaph 9 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / DEF / VEN / VE / (=A=), [MC2], [MC1]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  541
June 18, 2007 6:31:34 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than Sion held the control yoke loosely, there was no reason to be worried.  So far he had seen nothing for enemy fighters and any attempt to shoot down Imperial forces had been foiled.  From the time that Flight 1 had stepped into fighters their lives had been a cake walk.

"This is Kaph Leader to Flight 1, form up on me.  We're going to do the actual run on the artillery emplacements."

He turned his attention to the targeting display at the base of the control yoke as he armed a missile.  He requested a target lock, nothing happened.  He tried again, the same result.  He shot over the target with out getting a rocket hit.

"Kaph 3 to Kaph Leader, I can't get a missile lock."

"I couldn't either, Kaph 3," replied Sion.  "I think they are jamming our targeting computer.  We'll have to dummy fire."

"I copy that Kaph Leader, preparing for second run."

"What is going on up there!" yelled Buck.  "We can't hold out here much longer!"

"I read you Lieutenant, we are having some difficulties.  The enemy seems to have jamming technology," replied Kaph Leader.

"How can that be!?  We are talking right now, are we not!?."

"Lieutenant, there are other kinds of jamming than that for communications frequencies.  They have rendered our targeting computers useless on them.  That means we can't get a pretty lock on them.  I'll shut up now so I can get back to doing my job.  Kaph Leader out."

He was already turned around when he finished his "enlightening" conversation with the platoon leader.  He monkied with the dials on the targeting display computer until it brought up a black and white simulated image that represented the firing area of the missile tubes.  He knew if something wasn't done fast that Blazer Platoon would be toast.  He was now clutching the yoke hard, his gloves concealing white knuckles.  He was glade that the helmet maintained clear lenses because he was sweating badly.  Sion lined up his shot, bringing both of the artillery pieces into his display.  From their spacing he knew that he would only be able to take one out with his current payload.

"Rose Thorn, change your targeting display to simulated ground, I need you to take out the closer battery," said Sion.

"Roger that Kaph Leader, I have it covered," replied Skylla.

Sion returned his attention to his monitor.  He brought the farthest big gun into the yellow targeting box.  The breathing through his face mask was heavy as he pushed down on the emerald trigger...

Blazer Platoon

"Where did the Squints go?" asked one the Strom Troopers.

"I see em, I see em," shouted another trooper.  He pointed to four dots in the sky.

There was a flash of light from the lead fighter closely followed by the third TIE.  Two grey streamers fell toward the source of the shelling.  One of the artillery pieces was hit, going up in an orange ball of fire, quickly followed by the other.  The fire was quickly masked by a large plume of dark grey smoke.

"Ye ha, say bye-bye rebel scum!"

"How do you like dat, bitches!"

"Fire works are over boys, let's move out now," ordered Lieutenant Buck...

(500+ Words)

-----------------------
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][GWC]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  359
June 18, 2007 6:44:42 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
  Etan sat occasionally nibbling while the child ate whole heartedly. Etan didn't know what he would do when thier meal was over. Although Etan hadn't felt any special obligations to this child, he did wonder at the innocence of one who had never seen a wookie before, yet, sat there eating basically side by side with no intentions. Quite obviously this childs entire family and possibly entire village had been killed by some sort of Imperial raid. But, the child did not see Etan as an Imperial. Perhaps that was his motivation. By the way, Etan had determined this child to be of the male of the species from his demeanor and activities. He did not cower or even show hesitance in his feeding as a female child might have done. He was deliberate in his moves and had no qualms with looking Etan directly in the eye when he went to replenish his bowl.

Etan continued eating as he pondered this latest developement. He didn't have to ponder long when the child finished eating himself. He simply got up and left the hut. Etan hadn't had his fill yet and further pondered whether he should follow the child or not. He determined that the task at hand was to nourish himself and he was sure the child would return if he wanted to.

When Etan had had his fill he took one last long drink of water and arose himself. He took one final look around the stone hut and then exited. Exiting the building, he looked around for the brave young child but saw no glimpse of him. He began to wonder if the child had exited at all or if he was just another one of Etan's recent halucinations. Etan glanced at the Imperial troop bodies that lay about and half thought about retrieving a larger gun than the blaster he currently had and the crossbow he kept at hand. He declined. He felt perfectly comfortable with the weapons he had at hand combined with his superior strengths.

Not seeing another soul around including the illusionary child, Etan decided to set back out upon the tiled road. Holding the ever enlightening crossbow in one hand and his blaster ready by his side along with the two grenades his friend C3PX2 had given him sometime ago, he was ready for anything.

He set out at a light jog. He could hear the sounds of battle in the not to far distance and knew the flight bunker could not be that much further. He only wondered how much longer he could remain upon this path.

He passed a blown up troop carrier. Examining it further he could determine that it was carrying more than just stormtroopers. He looked around and found Commander Than's ident photo. This carrier was abandoned, which meant commander Than had troop transport and that they had been assaulted. It furthermore mean't that Commander Than and at least part of first flight had made it this far and were moving on foot. It wasn't like commander Than to leave any evidence of his motions behind. Specially an I.D. card. That mean't they were being hottly pursued and Etan was sure they would manage thier own. Etan grabbed the lost I.D. card. He would use this to rib Commander Than one day. He thought of all the quick jabs he could say to him, but the only thought that really came to mind was catching up

577 words or there about.

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand. The Harbrace College Handbook edited by JOHN C. HODGES

[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 18, 2007 7:06:51 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1910
June 18, 2007 9:25:44 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally

-----------------------
SCAP, WADJ/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STCR Doashim/1Flt/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoR][BWC][SWC][GWC][LoC-DD][CM-PL]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  546
June 22, 2007 12:37:21 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"This is control to Kaph Flight 1, head back for the eastern bunker immediately.  We are under attack.  Repeat, we are under attack and need air support!  We have come under artillery bombardment.  Kaph Leader, say something!"

"I read you control," replied Than Sion.  "We are on our way."  He changed over to the Kaph channel.  "Flight 1, did you get that all?"

"Affirmative Kaph Leader," replied Demonic.

"Ok, be quick in destroying the big guns but be careful for any AA.  The bombardment is probably only to soften up the bunker, so be prepared to fire at enemy ground troops and possibly armor.  Kaph Leader out."

He hit his starboard foot pedal, swinging his fighter in the direction of the eastern complex.  He pushed forward on the control yoke, reducing the altitude of his Interceptor.  He wanted to prevent detection as long as possible.  The others in Kaph took onto what he was doing and followed suit.  They found the complex dotted with points of light when it came into view.  The artillery seemed to range in size, from cannon batteries to light mortar devices that could be carried by a single soldier.  Sion glimpsed a group of three using such weapons as he passed over their clearing.  He swung around so that he was coming in the direction of their right flank.  The clearing rained dirt as Kaph Leader opened fire on it.  The three were unable to run far before their souls were laid to waste. 

Sion began a counter clockwise search pattern around the base, Enzadi followed.  For being a fairly new pilot, Strangler was turning out to be a pretty good wingman.  He was very dependable and he caught on quickly.  So quickly, in fact, that he seconded Demonic in that aspect.  Never thought I would see the day that I could compare someone to my second wingman.

"AA Turret, 12 o'clock," reported Enzadi.  "Right next to a heavy battery."

"Looks like a missile turret," commented Kaph 1.  "Don't want to take any chances with those.  Take it out with a rocket..."

On cue Sion heard an annoying beeping sound.  "I have a birdie locked onto, taking evasive action."

Sion banked to port and made a sharp turn.  He noticed an explosion on the ground, the Strangler had eliminated the AA turret.  Enzadi came out of view as Sion made another sharp turn.  He brought his fighter up into an immelman, half way through the maneuver the alarm cut out and he heard an explosion go off behind him.

"Thanks Kaph 2 for the save," said Sion.

"No problem Kaph Leader, now let's take out that cannon," replied Enzadi.

Groundside

"Eight, five, niner," shouted the spotter.  Gabriel fired the cannon, a few seconds later there was a wining sound followed by an explosion on the wall of the bunker. Dust rises up in the distance from falling concrete.  All of a sudden Gabriel heard a screaming noise to his left.  He looked up to see two squints coming in their direction.  Everyone was already jumpy from the destruction of the missile turret, they were filled with total fear when they saw the TIEs return.  The smell of ozone filled the air as fire rained from the sky.  They tried to run, but there was no where to go.  He looked back to see the spotter's body disintegrate in the hail of bolts.  He was thrown forward by an invisible hand, the battery had been destroyed.  The screams faded away, he wondered if he was dead.  He pulled himself up from the ground and looked at his hands, he had somehow survived.   

(500+ Words)

-----------------------

--SC of Kaph Squadron

etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  360
June 22, 2007 8:09:26 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
In just the small mark of a half an hour, Etan had made his way to the eastern bunker. His long legs and quick steps had brought him there, not too late, but an hour or so behind first flight. He glimpsed the beleagured Imperial troops holding the hanger as first flight Tie fighters flew support. Etan wasn't sure of what to do. He was caught behind enemy lines that were slowly closing in on the hanger. Etan knew, from according to commander Than's earlier commands, that it was part of his mission to reach the hanger and fly aerial support for the remaining ground troops. However, as before stated, Etan was just as comfortable being a part of the ground assault as he was being a pilot. Etan was at a delimma.

For now, Etan still needed to break through the rebel lines to get to that bunker. Etan watched as what he considered to be first flight flew reconnaisence, taking out the artillery assault that was bombarding the bunker. Etan laid low, making his plans. He waited inside the jungle not far from the tiled road.

He heard movement along the road. It was an Imperial stormtroopers squad. Not knowing how he would be recieved, Etan waited as the troop movement passed. Looking forward, he could see thier objective. A pair of AA guns perhaps a half a mile ahead and covered in the jungle. Etan was sure there would be some kind of anti-personel trap waiting for them, but wasn't sure how experienced the stormtroopers would be with such devices. He hadn't seen any special insignia that would relate them as being special forces, so Etan took action.

Etan crossed the road to the other side in a movement. One wouldn't really have seen him with his two steps crossing the road into the other side of the jungle, unless specially trained. Once there, Etan made his way stealthfully towards the artillery emplacements.

Making his way further into the jungle he lost track of the Imperial squadron to his right. He assumed they had slowed to make a surrvelience of the area. Etan hadn't needed to do such a thing. He knew that the further he entered the jungle that the less anti-personel devices that would be needed. He knew the rebels would rely upon the thickness of the jungle to protect them. Etan only hoped that he would make his assault before the less experienced stormtroopers would.

Suddenly, from the sky, one of, what only Etan knew to be, Kaph squadron's first flight made a drop on one of the two AA guns. Etan was close enough to see the rebel troops retreat in disarray. One flew past him with little notice, while a second ran right up on him as he rose to the occasion and put his Naval issued dagger right into his gut. The uniformed native dropped to the ground with Etan's help silently.

At the same time, the stormtrooper's squad used this distraction to overwhelm the other AA gun. From Etan's view twelve plus rebels were taken down while one AA was demolished and a second taken by Imperial troops.

Over 500 words....

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 22, 2007 8:22:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 22, 2007 8:36:37 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 22, 2007 8:46:34 PM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  363
June 23, 2007 6:56:01 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan knew, that from the precise drop that Kaph squadron had to be the culprit. He walked up non-chalantly towards the stormtrooper squad that had taken the other AA gun. They turned on Etan in a second.

Etan, not one to be harrassed, immediatly dropped his crossbow and held his arms up. He knew he would need the support of at least this crew, if not several others, if he was to make it to the hanger bay.

The sargeant at arms called at ease. He recognized Etan's pilot insignia immediatly on his flight holster. With Etan's Imperial blaster by his side, the squad leader asked" Are you Navy?"

Etan mumbled in wookie " Yes. I am." The squad leader's universal translator said all he wanted to hear. " Pick up your crossbow pilot. We have a mission for you." Etan wasn't sure he wanted this new mission. However, the sargeant technically out-ranked him on the ground and Etan had no choice." You pilot will help us infiltrate the hanger bay where we can help support the defending battalion."

Etan had a better plan. Picking up his crossbow, he began to relate to the squadron commander/sargeant " Sir, if we were to redirect this AA gun towards any attacking parties that are currently assaulting the hanger bay we might be able to relieve them that way." The squadron leader was amazed. " I thought you would only be interested in getting back to flight, which of course would be my first initiative. However, if you feel so inclined, I'm with you fly boy..."

The squadron leader barked commands," let's go boys move that artillery unit forty five degrees westward. Come on, come on let's go." Soon the AA gun that was aimed at aerial assaults and the hanger bay was facing artilley held by the rebels to the west. Little did they know what was in store for them. Etan told the squadron commander to give him one of his best men along with a comnet communicator. The sargeant complied.

Soon Etan and his communication specialist were making thier way through the jungle towards another rebel juncture. Etan slowed cautioning his communications expert to do the same. Knowing from which direction he had come and believing his comm man to be covering his back, Etan stood tall surveying the enemy camp. It seemed for now that Kaph flight one had silenced all heavy artillery and only the guerilla rebels remained.

From what Etan could see, three laid down supporting a heavy machine gun. Four or five flanked either side, ready to charge the bay as the heavy gun laid bare. All of them were apparently waiting for a final assault command from another unit.

Etan wasn't waiting. He commanded the comm member to stand  at wait and moved in. Using his crossbow he quickly eliminated two of the right flanking rebels. With trhee more quick movements he eliminated the rest. All of the right flanking rebels laid still as Etan made his way to the heavy machine gun. The rebels hadn't even seen what was coming. Etan moved in quickly to lay them all to rest. Even the gunner hadn't seen what was coming. Still four or five rebels hid in the bushes to the left. Etan wasn't sure of what to do next.

Should he call up the comm man, thus giving him support and communications with the other squadron. Or should he use the heavy gun to mow down the other flanking rebels thus giving his position away to not only the other rebels but the hanger bay, which wouldn't know him as an ally.

602 today

-----------------------

Krius
ComNet Initiate

Krius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  194
Total Posts:  292
June 25, 2007 9:58:51 AM    View the profile of Krius 
"Kaph 11 to Kaph 9, are we gonna blow that sucker out of the sky?" Growled Krius.

"No. Were going to regroup with the rest of Kaph before attacking them. There could be a full squadron waiting for us around that mountain, and you know we won't stand a change against them."

A pained look shot through Krius. He didn't want to admit defeat, but for once he knew he would be wrong. If they attacked, they would be obliterated in a matter of seconds. Those fighters were to fast, and on top of that they were out numbered. Now is not the time to let your ego get in the way Krius... He opened up the channel again and replied. "Affirmative 9."

"Let's make a bee-line to those guns. If the fighters follow us-- Which I doubt they will-- Then we'll have to request for backup," C-3PX2 stated over the Comm.

A series of clicks signaled the Flight was ready to begin the bombing run. Krius opened up a private channel with the newest "temporary" addition to the squadron. "Kaph 12, how's everything going?"

"G-Going? E-Every thing's fine, d-don't worry, I got it all under control." Trigger answered nervously.

"Oh really?" Krius replied with a grin, "you sure about that? I dunno, you don't sound so good to me," he finished sarcastically.

"A-As long as you have my back, I'm fine."

"Don't worry Trigger, I got you. I'm just going to warn you though, this ain't gonna be a piece of cake. Things are about to get pretty bad, so get ready to pull off some fancy moves. And hey, remember who you're flying with. This is the Elite Squadron buddy, only the best fly with us."

Krius' words struck home, having the exact effect he wanted them to have. "Affirmative 11. I won't let you down," replied Trigger with new found confidence and determination.

Krius turned to face the task ahead of him. Looking out the view port of his TIE, Krius could see artillery shells raining down on the local military force, tearing apart anything that lay in their path. Tree's were set ablaze sending large black plumes of smoke into the pink colored sky. It was an amazing yet heart wrenching sight.

Large red blips appeared on Krius' radar as the flight approached the blazing artillery guns.

"I'm going to mark our first target on your radars. Get ready for run number one," C-3 said.

Krius looked at his radar. Seconds later a yellow circle appeared on one of the red blips. A beep radiated from the ships console, catching his attention. On the console screen, the number "10,000" appeared. Krius took that as the signal to drop down to 10,000 feet. He slowly pushed the control yoke forward, letting his fighter fall into a shallow dive. He looked at his Altitude meter, watching the numbers decrease from 20,000 to 15,000, and eventually 10,000.

Let the battle begin...

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
EFM/ PO1 Krius/ Kaph 11/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)/ [MC1]
Krius=Leon
Elite Squadron Flight member Kaph 11.
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  550
June 26, 2007 7:57:19 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Kaph 3

"Kaph Leader," shouted Skylla.  "A squadron of fighters approaching from my nine.  They have VE ID codes and appear to be of standard TIE model."

"This is Kaph Leader, I read ya Three.  TIE Squadron, identify yourselves."

Just read the ID code Than, it says that they are Elder Squadron.

"This is...ah...Elder Leader," replied a heavily accented voice.

Rose Thorn was beginning to catch on to why Than asked. 

"Elder Leader, most pilots, let alone SC's, don't need to think about their squadron's name."

She watched as Sion's fighter maneuvered into a position where he had a good firing angle on the arriving squadron.  The rest of One Flight did the same. 

"Uh...uh...uh...screw this, die infidels, DIE, DIE!"

"You may haven't known it before, but you're taking on the most elite squadron in VE Space.  Have a nice death."

"You are so funny, there are twelve of us and four of you."

"Didn't say you had to believe me, ok Flight 1, shred em..."

"Elder 1"

Hotshot Imp pilots, come here and soil our world and then have the balls to talk smack.  My men haven't been training for this operation for years to take shit from some SC who's head is bigger than his waste.

"Jogger, Jogger, I can't shake him! I'm smoking, I'm smoking...aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"  then there was only static.

Juggernaut was thrown off for half a second, only to come back to his senses.  It was only one man down, a lucky shot from the enemy.  That was it, all luck.  Though it was pretty good luck since one more went down, and then another.  Then he saw something growing in his view port.  The screaming, merciless, metal, high speed tool of death was given no mercy by its nickname of "squint."  I can take him, I can take him.

A head on with two fighters, never a fun event.  The two TIE's came into firing range, emerald rays of death crossed the no man's land between them.  Jogger dodge one way and then another in order to avoid the wraith of what was coming out to be a much more skilled pilot then he.  Jogger dodged to port only to hear the sound of transparisteel shattering from heat for a split second and then...blackness.

Kaph Leader

Why do they never listen.  They care too much about quantity and not enough about quality.  The best part is that they think the same thing every time they run into us.  We are not the old Empire.  We actually have skilled pilots in the here and now.  The age of swarm tactics for the Empire is over.  Well, maybe not for all of the remnants, just the ones that are still going to be around in five years.

"Kaph Leader to control, have you heard anything from Flight 2?"  Sion was getting worried about Cyleaf and the others.  He hadn't seen them since the banquet which was hours gone.

"Negative Kaph Leader," replied the communications officer.  "There has been no sign of them."

I just hope they are OK.

-----------------------
SC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][MC:2][GWC]

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.
Krius
ComNet Cadet

Krius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  201
June 28, 2007 10:11:10 AM    View the profile of Krius 
"Let them fly!" C-3 shouted into his Comm. Trigger and C-3, both in the center of the arrow-head formation, let two bombs fly. The second they released, the four Fighters pointed their noses skyward, and shot off. "Target is destroyed. Lets move onto number two."

"Roger that Flight Lead-" Krius was cutoff abruptly, his shields started flashing, streaks of red speeding by the cruising Fighters. "Crap, they got AA's! Begin evasive maneuvers!" Krius frantically screamed over the Comm, directing it more towards Trigger then anybody else. Krius pushed hard on the control yoke, bringing his TIE Interceptor into a steep dive. Scarlet lasers blew past his fighter, just hair widths of missing his shields. Krius yanked back hard on his control yoke, pulling out of the dive at 5,000 feet. The usual tinge of red that usually creeped up on his peripheral vision didn't appear this time. "Sith spawn! Its still to heated down here!" Cursed Krius.

Krius let go of the control yoke, cocked his arm back, and let his arm fly into the yoke like an open palmed punch. His TIE Fighter's nose lurched downward, faster then Krius anticipated. The sudden change of direction at the speed he was going proved to be to much for the young but experienced Pilot. His vision went hay wire, black spots with the usual tinge of red appearing. The scarlet laser blasts from the AA guns below only added more effect to the strange rainbow colors that now circled his vision. Damnit Krius! That was the dumbest thing you've ever done in a dog fight! Even with the new handicap, Krius still had control over himself. He suddenly realized that he was still hurtling down towards the planets tree covered surface. In a few seconds, Krius would be turned into a pile of ash.

Krius gripped the control yoke of the Interceptor as hard as he could, took a deep breath, and pulled. The yoke shook in his hands, feeling as if it would snap any second.  Remembering that he had more then one arm, Krius took his left hand and gripped it over the knuckles of his right. The yoke shook with even more intensity now. Krius closed his eyes, forcing himself to try and stay calm, and just focus on getting his ship parallel to the ground. This just happened to get a bit harder.

A high pitched beep signaled he was only 500 feet from ground level. "C'mon! J-Just a little bit more!" Strained Krius, his voice shaking from the torture he was enduring. He was on the verge of passing out, but he had to hold on, he couldn't die now. Krius pulled as hard as he could, every muscle in his arms buldging with effort. He could feel it, the nose was slowly floating upwards, now if only it could go a little bit faster. Krius kept pulling, his face red with exhaustion.

"Eleven, pull up now! You're gonna hit the tree's!" Shouted some unknown Flight 3 member.

Krius didn't bother responding, he needed to put all his concentration and effort into the task at hand. A small side of Krius wanted him to succumb to the fatigue, it wanted him to fall unconscious, and let deaths hand rid him of the world. Unfortunately for death, he wasn't about to give up, not yet. He still had a life to live and places to go. Besides, Krius wasn't the type to give up. "AHHHHHHHH!" Krius screamed, and screamed, and screamed, and& "I did it!!!!!" Shouted Krius with excitement.

His fighter was now parallel to the ground, the belly just inches off the tree tops. He gently pulled back on the stick, not wanting to make the same mistake as before. His vision was beginning to clear up, the battle coming back into picture.

"Alright Flight 3, I'm back in the action."

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
EFL/ PO1 Krius/ Kaph 5/ Wing 2/ mSSD Atrus/ Pheonix Wing/ VEN/ VE/ (=A=)/ [MC1]
Krius=Leon
Elite Squadron Flight Leader Kaph 5.
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 29, 2007 8:26:15 AM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Cadet

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  225
June 29, 2007 12:05:22 AM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
The battle began to heat up, only earlier at the banquet, Kaph was able to relax for the most part for at that time there was no danger. Then out of no where people ran through the city with rifles, and the worlds "The Planet Lives!" could be heard throughout the streets. Flights one and two then made a run for the hangers to get into the skies and take the fight to them. Flight three was escorting the royal family until l the guards could get there, but while they where waiting and searching for a place to hide, they were ambushed. After a small firefight against four combatants, the bodyguards arrived and fight three was finally able to head for the hangers. Flight one had arrived at the hangers, but flight two had not. Flight two was stuck behind the enemy lines, staying one step ahead of them. While at the same time, flight three ducked away in a cave to rethink their strategy. Later they continued their mission and went for the hangers. While they were close to the hanger, they met up with Crewman Gandon Frensk, a tech specialist at the West Imperial Base. He helped them along the way to find the hanger and then took up the position of Kaph 12, flying a Tie Bomber craft. They were able to power up their craft and take off, taking flight three into the air. Where they encountered a lone craft, that was later revealed to be one of three E wing Fighters. They managed to take down one but then were forced to retreat and form with the rest of Kaph.

C-3PX2 had been thinking this all over while in the flight combat. "Flight, this is Lead. We have been though a lot so far, but it is most likely going to get much worse." He began to say over comm. "I intend to take us back into harms way, if you have a problem with that, then get out now." There was silence over the comm. "good now that that is taken care of. There is a large complex on my radar. We need to go identify it and take it out, if necessary." Krius broke in, "Sir, what about the targets we have now?" C-3PX2 answered "We take them out first then move for the complex. Get into your formations, let finish these guys off." The flight began to get into its formation for attack. C-3PX2 then sent a message over comm. to the squadron commander, Than Sion. "Sir, we have found a large complex by the mountain near the Yier Temple. It has no ID; it could be the Terrorist base. I am sending you coordinates, on secure line Echo." He sent the coordinates over to the squadron commander and there was a pause before Than replied "How many buildings are over there?" C-3px2 looked out of his viewport, "There is a large stone wall around the complex. Inside it are 4 small buildings. There are also a few small shacks, but then the building that caught my attention. A castle like building on the corner of the North West wall." Than looked at the Orbital Pictures. "What is this small building outside the complex?" C-3PX2 then looked out the viewport again. "Unknown, Sir. Looks like a watch tower." Than then responded "Copy, Lets take out the targets we have then move in to see what s there. Squad Lead Out." "Roger that." He replied. C-3PX2 then turned all his attention on the targets that they had, and let the complex get moved to a waiting area of the neural net.

((609 Words)) ((Sorry i didn't write more but its 01:03 here and i need sleep))

-----------------------
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : -=Kaph Squadron=- : "We have Great Faith in Each Other, It's Called Stupidity."
> : EFL / PO1 C-3PX2 / Kaph 9 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / DEF / VEN / VE / (=A=), [MC2], [MC1]
Krius
ComNet Cadet

Krius

Post Number:  207
June 29, 2007 12:42:35 AM    View the profile of Krius 
"Flight 3, Flight 1 is going to rendezvous with us on the acquired pinpoint on your maps. I'm sending the coordinates now," C-3 reported.

Seconds later, Krius' console screen was filled with a variety of letters and numbers, showing him the exact spot of where Kaph Squadron would meet up. "I've got the header, making my way over there now," Krius called in over the Comm.

Krius scanned the tree tops below, looking for any hint of a Rebel getting ready to fire off a Proton Torpedo. He was on constant alert, jumping at any sign of movement from the forest below. He could imagine hundreds of Rebels creeping under the green rug that concealed them, getting ready to spring at any moment. They were like bugs, nasty ones. Bugs that could kill you if they managed to sink their teeth under your skin. The thought made Krius shudder. He didn't like bugs, they scared him, but if it came down to it, he would crush them with his bare hands. Just like the Rebels, Krius thought with a deranged smirk.

Whoa, I think all these fancy maneuvers are finally getting to me. Note to self: Don't play with death... Wait, I don't play with death, it plays with me... Or wait, do I play with death? That is something I will never find out... Unless I die. Wow this gets really confusing! Krius shook his head, not wanting to press the matter. It really was confusing, but in a comical way. Krius looked at his radar, checking for any enemy activity. None could be seen, but he did see something that brought him much comfort. Four green blips.

"Welcome back Kaph Lead," Krius called over the Kaph channel.

"Yea, it's great to be back. I see that you've picked someone up?" Than Sion questioned.

"Yes sir, we couldn't ask for a better Pilot," C-3 joined in, speaking up for Trigger.

"Well that's good to know, it's always nice to receive fresh talent," Than Sion replied. "So how many guns do we have left? I want to get this over with already."

"We have two gun stations left, sir. They shouldn't be too much of a problem. There are, however, a squadron of unknown Fighters somewhere amongst this region. We believe they are hostile. They're E-Wing Advanced Star Fighters. Slightly faster then us sir. We managed to take one out before they retreated, they could just be surveillance crafts."

"I highly doubt it. We encountered an enemy TIE Fighter Squadron. They tried to get the jump on us, but I knew better then that. The pilots didn't know a thing about flying, I hope I can say the same for these Fighters. For now, let's worry about destroying these gun stations. I want a protective formation around the bombers. Kal, Skylla, and I will take the front. Krius, Aristoc, and The Strangler will take the back. Keep the formation tight, as soon as we finish our strafe run, I want the bombers to hit them, and then a strafe run from the flanking guard, everyone got it?"

A series of clicks signaled that the Squadron--Or what was left of it--Was ready. They still hadn't heard a word from Flight 2, hopefully they were alright. The squadron's formation was tight, yet spread out at the same time. Distance wise, they were as close as could be, but the width of the formation itself was loose.

"Get ready for enemy contact," Kal said over the comm..

Oh I've been ready. Krius gripped the joy stick with his right hand, and let his left hand hover over the firing controls. Just then, an idea came to mind. "Kaph Leader, I just remembered that we have missiles. We can hit them with one run! We don't need the bombers for both. They can pull out after the first target is destroyed, and we can finish the others!"

There was a pause over the comm as Krius waited for the reply. "Good thinking 11. You all heard what he said; I want the bombers to hold back after the first target is destroyed. We can handle the second target. It's less risky," finished Than Sion as he turned to face the oncoming Gun Station.

A scarlet laser blast shot past the fighters, no where close of hitting its target. It was intended as a warning shot, or at least seemed like one. A second shot zipped past the Squadron, closer then the one before. There were more lasers now, and their shots were getting closer and closer to their intended targets. Krius started jerking his fighter up and down, trying to make himself as hard a target to hit as possible. He then added side movements to it, changing the pattern up every time a laser shot past his fighter.

To Krius's surprise, the volley of scarlet death rays didn't come in huge quantities anymore, and were easy to dodge. This made Krius grow comfortable, one of the worst things a Fighter Pilot could do in times like this. "This is going to be easy."

Krius watched as Than Sion's group of Fighters engaged the enemy, lighting up trees and turning metal to liquid. The bombers followed, each dropping one bomb onto the helpless but courageous Rebels. The rear guard didn't even have to do anything; the bombers had gotten the job done. The gun station erupted in flames, sending large chunks of metal skyward, along with a few bodies to add to the magnificent display.

"Target one is destroyed, lets move onto the ne-" Than Sion was cut off by another voice.

"Control to Kaph Squadron, we have some good news. An Imperial squad of Storm Troopers managed to capture one of the gun stations, there is no need to destroy it. We also have reports of a few Pilots with them, one of them being a Wookie."

"A Wookie? Then those are my Pilot's, control. Are there any other reports of enemy forces near by? We'd be more then happy to take them out, over," Than Sion replied.

"Copy that Kaph Leader. The local forces have managed to put a hold on all ground threats. There is only one more thing your squadron has to worry about. An enemy squadron of E-Wings."

"Speaking of E-Wings," Than Sion added, throwing a glance at his radar, "Their on their way here right now. Permission to engage?"

"Permission granted. Be advised though, you are outnumbered."

"Don't worry control, Kaph Squadron has been outnumbered plenty of times before, it's no big deal. Kaph Leader over and out."

"Than, what do you want us to do with the Bombers?" C-3PX2 asked.

"I want you to land and help the AA gunners, you'll soon know why."

"Roger that Kaph Leader."

The two Bombers broke off from the squadron, turning back around from the way they came. "Here's the plan Kaph," Than Sion broke in. "Were gonna lure them into a trap. We need the fight to stay over the gun station, that way our AA's can help get them off our backs. As long as we stay within AA range, then we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Everyone got that? Good," Than Sion answered before anyone had time to reply.

"I have the targets in my sights," Kal called in over the Comm. "Kaph Leader, I have a suggestion. There's only eleven enemy Fighters. If they choose to go two on one, then that will leave one of us with one fighter to deal with and that shouldn't be a problem at all. That one pilot needs to deal with the fighter as quickly as possible, and then assist us.  That's just about the only way we can do it," finished Kal.

"Good thinking Kal. Everyone form up on me, and follow my lead. Loose Arrow Head formation," Than said.

The squadron did as they were asked. The E-Wings were coming in hard and fast, trying to get the Imperials backs. That's exactly what they wanted. Krius throttled up to full speed, following Than's lead. The E-Wings Pilots were probably thinking that they were suicidal, but unfortunately for them, they didn't know that one of their gun stations had been captured.

The tree's below were nothing more then a green blur now, the Gun Station up ahead growing bigger and bigger as they approached. "Wow these guys are fast!" Krius exclaimed to himself as he saw how much distance they had gained on the Imperial Squadron. Krius reached up to his left, flicking a red switch and a green switch. He then quickly pressed a couple of buttons next to the switches, and watched on his Shields screen as they were boosted to 110% for the cost of some fire power. His fingers danced along the control panel as he powered all his shields energy to the back of his Fighter. He was going to need it.

"Here we go!" Krius shouted over the comm as they passed over the Gun Station. Seconds later, the sounds of blazing laser cannons could be heard from behind, followed by an explosion. Krius managed to squeeze a look from behind, and was happy to see that one of the enemy Fighters was destroyed. A cloud of smoke signaling where it had once been. For some reason, the speeding Fighters actually comforted him. They were novices after all.

Krius started to slow his ship, watching the other Kaph Pilots speed away. One of the enemy E-Wings let out a dual linked blast of cannon fire, and this is when he sprung into action. Krius yanked the control yoke into his chest, and then slanted it to the left, making his ship rise at an angle. He stamped down hard on the left rudder pedal, making his ship start to spin to the left, and then widened the arc of his turn. Krius grinned as he initiated the barrel roll, watching the squadron shoot past him.

Jamming the throttle to full, Krius was kicked back into his seat with the sudden increase of speed. The enemy fighters had tried to slow down, but it was no use. They were caught completely off guard. This also gave Krius room to catch up, which he did with succession. As usual, Krius went for the fighter on the far left, letting out a volley of linked cannon fire. One of the shots managed to hit the surprised fighter pilot, his shields glimmering red.

The fight was on.

Krius quickly turned to the left, managing to stay on the Fighters tail. He fired one linked blast of cannon fire, the emerald lasers streaking towards its target. His shields quickly blinked twice, and then flickered out. Now lets get a missile lock. The E-Wing only had speed on his side, but his maneuvers were disgusting. They didn't even come close to putting him out of harms way. Krius was stuck to the E-Wings tail like white on rice. He quickly started turning the red dial, trying to get an exact distance so he could initiate the missile lock. A small yellow diamond appeared over the enemy fighter on his targeting screen. It quickly turned red, and a high pitched whine filled the cock pit. "Hope you have fun in the after life!" Krius shouted to himself as he fired the missile.

Krius didn't plan on waiting for the missile to hit, he had seen it many times before, and it was nothing new to him. Krius brought his razor edged wings vertical to the ground, and then pulled back on the joy stick, making his fighter do a horizontal loop, which brought him back into the fray.

"Kaph 11, Aristoc needs help, go back him up now!" Shouted Cyleaf who was currently trying to get a fighter off The Stranglers tail.

Krius scanned the air space in front of him, finding his target in only a matter of seconds. He flew as fast he possibly could towards the dodging Aristoc. He was doing fairly well considering it was a two on one, but he wouldn't last long like that. The fighter Krius was going for seemed to take no notice of the approaching TIE, or so he thought. Just as Krius was about to fire a burst of linked cannon fire, the enemy E-Wing did something that Krius never saw coming. A Barrel Roll. The fighter pilot executed it perfectly, an exact imitation of what Krius had done to the squadron before. This guy was no novice, and now he was on Krius's tale.

The E-Wing let out a burst of dual linked cannon fire, managing to get two hits on Krius, dropping his shields down to 50%. Krius juked to the right, initiating a dive right afterwards. He pulled out of the dive as quickly as he had initiated it. To his misfortune, the E-Wing was still on his tail. Krius' ship rocked side to side as it was hit by another blast from the E-Wings cannons, bringing his shields to 10%. One more hit and he would be a goner. He knew he could only do one thing. Lead the fighter into a trap.

Krius break turned port, bringing his fighter in the direction of the gun station. The E-Wing was quickly catching up, throwing away all caution. He wanted a kill. Krius wouldn't let him get that kill though no matter what.

"Kaph 11 to Gun Station! Get this guy off of my tail!"

"You're in the way, we can't risk you get-"

"Screw that, I don't care if you guys shoot me! Just get this guy off my tail!"

Krius had just made a big mistake.

The Gun Station was now in his sights, and that meant they had the E-Wing in their sights& Or so he thought. The next few things happened fast. Five blasts of laser fire were shot from the AA's in the gun station. One of them was headed directly towards Krius' line of flight. He tried to dodge the scarlet ray of death, but was too late in doing so. Pulling up at the last second, Krius felt a small rumble throughout the Fighters hull. A red light started flashing on and off, signaling he had taken severe damage. He was losing energy and fast. Engine Failure.

Another explosion was heard from behind, signaling the E-Wing had been destroyed. Krius did his best to keep calm and called over the Comm system. "I'm hit, I'm hit! I'm going down!"

Krius had to think, and fast. At this point, it looked like the only possible thing he could do was power his shields to the bottom of his craft, and try and use them as a damage nullifier. He would have to land in his trees. That was when Krius saw it. It was a large lake, and from the looks of it, he would be able to make it. Krius pointed the nose of his ship in the direction of the lake. "I've found a lake, I'm gonna try and make a crash landing. Repeat, crash landing in the lake!"

Krius gently guided his ship downwards. He would have to pull up at the last second to try and slow down as much as possible. The lake was even closer now, it could be his death bed, or his savior.

"Five, four, three, two-" Krius yanked back as hard as he could on the control yoke, bringing his ships nose skyward, and then he hit.

It felt as if someone had taken a giant sledge hammer and hit the Fighter with all their strength. Even with the Harness, Krius was thrown around like a rag doll. The next thing he saw was the ship sinking into the lakes murky water, and then everything went black.

Sometime later

Krius awoke, feeling slightly dizzy. He couldn't move his arm, and he was still slightly dazed from the impact of the crash. He blinked hard a couple of times, regaining his eye sight.

He smiled.

Krius was still alive, he had made it. He turned to the left, his grin growing even wider. The whole squadron was there, chatting away happily.

We did it...

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited June 29, 2007 4:55:00 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  558
June 29, 2007 10:17:18 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
It's good to hear that Flight 2 is ok, I wouldn't have felt secure about the future of Kaph Squadron if they had perished.  The E-Wings were being obliterated by the combination of AA fire and fighter combat.  The inexperienced pilots just couldn't handle the situation.  Sion sniffed the rubbery scent of scrubbed air.  As far as he was concerned it was the smell of victory.  All the rioting groundside had almost simultaneously ended earlier.  He soon learned why.

"This is control to Kaph Leader, we have just received word that Nazgul Squadron has destroyed the enemy base."

"That explains the end of the ground fighting," commented TS.  "Out of curiosity, where was it located."

"It just happened to be the temple of Nesum to the south."

"The warrior sect, why am I not surprised?  You'd think that they would..."

He was cut short by the shouting of one of his men.  "Kaph 11 to Gun Station! Get this guy off of my tail!"

"You're in the way, we can't risk you get-"

"Screw that, I don't care if you guys shoot me! Just get this guy off my tail!"

He watched as an AA bolt shot through Krius' engine block.  A small explosion shot out from the port propulsion cone.  You can't die Krius, not now, not when we are so close to the end of this mess!

"I'm hit, I'm hit! I'm going down!"

Thank God, he's still in there!  There is still a chance that he could make it.  Come on man, we've been through too much together for you to push up daises now.  You're too good to die from hitting the ground!  I didn't give temporary command of the second flight to no idiot!

"I've found a lake, I'm gonna try and make a crash landing. Repeat, crash landing in the lake!"

"This is control to Kaph Leader, we have confirmed that all enemy fighters have been destroyed.  Sending out recovery teams to figure out where the E-Wings came from, its over Kaph Leader."

"No," replied Than, "there is still one more thing I have to do."

With that he steered his craft toward the man made comment flashing across the sky and put all power into his engines.  If you survive the crash, someone is going to have to pull you out.  Every ounce of energy in his body he dedicated to getting his Interceptor there when Krius made contact with the water.  Every good commander promises himself that he will get all of his men home and it is always broken.  But he or she keeps trying for quitting would crush everything that they believe in.  I can't let Krius die, I will not let him die!

His effort had paid off, he was on the tail of the dieing craft, chasing the comma of combusted, leaking fuel.  His reversed throttle, bringing his fighter down lightly upon the sandy shore of the lake.  He tore off his helmet and let it roll up against the foot pedals.  Sion popped the hatch only to hear the sound of a large object breaking the surface of the lake.  He scrambled out of his fighter and hit the wet sand of the beach on all fours.  He threw off his boots and gloves as he ran toward the water.  The sinking Interceptor forced him to push himself harder.  He unclipped his flak jacket and threw it to the side, it would only weigh him down.  So would his flight suit, he unzipped it and left it upon the sands of fate with the rest of his gear. 

The TIE was completely under when Sion dove into the cold water only in his briefs.  The shock did not slow him down, he swam as fast as his muscles could allow toward the blurry object ahead of him.  It was about 15 feet down when he got to the fighter.  He quickly slide back a panel and punched in the access code.  He flipped the hatch open rapidly and shot in with the rushing water so that he would be able to cover Krius' mouth and nose to prevent Kaph 11 from drowning.  Because of the weight of the destroyed engine block, the ship was sinking backwards, leaving an air pocket inside the view port.  TS brought his head up into the canopy and gulped in air, but not for long.  He dove back under and undid Krius' restraints, bringing the pilot's limp head up into the air to let his unconscious body receive oxygen.  He then replaced his hand over Kaph 11's breathing holes, held his own breath, and swam  both of them out of the hatch.  Swimming upward, it seemed like an eternity.  His lungs burned for air has he swam toward the top of the water.  Finally he broke surface, taking in air like he had never encountered it before.

He saw things on the shore by his fighter as he swam toward it.  In fact, they were more fighters and people.  The other members of the squadron to be exact.  There was a cry of joy when they the pair approach the shore.  When they hit shallows, Sion dragged the limp body of his comrade onto the beach.  Then he collapsed onto the sand in exhaustion, how good it felt. 

Ten minutes later, Than Sion regained his strength  and looked up to see Skylla kneeling next to him. 

"I love you," said Sion with a gleam in his fatigued eyes.

"I know," replied Skylla.  "By the way, Krius is probably going to be just fine.  Though we can't be sure if that would be the case if you hadn't went in after him."

"Good thing I did then," replied Than as he stood up.  He looked over to see Krius, he was waking up.  He has that dumb grin on his face again, that lucky bastard.  "Well, I  guess that's mission complete."

Etan growled something off.  Sion had been working on learning Wookie just about since the time Etan joined the squadron.  He glared at the hairy being when he made the rough translation in his head.

"What do you mean by "can't say the same thing about your weight lifting schedule?!"

Sion remembered then that he was in nothing but his underwear.  He didn't really care, even though everybody was laughing at him now.  Almost everybody...

"Where's Cyleaf?" asked Sion in a worried tone.

The humor was knocked out of everybody at that very moment.

"You must have ditched your fighter before you got the message," began Skylla.  "Medical teams have recently found Cyleaf, he's been shot.  It's bad.  He might not pull through."  You save one and another one falls.  Damn it!  After saving you once I would think that you would have stuck around!  My bother...I hope you live on.

"It can never be happy endings, can it?"  He looked over at Krius.  "Might as well get better soon, I'm going to need your skills to keep this squadron running.  I both am happy to and regret to say that the Second Flight Leader position is now yours, full time."

With that, Kaph's Commander went to fetch his flight suit, wondering what the future held for him, his men, and the Empire...

(OCC: The story is technically finished, but if some of you have any character development you want to write about it is fine with me if you do so.)

-----------------------
SC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][MC:2][GWC]

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.
etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  365
June 30, 2007 9:20:42 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
After taking command of the first AA gun, Etan began to take control of the whole ground ops situation in the bunker area.

It's not that the emplaced stormtroopers weren't effiecient. It was only that thier forces were depleted by a massive withdrawal of troops, deemed to be unnessessary. Therefore, when the revolution evolved the entrenched stormtroopers found themselves overwhelmed. As did the Naval dignitaries and thier flight groups.

Flight one and three of Kaph squadron, along with the rest of Nazgul squadron had managed to take to the skies and space.

Etan, being part of flight two Kaph squadron, and feeling like the only one one left from his squadron, was doing what only felt natual to him. Commanding the time and space that he was in.

He commanded a team of stormtroopers to shoot for the stars and intercept any enemy spacecraft that came with in sights. Soon, Etan could not tell, it seemed as if allied Tie Fighters were coming in range.

Yeah, that was flight one and parts of flight three. He knew his comrades in flight formation. Quickly after them were a new fighter group, E-Wings. Etan wasn't familiar with them ,but, quickly ordered his AA gun to fire. Soon enemy craft were falling from the skies as Etan left commands to continue firing on such craft, he left with a platoon of stormtrooper to take over the next position.

Still the hanger bay held on as rebel forces bombarded them from all around. Etan and a few elite stormtroopers had been able to snare an AA gun from them, but still they persisted. Small arms fire and a group from the jungle assisted by a heavy artillery unit continued to bombard the frontal bay. It looked as if the bay would be captured, along with the remaining Advanced Tie fighters that lay within.

Etan advanced with his platoon of stormtroopers, through the thick jungles where noone expected. They were an exceptional group of fighters if not elite. They advanced where none should have gone, and, Etan was proud of them. The Sgt., Etan was bad with names, kept calling to his troops, "YOU WOOSEY,NO GOOD FOR NOTHING A- HOLES CAN'T KEEP UP WITH A WOOKIE. TAKE YOUR A$$E$ BACK HOME."

Everyone of them did thier part. They saw steps from enemy troops where noone else could see. They had constant communication with the rest of the command, including the AA gun they had already taken, which was dropping enemy fighters like flies. Etan personally, would have called them the A-Team.

Etan leading the group could hear, far in advance, rebel forces trying to close in on the hanger bay. Etan wasn't ready for that. There was still a fighter left in there for him. And once he had gained command of the ground situation, he was ready to join he comrades in flight.

Slowly, Etan and the stormtroopers advanced upon the next heavy artillery position. Entrenched around them were snpier and ground forces ready for attack. Etan, taking the lead, took out the first such entrenchment. Two snipers and a machine gun. Quickly, the rest of the stormtroopers took the lead. Slowly, one by one, each enemy entrenchment was taken from behind until only the heavy artilley was left. Etan led the team on that. He charged up quickly, cutting the throat of the first officer, while his great platoon, took over the heavy gun.

Etan, seeing the tides turn slowwly on the battle, talked to the first Sargent, who understood Wookie perfectly. "Sargent Michal. Can you take command of this situation while I try to make my way towards the hanger bay and take command from there." "Aye,Aye Cap'n Crunch" he replied comically.

Etan took that to mean the tides had turned in the battle, and that he could make his way towards the hanger bay to join his comrades in the skies in battle.

And the tides had turned indeed. The stormtroopers in the new emplacement had turned thier heavy guns upon the encroaching rebels, and they fled as the new gun fired. More troops rallied behind this gun.  Troopers from the hanger bay began to advance.
All of this, due to to advances by Senior Crewman Etan. How comical now did that joke told by Enzadi became. " Go Back There is a flight of them."

And how Etan felt like a flight. He had lost his commander CY in the beginning of the campaign. His flight companion Willtconq had never shown up. That left Etan on his own from the beginning. And Etan had persevered. He fought his way through the initial onslaught. He watched as flight one and three made thier way respectively. He looked for support to get him through the destruction. He found his way inevitably. He was able to rally the remaining stormtroopers, while his ever adequate squadron rained destuction from above. He only knew that a Tie fighter was waiting for him in that hanger bay and that the forces he had rallied would help him get there.

Sure enough, as Etan made his way towards the hanger bay, the entrenched stormtroopers were making a charge out. Seeing Etan with his pilot status they formed a line of destruction that was second to none. Firing upon a specially hard target, they cheered Etan on, saying" Go pilot, GO. We got your back."

With that Etan ran on into the hanger bay. Eyeing a specially armed craft, Etan climbed into the Tie A1 Advanced. As far as he was concerned, it was specially built for him. While it had advanced manuverability and fire power, it had extra head room, which is really what the Wookie liked.

Technicians stood by. They weren't really sure about his wookie fighter pilot, but, they wern't about to argue with him. In a flash he was off. He knew the ground situation, but wasn't real claer about the space situation. Immediately he checked his comm and tried to link up with commander Than.

"Commander Than, sorry to be so late, but I had a situation on ground. Crewman Etan reporting sir." Etan hadn't left the stratossphere. Maybe that was the problem. He repeated again. He didn't know what else to do. He knew some of what needed to be done on the ground. But, only one of his flight squadron could assess him of the skies.

Shortly after entering space, commander Than acknowledged Etan's hailing call. "Etan, join flight command to re-enter the Atrius. It's over,son. We have won." Etan was overwhelmed. He hadn't realized how long it had took him to join the rest of the squadron.

Upon landing though, he realized how much of an impact his remaining on the planet had made. Krius, rescued from his crash landing, and being hauled by a floating medics cot had nearly wanted to embrace the big old Wookie, but, couldn't.

" You damn fool. If you hadn't have taken that AA gun I don't know what we'd have done." Krius saluted in pain with his left arm broken. Even Commander Than acknowledged his accomplishments. "Damned it. If a Wookie isn't good for something. Keep this up and we'll transfer you to the Army. Your sure to be a General there before long." All in all the Kaph had a successful mission, and Etan was glad.

Over 1100 words post script. Hope they count for something. See ya in the VEN..
-----------------------

[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 9:43:10 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 9:50:41 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 10:07:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 10:33:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 10:40:38 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 10:46:00 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 10:59:36 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 11:18:34 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 30, 2007 11:48:50 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited July 1, 2007 10:26:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited July 3, 2007 11:45:29 PM)]
Krius
ComNet Cadet

Krius

Post Number:  216
July 3, 2007 6:01:24 PM    View the profile of Krius 
------------------Aboard The Atrus---------------------

"Seems like your arm is broken in three different places, nothing we can't handle," said the male medic with confidence as he examined Krius' left arm.

"Look, I don't need all this info right now. I just wanna know if I'll be able to Box. After you answer that, you can do what ever it is you want to do to my arm, but fix it, and fix it good," Krius replied with annoyance.

"No worries here. You'll be able to start Boxing again in about a week," replied the Medic as he pulled out a Med-Pack. The pack read "GLiS Emergency Med-Pack." It was the standard Med-Pack for all Navy Medical Officers. It contained treatments that could heal everything ranging from broken bones, to burns and traumatic injuries. The Officer pulled out a dull gray spray can, about six inches in length, and three inches in diameter. Its contents were blank. "Now this might hurt for a second, brace yourself."

At least he's straight forward.

The Medic hesitated, frowning for a quick second. This caught Krius' attention, arousing his curiosity. He opened his mouth to speak, and then clamped down on his teeth hard as a burning pain spread throughout his whole arm. He gritted his teeth back and fourth, resisting the urge to grunt. He could feel his jaw muscles bulge as he did so, and just as quick as it had started, it stopped. "Well that was pleasant," Krius said sarcastically.

"Glad you thought so. Most people don't," replied the Medic, readying a twelve gauge needle for injection. "That's just to keep the swelling down, and it will also act as a nummer for a good two days. I suggest you buy a bottle for yourself, 'cus after these two day's, you're gonna be in some serious pain," finished the Medic, his black eye brows coming together in concentration.

"Pain? Believe me man, I know what real pain is. I doubt this is gonna be that bad," answered Krius, shifting uncomfortably in his seat at the sight of the large needle. He didn't mind needles, but big ones? That was a different story.

The medic pressed down on the injection button, sending a small spray of transparent green liquid flying through the air, landing on the metal transport deck below. Due to the loss of his TIE Interceptor, Krius was forced to board with the rest of the injured Troopers and Pilots. A year earlier he had destroyed one of these ships. The thoughts brought back bad memories, and some good ones. He couldn't think about that though, he had done as ordered, and completed the mission. That was what mattered, and that was what counted.

Krius watched as the needle was lowered towards his bicep; it paused in mid-air, and then sunk itself into his skin, and dove into muscle. It felt as if his arm had just turned into a river. He could feel the liquid surging through out his arm, almost as if it were alive.

"Like I said, it should be operational in about a week. Try not to move it to much, and don't do any kind of physical work with it. Consider this a mini vacation, and don't forget to buy the nummer I just used, you're gonna need it."

"Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. And don't be surprised if you see me ending up in a position like this again," Krius said with a wink. He got up from the Dura-Steel bench that he had managed to turn into a seat, turned around to the Medical Officer, snapped a quick salute, and strode off to the back of the ship where the launch ramp was located.

Krius slowly descended down the ramp, his left arm dangling limp at his side. He felt vulnerable without it. It was like losing a tooth. You would constantly feel for it, and instead there would just be a gap. This was about ten times worse though for Krius, considering the fact that he was a lefty. That was the least of his worries at the moment though.

Cyleaf kept drifting in and out of this thoughts, another burden placed upon himself. Not only that, but what would Cyleaf think of Krius when he got back? If he got back? Would he hate him for being placed as the Second Flight Leader? Or would he still be a good friend? Questions like these kept running through Krius' mind, and it was driving him nuts.

He needed a drink.

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
"We have Great Faith in Each Other, It's Called Stupidity."
Krius=Leon
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  564
July 4, 2007 9:43:08 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
A long time ago, someone said that you could see into someone's soul through their eyes.  The violet eyes of the Zabrak on the medical cot were now cruelly veiled with flesh.  There was no way to tell the strength of Cyleaf's soul, only the physical condition of his body through beeping machines that were helping him stay alive.  Those computers are worth shit as far as I am concerned.  At this point, no level of medical science will save him if he doesn't have the will to live.  So here I sit in a medical room, waiting for his eyes to open so that I can know what is going on behind them.  Sitting here so that he remembers he has something to live for.

A doctor entered the room, his attention was directed toward Than Sion.  "I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but we're going to have to take him back to surgery.  You'll have to leave now."

"I understand, Doctor," replied Kaph Leader.  "Zabraks can be tricky to do surgery on because of their neural track.  You probably had to bring in a specialist, I wouldn't want to keep you waiting."

Sion left the room, heading for the elevator out of the Atrus' medical bay.  He saw Krius leaving a room on his way, Sion approached him.

"Good...morning, Krius," greeted Sion as he glanced at his watch.  "How's the arm?"

"Hey Commander," replied the newly minted flight leader.  "The doc says It'll be all better in a week.  How's Cyleaf?"

Sion replied by shaking his head.  "They still don't know if he is going to pull through or not."

"I hope he does, I don't know what the squadron would be without him.  Hey, I was planning on getting a drink, interested in tagging along?"

"No problem with that."  They entered the repulsor lift, Sion messed with the buttons until he got the desired floor.  "I got all the paper work in last night, you're official now."

"Thank you sir, I'll try not to let you down."

"Sir?  You don't sound like your usual cocky self."

"There are things bugging me right now."

"That seems to be the case with all of us."

The door opened, they strode out of the car...

Kaph 3

She sat on the edge of her bunk cleaning a pistol.  It was interesting how something so complicated could have such a definite purpose.  The same purpose that something as simple as a knife could fulfill.  But that was man, always looking for the next thing that could kill more people or kill people more effectively.  It was something hard wired into homo sapiens, the action of killing each other.  They always looked for what was different between them before they looked for what was similar.  It's both a miracle and curse that man didn't kill itself off on the planet of origin. 

But man isn't all bad.  Humans also have their good side.  Man has the ability to love, to care about other's more than one's self.  A great many a men have given their lives to save a friend or a complete stranger.  It could be said that man is at its best when the times are at their worst.  In times of trouble, men band together to overcome that obstacle which opposes them.  It could be argued that these traits redeem man from the damnation they deserve...   

-----------------------

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited July 4, 2007 9:52:56 PM)]
Krius
ComNet Cadet

Krius

Post Number:  219
July 5, 2007 11:13:39 AM    View the profile of Krius 
"Aww man, you gotta love this stuff. Washes away all your pain and sorrows," Krius said in a dull tone, slowly rolling his glass of Correlian Ale around.

Than Sion watched as his friend and newest Flight Leader rolled the purple liquid around in the glass. "Krius..." Than Sion begun. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. There was nothing we could do to change what happened. If I could, you know I would& But there's just so much I can do..."

"Haha, and you tell me I'm being hard on myself." Krius set the glass of Ale down on the bar, a little harder then he expected. He winced as a few droplets of the delicious tasting ale went scattering about, but tried not to show it. "Listen Than, I know you're the SC and everything, but I don't want you putting all the weight on your shoulders. None of this... None of this should have happened! It was supposed to be a damn fancy dinner, and we were supposed to pig out, have fun, and relax. That's what I was expecting, and I'm pretty sure that's what the rest of the Squadron was expecting also.

"But that's not what happened. Imperial Intelligence screwed up bad. And now they got you thinking that you messed up." Krius paused, taking some time to catch his breath. "We didn't even have to do a damned thing about it! We could have just waited until the battle died out. We could have saved our own asses, but we didn't. We fought, and we fought hard. So no one! No one!" Krius paused for effect, wanting it to all sink in. "No one can tell us that it was our fault."

Krius put his only usable hand on his friends shoulder. "Than Sion. You saved my life... I would have died without a doubt if you hadn't of done what you did. I swear man, I could feel deaths touch. It wanted me..." Krius looked down as his knee's, blinking back some tears. "Almost had me to. But I couldn't give up; I knew there was a faint glimmer of hope... I was praying that some angel would save me, pull me away from deaths grasp, and he did. That Angel was you man..."

Krius paused, wiping his eyes. "I hate to get all giddy like this man, but I never get to have these moments... You know, the dramatic ones and everything," Krius couldn't help but play a little joke into the speech, causing him and his SC to laugh. "And Than, one more thing. I'm happy and everything about the promotion, but it just feels wrong..."

"Yes, I know how you feel. You think that the only reason you were put in there was because you were the oldest Kaph member. You're wrong. I put you in there for a number of reasons, one of them being because you're a good companion, and you care about your Squadron mates. You're also a good friend."

"Thanks Than.... I just have one condition that I need you to accept."

"And that is?"

"That when ever you need someone to talk to, just come to me. I'll always be there for you man, especially if you need help with the ladies. I don't want you carrying the burden all the time."

"That sounds good to me-" Than Sion's comlink let out a series of sharp chirps. The Squadron Commander quickly detached if off his utility belt and opened up the channel. "Ensign Than Sion here..."

"Than! Cyleaf is going to make it! He's gonna survive!" Skylla reported happily over the comlink.

Than Sion's expression didn't change though, he knew something else was up. "What's the catch?"

"I knew you would say something like that..." She paused for a few seconds. "He won't come out for a while, he's going to undergo a series of surgeries, and this could take up to a few months. Then he will need to go through rehabilitation, and that could take a while... But Than, he's aliv-"

"This calls for a little get together. Skylla, pass the word around to all the squadron members; I want to see your little pretty face up here as soon as possible. That's an order," Than Sion said with an evil grin.

"Oh you're good Than, nice move," Krius whispered with a crooked smile on his face.

"Krius, I heard that. And Than, I'll see you in a bit, don't get into to much trouble with that little punk. I'm telling you, he's a bad influence."

"Look at all those hot women Than, lets go talk to 'em!" Krius said aloud, hoping that Skylla would hear his smart remark.

"Ok, just watch Krius. See you in a bit Than, love you."

"Love you to," Than replied, cutting the channel. He looked up at Krius grinning, giving him a playful punch on the arm. "Don't ever do that again! You know how she can get sometimes!"

"Haha yea. Its good to see you guys are doing well together. That reminds me, I needa get a girl myself. Maybe there's a few around here..."

-----------------------
KaphSquadron
"We have Great Faith in Each Other, It's Called Stupidity."
Krius=Leon
[This message has been edited by Krius (edited July 5, 2007 11:16:12 AM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Cadet

C-3PX2

Post Number:  227
July 5, 2007 1:39:05 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
Kaph Flight Three was finally home, they were back on the Atrus. Safe from anyone who dares to try to attack them. The Atrus is basically a fortress flying through space. It is impenetrable. C-3PX2 walked out of the hanger bay after landing his TIE/IN in the TIE hanger bay. He walked out to see exactly what he expected to see. This ship was in perfect condition, it was laid back but battle ready. The halls were spotless; the service tunnels were all sealed. C-3PX2 walked down the halls of the Atrus walking towards the Kaph Squadron Quarters. He walked to the door and presses the button to open the door. He walked over to his bunk and noticed a data pad on it. He immediately downloaded the data pad into his neural net, and then erased the data pad clean of any data. He was not sure what this one was, he had not received any updated on Etti IV. He had only received them before he went there, and he did not think he would be getting any more. He stood up and walked out of the Kaph Quarters, he would read through the data on the way.

He then opened the data while he walked through the halls to the bar. Why a droid needed to go to the bar, he was not sure. He began to read the message.

>> E771 1V; l1NknoWN
>: hO571Le2 74keN over KON7RoL.
>: reC4ll oF 4lL 4v41l48le 7rOop2
>: 422em8le NE4R KU@, Ch4n9e 5h1p 1d KoDe 7O:
>:  |<|_|47 |_O4|_1572

Which when put through a Coded message Translator would say:

>> ETTI IV; Unknown
>: Hostiles taken over control.
>: Recall of all Available Troops
>: Assemble near Kuat, Change Ship ID code to:
>:  |<|_|47 |_O4|_1572

The idea was for the ships to assemble and then change their ID code to the specified code. Then they would all jump into the system and radar would show them all as the same ship. He was not sure why, after the loyalists lost the war, they would want to assemble and attack the confederates on the surface. But he knew he had to go and fight, he just had to wait before he could go.

He continued on his was walking through the halls of the Atrus, trying to get to the bar. He knew that all of his squad mates were probably there, since that's where most of them seemed to spend their time. He managed to get to the entrance of the bar, and walked in. He saw Krius up at the bar getting something to drink. He walked over to the bar, "Congratulations of the new position, you have earned it." Krius seemed upset at the comment. "Thanks." He said still somewhat upset. "Any word on Cyleaf's condition? How is he doing?" Krius took a drink, and then said "He is going to make it, it will take a while but he is going to be ok. Didn't you get the com-message?" C-3PX2 looked at his comlink. "I forgot I turned it off before I got here in the bar." Krius slightly laughed. C-3PX2 then took a look around the bar, noticing that everything seemed to be back to normal.

((535 Words))

-----------------------
> : EFL / PO1 C-3PX2 / Kaph 9 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / DEF / VEN / VE / (=A=), [MC2], [MC1]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  615
August 9, 2007 12:53:31 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Um... sorry.  Posted something in the wrong place :P.
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][MC:2][GWC][LSM]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.

ESA/PFC Than Sion/Walmart 5-5/Subway/mIRC/VE[CoR][GWS][ISaDJGF]
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited August 9, 2007 12:55:49 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Cadet

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  299
Total Posts:  553
November 22, 2007 4:40:37 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tallied here.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Imperial Guardian
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph Squadron Story Thread  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:40:47 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 82  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >