Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Through the Eyes of Tyranny

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Nazgul Squadron: Through the Eyes of Tyranny
Evil_Clown
ComNet n00b

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  115
  RE: Nazgul Squadron: Through the Eyes of Tyranny
March 3, 2007 9:53:43 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
This wasn't anything like combat in atmosphere.

For one, you couldn't plant mines in the sky.

Her Interceptor screamed, as she put it in a tight dive and a tight turn, her eyes shut, as the mine detonated, and her shields shook...she opened her eyes, kept them peeled for more mines, sensors weren't quite useless, but the metal content of these asteroids was making their telemetry questionable.

A quick glance at her displays...no damage, just shields down to an unacceptibly low percentage and regenerating slowly, lasers sizzling past her cockpit, Delia skimming the surface of one of the larger asteroids, the laser fire growing more persistent, Delia twisting and diving again, twisting up immediately after that, this kriffing asteroid lousy with mines, Delia barrel rolling, the Y-Wing not falling for that, barrel rolling along with her, these guys were too good, and she....

...Lelondi falling towards the Badlands, screaming for help, her Talon trailing smoke, the frag who'd killed her leading his friends towards Delia, filling the toxic sky with laser bolts, Lelondi apologizing for letting herself get shot down, just before she told Delia she....

...she was screaming, as she manipulated the ion streams, her Interceptor turning around, lasers spitting fire, her shields switched to double front, as she charged the bandit, hammering his shields, jamming his ion cannon turret in mid-traverse, the Y-Wing diving sharply down and away from her, Delia following him down, not caring about the missile warning tone howling in her ears for the fifth or thousandth time today, just watching her lasers blast away little bits of Y-Wing, its R2 unit's domed head crumpling, the missile warning tone getting louder, sounding a lot like a young woman screaming at her, demanding to know why she'd let her down, why she wasn't kriffing dead yet like she should be, like she....

"...deserve," Father said, standing over the eight-year old girl, belt in his hands, foot on her back, stomping her down, when she tried getting up....

...now, that kriffing Y-Wing swam in her field of vision, Delia breaking sharply to the left, proton torps streaking past her, an explosion from below buffeting her fighter, pelting restored shields with bits of asteroid, Delia maneuvering away from the asteroid, another Y-Wing rocking her shields with laser fire, an excited voice shouting over comms "I got the--", before someone got him, Delia reflexively checking her displays...still no damage, yet, shields were up to a somewhat less unacceptiable percentage, more mines ahead of her, a pair of Y-Wings bracketing a damaged, fatally-spinning TIE Interceptor, the Interceptor managing to regain control by either sheer luck or sheer skill, his wingman streaking to his aid, the Y-Wing on her tail proving his sheer skill by not disengaging her to take on the wingman or attempting to steal the potential kill from his own mates, instead staying with the target he'd selected for himself, Delia drifting to the right, then to the left, to throw off his aim, laser and ion cannon fire sizzling closer to her cockpit with each passing nanosecond.

Delia abruptly cutting all power, the cockpit going dark, a last-second manipulation of the ion stream putting her into a tumble...the ultimate desperation move, no guarantee her pursuer wouldn't pummel her with laserfire, either as a confirmation, a coup de grace or just for the hell of it.

She felt an asteroid's microgravity tug at her deadstick bird. 

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

FM/SCRW Delia "Evil Clown" Cael/Nazgul 3-4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 3, 2007 9:54:45 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 3, 2007 11:39:03 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 8:34:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 8:39:57 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  989
Total Posts:  1363
March 3, 2007 4:46:27 PM    View the profile of Raigen 

Raigen hit the thrust as two y-wings materialized themselves from behind an asteroid. The pilot slammed the throttle foreword with his left hand, engaging the afterburners and leaving the two y-wings to be engaged by Hunter and Darius. He placed his left hand back on the flight stick and rolled himself into a right turn. "Chak, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. Took a shot to the shields but no damage. Should we go after Darius?" Chak asked as he caught up with Raigen.

"He'll be fine. Hold up, floating tie at our six, with a Y coming in for the kill. Break right, I'll break left. come in on the Y head on and then run while I'll tail him. Make sure you don't get locked!" Raigen said as he cut the throttle and turned his fighter around. The floating tie wasn't even trying to adjust or regain control as it tumbled through the field. "The power's cut to that tie, he's gonna get himself killed pulling a feint in an asteroid field. Chak, do you have visual on the Y?"

"I see `em. He's closing in to get a shot on the tie. When should I engage?" Chak asked.

"Wait for it, wait for it..." Raigen followed behind Chak at a distance, being sure not to acquire a tail. "Now, push the throttle and lay some fire on `em!" Raigen pushed the afterburners once more as Chak showered the bomber with blaster fire. Chak knew what to do, coming in on the Y at an angle at full speed and finally pulling away to draw his attention. Chak went off at a distance before pulling around to make the Y think he was going to try another pass. As the Y maneuvered his ship to face Chak, Raigen closed in to a distance he could trail the fighter at.

"He's comin' after me now. Hurry up and get within missile range before this guy takes me!" Chak yelled as the two fighters exchanged fire.

"Break and run Chak. Give this guy a wild kath chase!" Raigen yelled as he pulled in behind the tie and began to lay on fire. Chak was going top speed to outrun the Y, but the pirate's maneuvers made up for his lack of speed. Raigen had to match the Y's maneuvers to keep up as he laid on another barrage of blaster fire.

"I can't shake `em Raigen. He's on me. He's gonna lock on!" Chak called. Raigen tried to lock onto the bomber but it did no good. The Y-pilot was too good and maneuvered too fast. "Raigen, there's a dense part of the asteroid field ahead."

"Go in but be careful. Those rocks are moving fast." Raigen replied. The asteroids in this part of the field were crossing and colliding like crazy, making it a pilot's death maze. Raigen cut off some of his throttle so that he could maneuver better. Two asteroids collided just behind the Y-wing. Raigen shut off his thrust after giving a sharp pull on the flight stick. This sent the tie facing upward before Raigen kicked the throttle back in and shoved the fighter up and over the two asteroids. "Chak, where are you?"

"I put some distance between us and lost the lock. Coming into a less dense area now and..."

"Raigen you've got two on your tail!" called MCPO Zhars, one of the new nazgul members. Raigen sped out of the dense area followed by two Y wings closing in close behind. Zhars came in fast behind the two as Raigen immelmanned to avoid the Ys' cannon fire. Zhars began to lay fire to the two as one broke to engage him. Raigen was heading strait for the second Y who opened fire with all of his weapons. "You're taking fire, Eight!"

"So are you. Zhars, get outa there. Chak, where the hell are you?" Raigen screamed as he and the Y pounded each other's foreword shields. The two fighters launched their missiles at the same time, Raigen launched two, the Y launched one.

Zhars had launched his own missile but his opposing Y maneuvered, sending the explosive into a nearby asteroid. Zhars passed the explosion at its peak, sending him tumbling for a few seconds before he regained control. "Zhars, get control, your opponent just let off a slew of mines." MCPO Zhars regained control and found the Y on his tail.

"He's on me now. What's your status, Raigen?" Zhars said, seeming to be more worried about Raigen than himself. Raigen pushed his throttles to full and barrel rolled out of the way of the missile, which then turned to follow Raigen. The Y dodged the first of Raigen's missile's passes. Raigen one eightied to face the Y wing. "Zhars, I got a missile on me. And this Y is pounding at my shields!"

Zhars sped toward Raigen's opponent with a Y hot on his tail. The combination of fire from Zhars and Raigen sent the Y wing ablaze. Raigen rolled out of the way of the explosion as the three missiles collided into the fiery ship, sending Raigen's ship tumbling past a mine that, fortunately enough, did not explode. Once Raigen regained control, he set a direction toward Chak and called to Zhars "Zhars, One Y down....Zhars....Zhars!" There was a akward silence, "Jaden, Zhars is gone. I'm en route to help Chak!"

"Raigen, my shields are almost down but I'm alive!" called Chak over the com, "There is something wrong with the com, I can't get in touch with Jaden or anyone else."

"I see, I'm coming to you to help out. One Y is down but there's another Y unaccounted for." Raigen closed in behind the Y following Chak and laid a round of fire on its shields. "These shields are too strong, You need two ties to take one of these guys down!"

"This is Azure flight one leader, I'm coming in on two ties playing follow the leader with a Y. Need any help?" Came a voice over the com.

"Hell yeah, we'll take some help. Azure lead, do you have a wingman?" Raigen asked as he put on some more fire.

"Negative pilot," there was a long pause, "C'mon. Let's show these saucy bastards what real pilots fly like!"

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
FM/SCRW Raigen DarkBlayde Tei-Yehn/Nazgul Squadron 2-8/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[VC:B][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 3, 2007 4:58:51 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet n00b

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  22
March 3, 2007 6:48:50 PM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
At the last second, she cut in the repulsorlifts, throwing full power into the engines, slingshotting around the asteroid she'd damn near crashed into, a small eternity after a trio of Interceptors lured diverted the attentions of her pursuer away from her, Delia twisting and slinging her ship through and around more asteroids and mines, coming up on a Y-Wing pounding a TIE Interceptor almost to shreds, Delia cutting loose with a volley of lasers against his rear shields, twisting down to avoid return fire from the ion cannon, snapping back into line to hammer at his shields some more, one laser shot slipping through to take out the Y-Wing's astromech, another taking a chunk out of the starboard ion engine pylon, Delia sideslipping again, as the ion cannon came closer to knocking her down, the Interceptor the Y-Wing had been pursuing turning round, driving laser bolts into the enemy's forward shields at the same time she hit the rear shields with renewed fury.

The Y-Wing looping up and away from both of them, Delia looping up in pursuit and to avoid colliding with the other Interceptor, the Y-Wing's ion cannon turret taking another shot at her, eight laser pulses returning its fire, the Interceptor she'd helped out now flying on her starboard wing, the two of them knocking down the enemy fighter's shields, blasting off chunks of scrap from his fuselage, finally blasting him apart between them, the two Interceptors levelling off, juking in every direction at once to evade asteroids drifting and crashing into one another and the mines between them, coming up on three worse-for-wear TIE Interceptors tag-teaming a Y-Wing.

The enemy craft's gunner walking his dual ion cannon across the three fighters, wrapping the middle and outermost of the Interceptors in arcing electrical current which sent him spinning into an asteroid, suffering the fate she had just narrowly avoided, Delia and her impromptu wingman still far enough out for each of them to send a concussion missile flying into the Y-Wing's rear shields, following them up with volleys of laser fire, the Y-Wing jinking and chaffing, the gunner getting off a few blind shots with the ion cannon, as his pilot attempted to evade.

"One on your tail, Nazgul Thirteen," her wingman--squawking as Azure Seven--spoke up.

"He speaks," Delia replied, her rear shields again starting to buckle from the impact of laser bolts,"I don't believe it."

With dextrous manipulation of her fighter's ion stream, she flipped the ship over, coming at her pursuer head-on, both fighters firing at one another full-bore, her wingman commented,"that's not a good idea, Thirteen."

"Either shut up, and lend a hand, or sot off and die," Delia snapped, closing the distance between her and the Y-Wing at maximum burn.

"You happen to be addressing a superior, Crewman," the kriff had the nerve to reply, Delia snapping off,"your subhuman kind being my superiors will happen on the precise day Xim the Despot comes up out of the latrine his Hutt master buried him in and rules the galaxy for a thousand years," at the same time her ship practically leapt underneath her seat, Delia continuing to drive laser bolts into the Y-Wing as she scraped hell out of his paint job in passing, Delia ducking down and underneath the enemy, as an ion cannon blast sizzled over her cockpit, the Y-Wing rolling away from her as she turned underneath him, Azure Seven pouncing on him, pummeling his starboard shields with laser fire, Delia firing her lasers straight into his rear shields, the three of them twisting and jinking around asteroids and one another, stray shots flaking off pieces of rock, sending them flying through space.

"I can't court-martial you if that kriffing pirate gets you first," Azure Seven remarked,"now, can I?"

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

FM/SCRW Delia "Evil Clown" Cael/Nazgul 3-4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 3, 2007 6:53:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 3, 2007 8:41:00 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 3, 2007 9:05:42 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 8:57:34 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 8:58:18 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 11:07:58 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 5, 2007 8:38:50 AM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  995
March 4, 2007 1:19:56 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Azure 1 pulled up to Raigen's left as Chak led the Y wing into an hard break. The two trailing pilots did matching high speed yo-yo's to come up right behind the Y and hammer his shields out with their lasers. "We've almost got him Chak....almost." Raigen said as he held onto the fire button.

"Raigen, Chak. Three Y-wings coming up on your six!" Called a familiar voice. It was Tomas, who had his whole flight behind him.

"That you Nine? Zhars is out and we can't hear Jaden through the comm!" replied Chak who was leading the Y into a downward spiral.

"It's not three, it's four! The one that took out Zhars. Tomas, we need a plan." Raigen said as he missed with his cannons.

"They're coming after you and Raigen, Azure lead. Break and get out of there!" Cried Tomas. Tomas and the twins were closing in on the flight of Y's but not fast enough.

"Azure, stay with the target, get a missile lock for luck's sake. I'm breaking to draw attention. We need to get this guy of Chak!" Raigen pulled a high G left turn to face the Y's head on. He launched two missiles into the center of the formation before rolling away to his right. The flight split to avoid the missiles and an element of them went strait after Raigen while the other half went after Azure lead and Chak.

"Missile locked, hes too weak to avoid it....launched and disengaging!" Azure lead called as two missiles from his interceptor fired out and trailed the Y. Chak rolled away to avoid an asteroid as the Y pummeled into the rock, followed by the explosion from the missile.

"Thanks Azure. Raigen, I'm coming to help. Tomas, what's your status?" Chak said as he closed in on Raigen's assailants. Tomas and the twins were chasing after the stray flight going after Azure.

"Negative Chak, you've got no one on your tail. Go with Tomas and lay on some cover fire!" Raigen said as he went into a spiral dive. As he dived, he just nearly missed setting off a mine. "Azure...the mines!"

"Yeah I know, I'm watching them!"

"No, lead the Y's into there own mines!" Raigen explained as he yo-yo'd around to fire on the Y's, only slowing them down a bit before he broke left and they were on his tail again. Raigen pulled up hard on the flight stick as his fighter screamed through the asteroid field. A quick right turn threw the Y's off and sent one into his own mine. The Y tumbled away as as an interceptor(followed by two Y's and four ties) scraped his unshielded hull. The Y regained control and shot off to recharge his shields.

"All right, Chak, leave those two to flight three and help me out. Go after that lone Y!"

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
FM/SCRW Raigen DarkBlayde Tei-Yehn/Nazgul Squadron 2-8/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[VC:B][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 4, 2007 9:53:03 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 5, 2007 7:00:43 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  26
March 4, 2007 2:20:37 PM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
"You have to survive the battle to prefer charges, Azure Seven," Delia replied, the Y-Wing disappearing between the two Inteceptors' massed laser fire, Azure Seven matching course and speed with her, the two of them ducking through asteroids, just in time to see a TIE Interceptor slam into a Y-Wing, destroying the former and badly-damaging the latter, Azure Seven letting loose with a volley of lasers and cursing--presumably one of his squadron mates--punching more holes through the Y-Wing's armored hide, the enemy starfighter bringing his ion cannon to bear on Azure Seven, Delia almost letting him have it for that court-martial crack, finally deciding to blast the Y-Wing while his attention was otherwise engaged.

The crippled Y-Wing rolling away from the two Imperial starfighters, loosing a quartet of proton torps their way while cutting in his boosters and running for the cover of several colliding asteroids, Delia cursing, jinking and chaffing, Azure Seven doing the same, breaking away in the opposite direction from her.

One of the torps correcting and intersecting with him, Delia's fighter shaking, as Azure Seven's remains pelted her shields, Delia making another series of tight turns to avoid the remaining torps and the approaching asteroids.

"Does that mean there won't be a court-martial?" she remarked to herself. "Rats, and I was so looking forward to wearing my dress uniform."

Studying her sensors and the old Mark I Eyeball, Delia used repulsorlifts and small amounts of thrust to move from asteroid to asteroid, happening upon a flight of four Interceptors busy driving a pair of Y-Wings into hyperspace, Delia starting to move towards them, when she realized, with a sinking feeling, that there weren't anyone sticking by the transports.

At least, she didn't think so, and she decided going with her gut was best under these circumstances, homing in on their IFF telemetry and flying towards them at maximum burn.

Picking up the Red Cloud's squawk, along with eight Crimson and four Nazgul Squadron IFF tags , travelling in formation with the transports, neither of the attacking gunships anywhere in sight.

Clearing the last of the asteroids between her and the convoy, she saw the bulk cruiser, holes blasted into her from everywhere, drive plasma marking lighting her up in every part of the electromagnetic spectrum for the benefit of hostile targeting sensors, the wreckage of only one of the gunships drifting in the void between ships and planetoids.

"Unidentified TIE fighter," a near-panicked male voice said over comms, one of the Red Cloud's working quads tracking her,"identify yourself immediately, or be destroyed!"

It was at that point Delia realized her transponder wasn't functioning.

"This is Nazgul Thirteeen," she said. "Are you receiving?"

"Affirmative, Thirteen, this is Red Cloud, we read you nine by nine," the male voice replied, with much relief, the TIE squawking as Nazgul Leader adding,"assume escort formation, Thirteen and keep your eyes peeled."

"Copy that, Lead," Delia replied.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

FM/SCRW Delia "Evil Clown" Cael/Nazgul 3-4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)[SoA]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 2:25:16 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 4, 2007 6:02:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 5, 2007 8:37:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 5, 2007 11:42:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 5, 2007 11:43:08 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 5, 2007 11:47:46 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 6, 2007 12:15:46 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  553
March 5, 2007 5:21:01 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"They have just launched two flights of Interceptors, Nazgul One. Looks like we've got some unexpected help"

Chatter about a thirteenth pilot ensued as Nazgul formed up around the transports. It wasn't even a minute after they had straightened it out that the Y-Wings transmitted their demands:

"Imperial Transports. Prepare to be immobilized and be ready to hand over your cargo. If you co-operate, no one will be harmed. We are members of the pirate group Tachurus Squadron, and are not afraid to open fire."

"What's the call, Nazgul One?" one of the captains said over the comm, a slight sense of fear creeping into his tone. There were brief moment of silence before Tomas heard Jaden reply:

"Prepare whatever weaponry you have aboard. We're not going to stand down to pirates. Nazgul Squadron and Azure flights one and two, get ready to engage incoming Y-wings." With that, Tomas noticed flight one accelerate slightly in order to put itself between the Y-Wings and the transports. As if on cue, flights two and three followed suit.

"900 meters...800 meters...650 meters...400 meters...300..."

The lead Y-Wing opened fire and almost instantly the space separating the two sides vanished, flashes of red flashes filling the rapidly decreasing space. The dogfight had begun, as various fighters matched up and began their tactical dance trying to get a shot in on their opponent.

Tomas had managed to keep his whole flight together as Nazgul broke apart to engage. Picking out a pair of Y-Wings Flight Three throttled up to close what little distance remained.

Acknowledging they were outnumbered for the time being, the two Y-Wings took a few warning shots at the approaching Interceptors before banking towards a denser section of the asteroid field.

"Keep on your toes guys and girls, these asteroids can make us prime targets for being jumped if we aren't careful," Tomas instructed his flight over the comm. He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts, "but that also means we can have the same advantages at our disposal should we choose." It had been only a couple minutes into his first real combat situation, yet Tomas felt completely calm about what was going on. Perhaps it was due to the amount of varied training he had experienced: first from his father; the Bastion Academy; and most recently training with Vast Empire Tomas felt he had been prepared for anything that could be thrown at him.

Sweeping around one of the larger asteroids in pursuit of the Y-Wings, Tomas kept one eye on his scanners. Although unreliable if the Y-Wings dropped off the sensors, he wanted to know when, and which they had been headed at the time. Plus, he didn't want his flight being ambushed by other fighters joining the chase.

Suddenly, one of the dots went dark on the scanner and instantaneously a new dot appeared to Flight Three's left. The scanners are even more messed up than I thought Tomas thought to himself rolling at the last moment to avoid the new fighter's burst of laser fire. Being in the lead of the flight, the others had plenty of time to get of the way. The Y-Wing ducked behind another asteroid and simultaneously its dot on the sensor went dark again. This is going to be tough.

"Let's pursue that fighter...Nazgul 10, you and I will try and converge for a shot...11; 12, keep yours peeled for those other two Y-Wings...don't want them getting a drop on us."

Tomas dipped under an asteroid, before pulling up the nose and with a quick roll came up over the top of the next one. Carly was right there on his wing following suit. The three fighters dodged and weaved through the asteroids trying to get off a shot, while the twins kept their distance trying to track down the pair of Y-Wings from earlier.

They had been going at it for a couple minutes before Tomas a chance to get off a decent shot. Firing, he watched the lasers harmlessly absorb into the Y-Wing's shield before it disappeared behind another asteroid. Tomas throttled up slightly, determined not to let it get away but emerged on the other side with the bogey nowhere in sight.

"Nine, this is Ten...he's on your tail. 2 seconds till I get a lock." How the- Tomas began to dance, barely avoiding the now oncoming laser fire. The odd shot running into his shields. Hurry up, Carly As if on cue, Carly shouted triumphantly as she got a lock.

"Got 'em, firing...now!" Tomas watched the Y-Wing begin to move evasively. He must've found a hole in sensors as the sensor lost him. At the same moment the missile slammed into an asteroid, as it lost its prey. No....way....

"Nine, there's no sign of those fighters," one of the twins announced over the comm. "Or the one you guys were just tangling with." Those guys are good...and sneaky-

"Alright guys let's form up and get back to the rest of the action... see how they others are holding up."

"Raigen, Chak. Three flight coming up on your six!" Tomas announced as they approached...

-----------------------
Petty Officer 2nd Class 'Tomas' Dagoram
FL/PO2 Tomas/Nazgul 3-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [MC1]

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited March 5, 2007 5:23:39 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  30
March 6, 2007 11:58:21 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
"Multiple realspace reversions dead ahead!" the Red Cloud shouted over comms, Delia cursing as she saw the Y-Wings and the surviving Corellian gunship angling in for the kill from all directions.

"Nazgul, stay with the transports: Crimson, you're on the gunship," Nazgul Leader said, the Red Cloud saying,"Nazgul Leader, our shields are gone; those hogs hit us, we're kriffed."

"What about your quads?" Nazgul Leader asked.

"Only eighteen of them are working, Nazgul Leader," whoever was in command over there replied, as the gunship moved towards the wounded bulk cruiser, the hogs continuing to move on the transports and their escorts.

The bulk cruiser opened up on four concussion missiles flying from the gunship, splattering the gunship's shields with his remaining quads.

The missile warning tone howling in Delia's ears, as proton torpedos flew towards her, Delia not moving from her escort position, shooting down the torps with her lasers, the eight surviving Crimson Interceptors changing course to intercept the gunship, launching concussion missiles into a storm of quad laser fire.

One of the TIEs squawking Crimson Squadron tags going out in a roar of light, screaming and a "frag it all, we just lost Popper!" Crimson Five immediately replying,"we can mourn for him later, Seven, right now--yeah!"

That exultation coming as five explosions bloomed into being against the hull of the gunship, Crimson Five warning his squadron mates to "tighten up, put our shields between us and the Red Cloud."

The surviving Crimson starfighters loosing another salvo of concussion missiles into the gunship's flanks, the gunship taking out two more Crimson Squadron TIEs--one at either end of the formation--in quick succession.

"Sithspawn," Crimson Five said, adding,"we're running low on missiles, Nazgul Leader."

And, Delia observed blackly, her lasers dispatching four more proton torps, we've got troubles of our own.

"Copy that, Crimson Five," Nazgul Leader replied, the Y-Wings closing for the kill.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

FM/SCRW Delia "Evil Clown" Cael/Nazgul 3-4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)[SoA]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 6, 2007 12:06:27 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 6, 2007 12:21:34 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 6, 2007 12:24:53 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 6, 2007 12:37:28 AM)]
Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  193
Total Posts:  207
March 6, 2007 12:05:27 AM    View the profile of Hunter 
  "This is Six, we're coming back in," Ridley stated as he followed Darius closely. If you flew in loose formation through an asteroid field, you were likely to be forced to split up. It had taken Darius a few minutes to recover from the pervious engagement, and Hunter had been forced to cover him during that time. Soaring back into the field, Hunter checked his radar a second before he remembered the futility in it. With all the debris floating around, it was almost impossible to see an enemy ship with the radar before you with your own eyes. At least I have that advantage. Ridley smirked to himself. As soon as he heard they would be entering the field, he had switched his ocular vision to a dual mode between heat and regular. This would allow him to also see heat signatures through less dense asteroids.

"Keep those eyes peeled Six," Darius said on their wingman channel. "We can't take another ambush in here."

"Roger lead." Ridley swung out to the right a bit to circle around an asteroid.

"This is Azure 3, I'm in trouble. Anyone close by?" A voice said over the com.

Without having to glance at his panels, Hunter said, "He's to our three, Five."

"I see it." Switching channels, Darius said, "Change heading to Zeta-38, Azure 3."

"Why? I don't see you." Azure's voice audibly held frustration in fear. He wasn't ready to die. Even though he had asked the question, Azure complied, barrel-rolling through two asteroids. Two Y-wings were actually closing in on him.

Suddenly, Hunter came up with a crazy idea. "Azure three, increase your speed to full. Darius let's do the same. Taking these Y-wings power for power is never going to work, especially since were a bit out classed. It's time to use our ships to their full advantage." It was commonly known that Y-wings were considered slow pigs on an open battlefield. If it hadn't been for the asteroid field, the Imperial fighters should have been able to fly circles around them, but flying full speed through an asteroid field was commonly considered the quickest way to commit suicide.

"Alright Six, we'll go with it. We lived last time we tried." Hunter could feel the word "barely" was meant to go at the end of that statement. "Be careful of the mines though."

Pushing his throttle controls to their full, Hunter started to pass Darius a bit, until Darius also pushed his fighter to its limits. Going full speed automatically changed the feel of the asteroid belt. Tiny particles almost constantly fizzled against the shields, and the asteroids that had seemed fast earlier now became even more dangerous. Looking ahead, Hunter saw that Azure three had lurched forward, pulling away from the Y-wings. Suddenly, Hunter's computers started to whine, informing him that he was beginning to be target locked. "Time to go evasive. The Y-wings are after us now, Darius."

"Break!" Darius ordered. Before he complied, Hunter launched one of his missiles straight ahead at the incoming Y-wings and Azure 3, since they were coming directly toward them. Veering off in different directions, Hunter looped around to keep Darius whereabouts in his mind's eye. As his missile detonated against an ateroid, Azure 3 used the distraction to arc around and form back up with Azure 4. The Y-wings had disappeared though. Damn, their hiding. Forming back up with Darius, Hunter checked to make sure Azure 3 was safe.

"I'm clear, thanks for the odd assist." Azure 3 stated.

Ignoring the distraction, Hunter scanned the field for some sign of the fighters. "We need to figure out a way to flush them out Darius."

"Alright, keep going, I'm going to drop back." Darius ordered.

"What, you're using me as bait?" Ridley exclaimed.

"You're going fast enough that once they come out of hiding you should be able to elude them long enough for me to catch up. Try to bring them back in this direction." Darius stated. A moment later, Darius ship seemed to disappear.

"Great." Ridley spat. Pushing through the field, he was forced to use his lasers to blast a few asteroids out of his way going as fast as he was. Suddenly, his computer rang with a target lock. "Damn it," Pulling a tight loop and to port, Hunter started to throw all the evasive movements he knew into use. "Any time Darius." Ridley said as his computer informed him of a missile launch. "PERFECT," he said as he threw his fighter into a dense portion of the asteroid field.

Rocks were careening into each other here, making it an insane move. Relaxing into his craft, Hunter ignored the sirens blazing at him and moved as close to the asteroids as he could. Suddenly his terminal quieted down as the missile impacted with the asteroids. Unfortunately, this sent a large amount of shrapnel into Hunter's rear shields, dropping them to sixty percent and jarring his fighter into a spin. Clutching his controls, Hunter pulled around in the direction of Darius. Laser fire began to pummel his aft shields. Even with all his maneuvering, the Y-wing had somehow managed to come up behind him without him knowing.

A bead of sweat rolled down his face. Diverting half of his forward shields to the back to reinforce them, Hunter careened around another floating asteroid to find Darius waiting for him ahead. "Pull up!" Darius commanded, firing a missile straight at him. Reflexively complying, Hunter narrowly missed a direct impact with the shooting missile. The Y-wing had no warning. Zooming around the asteroid, he came into full contact with the missile, instantly dropping his forward shields and sending him rolling through the asteroid field. Maintaining his pull up, Hunter turned into a loop and brought the Y-wing into his sights. The amazing pilot had already recovered, and had began to move into the field again to hide. Realizing he had only a moment shot, Hunter employed full use of his eyes and aimed for the Y-wing. Firing off a dual shot, it impacted the fighter but didn't destroy it.

"Did you miss Six?" Darius asked.

A moment later, an explosion erupted from inside the asteroid field. "No, I let the asteroid field take care of him. I just targeted his engines, and made him a sitting target for the field. I've taken a beating though. My shields are down to forty percent, so next time, you be the bait."

Another explosion ripped through a section of the asteroid field, ruining the rush of adrenaline Hunter and Darius had just received from their kill. The second Y-wing that had been chasing Azure 3 had claimed its kill. "Sith spit." Hunter cursed. Can't we kill even one without taking a hit ourselves?

"Let's get back to the transports Hunter," Darius ordered.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron
Senior Chief Petty Officer Hunter

FM/SCPO Hunter/Nazgul 6/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (VC:B)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
[This message has been edited by Hunter (edited March 6, 2007 12:06:57 AM)]
Raigen
ComNet Veteran

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  1014
March 6, 2007 8:47:47 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen pulled up on the flight stick to avoid a near collision with one of the speeding asteroids. His heart was beating faster now as the Y-wing showered his rear view port with cannon fire. His flight gloves were drenched with sweat on the inside and bullets of sweat started to drip off Raigen's top lip, into his mouth, giving him the acute taste of salt...or was it defeat. The tie was at almost full speed, but the Y-wing seemed to know each path the asteroids would take and would turn up right behind Raigen each time.

"Chak, how are you doing out there?" Raigen asked as he barrel rolled out of the course of a drifting mine. His tie shook a bit as the mine was detonated by the Y's fire. Raigen tried to jerk his head around to his rear view port but it seemed every part of his neck screeched in pain when he did. My luck that I would get a crick in my neck now, with my sensors not working! Raigen hit the sensor screen with his fist in frustration.

"I couldn't hold him, Raigen. He shook me and I can't find him. What do you need me to do?" Chak said as he sped through a less dense break in the asteroids. Raigen averted another mine, which too fell victim to blaster fire, before feeling a rumble throughout the craft from a laser impact.

"I know this guy is behind me, because I can feel his fire. My shields are going down, Chak. What does his craft look like, weak or strong?" Raigen asked as he took another hit to the rear of the eyeball cockpit.

"Strong, Rai. Real strong. Only, someone shot out his astromech droid. Seems like an odd place to aim for to me." Chak said as he dodged his own mine and made his way toward Azure. Raigen heard him mumble something along the lines of stupid sensors.

"Chak, go help flight three. Azure 1, what's your status?" Raigen asked as he finally began to put some distance between him and the Y. Those safe thoughts were short lived as Azure 1 replied.

"Both Y wings Immelmanned and attacked Flight three. One of the pilots jerked left and was nearly taken out by a mine. I went after one of them but it was a trap....GAHHhhh. I thought he would hard break, but the next thing I know he's over me...then to my right, then under me...then behind me. It's....hectic. I need help, fast and now...I'm being hammered by laser fi..." the com went dead as Raigen watched Azure 1's shields deplete and finally give way, blaster fire breaching the hull and tearing off the left pylon, sending the rest of the tie into the nearest asteroid.

"Azure 1 is gone. Nazgul 12's shields are down and engines all but disabled, but she managed to navigate out of the field. 11, I can't contact Carly, so you're my wingman! We're facing four fighters, tighten up the formation and hang on." Tomas said as he and Ninad formed up with two Y's on their tail.

"Raigen! You've got one coming up on you." Chak yelled as he pursued Azure's killer.
"What about Daniel?" Ninad cried as he rolled out of a volley of blaster shots.
"I know that!" Raigen said, rather frustrated as the Y following him knocked his shields down another notch and caught up with him.
"She'll be fine Ninad, focus!...Gahh" Tomas took a shot to the shields.
"No, you have ANOTHER one!" Chak said as he rolled away to counter the Y's hard break. His maneuver set him up for a perfect missile lock. "I've got `em locked!"
"I'm locked!" Ninad screamed in desperation as he pulled away from Tomas, in a final attempt to separate from the fight.
"I've got a lock on me!" Tomas announced as he burst his throttle foreword and looked over to Ninad, "Ninad, don't break formation!" Tomas broke hard to follow Ninad as the missile followed behind him, closing in hard. The missile aimed for Ninad then launched and closed in on the two. "Ninad, spiral, now!"
"Wha?" Ninad said, but followed orders despite his confusion and the two pilots spiraled around each other. And so did the missiles, spiraling around each other at a faster pace, and following the moves of their targets.
"Break...NOW!" Tomas ordered and the two pilots shot outward, with both missiles following their targets but colliding into each other.

"Nice evade Tomas!" Chak yelled as he launched his own missile, which was quickly diverted into an asteroid.
"There should be a medal for that, you know!" called a female voice. It was Daniel, whose shields and engines had recharged.

Raigen was having too much trouble to comment as his two targets fired away at his tie. It was inevitable, two super aces in modified Y-wings were trailing him and had almost taken out his shields. He needed something, something piraty, life threatening, legendary, SOMETHING STUPID! A full throttle split-S into immelman in an asteroid field!?! Raigen began to break left, hard. His fighter's shields nearly scraped the asteroid, which would have resulted in an overload, before rolling the fighter upside down and pulling up on the flight stick. One of the assailants lost his target and had to immelman to avoid an asteroid. He then pulled out of the dive and barrel rolled for good measure as the bottom of his craft glided inches from another asteroid. After passing the moving rock, he increased his speed heading strait for an asteroid, with the Y-wing close on his tail and locking on.

The Y-Wing had just attained a lock as Raigen pulled his more maneuverable tie interceptor upward into an immelman. The Y collided with the asteroid at an angle as it tried to pull up. Raigen rolled his fighter over to finish the immelman and come up with his sights on the second Y-wing. Holy Krayt....I think I just wet my flight suit!

-----------------------
[-=Phoenix Wing=-]
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
FM/PO2 Raigen DarkBlayde Tei-Yehn/Nazgul Squadron 2-8/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[VC:B][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 18, 2007 9:35:50 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Member

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  442
Total Posts:  860
March 6, 2007 11:37:21 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor swung his fight around as Flight One of Nazgul Squadron cruised low over the surface of an asteroid. Azure 12 had been separated from her flight and joined up with them. So far they had avoided fire pretty well, and they had gotten reports of three confirmed kills on the enemy. The losses to their own side had be slightly higher, considering the fact that they were up against a pair of gun ships as well as some opponents who although outnumbered at least 2 to 1, were still alive and fighting back. They were down to 12 Y-wings, making them even to Nazgul squadron, but Trevor still had a feeling in the back of his mind that Nazgul might not win this one.

"Anyone have a visual on anything?" Jaden asked, peering through the transperisteel of the cockpit. They had spotted nothing in the last 45 seconds, and although no one was willing to admit it, it had them slightly nervous and on edge.

"Nothing but giant rocks and distant explosions. The radar is totally useless in here." Trevor replied, tapping his radar screen fruitlessly. The machine would either show absolutely nothing, or the whole screen would light up with one big bright pulse because of the distortion caused by the deposits in the asteroids.

Chip and Azure 12 were remaining silent, cautiously watching in front and behind them for any sign of the enemy. Finally Chip flicked his comm. on and spoke.

"I've got a pair of Y-wings coming in on course zero-one-five. If we've learned anything from these other pilots and what they're reporting&" Chip trailed off, seeing if anyone would finish his sentence. Azure 12 decided to.

"Then they work best in a two man element. Probably pre-decided and arranged so that best friends work together. Surprising, considering pirates normally aren't organized like that." She said methodically, choosing her words carefully and talking calming, ignoring the impending danger.

"These aren't normal pirates..." Trevor replied, but didn't get to say anything else. An alarm went off in his cockpit and he let out an involuntary yelp as the siren made him jump. "They painted me, breaking formation." He said, jamming the left pedal to the floor and twisting the yoke in the same direction while pulling back. The maneuver shot him upwards while rolling to the left, and he had to react fast to avoid crashing into an asteroid that had floated into position above him.

A moment later the alarm went off and Trevor let out a heavy sigh. He checked behind him once again to make sure that the missile was gone before the rest of the flight formed up with him again.

"Did it hit an asteroid?" Trevor asked, referring to the missile.

"Nope, Chip performed a masterful shot and took it out." Jaden replied before Chip could.

"I owe you a drink if we make it out of this." Trevor laughed before another thought crossed his mind. "Shouldn't you have decided to take on the Ys?"

"They turned and high-tailed it. Azure 12 started to make chase but lost sight of them." Jaden informed him.

As Jaden finished speaking a pair of gray fighters appeared in front of them, having used the curvature of a larger asteroid to hide their approach. Flight One didn't have time to react as brilliant flashes of red energy shot across the emptiness of space. Trevor's shields momentarily flashed brightly, mimicking the other Interceptors'. Although a TIE's cockpit glass should auto-darken when exposed to bright light, Trevor's did not this time due to an electrical malfunction he overlooked during pre-flight checks. Partially unseeing, he blindly opened fire as he waited for the fireworks behind his eyes to stop flashing, and managed a lucky shot. Jaden had concentrated on the same Y-wing and the two quickly punched through the front shields. The pilot wasn't stupid though and pulled up, righting his fighter as he leveled out and beginning to flee.

"You two take the other one, Trevor and I have this one!" Jaden ordered as he pushed his throttle to its stops, Trevor doing the same. Full throttle through asteroids was dangerous, but apparently Flight 2 had been trying it and they weren't dead&yet. The two other members of Flight One made a one eighty and headed off after a Y-wing that was fleeing now that he had been split up from his wing mate.

Jaden and Trevor caught up to the Y-wing quickly and chased it, letting off the occasional cannon blast. With all the twisting and turning it would be suicide to try and get a missile lock on the Y-wing. Turning the knobs on the targeting box while trying to fly with the other hand wouldn't mix while in an asteroid field. Trevor was about to comment on the insanity of the pilot but didn't start, his words escaping him.

They had chased the Y-wing into a hollow 'pocket' in the asteroid cloud. It was only two kilometers long and seemed to be almost perfectly spherical, but Jaden and Trevor both realized this was their opportunity. The Y-wing - if given 25 seconds - would easily be able to make it to the other side of the pocket and once again be able to evade them, but if Jaden and Trevor could do enough damage within that small window of time the Y-wing would be at their mercy.

"Quick, on my count fire a missile at him. He'll be able to do nothing but bend over and take it, and I'll light up his read end after his shields drop." Jaden said, and Trevor nodded even though Jaden couldn't see it. Jaden gave Trevor a second to get a lock before beginning his count. "Three&Two&Now!" Jaden exclaimed.

Trevor hit the little button on his control yoke that would launch the missile. As it was depressed it allowed an electrical current to flow through the wiring system of the TIE and make its way to the ignition center of the missile. With lightning quick speed the fuel of the missile ignited and it thrust forward just as its holding claws released it. The small thrust plate behind the missile was burnt black and the missile left its launch tube.

Trevor watched the blue fire from the exhaust streak away from him and collide with the shield of the Y-wing, which blinked bright red and went out. Jaden didn't waste half a second opening fire on the rear section of the Y-wing, and as soon as Trevor switched back to main cannons he opened up as well. Due to the nature of space combat there wouldn't be any smoke from any burnt pieces of fighter, but the flashes as the bolts buried themselves into the armor of the fighter were visible. It only took five seconds before the superstructure of the fighter was weakened enough in the back section that one of the engine supports weakened to the point of fracturing under the huge engine's incredible thrust.

The engine disconnected itself from the body of the fighter and lurched forward under the sudden loss of what it had been pushing, but quickly ran out of fuel and burnt out. It crashed lifelessly into one of the asteroids farther "down" and crumpled into a pile of useless junk.

The Y-wing did something similar, beginning to slowly spin because of the uneven thrust and then crashing into a different asteroid, sending shrapnel and fire up in a large explosion before the lack of fuel snuffed it out.

"Good work Two." Jaden told Trevor who replied with a "You too." The pair turned and headed back on the course the came in on. "How are you doing Three, Azure 12?" Jaden asked, hoping he'd hear back from both the pilots.

"I'm fine, but Azure 12&" Chip replied, trailing off. Jaden and Trevor both remained silent for a moment in a quick bout of respect for their fallen comrade, but the silence didn't last to long.

"Are you alright?" Trevor asked Chip.

"Yeah, I'm fine. She lost control during a head on attack and the pilot didn't react quickly enough. Head on collision." Chip summarized, just as he appeared in view of Jaden and Trevor. "I'll form up, Let's go help out the transports."

"Good idea." Jaden replied as Chip formed up on his left, Trevor on his right. The trio made their way back to the transports to find the new pilot shooting down torpedoes while trying to guard the transports with just a few other pilots. Most of the remaining Y-wings had massed near the transports and were preparing to begin runs on them. Trevor could almost hear the sounds of their ion cannons building up a charge. He also knew from experience that it would take more then three fully charged shots to take out the style of transports they were escorting, so they still had time.

Suddenly a loud crackling buzzed over the comm. units and Trevor instinctively slammed a hand up to where his ear would be, but his hand was met by his helmet.

"This is the Red Cloud. We're going to need to make a jump to hyperspace. We've taken heavy losses and this gunship won't let up, although they're almost as bad off as we are&Wait a moment, three more Corvettes have pulled out of hyperspace." The commander of the Bulk Cruiser told Trevor and Jaden. For a moment both men tensed in their seats, but quickly it came to them that these were the VE Corvettes they were supposed to meet up with.

"Those are VE friendly Corvettes!" Jaden exclaimed to the bulk cruiser in an attempt to end any panic that their appearance had brought to those in command of the Red Cloud.

Finally, backup. They couldn't have taken any longer. Trevor thought to himself as he pummeled the shields of a diving Y-wing, merely pestering it like a fly bothers a Jawa. The superbly modified bomber continued on its course and fired a few blue energy blasts onto the transport it had been aiming at, shorting out the shielding systems and one of the wing-tip blaster cannons. Although I have a good bet that if they had taken longer, there might not be much left of us anymore. Or of the transports.

*** Aboard the Darkness ***

Captain Jerome Baand of the Corvette Darkness stood at his post on the bridge of his ship as it reverted into real space. He and his crew were not met with a pretty sight. A gun ship was attacking a limping cruiser, and in the distance of an asteroid field he could see a spectacular battle going on between a diminishing amount of TIE fighters and a large group of talented Y-wings.

"What's going on?" Baand demanded from his communications officer.

"Nearest I can tell from the intercepted messages of the VEN TIEs and this cruiser is that we've shown up in the middle of a pirate raid. They haven't cont-" The man paused, pressing on of his headphones tightly to his ear. "Scratch that captain, the cruiser just messaged us requesting to know if we are friend or foe and if we will offer a hand."

"Tell them we are friend and will assist immediately. Send our VE ID codes if they need them." The Captain told the officer hurriedly before turning to his weapons officer. "Bring all of our port side guns online, as well as any on the bow and stern that can be aimed at that gunship while we present broadside to it." He ordered, and then spun on his heel to talk to the helmsman.

"Bring us around at heading zero-eight-two and keep our port side to that gunship." He told the helmsman who merely nodded before beginning adjusting their course. Once more the Captain turned to his communications officer. "If you are done with your previous orders, tell the Night Sky and Iceberg to follow our course and open fire on the gun ship."

The officer snapped off a textbook salute and began rapidly sending out messages to the other two Corvettes that had come with them. The Captain turned his attention back to the large front view port of his ship and stood rigidly with his hands clasped behind his back. He wished he could send fighters out to help with the battle in the asteroids, but fate had been against him. He and the other Corvettes had been told to keep their hangers empty to accommodate Nazgul Squadron as well as the transport shuttles. The captain frowned and mentally kicked himself for not being able to offer any additional help.

*** Aboard the Night Sky ***

Captain James Vivitar was just as busy aboard his ship after receiving orders from Baand. He had also prepared his port side armament and was moving into firing position when he noticed something odd about the gunship. It was beginning to angle away from the bulk cruiser.

It only took the Captain a few moments to realize what was going on. With one liquid smooth motion he snatched the headset away from his communications officer and jammed it onto his own head, adjusting the microphone to his own mouth level as he did so.

"This is the Night Sky. The gunship is angling away from the cruiser and appears to be preparing to make a jump to hyperspace. Should we ready ourselves to follow it?" Vivitar queried, beads of sweat beginning to form on his forehead. Unlike the other two captains, Vivitar had just recently taken command of the Night Sky and was still green to being a captain.

"Negative Night Sky. We'll let her go but keep a close eye on her ion trail. Make sure to take a reading of it so we can pursue those worthless scum at a later time." Baand's communications officer replied calmly.

"What's to say they jump to somewhere aside from their home port and then make a second jump. By the time we get there the trail would be gone." Vivitar countered, balling his hands into fists by his side. He was sure that they would lose the gun ship if they let it go, but on the other hand he could plainly see that it was more important that the transports were safe.

"It's a risk we'll have to take." Was the only reply.

Vivitar ripped the headset from his skull and thrust it back into the hands of his communications officer. He had a feeling he'd meet up with that gunship again, but why he felt that he didn't know. He turned his eyes back to the view port just in time to see the gun ship accelerate rapidly and appear to diminish in size as it made the jump to hyperspace.

*** Back with Nazgul ***

Flight One of Nazgul was re-joined by the other two flights. He noticed that only Carly was missing from Flight Three and that Flight Two was also only missing a single pilot. Not bad at all, and I didn't even know those two. Trevor thought to himself, shaking his head at his lacking feeling of loss. If it had been someone he knew, perhaps Darius or Jaden, he would have felt like he had been slugged in the chest repeatedly. Even though the men often joked around and seemed to show little regard for the preservation of each others lives, they had developed a bond from flying together for such a long amount of time. But because he hardly knew the pilots, this feeling was not there. He did regret not getting to know them, but knew that fate had its own way of making sure things happened they way they were supposed to.

Suddenly another burst came over the comm., this time from the ship Darkness.

"Nazgul, Azure and Crimson Squadrons, Red Cloud, and transports Fisher, Gatherer, Farmer, Miner, and Woodcutter . This is Darkness and we are pleased to report that the gun ship has fled into hyperspace."

Small amount of cheers came from the pilots but it was short lived. They remembered that they had a job to be doing and very quickly reverted back to reality and the fact that 9 Y-wings still remained. The groups of pilots were concentrating so much on keeping the transports from being disabled that they did not have time to fight back against the Y-wings.

"This is Nazgul Leader. Can you send us a squadron of TIEs? We're up against talented pilots and haven't killed more than six of them." Jaden replied over his comm. as he pelted the shields of a passing Y-wing. The enemy fighters had taken power from their engines and primary weapons systems giving them shields of about 200% strength, making it supremely difficult for Nazgul, Azure and Crimson to penetrate the shields.

"Negative Nazgul Leader. Our hanger bays are empty to help hold yourselves and the transports. The Bulk Cruiser also appears to be out of available reinforcements, so you'll have to make due. We've helped all we can. The rest is up to you." Came a reassuring voice from the Darkness. The Captain had taken over the communications, and although he was often rock-hard and a man who commanded the fear and respect of his officers, he had a strange way of influencing and inspiring those around him.

"Copy that Darkness. We're nearing the edge of the field now." Trevor replied for Jaden, who was in the middle of trying to get a missile lock on a Y-wing he had managed to single out. No such luck, the Y-wing managed to turn and duck between a pair of colliding asteroids, cutting Jaden off.

"Sith spit!" Jaden exclaimed as he pulled left sharply to avoid the pair of death rocks ahead of him. It wasn't a complicated maneuver, but it defiantly got him out of harms way in a reliable and fast way. He made his way back to the transports, knowing that he had bought them a little more time by temporarily taking a Y-wing out of the picture.
Trevor watched with a fascinated awe as a pair of the Tachurus Squadron Y-wings made ion runs opposite of each other, both ion cannons blazing away at their intended targets. The synchronized move didn't get pulled off perfectly flawlessly though, with one of the Y-wings pulling up a little two soon. He was still firing his ion cannon and was unlucky enough to hit his wingman. The first shot dissipated the shields while the second, third and forth shots shorted out all the primary systems of the Y-wing, which slowed slightly and lazily drifted under the transports. The pilot still had life support and primary control, but with no engines or weapons he was a sitting duck. The poor pilot couldn't even eject from his dead-in-the-water fighter, because the canopy's rocket jet detachment had been replaced with a weight saving and slightly faster electronic variant. This had been shut down as well due to the ion blasts.

"We should tag him for capture rather than give him a quick end." Chip suggested quickly, having seen the whole thing just as Trevor did. "It'll easily be another four of five hours before his systems come back online, that should be time enough to have him towed to one of the Corvettes." Chip continued as he dodged a cannon blast from one of the Y-wings. The majority of the TIE fighters had stopped firing, realizing now that it was a waste of time to try and break through the shields of the Y-wings.

"Good idea." Jaden replied, and began to broadcast the order to the rest of the squadrons. "This is Nazgul leader to Nazgul, Azure, and Crimson. Do not destroy freshly tagged drifting Y-wing. He has been tagged for capture and destroying him will result in a reprimand." Jaden told the group with the authority of a battle-hardened commander, which he technically was.

A slew of 'Yes sir's and 'I copy's came through the comm. and Jaden smiled, enjoying the fact that no one questioned the order or made any attempt to take an easy kill for themselves.

"Nazgul 1, this is Tomas. I just noticed that one of the enemy Y-wings decided to jump into hyperspace, probably following his gun ship friend." Tomas said excitedly, being glad not only for being the person to pick this out, but also the fact that it was possible that the Y-wings were going to retreat.

Although the battle had lasted hardly that long at all, Jaden and plenty of the other pilots were already feeling the strain of being in a cockpit for well over 30 of the past 36 hours. The added physical stress of maneuvers being performed inside an asteroid field was not helping them out all that much either. "Thanks Tomas. We'll keep an eye on them for now, we're not out of this." Jaden replied happily to Tomas, his spirits obviously lifting at the fact that they might not have to put up with fighting a group of unbeatable pilots for all too much longer.

"Not yet anyways&" Trevor said, silently wishing for three things. One was to be able to wipe the sweat from his forehead to prevent it from dripping in his eyes. The second was to get home to his nice, warm, soft bunk. And I'd be willing to sacrifice that second one& He thought to himself as he contemplated his third wish. If I knew Toki was at home waiting for me.

OOC: Alright, I know, that's a terribly long and scary post. Enjoy reading it, it took my quite a while to write, i was up till 25 after midnight finishing it. Anyways, don't be intimidated by it, I just needed to straighten a bunch of things out and get the story back on track. Here's what I want to see happen over the next few posts. I want someone to kill off one more Y-wing before someone else has them all flee and jump to hyperspace. After that someone can post us bringing the transports within range of the Corvettes and letting them dock while we run cover to kill the time while we wait for our turn. Heck, if someone wants to even get us to the point of docking with the Darkness, by all means go ahead and do that.

-----------------------
SC/WO2/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited March 7, 2007 1:26:40 AM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  32
March 7, 2007 8:17:42 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
Three Assassin-class corvettes--all squawking Vast Empire ID tags--reverted to realspace just as things started getting ugly.

The gunship promptly turned away from the Red Cloud and what remained of Crimson Squadron, jumping to lightspeed, one of the Y-Wings following him, weary cheering echoing through her comms, Delia not joining in, not with more Y-Wings still left to fight, and the corvettes' hangars empty of fighters.

With the gunship gone, the Red Cloud loosed a fusillade from her remaining quads, the remnants of Azure, Crimson and Nazgul Squadrons pouncing on the hostiles, as they approached the edge of the asteroid field, Delia twisting underneath a planetoid tumbling erratically across her field of view, finding herself approaching a Y-Wing head-on, both ships firing wildly.

Delia switching her shields to double front, her own lasers peppering the Y-Wing's forward shields with no effect, the enemy having shunted power from engines and primary weapons systems to reinforce his shielding all around.

The Y-Wing's own forward lasers were only half-strength, because of that, rocking her forward deflectors, but not penetrating, the opposing starfighter slower and clumsier than she was.

She drove her Interceptor almost right into her antagonist--missing his ion cannon and astromech droid--loosing a volley of lasers at point-blank range, before breaking sharply up and away, manipulating the ion stream to turn herself around and let fly with a concussion missile, when she had enough range.

The Y-Wing quickly attempting to shunt power away from the shields and back to his engines and maneuvering systems, so he could jink, Delia going to maximum burn, closing the range, as the concussion missile continued chasing its target, all lasers blazing.

Then, she veered off sharply to the left, opening the range, the Interceptor's dedicated energy receptor lighting up, as it showed the missile and the laser volley converging with the Y-Wing, before it showed nothing at all.

Two more Y-Wings were now bracketing one of the transports, slewing their ion cannon about to bring him down...only they didn't close at the same time, one of the Y-Wings hitting the other full on, before the transport's blasters nicked it, that Y-Wing jumping to lightspeed to leave his wingman deadstick and adrift.

Almost immediately, Nazgul Leader said over comms:

"This is Nazgul leader to Nazgul, Azure, and Crimson. Do not destroy freshly tagged drifting Y-wing. He has been tagged for capture and destroying him will result in a reprimand."

"Copy that, Nazgul Leader," Delia said.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 7, 2007 10:45:06 AM)]
Raigen
ComNet Veteran

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  1015
March 7, 2007 9:09:50 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Raigen was still shaken up from the last maneuver; the split-s had all but killed him, but it put him right behind his next target. The Y-wing that took out Azure 1 was now in Raigen's front view port and running. The Y was a lot more agile than the others, most likely a stripped down version holding less payload in favor of speed. Raigen was only just fast enough to keep up with the Y-wing's movements. "This high flier is going DOWN!" Raigen yelled as he plugged in on the Y and engaged his afterburners. I may not be able to kill you just yet, but I'm not losing your ion trail!

Chak was trailing his own target at a little less than full speed, following each of his target's maneuver on the pinch. Raigen had never seen Chak fly like this, like...a Tie Pilot. Chak closed in on the Y as the two sped heavily through the dense area of the asteroid field. The Y broke hard right as the two flew neck and neck through the suck of the rock field. The Y-wing immelmanned to come up head-to-head on Chak, but by the time he came to bear his cross hairs on Chak, a pair of missiles were coming strait for his front view port. Chak rolled away from a impending mine-collision as the Y-wing went into a spiral dive, scraping his shields on an asteroid, overloading them before the the two missiles exploded into the asteroid, knocking the Y out of control. The Y was able to regain course but was lost in the field, heading for the edge of it.

"Raigen, One of the Y's just fled. Yep, he jumped to hyperspace. Tomas and them are fine, what's your status." Chak announced as he maneuvered his way through the field, and caught up with Raigen.

"Great flying Chak, I'ma put a good word in for you before this is over, eh? Tight formation. We outnumber them now so let's fly by the book." Raigen said as he came close on the tail of the Y. "Let's chase this guy over to Jade and them." Chak formed up tight on Raigen's wing before coming out of the dense suck and back to the bulk cruisers.

"Raigen, Chak. Where were you?...We lost Carly." Darius pushed as flight two formed up together in two columns. Raigen heard We lost Carly and a chill went down his spine. "We've got some help, the corvettes showed up and some of the Y's are retreating."

"With there tails between their legs, I might add" Hunter said. Raigen was still in shock over the amount of dead pilots.

"I still can't believe it. Zhars was lost as well. I...as well as Azure 1." Raigen said as he and Chak flew tight on each other's wing through a hard break following their Y target.

"How many have to DIE until these Y's are happy? What the HELL is in these cruisers that they want so bad?" Chak said.

"Trevor, are we gonna get some reinforcements from the corvettes or what?" Raigen asked. He was still close on the Y-wing's tail, sweating hard as he used the speed of the interceptor to keep up with the raw skill of the pilot. Chak was behind Raigen, close, but out of missile range. Raigen knew better than to waste a missile now. Chak continued to keep up with his textbook flying and was able to shorten the distance between him and the Y. Raigen fired off a round of blaster fire that absorbed into the Y's shields just rear of the twin ion engines.

"Negative, their hangers are empty, waiting for us and the other two squadrons." Trevor replied. Raigen began to get frustrated. Yeah, and those hangers won't be filled now, either. Raigen rolled over and pulled up on the flight stick as the Y wing went into a sharp dive. Chak followed the Y's maneuver, coming out of the dive just behind Raigen.

"I've got a lock Raigen, but can't fire. You're between me and the bomber!" Chak said as he followed his wingman and his target. Raigen suddenly got an idea.

"Chak, when I tell you launch, launch the missiles. Okay?" Raigen said before hearing the aye from Chak. Raigen engaged the after burners and shot foreword after the Y. "NOW" he screamed as he came up on the bomber's ion trail. He launched one of his own missiles before rolling sideways with the Y. The missile had charred the side of an asteroid, but Raigen had already pulled away, giving Chak's missile just enough space to impale the Y's engines and set the craft ablaze.

-----------------------
[-=Phoenix Wing=-]
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
FM/PO2 Raigen DarkBlayde Tei-Yehn/Nazgul Squadron 2-8/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[VC:B][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 7, 2007 9:20:14 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 7, 2007 11:38:09 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 18, 2007 9:36:19 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  33
March 7, 2007 11:18:55 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
"Those pirates are running," the captain of the Darkness said over comms. "Let's get those transports on board while we have the chance. Nazgul, Crimson and Azure Squadrons, I need you to run cover for us while we load 'em up."

Three "copy that"s replied to the captain of the Darkness, as the Red Cloud snared the deadstick Y-Wing with a tractor beam and pulled it into its wrecked hangar bay.

"Night Sky," the Darkness' captain added, "send a tech crew to the Red Cloud to assist in repairs."

"Understood, Darkness," the captain of the Night Sky replied, a shuttle shortly leaving that corvette for the wounded bulk cruiser.

Delia rejoined the rest of the TIEs, now flying a loose escort formation around the corvettes and transports, keeping her eyes peeled for any new attacks...all three squadrons had taken losses, judging from her display, only four of which were squwaking Crimson Squadron ID tags, five squawking Azure and ten squawking Nazgul.

"You got pretty banged up there, Thirteen," Nazgul Leader observed.

"I think we all have, Nazgul Leader," Delia replied, looking at her ship's status displays, whistling long and slow, when she saw just how banged up she was...both wings damaged, along with the transponder and the targeting sensors on both wings.

"Copy that, Thirteen," Nazgul Leader replied, as Delia turned her attention back to her sensors and the view of space outside her cockpit.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

Hunter
ComNet Initiate

Hunter

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  207
March 7, 2007 1:59:04 PM    View the profile of Hunter 
  After Raigen and Chak had dispatched another of the Y-wings, flight two met back up again and rendezvoused with the transports, which were still flying comparatively slowly to everything else. "Let's get back into escort position guys while these transports get inside the hanger," Darius ordered. Following closely behind Darius, Hunter throttled back with him to match the transports speed.

Time to baby-sit again. Just like looking after a drooling child. It was no secret that Hunter had no love for escorting. All it meant to him was extra work when it came to a fight. Being out in space alone scouting was normally harder for most pilots to handle. The solitude and bleakness usually got to them. Hunter preferred it. It was quiet, and no one was there to annoy him. Even when in your personal quarters aboard a ship, you are never really alone, especially when the walls are thin.

"Hey Dar, how long do you think this is going to take?" Hunter asked, already getting impatient.

"Probably like three to five minutes Hunter. Would you rather be fighting more Y-wings while we wait?" Darius asked sarcastically.

"Yes," Hunter whispered.

"I heard that," Darius stated.

Shutting off his outward comunit, he left the input running so he could still hear anything anyone had to say. I'd prefer a little excitement to this. Three minutes is an eternity. Ridley knew he was just running on the left over adrenaline running through his system. As soon as that subsided, his body would begin screaming at him from the trauma all the flying had done to it.

Looking out his viewport for something to entertain him, he looked back at the asteroid field. Following random rocks as they floated through it, he was forced to switch every few seconds as they collided with other larger asteroids. "How did we live through that, again?" Ridley asked himself. This had been the second time he had flown in and asteroid field with a TIE-fighter. Hopefully it would be the last. Suddenly his eyes caught sight of a gleaming mass of metal floating through the rock debris. It was impossible to tell if it was a Y-wing or a friendly fighter. Either way, there was no helping them. One of these days that will be me.

Ridley turned to look out his right viewport. Thousands of pinpoints of light stared back at him. Who knew what was going on at this exact moment at each of those stars? Was another pilot looking out at them, looking for answers to questions they didn't know they had? A star started to twinkle in and out of existence, beginning its process of going supernova-the end of its existence. "If even the most powerful force in the galaxy dies, what chance do we have? How long do we have?"

The words seemed to hang in the air for a few moments. Shaking himself, Hunter looked for something to take his mind away from the thought of death. He wasn't afraid of it. If it came for him, he would just ask it to wait until he was finished with what he was doing. Death had lost its mask of fear a long time ago for Hunter. Maybe if he died, he'd finally see his parents again or find the answers to his questions. Or maybe not.

Before he knew it, the final transport was finishing its landing sequence and the only thing left was Nazgul squadron. "Alright, we finally made it here. Let's finally get out of these ships for awhile," Jaden said.

"Where did the Y-wing we captured get taken to?" Hunter heard Trevor ask.

"It's aboard the Darkness, which is where we are going ironically." Jaden answered.

"You heard him Flight 2, let's begin out landing," Darius ordered.

"It's about time," Hunter stated. With the adrenaline gone, he was beginning to feel every maneuver he had pulled in the asteroid field impact his body. The squadron began their approach toward the Darkness.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron
Senior Chief Petty Officer Hunter

FM/SCPO Hunter/Nazgul 6/Pheonix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (VC:B)

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Casca
ComNet n00b

Casca

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  1
Total Posts:  240
March 7, 2007 9:35:14 PM    View the profile of Casca 

The modified Assassin-Class corvettes began to bring on board the wounded from the sentinels which were connected to the capital ships via an extended docking ring, linking the ships' sides. Once the first three shuttles finished unloading, the last two took their place, starting at the Night Sky and Iceburg.

Flight 2 slowly made their way into the hanger of the Night Sky in an almost mournful procession. Flight 1 would dock in the Darkness's hanger, and Flight 3 would dock in the Iceburg. The flights had to be split up to fit. Raigen took the rear-most spot in the hanger before pulling off his flight helmet. His neck was still sore. He decided to go directly to the ship's medical bay for some muscle relaxers. He massaged the back of his neck before undoing the com wire leading from his flight computer to his helmet mike. At least you survived, Raigen he told himself before unstrapping and climbing out of the cockpit.

The inside of the Night Sky was cramped and filled with crewman, moving about in every direction for this reason or that. Raigen tucked his helmet under his arm as he pushed through the traffic of techs over to Chak. "Chak, what's going on?"

"I dunno. Looks like they've filled the med bays and they are sending the shuttles over to the Darkness. What do you think injured so many?" Chak explained as the two were pushed by a Petty Officer that was too busy yelling at the techs to notice he had nearly knocked the two pilots down.

"Looks like it was just one ship that had a lot of banged up personnel. Maybe they'll still let me get some `laxers while we're here. Where's Dar and Hunter?" Raigen said after giving a rude look to the tech. He had nearly dropped his helmet. The two pilots made their way out of the hanger and into the corridor.

"Think maybe they boarded another ship but..." Chak was interrupted by a tall figure in an officer's uniform. Both Raigen and Chak turned and saluted the figure.

This was 1st Lieutenant Kasher Hollow, Executive Officer of the Night Sky. "You two need to hurry up and catch that Sentinel. This cruiser is getting ready for a hyperspace jump! We're gonna pursue the pirates that attacked you."

"Yessir, I was going to do just that after I get some muscle relaxers fr..." Raigen said as he looked for the medical bay.

"There's no time for that, get to the shuttle, your ties will be returned to the Atrus via Nebulon-B frigate. I'm sorry if this all seems very complicated for a simple escort but we never expected this. We have arranged for your squadron to be picked up but the closest ship was a Theta T-2 and it won't be here for another hour or so. You will take the sentinel Fisher to the Darkness where you will be debriefed, briefed, and wait until your transport arrives."

"Sir..."

"You should hurry and catch your shuttle..." The lieutenant said before walking back toward the bridge. Raigen was a bit perturbed that he would have to wait to get his muscle relaxers, but he supposed there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Yessir....Jeez, a debrief, a brief and Moff knows what else. Chak, where's the docking ring?" Raigen asked before Chak pointed to the long cylindrical corridor right next to them, "Oh. Let's go then, I guess the guys are waiting."

The sentinel shuttle Fisher disconnected from the Corvette and began to move toward the Darkness. By the time they reached the the ship, the Night Sky had jumped into hyperspace. The sentinel did just as it did on the first corvette, connecting onto the docking ring and unloading her wounded and her payload. Raigen had hoped to get a good view of what was on the ship, but was kept out of view of the dirt...so to speak. All he could see were bloodied up crewman waiting for the bacta tanks.

Raigen and Chak entered the Darkness and split up, Chak going to the Hanger and Raigen going to the Med Bay. The medical bay of the Darkness was slowly filling with wounded and Raigen had to look away because one of the crewman's face had been melted and charred by an accident unknown to Raigen. He quickly squeezed his way to the medical locker as multiple screams came from all around.

"You, pilot. We need help. Give me your hand!" said one of the med crewman. Raigen cautiously gave his hand to he woman as he turned away from the locker. Before he knew it, she had shoved his hand into the gaping neck wound of a tech. "I need a doctor over here!" she yelled as Raigen felt like he was beginning to go into shock along with the tech. The woman was yelling and screaming for some tool or another before a doctor finally came to the tech.

"Don't waste my time, you know he's not gonna make it."

"But CHARLES!"

"Save the pain killers for someone who'll remember it. I'm a doctor, not a medic!" with that the doctor stormed off. Raigen was disgusted but saw that the nurse had begun to cry. Raigen reached over to the med locker, his hand still plugging the wound, and grabbed a large bottle of pain killer. The nurse looked at Raigen and then the tech before nodding and grabbing a syringe. When the tech had stopped shaking, Raigen pulled his hand away and looked toward the nurse.

"Thank yo..."

"No time. Who's next?" Raigen said as he wiped the blood from his hands on his flight suit. The two quickly moved to a violently shaking petty officer with a piece of shrapnel in his eye. The nurse tried to move his hands away from his eye to look, but with a quick thrust, his hand went up to strike her in the face. Raigen grabbed the CPO's hands and fought them downward, toward the restraining straps. Once the young man was strapped down, the nurse grabbed a large metal tool and dug out the sharp shred of shattered steel from his eye. Raigen knew the man would never regain his sight. "Don't worry, this is the hard part. It's nothing but pension checks and smooth living for you!" he lied.

-----------------------
[-=2nd Vast Imperial Starfighter Wing=-]
[-=Venom Squadron=-]
TRN/CRW Casca "Black Curse" Phennir/Venom Squadron 1-2/2nd Vast Imperial Starfighter Wing/ISD-II Devastator Platform Saratoga/2VENF OFF/VEN/VE[VC:B][BWC]
[This message has been edited by Casca (edited March 9, 2007 3:35:06 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Casca (edited March 9, 2007 5:16:26 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Casca (edited March 17, 2007 1:57:15 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  34
March 8, 2007 12:06:10 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
She finally received clearance to land aboard the Darkness, Delia piloting her Interceptor into the corvette's hangar bay, the wings touching gently down on the deck.

The pistons lifted the top hatch open with a loud hissing sound, Delia unbelting, stretching, then climbing out and over her cockpit, taking off her helmet only after her feet had touched deck.

Her knees buckled, and her body trembled, and Delia had to use the right sleeve of her flight suit to mop up the sweat matting her hair and running in torrents down her face.

It was so kriffing cold in here, the cold mixing in with the sweat to make her shiver even more, and it took every bit of effort she could muster to looked composed, as she sized up her new squadron mates.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[-=Phoenix Wing=-]

"So tell the judge I'm ready for the vases.
I'll dance in their faces when the guitar sounds.
Won't be long, I won't be gone.
Been leaning towards the shadows all along.
Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  45
March 8, 2007 3:21:31 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
** In the Asteroid Field **

Tomas swallowed hard as he throttled down and banked around an asteroid. A flight of Y-Wing's had appeared on their scanners what seemed like forever ago, though it couldn't have been any more than a few minutes. The back and forth dogfighting was taking a toll on the flight, which was chock full of new blood. Between the four of them only Carly had seen significant action, and even that was limited. The flight had seen what these guys could do and things weren't looking very hopeful.

How in the world are going to get out of this Tomas thought to himself. Having had the numbers advantage last time it had finished a stalemate, now they had entered into battle even. He swallowed again, bracing himself for another sharp maneuver.

"Come on guys, form up! End up all alone and they'll pick you off." The flight had held its own so far, but it was clear they were on the defensive. The Y-Wings were just waiting for them to make mistakes that would cost them their lives. They slipped between a couple asteroids with the bogeys hot in pursuit.

"Alright, head for the asteroid just off to the right...we'll orbit it and break into pairs." Tomas check his sensors, this just might work. "11 and 12, just keep going...Carly, you and I will circle the asteroid...hopefully we can get a drop on them."

It worked perfectly. As the Y-Wings continued the pursuit of the siblings, Tomas and Carly emerged over the top of the asteroid opening fire on the bogeys' canopies from above. Like one mind, the Y-Wings split to avoid the asteroid and continued their chase. Rounding it in hopes of claiming a kill, Tomas saw that one of the Y-Wings had dropped off considerably from his companions. He appeared to be in more of a retreat mode than attack as he angled off to the right in an attempt to put asteroids between himself and Tomas. A panicked voice over the comm was the only thing that prevented the Nazgul flight leader from hunting him down:

"9, this is 11...they're gaining on us...help!" Daniel cried as the Y-Wings began to open fire.

"Carly, throttle up to as fast as you can handle...they need us...now" With that the two interceptors accelerated, in hopes that they wouldn't be too late. Sensors were indicating that the siblings were gradually losing shields as they spun and danced to avoid the laser blasts. Tomas and Carly were gaining but they couldn't get a lock and they couldn't risk adding their own laser fire to what the twins had to avoid.

"11, 12...change your trajectory so we can a couple shots in."

"Copy that,-" Daniel replied, his voice seeming to be a bit more calm. Daniel was cut short by a scream piercing through the comm.

"I've been hit!" Ninad cried out. She fought to gain control of her craft and follow her brother in a loop. Seeing their chance, Tomas and Carly opened fire, but watched in dismay as the blasts hit shields and one of the Y-Wings rolled behind and asteroid.

"@%#&!" Tomas cursed as the other two Y-Wings continued to move after Daniel and Ninad. He hardly had a time to recover when laser fire flashed in front of him, luckily being absorbed by his shields. Banking away he watches as Carly wasn't quite as lucky, the laser fire draining her shields and torpedo ripped through one of her pylons. Ejection wouldn't help as her craft spun, hurtling into an asteroid.

Tomas couldn't believe what he had just seen but knew he had to focus if he wasn't going to experience the same fate. The two fighters barreled in towards eachother, the space filled with laser fire. The two combatants barely managed to avoid colliding as they passed eachother. Tomas desperately wanted to turn around and pursue the Y-Wing but when it kept flying straight he knew what he had to do. He was not going to lose anymore members of his flight if he could help it and raced off desperately hoping he could get to the twins in time.

"Daniel, you copy? What's your situation?" Tomas tried the comm hoping he'd get a reply.

"We're....alive. Ninad's heavily damaged and I'm not sure how long we'll be able to hold out." A reply came back over the comm to Tomas' relief.

"Alright, I'll be right there." The recent showdown had been extremely short and Tomas had not lost too much ground on his flightmates. No sooner had he responded then the Y-Wings had come into view in the distance. Taking in the situation, several tactics and plans formulated in Tomas' head as he raced through the asteroids. Just then, new voices came over the comm:

"This is the Red Cloud. We're going to need to make a jump to hyperspace. We've taken heavy losses and this gunship won't let up, although they're almost as bad off as we are...Wait a moment, three more Corvettes have pulled out of hyperspace."

"Those are VE friendly Corvettes!"

Tomas quickly re-evaluated the situation...They weren't too far from the edge of the asteroid field. With no asteroid cover Ninad would've been a sitting duck out in the open space before, if they could just get Ninad out of there and into range of the corvettes...

Tomas fired scattered bursts at the Y-Wings, not really planning on making any contact but hopefully buying his flightmates a little more time.

"Daniel, try and get her out of the asteroid field and towards the corvettes. Focus whatever is left of your shields behind you and stay between Ninad and the Y-Wings. I'll be there as soon as I can." Please let this work.

"Corvette, this is Nazgul 9. We've got a damaged craft approaching your position. Requesting cover fire."

"Copy that, Nazgul 9. Get 'em out of the asteroid field and we'll do the rest."

Damage to Ninad's engines had slowed the whole chase down and Tomas could see them all dodging and weaving. It was only a matter of time before the Y-Wing's landed a shot, but it had also allowed Tomas to overtake them. 100 metres, no more and they were free of the field. Firing on the Y-Wings would only hasten their resolve to destroy the twins. Tomas wouldn't let that happen, as he dropped down between the two parties. They'd get there, he'd make sure of it...

"Nazgul 9, Corvette Night Sky here. We've got you on visual...opening fire." Tomas watched behind him as pieces of rock splintered off the asteroids. No longer having to worry about asteroids or the Y-Wings Ninad was able to focus what power remained into her engines and made her way towards the corvettes.

"Looks like your my wingman for the time being Daniel."

"What about Ninad?"

"She'll be fine, just focus. We've still got the two on our tail."

"I'm locked!" Daniel screamed in desperation as he pulled away from Tomas, in a final attempt to separate from the fight.

"I've got a lock on me!" Tomas announced as he burst his throttle foreword and looked over to Daniel, "Daniel, don't break formation just yet, I've got an idea." Tomas broke hard to follow Daniel as the missile followed behind him, closing in hard. The missile aimed for Ninad then launched and closed in on. "Daniel, spiral, now!"

"Wha?" Daniel said, but followed orders despite his confusion and the two pilots spiraled around each other. And so did the missiles, spiraling around each other at a faster pace, and following the moves of their targets.

"Break...NOW!" Tomas ordered and the two pilots shot outward, with both missiles following their targets but colliding into each other.

"Nice evade Tomas!" Chak yelled as he launched his own missile which was quickly diverted into an asteroid.

"There should be a medal for that, you know!" called a female voice. It was Ninad, who had safely made it on board the Iceberg.

I don't want a medal...I just want out of this mess.

-----------------------

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited March 10, 2007 12:11:37 AM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  38
March 9, 2007 10:02:00 PM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
All four of the pilots had the look of exhaustion beyond any physical fatigue.

A look she knew too well.

Nodding her head, Delia turned towards the hatchway leading into the rest of the ship, asking the first crewman she bumped into where the galley was, thanking him , before heading towards the nearest turbolift.

Her legs were still jelly, barely holding her up, as she walked past more crewers and droids, Delia shaking and sweating, the fact that she'd just survived her first combat mission in a starfighter registering somewhere in her head, but only at the very edge of consciousness.

She practically collapsed into the lift car when it opened up for her, Delia forcing her fingers to press the button which would take her up to the ship's galley, before sagging against the car's rear wall, closing her eyes....

...she screamed, diving on the swoop which had killed Lelondi, blasting it into burning junk, knowing it wouldn't do any good, Lelondi's screaming....

...in her head even now, Delia focussing on controlling her breathing, the lift doors opening onto the deck leading to the ship's galley, her legs steadier underneath her than they had been, as she stepped out of the lift, walking past the ship's airlocks, watching naval troopers from the Red Cloud manhandle a wiry, oily looking Human male, dark hair plastered to the scalp of his pale, thin, rodus-faced head, battered Rebel flight suit hanging off of him, binders barely fitting around his wrists.

He stared her up and down, licking his thin lips, smiling....

"...she will do," the purple Twi'lek said to Father, snatching her up to her feet by the leash around her neck, before laying the bag of coins in Father's hand, "she will do, quite well."

"Quite...."

"...a package there," the miserable kriff dared say to her, his watery eyes stopping below her belt, licking his lips again. "Perhaps--"

She fired a ridge hand straight into his throat, following that with a kick to his chest which knocked him flat onto the deck, Delia stomping him down for good measure, spitting in his face.

"Perhaps not," she whispered, voice choked with too many memories.

Delia stomping him again before turning and walking away.         

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[-=Phoenix Wing=-]

Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  46
March 10, 2007 12:46:57 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas let out a sigh of relief as his feet made contact with the hangar floor of the Darkness. It seemed like it had been a while since he wasn't cooped up either in his cockpit or the shuttle that had just brought his flight, (or what was left of it) over from the Iceburg. From what he'd heard during the ship transfer the other two corvettes, the Iceburg along with the Night Sky had jumped right back into hyperspace in pursuit of the pirates. Why they had done so with minimal fighter cover added yet another weight on Tomas' mind.

After checking in with flight control to acknowledge that they had arrived safely aboard, Tomas found a secluded corner of the hangar and sat down. Leaning his back against the wall, all he could manage was a deep breath. He felt fine on the surface, but deep down things were wrestling about. This had not been the easiest of missions for someone as new as him. Especially after being assigned as leader of flight three.

Beyond his curiosity about what would happen next, all Tomas could think about was what had just happened. His flight was now only a shadow of the youthful eagerness that had been apparent in the cantina not too long ago. Ninad was badly shaken from the helplessness she had felt in the battle, coming about one laser shot away from being killed. Daniel wasn't much better though Tomas couldn't blame him. It had been tough enough for Tomas when he helped get Ninad to safety, but to have your sister's life in your hands...Tomas couldn't begin to imagine.

Then there was Carly...all Tomas could do was let his gaze wander around the hangar as he reflected on it. Her ship had been ripped apart right before his eyes and he had watched the remains explode on impact as they collided with an asteroid, unable to do anything about it. He had not even been able to properly avenge her, after having to race off after his other flight mates.

With that Tomas took another deep breath and tried to push it from his mind. Across the hangar he noticed some of the other Nazgul gathering together. He would go and join them, but not quite yet...

(O.O.C. Sorry for a bit shorter post, but its late and I felt I needed to get some character development stuff in before the story got anymore hectic again)

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited March 10, 2007 12:49:21 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited March 10, 2007 10:46:33 AM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  42
March 11, 2007 3:35:28 PM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
The galley was serving up some sort of pasta dish with ground nerf meat in a heavy brown sauce, Delia taking a generous platefull of that, along with several rolls slathered with bantha butter, and a mug of hot, strong, black caf.

Now, to find a place to sit down...nearly every table in the room had at least one being seated at it, most of them watching a holoprojector showing reruns of some HoloNet drama she'd never heard of, and didn't care for.

"Attention!" a masculine voice boomed over the speaker,"attention, all personnel! Secure all stations for the jump to lightspeed, I say again, secure all stations for the jump to lightspeed."

She didn't feel anything, even though the voice announced, a few moments later, that the ship was now in hyperspace.

There...an empty table in a dark corner of the room, Delia taking her tray over there, sitting down, tentatively poking at her meal with her fork, wrapping some of the pasta around it, taking her first bite of food....

"...enough!" Father screamed, backhanding her to the floor, her stomach still growling.

"I told you no more food!" he shouted at her, shaking his head, adding,"any fatter, and you could pass for a kriffing Hutt...."

...not bad, needed seasoning, Delia taking the pepper shaker, burying her meal in pepper, taking her second bite...now, it was perfect, Delia chasing it down with a swallow of caf.

She then took the datapad strapped to the thigh of her flight suit, calling up the chapters on "Advanced Fighter Tactics," "Tactical Training," and  "Ship Engagement," reading all of them simoultaneously while eating...she had entirely too much to learn, and she wasn't going to be able to learn it all, not nearly well enough to improve on her abysmal performance out there, definitely not well enough to....

...Lelondi's Talon exploded, falling out of the sky....

...she swallowed another gulp of caf, another forkful of food, as the words on the datapad swam in front of her, and Lelondi's screams echoed off the blood pounding in her ears.

She tried forcing herself to concentrate, not at all succeeding, Delia then looking up at the ceiling, gulping down air like she was starved for it instead of the dinner in front of her.

After a subjective eternity, the screaming ebbed away, and she turned her attention back to her datapad.

A lot to learn.   

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[-=Phoenix Wing=-]

[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 11, 2007 6:04:35 PM)]
Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  48
March 11, 2007 5:05:04 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas snapped back to reality, not entirely sure how long he'd been out. The hustle and bustle that had been going on in the hangar was now gone, replaced by near silence. The pilots had moved on, most likely making their way to the bar, medical bay, or the quarters they'd been assigned in hopes of getting some well deserved sleep. On landing, Tomas had been told they would be debriefed later on though how long ago they had landed or how soon "later" was now.

Suddenly Tomas felt someone lightly kicking his foot. So that had been what woke him from his daze. Looking up, he recognized the figure standing over him as Nazgul 2. Trevor...that's how he'd been introduced back at the base, before this mayhem had begun.

"Hey...Tomas was it? A few of us are heading to the cantina for a little bit before they bring us in for debriefing, you wanna come along?" Trevor asked, helping Tomas to his feet.

"Hm? No, it's okay. I think I'm just going to head to the barracks till the debriefing. Not really in the mood to socialize." As much as he tried to hide it, Tomas was sure his face had 'what do I do now!?!' written all over it. As Trevor gave him another look over, Tomas knew it was true.

"You sure everything's ok? I know what's it like after going through your first real dogfight. If you need anything, just let me know." Trevor said, before making his way to the hangar door.

"Thanks." Even from such a short exchange, Tomas felt a little better about the whole thing. It was good to know people around him were paying attention. It had been a while since this had been the case. Back at the academy on Bastion, Tomas had been just another number...another faceless shadow, no matter how much talent he had shown.

Making his way down the hall to his bunk, Tomas continued to reflect on what had gone on since he had joined the Vast Empire. He had excelled in his studies and the corresponding training missions...and had been rewarded for it. He had now come upon a hard time and knew he had a support group around him. It was a new feeling, but it was one that really appreciated having. Things would be different here, he was sure of it.

And on the other hand, he would have to get used to this kind of thing. There would be many more battles to come and Tomas would have to learn to respond better if he intended on surviving them.

Nearing the barracks, Tomas glanced out a rare viewport scattered around the corvette. He was here, the stars would be his home, probably for the rest of his life. It was time to accept it...embrace it...because this it was where he belonged...

-----------------------

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Member

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  449
Total Posts:  860
March 12, 2007 1:30:22 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had invited Tomas to come have a drink with some of the other pilots but had been turned down. I guess I don't blame him though, sometimes socializing after the first battle can be a bit weird. Oh well, I'd like to get to know the guy, I hope he sticks around. We could use a pilot like that. Trevor thought to himself as he made his way towards the cantina. How he knew where it was he wasn't totally sure, but he found it no problem just like the rest of the guys who had decided to make their way to it. Jaden waved him over and Trevor took a seat in the corner booth they had selected, a pitcher of Corillian Ale already set on the table.

"Fancy flying Trevor, fancy flyin'." Jaden said to him as he sat down, patting him on the back.

"Yeah, got half a kill though, lower than average," Trevor replied with a mock hurt in his voice, then laughed. He knew that the fact that other pilots had gotten 2 kills or more was a total fluke in a fight like that.

"Meh, you avoided becoming blaster food more than once." Darius commented, a rare grin on his face. I suppose a fight against some real tough pilots has brought up the spirits...somehow... Trevor thought to himself as he unzipped the top of his flight suit and poured himself a glass of ale. The other pilots started chatting about the battle and Trevor quickly lost interest in the stories; something that was rare for him. Normally he liked to brag just as much as the next guy about an amazing escape or a near miss, but not this time. His mind was on a ship he had never been on, occupied by a member of the female gender. He reached into the inside pocket of his flight suit and pulled out a data pad.

With a quick push of a button he had it on and checked for any messages, happy to find one from Tokijin. He read through it quickly and was pleased to see that her first day had gone well. He checked the time and realized the message had been sent only a few minutes after they got in the air on Dastoria. He quickly started a reply message of his own.

You'll have to tell me how everything's been going since you sent that last message. You'd kill me if you knew that we just finished a battle with a bunch of pirates. Obviously I'm still fine though so there isn't a lot for you to worry about yet. We're on the way back to the Atrus. I'll let you know how things are going when we get back, since once we jump I won't be able to send any messages.

Lots of Love,
                    Trevor Evenson.

He re-read the message and satisfied he hit 'send'. Not a moment too soon either, because as soon as he did so and the message began its travels a voice came over the intercom telling them they would be entering hyperspace in a few moments.

"On the way home boys!" Jaden said loudly, enjoying himself now that they had time to relax. He slapped Trevor on the arm again. "You almost ready for the briefing?"

"Yeah, when is that?" Trevor asked, taking a large swallow of his drink and enjoying the rich flavor.

"Well, if you wanted to I could go talk to the communications people and have them page all the Nazgul pilots and we could have it now. The sooner we have it the sooner we can get it off our backs and enjoy the ride." Jaden pointed out, making a move to stand up.

"Nah, I'll go do it." Trevor said, pushing Jaden back into his seat. Jaden merely shrugged, indifferent to Trevor's decision. A quick movement brought his glass to his lips and Trevor finished it off, slamming the glass back on the table and making his way towards the exit.

After he hit the hallways it didn't take him 15 minutes to find the communications deck. He quickly got the attention of one of the officers and made his request. The officer nodded politely and sat down at the nearest terminal. A moment later a deep voice boomed across the ship, asking all the pilots to meet in briefing room SF as soon as possible. Trevor nodded to the clerk and turned briskly on his heel towards the door.

Briefing room SF was harder to find then the communications room, and he was surprised to find he was one of the latest people to show up. He also noticed a few people he had not seen before. One was a woman wearing a pilot's uniform that Trevor guessed to be the one who had been given the callsign Nazgul 13. The other was a man in his mid-30s wearing a captain's uniform. Trevor didn't need to guess that this was the captain of the ship, but as for names he was lost. Jaden said something inaudible to the captain and motioned for Trevor to come up onto the stage.

"This is my XO, Trevor Evenson. Trevor, this is Captain Baand." Jaden said as the captain stuck out a hand. Trevor shook it, noticing that the captain did not have the rough, hard hands of a working man, leading him to want to believe that the captain was of the kind who could buy his rank or use leverage from a father or relative to leap into position. The only thing that kept him from thinking this was that he had heard of Captain Baand before and knew that everyone in the VE earned their place.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Evenson, I've heard good things about you." The captain said, giving Trevor a firm shake and then releasing his hand.

"I've probably heard just as much good about you Captain. Are you the man that single handedly took on a pair of gunships twice your size and won?" Trevor asked, half out of awe at meeting someone with such talent, half to make sure he was thinking of the right man.

"Yes, that would be me. I hear you're one of the VEN's more up and coming pilots. I've also heard that a squadron command position is not to far off for you." The captain replied, a grin on his face that made Trevor feel slightly nervous, feeling that the captain may know more then he was letting on.

"Well, I dunno about that. Anyways, shall we get on with the debriefing? I was looking forward to a nice long rest." Trevor explained with a shrug.

"Right away, go find yourself a seat."

Trevor sat down near the front of the auditorium and watched quietly as Jaden stepped in front of the podium. Like the rest of the pilots he still wore his flight suit, as they had not been supplied with a change of clothes aboard the Darkness. He took a look around the room and eyed each pilot before issuing his first words.

"Well done." Was all he said for a moment, letting the words come to him. "We've managed to fend off a horde of pirates with minimal losses to ourselves. Not only that, but we safely completed our mission. We delivered the transports to their rendezvous point and got the safely aboard the corvettes.

"Not only this, but we managed to capture one of the pirates and bring him aboard. He will be interrogated soon; hopefully he will reveal a lead as to who hired them and why. Now, along with this information, I have a few announcements. First off I'd like to welcome Delia Cael to the squadron. She's been transferred here from the academy and will hopefully be sticking with Nazgul for a while." Jaden explained, motioning to Delia. She nodded and that was all.

"While I'm at it, I regret to inform you that the twins, Ninad and Daniel Granite will be being transferred out of the squadron." He said, gesturing in the direction of the twins. They sat looking indifferent, as if being squadron hopped was a normal thing for them. Indeed, it was, but they never bothered to worry about it. With that, Jaden gave one last look around the room and turned to the captain. "I believe you wanted to say something?"

"Yes, I did. Thank you commander." Captain Baand said as Jaden stepped out of the way and he stepped up to the podium. His eyes fell towards Trevor and lingered for a moment, but after that he looked towards the back of the room as if he was addressing a huge amount of people and didn't want to watch one in particular.

"I received today a message from Naval Command that I was supposed to relay as soon as possible. It concerns your commander Jaden, as well as the XO, Trevor." The captain said with a pause, taking time to look over at Jaden. Jaden seemed as clueless as the rest of the squadron as to what was going on, and it seemed that he had no idea about what was about to happen either.

"Jaden has been removed as Squadron commander. It has been decided that he will be able to serve the navy better by playing a role with the newly re-thought-out academy. In his place, Trevor Evenson has been selected to fill his position. Although he may be inexperienced, command believes he has what it takes to assume full control of this squadron. He can select his XO when he is ready." Baand told them. Trevor looked from the captain to Jaden and back again. Jaden merely shrugged, as if he felt something like this was going to happen soon. "That is all, you are dismissed."

With that the other squadron members stood up and began filing out. Darius walked passed and slapped Trevor on the back as congratulations, and the rest of the squadron was indifferent to what had just happened. They were all too new or didn't realize what all had just happened. I need to talk to Jaden, but first I'll talk to the captain. I'm sure he can tell me a few things about what is going on. Trevor thought to himself as he stood up from his chair and made his way towards where the captain was standing. He took the three steps in one leap and saluted the captain.

"I was wondering if I could ask you a quick question." Trevor asked Baand after his salute was returned.

"Go ahead. Jaden may be able to help out more with questions about squadron command." Baand replied, adjusting his cap before returning his hands to his pockets.

"Well, I was wondering just what exactly it was that we were transporting that pirates would want so bad. Not only that, but what was important enough to have pilots die for?" Trevor asked, sounding more frustrated than angry. Normally they'd be told what they were escorting, but this time was different and everything was overly secret.

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to reveal that to you. What I can tell you though is that soon enough you'll be helping to test them." The captain answered, before nodding towards Jaden. "I suggest you go get things sorted out, I need to get back to the bridge."

"Yes sir." Trevor replied and turned towards Jaden, his question only partially answered. He assumed that if they needed a squadron to help test whatever these new weapons were, they would be some sort of new star fighter. With a final salute he turned on his heel and made his way over to Jaden.

"Congrats." Jaden said as Trevor approached, sticking out his hand. "You've earned it, and I hope you do a really good job." Jaden continued as Trevor shook his hand.

"I've learned from the best, so I only can hope I'll do half as good." Trevor told Jaden as he released his grip. Jaden nodded thanks. Just as Jaden was about to speak a communications officer burst into the room, breathing hard as if he had just ran half the way there. He jogged up to Jaden and Trevor. Between breaths he managed to get his message out to the two of them.

"We received a message before we jumped into hyperspace and I was ordered to come up here and deliver the message to you two. I'm also supposed to find a Darius but I dunno where he is." The officer gasped, doing his best to catch his breath quickly.

"We'll relay the message to him. C'mon, spit it out." Jaden ordered, waving his hand in front of him as if waving for a toddler to hand over a toy.

"Well, I was given the message that Jen Knight was soon to be released from hospital and that it was urgent, that's why I ran." The officer explained, finally having caught his breath.

"What?!" Trevor asked before Jaden could, surprised at what he had heard. "What did you say?"

"I said that I was told it was urgent and th-" He started but was cut off by Jaden.

"No, no, before that!" Jaden said excitedly, hardly believing what he had heard.

"Oh, that Jen Knight is almost ready to be released from hospital. She gave a list of names of people she'd like to see as she got out, and you two were on the list, as well as Darius. We've also managed to get a hold of Arturus and Tokijin and Shazam. Jack Nebulax was un-reachable." The officer explained, in detail this time. Trevor and Jaden both had looks of shock and happiness on their faces, and could hardly believe what they were hearing.

"So Jen is going to be back&" Trevor said to himself more than anyone, but Jaden overheard.

"Apparently. Let's celebrate this with a couple of drinks, eh? My last little gift to the squadron before I'm shipped off to work with greens all day." Jaden suggested, slapping Trevor on the back. It was the third or fourth time it had happened to him today and his shoulder was beginning to get a little sore.

"Yeah, sounds good to me. Maybe we can page Darius as we go and have him meet us at the cantina. Hell, let's get the whole squadron for it, they could use to get to know each other a little better." Trevor said with a grin, and Jaden nodded. The two brushed past the confused communications officer and made their way towards the cantina, both sending out messages to the squadron members to meet them at the cantina.

********** MISSION SUCCESS **********

OOC: All right, I've wrapped up the story. You can continue to post here with them being at the cantina and all of that good stuff, but realize that none of it will count towards the competition scores. Take some time and get some Character Development in. Everyone will be in the cantina, so start making friends and stuff. Good work everyone.

-----------------------
SC/WO2/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  44
  Boning Up For Exams
March 13, 2007 10:29:21 AM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
Delia continued studying her datapad during much of the briefing, looking up only once, when the Nazgul Squadron commander, Jaden, introduced her.

Delia merely nodding her head in reply, uncomfortable with all these eyes on her, before turning her attention back to her datapad, Jaden then announcing the imminent departure of two of the squadron's members.

The Nazgul Squadron commander then turning the briefing over to some pumped-up toff calling himself the Darkness' captain, who informed everyone that Jaden had been reassigned to Academy teaching duty, and his XO was to take his place immediately.

Great, she thought to herself, right when I get here, everyone leaves. What, do I just have that face?

The Darkness' captain then dismissed the pilots, Delia wasting little time in getting up and out of the briefing room, accosting a nearby M3PO droid, asking him where the sim room was.

"Oh, that is the next door down to your right, Crewman," the droid replied, pointing at the door clearly marked "SIMULATION CHAMBER" in Basic.

"Thank you," Delia replied, feeling utterly and thoroughly stupid.

"A pilot with manners," the M3PO remarked sarcastically. "Who would've guessed?"

"A 3PO with an attitude," Delia said archly. "What a kriffing surprise."

She turned on her heel and entered the sim room, realizing with chagrin, that she hadn't been specific in her query, and she didn't feel like going back to ask the smart-mouthed military protocol droid any further questions--assuming the pretentious pile of scrap wasn't elsewhere attending to duties....

A few moments was all she needed to find the TIE fighter simulators amongst the ones reserved for ship and ground forces training, Delia stepping into one of them, booting it up, consulting her datapad before deciding to load some of the scenarios from the Senior Aviator's Exam into memory, starting with a Flight vs Flight scenario, four Interceptors on four X-Wings, both flights coming at one another head-on.

And her as flight leader...in the real world, that would be a huge  mistake, but for the purposes of this scenario, it would have to suffice.

The X-Wings were dropping into a staggered V formation, the leader and his wingman at the rear, flying slightly higher than the other Rebel element, her flight of Interceptors closing on them at maximum burn.

"Okay, people," she said into comms,"let's tighten up a bit, ladder formation, weapons hot, break when I break."

She led her flight into a cloudbank just above the Rebel formation, using her dedicated energy receptor to keep tabs on the X-Wings, not switching in her active sensors, not yet, she wanted to keep the Rebs guessing as long as she could, Delia waiting until they were almost outside optimum missile range before launching a concussion missile in dumbfire mode, screaming,"Break, now, for kriff's sake!" over comms, following her wingman down, quickly closing the bracket on one of the Rebel machines, pumping laserfire into his shields in passing, Delia taking only the most superficial notice of another X-Wing, his lower pair of S-foils and engines shot away, plummeting towards earth, as she shot past the machine her element had been attacking.

Sensors warning her the instant that X-Wing had begun turning to attack her, the missile warning tone going off in her head at the same time.

"Take care of the one on my tail!" Delia shouted into the comms, driving laser pulses into the Rebel coming at her head on, Delia barrel rolling to avoid overshooting her target, continuing to batter at its shields, spearing his upper starboard engine, the Rebel countering with a barrel roll of his own to force her to overshoot him, Delia levelling off, letting the X-Wing slide past, manipulating her ship's ion stream to bring her guns to bear on his backside, snapping off two volleys in quick succession, before the X-Wing attempted to break away from her.

Delia stayed with him, continuing to pound his shields, taking out another engine and most of his upper port S-foil, another shot demolishing his astromech droid, the Rebel starfighter falling away from her, Delia diving to pursue.

The sim freezing at that point, a female voice announcing,"Mission success. Simulation terminared."

Delia then looking carefully at the statistics scrolling across her display, sighing and shaking her head, cursing softly at quite a few of them.

She could do better.

She had to do better.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[-=Phoenix Wing=-]

[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 13, 2007 11:46:55 AM)]
Raigen
ComNet Veteran

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  1035
March 17, 2007 4:02:26 PM    View the profile of Raigen 

It had been minutes after Raigen had left before the nurse would notice his disappearance. Raigen was still appalled by the attack. Attacking the fighters was one thing, but doing that much damage, that much injury to the sentinels and their crews, was unheard of. Raigen had been around pirates long enough to know that you don't put more than a few warning shots into the shields of transports. Especially ones that were caught up in an asteroid field. He scratched the side of his head before turning toward the briefing room.

The events of the battle were still going through his mind. Zhars had died because he tried to save Raigen's life. It wasn't the first time someone had died because of him. Gemini's face flashed before his eyes. He looked down at his left hand, broken, dismembered, a permanent reminder of his mistake. I deserve worse! he thought before entering the briefing room.

Raigen's flight suit was covered in blood when he entered the briefing room. The entire room went silent as they saw Raigen. "The...um...med bay is....yeah." Raigen took a seat and wiped the blood from his cheek. He had left the relaxers in the med bay. I guess I don't need them... he lied to himself before wiping some of the blood from his hands onto the legs of his flight suit and grabbing his data pad of mission information. There was still a bit of blood and it smeared on the data pad as he grabbed it.

Captain Baand gave him a confused look before continuing with the debriefing. "Jaden has been removed as Squadron commander. It has been decided that he will be able to serve the Navy better by playing a role with the newly re-thought-out academy. In his place, Trevor Evenson has been selected to fill his position. Although he may be inexperienced, command believes he has what it takes to assume full control of this squadron. He can select his XO when he is ready." Raigen rolled his eyes. Not that he didn't respect Trevor, he did. He had just been through too many command changes. He also noticed that all but one of his previous commanders were sitting in the room with him now. It didn't matter. He would be leaving soon anyway.

"That is all, you are dismissed." Raigen sighed. He had all but missed the debriefing entirely. Raigen sighed again before filing out of the auditorium with the rest of the squadron. He would have followed them to the cantina on any other day, but he had to get his discharge request filled.

Raigen headed away from the crew quarters/hanger area and toward the front of the ship. It took a few minutes to reach the head of the corvette. Raigen walked into a small room where two warrant officers were working. "I need the HON-DC-MED request papers."

"Aye, I'm still finishing up this report. Some Thrawnist jacked the Corvette he was assigned to and called into us for assistance. We got the signal but gave the mission to a few Carrack Cruisers in the vicinity. We still have to report it though," the warrant officer said as he rustled through a stack of papers. He pulled out a sheet and handed it to the other WO, "Here's the request request form. Get that validated and then you can give it to him....Sorry, some of our crewman have been requesting discharge if their coworkers and so now we have to limit who we give these out to. Sign your Galactic Identification Code here and then your VE Military ID here."

Raigen signed his two id codes: 9BCET1T1-0872 and VTI-752. The first changed constantly and the first part was forged. He was actually born in 8 Before Common Era(Before Battle of Yavin). The rest designated his System Planet and number of birth in that year. Raigen gave the warrant officer the numbers and waited for his request forms. After a few minutes, the second officer came back with a datastick for Raigen. "Fill this out and give it to the information officer on whatever ship you are on at the time. He'll run it through and verify it.

Raigen nodded and took the chip, turning to return to the barracks supplied to Nazgul Squadron while they were on board the Darkness.

-----------------------
[-=Phoenix Wing=-]
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited March 18, 2007 9:36:49 PM)]
Evil_Clown
ComNet Novice

Evil_Clown

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  51
March 17, 2007 5:16:59 PM    View the profile of Evil_Clown 
Her head throbbing, Delia leaned back in the chair of the simulator booth, looking away from the display showing the results of her latest sorry performance.

No way in hell would she ever be ready for the Senior Aviator's Exam, let alone contribute to Nazgul in any way other than in their deaths.

She sighed explosively, wiping the sweat from her brow with the sleeve of her flight suit, finally getting up out of the booth after a few moments.

Every joint and vertabrae ached unmercifully, her legs pulsating jelly underneath her, as she started walking towards the exit...she needed a shower and a change of clothes, and her gear was still aboard her Interceptor.

She had just decided to head there, when that blasted M3PO she'd run into earlier accosted her outside the door to the sim room.

"Still here?!" he asked, shaking his head. "It's practically the middle of the night; I'd have thought you'd be spending it in the cantina drinking, wenching and generally behaving in the same deplorable manner for which starfighter jocks the galaxy over are only too well renowned."

"Well," Delia replied curtly to the pile of scrap metal, as she brushed past him,"I'm not."

The 3PO putting a hand on her chest to stop her.

"Is there something else?" she asked, her right hand going to the Thunderer heavy blaster pistol holstered there." Or are you just bored with your existence and wish for permanent deactivation?"

"If you are," she added,"I can make that happen."

The M3PO managed the droid equivalent of a chuckle.

"Our nephew," he said,"said you had an alarming propensity for solving problems with violence."

"'Our nephew?!'" she asked, with no small amount of suspicion and incredulity, remembering the note telling her a favor was going to be asked of her.

"Our nephew," the military droid replied evenly. "I can explain it in more detail, but then I'd have to shoot you and self-destruct almost immediately after that, and I assure you, that would be most unpleasant."

"As is listening to a worn-out line from any number of bad HoloNet thrillers starring the ISB," Delia replied just as evenly.

"He obviously sent you here to tell me what the favor is," she added,"so have done with it, so I can get whatever it is over with."

The M3PO chuckled again.

"Nothing too demanding," he replied. "He just wants you to pay attention to your surroundings."

"I do that anyway," Delia replied, wondering just what the hell her "nephew" was on about.

"Then he advises you continue to do so," the droid replied.

"He further advises you that an idiot's array is not always the winning hand," he added, before turning on his heel and walking away.

"And that means?" she asked after him.

"Precisely," the M3PO replied at the same time he walked away from her,"what it means. You're smart enough to figure that out, aren't you?"

"Oh," he added,"and my designation is LM-464. You can call me Ellem, if it helps."

Delia shook her head, as the droid disappeared into the turbolift at the end of the corridor, not sure just how much help the kriffing pile of scrap would be.

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]

[-=Phoenix Wing=-]

[This message has been edited by Evil_Clown (edited March 17, 2007 5:20:34 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1761
Total Posts:  2143
June 3, 2007 12:27:37 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally.

-----------------------
SCAP, WADJ/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STCR Doashim/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoC][BWC][SWC][GWC]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Through the Eyes of Tyranny  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:41:40 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 197  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >