Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph - vacation story - Imous III

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Kaph - vacation story - Imous III
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] VET Web Designer

Post Number:  3288
Total Posts:  4599
  RE: Kaph - vacation story - Imous III
September 17, 2006 7:51:38 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
A red sun slowly crept towards the horizon, signaling the end of yet another day. The temperature was warmer than usual, but none mattered much. The beach outside was starting to empty out, humans and humanoids alike, packed things and headed in. It was the third day after their arrival on Imous III, their vacation was already half gone. Yet, Will found himself not the least bit relaxed or well rested. On the other hand, the rest of his squadron seemed to be having a wonderful time on their own. Everyone except Demonic, Krius, and himself had been disappearing every evening to somewhere to enjoy themselves. Will didn't really care where they went, as long they didn't get into trouble with the local authorities and that they're having fun. They need to rest up as well as they can, once we go back, it'll be a long while before they get another vacation as long as this one.

The door beeped to the arrival of a vistor, then moved aside as Kal walked in. "Hey Will, how's it coming?"

"Anxious?" Will asked in return.

"Yea, I suppose. It's not everyday one gets to do something like this. I don't know what's going on, but it feels like there is more to this than just some supplies delivered to the local authorities. I don't know what, but it just doesn't feel right."

"I know what you're saying Kal, I'm having doubts about it myself. But it's our mission to do it nonetheless. Just do what you're told, and try to stay alive. Rest up, I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. But be sure to not oversleep."

"Yea, see you in a few hours." Demonic said, then left.

--------------------------------------------

Will laied on his bed, eyes closed, but not asleep. He couldn't sleep, not while knowing what could happen. Looking over at the time for the thousandth time that night, and decided to rather just get ready. There really wasn't anything to do, all he did was put on his belt, guns, and the ammo packs, then went to check on Demonic.

Demonic was also up, but he wasn't ready to go as Will was. With the virtual target practice on his head, Kal stood in the middle of the room, and squeezed off invisible shots of energy.

Will walked up behind him, and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. Kal snatched off the machine and backed off, caught by surprise.

"It's nice to know that you're doing some last minute practices. But it's time to go. I hope you had time to rest."

"Yea, like anyone could in a time like this." Kal retorted to Will's sarcasm.

Will turned to the door with a slight smile on his face. Perfect, he's in just the right mood, not too nervous, yet not careless either. "C'mon, get your things, it would be a bad impression to keep our host waiting.

------------------------------------------------

A cargo hauler was waiting for them when they reached the storage areas where the cargo was held. Will got into the driver's seat, and started the vehicle. It was an old and dirty AA-4 Mega Hauler, with a few modifications that allowed it to carry a bit more than the stock version. Will gripped the control wheel and familiarized himself with the controls. The cargo had already been loaded, by whom, Will didn't know nor cared, but he was sure his mission briefing mentioned that someone at the storage compound would take care of everything. All they needed to do was deliver the cargo. Still, it was his job to deliver, so Will made Kal check to make sure no one had opened the crates or anything. The crates
were clear, no one had tempered with them anywhere. Satisfied with the results, Will engaged the thrusters and they set off.

---------

Sorry about the delay, I was having problems with the computers at home. Than, or Cyleaf, would you be so kind as to either continue your adventures in the club, or your jungle adventure as we planned.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
"Lives are created to be ended, just as rules are made to be broken." -- Unknown, probably me
ESC/ESN Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][LSM]{VB}
Wm/Wm Willtconq/WM:1/Webmasters/VET/VE
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  133
Total Posts:  349
September 22, 2006 9:55:03 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The night had gone smoothly after the dancing, Gilman had proved to be a generous host as their glasses never seemed to empty and the food was plentiful. With all his kindness something didn't quite settle with Cyleaf, most people didn't take kindly to an outlander beating them in anything on their turf with their toys.

The alarm clock was raising it's buzzing voice rousing the Zabrak from his thoughts even though he had already awaken.  Muscles creaking and head pounding he tossed the blankets aside. Need to lay off the liquor he screaming head was telling him as he walked across the room taking off his clothes and stepping into the refresher.

The warm water felt exquisite as everything seemed to unknot like a crystalline snake. The mad bantha seemed to abate some that was until a loud banging came from the door. With a loud sigh he turned the refresher off and grabbed a towel wrapping it around his waist, the water still dripping off his body Cy walked over and peeked out peephole in the door.

Slowly opening the door he let Than and Goltred entered smiling,

"Good morning Cyleaf" Than greeted with a wide smile that showed his teeth, it seemed almost fake.

"Yeah it was until you to came banging on my door" he didn't hide any of his annoyance.

"But we have a nice surprise for you" Goltred chimed in moving towards the bed and plopping down and pulling out a piece of paper.

"Just make yourself at home, mind if I stop dripping on the floor?" the Zabrak spat and for the first time his friends noticed him in a towel.

"Sure go ahead, this will be here when you get out" Than chuckled.

Grabbing some boxers, cargo shorts and undershirt Cy stepped into the refresher to change in privacy. In less than a minute he emerged, the shirt clinging to his wet chest. Going into the closet he pulled out his vest, hiking boots and the DC-17M. Cyleaf finished getting dressed and sat down at the table while Than sat across from him. Goltred began to speak as the Zabrak took apart his gun.

"Well when Than awoke this morning a map was slide under his door and this piece of paper was attached. I've been looking this over and it leads into the jungle to some clearing&"

"Well what did the note say?" Cy interrupted him, removing the rifle stock he replaced it with a pistol grip and continued to listen.

"It was from Gilman, he said that this would be an interesting route for us to take and would have challenges fitting our extreme appetites. Also he warned to bring a pistol, some of the indigenous species are hostile." Than paused before continuing,

"The girls are going to stay here along with Krius, Skylla will take care of them. They know we are going into the jungle just incase something bad happens and we do have our comlinks."

Cyleaf finished making his rifle into a pistol and loaded a magazine,

"Think this might be a set up?"

"Only one was to tell" Goltred said standing up,

"Cause he arranged transportation for us and we have to catch it in about" looking down at his watch he continued "five minutes."

Gathering his weapon parts and standing up Cyleaf repacked in the bag inside his closet. This feels like playing cat and mouse with a Razor cat he thought following his two friends out of the room.

They waited outside of the hotel as air cars zoomed in and out picking up other passengers. It had been fifteen minutes before a worn looking hover car stopped in front of them. Steve stepped out from the driver's seat and greeted them.

"A pleasure to see you again, Gilman thought you would like to explore out rustic jungles and see the wildlife. Shouldn't be too tough for you extreme enthusiasts."

With Steve beckoning them into the car they began the short travel to the edge of the jungles, dropping them off at a well worn path Steve bade them goodbye but not before giving them his comlink number for pickup later.

The lush vibrant trees stretched in front of them, untamed fresh air assaulted their nostrils. Roaring, chirping and barking sounds all seemed to flutter from behind the branches, if Cyleaf had hair the back of his neck would be standing at attention like Than and Goltred's.

Pulling out the map Goltred studied it for a brief second then pointed away from the path and into the trees.

"Seems that we are supposed to go this way" he said taking a step forward. Than nodded and followed while Cyleaf put a hand over his blaster and walked, something doesn't feel right but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

The foliage seemed to envelope them as the passed from the safety of the city into the unknown.

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  196
Total Posts:  760
September 22, 2006 7:17:39 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"You are a bad, bad, man," the girl said once more.

The dead began to pull him through the deck.  He felt heat bellow him...He woke up seeing the ceiling of his hotel room.  His whole body felt like crap, worst of all was the splitting head ach.  Last thing he remembered from last night was a bottle of Corellian whisky.  So this is what a hang over is like, thought Than Sion.  I wasn't even able to learn my limits I got so plastered.

He some how managed to pull himself out of bed and make his way over to the bath room.  He cranked the dial to the cold end.  He didn't feel like easing his pains away, he just wanted to be awake enough to function.  He hadn't noticed the piece of paper tucked under the door until after he was done in the refresher.

He picked it up with a curios look on his face for he had no idea what it could be.  It was a map and a note from Gilman.  When he was done reading, he quickly got ready to go, for their ride would be there in twenty minutes.  He grabbed one of his E-11s as he left the room.  Sion knocked briskly on Goltred's.  Unexpectedly, he opened it right away.  For sitting at the bar the whole time, Goltred seemed unfazed from last nights activities.

"Good morning," said Sion cheerfully.  "Interested in going on a hiking trip?"

He quickly handed Goltred the note.  A smile spread across Goltred's face.  He went over to Skylla's room as he waited for the dark haired human to get ready.  He knocked, this time actually having to wait a few minutes.  Skylla came to the door, her dark hair all messed up.

"Want to go for a hike?" asked Sion with a big dumb smile on his face.

"The only thing I want to do right now is go back to bed," replied Skylla tiredly.

"Works for me, don't forget to baby sit Crystal and Krius then."

He left as she closed the door and headed for his last stop.  By the time he made his way to Cyleaf's room, Goltred had caught up with him.  He knocked and there was a short wait.

"Good morning Cyleaf" Than said obnoxiously

"Yeah it was until you two came banging on my door" Cy was obviously annoyed.

"But we have a nice surprise for you" Goltred chimed in, dropping a piece of paper on the Zabrak's bed.

"Just make yourself at home, mind if I stop dripping on the floor?" the Zabrak remarked.  Than hadn't noticed until now that Cy was in only a towel.

"Sure go ahead, this will be here when you get out" Than chuckled.

Cy came back fully dressed and with his DC-17M in hand.  Goltred took a moment or so to fill Cyleaf in on the details.

"Think this might be a set up?" asked the Zabrak.

"Only one was to tell" Goltred said standing up, "Cause he arranged transportation for us and we have to catch it in about" looking down at his watch he continued "five minutes..."

**In the Jungle**

Even though both were noisy, the sound of the jungle was very different from that of a capital ship.  The sounds of the jungle were more peaceful, more fitting to the rhythm of existence.  In contrast, the noises made by a Star Destroyer didn't have a natural flow.  They went against the grain of existence not only by sound but by their function.  They had only two purposes, to install fear amongst the living or to blot them out entirely.  The jungle wasn't so cruel, killing here was simply an act of survival, not greed and vengeance.

Men being men, they ran out of things to talk about quickly and were left with their own thoughts.  He knew that this would be a good time to get to know the man that would most likely be his new wing man, but the pain of no longer working closely with Demonic still stung.  But situations like these where rare and he couldn't afford to waste this one.

"So Goltred, what is your story?" asked Sion coolly.

"Who said I had one?" replied Goltred slightly defensive.

"Well, none of us know that much about your past," said Sion.  "It was fine with me before, but now with the high chance of us becoming wing men I  thought I should...well get to know you a bit."

"It isn't really that complicated, man meets girl, girl and man have two kids, kids grow up, man and women begin to have 'disagreements,' and eventually man leaves with one of the children.  I join the VE a few years later, nothing big."

It was slightly evident that Goltred didn't believe what he just said.  The story was defiantly true, but the details were left out. 

"It seems like there..." Sion was abruptly cut off by Goltred.

"WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW!!!  My father hurt my mother before he left!  What kind of husband does that to his wife!  Then when I try to stop him, he attacks me two!"  The outburst of anger tapered off and tears began to run down Goltred's face.  "He put me out cold.  I woke up with my mother over me and the whole place trashed.  I don't know what was worst, him hurting my mother or him leaving."

The trio had stopped and was just standing there now.  A few monuments later, Than Sion finally built up the will to speak.

"I am sorry, I too know what it is like to loose a father," said Sion calmly.

Remembering Sion's past, Goltred's face changed to a guilty look.

"I am sorry, I forgot about what had happened to you.  At least my father is still probably alive out there, let alone both parents.  I am sorry for going off on you like that."

"It is ok, those kinds of feelings have a habit of building up until you can't hold them down any longer."

He had broken the emotional ice, which was a start. 

-----------------------
EFL/WO2 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
For two fricking games I thought the Precursors were powerful beings of light, then in Wizard of Oz fashion they all look like Daxter!!! Oh well, at least he got his pants and the girl.
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3296
September 23, 2006 8:48:35 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will checked his datapad again, they were slightly off course. Adjusting the auto pilot slightly, Will then slumped back into the worn synthetic seat, comfortable nonetheless. They had been moving at a constant speed, heading deeper and deeper into the jungle for the past half hour since they set out from the storage compounds.

The sky outside was a dark blue color, almost black. Lighted by two bright moons, the surrounding jungle appeared in patches of light, shadows from the plants high over them. With years flying, Will could feel the change in altitude as the hovercraft ascended to the summit of a plateau. The datapad beeped once, signaling their arrival at the appointed area.

Will brought the hauler to a stop, looked around, then stepped out. He was standing in a slight clearing. The jungle had stopped around the bottom of the slope that lead up to the plateau. Demonic came out the other side of the vehicle, and checked out the surrounding area. The view was awesome. Being on the top of the plateau, Will could see over some of the plants in all directions. The moons helped light up the area. Looking up, Will felt the cool breeze blowing across, as well as the bright moon light shining down.

Ten minutes later, Will heard a slight change in the natural sounds, sounds of hovercrafts. Looking around, Will saw a pair of lights approach. But from the sounds, Will guessed there were more. The pair of lights drew closer, until it was on the same plane as Will's truck, then slowed their motions. Will squinted at the bright lights. when piloting a fighter, he always wore his helmet, which helped reduce glare and lights from any light sources. But not now, and he resented it. Before he knew it, the lights switched off, the area was once again, filled by only the lights from the moons.

Two men in black jump suits and hoods climbed out from a vehicle unknown to Will. "Hello there." The man greeted with a chilling voice.

"Hello yourself." Will replied equally emotionless.

"I assumed you're here with the cargo?"

"How do I know you're the right receiver?"

"Well..." The guy abruptly stopped. He turned his head slowly to the right, no doubt listening to a comlink hidden inside the hood. Will watched as the person's expression evidently soured by the second. After half a minute, he looked at Will, then said, "I thought you were told to come just by yourselves." Through the shadow of the hood, two bright yellow eyes burned menacingly. Will guessed he wasn't human, but he couldn't guess what humanoid the person standing before him was, thus not able to tell what kind of actions he could expect.

"We did come alone. If there are anyone else, they're not with us."

"No? Let's just be sure." He pulled out a small hologram projector with a gloved hand, then activated it. The projector buzzed a bit, then focused into three figures on foot. Even from a distance, Will could tell who the three figures were. Their appearance was unmistakable. Cyleaf in the lead, followed by Goltred, and Than bringing up the rear. "Let me ask you again, are you sure they're not your men? My lookouts tell me they're heading directly for this plateau."

Come to think of it, I haven't seen them all day. So this is what they've been up to. Or perhaps they found out about the mission. His thought trailed off. The humanoid facing him was staring at him expectantly for an answer. "From what I can see, they're just normal hikers. Which shouldn't be surprising."

"Good." he pulled up his collar, then said, "Shoot them."

"Wait." Demonic spoke for the first time that night. "You're going to shoot innocent civilians?"

"We can't risk anyone finding out about this. I'm sure you can understand that. Now, let's get the crates over to my hauler and we can get out of here."

"Alright, Demonic, stay here while I get the hauler turned around so it'll be easier to unload the cargo." Just as Will slammed the door shut, he could hear a volley of shots going off. He closed his eye briefly, hoping they missed.

But when Will got out of the vehicle, Demonic was lying on the ground, face down, with a gun pointed at his head. "Your friend here tried to persuade me into not killing those intruders. I hope you don't have the same idea in mind."

Before Will knew it, both of his pistols were in his hands, and he was squeezing off shots at the humanoid standing over Kal.

He made short work of the guy, as two shots hit him square in the chest. Taking the chance, Kal grabbed the gun off the dead humanoid, and joined the fight. But it was short lived. Fifteen or so men came out of the darkness and started firing back. Diving back into the cover of the hovercraft, Will found him self in the copilot seat, and Kal in the pilot seat. He knew Kal's background pretty well. An orphan raised by a group of racers. Will had every confidence in Kal. Except hoping he wouldn't go too fast and crash.

"We'll need to pick up those three." Will said, and then stuck his hand out the window firing a few shots into the space behind their hovercraft. They were being chased by the other men.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
"Lives are created to be ended, just as rules are made to be broken." -- Unknown, probably me
ESC/ESN Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][LSM]{VB}
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited September 25, 2006 7:41:35 PM)]
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  164
Total Posts:  218
September 24, 2006 8:03:25 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
Kal's hands darted across the controls, increasing the speed and bringing up the vehicle's close-range sensors. If only this thing had weapons... He thought to himself, familiarizing himself with the handling of the hauler.

It was fast, for certain. However, it handled poorly, and the a lot of the nearby environment was fairly dense with obstacles. He inwardly shrugged. He'd flown through worse.

The attackers were in faster, lighter speeders. He had taken a glance back once, and it appeared that they were equipped with mounted guns. Luckily they were traveling fast, so it was hard for them to focus a shot on the two Kaph pilots, the hauler only having taken a few minor hits.

Kal saw something in the distance and magnified the screen to take a closer look. A group of men, armed with blasters, were advancing towards the jungle. "Hang on will!" He said, angling the hauler.

In the future, when Kal would think back to this moment, he would realize how reckless it was, and how they were lucky to have pulled it off. At the current, he was just concerned about making sure his fellow pilots were safe.

Kal pushed forward on the controls, tipping the hauler down towards the men. He pulled up suddenly as he closed on the surface. The hauler leveled, slamming into the ranks of the soldier, sending them flying, their bodies shattered. Blood was splashed over the window, although it quickly and automatically cleaned itself off. One of the speeders behind them had dipped as well, although it's pilot was not quite as fast, and slammed the vehicle into the ground, dashing it and sending it's occupants flying.

Kal pulled back up higher again, turning off towards  the right. "We won't be able to pick them up unless we shake these guys. Keeping this momentum is the only reason why we've stayed alive this long." He said, not taking his eyes from the view.

"This has certainly gone to shit." Willtconq said, firing a few shots through a side window back at the enemy. "Wasn't this supposed to be our chance for relaxation and fun?"

Kal laughed. "Actually, to tell you the truth, I've been mostly bored with this. This probably sounds stupid, but this kinda is my idea of fun." He said, making a sharp turn with the hauler.

"Well, focus less on having fun and more about staying alive." Will said, firing another shot. Kal just grinned.

-----------------------
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
100% on both Exams, looking good.
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph Elite Executive Officer / 2nd Flight Leader
Training Operator, Level One
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  140
September 25, 2006 9:43:24 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The pleasant aromas and sounds of the jungle brought many sensations to the Zabraks's nose. Once he stopped to smell a flower and almost got his nose bit off.

After the argument between Than and Goltred had died down and the human opened up though even for a brief moment, the awkwardness was still lingering in the air. Walking over towards one of the colorful and lush trees he knelt down upon one knee, a brilliant flower seemed to be blowing in the wind.

Cyleaf had never been hypnotized before so the sensation tingling at the back oh his mind he mistook for curiosity instead of a warning. The smell that seeped from what he perceived as a flower was so intoxicating, it was like nothing that had been manufactured and sold as fancy perfume. His hand slowly reached out to touch it but he stopped least the smell dissipated when he plucked it. Slowly inclining his head towards the multi-colored petals he was about to inhale when a blaster bolt sizzled beside him.

Everything came back into focus as if he was awakened from a dream; the Zabrak almost wet himself as he noticed he was almost nose to nose with a snake. Its head was covered in feathers that gave it the flower petals look and shimmered the many different beautiful colors a rainbow offered. Venom was dripping from the two fangs of its opened mouth and sizzled as it hit the ground.

Dropping backwards Cy was reaching into his holster for the gun when it struck burying it's fangs into his armored vest. He yelled from the impact as it slammed him onto his back, the head still pressed into his chest area. Gasping he called out to Than who had ran beside him.

"Shoot the damn thing" he pleaded as his friend looked down in horror,

"But I'll hit you..."

"Just shoot it in the head, even we can't miss from this distance" Cy yelled knowing that they all were lacking in ground based combat skills due to too much time in the air and not enough on the ground.

The Zabrak felt another thud followed by the sensation of dropping a hot drink on yourself and cooling it off with cold water. Chunks of snake and blood had splattered his face.

"You're one crazy nut" Goltred commented bending over and peering down at what was left of the snake. Looking at Cyleaf's vest he decided to say more,

"Lucky that thing was only a baby or it would have pierced that vest like an arc-welder through butter."

"That's only a baby? How do you know?" Than asked interested.

"Cause the adults would have struck when I shot at it before, they are more into the kill than playing with their food"

"I thought it was a flower, I just wanted to give it to Crystal"  Cy stammered obviously in somewhat shock as he peered down at the holes in his vest, it was mere centimeters left before the poison would have been in his veins.

"Ok now the next question is why didn't the blaster burn through you too?" Than asked puzzled.

"Cause it's Barabel microbe armor, absorbs blaster fire but nothing else." Cy said taking Than's hand and standing up.Really lucked out this time, and I'd hate to meet it's Mamma he thought taking the lead as they continued to follow the map.

"Guess he didn't lie when he said extreme hiking" Cy chuckled as they continued trying to ease his racing heart.

"Yeah killer what was it, flowers? What's next razor grass?" Goltred teased.

They continued to hike for about a half hour without incident, the spring was back into Cyleaf's step and the morale was back up. But the good cheer was short lived.

Blaster fire rang out in the jungle, spooked animals rustled in the underbrush darting for safety. Natural reflex had taken over as the three companions dropped to their knees and drew blasters.

"What is blaster fire doing out here?"

"Don't know Than but I think our friend Gilman set us up"

Cyleaf listened again and heard more gun fire, followed by the sound of speeders. The noise was intensifying as they came closer towards their position. Still judging the distance to be about a kilometer or two out he was perplexed by what happened next.

A red blaster bolt pierced through the trees and entered through Goltred's left leg slamming into the ground kicking up dust. The man's scream of pain rattled the Zabrak to the core more then the stench of burnt flesh from the smoking wound. Cyleaf and Than both grabbed an arm each and dragged their companion behind a fallen tree, it wasn't cover but would act as concealment.

"Such a shame, if only you were faster we wouldn't have had to kill you." Steve said as he stepped into the clearing with Dale on his right and Jack to the left. Dale was carrying a smoking EE-3 rifle while Steve and Jack had DL-44s.

"All Gilman wanted you to do was interrupt the supposed secret meeting and get yourself killed, it doesn't pay to show off and win on someone else's territory" He continued as Cyleaf placed his hand over Goltred's wound trying to stop the bleeding from something that hadn't cauterized. Than grabbed some nearby leaves and began to stuff the hole, though not the most sanitary thing to do it was all they had available and it slowed the bleeding.

"How do you want to do this Than?" Cy asked grabbing his blaster and checking the magazine.

"Your armor gonna hold up?" he asked while thinking, the Zabrak nodded,

"As long as they aim in the chest"

"Ok when I signal run for the tree over there, draw some fire I'll try to get some shots off" Cy nodded, he now wished for more time with weapons other than missiles and cannons. Cyleaf's palms were starting to get sweaty and the taste of bile seemed to come up into his mouth, the mishap from earlier and now Goltred and his burnt flesh were making his adrenaline soar.

Looking over to Than he saw him nod, taking it as the sign he stood up and sprinted for all he was worth taking pot shots in the direction of their assailants. Dirt and fauna splashed into the air around him as he was almost next to the tree, back to them but the feeling of a gaffi stick smacking him into the back made Cy tumble almost losing his blaster. Rolling behind the tree he hoped they would think him dead and slip up.

Seeing their attention poised on Cyleaf, Than crept around the end of the fallen tree taking careful aim he placed a bolt into Dale's chest knocking him off his feet. Taking their attention back on him the area lit up with fire. Than tried desperately to see Cyleaf, put each time he looked a blaster fire pelted the area, and they wouldn't last long behind the log as holes started to burn into it.

The Zabrak tried desperately to catch his breath; it had work for a brief second as he heard one of their men cry out in pain only to go silent. Placing his back up against the tree he slowing began to calm his heart down, though he couldn't see Than or Goltred he could see the pestering their hiding spot was taking from fire. Leaning slowly from the tree Cy aimed at Jack who was closer to him and began to fire, watching his bolts pound the ground slightly behind his target he adjusted and fired some more catching Jack as he was running for cover.

"Two down Than" Cy called over to his friend, "How's Goltred?" he added.

"He's not doing to good Cy, we gotta get him help or a decent med kit fast" the worry was unmistakable in Than's voice.

The roar of a speed grew, it was very close now and Steve's shooting died down briefly. Must think back up is here Cy growled to himself. Peering from his hiding spot he saw a speeder slam into Steve sending him flying into a nearby rock and shattering his body. The Zabrak couldn't believe who he saw and the good luck that had befallen them. Standing up he called out to them.

"Will, Kal, I can't believe it's you, hurry Goltred's been shot." He breathed holding back some excitement and turned to Than.

"Than, Will and Kal are here" he shouted running over and helping his friend pick up Goltred and carry him to the speeder.

"He needs a doc or a med pac, something quick" Cy said to Will as Demonic put the speeder in motion. A hail of blaster fire began to come from behind them as the people pursuing Will and Kal caught up to them.

"Seems like you both made friends too" Than said taking aim as he and Cyleaf returned fire.

(Edit:changed to left leg, sorry bout that.)

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 1-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited September 25, 2006 9:44:10 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited September 26, 2006 9:04:20 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Initiate

Than Sion

Post Number:  198
September 26, 2006 8:49:58 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
It was only suppose to be a vacation.  Some time to relax before the next big mission.  It was a time when they could forget that they were military men and not worry about the horrors of war.  But at some point and because of someone, the joyous feelings were shattered into a million pieces that couldn't be picked up.  Something had gone wrong, and one of the consequences of it happening was a hole in Garet's leg.  He didn't know what was going on but he knew two people that probably could tell him.

"What the hell is going on, Will?" demanded more than asked Than Sion.

"Sion, this is not the place or time for insubordination," said Willtconq coldly.  "The operation has went hot and we are back to being military."

"Sorry sir," said Sion soberly, "it is just with Goltred's leg being shot to..."

Will cut him off.  "It is ok.  I understand you have been quickly thrown into a high stress situation and your emotions are not under good control.  I will explain everything later; right now we have other things to worry about."

On cue the sound of super concentrated light hitting the metal body of the speeder could be heard.

"Actually, Sion," said Will, "you can help me discourage our 'groupies' by leaning out that window there with your E-11."

Sion immediately obeyed, spraying the wind shield of one of the speeders with blaster fire.  He was back in the mind set, back in the game, back to killing.  Well sort of, with all the high speed maneuvering by Demonic it was almost impossible to get a well aimed shot off.  He leaned back into the vehicle quickly to avoid getting hit by red energy of death that would surly be coming his way.

"How do you plan to get us out of this mess?" asked Cy.

"Well as far as I can tell there are three speeders in total," replied Will.  "We can out run the men on the ground really fast but we are going to have to put those speeders out of commission before we can get away.  But before we can even think about that we are going to need to contact our men and women back at the hotel and tell them to be on alert.  We thought we were delivering weapons to an anti NR resistance.  By now we have blown our cover and they could be in danger.  I know what I just said was confusing but just do it dammit!"

"I'll get right on that," volunteered Sion, taking out his comlink and turning it to a coded channel...

**Back at the Hotel**

She had been around Krius for so many hours that what he said was starting to seem semi intelligent.  Skylla didn't know if that was because she was actually taking the time to listen to him or if it was second hand stupidity draging her down to his level.  Now that she thought of it, Krius did almost all the talking that day.  Now he was babbling on about what he did to frogs back home with an air cannon.  All of a sudden her comlink began to beep.

"Hello," Skylla said after opening a line to the channel.

"Thank the late Emperor you picked up," said Sion with a lot of worry in his voice.  "Something has went wrong out here.  Someone shot Goltred.  It seems to be the same people that Will and Demonic had to make some kind of dilivery to that went sour.  Oh yeah, our friends from the jets are one of them.  Damn they were playing us all along. Stay at the hotel, don't try to help us.  We will get out of this mess, I promise you that.  I have to go, things are getting really hot out her."

The line went dead before she could reply.

(OCC: Hope I fixed all that I was suppose to.) 

-----------------------
EFL/WO2 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
For two fricking games I thought the Precursors were powerful beings of light, then in Wizard of Oz fashion they all look like Daxter!!! Oh well, at least he got his pants and the girl.
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited October 4, 2006 5:11:27 PM)]
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3305
September 29, 2006 4:53:08 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
"Than, would you be so kind as to secure the crates to the floor please, I heard some creaks when Kal made the last turn." Will called back. Without further comment, Than tossed his gun to Cyleaf, and proceeded to secure the locks. Turning back to the task at hand, Will checked the status of the craft. It was barely holding up. The rear sections showed red with warnings on the diagnostics. If we don't get rid of those freaks quickly, we're toast. Will thought to himself. The guns that they'd brought were not meant to be used on speeders, only on men. The shots merely scorched the front of the two remaining ones. Cyleaf had caught one of the drivers in the shoulder earlier. The driverless speeder crashed into a tree.

"How far are we from the city?" Cyleaf asked. Looking at the datapad, Will saw that they were still hundreds of kilometers away. "Approximately half an hour if we go in a straight line at it." Will replied, paused a bit, then said, "At the rate we're going, plus the turns and dodges, I'd say it'll be another hour or so. If we don't shot up." Will added the last sentence after another pause.

"Goltred's not doing so good. He's bleeding again." Cyleaf reported.

"Alright, all cargo are secured." Than came back from the aft section. "The space back there is really hot. I think the shots are burning through whatever the material this piece of junk was built out of."

"All the more reason to get this over with as fast as we can." Will hinted. Without sensing any change, Will turned to Kal and said, "kal, see if you can bring this piece of junk up a notch."

"Can't, there's been some damage done to the port engine. If you can fix it for me then I'll be glad to push it to its max."

"Alright, I'm on it." Cyleaf said, standing up, at the same time, tossing the guns back to Than. "They're almost empty anyways. These guns can't do anything to the speeders. Unless I get another lucky shot on them. Which is very unlikely."

"Than go with him. Take the guns. If they blast open the back side at least you'll have a weapon to defend with." Will orders without taking his focus from the sensors. "Meanwhile...."

He was cut off as Kal made a tight turn to the left to avoid incoming fire. The shots hit a tree on the path they used to be, and set it ablaze.

Grunting, Will sat up straight again. "Damn these things, no inertial compensators. And next time, Kal, try to give us a warning before you pull something like that again."

"Sorry Sir, it came with reflexes. When the shots came, my body automatically pulled left, but giving out a warning isn't on my list of reflexes." Kal said with dry humor.

Than emerged from the back, holding a hand to the side of the head. "Whoever did that turn is gonna get his head split open just like mine is." Than said through clenched teeth. "gimme the med pack. i've got a bloody crack in the head."

"Yes, kal, you definantly need to give us a warning next time." Will said calmly, suppresing his anger at Demonic for wounding Than unnecesarily, at the same time, he handed Than the medpak, with witch Than used to tend to his bleeding head.

"Looks like we've got a small plain coming up soon. Plus, we still have..." Will looked at the datapad blankly. He'd missed the part when another speeder was killed. Probably due to Kal's driving skills. "What happened to the other one?"

"It crashed into the tree when you were busy talking to Than." Kal replied easily, without turning from the front view. "Everyone hold on."

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited September 30, 2006 1:55:21 AM)]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  148
October 4, 2006 6:23:49 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
"How far are we from the city?" Cyleaf asked his thoughts drifting to Crystal, Skylla and Krius.Hopefully they don't know about the others he thought just catching Will saying that it would be about another hour with Kal's maneuvers.

Looking down at Goltred blood was again oozing from his leg wound, the bandage soaked through. "Goltred's not doing so well. He's bleeding again." Cyleaf told Will, the Human's face had gone pale and his skin felt clammy, he seemed to be going into shock.

Blaster fire zipped past them as Cy again tended to the wound, his medical skills were basic from the brief training at the Academy but he hoped it would be enough. Taking his left hand he placed it on the inside of Goltred's leg and squeezed the skin against the bone hard using it to pinch the femoral artery and placing another field bandage around the wound and synching it up tight. If this keeps getting worse he might need a tourniquet and probably loose the leg.

All the more reason to get this over with as fast as we can." Will hinted. Without sensing any change, Will turned to Kal and said, "Kal, see if you can bring this piece of junk up a notch."

"Can't, there's been some damage done to the port engine. If you can fix it for me then I'll be glad to push it to its max."

"Alright, I'm on it." The Zabrak said tossing the guns to Than and commenting how they were about empty. They both disappeared into the aft section. Almost immediately the craft shook and both lost their balance, Cy grabbed hold of the port engine almost losing a finger to the spinning components. Than wasn't so lucky slamming his head into the hatch and receiving a good gash while dropping both guns.

Cyleaf peered at the engine looking for damage while Than made his way back up topside. Seeing a hole in the aft bulkhead he traced it where it burned into the engine. Yanking on the cover it fought to stay tight but under stress the Zabrak had a little extra strength and wrenched it up.

Ah Sithspit looks like it fried the power converters his mind screamed at him as he started to look around the compartment. Seeing the two blasters on the ground if it was possible a light bulb would be hanging over his head.

Breaking apart his DC-17M Cyleaf easily removed the power coupler on the weapon, it was made to be quickly taken apart but Than's E-11 was a little trickier. Finally with both couplers in hand he reached in to pull out the fried ones and received a shock.

"Kal take some power off the port engine, I don't wanna get fried" he yelled only to receive a smack on the head and a cut over his eye as the speeder quickly changed directions. Wiping the slow dripping blood from his eye Cy reached in and removed them both, quickly working to replace the others.

One coupling was fully secured and the other just barely snapped into place he was blown back against the wall smoke lingering from his body. Thanks Kal he thought chuckling though his ribs slightly hurt from the impact.

Picking up both guns the Zabrak returned topside to see Kal's face go from a smile to a frown as Will glared at him. "What did I tell you about warnings?" Will screamed.

"But he told me to power it down" Kal said in defense, Cy winced slightly.

"It's really just a small scrape, but I could have used a warning when you powered back up" Cy added rubbing his side.

"Do you smell something burning" Than asked a little alarmed.

"It's just me, got a little juiced in there" the Zabrak frowned. Though Kal had caused some minor wounds with his driving Cy really had to give him credit as he was saving their skins.

"How much longer to the hotel?" Cy asked again, then added, "Than you need a new power coupling" and he handed the weapon to his friend. They had no weapons left; it was up to Kal's superb skills to get them home.

Placing his hand on Demonic's shoulder Cyleaf commented "Ok Kal, how bout we lose these nerf herders."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited October 4, 2006 6:24:20 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

Post Number:  201
October 6, 2006 10:02:01 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than Sion's head was throbbing still, he didn't really blame Kal for it though.  He did what he needed to do for them to survive.  Speaking of that there was still a speeder of angry men following them with big guns.

"Do you have a plan to get rid of the last one?" Sion asked Demonic.

"The only thing I can think of right now is getting through this plain without getting our back end blown off," replied Kal grimly.  "This would be the time for one of you to figure something out."

Than Sion remembered back to the first time he had live blasters pointed at him in the intent to kill and couldn't help but smile.  He had come along way from the day that Jak had busted him out of NR Headquarters on Kazaar.  After about a year of being a fighter pilot, he was no longer overly afraid of things with guns. What ever happened to him, thought Sion.    He found himself looking out the window at the far side of the field.  Something caught his eye.

"Hey Kal," said Than pointing, "look at that over there."

"What, I don't see anything...Oh," said Demonic.

It wasn't too obvious, but if you looked you could see a pair of large yellow eyes glaring at the two speeders coming toward it.

"What if you made a wide turn around it, it shouldn't be too out of place for a thing this size to make a big turn.  They'll try to cut us off by making a sharper turn and..."

"...Run right into it."

"What are you guys talking about, I don't see any..." Will dropped what he was saying when he saw the eyes.  That thing is big; you guys aren't planning on going any where near it?"

Their vehicle took another hit, causing a jolt reaction from Demonic on the controls.

"No sir, but they will," replied Demonic.

"I am going to go back to see what happens," said Sion.  "Knowing our luck lately it will be a harmless herbivore or something like that."

They shot into their wide turn around the eyes and... the idiots took the bait.  He watched the enemy out the left window in the back go right toward the location that they had seen the eyes.  Then all of a sudden some big reptile like thing came out of the shadows and into the head lights of the enemy's speeder.  It must have been at least twenty feet tall with big jagged teeth and had five horns studding its head.  It slammed its large hind legs onto the speeder before the men could even react.  That was all Sion was able to see before his view was hidden.  But anything with in five miles could have heard the men screaming.  Than Sion returned to the front of the speeder.

"What happened?" asked Cy.  "That screaming was something fierce."

"Well a big dinosaur thing jumped the nerf herders, but other than that nothing much," replied Sion.

"Demonic," said Willtconq with a blank look on his face, "keep an eye out for anymore things that go bump in the night."

"Yes sir," replied Demonic.

"Oh yeah, you all can drop the sir shit now."

(OCC: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know is was too Jurassic Park but I thought we could do something different than Demonic getting the last speeder to hit a tree or big rock.)   

-----------------------
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3309
October 11, 2006 9:07:23 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
The rest of the trip back to the city went uneventful. There were no more enemy units chasing them. Goltred had stopped bleeding again thanks to Cyleaf's med skills. But his condition wasn't getting any better. In fact, if Goltred hadn't received the proper medical attention on time, he could've lost the leg. After getting back to the city, the first thing they did was rent a speeder, and then delivered Goltred to a hospital.

"How's he doing?" Will asked the medical droid. But after years of military, his concern barely showed on his serious face.

"He's stable. But he's still in a coma. We recommend that he stay in the hospital for after least a week after he wakes up before moving him elsewhere." The droid answered, and then rolled away on its many wheels.

Unable to get a detailed answer from the droid, Will hurried over of an on duty staff member, and asked for Goltred's conditions again. "Why is he treated with proper medical attention? Why does he have to stay for a week after he wakes up?"

"I'm sorry Mister, but as you know, this is a minor planet. We receive little bacta every month. All the current supplies of bacta are shipped to the resistance forces. So I'm afraid that there currently are none to use for civilians. I'm terribly sorry sir. There's nothing more we can help to shorten the patient's stay."

Knowing it was hopeless to push the issue further, Will simply turned and left. Meanwhile, Than Sion and Cyleaf both received their treatments as well. None of their wounds were serious, only some patch up were needed. Leaving Goltred in the hospital, the three of them drove back to Kal, who was left to guard the cargo vehicle.

The cargo vehicle was parked in a secluded area to avoid curious eyes. The four of them discussed what they had to do with the cargo and their situation.

As Will climbed into the vehicle, Kal turned with a troubled look on his face. "I tried to make outside contact with outside while you guys were gone. But it would seem that someone on this planet, somewhere close to here, doesn't want random people making contacts to outside the world." He reported.

"No contact at all? None whatsoever? This is turning out to be worse than i'd expected."

"What did you expect?" Than asked, suddenly curious.

Will sighed, then said, "I had expected nothing more than a group of lightly armed warriors. No more than a hundred, with not so advanced technologies. As you can see, the planet itself isn't all that advanced at all. Certainly not the ability to jam galactic comms."

"What should we do next? What can we do?"

"We don't have much of a choice here, do we?" Will answered, finally looking up from the floor." Shazam won't expect us back at HQ for another three to four days. They're certainly not going to send a ship here to look for us if they think we're still enjoying our sweet little vacation. Without outside contacts, without ships, we're practically stranded here." Will finished, then leaned back with a frowned face. They were in a bad situation. very bad situation. Sooner or later, they knew, that whoever were those men that shot at them, are going to come looking for them. Not someone who's highly skilled in whatever they do with the cargo that didn't change hands.

Then it hit him. The thought hit him so hard, Will almost bolted off the wall of the vehicle, stumbled on the leg he had crossed over the other, and fell side ways into Cyleaf. What's in these crates that those men want so badly as to kill for them anyways? Kal and Than, despite the situation, had smiles on their faces. "If you were trying to cheer us up, you did a good job. If not, then you certainly achieved in something unintentionally."

"A thought just hit me." Will replied as he got up. The other three men looked slightly interested now that the mood had been slightly lifted somewhat. "Ever wonder what's in these coffin-like boxes?" Will said with a small smile to his face.

"I see where you're going. And I say let's open them. Whatever these are, they'd better be worth something if they are willing to kill for them." Kal agreed.

They each grabbed a crowbar from the tool kits, went to the nearest crate, and pried along one side of it. The lid was originally secured the old fashioned way, with nails. As the nails gave away, the heavy lid fell with a thump to the floor, denting it. The inside of the crate was covered with boxes of medical supplies. Mostly small packages of bacta for field use. Taking two tubes from the box, Will handed Than and Cyleaf each one. Then continued to look through other boxes in the crate. When he reached for the last one at the end of the crate, it stuck briefly before it gave away. But it was enough for Will to notice that the plastic rack, was removable, and wasn't permanently placed into the crate. He motioned for Kal and Cyleaf to take the other side of the crate, while he moved beside Than. The four of them removed all the metal boxes with the medical supplies, then yanked the plastic out of the crate.

The plastic dropped to the floor carelessly. But the four men didn't take notice of it at all. Their eyes were glued to the contents of the crate on the second layer. Their eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as they stared on into the crate. A row of riot guns sat neatly in the crate on what appeared to be the first rack. After what seemed like ten minutes of staring, Will reached in, and grabbed one. It was fully charged, ready for use. He checked a few others in randomly, they were all fully charged.

They weren't delivering medical supplies, that were just a cover. In fact, they weren't even delivering weapons. They were smuggling weapons onto a planet that has outlawed influence from any other political body in the galaxy. Much less military. Yet, here they are, on the planet, with crates of smuggled weapons.

Cyleaf caught his eye, but one look from Will, was enough to tell anyone that he hadn't known this either. When Will took on the mission, he simply did what he was told. It didn't really matter to him what he was delivering as long as he got the job done. What ever the consequences, the men higher up could deal with. But things have changed. They have three wounded, one almost dead, no communication to the outside at all. They are now being forced to take on the problem by themselves. It's just a matter of time, before they were discovered.

Moving quickly, they moved onto the next crate. Once again they were shocked, after stripping the medical cover, to find two sniper rifles, a grenade launcher, and a flechette launcher, as well extra ammunition for the guns. The third, and last crate, contained five repeating blaster riot guns, and five armor piercing blaster rifles. As well as ammunition for these guns.

"Wow. No wonder they did hesitate to kill for these." Than said with a blank face as he continued to stare on into the crate.

"At least we won't have to worry about defending ourselves."

"We got more than enough to defend ourselves." Kal said a bit breathlessly.

--------------------
a note to the rest of you, i hope i didn't pack more than a resonable amount of weapon in that post. also, the weapons used in the post are: ES-23 ESPO Riot Gun, 500 Squad Repeating Blaster Riot Gun, Whisper Subsonic Slugthrower Sniper Rifle, A280 Armor Piercing Heavy Blaster Rifle, Starcat Grenade Launcher, and FC1 Flechette Launcher. All found in the ICS. I'd like ou all to post, but i realize there's not much you can talk about, so just do your best. What i really like is to have Demonic post somewhat of an attack plan. I used my last comment from him as foreshadow. Have fun.

----------------------------------
Second thought Demonic, don't post the plans. We'll discuss it at the meeting, and keep it from the readers for supense purposes. So far, everything's been pretty forward, we need to keep the readers guessing. Also you guys can post about us getting a new vehicle, just pick a reasonable one, getting back to the hotel, and notifying the ones that stayed of the event.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited October 12, 2006 1:42:11 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited October 12, 2006 1:59:53 AM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

Post Number:  205
October 12, 2006 7:37:50 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
"Demonic and I are going to go get a new vehicle," said Willtconq, "keeping this one would be suicide.  You two stay here and keep watch over the cargo.  Do everything in your power not to bring attention to yourselves.  Remember that the cargo is the key to getting off this rock alive.  We will return as soon as possible.  Oh yeah, don't make any attempts at communication with the others.  We cannot risk our transmissions being intercepted."

Demonic and Kal left CY and Than Sion sitting there on the loading ramp of the big, charred, metal box.  Than Sion still could hardly believe that Demonic had taken them out of harms way in this thing.  Not out of harms way, out of immediate danger.  They weren't out of this yet.  He thought of Goltred in the hospital and hoped that something didn't go wrong that ended up killing him.  He observed a blue and red bird in a tree and wondered how much less complicated life was for it than him.  Then he suppressed the thought, the complexity of life was what made it interesting.  Besides, at least when predators came after him he could fight back.

With the immediate threat on hold, the worries of his life beyond this planet seeped into his mind like the memory of a bad dream.  Even though Goltred would most likely live, they wouldn't have him in a fighter for awhile.  That meant that Sion was short a wing man.  His own success had split him from Demonic who was replaced by Goltred.  Now his own stupidity had gotten Goltred's leg messed up leaving him with no wingman.  If only he hadn't been stupid enough to talk smack to those pilots they would have never gotten into this mess.  Cy looked over at Than and must have figured out what was on his mind from the look on his face.

"If you wouldn't have went into that race and gotten tricked by those pilots, the cargo would have been in the hands of the New Republic," stated the Zabrak.

"Is a few guns worth the price of Goltred's leg?" Sion said with guilt laden in his voice.  "For all we know all that blood he lost could have caused brain damage and he will never be able to fly a TIE again!"

"Think rationally Than, is a single man that we just happen to know worth the deaths off one hundred others?  We cannot let our emotions control us in this field of work.  Remember that one pilot from that space station in the last mission?  His anger put him out of touch with reality, the consequence was his demise."

"I see what you mean; it's just hard to cope with."

"The last 24 hours have been hard on us all."

Will and Demonic returned a half an hour later with another bucket of rust.  But at least this one looked like it had some speed behind it.  He thought he had heard the name of the red speeder before, but it didn't come to mind at the moment.  They stashed the cargo into the new speeder and then proceeded to use the cruise control and a delayed power surge to the repulsor stabilizers to drop the old speeder into the ocean.

They returned to the hotel with a shared feeling of guilt.  It had been many hours since Sion's transmission to Skylla and the others would be deeply worried.  He felt sorry for Cyleaf's girl the most.  The rest of them had combat experience to keep them calm, but she was but a mechanic.  He wishes he could tell himself that he could only imagine the emotional trauma she was going through, but that would be a lie.  His parents were still dead and the NR was still in power.  But if this Admiral Thrawn character had anything to say about it, their days in power were numbered.  On the other hand, if Admiral Thrawn had any say in anything, the VE would not be independent for long either, none of the other Remnants would.   

(OCC: Hope I didn't hog too much of the story.  I didn't specify on the speeder for it would take me an hour to figure out what to use.)

-----------------------
EFL/WO2 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=TE=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  157
October 12, 2006 10:39:57 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
The screaming that he heard would trouble him in nightmares to come, it was unnatural and ear splitting, the kind of thing you would never hope to hear. Sticking his head up for a brief look around he didn't see their pursuers.

"What happened?" asked Cy.  "That screaming was something fierce."

"Well a big dinosaur thing jumped the nerf herders, but other than that nothing much," replied Sion. That struck home, the thoughts of that snake drifted back into his mind; he had almost been something's lunch himself.

Since they no longer were being pursued the ride was much smoother, but that didn't help Goltred's condition. The Zabrak had to administer a shot of pain killers right into the Human's thigh. Taking this opportunity to check the area Cyleaf began to feel for broken bones. Slowly examining each area of the leg inch by inch he felt along the femur. With one last scream of pain Goltred slipped into unconsciousness as he started to bleed again. Nothing was broke but the color was completely drained from the wounded man's face as Cyleaf added more bandages.

After Goltred slipped into unconsciousness the trip went smooth, his bleeding had slowed and that really worried Cy but he couldn't do anything under these conditions. They had reached the hospital and the Human was immediately rushed inside, while Than and Cyleaf followed under Will's orders.

Walking out of the hospital with a band-aid over his cut the Zabrak was relieved when they said he didn't have any broken ribs, they were just bruised. Third degree burns covered his chest somewhat but they only irritated him as if he spent too long under the Tattooine suns.

Sitting outside of the vehicle they began to talk about their next step. It was Than who spoke up.

What should we do next? What can we do?"

"We don't have much of a choice here, do we?" Will answered, finally looking up from the floor." Shazam won't expect us back at HQ for another three to four days. They're certainly not going to send a ship here to look for us if they think we're still enjoying our sweet little vacation. Without outside contacts, without ships, we're practically stranded here." Will finished, then leaned back with a frowned face. They were in a bad situation. very bad situation. Sooner or later, they knew, that whoever were those men that shot at them, are going to come looking for them. Not someone who's highly skilled in whatever they do with the cargo that didn't change hands.

Watching Will's movements Cyleaf should have seen what was about to happen but he didn't and Will ended up spilling into his lap. If it had been anyone else at this exact time the Zabrak might have been angered, but instead he laughed, it was what he needed, no what they all needed.

"A thought just hit me." Will replied as he got up. The other three men looked slightly interested now that the mood had been slightly lifted somewhat. "Ever wonder what's in these coffin-like boxes?" Will said with a small smile to his face.

"I see where you're going. And I say let's open them. Whatever these are, they'd better be worth something if they are willing to kill for them." Kal agreed.

Grabbing a crowbar they each began to work on the top of a box prying it loose from the crude nails that held it together. When the top came off all it was were medical supplies.
After opening the rest the group's mood went drastically down. The crates had also been carrying hidden weapons.

I can't believe this, the Empire reduced to smuggling and all we were are their puppets? How could our command do this, Shazam did he know? All these thoughts flooded into his head and then he looked at Will, Could he have known? As if reading the Zabrak's thoughts Will looked over and in his eyes you could see the shock and disbelief that they were all feeling. The crates had been loaded with weapons and ammunition, meant for someone but whom?

"Wow. No wonder they did hesitate to kill for these." Than said with a blank face as he continued to stare on into the crate.

"At least we won't have to worry about defending ourselves."

"We got more than enough to defend ourselves." Kal said a bit breathlessly.

After the shock had worn off Kal and Will set off to find another means of transportation. Than and Cyleaf were left alone thinking about all that had transpired. His thoughts began to drift back to Crystal and Krius, his love and friend. Looking over to Than after a few moments of silence Cyleaf could tell what the other was thinking.

"If you wouldn't have went into that race and gotten tricked by those "I see what you mean; it's just hard to cope with."

"The last 24 hours have been hard on us all." pilots, the cargo would have been in the hands of the New Republic," stated the Zabrak.

"Is a few guns worth the price of Goltred's leg?" Sion said with guilt laden in his voice.  "For all we know all that blood he lost could have caused brain damage and he will never be able to fly a TIE again!"

"Think rationally Than, is a single man that we just happen to know worth the deaths off one hundred others?  We cannot let our emotions control us in this field of work.  Remember that one pilot from that space station in the last mission?  His anger put him out of touch with reality, the consequence was his demise."

But that wasn't what all Cy thought of, his thoughts drifted back to Dodger saving his life. He saved me, risked his life so that I could fight on some more, Than that's what you did for Goltred today and it was all because you kept a level head. Cyleaf wanted to tell Than that, but he also knew that if his life would save many more then he would give it, that's what he signed up for.

Will and Kal returned with another beater, they loaded up and preceded to the hotel, I am on my way Crystal he thought his heart wrenching. This whole vacation was supposed to be a romantic getaway for them, also for Than and Skylla. Such a shame that the battlefield holds them back he thought whishing the best for them.

-----------------------
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

Post Number:  206
October 18, 2006 7:53:01 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than Sion knocked softly on Skylla's door.  He had promised this point would come, even though at the time that he made it he wasn't sure if it was the truth.  But that did not matter, what did was that he was standing here right now.  He had survived to fight another day.  The door opened.  For a moment Skylla just stood there with out saying a word.  The look of surprise changed to an expression of gratitude.  She came forward and wrapped her arms around Than.

"It has been a long time," said Skylla, her eyes tearing up, "I was beginning to think that you had..."

She couldn't say anymore, the emotions were too strong.  Than Sion held here in his arms as she sobbed on his shoulder.  Death had made an attempt to separate them, but Than did what he always did when Death wanted to play hard ball.  He shoved his boot up its ass and sent it away yelping.

"Everything is going to be alright now," said Sion, "we are together once again."

He knew it was not completely the truth before he said it.  There were crazy men out there that had sworn their lives away to the evil NR, men that were out for their blood.  They wouldn't be safe until they were off this rock.  No, it was a bigger picture than that.  They wouldn't be safe until every last rebel had their blood splattered across the galaxy.  But Skylla did not need to know this, Skylla only needed his love.  Sion only needed hers.  In the moment he didn't even notice the figure that had walked up behind him until the point where he tapped Sion on the shoulder.

"Sorry to break up the moment," said Kal quietly and sympathetically, "but Will wants to have a group meeting in his room."

"Ok," said Sion simply.

**In the Eyes of a Women**

She could not believe it when she opened the door and saw Than standing there.  For a second she believed it was her imagination, she had wanted it to happen so bad that her mind projected it happening.  But when she blinked and he was still there, she knew that he was real.  She took two steps forward and embraced Sion, the man she loved.  She began to tell him all that she had went through but couldn't get past the first sentence before she fell apart.  For the several hours her faith that he would return to her arms was tested.  She had begun to think horrible thoughts of his possible demise.  He told her that every thing was alright and she believed him.  Nothing else mattered except for that they were together now. 

She almost jumped when she figured out they were not alone.  Kal told them that Will wanted a meeting.  The question was about what?  But she regressed; she already knew what it was about.  They would have to get off this hell disguised as heaven if they wanted to get out of harms reach. 

"Maybe I should go change," said Sion, obviously referring to his dirty, torn, and slightly blood stained cloths.

"Please don't leave me," stated Skylla, "not yet."

"I understand."

They held each other tight for a few more minutes before heading for Will's room...

(OCC: Wanted to stick in some relationship development.  It is the perfect time for it.  I thought that Will or Demonic would want to write about the "big plan."  Ok, that and that lost in coming on it ten minutes and I can't miss it.)

-----------------------
EFL/WO2 Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=TE=)[LoM][VC:B][MC:1][SWC]{VB}
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  169
October 19, 2006 3:08:45 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
(hope this is ok figured even if it was concealed med supplies must have some full bacta tubes)

Getting back to the hotel washed away some of the weariness that battle had caused, seeing her smiling face and his friend Krius waiting in his room as he entered. Though both of them tried unsuccessfully to hide it, their concern showed through as they noticed his bandaged head. Krius ran over and hugged the Zabrak causing Cyleaf to gasp with some pain.

"It's just some bruises" he said as Krius stood back, walking over to Crystal he held out his hand, she hesitated taking it as if he was a figment of her imagination but firmly grasped the hand realizing it was him. Sitting down beside her on the bed he put his arm around her thin shoulders and nuzzled into her golden hair.

As if struck by lightning he had an idea. Standing up he pulled Crystal with him and he looked over towards Krius.

"We are going to be right back, there's something I must do." Krius glared a bit but didn't interrupt. "Maybe you should go find the others, make sure they don't do anything hasty without us" he added grabbing his duffle bag and tossing the clothes to Krius. "Oh by the way can you put these in your bag?" All Krius could do was nod as they all left the room, he was baffled.

Walking down Cyleaf and the others met Kal, who stopped to talk to them. "Will wants to have a meeting soon& Hey where are you off to?" he asked noticing the bag.

"We'll be right back have a delivery to make" Cy replied then quickly added, "I'll leave Krius in your company, keep him outta trouble Kal" the Zabrak chuckled as he and his female companion entered the elevator.

Leaving the hotel room Cyleaf found the speeder that they had rounded up and opened the hatch. "You know any first aid?" he asked looking at Crystal, "Sure I was and EMT." Smiling he reached in and pulled out a bunch of med kits and the tubes of bacta that no one but Cy seemed to notice when they found the guns. Handing her the kits he looked into her eyes "You are going to have to keep us patched up then" he smiled and put the bacta into his bag.

"We just need to make a small delivery and we'll come right back here to safety I promise." Closing up the hatch both of them walked out front and hailed an air-car. Getting inside he handed the driver a credit chip for a hundred. "To the hotel, fast and wait for us outside." Nodding the driver put the car in motion and sped towards the hospital.

Walking inside Cyleaf approached the main desk and spoke to the droid there. "I am looking for Lucky McDrowl's room, it was the name they checked Goltred in as due to the fact that Gilmen knew Goltred's name and would be looking for them. "It's up the turbolift to the third floor and room 333, but he's not conscious."

"It's ok, I brought his sister to see him and some candies" he added patting the bag. The companions proceeded to the turbolift and rode it up to the third floor. Walking down to room 333 they entered to find Goltred in a leg sling with a small bacta cast on it.

"I'm no doctor, but I don't think that will work too well" Crystal said examining his foot. "Yeah well that's why I brought the candies" Cy smiled and walked out of the room. There was a nurse's station a little ways down the hall and that was his destination.

Approaching the station he looked towards the human nurse sitting beside a med-droid. "Excuse me, but could you page the head doctor to room 333 please?" looking sweetly and smiling he hoped to convince her by placing a credit chip on the desk. The woman who was slightly round and smelled between a mixture of flowers and death smiled almost breaking her caked on makeup. "Certainly Sir" she said taking the chip and waving him back to the room.

After about 5 minutes an older gentleman whose hair was graying walked into the room, though his frame was frail his eyes held the wisdom of his profession. "What's the meaning of this?" he asked not holding back the annoyance in his voice. Cyleaf paused smiling and than spoke as if hurt.

"Now Doctor, is this anyway to treat a concerned citizen? I'm just here trying to help out a friend of mine and this facility." Gently bending down the Zabrak lifted up his bag and opened the top handing it to the Doctor. The man's eyes widened in surprise and he stammered his next words.

"Where did you get all of this?" "Like I said just a concerned citizen Doc, don't ask too many questions." Interlacing his fingers Cy continued, "Now all that I ask is that Mr. McDrowl gets the treatment he needs and the rest is yours, I must go." Cyleaf and Crystal left the room and quickly exited the hospital towards the waiting car.

"Back to the hotel please" Cy asked and the driver quickly complied. "You know that was a very nice thing you did" she stated taking his hand and kissing it. I hope no one else minds he thought dreading what Will might say. Not too long after the car came to a stop outside of the hotel and Cyleaf paid the driver again with a generous tip asking that he forget the whole ride.

Going back up to the floors of the room Cyleaf heard some voices coming from inside Will's room, he's heated Cy thought as he knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Kal's voice came from the other side. "It's Cyleaf and Crystal now open up" he retorted only to have a gun put in his face.

Cy about peed himself, he was definitely not expecting Kal to put a gun to his face. "Sith Spawn Kal, put that away I about near pissed myself." The Human chuckled, "Had to make sure it was you" he added letting both of them inside, Will sat on his bed, Than and Skylla had the chairs by the table and Krius was on the floor. Looking at his commanding officer filed Cyleaf with some fear as the glare could have peeled off his skin.

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 2-6/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited October 19, 2006 9:40:04 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

Post Number:  208
October 22, 2006 4:19:20 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
With the exception of Cy and Crystal, everyone was there.  On his bed was Willtconq, the assertive and modest leader.  He has the respect and admiration of every pilot under him.  Posted by the door was Kal, fighter perfectionist and former speeder bike racer.  He doesn't socialize much, but is a good pilot and the best wingman Than Sion ever had.  Sitting on the floor cross legged was Krius, the youngest member of the squadron though a good pilot just the same.  Even though it could get annoying sometimes, everybody loves his sense of humor and his mildly cocky attitude.  There was also Qualray and Orrak, Sion doesn't know much about their pasts, but he can tell that they are great buddies.

Sitting in the chairs by the table were Than and Skylla.  Anybody who ran into the couple could tell that there was a deep attraction, though they would not get why if they were able to compare the two individuals' pasts.  Good thing that Than Sion was the only one who really knew anything about Skylla's past, and it was the complete opposite of his farm boy upbringing.  She had grown up on an industrial world where being part of a gang could easily be the difference between moving up in underworld society or starvation.  Though as far as Sion was concerned, the Vast Imperial Navy had changed both of their lives for better and for worst. 

Skylla is an interesting case.  She was put into Kaph Squadron before the attack on the HQ of the RS and has become a great contribution to the Squadron.  Even though she is the only female in the squadron, she gets along just fine with the men.  Than Sion is known for his unconventional tactics and his semi-kill joy attitude as a fighter pilot.  Position changes and recent events have been giving him a lot of internal stress lately.  But he would get over it eventually and it wouldn't show in public.

"Kal, by any chance do you know where Cyleaf and Crystal are?" asked Will.  "This meeting needs to start ASAP and it can't start with out them."

"He said something about making a delivery or something," replied Kal.

Cyleaf, far from being new to the squadron any more, had seen a lot of messed up crap in his duty as a pilot.  Most notably the death of his academy friend Dodger.  He doesn't say much, but is observant of all that is around him.  He has recently gotten into a relationship with the young mechanic Crystal.

About a half an hour later Will's temper went off, just in time for a knock on the door.  After a short exchange with Kal, Crystal and Cy walked into the room.  Will had stopped raving when they knocked, but Sion would prefer he had continued rather than to see the look on Will's face.

"Where the hell have you two been," said Will angrily.  "If I am having a meeting after a shoot out with a bunch of idiots then you better believe that it is important."

"Just helping out Goltred and the local hospital," replied Cy soberly.  "I brought them the med supplies from the boxes."

"I see you had a good motive now, but it could have waited until a later time," Will stated in a cooler manner.  "I might as well start the meeting now.  As you all know, Shazam is not expecting us back for several more days.  We don't have the time to wait for the rest of the VEN to investigate.  We are completely alone.  We are going to have to get off this planet ourselves.  Now any attempts at stealing civilian space craft would alert the local NR insurgent group, who would fry our asses before we make it out of the atmosphere.  That leaves only one way off this planet, at the heart of the enemy.  We need to attack the enemy outpost...

-----------------------
Willtconq
ComNet Marshal

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3335
October 31, 2006 9:59:27 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Will looked to the east, the last rays of the evening sun shining through the forest of trees. They had rested for most part of the day. Guard duties had been set up outside the hotel. Two men shifts changed every three hours. Until near sun down.

All the equipment that they'll need had been moved to a new transport after the emergency meeting the night before, everything else had been destroyed. All the weapons stashed into an A-A5 speeder truck. The dealer who was selling the vehicle looked curious when Will offered to buy it for twenty thousand credits, but went away with the money quietly after Will offered an additional five thousand and said, "You don't as, we won't tell."

Sitting the copilot seat again, Will continued his navigation jobs. Kal was relieved of the pilot position this time. Instead, Than had offered to take the position, probably in hopes that it wouldn't be as bad a bumpy ride as the last one. Cyleaf, after being treated to his leg wound by Crystal, was up and walking again.

"Plop"

Will jerked his head up, searching for the source of the sound. It came from outside. The inside of the vehicle had been so quiet for the past half an hour or so that the slightest noise, startled Will.

"Plop, plop."

This time, one landed on the side viewport. A large drop of water rolled down the transperasteel. The sound grew steadily louder and more frequent until there was a constant slapping of water against the hull of the vehicle.

Will turned toward the back of the vehicle. Everyone was there, sitting in neat rows with their weapons at their sides. Kal was checking his guns for the thousandth time. Cyleaf sat quietly next to Crystal, who was preparing the bacta for immediate ministering incase, and probably will, anyone gets injured. Krius sat in a corner, quiet for the first time. He had chosen to take two riot rifles, instead of one of the other weapons. Skyla sat on the other side of the vehicle, behind Than, with the repeating blaster strapped to the floor under her seat. Orrak had chosen a flechette launcher, and Qualray chose what Will and Kal chose, the A280 Armor Piercing rifle.

"We're approaching base point." Than called out. "We're about a kilometer away."

"Alright everyone, prepare for exit." Will instructed. Then from under his seat, he pulled out a metal box.

"What's that?" Kal asked.

"Gifts." Will simply said, then opened the box. Inside, was a set of comlinks. "I know that we're being jammed, and probably monitored. But there's no other way for us to communicate in this kind of weather without coms. We'll have to remain close, short range transmissions usually won't be picked up. That's all as can hope for right now.

"Now, weapon check." Will paused to check his two rifles and pistols. Energy packs are all full, as well as the five extra ammo packs for the guns on his belt. He waited for a few to finish, then said: "Com check." As he handed a comlink to each person in the vehicle, they all reported in. "You all know me. So I'll make this as simple as I can." Will started. "I know that we're not stormtroopers, but we're pilots of the Imperial Navy, and that makes us just as bad for our enemies as the Stormtroopers. I know that we may not have superior close combat, but our ability to survive is no less than the best Stormtroopers. We will survive this. Tonight, we will conquer our enemies!" Will finished his speech just as the vehicle halted.

Will grabbed the A280, strapped it on his back, picked up the ES-23, flung open the back door and stormed out. The rain slashed against his face. He squinted, scanned the forest around him, then waved to the rest of his squad to move out. Their secrecy had not been detected, yet. The spot Will chose to hide the vehicle was at the base of a cliff. Their target, the New Republic base on the planet, was five kilometers away. If they traveled any close by speeder, they could've risked detection.

They were to move in two teams, Will leading team one, and Kal, second in command of the squadron, leading the other. Moving along the cliff, Will lead his team ten meters or so from the other team, who ran through the forest. Trailing Will, Krius moved as quietly as he possible could. But he might as well didn't bother, the sound of the rain made it almost impossible for anyone to hear them more than three meters away. Behind him, Crystal with her box of medical supplies, serving as the medic on this mission. Cyleaf brought up the rear, constantly scanning their six.

Than, Skyla, Orrak, and Qualray went with Kal. At the distance they were travelling, Will could only faintly make out five figures going through the dense woods at a fast pace.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited November 3, 2006 6:28:09 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited November 3, 2006 6:28:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited November 4, 2006 7:27:32 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited November 5, 2006 1:41:40 AM)]
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  191
November 4, 2006 2:01:32 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Cyleaf stood guarding the rooms with Krius by his side; he had checked the sniper rifle earlier making sure that everything was functional and setting the sights for him. He was wearing his Barabel vest which had already saved his life twice and gun belt that carried the DC-17. Earlier he had replaced the power coupling he used to fix the speeder when they were being pursued.

It two hours before sundown and they were all going to be leaving very soon, not soon enough he thought while pictures of Crystal danced in his head. Turning his attention over to Krius, Cy started up a conversation hoping to pass the time and relieve some of his anxiety.

"Hey hot shot, some vacation this turned out to be hungh?" he said chuckling, "Yeah last time I let you go off in the jungle while I have baby sitting duty" Krius retorted, a hint of frustration in his voice, "I could have helped."  His face didn't hide any of the hurt he felt from being left behind. "How where we supposed to know what we were getting into, and it could have been you almost attacked by the snake or even shot" Cy replied trying to calm Krius down, the Human's face had gotten red with rage.

After a few seconds of silence Krius turned towards Cy and was nearly yelling, "I signed up to be a part of the action, not a bystander" spit gathered at the corner of his mouth. Looking around at the attention they were starting to draw he thought he saw something familiar but shrugged it off as exhaustion. Grabbing Krius's shoulder and squeezing hard made the younger yelp in pain, Cy was a lot stronger then he gave himself credit for.

"Now listen to me, I have always known you were cocky and that's a good trait for you but this is just stupidity," his violet eyes glared at Krius and his skull tattoo seemed to get a little brighter "I'd expect this out of a four year old who got last year's best toy but not outta you. You're a pilot and a damn good one, you are supposed to be able to handle stress so don't crack on me now!"

Krius nodded, some color returned to his face. The sun had nearly set by then. Just then a glimmer appeared off the corner of Cy's eye, spinning Krius behind him just in time as a blaster bolt slammed into his vest sending him backwards and knocking the wind out of him. The micro organisms absorbed the blast by feeding off of it, but he was starting to wear the vest out. Krius had dropped to one knee and returned fire catching the man in the chest sending him crashing into a table.

"Well Cyleaf, I figured since you got rid of Steve it's the least I can do for my brother." The Zabrak recognized the voice as Gilman. "Sith spawn" he said under his breath as he and Krius ducked behind the nearest metal table. Blaster fire pelted the table and began to heat it up. Cy and Krius returned fire but their arm poor do to having no line of sight.

"What I wouldn't give for a comlink" Krius said one glanced off the tile. "Crap" Cy looked down at his leg; some tile was sticking out of it. Reaching down he pulled it out hissing through clenched teeth. The pounding on the table slowed, but the sound of heavy fire filled the air, the stench of ozone filled the air.

Peering around the table He saw Kal holding a large rifle and lighting up the room. Gotta love back up he thought as Than's voice came over the noise, "Gilman you rat."

After a few more minutes the noise died down and Will came over to the table. "Ok guys the fighting is over, you can come out of hiding now." Noticing Cy's leg he motioned for Crystal to come over, they both helped him stand and Kal held out the sniper rifle. Cyleaf took the rifle and slung it on his back as they all went outside to pile into the speeder.

"What happened to Gilman?" Cy asked as they picked up speed heading towards the base. Crystal was tending to Cyleaf's wound. "Well give Kal and large automatic blaster and everything goes to pieces" Than stated and they all laughed. After a few minutes Cy's leg felt immensely better, he reached over and grabbed Crystal's hand and whispered "Thanks." She blushed.

The rain picked up as Will motioned for Than to stop the car, they all stepped out and formed two parties, he was with Will, Crystal and Krius. Will's earlier speech had left them all more motivated, except the rain was starting to slog them down. The Zabrak brought up the rear, his DC-17 in hand and sniper rifle slung over his back. In his pocket was the comlink that Will had given them, though it would only be good in short range. "Could have used this earlier" he mumbled to himself smiling slightly.

Though not having hair could be a blessing as well as a curse. His spiked bald head did nothing to stop the rain from sliding into his eyes making it somewhat hard to see. Kal and his team had gone ahead into the woods, but Cyleaf's job was watching their back.

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 2-6/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited November 4, 2006 10:42:38 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Cyleaf Aehait (edited November 4, 2006 11:25:19 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Cadet

Than Sion

Post Number:  224
November 5, 2006 3:21:14 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
It looked so simple on paper.  Do enough damage to the enemy base to cover their escape and then hijack one of the NR space vessels.  But anybody who has ever fought in a battle would know it was much more then that.  There were NR soldiers with guns and there were more of them then the merry band of Imperials trying to get off planet. 

Kal, Qualray, Orrak, Skylla, and Sion made their way through pouring rain.  Their boots splashed in puddles almost every other step.  The rain's attempt to discourage the Imperials was useless.  The mission was all that existed and there were only two ways to get out of this existence, via victory or a body bag.

Out of no where, Kal bought up his hand perpendicular to the ground.  It was evident that no one but Kal had seen anything yet, but no one doubted its existence either.  They all stopped and brought their weapons to bear.  It didn't take long to see what Demonic had picked up.  There was a faint light illuminating behind a shape that didn't belong to nature.  Its existence was not a shock to fire team 2, it had been predicted that the edge of the static defense perimeter would be at this length from the actual base.

"There shouldn't be more then three men in that nest," said Kal loud enough to be heard over the rain but quiet enough that it didn't carry to the enemy.  "We'll break up into two groups:  One will be Than, Skylla, and Orrak, the other will be Qualray and me.  We hope we will be able to hit them before they know it, but if that doesn't work at least they will be caught in the cross fire.  Move out!"

Sion held the cold Espo tightly in his grip.  He had been in ground combat before, but that had always been against ill prepared RS ship security and stretched thin space station forces.  He had never actually fought full blown NR soldiers before.  The silent dash for the enemy emplacement seemed to takes hours although it was in a matter of a minute.  The whole time Sion worried that somebody would poke their head up and look in just the right direction to spot them.  The emplacement was pretty much a make shift, concrete hole with sand bags surrounding it and a camo tarp supported over it.  The anxiety spiked when they made the final leg of the movement in a crouch.  Sion quickly bought his gun over the sand bags and shot a burst of rounds into a NR soldiers back.  Kal dropped the other in the hole at about the same time.

Amid the blood and bodies were a couple of rifles propped up against a wall next to a glow lamp.  In one of the soldiers cold dead grip was a hand of cards.  That was when I realization hit them, these men were far from expecting an attack.  They had the belief that even if the rumors about a small group of Imperials were true, they wouldn't be stupid enough to run right into the clutches of the enemy.

"That big helmet doesn't protect you if you can't use the thing under it," said Krius in his usual cocky tone. 

"Don't get any ideas," stated Demonic, "the whole operation isn't going to be like this.  When we get to the actual base it is going to be a lot harder.  Let's keep on moving.  They may be unprepared for a full on attack but standard procedure will be having the defenses report in every once and awhile."

"Sorry we couldn't stay and chat," said Sion to the NR soldiers, "but we have to go.  Besides, you have a game to finish."

The static defense perimeter was obviously designed for an imperial invasion force, so slipping through with a few men was not very difficult.  On the other hand, the outer defenses were designed to ware down an enemy; the base itself was prepared for much more than a small force to make it through.  The battle wouldn't be easy, but it was their only means of survival

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited November 7, 2006 8:15:41 PM)]
Demonic
ComNet Initiate

Demonic

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  218
November 11, 2006 4:40:32 PM    View the profile of Demonic 
The rainfall formed the ambient sound of the area. Kal didn't like it - It would mean they would not be able to rely on their hearing very much during the attack. The rain was so heavy, they wouldn't likely see very well either.

They were at a huge disadvantage. The enemy could see through the rain with Heat-Sensing and other high-tech optical filters built into their armor. They were better trained in this sort of thing as well, having spent as much time learning firing a blaster as the imperials had learning to fly their fighters. Still, they needed a way to get off of this planet.

"Kaph 2 to Kaph leader, we've encountered a small patroll, which we managed to dispose of before they could respond. We're proceeding towards the base." Kal drew out his comlink, hoping the device would still work after being drenched by the water. "Kaph Leader," Kal said, pressing down the transmit button, the frequency already being set, "Can you read me?"

A burst of static and what sounded like someone's voice sounded out through the built-in speaker. He pressed the transmit button again. "Say again Kaph leader, I'm not reading you here."

"Kaph... er... here,... I... an't... here... ou..." The voice replied again, slightly more clear this time. It was Will, but he still could not make out the response.

"Will, I'm still not getting a clear signal from you, say that again." Kal said, activating the comlink for the third time. Suddenly he received quite a different response, this one crystal clear.

"Five Twenty Five Twenty, Five Twenty Five Twenty." A cautious sounding voice echoed out. "Five Twenty Five Twenty, Five Twenty Five Twenty." Kal recognized this -  An identity check when unknown chatter is discovered over a Vast Imperial frequency. He took a moment to try and remember the proper response.

"Twenty Five Twenty Five. This is Elite Squadron Kaph's Executive Officer." He replied.

There was a moment's pause, then, "We read you. This is troop carrier Iron Gauntlet. What the hell is a starfigher squadron doing down there?" The man said.

"It's a long story. We were trying to get into this enemy base and steal a ship to get out of here."

"Well, forget about that." The man said, "We'll send you pickup. Anyways, we need you guys out of the way before we launch our assault."

It looks like the army is launching it's own attack. Kal thought to himself, I wonder if the Stormtrooper corps are involved. "Copy that, thanks Iron Gauntlet." He said, lower his comlink but leaving it online so that they could track them down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kal and Willtconq stood outside of the meeting room, awaiting the meeting on details of their report. The door opened, and they walked inside. The room was filled with officers, mostly from the internal security department. Both of the pilots saluted. One of the men nodded for them to sit down.

"So." One of them said, "You were on the plan Imous III on vacation, but you say a senior officer charged you with a mission as well."

"Yes. We were given a small cargo, which turned out to be weaponry, to deliver." Willtconq said.

"And who were you to deliver to?" The same man asked/

"It was arranged that we were to bring it to a specific location and wait deliver it to the people there. The men attempted to kill us, and we left with the cargo still in our possession." Willtconq replied. "They had the shipyards locked down, so we attempted to steal a ship from the enemy."

A few of the people at the desk quickly jotted down notes. The man spoke once more. "Was there anyone else involved?"

"Yes, there were new republic soldiers around the enemy base. It seemed like they were allies."

Even more notes were taken at this. The man paused for a moment, and asked another question. "Who was the officer who told you to deliver these?"

"Commander Wolfe." Willtconq replied. The man's eyes widened with what seemed like surprise for a moment, but he quickly regained his cold expression.

"That'll be all, you may go." The man said, waving towards the door. The two pilots turned and left.

"Did you see how he responded when you mentioned the officer's name?" Kal said, speaking for the first time since before they had entered.

"Yeah. It seems like they didn't expect it. Something must be going on within the navy we don't know about." Willtconq said. The squadron leader took out his datapad.

"Looks like we have an assignment." Will said, reading something over. Kal felt a surge of excitement rush over him - He was anxious to get back in a fighter.

"We're going on a join mission with Nazgul." The ensign continued. "We're to report to briefing in eighteen hours." Kal nodded, and grinned. They were going back into space, were they belonged.

END OF STORY

-----------------------
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 2/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
100% on both Exams, looking good.
Demonic = Darr-Rann
Kaph Elite Executive Officer
Training Operator, Level One
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1657
Total Posts:  2143
February 23, 2007 9:56:39 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Posts tallied.

-----------------------
WADJ, SPAC/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/SCR Doashim/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoC][BWC][SWC][GWC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph - vacation story - Imous III  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:52:52 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 80  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >