ComNet Cadet

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  242
Total Posts:  380
  RE: ESC: Nazgul Squadron
July 15, 2006 5:14:34 PM    View the profile of Atrick25 
*Before the self destruct stuff too*

Pulling the TIE Advanced into the hangar, Atrick activated teh repulsor lifts and landed, taking note of his flight members and where they landed.

Reaching behind the seat, Atrick grabbed the throwing knives and his DT-57 blaster pistol. He strapped them onto his belt then jumped out of the TIE, making sure not to injure his hand even further then it already was.

Seeing Trevor, he walked over, followed by Jack and Nel. Trevor exchanged some plesentries with the Army commander, who was as big as a bull and twice as scary.

Glad he's not in the Navy. Thought Atrick, then turned as a fifth TIE landed in the hangar bay. Art jumped out and Trevor explained who it was to the commander. The commander then turned to his squad and motioned to leave the hangar bay, who were followed by flight three and Art.

Soon they rounded a corner, but the army men dived back as an eweb opened up fire on them, complemented by a squadron of remnant forces. Someone yelled something and Atrick was pushed to the ground roughly, landing on his bad hand.

Two troopers threw thermal detonators around the corner and the eweb was silenced, replaced by sounds of blaster fire.Atrick saw one, then two troopers go down, struck by blaster bolts. Atrick peeked around the corner, unholstering his pistol. He managed to fire off a few bolts before being forced back by heavy fire from the enemy.

Soon, the enemy retreated, leaving behind five bodies. Atrick got up and ran after his flight, thinking how out of shape he was. I need to get out of the simulators. Thought Atrick. But then he realized that was stupid. Why be fit if you can't fly right?

The team reached a lift, encountering little resistance along the way, but passed a small door when Art called out to the commander. Art seemed to know that the device wasn't on the bridge and began to argue with the officer. Soon, the army officer motioned towards Atrick and the others and troopers disarmed them quickly and dragged them back towards the hangar, where flights one and two were landing.

Shazam quickly came over and tried to clear up the situation, but the guards refused. Trevor knocked out his guard while Art did the same and Atrick shoved the guards head into the ground, knocking him unconcious.

Atrick followed the rest of Nazgul as they entered a deserted hallway and went on towards the same room Art had stopped them at before. Nazgul filed in, Atrick being squashed in the middle. He felt a little clausterphobic in the room but managed to see above the rest of the crowd, owing to his slight height advantage.

Art explained his plan and Aldur helped with his part. Nazgul soon left the room and Atrick began feeling better, but soon realized that he had no weapons and neither did Nel. Jack and Trevor had found weapons, but running around a base with pistols wouldn't cut it.

Atrick walked up towards Shazam, who was conversing with Art.

"Excuse me. Shazam? I think walking around a base with some pistols won't work against troops with rifles. I believe I saw an armory back down another hallway. It probably has the firepower we need for taking on those troopers." Atrick said, trying to sound professional.

"I don't think we could. Time's not on our side." Said Art, looking at Shazam.

"Let's do it. We need all the firepower we can get." Shazam said and the squadron turned around, heading back towards the hallway Atrick had spotted.

"Atrick, check it out first. I don't want any surprises. Take Jack with you." Shazam said and Atrick nodded, waving to Jack. They walked slowly towards the armory, taking care not to make to much noise. Atrick peered around a corner and looked inside to see two workers, dressed in grey uniforms, somehow oblivious to the noise and fire outside.

"What do we do?" Atrick asked Jack.

"We neutrilize them." Jack replied and moved into the room, making no noise as he crept over the floor. Reaching over, he tapped one of the men on the back, who turned around to a crashing blow from Jack's droid arm. The other man shot up but was dropped by a kick to the leg.

"How'd you do that?" Asked Atrick, amazed at Jack's little move.

"Dunno. Practice, I guess." He replied.

Atrick nodded then motioned to the rest of Nazgul waiting down the hall. They came in and began searching through the weapons at their disposal.

"Let's lock and load people." Shazam said.

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-10/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Atrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2530
Total Posts:  4197
July 15, 2006 5:47:44 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazm thought to himself that sending two of his naval pilots down a hall to 'check things out' may have been a bad move.  Already said it though...  And the two were off, Darius giving him a dirty look all the while.  Why didn't I send him?  Man- he's going to hold that against me if he doesn't get to kill someone...  Moments later they were down the hall and Atrick was waving toward them in excitement.

"Yea?" Shazam whispered, taking to one wall of the white corridor.  It'd been totally abandoned save two remnant hopefuls that had dropped in on the meeting earlier, but Shazam wasn't about to take chances. 

"All clear, Shaz- you should get a look at this stuff: its great!"  Shazam lifted an eyebrow at the efforvescent youth before waving on to the rest of the group and jogging up the aisle, taking a glance down the left alley as they passed it and made their way into the armory. 

"They certainly don't call it an armory for nothin..." Trevor muttered as they stepped into the bright white light.  It was as if the trader had come to town and had specials on everything: FREE!  Normally, these things would have been locked away and some glass would have been shattered or locks melted in an attempt to free the lethal weapons, but since the base had just been attacked attacked by none other than themselves, cabinets were left open and drawers put to the ground as men had reached for rifles and picked for grenades.  Most of the 'branches' of grenades were completelly stripped, but a few concussion grenades and other of the explosive like were left behind.  Dar and Jran seemed to have an interestin in these while Art and Shazam made thier way to the gun racks.  Most had been taken, but plenty of E-11s hung on racks and even a few precision pistols sat on desk and looked freindly enought to touch. 

"I hate to say it- but guns just look good: don't they?" Shazam said.  In truth, he hated having to use the weapon, not that he was come gungho martial artist, but he just found them cheap.  Whatever works though... he thought and couldn't help but smile.  They do look kind of cool...  He crabbed a belt with an attached holster and slung a pistol in it- he'd given his Dl-44 to Toki after all.  Or atleast I think she has it...  Who has my gun?  No matter...  The thought also occured to him that they probably only had a good fifteen minutes to find the bomb and defuse it- perhaps this had been a bad idea after all...  Only if we squander the opportunity... 

"Alright guys- that's all the time we have.  Let's move!"  He said, picking up a grenade off the remaining branches and slinging an E-11 around his shoulder.  "Calm down man- we'd have gotten pinned down eventually: if we're going to die I'd rather it be by the freak explosion than in a gun fight anyways..." He whispered to Art who scoffed at the pretense of an unkept death. 

"Yes well- I've got some things on my list that need taken care of yet, so I'd rather not be taken out in a fire ball- even if its for the glory of battle." Shazam thought he heard a chuckle, possibly killed away by the fact he wanted to be serious.  Art was a serious man after all and his humor was sometimes few and far between.  Shazam could pick up on most of it but his girlfriend, and really she was more like a wife in Shazam's eyes, seemed to be the only one capable of fully getting him.  Shazam thought Art was following a similar path to Darius, except he was slightly more amiable to humor and comrodery.  Darius just let in bits and pieces of it. 

"How we doin?" Jen was beside the two men suddenly and she looked calm enough.  She had a flair for these type of things, probably thriving off the pressure of a death.  Shazam honestly didn't know what to think of her at times.  In some ways she was like the calm religious girl you'd lived next to for years, and yet in others she seemed to spice the situation up, as if nothing was too much for her to handle.  Some had thought of her as an emotional rollercoaster, but Shazam had faith in her and her abilities.  She wasn't XO for nothing...

"Everyone seems to be taking this well enough: time to speed things up though."  He made a point of this by making his way toward the door at the same time, the rest of Nazgul filing out before him.

Art interjected- "That or we're dead- I prefer the former but to everyone their own."

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

NazgulSquadron

Commander of Nazgul Squadron, Phoenix Wing and Training
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  252
Total Posts:  860
July 15, 2006 6:33:06 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"You know what this reminds me of ladies?" Trevor asked as he looked up and down the racks of weapons, trying to find something other than an E-11 or standard issue pistol.

"No clue." Jen replied from half way accross the room, herself picking up an E-11, and putting a blaster pistol into a holster on her hip.

"When we robbed..I mean...Borrowed from that surplus store on Nar Shaddaa" He said with a laugh. It had been his first mission with Nazgul, and during that mission he had stolen a speeder and robbed an army surplus store with aweful-smelling, trenchcoat clad Jen and Tokijin.

"Oh yeah," Tokijin piped in, herself grabbing a grenade and an E-11. "That was fun, that shop keeper didn`t know what was going on."

"Yeah, and you two smelled terrible." Trevor replied, to which Tokijin chucked an ammunition pack in his direction. He just laughed and picked it up, sliding it into the specific slot on the E-11 he had finally decided to pick up, along with one of the precision blaster pistols that were lieing on a desk.

"Don`t remind me." Jen said, looking at him and plugging her nose. "I can still smell it." She continued, loading her own weapon. Shazam had been laughing quietly near Art, and asked Trevor -

"So, what did they smell like?" Before having to duck from a flying cartradige thrown by Jen this time.

"Hard to say, It was worse then an open sewer though..." Trevor said, trailing off as Tokijin sprinted over to him and hit him fairly hard on the shoulder. Art even grinned slightly before hiding it and putting on a serious face again.

"C`mon people, we`ve got 15 minutes. Lets go find this bomb." He said sternly, satrting towards the exit, Shazam sticking at his side as they left.

"Yeah, geeez Toki..." Trevor said, walking past her and trying not to start laughing. He half expected something hard to go wizzing past his head, but it didn`t happen. He looked back over his shoulder and noticed Jen and Tokijin sturggling, Jen trying to pry another cartradge from Tokijin`s fingers. She had caught her arm in mid throw, and both looked fairly serious until Jen finally pulled the object from Toki`s grip, then both grinned and almost laughed.

Trevor shook his head as he turned around, walking out of the room and following the rest of the squadron down the hallway. Ahead he could hear Art explaining what all was happening to Jack who hadn`t been in the room when what was going on was decided.

"We`re heading to the supply depot, which houses the fuel systems. Once we get in there, we need to find the bomb and defuse it." Art explained.

"What about the commandos?" Jack asked as they rounded a corner and started up some stairs. As they reached the top of the stairs they were presented with two different directions ot take.

"We will find them later, if we pull this off that is." Art said, picking to go left as if he had walked the corridors of the platform all his life, and then decending another set of stairs. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, Art began sprinting back up, followed closely by Jack, who had gotten off two shots before runnign up the stairs.

"We`ve go an issue?" Atrick asked as Art grabbed a thermal detonator off his belt and armed it, then tossed it underhand down the steps. It bounced off the edge of the bottom stair and shot off  in a straight line away from the steps, towards a group of police officers who had been on their way to the stairs.

"Get down!" Could be heard before the detonator went off, which was followed by a large crash. Trevor, Art and Shazam slowly started down the stairs, followed closly by Jen and Jack. The roof about 20 feet away fromt he stairs had collapsed, with large chunks of roof making for crude barriers. The band of police had set themselves up behind a few of these farther down the corridor, and the Nazgulians dove behind some barriers of their own, which provided some decent cover.

"Hey," Trevor said as he fired two shots over top of the barrier without looking. "Think we could lift this?" He asked, stiking his fingers under the chunk and trying to lift. It didn`t seem incredibly heavy, being fairly thin but strong at the same time.

"Probably, but it wouldn`t be a good idea!" Darius called to him from a barrier a little way behind the one he was at. Darius peaked out from behind his bunker and fired three shots, and Trevor could hear the sound of a body drop and a weapon skid across the floor.

"Why not?" Trevor asked, looking out the side of his barrier and squeezing the trigger of his pistol twice, one of the bolts hitting a man in the leg, bringing him to his knees, while the other burried itself into the floor.

"Because you`ll expose yourselves. Besides, what happens if it falls forward while you`re carrying it?" Darius told him, a thermal detonator being flung out from behind his barrier, bouncing off a chunk of roof that was hanging down, and landing right in Trevor`s lap. Trevor gave it a look of complete horror before grabbing it and throwing it like a ball as hard as he could towards the other barrier. It bounced off the top of the barrier and kept going, before hitting part of the doorframe and bouncing back to the barrier he had aimed at in the first place. He ducked behind his barrier and instantly an explosion went off.

After a few second she peaked his head out, as did a few other Nazgulians, and slowly stood up. The once blidningly white hallway was now covered in burnt carbon where the detonator had detonated, and the barrier that had been there before, along with the police, was no longer there.

"You know Darius," Trevor said slowly as he turned around to face the man behind him. "If you had set that for contact, I`d be dead right now." He continued, one hand clenched, but he did not plan to throw a punch. He knew it had been an accident, but he also knew that it could have been prevented.

"I did what I did for a reason. I aimed for that peice of roof so it would drop onto you and you could throw it where it was supposed to go." Darius said in his usual cold tone, then shrugged his shoulders as if he had been throwing a foam ball.

"Yeah, but what if I had paniced when it landed on me, or passed out? What then?!" Trevor said, sounding not angry, but annoyed and frusterated.

"It was a risk I was willing to take. I`ve seen you work under pressure and fear before, so I didn`t think havign a thermal detonator would pahse you much." He said, shrugging once more and starting off down the hall. Trevor glared at him and for a moment though about going after him, but changed his mind. More then once he had seen Darius in hand to hand combat, and knew that he wouldn`t stand a chance. Insted he stood rooted on the spot as some of the other Nazgulians walked past him.

"Nice throw..." Atrick said as he walked by, patting Trevor on the shoulder. Trevor was tempted to tell himnot to touch him, but figured that would be a bad idea, esspecialy considering that Atrick was new to the squadron. Nel walked past and snickered, and this time Trevor did reach out.

He grabbed hold of Nel`s shoulder and twisted him around, drawing his face in close to the short pilots.

"You think its funny? How would you like a Thermal Detonator land in your lap?" Trevor asked, pulling one of the two off his belt and sliding the switch forward, but not releasing it. "I could always make it so that you wouldn`t have a chance to throw it off either."

Nel wasn`t sure what to do. He didn`t really know Trevor, and for all he knew Trevor coulda snapped at that point and wouldn`t have a problem with blowing the both of them away.

"No sir, I wasn`t laughing at you....It was a good throw though..." Nel replied, somewhat being trapped in what he said almost no matter what he said.

"Alright." Trevor said, sliding the switch back into the off position and releasing Nel`s arm. Nel sprinted off to join up with the rest of the group while Trevor stood for a moment before picking up his rifle and starting off after them.

-----------------------
FL/CPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited July 15, 2006 6:33:44 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1401
Total Posts:  2143
July 15, 2006 10:00:24 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
"Down this staircase and straight ahead should be a set of double doors where the supply depot is."  Art informed the squadron.  He had Aldur download the facility's map onto his military grade datapad so that they wouldn't wast etime trying to find their way around.

"Do you think the place is armed?"  Toki asked?  Art thought for a second.

"Toki has a point, it would make sense that a supply room would have some sort of emergency defence mechanism and given the fact that the platform is at emergency status, it would probably be active."  Art replied.

"Aldur, where would the override system be for an internal security system?"  Shazam asked.

"It's probably run out of the mainframe.  When the station goes onto high alert or emergency mode in the event of a boarding there is probably a station wide program launched to activate all of the security with each sector sergeant in charge of overriding it when troops pass on their way to battle."  Aldur replied.  "Pass me that datapad for a second."  Aldur said to Art.  Art handed it over and Aldur studied it for a second.  "This is probably a security sector so the override is probably nearby.  There is a door one hundred meters from the supply depot, let's look there."  He continued handing the datapad back to Art.  The squadron quickly checked out the room and it turned that Aldur was right.  Within seconds he had disabled the internal security system and unlocked the supply room door.  From inside the room they could hear the loud hiss of the double doors flying open.

"Good work Aldur."  Shazam said praisingly.  One thing for sure, Aldur was talented at this.  "How much time do we have left.  You said half an hour was the timeframe Aldur?"  Shazam asked.

"That is correct."  Aldur replied.

"Was a timestamp encoded with the transmission to active?"  Art asked.

"No, I was unable to decipher it.  These guys are good at keeping secrets."  Aldur replied.  Art's face suddenly lit up as if he had the answer.

"Shazam, how long ago were the missiles launched?"  Art asked.

"No more than twenty minutes ago."  He replied.

"Then we have about ten minutes."  Art said, his voice a bit hopeful.

"Why do you say that?"  Jen demanded, curious as to how Art seemed to pull a time out of the air.

"Simple.  If they activated the self-destruct, why fire missiles at the platform?"  Art asked rhetorically.  Before anyone could reply he continued, "the missiles were never intended to hit the platform.  They were launched at the same time as the self-destruct was activated as a clever little ruse.  If we had interpreted the missiles as the self-destruct attempt and we destroyed them then the gamble was that we would think it safe to board.  Our teams board, other ships come near to cover.  Once everyone is in the middle on the control deck trying to get control, the self-destruct, time delayed for thirty minutes, detonates destroying the platform, killing the assualt team and all ships covering it from the outside.  The platform was going down and they tried to catch us in it."  Art concluded.hy do you say that?"  Jen demanded, curious as to how Art seemed to pull a time out of the air.

"They might have done that but hitting the Righteous makes sense too."  Shazam countered.

"Logically this has the higher percent change of success."  Art replied, raising the stakes slightly.

"Perhaps you are overestimating their strategic thinking.  It seems to me that you are almost picturing them as a robot working within a strategic framework that puts forward the parameter of using the strategy with the greatest possible success.  However, people aren't like that, life is more unpredictable than that as are people."  Jen replied, a certainly level of her anxiety in her voice.  She was clearly worried that time was being wasted.  "Let's move along."  She commanded exercising her role as XO.

"It's a debate for the lounge after."  Art said and Shazam nodded.  They were going to agree to disagree until later when they would have fun debating it over a good drink.

The squadron ran into the supply depot and found it empty.  Looking around, Art noticed that there was no one inside, the floors were a very shiney black, and everything was behind sealed doors meaning there was a large empty central area.  It wasn't exactly like anything he had seen before for a supply depot.

"So where's the bomb?"  Trevor demanded.  Before Art could open his mouth a deep voice shouted from behind them.

"Freeze.  No one move; lower your weapons slowly.  The man bellowed."  Sithspit! Art thought to himself.  How could I be so idiotic.  Dammit!.  He had been in such a rush to get to the detonator and so confident of his decision that he had forgot to think it out completely.  He assumed that there would be no one guarding the supply depot as they would be up fighting.  Since no one would know about the self-destruct, no one would guard it.  However, he forget to consider the fact that it was likely that one trusted person would know of its location so that it could be disabled in the case of a malfunction.  How could I be so bloody stupid?

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  254
July 15, 2006 10:45:34 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor was pretty frusterated that the bomb was no where they could see. He imagined that it would be attatched to the outside of one of the tanks or set on the floor ro something.

When he heard the voice behind them, telling them not to move, he slowly turned around. Behind them was one man with a repeating blaster, and another to his left with an E-11.

"Freeze, No one move; lower your weapons slowly." The man demanded, aiming the repeater in their direction, his partner pointing his blaster at each of them individualy.

Slowly a few weapons were set down, followed by more. Trevor was standing at the back of the group next to Jen. Quietly he whispered -

"You`ve got a pistol, right?" As he nodded downwards towards his own holster which he had twisted around slowly so it was behind his back, giving the look of him wearing a regular belt.

"Yeah." She whispered back as she set her E-11 on the floor and kicked it off to the side. She dsid the same with her blaster hoster, sliding it around so it was behind her.

"I`ll take the one with the repeater, you get the one with the blaster rifle, got it?" He said as he continued whispering. It would mean that they would have to step around to opposite sides of the group to get a clean shot, but if it would work, why not.

"Yout two at the back, quit flirting!" The man behind the reapter bellowed, startling Trevor. "Spread out you two, no more chatting." He ordered them, and Trevor moved to the right side of the group, Jen to the left. As soon as they were both in position, he gave her a nod, and drew his pistol with lightning quick speed, pointed it at the man behind the repeated and squeezed the trigger three times in quick succesion, all three botls meeting their target. Jen hadn`t been as fast though, and the man with the E-11 turned and fired at Trevor, hitting him in the left shoulder and knocking him to the ground. Jen had drawn her blaster and fired by now, takign out the man who had shot Trevor.

Tokijin, Shazam and Jack had dropped down beside Trevor as soon as he went down, and the others had formed a small circle around them, accept for Art and Aldur who were looking for the bomb.

Jen dropped down to one knee beside him.

"I`m so sorry." She told him, pushing him up into a sitting position. "I didn`t expect you to shoot so fast. I didn`t expect him to shoot so fast!" She explained.

"Heh, don`t worry about it Jen, you got him in the end. Damn, that hurt. Anyone got some bandages or something? I`m sorta bleeding." He said, pointing to his shoulder with his right hand. Jack had unzipped his flight suit and torn off a bit of his shirt and folded it up, and then instructed Tokijin to put it over the wound and apply pressure.

"Its weird, normally these don`t bleed." Shazam said, sounding somewhat confused. It was true, normally a blaster bolt that punctured skin would fuse all the blood vessles and veins together so they wouldn`t bleed and it would just be an open wound, but for some reason this hadn`t happened.

"Yeah." Trevor replied, wincing slightly as Tokijin let pressure off.

"Its stopped bleeding." She stated, and Jack ripped off a larger strip of his shirt to tie around Trevor`s shoulder as a crude bandage.

"This isn`t going to help a whole lot, but it will keep alot of dust and dirt out of it for now." Jack explained as he tied it around Trevor`s shoulder. As soon as he was finished he helped Trevor his feet and handed him back his blaster pistol.

"We can`t find the bomb anywhere." Aldur informed them, slowly walking back from across the room. Art hadn`t stopped searching and was opening any panel he could find along the walls.

"Dammit!" Trevor said loudly, and in a fit of frusteration and annoyence chucked his blaster pistol across the room. It bounced off the wall and then hit the floor with a dull thud, bounced, and hit the floor again, this time making a hollow sounding 'ting' when it landed.

Trevor and Art both gave each other knowing looks and rushed over to the blaster pistol, Trevor dropping to his knees and sliding a little bit before stopping. They started examining the floor there and Art managed to find the seam, although it looked just like any other tile on the floor, this one was hollow underneith it.

"I bet the bomb is in there." Art replied, and Trevor gave a nod, then asked -

"How can you be sure? Maybe its just an entrance for servacing a pipe or hose?" He said, sounding slightly skeptical, giving the floor another tap.

"See how this section is more glossy then the rest? That means its blaster proof. None of these other tiles are blaster proof. This one if protecting something really important." Art explained, grabbing his datapad from Aldur and checking a very detailked view of the floorplan. It showed there weas a slight depression in the supply depot, right where they were, which was covered by a tile.

Showing the pad to Aldur he asked, "Do you think you could open this up?" To which Aldur just nodded his head and rushed over to a terminal on the wall and began working feverosly.

-----------------------
FL/CPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited July 15, 2006 10:46:33 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1403
July 16, 2006 2:06:09 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Yet another tally!

-----------------------
WAJ/2LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2531
July 16, 2006 4:33:50 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
A little relieved that the threat from the two enemy soldiers had been eliminated, Shazam wasn't all to happy to be confronted with that of the bomb again... Vacation after this- I'm getting too old for this... Then he figured Art was really having a field day, having to put up with new wingmen constantly and be forced against his will to secure objectives he wasn't interested in. Someon's ganna kill somebody soon... Shazam chuckled as Aldur said-

"There's a trigger for the hatch- it won't tell me where though. Its not involved with the mainframe apparently- its all antenna and communications devices..." The rest of Nazgul sat thinking for a moment, re-wording what Aldur had said so it was understandable in their minds...

"Right- so we should be looking for an antenna- something out of place..." Atrick concluded and Shazam nodded his approval of the idea. Suddenly the group was scattering, searching for anything. Toki started up a staircase to which Art yelled-

"No- its probably very close- too much metal and circuitry in here might scramble the frequencies..." After he'd said this he dropped to the ground, rolled on his back and scooted under one of the fuel tanks.

"What have we on time?" Shazam asked, rushing as well now.

"Five minutes- guys: if we don't find this soon I don't think we'll have time to disconnect it..." So this is how I'm ganna die? Shazam thought, listening to Aldurs comments. Probably his last... Shazam stopped his search and stood in the middle of it all- somewhat dumbstruck. Yea, he didn't care about dying, but he'd have rather not gone out quite like this... Give me something... Anything... C'mon- where's that sweetspot... Somethin I can use...

"I don't suppose an electro-magnet to pick-up and move supplies several tons in weight would be able to pry off a tile- would it?" Bingo. Shazam said it with a smile creeping onto his face.

"Of course- this is a supply depot: why didn't I think of that?" Art about slapped himself as he rushed down one of the alleys toward a loader. A tower went off from its side to give the cable a good angle while the end of that cable held a mass piece of black metal, probably magnetized then shoved into an outlet for some extra wattage...

"Out of the way-" Darius said, being the first to the top of the machine and able to turn it on. He and Jack probably have the best reasons to get out of here... Thought Shazam, thinking of their wives and in Jack's case, child. I still haven't seen the little guy... He thought rather absent-mindedly as the machine came to life and the rest of the Nazguls dived out of the way. Darius was a madman as he kicked the throttle on the old rust-bucket to full and strangled the choke so that the machine guzzled almost all of its fuel in a minute. Before Shazam knew what was happening he felt a tug on his waist and the feeling of the holstered belt coming apart as it flung toward the magnet. "I'd stay back folks..." He said, a hint of a grin on his face. Then he gently eased another lever forward, the sound of a hum becoming almost deafening. They were all in a pretty open space, crowded around the trawler and the single plate of metal in the floor. Well- it became the only one. Tiles sprung up from nearby to wrench themselves to the electro-magnet as the center one stayed adamant. Darius lowered the magnet closer to the tile, increasing the power of it so that Shazam could feel other metallic items on his body begin to vibrate in apprehension.

Then there was a pop and Darius was backing off suddenly as Aldur and Arturus sprung forward on the gaping hole in the floor. Shazam couldn't hear them yet, but he thought he read "No More Time" on Aldurs lips as he checked his chrono then looked into the hole for the self-destruct...

Quite suddenly it was quiet- Darius had shut down the magnet and hopped down the side to race toward the square of darkness. "Here- use this..." Jen was saying, pulling her hair back and handing them a glow stick from a nearby workbench. She seemed frantic as well now...

"There- there it is..." Aldur carefully placed his legs in the hole, sitting on the edge for a moment before slipping himself down. Art followed next, then Jen and Shazam, the rest of Nazgul looking down while Jack and Trevor scanned for any onlookers.

"What do you think, Aldur?" Shazam asked, giving the massive contraption in the center a tap, then stepping back suddenly as if it would explode.

"Here's the interface- take a look." Art motioned to Aldur who answered Shazam's question a moment later with-

"I don't understand it..." He put in some commands to no avail- "I think its malfunctioning... Our time as expired and the timer in this box has frozen on a half minute- I think this computer is screwed..."

"Does that mean we're good?" Jen asked, her eyes full of anticipation; she hadn't been in any mood to die either, apparently...

"Hmm- I don't know. I don't think it'll go off unless the computer lets it. The weapon is still armed, its just not ready to fire: I saw we call in that commando group to get on this- I don't think there's anything more we can do..." He said it triumphantly though.

"The magnet must have destroyed the hardware inside the computer- its frozen. I think we'll be alright..." Art breathed a sigh of relief as he said this...

Shazam felt tired all of the sudden, or perhaps he was just incredibly relaxed in comparison with how he had been before. Although he told himself he didn't care about when and where he died, he'd been anxious- he hadn't wanted to die then. Knots unwound that he didn't know existed and he felt unbelievable... Don't let it get to your head, now... Shazam reminded himself then said- "Alright boys and girls- back to the Hanger. We'll let the Army folks mess with it..."

(OOC: Now the reason I did it like this because Trevor had a great idea about it going off after we'd defused it. I figure with the glitch in mind here where the magnet basically destroyed the computer, maybe the countdown could keep going after we leave- maybe like twenty minutes later or less. Either way, I'd like to have us coming back near the hanger when an explosion goes off- but not correctly. Instead of igniting all the fuel, some of the explosives don't go off and only the bottom ones fire, taking out the repulsor drives. Thus- we begin to hurtle toward the ground twenty-thousand feet below. We're forced to jump into our fighters as it plummets, so things are sliding around and the entire platform might begin to lean onto a side as it drops or eventually pick up a rotation- either way: its ganna be tough to jump into the fighters to take off. We can kill someone off in our group here if we so choose, and at least lose a lot of Army guys in the initial explosion, and if we'd like to add more- lose a lot when they try to take off but are forced to leave a lot of people behind. Thoughts?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

NazgulSquadron

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  256
July 16, 2006 11:12:33 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
OOC: Screw thoughts, time for actions

BIC:

Trevor let out a sigh of relief as people started back out of the hole. From what he had heard of the discussion, the bomb`s timer had frozen due to the electromagnet. The majority of the team was now walking slowly out of the room, towards the hanger.

As they came around a corner, Shazam almost walked head on into the commando leader. He reached up with one hand and put it over his heart, inhaling sharply and chuckling lightly.

"You scared me commander. Don`t do that." Shazam said quickly. The commander didn`t look to happy though, a scowl spreadign across his face at the site of the naval personel.

"I thought we sent you back to your fighters." He demanded, gesturing too some of his men to lead them out for a second time.

"Well, its pretyt good you didn`t." Trevor replied as he pulled his arm loose from one of the trooper`s grips. "While you and your batch of idiots here were wandering around, we found ourselves a pretty damn big bomb."

"Idiots?!" The commander roared and pushed Trevor out of the way sharply. "Where is this 'bomb'?!" He demanded, spittle spraying out of his mouth into Shazam`s face. Reaching up and slowly wiping it off his face, Shazam replied -

"In there, bucko," And thumbed towards the room they had exited. The commander sent two of his troops to inspect and they returned after a moment, confirmering that there was infact a bomb in the room, with the time frozen at 0:34.

"I appologise Luietenant Shazam. We`ll go disarm that. I guess we owe you a thank-you actually." The commander told Shazam, changing his attitude offly quickly. He stuck out his hand to Shazam, but before Shazam could shake it, Art did insted.

"It was really him that lead us to where it was. Well, these two." Shazam explained, motioning to Aldur and Art. Art nodded and Aldur grinned slightly, the commander nodding to each of them.

"Alright, well, I guess you flyboys and girls can head out now, we`ll go disarm this thing and then make our way out." The commander informed them, before brushing past followed by his squad, into the room.

*** A few moments, and closer to the hanger later ***

"For pilots, we sure spend alot of time running around." Jran said absent mindedly as the group made their way to the hanger. This resulted in  a good amount of laughter from the pilots who were more 'vetran' to the group.

"Ha, you should have seen us on Nar Shaddaa, most of that mission was on the ground." Shazam laughed, to which Trevor pointed out that for him and Jaden, Cepany was a bit of a ground mission too. Neither of them came out flying their original fighters.

"And then there was aboard that awful corvette." Tokijin muttered, shuddering slightly at the memories of that. That had probably been one of the worst situations they had been in as a squadron, but it helped them rely on each other more and built alot of trust.

"Thats for sure." Jen sighed. They were now just down the hallway from the hanger, when Aldur asked -

"So, do you think they got that thing defused yet?" Just as he finished speaking, a large explosion rocked the station, knocking most of the Nazgulians from their feet.

"What the hell was that!" Trevor exclaimed out of surprise as he pushed Tokijin off of him. He got to his feet quickly and gave anyone near him who was still on the gorund a hand up.

"I think they didn`t defuse it right..." Atrick stated, getting a few murmers from the rest of the squadron. "But," He continued, "If they didn`t, shouldn`t we be dead?"

"Maybe it didn`t explode all the way, or it didn`t blow up all the tanks." Nel suggested, which seemed logical enough for the rest of the squadron. Jen had turned to go back and find out but was caught by the shoulder by Shazam.

"Nope, we better get to the hanger just incase it did something really bad. If any of them survived they`ll make their way out." He told her as Nazgul started off down the hall at a sprint. As the scrambled into the hanger, a good number of them had to stop and stare in horror out of the hanger bay doors.

"Uh...." Trevor said, his mouth hanging open.  Darius had started walking closer to the hanger doors, and then quickly sprinted back to give Shazam the report.

"Yup, that blast took out the repulsors. We`re falling, and with only 20,000 feet to go, I suggets we get out. Now!" He said ugrently, pushing Shazam slightly in the direction of the fighters.

Trevor sprinted off to get into his own, and could see a good number of the pilots who wernt already int heir fighters getting in them.

Within a few seconds everyone was in and buckled, ready to launch. Just as they had started their roll call, a group of stormtroopers limped into the bay, probably about 4 or 5 of them, and headed to their shuttle.

Suddenly, equipment and machines started ot roll or slide across the hanger floor towards the opposite wall. One of the troopers didn`t get out of the way of a peice of machinery, which proceded to push him along the floor until it curshed him against the wall.

"Whats going on?" Tokijin asked quietly.

"The station must be tipping. Ever launched sideways?" Shazam asked, dropping himself from the rack and throttling up, launching himself out of the hanger and away from the plummating station, followd by Tokijin, then Art, then the rest of the Nazguls in order.

When flight three`s turn came, Trevor dropped form the rack and the fighter fell a little ways before launching forward out of the station. He was followed by Atrick, and thenthe other two pilots in his flight.

Nel had hardly pulled out of the station when he could be heard over the comm.

"What the hell? The clouds are eating the fighter. Oh God....No...Help me someone, Help!" He could be heard screaming, before most of the squadron flipped off their comms to avoid having to hear the grusem death of the pilot. He ha dlaunche dout right into a heavily concentrated cloud of acid, which had immediatly started eating away his fighters metal skin, then the frame, and then sadly, his human flesh.

That was...sickening..." Trevor said slowly, dissapointed by the loss of a pilot in his flight. He had had a perfect record so far this mission, and had wanted to keep it that way.

OOC: Alright...I guess people can post their point of view during the station falling and everything, then hows about someone decides maybe we should talk to the Righteous and find out where those missiles came from earlier, so we can go make an attack.

-----------------------
FL/SCPO/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 9(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Atrick25
ComNet Cadet

Atrick25

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  245
Total Posts:  380
July 17, 2006 10:09:54 AM    View the profile of Atrick25 
With the bomb's timer frozen, Atrick felt relieved. I'm not dying today. He thought. He turned a followed the rest of his squadron, falling in behind Jack. The hallways were empty, save a few droids still scurrying about, but they gave them no trouble. Rounding a corner, Shazam ran into the commander of the Army units, who looked like they had a fruitless search of the bridge.

Shazam and the officer talked, the commander screaming, and soon he motioned for some troopers to escort them again to the hangar. Trevor mentioned something and the commander became enraged.

"Idiots?!" Atrick heard the commander say. "Where is this 'bomb'?!"

Shazam motioned toward the supply depot and two stormtroopers went to investigate.

They returned shortly and Atrick heard one say, "Timer's stuck at 0:34, sir."

The commander seemed to switch faces, becoming calm almost instantly. He went into the supply depot as well, followed by most of the troopers and left two to guard the door.

"Alright, let's get out of here folks." Shazam said and they continued on, meeting no resistance in the abandoned hallways.

Almost reaching the hangar, the base suddenly shook, making Atrick and most of Nazgul fly off their feet and a sudden feeling of falling made Atrick feel sick.

"What the hell was that!" Trevor exclaimed out of surprise as he pushed Tokijin off of him. He got to his feet quickly and gave anyone near him who was still on the gorund a hand up.

"I think they didn`t defuse it right..." Atrick stated, getting a few murmers from the rest of the squadron. "But," He continued, "If they didn`t, shouldn`t we be dead?"

"Maybe it didn`t explode all the way, or it didn`t blow up all the tanks." Nel suggested, which seemed logical enough for the rest of the squadron.

They entered the hangar uneasliy and stooped in horror at what was happening outside. The clouds were rushing past, turning into streaks. Darius walked close to the edge of the doors then ran back.

"Yup, that blast took out the repulsors. We`re falling, and with only 20,000 feet to go, I suggets we get out. Now!" He said ugrently, pushing Shazam slightly in the direction of the fighters.

Atrick ran for what his life was worth, quickly making it to his fighter. He climbed up into the cockpit, almost falling off in the process. He threw the weapons he had behind the seat and buckled in just as the army troopers were entering the hangar.

Suddenly, the hangar pitched violently, and most of the equipment in the hangar began moving. One hit a trooper as he was walking and was crushed between the wall and the machine.

Outside, the base was falling down sideways, making takeoff difficult, but Atrick managed to get behind Trevor on the way out. Suddenly, Nel's screaming filled the air.

"What the hell? The clouds are eating the fighter. Oh God....No...Help me someone, Help!" Atrick listened, a sick feeling entering his gut. "Help me... please!" He shouted one last time then static. He was gone.

"That was...sickening..." Trevor said slowly and Atrick agreed. It was a horrible way to die.

The base was now plummeting downward. The army transport had managed to escape from the hangar unscathed.

"We need to find our where those missles came from. Now." Said Shazam and contacted the Righteous.

"Righteous, this is Nazgul One. Do you have a location on the launch site of those missiles?"

"Copy Nazgul One. Transmitting coordinates."

-----------------------
NazgulSquadron

FM/LCRW Atrick25/Nazgul-10/Phoenix Wing/[mSSD Atrus]/1VENF]/VEN/VE (=A=)
~Leading Crewman Atrick25~

Nerds stick together! (Until Football Players storm us, because then we run like the girly men we are!)

Why does Darth Vader want cookies?
[This message has been edited by Atrick25 (edited July 18, 2006 6:19:39 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1408
July 17, 2006 4:55:45 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Art raced into the hanger and climbed into his fighter as fast as he possible could.  He didn't even bother with the safety belts, just the life support systems.  Before leaving the fighter, he had put his systems on emergency standby and in seconds the fighter roared to life.  The hanger was rattling as the platform plummeted and the tilting made it very difficult for him to align himself.  For the first time in as long as he could remember, he was absolutely petrified of what was about to happen.  The second the rack released his fighter, his fighter was going to slam right into the roof unless he dove down immediately and kept a downwards angle.  In addition, the tilt meant that he couldn't just fly straight out anyhow.  It could very well be the toughest manouver he would ever have to do in a fighter.

"Ancient protector, spirits of the ancestors, I pray you protect me now in my time of struggle."  Art whispered softly, not bothering to check to see if his comm was on.  He was tempted to grip the small medallion he secretly wore around his neck but knew he didn't have the time.  At this point it no longer mattered what anyone thought.  He took a deep breath and let it out slowly in a technique he had learned in an ancient religious text.  An instant calming sensation came over him.  Not even hesitating to get his bearings, Art, instead of engaging the repulsorlifts, turned up his engines causing his fighter to roar and shake in the rack.  With a press of a button his fighter lurged forward and down.  Without thinking he flicked his rights hard and dove, his fighter doing a perfect barrel roll through the tilted hanger door.  He cleared the it with a mere twenty-centimeters to spare but it no longer mattered, he had made it. 

The entire sequenece had only taken seconds but it had felt like an eternity to Art.  He couldn't remember the last time he was as scared as he had been just then.  Putting the fighter into cruise for a moment, he quickly did up the safety belts and tried to calm himself as his heart nad begun beating rapidly again after he left the hanger.  Thank you he prayed to the ancestoral guardians.  Art believed that death was not an end but rather a re-awakening with a new body and a blank slate.  However, while he believed in re-incarnation, he did not believe it occured right away for everyone.  The spirits of those who had gone before and had not yet come again watched down as protectors of those who still continued life in the galaxy.  In a sense it was a blend of ancient religions he had studied.  Every the history lover, Arturus had come across some old documents at an auction for the last survivor of an old family on some planet he could no longer remember.  Amongst the items of the estate that were auctioned off - which was everything as no heir had been stated and none had come forward to claim it - were some very old books.  Arturus' love of history and old things had led him to bid for the books which he had gotten for next to nothing.  What he had read transformed him and in his hunt to find more, he had found the small medallion hanging around a strange statue in an old half-buried temple.

Religion seemed such a strange pursuit given Arturus' character.  No one knew about it although Art had always suspected that Taylsha did.  He didn't mention it at all because it did not fit with the image he put forward as a man who believed fundamentally in reason and not what many would call superstition since none of it was proveble.  Rationality was something he had prided himself on and he had found these documents the most rational description of the universe although he knew he would never be able to convince anyone else of its rationality.

Taking another deep breath, Art cleared his mind and fell back into a tight formation and got himself ready for the next objective.

-----------------------

Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1410
July 17, 2006 9:44:40 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
More tallies!

-----------------------

Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  282
Total Posts:  367
July 18, 2006 3:24:25 PM    View the profile of Darius 
After Darius warned everybody of the stations current situation, and everybody else began running to their fighters, Darius tore his flightsuit off.  "I'm not dying in an uncomfortable Imp pilot uniform," he muttered to himself.  Another small explosion went off and the station began to tip, pointing the hanger to the near abyss below.  Cloud cover was too thick to see the planets surface.

The young Imperial activated the jetpack that was built into this armor he wore on every mission.  Within seconds, he was pulling the hatch of his TIE open and starting it up.  He jumped into the seat, but pulled himself out after hearing a voice scream.  He poked his head out of the fighter and watched as one of the commandos began to fall, not able to make it into the shuttle in time before the stations tilts became too great to casually walk on.  The bomb had destroyed the emergency artificial gravity generators that all repulsor stations and skyhooks were equipped with.

"He's lucky I'm a good guy," he muttered to himself and jumped off his TIE and began to fall out of the hanger.  He maneuvered himself with his jetpack and caught the commandos arm before he fell out of the hanger.  "We're gonna need you after we're done here!" he yelled at the man, and engaged his jetpack to full power.  He tried to keep the boosters pointed toward the hanger floor, but it became harder to climb to the shuttle as the station tipped even more.

Then, he heard the sound he feared when he flew his jetpack.  Nazgul was disengaging from their docking claws and taking off.  Tokijin was first, and she set the throttle at full and blasted out of the hanger, right at Darius and the commando.  Darius kicked himself so the boosters hit the far wall, and they blasted out of the way of Toki.  He turned himself back towards the shuttle, but it was too late, the station had tipped past the point of no return.

Use to thinking under extreme pressure in extreme situations, he threw the commando as far forward as humanly possible, and shot a cable from the launcher in his armor, located at the wrist.  He grappled onto the shuttle, and began to swing towards the ceiling.  The commando began to fall from the throw, and Darius caught him with his legs, wrapping them around the commandos chest, under his armpits.  They began to climb, using the winch, and in fifteen seconds, they were to the shuttle and inside.  Flight one had taken off, and and two was beginning.

Darius gave the grateful commando a quick salute, and shot off with his jetpack, back to his TIE.  He quickly crawled inside and closed the hatch. 

Immediately after, the claws released him.  He spun his fighter so he was facing the hanger floor, and dropped out, using his main engines to keep him away from the ceiling and collision.  As soon as his fighter cleared the hanger, he dove and pulled away at full throttle.  Within moments, Nazgul had cleared the hanger and the Crash followed behind, barely getting out alive.

Darius quickly changed com channels to the open frequency, "Crash, one of you owes me a drink, for the rest of the year."

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
-----------------------
FM/MCPO Darius Pursius/Nazgul 2-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) [VC:B] [CB*] [CBV]
[This message has been edited by Darius (edited July 18, 2006 11:11:47 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  257
July 18, 2006 8:44:48 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"All right command, we`ve got the co-ordiantes, thank you." Shazam told the Righetous command crew as they made their way away from the station. A few seconds later it had dropped out of site due to the clouds, and Trevor assumed that shortly after, a large explosion would ensue somewhere below.

"Alright, I`m going to forward these to the flight leaders, and you will foward them to your members. From there, we will go take out the S.O.B.s who tried to shoot us down." Shazam said, sounding quite serious about it, which Trevor found somewhat surprising. Sure, Shazam could be serious, but for the most part he was fairly light hearted and having fun.

"Copy that One." Jen said as Shazam began forwarding the coordinates. As soon as Trevor had gotten them, he sent them out to his two remaining flight members.

"Everyone go them?" Art asked, to which a few confirmations came in, but it was good enough for him. Shazam started off towards the planet`s surface, while Flight two followed on the right and Flight three on the left, in a very well performed 'proper' formation.

"Should we be worried about the acid content in these clouds One?" Atrick asked, thinking back to Nels horrid death only moments ago. In Trevor`s mind, it had awoken him and most of the squadron to the impact thse clouds could do, and that they should be respected, just like any other deadly force in the galaxy.

"I wouldn`t worry to much about it now Nine. Nel`s was a fluke I believe. The acid concentration is much lower down here, which is why they can build cities on the surface. You wouldn`t want to live in an acid infested city, would you?" Shazam asked him hypotheticaly, laughing as soon as he finished.

"I guess that would depend on what species I was. But seeing as I`m human, I`d say nope." Trevor replied with a joke of his own, trying to think if any species he knew of thrived in an acidic environment. I guess I can`t think of any, but I`m willing to bet everything I`ve got that there are some. He thought to himself with a light chuckle.

"Alright, we got a reading on this missile platform." Jen said as they got within range of the outpost. "Its pretty small, but we can hit it. I`m painting it now." She informed the squadron as they approached. The clouds were thinning out at about 100m till the ground, and then Trevor was able to spot the outpost.

It was a small setup, with a tower, a set of twin turrets, a single AA missile turret, a small hanger and refueling station, a couple of command bunkers, the missile platform, and what Trevor thought to be odd was what appeared to be a luxury mansion.

"Lets knock out the AA firs thing." Darius suggested, and was confirmed with his plan by Shazam and Trevor. The three of them began making locks on the AA tower, when it suddenly swiveled on its hinges to face up, with the tubes that sat dead center in its 'face' staring blankly at them.

"Shit, Its got a longer range than we excpected, back out and swing around for a second run!" Trevor instructed Shazam and Darius, who made no objections. As theystarted to swing around, Trevor heard the missile lock alarm go off in his cockpit and sighed.

"Wonderful, I got a lock on me." He said over the comm to no one in particular. Then, just as suddenly as the lock alarmhad gone on, it went off. "What happened, did it change its mind?" He asked, again to no one in particular.

"Nope," Jen told him over the comm. "Me, Tokijin, and Jran took it out while you guys distracted it. Perfect plan." She said warmly, complimenting their idea, even though it hadn`t been what was planned.

"Uh..Thanks Jen." Shazam thanked her. They`ve got it going on... Trevor thought to himself absent-mindedly and laughed out loud. That was out loud wasn`t it...

"Whats so funny 9?" Shazam asked, not sounding angry, but genuinly wanting to know what Trevor had found laughable.

"Nothing sir, just thinking to myself...it slipped." He explained somewhat embarrased.

"So, whats with the palace?" Jack asked out of no where. By now most of the squadron had discovered the luxury home in the cneter of the outpost, presumable home of one of the leaders, but possibly something else.

OOC: Alright, the palace is placed in the middle of the outpost, with the two turrets guarding it, and the missile platform slightly ahead of it. We are flying at it head on. The palace is obviously where the moffs live, but if they are staying there currently or not is undecided. Perhaps they could try to escape in a shuttle or individual fighters when we take them out?

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2536
July 19, 2006 12:37:16 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Touche... Shazam thought as the station rocked and he was taken off his feet for the moment.  As he floated through the air before he hit the ground he thought about a couple of different things.  Right off the bat was death, of course.  Rather than be anxious or scared, there was only serenity, a calm that can come only from certain knowledge of one's fate.  I am going to die... He thought, and maybe there was a smile on his face right before he felt himself go practically limp upon impact.  As he realized how hard the 'groud' was on the interior of the platform, his mindset suddenly changed to- Am I giving up?  Everything he could be missing began flashing through his head- the white, shaking walls of the station no longer concerned him, only the gentle nuances of his life he'd probably been taking for granted.  There were the obvious things he was in contact with every day like the Squadron, his good freinds within it like Art and Jen and the job he was beginning to love.  Beyond that was the respect he had for his life and the beauty within it- would he never see another new planet?  Smell those first scents of fresh organic beauty surronding him?  See a sunset?  Corny perhaps, but he was differnet now. 

Words no longer concerned him as the ground sent a shockwave through his body, the initial surprise gone and his nerves like lightning.  Throwing himself up from the ground he found himself bringing his squadron mates to thier feet and looking for anyone unable to do so.  He found that everyone was just as quick and that none of them seemed to be in the mood to die either- perhaps there was hope of survival.  Atrick and some others exchanged ideas on this as they scattered and sprinte toward the hanger.  Have we got everybody?  The others hadn't seen it, but they hadn't been the only ones running for the hanger- remnant forces burst into the hallway from a seperate corridor.  At least five with guns, the entire eight or so were crawling back up from the initial shock the grounds surged through them. 

Shazam turned to run when he heard something that made him stop in a heartbeat.  Jen?  The feeling there wasn't totally understood, but it was inhibitory and stopped him in his tracks.  In the confusion of those first moments, they'd left Jen on the ground.  She was just now rousing herself awake and crawling from the ground as Shazam spun on his heel and started throwing any and all fire-power he had into the men behind her.  This blaster-fire awoke her instantly and she looked up from under the red light to make eye-contact with Shazam as if to say "thanks..."  Then she was up without question and running, Shazam still firing back. 

He couldn't see any of the men any more due to the bright light reflecting off the ozone and smoke flooding the hallway.  The pistol and blaster rifle suddenly went dead and Shazam was defenseless once again.  Totally blind he found himself turning on the same heel and running as he'd never run before...  Man I hate running... he thought as he picked up speed and the hallway jumped from underneath him and it appeared as if he'd skipped for a moment.  The groud jumped once again as he met it, causing him to tumble, the world turning around in circles.  He felt pressure on his left side which caused him to look left and see the face of a remnant solider; apparently he'd been on his way out when he'd fallen as well.  The two looked at eachother for a good second before Shazam came to his senses, the left arm of the man swinging high to knock him out.  Instead of of simply blocking it, Shazam caught the arm and used it as an anchor to pick himself up and fling himself toward the hanger.

Just as he began to think- Man, I'm ganna regret leaving him concious, he passed a hallway junction that linked the one he was in to a parrellel hallway.  As he looked right to give it a glance he realized the lone, sprinting figure with the knees practically to his chest was that of the man he'd left only seconds ago.  Whoa- he's fast...  Where's he going?  Then he wondered if the hallway he was in led to the hanger as well...  How many entrances were there?  Only one, right?  Or was there two?  There could have been two...  But how many re-maining fighters?

Suddenly he was heaving as he realized that he was running faster than he'd ever ran before- and I hate races...  It wasn't long until he could distinguish the border of the doors for the hanger and that it was wide open when he felt himself begin to peel left- oh crap...  He slowed down just enough to feel the entire platform tilt sideways; it wasn't totally verticle yet, but it would be soon enough and he didn't want to be there when it began its spin.  He placed his right arm against the wall, which was formerlly the ground and began to run.  Finding a comfortable way to pick up speed, he finally reached the hangerbay and took a look outside to see how the weather was doin.  Awesome he thought as the wind whipped his face and clouds swished past, exploding and imploding as they met the edge of the collapsing, free-falling platform.  However, he couldn't simply walk out and run to his fighter- unless he was intent on sliding down the shiny metal floor into the durasteel wall to his right.  Instead, he'd have to climb up the right side to reach the craft...  He looked around for something he could use to get to- that's not good...  Shazam sat in silence as his fighter crashed against the wall, several others following suit...  I won't be using those...  He had to pull himself in behind the protective barrier to keep from being nailed by sharp debris flying from the crashes that ensues.  Three seconds later the last fighter met its end...  He glanced back out of the hanger to see Nel disintegrate in the distance; there was a breif moment of remourse before something else caught his attention-

You gotta be kidding me...  The same man he'd been racing before came through a side exit.  Giving him a look and then a smile as he realized Shazam had no real weapon at his disposal.  He took a look around, clasped the door he was next to and slowly lifted himself down so that he could crawl away from the exit and toward the nearby stairs.  It looked like a day at the park as the remnant pilot monkey barred his way to the stair case and Shazam followed suit, wrapping himself around the first wall then looking for leverage as he climbed.  The remnant pilot gave him a look back and started to hurry, looking for footholds and anything he coud use to throw his pursuer off.  It wasn't long before he'd reached the stairs and was on his way up those, Shazam just getting past his own door and having to find a way past his companions entrance.  As the two slowly made thier way up the sounds outside began to change- we must be within about eight thousand feet from the ground- time to hurray... Shazam wasted no time in grabbing hold of the door frame and throwing all of his strenght into pushing himself forward at high speed.  This wasn't enough though- the other pilot was already on the stair case and staggering upward.  Give me something... He said it into no one inparticular but they must have heard him because he lashed out toward a cable that'd caught on the wall as it's fighter had fallen toward the ground below.  Giving it a god tug he found it un-attached and in his eyes- useful...

He held his position against the wall as he felt for an end of the cable, wrapping it around quickly to create a moveable knot- a lasso.  He leaned out to get a good look up at the second floor and tossed the lasso upward toward the decript railing only to see the lasso fall to his side again, the knotted end falling back toward through the destroyed fighters below.  Knew I should have practiced this type of random activity more...  The whole coin in the eye thing hasn't done crap for me...  He tried again and was surprised to see that his tug was a firm one.  Might as well, he thought as he jumped out on the cable and began to dangle.  Pulling himself up he could see himself catching ground on his opponet who was struggling up the railing toward the last remaining fighter which was a- TIE Fighter?  Crap...

He was over the railing and lassowing the railing above that so that he could begin a true climb upward at a rate destined only by his arms.  He was on an opposite railing from his opponent once again and he felt the adreneline pump as the race began.  To his far left was a bland white wall, roughly three hundred meters off while the hanger entrance was about fifty up with another twenty five to the TIE Fighter.  Crap- I'm not ganna make it...  Gotta speed this up more...  The other man was abou ten feet above him and thirteen feet across-so how long is this?  He felt the rope and his lasso as he decided on a whip to toss it across and meet his foe.  The loop swung around his head first but made contact with his shoulders, Shazam giving it a good tug, to force him to grip the railing.  Without any warning, the commander jumped from the wall and used the remnant pilot as an anchor to swing him toward the opposite railing, then pull himself up.  All the while the remnant pilot struggled to hold on while attempting to purge himself of the aggressor.  Within a five seconds he was to the man and giving him a good set of punches to the left ribs, the man just struggling to keep hold now.  Grabbing the man's shoulders, he pulled himself over and across to bring him to a set of bars slightly higher.  The man latched out now that Shazam was off of him, onto his leg and took hold.  Shazam dropped a bar and landed both of his feet into the chest of the man, forcing him to tumble downward, the loop release its hold on his shoulders and making itself snug around the mans neck as the other end caught on the railing.  It unwound steadilly until it was quiet and tant, a sharp whipping sound letting Shazam know that his enemy was no more... 

That's four thousand... He thought as the cloud cover disappeared and barren lands could be seen out the hanger...  He struggled up the last of the railing and grabbed hold of the wing array of the TIE Fighter, the entire side panel shaking violently along with the rest of the ship and platform as air-bumbs became wicked.  The commander let go of the railing as he dangled helpless form the lurching TIE Fighter, slowly pulling himself around the array so he could sit on it as he found the hatch release on the cockpit.  He couldn't hear that comforting hiss, but he felt the cool air flood out toward him as he stuck a leg in and gave it some weight so he could leap into the gaping hole.  Darkness enveloped him as he ran down the side of his consoles, smashing a couple of buttons as he closed the hatch and didn't take even a second to look for the corpse of his former enemy.  Inside the fighter things seemed to quiet down, although its hull was constantly shifting and vibrating.  Although he'd rather have not, Shazam strapped himself in as he found his bearing in the pilot's seat, using his feet to keep him from falling toward the left side.  His chest unable to move, he peeled his legs back and began latching them in, his left hand activating the ship all the while, bringing the repulsors to life and looking for the claw detachment assembly.  Wow- its been a long time since I've flown one of these... 

"This is Nazgul One- how we doin out there?" He asked as he flipped the in-cockpit com switch to on- he'd lost his helmet in his TIE Advanced... 

"We lost Twelve, but I think everyone else is okay..." Art said, apparently breathing a sigh of relief for the safety of his own life as well as Shazam's.  "Where are you- I don't see you..."

"I'm not out yet..." Shazam said calmly as he completed the leg straps and clicked the disengage as the claws bent back and released the TIE Fighter sideways. 

"You're not out yet?" he practically yelled as Shazam felt his craft lurch forward.  He'd had the throttle up before he'd let himself go apparently so that he wouldn't go smashign into the railing or other hook emplacements.  He was still going sideways, but the initial shove had brough him out into the open of the hanger.  Still free-falling his pressed gently on the right pedal, rotating the ship so that he could see out the hanger.  The rear sensors went crazy as the distance between him and the damaged fighters against the back wall closed at full velocity.  Satisfied with his angle, Shazam kicked the throttle up to feel himself become useless, pushed into the back of the seat as the craft switched direction.  He felt like he was on a runway at the walls flew past in streaks of grey and white, the hanger exit moving slightly though.  We're starting to spin... he realized as he tried to correct the course of the craft at high speed. 

"Now I'm out..." he said, the hanger shaking and warping in as the platform hit the ground, flames erupting form its sides as the fuel tanks finally met their match.  "Next objective..."

(Thought I'd match Darius's jetpack )

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited July 19, 2006 12:53:32 AM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  259
July 19, 2006 11:59:29 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
OOC: I`ll assume that was before my last post, correct?

BIC:

"Alright, here we go." Darius said as flight two began its run on one of the turrets. Green bolts blazed towards the mettalic grey structure, which fired back red bolts of its own. It managed to score a hit on Jran`s shields, but aside from that no hits were made on the Nazgulians.

The tower would shoot out little bursts of flame where the bolts made contact, but no real damage was done aside from superficial stuff.

"Alright, we`ve made our run, time for you flight Three." Jen told Trevor as her flight pulledup and around, avoiding turret fire and swinging back in to prepair for their next run.

"Gotcha 5, we`re starting our run now." Trevor stated, as flight three formed up around him, Jack on his left and Atrick on his right. "Alright boys, here`s what we know, this thing is pretty well defended against bolts. Try missiles." He commanded as he armed his first missile and began to get a lock as the turret began to swivel towards them.

"Alright, watch it, its going to open up on us soon." Jack warned them as Trevor finally got a lock. Atrick began the countdown, and at 3 all of them launched their missiles simutaniously, before pulling off to the left to avoid any shots the tower would make on them.

The three missiles made contact, but not enough to bring the tower down. Flight one was now making their run.

"Alright guys and girl, Flight Three almost got rid of it for us, so lets finish it off. I`m going to hang back on this one. Being in this thing unshielded makes me feel nervous." Shazam told them, reminding Trevor that he was infact flying an unshielded Interceptor now insted of his advanced.

"Copy that." Tokijin and Art said in unicion as they began their run. Tokijin had gotten her lock first, which surprised Art slightly, but lately Tokijin surprising people wasn`t new. Alot of the pilots had began to underestimate her ablities because of how quiet she normally was during a fight. She rarely announced her kills, and did so quietly when she did. Now that she had been put into Flight One, she had become more vocal though, announcing kills and missile locks and such.

The two fired their missiles one after the other before pulling up and off, the cannon following them while Shazam, pulled in and dummy fired a missile at it, knocking the rotating part clean off its gears.

"Nice shot one!" Jen commended him as her group pulled up and away. They still had another turret to worry about, as well as the missile platform, control tower, and the palace in the center. They hadn`t figured out why it was there yet, but it had to be for good reason.

*** In the Palace ***

Terry was pacing back and forth near a large crystal window, while Prim sat on a leather couch watching him. Terry would occasionaly glance outside the window and then snap his head back to look at the floor while he continued to pace.

"Look alright? We can handle this without Gara-gara." Prim told him, standing up from the couch and walking over to him. He put his hand on Terry`s shoulder, causing him to jump.

"Don`t do that. We`ve got a squadron of high-grade VE pilots attacking us, and we are pretty much defensless. They are taking out our turrets as we speak, and as we said before when we launched those missiles, we don`t have any fighters left in reserves." Terry told him as he spun around on his heel to look the other man in the face. It was true, Nazgul had totaly depleted their fighter sources, and there was now only a fighter and a shuttle in the underground hangerof the palace.

"Well, then we make a break for it. We can escape to one of the other fortresses anywhere on the planet, and take them on from there." Prim told him matter-of-factly, as if nothing was going wrong. He strode to the doorway with Terry on his heels, headed for the lift.

"You really think we can escape?" Terry asked as he pressed the down button on the platinum plated lift doorframe. The palace was truly a work of art, with rare metals coating every metal surface, and wooden accents everywhere.

"I believe we can." Was Prim`s only reply as he stepped into the lift, Terry entering behind him and standing at his side.

OOC: Alright, here we go....I`m moving stuff along fairly fast, I know, but someone can have us take out the other turret and the missile platform, and then maybe start launching missiles at the palace. Don`t have them try to escape yet, Art or I will do that.

-----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1419
July 20, 2006 8:41:19 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Go TALLY!

-----------------------

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  260
July 20, 2006 8:10:57 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Ok, we`re going to take out that missile platform now insted of later. It looks as if they are trying to launch something, presumably at the Righteous" Shazam noted, the platform now their primary objective. It was about 50 meters long with 5 holes in the duracrete, and a few small buildings placed about it to monitor all the small details that could not be monitered from the command tower.

Nazgul formed up in a staggered formation, with each fighter about 20 meters from the nearest one, to help make them harder to be hit by the turret, which was still firering continuously, although slowly.

"Here we go, Flight One making our run now." Shazam said over the comm as he began his attack run, followed loosly by Tokijin and Art.

"I`ve got a lock, One." Tokijin stated over the comm, sounding much more relaxed and ready for anything. Normaly she was much more resurved and quiet over the comm, but being moved to flight one seemed to have given her more confidence.

She probably thinks that being in Flight One means she is a better pilot, or amoungst better pilots. While I could agree with the last one, most of our other flights have some pretty darn good pilots too, and the way I see it, being in this squadron, you have to be good. Trevor though to himself as he caught her confiermation over the comm. Just hopefully she doesn`t get too full of herself and get herself kileld trying something stupid. Boosted confidence is good, but arrogence isn`t.

"I`ve got a lock too, ready One." Art confiremed as well. It was now that Trevor realized just how fast he thought during a battle. He had thought all of that in less than 5 seconds, but it had seemed like a good minute. That, or Art was getting slower at getting locks. Trevor couldn`t tell which it was though, because his timepeice had broken at some point during the day.

"Alright, ready...Fire." Shazam said calmly as he dropped his missile, which went streaking off with a thin trail of blue behind it, followed closely by Tokijin`s and Art`s. Flight one banked off to the left, allowing for Flight two to come in and make their run. Flight one`s missiles had done a decent amount of damage, but Flight Two or Three would put the platform totaly out of commision.

"Alright, making our run now." Jen said as her and her squadron came in fast, cannons blazing as they flew over top of the platform, each fighter dummyfirering a missile onto the platform. Someone`s missile had managed to make contact with one of the ground-to-air missiles in the launch tubes, causing it to detonate, the explosion reaching far enough to detonate the one next to it. This chain reaction pretty much finished off the platform, with Flight Three having to bank or pull up to avoid the flying shrapnel and minor explosions.

"Damn Jen!" Trevor exclaimed with a laugh. "Next time remind me to keep more space between my flight and yours." He said jokingly as his flight re-group, and began a run on the remaining turret, while Flight one was working on the command tower.

"Alright, I will." She chimmed in merrily as her flight began an attack run on the palace.

What the hell was that?!" Prim asked as he hit the floor. The whole lift had been shaken hard enough to knock him off his feet. He slowly pulled himself up by the nadium plated railing and looked a Terry, who mearly shruged.

"I`m not sure, but it couldn`t have been good." Terry said as he checked the lift`s distance until the basement. A look of horror mixed with anger came across his face, and he then took a step back and leaned against the wall. His breathing had increased, and Prim couldn`t tell if he was mad or scared by the way he was acting.

"What?" Prim asked, hoping that it wasn`t what he had been thinking. They attacked us and some how took out the lifts.... He thought to himself as he bagan to check the lift for some way out. Terry shook his head and walked over to the panel, pressing the 'Open Door' button. As the doors slid open, he was met by solid duracrete.

"Yeah, they broke it..." He said quietly as he pressed th edoor close button. When he turned around, he almost had a second heart attack. Prim was nowhere in sight, and Terry was now confused and starting to panic. "Where did you go? Prim? Don`t do this, you said you were going to get me out of here, you can`t just Leave me!" He had started yelling, but stopped when Prim poked his head down through a hole in the lift roof tiles.

"C`mon, get up here, I`m going to get us out of here." Prim said, holding out his hand to help pull Terry up. As soon as Terry could pull himself up, Prim stopped and sat back, his legs crossed, the main support cable in front of him. Terry looked at him oddly and started to speak.

"What are we going to do? It will take forever to climb down there." Terry said, looking over the edge of the lift, down the shaft.

"Don`t worry," Prim said, reaching into his pocket. "I`m going to get us down there, and we won`t have to climb. And don`t worry..." He said, pausing as he pulled a black handled Vibro-blade out of his pocket. "It will be fast."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited July 20, 2006 8:11:29 PM)]
Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  50
Total Posts:  258
July 21, 2006 2:06:50 AM    View the profile of Tokijin 
"I've got a lock, One" Tokijin sounded surprised at how calm her own voice sounded. At first she had been really nervous about being put into flight one, and Nazgul 2 had always been Art.

She felt someone more qualified should be where she was. But it didn't take her too long to figure that there was nothing she could do about it and being nervous about it wasn't helping anyone.

Either way being in flight one had boost her confidence and she was glad for that.

She followed behind Shaz and Art while Jen and her flight had taken out the rest of the platform. They were already heading toward the tower.

Shaz fell behind Art and Toki and they began to work on the tower. Toki smiled when she heard a not-so-distant boom.
Bye-bye platform.

She and Art had been circling the tower, him going clockwise and her going counter.They began locking onto the tower when it started doing something weird.

Toward it's base, two small hidden turrets popped out of the ground and began firing at them.

"Ah crap, didn't see those coming." Toki wasn't too happy about that. The turrets were faster than the first one's they had faced. They seemed to be smarter too. A few seconds or of the turrets playing with them and Toki sensed that something wasn't right. She looked off to the side and realized she was on fire.

"Ah frick! Guys, I'm on fire and its getting close to the cockpit." Wind or fire surrpresion system would be helpful right about now. Appartently luck wasn't on her side.

Thoughts of dying here flashed through her mind. She wasn't ready to die. They had all defied death so many times already. She would miss so much and all because of a stupid freaking turret. She loved the navy and then she knew death would have to wait for another day.

"I'm gonna have to eject! I'll go find something and see you all later!"
"Becareful Toki!" Shaz called out before she pressed the eject button. One last thing she did before she got out was aim her fighter right around the base of the tower. She began her short desension to the ground. She landed quickly and began a race to the palace.
"Bad luck just loves me doesn't it?"

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

SC/FM Tokijin/Nazgul 7/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Denfensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)

~ Tokijin ~
[This message has been edited by Tokijin (edited July 21, 2006 2:10:38 AM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  262
July 21, 2006 4:18:34 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Woah!" Shazam said over the comm as Tokijin`s fighter struck the tower`s base, resulting in a large explosion and the Tower began to toppel over, bring brick and debries down with it. "Keep out of that mess Toki, we`ve lost enough pilots already." He warned her.

She could be sprint across the ground below, looking for some way to get out of danger and back into the air. As of now, no hanger was in sight anywhere, thus no way for her to find a new fighter.

"Alright people, try to find a way for her to get back into the air." Shazam ordered. He wasn`t totaly sure what he ment by that, but it had somehting to do with finding a speeder or a fighter or something so she could at least get out of the battle and be picked up later.

Trevor`s flight had no finished off the final turret, and had turned to go make their attack on the palace. Jen`s flight was already bombarding it with missiles and cannons, but it didn`t seem to be doing a whole lot. They had been working over one side of the building, which appeared to be armoured or shielded.

"Alrightr Flight two, we`re going to take the other side of the building." Trevor informed Jen as his flight ripped past hers to the other side of the building, where they began their bombardment with the remianing missiles.

One of Trevor`s managed to make good contact with a weak point in the wall and blow a huge chunk out of it, big enolugh to fly a fighter through.

"Hey Toki," Trevor said over the comm, hoping she still had hers. "We got a hole in the wll for you to go in through. I have a hunch there is a hanger in here." Trevor informed her, before getting cut-off by Art.

"What makes you think that? For all you know you could be sending her in there to die." Art told him, and Trevor had toadmit he had a point, but He had one as well.

"Possibly, but if you feel like that, I`ll land and go in with her. Besides, where would they land ships that have to be used to transport people too and from this outpost. I`m sure someone important lives in there." Trevor told Art, before continuing. "And they probably have a personal ship of some type."

"Fine, you might be right. But you should go in with her." Art said, sounding slightly defeated. Before Trevor could answer though, the sound of hand-held blaster fire came in over the comm, followed by Tokijin`s voice.

"Guys, guys. I`m inside already." She said, sounding calm and nervous at the same time. "They have some guards, but nothing to difficult."

She was standing inside a long hallway with the bodies of two dead guards down at one end, and a live on shooting at her from the other. She had ducked inside a doorway to use as cover, while firering back with her blaster pistol. A red tracer flew across infront of her face, and she felt as if she could feel the heat from it. Jumping out from behind the hallway, she fired two shots at the man, both which made contact to his chest, dropping him like a rock.

"Alright, now I just need to find my way to the hanger." She said over the comm as she looked around the room she had dove into earlier for something to help her find her way. It appeared to be a guard lounge of some type, with a gun locker in one corner, and a row of hooks on the other, each of which held a key card for a specific room or identification purposes. There as a closet on one side of the room which held unifmorms and helmets, and a bathroom next to it.

"I`ve got an idea..." She said to herself quietly as she opened the door and grabbed a uniform and helmet, as well as one of the identification keycards.

Stepping out of the bathroom a moment later was Tokijin, dressed as one of the guards, her flight suit under her arm. She tossd it into the back of the closet and grabbed a rifle out of the gun locker before exiting the room. She randomly choose to go left down the hallway, and soon found herself at another crossroads. The building shook as a few more missiles hit it, causing the roof ahead of her to collapse.

She ran up to it and looked for a way over or around, but when none was found she sprinted back down the corridor, past the guard lounge where she was before and back down the right side of the hallway.

Skidding around the corner, she ran into another guard and knocked the both of them down, and went sliding across the floor. The man she knocked down got up and offered to help her up. She stood up by herself though, and without even thinking about it, asked where the hanger was.

"Uh, go left up there and then down the two sets of stairs. You must be new around here." He told her, pointing down the hallway which she was headed down and she nodded, replying -

"Yeah, just started a few minutes ago." Beofre sprinting off down the hallway. The guard who she had talked to laughed, thinking it was a joke, as if she had started just today or something.

"Any sign of two?" Jen asked as her flight looped around once more, begining another run. They had succesfully put a large whole in the side of the building,. but it refused to collapse. This was probably good with Tokijin still inside, but It might be bad if she got out and they still couldn`t take it down.

"Nope, not yet. Not on this side." Trevor replied as he scanned the ground quickly for someone. No one was outside though, as everyone in side the palace was scrambling, trying to find the best place to hide where they could live. Flight One had joined in now, and was firering missiles at the roof of the building, which seemed to be much more effective than at the sides.

"Nothing up here, but I think we found ourselves a luxury suite." Shazam said as he peered through a hole in the roof before the room below burst into flame as a missile found its way inside. If anyone had been in there, they wern`t anymore.

"Nazgul, take it easy out there..." Tokijin said into her comm as she was knocked from her feet once more by an earthquake like shaking. She pulled herself up and praticalt jumped down the last set of 10 stairs, landing in a catlike position on the ground and launching through the doors of the hanger.

"I found the hanger, but there isn`t much here. Just a fighter and a shuttle." She said, noting how the hanger was devoid of any soldiers, although it did have a few techs scrambling to fix various systems that ran through the hanger.

"Take the shuttle." Shazam said, sounding as if he knew exactly what he was doing. She raised the comm to her mouth, about to reply when one of the techs grabbe dher arm and started dragging her towards the shuttle.

"Are you part of Moff Terry or Moff Prim`s personal security?" The short man asked her, pushing her towards the boarding ramp of the shuttle. Before she could answer, he continued on. "They havn`t arrived yet, and you`re the first security for them to show up. Here, get in the shuttle, they`ll be lifting off soon." He said, giving her a final shove part way up the ramp.

"I guess I`m taking the shuttle." She said as she ran up the ramp and tossed herself into the pilot`s seat of the shuttle. The building rocked once more, and after a moment or two, she flicked on the unit`s comm.

"This is Security shuttle One, requesting liftoff." She said, taking a wild guess at the code name for the shuttle.

"I didn`t see Prim and Terry board, did they?" The command asked, as Toki hit the button to lift the boaridng ramp up.

"Yeah, they got on right after me. C`mon, lets go." She said, trying to sound worried and impatient at the same time. It helped that she truthfully was both of those things at the moment.

"Alright, give us a minute, we`ve got to open the hanger door." The deep male voice said over the comm, and shortly after he finished saying it, the roof ahead of her slowly started to spread apart. Part of the hanger went out from underneith the palace, and from the sky it looked as if the ground were opening up.

Terry almost jumped out of his skin when Prim pulled out the vibro-blade. "You really plan to cut the cable and just sned us dropping?" He asked, almost ready to reach out and tackle Prim to take the knife away.

"Of course not. You`re going to go down into the car and find the 'emergancy stop' button. It will apply the brakes on these wheels." He said, poitning out the wheels on each corner of the lift, which were held tightly against the shaft walls. "Its pressure sensative, so the harder you press, the more the brakes will be applied. You`ll have tolower us slowly though." Prim explained as he pulled the shethe off his vibro blade and held it at the ready.

Terry jumped down through the paneling and wiped his forehead with his hand, then called up to Prim.

"Alright, I found it, I`m ready." He said, sounding more nervous then ever.

"Here we go!" Prim hollered as he made one swift movement of his arm, severing the main cable.

-----------------------
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  265
July 23, 2006 5:04:39 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
The lift had started dropping at an amazing speed, but slowed down as Terry pressed with all his might against the emergancy stop button. It had been deisgned as a pressure sentative button so that if someone got trapped in a falling lift, they could use the brakes to get themselvs down to a certain floor, insted of being stuck and having to wait for a repair crew to find them.

Prim dropped down through the missing panel in the lift roof, followed by a shower of sparks, and watched the numbers lit up above the door drop slowly. Finally the letter 'B' was lit up and Terry pressed the button in hard enough for it to lock itself, and Prim hit the button to open the doors.

As the pair of moffs stepped out into the hanger, one of the techs turned to look who had arrived at the lift and then rushed towards the control room.

"What was that all about?" Terry asked as they started towards the shuttle. The hanger bay doors were open all the way now, and before they could reach the shuttle the engines fired up and it began making its exit. Prim shouted to the nearest tech -

"Whats going on?! Close the hanger bay doors, don`t let them get away!" with increasing volume, as the tech ran towards the control room, following his counterpart who had started running their before. Apperently that previous tech had seen what was going on and had explained quickly, the hanger doors starting to slide shut before the second tech had even reached the room.

Prim had grabbed a wrench from a nearby workbench and had thrown it at the shuttle, but missed horribly and was now fuming, trying to figure out what to do. The bay doors were closing, but the shuttle was almost out by now.

"Uh oh..." Tokijin said to herself as the bay doors ahead of her began closing. She wasn`t ging to fit through, and if she did, it was going to be very close. She had managed to get the cockpit and front area of the shuttle out of the doors, but as before she could celebrate she heard a sickening crunch and the sound of tearing metal.

"What was that?" She asked over the comm, quickly checking the shuttles systems over to see if she could tell what had happened. She was scanning through the outer damage check when she realized what had happened. The hanger doors had closed just enough that when the wings of the shuttle tried to fit through, they didn`t, and just ended up sheering off at the contact points where the doors had met the wings.

"Yeah Toki, you`re missing half a wing on each side. You think you can fly that?" Trevor asked as his flight made another pass, dropping a few more missiles into the side of the building.

"I think so." She replied, sounding somewhat unsure. The majority of pilots wouldn`t be able to or wouldn`t want to fly a craft that was damaged in the way Tokijin`s shuttle was, but she stuck with it anyways. "Its a little difficult to steer, but not incredibly hard o0r anything. I don`t want to be stuck in this long though, so the sooner we finish this up..." She started, but was cut off by Shazam.

"Don`t worry Two, we`re just wrapping stuff up here. We`re going to take out this palace, and then I think we`ll be having to go back and re-fuel." He said, checking his own gauge, which was now reading on the low end.

"Yeah, but how did we go through so much fuel?" Jen asked, and the rest of Nazgul began to wonder the same thing. They hadn`t been flying nearly long enough to drain their fuel, yet the guages for almost everyone showed that they would have to re-fuel shortly.

"I think it has somehting to do with the density of this atmosphere." Dairus said, flicking his fuel guage before continuing on. "The atmosphere is thicker than what we are used ot, and it causes us to burn more fuel to keep up our high speeds."

"Seems logical." Art replied, himself looking at the guage a little bit worriedly. They didn`t have much fuel left, and the building seemed to have hardly moved. Sure, they had put some holes in it, but not apperent structural damage that could cause it to collapse.

Terry had slumped against the wall, wincing with every explosion that shook the building. Occasionaly a tile would fall from the hanger roof, or a chunk of stone used to build that actual building, which gave it much of its strength.

"What are we going to do? There is no way we can escape now." Terry said, his head burried in his hands as if he was trying to think of a wonderful escape plan, but nothing came to his mind.

"I`m not sure..." Prim said as he dissapeared into a changing room, a small black something under his arm that he had picked up from one of the nearby tables.

"Yeah, well, We`re going to die, thats what. Maybe we should have called in Gara-Gara for help." He said, sounding reluctant even as he said it. Prim could be heard moving around in the changroom before he reappeared in a tight black flightsuit with a shiny black helmet under his arm.

"No, I refuse to let them win that easily, and calling in Gara-Gara would have showed weakness. This situation can still be delt with if we can make our way to the other side of the planet." He said, sounding very calm. He had started walking towards the only remaining fighter in the hanger.

Terry took a moment before catching on to what was going on, and immiediatly sprang up from his position to chase after Prim. Getting close enough, Terry made a leap and wraped his arms around his neck, bringing the two of them to the ground. For a moment, Terry was on top of the scuffle, throwing a pair of punches at Prim, before Prim managed to push Terry off of him. Terry landed with a loud thud on the ground, and his ribs were met by a few kicks from Prim`s combat boot, before Prim sprinted off and climbed into the TIE, closing the hatch behind him.

Terry slowly sat up, anger and pain filling his eyes as he clutched his ribs. Prim had dropped the TIE from its holding claw and quickly shot out of the hanger. Moments later, another missile struck the building, this one making its wayt deep enough in to cause the destruction of a main support beam.

This beam had held up the floor above it, which crashed down onto the next floor. The force of this was enough to cause that level to collapse, and so on, until the cieling of the hanger was hit by the plummeting pile of stone and debries. Terry looked up and let out a cry as the cieling above him crashed down around him. No one heard his screams though, the crashing of the building loud enough to drown out his hollars of pain until they ceased, which was quite quickly, his body being crushed just seconds after the rubble had hit him.

-----------------------
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  268
July 24, 2006 8:44:16 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Alright, Art, you and me are going to escort Toki up to the Righteous So she can get out of that shuttle before it dies on her." Shazam ordered as he broke away from the squadron in his TIE interceptor, followed by Art. Tokijin was already headed upwards and away from the decemated outpost.

"Holy Crap, where`d that come from?" Jen exclaimed as a TIE Interceptor flew out of the hanger, followed by a billowing cloud of dust and rubble that had been tossed into the air when the building collapsed.

"I`m not sure, but if he`s going for help, we damn well better stop him." Trevor said as Flight three formed up next to Flight two. 7 on 1 would be a little bit one sided, but at least it wouldn`t be all that risky.

"Who wants to do the honors?" Jack asked as he arm his final missile, and began searching for a lock. He wasn`t really waiting for an answer, but if someone managed to get a missile off before him, he wouldn`t mind to much.

"Go for it." Trevor said, sitting back in his seat and taking a deep breath insted of hurredly fiddling with any knobs or dials.

I swear, I`ve lost 10 pounds this flight...Its really damn hot without that coolent in here... Trevor said as he took off a glove, wiping his hand on his flight suit to get the sweat off before pulling the glove back on. He made a bit of a face when he discovered that the glove had soaked through, making it like wearing a wet towel on his hand.

"Ugh..." He said alloud, not nessicarily into the comm or not, but just as a general response to sliding his hand into a sopping wet glove.

"Whats wrong Trev, the heat getting to you?" Jen asked, remember that he had melted a coolent line on his fighter. She also noted that at the level they were flying at, the air tempurature around them was pushing 45* Celsuis.

"Nah, I don` t think so..." He said, trailing off. The heat inside the cockpit of his fighter had reached a broiling 50*, making it incredibly hot. "Little dehydrated, but we`re almost done, so I should be good." He continued.

"This is Nazgul 11, firering now." Jack cut in as he launched his final missile towards the escaping Interceptor. The enemy pilot made some desperate attempts to escape, but the Nazgulians had been too close for them to be of any effect.

The missile made contact with the unshielded fighter, ripping it apart and sending debries everywhere. Jack let out a small 'whoop', which Trevor thought didn`t seem much like him but didn`t really pay much attention to it. That, in his mind, was one of the last fighters they would have to deal with.

"Alright people," Jen started, swinging her fighter up and around, pointing it in the direction of where Shazam and Art and toki were dissapearing to. "Lets get out of here. We don`t wanna run out of fuel or anything."

"I agree with that." Jack said, followed up by a simple 'yup' from Trevor and a 'uh huh' From Atrick. The whole of Flights Two and Three angled their fighters towards the 'escaping' Flight One, hoping to get out of the thick atmosphere before their fuel ran out. Trevor was personally afraid he would succumb to heat exhastion before thta were to happen.

-----------------------
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  278
July 25, 2006 11:12:09 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor reahced up with both hands to hold his head steady. He had been shaking horribly the last few seconds and felt as if he was going to throw up. Reaching down with one hand, he undid the helmet and pulled it off. He quickly undid his seatbelt and leaned off to the side, becoming sick all over the floor of the craft. Moments later a smell of burning appeared in the fighter, almost enough to bring him to puke again.

"Shaz, I`m getting pretty bad, this heat is getting to me....I feel cold now." Trevor said, beginning to shivver. He was begining to suffer very badly from the heat of his fighter`s cockpit.

"Don`t worry man, hold it together for another couple of minutes, we`re going to be out of the atmosphere soon, then your fighter will cool down a bit." Shazam assured him, followed by a back up 'uh huh' from Art, who was flying along side Toki`s shuttle.

"Alright, I`ll do my best." Trevor said, wobbling slightly and dropping back a little bit from his flight, incasehis flying became erratic. He didn`t want to take one of them out because of his own stupid mistake early on into the battle.

"Alright people, if we run into any trouble, I want flight Three to escort Trevor and Tokijin to the Righteous while Flights one and two cover them." Shazam ordered as they broke through the atmosphere, Trevor`s fighter cooling slightly right away as some of the heat from the cockpit was sucked out by the cold of space.

He could see the Righteous waiting ahead of them, looking to him like a saviour out to rescue the wayward band of pilots. For a moment, he thought he was going to be fine from the heat, but then just as quickly, found himself throwing up again.

I feel sorry for the tech who cleans this... He thought to himself weakly as they neared the Righteous. They were given landing permission right away, and Tokijin piloted her broken down shuttle into the hanger, landing it skillfully on the polished black floor, followed closly by Trevor who somehow managed to get his fighter docked on the claw, only bumping into a couple of walkways as he made the attempt.

The hatch popped and he slowly pulled himself up before collapsing on the walkway, a pair of tehc surshing over and kneeling beside the downed pilot.

"Quick, we need a medic over here, this guys in trouble!" He could hear one of them shouting before he slipped out of consiousness. The last thing he saw before blacking out was the last of Nazgul landing their crafts and getting out, most rushing over to where he had fallen.

*** An hour or two later ***

Trevor awoke and found himself lying in the medical wing, a small tube stuck in his arm dripping some sort of medicine into him. His vision was blurred, but as he looked around he could make out the distinct shapes of people, at least two, sitting around him.

He reached up and rubbed his eyes with the hand without the tube in it before sitting up. It took him a second to realize who was sitting on either side of his bed. Tokijin was on his left, and Shazam on his right. Tokijin had been fiddling with her sleeve and hadn`t noticed Trevor had woken up, but Shazam had been watching, and quietly smiled when Trevor sat up.

"Good to see you`re awake. The medics said the heat got you pretty badly." Shazam said calmly, as if nothing had gone wrong at all. The sound of his voice caught Toki`s attention, and she noticed Trevor had woken up. She quickly reached over nad gave him a hug.

Trevor was somewhat startled and gave Shazam a look of confusion, but all he got back was a shrug and a silent chuckle. Tokijin let go and drew herself back.

"Next time, don`t be stupid." She said, leaning back into her chair and crossing her arms, frowning at him but not breaking eye contact.

"I have to agree with her Trevor, staying in there like that wasn`t very smart. If you had passed out during combat, you woulda been gone." Shazam said, now sounding serious insted of calm and easy-going. He pulled a small datapad out of his pocket and set it on the small table next to Trevor`s bed. "The medic said you`ll be in here for a few days, so we went ahead andhad the debreifing. Its recorded on there, view it when you`re ready." Shazam instructed before standing up and turning to leave.

"Uh, Shaz?" Trevor started, and the commander turned to look at him. "How long was I out for?" He asked, pushing his hand through his hair and proping himself up on his elbows in the bed.

"You were coming up on 2 days. Something like 40 hours." Shazam said with a shrug before exiting the private room.

"And how are you?" He asked, suddnely changing his focus from The closed door to Tokijin.

"I`m fine, but I was a little worried." She admitted, leaning back in the chair and stretching her legs out under the bed.

"Ah...I see..." Trevor said, somewhat lost for words. He was still trying to get his thoughts straightened out.

OOC: Woot! 4 in a row for me.

-----------------------
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  281
July 26, 2006 10:00:17 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
"Yeah, so what happened out there, why`d you pass out?" Tokijin asked as she handed him a glassof water that was sitting on the table, just out of his reach. He took a sip before answering, then set the glass back on the table.

"I lost a coolent hose and overheated by the time we got back. I threw up twice in the fighter." He explained quickly, not really wanting to talk about his stupid move, even to her.

It was pretty stupid. Sure, it worked, but at what cost? I was flying at 10 percent the whole time after that, and damn near killed myself." He thought to himself as he leaned back in the bed, which had been pushed up so that he was in a reclined sitting position.

"Well, at least you`re alright. I had a bit of a brush with death too you know." She said, leaning back in her chair also and putting her feet up on the bed. Trevor momentarily eyed the datapad that Shazam had left for him, but changed his mind from looking at it to paying attention to Tokijin.

"Really, I know you crashed your fighter, but what else?" Trevor asked, wondering if he had missed anything. Maybe in his heat-induced sickness he had missed some major event or something. He remembered bringing that palace down, but aside from that not alot was in his mind.

"Running around on the ground wasn`t all that fun. And I almost got crushed by a hanger door while stealing that shuttle." She said, sounding almost angry about it. "whoever suggested to take the shuttle wasnt that smart."

"Yeah, but we prevented all those people from escaping. You did good, trust me." Trevor re-assured her. Now I remember...She damn near ripped the wings off of that shuttle. She was pretty damn lucky she didn`t get finished off right there...I`m pretty damn lucky she didn`t get finished off right there... He thought to himself before she could speak again. What?

"Maybe, but still....I was on the ground." She said in a mocking angry tone, as if pilots were supposed to use their legs for pushing the rudder pedals and nothing else.

"Yeah, thats usually where I end up..." Trevor said with a weak laugh. Either he was getting tired, or the painkillers were wearing off. A minute ortwo after Shazam had left, a medic came in and told Trevor he had been given painkillers to help with the minor burns that corver his arms and chest that had been caused by the hot fabric touching him. Apperently, some had even melted to his skin, resulting in them having to cut it off. He was left with minor burn marks and some bandaging covering his injured wounds, but it wasn`t amazingly painful, even without painkillers. The painkillers wearing off was just making him somewhat tired.

"As if we hadn`t noticed! You`ve probably got the most fighter crashes for all of Nazgul since you joined." Toki said with a laugh as she went to punch him in the arm but changed her mind as she noticed the bandaging on it. She stopped for a moment before speaking again. "You really don`t look that good. You had me pretty scared, you know that?" She said slowly, her voice sounding awfully soft.

"Yeah..I`m sorry, it won`t happen again." He said, sounding pretty bad about it. He felt pretty bad about it, scaring her and the rest of the squadron like that. Next time he`d head back to thehanger and get a new fighter if he could, or steal one if he had to. He wasn`t going to risk anything like that again.

Tokijin took her feet off the bed and leaned forward, hugging Trevor once more. Trevor returned the hug and she then broke the embrace by moving away and sitting up straight.

"I`ve got to go..I need some sleep. I`ve been sitting here waiting for you to come `round for most of those 40 something hours." She said weakly, grinning slightly. "I`m probably going to sleep for a whole day. See you when you get out." She said as she stood up and headed for the door, giving a quick wave before walking out of it and closing it behind her.

I guess I should take a look at this breifing... Trevor said as he reached over and picked up the datapad. He was about to activate it, but insted tossed it back onto the table. Nah, it can wait... He thought as he leaned back and began to think about what had just happened a few moments ago.

-----------------------
Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  52
July 26, 2006 10:44:33 PM    View the profile of Tokijin 
"Nazgul take it easy out there!" Toki just fell down again. Nazgul was shaking it up pretty good. It was hard to keep her footing and it would be nice to be able to get out before the whole place fell down on top of her. She jumped down a flight of stairs and went farther down the flight than she thought she would. She landed with a buzzing feeling in her feet but ignored it and bounded into the hanger.

"I found the hanger, but there isn't much here. Just a fighter and a shuttle." She stood catching her breath and was glad not many people could get in her way. Techs were just scrambling around, taking multitasking to the max.

"Take the shuttle." Shaz's voice sounded and she trusted him enough to do it, but in the current situation she didn't want to do that. She was about to argue but a tech decided other things.

"Are you part of Moff Terry or Moff Prim`s personal security?" A small tech assumed as he pushed her towards the ramp of the shuttle. Ok that was easy enough. "They haven't arrived yet and you're the first security to show up. Here, get in the shuttle. They'll be lifting off soon." He gave her one last push but he didn't have to tell her twice. 

"I guess I`m taking the shuttle." She said as she ran up the ramp and tossed herself into the pilot`s seat of the shuttle. The building rocked once more, and after a moment or two, she flicked on the unit`s comm.

"This is Security shuttle One, requesting liftoff." She said, taking a wild guess at the code name for the shuttle.

"I didn`t see Prim and Terry board, did they?" The command asked, as Toki hit the button to lift the boaridng ramp up. She didn't have time for that

"Yeah, they got on right after me. C`mon, lets go." She said, trying to sound worried and impatient at the same time. It helped that she truthful of both of those things at the moment.

"Alright, give us a minute, we`ve got to open the hanger door." The deep male voice said over the comm, and shortly after he finished saying it, the roof ahead of her slowly started to spread apart. Part of the hanger went out from underneath the palace, and from the sky it looked as if the ground were opening up.

"Here we go." She whispered to herself but as the doors finished opening, the began to close.
"Uh oh." She knew it was now or never and she picked now. She began to go up and out but she was being slowed and heard the shocking and sickening sound of tearing metal. She shuddered and hoped she would make it.

"What was that?" Toki close her eyes for a moment in hope that the news wouldn't be so bad.

"Yeah Toki, you're missing half a wing on each side. You think you can fly that?" Trevor asked as his flight made another pass, dropping a few more missiles into the side of the building.

"I think so." She replied, sounding somewhat unsure. The majority of pilots wouldn`t be able to or wouldn`t want to fly a craft that was damaged in the way Tokijin`s shuttle was, but she stuck with it anyways. This sucks. "Its a little difficult to steer, but not incredibly hard or anything. I don`t want to be stuck in this long though, so the sooner we finish this up..." She stopped herself to hear of other news.

"Don`t worry Two, we`re just wrapping stuff up here. We`re going to take out this palace, and then I think we`ll be having to go back and re-fuel." He said and that gave Toki a little confidence.

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

~ Tokijin ~
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Cadet

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  284
July 26, 2006 10:58:03 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor finally decided to activate the breifing holo that Shazam had left him. He setit on his knees and turned it on, allowing it to warm up for a second before playing the recording. It fuzzed at first, but then cleared up to show the same man who had given them their breifing giving them a debreifing.

"Now Nazgul, as you all know..." The breifing started off, And Trevor knew that he wasn`t going to pay attention. He rarely did, and if he found out afterwards that they were going to be going on a follow up mission and a few details wer ementioned in the debreifing, he`d go and review a recording to make sure he understood what was going on.

I wonder what Toki ment by all of that stuff...I dunno...It could be alot of things I suppose. Maybe she was just worried about losing a friend...Or maybe she was worried that if I left, she wouldn`t have hardly anyone else left in the squadron whom she would be close to... He thought to himself as the recording drowned on, saying something about the police platform falling to the ground being a bit of a disgrace. Or, maybe she decided that she would be losing someone very special to her, and therefore was very worried. I kinda hope its that last one... He continued thinking.

"And as for that palace, well, we finally got confermation on who had been living their." The debreifer said as Trevor finally clicked back in to the current going ons on the holo.

"It was the residence of moffs Terry and Prim. There was a third who was uspposed to be living there, but reports show that he was no longer there as of today, having been away in a different system." The debreifer said as a few screens behind him displayed different pictures that were hard to make out.

"We presume that the stolen shuttle was their planned escape, although we also believe that the lone Interceptor that was destroyed at the end of the mission belonged to them as well, and chances were that one of them was flying it." The man continued. It was now that Trevor started to tune out again.

So we killed off a pair of moffs eh? I guess that puts us somewhere pretyt high on the Remenents most wanted list. Oh well, the can get us if they want to try. He thought to himself as the holo carried on, droning longer and longer.

"Oh, and before I go," The man said as he stepped back up to the podium, having stepped down a moment before, "Nazgul is in for a vacation shortly. I hope you will all be ready for it. I can`t tell you the exact location yet, but I will let you know this. Pack for warm weather." He said, to which a small cheer went out around the breifing room.

"Ah, I guess thats good enough for me. Time for sleep." Trevor said to himself as he shut off the holo and tosse dit aside, leaning back on the bed and closing his eyes.

-----------------------
Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  54
July 27, 2006 11:56:23 PM    View the profile of Tokijin 
(Just putting down a post i didn't get to put up last night that i had already written.)

Toki was glad to hear that she would get an escort but she wasn't gonna wait till they caught up with her before she started.

Seconds before they reached the atmosphere, Toki heard that Trevor was having a hard time with the heat. Come on Trev, just a little further. The Righteous was in their sights and they were aloud to land. Toki quickly but carefully put down the shuttle and pressed the ramp button as she unbuckled herself and ran down the ramp before it had finished coming down.

Toki had started running toward the small group that huddled around Trevor as she heard "Quick, we need a medic over here! This guy's in trouble!"

She had been waiting in Trevor's room for a while and Shaz soon came in to join her.
"Hey are you gonna get any sleep here soon?" Shaz sat down on the opposite side of his bed and looked at her with concern. Toki held back a yawn and shook her head. She had followed the medics and Trevor into his room and only left for food.

Ever since they had left the hanger Toki was worrying herself to death. The medics told her he would be ok but that didn't ease her fears.

Shaz looked at her and sat back in his chair. It didn't take long after Shaz came in before Trevor woke up. She heard Shaz move around in his chair but didn't look up because she had started to fiddle with her sleeve, pulling at some loose strings.

"Good to see you`re awake. The medics said the heat got you pretty badly." Toki heard Shaz speak and looked up excitedly. She reached over and gave him a slight hug not wanting to touch any of his wounds.  She leg go and sat back in her chair.

"Next time, don`t be stupid." She said, leaning back into her chair and crossing her arms, frowning at him but not breaking eye contact. She had realized that she was angry at him for being so reckless but she smiled quickly as the angry vanished and changed into joy at the fact that he was alive.

"I have to agree with her Trevor, staying in there like that wasn`t very smart. If you had passed out during combat, you woulda been gone." Shazam said, now sounding serious insted of calm and easy-going. He pulled a small data pad out of his pocket and set it on the small table next to Trevor`s bed. Toki realized she had missed the briefing. She forgot she had even bothered to go."The medic said you`ll be in here for a few days, so we went ahead and had the debreifing. Its recorded on there, view it when you`re ready." Shazam instructed before standing up and turning to leave.

"Uh, Shaz?" Trevor started, and the commander turned to look at him. "How long was I out for?" He asked, pushing his hand through his hair and proping himself up on his elbows in the bed.

"You were coming up on 2 days. Something like 40 hours." Shazam said with a shrug before exiting the private room.

"And how are you?" He asked, suddenly changing his focus from the closed door to Tokijin.

"I`m fine, but I was a little worried." She admitted, leaning back in the chair and stretching her legs out under the bed. She didn't really want to explain anything at the moment. She realized she was tired.

"Ah...I see..." Trevor said, somewhat lost for words.

"Yeah, so what happened out there, why`d you pass out?" Tokijin asked as she handed him a glass of water that was sitting on the table, just out of his reach. He took a sip before answering, then set the glass back on the table. She looked at him intently, waiting for his answer.

"I lost a coolent hose and overheated by the time we got back. I threw up twice in the fighter." He explained quickly. Toki nodded as he layed back down.

"Well, at least you`re alright. I had a bit of a brush with death myself." She said.

"Really, I know you crashed your fighter, but what else?" Trevor asked her. She didn't mind explaining it.

"Running around on the ground wasn`t all that fun. And I almost got crushed by a hanger door while stealing that shuttle." She said. She was a little paranoid about that move. "whoever suggested to take the shuttle wasnt that smart."

"Yeah, but we prevented all those people from escaping. You did good, trust me." Trevor re-assured her.

"Maybe, but still....I was on the ground." She said in a mocking angry tone, as if pilots were supposed to use their legs for pushing the rudder pedals and nothing else. But she soon regretted her malice and calmed herself. Everything had turned alright and she had no other reason to be angry.

"Yeah, thats usually where I end up..." Trevor said with a weak laugh. Toki smiled.

"As if we hadn`t noticed! You`ve probably got the most fighter crashes for all of Nazgul since you joined." Toki said with a laugh as she went to punch him in the arm but changed her mind as she noticed the bandaging on it. She wanted to do nothing if it would hurt him more than he already was. She stopped for a moment before speaking again, thinking about her next words. "You really don`t look that good. You had me pretty scared, you know that?" She said slowly, her voice coming out in a whisper.

"Yeah..I`m sorry, it won`t happen again." He said, sounding pretty bad about it. She half-smiled taking her feet off the bed and leaned forward, hugging Trevor once more. Trevor returned the hug and she then broke the embrace by moving away and sitting up straight.

"I`ve got to go...I need some sleep. I`ve been sitting here waiting for you to come `round for most of those 40 something hours." She said weakly, grinning slightly not really wanting to go. "I`m probably going to sleep for a whole day. See you when you get out." She said laughing at herself as she stood up and headed for the door, giving a quick wave before walking out of it and closing it behind her.

She walked slowly but before she knew she had reached her room. She plopped down on her bed and pulled off her shoes. She sat there for a moment and realized she was crying. All the tears she had held back were all coming out now. She quickly whipped them away because there were no reason for tears. Everything was fine. She laughed at herself again and layed down, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

~ Tokijin ~
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2542
July 29, 2006 1:54:29 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam smiled inwardly, the planet they'd started on several hours before hand was waiting as it had when they'd left.  He'd been half-afraid that they'd show up in the middle of a fray with imperial-factions coming to assist their downed colleages, and was suddenly beyond relieved to see he would have to do no more fighting for that day... 

Everything looked sharp from space, but this planet looked like a watercoloring so its beauty was as unshakable as the beauties of various nebulas and occasional gravitational chunks he'd seen on his trips here and there...  The commander was also happy to be in his own quarters rather than having to approaching from an indivual jump vector.  This would have been done with the TIE Advanced fighters had they not been lacking so greatly in fuel and suffering battle damages that made such jumps dangerous.  Maybe they were being merciful... Shazam thought as he imagined having to ride back in the cramped cabin of the TIE class fighters, especially with the exhaustion everyone was probably feeling.  Shazam wouldn't have been able to jump individually anyways- TIE Interceptors were not equipped with hyperdrives as far as he knew and had it not been for the righteous...  Camping on a planet full of pissed off remnant soliders- my type of party...

Shazam's quarters were slightly above those he lived in when aboard the mSSD Atrus because the smaller ships had a lot more time to spend on quality.  Perhaps the Righteous had a sweet spot for commanders like himself as well- fighting for a place in the galaxy and all those mottos that had been a constant reminder of the service in those early recruitment days.  What Shazam could really appreciate was the view though- a perfectly clean and clear viewport taking up abouve half the width of the wall and only a foot off the ground and ceiling.

At first he just stood, allowing himself the pleasure of doing absolutely nothing.  But then he decided he could do one better, and grabbed the black leather chair with magnetic hemispheres attached to the bottom to keep it from detaching should the ship tip or invert.  It slid smoothly despite its adhesive bonds with the ground and came to rest in the center of the room, allowing him to sit and stare straight out the window as the Righteous began its atmospheric preperations.  There was a knock at the door that Shazam hardly noticed but answered a moment later with- "Come on in."

"Saluting the stars once again?"  A familier melo-dramatic voice filled the room, playing in his mind the image of vast space and its many mysteries. 

"Forgot where it is you were assigned once again?" Shazam queried, cocking a grin all the while as Jen went to the tip of his bed on the right hand side and stood looking out the window for a moment.

"Meh- I just got crap for a view is all...  And I think I lack the strength to return- it took everything in my power to bring myself here in the first place..."  She went limp into the bed suddenly, letting her face meet the pillow as some of the sheets exploded out from the sides. 

"Yea well- I think I'll just sit here for a while: maybe get some more sleep yet.  I'm just dreading having to tell those folks on the ground that they lost two of their ace pilots to random accidents..."  Shazam scratched his head softly and blinked a couple of times.  Catching up on sleep might be good after all...

"That sucks..." Jen added, her voice muffled through the pillow.  Shazam nodded and continued-

"I am totally not in the mood for a midnight salute- but if I must..."  After the death of a pilot there was always a pub run and stories were usually exchanged for hours while the men and/or women were glorified.  Shazam didn't especially like having to go to these things, but he owed the pilots at least that much and chances were he'd end up having a good time anyways.

"Indeed- you're our fearless leader after all...  Hey...  Are you alright?" Jen looked genuinelly worried as she looked up from the pillow, her red hair coming to rest against the soft white sheets and  cool, paper-like pillow case.

"Maybe I'm comin down with something..." He said absent mindedly although his eyes were still locked with the young womans.  What's she doing? Shazam didn't even know what to think as Jen casually became a quadraped and crawled up behind her commander as he lounged in the leather chair.  Shazam about panicked as he felt her hands squeeze his shoulders, realizing she was on her knees behind him.  He could smell her scent and thoughts he'd long forgotten arose once again.  Ah yes- the girl next door... And then he felt excellent all of the sudden, as if all the cares in the world were just floating away on a tide of clear, tranquil water. 

"Lemme know if I need to stop..." she said quietly as Shazam began to unwind.  I haven't had a back-rub in years...  Wow...  She started at his neck and gradually worked her way out to the shoulders, then back in to work both deltoid muscles in silence. 

After about twenty minutes of very patient and careful massaging Shazam said quietly, almost to himself- "Jeese- Marry me..." To which Jen chuckled and said-

"But then how would we play the game...?"  Whoa- so there's a game?  I knew there was a game...  "Actually- I need to be going anyways...  They wanted at least one officer on the bridge before we started the landing procedures- I might as well try to get back into the grove...  "  She released her hands from his back and climbed to her feet, turning to leave.

"My offer is still on the table- come back any time!" Shazam said, his spirits lifted slightly although he still felt tired. 

"Sure thing- I'll see you on the ground.  Vacation starts now, btw...  Enjoy!" She smiled and winked playfully as she left and clicked the access to throw the door back into its rightful position and seperate the commander from the rest of the universe once again.  Best get to it then...

(OOC: Great story guys- wish I could have gotten a couple of other things in there, but it looks like you ended it pretty well there.  I'll have a story up and ready to go by tomarrow hopefully- if not that, then early Sunday.  Either way, I'd like to have it complete and ready to go by the end of the weekend- feel free to post your own closure here, btw.  I just did because I haven't written in a weekand I thought I'd try to address a few minor things.  Anywho- I'm really proud of you guys and I'd really like to have easier goin fun now.  Rock On!)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > ESC: Nazgul Squadron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:59:00 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 90  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >