ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2787
Total Posts:  3245
  RE: Nazgul: M2, Narshadda
November 20, 2005 5:43:17 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack got out of the speeder and prepared his mechanical arm's built-in blaster. He had recently asked his astromech droid, R2-X7, to fit his super battle droid arm with a synthflesh covering for concealing it during missions.

Today, he put in out and carefully made sure it stayed in place no matter what, so, in case they were imprisoned, they would have a sure way out.

Jack looked up at the building above him. There were many of Rebels inside the building, no doubt. They would break in and complete their objective and get out of there. It would be risky and their lives were at stake, but, like any other campaign against the enemy, it had to be done.

Quickly checking over his blaster and making sure it worked properly, he glanced at the other members of Nazgul and gave them a simple nod to show that he was ready.

They gathered up their weapons - blasters, grenades, and so on - and began planning their strategy. They quickly came up with a good plan, and, leaving the speeders behind, prepared to break in to the enemy stronghold.

With one quick glance skyward, Jack scanned for the mysterious CloakShape, not to find it at all.

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Senior Chief Petty Officer Jack Nebulax, Nazgul Squadron, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:S]
Rep|Int/Rep Jack Nebulax/Rep: 4/Reporters-Interviewers/VE/VET
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
Jen Knight
ComNet Cadet

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  252
Total Posts:  317
November 20, 2005 6:37:08 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
*Before we meet up with Trevor*

Two small forms disappeared into the night as the streetlights flickered in darkness. Labored breaths rose like wraiths into the night air.

Jen and Toki had started sprinting towards the hanger. They were about seven blocks away now. Jen felt herself slow to a stop as Toki kept running ahead, not noticing her absence.

"Tokijin!" Her shout echoed off the metal buildings, bouncing back into Jen's ears.  Toki grimaced, and turned around slowly, running back to her drained comrade.

Tokijin came to a halt inches from her and looked down at Jen. "Sorry. I'm just not tired."

Knight had her hands on her knees, trying to keep up with her rapid breathing. All she could do was stare at the girl in disbelief. "How can you not be just a bit tired? We've been running for at least a half an hour now."

"Yeah, well, back on my home planet, all I did was swim. So you could say I'm in pretty good shape." Tokijin smirked, flexing her right arm.

Jen tried to shake her head, but it sent her into a swimming daze. She needed to sit down, white dots had already begun to cover her vision. "Toki, we need fire power and a plan." The only street light on the whole block hung above, its soft light caressing the jagged darkness. Jen watched in displeasure as its shimmering beam flickered and disappeared, launching the two into complete darkness. "This is just great. Toki where are you?"

"What? Where are you!?"

"I don't know..! Ouch&that was my foot! Stay where you are." Jen took tiny steps with her arms straight out in front of her, searching for the girl. Eventually, she caught hold of her hand. The darkness was sickening. All of Jen's other senses were coming alive now. Pollution and the smell of decomposing garbage hung high in the air of this city. Apparently, the smell had attracted some creatures here too, their movements now as loud as a ticking clock in a silent room. Glowing red eyes could be seen dancing off in the distance. She longed for the cleanliness of her own town.

Tokijin clutched on to the older officer's hand like a lost child. "We could rob someone else. I'm sure there are other bums around here. Or maybe even a store..?" Her suggestion was a risky one, but Jen considered it. It might be their only real choice if they wanted good weapons and lots of them. A small weapon store could work. They had seen at least four of them as they ran past, but actually robbing one successfully? Without having any weapons of their own? That might pose as a problem.

Tokijin knew what she was thinking. "We could always bluff."

Jen took a seat on the curb, pulling Toki down with her and stretched her legs into the street. "Mmmm how bout no. Maybe if you wanted to end up dead." Jen scratched her cheek in annoyance. "No, we need something better than that."

Tokijin stuck a hand in her pocket and poked her index finger forward. "Put 'em up! Put 'em up! You too you!" Toki spun around pointing her 'gun' at pretend enemies.

"You're not helpinggg!" Jen flailed out her arms rapidly. They needed an actual plan. There they were, two naval officers with no protection and no formal training in hand-to-hand combat stranded in complete darkness and all they had were their stinky trench coats. Having the smell of rotten garbage and old sweat so close to her body did not suit well with her.

Tokijin stopped as the light flashed back on and scrunched her nose in reply, "Sorry. Well, lets just go find a store or something first. That way we know what we know our surroundings. Stuff like that."

Jen nodded and they ran down the street again. A little while later they saw a small store. It was dimly lit and only one person was left standing behind the counter. They had started walking towards the store when a speeder landed not too far from them. The window rolled down and Trevor poked his head out.

"What the hell are you two doing here? And why the hell are you wearing those?" He exclaimed, pointing to the trench coats. For some reason he had a sudden urge to gag, bug just managed to control it, still making a face at the smell that had now filled the speeder.

"Trevor? What are you doing here? And where did you get that?" Jen asked, leaning into the window. This made the smell much worse, and Trevor couldn't control his gag reflex this time. He didn't throw up, but felt himself coming awfully close. "And don't ask about the coats."

"I lost Art and Shaz and Jack somewhere. Gladius is down, and last I heard, they were looking for you over the comm.  What are you doing here anyway." He replied, plugging his nose with one hand.

"Well, that surplus shop right there...It looks like it has a pretty good arsenal. And the way I see things, we could use some more firepower. I wouldn't consider stealing under extreme circumstances against policy." Jen said with a shrug, motioning to the building.

"It seems you have the same feeling about that stealing policy." Tokijin added, motioning to the speeder Trevor was sitting in.

"Hey," Trevor countered quickly, getting out of the speeder, and pulling his pistol from his belt. "This speeder was mine. The one the other's have isn't. Shall we do this now ladies?" He questioned, motioning to the store.

The three walked inside and as Trevor questioned the manager, Toki and Jen closed the curtains and switched the sign on the door from open to closed.

"He'll be out for a few hours. Come on Ladies, let's get moving. Toki, go grab the speeder and bring it around back. Jen and I will grab some stuff." He said, tossing Tokijin the keys to his speeder and then heading through the door the storekeeper had pointed to with Jen on his tail.

Tokijin started walking towards the door but faltered. She back tracked when she eyed can after beautiful can of air freshener. She walked over to the shelf and took two cans, slipping them into her pockets and headed out the door. She didn't think Trevor would like her stinking up his speeder and spent about two minutes spraying herself with the odor-killing spray. She then jumped into the speeder and drove it to the back of the store and hopped in the back, assuming Trevor would want to drive.

-----------------------
Jen Knight

As Darkness falls, Night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace...

Vast Empire Navy
XO/FL/PO1 Jen Knight/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B]
Darius
ComNet Initiate

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  196
Total Posts:  367
November 20, 2005 11:47:55 PM    View the profile of Darius 
With Baits being held at the "proper" authorities until he could retrieve him, Darius was on his own to finish what he started years ago, and what had unexpectedly risen.

He was in a higher quality part of the planet where the rich and  corrupt lived.  The buildings were well kept, and the streets were filled with more upright citizens, and less prostitutes and druggies, though, that doesn't mean the people in this sector didn't indulge on those options of satisfaction.

Before heading into the personal hanger, Darius had done a little research on the owner of his ship.  It was a gift from the young, selfish adult's father, who still lived off his money.  The family was humanoid, but the kid had a taste in young Twi'lek women, which is how Darius got his information.

He flipped the young, red woman ten credits and jetted up to the top of the short hanger.  He crept quietly to the edge of the open hanger door thats opening covered most of the ceiling.  Next, he circled the perimeter of the hanger until he found anything that had to do with powering the building.  He had found a transformer box on top that operated just the door.  He set a remote charge he had acquired at the near by police station on the delicate inards.

The next step was to steal the ship.  This he was unconcerned.  He was assuming the kid to be weak, and his bodyguards not to favor him as much as his father paid them.  He tied off to the transformer box and drop the short length of rope into the darkness.  He then dropped down into the hanger without making a sound.  With three hard tugs, the rope came undone and he coilded it back up and put it back into his pack.

There, in front of him, sat Jex's YT-2400 Corellian freighter.  The inside of the freighter was luxurious, crawling with service droids, a small private bar, its own fuel cache, and paint a bright red from the floor to the ceiling.  Darius counted about six, large body guards.  Three humans, a Bothan, a Rodian, and an extremely large Twi'lek.  Henry walked down the freighters ramp with two scantily clothed female Twi'leks in his arms, and a couple of pretty teenage human girls following closely behind.  He yelled at one of the guards, "did you ever get that safe open, I wanna know what's inside!"

"No boss, it's not that easy, and your father is refusing to hire a professional," replied the Rodian in a rough accented Basic.

"Bumbling fools, you are professionals, and you can't open a simple safe!  I've had the ship for a year, and I can't even use the personal safe onboard!  Put a charge to it, or something!"

The guards disreguarded him, fearing that they might kill him if they held onto their anger.  Darius chose his entrance to be now.

In a loud, but not shouting voice, he spoke in a his usual emotionless tone, "Ladies, you better get back on the ship, this isn't going to be pretty.  The guards and Henry looked startled and Darius stepped out of the shadows.  "I've come for my ship, and I'm not leaving without it."

Henry smiled, which wasn't what Darius thought he was going to do, but none the less, wasn't surprised, "my father bought this for me on an Imperial criminal auction.  I would hate to return this ship back to its criminal owner if he isn't going to use it for good."

"I never went to jail, but this ship is mine, and I'm going to take it.  Now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

Henry was now getting angry, and he happened to be the kind that swell up when perturbed.  He grew a couple inches and just a couple seconds, "it's my ship now!  My father bought it for me, and you're not going to threaten me in such a tone!  You're out numbered!"

"What tone?" Darius smartly replied, and drew his fixed E-11, aiming it at Henry.  The largest of the humans stepped up, blocking the shot.

"Kill him!" Henry shouted.  Five of the six drew their weapons and marched at Darius.  He sighed and threw an EMP at the advancing guards, hoping to render their weapons useless, but it backfired miserably.  The Bothan leapt forward, caught it, and deactivated it.  Quickly, he then set it again at one second, and threw it back at about 130 kph.  Darius was barely able to dodge it, but it didn't matter.  It went off by his head, and everything he had that was electronic short circuited and was useless.

He was suddenly blinded, and couldn't see out of his helmet.  Throwing his helmet off, he was going to run for cover, expecting to be shot.  He only stopped himself because the guards and holstered their blasters, and were marching toward him, like they had a only one mind.  "Take him alive!" shouted Henry.  "I want him to suffer for insulting me!"

Darius discarded all of the useless blasters and lasers, wrist rocket launcher, helmet, and other electronic devices, kicking them to the side.  He then stood in one of many combat forms he knew, and waited until he could smell the Rodian before acting.  With a flick of the wrist, one of the two humans advancing was dying, bleeding to death from a throwing knife to the jugular. 

The Twi'lek unfurled his lekku wrapped around his neck to reveal little spike balls at the ends.  Darius drew two of his Treppus vibroblades, and switched them on.  Lucky for him, their simple circuitry did allowed them to recover in a short period of time.  The Rodian charged first, and Darius dispatched him with ease, making his inards come out in an ugly, unpleasant ways.  The Rodian and the one human were the easiest of the bodyguards.

The next two to attack were the Bothan and the last advancing human.  He pulled out a lond, seraded sword, and the Bothan was attacking bare handed.  The man swung his sword downward vertically in a charge, and Darius' vibroblade cleanly cut through the flimsy, yet sharp metal.  He then jabbed at the Bothan, forcing him to step backwards and knocking him off balance.  The Twi'lek stood back and watched with a smile.

He turned his head to fight the human, and barely missed getting his head chopped clean off with the stubby sword.  He payed the price though.  The tip of the shortened bladed cut from his ear, to the corner of his eye, and into the eye.  He instantly lost the sight of his left eye, and he depth perception went with it.

The human brought the blade back for another pass at his neck.  Darius parried by shorten in the blade again, and then, countering with a swing of his own.  Not only had he shortened the blade, but he also shortened the man's right arm, at the elbow.  He dropped the stubbed sword with he left hand and grabbed the stub, screaming in pain. 

Blood was now pouring down his face from the sword wound, and the Bothan swung with a fist.  Darius tried to take his hand off at the wrist, but his lack of depth perception told him to swing to early, and he did.  It didn't matter though.  The fist found a layer of armor, a vest, clothing underneath, and Darius' titanium rib cage from Kessel.  He didn't even feel it, but the Bothan roared at his broken hand.  Darius stabbed, not exactly sure where the creatures heart was.  The Bothan forgot about his hand, and grabbed him by the throat with the good hand.  He stabbed again and the Bothan stepped back.  Stabbing the the general area of the last one and he finally killed the beast.  Then, he felt pitty for the one armed human, and dispatched him.

The Twi'lek slowly applauded at Dairus' courage and fight against the four.  "Well done punny human," he said in a deep voice.  "I underestimated you, and you could be of good use to my employer."

"Those days are over for me," he replied.  "I just want to leave with my ship, and you aren't going to stop me and live."

"Fiesty, I'll give you that," the Twi'lek said.  Darius didn't wait for him, to attack.  He threw three more throwing knives, but one missed, the other two were stopped by the Twi'lek's spinning lekku.

"Nice trick," Darius said.  He leapt into the spinning maw and shut it down in two stokes of his blades.  The apendages fell to the ground, and Darius gave him a chance to submit. 

The Twi'lek went down to his knees, looked up and said in a sorrowful voice, "you've bested me."

"Good," Darius replied and ended his misery.  "My ship please!" he yelled across the hanger to Henry.

"I still have a bodyguard standing!" he yelled back.

"Fine!" replied Darius.  He went to his pile of weapons and drew a single DL-44, checked it, and began to turn.  The remaining bodyguard drew his weapon and fired, hitting Darius in the abdomin.  It swelled, and he turned the laser sight on, while pretending to die.  Then he spun and fired, deleting the guard's face.  "You'll find me very hard to kill Henry.  And I don't, just don't like being shot!"  The swelled abdoming began to cease, and shrink.  He began to put everything he had taken off back on. 

Henry drew a small hold out blaster and took careful aim.  "Didn't I tell you I don't like being shot."  Henry didn't pay attention and shot, hitting him in the left shoulder.  It swelled as it had all of the previous shots had that night.  Darius drew and fired, still depending on the laser sight for accuracy.  The hold out blaster spun out of Henry's hand.  Henry shrank out of fear, returning to his normal size.  Darius causually walked over to him.

"Now, I'm going to take my ship, and you're going to pay your father for its loss.  And, don't forget the bodyguards.  They were good, but I've been trained to kill all my life, and I've lived a rough life and killed more people then you have hairs on your head.  So leave!"

The quivering young man stumbled away, but tried to be smart, and activated the closing sequence of the hanger doors before scrambling out of the hanger.  The remote was working, so he blew the transformer box, and the doors halted.

He walked up the ramp, and patted the wall while doing so.  While making his way to the cockpit, he came across the girls he had ordered onto the ship. 

"Please don't hurt us, we'll do anything," one of the humans teenagers.  Assuming that sex was the answer, they began to quickly undress, which didn't take long, since most were wearing up to two articles uf clothing.

"Get the hell off my ship!" he screamed at them, pointing to the exit.  They screamed in reply, redressed, which took even shorter than undressing, and ran passed him screaming.  He followed them out and shouted a little advice, "go home and beg for your parents forgiveness!  I'm sure they're ashamed of you more than I am!"

(This really doesn't have much to do with what the rest of the squadron is doing, but my personal story died a while ago, and it's not nearly far along enough to add this is, so I thought to needed to now what happened to ol' Darius.)

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke

-----------------------

FM/SCRW Darius Pursius/Nazgul 3-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1974
Total Posts:  4197
November 21, 2005 6:02:23 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam wasn't entirelly sure what weapon he had, but the familier feeling of a cold sliver of metal meeting his trigger finger sent a certain sensation up his arm.  He was ready for a battle, ground or air...  Whatever it was, the SC let the strap fall across his chest and the weapon point out the window, making sure the safety was on.

But then maybe it was the sensation of the speeder's controls now that it had a weapon lassoed to the side.  Shazam had to give his scavenger group credit, these weapons were something.  Maybe if they were imperial issue Shazam could have recognized them, but from what he thought was obvious, the peice of artillery to his left that had been duper taped to his door was an automatic three second burst weapon capable of shreading an infintry line.  Jack and Art carried a weapon similar to the E-11 but with a shorter barrel, giving it a snoutlike appearence; the rest of thier person was divided up amongst grenades of any kind as well as various smaller pistols that they didn't respect for some reason.  Shazam hadn't taken much from the pile yet...

Looming in the distance once again was a now nearly invisible NR base, a furious aura contained the hanger and Shazam knew that a fight was still raging.  Trevor was sticking close to the speeder's hindquarters and had the curiosity of a five year old, peaking his own speeder about like it was trying to see into the neighbor's yard; they too had attached a peice of artillery to the side of their vehicle.

The red of the speeder could no longer be differentiated and Shazam knew it was best to warn the troops in the hanger of thier coming arrival.  So, he gave a curt nod to Art who seemed to understand, switching his frequency to that of the insurgent team. 

"Does anyone copy..?  Delta?  Lulansk?"  The expression on his face told neither Jack or Shazam that he expected a return to the address, but it did not change when they did hear a reply. so again they distrusted his blank expressions.

"Can't talk, we are really busy..."  Not Lulansk Shazam noted, slowling down now that he was under two hundred meters from the hanger; he had to move to the left to avoid Trevor's lack of attention due to childhood curiosity undertaking him...

"Tell your men to move to the left side of the hanger...  Retreat back if you must, you have fire power within ten seconds..."  Art made sure to sound really factual and waited for his reply with baited breath, maybe to see if this voice was effective.

"Who is this?"  The voice didn't seem to beleive, but Art chose not to answer.  A moment passed but then a experimental tone rang out in the background...  "We need to pull back..!"

"What the hell are you doing?  Give up our position?"  This was Lulansk for sure...

"We've been given a direct order to pull back, we have back-up just outside..."  Shazam had just managed to locate the figure of Lulansk hunched over behind the decript Sentinal and abused pillars.  He couldn't hear the order, but Shazam was sure the time to strike was now as the firing squads received to their sides, the NR force jumping from thier position to pursue with little cover.  Shazam didn't quite understand what they were doing sending troops into the hornets nest in trench warfare, but then he understood as the troopers dropped and a mobile turret revealed itself within the foliage of dead bodies and decaying equipment. 

"LETS GO!"  Art abonded his commander voice and redied his weapon as Shazam jumped the throttle and rushed the hanger as as a line of red scorched the decapitated landing craft and already scorched supports.  It couldn't have taken more than a few seconds before they were there, because that funny sensation that had been dismissed earlier returned in full force as if it had never gone.  Shazam slowed to a halt at the entrance of the hanger bay and let it side steap across the width of the room.  Shazam clicked his finger against the left control expecting a blast to ring about but realized he had no inside trigger.  He glanced sideways just as the turret was disengaged from its locked status, the gunner was trying pull back or turn the barrel to meet the speeder.

Shazam stuck his arm out the window and felt through the tape hole that Trevor had arbitrarilly constructed and knew he had his finger on the trigger; was Shazam becoming more comfortable in the amorphous circumstances..?  Maybe...

"That's the CRAP!"  Shazam shouted as the speeder shook with the commencment of the explosive gun fire.  Trevor hadn't quite slowed as Shazam had decided and instead went through the closing gab to truly enter the hanger bay, not wasting any time on laying out his own line of fire.  Thats when the grenades came out...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Darius
ComNet Initiate

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  197
November 21, 2005 10:56:28 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius was about to scream in anguish, which was not something he chose to do often.  That little spoiled shit hadn't taken care of Jex's ship, and now it was nowhere near the capability it use to be at.  He claimed a couple droids from the hanger, and forced them to clean the engine and drain the power core and refill it.  Fortunately, the hyperdrive was in good condition, because Darius couldn't remember how to maintain the highly modified, and unoriginal piece of equipment.  (Of course, there wasn't much that had remained of the original ship)  He assumed that making contact with it would put him in a trance, but he didn't have time for that.

A sensor alarm went off in his helmet, he had company.  Running to the cockpit, he checked the log and discover that the anti-personel turret had never been used by Henry, so that was one less thing he had to fix.  Several beings that appeared to be bountry hunters, peaked through the doorway.  Darius didn't hesitate, or show mercy, and dropped two of them, thanking that he was able to use the computer screen.  His left eye was still missing, though not literally. 

He set the turret to a motion setting at the doorway, and discovered that the droids had finished their jobs, though he was a paranoid man, so he inspected ever part of the ship before dismissing all of them, and by dismissing them meant that he shot them to pieces.

Then he set the full security system on the ship, and exited through the roof, and snuck away from the prowlers below.

He was very near to where Layren lived, and to test her dedication, he would go to the very same apartment, and if she didn't live there, or was with another man, he would simply leave, not revealing who he really was.

In fifteen minutes, he was standing in the exact hallway he had a few years ago.  He didn't change, and hadn't even tended to he eye yet.  His face was stiff from the dry, crusted blooded that had stuck to his face.  He hid it with his visor.  Marching, he counted until he found her room. 

An old man came around the corner, and he looked at Darius, pondered his appearance, and said, "you gonna visit that there lady sir?"

"She's an old friend of mine," he said in his normal tone, muffled by his helmet also.

"Ohhh, sure!" he said with sarcasm, "I highly doubt that.  You be careful, she's a little fiesty, if you know what I mean."  The old man chuckled to himself, and left Darius in piece.  He turned and knocked on the door without hesitation.

He stood there, was seemed like minutes, but was only about fifteen seconds.  The door suddenly whipped open, and Darius was shot three times in the chest, and his armor just took the blows, and swelled.  He had been pushed back against the wall and was now sitting.  Layren was hovering over him, blaster drawn.

"Why do I keep getting shot?" Darius muttered in pain.  After that many lucky shots to the chest, one would start to feel sore to.

"Who are you?" Layren demanded.

"Someone you made a promise to a couple years ago, in this very same building," he replied, not even attempting to get up.

Her mouth dropped, but she remained silent.  Her blaster was now quivering, but it remained firmly trained on him.  He took his helmet off, revealing a bloodied, almost unrecognizable face.

Tears well up in her eyes and she dropped her blaster and fell to her knees.  "Oh no, I've killed you," she sobbed.

"I'm harder to kill then you think," he replied back, letting emotion run back to his mouth, but having to hold back a cough.  He took off the swelled vest, and then popped the helmet off.  She gasped and demanded he go into her apartment immediatly.  He managed to crawl, perhaps suffering from a collapsed lung, and she had disapeared into what Darius had remembered to be the bathroom.

The apartment that he'd seen years ago had gone through some drastic changes.  It was now beautifully furnished, and the crimson carpet was now covered with beautiful furniture.  "I like what you've done with the place," he coughed, this time accented with blood.  She came back with a medical kit, and a small medical droid.

She then had him carried by the droid to the refresher, and he was undressed to his thinsuit, unarmed, and he felt uncomfortable without a weapon on his body.  The droid analyzed his condition and reported that the his left lung had sustained some bruising, but was otherwise fine.  His gash hadn't been tended to fast enough to eliminate scarring, which he didn't mind, but he eye was unrepairable.  It started scanning the socket, and it started name off measures. 

"What's that for?" he questioned.

She smiled and answered, "you're not going to be a one-eyed pirate as long as I'm around."

He smiled back, and said, "I love you."  Saying it had felt like the most honest and true thing he had ever done in his life.

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke

-----------------------

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  69
Total Posts:  860
November 22, 2005 6:26:48 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
***before we arrive***

Trevor was helping tape some weapons onto the side of each speeder. He wasn`t totaly sure how well the tape would hold up againstthe kickback from the weapon, but was sure it would be fine for the few uses the weapons would get. They had limited rounds, and the way they were attatched to the side, they wouldn`t be being re-loaded.

While everyone had started grabbing personal weapons, Trevor had staked out two personal things right when they got them. One was a very simple looking blaster pistol. Trevor couldn`t stand a rifle, and had always favored pistol shooting, and he was better at it. The second was somthing Trevor fell in love with the second he saw it. It was a Vibro-switchblade. A beautiful knife, with a black acrylic handle. The knife itself was only 16 inches fully opened, but it opened in a split second, and he knew it would come in handy. They were illegal in alot of places all over the galaxy, but in Nar Shadda, you can get damn near anything if you look hard enough. He had found it in a small box in the shop, which had been labeled 'stun grenades'.

They had just finished taping two guns to the side of Shazam`s speeder, and Jen was helping Toki attatch a rocket launcher to Trevor`s speeder. Trevor was sitting on the hood of the speeder, flicking the blade of his new knife in and out.

A few moments later, Shazam, Art, and Jack were speeding away from them.

"Ah shit! Lets go Ladies!." Trevor hollered, jumping through the window of the car. Tokijin jumped in the back seat, and Jen ran around behind the car, slamming the trunk, and jumped into the passanger seat. They sped off after the others, and got close enough to see Shaz fire one of the weapons on the side of the speeder into the hanger, at what could barely be recognized as a anti-person turret. Trevor grabbed a gun out from under his seat, and rested it on the mirror next to the door, on the outside of the speeder.

The weapon he had pulled was a belt-fed Shotgun. It was a fully automatic weapon, which fired small jaggedy pieces of metal insted of energy bolts. He fired off a few rounds at some NR troops before the kick of the gun knocked the mirror off the speeder.

"Dammit! Here Jen, you try this one." He said, handing her the gun. Toki had opened the sunroof of the car and was firering at some NR troops with her pistol. Trevor had his arm and head stuck out the window, occasionally swearing at his bad aim, or when a lucky NR troop hit his car with a blaster bolt.

A look of fear suddendly appeared in Trevor`s eyes.

"Shit! Get out, get out, get out of the damn speeder now!" He yelled, pushing Jen out the passanger door, and Toki followed suit very quickly, not wanting to get pushed around. Trevor then skillyfully climbed out of the driver side window, and ran for cover behind some dumpsters. Just as he dived behind the dumpsters, a well placed rocket hit the windshield of the speeder. With all the exlposive ammo inside the vehicle, its explosion was probebly three or four times what it should have been.

"You dick! You blew up my speeder!" Trevor yelled, knowing the trooper wouldn`t hear him. Trevor took aim with his pistol, and found the only NR trooper visible who had a rocket launcher. He took careful aim and squeezed the triggar three times quickly, hitting the troop right in the chest each time.

"Damn right..." Trevor said, trailing off as he picked up a piece of the dashboard that had blown towards him. He turned it over, and saw his initials carved into it. He slipped the chunck of slightly melted plastic into his pocket, and crept closer to Shazam`s speeder.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 3(1-3)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1978
November 22, 2005 10:42:33 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The red speeder was now pulling into the hanger as the NR troops felt pressure from the antierior of their formation.  Did they seriously expect to take down a group of speeders with artillery attatched to them?  Maybe, but not with troopers.  Or did they?  Shazam felt the heat rise in him as he noticed Trevor's totaled speeder, turning his head just after he felt everythign beneath him tremble just a little.

For the most part, he'd blown away the crap cover the NR had been using as their base of hide and seek, so he to ascribe some of his 'success' to the now useless gun to his left.  The chamber clicked as if trying to hiss a last death threat as the gun went dry and Shazam knew it was time to go old fashioned gungho style.  Without being gungho of course...

Shazam slid the speeder into the middle of the hornets nest, which was currenlty pretty calm, and popped open his door while forcing the speeder to rest on the actual surface of the hanger bay.  Art and Jack looked a little surprised but then piled out as the NR fire finally began.  Shazam kept himself hidden behind the speeder as he readied what looked to be some kind of heavy blaster and checked for his duel pistols.  How had he gotten the second one back?  Didn't he give it to Art?  He shook his head concious of his memory lapse and wondered if he was a forgetful person... 

The Imperial fire begun to spring up as some of the NR troops decided they'd creep up over the raming cover they had and try to take the speeder for their own operations. Shazam, Art, and Jack bent lower to reassure themselves of protection from the NR as well as their own troops..

"Don't suppose you mind if I..."  Jack seemed satisfied with whatever he was doing, so Shazam didn't question when a blast rang out near them and a weapon was dropped.  "They should have grabbed more cartridges for the hand guns..."

"Yup..."  Art was ready now and was trying to signal to Lulansk for some cover as he pointed to far right pillar, still hidden behind the speeder.  Unfortunetly, Art wasn't using 'military' hand signals and began to express a slightly elaborate plan when Shazam noticed what he was doing.

"Just use the com man..."  Now Shazam gave a quick tap to the side of his weapon as if activating its magical powers...  Satisfied, he waved over his head for cover fire and turned so that his back was facing the Imperial retreat.  He first slipped the weapon over the hood of the speeder, testing the water with the tip of his mental toes...  Not too cold...  Good, he thought and jumped in. 

Throwing his head over the hood and being careful not to go flying into the line of fire erupting from behind him, he began to take careful aim at the illuminated collumns.  Two X-wings were sufficient cover as well as some of the supports, but three more X-wings that had been devestated by either the Imperial insurgents or the speeder fire remained with a few NR troops hiding about them.  Excellent, my type of game.  Easy, that is...

He gave a test shot into the pile of parts and felt the recoil was a little strong, but it satisfied him and gave him that thrill to fire again.  This time he took careful aim and potshotted the edge of a downed panel, probably from the fuselage as it appeared to be covered in foamish covering used to construct it.  Or was it gel?  Why am I questioning myself so much today?  Shazam lifted his eyebrow at the last question as if it were the ultimate and most important, all the while realizing his target.  YES!  A peice of grey cloth...  Oh yes, that would do...  He clasped his finger around the trigger and felt his own presence with it, becoming one with the weapon in that awesome way only people with hobbies could know.  Then Jack tapped him on the arm, totally breaking his concentration just before he got the guts to actually pull the trigger back.

"Art needs cover fire..."

"Fine..."  Shazam re-focused his eyes to see the masses of debris defused within the other half of the battle field and let loose.  He smiled gingerly as he did so, not sure if he was enjoying it or losing his soul to it.  Maybe this is why people joined the Army?  he thought.  As he held the trigger down for the proper burst time and did not hear the words of his good friend Henson over the com.  It would be a mystery for atleast a half hour. 

Art sprang up and wasted no time reaching the pillar, a brave NR trooper revealing his position as he tried to take one of the 'easy' shots... 

"Where's my grappling hook?"  Jack yelled into Shazam's ear as he waited for just a moment, letting the barrel cool.  It also deafened him...

"THERE!" he screamed back, almost abnoxiously.  Art was dropping his head to the right to see into the NR pit...  Five places to hide.  One grappling hook...  He took his chances and shot the magnetic clasp at the X-wing wreckage, three crouched figures behind it,  The actual peice of metal at the end of the 'hand' never even bounced, it simply clung to one strong peice of the skeleton and awaited a good tug.  Yes.  A good tug.  Art brought his head back to face his allies, he was smiling as he was directly next to the oppening to the hanger bay.

The wind picked up ferociously as he leaned toward the cool night air and felt around for retracting door.  That is, the emergency door...  The door in this hanger had three sliding doors, triggered by an alarm and a the closing mechanism.  Instead of shutting regular doors, it bypassed them and went to the security ones...

The handle end of the grappler felt around one of the lock crevices and was comfortable as Art now stood, still barely covered by the pilar.  But wait...  No switch...  Not here anyways...  That would be in the Hanger control booth...  Which is dominated and behind enemy lines.  He smiled an ironic smile and then sat, planning.

(That door is basically like the one at the beggining of Episode III when they knock out the sheild and the sliding doors come out to close out the space.  Hopefully the writing wasn't too incoherant...)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2800
November 23, 2005 8:27:45 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(During Shazam's post...)

As the enemy fire began, Jack crouched down beside the speeder, readying his built-in blasters. When he made sure they were operational, Jack began firing shots in the direction of the enemy, getting one enemy right away while wounding another.

Shazam was busy himself, and Jack hated to interrupt him. "Don't suppose you'd mind if..." Suddenly, Jack was interrupted by a loud blast. He didn't even bother to try again. He knew that Shazam wouldn't mind.

Jack started firing more, this time holding a small blaster in his left hand. He shot at the enemy a few more times before taking a quick glance in Art's direction. He needed some cover.

"Art needs some cover fire," Jack said to his commander.

"Fine..." came Shazam's reply.

They kept firing at the enemy, blaster bolt after blaster bolt. Jack didn't score any hits, but he was just trying to give the others cover fire while they took care of the situation.

It was then Jack realized that his grappling hook was missing. He quick searched a little before yelling, "Where's my grappling hook?" into Shazam's ear.

He was obviously a little ticked off with Jack constantly talking, as Jack could tell by his response.

Wow, Jack thought, it seems almost every mission of ours ends up putting us in an Army situation. Maybe I should start getting Army training soon.

Meanwhile, Art had fired the grappling hook onto the wreckage of a X-wing. He pulled himself to the opening of the hangar bay, with the three emergency doors closed tight.

Once everyone was situated, Jack yelled, "Time for a good plan."

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

Senior Chief Petty Officer Jack Nebulax, Nazgul Squadron, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:S]
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  71
November 23, 2005 6:03:25 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had sat on the ground and was leaning against the red speeder when it suddendly pulled away. He toppeled over backward, and fired off a shot into the air, towards the building. It must have hit some glass, as right after a bunch of shards fell on the ground near the hanger. He jumped up, and spotted Jen and Toki next to him, apperently trying to hide giggles about what he had just done.

He ran over to the wreckage of the speeder, and started digging through it for anything else that may have been useful. He started digging faster when he heard more gunfir then normal, and some shouting about a grappling hook. He pushed what was left of the hood aside, and his hand met a long, black metal case. He busted off the locks, and flipped it open.

Geez..This thing is awsome! I don`t remember grabbing this though...hopefully Shazam or someone knows how to set it up. He thought to himself as he ran his hand along the barrel of a tri-pod mounted repeater rifle. He closed the case and stood up, then grabbed a few grenades that somehow managed not to explode, and rammed them into his pockets. He sprinted off towards the hanger, not sure whether or not Jen and toki were following. He dived accross the short gap between the edge of the hanger and the red speeder parked in the middle, and slide to a stop next to Shazam.

"About time you joined us." Shazam said, with a small grin on his face. He looked like he was enjoying himself, but Trevor couldn`t tell.

"Yeah, I just had to find some stuff." Trevor replied, pulling a grenade out and pulling the pin. He tossed it blindly over the speeder. He heard it go off in one of the corners, and a loud scream followed it.

"Whatcha bring us?" Shazam spoke again, pointing to the long black case.

Trevor flicked it open, and pulled out the barrel of the rifle, followed by the tri-pod, then everything else. "O, nothing much..Just a repeater rifle."

Shazam simply smiled, and quickly started to help assemble the weapon, occasionly firering over his shoulder at the NR troops. They finished assembling it when Jen and Toki arrived, making the same diving manuever that Trevor had.

They both had weapons, and Jen busted out the driver side window, and using a shot to the passanger window, broke it out to, allowing her to shoot through the gap.

Trevor was just figuring out how to load the rifle when a large explosion erupted nearby. It moved the speeder a few inches, and knocked Trevor over backwards, again. He got up and took a few shots with his blaster before pushing the rifle into position, and ramming a cartridge into the ammo slot thingy.

"You wanna do the honours?" He yelled to Shazam as another blast went off, closer then the last oen this time.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited November 23, 2005 6:04:28 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1980
November 23, 2005 9:48:39 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam could swore he'd just stepped out of a heavy jacket as he realized what the heavy box contained.  Why it was big guns made him feel more secure was remarkably inscrutable, but the irony made him feel something like that all the same so he just shrugged and helped Trevor construct it with a few random shots. 

As the gun was being placed on his haunches, Art had managed to run past the group of NR troops praying for safe passage behind the wrecked X-wing.  Directly to right was the opening control room's stairwell; the lift was on the other side...

He jumped over the slight rise in the metal fram and met the floor harshley, feeling as if the slightest miscalculation could land him head first into a guard rail.  The thought was erased from his mind as he knew he needed to be worrying about those doors or his master plan would fail, and maybe this wasn't part of the original conception, but it would do.  Gotta learn to improvise, he remembered Shazam saying as if it was the first time the idea had ever been introduced.

Art climbed up the stairwell in an animal style, hands and legs flailing to go up the two flights, the uppermost one partically darkened by heavy turret fire.  He felt a chill run down his back as he suddenly stopped at the end of the last staircase, a quiet gaping hole in front of him.  What darkness lay ahead seemed to jump something into his head, as if warning him to keep away without going into a detailed preminition.  But he made up his mind and decided to eliminate whatever fear he had by bursting though the aura of nothingness surrounding the blown away hatch.  As he leapt through the opening he felt that he truly had been scared of nothing, but then he looked left and could tell he was only just above the enemy.  Then there was some shouting, and the sound of footsteps in the staircase below.  Art's head flung in the direction of the noise and recognized a downed array.  Don't wanna trap myself, but I'll need something to block myself from the blast...

The entire upper-half of the hanger control room was actually missing and there was a warm breeze circulating in the upper area of the large room, welcoming Art to do something.  Shazam could see his freind moving about hastilly in the upper level as he reached the final step in the gun's construction.  There was a strong blast that reverberated comfortably within the walls of the hanger bay and Shazam knew that Art had decided to use his grenades. 

"You wanna do the honours?" Trevor had the gun against his chest while the tripod was sprawled out towards Shazam who seemed to think the words couldn't have come at a better time.  He nodded fervently and held the legs in place as Trevor lifted it, a breif moment of complete vunerability ensued.  It was maybe another blessing that Art had more than one grenade on him as he tossed them over the balcony he'd now begun to think of as his base of opperations.  The troops flung themselves behind various pillars to cover thier faces from both heat and shrapnel. 

The gun stopped abruptly and stood tall, as if to say, " Lets rock..."  At the same time the blast had faded away and only dull blaster fire remained.  In the back of his head, Shazam knew that they were not brave or incredible for jumping to the front of the Army's line, but rather arrogant and maybe breaking the rules of combat.  But oh well, he wasn't dead yet, so he'd hope for the best if he made it out.

Shazam stood up as Trevor dropped back down and the NR troops re-adjusted themselves, jumping behind their barricades in preparation for the artillery fire.  But maybe they should have made more of an effort to capture the one above them as a grown sounded in the room and deafed anyone without a helmet.  A moment into the howl there was a sound of metal slamming into metal and it made Shazam hesitate with the weapon, like it was his cue.  Then the door began to slide.

The downed X-wing that three NR troops had positioned themselves behind, the ones to the direct left of the control room door, was thrown from its resting point and began to travel down the lenght of the room.  It was too quick to keep up with and the three troops were thrown to the ground without any lean-to.  Shazam felt all the honor go out of himself as he began to fire upon the stranded troops.  What was fair anymore though, he thought, and let the cheering from behind as well as above fill his head as he blasted the three men.  That leaves the question...  How many are left?

We'll figure out soon, he thought and began to aim towards the other X-wings and pillars.  Thats when the grenades came out.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Darius
ComNet Initiate

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  199
November 24, 2005 2:01:30 AM    View the profile of Darius 
(leaping into the future, I don't really have anything else to write about, but this is just some personal new bio information of my character.)

Darius and Layren had learned a great deal about each other in the next few days.  Darius had two eyes again, because Layren was a successful doctor at the nearby hospital.  Years ago, she had just been an intern med student, thus the lack of furniture when they had first met.  Now, she was mildly wealthy, but not well favored for her very protective manner outside of the hospital.  After Darius had left years ago, the next morning, she had gone out and took various self-defense and shooting classes.  Never again had she been kidnapped, or almost raped.  And, on several occasions, killed.  Being a doctor to rich people can get you into good places, and out of bad places.

Though, the hardest part of the whole meeting was him telling her everthing thing he could remember from his past, and why he never came back.  This had only brought them closer together though.

They had moved the YT-2400, renamed the Forgotten Patience, to a more secure location, and Darius had asked her to do two more searches for ships he was bound to retrieve if they still exsisted.  Meanwhile, he visited an old friend, in the lower levels.

He stepped into the store, fully cloaked and armed, remaining unrecognizable.  This would play into his favor, for his friend didn't always appreciate his business.  The weapon detectors at the doors went haywire and threatened to short circuit.  The old man whipped out an eight gauge shotgun aimed it at Darius' heart.

"Not too many men can to that to my alarms, who are you?" the old man weazed.

Darius walked closer and the click of the safety was distinctly heard.  He then pulled the hood down, and gave Dickens a friendly business smile.  The old man smiled back, rest the gun on the counter, offered a hand shake, and kept his left hand on the trigger of the gun as it still pointed at Darius.  He grabbed the elder's frail hand, and capped the barrel of the shotgun without notice.

"You know, Dicky, you can't fire a gun with an obstruction," his normal tone was brought out.  The old man looked down at the gun and cursed, pulling the gun back, and attempting to uncork it.  "You're gonna have to use a drill, it's not coming off easily."

"What do you want?" he questioned, giving him a quizical, untrusting look.

"Still have synthetic body parts in stock?"

"Your limbs appear to be function just fine Darius," he said, pointing out the obvious.

The younger man turned around, locked the door, and turned back, pulling out his artificial eye.  "I need something more," he paused, "military-like in this size.  Be careful, the first one was free, but I don't the second one will."  He gave the shop keeper the eye and he looked in his computer for any matches.

"Your luck never siezes to amaze me.  Just got this puppy in for a bounty hunter, but he bit the dust.  State-of-the-art military grade, expensive replacement eye in the exact same size.  Let me fetch it and see if you can afford it."  He slowly worked his way to the back room and returned shortly with a small, metal box.  "Lifetime warranty on this sucker.  It get broken or damaged, they'll replace it free of charge.  Though, it doesn't happen often with this kind of equipment."

"I'll take it," Darius simply answered. 

"I don't think you can afford it boy," Dickens replied, seeming slightly perturbed.  "I'm teasing you.  I'll get you the next cheapest thing."

The young man slammed a bank credit chip with a set price on it.  "I'm taking it."  He gently grabbed Dickens arm and took the box and his eye he was previously using.  The old man took the chip and checked the price amount.

"This isn't enough Darius," he said in an angry tone.

"You owe me old man, I rescued your only grandchild from that bastard, free of charge!"

"You keep her out of this!" he yelled back.  "Don't you ever drag her down into this life of crime you live.  She's been through enough, losing her parents.  I'm the only family she has left!"

"Start making dinner plans for three now, because you're looking into the eyes of you future son-in-law!  We're getting married, and I'm going to take her off this dismal, no good, rotten planet she's been forced to call home!"  Darius raised the volume of his voice considerably.

Jaren Dickens mouth dropped.  If is wasn't for the pacemaker he had attached to his heart, he would have surely had a heart attack.  Darius turned around and left, getting away with more that his new eye, but also Layren's mother's wedding band.  That would be the best accomplishment out of the whole encounter with Layren grandfather.  Though, he wouldn't tell her he took it off of his hand without permission.

Soon enough, he was back, and when he opened the door, she bounded from her computer into his arms, and gave him a long, emotional kiss on the lips.  She pulled away, looked into his eyes, and said, "I found them."

He carried her over to the computer and placed his new eye on the desk.  He didn't really like not having two original eyes, but all is fare in love and war.

Next, he sat down in the lush chair, keeping Layren close and in his lap.  There sat in front of him, a picture his former 1LH-KK Citadel Civilian Cruiser, heavily modified of course.  It had been purchased off of an Imperial auction by a used ship dealer.  He had never been able to sell it because he had the price set so high.  Darius thought it was actually under priced.  He then pulled up another picture of his fathers Pursuer Enforcer ship, which was also heavily modified.  And, as of now, it was an impounded ship, in the Hapan sector.  With this, Darius was very disappointed.  They didn't like outside visitors, nor did he like them.  He did have the upper hand of knowing their language, which might get him somewhere.  At least it was safe.

Darius looked up at her, and kissed her.  "Thanks dear."  Then, he stood up, got down on one knee, and pulled the ring out of his pocket and handed it to her.  She recognized it immediatly, and tears swelled in her eyes.  "Will you marry me?" he asked, his voice brimming with emotion few people have ever heard.

She nodded yes, almost speechless, but then said, "so you talked to my grandfather?"

"Yes," he answered, not lying, but not giving details.  "Now, I'm going to let you know that you'll have to join the Empire."  This was the hard part.

"They just don't let anybody in though.  Plus, what am I going to to about my apartment?"

"Don't worry about getting in.  I'll take care of that.  As for your apartment.  If you grandpa agrees, he can retire and live here.  I've acquired enough credits from the kind local citizens to support him and the apartment for the rest of our lives." 

"You didn't steal did you?" she said with a stern look. 

Darius gave her an innocent look, "Henry shouldn't leave blank bank chips sitting around my ship.  He owes me anyway for what he did to my ship."

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Everything is going to be fine." he assured her, then kissed her.  They celebrated for the next several hours.

-----------------------

-----------------------

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2804
November 25, 2005 3:30:12 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Right after Shazam's post...)

It turned out that they were plenty more. A grenade shot by Jack's outstreched arm, and, if Jack had wanted to catch the grenade, he probably could have. Once the grenade landed, it exploded, knocking Jack off of his feet.

Once he got back up, he pulled off the worthless synthflesh arm covering and tossed it aside as he started shooting round after round in the direction of the enemy troops. Jack saw one go down and two more ducking for covering, nearly missing the blaster bolts Jack's super battle droid arm had sent out.

As Jack saw some enemies crouch down behind a X-wing, Jack wished that he also had a wrist rocket launcher, something that a lot of super battle droids had been equipped with during the Clone Wars.

But Jack knew he didn't have a rocket launcher. So, Jack devised a plan. Shattered durasteel lay beside his feet, and Jack found a way to launch it at the enemy.

He set his blasters down to minimum fire, that way, the durasteel wouldn't just melt right away. Jack stuck a piece of the durasteel into his blaster and launched it at an exposed enemy.

It caught him square in the arm. The one holding his blaster. Jack could see that the sharp durasteel had pierced his arm, and the blaster effect had left a small burn ring around it. For a moment, Jack felt sorry for him, but then, he pulled the piece right out of his arm and grabbed his blaster.

There goes my plan, Jack thought, realizing that his idea hadn't done much harm.

No longer feeling sorry for the New Republic soldier, Jack shot him clear in the chest, killing him instantly.

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Jack Nebulax (edited November 25, 2005 3:31:00 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  73
November 25, 2005 6:22:36 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
What next...What next? Shazam seems to have stuff covered, and - Hey! Whazzat? Trevor thought ot himself as he looked around on the 'Imperial Side' of the hanger. He could see the nose of something sticking out from behind a pillar. He didn`t even think, just covered his head and ran towards the pillar. HE made a dive behind it and could feel the heat of a few blaster bolts sail over his back.

Too close for comfort... He thought as he dusted himself off and rested against something cool and metal. Suddendly he remembered why he risked life and limb to come over here. It was a speederbike he had seen! Hsat down in the seat and looked for any keys or ignition sequence or anything. When he couldn`t find anything, He pried off a panel with help of his knife and slit a bunch of wires open. He then proceded to hotwire the vehicle, the second one he had done this to that day. He revved it twice after it started and slid it into gear, then rocketed towards the exit.

He flicked on his comm to tell Shazam where he was going.

"You guys seem to have everything under control down there, so I`m going to see if I can find us an easy way to get to all the different ships. I am assuming we arn`t going to be leaving them behind?" He said, Swearving between traffic at breakneck speeds. A alian being yelled at him, and he understood amazingly. The alien had yelled 'Crazy street hoodlum' at him, which on Nar Shaddaa was more of a compliment then an insult.

"Yeah, we need to pick `em up. Shit! Hang on!" Shazam yelled, which was followed by a loud explosion, and some blaster fire. "Bastards...anyways, we need a way to get everyone to those TIE`s, and quickly. I don`t wanna be around here when NR reinforc- Shit! Gimmi another sec!"

"Thats alright Shazam, I get the idea, find a ride, and bring it home...got it." Trevor said, and turned off his comm. He was now looking for a third vehicle to steal today. He didn`t count the destroyed hotrod as stolen, because it had belonged to him.

A bus, a shuttle, anything...Woah! That`ll Work nicely.

-----------------------
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  200
November 26, 2005 3:21:27 AM    View the profile of Darius 
Nighttime is the busiest time for Nar Shaddaa, and the most dangerous.  As Darius lay in bed with his fiance sleeping, the apartment door was slowly cranked open.  A Falleen poked his head through opening, and signaled to his comrades to open the door all the way.

As the door became fully ajar, Darius stirred, turned onto his side, facing the door, and put his arm around Layren's bare chest.  The Falleen disapeared without hesitation, hugging the wall parallel to the door, and out of sight. 

Unexpectadly, the old man who was the warning neighbor, came out of his apartment.  The Falleen woman sprung to action and put a choke hold on him, taking away his ability to speak and think.  He was unconscious in ten seconds, but not dead.  She eased him to the floor, and he laid there peacefully, unaware of what was to come next.

"You get the guy, I'll get the girl," the male said, and put on his rebreather mask.  She nodded and followed his lead.  They both turned from a pale green to a light red, almost pink.  Darius had already aimed his first shot when the door had fully opened and he had turned on his side.  He was now in position to shoot, and roll both him and Layren out of harms way. 

The bounty hunter couple had entered the room with nothing but a few small bladed weapons, their hormones, and a bottle of aerosol deterent.

Darius fired his holdout blaster he had hidden under the pillow, hitting the male in the left shoulder, and then he rolled, holding onto Layren, off of the bed, and close to his pack.  He put his air mask from his thinsuit on her, protecting her from the seductive hormones the two were giving off.  Next he tried to reach for battle helmet, but a large dagger stabbed where his hand would have been if he had reached just a bit sooner.  Holding his breath was his next idea.

He rolled, grabbed his compression shorts, because of the previous night, and put them on.  Then, he raised his blaster to shoot the male again, but the female was closer, a great deal closer than he anticipated.  She did a spin kick, disarming him.  Shock, he tried to stand up, but speared him back to the ground.  The air was knock out of him, and he took in a big, deep breath.

Suddenly, the Falleen female looked like the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen.  He felt as if he had to have her.  She smiled at him and raised the aerosol in front of his face, but he didn't care.  The female Falleen then tumbled sideways from a powerful kick to the head.  Darius reached to find the blaster and shoot whoever had done such a thing when clean, pure air rushed into his lungs.  Layren was holding the mask over his face and holding her own.

Blaster in hand, Darius aimed, saw, and dodged a knife, as it barely miss his ear.  Two well placed shots knocked the male back.  One more put him on his back, never to get up again.

The female struck again though.  First, she kicked the mask off.  Second, she kicked Layren in the solar plexus.  Third, she knocked Darius back, stepped on his throat, and stomped his solar plexus, and stepped off, doubling the hormones she was releasing.

She must have practiced her triggers often, because not only was Darius feeling attracted, but so was Layren.  They sat a stared in awe, the female aimed the aerosol deterent again. 

Thud!  She fell on her knees and then flat on her stomach.  Her reddish hew faded back to green.  The old man stood behind her with a small, but effective club in his hands.  "Damn rabblerousers always trying to ruin innocent kids' fun," he said in a grumpy voice.

After Darius and Layren had returned to normal, and clothed themselves more completely, they removed the bodies, one dead, one alive.  The most efficient way was to through them in a dump truck without the garbage man noticing.  That wasn't possible, so they did the next best thing.  Throw the bodies in a dumpster about to be picked up by a dump truck, and that's just what they did.  Next place the Falleen woman found herself, was in a factory on a conveyor belt, about to be dropped in an incinerator.  The couple never did see her again.

When they returned to the apartment, the old man smiled at them and said, "you two will live to the end of your days together happily.  I can see it in your eyes and the way you look at each other.  I see beautiful children in the future too.  Now go on, and farewell, I know it's not safe for you here much longer."

The couple bid good night to the gentle old man, and kissed each other good night.  Tomorrow was the big day.

-----------------------

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1985
November 26, 2005 11:50:20 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam breathed subcontiously into the night air, a whisp of vapor turning into a gossomer blanket of warm moisture in the midst of an unending fray of red and green blaster fire.  The actual night that had remained outside of the skyscraper had crept in through the hanger bay, diffusing itself amoungst the shadowed and hard to reach areas of the hanger bay.  No longer did the heat remain in Art's crouched hiding position above the battle, but instead, disappaited and probably disappointed, the warmth escaped him into the eternal dark just beyond the overhead lights. 

The fight had been raging, probably anyways, over an hour.  When they entered, the vast poluted skies were still honest with thier own decedance, but now that the light of the skies overhead had shrunk and decided that it would take no part in the next part of the adventure, things seemed both clear and opaque.  While the emergency door had indeed been closed, that didn't mean other damage had not been done to the hanger leaving gaps of unsure and relentless omnicity.  The task ahead began to seem as if it was revealing itself, but even the clear and precise vision within the room didn't reassure anyone. 

As was said before, the building was of a slightly rectangular structure, the long sides with about five pillars studded with heavy industrial cement bases.  The short sides, as Shazam was pretty sure he observed, had only three of these pillars while the actual corners of the building were not pillars but precise and remarkably engineered cage like structures slowly working their way into a shape.  The block by block structure was used for the soul purpose of adding texture and detail to the uncaring outside world, giving those that visited the base some kind of understanding that it was a place of prestige and should be treated as such.  The New Republic reinvented seemed to think that all of its structures, even those on distant and doubtful planets, should feel the same as even the most important bases.  This was the place that was being devestated by the continuous war that had erupted only hours before.  Yet people remained. 

At the beginning of the battle, after the skirmished on various floors of the building, some fourty-eight commando's remained along with pilots and undesignated 'help'.  The NR however had no definete supply of troops, rather they flooded the room with the capacity that was allowed, that is, however many troops that they could fit in before there was no cover left.  So, how much does it take to convince an endless army to give up?

By the time Trevor had taken off out of the sporatic wounds in the long wall containing the hanger bay entrance, literally piles of bodies lay on the ground.  While Shazam and the rest of Nazgul squadron had made some brave attempts to disassemble the structure of the enemies defence, they continued to come, even the blank faces of thier dead companions could not stop them.  Why though?  Honor?  Loyalty to the commander?  To the system?  Even the greatest efforts have their limits.

The grenades had signaled that they were now dealing with trench warfare, which the imperials had no taste for at the moment considering their lack of reinforcements.  So it was the NR troops surging from thier hiding places to throw grenades behind obscure cover, the cover of thier deceased comrades piling up on eachother to create pathways. 

As repetitive as this all sounds, one must know that it was so, and the imperials soon began to think that there would be no surrender and that they would have to take their chance in an escape.  The rebels had not figured out a plan to fish the imperials out of thier cover and who says they would?  The carrier that had brought in NR reinforcements still lay in the distance, totally useless to anyone because it was in no way a part of the battle any longer.

After Art's emergency door manuver, Shazam had brought the rest of his team back to a slightly safer position behind the Sentinal Carrier, or atleast what was left of it.  Warren Dimmias had remained in the ship the entire time, but this was only because he knew he did not belong out there in the fray...  That was not his battleground.  Not yet.

"We gotta take a position..." Lulansk was still in heavy discussion with two younger men, both military cut and looked to be a little green on the whole 'get the hell out of here' idea.  Shazam was becoming a little bored though and decided that it was time he try to make contact with Henson or atleast the Canton once again. 

While most of Nazgul was behind a fallen wing collumn, Shazam had arrived back within Sentinal Landing craft.  The front entrance had remained intact but the ship had been turned toward the emergeny exit upon an extremely powerful grenade blast.  Thus, safe passage into the cabin and to the com unit. 

Warren sat patiently in his seat, his eyes set on the control panel with switches and turning wheels to indicate and change power sent to all areas of the ship. 

"Hows it goin?" Shazam spoke in a casual tone, the cabin somehow regained a business like presence that he hadn't feld during the constant weapon fire outside.  Was it quieter?  No.  In fact, the ship creaked and threatened to break apart with every blaster burst and grenade salvo.  Shazam cleared his head of these thoughts, not even noticing Dimmias gave him no answer.  The SC pulled himself into a chair and realized that the cabin had its electrical systmes intact.  Good, he thought, at least the com better work, the antenna looks like its fine...  The channel was still set to the open channel, so Shazam brought the dial over to the right quickly and fell upon the numbers almost desperatly. 

Fuzz entered the cabin...  Then nothing.  Then fuzz again... 

"This is Nazgul one speaking...  Does anyone copy?  Anyone copy?"  Warren was now becoming jittery behind Shazam, but he paid it no mind and repeated himself two or three times before he was finally interupted by the voice he'd met earlier.

"Hey there!"  The boyish voice that had directed him to Henson earlier seemed excited to hear that the commander was still around but he shut up almost immedietly realizing his insubordination over the com.  "Excuse me...  I respectivelly assume you'll be wanting to speak to the commander of the Canton.  Correct?"  Shazam didn't need to answer as he hear the flick of some switches and then a monotonous beep and then one more delicate silence.

"This is the commander of the Canton, who am I speaking to?"  Henson knew before asking, but maybe this was just him trying to get back into the swing of things.

"I figure you escaped those pirates then?" Shazam chimed in; he held his ear close to the speaker as a particularilly strong blast reverberated in the hanger. 

"Nazgul Squadron...  At last, we've been trying to get in contact with you, we feel like sitting ducks out here."  Shazam lifted an eyebrow in quiet surprise.

"How do you mean, sir?" 

"We have been waiting outside the planet in the planned quardinants for atleast five minutes.  You did not copy our last communique, so I'm not surprised you didn't know any different.  The pirates that followed us have been destroyed, but that doesn't mean we'll be safe from further encounters for long.  Raze Squadron, nonexistant as it is now, is refueling and planning to form a patrol around the ship within the next few minutes.  Radio back when you have exited the atmosphere.  Remember, we can't wait forever..."  And then Shazam was cut off from the expectant voice without another word.  Time to move.

"Shazam, I think I'm on to something...  Check this out..."  The SC rose from his seat after the blaster fire began to ring in his ears again.  Dimmias sat with his body almost against the panel, hands flying and eyes narrowed. 

"Whatcha talkin bout?"

"The remaining energy we've had pent up in the cabin and life support systems throughout the last few hours..."  Shazam said nothing now and it was Warren's turn to talk.  "Okay, that wookie decimated one side of our craft, but that doesn't mean that the turret in the backend is.  Despite the fact the circuit to the turret was cut short because of an obstruction...  The damage that is...  Its also hooked up to a parallel circuit.  We can still re-route energy to it.  The ship is dead anyways, its not like we'll be using the lifesupport any time soon..."  Warren hadn't asked to go through with anything yet, but he acted as if he'd been orderded to do the most precise order he'd ever been given. 

"I beleive you have a plan then?"  Jen had entered up the ramp and heard the end of the ramble.  She seemed totally exhausted, her red hair was matted back into a single pony-tail and she'd stripped down to the bottom half of her flight suit and a t-shirt.  The t-shirt looked stretched with a ring of darkened areas surrounded the neck, complimenting the lassitude on the Nazgul XO's face. 

"Well, lets take their ship and run...  Maybe we can move the sentinal to a more keen point of attack?"  Warren suggested without a sligthly dismal look on his face.  He hadn' thought this part out yet.

"No...  Looks like we'll be running under fire..."  Warren didn't ask a single question more but instead began to re-route the aquired energy to the back turret.  Shazam and Jen returned to the outside royal.  Again, the mood changed, colder air rushed at the faces of the pilots and brighter lights gleamed high above.  Which reminded Shazam. 

Lulansk didn't know Naval signals so that was Jack's job for the moment, commanding Art to open the emergency door.  The army troops were still holding their position while the back turret of the Sentinal twitched slightly.  Within ten minutes, the group was confident that they would have to go...  Soon. 

"Nazgul, you'll be the first group to go...  Don't be bashful now."  Lulansk was hidden behind a smoldering pile of debris while Shazam and the others waited anxiously for the command.  No one had used the refresher in a long while, and Shazam's thought just before the crisp creeking sound was, I wonder who will get to the refresher first?

Then the emergency door flew open and a new wave of cold set in along with a startling wind that pushed several parts across the floor immedietly while slowly heaving others about in a clumsy but sure way.  The turret wasted no time in streaking red fire across the bay into the 'secured' positions of the rebels.  Shazam thought he would go deaf as he covered his ears and rand underneath the bright lights atleast seven and a half feet above him.  The fire wasn't just cover though, as it completely ransacked all that the rebels had created to make a final surge, sockets and tools flew, along with the occasional limb and decrepit body, just waiting for the touch of death. 

The NR craft ahead revealed no entrance on the side facing the imperials, but on the opposite side, Shazam spotted a boarding ramp immedietly, not even glancing for a moment at the terror to his left.  No, there wasn't a threat, but the true horror was the immediete rise in death toll for the NR cause.  The Nazguls swung around a corner and entered a bright white room, they're boots clapping against the surface. 

"You guys find out if theres any pilots aboard...  We're ganna need someone to fly our guys home while we retreive our craft anyways.  Just make sure they're capable, hear!?"  Shazam didn't wait for a reply.  The SC poked his head round the corner, not really exposed the NR threat anymore.  The rest of the troops would be on board soon enough...  Man, I gotta get off this planet, he thought and pulled his head around as someone got wise and decided to take a shot at the craft's open lift doors.

(Get on the ship and get in the air!  And someone get Art, m'kay?  Lets have him grappel down or somethin.  Be creative )

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2810
November 27, 2005 7:18:39 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Okay, time for me to wrap this up...)

Jack quickly kicked a New Republic officer off of an Aratech military speeder bike. DJ, who would be taking Gladius's fighter, also hopped on to a speeder bike. It wouldn't be a long journey, but Jack expected to run into some problems, so he made sure both the speeder bike's blasters and his own were working properly.

After all, this was Nar Shaddaa.

Jack and DJ were now zooming over the landscape of the Hutt moon. Every so often, Jack caught site of a bounty hunter or two. Once, Jack almost ran into a crowd of beings gathered around a dead Trandoshan - no doubt the victim of a chase gone bad.

By now, Jack could see his TIE Aggressor off in the distance. Jack started to decrease his speed while DJ zoomed ahead. Jack did this so he could stay behind to try to catch a glimpse of the pirate CloakShape fighter that he had been searching for.

By the time Jack arrived at the location of his craft, there was still no sign of the pirate fighter. Then, Jack looked solemnly at Gladius's fighter. Gladius had died, and Jack was now left without someone to fly as his wingmate, despite the fact that DJ would be using Gladius's craft.

Jack scanned the skies quickly once more. And suddenly, it happened. There it was - the CloakShape fighter. Jack didn't need to signal it to land. The pilot was already inches off of the ground.

When the cockpit opened, Jack was slightly surprised to see a female pilot. She was Human, somewhere around Jack's age.

"You seemed surprised," she said, not bothering to ask who Jack was or introduce herself.

"What's your name?" Jack asked.

"Kerra. Kerra N'ylaz. I suppose you have one, right?" she replied.

"Jack Nebulax. You're a pretty good pilot. We could use you in the Navy."

"Imperial Navy? Me? Nah. I once was a part of the Empire, but I had to leave it because all of my superior officers hated me," Kerra said.

"We're different. We're the Vast Empire," Jack said. "We're not the Empire. Plus, we need the best pilots we can find. And I think you've proven yourself during the orbital battle."

"You think so? Well, I was planning to ditch the pirate forces. I need something better to do now, because I ran into a bounty hunter a few days back... I destroyed his craft and left him stranded somewhere, and there's no doubt that he'll be coming back to look for me." She seemed to think over Jack's offer. "Where do I sign up?" She let out a soft laugh.

Meanwhile, DJ was preparing Gladius's fighter for takeover, obviously not caring about the conversation.

Jack and Kerra then walked to their separate fighters, and hopped in. They would now regroup with the rest of the squadron in the atmosphere and prepare for one final battle during the mission, which would be Kerra's first battle with the VE Navy.

*Later, after the mission...*

So, the mission was a success. They rescued Derkson, they defeated the enemy forces, and the Navy got a new pilot. But there was still one thing left for Jack to do.

He still had to find out what his wife needed to tell him.

Jack meant up with Alexia in their cabin, and she was at first suprised that he didn't know.

"Artoo..." Jack said.

"Anyway, Jack, I need you to at least go on a leave. You see, I'm... pregnant."

Jack couldn't believe it. He was going to be a... father.

(Well, there it is... Also, this doesn't have to mean the story ended, just to let everyone know. And I'll try to get another post in soon, I just wanted to let the secret out.)

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Jack Nebulax (edited November 27, 2005 5:36:43 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1990
November 27, 2005 5:55:30 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(When those names and a few other things get fixed in Jack's last post, this'll make a little more sense maybe...)

Warren Dimmias had become extremely comfortable in the gunner's seat and was performing his necessary duties brilliantly. 

The commando's had crossed the bridge of fire and were securing themselves in the containment room of the character.  As they entered, Shazam gave them a good rap on the shoulder, looking for any sign of his last few troops.  Art was still high up, clutching the bannisters that remained in the shaking control room while Dimmias could not move from his position until secondary cover fire could be supplied. 

Arts' problem was solved pretty easilly though, and he had to ascribe the escape to the enemy, because it was their dead bodies he was jumping on.  The backs of the various corpses felt like sandbags as he landed on them hard, but then they were pillows as he skipped across them to safety.  Jen and Tokijen had taken control of the cabin with the help of a few troopers while Jack and Dj prepped thier rides for the fighter run.  Things were going pretty smoothly now that there was constant fire raining down on the enemy, so the two imperials felt no danger in simply dropping another ramp and taking the thier speeder bikes out of the open hanger bay.  The lack of danger and sense that everyone was going home from camp put an interesting edge to mission, like it wasn't a mission at all. 

Twelve fully armed troopers had come from storage to confirm that the rest of the ship was secure, but their true services were about to be put to use as Lulansk ordered for a secondary cover fire.  "We got one guy left out there and I'll be damned if we'll leave him behind at a time like this.  Might as well be shooting the broad side of a barrack right now..."

The wind, even stronger than it had been earlier, pushed the defeated minds into almost total submission as the imperial troops alligned themselves and opened fire into the open positions of the NR troops.  They continued to fall back; this was the time to move...

Shazam jumped out from behind his cozy corner and waved to Dimmias in the turret, not entirelly sure what to think of him.  He wasn't actually apart of the squadron, yet he'd done so much in only a few moments...  He wasn't sure whether to celebrate him or disown him and call him the same hero as he'd been before they'd met.  The turret fire came to a halt, only the blaster fire continued, the song fading to its final echo.

Warren took only seconds to find his way back to the exit and sprint across the hanger bay, without fear and without hope he reached the ship and spun himself around the corner and into safety without saying anything to the Nazgul SC.  Shazam was about to speak when the engines roared to life; Jen had prepped the ship well and was probably waiting for the chance to take off.  No time for discussion, Shazam instead said to Dimmias-

"I need you to make sure these NR pilots stay on course and don't do anything funny.  Take the controls if you must...  You have enough back-up I think..."  Warren turned his dark eyes on Shazam and then the troops as the SC indicated them with his forefinger, each waiting was a calm unsurity about them.  Things hadn't quite gone according to plan, but then of course, this was Nar Shadda.

Apparently Jen hadn't been there when the ship was started up because she was there as soon as Shazam finished his sentance.

"I assume they've got the point?" He seemed to understand as she gave him a tainted look, one of the predator posing as the house pet.  Oh, she's good, he thought and didn't bother to think of what she threated the NR pilots with. 

"Only three speeder bikes left, Shazam.  How do you want to do this?"  She was redoing her ponytail as she noticed her hair had come loose and was whipping about.  Her hair calmed and came to rest on her shoulders when the door to their left closed; the NR troops had finally realized they were no longer under heavy fire when the doors closed. 

"Alright, you and Tokijin share one, we'll take the rest..."  Shazam was jumping up a flight of steps leading to a long white hallway with a few doors, all opened to reveal whatever mysteries they were supposed to hold.  The troops had been thorough, he thought; Jen spoke up though...

"Why do we have to share?  Why can't you and Art share one?"

"Cause I dunno if Tokijin is even capable of using a speeder bike," he turned in the first door he met...  "Warren is ganna stay on this ship and Trevor is already in the process of retreiving our fighters..."  Art gave Shazam a wave as the duo entered and then the SC motioned for him to take a speeder, stopping at his own and pulling Jen close to his face.  For a moment, it looked as if he was about to kiss her, then his head flew to the right side of her face and he said," Plus that would be really weird.  Girls can do that crap.  Guys' can't.  So get over it."  Then he slapped her on the shoulder like the rest of the troops and jumped onto the speeder bike as Jen gave him an evil look similar to the one she'd exposed upon return from the cabin. 

"Yea, I know, I'll watch my back," he said and felt the engine come to life on the little black beauty.  "Yeeha!"  Shazam spun the speeder about vicously until it was well aligned with the exit and then kicked it, flying down the ramp at a pretty dangerous speed, even for experienced bikers.  Then again, Shazam was stupid when it came to bikes...  Oh well.

The speeder bike let off a few sparks as it scratched the surface of the hanger bay floor, Shazam just pulling up in time to turn out of the room.  Art followed closely, going at a safer speed but he also had a blaster held out and firing to posterier of the ship where the NR troops were trying to around to befuddle any attempts to leave the hanger bay.  Art didn't bother to check if he'd hit anyone as he noticed Jen and and Tokijin barelling it out a second later. 

*Twelve minutes later*

Shazam closed his eyes just before flying into the immense blanket before him.  The steam felt good against his clothes and he bent his head down against the controls to block his face from the slight burning sensation he was receiving.  Art was directly behind him, but he moved into a stagger position to prevent any accidents, just in case of course.  They were good pilots, but it was good to be safe as well.

The SC felt the steam turn to cool air and he propped one of his eyes open, reminiscent of experimenting the pool for the first time.  He pulled up hard after catching a glimpse of one of the antenna's they'd use to repel down the building.  Art made it to the top base of the building first as Shazam manuvered about to make sure he'd land softly from the strange angle the object had forced him into.  Art had only left behind his helmet and flight pack while Shazam had taken everything with him.  His helmet was missing...  Damn.  No damage had been incurred during flight to require a helmet but he would have to use a handheld com unit to communicate with his people now. 

Shazam could only see Art's shadow from the glow of the speeder bikes as he put his hands through his hair and prepared to take his first step onto stable ground.  The sky above was pitch black and even the stars were misted over from the heinous poluting; the SC thought he would gag if he stayed out in the open like this for too much longer.

The short hair didn't really move, so instead Shazam felt his head bobbing about slightly as his foot clamped down on the surface.  How he wanted to take to just give his eyes a little rest.  Maybe grab a sleeping bag or pitch a tent and let the world have its way with him as he knocked himself out and tried to catch up on the sleep he'd been missing out on for years now.  His thoughts were interupted as white light cut the night with unparrelled elegance.  Shazam peered into the cool cut outline of the TIE Interceptor, thinking only that he had to respect the Sienar Fleet Systems' engineers for the ability to create something so awesome.  Maybe he could if he got a chance to speak to Derkson...  I wonder what a defendor looks like at night, he thought and began to walk to his fighter when he heard something other than steam.

Shazam turned his head quickly as the sound became sharper and he recognized the shape of yet another speeder bike.  He froze, realizing that Trevor probably couldn't see him yet, but then his mind thought it would be best to move, so he dived out of the way as the bike collided with the one he'd just stepped off of. 

The wind whipped at his head as he felt his face scrub against the grubby cement, and then someone gave him a kick.  "You just ganna wait there or are we ganna move?"

Shazam was up once again and brushed some dirt off the side of his face, he met eyes with Trevor and the two peered at eachother like it'd been years. 

"I suppose...  How did you know we were here?"

"I didn't, but I'm serious about moving because..." his voice was drowned out as some blinking lights appeared about fifteen feet above them and engines roared as they attempted to get up to speed.  Shazam didn't speak another word and began to run to his fighter.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  75
November 27, 2005 6:31:45 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor stopped his bike near the speeder-bus, and creeped towards it, towards it open doors. Not often would you find a speeder-bus with its door`s open on Nar Shaddaa, but this had been Trevor`s lucky day. Trevor was under the dash in an attempt to hotwire the vehicle, when he felt cold metal on the front of his throat.

"What do you think your doing? This is my bus. I oughtta blow your head off right now!" It was the bus pilot, who was pointing a shotgun at Trevor`s head.

"Uh...I needed a ride..." Trevor said loudly, s he tried to carefully push the barrel of the weapon away from his throat.

"Well, next time, just ask for a ride..its like, 2 credits." The bus driver said with a shrug, and removed the gun from Trevor`s throat. "Now get out of here, before I blow you head off."

Trevor jumped off the bus and returned to his speeder bike. He started it up and made his way back to the NR base. He didn`t knwo what to do now, maybe he could find something on the way back.

No luck. Just as he was arriving back at the hanger, he saw the NR transport shoot out of the hanger.Not sure what to do next, Trevor spun the speeder around with one foot on the ground and rocketed towards the building they had came from, which was slightly difficult in the darkness.

*** 13 minutes later ***

Trevor crahsed into a speederbike on the roof, and rolled into a standing position. Shazam was on the ground, and was was standing back towards the TIEs, watching. Trevor sprinted over to Shazam and quicked him lightly.

"You just ganna wait there or are we ganna move?" Trevor said.

Shazam was up once again and brushed some dirt off the side of his face, he met eyes with Trevor and the two peered at eachother like it'd been years.

"I suppose...  How did you know we were here?"

"I didn't, but I'm serious about moving because..." his voice was drowned out as some blinking lights appeared about fifteen feet above them and engines roared as they attempted to get up to speed. Niether pilot said another word as the sprinted towards thier fighters.

The Y-wings above them could barely be seen in the darkness, and Trevor could only tell they were in fact Y-wings by the way the lights were arranged on them.

They lifted off quickly, and were on their way out quicker. They couldn`t go straight out, incase there was any walkways or heavy traffic above them, so they had to carefully make their way up through the pathways between the buildings.

"This is Nazgul 3, I got some more Y`s on my radar. They`re going to cut us off from the front...permission to engage?" Trevor asked, trying to spot the Y-wings in the darkness.

"Hell yeah Nazgul 3. They are Y-wings, I`m pretty sure one of us could take them all on." Shazam replied. The Y-wings were still a bit farther off, but the three TIE fghters formed up. Trevor counted 9 Y-wings, two groups of four, and a 'leader' who was all alone.

Trevor waited until they were within range, and got a lock with a missile. He was first to fire, and his missle went right through the cockpit of one of the Y`s. In the light from the explosion, Trevor could see the black Y-wing with the skull painted on it.

Shazam and Art had also destroied a pair of Y-wings, putting the total down to 6. Trevor`s craft was struck with a glancing blow, tearing some solar panels off of the right wing. Trevor was rapidly flipping channels on his comm, looking for the channel they Y-wings were on. He finally found it.

"Shit! We`ve lost 7,4, and 3. Come on you guys! I used to do this all the time, and I never died. Reaper out." Said Reaper`s familier voice over the comm.

"This is Nazgul 3 to attacking Y-wings. We suggest you stop your attack, and let us leave, before we call reienforcments." Trevor said, hopeing Reaper would recognize his voice.

"Request denied. We`re going to kill all of you, Imperial scum."

"Dammit Reaper...Ace to Reaper, do you hear me? Come on Krey..." Trevor said, letting his old callsign slip.

"Ace? Is that really you? What the hell? Why didn`t you say so!" Reaper replied. Trevor dodged a missile fired by one of the Y-wings, and sped back towards the battle. The NR pilots were down to 4, including Reaper.

"I don`t have time to talk now. All I know is that if you come with us and join the VE, you can live through this. We can talk about stuff later." Trevor pleaded.

"Yeah, I`m in! And to prove it..." Reaper trailed off, and Trevor could see Reaper`s Y-wing fire at one of the NR pilots. The unexpected 'friendly fire' was not dodged by the pilot, and it had knocked out one of his engines. The Y-wing crashed into a building, and exlpoded in a brillent fireworks display.

"Alright, Lets finish this up." Trevor said, then filled Reaper in quickly about what channel they we`re using.

"Alright, this is Nazgul 3. We have a defect from the NR. The pilot in the black Y-wing, Don`t shoot him." Trevor told the rest of flight one.

"How can we trust him?" Art asked, as another Y-wing exlpoded, the sound waves echoing off the buildings.

"Trust me. I`ve flown with him before, for a few years. He`s safe." Trevor said, as He watched Reaper take out the last Y-wing. They formed up, with the Y-wing in formation, all of them flying a little slower so the Y-wing could keep up.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited November 30, 2005 6:00:47 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  1992
November 28, 2005 7:33:15 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam buckled while the lights fromt the cockpit scorched his eyes as they were unfamillier to the displays.  The profound darkness creeped away and things slowly came to softer hughs and more distinct versions of black and grey; atleast he would be able to work with something.

The ship shuddered but then the vibrations settled down and the craft recited a gentle hum, eminating from every corner of the ship.  Ooh yea, this is my baby, he thought and pressed his war-torn gloves to the control and felt the real sensation he'd been awaiting for a while come back to him in full force.  He let it spin his head around and crack his knuckles and then it completely took over, springing from one arm to the other and down to his very finger tips so they could be precise and controlled.  Now for the best part...

Both Art and Trevor waited patiently with thier lights blinking sporatically at the drowning black around them; in the distance the NR craft could be seen well as it began to rise high above the skyscrapers and thick pollution.  Shazam rolled his neck once more and then his head straightened and peered out of the viewport.  His hands began to move like they were playing his favorite instrument, the ship suddenly coming up off the ground and bursting into the sky to give Shazam his favorite feeling. 

"What a rush..." he grinned bare faced, still not sure if he was going to regret losing his helmet as he barreled about innocently.  The interceptor picked up speed, the roughness of atmospheric travel acompanying the abstract easy going grip on the controls.  Shazam did some quick exercises to strengthen his reclaimed piloting skills; ah, it felt good...  Art pulled up in stagger position to his right, taking the wingman position as always.  Trevor's blinking lights neared and then revealed his craft in a similar splendor just a minute distance father than Art but to the left of Shazam this time.  Art went into a few short weaves as Shazam cut out of the hopscotch motion and began observing the radar.  Well, a glance really...  All seemed well on the homefront, he thought noticing the larger blot as the NR craft.

The SC pulled out his com unit and switched it to the 'on' position and used the attachment to clip it onto the collar of his flight jacket.  "Can you guys hear me?" Shazam had taken his eyes off of the radar and the viewport both and studied the peice as Art replied-

"Clear as a Corellian night.  Thing I'll check up on our people..." He'd finished his warm-up and Trevor carefully followed suite just when Shazam returned his second hand to the control yoke.  Now that he had time to carefully study the radar he noticed nine blips crossing the cruiser's flight path. 

"No more time for screwin around..." Flight one squeezed together as they realized they couldn't just fly right out and engage the enemy, but instead had to take alternate paths to avoid walkways and other craft.  The group flew tight-nit for only half a minute before they found two skyscrapers parallel to eachother, one on both sides of the gateway to open sky.  Shazam kicked up the throttle and took his right hand off the yoke to feel the missle's panel to make sure they were still there and then returned it to feel the cannon trigger stop his hand in its appropriate position.

The formation widened to a more comfortable spacing and Trevor said," This is Nazgul Three, I got some more Y`s on my radar. They`re going to cut us off from the front...permission to engage?" Trevor asked, trying to spot the Y-wings in the darkness.

"Hell yeah Nazgul Three. They are Y-wings, I`m pretty sure one of us could take them all on." Shazam replied with the hint of yet another grin. The Y-wings were still a bit farther off, but the three TIE fghters held togther as they neared, Shazam counting off nine pairs of lights but only eight panels.  He glanced at the radar to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him...  The image focused in a little and nine fighters could be counted off individually as they drew closer. 

Shazam took note of the bomber and then said nothing as the Y-wings broke apart.  Trevor took the first shot, dealing a lethal deal of damage to the back end, and finishing out with a miniscule supernova from the cockpit.  Shazam, sure of where his weapons systems were, threw his hand to the missle controls and switched over.  The first knob twisted well and met the horizontal portion of the indicator box while the second seemed to struggle to meet its mark.  Art didn't wait for missles as he knew the sheilds were activated by now and opened fire on the hind quarters of one of the NR craft.  To his surprise the Y-wing absorbed each of the shots beautifully, losing an engine immedietly and then spiraling out of control until it began to move vertical, the momentum of the craft forcing it against a wall of wind.  The bomber was decimated...

Shazam found his lack of missle locking control disappear as the Y-wing to his left burst into flames.  The second line met the pickle and he let loose the missle without hesitation, the speeding mass meating it mark in a similar way to Trevor's.  The missle met the apex of the Y-wing fuselage, snapping it in half and twisting the seperate peices against the wind.  The SC pulled up out of reflex although the debris was well out of the way, but it presented him with an excellent opportunity to come down against yet another Y-wing.  Shazam couldn't remember a time when he'd had such an easy kill. 

Beyond his feild of vision, Trevor had torn off from the formation to engage another Y-wing father off when he received a slight blow from black Y-wing Shazam had neglected to mention.

"Keep an eye out for that black one...  Its hard enough when you can actually see them right in front of you, think what it'll be like with that thing jumping around..."  Shazam wasted no time in pouring out a triple-burst into the aft of the Y-wing; the sheilds had finally come up.  Art found Shazam's target and jogged up behind it, then took a few pot shots into the back-end; the sheilds were even stronger than before.  The SC noted it and came back from his dive underneath the bomber, exploding upward with a new target area.  This time the triple burst struck pay-dirt, sinking into the fuselage. 

"Must have got a circuit array, cause this guys engine's just checked out..."  Art had already switched back to missles as the Y-wing tried to convert power to the engines in order to restabalize.  The imperial met his mark and felt very comfortable wasting a missle on the Y-wing's hindquarters.  The rebel craft did not explode like the others had, but instead coughed out smoke and began to drop fast, barelly missing it's own wingman. 

As he did so, something in the battle changed...  It seemed there was too much fire on the Y-wings...  What happened?

"Alright, this is Nazgul 3. We have a defect from the NR: the pilot in the black Y-wing. Don`t shoot him." Trevor had mysteriously returned to the open channel.

"How can we trust him?" Art asked, as another Y-wing exlpoded, the sound waves echoing off the buildings.  That was two for the rogue Y-wing, Shazam noted as he realized the initial blast had been his own.  Another Y-wing barreled low in an attempt to get out of the sights of darkened colleague...  Forgot to watch for skyscrapers, Shazam sat indifferent as the Y-Wing's right engine cage caught on a peak from one of the buildings sitting in the center of a cluster.  The SC didn't catch the final carnarge of the crash...

"Trust me. I`ve flown with him before... For a few years. He`s safe." Trevor finished as the black Y-wing came up to the same level as its prey and executed it like a pro.  No more Y-wings, Shazam dully noted...

The radar to his upper left chimed and Shazam lifted an eyebrow in recognition as Jen's voice filled the cabin.  "Flight two here.  We're ganna form up on both sides of carrier..."  She was breathing with full, wholesome breaths as if they were sweater than any she'd ever encountered. 

"Flight Three comin up on the tail-end..." Jack's voice complimented the previous one perfectly, the happy family coming together for the holiday season...

Dj popped in immedietly after, hastilly reminding the group," And Nazgul eight here...  Spose I'm in Flight three for today, girls..."  Flight one had slowed down to let the Y-wing catch up, and then began thier pursuit of the carrier... 

(Jack and Jen, you need to tell us how you got back to your crafts and what happened on the way.  Obviously Jen encountered some resistence (note the heavy breath), and Jack is just excited to be there.  Be creative...  Almost done, lets find some pirates maybe?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2819
November 29, 2005 4:40:36 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Okay, here it is...)

Jack, DJ234, and the former pirate Kerra formed up as the temporary Nazgul Flight Three. When Jack found a good time in the battle to let everyone know who the mysterious pilot was, he quickly gave them the news.

"So, when we were in the original orbital battle," Jack said, already way into his "speech", "I caught sight of this pirate CloakShape. I pursued it, but it evaded everything I shot at it.

"While we were in the speeder heading for the enemy hangar, some of you might have noticed I was scanning the skies. Well, I was," Jack stated. "I wasn't just looking for New Republic craft, I was looking for this CloakShape.

"After we went back for our crafts, I continued to look. Lone behold, as DJ and I were about to take off, the craft finds us. So, I find out the pilot's a female, and I ask her to join the VE. She accepted, because she's on the run from... Who, again?" Jack asked Kerra.

"A bounty hunter."

"That's it. So, since she had a past with the Imperial Starfleet, she's willing to give it a second chance. Nazgul Squadron, meet Kerra N'ylaz. Kerra, meet Nazgul Squadron," Jack said.

There was a quick exchanges of "hello"s over the comlink. But, Jack knew that deep down, some of his squadron mates might not trust her. But he couldn't blame them - after all, she was a pirate who had shot at the squadron. But if she was willing to give that up for another shot in the Imperial Navy, Jack would believe her enough.

After all, she was a hell of a good pilot.

And then, Nazgul resumed its mission.

(How's that?)

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2000
November 30, 2005 6:00:22 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The group slowly climbed into the sky as Flight one reached the head of the formation; they kept at an even pace to make sure the Y-wing and cloak-shaped fighter could keep up.

The cold had left Shazam for a while as they exited the atmosphere, the controls shaking humbly as he kept the path straight with the glitter of space coming into view ever so slowly.

The coms had become slightly scrambled as they exited, so Shazam wasn't able to get a head count like he'd have liked, that numb feeling of dread surrounding him seemed to die down thoughout the extraction though.  As soon as real space was in front of him and the stars resumed they're twilight, it jumped him...

"Lets take a..."  The indicator lights blazoned information throughout the cabin as the radar to his upper-left began to locate and identify ships in every direction.  Shazam had just enough time to glance back up as a full squadron of X-wings began to turn together, all coming to face the escort head-on. 

"Stay tight but leave enough room to move..." Shazam let the throttle go bad timidly, his wingman and third mate falling in accordance to his movements.  The NR craft itself began to pick up speed, so the distance was closed rather hastilly as the X-wing group began splitting into better difined flights.  The SC adjusted the throttle once more just slightly to accomadate the much larger craft behind it, all the while observing the bruske silence for any inclination of problems or complicatig matters...  Thats when he noticed the largest vessel of all in the open space...

"This is the Canton.  Nazgul Squadron, do you copy?  Do you copy?"  An actual technition was on the line now and Shazam told Art to answer, wanting to focus on the enemy formation coming his way.  Shazam first noticed that the first flight was constructed of five instead of four fighters, the second with four and the final with three.  Every flight created a semi arrow head formation with a single wingman to the left with the remaining members falling off in the other direction.  It might be better if the cruiser stays with us, he thought and decided he'd stay on route but not stray away from whatever cover they could get.  The cruiser had far heavier sheilds anyways, none that the X-wings would be able to take down in such an equal dogfight.  Or atleast he hoped it was equal...  Shazam took note of the foreigns for a moment more, and then became entranced once more with the enemy.

"Yes, the two extra fighters are aiding in the escort of Delta...  Over and out..."  Art didn't like being talked to, Shazam noted as the tone in the mans' voice had changed from before when he was searching the airwaves.

"If you have missles...  Arm them."  Shazam's right hand came alive off the control yoke and began to align with the head of the group, trying to take his time despite the coming encounter.  The first line fell in perfectly, and Shazam waited until he was within good range to drop the second one, not wanting the X-wing to know he'd been painted so early.  He even waited after a beeping sound had emitted within his own cabin, signaling a missle lock. From who or how many, he couldn't be sure of at the moment.

"Missle lock..." Art announced, then Trevor...  A few others repeated the words as Shazam alligned the horizontal at the last moment, dropping his final missle off the pickle and then flying into a tight left side loop, avoiding a missle that went smashing into the sheilds of the NR craft...

(Final bit guys.  Les finish it up.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  77
November 30, 2005 6:44:48 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had only used two missiles thus far throught the mission, and had been locking onto one of the X-wings with another. He announced his lock shortly after Art did, and heard some other`s announce theirs. Shazam made the first shot, which Trevor followed up with, coincidently on the same fighter. Shazam`s shot hit first, wiping out the shields, and causing sevre damage to the hull of the fighter. Trevor`s missile hit between the S-foils of the X-wing, and finished the job. He let out a short Whoop! and dived low and to the right.

He was being followed tightly by one of the X-wings, and couldn`t quite shake it off, but was able to avoid getting a missile lock on himself. He felt a few vibrations through the craft, and could tell he had been struck by a few bolts form the X-wing.

"Uh, this is Nazgul 3. I got an X on my tail, and can`t lose him. Li`l help anyone?" He said into the comm, trying to keep his voice steady. This was the worst spot he had ever been in in a long time, and it scared him a bit.  When he got no immediat response, he had to thinkof an plan. Then it hit him, a little bit more literaly then he thought it would. A large explosion from ebhind had forced his head into the controls, and it hurt. But when he sat back up, his hand hit the throttle and pushed it forward, slowing him down a bit. Out of reflex he pushed it back up, but then realized what he was going to attempt.

He readied himself, and cracked the knuckles on his left hand. He could never crack the knuckles on hsi right hand, only his left. He then grabbed the throttle control, and pushed it forward. As he did this, he rolled down and to the right, and watched as the X-wing, which appeared upside down to him, shot past him from below. Or above. Whichever was which.

He pulled the throttle back towards him, and started locking another missile. He fired a few shots, trying to weaken the shields, and when he saw his bolt hit directly to the hull and a puff of smoke come off the back of the X-wing, he let the missile go. The X-wing exploded in a brillent flash of light, which was swallowed just as quickly by the cold of space. He flew up and over, to avoid any shrapnel that had come off the X-wing, and began looking for his next target.

He couldn`t tell who was who, or which side was 'winning' but he occasionaly heard a 'Whoop!' or 'O shit!' come over the comm. At one point he heard 'They`ve only got 8 left..O wait, 7. The Y-wing just got that one.'.

"Help! I can`t shake this one! Hurry!" Suddendly burst over the comm. It was Toki. He scanned the battlefieldd infront of him, and spotted a TIE with an X-wing right on its tail. He hit the throttle and shot towards the pair. He looped underneither of the X-wing, and then cut power to the engine of his TIE. Toki said something else over the comm, but he didn`t hear it. He was too busy locking his last missile onto the X-wing. He heard a small confermation sound, and let loose the missile. It zoomed to its target, and detonated perfectly on the rear of the X-wing.

He followed up this initial attack with a huge volley of green fire from his cannons, and gave a yell when the X-wing finnaly exlpoded.

"Damn right! Don`t mess with people in my squad again!" He yelled to himself, and the exlposion, which was all that was left of the pilot of the X-wing. He stuipidly flew through the flames out of disrespect for the pilot, and then looked around for Toki.

Hmmmm...I wonder where she went. Without a thank you either...O well, maybe she`ll say it afterwards.. He thought to himself, as he looekd around for a new target.

(OOC: Toki is just fine...just dissapeared on him. Just incase anyone thought she had been taken down or somthing in that one little part. He just can`t see her, thats all.)

-----------------------
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  204
November 30, 2005 11:00:18 PM    View the profile of Darius 
The wedding that had followed the hectic night was short, and to the point.  Darius was now hitched with the woman he knew he loved at first sight, and it was going to stay that way.

The had gotten married at a small, dilapidated Imperial Government building, nothing fancy.  It had been a good day, both emotionally and weather wise.  For Nar Shaddaa, if it didn't rain acid on your part of the planet, it was considered good luck, and that it was.  No bounty hunters or assassins, just him, Layren, and the gov official who gave them the paperwork to fill out, and witnessed the official marriage.

That morning, they had tried to invite the old man who had saved them, but they found his apartment empty, ransacked, and desolate.  On the far wall, their was a burnt gash a couple feet in length.  No clothes, food, supplies, or anthing else was found for that matter.  Just a small, fluid filled ball with swirling colors inside.  Darius knelt down, picked it up, examined it, and put it in his pocket.

They exited, feeling sad.  Darius mentioned that Layren's grandfather wasn't going to have anybody to relate to on the floor, and she punched him in the arm jokingly.

That night, they packed and moved Jaren in.  He didn't show any happiness in front of Darius, but when Layren was showing him around the kitchen and her husband was in the living room, making sure they had all they needed, he spoke to her in a whisper, "I know he'll be good to you," then gave her a reassuring smile.  "He'll love you and care for until death do you part.  I know, because I can just see it in the way he looks at you.  I'm really happy for you."  He then put a silencing finger up to his mouth and whispered in her ear, "we won't let him know that though."  With that said, he chuckled and Darius entered.  The room became instantly solemn.

"You ready to take my precious granddaughter away from me yet?" he said in an angry, serious voice.

He swept her up in his arms, and said in a playful, taunting voice, "I thought you'd never ask!"

"Thief!"

"If you want to leave me out of your will, fine," Darius answered immediatly.  He then kissed Layren and finished with, "but I'm married to the only family you've got left.  I'll get it one way or another."  Jaren just shook his head, and waved to them in farewell, as if Solacious Crumb had been pestering him all day.

Darius picked her up in his arms, and carried her to the door.  A lobby droid followed with all of their stuff, and he carried her all of the way to the ship.

They loaded up and he said in a satisfied voice, "homeward bound," and requested for launch clearance.

-----------------------

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2006
December 2, 2005 6:27:00 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Shazam felt his head bust into the controls as a linked burst from and X-wing made direct contact with his posterier shields.  He'd managed to convert about seventy-five percent back to the sheilds when he noticed the fighter on his back a minute or two ago.

The actual count of the battle had dropped very, very quickly due to some help from the commando group now aboard the NR craft.  Whenever an X-wing decided to sweep by to try and get a better avenue for its missles, it was met by intense, point-blank turret fire that devestated their sheilds if not sizzling their weakened hulls.  Seven were left at this point and Shazam found that he was being painted every moment by missle locks or the light from the red beams of his enemies.  One might say that it meant they weren't on his squadron-mates, but it also meant one of their best had little opportunity to do what he did best, which was frustrating to Shazam. 

"Where'd you go, Nazgul Two?" Shazam threw the controls into the random movement he'd been saving up for a while, taking his time dropping into safe zones where the X-wing would have to pull up or down to get back into good firing position.  The SC's head hurt a little bit from contact on the center array, which did make him regret losing that helmet suddenly, but he recovered now and found that the enemy fighter was starting to catch on to his movements so he dived back into the sharp features of the battle he could only register as a 'fray'.  He wasn't entirelly sure how the battle had become like this, but he figured it was the triple wave attack that forced the TIE fighters off, group by group.  The good news was that the NR craft hadn't suffered any hull damage and the sheilds were holding up pretty well.  The Canton hadn't dared enter Nar Shadda central airspace, but they didn't seem to give a damn anymore as it projected itself towards the battle, the the carrier trying to meet it at about the same speed.

"Use the carrier for cover, Nazgul One," Art's voice dialed into Shazam's head as he cut his dive in half and began looking for the NR craft once again, never once flying in a straight line. 

"Your ganna have to help me out a little more than that..." Shazam heard the sound of a missle lock beep on and then end abruptly, not able to keep the TIE fighter painted long enough to let the missle loose.  Jack's voice registered just slightly when he said-

"X DOWN!  Six to go..."  And then the reasurring light of green cannon fire from behind him let him know Art had jumped the gun and decided it was time to pull the X-wing off.

Shazam flew with less sporatic movement and began redirecting power to his engines, heading toward the NR craft as quickly as he could without undermining his own attempts to stay safe. Shazam, the X-wing, and Art began a game of follow the leader, the three of them looking like some massive creature's tail swatting insects out of the area around it.  Just below them, at the angle Shazam could look down at, the planet of Nar Shadda was hazed over in its usual way with a feeling of griminess; broken traffic lights and abandoned buildings came to mind as Shazam pulled up upon noticing the X-wing pull off.

The NR pilot had spent long a long enough amount of time trying to take Shazam down while avoiding Art's fire from behind to finally figure out it would be near impossible.  This is my chance, Shazam thought. 

The SC couldn't push the throttle up anymore so he just sat in his seat with boyish intent, ready to claim his revenge when he noticed a heavilly damaged X-wing on a crash course with him.  Shazam watched the fighter come at him in slow-motion and then thought to himself," this is ganna really hurt," and threw the control yoke to the left, cutting the engines on the same side, allowing for greater spin. 

Shazam felt his head crush into the panel to his right and some glass shatter with tiny peices sticking into the side of his head.  The Interceptor shook horrendously as the X-wing grazed the sickly remains of his shields and exploded after getting about a hundred meters past him.  The imperial pilot swayed as much as he could within the harness and felt around for the controls, listening to the buzzing in his ears rather than the voice of his wingman.  His eyes watered momentarilly, with his right arm thrashing about for a moment longer as the sting exploded from his concussion to the inards of his chest, forcing him to seize himself and hold the yoke as firmly as he could.  He convulsed for a second and then raise his eyes to the viewport and threw himself into the battle, forcing all his hatred upon the X-wing from before.  It hadn't even come close causing the lastest event, but the SC didn't care and acted out of his hatred, throwing away the common precept," don't fly angry..."  This wasn't anger.

He could see Art ahead and still didn't bother answering him.  "Are you alright?  You there?" It was just part of the background noise now.  Shazam left the power the way it was and decided to cut off the pair of ships as they began a sharp descent.  He didn't quite care about the weapons envelope as he rushed into the line of speeding fighters, but he was quick to fall in line.

"Three fighters remaining," Shazam heard the number clearly and let it fuel his focus, ignoring the voice of a Canton technician.

"Enemies are bugging out," Art said and pulled out of the chase suddenly, " The NR craft has docked with the Canton and the package is being delivered," he said in his announcers voice and Shazam noticed that Trevor had formed up on his right wing. 

The SC barreled left, giving himself a little more space between he and the wingman and then let out a combined burst into the X-wing's hindquarters.  The sheild flashed the first time, and then shuddered, falling completely the second time.  Shazam was really riding the NR craft, taking another shot and feeling it splash against the upper left engine.  Another shot- same engine, more smoke and debris. 

"You gotta a good shot from there, Nazgul Three?" Shazam fired once again, this time only pitter-pattering the undercarriage of the ship.

"Sure thing, Nazgul leader," the young man lifted his right hand to the missle lock knobs and Shazam pulled up sharply, exposing the crippled X-wing.  Trevor kept his distance and got the lock as quickly as he could; Shazam had reformed on Trevor's wing.

"Nazgul, report in," he said as his flight member let off the final shot of the battle.  The missle took no time at all finding its decrepit target, oblitering it in the way Shazam would have liked to had it not been for his defense mechanism's telling him not to destroy an enemy with such an intensity.  Certain rules existed in Shazam's mind that he wasn't sure he understood...

"Nazgul two reporting..."

"Nazgul three..."

"Nazgul four," Shazam noted that Jen had reported in despite the fact that she was still aboard the NR craft.

"We're missing someone..." Tokijin said instead of reporting; she seemed worried...

"We'll cover our bases once I'm aboard..."

*The Canton- Twenty Minutes later*

"How did we lose Dar?" Shazam's arms pulsed with a new passion.  Could he have possibly lost two people in a mission due to sheer incompetance?  He'd be court martialed!

"Well, we didn't actually lose him, he took off on his own," Lulansk added as the two of them strode to the bridge with Jen almost jogging to keep up.  The SC flew around a corner, making hard contact with something he couldn't even see.

"Whoa, you alright, bud?" Shazam stood straight, blinking his eyes remembering the X-wing encounter and then the little boy on the ground.

The little man rubbed his forehead and then pushed himself from the ground, holding an envelope with Henson's seal on it.  Shazam patted the kid on the shoulder and resumed his hectic pace to the bridge.

The seal popped open with no effort at all and Shazam slipped out the letter within.  The peice had only a short body and scribbled signature.

"We have news on your squadron-mate.  Come to the bridge..." Henson said outloud as Shazam rounded the corner into the room filled with techs and system arrays.  Shazam looked up with anomolous eyes, not sure of what to expect.  He fold the letter and put it back in the envelope before speaking.

"What do you have?"

"He has made contact and will be with us in a few short days.  He is fine and requires no medical attention.  He also says he will have some things to sort out once he has returned, not sure on what he means, but he may be questioned on his disappearence out of Naval Procedure."  Henson dropped one of his arms out from behind his back and smiled.  Shazam took the hand and felt the releif flood over him, not really saying anything coherant. 

"As for you mission...  Excellent.  I see you managed to keep some things that I taught you all those years ago, fresh in your mind..."  The two naval officers were grinning from ear to ear, but the slightly snootier looking man directly behind him seemed extremely absorbed in something that irked him during their conversation.

"And this is?" Shazam queried, not recognizing the man at first.  The gelled hair on his head rose a little in surprise and maybe resentment as he made a self-absorbed look and began examining his hands. 

"This is Derkson...  The man you rescued?" Henson tried to help him out a little.

"And a great job you did, too..." the man said under his breath.  Something wicked built up in Shazam's chest instantly, but he held it back, suddenly understanding what this man was.  He didn't create the ships...  He didn't even help construct them.

"You must be the banker..." Shazam had a bitter taste to his tone and said nothing more, his eyes peircing the man without mercy.  Derkson looked away as Shazam began to think of Gladius and his sacrifice, intentinal or not.  He was proud of his men, but people like Derkson brought the excellence out of such a triumph.  Shazam met eyes with his old friend once again, then rose up to his full heigth and gave a sulute.  Henson did the same and then Shazam spun on his heal and exited curtly.  The day was over and he'd done all there was to do...  It was best he didn't think on these events for too long... 

Shazam continued through the doorway and thought to himself-" Time to go sulk in the messhall with some coco..."

(Well done everyone.  The scores will be posted on the main thread.  I hope you'll all be at the meeting, :>)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited December 2, 2005 10:30:29 PM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul: M2, Narshadda  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:53:44 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 63  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >