Author
Topic:  Chatham
Vukan
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  278
Total Posts:  234
  RE: Chatham
February 21, 2004 1:13:07 PM    View the profile of Vukan 
Oh, yeah, I ever implied anything along the lines of my being in Kuwait had to do with anything, sure.  And why don't you go back and read my post again.  Obviously your reading comprehension needs a little work.

-----------------------
FM/Leading Crewman Vukan/Kaph 2-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE {=A=}

"And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter: and he went down and dwelt in the top of the rock Etam." -Judges 15:8
Chatham
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  79
February 21, 2004 1:28:56 PM    View the profile of Chatham 
Vukan...this is beginning to get quite annoying.  I known that I can get annoying sometimes, but making big long senseless posts about yourself is getting on mine, and a few others nerves.  I just wanted to let you know to cool down, and stop telling everyone that they don't know what they're talking about, because they do, I assure you

-----------------------
FM/LCR Chatham/Kaph 3-3/PheonixWing/m/SSD Atrus/1VEDF/VEN (=A=)

"Goodaye' Mate"

Vukan
ComNet Cadet

Post Number:  278
Total Posts:  234
February 21, 2004 2:13:49 PM    View the profile of Vukan 
I dont know where you come from in all of this Chatham, but I am not talking about myself.  I dont know if you read my posts or if you just read Hayashi's.

-----------------------
FM/Leading Crewman Vukan/Kaph 2-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE {=A=}

"And he smote them hip and thigh with a great slaughter: and he went down and dwelt in the top of the rock Etam." -Judges 15:8
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
February 21, 2004 3:18:23 PM    View the profile of Fury 
That's all very funny.  I have been known to work long days and come online.  And read a book.  And make dinner, watch the news and spend time with my wife.

Oh, English was the second language in my home for awhile when I was growing up.

Plus, we have people from many countries who join our club and take the time to learn English and do a damn fantastic job of it.

That social argument closed (I hope), let's be clear on a couple things.  Yes, it is horrible to rip on people for posting in bad grammar.  Its one of the things that drove people out of the club when Spart & Co. would sit online and openly taunt and correct people.  Seriously, be adult and don't get your kicks on correcting the language of teenage kids.  You really don't want to be compared to the Alaskan Disaster.

All that said, its important - if you want to be taken seriously - to take the time to look over your posts.  Spell check them if you need to.  I have heard of a few members throughout my past three plus years here that say that writing here has helped them with their real life tasks.  Its true, we are a faceless group with what should be a higher comfort level and not any "grades" given for work put out.  So, take the time to do it as correctly as you can.  Don't rush a post if a couple extra moments could make it better. It is easier to take someone seriously if it looks like they took the time to respect their readers.  If you have problems, you have problems, but we can be a place to help if we see the effort being put forth.

-----------------------
PRF/GEN Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
Rema
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  1056
February 21, 2004 4:45:38 PM    View the profile of Rema 
Well put.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
To Nom Anor, a truly superior Yuuzhan Vong.
TRP/CPL Rema/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA]
Hashi Shiyun
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  539
Total Posts:  779
February 21, 2004 8:56:54 PM    View the profile of Hashi Shiyun 
Yeah, what Fury said. Just glance over your post for a sec and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. Not that hard to do, and it's a good habit, online and in real life.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
-----------------------
Sergeant Hashi Shiyun [IH] [SoA] [LoR]
- Jester Squad, Storm Platoon.
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
February 21, 2004 10:50:21 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
ya, Fury, im not going to start an argument again, but what i do is extremely physucal work, however i do read when i can be sure im not going to bleed on the books. i read when i can and as long as i can sence i really like the books im reading now. i didnt mean i get on the computer instead of reading, i just ment that my spelling and grammer tend to suffer when im tired.
of course i also do understand my spelling and grammer needs some all around work and am working on that as best to my abilities. Fury, thank you for being atleast somewhat of a voice of reason among the madness, i truthfully am not trying to further this argument, just addressing a few things, if you realy must argue im at  [email protected]

also Fury, i am 15 and am very out of shape after last summer, i do my best at my job, but my squad boss is a moron and normaly ends up making twice as much work for us. about the English thing, damn, most people from other countries speak better english than me, the germans i've met use words i've never even heard of and the french knew every single swear word, it was like they had read a book full of them. i think i've covered everything. if not then EMAIL ME realy continueing this arguement in public is just bad manners, and my spelling and grammer have nothing to do with my manners so get that thought out of your head, and yes i have bad manners, i am proud of it, if you want to argue email me, my inbox is barren as is anyway, i could use something to keep me busy.

that said.

Well put Fury.

-----------------------
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
TRP/FTC/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
February 21, 2004 11:15:37 PM    View the profile of Fury 
If it helps, I found this page on a simple search for grammar tips. 

There are a lot of articles and I believe everyone could benefit by browsing through at least a few of them.

-----------------------
PRF/GEN Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [SCP][PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Prefect - Stormtrooper Corps
Administrator - Imperial Center
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  930
Total Posts:  2064
February 23, 2004 5:58:53 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Vukan,  American kids really do butcher the English language, I hear their crap everyday at my school. And if you're so cultured, then I'm sure that you can tell me in what play Prof. Henry Higgins says that there are "even places where English completely disappears (in America they haven't used it in years)."

-----------------------
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstien

"There is a certain kind of peace that can be found only on the other side of war." -Sean Connery as King Arthur in "First Knight."

"People like you are the reason people like me take medication." -Cool T-shirt

FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]
[This message has been edited by chipmunk man (edited February 23, 2004 6:01:46 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
February 23, 2004 8:32:40 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
We speak American.  It's just different enough from English to cause a few headaches but it's still somewhat the same language.

English is my first language but my grammer ain't that great and on a good day I only misspell a tenth of what I write.

Combined with what I went through studying japanese at high school and teaching myself german I have an appreciation for what our members in other lands that speak other languages go through.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
February 23, 2004 8:41:13 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
i do my best at my job, but my squad boss is a moron and normaly ends up making twice as much work for us.

I really hope you didn't mean that Snipes, cause if so, we have a problem and I need to talk to you ASAP about this. Disrespect for any Squad Leader or Assistant Squad Leader will not be tolerated.

Edit: Unless of course you're talking about something at school that you're involved in, such as ROTC maybe?

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Squad Leader - Raiders Sqaud
Vast Empire Army
SL/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE(LM)(ES)(SoS)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Lion 1-4/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side - Otto Vox
[This message has been edited by Otto Vox (edited February 23, 2004 8:57:30 AM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
February 23, 2004 6:42:33 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
im talking about work, as in my RL job, the guy is a moron and make twice as much work as is neccesay. i wasnt talking about you Otto, your good, so dont be offended.

-----------------------
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
TRP/FTC/SGT Sniping101/CrazyRAIDERS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]
I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I see an ARC all short and stout, BOOM!  He flies through the hall and out. -anonymous
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
February 25, 2004 2:35:41 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
I need to post to what chipmunk said...
A) I have never seen the play, though the name does sound familiar.  The difference between being and not being cultured doesn't have anything to do with how  many plays you see or don't see, and just in case you didn't notice, I never implied I was cultured.
B) Stop classifying people as a whole.  I don't care if 99/100 people in the US can't speak English correctly, 1 percent of 200 million, if you can't do the math, is 2 million people.  Hmm, quite a lot if you ask me.  Don't assume because people in your school don't speak English well that at other places they don't. I don't make the assumption that everyone speaks Englsih well, but I do, based on hard facts, say that many people, in fact, know how to use the English language properly.

-----------------------
Former Venom, Kaph, Dread Knights, RAIDERS
Former PO2, Crewman, PFC, CPL
Former FL, FM, SM
--------------------------------------------
Chief Editor
Vast Empire Today
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Chatham  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:32:57 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 105  |  Bots - 1