Author
Topic:  ESC Viper Mission 3
Gardoon
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  31
  RE: ESC Viper Mission 3
August 22, 2002 3:00:01 PM    View the profile of Gardoon 
[ooc: Sorry, that might have been a bad post (the last one)   Gardoon thought to himself as he was begging to pick out a feezable target,  "I am gonna get my ass kicked for sleeping this mission in"  beeeep, the tone told him he had lock on one of the tie's.  Gard swithch to quad the deadly quad blast, and fired two quads at the oncoming tie, 3 hit the tie, blocking it to smitharines.    Warmaker was making his attack run on the interceptor that was about to take Hammerman out.  Warmaker swithed to duel fire, and hit the trigger 3 time, letting out 6 deadly lazer blasts that ripped the interceptor apart.   "Thanx for the save," cried Hammerman, "I didnt want to loose this mission just "yet".   Gardoon gave WM a "congradulations," and switched to advanced missiles, he felt a huge blast and started twirling.........  Recharging shields, i should be alright.........................................
scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
August 22, 2002 6:14:43 PM    View the profile of scout 
One thing scout enjoyed about tie fighters was how they were so frail and weak. Only a couple of laser bolts were needed to turn one into slag. The fun thing was using countermeasures against them. Piet did say anthing so scout got flares and a decoy beam. He liked to use the beam for his countermeasures. Luckily he didn't even need the beam. He was just taking out tie after tie. The sheildless things just went down so fast. One funny thing he tried once was to shoot out one of the tie's flight control systems so it rammed a frigate. "Ha look at that guy go!" scout exclaimed as the helpless fighter slammed into the frigate with  a small explosion. "Stay focused scout, we don't want you getting shot down, okay?" warmaker replied to his games with the ties. "Yes, sir," scout managed to say as he quickly turned his ship to one side to avoid being hit by the many ties that flew out to attack his squad. Meanwhile back at the control room Piett was waiting for a message from Warmaker or anyone as he heard a garbled message, " he...o..i..an...one..th..r..if...an...ear...s.. se...ply." came through. "This is Piett. Who is this? Hello?" Piett hopefully replied into the comm as the static returned.
"You can't cheat death forever, but you can sure make the bastard work for it." po2/LCRW scout/Viper 3-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by (edited August 26, 2002 4:18:41 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 24, 2002 1:01:27 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: It's `Piett, not Piet! Just as anticipated, `Piett replied to WarMakers message. (Or so he thought.) "WM, this is `Piett. We're having difficulties here." "What kind of problem could you have from watching the sim?" "That's just it, Zed and I can't get nothing to work. Your screen comes on, but all we get is snow." Then `Piett thought to himself "I hope they're doing all right." Meanwhile, things were heating up for Viper Squadron in the sim. Scout and the rest of them had an endless amount of tie fighters to contend with. This was an easy challenge, for Tie Fighters against Defenders are a useless battle. The Defenders are sure to win....unless of course the Fighters concentrate all firepower at a single Defender. Chances are pretty well in the favor of the Defender blowing up then. Luckily, rookie pilots were not that smart.......or were they? Only the pilots flying against them could tell for sure. Not much can be said about the mission from the control room, when all that works is a communications setup. `Piett and Zed knew that very well. Warmaker was still confused as to how only the communications would work, and not the rest of the equiptment. "So you get no picture at all, and where is Zed?" "Downstairs doing a status check. It is our opinion we're being hacked into by something....or someone!" "Impossible....we would have seen something by now." "Well, okay. But just watch out for yourselves. They could already be there......"

-----------------------
Sargeant First Class Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Hammerman
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  180
August 24, 2002 6:50:26 PM    View the profile of Hammerman 
“Well this is no good,” Hammerman thought to himself. He and Sheepy were tag teaming the attacker thought they’re seemed to be too many of them. Hammerman saw his shields fading fast and was forced to divert some energy into them. “Why wont  you all die!” Hammerman yelled at the fighters. The space in which the heaviest part of the battle was taking place was becoming thick with debris from all the exploded TIE fighters. “Sheepy, spin up.” Sheepy did as he was told and Hammerman shredded the bogey the followed Sheepy into his sights. “Bah on all this.” Hammerman thought. “The fighters are not even attacking the station anymore. Its seems as though They are focusing on us.” However there is some logic in attacking the fighters first. By eliminating the fighter screen, the station becomes easy pickins. Yet another TIE exploded as Hammerman fried a pesky one. An explosion lit up Hammerman’s controls from behind. “Thanks Sheep,” Hammerman called. “No problem Hammer.” Sheep replied. “Spread out squad,” Warmaker  called out, “Perhaps if we are less concentrated we can isolate Groups of  them and destroy them.” The flight leaders responded and each flight began to fan out away from the station. Hammerman’s flight was the smallest with two members and he and Sheep were left with a big challenge. “Oh good,” Hammerman though, “A challenge.”

-----------------------
PO1 Hammerman
FM/PO1 Hammerman/Viper 2-4/WingOne/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=) (=SA=)(=JPCA=)
"Its Hammertime!"
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 26, 2002 5:14:03 PM    View the profile of scout 
"Wow, you would have thought that they would have given us a better mission than this, you know. Tie defenders against the weakest and cheapest fighter out there? I think someone's up to something, so stay sharp guys." scout said. "Okay, I think something's going to go very wrong in a little while." g5 told him. Flight three flew away from the rest of the group in the pursuit of another flight of helples tie's. Without Piett they were doing ok, but that was against countless waves of tie fighters. Meanwhile flight one was having the same luck, mostly dull shooting of the vast sea of turkeys. Sure enough the pilots were seemingly rookies. Scout turned to his cup holder and dared a sip of his drink. It payed off. He accidentally moved his joystick and avoided a collision with a tie and at the same time quenched his thirst. "Ahh nothing like a Dr. Pepper." scout said to himself. "Back to work scout we don't want our pilots out of the sims because they were 'thirsty'." Warmaker said. Flight two was having the same problem as everyone else. There was no challenge. Sheepy and Hammerman were just too good with the defenders to get "killed" by the swarm. Back at flight three Gravin noticed a movement of a particularly big dot on his radar. The lancers were moving. "Shoot, guys I think we have a problem. The lancers are moving and their target is, if I'm not mistaken, bluepoint 5." Gravin told eveyone. "I see them, let's keep them from getting there." scout said in reply. "Not so fast, you must have forgotten, the people in those lancers aren't these rookies we've been taking out squadron by squadron. They'll just kill you before you can get in to attack." Warmaker told him. "Well we can't let those lancers get to bluepoint, but they'll rip us to shreds if we go in to attack them. What can we do?" Scout said.

-----------------------
-->

"You can't cheat death forever, but you can sure make the bastard work for it."

po2/LCRW scout/Viper 3-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 26, 2002 10:43:15 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
MegaDeth suddenly came up with an idea. It was a risky one, but it might just save them. All fire must be concentrated on the lancers. If they sat there, bluepoint5 would be destroyed. If they went in and failed, they would be destroyed. "It's a tough choice to make." said Warmaker."Another think to consider is that we are down two of our flight leaders. That puts us at a disadvantage." "Good point." replied MegaDeth."I think it's just a risk we have to take." Piett was getting audio suddenly for some reason. He could at least hear what was going on. He agreed with MegaDeth. They needed to take a chance. He decided to try and communicate with them. "If anyone can hear me: this is `Piett. I say you go with MegaDeth's idea. It may be risky, but you guys have TieDefenders. Fire-link your laser and ion cannons. It may be your only hope." The squad was in shock: wondering how `Piett was able to communicate with them through the busted control room. While `Piett listened to them squabbling, his comlink went off. It was Zed. "Yo `P. I found the problem. Someone's been messing with the wires down here. I fixed all the problems. I'm coming up. The Video should be on in moments." "Ok Zed. That's great. See you in a few minutes." `Piett replied. Just then the monitors turned on, and everything lit up in the control room. It made `Piett wonder though. Who could have been messing with the wires to the control room. Zed returned to the control room exausted. `Piett offered him a chair. "You did great." he said "Thanks. Did you let Warmaker know yet?" Zed asked. "No. I'm not gonna bother him with petty details now." "What you mean petty?" "They got bigger problems on their hands." "?????????" Piett motioned to the monitor. "Take a look for yourself."

-----------------------
Sargeant First Class Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 27, 2002 5:26:29 PM    View the profile of scout 
"Everybody get in formation. This may be our only chance at defending bluepoint." Warmaker said. Scout moved his defender in towards flight 1. Firelinking his lasers and ions he could take out a tie with only one hit. It took a little bit of fighting but he finally made it. "Any idea who is behind this? a malfunctioning repair droid perhaps?" scout suggested. "No clue, but we're bound to find out." Piett replied. "Maybe they can hack into the stats of the lancers too." scout said. "If that's the case this could get pretty bad for us." Hammerman said. The rest of Viper moved into the V formation with flight 1 as they mounted their attack on the lancers. The Tie defenders were very formidable opponents to a group of tie fighters but to a group of lancers they were just another minor disturbance. It seemed hopless as...  
"You can't cheat death forever, but you can sure make the bastard work for it." po2/LCRW scout/Viper 3-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by (edited August 27, 2002 5:27:25 PM)]
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
August 27, 2002 5:47:41 PM    View the profile of Warmaker 
warmaker saw on his screen that the shields from one of the lanceres slowly dropped gen zero "Concentrate the Fire on the first Lancer, we have it nearly, all Vipers, fire free" orderd Warmaker out of all the Lasers and ions cannons, the Tie defenders from Viper Squadron fired on the first Lancer Frigatte, let the remaining shield power dropp down to zero. The ions worked quicker then the Lasers and the Lancer got disabled with still 60 percent hull remaining. "Good work Vipers, one down, use the Lancer as shield before the other ships, they will think two tims to shoot before they destroy theyr helpless comrades in it" sayd Warmaker Behind a Lancer wasent much place for severall Tie defenders, but the Viper Pilots where quick with theyr flightsticks and danced behind the helpless ship to get a hit on the other ones. Warmaker looked on his tactical screen, the rush against the first lancer cost all a lot shields, a  few Defenders lost theyr shields and got minor damage on the hull "Refresh your shields if you can, we will need them in our next attack run" said Warmaker "Affirmatice" comes the reply from the pilots. Warmaker looked on his own Shield Power, it has dropped heavily down, but now  he refreshs it and was again at 50 percent "Soon we are full again and can jump out for another attack, soon....." thought Warmaker as he switched again laser energy to the shields .....

-----------------------
CMDR/DJK/LCM Warmaker/Viper 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B] [SV] [CBV] [IC]

Wing Commander Phoenix Wing
Viper Squadron Commander

"You can run, but you cannot hide"
"Have you ever kissed a Snake?"
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 28, 2002 6:09:37 PM    View the profile of scout 
Scout's sheilds had been nearly completly depleted. He had not bothered to set the recharge rate for more than just maintinence level. He quickly dumped some power from his quickly recharging lasers into his sheilds. The four laser cannons and two ion cannons were quite effective when used in numbers and were kept charged. The other lancers realizing the the threat turned about and moved in to surround the defenders with the disabled lancer in the front and the others closing in at the sides. They opened fire on the defenders but Viper squadron was one step ahead of them. They had already moved into a weakpoint in the defences, at Warmaker's command and started to disable it too when the tie pilots all moved in to protect their lancers from this unlikely attack. "Ignore the fighters, we need to take out the lancers first." Warmaker commanded. "Yes, sir," Scout replied as his squad took out the rest of the systems of the lancer. "Warmaker, I think we should also target their specific systems with our warheads so they can't recover. I mean after they have been taken care of." scout suggested. "Sounds good but concentrate on disabling the other lancer." warmaker said. Scout's hull had actually been damaged when the tie fighters came in to assist the lancers. He had to constantly drain his weapon power to supplement the sheilds so they could take this beating. "Almost there. We've almost got it." Hammerman said entusiastically
[This message has been edited by (edited August 28, 2002 6:14:04 PM)]
Hammerman
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  180
August 30, 2002 5:44:59 PM    View the profile of Hammerman 
“Hot dang!” Hammerman called out. “We got it!” Hammerman flew a victory lap around the lancer frigate  and its debris.  Destroying the Lancer Frigate had been a chore and  it had felt like running a marathon. It seemed as though the dang thing wouldn’t die. The victory was short lived though as more fighters flew in to attack the worn out Viper. “Warmaker, we can’t fight them all forever.” “Concentrate on the lancers, then the fighters.” Hammerman wanted desperately to obey but the pesky fighters wouldn’t let him get a clear shot. “ Aww sonofabitch. I hate these freaking TIES.” Hammerman launched a warhead into the hull of a Tie and watched it explode. In a sense the explosions were almost beautiful in the Sim. Without having to care about  the loss of human life, the pilots were able to look upon the destruction of a fighter as a thing of beauty., a work of art that was created out of steel and lasers. But, the more pressing concern at the moment was the lancer frigates. The many torrents that peppered the sides of the frigates were becoming an annoyance. “Lets go Viper!” Hammerman yelled as he made a run on the closest frigate.

-----------------------
PO1 Hammerman
FM/PO1 Hammerman/Viper 2-4/WingOne/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=) (=SA=)(=JPCA=)
"Its Hammertime!"
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > ESC Viper Mission 3  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:07:38 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 78  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >