Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Elite Viper Squadron Story Posts

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Elite Viper Squadron Story Posts
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
  RE: Elite Viper Squadron Story Posts
October 11, 2001 9:56:10 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
(A few minutes before Emon's post) Tarkin had managed to signal to Piett to aim for the cockpit so that the air-tight hatch would break.  With Piett's great aiming, the hatch broke open with the Rebel pilot still alive inside.  Cosmic knocked the pilot out with a punch to the chin and managed to sit on top of him in the cockpit and send the message that everything was ok. (Present time) Tarkin quickly grabbed the controls and tried to figure out what was what, here.  He hadn't exactly got into Y Wing Training School, so these controls were new to him.  He finally found that the controls were actually pretty easy to handle. "Viper Leader, this is Viper Five, come in over."  "This is Viper Leader, go ahead Five." "Sir, this thing is a slow tugboat.  You'd better keep those 'Wings off my back until I can land this sucker on the ground, or I'll get my butt fried." "Understood.  Attention all Vipers, forget the Flight Leader for now, concentrate on protecting Tarkin's Y Wing from enemy fire." "Sir," began Emon.  "How do the Rebels know we've taken over their fighter in the first place?" "They've had fighters all over the place, I'm sure they haven't missed the scene where the TIE Interceptor moves in close and the Y Wing doesn't do anything, scene.  Keep a close eye on him.  However, if the Flight Leader comes in close, blast him."

-----------------------
EFM/SRCRW Tarkin/Viper 2-4/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV]

"Here's your choice: Empire or Rebel Alliance...Ruler or Slave." - Tarkin
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
October 14, 2001 8:48:09 PM    View the profile of Talon 
Claw looked over his left shoulder and saw the rest of his squadron.  Cutting hard into the turn forced Claw into his seat, but he loved the feel of it.  He was alive only when he was drunk, in a bar fight, or flying.  His radio chirped and the familiar voice of Rear Admiral Sythspawn said "Claw.. It's time.  Sorry, I know you're having fun out there, but your time has come." Claw silently slammed his fist into his thigh and said "Copy, Syths.  Be right there."  Claw switched his frequency back to Viper's and said, "Viper squadron, I am sorry to say that it is time for me to return to my position as advisor for the Naval High Command.  I have had some great times flying with you, and I know you will all do well.  Listen to your commander and never fly strait and level...  Those are my only two words of wisdom." Good-byes went all the way through the ranks, until finally Tyco said his "good-bye."  Claw cut his stick hard to the left and sped away from his former (x2) squadron.  It was time once again to leave Viper. (OOC: Good luck Viper.  I've had fun flying with you.  Keep Viper Elite or I'll have to smack ya around. ) -Rear Admiral Lower Half Vincent "Claw" Taurus Former Training Officer Former Elite Viper Flight Leader and XO Advisor to the Naval High Command
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited October 14, 2001 8:54:31 PM)]
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 17, 2001 8:18:48 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin looked on the Y Wings sensors....red dots were surrounding his fighter...good...however, he saw a bunch of green dots coming towards them...bad. "This is Viper Five, come in all Vipers, over." A simoultanious "Vipers here."  Came to him. "Check your sensors, there's a wave of enemy fighters heading my way.  I'm almost to base.  Looks like about ten miles from here.  Keep those fighters off my back until I can safely get through the Anti Aircraft weapons." "Copy that." Said a simoultanious voice. All Viper fighters except one, Piett, was engaging the enemy. Piett was flying as Tarkin's guard. As the other Viper fighters stared at the enemy headon, they realized that there were a lot more than twenty fighters heading their way...they wondered at that point if they would come out of this without a dent on their T/I's.

-----------------------

Emon
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  42
October 17, 2001 10:26:52 PM    View the profile of Emon 
Emon was flying around with the rest of Viper squadron when Claw left. Now he was trying to figure out what the squadron's future stratagy will be. He knew once they got the information they needed from that pilot that they would be in good shape.
[This message has been edited by Emon (edited October 20, 2001 8:18:33 AM)]
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 18, 2001 6:59:01 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: Emon, I'm not in a TIE Interceptor, I'm not fighting either. I'm in the Y Wing on the way to the base.  So, before I write something down, I'll let you rewrite your post.

-----------------------

g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
October 22, 2001 7:27:18 PM    View the profile of g5 
"Lead, two, i'm on your wing high nd right." "two, Lead, I copy, gor for X-wing 2. On my mark dive left. I'll get out of the way. I'm going to draw the fire while you vape him." G5 saw the X-wing they were gunning for. He timed his rudder to spin right in time with Piett. Once on the correct vector he prepared for the dive. He was going to hve to drop relative altitude while keeping his attitude the same. fter he made the dive we was planning on rolling out and findin Piett. As the numbers ticked down on his HUD G5 started to sweat. He knew that to stay alive he would need to pause for a tenth of a second or less to keep the fire on Piett ond of of himself. wait too long and Piett's history, Too quick he would be vped. All of a sudden they were close. "Mark!"   G5 paused for a millisecond before dropping into the spot just occupied by Piett. Lead had performed admirably, keeping the fire on himself by managing to keep himself in a shooting position while he went up. The rebel pilot was good but not great. He honored Piett's move for one hundredth of a second before relizing G5 was crossing right through the crosshairs. That cost him his life. It was too late to change his mentl focus and squeeze off shot.   Piett knew that a quad blst wouldn't kill an X-Wing so as G5 squeezed off his shot Piett fired one dual blast just fter G5's quad blast, the shields surged forwrd to counter the energy. Piett's shot timed this perfectly, piercing the engine cowling with two clean little holes. THe enging failure let piett get of another shot. This one hit the cockpit, killing the pilot by asphyxiation.   After joining back up and exchanging the obligatory congratulations the two pilots began the search for more scum.
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 22, 2001 9:56:51 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Viper Five, Tarkin, was almost to the Imperial Base.  Just two hundred more yards.  Laser-fire was overhead and he knew that he didn't have much time before the X Wings would try to ignore the TIE Intercepters and aim for the Enemy Y Wing. One hundred yards. Tarkin saw an X Wing in front of him, engine smoking. "Keep on 'em guys! I'm almost there! Fifty yards!" "Roger that." Said all the pilots simoultaniously. Tarkin already had the Y Wing on full throttle, but still it was very slow.  Tarkin saw two X Wings zip right by in. They were in front of him, and turning around!  They were going to fire on him! Tarkin quickly activated the onboard-mini-ion cannon and aimed it at an X Wing....fired.  The X Wing saw the Ion cannon, but it was too late. His fighter was sent out of control, then being destroyed by a TIE Intercepter. Tarkin didn't have time to aim at the other X Wing, it fired. The Y Wing shook so hard, it nearly sent him flying forward.  Tarkin quickly heard an alarm. "No!"  Said Tarkin, under his breath.  Shields were at 9% and failing fast! The X Wing zipped by him once more.  "Tarkin to all fighters, I need immediate assistants, there is an X Wing in front of me who is going to attack.  Destroy the X Wing! I have nine percent on shields and failing fast. One more shot will blow me to an oblivion!" "Copy that." Said Piett.  Piett's T/I came about and fired on the X Wing, right before it could fire on Tarkin... The Y Wing passed the Anti-Aircraft missile turrets and safely into the Imperial AirBase...

-----------------------

g5
ComNet Member

October 23, 2001 3:02:55 PM    View the profile of g5 
((OOC:  VIpes, were way behind in posts let's hop to it. I don't want to lose elite to a bunch of metuers with a scottish leader. We need a win in number and quality. Now turn up tohe perfomnce.)) Piett came on the com. "Ok vipers, good job getting Tarkin back to the base, now let's vape some X's. Everyon form up as flights. Ech FC can set up a plan for his flight. Mine will form up on me in  delta. I'm point, 2 is high and right, 3 and 4 are high nd left." He switched over to the flight frequency. Ok, were going to break of into pairs on my mark. 3 and 4 you go after bogie designated 10, after that it's up to you. i'm taking X-wing 11. We'll all vector to X-8 right now. On mark Beta(3 and 4) will go up and right hard. I'll dive and G5 will drop in for the kill. Now get ready."   From his expieriences a few minutes earlier he knew a quad blst wouldn't take down the X-wing. G5 prepared to flip over to dual lasers s soon as the first qud blast whas away. As emotions were rushing through his head the distance was going down faster than he thought. He'd hve to delay just as he had before, but this time the delay was before hitting the rudder to get the X in his crosshairs.   all of a sudden he realized they were just out of range. they were in! "Mark!." G5 faked a dive for  tenth of a tenth of a second and then poped bock up. As soon as G5 heard the plan he knew the Rebel was dead. He squeezed the trigger flipped the switch to go over to dul fire and pulled the trigger again in one fluid motion. Expecting to have to finish the X like he had earlier Piett shot one dual blst. The four spears of light converged on the X-wing at almost the the sme time.   With joy in his voice, 3 called the two of them to tell them that they would have to watch the film to give credit for the kill. That was his way of giving thanks. Either way Piett and Gee had pulled the same trick twice with the the same fantastic results both times.   G5 called Piett on the private com, "What, you think i don't learn how to kill scum that fst? I never make the same mistake twice buddy." Both of them were chuckling when they switched back to the squdron channel. Piett checked on the rest of the flight and then started to devise a pln for taking down the red dot with an 11 above it. As a pair him and gee were hving career day. He knew it couldn't last forever though, someone would make a mistake sooner or later. He could only hope that it was later. He hted writing the letters to family members of former flyers in the squdron.
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 23, 2001 9:14:16 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Piett quickly docked alongside the newly acquired Y Wing.  Piett had Tarkin's TIE Intercepter attached to his T/I.  Tarkin watched as Piett slowly touched the ground.  The cables unhooked and Tarkin's T/I was freed. Tarkin quickly got into his Intercepter and started up the engines. Piett was already up and headed towards the battle.  Tarkin quickly ascended and made full throttle all the way to the battle. "Ok Vipers, this is Viper Five, I'm back in action.  Good cover." "Good to have you back, Five." Said the Viper Leader. Tarkin saw many X Wings...he spotted one and trailed it...He speed up and quickly cut right in front of it, causing the X Wing to put on the brakes and pull up. As it did, Tarkin turned around and fired.  The X Wing exploded within three seconds. He saw another incoming X Wing, and fired a laser across it's nose.  The X Wing decreased throttle and pointed it's nose down... Tarkin now made a persuit.  He followed the X Wing, making loops around the obstacles, which were other T/I's and other X Wings. Finally, he had a clear shot.  He speed up to make sure every laser was counted...fired.  The X Wing exploded and Tarkin broke off.

-----------------------

Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 23, 2001 11:02:52 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Piett snickered as he looped in the air with his T/I.  Three X Wings were after him, but couldn't keep up with an Elite Viper pilot.  Piett laughed as he put on the brakes, causing them to fly right by him, then firing. Causing the lead X Wing to explode, and causing the other X Wings to decrease in shielding. Tarkin was then spiralling towards Piett's position. "How's it going up there?"  Said Tarkin. "Pretty boring." Smiled Piett. "Hehe. Let's try to get things more exciting then.  Let's see if we can play a little game called: Destroy all the enemy Flight Leaders' fighters." Suggested Tarkin. Piett nodded and chuckled. "You're on. Let's go play!" The two T/I's swept passed four firing X Wings, evading their fire and spotted their first target: a Lead Y Wing.  "Time to drop some flies." Said Tarkin. Piett pulled up and was now diving down towards the Y Wing at full throttle.  Tarkin dove down and then pulled up, coming up from underneath the Y Wing.  "Alright! Let's let 'im have it!" Laughed Piett.  "Wahoooooo!"  Yelled Tarkin. The two Intercepter's fire caused the Y Wing's shields to drop dramatically...then exploding.  "Ya! One down and several more to go!" Said Piett. The two T/I's started spiralling to their next target...

-----------------------

Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 23, 2001 11:18:17 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
The Rebel forces were slim now.  Only ten X Wings remaining, and they were falling rapidly as well. Within a few minutes, all rebel forces were destroyed.  Tie Intercepters were swarming the sky, looking for any remainders. "This is Viper Five, calling Viper Leader."  "This is Viper Leader, go ahead Five." "Seems that on my skanners, all Rebel forces are gone." Viper Leader nodded.  "I cuncur." "If we turn back now and start planning our attack against the rebel base again, the rebels will have more time to muster up their forces. I suggest that we strike now while they're at the mercy of the Viper Squadron." Viper Leader nodded. "I'll take that suggestion.  Vipers, were going for the rebel base.  I'll signal the VE base to send in some ground support. Let's try to knock out their anti air turrets and get rid of some of those pilot barracks." "Understood." Said the voice of simoultanious Vipers. The Vipers formed back into their ^ formation and headed towards the rebel base. They were met with no air resistance, only the anti air turrets stood in their way.  The turrets were knocked out pretty fast though, since the Vipers fired in sinc at the turrets. The ground forces of the rebel alliance were scattered now. Barracks were exploding and the air was filled with the Viper Squadron....

-----------------------

"The Viper Squadron won't stop until our 'Best is Better and our Better is Best.'" - Tarkin
Piett
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  101
Total Posts:  100
October 24, 2001 5:28:43 PM    View the profile of Piett 
As the Rebels made a run for it, Piett noticed more turrets that were not taken out yet. These were more powerful than any turret that Piett had ever seen. Realizing that they would be a threat, Piett commanded the whole squadron to attack the anti-air towers. "Attention Viper Squad this is Viper Leader! If we can get the towers down, the base will be defenseless and go in for the kill! Once this base is destroyed, we will scan the area for incoming ships and destroy them if need be. Otherwise, we will destroy their base and return to ours. We really got to get back and help with some of the repairs. They may be weak, but a number of them can do major damage!" said Piett "Roger that!" replied g5 as he went in to attack one of the towers. "Piett, what if one of us gets hit, and are killed?"asked Tarkin. "Well Tarkin, that's just a chance we'll all have to take! Anyone who wants to be left out may go join the Rebels now. Otherwise, just dodge those towers' fire!" replied Piett.   ----------------------- Leading Crewman Piett Viper Squadron Flight Group2 Navy of the Vast Empire EFM/LCRW Piett/Viper2-4/m-SDD Atrus/VEN/VE[=A=][BRC][SRC][GRC] "Death is never an easy thing to live with. It happens so frequently, yet it still takes us by surprise!"--Piett
[This message has been edited by (edited October 24, 2001 5:34:02 PM)]
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 24, 2001 8:05:42 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: I realized that I'm Viper Three now from the Roster Tarkin spiralled towards the firing turrets. "I am Viper...and Viper's never die...we only inflict the poisen that is within us to our enemies..." Whispered Tarkin. Tarkin fired at the turrets "head" where all the missiles were held.  One of his lasers got through the missile hole and caused a chain reaction as the missiles exploded, causing each other to explode as well. Tarkin menouvered out of the way and headed towards the last three remaining turrets.  Piett was already on one, g5 was on another...it was just one more... Tarkin fired once again, his Intercepter getting really close this time, making sure his lasers were a difinate hits.  It was an amazing site, seeing the three turrets explode one by one.  "Ok," began Tarkin.  "Anti air turrets are down, we can start attacking the vehicle facilities." All the Vipers flew towards the facilities, creating much havoc.

-----------------------

"The Viper Squadron won't stop until our 'Best is Better and our Better is Best.'" - Tarkin
g5
ComNet Member

October 24, 2001 8:51:23 PM    View the profile of g5 
As G5 pulled out of the steep dive he had made while strafing the turret he saw a black streak shoot across the sky out of the corner of his eye. he wasn't sure what it was but he wasn't too worried. As he sent in to strafe the vehicle holding pens he saw a dot start to blink red and then off onhis sensors. He wasn't sure what it was but whatever it was it was on his six and gaining fast. He realized the it was a missile just in time to go form a veritcal up to a veritcal dive. The warhead missed him by inches. Unfortunatly it was a high quality warhead. It circled around and came after him again. This time it was set to a proximity fise but g5 didn't know that. He saw the dot come back around so he flattened out at then went into a moderatly steep climb. he wanted to have a lot of air to manuveur in if he was going to dodge the warhead. This time the warhead was coming at him straight on so he juiced his engines, planning to wait till it was almost right on top of him and then pop up over it. As he prepared for the risky manuver his whole body broke out into a clod sweat inside the flight suit. This was a life or death mater. He performed admirably, except for one thing. The warhead didn't hit him but it did come close. It was close enough that the proximity fuse went and the whole shebang exploded. luckily for G5 he had been out toward the edge of the explosion. His controls were damaged and his engines would only operate at 75%  power or less. he informed the rest of the vipers of the threat and that it went to proximity if it missed once. he also told them that he was heading back to base to get a fresh fighter. he would probably have to sit out the rest of the mission unless it lasted an unusual amount of time. He hoped for everyone's sake tht it didn't. ((OOC: sorry it's so short and low quality, i'm kid of tired right now and i've written like 4.5 pages of stuff already today. Lets go Vipers, get the activity up even higher.))
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 25, 2001 5:53:04 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin saw that g5's fighter had a small piece missing, but not enough damage to mess up his flying. Tarkin watched as g5 started leaving the Squadron back towards base. "Where you going Viper Two?" Asked Tarkin. "Back to base, Three, to get a fresh fighter." "Understood." "Anyway, watch out for those mini-missiles. They'll follow your fighter, so 'outsmart' it." "Copy that. I'll let everyone else know." "Great.  Viper Two out." Tarkin informed everyone else about this new threat as they destroyed buildings in the Rebel encampment. Suddenly, Tarkin was picking something up on rader...it was huge!  He finally got it's identification and sweat started poring down his face." "Vipers, we have a problem!  We have a Rebel Dreadnaught approaching!  Three squadrons of fighters are escorting it! X Wings, B Wings, and A Wings.  I'm not surprised if they have two or three Y Wings in the hanger bay." "God..." Said Piett slowly. Piett took a deep breath.  "We'd best turn back, sir!" Said Emon over the intercom.  "They heavily outnumber us." Piett just stared at the huge ship approaching. "Inform VE base to prepare air defenses.  Get them to send up the Kaph Squadron and Aegis Squadron. I don't care how low their forces are at the moment, we need everyone we have to get this ship destroyed.  In the meantime, were not going to fall back. As insane as this sounds...We Fly, you die.  We are the Elite Viper Squadron, and we didn't get that title for retreating!  Let's go and destroy those fighters!" Tarkin smiled. "Let's try to get the B Wings taken out first.  We'll need the more advanced Fighters wiped out before we can handle that ship." Said Tarkin.

-----------------------

Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 25, 2001 11:04:04 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
The scene was amazing.  B-Wings were chasing the TIE Intercepters and vise versa....  Unfortunately, the ship and other squadrons of rebel fighters were joining in as well... "Aarrgh!"  Said Tarkin, under his breath.  "Piett! We can't hang in here like this!  My shields are down to forty percent! We need backup!"  Piett nodded and took a deep breath. "The VE forces are already mustering. They're going to send in another Squadron ASAP." Tarkin nodded in in T/I. The other Viper pilots were trying their hardest to try and stay in...however, elite or not, there are limits.  You can't win a battle that's 5 to 1. Suddenly, Tarkin spotted friendly units closing in.  "We've got ground support!"  Said Tarkin.  "They can take out the remaining rebel encampment, but what we truely need is air support." Suddenly, another group of friendly units were appearing. "Hey Vipers. This is Aegis Squadron.  We're not called the Defensive Squadron for nothin'!" Said Aegis Leader Riel_Fury. "Good to see in this sky of battle, Aegis.  Let's get to work." Said Piett.  The two squadrons were now going head-to-head with the rebel threat.

-----------------------

Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 28, 2001 9:04:32 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: Come on Vipers! I can't do this alone. The Aegis and the Viper Squadrons were nailing each and every enemy fighter, making them drop like flies. Once all the fighers were domolished, they paid their attention to the capitol ship. "Vipers, let's take out their laser turrets and ion cannons.  We'll let Aegis take out their shield generators." "Copy that." Came from all the Vipers simoultaniously.  They all approached the ship, cautiously, but surely. Suddenly, the ship began firing as it slowly turned around. "It's trying to leave orbit!"  Said Piett. "Take out the engines!"  Yelled Riel_Fury. Both Squadrons fired at the ships engines, causing fire and explosions.  Once the hyperspace engines were knocked out, they headed towards the front of the ship, firing at the main view window...

-----------------------

g5
ComNet Member

October 29, 2001 3:05:24 PM    View the profile of g5 
Seeing that it was just a simple strafing mission now G5 returned to base. He was exhausted but knew that his squadron needed him so he hurried back to base to get a new fighter. After landing on the Mustang and finding a new TIE Interceptor G5 took off again after the fleeing Dreadnought.   The engines were being nocked out at the time by Aegis and The rest of Viper was going after the turrets. G5 saw the perfect ooportunity to do maximum damage with minimum risk. He flew in underneath the ship and matched speeds with  it. He was now just below and aft of the main landing bay. he set his lasers to single fire, hoping to hit small vulnerable components. As he sprayed shots around at the bay he realized the the ship was about to blow up. He promptly pointed his craft directly away from the ship and goosed the engines, draining all power into his engines.   He would have to recharge the lasers before he could use them but at least he would live another day. The dreadnought also knew that it would die soon unless it got to hyperspace. Hoping to do as much damage as possible It launched all of it's fighters and armed suppot craft. This included 1 squadron of Y-wings, 1 squadron of X-wings and various troop and cargo transposrts. Piett barked into the comm, "Viper, take the X-wings. Aegis, take the Y-wings. Mop up quick so that we can we can eliminate those shuttles and finish off the dreadnought."   The two squadron peeled off of thier strafing runs and found their wingmen. Then each pair strted to chase down it's own pair of ships. Soon there were loads of 2 on 2 dogfights filling space.   ((OOC: lets add more detail and Cos has a point. We are graded on how many people participate too. everyohne join the fun.))
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 29, 2001 6:35:24 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin saw that the ship was exploding, emitting fire, and was about to explode into a huge fireball itself.  Tarkin quickly stopped firing and joined the rest of the Vipers and Aegis in combatting the enemy fighters. Tarkin spiralled towards a Y Wing and quickly fired, not on the engines, but on the cockpit. After the shields were down, the cockpit hatch broke, revealing the pilot...and his corpse after a laser struck him dead. Tarkin let the Y Wing go down, saving more recharge time for his lasers. He then set off to make another attack, suddenly, an idea struck him. "Viper Three to Viper Leader, come in." "Viper Leader here." "Sir, I have a plan to destroy both the ship and the fighters simoultaniously...well, destroy most of the fighters anyway." "What's the plan?" "Piett and I will head towards the ship and fire on it. It's badly damaged and a few more hits should cause it's destruction.  Aegis and the rest of the Vipers will get as far away as you can.  As soon as we fire on the ship, Piett and I will leave, and the explosion will cause a chain reaction to the fighters."  "Good plan. Go for it.  Attention Vipers, except Tarkin and Piett, and Aegis Squadron, withdrawl. No questions." "Understood." Came the response from all ships. Piett and Tarkin went to full throttle on their TIE Interceptors to make Tarkin's plan work...

-----------------------

Jedi
ComNet n00b

October 30, 2001 9:09:12 PM    View the profile of Jedi 
OOC: Does this mean Aegis will be helping out with our storyline? Aegis squadron was about to leave when a group of unidentified spacecrafts, came into the battle scene. Neither squadron had seen these kind of ships before. "Piett, I know we planned on leaving, but we're gonna cover your butts while you destroy that ship." said Riel_Fury. "Thanks Riel. ATTENTION VIPER SQUAD: CONCENTRATE ALL FIREPOWER ON THE SHIP, THEN GO TO ASSIST THE AEGIS SQUADRON IN CLEANING UP THESE UNKNOWN SHIPS." said Piett. "Understood" seemed to be the response that Piett got from his squad. The unknown craft fired at Riel_Fury's craft. The craft had a new type of ion cannon. This one did damage AND paralyzed a ship. "Piett, hurry and kill that ship, we wont be able to keep these ships at bay much longer!" said Riel_Fury. "We'll try Riel, but it's not as easy as you may think." said Piett.

-----------------------
Sargeant Jedi
Executive Officer
Raiders' Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
XO/TRP/SGT Jedi/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE]

"If we live in a peaceful society, why is there such an abundance of Evil?--Jedi
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 31, 2001 4:46:05 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: No, this is just for Vipers. I just added Aegis. The ship was now about to be destroyed with just a couple more shots.  Tarkin and Piett fired and quickly went to full throttle in the opposite direction. A couple of seconds later, the ship exploded, causing nearby fighters to explode along with it. "Ha! Another victory!"  Said Piett. "Ya. It's starting to get old." Said Tarkin with a chuckle. All the enemy air units were now destroyed, and the ground troops were destroying the rest of the rebel encampment.

-----------------------

Jedi
ComNet n00b

October 31, 2001 5:14:33 PM    View the profile of Jedi 
The ship was destroyed, but they were not out of the woods yet. There were still many of those mysterious starships attacking the fleet. "Piett, help us now! We can't sustain much more damage." said Riel_Fury as he tried to outrun the enemy ship. "On our way Riel! ATTENTION VIPER SQUAD, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE SHIPS ARE, BUT LET'S KILL THEM ALL!" replied Piett. "Will do Piett, after that let's head for home!" said Tarkin "You got it!" replied Piett

-----------------------
Sargeant Jedi
Executive Officer
Raiders' Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
XO/TRP/SGT Jedi/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE]

"If we live in a peaceful society, why is there such an abundance of Evil?--Jedi
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

October 31, 2001 9:07:23 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin quickly searched his radar. Only a few enemy fighters left...he was just about to head towards his first target, but then it just disappeared.  So did the rest of the enemy fighters. The Aegis have finished their job. "Good job Aegis." Said Tarkin. "Thanks." Replied Riel_Fury. "Now," began Piett. "Let's head home." Both Squadrons turned back towards base. In the back of them, the scene of AT-AT's, AT-ST's, and ground troopers, all in white uniform, scourged the ground and left no survivors... The Aegis Squadron and Viper Squadron was returning home...victorious once again.

-----------------------

g5
ComNet Member

November 1, 2001 2:27:22 PM    View the profile of g5 
Seeing the vipers returning out of the opening in the bottom of the hangar bay G5 chased down a tech and asked him where the nearest comm sttion was.   After finding the station and activating it he punched in Vipers private frequency. "Hey guys, get back aboard and get some rest. We don't know when our next mission might be but it'll probably be real soon. Oh, and the next rounds on me. See you all soon. Good job guys." After he was done getting razzed for the hit he had taken he hurried back to the hangar to welcome his buddies home.
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

November 3, 2001 11:49:27 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
Tarkin and the rest of the Aegis and Viper squadrons landed on their platforms, and the pilots climbed out.  Everyone started running towards each other and laughing and shaking hands on a successful mission.  A few minutes later, Kaph Squadron informed the VE base that their patrol was successful and that they were returning to base. Aegis and Viper walked into the bar.  g5 ordered the drinks and the pilots drank it down thrustily.  They would have a good night's rest soon...possibly because another mission, unlike anything they've ever seen, was about to emerge from it's dormant-state........

-----------------------
EFM/SRCRW Tarkin/Viper 1-3/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN[BRC][BRC][SV]

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Elite Viper Squadron Story Posts  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:14:00 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 141  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >