Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph Story Only (No Vipers)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Kaph Story Only (No Vipers)
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
  RE: Kaph Story Only (No Vipers)
October 6, 2001 8:29:08 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen was still toying with the idea. A wierd one, but nevertheless thinkable. Grabbing his helmet, he headed off to the hangar and awaited Riel's orders ...

-----------------------
Leading Crewmen Fallen (Navy)
FM/LCRW Fallen/Kaph 1-2/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)

Private First-Class Raxen (Army)
ETRP/PFC Raxen/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
October 7, 2001 9:16:35 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
"Okay everyone, I talked to flight control and they gave us the trajectory for Malik's fighter.  We're gonna do microjumps in the mini carrier they gave us, but be prepared to get to your fighters in a seconds notice. Also, an automatic trasmitter is going off every five minutes, and if it doesn't go off, the Atrus and the Devastator will jump immediately to our present destination.  Okay?  Let's roll." With that everyone boarded the shuttle.

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Silver Recruitment Commendation
Victory Cross
Gold Recruitment Commendation
Beautiful Smile
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
October 7, 2001 10:43:23 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Darkhawk tugged at his jumpsuit. It always felt tighter than it really was when he got nervous. His hand drifted to the bandage on his right leg. He'd taken quite a nasty hit in that last battle. If not for Fallen, those Rebel fighters would've destroyed his TIE Fighter for sure before it was able to limp into the Atrus's hangar. Hawk craned his neck to look out the viewport. The squadron had been in hyperspace for a few minutes now, and the wait was playing havoc with his nerves. There were so many questions without answers. About the Peace Corps. About Bear's conversation with the mysterious Y-Wing pilot. And where the hell was Malik? Darkhawk slammed his fast down on his leg. "Owww!" he yelled, clamping his hand over his mouth. "You all right, Ten?" Riel asked, turning to his wingman. Hawk massaged his leg. "Yes, sir. Just a little frustrated about what's been going on." "That's understandable. Don't you worry - we'll find Malik." Fallen walked over and sat down next to the two pilots from Three Flight. "And then we'll get to the bottom of the Peace Corps." Darkhawk nodded. "I'll feel better once we get Malik back." "Is that the only thing bothering you, pal?" Fury questioned. "Well . . . I am a little anxious to get back in the cockpit and reaffirm my self-confidence. I never should've let that X-Wing get behind me like that back there." "We all make mistakes," Fallen replied. "You're still a little green, you know?" Suddenly, Kain burst into the lounge. "Heads up, guys. Big trouble..."

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Darkhawk/Kaph 3-2/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)

"In the long run we are all dead."
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
October 8, 2001 12:58:54 AM    View the profile of Bear 
"..Bears just fallen into a coma" Kain finished. "Good God.." Riel said slowly, his jaw dropping. Darkhawk gulped and spoke. "All the more reason to get the job done then, right?"   ----------------------- 2nd Lieuteneant Bear Kaph Squadron Commander Navy Defense Medal Long Service Medal CMDR/2LT Bear/Kaph 1-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=) [BRC] [NDM] [LSM]
[This message has been edited by Bear (edited October 8, 2001 1:00:18 PM)]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

October 9, 2001 6:50:17 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
The carrier came out of hyperspace about one-half of a light year from the Atrus.  "Run a scan, Fallen," Riel said in a cold, emotionless voice. "Nothing, sir," he replied.  "Okay, calculate the next jump." They did this about a dozen times before they came up with anything.  "What do you have, Fallen?"  Riel said. "It looks like a ship, but it's bigger than any I've ever seen." They moved the shuttle near to the vast ship.  "It's as big as the Atrus..."  Darkhawk said. "No," Riel said quietly," It is the Atrus..."

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Victory Cross
Beautiful Smile
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

October 9, 2001 4:36:32 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
"Huh?" Kain said. "The Atrus? How is that possible? Does the nav computer have some kind of glitch in it?" Darkhawk asked. "I'm . . . not sure," Riel replied. "Corran, hail the Atrus." "Right away." "Things keep getting weirder and weirder," Kain muttered. The carrier was still a good distance from the Atrus, and visuals were poor. A minute or two passed before anyone spoke again. "Well?" Riel questioned. "Have they responded?" "Negative," Corran answered. "Are we being jammed?" Fallen wondered. "I don't think so," Corran responded. "They are simply not answering my hails. And I've tried every known frequency in the Vast Empire." "Something doesn't feel right . . ." Riel said. Kain was over by the long range scanners, peering at the information coming up in front of him. He let out a yelp and the others on the bridge turned to him. "What's wrong?" "The Atrus isn't the only thing out there. There are several other capital ships in the area, but I can't get any solid information on them." "Corran, get us in closer," Riel said. "We're going as fast as we can!" Darkhawk suddenly looked up from his display and whirled around in his swivel chair. "Guys, a gravity-well projector just came online." "We're trapped . . ." Corran trailed off. "But by who?" Fallen added. "This ship isn't getting us anywhere fast," Kain said. "Let's get to our fighters and head out on a recon mission." Riel nodded. "You guys go ahead. I'm going to check on the lieutenant. Corran, you stay here and watch the controls." Darkhawk and Kain were headed for the doors when Fallen blurted out, "Incoming ships, coming in fast!" Kain turned to look at Riel. "Now may not be the time to see Bear. If those ships are unfriendly, we're gonna need everyone pilot we have out there." "Agreed." Darkhawk had come back to his station and was trying to get some kind of read on the incoming craft. As the carrier's sensors finally got a read on what kind of ships were approaching, a message abrubtly came in over the comm system. "Attention, VE Carrier Tempest, this is-"

-----------------------

Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 10, 2001 11:16:07 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Bear dragged himself out of bed and slowly put on his uniform. He grabbed his officers blaster and put it in the holster on his belt. He took a look in the mirror, adjusted a strand of hair, and looked satisfied. Bear walked out the room, limping slightly. When he got to his TIE, all the others were still there. Bear walked over to his, and ran his hand along the side. A dozen or so rebel signs painted on the side showed all the kills he had under his name, and a black scorch along the side showed the time when he had danced with the devil. Bear gulped, and climbed in. A few seconds later, he was roaring out of the carrier, head pushed back against the seat. He smiled. The sensation of going out at a tremendous speed had not lost any novelty on him, and it was having the same effect now. He felt happy. Once he was out into open space, he tucked his photo of Kelly into a nook, and turned on some loud bagpipe music. Scotland the Brave played loudly in his cockpit, inspiring him. He twisted round, ignoring the calls from the carrier. He went to the co-ordinates he knew he had to go to. He didn't know how he knew, he just knew. Suddenly, a huge lump of something fell onto the window in front of him. It was almost completely naked, and was covered in blood. It was a body.. a pilot, as he had some sort of flight jacket on him. It had a strange square marking of some red and white stripes, and lots of little stars.. There was some writing under it as well. Bear strained to read it, trying to keep his eyes away from the face of the corpse which seemed quite happy to stay stuck to his window. N.. A.. S... A. And.. Unit...ed.. Sta..tes Bear didn't understand any of it. He had been taught to read when he was a refugee on a very remote space station when he was a child, but he didn't know what the Unit Ed Sta Tes were. Or N A S A. He noticed some other writing on the breast pocket of the corpses jacket. It appeared to be the mans name.. Bear strained again to read it. Bu Zz Ald Rin. Bear wondered how you were meant to pronounce Zz. Suddenly Bears brain came back into action. He was stranded somewhere in space, nothing on the sensors, with a strange corpse sprawled across his TIE. He looked down at the photo of Kelly and felt a tear in his eye.. but then the corpse moved. "Sh*t!" he shouted, and frantically started pressing things. The ciggerette lighter turned on, and the bagpipes started playing again. The corpse started moving frantically. Its face was going purple, and it started to shout something. "Jesus.." Bear said slowly, and took out his blaster. He aimed it at the corpse, thought for a moment, and put it away. "I came here for a reason.. to get this man..", he said to himself, "756.84/837.839 - 3738.372/9820.29" He smiled. Suddenly he knew where the carrier was. "Hold tight, Mr Ald Rin. This might be bumpy" He twisted round, and roared towards the co-ordinates. A few minutes later, he was back in the carrier.

-----------------------
2nd Lieuteneant Bear
Kaph Squadron Commander
Navy Defense Medal
Long Service Medal

CMDR/2LT Bear/Kaph 1-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=) [BRC] [BRC] [NDM] [LSM]
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 10, 2001 11:20:57 AM    View the profile of Bear 
"..the USS George Bush Junior. We come in peace. I say again, we come in peace." the voice finished. OOC: Grr, now I've got two storylines going.. interview Bu Zz Ald Rin (you know who he is, right?) and talk to these Americans who have just popped up out of nowhere.. lol

-----------------------
2nd Lieuteneant Bear
Kaph Squadron Commander
Navy Defense Medal
Long Service Medal

Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 10, 2001 11:28:25 AM    View the profile of Bear 
"The USS George Bush Junior? Whats that? Rebel or Imperial?" "American.. You never heard of us?!" "No.. who is George Bush Junior?" "You don't know him?! President of the United States, 2001-2009, President of the World, 2009-2748, Emperor of the Galactic Empire, 2748-present" "Oh.." "Well, you are under arrest for violating Galactic Empire space. Lower shields and prepare to be boarded" "I thought you came in peace?!" "We did. Until you violated Galactic Empire space. Lower shields, please." Darkhawk thought for a moment and..

-----------------------
2nd Lieuteneant Bear
Kaph Squadron Commander
Navy Defense Medal
Long Service Medal

Fallen
ComNet Member

October 10, 2001 10:31:58 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen waited for orders. This was sure an expected turn of events. What's the United HUH? Racking his brain, he could only discern  a scrap of information from his brain... Reaching out to his controls, he pushed the gear into safe mode. He felt his TIE fighter give a slight jerk, and started running on safe mode, conserving fuel. Fallen felt that there will be a time when he would need it ...

-----------------------
Vast Empire Navy
Brother of PFC Raxen

Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

October 10, 2001 10:34:45 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
-this is Captain Loran Zyle onboard the Republic Star Destroyer Tranquility. Please stand down. Lower your shields and prepare to be boarded. "Nine ships, coming in fast," Darkhawk said from his control station. "Well," Riel yelled, "don't just stand there, man. Tell us what they are!" "Three Imperial Mark-II Star Destroyers, five Ccorellian gunships, and an interdictor cruiser." "Sithspawn!" Kain cursed. "The New Republic... surprised to see them this far out in the Rim." "What're we gonna do?" Corran cried out. "Calm down," Riel replied. "Scramble the fighters ... we need to take that Interdictor out." "What about the Atrus?" Fallen asked. "We'll worry about that later," Kain replied. "Everyone to the hangar on the double." "I'll radio for Kaek to get down there," Riel added. Three minutes later four TIE Fighters and two TIE Bombers launched out into space. "This is Kaph Nine. Guys, watch our backs while we make our runs on that Interdictor. Ten, you ready?" "Ready as I'll ever be," Darkhawk answered. "They're launching fighters," Fallen said. "Looks like a squadron of A-9 Vigilance." "Hmmm ... those shouldn't be a problem, Two," Kaek responded. The Twin Ion Engines of the Vast Empire's fighters howled as the raced to face their attackers. Laser's began to fly from the A-9's double-laser cannons. The Kaphs maneuvered between the criss-crossing bolts with ease. "These guys are green," Kain chuckled. He rolled his starfighter hard right to avoid a burst of lasers and fired his linked laser cannons. The green bolts lanced through the nearest A-9 shreading it to pieces. Kaek shot a second fighter down and came back around to take on another target. "Two, stick with Three Flight," Kain warned. "I've got it covered," Fallen responded, blasting an A-9 to pieced. Riel added to the melee with a few short bursts from his TIE Bomber's guns. Two A-9's peeled away from the combat and were picked off by Corran. "Great shooting, Six." "Thanks, Seven." "We're in range of the Interdictor now," Darkhawk announced. "Hold those torpedos until we're in closer," Riel cautioned, dodging turbolaser fire. Kaek glanced down at his flight map. Only two A-9's left. All of a sudden, a warning light flashed on his display. "Kaph Squadron, we've got an entire wing of X-Wings incoming, 8ks away." "Crikies!" Riel cried. "We better hurry this up." "This is the Tempest. We're taking fire from those Star Destroyers. Hurry it up, boys." "We're on it, Kelly," Kain answered, obliterating the last A-9. "Watch out for that gunship," Fallen warned. "It's getting too close for comfort." Nine and Ten had already launched one volley of torpedos at the Interdictor and were coming around for another run. A quad-laser blast nearly takes Riel out, singing his TIE's solar panel. "That was close," he muttered. "Target those shiled generators, Ten." "Yes, sir," Darkhawk replied. Two proton torpedos launch out of his bomber. The first is shot down by a turbolaser, but the second slams into one of the generators. "Great shot, Ten. The Interdctor's shields are gone. Let's go for the kill," Riel said. "X-Wings at 4 klicks and closing," Corran warned. "Six, Seven, Two, on me," Kaek called out. "Let's make a strafing run on the bridge." The four TIE fighters form up in close formation and sail in dangerously close to the Interdictor. They fire volley after volley of green death at the 600 meter long ship's control center. The tower explodes in flames. "Great job, pilots!" Kelly cried from the Tempest's bridge. "Their gravity-well generators just lost power . . . now we can get out of here." "Let's hurry back to the carrier," Fallen said, "before the star destroyers make short work of them." "Dang it!" Riel swore. "I want the kill for that INT." "Another time, Senior Crewman," Kelly replied. "We need to run and run fast." Red lasers suddenly begin to flash all around the Kaphs. "X-Wings incoming," Corran said coldly. The Imperials fly off towards their carrier at top speed, banking and rolling at near-insane levels to avoid the Republic fighters. The TIE Bombers begin to fall behind and Riel and Darkhawk each begin to take stray hits. "I'm getting torn up back here," Riel said. "Hull at 62% and dropping." "This is Ten, I'm at 54% hull. Get back here and cover us for a second, guys." "I'm on you, Darkhawk, Riel," Kain answered. "Two, cover me." Rennok looped his fighter back around and begins firing wildly into the oncoming X-Wings. They scatter in all directions. "Nine, I've got an idea," Darkhawk said. "The Schuck-schuck maneuver." Riel smiled. "It might just be crazy enough to do, Ten. Execute in three ..." "What're you doing?" Corran questioned. "two ... one!" The two TIE Bombers suddenly swing around and launch four torpedos blindly into the mass of X-Wings. One of them sails right between Fallen and Kain's TIEs. After a few seconds, Riel and Darkhawk automatically detonate the torpedos, shattering scrapnel in all directions. Three X-Wings explode and several more peel away. "Schuck-schuck!" Fury yelled. "Nice job," Kaek whistled. The Tempest begins to add its turbolasers to the mix, and the six Kaph pilots make it safelt into the hangar. They race up to the bridge. "Those X-Wings are close enough to use torpedos on us," Kelly announced as the six men run into the room. "Then let's get out of here now," Riel answered. "Corran, plot a course for the nearest friendly system." "I'm on it," Corran replied, running to the nav computer. Fallen and Darkhawk have made it to the gunner controls and begin to shoot down the proton torpedos the X-Wings are launcing at the carrier. "Any more word from the Rebs? Or the Atrus?" Kain questioned. "Negative," Kelly said. "I think our comm system might have been damaged by ion cannon fire." Kain nodded. Corran finishes punching in the coordinates and the Tempest flings itself into the realm of hyperspace, leaving not only the Republic task force, but its flagship. In hyperspace, the Kaph pilots have gathered around their commander's bedside. Riel and Fallen have their heads bowed. "Do you guys really think it was wise to bring him along?" Kaek wondered. "Maybe not," Kain replied. "At least we can keep an eye on him." All of a sudden Bear murmured something about 'Aldrin' and then says something about the 'Knighted States'. "Is he coming out of the coma?" Kelly whispered, tugging on Riel's sleeve. Fury leans over and checks the medical equipment. Corran runs out into the hallway and calls for the medical droid. Bear grumbles something else unintelligible and his head twitches slightly. Kelly walks over and lays her hand on his arm and his hand flexes. "Come on, Lieutenant, snap out of it!" Darkhawk yelled suddenly. "Shhhhh!" Riel contested. Corran and the droid enter the room as Bear blinks slowly. "Darkhawk? That you?" he croaked. Kelly gives an excited scream and the other pilots began to holler and clap. Kaek runs over to Bear's side. "It's good to have you back, Bear. We could've used you a few minutes ago." Bear raises up from the bed and looks around as the droid begans to poke and prod him and take diagnostic readings. "Where's the USS George Bush? Where's BuZz Al Drin? Where's my fighter?" he blabbed. "Huh?" Fallen said. He leaned over to Rennok and whispered, "Has he gone insane?" Kain shook his head. "I think you've had a bad dream, Commander." "You fell into a brief coma," Kelly informed the lieutenant. Bear slumped back against the bed and held his hand up to his forehead. "Is all seemed so real . . ." "Let's let him alone for a while," Riel said. "He needs some rest." The others nod. "I'm heading to my quarters. That last battle was rough," Darkhawk added. "I think I'll stay here with Bear," Kelly says. "Later, then," Riel responds. The six pilots leave the small room one by one as the Tempest continues to fling through hyperspace.

-----------------------

Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 11, 2001 5:15:46 AM    View the profile of Bear 
OOC: AND CLOSE THE DOOR!   btw, someone wanna tell me where Kelly popped up from?

-----------------------
2nd Lieuteneant Bear
Kaph Squadron Commander
Navy Defense Medal
Long Service Medal

Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

October 11, 2001 4:56:12 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
/me lmao SHUCK SHUCK BABY!!!!!

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Victory Cross
Beautiful Smile
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 12, 2001 6:38:20 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Bear and Kelly sat together and spoke for hours. They spoke about everything.. how she was, how he felt, current affairs, money.. everything. Bear started to feel drowsy. It was getting worse and worse as they spoke. He felt like his head was spinning off, and he was falling through a black hole. It was like a nightmare. "Bear? Bear!" Kelly shouted, shaking him. "What? What did you say?" Bear replied. "Its about the baby.." "The.. baby?" "Yes. Its not yours." Bear felt awful. He saw stars floating around the room, and he saw the squadron flying in formation towards his face. "Its.. not?" "No. Its..." Bear passed out before he heard the answer. The big face looked down at Bear. "Oh my, not again.." "Father, whats happened to him?" "Drugged with something, most likely. Made to feel these dreams and hallucinations to hurt him mentally.. Someone is trying to drive him crazy" "Whats happened now then?" Jesus said. "Hes dead." God replied. Bears body floated up towards the eternal paradise. Heaven. "Maybe somebody with a heart of gold can bring him back.." God said. "Maybe." Buddha replied unhappily.

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Bear, Kaph Squadron Commander

TRN/PRV Owl/VE/VEA
Private Owl
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

October 12, 2001 6:41:17 AM    View the profile of Bear 
OOC: Starting to get just a bit ridiculous   Needs wrapping up soon.. the Peace Corps must attack soon, and they gotta be repelled. Then you gotta find a way to bring me back from the dead. And find out whos Kellys baby is!!

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Bear, Kaph Squadron Commander

TRN/PRV Owl/VE/VEA
Private Owl
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

October 14, 2001 2:29:48 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Sythspawn called him into his office after all the chaos died down.  His office was really extravagent, and kind of feminine, but Navy Commanders could do whatever they wanted in Riel's book. "I have some news, Riel..."

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Victory Cross
Beautiful Smile
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

October 14, 2001 2:34:44 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Sythspawn called him into his office after all the chaos died down.  His office was really extravagent, and kind of feminine, but Navy Commanders could do whatever they wanted in Riel's book. "I have some news, Riel..."

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Victory Cross
Beautiful Smile
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

October 14, 2001 4:47:51 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
"Being promoted to Squadron commander of a new Squadron.  Pack your bags and be out of the Kaph barracks by nightfall."

-----------------------
Senior Crewman Riel Fury
Kaph Squadron
Victory Cross
Beautiful Smile
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

October 14, 2001 6:41:11 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
The squadron was huddled around Bear's bed again. They all looked towards 2-4E worriedly. The medical droid turned to give them the news. "Bear seems to be in shock over the news Kelly just gave him. We'll do all we can to get him back." They nodded. Things had been really weird lately. When the Tempest dropped out of hyperspace, they found themselves back at the Atrus. With no Rebel fleet. And no evidence of a battle. The only thing they could reason is that they had somehow gone through time and gotten a glimpse of the future. Kain and Kaek had notified Rear Admiral Sythspawn, and he was calling in support ships and had placed Viper Squadron on full alert in case a New Republic fleet did show up. "All you can do for now is wait," the droid answered. "Let's head to the war room," Riel whispered. They turned to leave. In the command chamber, Riel and Kain were going over the next mission. Riel spoke up first. "We still haven't found Malik. But we've picked up a strange distress signal near Kiffex. It could be him. So we're going out to look for him again, this time on the Strike Cruiser Hurricane." "Is that really wise?" Fallen asked. "What if the Atrus is attacked while we are gone?" "We don't have a choice," Kain replied. "Until Bear recovers, this is about all we can do." Suddenly Tarkin strolled in to their meeting. "Sorry for the interruption, but Sythspawn needs to see Riel right away." The members of Kaph shot sidewards glances towards another. Riel rose from his chair. "Meeting will resume in 0600 hours." Bear drifted through the tunnel, away from the light. So . . . he had been given yet another chance at life. But who was the person with the heart of gold that had saved him? Kelly felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She cried out. 2-4E rushed to her side and began to run a diagnostic check. At the same moment, Bear rolled on his side and began to come around. The medical droid called for another droid, 2-3A for assistance. "What happened?" Bear asked. He turned to see Kelly with a droid hovering over her. He brushed 3A to the side. "What's going on? Is she okay?" 2-4E turned to face him. "I am afraid that the baby ... the child ..." "What's happened?" Kelly whispered. "The baby has died. There is no explination," the droid replied. Bear lay back in bed and let out a low whistle. Had it been the child that had sacrificed itself to save his life? Amazing ... He felt a sudden twinge of guilt. It didn't matter that the baby wasn't his. Kelly began to cry and he pulled her close to comfort her. "Shhh. It'll be all right." Riel walked out of the lounge and headed back to the war room. That talk with Darkhawk had been helpful. At least he had a good idea of what the new squadron would be named. He just had no idea he was going to be put in charge of a new unit. And Bear had been promoted to WC! Wow. He just hoped Kelly hadn't spilled the beans to bear yet about the child ... he wanted to talk to the lieutenant himself about that whole mess ... Bear stood in front of his squadron tall and proud. He felt better than he had in ages. "Congratulations on the appointment to Wing Commander," Kain said. Bear nodded. "Glad to see you all could make it. We're going to be having a goodbye ceremony for Riel after we get back from searching for Malik. But first things first. You will be joining us in the search, won't you, Senior Crewman?" Fury nodded. "Of course. I'm still in Kaph at the moment." "Good. Things have been crazy lately. But maybe once we have Malik back, things will feel a little more normal. I'm just sorry I wasn't out there with all of you flying." "We missed you," Corran said. "We'll be departing onboard the Hurricane for Kiffex at 0900 in the morning. See you all then." As the members of Kaph got up to leave, Bear pulled Riel to the side. "I need to talk with you, old pal..." Riel gupled.

-----------------------

Fallen
ComNet Member

October 14, 2001 10:41:36 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Bear pulled Riel to the bunkside. 'Had a very hard time here. Anyway I heard of your promotion. Congrats! But I'll sure miss you. Thanks for everything you did Kaph .' Riel felt really bad. He had been in Kaph for only a month or so and now he had to leave. He was obviously thrilled with the prospects, but he half-wished that he could have an option to be BOTH in Kaph and get the squadron leader position. But that was out of the world. 'Yeah, but wished that I neednt leave Kaph. It's so hard ...' But Bear silenced him. 'This is an oppurtunity. Take it. It doesnt come everyday bud. You've gotta treasure it. YOu can always meet us in the Lounge. It isnt that bad.' Riel looked out of the window. He wondered about his future ...

-----------------------
Vast Empire Navy
Brother of PFC Raxen

Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
October 16, 2001 4:22:28 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
I tapped Riel on his shoulder. "Hey, congrats on your promotion buddy.  We're all gonna really miss you.  I just hope that you won't forget us...hehe." Riel chuckled.  "Nah, I won't forget you guys, we had so much fun flying together.  We can also hang out at the lounge and have a drink or two." "Yeah you're right, well anyways I'm gonna go and analyze some more of the data we gathered from the previous mission.  See ya around." As I walked out the room I said to myself... "Kaph isn't gonna be the same without you buddy."   ----------------------- Leading Crewman Kain Rennok FM/LCRW Kain Rennok/Kaph 2-3/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by Kain Rennok (edited October 16, 2001 4:23:28 PM)]
Fallen
ComNet Member

October 20, 2001 9:40:08 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen sat back in his bunk. Kaph's having too much changes and he feels slightly lost at the momment. His recruiter and friend, Riel, has currently become the new promoted Squadron Commander of Aegis Squadron. Fallen felt like joining him there, but yet he felt a duty towards Kaph and Bear. Kaph without Riel would be different. Definately. Suddenly feeling like flying in his TIE fighter again, Fallen grabbed his helmet and using his 'Mouse' droid, sent a message to Kain regarding if he would like to fly with him. In a couple of minutes, the answer was afirmative. Fallen walked down to the hangar and waited for Kain there before they scooted off to their respective TIE fighters to kick some asteriods down and improve their shooting range.

-----------------------
Vast Empire Navy
Brother of PFC Raxen

Fallen
ComNet Member

October 22, 2001 11:27:34 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Easing out of the hangar, Fallen settled back in the low and satisfied hum of his TIE  engine. Looking at his rearview mirrow, he saw Kain's fighter following him. 2 TIEs took off for the space. Fallen suddenyl had this instinct that this flight will be a long one. He briefly held his lucky charm and flew out to space. The Peace corps hasnt been removed, and their presence is a cause of danger to the Vast Empire Navy and the mSSD Atrus. Fallen had a hunch that today will determine the outcome of this meddlesome Peace Corps. He had a duty to do. Besides, he wasnt going to let a couple of people proclaiming themselves as peace fighters to destroy mSSD Atrus. That ... was his duty, and he was determine to finish them off, even if it takes all his best maneuvors to do so. 'Kain, remember the Peace Corps?' 'Yeah, that bunch of blubberheads. Watsup?' 'Nothing. Just thought that we should investigate it and if possible, try and finish them off. They have caused enough harm to mSSD Atrus. Let's put a stop to this!' 'Yeah! How'd about checking near the asteroids? You know, the one where Bear wanted us to have some training?' 'I know know. There's a couple of huge black holes over that regoin. But we can check it out. Maybe they are hidden at an unthinkable place ... Kain, turn 50 degrees starboard right.' ' Okay ' Fallen and Kain swooped their TIE fighters towards the area where they met with their first serious combat since their graduation from the Academy. Keeping a careful check of his screen, Fallen tried to fly as close to the asteroids as he dared to. 'Fallen, black hole 20 degrees left.Watch out.' Kain cracked over the system. 'Yeah. Check it out though.' Fallen swooped in. Suddenly his systems had an overeaction ...

-----------------------
Leading Crewmen Swarveth 'Dogfight' Fallen
Kaph Squadron, Vast Empire Navy

Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

April 25, 2002 10:43:04 AM    View the profile of Bear 
THE BABY WAS RIELS!!!!!!!

-----------------------
CMDR/CAP Aaron 'Bear' Le'pue/Flight School 1/Training Fleet/Plt Saratoga/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [LSM] [LoC] [NDM]
VE Today Chief Editor
-----------------------
Bear - [email protected]
Vast Empire Today - [email protected]
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

April 25, 2002 10:43:21 AM    View the profile of Bear 
THE BABY WAS RIELS!!!!!!!

-----------------------
CMDR/CAP Aaron 'Bear' Le'pue/Flight School 1/Training Fleet/Plt Saratoga/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [LSM] [LoC] [NDM]
VE Today Chief Editor
-----------------------
Bear - [email protected]
Vast Empire Today - [email protected]
Corran
ComNet Member

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  552
Total Posts:  552
April 25, 2002 12:32:39 AM    View the profile of Corran 
Kaph certainly bring back memories, ahhh :P

-----------------------
Chief Warrant Officer Corran
Navy Training Officer Adjutant
VE Today Deputy Editor

TO:A/CMDR/CWO Corran/Venom 1-1/2/ISD Overlord/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)(=SA=) [LoC]

Thermite 3D Engine :: Thermite Forums
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

April 26, 2002 11:02:41 AM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Amen to that, brothah. :-D Go LCRW Darkhawk!

-----------------------
NTO/SC/FL/CM Darkhawk/Raptor 3-1 (Raptor Nine)/ISD II Devastator/OFF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

CM/SG Darkhawk/Sith/Eagle 1-5/VEDJ/VE
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph Story Only (No Vipers)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:30:43 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 136  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >