Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > ESC Mission Three for Aegis

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  ESC Mission Three for Aegis
PJ
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral Lower Half (RA-L)*

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  20
  RE: ESC Mission Three for Aegis
August 13, 2002 10:09:53 AM    View the profile of PJ 
PJ swung his TIE around to find that the A-Wings had appeared between them and the Runner and were now heading towards it. Chasing them, Aegis were slowly gaining ground. As the A-Wing squadron neared the Runner it's turbolasers began to fire and before long two of the rebels had been shredded. Being stuck between a squadron of T/A and the bristling green blasts of the Corvette, several of the A-Wings rolled out of formation...turning to engage the lead TIEs...some never got the chance as Aegis ripped through three of them as they were turning. Around PJ, his fellow pilots became engaged in combat as he and Liquid continued to chase the two rebels who had continued to move towards the Runner. He watched as the A-Wings zipped past it untouched, but causing some damage to the Runner's shields. Alot faster than they could usually go. "Hey Liquid...didn't some of our pilots do that in that other mission? Lower their shields to become to fast for the turbolasers?" PJ asked. "Yeah, I think they did." "That means we might be able to take them out pretty quickly if we can get a shot on them." "Right. let's go get ourselves some A-Wings." With that, PJ targeted one of the rebel fighters and tried his best to keep up with it as the A-Wing zipped and rolled around the Runner. Careful to get hit by his own corvette’s turbolasers and also careful not to his the Runner himself, PJ kept on his target. Jerking his TIE back and rolling, PJ came up from beneath the corvette, meeting the rebel halfway around and with one quick shot, turned the enemy fighter into a ball of flaming debris.

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Member Commodore PJ
FM/COM PJ/Aegis 2-4(Aegis 8)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus//VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=){SVx2}{VC-Silver Trim}{NDM}{SoV}[BRC][IOC]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
August 13, 2002 5:29:58 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
OOC: D_Coas is Zakath. I call him D_Cos, ok. I pulled hard left as pair of scarlet laser bolts streaked past my cockpit. I realized I was taking these newbie A-wing pilots too lightly and getting careless. I still had shields, although they were down to 25%, but that didn't matter. I felt another jolt on my shields and cursed as I pulled into a inverted dive. The A-wing pilot stayed with me, obviously having more skill than the rest of his squadron. Little did I realize that he was merely a deversion, something for me to focus my attention on. A second A-wing was closing in fast, lasers yelling at my half defended ship. My TIE rocked as several shots bashed against my hull. I quickly transferred some energy into my shields and went totally evasive. "I could use some help over here. I'm being double teamed." "Gotcha boss. I'm on my way there now. Hold on." came Kain's familar voice. I could see his craft blazing towards me, but he was a good 3 km out. I would never make it. My shields were down and my hull was damaged. The two A-wings zeroed in for the kill. I'm not sure which one got me, but my sim lights blinked on and my 'canopy' raised.

-----------------------
ESCM/1LT Michael "sk8guy" Rose/Aegis 1/mSSD Artus/DEF/VEN/VE
     (=A=)(=MA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=UCPA=)[-BRC-][-VC|E-]

TRN/ADT sk8guy/VEDJ/m/SSD Atrus

"Unleash the power of the Dragon!" - Michael "sk8guy" Rose
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
August 13, 2002 5:37:35 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Slightly disappointed I exited my sim and wathced the progress of my squadron in admiration. I was happy to be the leader of this band of pilots. The commitment and the skill shown was fabulous. Most were far superior to even myself. That was apparent due to the fact that I was the only one dead so far. The Runner had taken several hits, but nothing extremely damaging. This time Aegis seemed to be doing far better. The enemy was no threat to the corvette, and it has nearly completed its mission. I was very pleased at the moment, despite being the first and causality. I decided I could spare a few moments to get some coffee. Perhaps by the time I returned the mission would be over. As I neared the sim room's door, it opened and a smile cracked my face. The figure in the room before me was a dear old friend. One of the original Lusthawks and one of the best pilots in te fleet. Darkhawk smiled back and approached me. I outstretched my hand. "Darkhawk, so good to see you." "You too." he replied. "Why aren't you in the simms with the rest of the squadron?" "Well, I was double teamed was the first casuality. Ironic that the leader would be the first causality. Anyway, why are you here? Come to watch my boys in action?" I said as I made my way towards a seat. I totally forgot my coffee at the moment, I knew that could wait. I was so surprised and happy to see an old friend. ----------------------- ESCM/1LT Michael "sk8guy" Rose/Aegis 1/mSSD Artus/DEF/VEN/VE      (=A=)(=MA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=UCPA=)[-BRC-][-VC|E-] TRN/ADT sk8guy/VEDJ/m/SSD Atrus      "Unleash the power of the Dragon!" - Michael "sk8guy" Rose
[This message has been edited by sk8guy (edited August 13, 2002 5:40:43 PM)]
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
August 13, 2002 8:13:48 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
"Arrgg!  You sons of bitches!" Kain yelled as the two A-Wings destroyed Sk8 TIE Advanced. Kain gunned his throttle and went zooming towards the two A-Wings that just blew up Sk8 fighter.  He locked onto the A-Wing that was closer to him.  The TIE Advanced was closing in fast, as soon as Kain was in range of the A-Wing, he fired his laser cannons.  Green streaks of laser bolts came flying out of the tips of the laser cannons.  The A-Wing was shredded by the laser blasts.  Kain's fighter zipped past the exploding A-Wing and targeted the other one.  He cut his throttle down and made a sharp turn.  Now he was going head on with the A-Wing.  Both fighters fired their lasers at each other but both of them stayed on course, their shields were dropping and they kept firing.  Then finally the A-Wing chickened out and juked out, taking this opportunity Kain gunned his throttle and tailed the A-Wing.  Lining up the A-Wing with the targeting cursor, he let out a barrage of laser cannon fire tearing the A-Wing apart. Kain checked the status of his shields, they were down to 8%.  Pushing some buttons he transferred most of his engine power to his shields boosting it up to 56%. Kain checked the status of the mission, the Corvette Runner had taken some minor damage from the A-Wings, less than half a squadron of A-Wings remained.  The mission was almost complete only a handful of A-Wings were left, after they are destroyed Aegis will be half way done with the mission.   ----------------------- 2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC] YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
[This message has been edited by Kain Rennok (edited August 14, 2002 6:21:16 PM)]
Zakath88
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
August 13, 2002 9:56:00 PM    View the profile of Zakath88 
Dcos felt out of place, he was new to the VE and was lost. He only went on one mission and did more harm than good there he was in no way used to the flight sims and ended up dieing fairly early, so when he was killed off in the first few minutes he wasnt surprised in the least. he walked out of the room, and down the hall, a lot was on his mind, and he needed time to think. The surprise attack on the VE that was discovered in the last mission was still a major threat, and no one seemed to be worried. He lit a cigarette and walked through the hallways where he suddenly came up his old friend Sk8guy. "Hey Dcos" he said "hey Sk8" "Why arent you in the sim: he asked "died again" "haha, you'll get used to it" he replied"why dont you put that out and lets go on back to the sim, and see if we cant get back in on the action"
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
August 14, 2002 12:20:20 AM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk sprinted into the simulator room and strapped on the appropriate gear. Spotting out one of the empty simulator chairs, he leapt in and booted up the program. He noticed a few Aegis pilots standing around, obviously having been shot down already, but he spared no time to talk to them. He had to get into the mission before it was over – and time was probably running short.   Darkhawk took a quick glance around and saw that he was smack dab in the middle of the battle. He had read all of the mission objectives, and realizing that this was Mission 3, he didn’t need to even think to know that he was in a TIE Advanced or what his mission objectives are. Another quick look at his status screens showed the corvette Runner in good shape and hardly any Rebel fighters in the surrounding area. In fact, the only enemy starfighters left were five A-Wings.   Damn. The boys already took them out. This isn’t going to be fun at all.     “Lonewolf, where are you?” Darkhawk called into the communicator. He was having trouble finding his squadron commander on the radar screen.     “I’m here, and I’ve got an enemy fighter hot on my tail. Who is this, anyway?” Darkhawk could tell Jace was straining under the effort of avoiding enemy fire from behind.   “This is Aegis Three, reporting in and ready to go. Sorry for the delay.”   It took a second for the callsign to register into Lonewolf’s mind, but he soon answered, “Darkhawk! You son of a bitch, get over here and lend us a hand. We’ve almost got this mission under wraps.”   “No need to tell me twice, sir.” Darkhawk looked around for a second. “Kain, long time no see. How’ve you been?”   Rennok laughed on the other side of the line. “Save the conversation for after this, all right, pal? These last few A-Wings are giving us trouble. There are only four of us left.”   “Roger that,” Darkhawk replied. “PJ, help Liquid out. I’ll nab the bogey on Lonewolf’s tail. Kain, try to intercept that A-Wing heading for the Runner.”   “Who died and made you leader?” Liquid chided. “Uh, sir?”   Darkhawk shook his head and smiled. “Sorry, it’s instinct. Uh, mother may I, Lonewolf?”   “I don’t care who tells who to do what, get this A-Wing off my rear, NOW!”

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/EFM/COM Darkhawk/Aegis 1-3 /mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony]

DLS/CL/SG Darkhawk/Eagle 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE/(CR)
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
August 14, 2002 3:03:28 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
(OOC: We still have another squadron of X-wings halfway back!!! and you get put back in the sims after 10 mins...) He pulled hard on his controls, shoving them this way and that, narrowly avoiding the enemy fire that kept streaming past his Tie Advanced. Thinking quickly, Liquid pulled on his throttle, reducing it to 1/3, and watched the enemy fly past, Liquid jammed it back to full, following the rebel's A-wing closely, not wanting it to get behind him again. He fired off a few blasts of quad linked lasers, all of them hitting their mark. He was doing good until Darkhawk decided that he needed help. "Hey Krath boy, what's up?" Darkhawk asked, pushing alongside of Liquid, and screwing up what would've been the kill shot. "Dammit! Darkhawk, i don't care if you're my superior! we gotta get this mission finished, go help someone else," Liquid said, jamming some extra energy out of his shields and into his engines, pumping harder towards the A-wings hull, the taste of death eminating on his tounge. "I can feel it1!!!" Liquid shouted, feeling the surge of Dark Side energy as the A-wing exploded. Liquid did a tight loop, feeling comfortable in his regular Navy issued ship, and also seeing if there was anyone behind him. Liquid saw several fighters exiting from hyperspace, the cue that the defeated pilots of Aegis were being reinserted. They started the jump for Blue point 5, leading the way towards the next squadron of rebels.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

TRN/AD Liquid/Krath/TBA/VEDJ/(VP)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Aegis ||| Naval Academy ||| Flight School
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

August 14, 2002 5:21:11 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
"What do you mean, more fighters?!" Darkhawk exclaimed. "Can't you read your scanners?" Liquid shouted back. "There is still an entire squadron of X-Wings hanging back there!" "Sorry," Darkhawk replied, "but it must be a glitch in the program. I'm not picking up anything on radar. However..." A few seconds later his voice rang loud and clear in Liquid's mind: I can't feel them through the Force in a simulator. You're going to have to let me peer into your mind, to see what you see. It shouldn't be any problem for me to keep up then. You mean, you want to read my mind? Liquid asked. No, not exactly. I'm not quite powerful enough to do that. I will just open my mind to yours so that I can perceive what you do through the Force. Only the sense of it; I won't exactly be "seeing" per say. Whatever it takes. What do I need to do? Darkhawk laughed. "Just keep an open mind, Liquid, and focus on the battle." "What's going on over there?" sk8guy called. The other Aegis pilots who had been killed were coming up qucikly. "New arrivals," Lonewolf ordered, "form a perimeter around the Runner and protect it from torpedos. Everyone else, form up on me and attack the X-Wings. Darkhawk, take the lead since you have the most shields. Kain, Liquid, hang back until yours recharge." "Roger that," Kain answered. "Let's take 'em out."

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/EFM/COM Darkhawk/Aegis 1-3 /mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony]

Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
August 14, 2002 6:19:47 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
After Aegis and the Corvette Runner exited hyperspace, they had reached Bluepoint 5.  They had formed a perimeter around the Corvette.  Ten kilometers away a squadron of X-Wings hyperspaced out.  Aegis formed a line and sped ahead of the Runner and began to intercept the X-Wings. "Alright guys pick your targets and engage them.  If you haven't used your missiles yet now is the time, this is the last group of fighters.  After you use up all the missiles finish them off with your cannons" Sk8 said over the comm. The TIEs switched their weapons from lasers to missiles.  Each Aegis member targeted a different X-Wing.  The targeting computer hummed to indicate a solid lock, each TIE fired a missile.  The X-Wings broke off from their formation and scattered, Aegis scattered and pursued their targets. Kain's missile found its mark on a back of a X-Wing. "I got you now." Kain said as he switched from missile to lasers.  He tailed a crippled fighter and finished it off with his lasers.  He targeted another X-Wing and switched back to missiles, he locked on and fired two missiles.  The X-Wing tried to evade Kain's missile but was unsuccessful and was blown to pieces. "Flight 3, there's a flight of X-Wings trying to make a torpedo run at the Corvette.  Go and intercept them, we'll keep the fighters off your tail." Sk8 said as he locked onto another X-Wing. "Roger that Sk8.  Rusty, Kain, form up and follow me.  Switch to missiles and take out thoses X-Wings before they get to the Corvette." Liquid commanded

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok
FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 14, 2002 6:44:29 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid pushed his controls forward, dodging and darting here and there, avoiding the blasts of crimson that were flying past his fighter. He pushed hard, feeling the presence of Darkhawk's Force in his mind.    He lined up with a piece of scum, firing away with quad linked lasers, and quickly knocking the X-wing's shields down to nothing. He let out a curse as the X-wing reduced his throttle, and Liquid flew past him, knowing that it was a stupid move on his part. Before Liquid knew what he was doing, he dropped a flair just as the X-wing was throttling up, seriously damaging the hull of the ship. It's defenses were now at 10%, making it an all to easy target for Liquid to pick off. He looked over to Kain, and saw that he too was in the same situation, knowing that they were both having much fun giving the simulator patented Aegis dancing lessons. "Yo Kain," Liquid shouted, taking out the X-wing he had been dogging with, "Wanna have some fun?" "You know it man!" Kain shouted, doing the same with his target. "You know how to do it?" Liquid shouted, forming to the left wing of Kain, knowing what needed to be done. "Yep, I sure do man," Kain said, going underneath Liquid and opening up on the next X-wing that opposed Aegis's Elite ranks.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Rogue
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  236
August 15, 2002 5:11:00 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue took a deep breath as his simulator showed the tumbling star field stretch as his T/A dropped out of hyperspace. He wasn’t supposed to be back in the simulators for eight hours due to what he had done to himself, but he was tired of sitting around and staring at bulkheads. Even visiting the hangar bay to look out at the stars didn’t help. So Rogue went back to sim room assigned to Aegis to get back in the fight. His fighter reverted to real space into a running light fight.  Red and green lasers were flying all over the place as the remaining Aegis fighters tried to keep the few X-wings that were left from getting too close to the corvette.  Rogue saw Liquid and Kain were still in the fight so he commed Liquid to tell him he had arrived to help finally. Those two appeared to be screening the Runner while the rest of the squadron tried to kill the X’s. They also appeared to be in need of help so Rogue dove towards the CRV to help, crossing over the top of it. On the other side of the CRV, Rogue found Rusty locked in a dogfight with an X-wing with a second coming to help. Rogue locked on a pair of missiles at the oncoming X and fired, then dove to pick off the bandit on Rusty’s tail. He opened up with as many linked laser shots as he could fire. The lasers charged down onto the X who never even noticed Rogue til it was too late. The X-wing’s shields died in a hail of green lasers. Then Rogue noticed an X-wing was shooting at him, and it was starting to hurt. Rogue commed Rusty to get him to return the favor and help him now that Rusty was the one outside of a dogfight. Rogue started trying all sorts of combinations to lose the X-wing and avoid its shots. Eventually Rogue began to succeed and that’s when he noticed the damage to the X-wing. It was the one he had shot the missiles at just moments before. It must have avoided one but not the other. Then it exploded in a hail of laser fire as Rusty swept in from an off angle and blew it to atoms.

-----------------------
FM/2LT Rogue/Aegis 2-2/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/ (=A=)(=SA=)
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 15, 2002 6:00:26 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
He broke hard, seeing a rebel X-wing diving for the hull of the Runner coming perilously close to the hull, spraying it with crimson laser blasts that only rebel ships had. Liquid powered up his engines, knowing he had to take out this guy quick, he was becoming a menace to society. This rebel scum had to be swept under the rug. He pulled on his controls, making a nice tight loop, and going vertical on the X-wing, slamming green turbo laser blasts straight to it's shields. "That'll learn ya'," Liquid said, watching the enemy fighter explode. He couldn't believe how good it felt to be killing so many people in such a short time, he was getting an incredible rush from the Dark Side. Liquid couldn't tell if he was killing for his team or killing for himself anymore, and he didn't care. All he knew was that it felt good, damn good. "Tack another one up Kain, we're going in!" Liquid shouted, pushing hard on the throttle, transferring a little power from his shields to his engines to catch up to the veteran pilot. "Time for even more Aegis dancing lessons!!!!" Liquid shouted as another X-wing came into Kain's and his sights.

-----------------------

Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

August 15, 2002 10:25:04 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk danced his TIE Advanced - well the simulated one - across the "floor" of space with the ease and grace of a Quarren swimming through the seas of Mon Calamari. Now that he was in the midst of the firefight, he no longer needed Liquid to find out where the enemy fighters were. Simple naked eye visual was enough to confirm an enemy X-Wing from a friendly craft.   Glancing down at his points screen, the Commodore frowned. Aegis was definitely winning the mission, but he himself wasn't doing too hot on points. So far he had only managed three kills, two A-Wings and a X-Wing. He'd also downed a few torpedos that were heading toward the Runner, but there was nothing to show for that.   "One, how many more bogeys are there out here?" he called, unable to see the enemy fighters on his radar.   "Only five left now, Three. If you want another kill, you had better hop to it."   "Wow, Lead, you read my mind. Save one for me, all right?"   Lonewolf laughed. "I'm not saving anything for you. If you want it, come and get it."   "Punk," Darkhawk snapped back. Just then, an enemy fighter crossed his field of vision, flying in front of his TIE Avenger on its way to meet up with a wingmate and attack Kain and Rusty.   The X-Wing was hopelessly outclassed, outmatched, and outgunned. The simulated Rebel pilot was quick to notice Darkhawk on his tail, but there was no way he could maneuver his snubfighter out of the Commodore's sights. With a deft motion of his index finger Darkhawk unleased three quad laser blasts from his fighter's cannons. The green bolts streaked across from space, nailing the X-Wing twice across the right wing and once in the engines.   Still, X-Wings were tough. The Rebel fighter was not quite destroyed yet, and in an effort to escape, the simulated pilot slammed on the "brakes" and Darkhawk flew right over him.   "I don't think so," the experienced Imperial pilot chided into his comm. Seconds later he had done a quick U-turn; the X-Wing was right in front of him. One more laser volley and the Rebel craft went up in flames.   "Four for me," Darkhawk said to no one in particular.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/EFM/COM Darkhawk/Aegis 1-3 /Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony][KC]

Liquid
ComNet Member

August 15, 2002 10:40:36 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
He watched as all the Aegis pilots picked their targets, leaving none for him and Kain, who were left to defend the Runner from incoming missles. "Was it so much to ask? Just one more kill?" Liquid said, slamming his helmet down onto the floor from his cockpit. "Yeah, it was, Krath boy " Darkhawk said, placing him helmet calmly onto the rack, and heading for the lounge. Liquid called over his new mixr droid, and got some drinks for the tired squadron, after all, killing the scum and cleaning their boots was hard work. "Hey guys, I got an announcement," Liquid said, standing on a chair to raise himself above the rest of the guys. "If we win," he begun, "the Elite Squadron Competition, I'm buying any of you guys that got more than 4 kills in the sims your choice of a landspeeder, a speeder, a swoop, or even an airspeeder if you ask me politely enough, how does that sound?" Liquid said, knowing he had the dough to back it up. He heard an overwhelming "Yes Sir!" and began taking orders of what the men wanted. He sighed as they all wanted what was gonna cost him the most, and he might not be able to find all the cash. "Hold on," Liquid said, grabbing his datapad, and thinking to himself, "I just might have the extra money I need."

-----------------------

TRN /AD Liquid/Krath/TBA/VEDJ/(VP)

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > ESC Mission Three for Aegis  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:06:32 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 49  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >