Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Vipers ESC Story - Mission Two

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Vipers ESC Story - Mission Two
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
  RE: Vipers ESC Story - Mission Two
August 8, 2002 8:12:38 PM    View the profile of g5 
Dropping his throttle a few percent g5 slowly drifted in behind the pilot and loosed one quad blast. As soon as the blast had left his lasers he was going evasive. This was rogue squadron and the harder he could make it for the pilot to get a bracket on him the better. The X went evasive as soon as the first blast hit, thinking that the pilot would be loosing a second shot. When the second blast didn’t come he began to search for the pilot that had blasted him. G5 was already cruising along to the right of him; it didn’t look like he had ever been in position to take a shot. Keeping his eye on the X g5 was doing his best to look innocent. When the rebel turned towards him he waited for him to start turning away then snapped the TIE onto it’s side and pulled back on the stick as hard as he could. Rolling the ship back to its upright position he flipped his lasers to single and began to rake the area the X was in. A few bolts connected but most just flew off into space. The rebel’s shields were starting to get low, but it was going to be a knife-fight real soon. Setting the lasers to quad he snapped off one last shot as the cross took up a bearing on him and snap rolled to the left. Putting the throttle full forward he headed for the deck and then cut right hard. Pulling up put him back on the same plane as the X and within half a klick of the rebel. Cutting his throttle to maneuvering speed he began to go evasive. He was just in front of the rebel, about at his 2 o’clock. Cutting the throttle put him to even. Throwing the fighter into a leftward roll that managed to also draw his craft to the right put him directly behind the X. The pilot knew exactly where he was and pulled up hard. Going up and to the right g5 expected him to cut out of it and try to roll back and get a shot while g5 still went straight up. By going right when the rebel left his climb he could get the jump while the rebel still was trying to find him. Every wasted second allowed the rebel’s shields to recharge. He had to act quickly. The X started rolling left, which would have put him directly in the line of fire of the Interceptor. Just before he could be fired upon the X cut back to the right and pointed itself down, directly towards g5’s interceptor. G5 swore to himself, the rogue had guessed the ploy and countered it. Breaking hard to the right the quad blast still carbonized a bit of his left solar panel. Snapping back to the left as quickly he popped a quad shot into the X, it landed just aft of the centerline. The shields fizzled, but g5’s second shot went wide over the top. Flicking to duals he began to fill the sky with fire. The X cut speed and snapped up and to the right, away from the fire. The move left him flying at the top of g5’s ship, with the right solar panel obscuring the command pod.

-----------------------
WC/LCM G5
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
August 11, 2002 6:45:49 AM    View the profile of Warmaker 
Warmakers Tie Interceptor and Tycho Celchus X-Wing where in a deadly dance, a hard Dogfight which will be only one of the two starfighters survive. warmaker turned sharp around, went into another looping and was suddenly nearly behind Tycho Celchus X-Wing. He switched to double Lasers and waited for a clear Aim. Tychos X-Wing jumped before him and made it Warmaker nearly unpossible to get a clear target aim. Warmaker pulled up the Flightstick and hit the right rudder to get from the aboe position a chance for a shoot. Warmakers Lasers sent their deadly Energy out of the 4 Laser Cannons. With a Smile on his Face, Warmaker recognised that the backshields from his opponent went down to 40 Percent. With full speed Warmaker hunted his Oponent as Tycho suddenly turned in a looping, Warmaker pulled up his Flightstick to follow him as Tycho pulled down again, switched to 10 Percent Engine Power, Warmaker switched also to 10 Percent, but he knows that that was to late, the last thing he recognised was the Missile Warner as one seconde later 2 Missiles hit his Starfighter and the Screen went black Warmaker opend his Cockpit and climbed out of his Simulator. For him the Fight was over, but was it enough, will the Executor survive? Warmaker went to the screens to follow see the Answer ...... ----- tally to here   ----------------------- CMDR/DJK/LCM Warmaker/Viper 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B] [SV] [CBV] [IC] Wing Commander Phoenix Wing Viper Squadron Commander "You can run, but you cannot hide" "Have you ever kissed a Snake?"
[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited August 11, 2002 6:49:04 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Riel Fury (edited August 11, 2002 10:11:06 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
August 12, 2002 3:48:18 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
With Warmaker gone, it was upto MegaDeth to lead the squad. MegaDeth went to his squakbox to give out new orders. "Zed, Piett, take your wings and lets take out these guys. They may be the best, but so are we. Let's show them what Viper can do." "Roger that." said Piett." g5, Gravin, follow me." Piett lead his flight after Tycho, seeing he had taken out WM, he had a "bone to pick with him." There were other X-wings to be taken out, but the other flights would get them. Tycho was hard to catch, but g5 figured a way to counter that. "Piett, why don't we just focus our fire where we think he will be going? That way he'll be fried." said g5. "Good idea g5. He may be quick, but let's see how good his shields hold up against our firepower. With all of us firing at him, he won't be able to hold up for much longer." The three TIE Fighters stayed on Tycho's tail, but began firing at him. His shields held up for a while, so they kept on the pursuit. This was one craft that was going down for sure, wether one of them went with it did not matter...

-----------------------
Sargeant First Class Rizzit BlackHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
August 12, 2002 6:56:15 PM    View the profile of scout 
With so many of the best pilots gone hope began to fade for scout. His tie was not exactly in perfect condition at the time. He could only get 85% on his engines, a major handicap. His sheilds were holding up but who knows how many seconds they could sustain his ship. His hull was at 50% and he was low on countermeasures and missles. "MegaDeath I'm coming to join your attack." scout said. "Good, we could use more firepower, how are you doing?" MegaDeath replied. "My shields and hull are pretty damaged. I still have 85% function on my engines."Scout replied back. He flew in to join the others on the attack on the x-wing when another x-wing flew up behind him lining his sights on scouts interceptor. Scout's manuvering abilities were also messed up by all the damage he had taken. He had lost his edge in speed and manuvering. "Dang! I got one of them on me now." scout said. He jerked his tie this way and that but the shots kept getting closer, and every time he tried to get a clear shot on the x it just barely evaded his grip. "These Rogues are like nothing I've seen before. I can't get a clear shot on him. I think I need some assistance." scout told the rest of the squad. "On my way," g5 said. The shots kept getting closer and scout couldn't keep evading them forever. Then finally the x-wing pilot got some shots on him. He felt a shudder and his rear sheilds were down. "I don't think I'm gonna make it through this one guys." scout said. G5 was still 6 klicks away and the x-wing was dealing some real damage. Hmm... three torpedoes left. Maybe I could just distract Tycho long enough for the others to get some shots in. Well he was going down anyways, at least this way he'll help the others out. He changed his target on the HUD to Tycho's x-wing and turned on his warhead systems. He had a lock and he fired all three missles, one after another. He turned back and tryied to go head on at the X-wing following him. His hull was at 23% and his tie was not handling well. He switched to single fire and let loose dozens of bolts of green destruction. The x-wing pilot didn't know what scout was doing untill the last second, when it was too late to get out of the way.  Scout kept flying straight untill a crash and his screen went black. He stepped out of the simulator, knowing that he could do no more for the remaining squad members. G5 saw a large explosion and two dots on his radar winked out. "Scout's down, and so is the x-wing that attacked him."
"You can't cheat death forever, but you can sure make the bastard work for it." po2/LCRW scout/Viper 3-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by (edited August 12, 2002 7:23:18 PM)]
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

August 13, 2002 10:13:19 AM    View the profile of Warmaker 
since Warmaker got shoot down in the simulation he stands before the screens to see what happens now. The Executor was nearing slowly the Hyperspace entering Point, but also the remaining X-wings from Rogue Squadron where on the way to it to destroy the Executor before it is able to jump into the safety of the Hyperspace. "Hey Commander, you wanna play a few rounds sabbac with us?" asked Hammerman from behind Warmaker turned around and answerd "Later maybe, i wont to see what happens in the simulation. Hammerman and the most from the other Viper Pilots who got shoot down went to a table and started theyr sabbac game, but Warmaker dont wanted to play, he wanted to see what will happen, was it enough what they have done out there or not, Sure it was only a simulation, no real matter if they loose or not, but still, they had a mission to acoumplish and warmaker wanted to do it. "hmmm a few Minutes left, what is the status of the Executor?" asked Warmaker a controller "Bad, Sir, heavily damaged, they got just a few hits from torpedos." comes the answer Now it was not anymore a fight, it was a massakre, booth sides tryd to kill their opponents as quick as possible to finish their mission. The only Question was, who was quicker ......

-----------------------
CMDR/DJK/LCM Warmaker/Viper 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B] [SV] [CBV] [IC]

Wing Commander Phoenix Wing
Viper Squadron Commander

"You can run, but you cannot hide"
"Have you ever kissed a Snake?"
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 13, 2002 1:05:48 PM    View the profile of scout 
Since he had just gotten "killed" he decided to follow the mission instead of the sabbac game some of the other pilots were enjoying. He looked onto the large screen and saw the tactical display. The Executor was moving steadily as the fighters were looping and turning on the battlefield. None of the vipers were in critical condition so they seemed to be doing alright at the time. The Executor itself was at over 50% hull at the time. "It's quite a fight isn't it, sir?" Scout asked Warmaker. "Yes, I just hope they can handle it out there for a few more minutes." replied the squad leader. Scout was one of the few "dead" pilots not playing sabacc. He was quite likely to be the poorest viper too. "It's no use wasting away what little I have saved to play sabacc." Scout told him. He turned back to the display and saw that the missles had distracted Tycho just long enough to get finished off by the remnants of Viper squadron. One of his missles had actually connected with the x-wing. The Executor had only a couple of minutes left before the enormous ship was at its destination point. "I think I'll check on the guys at the sabbac table," scout said as he walked away from the screen.
"You can't cheat death forever, but you can sure make the bastard work for it." po2/LCRW scout/Viper 3-3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by (edited August 13, 2002 1:14:03 PM)]
Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
August 13, 2002 2:52:04 PM    View the profile of Gravin 
Gravin tried to dodge the 3 X-wings coming straight at him. He flew left then came back to a hard right, getting hit several times.... Sheilds down, Gravin scared. For the first time Gravin felt scared in battle. He never once felt scared flying with Nazgul or commanding it. He was a Brave soul, a hard fighter and good leader.  As he saw the blinking of sheilds go out he thought to him self, "what the hell is going on." THen out of no where Gravin saw Warmaker get hit and destroyed. He screamed to himself, then starting firing and holding the trigger of his fighter. He flew hard back and noticed that an X-wing came up on his back, hitting him and blowing up his Fighter. ........................................................................ Gravin headed out of the SIMULATOR room and got mad to himself....... "How could i mess up on that Simulator. I fought almost every time and beat almost every ship" he said. "Argh." Gravin saluted Warmaker and asked what the next assignment might be. Gravin chuckled and Warmaker just looked around. "Why are u laughing Gravin. It isnt funny" Warmaker said. Gravin looked at him dissapointingly saying, "well things happen for a reason right? thats why we die in battle and lose the young guys faster. Only Veterans can make it through the tough ones." ----------------------- FL/2 Lt Gravin/Viper 3-2/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)[VCB] First Owner of I'm Smart pin
[This message has been edited by (edited August 13, 2002 3:13:28 PM)]
Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

August 13, 2002 3:07:05 PM    View the profile of Warmaker 
Only a bit more time and the executor is save, thought Warmaker till he watched the screens, only a few Viper Pilots are left, only a few to defend the Super Star Destroyer Executor "Come on boys, take them out one by one" thought Warmaker It was only a sim, but Warmaker hates to loose, but he knows that his pilots are very well traind and able to get them a few moments more time "Only a bit more and we have done it" said Warmaker to himself From behind Warmaker heard a laugh and he turned around. Hammermann won another round in their sabbac Game and smiled over the whole face till he grapped all the credits from the table. As he saw that harmony between his Pilots a light smile apears on his Face, soon they will all head out to a real fight, then there was no simulator who let them out into real world after they got shoot down, then they would be dead, only pieces in the endless universum. He knows that that can happen to everyone, even he was no god, he can also die like the other pilots, Warmaker knows that and in each battle he rememberd it again, only one laser hit away from the death, thats the life from a Pilot. Slowly he turned again around to watch again the battle on the screens

-----------------------
CMDR/DJK/LCM Warmaker/Viper 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B] [SV] [CBV] [IC]

Wing Commander Phoenix Wing
Viper Squadron Commander

"You can run, but you cannot hide"
"Have you ever kissed a Snake?"
Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
August 13, 2002 3:27:47 PM    View the profile of Gravin 
Gravin went off thinking that his Pilot days were over. He felt an odd feeling in himself. A real fight, one he never omagined he would see again. He thought his pilot days were gone and done forever. He thought it was time for him to hit a desk job and train new pilots and even write death letters to families. He searched in himself for the bravery and courage he once had when he was flying back in the day with Aegis. Now he knows that the day has come for him to finally fly again. A hard, Courages battle is about to take place and Gravin's heart is throbbing from the pain and sorrow he once felt losing his Pilot's back in Nazgul when they were hit hard by the rebel group "Scavenger." His anger hit the point of non existence. His body shut down and he fell to the hangar floor. Warmaker and Piett ran over to see what was wrong. "Gravin! Gravin! get up!" Warmaker yelled. "Not now Gravin, you cant leave us. We need you for this battle" Piett said. Gravin sorta opened his eye's. "Where am I, What happened," Gravin looked up confused. "Ok where do i go from here?" Gravin asked.

-----------------------
FL/2 Lt Gravin/Viper 3-2/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)[VCB]
First Owner of I'm Smart pin
Gardoon
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  31
August 13, 2002 3:36:43 PM    View the profile of Gardoon 
[sorry to be so late guys, a family member died, and i had to move]   Gardoon comes out of the bathroom, and sees all of the other pilots watching. "What the hell happened to you guys, even you WM, who got you ???"   Gardoon went over and grabbed a Correlian Ale.  He then stole WM's cheetos while he wasnt looking.   Gardoon walked up to the screen, and monitored MegaDeath.  "I hope he makes it" .......................................................................................   (damn, these cheetos are GOOD!!!)
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 14, 2002 7:44:51 PM    View the profile of scout 
After "dying" scout decided he wasn't going to miss the last few minutes of the battle. He went to the nearby snack machine and bought a small bag of Cheeto's and started eating them by the big screen. The few Viper pilots that were left were putting up a good fight with Rougue squadron. He just hoped they could hold out for another 3 and a half minutes. The Executor was inching towards the hyper point shown as a dot on the screen. It still didn't have full function on the engines only partial on less than half of them. The sheilds were damaged beyond repairs and there were only a handful of functioning turbolasers. Through the entire fight very little had changed about the executor's status. The one thing that had changed was that the hull status had been restored to 65%. He was afraid they might not hold off rougue long enough to protect executor. Those X-wings would make mincemeat out of something that big and slow. He just hoped...
[This message has been edited by (edited August 14, 2002 7:47:22 PM)]
scout
ComNet Initiate

August 14, 2002 8:01:13 PM    View the profile of scout 
[hammerman's post, his comp is screwy right now.] Hammerman noticed that all, with the exception of MegaDeth, of the pilots of Viper had been shot down. “Ah,” Hammerman thought to himself, “More Yahtzee victims.” Gardoon had long since given up challenging Hammerman’s skills and thus  had resorted to stealing Cheetos. “Though the Cheese that goes crunch is very delectable,” thought Hammerman, “I would not risk stealing them from our squadron commander.” “Yahtzee!” yelled Xaph. “What the…” Hammerman was caught off guard by Xaph’s comeback. So in the highly unlikely chance that  he was losing, Hammerman did all he could do in the situation. “Those dice are loaded!” He yelled. “Liar” yelled Xaph. “You want some of me? Just bring it.” Hammerman was soon flying over the table to tackle Xaph. The two were rolling on the ground when Zed came over to break up the fight. However an errant kick landed on Zed’s glass jaw and he became really pissed.  Before you know it Zed jumped into the pile and was throwing punches as well. Soon the whole table was in fisticuffs. After power bombing  Xaph through the table, Hammerman executed a leg drop to finish him off. “Booyah.” Hammerman said as he got up. After dusting off, Hammerman headed over to view the sim screen. ..
Hammerman
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  180
August 16, 2002 10:24:44 PM    View the profile of Hammerman 
As Hammerman was cleaning up the floor he couldn’t help but notice all the crumbs on the floor. “Our squad is so messy. We come out of a simulator and throw a little party when we get outside. Cheetos and Alcohol everywhere. And why should I have to clean it up? Just because I threw some folks through A table does not mean that I should have to clean up all of the mess. Maybe I could understand cleaning the table up, but having to clean to entire simulator? Absolutely absurd.” Hammerman continued to mumble and wallow in self pity until he had finished his job. When he was done, he noticed MegaDeth was still in the simulator. “Strange,” thought Hammerman, “I would have thought that MegaDeth would be dead by now or the Executor would have flow off by now.” Hammerman checked the simulator screen. The Executor had lost its engines and the rest of Rouge couldn’t kill MD. “Wow,” thought Hammerman, “That’s some High quality flying I’m watching.” Inside the sim MD was fighting for his life. He knew that he could not kill all of Rouge by himself but rather he should stall them until the Executor could escape. It’s engines were shot and thus it couldn’t leave for another ten minutes. “You know,” Hammerman thought, “MD’s gonna be thirsty when he comes out.” Hammerman went to grab a cold Bacardi and then he sat down to watch the finale of the show.

-----------------------
PO1 Hammerman
FM/PO1 Hammerman/Viper 2-4/WingOne/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=) (=SA=)(=JPCA=)
"Its Hammertime!"
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Vipers ESC Story - Mission Two  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:01:54 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 201  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >