Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Want your opinion heard?

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Want your opinion heard?
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
  RE: Want your opinion heard?
July 27, 2002 10:21:07 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
I think you're right....

-----------------------
Sargeant First Class Rizzit BlackHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
Jimmy Rock
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
July 28, 2002 7:09:12 AM    View the profile of Jimmy Rock 
OH!! If that's what black ops is im all for it.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Jimmy Rock/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE(LoR)
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
July 28, 2002 11:59:43 AM    View the profile of Fury 
Just some food for thought, but maybe we could accommodate a Sector Ranger group or something.  An organization that isn't quite privateer as the Astral Guard, not VE-mandated and controlled, and not necessarily outside the law. Head here for some examples of outfits in the Star Wars universe.

-----------------------
XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC]
Company Commander
Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
Geist
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  105
Total Posts:  105
July 28, 2002 1:06:19 PM    View the profile of Geist 
Actually, the Fallen Angels were very successful for a while. Things just fell apart one day... I think we forgot what we were doing or why we were doing it.

-----------------------
"Some day we'll all look back on this and cringe."
~Uncle Yo-sim, All Knowing Bartender

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
July 28, 2002 2:35:55 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
hey didn't i suggest something like that in one of my earlier post! /me points up oh well.

-----------------------
WO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 2-1 (Aegis Five)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

CM/DJK LoneWolf/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ
Army character: Ares

"Burn Your Eyes!"
Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
July 28, 2002 6:27:24 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
I have a considerable amount of experience in simming. In AOL, a long time ago, there was once the good ship Liberator. It was a Rebel ship (I wasn't really that Imperial until high school or so). I served onboard the Liberator from the time I was in 5th grade, through my freshman year of high school when marching band forced me to miss its weekly friday meetings. What may be interesting to see is if we can organize real-time simming on a squad/squadron level. Try to organize a time once a week for everyone in the squadron plus one commanding officer (NHC or Wing Commander [in the case of the navy] to give a mission and dictate new events, basicly play the Game Master) shows up in that squadron's room, turn's OOC off and haves at a mission for an hour. Obviously not everyone will be able to show, and thus squadrons may look into schedualling their meetings at widely spaced times so that perhaps members of other squadrons could show up for participation. Just an idea...

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Priest
Naval Executive Officer
Headmaster of the Dark Jedi Order Academy
-----------------------
NXO/RAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-2/ISD Overlord/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][MC:1][KC]
HM/KPT Japheth Cappadocious/DC-5/Krath Order/Elite Griffen Sect/VEDJ/VE
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
July 28, 2002 10:59:38 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
3, if three or four(probably more) years of intense activity, fiction writing and runons(Geist and Daishi probably still have most of em) sounds like failure to you, then I hate to think what the VE looks like.  The FA only collapsed because the system that supported us(the IW) did.  The VE wasn't the right environment for something so adapted to something else.  However, I think I can set up a black ops ring in the VE that would survive and prosper.

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

Post Number:  438
Total Posts:  438
July 28, 2002 11:41:09 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
Yes in the VE the FA failed. I'm sorry i didn't spell it out for you.

-----------------------
::Salute::
FM Threeof4
Field Marshal - Vast Empire
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

July 28, 2002 11:50:46 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
/me blinks...  Huh?  If that's what you meant by your post, then I agree...  It didn't seem like it though...  Anyways, the main problem with the VE is the lack of freedom.  Don't argue with that, I get less complaints for doing things in the EH.  The real problem as I see it isn't lack of leadership, we've got plenty of that.  Anakin is a great leader, and so is 3(until he gets a glimpse of me...).  The real problem is that, simply by expressing an unpopular idea, you can become a pariah overnight.  Now that's just not right for a group that claims to be open to ideas. Once again, I predict that there will be an outcry and I will be ignored and brushed off as usual, but does that make me wrong or does it just make me more right?

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Hammerman
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  180
July 29, 2002 12:37:25 AM    View the profile of Hammerman 
It makes us all blind with all those colors. But anyways, Perhaps the environment  in the VE has changed and we are ready no for somehting like the FA to work.

-----------------------
PO2 Hammerman
FM/PO2 Hammerman/Viper 2-4/WingOne/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=) (=SA=)(=JPCA=)
"Its Hammertime!"
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
July 29, 2002 1:22:48 AM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
In my opinion, an organization, if you will, like the FA has no place in the Vast Empire.  What I did with the short lived (due to sudden and unexpected promotions) Astral Guard is start a "club" of sorts outside of the VE that was loosely affiliated with it.  It worked well for a short while, but, and I'll admit it was my fault, poorly planned and not well conceived.  If I had more time now, with my experience as a leader and a lot more free time, I believe I would be able to breathe life in the now dead organization and start it anew.  However, like I stated before, it's not meant for the VE for the simple fact that the VE is the Empire and with little use of a renegade band doing the dirty work in full view of the public. Don't get me wrong, the Empire had Spec Ops groups that did assasinations and whatnot, I'm not denying it.  I am just certain that the FA would fail again should it be brought back within the VE.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Priest, Dark Lord of the Krath, Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
Give in to your hatred.  Give in to your anger.  Give in to the Dark Side.
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

July 29, 2002 11:25:31 AM    View the profile of Fury 
I know you really, really want to play on your victim status here Argon, but lets get down to brass tacks...the FA was not that original and definitely caused more problems for the VE than any purported entertainment value it may have provided.  I mean, hell, if not for the movie Fight Club, it may never have existed for all I know. You knew, or Daishi at least, what was entailed with bringing the FA into this fold.  The rules were never made to oppress you, and they sure were not bent for you either.  This organization was setup long before you or I or most of the current membership was on the roster.  It worked when we entered and for most instances still works today.  So I have never seen a need to tear it down or join up with anyone who intended to. If you want to chalk it up to everyone is a jerk other than you, then do so, just be quiet about it as that lesson doesn't seem to translate very far to other members. You do a lot of work, you present a lot of ideas.  The FA may very well have prospered elsewhere; but for someone who advertises an understanding that there are always different opinions, you really seem to not grasp that most of us never saw a positive balance sheet on the FA experience in this particular club. Whatever is decided on an extra division or external element or whatever it may be, there will still likely be rules and some guidelines that it must adhere to.  That's how this system is built.  We don't pay for the VE, so we don't get to make the rules.

-----------------------
Company Commander
Geist
ComNet Initiate

July 29, 2002 12:34:06 AM    View the profile of Geist 
Rest assured that the fallen angels were not based on fight club. They were, in fact, a totally original creation, with no overiding tyler dervin like goal, no anarchist plan to bring down authority (they were actually all imperial loyalists), and no guy with multiple personalities running the show. Also, I agree that the Fallen Angels could not function within the structures of the mainstream VE. That is one of the reasons I suggested the group switch over to the VEEC and just accept jobs as mercs. This would have given us the freedom that we were used to. The problem was WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! Anybody remember project Nergal? Even though most of the fallen angels kept telling me that it sounded like fun and they were all for doing it, I got only ONE mission result (and only because I just happened to be in the room when the guy played it) and absolutely no activity on the runon. That's why I retired. I'd already seen the IW ignore me and patronize me like that (twice) when I was their RPA, and I just plain didn't want to put up with it from the fallen angels. If I ever get back into this sort of thing beyond fic writing, its going to be me running a bar where VE guys can come in to hire patrons for "odd jobs" or buy exotic weapons. That makes my only real responsibility me. For the ole fallen angels, command structure just sort of gets in the way.

-----------------------

Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

July 29, 2002 1:32:52 PM    View the profile of Fury 
Actually Daishi DOES have multiple personalities and anarchy did seem to be the order of the day. I was mostly referring to the idea that every mission you had for some time seemed to be a direct cut and paste from the movie - sometimes more than just the names.  Thus, the interpretation.

-----------------------
Company Commander
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

July 29, 2002 2:05:56 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
Back to the business at hand, any more suggestions?
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

July 29, 2002 4:01:56 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Fury, you can bash the FA all you like, but you still don't know us.  Talk to Daishi and Geist for a few hours, and listen to them rather than just hearing them, and then get back to me. As for the rest, I still hold to my black ops ring, there seems to be a decent amount of support for it.  Besides, if there isn't enough support, it'll just fizzle out, no pain to you. And Geist, I would've done Nergal if I had a working copy of the games needed, I really wish I did, it seemed really interesting...

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Geist
ComNet Initiate

July 29, 2002 5:05:11 PM    View the profile of Geist 
As for suggestions... Does the VE have a dedicated group of fiction writers? I don't mean an exclusive club like the Dark Jedi Order, or just as an extra possible duty for a VEEC guy, but an actual group who sits around and writes fiction? If anything, that is really what I'm interested in right now. I'd like to just have an opportunity to just hang out and write, and not even just studdies in insanity like VIN. It would be even cooler if I could earn ICs from it to work on building up my private fleet

-----------------------

Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

July 29, 2002 5:32:58 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
As far as normal operations go... The VE is almost entirely people who sit around and write, with some game playing thrown in as distraction. There are some that don't write and only game, but for the most part, we write.

-----------------------
Naval Executive Officer
-----------------------
NXO/RAD Japheth Cappadocious/NHC-2/ISD Overlord/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][MC:1][KC]
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

July 29, 2002 6:48:31 PM    View the profile of Fury 
You can call it bashing all you like, but it's merely a perspective from someone who has only been a VE member. The point none of you guys has seemingly ever gotten is that we in the VE never saw you at your prime.  So yeah, color us really skeptical. And I realize you guys did have fun and enjoy yourselves.  The point is, I only ever saw it HERE except at someone else's expense, which I believe is not a goal of our's. As for talking to others, what will I learn other than you guys had fun.  I'm sure you did.  But that doesn't grant you victim status once the fun ended.  It's a tired song and most of us would rather not hear it. We're not trying to rehash the past for the 400th time.  We are currently looking for ways to get more people involved and entertained.  This thread of discussion is not doing it. You want to flame my inbox?  Go for it.  Let's just stick to the subject.   ----------------------- XO/LTC Fury/VEA/TADATH/VE [PoC][SotE:HC][SotE:VEA][IOC] Company Commander Shopkeeper - Imperial Center
[This message has been edited by Fury (edited July 29, 2002 7:27:17 PM)]
Japheth
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

July 29, 2002 7:01:59 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
AND SO... Back to the subject. Reading through the past newses... I don't like that word... anyway, reading through the ones from the past, I run accross interviews being conducted on officers. Here's one for Kad, Daishi, Atrus, Cosmic, Sithspawn... Perhaps we could look foward to more of these in the future? I don't know if it'd particularly help activity, or whatever, but it would probably be very entertaining and enlightening.

-----------------------
Naval Executive Officer
-----------------------
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
July 29, 2002 7:10:30 PM    View the profile of Talon 
I want to flame your "inbox" Fury!

-----------------------
PRF-RC/BG Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HCA-1/VEA/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GV-SL/KM "Nightblades"/DC-4/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
CEO Sierra "Talon" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CE Vincent "Claw" Taurus/Endoven/Dome 8457/VEEC/VE
Geist
ComNet Initiate

July 29, 2002 9:30:24 PM    View the profile of Geist 
Grrr... Prankin was hardly ever fun because nobody but Talon was ever really interested in pranking in response. Its not fun when one guy has to hold up the VE's end of it against most of us (I would have loved it if Stormie had nailed me after I did the welcome prank). Oh yeah, Argon, knock off the victim sctich. The fallen angels is dead and we killed it more than anyone else.

-----------------------

Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

July 30, 2002 8:58:20 AM    View the profile of Threeof4 
Yea Japh, i was kinda hoping that the VE Today would have done something like that, unfortunately it's a tabloid so I don't think that it will actually do things like that. 3

-----------------------
::Salute::
FM Threeof4
Field Marshal - Vast Empire
Notepad
Email
I'm in hell.
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
July 30, 2002 11:18:06 AM    View the profile of Bear 
I assure you that interviewing has been meticulously tried and tested by the glorious staff of VE Today.. Unfortuently, the one interview we did wasn't quite up to VE standards - I believe it had something to do with Riel Fury, sexuality and pixies. A lethal combination. I hereby swear that I will put more effort into a serious side of VE Today. In fact, I'll put more effort in to it all.. get something regular and half-decent running.

-----------------------
        Captain Aaron "Bear" Le'pue, Naval Instructor & VE Today Chief Editor
                                                        ~~~
   INS/CAP Aaron "Bear" Le'pue/Flight School/Training Fleet/ISD II Crusader/VEN/VE
     (=A=) (=SA=) (=MA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [LSM] [LoC] [NDM]

~~~
                                      Bear : [email protected]
                             Vast Empire Today : [email protected]
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
July 30, 2002 1:05:49 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
when you interview someone, bear, a word of advice... Make the interviewer a competent one with decent questions to ask, etc.  I recall the aforementioned "interview" and it was extremely generic with little interest.  I was bored giving it.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Prophet(ess), Dark Lord of the Krath, Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
Give in to your hatred.  Give in to your anger.  Give in to the Dark Side.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

July 30, 2002 1:19:42 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Geist, I don't play off victim status, I just remind people of the mistakes of the past so they don't repeat them.  Anyways, I'll continue that one as Fury says on e-mail. As for the rest, my black ops ring offer still stands, and I'd be willing to join Geist's fiction thing. And Japh, the VE doesn't really do fiction, we do runons.  Fiction is an entire story written by one person, usually with one specific goal in mind 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
July 30, 2002 8:39:14 PM    View the profile of Talon 
Actually, we do some of that as well.

-----------------------
PRF-RC/BG Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HCA-1/VEA/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
GV-SL/KM "Nightblades"/DC-4/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
CEO Sierra "Talon" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CE Vincent "Claw" Taurus/Endoven/Dome 8457/VEEC/VE
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

July 30, 2002 9:52:04 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Yeah, you do, but not full time 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Threeof4
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Admiral (ADM)
[VE-VEHC] Field Marshal*

July 30, 2002 10:31:20 PM    View the profile of Threeof4 
can we get over the petiness please.  please stop going out of your way to start fights, and everyone else, just ignore them when they do that.  It's getting old and i have to read through all this crap just to get to the information i want.
Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

July 31, 2002 11:49:43 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
What fight, I'm just making my points for a full blown fiction division.  Anyways, you've seen my ideas, so all I can really do is defend other good ones when they come up 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Main ComNet > Want your opinion heard?  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:47:05 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 78  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >