Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Coming soon to a storynet near you!

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Coming soon to a storynet near you!
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
  RE: Coming soon to a storynet near you!
August 1, 2002 6:35:16 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
is the Redding u live in in Connecticut?

-----------------------
SM/PFC Swomz/Dread Knight 2/Storm Platoon/1Company/1Battalion/Lorn IV/VEA
Private First Class Swomz
Dread Knights Squad Member
Former FS I:A and Venom 3FL Leader
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
August 1, 2002 6:37:43 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
is the Redding u live in in Connecticut

-----------------------
SM/PFC Swomz/Dread Knight 2/Storm Platoon/1Company/1Battalion/Lorn IV/VEA
Private First Class Swomz
Dread Knights Squad Member
Former FS I:A and Venom 3FL Leader
Geist
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  105
Total Posts:  105
August 1, 2002 9:24:46 PM    View the profile of Geist 
Redding? Overgrown hick town... Redding California? I lived in the town of Redding California for two years before moving up to this particular strip of purgatory. It was one of the places that I enjoyed living in the most. I miss that town, all the good times we had, the firecrackers, the bike rides, the epic games of war, the brutal snowball fight I had each winter, the 110 degree summers, I miss the place almost as much as Garibaldi Oregon. Alright Argon, You must pay for making me so depressed. Fifty lashes with a small angry housecat. (think about it, would you want to be beaten with a small angry housecat?) Of course this whole rant could be just an excuse to have Argon beaten with a small angry housecat.

-----------------------
"Some day we'll all look back on this and cringe."
~Uncle Yo-sim, All Knowing Bartender

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

Post Number:  1789
Total Posts:  1789
August 1, 2002 10:51:44 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
/me hides all the small angry housecats. Yeah, it could have been.  You didn't mention anything there beyond what I've mentioned enough times for everyone to know it    Besides, it never snows in Redding, not for about ten years now...  You have to go up to Mt. Shasta for any snow.  And both politically and socially, it's an overgrown hicktown. Politically: Conservative Fundamental Christian Socially: People went crazy of the escalator and elevator that Macy's recently put in... 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"In combat, second place is only the last to die."- Anonymous
"Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses" - Carl G Jung
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Geist
ComNet Initiate

August 1, 2002 11:13:23 PM    View the profile of Geist 
That's the place. HA! IT SNOWED BOTH YEARS I WAS THERE! (twelve years or so ago) IT SNOWED A LOT! Shoot, it snowed in early november one year. I'm told that those two years were something of an anomaly in Redding's weather patterns. Something like it didn't snow before my family moved there, and it hasn't snowed since we left (I knew I was a weather god). And there is nothing inherently hick about being conservative or fundamentalist christian. Nevertheless, I remember other aspects of Redding that cried hick to me.

-----------------------

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 2, 2002 11:02:16 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
You mean the elevator and escalator things?  Or perhaps you mean the fact that most of the people have never been out of Redding in their lives...  Basically, I dislike the atmosphere of the place, and I look forward to going off to college    Well, technically I'm at college(and I like it so far), but I look forward to doing it for real in a year. As for the other two things I mentioned(that Geist disagreed with), while those may not, alone, catagorize them as hicks, it is something that is found when there are hicks  (not to say that there aren't intelligent conservatives, there are some, but most intelligent christians usually aren't fundamentalist(note the use of the word most  ))

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
"History is on the move, those who cannot keep up will watch from a distance, and those who get in our way will not watch at all" - Grand Admiral Thrawn
"The only thing that will never change is that everything will change" - Argon Viper
Geist
ComNet Initiate

August 11, 2002 11:38:11 PM    View the profile of Geist 
Just in case anyone was curious... Varneck Inheritor Nergal Episode 9: Senseless Madness, Convoluted Plots, and Love Polygons will be released within the week. Join our brave crew as they begin their first assignment alongside their new allies of the VEEC, and face love fantasies, accidental chemical warfare, a decades old deal, a plot continuity fairy, the awakening of an ancient evil, and the wrath of a woman groped. Here's what fans have already said about Episode 9 "Wasn't that guy in the black hat supposed to be dead?"-anonymous nit picker "The evil is but a pale imitation of my incredible power!" -some old freak "I know where this is going, and it scares me!" - Alex Hazen, wandering know it all "Whoa! Swimsuit edition!" - someone more hopeless than me "Stormie isn't half as sexy as I am!" -someone else with a curse "It awakens that numb spot in the middle of my brain" -Why, assistant writer

-----------------------

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 12, 2002 11:12:17 AM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Well, at least the sanity is still lacking, you'll never get rid of that 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Geist
ComNet Initiate

August 16, 2002 11:44:16 PM    View the profile of Geist 
The release date for episode nine is hearby revised to the middle of next week. Currently it stands at 16 pages and 7700 words, but the end is in sight!

-----------------------

Geist
ComNet Initiate

August 17, 2002 2:12:40 AM    View the profile of Geist 
Hah! I lied! Episode nine is finished and posted. 9400 words, just over 19 pages. It is by far the biggest episode yet. Size matters, right?

-----------------------

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

August 28, 2002 5:29:02 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Only in your head Geist    I may be retiring, but I'm still gonna keep up with this one    Anyways, nice work.  Just for the heck of it, I'm compiling it on a word document so I can read it as one jumbled together mess 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Geist
ComNet Initiate

August 29, 2002 12:11:23 AM    View the profile of Geist 
Hey, retirement's cool. You can hang out at uncle Yo-sim's bar and grill and throw darts at the writer in the black hat... [thinks about that for a moment] ...wait, no, that's probably not a good idea... Seriously though, I've been having more fun in the VE as a retired guy than I ever had as a Srg Maj, a fallen angel, or the director of special projects. It can be fun to just hang around, argue philosophy with people, write, and not have to report to anyone whatsoever. Of course, I suppose we need an update on the progress of Varneck Inheritor Nergal. That is after all the purpose of this thread. You may have noticed that Daishi has released episode eleven. Currently he is working on Ep 12, the episode where we finally go where nobody really wanted us to go. After that, I get episodes 13, 14, and 15, where we take high drama and base humor to new levels. Plans are for a total of about twenty one episodes, so we are already half way done! Wow, that little spiel sounded awfully businesslike. I feel disapointed in myself. FREE THE SEA MONKEYS! HENTAI IN EVERY CLASSROOM! COMRADES! CONSIDER ME A BAD COMMUNIST!

-----------------------

Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
August 30, 2002 2:22:45 AM    View the profile of Daishi 
Right, report. Seems like mine where like car wrecks, you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself. Anyways, if all proceeds as I have forseen VINep12 will get underway tomorrow, I've been letting myself get unfocused. My next episode after that will be "Ninja Science Theater 3000:Plot Discontinuity". Hey what do we care, the plot continuity fairy has been killed, stuffed, and mounted above the fireplace in Uncle Jociam's Bar&Grill?

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Argon Viper
ComNet Expert

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Senior Writer

September 1, 2002 11:27:22 PM    View the profile of Argon Viper 
Heck yeah!!  I think I'm gonna like being a retired agitator  Anyways, you guys are doing a great job on the story, it's hilarious    Keep up the great work 

-----------------------
Argon Viper
IW COL Argon Viper{ret}
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

October 28, 2002 9:42:06 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Geist is ready to give up on this project because no one seems to be reading Varneck Inheritor Nergal anymore. I realise we all have demands on our time but I'd like you all to direct comments, critiscism, and even ideas to a topic I shall start on the lounge comnet for this topic of discussion.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato

Talon
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-DJO] Dark Jeedai Master (DJM)
[VE-VEHC] High General

Post Number:  1490
Total Posts:  2417
October 28, 2002 10:13:29 PM    View the profile of Talon 
I've found it amusing so far...

-----------------------
TO/GN Sierra "Talon" Taurus/HCA-4/VEA/VE[BC][IOC][LoC][SoS][BM][CDS][MSM]
DGM-SL/KPX "Nightblades"/DC-2/Elite Griffen Sect/VSD-II Griffen/VEDJ/VE[IOC][OQD][WoS 2nd Class]
CEO Sierra "Talon" Taurus/ECHC-1/Endoven/Dome 8473/VEEC/VE
-----------------------
SCAP/COM Vincent "Claw" Taurus/ISD Nemesis/Offensive Fleet/VEN[=A=][LoM][IOC][IC2]
CE Vincent "Claw" Taurus/Endoven/Dome 8457/VEEC/VE
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

October 30, 2002 5:24:57 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Well of course, you have the best part. If Geist does decide not to continue I think I shall go ahead and do the New Years episode and follow that plot line until plot discontinuity. After that though I think I'll just wrap up Varneck Inheritor Nergal to a quick and decicive end(by skipping about six episodes) unless I get some more support(like a new lead writter unless Geist decided to help finish up). All plans are flexible at this point.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS

Tycho Celchu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  195
November 26, 2002 10:12:49 PM    View the profile of Tycho Celchu 
I'm just hoping they don't kill me off or anything. I very much enjoy this series. On my most stressful days I'd come here to read it and I'd get a good solid half-hour of relaxation and humor. PS PLEASE KEEP ME ALIVE!

-----------------------
Corporal Tycho Celchu, Slicer
Dread Knights, Vast Empire's Stormtrooper Corps
Union Representative of the Dread Knights
[email protected]
AIM: Tycho987
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Coming soon to a storynet near you!  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:07:38 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 76  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >