Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Marine Corps > Archived Marine Corps Main Comnet > Miscellaneous Chatter

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Miscellaneous Chatter
Japheth
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

[VE-DJO] Krath Scholar
[VE-NAVY] High Admiral (HADM)
[VE-VEHC] High Admiral*
[VE-VEMC] General

Post Number:  2488
Total Posts:  2517
  RE: Miscellaneous Chatter
February 13, 2012 8:38:52 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Looks like consensus is slowly building. I'll wait a few more days to see if anyone else wants to chime in and also give interested parties a chance to investigate the server (which I'll be doing tonight, myself, starting in about 10 minutes).
General Japheth Cappadocious, Krath Scholar
Commandant of the Vast Empire Marine Corps
High Admiral, Vast Empire Navy, retired
-----------------------
CMC/Gen Japheth Cappadocious/HQMC/VEMC/VE
Ret/HAD Japheth Cappadocious/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][BWC][LSM][MC:1][NC][KC:DE][IGC][MoH]
Ret/KS Japheth Cappadocious/VEDJ/VE/[SoY][EoP]
Serpent
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer (CPO)

Post Number:  262
Total Posts:  1214
February 13, 2012 8:40:56 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
I have an hour before work, I'll join ye and send ye a Whisper
FO/CPO Pherik “Serpent” Zail / ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Besh/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][MC2][LoM][NAR][E][HNS][SWC][CBV][VC:B][=^Eng^=]
Japheth
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

[VE-DJO] Krath Scholar
[VE-NAVY] High Admiral (HADM)
[VE-VEHC] High Admiral*
[VE-VEMC] General

Post Number:  2489
February 15, 2012 10:51:28 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
So with not a lot of other input, I'm tempted to go ahead and make the move to Lord Adraas. I'm really digging the atmosphere on it - the people seem generally friendlier and their RPing adds more flavor to the world as you run around. I even participated a bit during a Black Talon run - it was neat.

Serpent and I are the only ones I know character names for. I'm Kaishin (currently level 17), and Serpent is Tarith. I'll probably be editing my player character info post to include Lord Adraas server info before too long, so post here and/or update that post when/if you make a character there. Once we can scrape 4 people together, we'll get a guild going.

On the topic of a guild, I'm open to suggestions as to what to call it. I'm tempted to avoid 'Vast Empire Marines' in order to keep it more accessable to recruiting members within the game. Serpent expressed to me a preference for names including the word 'Order' like "The X Order" or "The Order of X" - a format I do not object to. We need something cool, hip, that the kids will like. Its all about marketing. Or so I'm told.
-----------------------
Ret/HAD Japheth Cappadocious/VEN/VE/(=MA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[BRC][BWC][LSM][MC:1][NC][KC:DE][IGC][MoH]
Serpent
ComNet Cadet
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer (MCPO)

Post Number:  269
February 16, 2012 8:40:13 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
I've updated my main character info to include Tarith.

I must say I am also enjoying the atmosphere on the Lord Adraas server, and though I have little time this week, I expect a LOT of play on it next week.  Come check it out folks!

As for my thoughts on the new name, I have noticed guilds on other servers with 'Order' in their name.  They range from militaristic use of the word (as in Knightly Orders) to more arcane uses (such as mystical Orders).  If we can be cunning enough to choose a name that could be either, we can appeal to RPers of both Sith and Mercs/Agents.

When I have time I shall post some ideas, though if anyone else has some thoughts please do post them (with or without 'Order' in the name!).
FO/CPO Pherik “Serpent” Zail / ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Besh/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][MC2][LoM][NAR][E][HNS][SWC][CBV][VC:B][=^Eng^=]
Japheth
ComNet Overlord
Imperial Duke

[VE-DJO] Krath Scholar
[VE-NAVY] High Admiral
[VE-VEHC] High Admiral*
[VE-VEMC] General

Post Number:  2495
June 26, 2012 3:04:37 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
1.3 came out today. Kind of excited about it - it has a group finder for Flashpoints. That'll make it a lot easier to find groups for those. It will also make it easier to meet people, which in turn will make it easier to either form a guild or find a solid guild that we wouldn't mind joining.

Today I'll probably be hopping around a bit. I've mostly decided to focus on 4 characters for the time being, 2 Imp and 2 Rep (Assassin, Operative, Guardian, and Commando). I'll probably be trying out flashpoints quite a bit today (and for the next several days). Need to finish leveling my assassin at some point, he's level 40 now. Lots of new Legacy perks available now too - though most aren't really going to pay off much if I don't level my legacy more. :P

In vaguely related news, I've also moved all but one of my characters off of Vulkar Highway to Prophecy of the Five. I know we're not concentrating on it much anymore, but I do have a 50 Juggernaut there, and a 36ish Operative, so I figured it was worth noting. Vulkar Highway, like Lord Adraas, is basically empty now. I transferred Guild Leadership of the VE guild on VH to the one character that I left there (Infinity, an Assassin).

At some point I'll probably also be cleaning up the VEMC roster, because I know a lot of people aren't playing anymore. Wish I had a way to remove people from the division...
-----------------------
Hades
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Commander

Post Number:  1176
Total Posts:  1245
November 3, 2013 9:02:26 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Just joined, got to level 10 now i have to wait until the download finishes before i can move on Anyone still playing?

Lieutenant Commander Demetrius 'Hades' Aita

FL | LCDR Hades | Silver 9 | S:46 "Jexxel" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Paragon | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[*IG*][LoM] [DSM] [NSR] [VC:B] [VC:S] [MC:1] [MC:2] [CBV] [CAR] [MiD]
[HNS] [1NS] [BRC] [BWC] [SWC] [GWC] [CNQST] [CC:4]
[*SWC*] [*FOCE*] [^TG^]
Serpent
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Commander

Post Number:  1158
November 3, 2013 5:37:08 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
I still play daily in fact!  I have 6 characters at level 55, and the other four are between 16 and 47.

Alas, they, like Japth's characters, are all on the Ebon Hawk server!  Yours aren't, are they Hades?

Naval High Command
CNW|Commander Zail|NHC|VEN|VE

SCAP/CDR Pherik “Serpent” Zail / ISD Paragon /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][SoV][MiD][MC1][VC:E][CAR][CoB.][NC][CC:3][CNQST][PWC][2NS][LSM][WM0][AOx4][DSM](=*Eng*=)(=*BO*=)(=SWC=)
Gurlanin
ComNet Member
Imperial Supporter

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  670
Total Posts:  757
November 8, 2013 10:03:30 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Hades and I met up yesterday, which was fun. Unfortunately, RL called and we both had to log off before we'd actually done anything interesting.

However, something I noticed, that I'd thought about before, was that we had to comunicate through typing. Whilst this is not a problem in most cases, in the heat of battle?

I'm planning on making my Commando a Healer. Never done it before, but someone needs to, eh? But I can't keep an eye on everyone all the time. If no-one needs healing, then I'm going to be damage dealing. However, if we organise a Skype call, or TeamSpeak (if anyone has a server), then calling out "medic" will work. Also, it means that we can more effectively co-ordinate, especially if we do PvP missions, where split second decisions have to be made.

A TS server is around $6.00 a month, I think. An extra $1 if we want a unique sever name address.
SCO | SCPO Gurlanin | Iron One | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Paragon" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=*TG*=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}{Astro}

TO|CPO Gurlanin|PLF "Cappadocious"|VENA|VEN|VE
ComNet > Imperial Marine Corps > Archived Marine Corps Main Comnet > Miscellaneous Chatter  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:37:41 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 77  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >