Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  864
Total Posts:  2873
  RE: Wraiths and all new troopers
May 19, 2002 7:16:09 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
(nice post bane thanks for joining us please dont use "w/" though heh) /me is happy now I wouldn't use the force in any official stories mind, the DJO don't like it. ***********     Raziel knew they had to get out of here soon, but he knew that he would likely not get out of here at all.     When Bane entered the room he knew that the odds were slightly better, but still not too good.     Bane's arrival meant that the imperial troops were inside the base, being led into the trap. Raziel had sorely underestimated the Tribesmen, how could he believe so foolishly that they would send their whole force out to fight leaving them defenceless. Somehow he knew they would have to get out of here and fast.     Raziel and Afyon were fighting back to back now, there was no room for blaster now, only fists, feet, knives and swords.     Afyon was having slightly more trouble than Raziel at the moment, they were constantly pressed back and Afyons sword needed a bit more maneuvering space than raziels slender knives.     Raziel stepped to one side as a warrior hacked downwards at him with a heavy axe, Raziel quickly stepped back in and embedded his dagger in the man's chest.     In a simultaneous movement Raziel revealed a hand-full of throwing knives and let them all loose in a second, Five men on his right fell to the ground clutching at painful wounds.     On the other side Afyon was furiously parrying two swordsmen, the two of them looked alike, probably borthers. They knew each others moves perfectly and their strikes and feints complemented each others exactly. Whenever Afyon thought he had an opening he lost it.     Unfortunately he also had another desertman charging at him with a nasty looking glaive.     "Raz!" he shouted.     Afyon managed to move to the side of the glaive, narrowly avoiding many spikes along the weapons shaft. He looked back as the polearm almost touched Raziel's back.     In one movement Raziel slit the throat of the swordsman he was fighting, caught the glaive, turned and decapetated one of the two brother's.     A look of sheer rage came accross the other brother's face untill it was replaced by a look of pain as Afyon stabbed him below the chest.     Raziel's move had cost him dearly, a soldier weilding a heavy mace clubbed him on the shoulder. His vision blurred as he span towards the ground.     When he opened his eyes Bane was standing over him battling furiously, it didn't take Raziel long to get back to his feet now.     The three of them were now backed into a corner, each defending a certain angle of attack. But still the press of soldiers was beginning to take its toll.     "afyon behind us!" Raziel commanded.     "But...."     "Do it! Get your rifle out!"     Defended by Bane and Raziel Afyon had enough room to unholster a rifle and let loose into the crowd. When enough room was cleared Raziel took his own pistol out and opened fire.     Soon the three ofn them were surrounded by a mass of dead and wounded.     Raziel looked to the Dias and throne and saw that a group of ten clan leaders had filtered into the room to watch the imperial's die. They weren't looking too happy now.     "You lot, be quiet!" shouted the leader.     Raziel realised that maybe this alliance was not quite the mutual affair it had seemed. It appeared that some power hungry Warrior, armed by the rebels had taken command.     The leader shouted something that none of the imperails understood and the four other warriors stepped forward. Each of them removed a strange pole-arm from their back.     Their weapons had a haldberd head at one end, and either a hammer or spear blade on the other end.     Slowly they advanced on the suddenly small looking imperials.     "At my side now," Raziel shouted     "Yes sir, stick together," Afyon said as he fired his rifle at the nearest black-clad warrior. The man fell to the floor, howled in rage and got back up again. Afyon tossed his rifle to the ground and unsheated his sword. ===========================================     "What the....???" Narroc asked.     "Dont ask, but hell it helped didnt it?" Grizzly replied. Grinning madly in his uniform.     "But but where??" Narroc asked again.     "I'll tell you later," Grizzly replied as his "Soldiers" ran screaming into battle.     "Well it looks good," the Sergeant in charge of the regulars said.     "They're mostly destroyed now, some of them managed to hold the southern tower untill Grizzly's force came along and helped. There's still a few of them about ambushing our men in the factories though." he carried on.     "Ok, we finish them off then we go check out the mine shafts, i'm figuring there are more down there." Narroc said as he and Grizzly charged off to join the battles. (Ok Afyon, Bane leave the leader out of the battle for now. i have something planned )    

-----------------------
SL/SGMTRaziel/4SQD/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/ {EW1}
Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
May 19, 2002 8:42:34 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon and Bane stood and faced the 5 leaders.  Slowly, the one in the middle rose from his throne and pushed back his cloak, revealing the black armor with the shining red emblem in the middle.  To the side, Raziel was lying on the floor, unable to fight in the upcoming battle. Bane lifted his blaster and aimed at the leader. "HOLD IT." ordered Afyon.  "Dont fire that weapon.  Toss it aside." he commanded as he also through aside his blaster.  "Now then take this." Afyon continued and tossed Bane an elegant sword taken from one of the senior fighters that was now dead.  Afyon also grabbed the sword from the senior guard before refacing the 5 leaders. The lead man drew his gold blade and walked forward, his 4 others behind him.  Afyon bowed to them before bringing his sword to bare.  Bane followed suit not understand this ritual nor completely competent in wielding the sword. The 5 men advanced, their great height and bearing instilled fear into the hearts of many throughout the years, but not to Afyon.  While he advanced, Bane stepped back, unsure of what was to come. "You with me or not Bane?  If not drop the sword and aid Raziel.  I dont need an unsure man fighting with me.  I am safer without you.  If you feel competent and are willing to die then get your butt here now." ordered Afyon in a loud powerful voice, his body seemed to grow and his hair shone in the light of the dueling chamber. Bane dropped his sword and went to aid Raziel, while he was there Raziel disclosed his plan and they both secretly held their blasters tight. Meanwhile, Afyon stepped forward and prepared for battle.  Suddenly, the men charged at Afyon and he ran to meet the challenge.  He swung his blade left and clanged it with the leader.  The blades seemed to shine as the two meet each others cold eyes.  Afyon turned and rotated on his blade, spinning away and attacking the man advancing from his left. The enemy on his left turned and swung high, bearly missing the head of Afyon and his leaped back in a full flip and swung, meeting the sword of another man on his right.  Afyon saw that he was being surrounded so he lept backward and clanged swords with teh man behind him, using that as leverage to flip out of the surround ring. The man in the back turned, but not fast enough as Afyon sliced his shoulder off beforing beheading the man.  One of the others stupidly charged right at Afyon.  Afyon dived rolled right between his legs and squng back, cutting both of the mans legs off and causing him to die a slow painful death. Now there were only three left, and they seemed much smarter than the others.  They advanced slowly, their eyes shone dark and cold as they moved thier swords towards Afyon.  What he had not realized was that he was right near the wall and it seemed unlikely for him to be able to kill them all before he would die. (DO NOT KILL THEM...I WANT THE HONOR OF IT...I GOT A PLAN :P plz )
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

May 20, 2002 5:19:07 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Ok afyon i knoe you had something planned but you just completely ignored my previous posts I wasnt still on the floor, only 4 of the men advanced and they all had pole-arms if you'd wanted to change the story you could have asked me

-----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Ensign (ESN)

Post Number:  887
Total Posts:  2143
May 20, 2002 9:55:09 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
oops i guess i didnt reads yours quite clearly sorry bout that hmm how can we change this back anyone Corporal Afyon

-----------------------
FL/PO1_Arturus/Nazgul2-1/ISD II Nemesis/VE/VEN/(=a=)(=sa=)(=jcpa=)(=scpa=)
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

May 21, 2002 7:50:52 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
No worries i'll think of something

-----------------------
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

May 21, 2002 9:13:37 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
    Bane clasped Raziel’s wrist firmly and pulled him to his feet. For a second Raziel thought he would fall again, but Bane grabbed his shoulders and held him fast.     Across the other side of the room Afyon furiously battle with the two remaining guards. These two proved to be far more skilful and Afyon was backing away rapidly. His sword wasn't of great make and it was definitely too small to parry the pole-arms the guards were swinging powerfully at him.     He ducked under a swing of one of the black warrior’s halberd ends. The blade passed only inches over his head, as Afyon took a step back however the hammer end of the pole-arm came swing back around. The Warrior had changed his weapons momentum almost instantaneously and Afyon hadn’t expected it.     Afyon felt pain explode from his face and felt himself falling. He was surprised at how long it took him to hit the ground.     When he looked up from blood-filled eyes, he saw the high ceiling of the room. He gently felt his face with his right hand to have his suspicions confirmed, his nose was completely shattered.     He looked up to see the two guards charging at him, Halberd ends raised, ready to skewer him to the floor.     Then a black flash came in from the left and that guard was on the ground clutching his belly.     The other was stopped dead as Bane stepped in front of him, blocking his path.     The guard held his pole-arm on his right hand side, ready to swing. Bane held his sword in a tight two handed grip straight in front of him ready to attack from any angle.     The warrior raised his pole-arm and swung down at bane. Bane stepped to the left to avoid the strike, knowing that if he went right the other end of the pole-arm would catch him.     The Warrior shifted his footing and brought the hammer end of the weapon around, but Bane was the faster. Taking a quick step forward his sword went right through the Guards stomach.     Raziel stood sideways on, holding one knife out in front of him, the other behind him cocked and ready to strike.     The guard with a deep wound in his side was already looking sluggish. He swung lazily at Raziel who hopped back a step as he struck. His left hand, out in front quickly swiped the man's wrist.     The Warrior looked down at his heavily bleeding hand. He took up his pole arm again in two hands and swung it around to the left, obviously having no fear of losing. He put all his remaining strength into his last strike and Raziel felt the utmost respect for the man. Raziel easily ducked under the swipe and his right arm, still cocked behind him shot forward.     The blade struck home, deep into the Warriors left lung, but he kept on fighting. Lashing out wildly with his fists the man gasped futilely for breath. Raziel thought the man would keep on fighting for a long time, but then Afyon, now recovered, cut his left arm off.     "Couldn’t let you take another kill from me," he smiled.     The three got back together and stood facing the last Black-clad warrior. the leader of the group. He was looking far from happy.     He clapped sarcastically and grimaced at them. He stopped clapping and pulled a great axe from behind his "Throne"     "Well done, and now you ARE going to die!"     Ever enthusiastic Afyon charged forward. Hesitating a second Bane followed and Raziel headed off to the left, hoping to get behind the leader.     As soon as Afyon got within a few metres the leader pressed something on the arm of his chair. Field generators were uncovered on each side of the room and Afyon was cut off from Raziel and Bane who almost ran straight into the shimmering blue field.     Afyon looked back then charged right into the Warrior. His first strike he thought would end the battle, a straight swipe at the throat. A subtle twist changed the angle of the feint into a stab at the chest.     In a flash the leader brought his Axe across his body, blocking the skilful attack.     Afyon then went into a furious attack routine, picturing all the people who had died on the mission so far. Afyon used every trick he knew and still couldn’t get close to hitting the mark. When his offensive had played itself out the two combatants stood a few metres apart staring straight at each other.     "My turn!" the Black-clad soldier shouted as he rushed forwards.     Raziel looked all around the room looking for a way to get to Afyon. He did notice that the field emitters weren’t actually big enough to cover the whole of the rooms 4 metre height.     "Bane help me!" Raziel shouted.     He took a running jump at bane, who grabbed his foot and through him straight up the wall. Raziel raked at the walls until he finally found a hand hold.     Climbing furiously he was soon at the top of the energy field. Now moving far more cautiously he started edging over the field, knowing that it could cut him in half.     Afyon was back-pedalling fast now, that gleaming axe came in at him time after time. Every swing came closer to cutting him in half. Eventually Afyon wasn't fast enough and was forced to parry. The force of the blow left his arms aching and his sword on the other side of them room.     Afyon barely saw the fist that came flying in. Next he knew only blackness.     The leader turned around to face Bane.     "Ok which one of you is next? What the...."     He was cut short as Raziel stabbed down hard into his back. The leaders armour kept Raziel from doing too much damage, but the leader was left bleeding from various holes in his armour by the time he had turned to face Raziel.     "Obviously it's you next then," he smiled     Raziel looked outmatched indeed. He stood at just over five feet, a good 2 foot shorter than his adversary. The warrior raised his axe to chest level, holding it horizontally in front of him. Raziel stood as he tended too now. His right arm cocked behind him, so that the angle of the attack would be hidden.     In a lightening fast movement the leader shifted his right foot forward and twisted to the left. His arms and axe seemed to unfold as he spun and Raziel had to duck fast to avoid the blow. Raziel, faster still got a strike in, but again the armour meant that he only got a glancing blow.     It carried on in this fashion for another ten minutes, Bane was getting very angry on the other side of the field, unable to help.     Raziel soon realized that the glancing blows he was getting in weren’t sufficient to stop the brutish man. On the other hand, a single connecting blow would mean death for Raziel. He decided that this leader was simply too skilful for any of them to take on alone.     Raziel swung dangerously on the next swing, making the leader step back. Raziel skipped back, putting a few metres between them. The leader roared and charged.     Raziel sheathed a combat knife and slipped a throwing knife into his hand.     When the warrior got within five feet Raziel let it fly. The knife struck him hard in the chest and cracked his armour.     “Where is your honour?” the Leader shouted, pulling the knife from his chest.     “Bad move,” Raziel stated as blood poured from the wound and the leader’s lung deflated.     Raziel was on the injured warrior in a second slashing at his throat, his sharp knife sliced clean through his larynx and severed the jugular. The mortally wounded leader got a hand to Raziel though and through him to the floor. He picked up his axe and raised it over his head ready to finish off Raziel.     He would have done so had Afyon not bowled into him. The huge man went down to the floor in a heap, gasping for breath and cursing under his breath. In a few seconds he was dead.     “Thanks,” Raziel said. Afyon only smiled, still dizzy.       Raziel turned to the clan leaders who were all smiling and looking happy.     “Thank you! You’ve saved us, he was holding us here and using our men for his own desires!” shouted a tall, bald tribe-leader.     “Shut it,” Raziel said.     “Bane, get back down to our men and stop them from going down those mine-shafts. You lot, get down to your troops and tell them to stop shooting.” Raziel said to the tribe leaders.     They all ran off down separate corridors down to the battle below. Bane used the lift to get back down to inform the imperials of the trap.

-----------------------
Arturus
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Ensign (ESN)

Post Number:  887
Total Posts:  2143
May 25, 2002 2:06:12 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
(sorry i havent posted till now, i couldnt think of anything, anyway here it is ) The three men raced out of the chamber and out of the tower.  They retraced their tracks all the way to the bottom floor where they had entered. "We cant go out and around, the area is mined.  I guess we have to find some other way to the squad."  said Raziel as the men looked around the hallway. "Maybe there is a hidden passage somewhere.  There must be an inner cavern that links everything together."  suggested Afyon. The men spread out and walked along the hallway, glancing at the wall lookkinf for anything that may be a clue. "I think I found something." said Afyon as he faced a pair of laterns.  The two men started walking towards Afyon.  "If i just realign these laterns..."  Afyon twisted the left latern and before he knew what happened, the laterns exploded sending Afyon flying against the otehr wall.  His skull broke instantly on contact and the left side of his body was a mess.  The leg and arm broken, plus a few ribs and a deflated lung. The skin around his arm was soaked in dark red blood, so much that you couldnt see his hand missing until you came up close. Raziel raced over to Afyon. "He is still breathing, I doubt he will for long though."  said Raziel as he glanced down at his trooper.   Afyon's breaths were short and shallow.  He was completely unconscious and the blood flowed out of his body like water from a tap. "In a few seconds he is going to die of blood loss."  sated Raz nervously as he ripped the shirt off his back and half of his pants to wrap up Afyon's wounds.  "Give me any cloth you can, we have to wrap up these wounds or he will die."  ordered Raz to Bane as he watched the life poor out of Afyon.

-----------------------
FL/PO1_Arturus/Nazgul2-1/ISD II Nemesis/VE/VEN/(=a=)(=sa=)(=jcpa=)(=scpa=)
KDRendar
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
May 27, 2002 4:23:01 AM    View the profile of KDRendar 
(This is my first ever post...it says new troopers so I'm gonna take a shot at this. This will prob be pretty bad, so bare with me) -Meanwhile in a transport far away from the battle- KD sat in the transport and slowly gripped his blaster tighter. A fresh new Stormtrooper out of basic and now in the vastly undermanned Drill Squad, KD was about to head into battle. Less than a week ago he was assigned to drill squad where he thought he would be faced with countless drills. Now he was in a transport getting ready to fight in a battle that so far had been a disaster for VEA. A few short minutes ago an officer stood in front of all the troopers and undated everyone on the situation. The first set of VEA on the ground lost over half their men on the first day, and intelligence states that they are currently heading for an ambush which could be a disaster. Therefore, VEA decided to send in reinforcements, Drill Squad included. Sergeant Major Stormie came out of the briefing room and stood in front of Drill Squad. All the squad commanders were called into the briefing room so the officers could give all the details of the upcoming mission, including order of entrance into the battle. KD and the rest of drill squad saluted, and he began to speak. "Men, this is the real deal. I know some of you are fresh out of basic and brand new troopers in VEA, but this isn't a drill, this is a battle. We are going to be near the middle of the reinforcement lines since VEA didn't want a group of new troopers on either flank. Men we are going to be dropped into hostile territory, and we're most likely going to have to fight from the minute we get off this transport. Our mission is simple. We are a training squad to other squads will take care of the main mission of taking out the leaders. We are going to do one thing, kill everyone of those tribesman we can. Listen to my every command, stick by and fight for the men next to you, and we'll make it back alive. You've been trained well, its now time to do our duty." KD and the rest of the PFC's in Drill Squad finally realized mentally that this wasn't a drill, this was the real deal. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- KD could tell it was almost time, "ONE MINUTE!!!!", screamed a man from near the front to confirm his thoughts. The transport hit the group and all the troopers began to run out into the ongoing battle. KD took the safety off his blaster and jumped down onto the surface. Instantly a private next to him screamed and KD looked over to see his right arm gone and body covered in blood. This was as real as it gets. Immediatly drill squad opened fire. For the first few minutes the battle seemed to heavily favor the troopers in that aside from sniper fire, no men were going down. Suddenly, a large deafening yell came from the tribesman lines and they threw up their weapons and began to charge. KD instantly began to fire his blaster at the incoming enemy. It was now obvious that VEA was vastly outnumbered. Still, blaster fire took out many of the charging tribesman, but KD and every other man knew perfectly well it was no use.....
Bear
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  949
Total Posts:  947
May 27, 2002 6:39:03 AM    View the profile of Bear 
Grizzly screamed a war cry, and ran into a mass of tribesmen. They were running past him, towards the newly arrived Drill Squad who were poking their noses in. He smashed his musket butt into the head of a passing tribesman, resulting in a sickening crunch. The man fell, but there were more. Many more. Tribesmen were appearing from nowhere! Grizzly glanced around and saw a mass of them coming out of the mine entrances. They didn't seem to be the soldiers who were almost certainly down there, but miners, armed with pick axes and hammers. There was about 50 of them, outnumbered by Grizzlys women, but still formidable. The fact that most of them were seven or heigh feet high wasn't going to help either. He didn't hesitate. He rose his unloaded musket to the air, and ran, screaming, towards one of the miners. His axe swished above Grizzlys head, but Grizzly was through, and smacked his musket into the groin of the man. He saw the huge man bend forwards, so he brought his musket up and smashed it on his jaw. The miner doubled over and fell, coughing up his blood. It was not a similar scene elsewhere. Grizzly noticed a couple of his women with huge wounds in their heads, evidently made by pick axes. He saw two miners fighting over one women, one holding her head and the other her ankles, both pulling. Grizzly looked around for a Wraith. There were none. Drill Squad was getting massacred - a private was running around screaming, his entire arm missing. The transport was smoking, and the brave recruits could not move because of the sniper fire. They were being mown down. "Crap!" he cursed. "What now?" a woman behind him asked. Grizzly glanced round. He knew there was an entrance to the town just north east of him. At least the walls would provide some cover, and who knows, maybe the Regulars on the other side would be in there by now. "Retreat! Pull back and get into the town!" Most of the people heard him, and were only too happy to oblige. The regulars gave covering fire whilst the women turned and ran, and the Drill Squad recruits started retreating themselves, into the towns west entrance. The tribesmen were reluctant to follow, and simply stood there screaming war cries. Grizzly breathed a sigh of relief as he too fell back towards the town. As he walked in at the head of his batallion, he noticed several tribal women and children looking frightened. Suddenly, Grizzly realised something - Colonel Grizzly was invading! He grinned at the thought. ------- I've made a map and put it at www.geocities.com/cal_f_web/wraithbattle.jpg Hope its alright

-----------------------
        Captain Aaron "Bear" Le'pue, Naval Instructor & VE Today Chief Editor
                                                        ~~~
   INS/CAP Aaron "Bear" Le'pue/Flight School/Training Fleet/ISD II Crusader/VEN/VE
           (=A=) (=SA=) (=FOCE=) (=JCPA=) [BRC] [BRC] [LSM] [LoC] [NDM]

~~~
                                      Bear : [email protected]
                             Vast Empire Today : [email protected]
Yun
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  56
May 27, 2002 1:28:30 PM    View the profile of Yun 
( It has been awhile since I have posted sorry )     Yun heard and saw all the women retreating from the mass of tribesman advancing.  Yuntook a shot and hit one of the men leading teh assault then turned and caught up with the retreating army. The town they were going to looked like one of the tribesmen's capitals.  It was fairly large and had a small rock wall around the perimeter.  The VE know had the advantage with the tribesmen's wives and children in harm;s way.  Yun caught to the center of the pack and set himself along the rock wall as Grizzly went to terrorize the town's inhabitants.  Many of the fresh Drill Squad men had a look of total horror as they saw the incoming men.  Once most of the men were positioned Grizzly gave the order of open fire.  There was a huge wave of fire and a few of the tribesmen fell but not enough.  The tribesmen gave an earsplitting battle cry and charged at the wall.  Yun shot his weapon ath the closest man to him and he fell.  Yun could see all of the drill squads men's faces most were afraid but some had a look of excitment.  The men at the wall backed up until the tribesmen got past the wall.  The blaster had become a usless tool in this sort of environment.  Yun pulled out his two daggers and started slashing.  His first victim was a small tusken who he got in the stomach.  He had just gotten his second kill when he felt a great amount of pressure on his back and dropped.  It had been a man on his back who had been thrown.  When Yun got up he saw another wave of men coming out of the caves.  He knew this was only the beginning of a huge battle.

-----------------------
Whatever floats your boat
Raziel
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

May 29, 2002 4:21:39 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
    “Bane keep Afyon here. I want you to make sure he doesn’t get any worse, I’ve got to get out of here before its too late!” with that Raziel charged off down the corridor that Afyon had unveiled.     He knew that he had to get out to his troops before it was too late, for one he didn’t know what the tribe leaders were going to do. Secondly he had to warn them about the mined caves and tunnels. The passage way had no flooring, only bear soil and rock, suggesting that it led to the caves outside.     Raziel lightly ran down the corridor, he wanted to make as little noise as possible, but keep going. He came to several forks along the way, but always chose the left path. Soon enough however he realised that these caves were also mined. He stopped and looked around, there was no other way to go other than back and down another dark passageway. He crouched down and looked hard at the mine. It had not been put down particularly well. The nearest corner of the rusted, square mine was protruding out from the soil a good inch and the rest of it was just about visible.     Raziel stood up, looked around once more, and then ran on. He bounced this way and that along the corridor, moving at unsafe speeds. His eyes and brain had only fractions of seconds to command his legs to avoid mines. At one point he almost stumbled and fell onto a waiting mine. His left hand shot out and he rolled in mid-air over the mine.     Raziel’s heart beat all the stronger and he raced on. One wrong step and no-one would ever find him down here.     Raziel put his hand across his eyes as he looked out across the battlefield. Hundreds of tribesmen lay scattered about, and more than a few imperial troops. (I come out of the mine shafts north east of the fort)     Ironically the VE troops had retreated to the Tribes fort, the gates had been barred and the regulars, recruits and wraiths were getting together for a last ditch attempt at defence.     Raziel knew it was near suicide but he started off to the west, hoping to get around the eastern force of troops. He climbed up and across the rocky surface, hoping to get a better view of the battle. He spotted something however from his elevated position. A group of maybe ten men, running hell for leather towards the western force. When they reached the tribe’s army, all of them started hustling about. They banded together into around eight separate groups and headed off to the west.     Raziel was actually laughing when he reached the northern entrance to the fort. A recruit led him through the imperial forces to a group of officers talking vigorously.     The recruit actually held himself up quite well. He looked proud and efficient, unlike a lot of the latest wave of troops recruited.     “Name?” Raziel inquired.     “Rendar sir” the trooper replied.     “Thank you, you can get back to your post now, good work.”     Raziel unhurriedly approached the group of officers, it appeared that they were arguing about which way the force that had just disappeared would attack from.     “They won’t be back,” Raziel put in.     “What? Where did you come from?” “How do you know?” “Where in the blazes did you go?” The barrage of questions annoyed Raziel, especially since he had just remembered why he was here.     “Shut up. They are gone, their tribes were being falsely led, their leaders were the ones heading out to them. I can assure you they have no intention at all of coming back.” Raziel stated calmly.     “I need some of your men to try and find a way into the secure building over there. We have wounded in there and the only ways in are through the tower or mineshaft. Send a medic please.” Raziel carried on.     “As for the desert men in the east. I believe you can organise an adequate defence, I doubt they’ll keep at you for long.”     Raziel watched from a high point as the remaining tribesmen screamed wildly and charged. Raziel hoped the resolve of the regulars and trainees would hold, and they wouldn’t get far. He heard the explosion as they broke into the building where Afyon was down. He smiled to himself, soon this would all be over.

-----------------------
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Wraiths and all new troopers  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:18:26 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 122  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >