Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith & RAIDERS: Land of Mild Inconvenience

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wraith & RAIDERS: Land of Mild Inconvenience
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1279
Total Posts:  1849
  RE: Wraith & RAIDERS: Land of Mild Inconvenience
January 18, 2009 3:03:23 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Wincing, Kanderin quickly threw his helmet on to avoid the piercing wind now hitting them. The high levels of pollution had caused freak weather patterns, one of the main problems being the very strong wind that would occasionally take up refuge circling the buildings. The more worrying thought was that the greenputt tournament was originally scheduled for the week before, but was cancelled due to the extreme winds. The wind's they were feeling now were deemed low enough to play in, the high winds were something he really didn't want to think about.

"That reminds me" Zorgn clapped from somewhere behind him. "How the hell is a greenputt tournament inside a stadium going to work anyway? I thought it was a game played over miles of land, not a football pitch"

"Yeah, that puzzled me too" Kanderin nodded back "It's not going to be a full round like it usually it, but more a collection of challenges. Long Drive, closest to the pin and other things, scores are collected and highest aggregate wins"

"That make's a little more sense. It's still a stupid game though"

"I played a few time's, its alright. Difficult though, wouldn't dream of playing in conditions like this"

Zorgn laughed and dropped back to Helena and the rest of RAIDERS, while Kand caught up to Ron and started exchanging times and plans. They were a little bit later arriving than they initially thought, and after deliberation with Helena both squads decided there was little point in going to the hotel, and instead they would head straight to their stationed headquarters.

The crowds were already starting to build up around the streets, large clumps of people pushing amongst themselves on the way to the huge stadium blocking out most of the sun. Many of them wore scarves or large coats with which to block out the air, the one's that didn't seemed to have developed very deep, chesty coughs. A number noticed the two Imperial squads leaving the shipyard and pointed. It had been a secret up until the day of the tournament that imperial Unit's would be helping security, meaning the impact of their arrival was powerful. Even those several hundred yards away from the squad were visibly intimidated by their presence, their huge bulking armor taking up nearly twice the room a civilian did. It was nothing new to many of them though, Kanderin had been on countless missions and intimidation was something quite common to them. He still enjoyed it though.

It was about a half hour walk to the headquarters, which was spent mostly in silence. They walked unhindered by the crowds that were more than happy to move to the side out of the squad's way. The first few time's it happened Kanderin nodded thanks, but the frightened looks on the recipients face made him soon decide it was doing more harm than good.

The large black building they were to use as their base was hidden away down the backstreet's of a housing estate just short of the stadium. It was a small structure, one that none of them would of paid any attention to if they weren't looking for it. There was no sign on the door and the windows had been boarded up, the local authorities keen to hide it's true identity from any passers-by. Especially with their bitter enemy walking around the city, they didn't want them anywhere near their city plans or patrol route maps.

Kanderin pushed the door open but didn't step inside, instead deciding to wait until his eyes adjusted to the change in light enough for him to see. There was one table at the back of the room littered with plans, a man sat shiftting through them, a large brown pipe burning in his free hand. He glanced up with one towards the group, and merely grunted a greeting.

"Garm?" Kanderin asked, and the man simply nodded.

"Pleasure to meet you" He held out his hand and the man simply thrusted a pile of papers into it, without even looking up from the desk. He quickly scanned the pages, flicking the corners through his palm. They were the designs of the stadium detailing their entrance points .

"Do you have any points you specifically want us to monitor?"

"Not really, just do whatever the hell you want" The man responded, dumping the contents of his pipe into the bin by his side but still not looking up.

"Eh, alright. RAIDERS, you want inside the stadium or out?"

Helena glanced back at her squad, then looked back at Kand. "We'll take the inside, you guys can stay out in the cold" She grinned.

"Smart move missy" The man responded.

"Oh you answer her properly then do you?" Kand spun around, annoyed.

"I like her more than you" He shrugged

"And why's that?"

"I don't think I can answer that in polite conversation"

Both squads left without another word.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  670
Total Posts:  823
January 18, 2009 4:26:28 PM    View the profile of RK 
Conditions like these always brought out the worst in people, and RK was starting to feel it's affects. Ever sine they had stepped foot on this planet he knew he was going to hate this trip, and his thoughts hadn't changed anymore when he found out they were going back outside. Man, did I pick the wrong mission to return for.

“Alright men, make sure your suit's are pressurized to keep out most of the cold, and every thing's working properly. I don't want anyone losing limbs to frost bite, understood?” Kand said, a grin plastered on his face.

RK was already way ahead of Kand's orders. His helmet was already perched atop his head, followed by a hissing sound, which was probably the only comforting sound that he had heard in a long time. After the helmet was sealed he made sure that the heating unit was working properly and that there were no leaks, luckily nothing showed up, but RK knew from experience to never trust technology. 

“Everyone ready?” Ron's, wraith's new ASL, filled RK's helmet; followed by eight green dots that blinked on his HUD, indicating that all of wraiths were alive and in agreement.

-_-_-_-

In only, what seemed like, three seconds every single wraith was standing outside in the tortures of nature. The wind seemed to slow down some, but still it bit at everyone like a rabid gurrcat who hadn't eaten in months. Luckily, RK's suit was beginning to adjust the heat inside itself, even if it wasn't burning, it helped. Still it was good to have some cold weather, it kept you alert.

“Man, what I wouldn't do for a hot cup of water.” Anival said, his voice wasn't even close to sarcastic.

“Stop complaining, Anival...or I'll give you...” RK stopped himself, realizing that he was going to say something that he regretted later on. What's the matter with you lately? He wasn't sure, but ever since he had gotten back from leave he had gotten a short fuse. So until he figured it out he was going to have to keep his mouth shut.

OOC:
just a short post to get us outside, and so I can get back into the swing of things from my leave and long drought of writing.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

"Those who understand power, are those that are the most easily corrupt by that power." - RK

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  184
Total Posts:  1075
January 18, 2009 5:24:48 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival heard shouts and thuds and turned in that direction, he looked and saw it wasn’t any wraiths so he ignored it and kept walking. He had learned that if it didn’t concern him to stay out, or it would involve him. He boarded the ship, he didn’t think anything of the increase in luxury, but instead found a seat an sat down, he checked his bags, everything was there.

The ship took off, with a rattling, Anival was sure they were going to lose a important part of the ship. Anival was glad when they didn’t, and pretty soon the ship had stopped rattling and started a steady flight. Anival fell asleep, he was awakened by what he thought was a rancor pounding the hull of the ship.
He realized they had just landed. Anival stood and followed the rest of the squads. He walked outside and took of his helmet, he welcomed the air, and the extra gravity, it reminded him of home, the gravity wasn’t as strong as it was at home but it had the same effect none the less.

When stopped enjoying the environment he saw Ron, Kand, and Helena talking to a figure.
Anival was pretty sure they were negotiating a docking fee. That’s when Anival noticed the armed figures guarding the exit.  Suddenly, Helena waved them over, and they all followed going outside, Anival glanced at an armed figure, he gave him a smile.

After being exposed to the wind for a while Anival felt his face go numb, he looked at his helmet and decided to put it back on, rather than risk getting frostbite.. He walked with the rest of the squad. He noticed that there was little conversation among the RAIDERS, the  Wraiths were different, the walked as if this was nothing. Anival knew better, he knew that the Wraiths were just putting on face. They were like a calm before a storm. Anival had seen this so many times, before a battle, or even before a mission.

He knew that the simplest of tasks, could become a heated battle for their lives, and sometimes, not everyone made it. Anival shivered, remembering one of his most strenuous missions. They walked in silence, till they reached the stadium. Anival overheard bits of conversation coming from the front. It appeared that they were debating over who was going to patrol where. Anival hoped they would get to patrol inside. When RAIDERS started to go inside Anival let out a sigh.

Anival started getting cold, and decided to start conversation. “Man, what I wouldn’t do for a little hot water.” he said to RK.  RK turned to him and his voice came from the helmet, “stop complaining Anival or…I will….” he cut himself off. Anival felt the strong urge to snap back. Anival saluted and said “yes, sir.”
Once again RK’s helmet turned around, he have expected RK to lunge at him, RK saluted right back, and said “at ease”. They both broke out in laughter. Two passerby’s gave them strange looks. “What” said RK “never seen a couple of troopers laugh?” The passerby’s still stared at them, Anival and RK simultaneously rose their weapons, the passerby’s went white and scuttled away. When they were out of sight they laughed again.

Anival reached into his pack, and took out a bottle of Talrisain ale, he took off his helmet and took a  swig and offered it to RK, he did the same, and returned the bottle. Anival could feel, the drink beginning to work, he was beginning to feel warm. He closed the bottle and put it away. Anival started telling RK of his days in the Yosefin Army.  He told him how he had ended up in the Imperial army after his disappearance from his home world, and his recovery, and everything else. Next thing he knew the bottle was empty in his hand.
Strangely Anival didn’t feel drunk, in fact he felt more alert, the hairs on his neck standing up. He stood in silence for a while. Then made some friendly chatter with Ron, through his helmet, his heart not entirely in it.
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1831
Total Posts:  1920
January 19, 2009 5:12:19 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The RAIDERS walked single file up to the stadium's gates and stopped while Helena began to argue with the droid manning the ticket booth. It looked down at the squad from its position behind the transparisteel window and gave what sounded suspiciously like an electronic sniff.

"Do you wish to purchase a ticket?" it asked, its vocabulator doing a passable impression of disdain. Idly, Dante eyed the droid's joints, wondering which bit to shoot for maximum effect. "The tournament is in two standard hours."

"Open the gate please." Helena replied, her voice turned into a sinister rasp by her helmet filters. The droid showed no visible reaction to her request, although the RAIDERS appearance alone had to be setting off most ,if not all, of its threat avoidance circuits. Instead, it flashed its photo-receptors on and off in an imitation of a surprised blink and leaned towards the booth's window.

"I am sorry. To gain admittance, all non-employees must purchase a ticket. You may buy tickets here from me or the half dozen other booth droids, using Dendros Planetary Stadium's Comlink channel, or by using our HoloNet site. Otherwise, you are not to be permitted to enter."

Helena sighed, her hands clenching and unclenching, then tried again.

"Look here, droid, we're acting as security personnel for Dendros Planetary Statium's owners. We have their permission to enter. We're not spectators, or fans, or members of the general public. For the last time, may we enter?"

The droids eye lights flickered for a second as it analyzed Helena's argument, then remained on as it shook its round metal head.

"I am sorry. Non-employees are not to be permitted to enter without first purchasing a ticket to an event or a season pass. You may purchase a ticket or pass from me or..."

As the droid reactivated its preprogramed apology, Dante walked up to his Squad Leader and tapped her on the arm. Helena looked at him, startled.

"Ma'am, may I try?" Dante whispered. Helena shrugged.

"Droid," Dante barked, and saw it turn to face him. Grinning under the helmet, the trooper strode towards the glass until he was less than an inch away from the droid. "Let us through."

"I am sorry, but all non-employees must..."

Dante raised an armoured fist and rapped on the transparisteel with his right hand, leaving a hair-thin crack in its surface. The droid stopped.

"Droid, we are supposed to be inside. You will let us through, or I will use this ion blaster,"

Here Dante raised his DC-17m to firing height and deactivated the safety.

"to shoot you. I will then deactivate the controls and we'll enter anyway."

Dante stopped, and waited for the droid's response. It wasn't what he'd expected.

"I am sorry, but all non-employees must..."

Dante surprised even himself with the string of profanity that erupted from his lips.
TRP/PSGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons * .:<<<
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns."

Click here!
Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  206
January 20, 2009 9:14:12 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
"Dammit, Dante." Anden "Gaz" Bacardi un-holstered his pistol, the large silencer blended in with Bacardi's gear. He gradually grabbed Dante Asana's wrist and pushed it down, the pistol dropped to the ground. He pushed the Platoon Sergeant back, motioning for Frank "Virius" Carter to keep a watch on Asana Bacardi turned back to the droid. Moving his hand into his coat pocket, Bacardi pulled out his wallet, he slowly removed his ImperiCard. He slowly slid it into the droid... it then spoke.

"Enjoy the game. Greenput tournaments is proud to offer you service to such events. Have a nice day." The droid printed out nine tickes. Bacardi handed them out to everyone and they all began to walk in. Pulling up the rear, Bacardi holstered his pistol and patted the sniper rifle that was slung over his right shoulder. Bacardi commed Helena and began to go over a few situations in his mind, he knew that Helena was probably getting static, he then spoke.

"Ma'am, do you have orders?" Bacardi pressed his finger deeper into his ear to make sure he heard Helena over the chilling wind. Helena then commed back informing him that they were going to split into two teams and patrol the area. "Got it, I'll take Drilly Carter and Platoon Sergeant Asana, you got any others to toss my way?"

"No, Corporal, dismissed." Bacardi commed for Platoon Sergeant Asana and Senior Sergeant Carter. They both began to follow them, they, wearing their Katarn armor, flanked Bacardi. While Bacardi standing at five ten, they both stood well above six feet- they both also held blaster rifles. While Bacardi was wearing light, bulletproof armor, he had never really liked the Katarn armor, that is also why he got out of it every single chance he got.

They walked around for a little while until they found the place were they were meant to patrol. They all began to move up a small, utility stairwell that lead to an overlook above the entrance. Dante and Frank Carter both took flanking positions on the left, while Bacardi stood on the right, peering through his scope. He then pressed his hand to his ear: "Bacardi to Squad Leader, we have entered our location and are waiting for the crowds to sim so we can move back to you guys."

"Got it, Corporal, keep me in the loop." The squad leader cut the com, and Bacardi turned back to his scope.
ASL/CPL Andar Bacardi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [EW1][SRP][BM][RoM][ES2]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1303
January 21, 2009 7:36:33 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
OOC:
Let's get this show on the road, finally.

Kanderin watched the fireworks light up the rapidly darkening sky, transforming the dull red into a mixture of purple's, gold's and green's. It was the opening ceremony for the tournament, and for a while he thought he wasn't going to make it. The cold was sharp even through their heavily armored suits, every latecomer sprinting past them staring in disbelief at the squads sheer audacity to just stand around.

"Think we should get moving?" Ron called through the comlink.

"Yeah, might as well. If you take RK, and Anival around to the side entrances and get status reports from the guards there, I'll take the rest and hole up at the main gate"

"Is there heaters at the main gate?"  Lukas shivered, standing a little close to Kanderin.

"Yeah..I think so"

After batting him away, Kanderin shook Ron's hand and took his half of the squad out of the city alleys and onto the main plaza, upon which the fireworks were even more impressive. The sound was perfectly audible now, large booming explosions doing their best to rattle the entire stadium and it's neighbouring streets. To either side of the plaza families could be seen either stood in their doorways or leaning out of their windows admiring the spectacle. The tournament was truly a great thing for relations between the two planets, if it went without a hitch the people on either side could actually relax their guards. Both planets communities had been blending for well over six hours now, and the security forces had yet to report even a single incident, not even the smallest shouting match. Things were peaceful and exciting at the same time, and that was more than enough of a reason for people in nothing more than nightgowns to take to the streets.

The squad watched the show until it's climax,,the last of the fireworks dropping out of view, before proceeding across the plaza to the row of entrance booths into the stadium. Through it the pitch was just visible, a vibrant green that was somehow managing to survive despite the horrible conditions. There was a man shouting through an intercom, his voice just about audible from where the Wraith's were stood. He as introducing the players, the shouts from the crowd growing or receding depending on the popularity of the individual. One thing that was particularly noticeable however, was the lack of a single boo. Not one.

"So, where are we settling?" Joamer shook Kanderin's shoulder and threw him out of the trance.

"Just take up spots next to each of the entrance droids, make sure no one is causing trouble" He replied, pointing out every other terminal.

"Not likely tonight, you must have felt the atmosphere" Haldaz chimed in.

"I know, but we have to get at least some work done tonight"

Marching over to the middle terminal, Kanderin removed his helmet and nodded at the droid staring at him.

"Mind if we stand here? We're security for the complex"

"Not at all sir" The droid shook his head frantically "In fact I'd like it very much, a group of people came through here earlier that were incredibly rude, and one pointed a gun at me!"

Kanderin glanced at the droid with one eye while leaning up against his booth.

"Their leader wasn't a woman by any chance was it? And did the man pointing the gun at you appear incredibly aggressive?"

"Why yes they did actually! You must have dealt with them before!"

Kanderin laughed. "I suppose you could say that, yeah"

There were less and less people now filing into the plaza and through the gates, and very soon they would be shut. Greenputt was a game that required a large amount of concentration, and the players had requested the doors be shut when they began to play. They had however apparently forgotten they were playing in a large scale stadium, where silence was a very, very rare thing.

As the last four or five names on the commentators list were being read out, the droid in Kanderin's booth and the one by Joamer jumped out and moved to the gates to shut them. They only just managed to place the lock down on them before the fireworks started again and they were sent reeling away from the noise.

The first blast shook the entire stadium and pushed a huge section of the wall to Kanderin's right into the complex. The second struck the booth two down from him, catapulting him into the air and tossing him into the opposite wall. He just saw the third strike the middle of the field through the gates before he blacked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kand! Wake up!"

For a while he couldn't see anything, but he slowly managed to force his eyes open just enough to see Ron standing over him, shaking his shoulder.

"Thank god, thought you were a goner! We need to move, right now"

His eyes still weren't fully open and Ron was already dragging him to his feet. He saw his ASL's blurry image disappear off back towards the plaza, and instinctively he ran after him. There was now thousands of people screaming wildly and pushing their way past and over each other, Kanderin was only able to get through himself by pushing back. Another strike struck somewhere behind him, but he didn't look back. His head was pretty much back together by now, he remembered where he was and what had just happened. The peace emnating from the stadium was all but gone, huge fires and alarms taking it's place. Pushing past another group of people, Kand toppled out of the mass of bodies and into the side road Ron had went down.

"Where's the rest of the squad" he gasped, pushing himself back up.

"They're all okay, waiting for us back at the base. Everyone reported but you, so I came out searching"

"Thanks" Kanderin sighed, before realising they weren't alone. "What about RAIDERS?"

"There's the problem" Ron grimaced. "We've been trying for the past half an hour, we haven't heard a thing from any of them"

"You're joking, right?"

He shook his head. "I wish I was"

"Then we go in and find them, we have no choice!"

Kanderin pushed himself to his feet and ran past Ron back towards the base, where he would gather Wraith and start the search.

"We cant go in there Kand, it's madness!" Ron shouted, chasing after him "They're still hitting it with shells!"
Wraith Squad Leader
PA-SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP][CCA]
~Phantom~
Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

Post Number:  432
Total Posts:  504
January 21, 2009 3:32:12 PM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Lukas awaited for the return of Ron and Kanderin while he checked his weapons and gear over. His sniper rifle lay on a table out infront of him with some clips of ammo, as well as the Hieb & Stich knifes as well. The Mynock silent pistols were on his armor, one at his side and the other down on his leg, already loaded and had a round in the chamber. Lukas thought about what had just happened at the stadium but really wasn't suprised at all because shit happened like this happened all the time and besides...he was used to it.

The rest of the squad paced around the headquarters waiting for the arrival on there Assistant Squad Leader and Squad Leader, hoping they were ok and all in one peace. Lukas looked over at the inexperienced battle buddies and kind of grinned to himself. He walked over to them and said quietly, "There going to be alright...you need to learn how to have confidence in your leadership." The rest of the squad looked over at him and nodded in agreement to his statement, sitting down they relaxed a bit.

His many years of battle, blood, and wits had kept him calm and collective. Lukas grabbed his gear, strapped it on and loaded up his rifle, making sure there was a round already in the chamber so he wouldn't have to do it in battle. The Raiders were in the other room with Wraith squad, Lukas decided to go check up on Helena and see how she was doing with them.

He greeted Helena with a nod and began to talk to her.

"Hope your not worried about Kanderin, I'm sure you already know this but he can take care of himself...", he grinned a bit.

"Oh yes I already knew that and I'm not worried at all", she retorted.

"I'm glad for that, I hope your squad is ready to do battle because there is one hell of a chaotic situation out there but I'm sure your skills will not waiver in the face of danger", Lukas laughed a bit.

Helena gave Lukas a smile and nodded, he then left her so she could gather up her squad and give them a few directives. Lukas decided to go into the other room with Wraith and await arrival of his leadership. He couldn't wait to see the face of battle again because he hungered for it.
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Trooper
ID Line: AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
-=Wraith Squad=-
Ron
ComNet Cadet

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  229
Total Posts:  1218
January 21, 2009 4:10:44 PM    View the profile of Ron 
Explosions all around them met with the loud and agonizing cry of the wounded all about them.  Kanderin fled throughout the complex, his eyes racing to find RAIDERS at any cost with Ron hard on his heels.

"Kanderin!"  Ron yelled.  Above him a steel beam squealed as it bent against its will, crashing downwards where Ron was standing.  Ron hurled himself foward, managing to get most of his body out from the wreckage, leaving only his leg caught.

"Kand!  For God's sake!" Ron yelled again.  His leg was caught in the small space between the floor and the steel frame where the angle in the "T" shaped metal allowed.  Ron tried to pull himself free, but to no avail.  He yelled for Kand again- no answer.  Finally he saw Kanderin push himself through the crowd towards Ron.

"Ron!  What the hell..." Kanderin uttered a few more words of the same kind before reaching down and pulling Ron in an attempt to set him free.  The work was slow, but after a few minutes Ron's leg was pulled out of the wreckage.  Kand inspected the bloody appendage carefully, turning it about and looking it over on all sides before assuring Ron that he would not lose the leg.  Ron winced in pain as Kanderin eased his leg onto the ground; and winced again as he stood on it.  Miraculously enough, the leg was struck in such a way that the bone stayed in tact. 

"How's it feel?" Kanderin said.  He had to yell to be heard over the fray, but Ron knew he was calm.

"It's bleeding like hell." Ron groaned.  "And it's sore."  He shrugged his shoulders and hopped about a little until he felt the circulation return.  "But I'll live."

"Good." Kand said.  He ducked again as another explosion sent fragments flying in their direction.  Picking up his blaster rifle, Kanderin fired into what seemed to be a likely spot as the source of the firing.  To his satisfaction, the shells subsided somewhat; allowing them time to think over the situation.

"They're not here." Ron said. 

Kanderin shook his head and plugged forward, refusing to believe that he could do nothing more for the RAIDERS squad. 

"Ron... we left them in there, I left them in there..."  Kanderin shook his head again.  "I can't leave them in there, I just..."

A spray of rock knocked them both off their feet, sending a ringing noise to both their ears.

"If they were here," Ron yelled, "We would have seen them by now... they would have found us..."

Another explosion, another sea of concrete and metal flung in every direction.  This was madness, pure madness.  Ron pulled out his OmniNode set and roared into the miq.

"Ron to Wraith!  Has RAIDERS returned to HQ???  Ron to Wraith, can anyone read me??"

A short buzz followed, Ron could hear RK reply,

"Wraith reporting!  No report from RAIDERS still!  Are you alright?  Is Kand..."

A shattering explosion sent both Ron and Kanderin on the ground, before Ron yelled back to Kand,

"RAIDERS are still inside!"  You were right!  We've got to get them out of here! We've...

Kanderin rushed closer so that he could hear over the din.

"RAIDERS... still... inside..."  Ron screamed.  Ron screamed no more.  A blinding flash sent them both wheeling off in opposite directions... blinding Ron for minutes.  When his sight and hearing returned, several suited men appeared in the mist of the flash and smoke grenades they were throwing.  Ron rushed and hid himself behind a concrete pillar along the wall.  He peeked around the corner, only to confirm the fact that there were six... no, seven of the lightly armored men; all of them striding towards the wreckage where Ron was hidden. 

Ron pulled out his Heavy blaster pistol from his belt- his E-11 had ran out of ammo hours ago.  Holding the pistol close to his head, he peeked around the corner one more time to see if he could get a glimpse of Kanderin.  A blaster bolt stopped his view and left a burnt mark on the corner of the pillar.  Ron waited another minute before he jumped clear of the pillar and fired a heavy salvo into the thickest part of the group.  He was yelling himself hoarse; cursing everything and just about everyone he knew as he threw himself away from them.  But Ron was still alive, the strange men were still coming; and he thought he saw Kanderin behind them, before Ron landed with a thud behind yet another pile of wreckage.
Sobaccus Ron
Assistant Squad Leader; Wraith
ASL/CPL Ron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[WM][CCA]

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited January 21, 2009 4:45:30 PM)]
Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  141
January 21, 2009 5:13:28 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
Corporal Bacardi stood watch Platoon Sergeant Dante Asana and Senior Sergeant Frank Carter. The mortar fire had knocked both of them out and left Bacardi (who had barely an armor on his face) with a 2 inch gash going down the left side of his face. Bacardi’s sniper rifle was laying over by his original observation spot, the scope stuck under a fallen pillar. So- Bacardi was stuck with a broken radio, his silenced modified IvP-18 Tropov Machine Pistol, a StA-LAR (modified) that he had found off of the two, and a few grenades Bacardi had snatched off of Dante’s gear.

Bacardi suddenly heard the sound of men talking, and then echoing footsteps over the sound of a fire (from the mortars). Bacardi dropped the StA-LAR and pulled out his silenced IvP-18 Tropov Machine Pistol. The two men entered the former observing area, now a strewn mess of broken pillars and glass. “Look what we ‘ave here, mate.” One of the men said, Bacardi caught a glimpse of him- six feet or so, and a blaster rifle. The other man came into visions suddenly as well. The man that had spoken earlier walked over to Dante and began patting him around, trying to get a solid area to check his pulse.

“Katarn Armor, frakking Vast Empire feds- never will leave their men to die without the help of armor.” The other man spoke. What he had said made absolutely no sense. He then moved over to Frank “Virius” Carter’s body and began to pat around. Suddenly, Carter moved- the man that had spoken first raised his rifle, Bacardi jumped out first. One shot rang out from Bacardi’s silencer and nailed him. The men clutched his chest slowly as he fell to the ground. The other turned and Bacardi put two more solid shots into him.

The man that he had shot first twitched and moaned, Bacardi shot him one more time, suddenly the other man’s radio began to spatter. “Gregors and Jonez come in, Gregor and Jonez, you there? Faller and Liam, check on their last known position.” Bacardi cursed, he reached over and pulled Frank Carter up, he looked around in his helmet and Bacardi took the helmet off. He was relieved to see that Carter’s eyes were open, but they were dilated, probably a minor concussion. He looked around inside the helmet and clicked the com, he pulled it out and looked at the radio that the dead man had had. He clipped the com unit into that radio and began to speak:

“Bacardi to-” Suddenly blaster fire rang out. Bacardi ducked and jumped for his original hiding spot. Frank “Virius” Carter screamed as one of the blaster shots dissolved a part of his armor and hit the skin. Bacardi grabbed the modified StA-LAR and turned the corner, raising the weapon as he did so. Two shots came towards him, blaster and probably stun. They knocked Bacardi off of his feet and the wind was knocked out of him. Both of them, supposedly ‘Faller’ and ‘Liam’ came over to Bacardi and Carter. One of them kicked Carter and the other punched Bacardi in the gut.

Two blaster pistol shots rang out, both of the men fell to the ground. Dante’s armor clanked as he got up, one of the bodies moved and lunged for his gun and Dante shot him with his pistol. Bacardi got up and thanked Dante, all three of them moved forward towards the place the four of the bodies had come from.
StarFruit
ComNet n00b

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  799
January 22, 2009 2:20:53 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
That retarded fight between her and Dante, the flight here, her initial fear of the mission ahead. All of that was now gone as she laid there, staring up at the now crumbling ceiling, emerald eyes as stoic as one’s eyes could ever be. Yeah, she had been thrown off of her feet by the first shell, and fell to the floor along with bits of rubble, but now, she was conscious, looking up and trying to go through a best plan of action. Her comlink crackled with static. Her right thigh hurt pretty bad, the armor around the area was scuffed and slightly cracked from a bit of rubble that had fallen on it (she had pushed that off a few minutes before). A soft groan rolled over her lips as she turned her head to look at her right arm, the cybernetic one. Flexing her fingers and her wrist, she smiled. She was fine. Of course she would be fine. With the amount of adrenaline rushing through her veins right now, it felt as though nothing could stop her.

And so with this confidence in herself, she stood, groaning as she did so, and straitened her helmet out  a bit. She rolled her shoulder forward, loving the sound the pieces of armor made as she moved. A smirk played across her pale pink lips as she looked around, seeing small pillars of smoke rising from bits of rubble. It took a few minutes for her to calculate just where she was. Raiders had taken the inside of the stadium, that she knew. She also knew that she had been positioned not too far away from Dante, and a couple of other guys.

A sigh, and she looked around some more. Rubble surrounded her. This would be the perfect time to use her FreeRunner skills. And she would, she needed to find the others. Even if it was to be Dante she was trying to find. Oh well. It was some one.

Private Jaenna Caldwin grunted as she took off at a brisk run, aiming for a broken wall of rubble that had a corner in it. A jump and she planted her right foot on one side of the wall, she pushed off and planted her left foot on the opposite side of the corner, and pushed off on that, then grabbed onto the top edge of the wall with her hands, and pulled herself up with ease. She stood on the wall, and looked around, making more calculations.

Something moved off to the left of her.

Turning, she crouched and drew her E-11 blaster from its holster and took aim. It was a man, carrying a pistol to his side, a comlink on his head. He was saying something. Jaenna strained her ears to listen in.

“It looks like we hit this place pretty good, Boss.” The man said.
That did it for Jaenna. That’s all she needed. Placing her blaster back in its holster, she took off at a crouching run, luckily the man’s back was facing her. Once she reached the edge of the wall piece, she jumped, landed, bent her knees and rolled over her shoulder. As she came out of the roll, she threw her right fist into the back of the man’s knee, sending him off balance. The man turned as he began to fall and aimed his pistol at her as he caught himself with his free hand on another piece of rubble.

“What the hel-“ The man didn’t have time to finish, for Jae stood, and used a blocking motion to knock the pistol out of his hand. She picked up her left leg and gave him a swift side kick to the diaphragm. With a grunt, he fell to his back. He looked to his right and grabbed his fallen pistol, but right as he had taken aim at Jae’s head, her own blaster let loose a bolt into his head.

She stood there, staring down at the body. She grimaced and kicked it a bit, then looked up and around once more. With a sigh, she crouched behind a bit of rubble and took a breath. She needed to try and contact someone through her damaged comlink.

“Jaenna to Raiders. Come in. Raiders, come in.” There was only static, then, a voice came through.

“Hey, rookie. Nice to see you’re still alive. Got nay kills yet?” It was Dante.

She scoffed. He’ll have to do. “Yeah. One. Where are you?” She asked him, looking around from behind her piece of rubble.

“Inside the stadium. Duh. I’m with Carter. Bacardi was with us, too, but he got separated after going off to search for survivors. What’s your position, rookie?”

“Right in front of you.” Jae said as she stood and saw the three troopers in front of her. Her E-11 in her hands, and her posture showing self-confidence.  She was going to prove herself to deserve a name other than ‘rookie’ from this guy. She needed to.
Private Jaenna
Raiders Squad
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/COM/BAT/RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

"You can catch up with yourself if you run."
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited January 22, 2009 2:24:22 PM)]
Grahim
ComNet n00b

Grahim

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  284
January 22, 2009 3:07:20 PM    View the profile of Grahim 
Grahim stood and talked with Karash when he heard some noise.

“Did yousa hear that dat?” Grahim asked Karash

Karash didn’t have a chance to answer before two armoured guys started to shoot at them. Grahim ran for cover with Karash behind him.

“Mesa going to draw deysas attention so yousa can shoot them-sa, do yousa think yousa can do that?” Grahim asked.

“Of course I can take them down if you draw the fire on you” Karash answered.

“Disa has to work” Grahim mumbled before he went out in front of the two men shooting wildly with his E-11. By mistake he shot one of the guys in the stomach which make him pass out. Karash shot the other guy in the head with a precision shot. When Grahim was going to Karash to say thanks he fell over the unconscious guy.

“I knew you gungans where clumsy” Karash laughed.

“Yousa hisen isn’t much better” Grahim answered a bit morose,

Grahim and Karash took the unconscious man and started to go back to the headquarters. When they had walked for a while they heard the mans radio crackle. Karash goes and take the radio.

“Raiders and Wraith come in!” Karash says in the radio.

“Jaenna here” the radio crackles.

“Jaenna, Karash here. Grahim and I have taken a prisoner and we are taking him to the headquarters for questioning.” Karash says.

“Okay I, Dante and Carter is still in the stadium.” Jaenna says over the radio.

“Karash out” Karash says.

Grahim and Karash were once again on the way to the headquarters
TRP/PVT Grahim/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Grahim (edited January 22, 2009 3:19:17 PM)]
Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  145
January 22, 2009 3:55:38 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
Andar “Gaz” Bacardi raised his modified StA-LAR rifle, two of the attackers hit the ground with the combined fire of Gaz, Carter, and Asana. They all trotted across a broken part of the stadium chairs, the former sturdy stands were now creaking under the three men’s weight. As Gaz took the first step onto a broken flier, his leg fell through the stands. He screamed as he hit the ground ten feet below, Dante and Carter yelled at him.

“You ok, sir?” Carter screamed, shining the light of his assault rifle onto him. Gaz looked up, his knees were scraped, back bruised, and hands shaven of their skin- but he was alive. He opened his mouth and felt a searing pain in his ribs. Dante looked down as well, both of them began to think of ways to get him back up to were they currently were.

“Fine, here... do you guys have a rope?” Bacardi asked, he already knew that they didn’t and wouldn’t have a rope. Suddenly, machine gun fire seared over Carter and Asana’s head. They both took cover, but out of the blue, a rocket fired from the other side of the fields. Dante and Carter flew back to were they came from and Bacardi got up quickly. The giant bleachers on top of him collapsed and Gaz ran towards the nearest exit... or what was left of it. Bacardi took cover as a splinter nailed him in the back, yelling in protest as it dug farther into Bacardi’s back.

His StA-LAR was clipped around his back, he was currently holding his pistol, and worst of all- he was trapped. He quickly observed his options, he could run back out and jump down towards the bleachers were the enemies were probably patrolling, or, he could take his chances and follow down these halls in hope of finding the exit. He still held the enemy radio, though.

“...” The radio blew static. “...” More and more static, “... Granger and Luttenin, you take the other seven and search these hallways- that has to be were they are hiding. If that rocket didn’t finish hem off, then we will.” The supposed leader that he had earlier just signed Bacardi’s death warrant. But he wouldn’t let that happen, he began to run down the halls- his blood dripping as he walked down.

As he turned the corner, one of the enemy mercenaries with red hair and freckles turned around raised his weapon. Bacardi shot once- the silenced bullet nailed the red haired man in the chest, he dropped his gun as he threw another shot into him. This shot was a through-and-through and it nailed the chest behind him. He ran down the hallway, stepping over the man’s body as he did so. The sound of the radio buzzed on his belt, they had obviously heard of this man’s death.

Bacardi jumped out into the wide open air, he was at the destroyed emergency exit. Two dead guards from the stadium sat on the floor. While the exit was covered by massive piles of rubble- only one solution. Bacardi jumped onto the rubble and began to dig, nails, staples, wood, and everything else could be felt as Bacardi hovered his hand over the rubble. He eventually was able to make a sizeable hole, then his radio buzzed on again.

“Only one last place, exit three. Converge on the location now, trap him in.” Bacardi froze, the hole was almost big enough. He couldn’t be caught- there was only one solution. He un-clipped a thermal detonator off of his belt and threw it in the hallway. The hallway came down quickly, and they had almost no way in... he had no way out, besides this hole. Digging quicker in the hole, the hole became bigger in the next minute. He was able to crawl out and he was out in the wide open, in front of him were two troopers dressed in Katarn armor.

“Good to see you, Asana, same for you, Carter.” They both nodded.
Karash
ComNet Novice

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  39
Total Posts:  425
January 22, 2009 3:59:43 PM    View the profile of Karash 
Karash stood amongst the hoards of people that were in the stadium, all of them roaring about what they were watching. Karash then noticed his fellow Raider, the Gungan Grahim, Karash went over to ask him if he was OK.

“Everything alright?” enquired Karash.

“Mesa isn fine, no problemos here,” Grahim replied.

Karash was still getting used to the way the Gungan spoke as it took a bit of deciphering at first, but Karash was trying not to be as rude as some of the other members of the squad. They stood and spoke for a while observing the stadium, it was then that there was an almighty explosion all around them; the stadium itself began to fall apart. This caused the crowds to panic and flee in every direction, the hoards of people lost all control, Karash and Grahim did not have time to do anything however due to the fact that a large bit of the stadium was about to crush them.

“Move!” Karash shouted.

He and the Gungan jumped behind cover, as they peered around the debris they noticed two armed men coming towards them. This was it the Gungan was about to see his first bit of action and Karash only hoped that he did not mess it up.

“Mesa going to draw deysas attention so yousa can shoot them-sa, do yousa thinks yousa can do that?” Grahim asked.

Karash agreed and the Gungan jumped out and started shooting randomly at the two men, they were slightly stunned but were about to return fire when one got hit by Grahim’s shot. Karash took the opportunity, the other man now looking at his fallen partner, aimed and shot the man in the head. Grahim walked over to the attackers and examined the area.

“Hisa is dead but thisn one is still alive,” said the Gungan looking rather pleased with himself.

Karash felt proud that Grahim didn’t mess it up and actually did quite a good job of it, even if he did just fall over a dead body.

“I knew you Gungans where clumsy” Karash laughed.

“Yousa hisen isn’t much better” Grahim answered a bit morose.

They took the unconscious man and began to drag him back to the HQ; Karash was trying to get in contact with anyone, at the same time he noticed the sheer devastation of the stadium and people lying crushed underneath blocks of rubble.

“Raiders and Wraith come in!” Karash said

“Jaenna here” the radio crackles.

“Jaenna, Karash here. Grahim and I have taken a prisoner and we are taking him to the headquarters for questioning.” Karash says.

“Okay me, Dante and Carter are still in the stadium.” Jaenna says over the radio.

“Karash out” Karash says.

Karash and Grahim continued to weave through the limp, lifeless bodies hoping that the outside did reflect what had happened in here.
Private Karash
Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PVT_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2]

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite"- Winston Churchill
Zorgn
ComNet Novice

Zorgn

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  68
Total Posts:  70
January 22, 2009 6:26:07 PM    View the profile of Zorgn 
The attack had been sudden and devastating. Some kind of artillery salvo slammed into slammed into the stadium, sending people and debris flying in a flaming wave across the green. Seconds later, the dome was hit and everything went black under the crushing shadow of tons of rock and metal.

-  -  -

Zorgn regained consciousness in darkness, wedged between a massive metal beam, spiking from the ceiling at an angle into the floor in front and storage crates behind. He flicked on low-light vision mode and slammed the crates away from him before taking full stock. What passed for the ceiling was really the remains of the stadium's dome, probably fallen through the floor, taking him with it, and all held up by pushing against the metal beam.

He reflected that he'd been lucky not to be crushed beneath the rubble, but had been separated from the rest of the squad instead, a fair enough trade. He'd fight another day. As he searched the room, it turned out that fortune had smiled on him in leaving the bag of grenades unharmed, his E-11 in reasonable order, and his armor in good condition aside from a tightness of breathing space he figured had something to do with the fall. The light would tell more when he escaped.

He grabbed the bag in his left hand and drew his E-11 with his right. He had to figure out what basement he was in and make his way to the surface, get orders...

Could just call them.

He nearly smacked himself for not calling in already. Instead, he sighed, chinned the com switch and spoke.

"Zorgn here. Anyone hearing me? I'm in a basement... Or something... It's hard to tell, power's off and the light sucks. Heading upstairs, need orders. Maybe a map, as well."

He hoped against his fears that the call would get through the rock and metal to reach someone. Wandering around in the dark, hoping the ceiling didn't collapse was not what he wanted to do while there were people above that needed killing. He kicked a small crate in frustration and jogged off down the tunnels.
TRP/PFC Zorgn/2SQD/1PLT/COM/BAT/RGT/VEA/VE

Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?
StarFruit
ComNet n00b

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  15
January 22, 2009 7:16:26 PM    View the profile of StarFruit 
Jae, Dante and Carter continued to walk towards where Dante had said the HQ would be. Of course when he said this, Jaenna doubted his sense of direction, especially with all of this rubble surrounding them, but what other choice did she have? Her sense of direction wasn't very good at all, and her adrenaline was beginning to go back into it's lower level, leaving her with a slight head ache and wanting some water. Her mouth was as dry as it could be.

"Dammit." Dante let out a few more curses as he looked around, his armor clanking.

"What is it?" Carter asked as all three of the troopers stopped in their tracks"

Dante grumbled and fiddled a bit with his blaster before letting out another string of curses. "I lost my way. Shit..." He said before beginning to walk again. Carter followed, but Jae satyed where she was. Dante turned back to look at her. "Lets go, Rookie."

Jae simply shook her head.

"I said to come with us-" Dante began, his tone sharp and commanding.

She cut him off by waving a hand, as if saying to shoosh. Dante looked utterly appalled and was about to scold the rookie again, but she began to speak. "Zorgn just came through on the comlink. I'm going to go look for him. I'll stay in contact. Let me know when you've found the HQ."

"Wait! Rookie! Don't go alone!" Dante was saying as Jae turned and ran off in the direction she thought that the basements would be in.

After turned around a corner, still running, and doing her Free Running maneuvers over obstacles in her way, she chinned the com and spoke to Dante. "Contact me when you get to the HQ. Look at the maps for me, and try to lead me in the right direction. If I find Zorgn before that, then just lead us out."

Dante and Carter looked at each other then just continued on their way.

------

"Zorgn!" Jae yelled as she climbed over bits of rubble here and there. "Zorgn! It's Jaenna!" She yelled again. Then, it hit her. Be quite you dumbass! Ugh. Why was she yelling when there are bound to be other men lurking around her, trying to take them out?

She decided not to yell anymore, and just to listen, but the damage was already done. From one of the tunnel entrances that she near, a stun bolt shot at her. Ducking quickly, it soared just over her helmet. She scrambled behind a bit of rubble and aimed her blaster at the man who had shot at her.

Two shots. The second hit him in the shoulder. That was enough to incapacitate him, and so with this new advantage, Jae leapt over her cover and ran at the man. She brought up her blaster and brought the but of it down on his face, cracking his nose. She spun it around and aimed again, then shot.

A soft growl rumbled in her throat as she turned and continued on her way. Then, out from somewhere in front of her, a bolt fire straight for her. She was frozen in place as it soared by her cheek. She heard the sickening thud and grunt of the bolt hitting someone from behind her. Turning, she saw another man, falling to his knees, the bolt lodged in his head.

Jaenna looked up and saw a trooper. She raised a hand and waved him over. "Come on Zorg! We gotta get back to HQ." She then chinned her comlink. "Jaenna to base. I've found Zorgn. We're on our way back now."

The two troopers then began to make a run for it, before running into any more of those nasty men. After multiple trips, and many more scrapes from climbing over rubbles and jumping around and ducking and turning, they two finally got outside. The wind surprised the two of them, but they continued on their way, determined to report to the base. Finally, they got to the building and rushed in, looking around at the others that were already there.

Zorgn was breathing hard as he looked around. "Thanks, Jaenna."

"No problem, Zorg." She said and lifted her helmet off of her head, and brushing her hair from her emerald eyes.
Private Jaenna
Raiders Squad
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Famus
ComNet Novice

Famus

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  82
Total Posts:  88
January 22, 2009 7:29:55 PM    View the profile of Famus 
Famus ran through the complex holding his E-11 tight to his body. He had been transported into the mission late due to his reinstatement into the Army. Now he had not been able to get a hold of them on the com-link. The stadium was a madhouse sine the mortar fire started. “This is private Famus, any RAIDERS there, report!” He heard loud gunshots around the corner. The young trooper took out his vibro-bayonet and attached it to his rifle. He crept around the corner and saw two men firing at Corporal Bacardi.

“Get that imperial bastard,” said on man with some five o’clock shadow on his chin and a cigar hanging from his mouth. Famus aimed his gun at the man’s head and fired twice. The man slumped to the ground with a thud. Then Famus ran towards the other man and as he turned around he stabbed him in the chest. The man struggled for a few more seconds before Famus using his street fighting expertise kicked the man in the knee and as the private’s foe began to fall Famus punched him in his nose killing him instantly.

Famus got on his com-link, “Bacardi it’s me, Private Famus. I was sent in after you all to assist you on the mission. Where is the rest of the squad?”

Bacardi replied, “Nice of you to show up Private, I’m not sure where the rest of the squad went.” The two began walking toward the hall when mortar fire blew up there exit.
“Son of bitch…how the hell we getting out now,” muttered Famus. Bacardi walked a run looking very frustrated. Famus kicked the wall and his foot made a loud ding which was unusual because these were concrete. “Sir,” said Famus, “I think we may have found our exit.”

The two troopers hid behind pieces of debris. Famus grabbed a thermal detonator and tossed it at the wall. A loud explosion of twisted metal and rocks soon followed. The men stood up and saw a rock tunnel.

“Lets go Famus, this is our best way out,” said Bacardi in an orderly manner.

“Yes sir,” replied Famus, “ I’ll take point."

The two troopers went in the tunnel and as mortar fire kept raining down the complex the tunnel began to lose security and rocks began to crash down on Famus and Bacardi. They reached the door marked exit and ran out into the open just in time.

They heard the structurally unsound tunnel collapse behind them.
TRP/PVT Famus/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//Tadath/VEA//VE
  "Its a metaphor for society and its technology addiction!"
    "Its a metaphor for a crap movie."
Rogueboy
ComNet Expert
Imperial Duke

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1560
Total Posts:  2089
January 22, 2009 7:54:16 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy ran his hand over his scraggly beard; it wasn’t that he was trying to grow a beard more like he was just too lazy to shave it every morning. RB’s requested time of leave would be expiring soon, all those banked weeks of leave finally paid off as Rogue had gone to the Galactic Republic controlled Coruscant to visit his family. It didn’t go overly well as his family had become Republic sympathizers which had made for some awkward conversations. Rogue’s brother had offered Rogue a job at the family business which he had turned down, when asked why he had simply said. “Once you do some time out in the field, you’d go insane having a desk job.” The answer seemed to satisfy his brother but not his father who kept on prying up until Rogue lied that his vacation had been cut short because of official duties.

“Incredibly long story short, here I am.” Rogueboy said to the sentry.

“And who are you?” The sentry asked his gloved hand never straying far from his pistol.

“Platoon Sergeant Rogueboy, reporting to lieutenant general Rizzit, I believe he is expecting me.” Rogue lied, there was no way Rizzit could have known that RB had arrived early but he didn’t think the older officer would refuse to see him unless he was extremely busy.

“Please hold, sir.” The sentry asked as he disappeared behind a closed door, the other sentry held his pose but his eyes betrayed his curiosity.

“The lieutenant general will see you now.” The sentry said as he held the door open for RB.

“Well if it ain’t that old man I know.” The lieutenant general said as he sat in his chair and stuck out his hand.

Rogue shook the offered hand and was about to speak before Rizzit cut him off. “Yes I know your looking to come back, and yes I made room in your favourite squad. Now get out of here I got a lot of things to do.” Rizz said with an almost playful smile on his face.

“And that’s how it happened.” RB said to a bewildered pilot who had just arrived at the docking bay and was immediately ordered to pilot RB to the Raider’s destination on Dendros.

The pilot dropped RB off right next to what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse. A little odd to be as Raider’s acting base, this is what happens when there’s new leadership, RB thought as he recalled the time when Snipes has commandeered the penthouse in a five star hotel in the name of the Empire, while some holostar was forced out into a lesser room.

The first thing Rogue did was enter the base from a side door, if there was one thing he was taught it was that you should never ever expect there to not be an enemy in a “safe” structure.
Clearing out a building by yourself is usually one of the most unsafe things to do close to having unprotected sex with a hooker, or at least that’s what Rogue’s drill instructor had said. Going room to room while wearing full stormtrooper gear and carrying the squad’s standard A-280 blaster rifle did tend to get boring especially when you know deep down the building is clean. Mostly it was because of a hunch RB had and these hunches had been known to have saved his ass more than once, but like all things in life there was a counter balance; Mr. Murphy and his dumb law. In retrospect if there was an enemy waiting to kill the squad Rogue wouldn’t see the need for all the stealth that an enemy would be exhibiting in order to make his life miserable.

Rogue sat down and lit up a cigarillo, a bad habit he had picked up from leave when there was the obvious sound of a door opening and someone rushing in.
Heavy Weapons Specialist

He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -300

A man, can be an artist, at anything food, whatever... it just depends on how good they are at it. Creases art is death... he's about to paint his masterpiece -Man on Fire

TRP/PSG_Rogueboy/2SQS/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [LoR][ES1][CDS][CoR][EW2][IH][GRP][CCA]

Clearly Canadian!
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  187
January 22, 2009 8:47:13 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival tried to concentrate on the mission, but his mind was elsewhere. He was thinking of the crowd, and, what he considered to be, nice change from the norm.

No sooner had he left his guard when a loud explosion rocked the stadium, Anival thought it was more entertainment for the crowd, but when two more explosions in rapid succession sent chunks of a far off wall flying. He turned to get a full look at the damage.

There was twisted chunks of metal, and several pieces of, what looked like durasteel, obliterated. A figure walked over to them, he got close enough that Anival could see a terrified expression on his face, and blood coming from several wounds.

“RUN!!” screamed the nameless man, “run, or-” he was hit by a blur, it sent him thrashing into the wall, his body was annihilated, and the wall flew out spraying shrapnel all around, Anival ducked.

Anival turned to face Ron, and RK. Ron wasn't there, and RK was barely visible, by his boot sticking under a small pile of rubble. Anival rushed to RK, he threw away his E-11 and started to take chunks of debris, trying to get RK out.

Three more impacts shuddered the ground, adding to the chaos that had started. When RK's helmet came into view, Anival increased his pace. After laboring for what seemed like hours, Anival had uncovered RK, his armor was cracked in some places, but it held.

Anival rapped RK's helmet, try to awaken him, when he didn't, Anival picked up his unconscious form,and started for a clearing up ahead, knowing that he had to protect RK, and catch up with the squad.

Going into the stadium with the unconscious RK, would be stupid and foolish, all it would accomplish would be to get them both killed.

He set RK down near a small closet like clearing that stood, surrounded by the fallen building that had stood, apparently there were some stray projectiles.

He stood near RK, looking around for glimpses of the other squad, when nothing came he turned back down, only to find an empty patch were RK had been. RK came into view behind Anival, standing groggily.

“What happened?” he asked with a slight slur. Anival pointed at the decimated surroundings, and said “we just couldn't catch a break, but we have to find the rest of the squad, and find out what the hell is going on here.” RK nodded in agreement.
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  671
January 22, 2009 9:54:23 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK's head pounded like the sound of a thousand drums, beating with a random tune, but only the point of being a nuisance until he gave into madness. Now, though, was not the time for him to give into the drums; instead he used them as a chant to keep him on his toes. 

"Alright, sound off." RK said, a hint of true sarcasm returning to him.

"Ummm, here, Sarge....." Anival's voice broke off into a long sigh, realizing that RK was starting to return to his old-lame-sarcastic self.  “Are you feeling alright? Or did you lose something?”

RK just ignored that comment and continued onto assessing the damage that had been done to his armor. He wasn’t sure the full extent, after all his HUD didn’t give him every little detail like he wished it did, but luckily he gave him a update on system function-ability;  and what he found wasn’t at all good news.  His cooling system was damaged, which meant he was open to the elements; not to mention his HUD would fade in and out, but he could fix that once he got some time to rest, now though they had a mission.

“What I miss while I was out?” RK said, wincing at another strong pulse in his brain, but again using it to his advantage.

“Other than Raiders still missing? Nothing” Anival replied.

“Well instead of just standing around doing nothing, I say we go in there and find Ron and Kand, heck maybe even raiders is in there.” RK had never felt more confident in his life, but still something held him back.

That’s when static filled his helmet’s comm, followed by Ron’s voice: “Anival? RK?  You two out there?”

Anival was the first to reply, “Yea, were here, no sign of raiders yet either.”

“Alright, just keep your eyes and ears open, were stuck inside, no problem though.”

Something  about Ron’s voice made RK stop and wonder if it was ‘not a problem’.  Whatever the case, he would have to accept the new ASL’s decision, but he still had to ask questions; “Sir, do you just want us to stand here? Or what?”  RK’s voice was a little more irritated then he had really hoped it would sound, but he would have to ask for forgiveness later.

“Keep your guard up outside, if these guys are in here, then they will surely be out there.” Ron’s voice faded out with the sound of gun fire.
“Guys? What guys?” Anival said; which was RK’s thoughts exactly, but a figure that his vision had caught in the distance looked like it was about to give them their answer.

RK jerked his head to see anival who was still staring at the building. He quickly threw his arm at His shoulder and spin him around so that he too would be facing the man. “you see that?”
“Yea.”  Anival squinted, only to have his nightmare’s come true. “Ummm, I don’t think he’s alone.”

RK saw them too, which instantly sparked him into thinking this through without getting them killed. But time ran out faster than he had hoped; And,unfortunatly, they were outnumbered.

"Pepare for..." Then, before RK could even finish his sentence, hell erupted. Various sounds came with it, but only one was distinct enough for RK to care about: The sound of beating drums.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

"Those who understand power, are those that are the most easily corrupt by that power." - RK

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 24, 2009 10:26:20 PM)]
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

Post Number:  806
Total Posts:  851
January 22, 2009 11:31:47 PM    View the profile of Virius 
OOC:
Hey btw I changed my name a while ago from Frank “Virius” Carter, to Faolan “Virius” Knight to go with my old callsign FlyingKnight sorry about any confusion I should have made that more known before and I know that changed it in both my profiles. If anyone sees my old name anywhere else just tell me and I will change it. Also this is just a short post because I am really tired but I want to show that I am in the story.

Another mortar round impacted against a concrete support and rained the group of imperial soldiers with fast flying shards of the concrete. They all ducked and shielded their heads with their arms and ducked away from the debris.

Gaz stood up and motioned for everyone to create a quick 360 degree cover so he could make a decent radio transmission without being horrible interrupted with a bolt to the face. Everyone moved behind cover as did Gaz in a ragged but effective formation to cover all angles.

“Helena…This is Bacardi…where do you need us were on the southern end of the stadium and we picked up Famus, he just got here when the action started.” Bacardi radioed whilst scanning the stadium that had turned into a battleground.

“Bacardi this is Helena…roger I just got word from the local security here that the two greenputt players and their security detail are trapped near the eastern exits and need an immediate evac.” Helena responded with a rushed but stern transmission.

“This is Bacardi, roger were on our way. Out.” Bacardi ended the transmission with a burst of static.

“Did you guys all hear that were headed towards the eastern exits, you guys are going to be meeting two celebrity sports players, well we will be saving there asses anyways. Everyone got it.” Bacardi received two nods and a thumb up from Famus.

“Awesome, let’s roll!” Virius said loading a grenade into his M82’s grenade launcher.

“Move out, Famus you take point.” Bacardi said motioning toward where the eastern exits were located. The group of imperial troopers tactically moved off towards more sounds of gunfire to save the two sports stars.
Senior Sergeant
Faolan "Virius" Knight
Combat Slicer

CrAzY Raider!
TRP/SSG Virius/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR] [ES1] [WM]
"A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Famus
ComNet Novice

Famus

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  88
January 23, 2009 9:52:31 PM    View the profile of Famus 
Famus held his blaster rifle up in firing position. The sounds of gun fire began getting closer and you could even make out some yelling. Famus looked more towards eastern exit and saw what looked like the edge of gun muzzle pointing out from around the corner. Famus got on the comm., “Do you all see that muzzle? They know that we’re on our way and they are covering the exits. We best scare that man out of his post.”

“I’ve got us covered,” joked Virius aiming his grenade launcher and firing. The explosion tossed the mans body out into the in a lifeless heap.

“Damn,” muttered Famus, “Great job sir!” They continued making their way to the exit as the firing got louder and the shots became more audible. As the got to the exits Famus pulled out one of his throwing knifes and peeked around the corner. The private saw about ten security guards firing at the fifteen or so militia men. Famus whispered, “Cover me.” He dashed around the corner, blaster pistol in one hand throwing knife in the other hand. The young trooper flinged the throwing knife hitting one of the attackers dead in the chest. Famus continued firing as with the blaster pistol as he made his way back behind the corner.

“Was that completely necessary,” shouted Virius in a angry tone, “Battle is no time for dramatics, Private!” The fighting continued and Famus chuckled as he saw the two green put players cower in a couched position behind their security detail. Volleys of blaster bolts continued back and forth but with combined forces of the security guards and the imperial troopers the battle was over quickly and they killed every one of the armed militiamen.

The green putt players slowly walked over the dead bodies and the bigger one of the two confidently said, “Thanks Impies, but ya could have shown up sooner, we practically got gunned down over here.

Famus stared coldly at the large man, “Well, it’s easy to criticize when your cowering like a wounded bantha in a corner.”

“Hello…come…Bzzt…in…RAIDERS report we have… a problem,” Helena’s voice echoed over the comm.
TRP/PVT Famus/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//Tadath/VEA//VE
  "Its a metaphor for society and its technology addiction!"
    "Its a metaphor for a crap movie."
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1313
January 24, 2009 7:23:10 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
It was more than a local militia group, they were too numerous and too smart. The mortar strike had been a giant success, hitting the perfect points on the stadium with which to bring the entire thing crashing down on itself, not many of their specialists could work out that. What was more worrying however was the tactics being implemented by the groups they ran into. It wasn't a frightened youth pointing  a rusty gun at them, it was highly trained units flanking them on all sides.

They'd dealt with worse of course, and although the strikes were perfectly aimed the falling of the rubble wasn't, making what lied around the next corner difficult to predict, and even harder to prepare for. Common ground for a former special op however, Kanderin smiled.

He drew a halt to his and Ron's advance the moment he heard the patter of feet turn the next corner. They took cover in the gap between two large piles of rubble and watched the two soldiers run through the ring of stalls. They were hoping that spying on the two instead of just killing them would give a clue as to what exactly was happening. The pair stopped briefly out in the open and spun around, as if looking for something, but then darted off back in the direction they came. It was enough for Kand to recognise the insignia on the larger one's shoulder however.

"This isn't a battle, it's a terrorist strike" Kanderin called, yanking a datapad out of his pocket and quickly scouring through it for the information he wanted.

"What do you mean?" Ron replied.

Kand found the page he wanted and shoved it into Ron's face, allowing him to read it. While he did so, Kanderin narrated.

"The symbol on their shoulder is that of the 'Unification theory', a group focused on destroying the planets and cities they deem 'unacceptable to the new world'. They're a terrorist milita that have been underground for some time now, but I'd had some warning they might show up. We knew their numbers were made up of ex-soldiers - Some of them from the VE - but we had no idea they had become this organised"

"So what exactly do they want?" Ron was still flicking through the pad.

"Dendros is one such planet they have an issue with. They were threatening a revenge attack for some time now, furious with the damage it's residents have done to the planet. They just knew no matter how organised they could do very little to change anything without"

"A diversion" Ron cut in. "The game gives them a perfect opportunity to cause wide scale damage and blame it on the other side. They incite a war which neither side would win without major casualties"

"Read my mind" Kanderin winked "Let's move out, we still have RAIDERS to find. Keep trying that radio too, Wraith and any RAIDERS you can get in touch with need to know what's going on"

"What should I tell them to do if I get contact?"

"To get back to base and wait there till everyone is organised. Then we'll develop a plan"

OOC:
Very wordy, and I apologise for that. However, I felt some clarification on what exactly is going on would be needed.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Ron
ComNet Cadet

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  233
January 24, 2009 11:29:43 AM    View the profile of Ron 
Terrorist groups.  Ron spat on the ground in front of him as he pulled out the OmniNode box; sick to his stomach about the job that lay ahead of them.  These revolutionary, almost religious groups were always the worst to deal with.  They want nothing better than to rip your head off when you're least expecting; and if they die in the process then they make sure they go out with a bang.  Ron could picture a scene of chaos in the future, even if they were lucky enough to do some negotiations.  Ron was doubtful on that scale though, one doesn't negotiate with terrorists- one kills terrorists and then negotiates what to do with the bodies.

The OmniNode box chirped on and hissed a series of fuzzy noise.  Ron turned the dial so that he could send his messages at maximum distance- and slowly turned up the power on the box.  He was cautious though, for he hadn't recharged the box in two days and it was starting to lose power.  Ron knew he could use his battle laptop (strapped onto his chest) as a last minute source of power- but as the box would drain the laptop's power Ron wished to use it only as a last resort.

The OmniNode box squealed louder.  Ron picked up the miq and spoke into it; sending the message to both Wraith and RAIDERS.

"Wraith and RAIDERS; this is ASL CPL Ron do you read me?  I repeat, can you hear me Wraith... RAIDERS?"

Short pops came into his headset.  Someone was just out of reception... or something was between them that was making the message too dim to pick up.

"I repeat." said Ron slowly.  "Wraith.  RAIDERS.  Can you hear me?"

This time the distinct voice of Helena replied.  A little faint, but just audible to understand what she was saying.

"RAIDERS... under attack... strange mercenaries... where's Kand..."

Ron motioned for Kand to come over, and he relayed the message to him.

"Well?" Kanderin said.  "Tell them to retreat.  Back to base."

"Helena..." Ron said.  "You need to retreat.  Get anyone you see back to base... Wraith and RAIDERS..."

Helena replied to the message with a short acknowledgement before Ron tuned in to find any Wraith members.  He couldn't pick anyone up, perhaps they were back at base already.  Ron could only hope so. 

But their luck was about to turn.  As Ron followed Kanderin out, he heard a short groan beside him.  One of the terrorists was badly wounded but still alive on the ground beside him; he was groaning louder now, perhaps agitated by Ron's footsteps.  Ron called Kanderin over to inspect the man.

"Yeah?  So?" Kanderin said.  He had no mercy for these ex-soldiers and was content to leave his as he lay.

"Well." Ron started.  "He could be useful to us.  You know... with some persuasion he might tell us where the terrorist base is, what they want, what their secrets are.  He might give us some things to negotiate with..."

"You can't negotiate with a terrorist." Kand interrupted.

"But..." Ron said.  "A terrorist can."

"What are you talking about?" Kanderin said.  "You're not making much sense."

"If we found out where the terrorist camp was... and if we discovered some important facts for negotiation; we could send one of our guys in there..."

"As a double agent." Kand mused.

"Exactly."  Ron said.  "And if we can get one of our guys in unscathed..."

"We can get them all in." Kand said.  He grinned with this sudden realization and motioned to Ron. 

"Right, grab his shoulder... there... that's it, I'll take him under his arm..."

Together they managed to get the man on his feet; and with a few harsh but assuring words in his ear- made him walk awkwardly enough so that they were walking at a quick, but cautious pace.
Sobaccus Ron
[WM][CCA]

Lukas_Yuy
ComNet Member

Lukas_Yuy

Post Number:  433
Total Posts:  504
January 24, 2009 11:55:40 AM    View the profile of Lukas_Yuy 
Explosions, gunshots, and screams could be heard outside of the HQ were most of Wraith squad was waiting. Lukas didn't know how much longer he could wait holding out for his Squad Leader and Assistant Squad Leader to get back. It had been quite sometime after the conflict had started that he and a few other Wraith members had made it back to base. Kanderin, Ron, RK, and Anival were still out in the combat zone, not to mention that the Raiders hadn't shown up to base either. Sounds of gunfire and people running past the base were getting closer and closer, making Lukas feel like the enemy were breaking into house after house, scavenging for valubles and people.

He walked over into the main part of the base were only the single door stood between the outside and inside itself. It was an old door that could easily be kicked open and run through by anyone at anytime, friend or foe alike. Lukas stood at the far end of the room and readied his pistol aiming towards the door, waiting for an enemy to try and enter. He gathered up with what few Wraith members were in the base at the time and had them positioned on either side of the door, just incase Lukas missed his target. The only good thing about the base is that the windows were all boarded up and no one could peer inside.

Lukas had hoped that Wraith and Raiders were trying to get back to base as fast as possible because he didn't know how much time they would have until someone tried to get in.
Name: Lukas Yuy
Position: Trooper
ID Line: AS-4/TRP/SSG Lukas Yuy/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Wraith Motto: When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
-=Wraith Squad=-
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  672
January 24, 2009 11:12:04 PM    View the profile of RK 
“We never get a break do we?” RK’s voice spoke up; the tone of annoyance in his voice carrying over through the communications link that he and his squad mate’s shared. He hoped someone would reply, after all the lack of conversation in the last few minutes was going to drive him insane. Luckily, someone had picked up on his frustration:

“RK, shut up and concentrate…” a long pause came from Anival; then a reply, “But no we don’t.”

“Eh, I guess this is better than flesh eating zombies….. though come to think of it zombies are probably easier, no brains.”

“Har, har… shut up.” Anival’s reply was a sarcastic, but RK knew he had that coming; after all it had been lame.

“Why don’t’ you two ladies stop chatting and start fighting?” Ron’s voice came in almost out of thin air.

“Yes, sir.” RK replied. He was already following order’s keeping his eyes on a group of terrorist’s who seemed to be advancing faster and quicker than the others. He wouldn’t get a good shot since they kept ducking behind every cover they could find. They haven’t fired yet, why?He didn’t fire either, instead he watched them, and waited hoping to find what they were up to.

“Status report.”  This time it was Kanderin who interrupted.

“Were pinned down behind debris; Other than that, green.”  After RK replied the world slowed down. His thoughts came back and his eyes drifted towards the three terrorists who were getting closer every second. He should have shot them on site, but something stopped, it was something about the way they moved.  It seemed like something was slowing them down, even though they seemed to be moving faster.

“Any orders, sir?” A third voice penetrated RK’s ear’s,this time it was anival, snapping out of his thinking again. When will the madness end?

“Try and get back to base if you’re not pinned down to heavily; if you are, hang tight me and Ron are almost on your position.” Kand’s voice cut off instantly, which returned silence to RK’s world once again.

“We’re not pinned down enough that we can go for it.” Anival said through normal speech*.

RK didn’t listen; he was still fixed on the men that, now, were crouched behind a chunk of concrete and metal. They hadn’t moved within the past two minutes, so something big was up. They have to be suicide bombers or they would have fired back, but why aren’t they running out in the open, it would be more effective. Unless, they aren’t where…..

“RK?”  Anival sounded confused, trying to figure out why RK wasn’t replying.

“Shhhhhh.” RK heard something, he wasn’t able to identify it, but he knew it wasn’t too far off.

“VICTOOOORRRYY!!!” Both Anival and RK snapped their heads in the direction of the sound. Two men ran straight at them, hand holding a trigger for the bombs that were obviously strapped around their waists.  RK watched as the man came closer, his vision beginning to blur into a white oblivion as the fear of death over whelmed him.

Anival was the first to fire, followed by RK, neither of them thinking about the consequences of a dead man switch or if they struck the bomb; but they knew that if they didn’t take the chance they would be nothing but memories in the fabric of life.

Soon RK’s vision returned, and the realization that they were still alive struck him. Anival was standing above the first dead bomber and his e-11 was aimed at the dead man’s head. RK couldn’t help himself: ”Ummm, I don’t think he’s going to come back to life, Anival.”

“You never know, he could have been a zombie.” Anival’s tone was dead serious.

“Now don’t you start.” RK followed up with a sigh and lifted his head to the sky, shaking it the whole time. “Well, we can’t just sit here, there will be more of them in a matter of seconds, and we have to move.”

OOC:
*When I say normal speech, I mean outside of a commink... in other words, outloud.(I jsut wantedto make sure everyone was clear.)

Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  189
January 25, 2009 10:21:19 AM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival was holding in a guffaw. When he had told RK that the dead body might be a zombie he said it so serious that Anival surprised himself.  He looked at the bodies for a while then, turned to face RK.

“I think I was related to one of these men” he said jokingly, RK let out a sigh “We, like I said before we should go, and by go I mean walk.”

“And here I was going to fly” he replied, toying with RK.

“OK,  lets focus. We need to join up with the rest of the squad, or get back to base.”

“Aw, but I cant focus, I'm hungry.” said Anival with a whiny tone.

“Har, Har” said RK as he walked forward. Anival followed RK, weapon leveled.

“Should we go find Kand, and Ron, or just head back to base?” inquired Anival.

“Well, you heard Kand, head back to base.” responded RK

“Ah, ok then back to the comfy ol' base tis.” said Anival trying to ease the tension.

Three men cam into view, and started shooting at them as soon as they spotted them. Anival flung himself to the left, a blaster bolt whizzing past him.

He saw one man fall clutching his chest, then the other, Anival took aim, when a thermal detonator gleamed in the sunlight, as it arched thought the air, Anival screamed “Grenade!” and he ducked out of the way.

He wasn't fast enough. The blast sent an aftershock, and pieces of dirt and turned the fallen beams, and other material into little flying daggers.

Most of the debris was blocked by his armor, but a piece about the size of his thumb had bit into his shin. Anival stood grunting in pain, and looked for the grenadier, he was dead five holes in his chest.

RK walked from the bodies, and looked at him. “You look beautiful” he said eying his shin, blood was sluggishly oozing out.

“I feel like a prince” he said forcing a smile. He tried to walk, but waves of pain emanated from his leg, he placed an arm around RK and they headed back to the base.

They could see the base from a distance, closer than before, Anival relaxed and spoke. “Do you think the ones we saw in pars were sentries, or scouts?”

“Most likely scouts” replied RK his mind clearly elsewhere, as was Anivals, he stopped the conversation right there his heart not in it.

The rest of the way was walked in silence, with the occasional burst of static coming from the helmets.

Once at the door, RK  rapped it once then twice, and cracked it open a bit, he placed his armored hand, through the crack so they wouldn't be shot at and walked in.

He saw Lukas walk towards them, he looked at Anival and then hurried to shut the door, Anival took a seat from from the entrance and surveyed his leg, something was still in their, and bits of the armor were stuck in his leg.

RK explained the situation.
“Then we should wait here” said Lukas in the end.
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

Gaz
ComNet Initiate

Gaz

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  149
January 25, 2009 4:09:48 PM    View the profile of Gaz 
The three of them walked back to the base in silence, but they were all aware nonetheless. Knight saw the base first, he ran towards the base and gently took a side on the main door. Bacardi took the other side along with Dante. The door suddenly opened and two large and strong figures jumped out at them, pistols raised. The two figures, now identified as men, nodded and began to lead the three men inside. The two men then identified themselves as Sergeant Vanderwall and Sergeant Hargraves. Sergeant Vanderwall turned around to close the door they had just come from.

“Follow me.” Hargraves said to the three. They all began to walk up to the place were the rest of RAIDERS were, and were Wraith was. “And here they are, we’ll be downstairs.” Bacardi thanked them and moved to sit down. He sat down in one of the chairs that were arranged in a circle. Corporal Goron, Wraith’s Assistant Squad Leader sat across from him, while Helena and Kanderin Draken sat near him. Suddenly, two men walked out from a door behind the three men and women.

“Hello to all I’ve met earlier, and to the ones I haven’t: I am Gunnery Sergeant Robert Graves. Next to me is my Assistant Squad Leader, Lance Corporal Joulain. The terrorist has finally spoken, we have been given the location of their base of operations.” The Gunner Sergeant stopped for a second, looking around. “I have sent one of my scouts to check on the location to make sure it is valid.”

Bacardi looked at all of the men and women around him. He then looked around and saw Corporal Goron speaking to the Gunner Sergeant. A few minutes later, the Gunnery Sergeant approached Bacardi.

“It seems that my scout has confirmed the location. We are going to insert two men into the building, disguised as terrorists. We have chosen yourself and Corporal Goron. Hop into the van, we’ll brief you there, now get dressed.” The man threw both Goron and Bacardi the terrorist armor. Bacardi quickly put it on and holstered his silent pistol.

OOC:
Sorry if this wasn't what you were thinking, ron. I'm not that hot today o.o.
Ron
ComNet Cadet

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  241
January 25, 2009 5:28:37 PM    View the profile of Ron 
OOC:
Erm, I'm going to go ahead and post what I already wrote... it works out all the same.

They were all gathered there, Wraith and RAIDERS, all ready to listen to the new plan that was being laid down by Kanderin.

"Right." Kand said stiffly.  He nudged Ron next to him who pulled out his laptop- hooked up to a computer of the area schematics that Kand had pulled out of the ruined stadium.

"We have been assulted, as I am sure you all know, but a group of terrorists who are determined to lay this planet to waste.  They are a highly dangerous group made up of mercenaries and ex-soldiers from the vast empire.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you all to be careful out there.'

A chuckle rose up from the group, but only half-heartedly.  Some of them knew only too well what damages those ex-soldiers were capable of.

"Fortunately for us." Kand continued.  "We got one of them alive." Kand reached down and grabbed the captured soldier by the back of his collar.  As he lifted the man up, his eyes blinked and adjusted to his new surroundings.

"So now what?" Gaz said. 

Kanderin reached by his side and withdrew a long knife from its scabbard, grinning at the helpless man.

"We find out everything this poor devil knows; or else we'll teach him what Imperial Soldiers are capable of doing."

Kanderin's laugh was so disgustingly evil that even some of his own squad members were slightly disturbed.  Ron chuckled along and got the rest of the crowd going.  The sooner this guy was sure they were going to mutilate him the sooner they would get the information they needed.

The man looked around helplessly, trying to find a friend in the crowd; and finding none to his dismay.  As Kand pricked his nose with the knife, the man finally squealed.

"Alright! Alright!  I'll tell you!  It's an old warehouse, in the Drysbon section of the main city..."

"Ron?" Kand said.

"Latitude 29, Longitude... about 104." Ron replied without looking up from his laptop.

"Excellent." Kanderin said.  Looking down at the sweating man, Kanderin tickled his ear with the knife.

"You're going to tell me everything I want to know.  What kind of weapons you have, how many of those weapons you have, where you get those weapons, how much you pay for them, who you work for, who you worked for before that...

The man could only gulp and reveal everything to Kanderin; fearing the worst if he failed to do so...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Ron... Gaz." Kand said.

It was good hour after Kand got everything he wanted from the captive.  Ron grinned as he saw the other troopers' expressions at Kanderin's cruel demonstrations.  Let em shake... Kand was only doing what he had to.  As Kanderin approached them, he threw two garments of light armor towards them.

"Put those on." Kanderin said.  "I got some undercover work for you to do."

Ron and Gaz grinned at each other as they donned their new outfits.  They were light and easy to move in, though sturdy and tough to break, each of them received a wad of papers that they were told were needed to get past the sentry, along with some cigarettes and beer if the sentry demanded some payment.

Kand threw Ron's stormtrooper helmet at him and a small pint of red paint.

"Turns out that some of the vast empire deserters like to piss off their former allegiance.  They go around with red painted designs on their white helmets to show that they are as deadly as one of us, just not affiliated with us.  Paint what you want on em, just make it look gruesome."

Ron grinned as he dipped the brush into the paint and layered the front of the helmet with a thick image of a red skull on the front.  He grabbed a handful of the red dust on the ground and sprinkled it on the dry paint to make it look worn.  It had the desired affect.

"Think I might just keep this helmet afterwords." Ron grinned.

"Time you left." Kanderin said.  "I'll give you your final instructions.  Once you are in Ron, your job is to deactivate any shields, weaponry, or other mechanized defense systems.  After that you must signal back to us your success.  We won't even be able to get through to get into the base unless those are offline."

Ron nodded, and Kand turned to Gaz.

"Gaz, you're job is to get acquainted with the boss of the terrorist group on this planet... a hutt named Croska.  Your job is to get as close as you can to him, find out his strengths and weaknesses, so that we can capture him, and if necessary kill him."

Gaz grinned at his new assignment and saluted.

"Right.  Under no circumstances are you to leave the building for any reason, once you're in... you stay in until the rest of us come.  Got it?"

Ron and Gaz nodded again before heading towards the exit.

"Oh and one more thing." Kanderin said.  "You might want to get rid of those helmets once the rest of us are in.  "Don't want to accidentally take you as one of the traitors."

"Damn." said Ron.  "Really wanted to keep this thing too."

Ron and Gaz finally got going towards the enemy base under the cover of night; preparing themselves for one of the most dangerous encounters of their life.
Sobaccus Ron
[WM][CCA]

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited January 26, 2009 9:44:06 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1321
January 26, 2009 3:42:49 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"The rest of you" Helena stood up "Gather round"

She marched over to a chalkboard in the corner of the room and began to scribble something in the corner. Before she was able to reveal it however, one of the soldiers from before came charging in, gasping for breath.

"You guys need to see this, it's madness"

RAIDERS and Wraith followed the man through the  hallways and downstairs, where it took them a while to adjust to the near darkness. There was far too much alcohol littering the ground, and there were several pornographic images pinned to the walls, but little attention was paid to either. Instead, all eyes focused on the small television in the corner of the room. Upon it, a small woman was reading from tattered notes, trying to keep her voice calm and her facial expressions normal.

"Both sides have taken to the streets due to the attack, neither able to come to a decision as to who's fault it was" She carried on reading "Riots have broken out not only in the capital but in most major cities circling it, the exact numbers of dead and injured are so far eluding us. Both armies have threatened to take action as soon as their forces are gathered"

"That's bad" RK whistled.

"That's worse than bad. Have the VE announced anything?" Kanderin looked down at one of the men still starting at the news reporter. He shook his head but didn't speak.

"Well, I'll keep trying even though our communications are busted. In the mean time, thing's just got more complicated"

"What do you suggest?" Jaenna asked, shuffling her way closer to the front.

"Well, the riots are only going to make things worse if they're not dealt with, so one of the squads is going to have to get out there and help as much as they can" Kanderin said, glancing back to the t.v. every now and again. "Wait a second, don't you have experience with electronics?"

"You could say that, why?" Jaenna replied.

"Think you can have a look at our comlinks, maybe even fix them?"

She shrugged. "I could give it a shot I suppose"

"Thanks. Everyone pass your comlinks to Jaenna then meet me up top"

Kanderin hopped up the stairs two at a time, followed a few minutes later by the rest of the troopers. In the time they'd gone, Kanderin had already drawn up a crude map of the surrounding area from what he could remember of Ron's blueprints.

"We're about here" He pointed at a small building in the center with a cross through it, he then tapped the chalk on a larger circled building. "And as far as I remember, thats where Gaz and Ron have gone"

"So, we're going to go get them?" Helena started.

"Not quite yet, need to give them some time to do their thing. Besides, I'm not fond of splitting the squads up when we don't have any form of communication, so I'm hanging on that. In the mean time, we're simply going to take to the streets and help the local police forces however we can. Blasters to stun, but apart from that use any force you deem necessary with which to calm the situation."

OOC:
If no one follows up by the time I get back from my classes, I'll extend this. Don't however feel it's a reason to not post. I'll work around you, don't be working around me.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
StarFruit
ComNet n00b

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  18
January 26, 2009 12:14:34 AM    View the profile of StarFruit 
The first task that was entrusted in her hands.

A task that could possibly determine one of the many outcomes of this mission.

Jaenna stood there, a pile of Coms on a table in front of her. A Hydrospanner in one hand, and her calibrating-wire laser in the other. Next to the large pile of Coms, was her tool box. This would be the first time she would have to put her 'slicing' skills to use. But that's the thing, they aren't necessarily slicing skills. They are more than anything self-acquired hacking and technical skills that she picked up while being the active leader of her hacking gang on Coruscant.

"By the gods...." She groaned as she grabbed the first Com that she was going to work with. She placed it front of her after putting her two most favored tools down. Bringing the Com up to her face, she peered at it with those bright emerald eyes of hers. This work was impossible to do with her helmet on, and so she had tossed it next to her tool box.

"Hmm. A lot of the Coms were damaged...." Her voice was soft and almost a whisper.

While doing this type of work, she had a tendency to talk to herself, to make sure that she was doing the right bit of thinking. This type of work... It required a lot of thinking, and a lot of trial-and-error work. Jae has had her fair share of errors. But this time, there was no room for error. She was in the Imperial Army, and this task that had been set before her was for her first mission. A mission that the citizens of Dendros relied on... more or less....

The Coms being damaged was her first problem. When the intial blast from the first shell hit the troopers, a lot of debris fell, either blocking and scrambling the signal, or just straight up damaging the Coms, which is why a lot of the troopers were lucky to pick up even static. And so her first task, was to repair the Coms. But not all of them were damaged. Luckily. The most damaged ones were Helena's, Zorgn's and a few others from raiders since they were on the inside of the Stadium when the shell hit.

"Time to work." With a sigh and grabbed her Hydrospanner and went to work, repairing Com after Com and setting them in a new pile. If she came across one that was still in good condition, she tossed it into the same pile. For she had something else to do to the Coms after repairing them.

After a good fifteen minutes, the repairing of the Coms was complete and a new pile had been created. Now, for the second task... But... Jae didn't know what the second task was just yet. Sitting down on the chair that she had neglected while fixing the Coms, she sighed, running a hair through her auburn hair. The problem was being able to know the Militia's next move. The squads had been left wodnering where they were going to strike next, not knowing how to defend, where to increase their defenses... How to-

"That's it!" She exclaimed as she shot up out of the chair and grabbed her wiring laser.

Quickly, she picked up a Com, took off the power source, unhooked the wire cover and stared in at the wiring, a quite serious and determined look on her face. She pointed her laser at one of the wires and moved it and played with it, connecting it here and there, reconnecting other wires, and doing more with the main sound wiring. After a good three minutes, she smiled down at her work. "Time for a test" She placed the Com on her head and switched it on...

"The east side of the main city.... That's where we are goi-" The man's voice cut off as Jae switched off the Com. She had done it. She had been able to capture the Militia frequency from their radios.

Another thirty minutes of work, and Jaenna rushed to the main room where everyone else was, Coms in her arms, a smile brightening her face. "I've done it, Kand, sir!" She rushed over to him, and placed the Coms on a table. She picked one up, but then stopped and look at Wraith's SL. "Sorry for interrupting, but I'm sure you're going to want to hear this."

Showing him the Com, she smiled. "I not only fixed them, but I was able to recalibrate the frequency wiring to pick up on the radio frequencies of the Militia. But I was also able to place our Coms on mute, so that our voices don't carry through to their Coms. Case in point, we can hear them, but they won't be able to hear us. We can even switch back to the Squad frequencies when need be." Smiling, she held the Com in her hand, beaming with happiness and excitement before Kanderin.
Private Jaenna
Raiders Squad
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith & RAIDERS: Land of Mild Inconvenience  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:19:58 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 153  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >