Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Are Legend

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wraith Are Legend
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  650
Total Posts:  823
  RE: Wraith Are Legend
November 10, 2008 8:19:33 PM    View the profile of RK 
Help me? Written on the wall? In blood? What the hell was this place? the thoughts swirled around like a black hole inside RK's head, sucking his concentration along with it. Whatever had happened, they had to be getting to the heart of it, because it seemed like every room they entered something else was off.

“Alright, I'm heading out, if I die, tell my mom I love her... oh and Leon you get all my----”

“Just go!!!” Helena snapped, cutting RK off before he could get the last word out.

RK didn't even dare reply, he knew if he did it could be costly to his health. As he turned he used the butt of his rifle to open the door, it opened with a abnormal screeching sound, which sent a chill down RK's spine, and made him even more tense about going out into the hall of the living dead. He didn't want to think about it to much, but it was stored in the back of his mind, haunting him.

Once he was out into the hall he heard a lower scraping sound coming directly behind him; instinct took over and he turned around and pointed the blaster, only to catch a glimpse of Leon waving as the door shut. Great,I'm stuck in a hall were in every shadow another one of those things is drooling to rip me apart----blood on the wall? Kand dead? Again the thoughts came back, but he tried to shrug them off and keep his attention on guarding the door.

“It can't be, Kand is smarter than that, something isn't right; then again nothing is right around here.” RK thought that maybe he was thinking about this a little too much, and he probably was. Still something about the writing on the wall.

“Seriously, how long has this station been like this?” a muffled voice came through the door, which made it hard for RK to differentiate who it was.

“A good while, considering how many stories have been out about it, and how many of the people have been infected, or so it seems.” Another muffled voice, only this one was followed by a slight scream of agony, which RK labeled as Antos.

“I don't know, but if we stay ehre any longer, could we end up... like them?” this time, RK didn't even care who it was, something hit him, and luckily it was about the writing on the wall. Finally, his thought could rest.

He lowered his weapon, while opening the door; his excitement making him fumble a little bit before hearing the unbearable screech. He busted into the safety of the room, which got him only dumfounded looks from the whole squad.

“Aren't you supp----”Leon's voice started, trailing off to the sound of RK's.

“Shut up and listen.” RK's voice was excite,d which made it hard for him to speak. Still somehow he got the words out. “The blood, it can't be Kand's or made by Kand, it's dull and caked onto the wall, so it been there for way to long for it to be from any of us.”

“You busted in to tell us that?” Anival asked, his voice tense.

“And left us open to attack?” Helena added.

“It wasn't smart I know.” RK saved himself by closing the door as he left again. “Truly sorry.”

Sadly, it was to late, something was already lurking in the shadows, waiting for one of them to make a mistake.
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  160
Total Posts:  1075
November 10, 2008 9:19:45 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
“You busted in to tell us that?” Anival asked, knowing the stupidity of what had just happened, he silently grabbed his rifle.

“And left us open to attack?” Helena chimed in

“It wasn't smart I know.” said as he left the room, closing the door behind him. “Truly sorry.”

Anival thought for a while then turned to Helena “If it’s ok with you mam, I’d like to go with RK”

She looked at him, “you don’t have to be so formal , but ye go ahead.”

“Thanks mam” said Anival instinctively. He walked out of the room with hi rifle leveled .

He heard a growl, and turned as a zombie started to pounce and screech RK shot it as it jumped. Anival stared at it then snapped out of the trance, he heard a ruffling and panting from a hall to the left. He turned to see it.

There he saw someone run by without, RK spoke “It him” he gasped “it’s kand!” as soon as the words left his mouth a hoard of zombies ran by chasing him, as it thinned out a zombie stopped and looked at them.

“Oh-oh” said Anival as the hoard divided its numbers and came through the opening, Anival and RK just fired at them as they came in through the door, most of them quickly went down, but there were 2 more to take the place of their fallen comrade.

“What’s going on” came a shout from the room, “ehh…. nothing just sunbathing” said RK through gritted teeth.

Anival heard rattling in the room, and then a frustrated shout “What in the name of Bane, are you guys doing?!! The door is jammed!” Anival looked over and saw a couple of the zombies that had gotten away lying in a heap near the door. 

“Hold on if we can get away for a while well un jam it”

“Damn, we cant get to it, we have our hands busy”

“It’s ok we’ll shoot it down”

There was an explosion and then the zombies looked at the emerging wraith from the broken door, and decided they were easier pray. Anival and RK took them out one by one, and then more, by more, it was hard.

“Hurry!!” said Anival as he noticed his blaster pack was nearly depleted.

The rest of the squad piled out and started to shoot at the advancing hoard of zombies. 

They were slowly losing ground, then Helena spoke “Damn, we cant keep on like this!”

Anival saw RK look around, “over their” , he said and they noticed a hole burned though the floor, “Me and Anival will cover you guys.”

The squad inched slowly, to the hole one by one they started to go into the hole.  The zombies apparently knew what they were doing, they got more aggravated and started coming in from multiple directions , it was getting harder to keep them at bay.

“Okay, Anival , your turn” Anival jumped into the hole. Then RK came through, they started running, knowing that the zombies would soon fallow.

OOC:
Ok I edited, ..... and for you Antos we are basicly runing from the zombies
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum
TRP/CPLAnivalVelasquez/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited November 10, 2008 9:20:53 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited November 11, 2008 11:31:10 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1137
Total Posts:  1849
November 13, 2008 12:29:47 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Please let them of stopped chasing me"

Kanderin gasped for breath, slipping one eye around the corner. He'd been running for a good twenty minutes, not once having a break in pace. The things were some of the fastest runners he'd met, and Kand was no stranger to a running track. Two or three time's he had to lean forward to avoid a bite, almost like something out of a cartoon.

Yet somehow, at some point, he'd gotten rid of them. They were nowhere to be seen, with only a sharp eerie silence filling the void they left. He collapsed into a sitting position, his legs simply not able to hold his weight anymore.

Reaching down for his comlink, he pressed a few button's and attempted to call up Helena, but it still wasn't working. They could be anywhere in the complex right now, the worst situation would be them being on opposite sides. They did run in two different ways afterall, and he must of travelled a huge distance in a twenty minute sprint. They must of made much less progress, as the amount of zombie's chasing Kand didn't leave many more to be chasing them. Or at least, he hoped not. Leaving Helena, still a rookie in charge of the squad was probably a really, really bad idea. He tried to put the thoughts of his entire squads death and his inevitable court martialling behind him though, and tried to get back up. He refused to be eaten anytime soon.

Much to his dismay, he did appear to be in a whole new area of the complex. Earlier, there had been a large blue strip, about two inches high bordering every wall. The strip here however was red, though a slightly lighter red than the blood. The symbols on the doors had changed as well, no longer simply displaying numbers, the plaques had become twice as large. Stopping at the one that seemed least damaged, he smeared away the blood to read it.

Radiography Lab"

He scrambled for his gun quickly, pointing it in both directions in blind panic. He was in the Medical Facility, where all this had started. The highest concentration was probably focused on this spot, making it a very bad place to be. He had been told in the briefing that this area had been shut down, but he had managed to accidentally stumble into it without thinking. But again, no time to think about it. Instead he headed back the way he came, hoping to get back to the normal door numbers.

Which is when he heard it.

A door crashed down somewhere ahead of him, followed by a blood curdling scream. Kanderin raised his rifle ready to gun it down before it became a threat, checking his cartridge was full and leaning against the wall to stabilise his weak legs.

It wasn't a zombie, it was something much, much worse. It was a human figure, but it stood at least eight foot tall. Most of it's body was covered in what appeared to be scales, leaving only his right arm and half of his face covered in skin. The one remaining human eye blinked at him a huge red pupil completely smothering the white. It screamed again, followed by the slashing noise of his claws emerging.

The thing went to scream again, but Kanderin fired twice, the first shot hitting him in the chest and throwing him backwards, the second a bullseye on the forehead. It collapsed to the floor in a heap, it's arm pulsing as if in a fit. Kanderin had to admit, it went down easier than he thought it would.

"And there I was set up for the big boss fight" Kanderin laughed, pushing himself off the wall again. If it was a game however, he was now supposed to go over and check the body, only to be clawed to death. He wasn't going to take the chance however, and simply decided to leave quickly.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Helena
ComNet Cadet

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  265
Total Posts:  508
November 13, 2008 12:46:05 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena was vastly running out of energy, she didn’t know how long she could keep up all this running. The squad jumped through the hole one by one, crash landing onto the floor of the below stage of the complex. Helena fell awkwardly onto her ankle but continued to run.

They came to a T junction, one way left, one way right. The right way seemed lighter compared to the Left, but the Right contained the most blood stains. The squad was also quickly running out of ammo and Helena wasn’t sure how long they would last.

She quickly reached for her comlink to try and contact Kand, this however failed. The connection was faulty and she couldn’t quite seem why. She could speak to the others, but not Kand, there was no time to be fiddling around with it so she quickly made the decision to go Left.

“Guys, I’m not sure how long I can go on. I’ve seriously hurt my leg and I don’t think I ca-“

Helena collapsed to the floor, helpless. Her skin turned pale and she was certainly out of breath. She was extremely hot and sweaty and her limbs were numb. Her eyes would flicker in and out of focus and her muscles would spasm every now and then.

“Helena!” Leon cried, shoving Anival and Joamer out of the way.

He placed his bag he was carrying behind her head and lifted her chin up high.

“Someone needs to get hold of Kand. I’m not joking” He ordered.

Anival, Joamer and RK just stood in shock. Their feet were as if they were super glued to the floor.

“NOW!”
Sergeant Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/SGT Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP][ES1]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  163
November 13, 2008 6:29:47 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
A lot of things were racing through Anival’s mind, the quickly depleting ammo, their current head in command, and that they couldn’t find Kand, not that Anival could recognize him if he found him.

Anival process all the ways they could get out of this alive, most of them seemed short of impossible. Anival was snapped out of his pensive state by Leon “Now” he shouted.

Anival continued to stand their, and by the looks of it Leon was getting more and more mad, so he decided to do something. He spotted a little silver flash in the distance, he started walking towards the opposite side, the side with more blood.

“What are you doing?!“ asked RK and Leon simultaneously .

“Nothing I just want to check something out” Anival replied, he saw it again a silver flash.

He sped p his pace and Antos ran up to him, “I’m coming with you” he said.

Anival looked at his blaster pack. “Well, you have more than I do so your welcome to come.”

They walked in silence for a while then Anival felt a breeze, then he smelled a rotting corpse, he turned around in time to see another zombie Anival leveled his weapon and shot, nothing happened, this zombie was just frozen their, as if it had been put into a state of shock.

He looked at it and laughed. Antos gave him a look that said your crazy.

Anival followed the breeze, with little more distractions, he saw an exit, a clearing to be precise, he had an Idea, they needed ammo, some rest, to find Kand, and He and Antos need armor.

He took out  keyed his transmitter  and contacted his droid “I’m sending you a location, fly the ship here, and have it equipped with extra blaster packs, and bring some of my personal arsenal, and some armor.”
“Yes, sir” replied his droid

He walked back and shot at the area marking the floor, he did this several times until he got to the location were the rest of the team was.

He threw plaid his rifle down and took out a vibroblade. Then he told Helena about the opening and the ship that would be there shortly.

“Can it hold all of us?” she asked

“Yes, it will be here in 15 minutes all we have to do is hold our position.”
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  653
Total Posts:  823
November 13, 2008 9:04:49 PM    View the profile of RK 
Waiting, it wasn't something RK was good at, then again it wasn't something that any of them was good at. They had no choice at the moment though, if they were going to get out alive, they really had no choice; unless they decided to us only their fists, which in all reality would be suicide for every single one of them.

“I have to know something though, You had a ship that could get us off this hunk of possessed metal, and you didn't ell us about it?!?” RK said, trying to make it sound more like sarcasm, but failing miserably.

“Well, I was running for my life, what do you expect?” Anival replied.

“Fine, fine; understood, but next time, if we rescue you, I want to know about any nearby flying havens.” RK grinned wildly, showing that he was really just teasing.

“Still, I can't help but think that just standing here for fifteen minutes is a really bad idea.” Antos changed the subject, his voice slightly trembling.

“I agree.” Leon added.

“Well, we can't get to far, if any of those creatures end up blocking our path to the ship.....” Helena paused as if in thought, then spoke up as if a spark of inspiration hit her, “.... we need cover,  we don't need to move, just hide in plain site.”

Darkness, they can't see in it, but they use the vibrations, it's like the droids on that last scavenger hunt mission with the whole platoon. Only this time, they can see, but not well in the dark; That's it!! It hit him like a punch to the gut; he didn't know why he was making so many discoveries, or what he though twas discoveries, it could be that adrenaline and fear was driving him, letting the blood flow to his brain. Still regardless of how, he had the feeling that this was going to work, and if it didn't atleast he wouldn't have to worry about the squad killing him.

“Shadows, they can't see in shadows. They can see, but not well. They are humans just really blood thirsty, flesh eating, disgruntled, enhanced humans, and if we can't see in the dark well, they can't either; so in other words...... ” RK was interrupted abruptly by Helena who picked up where he left off.

“... They use the vibrations and their hearing against us; and with our lights on they were able to follow us through dark patches.” Helena finished RK's thought.

“Yea, at least I hope my philosophy is right, but it makes sense. They might be dead, but they still have some sort of brain; they must have broke those lights back there, knowing we were going to turn on our lights; then they just followed the light, like an animal, but keeping a safe distance so we didn't know they were there. It makes sense, cause if they were dumb they wouldn't have been able to get an advantage on us.” RK stopped just for breath, he didn't know why but the words just flowed out like they had been rehearsed, which scared him more than it should at the moment.

“It does make sense, and since we don't have time, we have got to move now, find any shadows that can hide you well enough that your consumed by it. Make sure not to turn you light on, and pace your breathing. Now, move.” Helena ordered, but even before she finished the sentence every single squad member was already breaking for the darkness.
TRP/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

"Those who understand power, are those that are the most easily corrupt by that power." - RK

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1155
November 22, 2008 9:16:48 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Helena led the squad to another standstill, every Wraith silently diving into the nearest shadow as rushed footsteps filled their ears once again. No one moved or breathed as three scientists in a blind rage ran past them, barely able to stand on their two feet. They didn't look to either side, Wraith squad being completely invisible to them. After a few agonising seconds, they turned the corner at the end of the hallway and their footsteps faded out of hearing. Helena put up a hand for the squad to move again, but immediately lowered it again as more footsteps emerged.

"Another one?" Leon sighed, getting back into his prone position.

The fourth zombie turned the corner, his pupils frantically scanning the hallway, the blood having stained his clothes a dark red colour. Helena managed to catch a glimpse of the clothes underneath the stain and gasped. It was Kand.

Before she could inspect him any further, he again sprinted down the hallway following the other three, seemingly oblivious to Wraith. That was until he stopped two or three yards past them, and turned around.

"What the hell are you guys doing just lieing there? You scared the crap out of me!" he shouted, clutching his heart.

"You're one to speak! We thought you were one of them!" Helena shouted back, not sure whether to hug or punch him.

"You can kill me later. In the meantime, these two are the new guys?" Kand smiled, pointing at Antos and Anival.

"Pleasure to meet you Sergeant" Anival stood, going to salute. "Im Corpor.."

"No need for that guys. You're Corporal Anival Velasquez, and your friend's Private Antos. Pleasure to have you join us. In the mean time, the hallways around the Medical Facility are the only places my comlink will work, thus why I know your names. Let's move."

"You got a signal!?" RK stood up, jumping for joy. "You called for backup then right?"

"Well, kinda..."

"What do you mean kinda?"

"I was about to, then one of the green things jumped me" Kand smiled sheepishly.

"What 'green things'?" Helena stammered.

"Oh you haven't met one yet? Aren't you one of the lucky ones. Let's move"

Kand was off around the corner before RK could open his mouth to speak, instead deciding to turn to Helena.

"Is he...okay?" He asked.

"Good question. Maybe he's gone crazy" Antos nodded.

"I'll kill him if we need to" Leon butted in.

"I heard that!" Kand's voice came around the corner. "I'm not crazy, I'm just desperate to move, as that 'green thing' was chasing me when I met you guys"

Wraith didn't have to be told twice, instead getting up and sprinting as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another cry went out from somewhere on the squads left, causing Kand to wave a change of direction towards it. One of the zombies saw the squad approaching from around the corner and dashed towards them, only for the blaze of gunfire to rip it to shreds. Another was downed and fell right in front of them, by the screaming man that was still out of sight. They reached him just as the final zombie attacking him was downed via a Vibro Blade to the neck.

"Wait a second....Ron?" Kand asked, waiting for the man to turn around.

"You betcha" He grinned "I'm back in the corps and came to seek you guys down, quite f ix you've got yourselves in. I have a ship parked up to get you all out of here. Follow me"

"Now we have two ships? We're spoilt for choice!" RK grinned.

OOC:
There, Ron is introduced. I apologise for the incredibly poor quality of this post, but I'm tired and had to just try and force this one out. I work weekends now, so I wont be available as much as I used to be. Meeting is still on Sunday night however
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1156
November 22, 2008 2:39:39 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Whoops!
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited November 22, 2008 2:40:10 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  997
November 24, 2008 2:51:04 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
The squad had been moving for some minutes, their current situation was bad. The cross intersection they had stopped at to figure out what way to go was exposed on every side, anything could show up and pounce. Suddenly a darker shadow had emerged running in their direction. Instantly blaster muzzles aimed at the shadow and fingers began squeezing triggers. Effortlessly the shadow flung itself to the floor and slid to a stop, quickly rising to it's knees it turned and aimed a highly modified DC-15 blaster rifle back the way it had come.

"A very big, very ugly, very ticked off green thing is coming this way. So, unless you want to shoot me, take my rifle and deal with it alone I suggest shooting now!" The shadow said over a muffled comlink.

Just then a very big, very ugly, very ticked off green thing showed up running dead bore at the squad, twenty bolts tore the torso into shreds, three bolts took the head off.

Standing up the shadow seemed to shimmer into existence. A modified version of the Katarn clone armor was seen, heavy weapon harness was strapped around it's torso and a small sack was slung behind its neck. Slipping the rifle around on its harness the shadow unhooked his helmet and removed it.

The bald head that emerged was familiar to most everyone, if not everyone, flashlights painted his face and several people mumbled curses at him.

"Sorry I'm late, kinda got held up back there. Managed to get the comms working again though. Buggers had some sort of dampening field working around the base. I came in with Anival and Antos but we got separated. My expensive stealth systems allowed me to move relatively unmolested around the base, plus with my early warning system I stayed out of the uglies way. That is, till I met our dearly departed friend here." Joamer said, he then replaced his helmet and engaged the locks.

"What early warning system is this crazy person talking about? And who is he?!" Someone nearly shouted behind the group.

"His name is Joamer, Senior Sergeant. He has been in numerous squads, including this one, I think this is his third time being a Wraith. He is also clinically insane." Kand said as he signaled the squad to move out.

"Still want to know his early warning system, just in case he like dies or something."

Just then a small head poked itself out of the sack and growled at whoever had commented last.

"Her name is Lurk, and she does not like anyone besides me." Joamer said as he brought his rifle back up. "If she growls again I suggest going to ground and going silent."

"You know, Kand. Why do we always end up in situations like this?" Joamer said a few minutes later.

Kand only shook his head and kept walking.
Senior Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
Training Advisor
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
TA/SSGT Joamer/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited November 24, 2008 2:54:51 PM)]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Initiate

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  168
November 24, 2008 7:46:50 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Anival recognized Joamer immediately, like him a formal member of Iron Horse, Anival hadn’t liked him at first but had grown to trust him at least for a little bit. “Nice of you to find us” said Anival with a grin, he patted Joamer on the back, and asked him “you wouldn’t happen to have a blaster pack anywhere on that fancy armor of yours would you?”

Everyone looked at Anival, he shrugged and pointed at his blaster pack, “what? I’m out” he said defensively. “You don’t have any ammo left?” asked Kand. Well that’s what I just said thought Anival “nope, all out back at the office like thing” he said. “Don’t worry” interrupted Joamer “I will blow up anything that comes out”; Anival liked Joamer they shared the same passion of seeing stuff blow up. “Well I would feel better with some ammo and armor” he whined.

They continued on in silence Anival clutching a vibro-blade in one hand, and the useless E-11 in the other. Anival felt something around his legs, and he looked down, but there wasn’t anything there, he shrugged it off and continued to walk. “Who is going on whose ship?” asked Anival hoping he would get the cyborg. “We’ll see” was all Kand muttered. From his tone Anival suspected he had seen something, just then his transmitter vibrated.

Anival grabbed it, and heard his protocol droid, “Sir, I have landed in a clearing the ship is ready, also I brought spare bacta and armor, as well as….” there was static “…..I was told to bring it by……. He said…….. That it would come in handy………….” 
“A lot of static” muttered Anival, the squad looked at him, “what?” they asked in unison. “Nothing just my ship is ready” he checked his transmitter. “Hey Ron, my ship is close to yours, maybe 10 meters.”  With that they all kept up with ron.
Corporal Anival 
Wine Wi Wiki
Cogito Ergo Sum

~WildcardPlatoo n ~
IronHorseSquad

Ron-Goron
ComNet Initiate

Ron-Goron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  103
Total Posts:  1218
November 24, 2008 8:03:10 PM    View the profile of Ron-Goron 
"Are we all ready then?" said Ron as he fired a steady round into the nearest thing that crawled near.  A few nods from the group, as well as a shot-reload-shot sound from Ron's slug pistol signaled their progression towards the docked ships.

"Now we have two ships? We're spoilt for choice!" RK grinned.

"Yup." said Ron.  He fired the last shot in his pistol before throwing it, gun all, at the nearest zombie head that popped out.  Leaving the weapon on the ground, Ron rushed on.

The group came up to a barricade in their path.  Stopping for a rest and reload, Ron explained in further how he arrived.

"Turns out it's the second time I've run into you fellas on a mission.  Once I was sent back to Tadath on the reserves, I upped my training, got some new weapons (he nudged the place where he had kept his slug pistol... but instead patted his thigh, devoid of pistol), and some fancy equipment.  He patted his back, which contained his razor-flat laptop.  After that, they told me I was needed in Wraith again, and so thats how I got here....

A shriek from behind the barricade was halted by a very unfriendly blast of Kanderin's gun.

"Unless that laptop has anything useful to kill these zombies with, I suggest we move on." Said Kanderin as he backed up, pinned another zombie to the wall with a stream of fire, and hopped over the barricade.

"Well then." said Ron quickly.  "I guess we better get a move on."  he followed Kanderin over the barricade, along with the rest of the squad."

Finally they came to where the ships were docked at.

"Ah there she is, the Timborlaaden, or Tess for short."

"This piece of junk." grinned RK.  "You still haven't gotten rid of it?"

"Nah." said Ron.  He turned to look at the other ship docked nearby, before turning back to Kanderin.

"Final orders before take-off?"

TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

View Ron's Wiki at: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron-Goron

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot, the courage to shoot the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies."- Anonymous
Helena
ComNet Cadet

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  287
November 25, 2008 6:48:04 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena by this point was panting. Her pale complexion couldn’t have gotten any paler, and she was shaking. She needed extra energy; she wasn’t as fit as the other members of her squad. Although she could go a fair way, she needed help getting to the ships. Kand fell back, noticing Helena was in pain. He placed his arm around her waist and let her put her weight on him as they briskly paced to the ships.

“No orders that I can think of, just watch your back. We need to get into two groups; one will go on your ship, another on Anival’s. You need to make sure everyone is aboard and check every room to make sure no stowaways followed you. I’ll let you decide the groups, but I have to stay with Helena. She’s too weak to fend for herself right now.” Kanderin called in front.

“T-Thank you” Helena added, fighting every ounce of pain to breathe properly.

The squad quickly formed two groups, Ron, Kand, and Helena in one group, RK, Joamer, Antos, and Anival in another.

Kand signalled everyone to get on board a ship and lock the doors. They then could search it for stowaways.

OOC:
I'm sorry it's short guys but at the moment that's the best you're getting out of me until this Flu passes.
Sergeant Helena
Drill Instructer
Assistant Squad Leader

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1163
November 25, 2008 2:50:35 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The hanger on this side of the complex was split into two parts. Where they were currently stood was the viewing platform, with a large half glass half metal panel separating them from the ship. A tiny, frail looking door was the only way through, which was typically traced in blood.

"You sure that's a good idea Kand? You know, since numb nuts decided to leave the door open?" Joamer responded, banging the side of his helmet with his wrist.

"I was trying to make it so that we had a fast getaway option" Ron snarled back.

"And in doing so you could of filled the hanger with those things" Joamer growled back.

"Everyone shut up already" Kand sighed "I'll go in, you guys stand watch. If you dont hear anything from me within ten minutes, lock the door and get on the other ship"

"You cant be serious"

"I don't see anyone else volunteering another option" He shrugged in reply.

"At least let me go with you Kand..." Helena stammered, trying to push herself fully back onto her own two feet.

"In that state you'll do nothing but put us in more danger. Just stay here, I'll be fine"

The rest of the squad had nothing else to say, and instead just gave some simple nods and mutters of good luck. Kanderin tried to laugh, before checking the cartridge in his rifle and heading inside.

It didn't appear to be bad at all. About fifty yards from him the two ships sat side by side, smiling down at Kanderin as if they were long lost friends, and there was not a place on earth he'd pf rather been right then but inside them. he made sure to check every corner of the hanger before proceeding towards them, deliberately trying to make his footsteps as loud as possible, so as to attract anything that could jump him out towards the open. He made a good twenty yards before a sole zombie showed up, snarling and with a large chunk of his arm missing. Kand fired once at his forehead, immediately blowing half of his head away and causing him to drop to the ground. No more seemed to be attracted to the noise, so he proceeded.

He approached the crappy looking ship on the right first, which from what he heard allowed him to assume it was Ron's. It was surprisingly large, far bigger than the normal ships he saw around Tadath. The viewing windows of the cockpit were freshly cleaned, causing a really odd look compared to the peeling paint of the exterior. Thoughtfully Ron had decided to keep all the doors locked as it had attracted some attention, large finernail scratch marks now adding to the battered paintwork around the handles.

As he reached to open it up, two more zombies snarled from behind the second ship, and Kanderin barely had time to spin around and down them both, they got close enough for him to smell their rancid breath, as well as to emblazen a large amount of their intestines all over his armor. He breathed a sigh of relief and cursed his own stupidity.

A third sunk their teeth into the break in his armor, where his helmet fitted onto the chestplate. He managed to a swing a knee upwards into it's groin, sending it flailing backwards, but not fast enough to counter the large piece of his neck it had just taken loose. Instinctively he managed to gun it down where it fell, before things started going blurry. He couldn't remember crying out, but he had somehow attracted the rest of the squads attention, a suddenly rejuvenated Helena leading a sprint over to their fallen squad leader.

"Kand! You okay!?" She shouted.

"Dont you dare come any closer" Kanderin managed to gasp for breath, raising a hand to signal the squad to stop.

"But you need our help, you're hurt real bad..." Antos replied, trying to walk forward.

"Which is exactly why I don't want you helping me. He got me good, I'm done for"

"Kand, stop playing around..." Helena stammered.

"I wish I was" Kand responded again, dropping down into a sitting position while desperately trying to hold his neck together as well as possible. His breathing was becoming more and more difficult, his torn windpipe meaning 90% of the air he breathed in wasn't reaching his lungs. "Ron, get everyone aboard and get the hell out of here. Get in touch with command as soon as possible and get them to blow this place sky high."

"Will do sir...But what about you?"

"Ah I'll be fine here, just leave me my gun and I'll play target practice for a while"

"I'm not leaving you Kand!" Helena shouted out, tears now flowing down her cheeks.

Kanderin managed to half smile up at her, before looking across to RK. "Get my ASL out of here RK, you're the new Squad Leader until she gets herself back together"

"I'm not ready...."

"Funny thing is, RK, I dont give a fuck right now. I have half of my throat missing and you're lucky I haven't attempted to eat you all yet. Get everyone on that ship now and leave!"

His vision was dimming away now, the bright lights shining down on the hanger slowly ebbing away. His hearing was disintegrating as well, he was able to see mouths move, barely, but the sound came out muffled and unclear. The only thing he heard was Joamer's last words as he went to shut the door, the rest of the squad behind him looking out"

"You were a great SL Kand"

"You were a great squad, now get out of here. I'll see you guys in hell"

The 'el' sound barely left his lips, when instantaneously his head dropped to the ground, the energy he had left not being enough to hold it up. Slowly, but surely, he lost all vision and hearing. He was dead.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1164
November 25, 2008 3:11:19 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The funny thing about death was, he never expected it to be so...bright. Nor did he expect the whirring noise of some sort of fan. The strangest thing however, was when he managed to open his eyes and see Helena sat at the foot of his bed. And the bed, of course. He tried to move, but his entire neck area seemed to bandaged down to the bed. He tried to lift his hands to see what was around his neck, but then also found that they were tied down with something.

"Mind getting me a drink? You would not believe how sore my throat is"

He spent several minutes practicing the sentence in his head, trying to make it sound as cool a 'revival' sentence as he could. In the end though it was all in vain, the best his voice being able to give out was a barely audible raspy groan. It was enough for Helena to nearly jump out of her skin though.

"Kand! Oh thank god, you're alive!" She shouted, jumping up from the floor and immediately onto Kanderin.

"Please...intense pain.....off" Kanderin replied.

"Oh right! Sorry!" She replied, jumping back to her feet, turning briefly to wipe away something from her face and then grinning back at him.

"It's difficult enough to breathe as it is, let alone have you flatten my lungs even more"

Helena giggled, still not being able to stop grinning.

"So...why am I tied down?" He carried on slurring his speech.

"Oh right yeah...that" Helena responded, the grin disappearing to show a more uncomfortable face. "We had to make some precautions, in case, you know..."

"In case I got up and started killing everyone, I get it. Why the hell am I here anyway?"

"The squad couldn't leave you behind...We're sorry. We all took a vote and decided we were going to take you with us, and bury you on Tadath. We hooked you up to a life support machine Ron had lying around so we could monitor your life signs, in case you were turning. It picked up a heart beat and we all came running in. You were fighting the infection!"

"You said way too much then, try and break it up and slow it down a little. I was dead two minutes ago, remember" Kanderin tried to smile, until he realised it hurt too much to try. "You say I fought the infection?"

"Yeah..something in your genetic make-up, you're immune to the disease!"

Kanderin smiled again, but this time secretly in his head. He honestly thought he was done for back on the station, slowly drowning in a pool of his own blood. In that situation he could never quite believe anyone could not be scared. What surprised him the most was just how long death actually took. The worst part was the wait. The final act of the intense pain pulsing through your entire body, and the inevitable wait for it to begin.

"Hey Helena, you want a coffee?" A voice called from somewhere across the ship.

"I'd like a coffee, not too hot though" Kanderin whispered through.

"Helena? Since when did you become a man?"

OOC:
Boy aren't I mean, splitting this up into two so as to prolong the tension even more
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Helena
ComNet Cadet

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  289
November 26, 2008 11:28:48 AM    View the profile of Helena 
Leon came rushing in, as if Helena was about to give birth to some kind of alien.

“Kand! Wow man, thought we lost you back there” he smirked.

Some odd groans and moans left Kanderin’s lips and Helena translated.

“He said you’d better run or he’ll eat you, zombie or no zombie”

“Uh, Yes Kanderin Sir!” He quickly made his way out as Helena giggled.

She let a smile escape across her face as she turned back to Kanderin; she lightly touched his hand as he smiled back.

“You really did scare us back there. Promise me you won’t ever do that again?”

“You know I don’t make those kinds of promises” he joked.

“Please?” She let a tear lightly fall down her cheek, followed by another, until Kand replied.

“I promise, now come here”

Helena untied him for comfort, and gave him a huge warming hug. Her body shivered as he closed his arms around her. A beaming smile could be seen from her face.

“Alright now Kiddo?”

“I’m perfect.”

“Coffee’s up, oh, I’m not interrupting anything am I?” Leon winked.

“No, not at all” she smiled.
Sergeant Helena
Drill Instructer
Assistant Squad Leader

Ron-Goron
ComNet Initiate

Ron-Goron

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  108
Total Posts:  1218
November 29, 2008 11:09:02 PM    View the profile of Ron-Goron 
“Coffee’s up, oh, I’m not interrupting anything am I?” Leon winked.

“No, not at all” Helena smiled.

Beepp, beepp, bee, bee, bee...

"Woa, hold on there..." said Ron.  Sitting off to the side, he was monitoring Kand's heartbeat on the life support system that he rigged up out of some spare parts he found lying around.

"I'm no medic." Ron warned, "But coffee's gonna make Kand's heart-beat go a bit too fast for my liking..."

"Ron." said Kand irritably.  "Leave the doctoring to us medics."

"Right." said Ron.  "Don't listen to the guy who kept you on life support these past few days..."

"Give it a rest Ron... let him have something to drink." pleaded Helena.

"He's all yours." Ron said simply.  He got up to get out of the ship's crew quarters where Kand was resting... but he stopped and called behind, "Are we ready for take off then?"

OOC:
Yeah, I know... short post. It's the most I can manage on the crappy connection I've got right now.  I'll be back home on Monday and my connection will be right as rain.

TRP/LC Ron-Goron/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

View Ron's Wiki at: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron-Goron

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot, the courage to shoot the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies."- Anonymous
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1177
November 30, 2008 2:01:31 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"We haven't taken off yet?" Helena translated from Kand's mumbles.

"Yeah, we thought it'd be best we wait for....wait a second, why the hell are you asking me?" Ron asked "You're the one that told me to wait!"

Helena shrugged "I'm just beginning to like this translating stuff, got carried away I guess"

"Wow...weirdo" Ron smiled.

"That's Miss Weirdo to you!" Helena winked back. "Now get this piece of crap in the air and get us home"

Ron grumbled something before disappearing off around the corner, his voice carrying all the way to the cockpit, and until it was drowned out by the sound of the engines.

"Make sure home blows this place to smithereens the moment we're out of range. And get me another pillow" Kand called feebly.

"Hey, you cant order me around anymore remember, you left me in charge" Helena snarled.

"Back when I thought I was done for, yes. I am however still alive, even if it is in a far worse state"

"Always with the technicalities" Helena smiled.

"Very funny" Kanderin smiled back. Helena went to leave but was caught in the doorway by Kand's voice again.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to work again? My voice is shredded and the only reason I can breathe properly is because of this machine..."

Helena smiled compassionately and sat back down on the end of his bed, patting him on the shoulder.

"Kand, you're a medic, you know this stuff better than half of the squad. The medic's at Tadath can do fantastic things with cybernetics now, they'll be able to sort something out for you no problem"

"I hope so" Kanderin sighed, massaging a spot on his neck.

"Quiet, you big worrier" Helena grinned, before leaning in to kiss him. On the lips. No tongue, but on the lips. It was a full five seconds before Kanderin's only half consciousness noticed what she'd done, and a few seconds after that Helena realised and jumped away.

"Urrm, what the hell was that?" Kanderin smiled.

"Nothing, I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done it. I'll go get that pillow!"

She was out of the door like a shot, but not fast enough to hide her bright red face.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

Post Number:  141
Total Posts:  997
November 30, 2008 3:17:16 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer was sitting in the co-pilots seat of Anivals ship, both vessels had taken off and stopped a half kilometer above the station. Since their departure the station had gone dark. Radio communications were dead, with the dampening field down anyone who had comm access would be able to use it. Even with the squad trying every frequency that came to mind, no one said anything back.

"Squad," Helena said a few minutes later. "Kand had given orders to blast that thing to small pieces. If you have access to any of the ships guns fire away. Happy hunting!"

Hitting a few switches Joamer and Anival brought the ships weapons online, but did not bring up the targeting computer.

"One hundred credits to the first one to blow up a fuel tank, or anything that gives a nice explosion." Anival said.

"Deal." Joamer said as he began picking random targets.

Both ships unleashed volley after volley of concussion missiles, and laser blasts. Soon the combined assault began tearing the station into pieces. Venting atmosphere caused debris and bodies to spill out into space.

A few minutes later large explosions began rocking both ships, even when they stopped firing explosions ripped large chunks of the station apart.

"I suggest we move away now, looks like we did our job." Joamer said into the comm link as Anival maneuvered the ship farther away.

"Squad, make calculations for the jump to hyperspace. Let's go home." Helena said into the comm link as a large explosion ripped the station apart.

Keying the nav computer Anival looked at Joamer, he was starring out into the vast emptiness.

Reading his mind he said "What about the ones we left behind?"

Joamer looked up and shock his head, "May they rest in peace. Nothing we could do about them."

Pulling the hyperspace levers both ships jumped into the void.

Days later, what remained of the station entered the atmosphere of Vectra Prime. They did not know what repercussions would come of destroying the station, but due to the fact they were Wraith squad, no one really cared.
Senior Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
Training Advisor
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
TA/SSGT Joamer/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE
TRP/SSGT Joamer/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wraith Are Legend  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:47:11 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 222  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >