Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > NPC Story #3 (Wraiths vs. Blackjack)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  NPC Story #3 (Wraiths vs. Blackjack)
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  292
Total Posts:  744
  RE: NPC Story #3 (Wraiths vs. Blackjack)
July 17, 2008 1:19:23 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Jonathon Gaines did not frighten easily, and more often than not would never even flinch when something came at him. However, when a thermal detonator goes off less than twenty feet away from you, you kind of have to show some level of surprise. Jonathon dove back as the explosive went off, sending fire and debris into the air. He heard a violent crash as the sewer walls began to cave in. Dust and rock filled the air as most of Candy squad was thrown off of their feet. Unfortunately for Jonathon, he wasn’t fast enough. The shockwave lifted him off the ground, sending him into the floor. The armor absorbed most of the impact, but still made Jon feel a little bit dizzy. He got up, holding his head, and looked around. Despite the severe amount of coughing, no one was injured to badly, save for a few bloody lips. Brace, Jon’s good friend, was lying on the ground. He managed to prop himself up and wiped his lip, seeing that his lip had been cut open.

“Huh,” he managed to say, after which he spit out the blood in his mouth. “It’d been so long since I’ve seen blood that I forgot what it looked like.”

Jonathon helped him up and gave him a look over; as the squad’s medic, Jonathon couldn’t afford to be off on judgment right now. He went in his kit and found a small vile of bacta cream. He opened the top of it and put a small dab on his finger and started reaching for Brace’s face. Brace smacked his hand away. Jon put on a rather dirty look.

“Hey, if you don’t want bacta, its your call. But if you feel like having raw sewer water get in that wound and get a rather nasty infection, I won’t stop you.”

Brace sighed, as wiped the dab with his own finger. “Fine, but at least let me do it.”

Jonathon walked away and went over to the other to make sure they were all okay. When it was all over, Detric Zalga called everyone around him.

“All right. Well, now that we know what the Imperials’ plans are, we know how to stop them. We have two priorities now. One is two stop the Imperials from poisoning the water supply. The second is to get the scientists out – alive preferably.”

Detric called over Uzen to look at his data. Jonathon went back over to the others to make sure that they were perfectly all right. Despite the fact that he had only been a member of Candy squad for a few months, his father being a doctor had prepared him for most of what he saw in his medic training. Just as Jonathon finished his rounds, Detric called them back over.

“Okay, security has picked up movement heading up to the roof. I’m going to guess that it’s the Imperials and they’re going on a supply run. Let’s meet them up there and give them a Candy squad welcome. Move out.”

Detric ran past them, Uzen in toe behind him. Jonathon was next, and the rest of the squad followed soon after. His legs were pumping, and Jonathon was running on pure adrenaline. Here we go again.

--- --- --- ---

Candy squad came up to the roof just as the Imperial gunship was taking off. Somehow, they had managed to make it up there silently. They took up positions, A280s and heavy blasters off all types bearing down on the Imperial squad. Detric broke squad comm silence with one order:

“On my mark, shoot to kill.”
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  332
Total Posts:  535
July 17, 2008 2:58:31 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Hendal Luchivik opened fire with his blaster rifle. He had been in the squad long enough to know that prolonged periods using full-auto auto sucked the energy from the clips pretty fast. Also though there was no recoil from the weapon as it was a laser weapon firing near three hundred rounds a minute did reduce accuracy.

They moved further in onto the roof taking cover behind vents and ducts which moved along the roof. Not that they provided much cover for one thing they were too small too hide yourself completely unless you lay on you stomach. Also after a few shots from a blaster rifle large pieces started flying off from them. This was dangerous to the person taking cover behind the duct and also reduced the amount of cover they where able to hide behind.

Since cover was rapidly being blown apart by enemies and friends both squads where on the move darting around ducking and diving behind what they could. Stay in one place too long and you'd be dead in a matter of minutes.

Handel tried to stay near the front of Candy squads advance across the roof towards the Imperials. The only thing keeping him from moving forward away from the rest of his squad was the well timed accurate and precise shots coming from the E-11's the stormtroopers utilized.

Firing in short bursts he trained his weapon on a specific point where severely imperials where taking cover. A few of the privates sent large sprays of fire over the enemies head. Sporadically shooting in every direction they saw a head popping up from behind cover.

Hendel thought he had scored a hit on one of the imperials until the white helmet came up and sent two shots straight towards him. One went wide over him the other hitting off the ground sending a spray of debris up at his face. He pulled his arm in from of his head. His weapon still clutched in his hand took a few hits and a few small pieces of shrapnel went into his arm. Hendel continued fighting. He had been in many bar fights and had the scars to prove it. He intended to return the compliment to the imperials and pulled a grenade from his belt.

"Put it away," his squad leader yelled over to him, "the structure was damaged enough when the thermal detonator went off. We don't want the roof collapsing from underneath us."

Handel returned the grenade to his belt reluctantly and continued the fight.

"Is it me or are there fewer imperials?" someone said over the squad link after a lapse in combat.

"Damn they might have sent some on to complete the mission. We need to stop them."
Give me a hundred Space Marines.
  Or Failing that give me a thousand other troops.

-Attributed to Rogal Dorn,
  Primarch of the Imperial Fists.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image  Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited July 17, 2008 4:50:04 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  259
Total Posts:  2159
July 18, 2008 7:51:03 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Travias crouched behind a desk. He hated blind fire, waste of ammo. So he fell back to an undamaged durasteel console, and set up his rifle there. He tried to sight on the enemy, but they, like his comrades, were dodging behind new cover, firing randomly.

He coolly slid his combat scope into position, then fired a three-round burst at a desk that fire was coming from.

The powerful A-280 punched holes in the flimsy metal desk, but missed. The enemy kept firing.

Travias realized he had to move. He dove to another shred of cover as the console began to melt from laser fire.

There, he popped up again, and got hit in the shoulder. "Damn it!" he yelled, "I'm hit!"

PVT Laure Orda heard the rifleman's yell, and ducked over to the injured man. She, as a backup squad medic, crouched, attaching a bandage and some bacta to the man's shoulder, and taping it there.

"Good to go,"

"Thanks, doc." The other sprinted over to another piece of cover, as did the Lance.

She blind-fired his A-280 around a corner, towards the Imperials.

Lasers blasted chunks out of the floor; the walls were marked with hundreds of blaster burns, and the room was filled with carnage. Broken and burning desks clouded the room with smoke and smell, making it hard to pinpoint the other side except from their muzzle flashes.

Orda stood straight up and fired an entire clip a few inches above a muzzle flash, then ducked, reloaded his rifle, stood again, and fired just below.

"Geez, this is insane," the private thought sadly. "I didn't sign up for this. Thought I was gettin' into easy college. Ahh, shit."

She dove from his cover, rolling away, then from it, to try to throw the enemy off. The desk she had been hiding behind melted.

She rolled into new cover, to find one of his allies. "Heya doc," said a voice- Travias couldn't recognize it. "I'm almost out of ammo."

The Private handed the other a couple clips. "Oh yeah, and they hit me in the leg."

Orda crouched, peered at the blaster burn. "What the hell? How'd they hit you in the knee?"

"Lucky damn shot. Patch me up, doc, I gotta move. They're startin' to find me."

To emphasize the remark, a trio of blaster bolts hit the desk, sizzling the metal as they impacted it.

Orda sprayed the injury with bacta- the soldier winced. "sorry!"

She slapped a bandage and some tape on it. "Fixed your knee, hopefully. I dunno how long that will hold under intense stress."

"Thanks doc," the other said, rolling to new cover.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

I love having the moral high ground. You make a great target up there - Han Solo

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.- V

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited July 19, 2008 7:25:06 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  667
Total Posts:  814
July 18, 2008 11:57:08 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"Supplies coming to you by gunship, Chase, it was worth the wait. But I won’t send backup, you’ve only lost one trooper, get the job done, HQ wants the water supply poisoned ASAP, that’s your top priority.” Alexis heard the commander at base relay to Chase, who held in his arguments to get another squad, for he knew that he couldn’t wait for another squad, it’ll have to do right now. Then a gunship quickly came and dropped down supplies as the squad loaded up on ammunition, three A280 also dropped down to help them out with suppression which was taken up by Private Harvey and Tarnok, Lance Corporeal Charlie, but no extra grenades.

“I guess the damage done by that thermal detonator in the sewers could do the same for the roof, we’d better be sure when we’re gonna throw one that we’re going to kill someone, not destroy the roof.” Alexis answered Chase’s confused look on his face while the gunship took off. After that, blaster bolts suddenly fired that took everyone to cover, including Davis, who was the first to rush to the entrance near the roof.

Alexis returned fire along with the rest of the squad with accuracy, moving from cover to cover as it gets ripped up by the other squad, firing at revealed shoulders or legs, occasionally hitting them and causing the squad medic to come over to heal. Alexis had took up the job of medic after Alema died, being taught everything that Alema had known from her mother, carrying Alema’s own rucksack with medical supplies, with her own blood dyed. It’s our first battle together, Alema, I pray that you can help me get through it, find and kill the Candy squad leader who did this to you, for he showed no mercy to you or Marcus, then I shall show no mercy to him. Alexis thought, getting a shot on the squad leader’s rifle arm while he ordered troops forward, Chase taking this as a signal to relay orders to the squad:

“Spark, Harem, Tarnok, Dodge, get over to Davis’ position, he’ll cover you along with Charlie and Harvey. Spark, once you guys are in position, rushes back down the stairs and poison the water supply, Kortax will provide you guys with directions, and here’s the dosage.” Alexis saw the dosage being handed over to Spark and pocketed for safety as she squeezed off a few shots upon a peeking Candy trooper, reloading her E-11 with a fresh clip.

Then after all had been said, the squad concentrated their fire upon Candy troopers either peeking over cover, revealing their arms or legs or running from a torn away cover. Alexis, however, concentrated on healing the squad and firing at the exposed body parts of Candy troopers, as injuries came here and there with risky moves made by sharpel and switches to other cover that haven’t been blown away, all the while seeing Spark, Harem, Tarnok and Dodge go one by one to Davis’ position, who had been covering the four quite well without revealing his actual position. At last, as they all made their way to the stairs, they went back down the steep stairs to the water supply down below in the water plant.

“Good luck, guys, make us proud, and watch your backs, it won’t be long before Candy squad figures out some of us have gone back down to poison the water supply, especially with the lessening of fire upon them.” Chase said to Spark’s team, firing upon moving Candy troopers, who had to take cover elsewhere.

Alexis agreed along with the rest of the squad, getting hit by a blaster bolt on her left arm as she ran to Private Harvey’s position, it wasn’t deep, but it still got the skin peeled off as she turned to Private Harvey’s shoulder first and then onto her light wound. She saw the man who had hit her, the squad leader, appraently a sergeant, who had killed Alema. There he is, the bastard who killed you, Alema. He has already hit me too; maybe once he’s seen the look of revenge in my eyes will he see what he has done and start that fear that always will haunt him till he dies. Alexis noted in her mind as she started firing upon his position, just wishing that he would raise his head for his death, hoping that once he’s dead, Alema will rest in peace.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 18, 2008 3:08:12 PM)]
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  294
July 18, 2008 1:30:12 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Detric watched as the members of Absolut squad turned around and returned fire. But he didn’t much care; all he cared about was making sure that they didn’t get to the water supply. Duracrete and steel fragments littered the air and ground as the firefight soon burned into a vicious stalemate just to keep the other side from taking any ground. Gaines was busy running back and forth between the wounded, firing his DL-44 as he ran for cover and for his fallen comrades. Detric slammed a fresh cartridge of ammo into the blast chamber and stared down the sight. Okay, you rat bastards, give something. Anything. Detric saw an arm and fired sending a cascade of energy bolts towards a Stormtrooper, hitting a shoulder and hearing a scream. Detric looked up and saw what appeared to be the medic running towards the wounded trooper. Detric swung his rifle up and opened fire, but the medic managed to duck just as the bolts would have hit her helmet. He cursed and started to fire again on cover, hopefully to drive them out. Then, out of the corner of his eye, Detric saw movement: they were Stormtroopers, and they were making a run for the stairs. His eyes widened as he realized what was happening. He swore as he turned around to Uzen and pointed to the door.

“Uzen! They’re making their move! Take Hoffman, Trevers, Pottes and Denex down to the water treatment room! Do NOT let them anywhere near that machine! GO!”

Uzen got up and grabbed the handful of soldiers that would be his team and made his way for the door, strafing as he went and covering his men. Detric turned back to the firefight just as a blaster bolt struck the duracrete wall behind him. He brought the rifle back up and looked down the sight. C’mon, show me something to fear.

--- --- --- ---

Brace Trevers’ heart was pounding. As they raced down the stairs after Absolut squad, who was three flights of stairs ahead of them, Brace somewhat his inward request for an actual firefight. As he ran down the stairs and looked down, he could see the white armor of the Stormtroopers making a b-line for the water supply room. Brace took out his Power-5 and aimed, firing off a shot that struck the wall next to the head of one of the Stormtroopers. The Stormtroopers looked up, and their eyes met. Brace could tell his eyes were full of rage, just as his own. But they both knew that there was a job to be done. The Stormtroopers turned around and ran after his squad. They hit the floor running, opening the door and leaving Candy squad behind. Uzen picked up the pace and hit the floor; Brace was right behind him. They blew past the open door and into the sewers, looking around for any trace of their quarry. Brace looked up and saw a small flash of white turn around a corner. He ran off, and Candy squad was soon behind him. Uzen was sprinting now, keeping up with Brace step for step on the other side of the sewer. Brace stopped at the end of the path and leveled his rifle to fire, but what he saw wasn’t a retreating force: it was a lone Stormtrooper with his rifle raised. Brace widened his eyes as the Stormtrooper pulled the trigger. Brace widened his eyes as several blaster bolts pounding into his chest, shredding armor and tissue. As he fell to the ground, dying, Brace could only hope that Candy squad made it in time.

--- --- --- ---

Uzen watched as Brace went down. His horror soon turned to rage as he turned the corner and let out a furious yell and opened fire with his rifle, shredding the door to pieces that led into the treatment plant. He jumped over to the fallen soldier. He put his fingers to his neck to check for a pulse, but Uzen already knew that there wasn’t one. He lifted his fingers and commed in to Detric.

“Detric, Brace Trevers was hit on the way down tot the water treatment plant. He… he didn’t make it.”

There was silence on Detric’s end; Uzen could only guess that he was trying to take in the information and not let it cloud his mind in the battle. Then he answered.

“Then don’t let his death be in vain. Get in there and give them hell. Kill every last one fo them.”

Uzen nodded. “Understood. Uzen out.”

Uzen turned to the squad; they looked horrified that one of their own had just gone down right in front of their eyes. Uzen knelt down next to Brace’s lifeless body. “Be at peace brother. We’ll give them hell for you.”

Uzen looked back again and saw that the horror on the faces of the troopers had turned to cold determination and rage. Despite what had happened, that was what Uzen needed from his men right now. He jumped over to the door and ran into the room. He could see Absolut squad taking their positions around the treatment plant. He kicked over a desk, and in turn most of Absolut squad turned to look at him. Candy squad all rushed in and took cover around various desks and cubicle walls. Uzen raised his rifle and said two words:

“For Brace!”

Candy squad shouted the same words in a loud chorus of anger and regret. And in unison, Candy Squad pulled the triggers on their rifles, lighting up the room in a cacophony of red light.
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  668
July 18, 2008 5:08:53 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OOC:
I will switch Private Tarnok with Private Harvey to be able to narrate what happens down in the treatment plant. And I hope Tanus won’t mind me taking a few more lives.

The fight on the roof continued as blaster bolts torned up the roof with holes in the walls, and vent or duct cover blown away by blaster fire, plus metal table and desks flying all over the place. Alexis could see from Chase’s eyes that he knew it was a stalemate; no side could quite get an advantage with each side pinning each other down with blaster fire. Alexis made her way to the next wounded man, who was Lance Corporeal Charlie, the other heavy weapons specialist above on the roof besides Private Tarnok, whom she had just healed, while ducking blaster bolts from the Candy squad sergeant, firing back at him with precision on his rifle hand, and seeing a couple of Candy troopers march on down the stairs, Chase just managing to see them go down the stairwell.

“Sparks, watch your backs, there are five Candy troopers on your ass. Get going, Don’t look back, avoid getting shot on the way, come back safe, and remember, for Alema!” Alexis thanked Chase for the gesture, but Chase thanked her more for the inspiration to create that war cry. I just hope that the Candy sergeant, whom I will remember the voice and image of in that control room, will get his mark soon, very soon, before he dies a slow and painful death, which I will be more than willing to give.

---------------

Private Harvey had been in his first fight, avoided a near touch of death on the stairwell with a blaster bolt landing on the wall near his head, and killed his first Republic trooper, surprising him as it carried him to his death, probably hoping for his squadmates’ arrival. Harvey carried out a war cry too as the other Candy troopers charged in, it was what he had heard in Sparks’ comlink on the way down the stairs:

“FOR ALEMA! We shall slaughter these bastards to pieces!”

Harvey took cover with Davis behind a round table, firing upon the two Candy troopers covering the two troopers behind cubicule walls; they got into cover immediately, ducking to avoid Harvey’s fire. Harvey quickly reloaded and continued suppressing them, Davis doing the same with the nearest trooper near the cubicule wall.

“Keep at the fire, Harvey and Davis!” Harvey heard Sparks cheer on them as he relayed softly to Private Dodge on the comlink:

“Harem’s about to hand you a grenade, stuff it in that trooper that we’re going to suppress whenever you’re ready.”

Harvey suppressed even harder with a pistol along with his A280, watching as Private Dodge received the grenade from Harem behind her and Sparks’ cover, and rolling out to flank the Candy trooper with Spark and Harem suppressing him. Blaster shots came at Private Dodge, but he seems to keep going as he stabbed his vibrobayonet in the Candy trooper’s stomach and stuffing the grenade down his mouth, the clip taken off.

“See you guys in hell!”Harvey heard Dodge's last words with pain as both of them exploded, spilling blood and other digusting stuff all over, including the other side of the round table that Harem and Sparks was behind and it reminded him of killing his own girlfriend for revealing Imperial secrets, but he kept the tears of his hurtful feelings inside his eye. Then the trooper behind the nearby cubicule wall surprised the Absolut squad by getting real angry about Candy dying two troopers on the same battle and went without guidance out of cover, shooting Davis to death with two swift blaster bolts to the head. Harvey got pissed about the revengeful act and blows the trooper’s brains out with two shotgun shots from the sawned off slug shotgun he had in his heavy weapons pack, switching back quickly to his pistol.

Harvey then saw the two Corporeals then stopped their firing to relay carefully to their squad leader the situation at the same time, one of them, Sparks calming down Harem shaking from the shock:

“Detric, Uzen here. Two more have died, it’s Hoffman and Denex.”
    “Chase, it’s Sparks, we have made it to the treatment plant, but met resistance, Davis and Dodge have sacrificied for the mission and now it’s just two left.”

-------------------------

“Good, you have my permission to kill the both of them quickly, before they react, alright?” Alexis heard the message and Chase’s reply, a few minutes later a quick reply back with bad news from Sparks:

"They're firing back, it's gonna be another hardcore firefight here, Chase, but we've managed to poison the water supply. Wish us luck with this battle, we've already lost so much!"

By this time Alexis had just gotten a blaster bolt on the squad leader, named Detric by Harvey’s comlink message, leaving quite the deep mark on his rifle hand and getting quite the angry slam from his other hand as the medic tended to him.Thank you, Harvey, I’ll be sure to remember that name, Detric, the name that I will repeat one last time for Alema. Alexis said to herself as she cried the war cry once again, tears, unoticed by her, trickling down her face:

“For Davis, Dodge, and most of all, FOR ALEMA!”
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 18, 2008 5:09:45 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 18, 2008 5:10:56 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 18, 2008 5:13:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 20, 2008 1:30:56 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 20, 2008 1:33:24 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  946
Total Posts:  1849
July 19, 2008 3:02:49 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The reports of deaths were coming in thick and fast. At some point Chase had stopped hearing the names, and even the squad they were from, he just got the sickening feeling that another life had been taken. He didn't want anyone else to die, he wished he could just finish the mission and leave, but what would never happen.

More bolts ripped apart from the walls Chase had hid behind, and he quickly realised how revealed he was. Almost confirming that, a blaster bolt from somewhere across the roof ripped through his shoulder, and he hit the deck screaming in pain.

"Sir! you ok!?" He heard Kortax cry "I'll call Alexis!"

"No its fine, just keep those guys pinned down!" Chase shouted back, pushing a hand down on his injured arm. It hadn't hit him that deeply, or at least he hoped. It was bleeding quite badly, but he could still move it, which appeared to be a good thing. He'd never been shot before, and he hoped he never would. Not the time to be lingering on it though.

Holding his rifle as best he could, he let off a volley of shots across to where the few remaining members of Candy were. The wall broke to pieces, and he heard someone cry out. It didn't seem like a cry of pain, so he kept firing at the remaining pieces of the wall, slowly working his way along. Yanking a grenade from his pocket, he threw it across to the decimated wall, and watched it rip what was left of it clean from the ground. He used the shock effect from the grenade to finally be able to rise his head, so he had a look around.

He could see two or three NR soldiers hid behind the stairway on their left, shielding their eyes from the blast. Without thinking he fired a volley of shots at them. In his blind rage, his aim was far from perfect, and given the chance to kill all three, he simply managed to get one of them in the kneecap. The other two quickly dragged him further behind cover while Chase juggled with ammo cartridges.
=================Army===================
Senior Sergeant Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
-=Assistant Squad Leader=-
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
ASL/SSGT Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
===========================================
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  296
July 20, 2008 2:00:42 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Uzen saw as two more of his troopers went down. He couldn’t remember their names at the moment, and at the moment he didn’t really care; all he wanted was to keep himself and Pottes alive long enough to keep Absolut squad from adding the poison to the water supply. But if they did, the mission would be all but over. He could not live with that failure, coupled with the loss of his men. He’d be sure to live on, and he’d be sure to get them a good burial. But he couldn’t think about that now; he had to concentrate on the Imperials. He slammed a fresh clip into his A280 and looked over the desk as energy bolts flew around the room. He started firing in cross paterns, just to keep the Imperials at bay; Pottes was concentrating on keeping them far away from the water supply. Pottes ducked down as he slammed a fresh clip into his rifle and turned up and over and started firing again. Damnit, the odds aren’t great. It’s a two-on-three. I only hope we can manage this for a little while longer until Detric pulls something big, Uzen thought.

Uzen took out his pistol and started to fire at the cover that the Imps were using. If I can drive them out, maybe I can even the odds a little. Blaster bolts from Uzen’s pistol and rifle ripped into desks and walls all around the Imperials, sending showers of plaster into the air and on to the combatants. The air was thick with smoke. Uzen crouched down again to reload his blaster pistol when he saw movement off to his right. He turned to see a lone Stormtrooper aiming around the wall. That was not smart, even for you, Uzen thought as he swung his pistol around and fired. Bolts of yellow plasma hit the wall behind the Stormtrooper, showering him with plaster and duracrete. He ducked his head behind the cubicle wall as the volley came dangerously close to his head. But Uzen was determined to get a kill; he was determined to avenge Brace and his men. He ducked around the wall opposite of the Stormtrooper. Uzen’s heart was pounding; he just needed the right moment. As the Stormtrooper turned his head around the wall, Uzen slammed the grip of his pistol into the troopers face, sending him sprawling against the wall. As he went to reach for his rifle, Uzen pulled the trigger, putting he shots in the trooper’s chest.

“That was for Brace and my men.”

Uzen crouched around the wall and took aim at the cover once more. But one thing happened that he did not expect: both of his cartridges were spent. As he fumbled for new cartridges, Uzen heard a scream; Pottes had been shot in the shoulder. When he looked back over, a lone Stormtrooper got up and ran for the water supply. Uzen’s eyes widened as he tossed his pistol and managed to slam a fresh clip into his rifle. He pulled the trigger and opened fire. Pottes had managed to get back up and fired as well. But they were too late. The poison was already in the supply. Uzen eyes widened. I’ve failed. What have I done…? As Uzen sat there, eyes wide and struck with grief, and alarm was going off in the technical room upstairs.

--- --- --- ---

Devon Blastone’s ears were ringing. It seemed as if every alarm in the facility was going off at once, and for all he knew, they may have been. Technicians and engineers were running all around the room, issuing orders and pressing buttons in the hopes that the water supply would be turned off in time. And it was Devon’s job to make sure it did. He started typing as fast as his fingers would let him, his mind and heart racing. The only thought running through his head was that he had to make it in time; if he didn’t, a lot of people would die, and he could not live with that on his conscience. He started opening up programs he never thought he’d have to use, programs he thought were just there for show. Bit when they first picked up that there were toxins in the water supply, Devon finally understood what the programs were for. An engineer came running up to him and grasped him on the shoulder.

“You have 41 seconds before a lot of people could be dead. Start typing faster damnit. All engineers to the pump room! Go!”

Devon looked at the engineer wide eyed for a second. Of course I know that you idiot. Thanks for the words of encouragement. He looked back to his computer and saw the word EXECUTE on the screen in bold green lettering. He clicked the button. Within seconds he saw the words ANTI-TOXINS ADDED. STABLIZATION COMMENCING. Devon looked at the clock. He just hoped that the engineers made it in time. Within seconds of his thought, a voice came across the loudspeaker:

“Water supply stopped. The anti-toxins are added. We made it!”

Cheers erupted from the room and hugging and handshakes commenced all around. Devon could just sit there and take a drink from his flask. After that experience, he could use a drink.

BlackJackSquad

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  671
July 20, 2008 4:14:03 PM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
The war cry carried out around Chase’s team up on the roof, strengthening their morale and keeping them strong as they continued firing on the remaining Candy members. Alexis finished bandaging Elara on the leg, which she reminded not to get it infected to make the wound worse. She then saw Chase’s confusing and undecidable that usually made a squad leader bewildered, watching him letting off a volley of fire and a grenade to destroy the wall cover and continued to fire blindly into the remaining Candy troopers while being wounded. Alexis knew what was going on in his mind, even though she had put her revenge aside for the squad, Chase wanted that revenge more than she did, and he would do anything to get it, that was his personality, she read him better than Alema did, her husband was also like that, so stubborn.

“Sir, it’s Sparks, we’ve poisoned the water supply but bad news, Harvey got killed by the Candy assistant squad leader Uzen and now we’re even with the water supply being anti-toxined, we’re trying very hard to deal with them here, I think we’re gonna need backup.”

“Backup is not an option, Sparks, we’re busy enough taking care of Detric’s team, alright? Throw a grenade or something, you’re a stormtrooper, you’ve got a brain, so use it to get yourself out of there and find out where the water supply was anti-toxined. We need to reverse it, so I think we’ll need to flush out the water cache that the plant has now and retoxin it, but that’ll be worthless if Candy squad decides to treat it again, so take care of your end and I’ll take of mine, understand?”

“Got it, Sir, we’ll get right on it.” Alexis listened to Spark’s reply on the other end before being told: “Alexis heard about the sergeant’s name from Harvey, that was my intention, you don’t need to thank me, just doing what squadmates should be doing for each other.”

“Well, still, I have to thank you anyways. “ Alexis thanked with a smile on her face that she hadn’t shown since Alema’s death.

Chase keyed off the comm. conversation and turned to Alexis, waving her over, said allowingly:

“Now, get my shoulder fixed up before it gets infected, alright, Alexis? Thanks for waiting patiently.”

Alexis did so, thinking about the near but yet so far success of the mission in her mind. Your sacrifice wasn’t vain, Alema, we’re almost complete with the mission. But for the squad, I think we should put our revenge aside for now, but we shall have him suffer for it soon.

-------------------

Sparks calmed Harem down from another death as he drived back Uzen from flanking the two, as he relayed to Chase the situation and received his orders, he suddenly had a plan.

“Harem, keep calm, we’ll get Uzen back for it, but not on him that is, on his mate Pottes. Judging by his furious eyes, he doesn’t like to see his mates get killed. So we have his weakness in our hands, let’s use it to find out where they are anti-toxining the poison and flush it, alright?” Sparks explained his plans, comforting Harem to keep her in the battle. She nodded and Sparks commenced the attack with covering fire to Uzen and Pottes’ position, he could feel Harem’s shaken hands, but they still did their jobs as Uzen and Pottes’ position was up in smoke.

Then Sparks reloaded and fired blindly to confuse the two Candy troopers even more, as they coughed and shed tears from the gas’ effects. Sparks took up the intative and gestured Harem to grab Pottes, while he aimed at Uzen, who knew that the jig was up and was led out of the room for interrogation.

“I’ll never tell you fools where to reverse the process, you’ll kill innocent lives just to get your way.” Uzen resisted stubbornly as with one nod by Sparks, Harem squeezed on Pottes’ shoulder wound and shot both her kneecaps to force her on her knees.

“You’d never kill her, you’d never….” Uzen looked horrified at their eagerness to do so.

After that Sparks convinced Uzen, taking out his datapad: “I’ll let her live and you two go to your squad leader on the roof if you tell me where they’re applying the anti-toxins and how to flush the water cache.”

“There’s a man in this room here, his name is Devon Blastone, he’ll work you through the process, just let her go and we’ll never bother you again, please.” Uzen showed to Sparks on the datapad map of the complex as he begged for mercy, Sparks didn’t take it in one bit as he told his final words before execution:

“I’m sorry, but that’s just too much of a risk, I’ll let you, Corporeal, go back to report to your sorry ass mommy of a squad leader though. As for her, she has to die for us to have no interruption in our retoxining.”

Sparks relieved Uzen of his weapons, kicking him away back to the rooftop as he ordered Harem to shoot Pottes dead, and she did, quite angrily, wasting at least a whole clip before Sparks could calm her nerves down. Now their next action was to get to the room that Uzen talked about and tried to reverse this whole process while Chase, hopefully, can annilate or force Candy squad to retreat.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 20, 2008 4:36:34 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1140
Total Posts:  1305
July 20, 2008 11:22:23 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Uzen choked back angry tears and ran for his life. The imperials had made the mistake of letting him go. He had nothing on his mind except a plan for revenge. He would kill everyone he could. He would avenge Pottes.

He stumbled and made his way to the rooftops almost on auto-pilot. He could hardly see anything through the tears welling up in his eyes, and was in a lucid state from having seen Pottes shot to pieces in front of him, and from coming so close to death himself.

"Uzen!" Detric had a bewildered look on his face. It was almost as if he had seen a ghost. He wasn't completely wrong.

"They...got Pottes" Uzen collapsed in front of his Squad Leader and coughed out blood. Apparently the imperials had roughed him up a little more than he had thought. Detric's group came forward to help.

Gaines waved everyone else away and began to closely examine Uzen. The grave expression on his face wasn't exactly reassuring.

On his back now, Uzen was breathing in quick shallow breaths, and tried to piece together what had happened for Detric.

"They came from nowhere..." Tears began to well up in his eyes again. "Before i knew it, they had shot Pottes. They got the toxin in the water supply. They killed the rest of the group. I've failed you."

Detric put a hand on Uzen's shoulder, and Uzen looked away in shame.

"We got the anti-toxins in. The water supply is safe... for now. The news about Pottes and the rest of your group is grave, but if we give up now their deaths will have been in vain." He was being extremely calm and understanding given the situation, but he was right. There was no point in abandoning the operation now.

"There is a chance, however, that the imperials could compromise the water supply again. They'd have to get to the plant technician."

"We can't let them do that," said Gaines, still staring intently at Uzen for any sign of serious injury.

"No... is Uzen going to be alright?" inquired one curious trooper in the back of the group.

"Well..." Gaines finished patching up a few cuts and grazes on Uzen. He wrapped his entire torso in bandages.

"Looks like he'll be okay, although don't expect him to be diving through windows or anything like that. His ribs are bruised up pretty bad. I'm pretty surprised they weren't broken. This blast plating is good for something after all."

Uzen stood up slowly and put his blast plating back on. The hatred for Sparks and Harem was still burning in his heart. He wanted blood.

"Let's get these bastards, Detric. Let's kill every single one of those imperial dogs."
Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 

TRP/SFC Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  297
July 21, 2008 12:10:10 AM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Detric looked around at the roof. Somehow the Imperials had managed to make it by them and down the stairs, and based on Uzen’s description of the situation, it seemed they were going for the plant engineers. Detric sneered a little bit at that notion. IF they want to get to the engineers, they are going to get through the facility itself, and that won’t be easy. And those engineers are no slouched either. I hope those Imps are ready for a fireworks show. Detric went for his pistol and grabbed the spare ammunition and tossed it all to Uzen. Uzen looked up at Detric with a sense of awe.

“Can’t have my men running around unarmed. Men, arm up and get ready. We’re going in.”

Detric was first, followed by Gaines and Uzen, then by the others. They went down the stairs and into the sewers. They had to get there way back into the main facility. Detric turned on his helmet light and looked to the left and right; no one was around. He assumed the Imperials were already making it inside, or were on the inside already. As soon as he started to step, he heard the klaxons blaring. Detric didn’t have time to think about anything anymore; he broke off into a run.

--- --- --- ---

The door to the interior was blown off of its hinges and carbon score marks went down the hallway; a firefight had already begun. Detric stuck his head out with Uzen aiming over his shoulder. He looked down to the left and saw the bodies of two troopers, caught unaware by the attack. Red lights streamed down the hallway, lighting up the shadows of Candy squad. They ran forward and fanned out in cover positions. We have to do this right, and we have to do it right the first time. If they get to the engineers or the technicians before we do, we’re doomed. Detric pulled out his datapad and tapped into the base’s security net. From what he saw, the first three security checkpoints had been breached, and from that Detric wagered that everyone along those passageways were dead. He pulled up his rifle and checked his ammo; he still had plenty of shots. Detric knew that he would need everyone of them. He made his way down the hallway, Candy squad flanking his movements.

Detric made sure that his movements were calculated; if he slipped up just once, it was all over. As he made his way further down, passed bodies and shattered glass, the sound of blaster fire became more and more loud. And it soon became apparent to Detric what the source was: it was Absolut squad, but contrary to what Detric had first thought, it was not a slaughter. Detric pulled out his datapad one more time and tapped into the cameras. What he saw startled and pleased him. The engineers had taken defense in one of the many technical rooms, with the technicians holed up in the room behind cover. There were several bodies on the floor, presumably those of the scientists and personnel, but the engineers were holding their own. But Detric didn’t want to chance for how long. Detric turned to the squad.

“Okay, the deal is that the engineers have managed to keep the rest of the Imperials at bay for now. And for safety’s sake, I don’t want to leave them alone much longer. The room behind the Imperials has been blown out, presumably so they can sue it as cover, and a few of them have. I say we get in the back way and crash the party. Gaines, Vla’ask, you two take point. Uzen and I will stick behind you. The rest of you, create a diversion. Get creative.”

As they fanned off, Detric turned and looked at Luchivik, who had taken command of the rest of his men. Behind the wall, they had good cover, which was just what Detric needed. Luchivik looked over to Detric, who nodded and gave him a thumbs-up. Luchivik nodded and gave his men the signal. As Detric turned around, he heard the burst of blaster fire and swearing down the hall. Detric smiled. I’m going to enjoy this. As the Imperials started to draw fire from two positions, the remainder of Candy squad came in from behind and dropped behind a line of computers, both shattered and not. Detric brought his weapon up across his chest and offered a small prayer. When he was done, he looked over at Uzen and the others: Uzen’s eye danced with rage, while the others were filled with cold determination. Detric looked up and let out a deep breath. Then, with all the strength and anger he could muster, he stood up and opened fire, firing at the back’s of the Imperials. One of the Stormtroopers went down in a hail of blaster bolts and rage. Detric moved on to the next one, but they had ducked and went for cover. That’s right you bastards. Hide. Right now, that’s the only thing that may let you live long enough before I fill your skull with plasma.

BlackJackSquad

[This message has been edited by Tanus Solvona (edited July 21, 2008 12:11:18 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  951
July 21, 2008 11:15:24 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Someone went down, but it happened too fast for Kortax to react. He just dived behind cover, taking anyone around him along for the ride, before returning fire on their attackers. A few faces were visible before they hid away again, it was definetely Candy squad.

"Everyone report!" Kortax shouted, letting out a barrage towards Candy squad, the computers in front of them ripping into tiny pieces. The engineers had seemed to stop firing, they'd probably ran, however he didn't blame them. Made things easier as well.

He barely had time to comprehend the voices being thrown back to him in response admist the gunfight. No more shots were actually hitting their mark, luckily, so he could kind of relax. Just then a blaster bolt took away several strands of his hair, so he changed his mind. He looked across to Chase for guidance on what to do.

No Chase. He looked left, and then he looked right, and Chase was nowhere to be seen in the room.

"Chase, come in" He called, still looking around for a response. There was a crackle of a radio nearby, and he looked down to where they had just fled. Chase's body was sat in a pool of his own blood, a blank stare drunkenly guided at the ceiling. His blaster was still resting at his side, he'd been killed pretty much instantly. Least there was no pain.

There was no time to panic, and no time to get upset about it, the squad needed him.

"Absolut, Chase is down, so I'm taking command. Where is everyone?"

The deadly silence just made the situation seem more and more realistic, to the point where it was becoming hard for Kortax to keep back the tears. He was scared. Chase was still quite a young Squad Leader, and Kortax was a new ASL, he was expecting at least a few years under his command before having to go out solo. And then, just like that, he was in charge. He'd had no training, but now he had to get everyone out alive.

"Most of us are huddled in the opposite corner to you Kortax, by where the engineers used to be. They fled the moment Candy showed up"

Another voice, but Kortax didn't know who it was.

"Alright guys, I'm making my way across, give me some covering fire" Kortax shouted. "Oh, and make those basterds hurt for what they've done"
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  535
July 21, 2008 2:25:03 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Gaines knelt behind a corner covered in muck, swamp water and other horrible substances he didn't want to think about. The engineers had made a run for it which was just as well because they might need them a bit later repairing the facility.

He looked at the indicator on his rifle which told him he only had thirteen shots left in his energy pack. Ejecting the pack out onto the floor it slid away across the corridor a tiny hiss came from the loading compartment as the gasses cooled down the weapon. Gaines slipped another power pack into the holder and slapped the end of it to make sure it was secure.

Looking around for the rest of his squad he noticed a few down the corridor. A few crouched behind him. He was right at the corner which meant he'd be the one who'd have to go. Glancing around the corner he could see the body of a dead imperial. There was nothing else.

"Can't see anything sir," he said into the mouthpiece hovering by his chin.

"Right they've stopped firing too. Get ready to go."

Gaines stood up and was just about to leap around the corner when a hand rapped around his neck and pulled him back. He struggled for a moment think the enemy had somehow impossibly gotten behind him when he heard the sound of blaster fire. Lasers flew shot past in front of him. He put his thumbs up to the trooper behind him not wanting to turn around in case the enemy ran around the corner. He leaned out and began firing. When a spattering of fire hit the wall beside Gaines he pulled back.

"Looks like they're regrouping," Gaines said

"Right they're in a group, lets get 'em then," Gaines heard over the com then watched as a frag flew down the corridor.
Give me a hundred Space Marines.
  Or Failing that give me a thousand other troops.

-Attributed to Rogal Dorn,
  Primarch of the Imperial Fists.
TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image  Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  672
July 22, 2008 10:00:55 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Alexis took quick action as she threw the grenade back at Luckivik, which quickly blew up beside them with some of their team members retreating as she followed the rest of Absolut spreading out inside where the engineers used to be in the tech room. Bastards, hope you all rot in hell for that sneaky move, you won’t be getting past my fast reaction without ending up with plasma in your fricking head! Alexis sneered in her mind as Kortax remarked Alexis with a pat on the back, turning her around to be with the gathered squad far away from the

“Nice job, Alexis, you did good.” He turned to the rest of the Absolut squad members, saying, holding back his sadness and being strong while looking back to see if Candy squad had sneaked up on them or not: “Alright people, let me see who’s still alive, me, Elara, Tarnok, Alexis, Sparks, Harem, and Charlie, alright. The enemy, according to the list that Sparks interrogated from Uzen,” Sparks transferred the list onto his datapad as he continued, looking at the list, “Detric, Uzen, Luchivik, Vla’ask, Jacbsan, Gaines, Travias, and Orda. We’re outnumbered only by one, but that grenade Alexis threw back could’ve killed one of them. Alright, they must be suppressing us and flanking us, we’ll have to flank back.” Alexis watched him press a few buttons as he formulated a plan, and finally said:

“The map shows that there are back ways to the technical rooms, so that’s how they must be flanking us, they must be split up into two teams. Lance Corporeal Alexis, do you know where they are?”

“I spotted some firing from that room that we’ve blown, it’s Luchivik’s team, I think, I’ve seen the pictures and the list, and the other one is the squad leader, Detric’s team, I think I heard a painful cry, probably a cry of death when I came in here. They’ll probably decide to attack anyway.”

“Alright, thank you, Alexis, now, Charlie, Tarnok, and I will cover your backs.  Keep them from getting into this room, at all costs, alright? Good luck, guys, you’ll need it.” He finished explaining his plan, turning the comlink back on as Alexis watched him fire upon the cover where Luchivik’s team once took, getting fire right back at them. Alexis took cover behind a machine near the side entrance of the tech room as she heard Kortax said on the comlink, occasionally peeking back at Sparks while firing at Luchivik’s team:

“They’re still at that dead spot, there must be a hallway there to retreat or they wouldn’t stay in that position, the damn bastards Sparks, what are you doing?”

“Arming a thermal detonator, the only way for them to get through now is to come through here, this is the only other entrance according to the map.” Sparks responded as he finished arming the detonator and got back quickly to cover behind a machine beside Alexis’, telling the squad quietly to get ready, Alexis sense in his eyes that they were coming and fast.

She waited for the signal to blow the explosive with the trigger in her left hand as she prepared with the A280 she had picked up from Harvey’s dead body, her E-11 rifle holstered. Don’t worry, Harvey, I’ll revenge them for you, and I know you didn’t want to kill her, but the Empire thought she was a liability in this whole thing, quite the liability.

She suddenly heard the door silently open and triggered the explosive almost immediately, firing her A280 at two squad leaders who had escaped the blast, retreating, hitting the squad leader in the side, but still unable to stop his quick footsteps. The two protecting them had died with their insides seeping out, and more concentrated firepower rained in her ears as she turned with tears on her face, again tumbling down, seeing Kortax drag a wounded Tarnok back from the squad as Alexis tended to his wounded shoulder and side, with Sparks taking Charlie and continuing on to flank the rest of Candy squad. I had him, I almost had him, the damn bastard, why does he always have to run away from me, I had you, you should die for this, why are you still alive?! Alexis reflected with regret as tears continue to roll down her cheeks, with her tending to Tarnok’s more serious injury on his shoulder.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  952
July 22, 2008 2:02:38 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
OOC:
Im going to have to ask everyone to ignore Jenns last post for now, there is an issue with it

Kortax ducked under another barrage of gunfire, suddenly realising it was happening far too often. In his blind panic, he had failed to realise bunching the squad back together was a very bad idea. Now they were just being circled, and very soon, were being blown to pieces.

Looking around, they didn't have much room to work with. The engineers had done a pretty good job of barricading the place. There was a circular table forming the center of the room, very similar to the one back in the outflow control room. The main bulk of Absolut had taken positions there, with one or two just outside, letting off covering bursts of fire whenever they had a gap.  All the doors had been barricaded with furniture, seemingly from a staff room, except for the door immediately behind them, where the engineers had made their escape. They could get out that way, but they risk an ambush. Then again, if they stayed where they were they would inevitably be taken down.

"Elara! Sparks!" Kortax called to two of his troopers outside of the inner table. "Both of you get a detonator ready. On my call, Elara will throw hers over at Candy, and Sparks will throw his through the doorway behind me. The moment Spark's detonator goes off, we charge through the debris. Everyone clear?"

The looks on the squad's faces confirmed that they all beleived running through a detonator blast was madness. The beads of sweat across their foreheads however also confirmed that they had'nt had any better ideas, so Kortax didn't bother explaining the method behind his thinking. The detonators would, if they were lucky, kill some Candy squad members, but would at least cause them, and possibly the poised for ambush engineers, to have to dive for cover, and that would give them a short timespan with which to escape and regroup. The squad was in disarrary, and everyone around them, including his own troopers, knew it. He just needed a few minutes to gather them up, explain whats going on and whats going to happen, and how it will happen. He hoped that would be enough to pull them through the dark patch. He waited till a gap in Candy's fire.

"Everyone ready?"
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
[This message has been edited by Kanderin Draken (edited July 22, 2008 2:04:20 PM)]
Helena
ComNet Novice

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  508
July 22, 2008 2:56:40 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Elara gulped before wiping the bead of sweat away from her face which seemed to be trailing down her forehead, leaving it shiny. She heavily breathed before nodding to Kortax. He gave everyone a hand sign and nodded briefly signalling the squad to be ready.

“Elara, go!” Kortax screeched over the loudness of the squabbling.

Elara clenched her hand which held the detonator; she firmly grasped it in her palm and looked at it closely. Her heart was racing, she could feel it running into over drive and her mind was racing. It felt like time had stood still and it was just her. She quickly grabbed the bomb and looked at Candy squad. The determination on her face showed through the anger and anxiousness. She aimed and threw the bomb towards Candy Squad, watching people ducking and diving out of the way.

“Quickly!” She shouted.

She quickly prodded Sparks, whom seemed to be in a state of shock. He froze before shaking his head and throwing his bomb in a daze. The bomb hit the floor just behind Kortax and the sound of ‘clink’ filled the area. This was a signal for Absolut squad to be ready to shift positions.

In unison both Sparks and Elara turned to each and smirked. They both pressed a thumb onto the button. The squad covered their ears as both bombs were activated. Debris flew left right and centre.

“Okay guys, follow me!” Kortax shouted over the explosions.

Candy squad ducked and dived, trying to avoid the debris flying into their faces. The more they tried to avoid it, the more they were at risk of getting hit. Candy Troopers were being thrown against walls from the impact of the explosions. Some troopers were being impaled with broken glass and metal shards being projected from the blasts.

Candy Squad quickly shielded their faces from the smoke and shuffled in a group through the gap bearing the doors. They quickly sounded off names to make sure everyone was together before heading off.
   -=Wraith PRIDE=-    

TRP/PFC Helena/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  674
July 23, 2008 7:25:57 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OOC:
I hope this one is better than the last one.

Alexis holstered her E-11 rifle for the A280 heavy repeater that Harvey had been carrying that she picked up from his dead body with ammunition; she knew she had to revenge him, revenge him and Alema with the deaths of the two squad leaders, that way they’ll rest in peace. For the difference between her and Alema was the way they dealt with this situation, Alema never wanted to chase her murderers till they were dead, but Alexis did, no matter who it was for. One of the reasons she keeps her revenge aside for the squad is that she regrets being different from Alema, Alema was so happy, so optimistic, while Alexis was very bluesy, so for her mental health to be able to endure the losses of squad members, she had to sacrifice her little revenge scheme for the rest of her squad, and she finally figured that out as she watched these people die, especially Alema’s death moved her to this decision the most.

Alexis came back to reality then as a hand patted on her shoulders, it was Kortax’s, they were just out of the tech room and into the next one when they met some resistance from the technicians and the engineers, but they didn’t put up much of a fight as they weren’t so highly trained as the Absolut squad was, not as in cover as much as the Absolut squad was as they quickly retreated after a bit of battle. Kortax comforted Alexis as she wounded the rifle arm of the last standing engineer, forcing him to retreat:

“Hey, Alexis, you okay, you have a lot of tears on your face, god, if Alema was still alive to see that, what a weak little human you are.”

“Weak is a word I would rather not tempt to use, for Alema’s father was weak, weak to see that without strong action, the Empire can get any better and it ‘ll be more divided.”Alexis replyed pure-heartedly as if trying to express something, but then turned to ask, feeling the tears tumbling down her face: “So what’s our plan, Kortax, what are we doing?”

“Well, these guys won’t pose that much of a threat, but Candy squad will be coming, and these guys will retreat soon, we have to go on the offensive soon, otherwise we’ll be very passive and never get anything accomplished except lose more men. I know you guys are all sad in your own way, Alexis being the only one expressing her sorrow, but we have to do this for Chase, so let’s get to it, shall we?” Alexis heard him say, gathering the squad together, before quickly explaining the situation and his plan:

“Alright, from what we know and have gathered, these technicians and engineers have managed to anti-toxin the water supply, and they are led by a man named Devon Blastone, he’s the one that can help us dump this whole water cache and retoxin the water supply, but we have a problem, and that is Candy squad. It’s the only remaining force in this complex and if they aren’t dead, the water plant personnel won’t give up their resisitance, just like taking candy from a baby. So I say we quickly annialiate them, alright? So, my team will be me, Charlie and Tarnok, suppressing the incoming Candy squad in this room, we’ll fake them into thinking we’re still in battle with the engineers in this room. While this is happening, Sparks will take the rest of the squad to the previous room and flank them from behind by removing the barricade on the side entrance of that previous tech room, understand me?”

The squad yelled in agreement as Alexis led the squad in yelling the war cry to heighten their morale, while Alexis set off with Sparks, wishing Kortax luck, he did the same and they went off into the previous room, hearing blaster fire and footsteps coming their way.

----------------------------

Candy squad was also making their way over to the tech room that Absolut was once in, but with no luck since the front and side door were checked to be barricaded and silent, plus they heard blaster fire come from the room besides this one, so they assumed Absolut must have retreated and met resistance. This led Candy squad to walk slowly to the next tech room and possibly get to annihilate a whole bunch

-----------------------------

“They’ve taken the bait, squad leader, we’re going in for the kill, suppress them as hard as you can, squad leader, we wish you luck.” Alexis heard Sparks report quietly on the comlink as he led the squad carefully behind Candy squad’s back. Alexis heard Kortax respond as they were back behind the wall, where around the corner was Candy squad

“I wish you the same, Sparks, good luck, you have my permission to shoot and kill them all.” Blaster shots were heard, and Alexis was ordered by Sparks to take a peek over as soon as Candy squad went inside the room. She could see Candy squad was being suppressed for now, but it wouldn’t be long for them to take advantage with the numbers. She relayed the info to Sparks quickly and he signaled for a frag grenade from her as she threw it down by the Candy group outside the room. The final battle begins, I feel as excited as a general seeing his men in victory, for this mission we have sacrificed too much for this, and they must pay for it, with their lives.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 23, 2008 7:26:36 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  953
July 24, 2008 10:21:56 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
He took back what he said about needing just a few minutes of breathing space, he needed more like a few weeks. They'd met Candy squad again far sooner then he'd hoped. A few million years too soon, in all honesty.

Kortax fired a few more shots off at Candy squad, who had somehow found themselves cover in the hallway between the room Kortax's group had settled in and the one they had just left. The moment the firefight had started the had tried to pull back, but Tarnok had been at work on the controls in the area for some time, managing to activate the fire safety doors, locking them behind Candy the moment they had entered. Only temporairily however, until Spark's group could find themselves free to engage, in that time they would open, and Candy would be ripped apart from two sides.

Sure were taking their time though, and if it wasn't for the posiitonal advantage, Kortax would be in trouble. His group were outnumbered at least two to one by Candy, and everytime they got cocky they paid for it. Whenever anyone was forced to stop to reload, the fire from Candy would reach rididulous levels, bolts richocheting off computer panels and firedoors, barely avoiding fatally wounding anyone in the room.

Something caught Kortax's eye from between the joints of the table he was covering behind, the man that commanded Candy handing out some sort of instructions and hand signals. One caught his eye in particular, a finger pointing to the door to Absolut's right. He couldn't pinpoint off the bat what they were aiming for, but he could tell it wasn't good.

"Charlie! Aim a grenade into that hallway,we need them down now!"

He didn't need asking twice, and less than two or three seconds after the command was called, a grenade sailed over Kortax's head and landed at the feet one of Candy squad. Unfortunately, they saw it too soon, and the closest one kicked it back the moment it landed.

In those few moments, something happened to Kortax. He didn't know what, or how, but time seemed to slow down around him, and he saw the grenade trailing back towards him. He aimed his gun up at it, sailin gracefully through the sky, and let off one bolt of fire. It pierced right through the middle of the grenade, causing it to erupt immediately. Thats when time sped back up again, and both squads were blown off their feet.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1145
July 24, 2008 4:10:44 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
When Uzen's ears stopped ringing, he noticed that his squad leader, squad medic, and pretty much everyone besides him was laying flat on their backs, trying to prop themselves up or coughing violently.

He could hear almost an echo on the other side of the door, past the hallway. He was either hearing things, or the Imperials had also taken some damage from the grenade he had kicked back.

Uzen was so sure the grenade would blow his foot off that as soon as he made contact with it, he dove out of the way. His futile effort seemed to have paid off. The concussive blast had dazed him, but he was still on his feet.

As soon as he could get his bearings, he ran over to his squad and tried to help. Keeping his head low, he grabbed Gaines and dragged him safely around the corner. Detric collected himself and grabbed onto Nor, and the rest did likewise with whoever they could grab.

"So much for the element of surprise," grumbled Detric. The stress of battle was taking a toll on him, as with the other members of Candy squad.

"So what's the plan boss?" asked Uzen. He wasn't as livid about Pottes, but he still wanted revenge.

-------------

Gaines didn't have to look at himself to know that he was doing okay. His breathing wasn't constricted, and his head wasn't feeling light anymore. His vision hadn't blurred, and he could move without any pain.

If that grenade had exploded just a meter or two closer, however, things would have been much different. The scattering of the shrapnel would have shredded them to bits. The force of the blast increased exponentially the closer the grenade came to them. It would have added insult to an already ghastly injury.

He hovered around making sure everyone was okay.

They all had stern looks on their faces, like they would rather be home right now than fighting imperials in cramped spaces and having close brushes with death seemingly at every turn.

They all knew, however, that if they didn't stop the imperials many more people would suffer. They were willing to trade their lives to save several.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  675
July 25, 2008 8:45:58 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Alexis tried to hit one of the Candy troopers with her A280, but didn’t even get a shot on them as they rushed in and locked the door behind them. Sparks got really angry and pushed Alexis away to bang on the door, smacking the door using his legs with all his might, releasing his fury while he was doing it, Harem trying to calm him down from releasing his rage. God, he knows it would only take some thermal detonators to get that door open and he still pursues on kicking the darn thing open, still once he’s done releasing that anger, maybe he’ll be in his right mind----- A explosion of the other side of the door shook it and dust came from the roof above them, quite the close call for the Candy troopers on the other side, if it had gotten any closer, imagine what deadly wounds they’d find on the other side.

“Kortax, this is Sparks, you read me, answer if you do, over.” Sparks called on the comlink, holding himself against the doors, sweat dripping down his face onto the floor.

“Kortax here, Sparks, you okay, you sound tiring, have you been kicking the door, it looks kind of ovaled from here, but we have too many blaster shots sounds to even hear the door bang, how’s the feet taking the hit?” Kortax said, worriedly, as sounds of callout for head counts were heard.

“Not well, and it doesn’t get any better, this door is shut tight and made so that it’s real hard to take down by slamming it a dozen times, I’d do better with a couple of thermal detonators.” Sparks replyed, looking at the door he just slammed upon.

“Don’t do things out of anger, I know you from training, you’re smarter than that. Learn to control your anger, and release it at the right time; learn to be like Alexis, alright?” Kortax suggested, keeping his cool as the intense blaster fire was heard on the comlink once again.

“Alright, how’s your situation over there, Kortax? I heard a bit of groans, head counts, and now blaster fire, quite the recovery, quick and fast, though you probably won’t hold out long.” Sparks asked, keeping his ears focused on the door and his comlink.

“Oh we’re in quite the spot here, we’ve got quite the heavy blaster fire on us that we can’t even raise our head without getting shot, and you just heard quite the bang that could’ve ended on our side if I hadn’t fired at it. You have to get in here right now or we’ll be blasted to pieces, The bastards… they must have locked the doors temporarily, probably in case of a fire, get in here now as soon as possible, Sparks, that’s my orders and cut these bastards to pieces.” Kortax finally said with his serious and somewhat angry voice as Sparks keyed off.

Then Alexis was signaled by Sparks along with Elara to blow the door open with thermal detonators while the rest of the team was in the nearby hallway. They held the remote in their hands and blew it on command from Sparks, and went in with Sparks, throwing stun grenades all around. Have we reached the end of our mission, Alema? Then if we have them, we have them all to die, and may our soldiers be blessed in the afterlife, for we shall set them at peace. Alexis pray in her mind with blessings as she ran into with A280 fire blazing and yelling that familiar war cry that made them know why they came.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  299
July 25, 2008 12:14:45 AM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Detric grabbed on to Jacbsan and lifted himself up, using both the trooper and the wall as support. The blast from the detonator hadn’t harmed so much as it had knocked him senseless. In truth, he was angrier with himself than he was with the Imperials. Damn, I should’ve seen that one coming. Detric got up and slouched against the wall, rifle braced against his chest. He cracked his neck and looked around at his squad; they all seemed to be all right, but given their current opponents, Detric didn’t want to take any chances.

“Squad status. Is anyone dead or dying so we can toss you in the med lab?”

Gaines seemed to answer for all of them. “No. We’re all okay, save for getting the wind knocked out of us and maybe a few cuts and bruises. Beyond that, we’re okay to move. Whenever you’re ready boss.”

Detric bounced back off the wall and looked at his men; they had done well so far, and knew that they would only impress him further. He grabbed his rifle and checked to be sure that he had enough ammo. He looked over to Uzen, who nodded in grim agreement. Detric knew as best as any of them that it was time to end this little game.

--- --- --- ---

Nor Jacobson had seen quite a bit in his days as a soldier. He had fought in many campaigns to rid his world of the Empire when he was younger. But somehow these Imperials were different. They were more determined, and they sure as hell weren’t liked the other dregs he had fought years before. He looked around at the other squad members and was relieved to see that they were alive, albeit somewhat shaken. But he knew what was at stake, just as the rest of them did. And he knew that if it were required, he would give his life for the Republic he had sworn to protect.

Detric was getting tired, and as Nor could tell, so was the rest of the squad. These Imperials had a mission, this much was true, but so did Candy squad. Detric waved his hand forward for the squad to move out. Nor took point along with Hendal as they made their way down the corridor. It was blown out from the explosion of the detonator, with broken glass and shattered pieces of wall littering the floor. It seemed very clichéd, but it was the perfect setting for a gunfight, and Nor gathered that soon there would be one.

--- --- --- ---

Soon the squad was under fire, and they had managed to shut the door off from a portion of Absolut squad. Now, Candy squad had a chance to turn the battle around. Blaster fire raged from both directions as holes filled the walls around the two squads, dancing in a deadly red light. And Candy squad had to hurry, because they knew that the rest of Absolut squad would not be far behind.

BlackJackSquad

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1149
July 25, 2008 1:14:44 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Gaines jogged down the hallway with the rest of the squad.

Once the imperials figured out that Candy squad planned to flank them and had put an end to their plans with a well-placed grenade, there was no other choice but to retreat. They had locked a door behind them in hopes of slowing down Absolut, but they knew it would only serve as a temporary distraction. A mere nuisance that they would, no doubt, overcome by brute force.

And so they did.

A dull blast rocked the walls surrounding them. The door came down with a thud, and the ominous sound of Stormtrooper boots on duracrete soon filled the space around them.

"Everyone, jump for cover!" Detric's order wasn't hard to carry out. There were so many pieces of debris littered about that anywhere they jumped, they were bound to fall either on or behind a huge chunk of concrete or steel.

The order could not have come a moment too soon. As soon as Uzen, Gaines, Nor, and the others jumped for cover the air around them was lit up with retaliatory blaster fire.

Uzen saw Gaines land on his stomach behind him, his hands on his helmet to keep it from flying off. He loaded a fresh cartridge into the pistol Detric had given him and peeked to pop off a few shots. To his dismay, Absolut squad had also acquired excellent cover.

Once the imperials stopped firing to reload and check the scene out, Candy squad responded with a barrage of fire of their own. At least one trooper on the enemy side was tagged with a shot, but he wasn't dead. As far as Uzen knew, dead men didn't scream in agony.

-------

Gaines' hands covered his ears. He was tired of the sound of blaster fire. It rang in his ears. He could hear it even when he wasn't being fired at. The sight of his teammates fighting the good fight roused him out of his daydream nightmare.

This is it,he thought. Identical cover, an identical number of people on each side.

He knew that this battle would decide the war between Candy and Absolut. He knew there would be casualties on each side. He knew he had his work cut out for him.

The thing that terrified him was that he didn't know who would win.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  262
Total Posts:  2159
July 26, 2008 6:59:06 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Private Liason Travias had been ignored by the imperials, or so it had seemed. He was still alive, at least. He fired from a decent piece of cover, a large blackened piece of cement. He would peek out of cover at random points, then fire his rifle.

"Damn, this is takin' too long," he muttered angrily. He fired again, sending futile red death down the hall towards the equally-entrenched Imperials.

He reached for a grenade on his belt, but thought again. Grenades were limited and he wanted to get permission or the perfect moment.

He inhaled, preparing to go at the pop-up-and-shoot method once more. He exhaled, and began firing. Travias wanted a drink. Anything would do, water would be fantastic. He promised himself, he would get something to drink after this- and he'd make sure it had alcohol in it. And then he'd treat everyone still alive to one too.

Shots ricocheted off the walls, cover, the broken doors on either side; the hall way became a very dangerous place to be. It also shook Travias back into survival mode.

"Hell, no one would even notice a grenade now."

He reached for his belt again, but thought once more. He figured one more time, then pulled the grenade off his belt and pulled the pin. He grasped it, preventing the crude timer inside from ticking down. He waited until the fire reached its fullest, knowing it as a tell-tale sign that they would need to reload, and duck. Travias then popped up, firing one-handed with his right hand, and side-armed the grenade with his left.

It flew to the other wall, bounced, and rolled to a stop.

"Payback," Travias muttered, peering through his scope, having watched the grenade's flight. He fired, and the grenade exploded.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

I love having the moral high ground. You make a great target up there - Han Solo

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.- V

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited July 26, 2008 7:05:11 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  676
July 26, 2008 7:11:53 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
OOC:
It's not much development in the battle, because I'm hoping Kand or even Rizz can finish the battle.

Alexis had been in a stalemate with Candy squad before, it was familiar territory for her. Debris and roasted cover all around them in quite the mess, with blaster bolt holes everywhere on the walls and all over the machinery, tables, chairs, boxes, and other assortment of cover, making the place looked like they've been nuked with tiny meteorites. She had rushed in with Sparks and made their way over to help Kortax and the two Heavy weaponers who had suppressed Candy squad for quite a while, one of them, who was Charlie, was calling out for a medic, looking very scared, while Kortax tried to calm him doing the same with a hand signal. He must be really fresh and has quite the timidity for real battles, wonder why he signed up to be a Heavy weapons specialist, maybe if all the enemies on the other side were dead, he'd be more at peace, weird guy... Jenny thought, examining the little coward as she made her way over to him, patching his wounds up.

"Glad you're back, Sparks, should have told you that you actually can kick down that door, just trying to lighten the mood." Kortax said rather with a funny mood as everyone in the squad laughed, firing at any revealed arms or legs, even heads they fired off, but barely even getting a shot.

"Alright, we have to get these guys down sized somehow, I say we force them into a corner and squeeze them from two sides, but this front end won't do, the door's also broken in, although the back end..." Kortax explained his plans, looking at the Candy squad's overall arrangement as Alexis listened and took out her empty clip for a fresh clip, hitting a Candy trooper in the shoulders as he popped up to look.

"I get what you're saying, alright, it'll be done." Sparks replyed, nod his head for good luck as he gave out hand signals to push the team led by luchivik to the while Alexis saw out of the corner of her eyes Kortax do the same with Uzen and Detric, although without Charlie, who was being taken into Sparks' team to even the odds.

Even though the odds were even, the mentality the same, the morale wasn't. Candy squad still lacked proper cover, moving from cover to cover left them sometimes very exposed, and getting hit was even more of an expense. Alexis knew that they were ready, but they weren't ready to face a well-trained, determined to get the job done squad. Guess they don't know the difference between an silent assassin and a mass murder, it's the experience that we've had, and it was quite the experience, even if it was fighting against virtual enemies. We're ready though, ready to put you down. Alexis thought menacingly as she fired along with the rest of the squad, gradually pushing them back to a corner in the back of the tech room, Kortax now doing the same.

Alexis saw both Kortax and Sparks nod to each other, slowly rolling from cover to join each other in unison, as they knew the end was nearing. Candy squad's morale pushed to their limit, they were being forced into a corner, stalemate aside, it was the beginning of the end of the battle, and Alexis hoped with Kortax and Sparks that they would win, for as Alexis cried that famous war cry, the war cry that would deafen all Republic ears, Candy squad's end were nearing, and that determination raised with the blood that Alexis saw in her squadmates' eyes, flowing in her eyes also, the blood of Candy squad members who had taken their brothers or sisters' lives, the blood that would be shed soon enough.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 26, 2008 7:13:35 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  957
July 26, 2008 2:42:53 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The grenade had come close, but Absolut got lucky. The grenade had rolled itself just under one of the tables near to the squad before erupting, throwing the battered remains of the computer desk up into the air, causing it to crash into the wall behind sending pieces of wood crashing into the squad. The effort the table had taken to be shifted had absorbed most of the grenades energy, sparing Kortax and the rest.

"Everyone okay!?" Kortax called over the temporary silence. He regretted speaking so loudly considering the blast had called a cease fire, now Candy knew where they were more accurately, and the shots resumed.

"Yeah we're fine" Sparks replied " Apart from I got a frickin piece of wood in the forehead. Hurt like hell"

"Stop whining soldier and start firing" Kortax smiled.

He surpirsed himself that he was finally able to smile, it had been at least an hour since his mouth had last twitched apart from to speak. He assumed that the heat of the action had caused the ice encasing him to melt, the real Kortax was beginning to emerge again. Being leader hadn't been so bad yet, at least no one else had died.

"Sparks, take your pick of two troopers, and be ready to move back out behind us, we'll try and flank around them again"

Sparks nodded, pointing at Alexis and Charlie, before shuffling their way across their cover. At one point Charlie wandered too far, and would of lost a hand if Spark's hadn't pulled him back. The panic and adrenaline of the moment was effecting everyone. This wasn't a squad that was heavily battle experienced, they were fresh, with new weapons, a new planet, and most importantly a new leader.

With a pat to Sparks shoulder, Kortax got the hand signal to know they were ready, and led an Absolut charge. He unloaded a clip of appointments to the Grim Reaper into the corner of the room housing Candy, causing them to cower behind it, before rising to his feet and rushing towards them. A grenade from behind him found its way right into the middle of their bunch, causing them to scatter in every direction shortly before the explosion. Another handful of laser clips followed, and one of the Republic soldiers was hit in the leg, another in the shoulder, but no dead. For a split second, Kortax was glad he hadn't caused anyone else to die in this god forsaken place. Then he realised that any one of them could of been the one that killed Chase, and he fired again. And again, and again, and again.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
Helena
ComNet Novice

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  62
Total Posts:  508
July 27, 2008 1:39:56 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Elara found herself quickly grabbing her E-11 rifle from her holster situated to the left side on her back. She was in a state of panic and found it tricky to release it. She cringed as she heard the fizzing sound and the ground rumbling coming from every direction possible. After a while of frantic pulling and tugging, the rifle released itself. Her hands were shaking; she couldn’t control the angle of which her hands should have been holding it.

Elara looked towards an injured new republic soldier; he was lying against the wall with a piece of glass lodged in the side of his face. The blood seemed to be trickling down his face like a light stream and his breathing was getting heavier with each breath. She could no longer look at him, for her adrenaline rush was making her jumpy and far too into the actual duel of both parties.

Kortax seemed possessed. His eyes glared a fiery burning red and his face seemed to carry out no expression what so ever. His eyes were watching every soldiers move as he continued open fire on the opposition. Soldiers were ducking and diving for cover as the rays hit the ground by their feet.

“Come on! You’re the ones who think they’re it, so bring it on” he smirked, holding the rifle in one hand, and holding his palm out, opening and closing his fingers in a taunting manner.

The opposition seemed a bit shocked at Kortax’s sudden outrage but simply responded back.

Three New Republic soldiers teamed up, stood side by side of one another and began chanting something before opening fire on Kortax, luckily for him they weren’t that accurate and he could dodge them. They then threw a grenade just behind the squad, making every scarper like shooting stars, diving under computer desks, holding their heads hoping they won’t come to any harm.

“That was close guys!” Came an Absolut squad member, climbing up from the desk, checking all his limbs were still intact.

“We’ll have to be a bit cleverer this time” a voice came from the opposition, snapping their fingers in almost defeat.
   -=Wraith PRIDE=-    

TRP/PFC Helena/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/
[This message has been edited by Helena (edited July 27, 2008 2:01:42 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  679
July 28, 2008 8:10:51 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Alexis fired on the pinned Candy squad troopers in the corner with her A280, lead by the unsure squad leader Detric, they all had shock, fear, death in their eyes, it wasn’t their first time fighting the imperials probably, but it was their first time fighting such an experienced and well-equipped imperial squad that called themselves Absolut squad. She watched as grenades threw at them in desperation attempts to break the pin, with them either close to separating the squad then getting kicked over by one of the squad members or missing them by a mile, and blaster rays flying everywhere, causing machinery to stop running in bursts of sparks looking like fireworks, and cover to be destroyed, blown to pieces, torn away, or just covered in blaster fire holes or grenade indentations. The whole room smelled of smoke and reaked of blood as Alexis made the enemy bleed their shoulders or arms or legs even side with her blaster fire, bandaging any wounds in her squad. Come on, guys, keep up the fire and we might get them all zipped up in a body bag with the water supply poisoned. Alexis supported her teammates in her mind, praying for their safety arrival home, her revenge with Detric and Uzen dealt with while she lives on, so that she is able to come say goodbye to Alema for the last time, for she had made a promise to Alema to do so in her last moments.

“Alexis, you okay? You’re firing very accurately but you’re doing two things at a time, I think, you keep trying to find a chance to kill the squad leader, he’s had like three medic calls, I think, already. You’re doing what you’re supposed to and chasing after your vengeance at the same time.” Elara said with some caring and sincerity as she fired along with her, hitting another Candy trooper flanking at them in the rifle hand, causing him to drop his rifle, and Kortax to plant two rifle blasts in both his knees.

“I’m fine, just enjoying the view and hoping we all get out of here alive. And it’s not just the squad leader, there’s also the assistant one, he killed Harvey, and Harvey’s family won’t accept that, I won’t accept that.” Alexis replyed definite and sure of it, clipping the assistant squad leader in the leg hanging out as he peeked out to check the situation.

“Squad, communicate by comlink only, and in whisper, they can hear all our calls now they’ve surrounded us here in separate positions that are not easy to penetrate. And someone get a medic over here, Uzen’s leg is hurting him, he’s got quite a deep wound.” Alexis heard the bare whisper from Detric for she was the closest to the corner Candy squad was stuck in with Elara, and she relayed the situation to Kortax, in a quick message, with discretion:

“Squad leader, comm only order has been made by enemy, and a medic is getting to patch up Uzen’s leg, now’s Tarnok’s chance, over.”

“Harem, you have my permission to wound the medic in the side, make it serious.” Kortax answered with more anger than he could control. It was still a stalemate for the two squads, but with Kortax’s plan to wound all the remaining Candy squad members, they could break the stalemate with weak Candy troopers who deserve a shot to the head. Weaken and then go for the kill, just like a rankor, last time I fought that darn thing was with Shakka, it was hard to kill, and so will Republic troopers be, especially this one that has prepared so long for an assault by Imperial troopers, even if their morale is pretty low, their will to fight is still strong, but it’s high time that they payed for their sins. Alexis reflected on her enemy throughout this entire mission as she saw once Harem had permission to go, she quickly fired two shots on the medic’s side, wounding him deeply with a hard scream by him that filled the entire room in the other pains of Candy squad like a symphony.
-=Wraith PRIDE=- 

*HeavyWeapons *

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 1, 2008 7:55:31 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  966
July 29, 2008 9:39:43 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
They appeared to have Candy on the ropes, with members of the squad jumping left , right, whatever way wouldn't end with a gun in their face. Kortax fired a few more shots at someone that dived away to his left, only for them to scorch a nearby desk and leave the man unscathed. His adrenaline was wearing off, and so to was his aim. He was quite possibly the only soldier in the corps to gain an increased accuracy with a rifle during an adrenaline surge, but it tended to make him arrogant, which led to mistakes. One of the mistakes, he feared, had just occurred. Although Candy were in disarray, so too were Absolut. There was no organisation, no someone covering someone else, everyone was just shooting anyone with the wrong color armour.

Kortax threw yet another grenade, before turning on his toes and sprinting behind cover.

"Absolut, find cover, now!" He called back, screeching to a halt and diving behind a cabinet, a trio of blaster bolts ripping the doors open. Candy had recovered faster than he had expected, returning fire almost the moment the smoke had begin to falter.

"Where the hell is Spark's group!" Elara shouted, joining Kortax behind the cabinet and firing out rounds randomly.

The firing on Candy's side suddenly stopped, shortly followed by raised voices. It didn't take long to resume, but there was quite a significant difference this time. They were firing the wrong way. Kortax stood up, confident he was now safe from the weapons. The room was in quite a state, from what he could see only one computer was still in working order, with the exception of a mouse. He could remember someone in a blind panic pulling it loose and throwing it at him. The rest of the computers however were either smoking, in two (or more) pieces, or non existent. The grenades seemed to work spectacularly against them, instantly ripping them into billions of splinter like pieces.

That's when he saw Sparks, making a dash from one side of the hallway beside Candy to the other under a hail of red bolts. They'd turned around because they'd heard them. But it wasn't any of the members that had spoken, it was Elara that had given the position away. Kortax could hear it now, his comlink giving off quite loud sounds of gunfire and explosions, sometimes cries. In his blind rage, he'd forgotten to silence his comlink, which meant Kortax's would be picking up every sound made on the main squad's side. His blind rage had nearly gotten three member's of his squad killed.

He raised his blaster and fired at one of the soldier's who was out in the open, catching the side of his helmet and spinning him off to one side. He was still visible, a sizable hole in his helmet where the bolt had burned through, although somehow his head was unscathed. Kortax fired again, but this time the man was ready and rolled away, returning fire instantly and causing Kortax to also roll away.
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  526
Total Posts:  823
July 29, 2008 11:07:08 AM    View the profile of RK 
Spark ran as fast as he could to the nearest covering position. He fired a couple shots at a nearby Candy squad member, only to realize that he had already been shot in the side of the head by Kortax. Well, at least now we know he's dead. Spark continued to move, he was only a few feet away from the barricade he had figured would be his final resting place if by some chance he didn't make it out alive.

“Spark, GET DOWN!!!” one of his squad mates yelled. He didn't care who it was, he was almost there. 

come on, almost there. He jumped, hoping his momentum would carry him the rest of the way. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion in those next few moments, he didn't even remember landing. He struggled to get up, but something just below his hip hurt. This is the end.

Harem was watching in horror, it was like watching a holo-vid come to life. Just a moment ago Spark was running towards the nearest barricade, but now he was on the ground, squirming. This can't be happening, it just can't be. She wasn't going to believe it, her eyes had to be deceiving her. What had just happened was impossible.

“Spark!” Kortax yelled, firing off a couple shots. It was impossible what had just happened. In those next few moment though the world seemed to stand still to him, as well as the whole squad. Damn it, he better not be dead. Although he knew the truth, he didn't want to accept it.

“Harem, Aleiha, come in, are you guys alright?” Kortax said though the comm, hoping one of them would respond. Unfortunately, no answer.

I should have waited, I knew it was a stupid idea. Spark stayed still, it hurt to much to move, but it didn't matter anyway, he would die here. 

Kortax continued to fire, along with the rest of his squad. He didn't know what to think now, everything they had worked towards had only brought death. That's the thing about war, it's unpredictable. He continued to fire, bringing down another Candy member.

Harem continued to stare at the lifeless body. Spark....I.... No forget about it, if he was here right now he would want you to fight, he would tell you to mourn later. Without a second thought she pulled her blaster back up to aim, and fired without mercy. Absolut had lost to many lives today, and it was time Candy learned how it felt. “This one's for Spark”
TRP/CPL RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR]

"I'm the best at what I do, only what I do isn't very nice."- wolverine

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"No matter what happens... I swear I'm going to protect you!!" -Naruto
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  967
July 29, 2008 3:23:57 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
No more deaths. I promised on Chase's body, no more deaths

Kortax needed to find a way around to Sparks, to see how badly he was hurt, to do something, anything. His eyes shot around the room, begging for a break in the gunfire so he could make a break to their location. There was still no such luck however, and bolts were still being traded. The air was also heavy, Kortax never knew that this little people could suck that much air out of the room this quickly, but he supposed thats what adrenaline would do to you. His own breath was quite fast as well.

He hatched a plan, and reached down to his belt for a grenade. The funny thing was he only brought three grenades with him, and so far he was sure he'd used four or five. He didn't complain though, only made things easier.

He looked across the room again, and saw Candy had split themselves off into two groups, both of about equal mass. He had been taught that technique on his captains course, that if you were worried about an ambush, or a grenade, or something similar, two groups would work more effectively. If one group was thrown into disarray, the other could cover them until the moment had subsided. Would of made it tough to break through, if the drill sergeant hadn't also taught him how to counter it.

With a few more hand signals, every gun on Absolut's side piled in the bolts to Candy encampment on the right, causing them to dive for cover wherever possible. As Kortax expected, the other group immediately returned fire on the people firing the most, trying to help their comrades. That's when Kortax threw the grenade, which landed just short of their leader's feet, causing him to cry out in panic and dive away. The rest of the group panicked as well, following their leader's escape route. Kortax took his moment and charged through the smoke and rubble caused by the grenades explosion, not stopping until he was clear and could see Harem emerging.

"Is he okay? Need a medic?" Kortax asked, coughing the smoke out of his lungs.

"He's...he's fine I think.....wounds not as bad as it looks" Harem stuttered.

Kortax sighed and moved to help Harem drag Sparks around the hallway and out of harms way. At some point he'd lost consciousness, probably by the amount of blood he lad lost. Kortax pulled out a gun from his jacket pocket, before taking it off, pulling it tight and wrapping it around sparks leg tight. It turned a dark shade of red the moment it touched the wound, but no blood seeped from underneath it, so it was tight.

"Harem, do you want to keep an eye on him?"

"....Please, sir..." She stuttered between sobs.

"No problem" Kortax smiled, trying to hide how out of breath he was "Keep a hold of his comlink, if you need anything call me and I'll come straight away"
-=Wraith PRIDE=-
~Phantom~
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > NPC Story #3 (Wraiths vs. Blackjack)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:42:13 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 169  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >