Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Fingers be Uncrossed! (Phase 2)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Fingers be Uncrossed! (Phase 2)
Kraytirous
ComNet Novice

Kraytirous

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  82
  RE: Fingers be Uncrossed! (Phase 2)
May 29, 2008 9:42:30 PM    View the profile of Kraytirous 
"He... He went into some sort of killing frenzy. I was gonna drop the flashbang to let him get a clearer shot, but he didn't even give me a chance to throw it or stop him. He hopped the cover and ran at the guards, slitting throats and cutting veins as if he was a whirlwind of death! Then, the last guard shot him in the back of the head, downing him. He chucked one of his knives at the guard, jabbing it deep into his throat." Kraytirous took a deep gulp, his throat hoarse and dry. He looked down at the trooper and spoke again. "I heard footsteps, I panicked. I tried to see if the Barabel would survive, but he was dead before I even got to him. No pulse, he'd lost tons of blood. I.. I knew that if they saw me with my barrel to the barabel's head they'd think I was one of them. And if I went along with them, then maybe I could save any imperials that we came along."

Kraytirous was starting to get even more nervous. And having several gun barrels pointing at him didn't keep him calm in the first place. "I didn't kill him, though, I swear!" Kraytirous was pretty damn near to falling to his knees and begging for his life. But he didn't. He knew that if he did, though, he'd look even more guilty then ever.

OOC:
Sorry if this post is a little small.
The Hunter only becomes the Hunted if he doesn't do the job right the first time.

TRP/Private First Class/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Kraytirous (edited May 30, 2008 6:08:55 AM)]
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1350
Total Posts:  1920
May 30, 2008 4:17:45 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Looking at the pleading trooper, Dante felt a twinge of doubt, and a nagging voice began to whisper in the back of his mind. The still vivid memory of Voth's corpse and the trooper's presence with the enemy, however, were more than sufficient motivation for him to continue. Coldly, he responded to the trooper's pleas.

"And why should we believe you? You have bits of his guts all over you and your weapon is quite probably the one that greased him."

For all his faults, Voth had been a good man and a fellow trooper. Dante had no intention of letting his murderer go.

There were murmurs from the others, and Kraytirous frantically turned from left to right. He tried to speak, but all that came out was a hacking cough.

"Guys...please."

X-ray lowered his weapon and deliberately clicked on the safety. Surprised, Dante turned and looked at him. Slowly, the Lance Corporal shook his head.

"Dante, I believe him."

"And if he's lying?"

"Look at him."

By now, the fresh recruit had slumped against the wall with his blaster discarded at his feet, a postureironically reminding Dante of Voth's resting place. The voice urging him to stop, to reconsider was louder now, more insistent.

"All right. This isn't over though; there'll be an inv..."

Dante was cut off in midword as a blaster bolt impacted on a nearby crate, leaving a charred circle around a sizzling hole in the durasteel.

Quickly, he brought his pistol back up again.

"Return fire!" he barked, and shot the first merc in the chest. The Trandoshan snarled, ignoring the fact that most of its right arm had been blasted compeltely off, then charged while bellowing a war cry. The second bolt melted through reinforced helmet, scales, and flesh before hissing through the Trandoshan's brain. It tried to roar again, but only managed to growl before it collapsed in a heap. Its comrades continued to attack, forcing the Raiders to take cover and try to return fire. Dante winced as a bolt of superheated energy whizzed inches above his head, slammed into a polished panel with a shower of sparks, and bounced off the walls. They simply didn't have enough firepower to take the enemy on directly. Sooner or later, they'd figure out to call for reinforcements, and they'd be captured...again.

Time to try something a little different.

He had scavenged his equipment from dead mercs, and while he had plenty of power cells and a pair of pistols, what he needed in this case was something with a little more firepower. Desperately, he began eying the corpses from his cover, looking for a repeater or a heavy blaster rifle. There was a deep, throaty chuckle from the doorseal, and more shots thumped into the crate Dante was hiding behind. Dante was about to give up when he saw something glint in the erratic lighting. Was it? Yes, it was a frag grenade, and it was clipped to its former owner's belt along with three others. Grabbing a slagged blaster rifle, and trying to ignore the fire directed at the tool, Dante managed to drag the corpse behind the crate and strip it.

"Imp scum!" a Bothan yelled as he fired on the crates. There was a dull hiss as molten metal dripped down and formed a puddle on the durasteel alloy floor. X-ray swore out loud as he was forced to duck behind cover, but there was another scream. The Raiders were still outnumbered, however, and the mercs would soon realise that they could call another group in to flank them. The RAIDERS had to finish this, and quickly.

The first frag grenade soared through the air, filling it with a trail of black smoke, and bounced twice with a loud ping. This gave the enemy troops enough time for them to scream and try to take cover.

"Son of a..."

The explosive went off, shaking the room. Several other grenades carried by the hostiles were also activated, and secondary explosions shook Dante's teeth. When he was certain that the troops were dead, he waved the RAIDERS up and forwards. They didn't find much left. They went through a flame-blackenned corridor, made several turns, and consulted their partial map before continuing on. The RAIDERS were getting closer.
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited May 30, 2008 4:41:24 PM)]
Verkur
ComNet Novice

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  272
May 30, 2008 8:56:04 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
OOC:
Hey all. Im back and ready to put in my share of posts. Just need a few things answered if thats ok. Uh, just need to know where I am, and who im with. Read some posts and skimed some. Thanks and glad to be back.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

TRP/LCPL Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C]

* DM turns the gas on max, locks all the windows, turns off the ventalation system, leave the room, and locks the door behind him
* Verkur|jester wonders why DM left the room
DM- You'll figure it out when the gas pushes the air out of the room
Verkur|jester- Ah
* Verkur|jester waits patiently
X-Ray
ComNet Novice

X-Ray

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  112
May 31, 2008 9:03:36 AM    View the profile of X-Ray 
“Dante, did’ya ever think the concept of grenades in an enclosed environment, on the bottom of the ocean, without dive gear, might be a bad idea.” Asked Xan in a drippingly sarcastic tone.

“No.”

“Just checking.” Replied Xan as he stepped over what appeared to be a Bothan torso.

“How far?”

Dante looked up from the map, “Close, real close.  The resistance is getting stiffer. Worga’d hold the best to keep close.”

The RAIDERS continued leapfrogging down the corridors, dropping the stray mercs as they came across them.  Xan kept an eye on Kraytirous.  The recruit had focused once the blaster bolts started flying, but in the lulls his look faded back into alternating terror and despair.  Xan dropped back to Kray’s position.

“How’re ya holding up kid?”

The irony of Kray being older than him was not lost on Xan.  Kraytirous looked at him vacantly.  Xan clapped him on the shoulder.

“Look, I believe you and have your back, but the only way this is gonna be put to bed once and for all is for us to get out of here alive and settle it.  So, I need you to snap out of it, focus and be HERE. Got it?”

Kray smiled thinly and nodded.  His posture sharpened and he pulled into a more acceptable combat stance.  Xan waived him forward and fell in behind him.  The corridors had been less and less populated as they went.  Not a good sign.  He saw Dante flash signals to halt and drop the group.  Xan made his way forward.

“What’s up?”

Dante silently pointed at the makeshift barricade thrown across the hall.  It ran almost five feet up and had several firing slits.

“Any more grenades?”

“As I recalled you thought those were bad ideas?” mocked Dante

“I’ve changed my mind.”

Dante pointed to the three frags hanging from his belt. Unhooked one and handed it to Xan. 

Marka asked, “What’ya have in mind?”

“Not sure yet, just kinda making it up as I go.”

Xan looked back, and motioned for Kray to come forward.  Dante glared at him, but said nothing.

“How’s your arm?” inquired Xan.

Kray looked puzzled and said, “Fine.”

Xan scowled, “No, dumbass, I meant can you throw.”

The little light in Kraytirous’ head went off, “Yeah, I can throw pretty well.”

“Good, cuz I need this, over that.” He said handing the frag to him as he pointed at the barricade.

Kray nodded and took the grenade. 

“We’ll lay suppressing fire, and you chuck it over. Got it?”

“Roger.” He replied as he dropped his weapon, limbered up his arm and pulled the pin.

“Try not to drop it; I’m really looking forward to living through this.”

Kray nodded.  Dante, Xan, Marka and Nams readied themselves and Xan silently counted down.  On one they opened up on the fortifications.  The firepower the four RAIDERS put out was withering. Had there been no barricade the mercs there would have been cut to ribbons.  But, there was a barricade, and the fire did nothing more than force them to duck.  This normal action allowed Kray to step out and perfectly arch the frag over the wall. 

The explosion was enough to turn the fortified mercs into so much hamburger.  It also gave the double benefit of knocking down a portion of the debris, allowing the RAIDERS to pass through.  Xan nodded to Kray as he moved forward with the rest of the team. He had a more confident step, and he was ‘in’ the moment.  Xan dropped in line. 

“Let’s hope that’s the last surprise.”
TRP/LCPL Xander "X-Ray" Raibaux/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Quantum Vires , Quantum Vox
                        -The Greater the Might, The Greater the Right

Is this a dagger which I see before me - MacBeth
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. -General George S. Patton Jr
Verkur
ComNet Novice

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  78
June 1, 2008 12:31:14 AM    View the profile of Verkur 
Beee..........

Verk shut his eyes and clenched his teeth, raising a hand to his head and shaking it, a flashbang having gone off too close for comfort. Once his senses came to he looked around a surveyed what was going on. Maze was behind a durasteel box, peeking out every now and again to return fire down the hall. Kat was sitting in front of Verk, trying to get his attention.

"Hey! Hey, you alright? that flashbang went off right next to you."

"Yea i'll be fine, go help Maze." Verk replied, shaking his head again.

Verk blinked a few times, and when he felt he was ready to go, picked up his rifle, checked the ammo, and stole a peek out from behind his cover. A few of Pascks men behind a makeshift wall. Verk shook his head, and clicked off the safety on his rifle. With one fluid movement, he shouldered his rifle and squeezed off a few rounds. The first took and a bothan right in the head as he stood to return fire, the second hitting him in the chest as he fell back.

The fight lasted a few more minutes, the Jesters easily taking out the remaining mercs. Verk stood and moved with Maze and Kat over to the small wall. Verk was suddenly thrown to the ground as Maze shoved him and fired four rounds into a wounded merc who had picked up a rifle and was aiming it at Verkur. Verk looked from the merc to Maze and back again.

"Thanks for the save. I owe you one." Verk muttered, a ashamed that he had let down his guard.

"Yea, not a problem." Maze replied, offering a hand and helping Verk to his feet.

After the brief scuffle, Jinx and his group rounded the corner on the other side of the wall.

"Nice of you to join us Jinx. Hows your side doing?" Verk asked, smiling at his friend as he climbed over the wall, Jager in tow.

"You always have all the fun..." Jinx said sarcastically, "...it's fine, no thanks to you and your jokes. Come on we need to meet up with the others." Jinx said, reverting back to his corps attitude.

"Right lets move." Maze replied.

The Jesters gathered some ammo and their weapons and headed down the hall, Verk nodding to Jager as they moved. The small group moved quickly ans easily, taking out anyone that was unlucky enough to get caught in their path. They moved effortlessly through the halls, death the only thing in their wake, a group of ruffed up soldiers, and efficient killers, nothing was going to stop them, well almost nothing. Especially if it wasnt for the fact that someone had just, lobbed a grenade at them.

OOC:
Not much I know, but I needed to post something.
Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

* DM turns the gas on max, locks all the windows, turns off the ventalation system, leave the room, and locks the door behind him
* Verkur|jester wonders why DM left the room
DM- You'll figure it out when the gas pushes the air out of the room
Verkur|jester- Ah
* Verkur|jester waits patiently
[This message has been edited by Verkur (edited June 1, 2008 12:33:20 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Verkur (edited June 1, 2008 12:38:13 AM)]
Cowboy99
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  630
June 1, 2008 1:39:31 AM    View the profile of Cowboy99 
"GRENADE, SCATTER!" Verkur Shouted, sending the rest of Jester diving or sliding towards the nearest cover. Jager hit the ground and shielded his face as it exploded. Maze and Verkur were the first ones up and firing at the group of Merc's who had been waiting in ambush down the hall, catching a few off guard with the speed of their recovery.

Quickly Jager scrambled against the wall and blind fired a few shots, the corridor provided little cover for the Jesters, save a box and some niches in the walls.

"We've gotta fall back" Maze barked at Verkur as he quickly reloaded his weapon.

Verkur's replied quickly calmly, not taking his eye's off the Merc's down the hall 
"Maze, Jager, Kat, Pull back to the next corridor and find some cover. We'll hold their attention for Thirty seconds, then We'll pull back. GO"

And with that Maze pulled Jager up by his shoulder and began moving down the corridor. Kat waited until both were a few meters away before he followed, but still facing the attackers.

Maze was the first to approach the corner when he gave Jager the signal to stop. Sticking to the wall he slowly inched up to the corner and took a quick look. Maze signaled to Jager over to him.

"What's going on, Why have we stopped?" Jager quired as he tried to move around Maze to take a look, only to be pushed back against the wall.

"Bad news... They've setup just around the corner, head back and tell Verk. Me and Kat will cover here" Maze said sternly, motioning Kat to take cover. Jager quickly nodded and made his way back. He had a feeling that this was going to get worse before it got any better.
Jester Squad
TRN/PVT Cowboy99/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE

Remember, Doctors make you better.. Medics comfort you while you die.
[This message has been edited by Jager (edited June 1, 2008 1:41:55 AM)]
Verkur
ComNet Novice

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  79
June 1, 2008 2:06:14 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
Verk gritted his teeth when Jager gave him the news. Pulling away from the fight he sat behind his cover and reloaded his weapon, trying to think of something to get away from this mess.

"Ok, im gonna call for help, in the mean time lets knock some of these boxs over to give ourselves some more cover. Go tell Maze to just sit tight and watch our rear." Verk gave the orders quickly, but not calmly, he was used to giving himself orders, not others.

His mind straining to figure something out, Verk began to knock a few of the boxs over that were stacked near him. With the help of Jager once he returned from Maze, the two pushed the boxs into a makeshift wall.

"I just hope they dont have anymore grenades." Jager said with an uneasy laugh.

Verk shook his head, and hoped for the same. Once things were somewhat set up, everyone reloaded and waited. Verk got on his comm and called for Aeos.

"Aeos come in you there?" Verk called over the comm. No response. Verkur sighed when Aeos did not reply.

"What about Marka, or the guys from Raiders? Jager asked, sitting up for a moment to return fire towards the mercs.

"Ill try Marka, not sure Raiders is friendly with us right now." Verk replied, lifting his comm.
"Hey Marka you there? Its Verk." He waited for a reply.

"Yea im here. Whats up?" The reply came a few seconds later, blaster fire heard in the background.

Verk smiled. "I think we need some help. Me and three others are pinned down, cant go forward or back the way we came. Think you could give us a hand?" Verk asked.

"Im a bit busy right now. Tell me where you are and ill see what I can do." Marka replied.

Verk looked around, trying to find something that could tell him where he was. He spotted a sign on the wall with the room name written on it. East Barracks.

"We are over by the east barracks. that help." Verk said, hoping help would arrive soon.

"Damn. Sorry Verk, thats too far, and ive got mercs to deal with as it is. Sorry man." Marka said, the worry in his voice evident.

Verk sighed an clicked off his comm. A bit annoyed he jumped up and started loosing a barrage of fire onto the mercs behind thier own cover. Those unlucky enough to look out were killed by severals random shots. With his clip emptied, Verk dropped back behind cover. He reloaded, and with a sigh crawled over to Maze.

"Hows things over here?" Verk asked, annoyed that they were all stuck.

"Fine for now, they havent moved much. Those stupid enough to venture over here are dead, but im not sure how many guys are back there. Is help coming?" Maze answered.

"Sadly no. We need to get out of here." Verk replied. He looked at the wall across from him. it was scorched and broken, and he could see into the room beyond.

"Hey do we have any explosives?" Verk asked.

"Uh, why do you need explosives?" Maze asked quizzically.

"Maybe we could use some to blow into a room behind one of these walls. Would give us better cover, and maybe we could find something useful inside." Verk said, a bit of hope evident in his tone.

"Ya know, thats not a bad idea." Maze said, a grin coming across his face.

Jester Squad

"I am required to kill, so I kill"
Boa
ComNet n00b

Boa

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  8
June 3, 2008 11:58:50 PM    View the profile of Boa 
As the squad neared a corner, Tiros had an idea. Up until this point he had stayed back, literally, not wanting to get shot, and in truth scared out of his wits. He was by far the smallest and the youngest member of the squad, and this situation coupled with the fact that this was his first taste of real combat made Tiros somewhat timid. Still, here was an opportunity to use some of his precious technology, and he wasn’t going to pass it up.

Even as Marka was motioning at Dante and X-Ray to take a careful peak around the corner, Tiros cleared his throat. Marka turned his head to look at the small private. Suddenly very self-conscious, Tiros explained his idea.

Marka looked the young trooper over, then gave a tight nod. Motioning for Dante and X-Ray to step back, Marka crossed his arms in front of his chest. Moving forward somewhat timidly, Tiros drew a small device from his utility belt. It was a dome, with a black reflective surface and a long cord that secured it to Tiros’ belt. Pressing a button on the fat side of the device Tiros threw it out and around the corner. He then withdrew a datapad and glanced at it, then held it up for Marka to see.

After a moment Marka looked away from the small screen and glanced at Tiros. “Any way you can tell for sure how many baddies are behind that barricade?” the senior noncom asked.

Tiros gave a little grin. “Glad you asked,” the young trooper replied. Pulling the datapad back to himself, Tiros manipulated the datapad’s touch screen with a durable plastic pointer. After a few quick seconds, he looked up and grinned. Handing the datapad back to Marka, Tiros could barely contain his sense of self-satisfaction.

“Well, look at that,” Marka said, smiling himself. “Alright RAIDERS, we have six baddies, three have positions on the left side of the hallways, one is right down the middle, and two are on the right. They are spread out. Any ideas?”

Tiros grinned and withdrew the dome from the hallway, using the cord that attached it to his belt to draw it in. When he was done he carefully wiped it down with a soft rag and returned it to his utility belt along with the datapad. He then turned his attention back to Marka and the rest of the squad. He still wasn’t sure about this whole combat thing, but at least he had contributed now.
Private First Class Tiros Ceboa
RAIDERS Communications Technician

TRP/PFC Tiros "Boa" Ceboa/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
X-Ray
ComNet Novice

X-Ray

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  48
Total Posts:  112
June 5, 2008 11:32:20 PM    View the profile of X-Ray 
Xan watched the little guy, Boa, work his techie magic.

“Hmmm, gotta get me one of those.” He said as he readied himself for yet another assault on yet another fortified position.

Dante pulled the pin on one of his two remaining grenades.  Xan dropped to a kneel and loosed a steady stream of blaster bolts at the mercs position.  His covering fire was enough for Dante’s frag to arc over the barricade and, once again, do its deadly work.

This time though, there were still some bodies kicking.  The blast had brought down the ruble and exposed the remaining three mercs.  Xan dove across the hall and into an adjoining door alcove to open up some crossfire.

Marka, Kray, Boa, and Dae wheeled around the corner, all guns firing, and shredded the remaining mercs.  Xan joined the parade as they stepped over the bodies, adding a few rounds for good measure, and pushing on. 

By this time the RAIDERS were tired and angry. They were tired of fighting the seemingly endless supply of barely cognitive mercs, and angry to not have already killed Worga.  They cut through the remaining mercs like a hot knife through butter.  Eventually, they stood before the Throne Room blast doors.

“Now what?” asked Xan as he tapped on the shielded door.

“Boa” bellowed Marka.

Tiros stepped forward again.

“Do your voodoo.”

“Yes sir.” He smiled as he opened his utility belt.
TRP/LCPL Xander "X-Ray" Raibaux/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Quantum Vires , Quantum Vox
                        -The Greater the Might, The Greater the Right

Is this a dagger which I see before me - MacBeth
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. -General George S. Patton Jr
Boa
ComNet n00b

Boa

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  8
June 6, 2008 11:56:38 PM    View the profile of Boa 
Grinning, happy to be useful, Tiros hurried up to the door, drawing yet another device from his utility belt. It was a circle, an inch thick. Estimating the center of the door, Tiros slammed the device against the hard metal. To everyone’s surprise but Tiros’, it stayed there. Marka winced.

“Jeez lad, take it easy. We don’t want them to know we’re coming,” the senior trooper said.

“Sorry, sorry,” Tiros mumbled, to intent on his work to really care he was being chastised. Pulling out yet another view screen and taking a quick look at it Tiros had to wince. The door was nearly two feet thick, and it was laced with some kind of magnetic field that prevented him from getting any solid readings on what was behind the door.

“All I can tell you is that it’s about two feet thick, durasteel alloy of some sort. It’s laced with a magnetic field to disrupt my readings, so I can’t say what’s on the other side,” Tiros said somewhat apologetically.

Marka muttered a curse. “Fine, we do this the old fashioned way. Who has explosives?”

Somewhat timidly one of the new recruits stepped forward. Marka grinned. “Make it disappear,” he said, his voice hard.

The new recruit (Tiros didn’t know his name) set to work. He outlined the door with a substance that was almost like dough. Tiros didn’t know what it was, but he had a good idea. Next the young man took a thermite explosive, packed into a rectangle with a built in timer, and attached it to the center of the door. When he was done, he stepped back, set the timer on the device, and turned to the squad.

“Now would be a good time to run,” he said, a grin on his face.

The squad turned and jogged back about ten feet. Suddenly there was a huge roar, and the door literally disappeared.

“Go!” Marka shouted.

Tiros surged forward, just behind Dante and X-Ray. Both of the other troopers threw flashbangs ahead of them, and Tiros hoisted his E-11 to his shoulder, ready to fire on anything that was moving in the throne room.

To everyone’s surprise, it was empty.
Private First Class Tiros Ceboa
RAIDERS Communications Technician

TRP/PFC Tiros "Boa" Ceboa/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1359
June 7, 2008 1:28:16 PM    View the profile of Dante 
"What in space..." Dante muttered. Besides the quiet hum of an overhead fan, the entire throne room was silent, and completely deserted. Around him, the other Raiders were glancing left and right, searching for targets but finding only rock and empty air.

"Something doesn't feel right..." one of the new recruits muttered. Dante didn't reply, but he had to agree with the Private. Dante shifted from foot to foot, ill at ease. With considerable effort, he brought his feelings under control and tried to ignore the nagging feeling that there was something he had overlooked. His face impassive, he looked around the massive room.

The gloomy chamber was lit by elaborate, wall mounted glowrods which cast flickering ambient light over the chamber. The ceiling mounted lights had been disabled, and sparks were still flickering from one and dropping to the polished floor. Marka slowly gestured for the Raiders to spread out. There were nods from the troopers and they jostled into a rough vev shaped formation, covering the massive pair of ebony doors that were located behind a massive dais on the far side of the chamber. There was a quiet rustle, and the RAIDERS froze in place, their weapons at firing height. Dante's eyes darted from left to right, looking for the source of the movement. The noise wasn't repeated, but that just made him even less at ease.

Massive, elaborately woven tapestries covered the walls, swaying lightly in the light breeze from the fan. Hundreds of gold and silver threads had gone into the pieces of art, and Dante wondered briefly how much they had cost the Hutt. He shook the thought off. Soon, it would no longer matter to the slimy alien.

As Dante turned back to the door, he noticed a curious bulge in the tapestry. That was curious. None of the other artworks had any sort of defect. In fact, now that he had noticed it it almost looked like...

the barrel of a blaster.

Time seemed to slow down. As Dante opened his mouth to yell out a warning the other decorations seemed to ripple, then were surrounded by a haze as superheated energy vaporized a several inch wide section from each.

"Get back!"

The quartet of stolen and heavily modified EWeb-15 repeating blasters opened fire at once, sending red energy bolts flying in a deadly crossfire. There were a series of loud hisses as the particle beams blew massive holes in the stone floor, the walls, and even chunks of ceiling. The Raiders had made it out of the inital wave of fire in time to avoid being instantly vaporized, but the gunners had begun to adjust their aim.

The last Raider, Kraytirous, stumbled as he ran through the door and was almost hit by a particle beam that flew just past his left shoulder. At first, Dante thought that he had made it out in time, but noticed the trooper's blackened shoulder guard and the half-melted top layer of armourweave. Kray managed a weak grin, but his teeth were gritted in pain.

Even as Marka waved the squad to the corridor they had come through moments before, the E-Webs pumped energy into the wall opposite to the pair of throne room doors. The acrid smell of melted wall paneling and particles of vaporized rock filled the air.

"What in the name of the Goddess are we supposed to do now?" Daesha asked. "There's no way we can take on that kind of firepower."

As if to prove the trooper's point, a bolt of red energy ricocheted off a wall and flew over the Raiders' heads.

There was a long silence, and the guns continued to fire on the area.

"We wait." Marka eventually replied, his voice grim. "Eventually they'll overheat, and we'll be able to attack."

No one raised the possibility of Worga's other men finding them in the meantime.

Dante checked his blaster pistol's power cell, and found the charge had been reduced to 3 percent remaining. Clicking on the safety, he removed the depleted clip and let it drop to the floor before slamming a new one in. The weapon pinged, and the energy cell glowed a pale blue.

Abruptly, the guns stopped. Cautiously, the Raiders made their way back towards the door, only to be met by a withering hail of blaster and slugthrower fire. A trio of merc squads had come through the blast doors behind the dais, and were now charging forwards, firing as they ran. It might not have been a very tactically sound decision, especially when they could have simply let the E-Webs keep the Raiders pinned down, but the numbers were with the enemy. Marka brought his rifle to shoulder height and fired, sending one hostile to the floor in a blackened heap and wounding another. Undeterred, the others continued to charge, screaming insults and curses as they went.

"Return fire!"
TRP/SGTDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons *
"Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita..."
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Revelation 6:8
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited June 7, 2008 1:48:02 PM)]
Kraytirous
ComNet Novice

Kraytirous

Post Number:  36
June 7, 2008 9:30:59 PM    View the profile of Kraytirous 
"Blast, blast, blast!" Kraytirous hissed as he ran into the cover. He leaned against the wall, and groaned softly. "Damn it, anyone got a medpack on them?" A man walked forward, sliding a medpack up into view. He opened it, reached in and pulled out a bacta path. He expertly removed the sizzled armor and placed the patch over the wound. "Gah!" Kraytirous let the sound escape his lips as the bacta seeped into the wound.

When the fire began to fly again, Kraytirous dared peeking over the edge, only to see a red bolt of energy fly by his cheek. Kraytirous gasped softly as he pulled his head back in. "Maybe we can use those E-webs against them. I can operate one, anyone know how to get into the room?" One member, Boa; Kraytirous thought his name was, stepped forward.

"I don't know where, but I can help you find out." Kraytirous nodded and started walking towards the door they were hiding near. The door was locked and Kraytirous had no idea how to open it. So he allowed Boa to get at the control panel. After several tries, he finally managed the code and the door quietly slid open. We stepped into what looked like a long, narrow hallway meant to transport troops and servants discreetly. Kraytirous smiled and motioned for Boa to follow him.

"Anyone else that wants to tag along, we'd appreciate the cover fire." Kraytirous waited to see if any replies were to come his way. Hopefully the use of the E-Webs would turn the tide of the battle.
The Hunter only becomes the Hunted if he doesn't do the job right the first time.

Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
June 9, 2008 8:45:55 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante watched the conversation with increasing disbelief. Marka mulled Kraytirous's audacious scheme over for a moment before shaking his head.

"These are four heavy gun emplacements we're talking about here, Private. They'd tear us apart before we could get a shot off."

The trooper nodded.

"I know that, sir. But what other choice do we have?"

"We can retreat and try to find that piece of filth, Worga."

The words had just left Dante's mouth when red energy came flying down the corridor they had come from. Taking cover behind a crate, he brought a commandeered slugthrower rifle up to shoulder height and emptied half a clip into the hostile squad that had taken up positions on the other end.

"Not anymore." Namyr commented before clicking her carbine's trigger in short, precise bursts. Aliens and humans were sent flying back, flesh and armour were blackened or simply boiled away, and an unpinned grenade fell to the floor with a quiet ping as its owner fell in a crumpled heap with its insides scattered across several walls. The detonation shook the room, and  several pieces of debris fell from the ceiling in a shower of sparks. There was a quiet hiss as breached overhead pipes leaked coolant and various gases into the room, then a series of clicks as they automatically sealed. Briefly, Dante thought back to X-Ray's comment about the water-tight nature of the facility and wondered what state the complex was in. Between Pasck's assault and the breakout, there must have been significant structural damage. He forced himself to stop thinking about it. It would be a problem or it wouldn't. Either way, there was nothing he could do about it.

Although half a dozen of the hostiles were down from the combination of well-aimed Imperial fire and the mis-thrown grenade, the Raiders were still badly outnumbered. As usual. The mercs obviously knew this, and changed tactics. They came charging in a massive group, firing as they went. Allowing himself a small smile, Dante unpinned his last frag and rolled it towards the corridor. It had bounced into the middle of the group before they realized what it was. It detonated violently, causing secondary explosions as pieces of superheated shrapnel penetrated a pipe carrying some kind of fuel. The corridor was an inferno for several moments, before the automated systems cut off the fuel supply and sprayed a sickly-green fire retardant throughout the corridor. Dante moved his rifle left and right, but no more mercs apppeared. He allowed himself a sigh of relief, which was cut short when he heard dozens of boot bounding as their owners ran towards the corridor. The first of the others appeared, followed by at least another squad, and opened fire. They cut him down in seconds, but more arrived to take his place.
We can't win this.

Marka waved the RAIDERS back before shooting the door-panel. The heavy blast doors slammed down with a shower of sparks, followed by a small fire and the odour of ozone as it crushed a dropped blaster neatly in two. Seconds later though, there was a pounding as the Hutt forces on the other side began to burn their way through.

Marka exhaled, then straighted. Looking Krayitrous in the eye, he gave orders to the squad.

"Looks like your plan is the only one we have left. I hope you know what you're doing, trooper..."

The Jester glanced at the now slightly bulging set of blast doors.

"because the mission, and all our lives, depends on it."
*HeavyWeapons *
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Revelation 6:8
Kraytirous
ComNet Novice

Kraytirous

Post Number:  38
June 12, 2008 7:25:20 PM    View the profile of Kraytirous 
A sense of guilt and anxiety overtook Kraytirous, his mind working overtime to try and think of the upcoming mini-mission. He quickly reviewed it to himself in his mind. We stealthily walk through the corridor, find the E-web placements, override any automated systems or kill the pilots and use them for ourselves. Frack, I sure hope that there aren't any snipers with the enemy...

Kraytirous nodded solemnly and looked towards the small door that had just been opened. He raised the pistol at his disposal and motioned with his other hand for everyone to follow him. He crept slowly forwards, his eyes slowly adjusting to the lack of lighting. The corridor smelt of rotten food, bile and all sorts of other byproducts that were left over the ages. Kraytirous flinched slightly, nearly splattering the guts of a small rodent all over the wall as it skittered by and into a small crack in the wall. Kraytirous whispered softly, "Sithspawn, how long is this corridor?"

After nearly three minutes of crouched walking, Kraytirous finally found himself a small slit in the wall that could fit an average sized humanoid. There was a bright yellow light shining from within it, the same color as that in the throne room. Kraytirous raised his hand behind him and three fingers. He quickly moved to the opposite side of the door, quietly and discreetly, and Dante moved to take his place. Kraytirous nodded at the trooper and Dante nodded back.

Once again three fingers were raised and Dante lowered them one by one. As soon as the third went down, Kraytirous jumped forwards and raised his pistol. His first reaction barely had enough time to come to fruition as Dante pushed him aside, raised his pistol and shot the man sitting behind the Eweb. A wet gurgling sound was made as the man slumped to the side. "Nice shot, sir." Kraytirous crisply examined the Eweb, the same kind they had on the training camp. "Maybe we should synchronize when we open fire, so that we can catch them off guard? Because the way I figure, if one of us opens fire, the others will catch on and return fire." Dante nodded and stepped out of the small compartment. Kraytirous readjusted his comm so that it hung on his collar, allowing him to access it easily. The last sound Kraytirous heard from the squad was the rustling of clothes as they moved on.

Kraytirous began to wander to himself, I wonder who's gonna be the others taking the other Ewebs..."

Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1377
June 16, 2008 10:52:26 AM    View the profile of Dante 
There was a whine as Krayitrous opened fire with the commandeered E-Web. Bolts of superheated crimson plasma melted through armour plating, flesh, and then the humming generators powering the guns. The surprised gunners never had a chance to return fire or even scream as the power cells went up in gouts of flame and smoke, throwing shrapnel and aeresolised particles of melted metal in all directions.

Most of the hostile E-Webs were scattered across the chamber, and only a few of the gunners could even be identified as humanoids. Two of the heavy repeating blasters had survived the barrage, and they now began to return fire. Red energy pounded the area, melting inch deep holes in the rock and durasteel, and one of the remaining overhead lights exploded violently as a reflected blaster bolt impacted directly on it. Transparisteel fragments rained down from the ceiling in all directions from the shattered lgihts, and the chamber was cast into near darkness, with what little illumination there was coming from the blaster bolts now giving the massive room a blood-red tint.

As Dante moved into position behind another doorseal, he heard a scream, followed shortly afterwards by a loud gurgle. Instantly, the rhythm of fire slackened as one of the gun turrents fell silent. The other RAIDERS had knocked the second gunner out of the fight.

One to go.

There was no more time to waste. Enemy forces were doubtless on their way and would storm the throne room at any moment.

Dante stepped out from behind the doorseal, a DC-17 in his hand. The gunner had heard the hiss of the doorseal, and was standing there with a small, draw-out blaster pistol. The wolf-man snarled and depressed the trigger. There was a wave of heat as a trio of bolts flew millimeters past the Corporal's head. Dante held down the weapon's trigger and emptied the power cell into the creatures head. The enemy's weapon dropped to the ground with a clatter as its body melted away under the relentless fire. Dante thumbed the safety on and let the emptied clip fall. Ignoring the acrid smell of burned insulation and fur, he checke the fallen hostile's repeater. It still worked, and Dante was confident he could man the weapon. There would be some loss of accuracy, due to both the absence of his HUD and another trooper to police the generator, but if the mercs could do it he could too.

"Corporal Dante to RAIDERS, E-Web neutralised."

"Copy that, Corporal" Marka replied. "Stay in the cover. We're about to have company."

The blast doors behind the dais hissed, then slid apart with a screech of metal on stone. Dozens of Worga's men rushed out, only to be consumed by the crossfire from the three E-Webs.

"Keep it up!"

The bodies piled up, and the attackers were soon tripping over the bodies of the fallen. Despite this, they kept on coming. Dante bit back a string of curses as a stray bolt impacting on the durasteel doorseal behind him, leaving a half meter wide hole in its surface.

The Sithspawn keep on coming...
*HeavyWeapons *
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited June 16, 2008 11:09:11 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited June 16, 2008 11:09:12 AM)]
Aeos
ComNet Marshal

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1915
Total Posts:  3141
June 16, 2008 11:27:28 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
“Dammit Ae, where the hell are we going?” Quillia asked frustrated through wheezing gasps of breath. The Platoon Sergeant smiled softly; glad to see the trooper was already at ease and home around her superior. They have been darting around corners for the past ten minutes since fleeing from the confrontation taking place between Kami and Lodur.

“The enemy is simply too overwhelming,” she muttered briefly before checking the map of her datapad again.

Strangely enough, with the death of Pasck enemy fire increased with even more velocity and currently Aeos was leading Quillia through a network of servant corridors and kitchen ways in order to avoid blatant confrontation.

“If only I can get in contact with Merr or Snipes, “
“You’ve got a plan, don’t you?”

“Yep, -oh!”

The automatic clicks and reload of blaster pistol echoed through the narrow servent corridor as Merrick and Aeos raised their weaponry at one another. Upon recognizing the Executive Prefect’s face Aeos lowered her pistol.

“Well, talk about the devils, I wanted to get in contact with you lot,” Aeos muttered holstering her pistol.
She leaned against a wall, and slid down till she was seated on her rear. Merrick quirked at eyebrow at the Squad Leader’s relaxed attitude but left it at that. Snipes on the other hand chuckled and joined her at her side.

“There’s too many, Raiders is semi-trapped from what I can gather on this thing-“ she gestured the small radio around vividly. Earlier it smashed into a wall as an explosion rocked her off her feet destroying its two-communications capability. “-and the same goes for Jester,”

“You have something in mind?”

“Yes, we gather all our forces, call Rogueboy with the boat back or get back to the elevator shaft, and flush this place, we can come back for Ragnarok later. Let’s just drown these merc rats and get it over with, “ Aeos tiredly muttered while leaning with her head on her arms as she talked.

“Sounds good enough for me, I’m starving for a drink, I’ll get back to Raiders and talk them through with this, I would say the elevator shaft will be the best place to escape, Snipes concurred as he stifled a yawn.

“I trust Kami to take care of Worga, best leave his doom up to her,” Merrick suggested. Aeos nodded in agreement. 

“Good, I’ll say we meet up in an hour at the shaft where the Jesters first enetered the base, Snipes you will be heading down to meet up with your squad, I need you to then meet up with the Jesters.  Aeos, Quillia, we’re going to need to find the control room or something to see how the water shafts work, lets get to work guys,”  Merrick ordered while she grabbed both Snipes and Aeos by their collars and heaved them up with surprising strength.
PA/PSG_Aeos/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath
SL/PSG_Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD]
DI/PSG Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]

Dante
ComNet Veteran

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1388
June 18, 2008 7:32:06 AM    View the profile of Dante 
There were a series of flashes and the last hostile went down, his armour melted completely away and his chest reduced to blackened slag. The chamber became very quiet, and Dante heard nothing but the hiss of sparks impacting on durasteel and the breathing of his squadmates.

"Looks like that's the last of them." X-Ray ventured.

Dante hoped the Lance Corporal was right. Maybe this nightmare of a mission was over. Maybe they could somehow blow this construct and complete the mission. Maybe they could leave without losing any more Raiders. Unggoy and Voth: already more casualties than the Raiders had suffered on any other mission. Dante's hand unconsciously dropped to the pair of dull and scratched metal rectangles clipped to his waist.

There was a roar, followed by the whine of a bowcaster.

Or maybe not.

Marka sighted through his rifle's scope and fired a trio of blaster bolts. The first slagged the Wookie's helmet and scorched the simian's muzzle. The second and third reduced it's head to ash and skull fragments.

The sound of pounding feet grew louder in Dante's ears as the second wave of Worga's mercs ran towards the throne room. Based on just the sound, the Corporal knew this was a fight they would lose. The E-Webs were running low on power cells, the hostiles were well armed, and the RAIDERS were outnumbered at least four to one. Grimly he turned the barrel slightly and held down the firing mechanisms. The barrel shuddered as crimson energy streamed out and into the human wave. Dozens fell under the crossfire, but even more took their place. Blaster bolts flew in all directions as the enemy returned fire from behind cover.

Marka made his way over to the open blast doors, using the debris scattered around the once pristine chamber to avoid the random fire. Flipping back part of a durasteel panel, he pressed a series of controls. The blast doors slammed together, the metal emitting a series of dull clangs as the laser fire impacted onto it. As soon as the doors had hissed shut, Marka aimed and fired a pair of shots into the controls. There was a shower of sparks, followed by a crackle as the heat of the plasma started a small electrical fire.

"Let's go, Raiders. We can't stay here, and we can't go back."

"We can, however, leave." boomed a familiar voice.

"Sir!"

The RAIDERS snapped to attention.

"So what took you so long?" Namyr asked indignantly.

"Oh, ran into a few snags here and there." Snipes airily replied, carelessly waving the barrel of his blaster pistol around. "but we have to go. Now. Rogueboy's waiting with an entire squad in the docking bay, and Aeos's about to flood this place."

Without further delays, the Raiders moved. They ran into several unfortunate mercs, who were quickly cut apart by well aimed bursts of blaster fire but there was little other opposition. According to the broadcasted orders, most of the potential opposition was busy trying to repair the damage caused by the twin attacks on the base. There were leaks everywhere, and the corridors smelled faintly of ocean water. Several times, the RAIDERS found themselves walking through waist deep water.

After what seemed like an eternity, the troopers found themselves in a well lit room filled with machinery and submarines in various states of sea-worthiness. With a distinct feeling of relief, Dante saw figures in pristine ivory armour for the first time in over a month.

At last.

His relief was short-lived, however, as the nearest trooper brought his E-11 rifle up to firing height.

"Halt!"

"Stand down, Corporal."

Rogueboy emerged from the Vast Imperial submarine, wearing light body armour and holding a heavy blaster pistol.

"Get on board, now. We're leaving."

The RAIDERS quickly filed on board, followed by the pair of stormtroopers and Rogueboy. The officer nodded to the pilot. The sub's repulsorlifts whined and it rose an inch above the floor. There was a quiet hum as it passed through the force field, followed by a series of thumps as the propulsion drives activated. The vessel vanished into the darkness, leaving the base in its wake.
*HeavyWeapons *
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Fingers be Uncrossed! (Phase 2)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:25:01 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 45  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >