Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > RK, the Man behind the Helmet. Personal Memoirs

Author
Topic:  RK, the Man behind the Helmet. Personal Memoirs
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  425
Total Posts:  823
  RK, the Man behind the Helmet. Personal Memoirs
April 16, 2008 5:51:42 PM    View the profile of RK 
Naboo/ Capitol Building/ 0622 hours /3 years ago

Ryan Karrax was motionless, the fact he was here in the first place scared him the most. Never in his entire life had he thought he would be doing this, he was a racer by heart; Yet something drew him to doing this line of work. Maybe it was to avenge his mother, maybe it was because he like the armor, or maybe he just needed a hobby. yea, that’s it a hobby, not like working on speeders is a hobby. He tried to fight it, but he just couldn’t, his mother had died and he wasn’t there to protect her. Now he would do whatever it took to avenge her, even if it didn’t fill the gap.

It had been two hours, Standard Galactic time, since he had arrived at the position he was now sitting at. He was starting to think he wasn’t going to arrive, like usual someone tipped the target off letting them know they had a bounty on there head; then they would never show. This is going to put me out of business.

Luckily, this wasn’t one of those occasions. Right on time, a speeder pulled up to the Capitol building. It was eloquent, like most of Naboo… Ryan hated it. Well, at least they won’t have to worry about transportation.

He double-checked his Katarn Armor HUD, Which he had modified to connect straight to the holonet. It was almost like having a datapad stuck straight into your face, only his HUD made a Datapad look like a thing of the past. Ryan quickly went through his saved data trying to find the picture of the man he was looking at, after a few more minutes he found it. The man’s name was Grant Rok’la. Well, that’s nice.  It might have been weird for a Mando'a wanting to know the name of the man he was about to kill, but it didn’t bother him. He was Mando'a at heart and that’s what mattered.

As Ryan took a double check into his head he noticed that the man had moved. Di’kut, he could at least make himself an easier target, then again that’s what you get for double checking everything. There was another downside to making sure he got the right person, it took time, precious time. Something a bounty Hunter couldn’t waste. It was to late now though, he had to find the guy.

Quickly he shoved the clip on the DC-17M onto his belt. He used the zoom in feature on his visor to see if he could spot the guy. It wasn’t hard he had stopped in front of the doors, talking. Maybe this guy really is a Di’Kut, then again, most targets don’t know it.

Ryan un-hooked the gun, drew it. He had limited time, soon Grant would disappear into the building and He would lose his chance until he came out, he couldn’t risk it. He aimed, sloppy; And fired.

Screams were heard and it was satisfying to see the body of his victim crumpled up on the ground. It’s a dirty job, but someone’s got to do it. Then without a tought he was gone, fading back into the shadows.

Then out of nowhere he was back to that day... that day that changed his life... forever.
TRP/CPL RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES] [2nd Class] [CoR]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

"I am the best at what I do, only what I do isn't very nice" - wolverine
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  426
  RE: RK, the Man behind the Helmet. Personal Memoir
April 16, 2008 7:52:04 PM    View the profile of RK 
Coruscant/Kenobi(Karrax) Residence/ 2200 hours/ 7 years ago/ Coruscant after dark.

The whole place wreaked of smoke; and blood, it was palpable, almost suffocating. He was having trouble staying up. He shouldn't of rushed in like he did. Why can't you just listen once and a while,. Then again, he was a stubborn.

Even though his whole body ached from the explosion, the HE had set off; Ryan still pressed forward. It wasn't like he was just going to give up, if he did, she would die. Then again, if there were another of those traps she could already be dead. No she's not, I know it.

He was starting to think about grabbing his Katarn armor from his room, but time was against him, the armor was replaceable his mom wasn't.

“GET OUT OF THERE YOU STUPID---!!” A voice called from outside; it was distant, but still loud, if his ears weren't still ringing he probably would have replied, but he didn't want even attempt it.

Ryan rounded the corner, the closer he got to his parents room the louder small cries could be heard. Hang on mom. He walked a little more forward. Taking careful steps, the metal was weakening under his feet. As soon as he took the final step to get into his parents room.; Two loud explosions went off.

-_-_-_-_-_-Outside the apartment Complex-_-_-_-

The sergeant of the Fire team was getting annoyed. If it wasn't enough he had a teenager that had rushed into the apartment, now bombs were being set off, and he wasn't going to send any of his Firefighters in there, specially since they didn't have the equipment to disarm a bomb.

“Corporal, update.” Sergeant Net'lo, asked as he heard another loud bang and heard the faint sound of debris falling inside.

“Various explosions going off, put tin door ways mostly, my guess is this job was done while the family was away, but I'm not police officer.” The Corporal said.

which reminds me where are those damn law enforcers. as soon as the sergeant thought it,he heard sirens. Two flashing lights came up on there position and landed next to them. A Demolitions squad was already out of the armored speeder and on the move, heading towards the building, kits held along, lights turned on. wow,  they move fast

“Nice to see you sergeant, what's the status?” A man came up behind him and was breathing heavy. His head was shimmering in the light.

“Nice to see you to Lieutenant. Alright where should I start, there is at least one person trapped inside. Just a little bit ago a teen who lived hear came rushing in and started screaming. He slipped out of our grip and headed into the house. And explosion went off as he disappeared into the house. Since then three more explosions, my guess, he's dead, but who knows. Its a good thing you got here when you did. Oh, you might want to tell your team about the bombs.”  the sergeant said looking over at Joe.

“Already done, by the way you should write a book 'Just another day on the job.'” He gave a half hearted laugh and patted the sergeant on the back. Heading off to keep tabs on his squad.
-_-_-Inside the Kenobi(Karrax) Apartment-_-_-_-_-

Ryan forced as much debris out of the way as he could. His hands were bleeding and the explosions were making it worse. They weren't big enough to kill him, but it was a surprise he hadn't been killed by debris. His mouth tasted like he had just sucked on copper.

Di'kute, I will kill you whoever did this. He pried some more metal but cut his hand again, very severely. He winced. As he looked up a light was looking above him. He tried to speak, but the smoke was starting to get to him, he was passing out and his mind was starting to slip him.

The man above him picked him up and threw him over his shoulder. That was the last thing he remembered.

-_-_-Outside the Apartment-_-_-

“Sir, we've located the kid, he's unconscious, but breathing, probably from to much smoke inhalation, were bringing him out. Me and Inko are going to being him out the rest of the team are going to try and get past the debris blocking the rest of the way.” Karlan said over the commlink. Joe let out a sigh of relief. He was glad one was alive, that feeling left him in a matter of seconds. That's when he realized, he should have been more panicked, this wasn't a normal  situation it wasn't like fire was inside the building. It was just a matter of taking your time.

He could see Karlan walking out of the apartment with Inko close behind. They were carrying the boy, who looked about 16-17. He was bleeding and bruised all over, but it didn't look like anythign serious. Some People have all the luck

“Lieutenant, we got past the debris and the news isn't good. There's a dead body on this side. The last explosion must have killed her, we can't find anything else, were heading out.”

Sometimes, people lived sometimes people died. Though he hated to see that part of his job. He still had to tell the family. Even if they weren't going to be able to take it. Life sucked, that's all there was to it.

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  430
April 21, 2008 4:02:50 PM    View the profile of RK 
Coruscant/Medical Center/0222 hours/ 7years ago

Ryan woke up, his whole body ached. He barely opened his eyes, they felt like they were welded shut. He tried to yell out in agony, but the blisters on his body wouldn't let him. He didn't even know where he was at or how he had gotten here.

He slowly sat up; his vision was still a little blurred, but he could see enough to tell what was in the room. It was almost pure white, he was sitting on a bed that were white. He wore a gown that was white, with blue dots on it. He instantly knew where he was, the Med center. He still didn't know why, he couldn't remember much, last thing he knew he was on the ground and a light shown above him. Am I...Dead? Ryan asked himself.

“Ah, good your awake,  your dad should be in in a few moments” A nurse said. She had brown hair, but that's the only feature Ryan could distinguish, his vision hadn't improved since he had woke up. He just nodded and laid back down.

It seemed like hours had gone by. His vision was starting to get better, he could actually make shapes out. He started to wander off as a knock came on the door and his dad walked in.

“Hey, bud. How you doing?” Tripp Karrax asked as he came in and sat down next to his son. Eying the scars on Ryan's body.

“g..ood.” He stammered, style trying to regain his consciousness. He was pretty beat up.

“That's good, you shouldn't have done that, it was stupid.” Tripp said, trying to keep his voice level.

“I...I...kn.ow, how's mom.” Ryan glanced over at his dad. His face started to cloud over, what had Ryan said. At that moment Ryan could have swore he saw his dad cry.

“I'm sorry son..” Tripp tried to fight back the obvious, but he knew this was coming. “..She's gone” He got up and left.

Ryan could feel tears starting to swell up. The pain throughout his body was gone, fueling his anger. He couldn't do anything right now. Soon, he could feel his anger residing, and the pain coming back. Then he blacked out.

RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  440
April 26, 2008 2:21:31 PM    View the profile of RK 
Coruscant/5 years ago/Local Speeder Track/ 0500 hours

It was a bright sunny day, not a cloud filled the sky of the metallic city below. RK stood on a podium, his hands shaking form excitement. What had brought him here was a mystery , still he had made a promise, or what seemed like a promise, to his mother years before; Now if she was only here to see it.

The podium slowly rose up, RK had to grab onto the railing. Fierfek. He thought. It was to late to back out, right now his dad was checking over the Koro-2 Exo Drive speeder that RK was going to race. One mis-calibration and RK could take a unpleasant dive, it was just one of the dangers that came along with being a racer.

As the podium continued to rise, something possessed him to look over ths side of the platform. It scared him that only the railing and a pole was keeping them from tumbling to a bloody death below. 

“Listen up, as soon as this thing stops the crowd will quiet, that’s when we will do all the announcements and stuff. Then we’ll introduce you two, the rookies.” The announcer told them. He really didn’t need to say anything, after all RK knew just to stand there and wave; How hard was that. He looked over at his fellow rookie. He was a Echani, the mandalorians nemesis, he stood about the same height as RK. His hair looked light-blue, in reality it was a silver color. His eyes were silver as well, and every time he would look at RK something sent chills down his spine. He has  been introduced to RK as Dax Tyro.

They finally stopped, and just as the announcer had said, the crowd got quiet. It was odd standing in font of a bunch of people, he had probably gotten it from his dad. RK sat down, his heart was pounding, it was only a matter of minutes before he climbed into that speeder and sped around a track where death met him at every corner. As he continued to go through all the possibilities of what could happen.

“Welcome to the 25th annual Coruscant Classic.” The crowd cheered, the announcer let them go, no point in trying to calm them down;RK wondered if they were as excited as he was, then again most of what he was feeling was probably adrenaline. “For years we have been entertaining the Coucanti people, as well as other worlds with high octane speeder racing, now we are going to do it again for the 25th time” The announcer paused again and more cheer rang, then he looked back at Ryan and Dax.  “Right now however I would like to announce the arrival of two new racers, Ryan Karrax and Dax Tyro!” The announcer stepped back and let RK and Dax step up in the limelight.

Ryan stood up and waved, smiling the whole time. Dax had a gruffer look, he had his arms crossed and kept a straight face the whole time. Ryan didn’t know why, but he was starting to get a bad feeling about this. As he continued to wave the podium slowly declined. It was race time.

Coruscant/3 years ago/ Coruscant Classic/0589 hours
“Alright, you’ve never done anything like this before, so just stay calm. It’s just like a normal drive around town, only going a lot faster.” Kal Karrax, Ryan's dad, told Ryan numerous times as they drove to the track. Ryan was already nervous, this wasn’t helping.

“I understand, besides I have a passenger.” Ryan said. A little bit of optimism in his voice. His dad instantly knew what he was talking about.

“good luck, your going to need it.” Kal walked away, leaving Ryan to wonder what was going to happen.

Stay calm, it’s easier than your making it out to be. He tried to calm himself down, but nothing was working. He didn’t know what the outcome of the race was going to be, but he just hoped he would be able to live through it.

He slid behind the controls of the Kor-2 Exo Drive. They were basic controls; steering sticks, engine turn on/off, acceleration, break. As well as that he also had his basic gauges; coolant gauge, fuel gauge, speed gauge, heat gauge, damge gauge, and some other’s that he had added including radar. He had upgraded so it could wither be raced or just flown around in the coruscant skies.

He slid his helmet on and checked the system maintenance panel, he turned on every switch that needed it, then went through the start up sequence. Checking every detail to make sure nothing was out of order. When he heard the satisfying humm of the engine come to life; he got an adrenaline rush. He couldn’t wait to get started.

“We are aobut to get started here at the 25th annual coruscant classic, the racer’s have already started there engines, they are just waiting for the go signal. While we wait let’s go through the starting line up. In first we have Dax Tyro, one of the rookies. However, he shows a lot of potential. In second we have the reigning champion Ben h’kil. Third is occupied by Yogurt. Fourth is taken by Go’k Tan. Fifth we have the other rookie, Ryan Karrax, driving the only Koro-2 on the track….” The announcer continued to ramble off the line up. Not that anyone was listening.

Time seemed to go by slowly as Ryan sat in his speeder. Even though only a few seconds had passed. The announcer had stopped talking nonsense and the red light appeared above them. “Gentlemen, get ready, set… GO!!” 

Ryan hit the accelerator and he was off; so was everyone else. I think I’m going to be sick.
TRP/CPL RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR]

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > RK, the Man behind the Helmet. Personal Memoirs  |  New Posts    

All times are CST. The time now is 3:18:22 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 201  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >