Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Specialty Storynet > Jester character development

(Restricted Division(s):  ARMY)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Jester character development
Rahhu
ComNet n00b

Rahhu

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  25
  RE: Jester character development
November 20, 2005 1:27:30 AM    View the profile of Rahhu 
Rahhu had woken up to a few slight noises a small distance away from his bunk, he could only see blurs as he got up. "What, no early training today?" He smirked on reached for his shirt as he stood up. He walked over to grab a small amount of coffee to keep him awake. Rahhu had been up late the night before in the close combat training rooms.

He took a seat at the table and pulled a small datapad from his pocket and looked it over. On the datapad screen was multiple lists of previous battles that had taken place in the Corps, he was studying the tactics used in modern warfare compaired to older tactics. Rahhu lost track of the others around him for a moment while he was reading.

-----------
I'll have to finish this later...tired
Keef
ComNet Novice

Keef

Post Number:  27
Total Posts:  29
January 5, 2006 4:17:43 AM    View the profile of Keef 
as Keef awoke from his undisturbed slumber he looked arround the room and saw everyone else sound asleep and decided that it would be jsut another one of "those days". he carefully got out of bed quietly and got changed. Keef then hurriedd out the door being careful to not make the slightest noise and began his morning run. After the long and exhausting run, Keef sliped into the shower to cool off and then made himself a nice hot mug of coffee. while Keef was enjoying his coffee the others began to stur. as Abby rose from his slumber Keef said
"Up early just like every other morning it see"

-----------------------
Jester Squad
TRP/PFC Keef/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Andrew Shadows
ComNet n00b

Andrew Shadows

Post Number:  5
Total Posts:  12
May 28, 2006 2:18:16 PM    View the profile of Andrew Shadows 
MOS : 12B Combat Engineer

General Skills Training

Skill 1 - Basic Electronics/Wiring

--(Time - 0300)--
--(Apt CPLX XS)--

Andrew was walking down the hallway that was set off in an odd shade of blue by the glowlamps that were secured along the wall. His guide, Lieutenant Kyle Levon was slightly ahead of him. Both Imperials were on their way to the E.D.E (Electronics Development and Engineering) labrotories nearby. It was here that Andrew would learn his first steps as a Combat Engineer, and learn how about many different electronics he would come across on the battle field, and even more how to wire them.

After many glow lamps and turns both of the soldiers arrived at the shuttle pad. LT Levon looked at Andrew and nodded. "This is your ride Private Shadows. Take this shuttle to bay EDE-012A and Sergeant Makor will be awaiting you there." Andrew came to a salute, and the LT returned it. "Good luck Private, we could use more great thinkers out on the battle field instead of blaster bolts for brains. Andrew kept a straight face, but had a grin on the inside, and entered the shuttle.

--(Time - 0330)--
--(SHTL Black 2)--

Andrew rested his head against durasteele wall that the bench he and the other five soldiers were sitting on was bolted to. Looking around at the faces he could definantly tell that these men were all nervous, but they also looked younger than him as well. The prior I.O.C.I experience he had would help him in keeping his cool in the ranks, but even he was a bit excited about this new life in the Empire. "So are all of you fresh enlistments?" asked Andrew.

Catching the attention of the other TRPs, each nodded slightly. Three were going in as Communications Technicians and the other two Combat Engineers like Andrew. He could tell by the equipment bags that each trooper had with them. All six had been issued the equipment once they left drill squad, and were going to be useing it all in their studies. The Communications Technicians looked like they were the pack mules for this course, so it was apparant that they were going to be taking more extensive training in this class.

After sitting for almost fourty five minuets in the shuttle, the pilot began to speak from the cockpit. "Alright gentlemen. I am Captain Da-Rui Merris. I'll be excorting you from this shuttle to hangar office, where your training instructor will recieve you and take you from there. No talking, no running, no blaster fire with out orders, no questions, no advice, and most of all stay in step and dress right once we exit this shuttle. Follow behind me from there until we reach the office. We are Imperial soldiers and shall present ourselves as such at all times. Remember we are in civilian area and that we must set a prime example. You have been briefed, fall in." After the quick speech the Captain walked out of the shuttle and awaited the troopers to line up.

--(0400)--
--(E.D.E Lab)--

The seven soldiers marched in step and in file all the way to the office. Many heads turned as the Imperial presence was well noticed in the hangar. Captain Merris haulted the squad at the office door, where he slid his ID cylinder into the ID panel. The door slid open and the hangar control bay was quite a sight for the new recruits. It was a mixture of Imperial and civilian staff working many different hangars at once. There were other stormtroopers in the control bay, but these were ones in the white armor and were on duty. Captain Merris motioned for the six troopers to follow him again, after he finished speaking with one of the female officers in the bay.

After another five minuets walk, the men arrived at their destination. Standing infront of the office doors were two different men in the same garrison uniform that Andrew and the others were in. The two men came to a salute as the Captain stoped infront of them. "At ease. Here are your soldiers, Sergeants. Carry on." The Captain then turned and walked away. The Sergeant on the left stepped out and spoke clearly, but not overly loud. "Alright soldiers, this is how we are going to do this. I am going to call out your name and you are going to follow Sergeant Jiyuan. The rest shall stay and follow me. Shadows! Venator! Wallkins!"

The three troopers were granted ease as soon as they walked up to the Sergeant. "You gentlemen are here to learn now, not to practice how good you can look. So lets head on to the lab, but try to get sharp when you see a superior somewhere." The team of soldiers then walked down the hallway to the left, as the others walked to the right. Once they reached a room that said Electronics Training in big black letters on the holoscreen over the door, they haulted and waited on the Sergeant to slide his ID cylinder into terminal. When the door opened and all the men took their seats the class started.

SGT Jiyuan began his lectures. "Okay, first things first..."

--(1400)--
--(ELECTRONICS TRAINING)--

After what seemed like an endless day of discussions, it was now up to the final part of this training. Each trooper had to rewire a ComLink, a twin E-11  turrent, and a DataPad. The troopers were paired into teams for this project, to get the job done more efficiently and correctly. Andrew was paired with Private First Class Kell Ulcise, an apparant genious from the observation Andrew had given him today during class. Both troopers were rather close in their scores in class today, but only one person could get scored the top of class.

The paired two were working hard at getting each item rewired. The DataPad was going to be the easiest due to the simple dual phase running paths and single channel crossovers. It was completed within five minuets by Andrew. The ComLink was a little bit harder due to the channel switch and transmission scrambler. Ulcise completed it in eight minuets.The next item was a team item that both most rewire. Andrew looked over the schematic quickly, as did Kell. "It would be easier if we went brain wires, power wires." suggested Kell. "I aggree. Lets get this junk fixed." replied Andrew.

The first step would be placing togeather the main brain of the cannon. The memory card, as well as the sensor chip were disconnected, and needed fresh wires to connect them to the drive chip. Kell began working on placing the wires to connect the memory card to the driver, and Andrew began running and heatro-roding the wires to their new locations in the cannon. One red and one yellow the wires triggered power and ground. The next would be the Tx/Rx or Transmit and Receive wires, black for Transmit and blue for Receive. Now that the main source wires were connected, it had to run a wire from the Tx/Rx core to the the memory card.

Kell ran an orange wire for the primay channel wire, and Andrew ran a red for the power. After the two wires were secured it was time to place the brain in and connect the two parts to it. Sweat was building on Andrew's forehead and palms as he continued the precise works of wiring. He wanted to wipe it, but even a split second could cause him and his partner the test, just like it could cost their lives in the battlefield. "Finish the channel cables from the E-11's to the brain and we'll be done with this." stated Andrew to Kell. "Got it." he responded quickly as he began heatro-roding the thicker cables up to the chip in the E-11's cpu. After several more wires being put into place, Andrew and Kell put the plates back ober the Twin E-11.

When the exercise was ended the Instructor graded all of the items on speed, fucntionability, performance and teamwork of all the troopers. The Instructor called out that only six of the twelve students passed this course. Luckily Andrews was one of the passing ones. Ulcise failed his examination because of the ComLink being unfunctional. The Instructor then looked around, "As for top of the class it was a very hard decision. It came down to PFC Shadows and PFC Nulic. Both showed extream focus and talent today, but only one showed the skills I saw nessisary to say they are the best in class. Nulic ensured his team wone, not just himself. I hope that this is a lesson learned to everyone in the class. Regardless of your talents, no one wins a battle alone. You must ensure your team survives so they can ensure you survive. Dismissed." Taking this lesson to mind, Andrew exited the classroom and went to his shuttle to return home.

Very good. Some of the most detailed stuff on the actual workings of wirings I've seen. Good character stuff at the beginning too. I would still like to see more about having your character taught the stuff or more about your character doing stuff, but I realize this is probably the most boring of CE stories. You still pass with flying colors. Just keep that in mind for future stories.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Andrew Shadows/Squad 1/Platoon 2/Company 1/Battalion 1/VEA
[This message has been edited by Andrew Shadows (edited May 28, 2006 9:44:22 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited May 28, 2006 9:59:23 PM)]
Andrew Shadows
ComNet n00b

Andrew Shadows

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  12
May 29, 2006 12:30:51 AM    View the profile of Andrew Shadows 
MOS : 12B Combat Engineer

General Skills Training

Skill 2 - Electrical Systems

--(1530)--
--(Apt XS)--
It was Andrew's third day studying electrics and their functionalitys. He was currently studying quietly at his own apartment on his day off. He had a big test coming up the next day and he had to really study for it. "I don't know how I'm going to pass this much material in this amount of time. But an ignorant trooper is a useless trooper, and I wont forget what happens to those who failed in their jobs.." Andrew looked back at the book before closing his eyes to to ease the stress pain behind them from reading all day. He then began to doze off.

He opened his eyes again in about ten minuets. He was lucky because he needed to study more than he needed sleep. A buzz on Andrew's door disturbed him from reading. Standing up he yawned and scratched the side of his head before walking over to the door. Looking out the peep hole he saw a Sergeant standing outside, in full trooper armor. This was odd considering there were no disturbances in this area, but he opened the door anyway. "May I help you Sergeant?"

The trooper ran inside and shut the door. "Hate to interrupt you Private First Class Shadows, but you have to come with me. Someone has hacked into the buildings security systems and is attacking Imperial citizens and forces in the apartment complex." stated the Sergeant, slightly out of breath. Andrew looked confused. "If thats your orders sir, may I grab some equipment first?" asked Andrew. The Sergeant nodded, and Andrew zipped through his equipment. He slipped on his enlisted Imperial black jacket to match the black pants he had on already. He also grabbed his DT-57 and an extra clip for it. The two soldiers then moved out.

--(1600)--
--(CPLX 12)--

Blaster fire riddled the hallway as the security blasters shot at the Sergeant and Private. "Stay down Private! Let me handle this!" screamed the sergeant. He then stepped out and opened fire on the E-Web ceiling mounted gun. Within seconds chunks of burnt flesh blew out of the sergeants back, as the E-Web shredded through him. Andrew continued to sit behind the wall, now looking at the two pieces of the SGT. "Never try to take out a weapon, take out the brain.. ..thats basic training Sarge.." Andrew stated as he looked around. He noticed a terminal at the end of the hallway, it had a camera on it which was watching his position. "And there it is. " he said under his breath as he took aim with the heavy blaster.

When the cross-hairs turned red and line perfectly with the camera lens, Andrew fired and blew the camera out of the terminal. The cannon was now blind, and it opened fire which shredded holes into the duracrete wall to his right. Chunks flew in the air and a white cloud began to form. This was perfect however, because now the lasers were more visible, and a pattern could be spotted. The cannon was firing from a forty degree angle and striking the wall about twenty to twenty four inches high. Sweat began to build on Andrew's head as he plotted his next move. He thought in his mind 'If I don't take a move eventually someone will find me.. ..and thats not good because the cannon for this hallway is still not activated. So that means the hacker hasn't fully accessed the security systems and he still had a chance to do something.'

The sound of footsteps alerted Andrew. He turned to see three stormtroopers behind him. "Freeze civilian!" shouted one of them. Andrew quickly displayed his ID hanging from his neck. "I am a trooper! I could use some assistance, if you don't mind." The Lance Corporal leading the small team cleared him and posted behind him. "Whats the situation Engineer?" asked the Corporal.

Andrew was in a bit of shock but he decided he should get used to being asked such questions. The lives of these troopers was going to be in his hands. He cleared his throat and spoke. "The weapon is blinded sir. I have found a pattern in the fire and am about to take the crawl to that terminal over there, if thats okay with you sir." The Corporal shook his head. "Are you crazy?! You'll get ripped to pieces like that solider there! Just back out!" Andrew shook his head. "Sir, we have a matter of minuets until this guy takes the entire security systems and the rest of the defense weapons and safety mechanisms are unleashed against us and the rest of the civilians in the building. So we either take this shot or die tired!" The sprinkler systems kicked on after Andrew ended his sentence.

After his survey of the situation the Corporal decided to allow the young Engineer to take his chances. "Private, you are to regain control over the security systems here on this level, we believe this is a terrorist invade of the complex! You have five minuets before they reach this floor and capture this level!" there was no sound of play in the Corporal's voice. In a matter of minuets the invaders would be in the kill the rest of the troopers and claim this level of the complex. This could not be allowed to happen, Andrew had to reach that terminal in time and gain control of this level.

Tucking the heavy blaster in the back of his pants so he crawl under the stream of lasers firing at the wall, Andrew layed down flat and began to crawl. The heat from the lasers warmed his back as he went under. 'I have got to be the craziest bastard I know to be doing this.. ..if I move I'm dead, if I don't move I'm dead.. ..great odds!' Andrew thought as he continued to move as the bolts finally ate threw the first wall and was now starting on the next wall. Finally he was done and stood up to a slight crouch and grabbed his blaster. Tactically moving toward the terminal, incase the terrorist did decide to show up before ETA.

Upon reaching the terminal, Andrew layed his blaster on the terminal and signaled that he was clear back the corporal before he began typing into it. Andrew was no slicer but he knew how to work terminals already from his studies, and while he couldn't take over a building's security system.. ..he could take over a user profile.. he brought up the list of user names logged in to the terminal, he noticed that none appeared to have access to security. Meaning that the hacker was either hidden or was useing one of these names but hiding the clearance levels. There was twelve names logged in, that was to many to search over in his remaining time. So it meant he would have to manually re-wire this terminal to a separate power-source.

He looked at his blaster and sighed. "I just got this and I'm already screwing around with it." he stated out loud. He then proceeded to kick open the body casing and pull the power cord from the wall. Once that was completed the terminal shut off and Andrew had one energy pack from a heavy blaster and one powerless terminal, but this had stopped the gun fire. "Excellent work Private! Now get us those E-Webs!!"

Andrews now had beads of sweat running from his face and his palms very moist. Laser fire was now heard as the terrorist made their way up the staircase. Andrew stuck the dual headed channel wire to the two clips, allowing them both to channel energy. He then spliced the wire and ran the power cord from the terminal to the wires. He inhaled and held his breath, because he knew he'd only have about one minuet and a half at most to do this before the energy cells were dead. He exhaled and pressed the power button.

The screen was fuzzier now due to low power mode being on. He could still see it clear enough to check the names now. The reboot had scrambled the mask over the hacker and a level 9 name was now present. Andrew laughed since his plan worked. "I need a security code Corporal!!" yelled Andrew. "IT118BX0, hurry they're coming up!!" 'This definitely doesn't help my stress..' thought Andrew as he typed to code in quickly. As soon as he hit the accept button, the screen popped up with security protocols for the floor, Andrew activated Imperial Defense Protocols just as the terrorist reached the staircase to the floor he was on. The other cannons extended and opened fire on them, ripping them to pieces as it did the many Imperials they had killed.

Andrew blinked a few times before he noticed he was looking at the ceiling and laying on his bed. He had fallen asleep! It was all a dream! He was sure to fail his exam now and it was in three hours, but for some reason Andrew wasn't so stressed about it. Like a certain calm was about him now that he didn't know he had. He inhaled and exhaled slowly. In his mind the thought went threw 'I will have to use what I do know to my advantage. If I look at my down points I'll fail for sure.' With this in mind, Andrew went and got showered and dressed in duty uniform for class. He looked himself over in the reflevision before coming his hair back and walking to his shuttle.

--(0300)--
--(Complex XS Dock)--

Andrew waited on the shuttle to arrive. Today there were multiple people, pilots stormtroopers and even a few experienced officers would be heading to the E.D.E lab today. Hopefully this was his last day there, and he could move on to the next steps of his career. All staff was at ease obviously as the officers read over their Data-Pads and the line rankers spoke about new fighters and weapons issued out, as well as a few brags on accuracy and victories. After about ten minuets of wait however, the shuttle finally came. Andrew was sitting next to one of the other troopers, enjoying a story about some Catina he had gotten drunk at. The officers called all troops to attention before the shuttle landed, and his story was cut short.

The shuttle landed and out walked a Major. "I am Major Sykes. You soldiers and officers will be taking the shuttle Crimson 8 to the E.D.E Laboratories today. For most of you this is your last day there, and for some it is the day before. I am not a tight ship captain, I just ask that all crew remain seated and keep levels down and speak one at a time. I think thats fair for a safe and enjoyable trip to the E.D.E today. With this understood, you are all to board the shuttle and take your seats. Strap in and follow the rules." The pilot was a bit winded after the speech, but turned and took his seat back in the cockpit and got the systems proper for take off.

Andrew was third to take his seat, and he wasn't going to sit this ride. He had the hell rail. This nick name was gained by passengers and Stormtroopers alike riding on the ramp and holding the hand rails at the top with one hand. This gave his day a bad start. On the opposite side was a pilot in duty uniform, he looked rather busy doing some last minuet studying so Andrew decided not to disturb him. The only thing he could do was stand, and try to remember what he had learned.

--(0330)--
--(E.D.E Lab)--
After a good forty minuet ride Andrew was ready to leave the shuttle. Once the pilot exited the shuttle and all the troops lined up, one squad went behind one officer and the other went behind the second officer. Andrew followed the second squad to the final examination chamber. In the chamber stood a man in a white lab coat, standing next to him was a younger woman in her twenties also donning the white lab coat. Imperial Scientist, some of the cruelest beings to ever exist. These beings were often feared more than Imperial Guards by slaves, for horrible experiments rumored.

When the squad was in formation before the Scientist, the Officers fell out and exited the building. "Welcome soldiers, to the final part of your training here at the E.D.E Laboratory. I am Science Officer William Myrrs and this is my Adjutant Scientist Lisa Grallis. If you will all take a seat for a moment I will go over todays examination before we start." the scientist motioned his arm to the seats to the left of him. All the troopers were hesitant to sit, but all sat as ordered.

"Okay thank you, welcome to your final exam in the Electrical Systems field. Most of you are going to fail this examination, so I ask that if you feel you arnt going to pass please leave. If not, please remember the rules. No cheating, no talking, no leaving, no distractions, no fighting, no objects other than what is assigned to you at each part of the course." Taking a pause to inhale, the scientist then continued.

"This exam is split into two pieces. An oral exam with Adjutant Grallis.." a few chuckles were let out from the students. "Gentlemen, if we can grow up for a minuet I will continue.. ..okay, thank you. After the exam you will move on to a situation examination exam with me. This will show me what you would do, and how you would perform during a live situation. Now, if there are any questions please ask now or hold your comments and questions until after the exam." The scientist gained his breath again waiting on questions. "Very well, let the exam begin." was his final comment before the troopers lined up and took the Oral Exam.

It was tough for Andrew but he survived it, or so he wanted to believe. Now it was time for the simulation. This is where things would get complicated for him, as he wasn't positive if he knew it all. Finally he stood before the Science Officer at attention. "Name?" he asked. "Private First Class Shadows, sir!" Andrew said clearly as he stood firmly but steady. Looking over the multiple things that were electronic, he wasn't exactly sure what he would be doing.

The Science Officer looked over some screens on his Data-Pad and then looked up to Andrew. "Okay here is the situation. You are locked down with your squad behind a security door. There is a bomb on the other side that MUST be gotten to to be disarmed. The door's terminal has been damaged with no camera screen to see the other side so you must anticipate the enemies move. Begin when ready, you have five minuets once you begin."

Andrew took in a few breaths and stepped up to the locked security door that stood in the middle of the room. On the other side was the package his squad as going to need to get to. It was his objective, and his target. His training came down to this. He took his final step and exhaled and took another deep breath than began. Looking over the wires, on the damaged door Andrew could see that it had been shot with a blaster of high power. So who ever might be on the other side of this door is going to be packing serious heat. Andrew motioned for his holo-squad to move up to the door in pacification positions.

The timer began to tick down. 3 minuets hit and the Science Officer let Andrew know by shouting it at him, hoping the tension would break him. Andrew kept control though, thinking in his mind Heh, my dream was more stressful than this dull guy. If thats what this Empire is going to be like I want all in, but if my challenge is going to be fake doors and science officers the whole time I think I'm gonna puke. So lets get over this phase of training Andrew.' "One minuet thirty seconds." yelled the Science Officer. Andrew typed in multiple clearance codes the control panel had shown. None of them were working. He finally decided that cracking wasn't the method to use. With one minuet remaining he spiked the door which left his squad in danger.

With no choice but to spike the door, the spike sent a surge frying the security circuits temporarily. This made the door fly open and it exposed a holo bomber and the bomb. The squad moved in however due to Andrews call for pacification, and the bomber was stunned and brought to his knees, disarmed and strapped down while the bomb was disarmed by the other holotrooper. It was not good he had to spike the terminal, but that was always a last resort on a bomb threat, and his time was running out. The professor looked over. "So I see you spiked it instead of bypassing with a password. Any particular reason?" Andrew sighed. "I was running out of time, and a spike was the proper tactic that I felt we could use."

The Science Officer smiled slightly "Its okay, you pass with a ninety. A spike is the only way to pass this exam unless you can code beyond human speeds and manage to unscramble the one correct password from the eighteen incorrect passwords. Congratulations Engineer. Andrew was shocked. So he had gained two experiences out of this whole ordeal that day. Knowing your enemy is always the best tactic when in a tight situation. And useing extreme methods are often necessary in a tight situation as well, so don't be afraid to take them. This knowledge on top of the knowledge gained on electronics would help him become a better engineer in future services, and would definitely be an alternative to some situations that most people wouldn't know to take.

Superb. Very well planned out. I especially like the dream. It gave you an oppertunity to show us your character, and you, know electronics and such with a special twist that wouldn't normally work in the reality. Nice job. Only thing I can say is make sure you put all your quotation marks down. Other than that, you passed once again with extracredit from me.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Andrew Shadows/Squad 1/Platoon 2/Company 1/Battalion 1/VEA
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited May 29, 2006 4:01:22 PM)]
RK
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  823
June 4, 2006 2:45:38 PM    View the profile of RK 
  RK stepped in to the office and headed to the desk straight in front of him, think positive thoughts, He was nervous which was understandable considering this was all new to him and that it was his first spec , that he was trying for.
  "Well, hello there, Private Ryan Kenobi,"  a voice said from the side, RK whirled to face the voice. " I'm the vehicle instructor, my name's Violet", said the lady right in front of him, he was speechless.
  "Yeah", was all RK could manage to say.
  "Please follow me," Violet said leading the way.
  Why wouldn't I,RKthought chuckling to himself.
  They finally stopped at the docking bay where thousands of vehicle could be seen.All Rk could do was blink this was the biggest place that he'd ever seen.
  "Now as it says here, you prefer a repulsor lift or a speeder bike that correct?", Violet asked.
  "Um, yeah", RK couldn't turn his head away from the docking bay.
  "If you would follow me"
  They went down two flights of stairs until they got to another section of the hangar, in this area there where a thousand more vehicle, but instead of being colored like all the other the where colored purple, which instantly meant they must be training vehicles.
  "If you would please choose one out of the categories you picked will get this underway", violet said walking off and leaving RK to do what he had to.
  This may take a while, RK thought as he headed towards the speeder bikes.
  After ten minutes of deciding he finally chose the Nightfalcon Speeder Bike.
  "Have you decided?", Violet asked rushing back, "I have to go do some paper work so Hes going to do your training", with that she walked off.
  "Alright, let's go", the trainer said, not even bothering to introduce himself, walked off grabbed a bike and told RK to follow him.
  "Let's get started now, you've probably flown one of these before, but let me refresh your memory", he went on to showing RK the controls.
  "First, well talk about the controls of the vehicle", the trainer said.
  Are we ever going to pilot these things, RK hated to sit and listen to orders but he had to do what he had to do.
    "Okay, the clutch, first let's start the vehicle, press the clutch button and then hit the start button"
    What does he think I am stupid, but he did it anyway. RK pressed the clutch and then depressed so that he could start the engine once he did that the engine roared to life.
  "Good, Good, now put some gas onto it and we'll fly to the checkpoint", the trainer said demonstrating to RK.
    Rk pressed the gas and the bike took off, RK was having a hard time keeping control of the bike, twice he almost ran into a pole that showed the path of where he had to go, when he finally made it to the end off the track he hit the brake and stopped the engine then climbed off the bike.
    "Good for your first run private, but there are two more basic things you must know before you take the final Vehicle operator test", he paused so he could catch his breath, "okay, first, the gadges these gadges must be checked every so many seconds you'll learn that in navigation," the trainer started to ramble off the names of the gadges, "this one well, that's easy this one is your speed gadge, this ones is your milage so that you know if you have reached you destination, and lastly this gadge that you'll learn more about in you navigation training is the tracking gadge it tells you if you've ove rdone your target," the trainer paused just as he got a call on his comlink.
    Well, now if he doesn't feel stupid, RK chuckled at his humor, that some considered stupididity, well  it didn't help that he had adhd, and he really was getting tired.
    "Aright, here is the final thing you must know, this is not a toy and must not be used like one, you got that, now let'sw finish this you have to make it back to the base from here, now there is a catch you have to make it back on a different route and that route is what they marked out for you now on your way there you will be given instructions from me on how to pilot this better and tips for faster travel, last but not least, you must have concentration if you stop for any other reason then, to check the bike or unless i tell you to you will have to start over, you read me?", the trainer was getting strict now.
  "Read you loud and clear, Sir", RK replied, now were getting somewhere.
  "Alright, this is still the same thing as learning, but i believe in hands on learning, so when I say go you better go, they are still setting up your route so while we wait let me tell you one more thing, Kairo says good luck, and may the force be with you."
    With that last encouraging word RK mounted his bike and started the engine waiting for his trainers signal to go, when the signal went he hit the gas and the bike shot of like a laser shooting from a gun, he was swiftly moving the bike form the left to the right straight then jerking fast, he almost felt like he was going to turn the bike to hard and wreck, his commanding officer kept telling him what to do as he jinked hard to miss a tree that was intentionally put there to test his skills. He had never felt so alive in his life, considering that he was always at home and being nagged by people that needed his help. When he finally got to the end of the track, he climbed off of his bike and headed inside.
  "Good Job", His Trainer said, "I saw how good you where and I was wondering if you wanted to race just to get some more energy off while you wait".
RK agreed so they both mounted there bikes and the plotted a course, his trainer promised this would be credit since he was watching his every move. So once the plotted their course they took off. RK was in the lead for about half of the race, they were being competive the whole way just like old friends, when they got to the turn with the obstacle cours like thing his trainer dropped back and blasted everything in site,show off  RK thought as he twisted and turned hard trying to dadge every quick moving object that got near him.
  "Yeee, haaaa", Rk lamented as he let go of  the steering stick, this is the life he grabbed ahold of the wheel again, just in time to swerve out of the path of a tree. "Don't ever let go of the wheel while flying, that is a defintet get your self kick out of the VE army".
  Well thanks for the first tip  I didn't know, this time RK Laughed out loud, making his trainer look over at him.
    They finally got around the last turn and headed back to the base, it was just the thing RK needed he knew this would help him pass, well, it was part of his training. They where fierce at there work RK was still being lectured on his driving by his trainer.
  "Okay, Jink hard never fly staright for to long , same applies if your your in a spacefighter", the trainer said into the comlink.
  "Yes,sir", Rk said with least enthuasiasm in his voice than earlier.
  They went aroud twists and turns real fast, RK felt more alive than he did moments ago, then his trainer gave him more tips.
  "Alright to finish off my tips or atleast try to let me tell you you've done awesome, but try not to choke it all the time or else you may end up dead. Also make your grip tighter so that you don't fall off while you flying or when you have to jink hard, and last but not least, the gadges are your friends use them and you will do better than anyone else", the trainer said as the cam to a stop at the base.
Rk walked inside with his datacard of his flight, he walked to the main office, had a seat and handed the card to his officer, they watched the play back, and his officer told him what he did wrong and said that he would evaluate him.
  "You did good I'm impressed",the officer said.
  "Yeah can I do it again", RK said, a grin on his face.

Ok, good attempt for your first try RK. I'm really glad you at least tried. Most of it is pretty good, but I'm only going to slightly pass it. This means that you didn't fail, but to totally pass and go onto the next one, you need to edit it with these few corrections. Check your grammar. There are a few mistakes in there that will become quite apparent if you read through it. Just a phew homonyms and run on sentances. Especially check for RO sentences. Put a few periods or colons in some of those paragraphs. Also, I want you to put a little more detail into your piloting. It's good that you write about jinking and dodging, but by pulling those moves at high speed, is your character going to feel slightly sick after awhile, or disoriented? Little things like that. So, just fix it up a little, check the grammar and spelling, and it will pass. I'll check this again in two days to see if it has been changed, or you can send me a message letting me know. Sorry for the couple edit things at the bottom. I actually triple clicked..

-----------------------
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 8, 2006 6:23:58 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 8, 2006 6:24:45 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 8, 2006 6:25:37 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 8, 2006 6:26:01 PM)]
BV
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  19
June 17, 2006 7:42:09 PM    View the profile of BV 
                  Private BV, being new in the Jester Squad, decided to take some names. In the Cafeteria he saw some weird stuff that smelled wierd and made noise as it moved, but besides that he saw coffee. He sat down next to one particularly smelly indiividual, stuck out his hand and said "Hi! I'm BV, and I'm new around here."

The man just drank his coffee. BV tried to get his attention, until the man finally said, "Just drink some coffee or shoot something!"

"But I don't like coffee!" BV responded stupidly. The man then pryed open BV's mouth, poured his coffee in and sprinted out of there.

Later, on the range. Bv shot statistics. 20,000 shots fired. 3 targets hit. "What are you on private!!!" BV knew everyone outranked him, sohe responded formally, "COCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOCOFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" Whilst snapping 117 sharp salutes.
Darin Saine
ComNet n00b

Darin Saine

Post Number:  9
October 15, 2006 7:17:01 PM    View the profile of Darin Saine 
Darin stepped hesitantly into the barracks of Jester squad. He had been transferred from Drill quite literally ten minutes ago, and the new trooper was nervous about being assigned to an actual squad so soon after enlisting. A smirk came over his face as he allowed an arrogant thought to intrude. I guess that's the price I pay for being awesome.

He quickly shook his head, clearing the thought from his mind. No time for the arrogant shit now. This is the real deal. No going back now. Not that there was anywhere to go back to of course. His parents were both dead, and Keren was lightyears away from this hellhole of a planet.

The green quickly looked about the barracks, trying to find a spot to put his stuff, collectively housed in a simple duffle bag.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Darin Saine/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA
=====================================
"If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by; you're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die. Out there is a fortune waiting to be had. You think I'll let it go you're mad you've got another thing comin'."
[This message has been edited by Darin Saine (edited October 16, 2006 7:07:03 AM)]
Darin Saine
ComNet n00b

Darin Saine

Post Number:  10
October 15, 2006 10:11:10 PM    View the profile of Darin Saine 
Heavy Weapons
Story 1: Fire Support Tactics

Darin groaned as he crawled out of his bunk at some ungodly hour of the morning. His chronometer read 0530, several hours earlier than he had been accustomed to waking, even when he had lived in the wilderness of Naboo. A shudder racked his body as memories rose from the depths of his mind of the horrors he had been through in the wilds, and he quickly shoved them away. His first day of training began now. The datapad he had been given said he was to report to classroom 503 for his first course in Heavy Weapons, which would detail Fire Support Tactics, or FST. He swung his legs off of his bunk, and his feet recoiled at the cold durasteel floor. "Of course the Empire can't afford floor-based heating for the military," the young man grumbled under his breath as he reached for the lockbox containing his battle dress uniform.

He pulled on the knee-high black socks, smiling at the warmth they brought to his feet as he stood. He dug slightly deeper into the box, pulling out his fatigue pants and coat. Before either of those though, he shrugged on the simple black t-shirt. By the powers it was cold here! Next he stepped into his pants, pulling them up and buttoning them as they went, then tucking in his t-shirt. Reaching once more into the lockbox, he pulled out the simple black web-belt, and cinched it tight around his waist through the belt-loops in his pants. He pulled the pantlegs down completely, and pulled the drawstrings at the ends fully tight and tied them. Those would go inside his boots. Next he shrugged on the fatigued coat, and buttoned it up as well. He still had what the vets called 'slick sleeves,' no patches or other such embroidered pieces for his uniform. Next were the boots, which lay at the foot of his bunk. He pulled these up over socks and pantlegs, making sure both were smooth and tight to prevent creases. Lacing the boots up tight, he tied them and tucked the laces back down the boot, then bloused his pantlegs over them.

Darin checked the chronometer again. The whole process of getting dressed had taken him about five minutes, and now he was fully ready to attend his FST course. Striding quickly through the corridors of the Academy, slicking his newly cut hair down as he went, Darin's eyes were constantly scanning for classroom numbers. He took a right at the next intersection, and ended at room 503. He nodded. Now that he knew where it was, it was time to get some breakfast in him, as his growling stomach reminded him. Class didn't start until 0600 anyway.

He strode quickly towards the mess hall, falling into the mass of uniformed bodies on their way to a similar meal. It took perhaps another ten minutes to make it through the throng to the mess hall, and another five waiting in line. Breakfast was an unusual mixture of slop and gruel, but Darin gulped it down greedily. It was the first man-made meal he'd had in three years, and he was grateful for it. After another ten minutes of socializing with the other recruits, it was time to get to class. Darin stood up and delivered the metal bowl to the messdroid, then backtracked to the classroom, this time accompanied by two other privates whose names he didn't bother to get.

Once inside the classroom, they were greeted by a grizzled looking sergeant, who held in his hand a simple helmet, no doubt a simhelmet from the look of it. "Good day privates," the sarge's voice was rough and gravelly, and his blue eyes danced as he looked over the three recruits. "No doubt you three know why you're here, so I won't waste any time on that account. Which of you thinks they can tell me what Fire Support Tactics means?"

Darin at once raised his and, and at a nod from the sergeant, began explaining. "Fire support tactics, or FST, are a group of tactics meant to impair the enemy's visibility, and aid in the movement of your fire team. They are not meant to directly harm the enemy, simply to keep them pinned down while the rest of your squad moves into a position to do the real damage." The sergeant nodded and smiled briefly. "Very good Private. You'll be the first to put on this helmet and go through the simulation."

Darin nodded and stepped forward, taking the proferred helmet and putting it on. The sergeant pressed a button the helmet, and instantly Darin was in the middle regions of Coruscant. In his hands he held a large repeating blaster, and the heavy load on his back told him it was a T-21 repeater. Perfect. The weapon had a 2x magnification setting, as well as a tripod for stability. Looking around he saw four other men in uniform, each holding an E-11 blaster rifle, one of them had a large communications pack on his back, and another bore a medical bag. The ranking officer, a first lieutenant, also had three grenades strapped to his belt, which jingled as he addressed Darin. "Private, the rebs have got us pinned down behind this corner. We need you to get a good fix on their location, and keep their heads down while the rest of us move and take them out."

Darin nodded and at once took a crouched position behind a pile of debris, flipping the tripod out and setting it in front of him. He flipped up the sights and pressed the butt-stock against his right shoulder, and his right cheek to the gun, peering through the rectangular sights in front of him. No sign of any enemies were apparent, so Darin decided to try a distraction. He took a sizeable rock from the pile in front of him, and tossed it out into the middle of the street. Instantly blaster fire rang out from a doorway on the second level of a building in front of him. Only a couple shots, but they were enough for him to get a fix on their position.

Moving himself so he could get a clear line of fire, Darin peered through the sights at the doorway, barely seeing the fluttering fabric of a rebel uniform. It was a uniform he had seen before, and he at once suppressed the memory of the rebels killing his parents three years prior. That was then and this was now. Now that Darin saw one of them, the other three became quickly apparent. One was peering through a window to the first's left, and the other two were prone in the doorway. Darin allowed himself a smirk before squeezing the trigger. A burst of three rounds belched out from the weapon, but the recoil nearly broke Darin's shoulder. He had never before fired a weapon like this. But this time he knew how to compensate. He fired again, this time holding it out for longer, letting off every tenth round to keep his aim consistant, but keeping the rate of fire up so that the rebs never got a chance to return fire.

While he was doing this, the lieutenant was ordering the men to a position just ahead and to the left of Darin's current cone of vision. That was fine, he had to keep up the rate of fire to keep the rebs suppressed. Out of his peripheral vision he could see the last man, the medic, get into place, and the el-tee motioning Darin to move. The private flipped up the bipod and stood firing inaccurately as he ran to keep the enemy pinned down, though it wasn't as accurate. A few shots rang out from the doorway in front and above, one almost catching Darin's right ear.

Once he was safely in position, he could feel himself sucked back into the classroom, with the sergeant nodding and smiling at him. "Congratulations private, you actually know what you're doing." Turning to the other two, "You two will both have your turn. Private Saine, you are dismissed."

PASS. There are just a few things to work on. Mainly, there were a couple spots that were basically useless to the whole of the story and didn't provide character development. An example is your whole paragraph on getting dressed. That can be surmised in a single sentance. Now, details are nice-plus you don't always have to write about the story directly-but when doing this, normally, the extra information has to generally increase knowledge on your character, build upon him in a certain way, or come back to apply in the main part of the story. Grammar, spelling, and all that stuff are very good. All around, for your first general story post for the Army, very well done. Just, keep what I said in mind when doing it. )

-----------------------
"If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by; you're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do or die. Out there is a fortune waiting to be had. You think I'll let it go you're mad you've got another thing comin'."
[This message has been edited by Darin Saine (edited October 16, 2006 7:10:00 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 17, 2006 1:15:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 17, 2006 1:15:18 PM)]
Darin Saine
ComNet n00b

Darin Saine

Post Number:  12
October 26, 2006 9:25:56 PM    View the profile of Darin Saine 
Heavy Weapons Specialization
Story 2: Indirect Fire Operations

Darin groaned as he got out of bed again at some ungodly hour. It was hell now. He had gotten used to waking up early every morning, and now he did so on a day when he actually had two hours to kill before his first class of the day, Indirect Fire Operations. It was sure to be an interesting day, if he could drag himself out of his bunk. He swung his legs off the stiff Spartanesque bed, and once again donned his uniform. As he did this, he wondered idly how long it would be before he got out of basic training, and finally donned the white armor of a real stormtrooper. Then he shook his head. It didn't matter. All that mattered now was that he get through training, at the top of his class if he could.

Once more making his way to the mess hall, the classroom was the same as it had been the day before, Darin encountered the same two recruits who had been in his class yesterday, and decided to introduce himself. "Heya, my name's Darin Saine, we were in FST together yesterday. I'm pretty new here, but then I guess we all are eh? What're your names?" The guy introduced himself as Sobren Cora, the girl as Reoni Matsura. Darin nodded and said it was a pleasure. The three struck up conversation on the way through the mess line, and Darin was shocked to learn that they had both been born on Naboo, Sobren in Kaadara, and Reoni in Theed. He himself had been born in Keren, as he told both of them. He was glad that they now had a common ground, though he was still thankful neither of them asked why he had joined the army. He didn't want to tell them that it was to enact bloody and gruesome vengeance on the bastards who had killed his family.

After breakfast, Darin checked his chronometer. By his, he still had an hour to kill, so he figured he'd keep himself in top physical condition. Exiting the academy complex into the air of the Talus training academy, breathing deeply in the fresh air. He started with some basic leg stretches before moving on to his abworkout. That took about ten minutes all told. Now he was ready to do what he had always loved doing. Run. He set the stopwatch function on his chronometer, then took off at a decent, steady pace, not a dead sprint as some of the other boys on the team had been taken to doing. It had never made sense to him why they would exhaust themselves in the first hundred meters. He had always enjoyed this, running in the wilderness, with few people anywhere near you, even from your own team.

At first the boots gave him some trouble, it was hard to keep a good technique with the stiff, uncompromising soles, but he made do and eventually adjusted to them. That was something that had made him one of his team's top five runners, his ability to adapt to all sorts of new environs, and he expected it to help him in the military as well. He ran over gentle hills, flat grass areas, down steep ravines, enjoying every minute of it. Eventually his inate sense of distance told him he had reached the mile and a half mark, and he turned around, heading back towards the academy. As he did so, his thoughts turned to his family, the day they had been slaughtered.

He had just been returning from school with his report card in hand, straight "B's," and event that hadn't happened in almost five years, so he was extremely pleased. Imagine his horror when he arrived only to see his home in flames, his parents held at blaster point by two grizzled looking men in strange uniforms. He knew almost at once that they were Rebels, and he dropped low, lest there be more of them. It was too late, one had already seen him. They shot both his parents and left them to the narglatches to devour later. Darin did the only thing he could do against two armed opponents. He ran like a bat out of hell into the woods, and kept running until he could hear their footsteps no more behind him.

Surprisingly, he was back at the academy, lungs burning, leg muscles aching, and with a smile on his face to jar him from the painful memories. It was time for class, he had ten minutes to get there. He strode off, letting the air inside the building cool him as he went. He checked the chronometer, 18:37, not his best time, but still excellent considering he hadn't run in months.

He reached his classroom still breathing heavily, though less so than when he had finished. Sarge smiled at him. "Looks like you've had a workout already Private Saine, I like that in a recruit, shows me you're willing to do extra. Which means you've just volunteered to be the first into the simulator again. After I explain a few things, you'll be run through just like before. First, we're doing indirect fire operations, that is, you're shooting at things you can't see, which means you have to rely on the coordinates your men in the field give you. You'll be operating a rail charge launcher. It's a rather old device, hasn't been used by the military at large since the clone wars, but it's still damned effective. It fires a yellow charge that sticks to the first thing it hits, then explodes. It can also be fired to explode on impact. That's really everything you need to know beforehand, put the helmet on."

=====in the simulator=====

Darin looked about the landscape he had been thrown into. He had on white trooper armor now, with a lieutenant's ensignia on the shoulder. He smiled in quiet satisfaction at the feel of rank, even if it was only simulated. Snapping out of the trance, he looked down to see a rather large device in his arms, it was heavy too. He also had several large pouches at his belt. So this must be the launcher Sarge was talking about, and the belt must have ammor for it.

He looked up just in time to see a rather ragged looking corporal ran up to him, giving a quick and sloppy salute before addressing Darin. "Sir, we've almost taken the hill, but we need some support. They're heavily entrenched at the top, and charging them would be a suicide run!"

Darin nodded. "Calm down corporal, I'll take up position behind those rocks over there," Darin pointed to a large formation of boulders, from which he could see the hill clearly, "and begin firing as soon as you give me the coordinates and I can get them locked in."

The corporal nodded, then turned back to the three men under his command. "You heard the el tee! Now let's get him those coordinates so we can blast those rebs out of the park!" A resounding cheer rose up from the men, and as they double-timed it to get a fix on the coordinates, Darin hoofed it to the boulder formation, where he dropped onto his stomach and began figuring the device out.

It was essentially a rectangular platform with a large barrel mounted towards the front, though it could apparently be slid back by the controls on the base, though this function was probably to cope with the recoil.

On the base were two panels, one to control the position of the launcher, and another to input the coordinates. There was also an indicator light with the words "Red when locked" over it. Darin nodded and pulled out a package of ammo for the weapon. They were large, yellowish round balls, so it probably didn't matter how he loaded them. Darin dropped one down the launcher tube just as the corporal came on over the comlink.

"Sir! We're pinned down, I think they've got a fix on our position, we need that support fire! The enemy's coordinates are 28 by 15!" Darin nodded, he could already hear the enemy fire echoing in the valley formed by the two hills. "Roger that corporal, I'm inputting the coordinates now."

Darin hastily typed in the coordinates, then began adjusting the launcher position, watching the green indicator light go from green...yellow...RED!! Darin pushed the button on the base labelled "FIRE" and winced as the launcher fired with a loud 'thump!,' and the tube was knocked back towards him by the recoil of it.

He followed the projectile, now glowing bright yellow, through the air, watching it arc gracefully down to land squarely on the hilltop. A few seconds later, he was rewarded with a generous explosion, and the sight of a rebel's body being flung over the hill by the shockwave.

Abruptly the simulation shut off, and Darin was once more face to face with Sarge. "Not bad private, not bad at all. You could still work on your speed, though I suppose you did the best you could for your first try. After you've taken the range finding and trajectory course, you'll be expected to get the enemy's position on your own, but for now you passed. Dismissed private."

OOC: I just thought I might add, all of my specialty stories take place prior to my placement in Jester squad. If that's a problem, let me know so I can fix it in my future stories.

This is really good, but just not good enough. The first part was really good, but it took up almost all of the post. I need you to write more about what Darin did during the training, either the sim or the teacher speaking. Maybe even both. I need this, because that's what 80% of a specialty is about. Showing that you know how to write about this stuff. I realize some of it may be weird or hard to really, "understand," but just make it up then. All you have to do is convince me that it is plausible. So, just edit the bottom part and make it longer. Oh, and doing this before you are in Jester works well. Makes it easier in your characters timeline anyways. I'll check this again in a few days. Hopefully, you will have editted it by then. Good luck.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited October 27, 2006 10:00:40 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Darin Saine (edited October 27, 2006 11:14:07 AM)]
Sayah
ComNet Novice

Sayah

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  1920
October 27, 2006 10:12:00 AM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah quietly strolled into the barracks in stormtrooper armour. Pausing at the doorseal, he watched the members of Jester play sabbacc, watch holomovies, and generally relax. He let his mind drift for a second before inhaling deeply and stepping in. He walked to a vacant bunk and lay down, staring at the ceiling and thinking about the events of the past two months...

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sayah/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

"We're all dying. Promise yourselves you'll be the last to go."
Commander Salvo
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited October 27, 2006 12:22:06 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Specialty Storynet > Jester character development  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:29:19 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 95  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >