Mox

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  593
Total Posts:  659
  RE: Chapter 9 Prelude: Army
September 1, 2013 8:03:04 PM    View the profile of Mox 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Alrighty then.” Mox muttered to himself as he saw people hurrying towards where Crimson and Anival started the fight and an echo of the infamous chant sounded through the corridors of the base. “Let’s get this party started.”

“How much time do we have?” Sharp asked as they walked towards the command centre.

“Not a lot. Their superiors will soon enough split them apart and discipline everybody. Then they’ll get back to their posts.” Mox answered.

Once the corridors emptied out, and the “fight” chant boomed ever more loudly throughout the corridors the pair broke into a light jog. At the same time they took out their vibroknifes. Once they reached the command centre the two soldiers positioned themselves across the small blastdoor entrance. Mox took out his datapad and connected himself to the keypad.

“Hurry, I think the guard’s superiors finally got through to the fight…”

“They still got to discipline them… but you’re right.” Mox replied as he quickly unlocked the door, yet didn’t open them. “You’re ready?”

“As ever, sir.” She answered, a pistol in one hand and a vibroknife in the other.

With one press of the button the doors slid opened and Sharp crept inside, starting to shoot almost instantaneously. Mox put away his datapad, picked up his weapons and followed suit, but as he entered he saw that the three guards stationed in the command centre were already down.

“Amateurs.” Sharp muttered to herself as she picked up a body and started to move it to a far corner.

Mox stood up straight, holstered his weapons and also picked up a bleeding corpse and dragged it to the same corner Sharp put a body into. “Are they all dead?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, I’ve only knocked down the would-be commander.” She pointed at the man who had his superior ranked clearly displayed “After all, we have to find out why’re they here, no?”

“That’s great, Sharp.” Mox said, glancing at the unconscious guard.

After a moment the few bodies of the stationed guard were in the corner, the knocked-out commander was secured tightly to a chair and Mox was slicing into the system. As he did, he turned off the lights, but kept the cameras on. Nice, an infrared mode… thought as he activated it, causing the outputs on the screen to change from pitch black to green.

“Dusk, as you undoubtedly noticed, we secured the command centre. And with the cameras at our command, we have eyes on the whole station.”

“Excellent, Mox.” Dusk’s voice rang through the ComLink “Are there any guards on the way to, and at, the Comm Station?”

“None on the way, they all went to watch Crimson’s and Anival’s fight, but in the CommStat there is two: both of them are on their feet, pacing.”

“Righto.”

“They probably all think that it’s a mechanical failure: I see no one rushing to the Command Centre.”

“That was my plan, over and out.” Dusk replied, with a hint of amusement in his voice. Mox smiled as he looked at all the monitors, looking at some confused and simply annoyed guards. The plan was so simple, yet so brilliant.

“Erm, sir: I think you may want to lock the doors.”

“Two things: you’re right, and I will in a sec, and second: don’t call me sir. I’m Mox.” The young corporal replied as he looked at Sharp.

“Fair enough, Mox.”

Mox turned back to the console, and locked the door. He had also reset the password, so that no one would be able to enter. Never knew what hit them… Mox thought as he sank in a chair next to a console, smirking to himself.

Mox and Sharp observed the monitors, watching the unaware guards getting violently, yet quietly wiped out by their “coworkers”. The trandoshan Crimson picked a fight with was lying on the ground with his limbs and the neck twisted at weird angles, while the man who Trix had hit on as a distraction had a crowbar stuck in his throat. This was the RAIDERS Mox haven’t seen in a long time: twisted and malevolent, and probably the RAIDERS that they were meant to be when originally created.

Suddenly remembering the other part of the objective, he ordered Sharp to continue observing the monitors and to advise the other RAIDERS and guard positions, while he himself plugged himself back into the logs. Why, why, why are you people here… he thought to himself as he surfed through the logs, looking for any clues. He assumed that the unconscious commander had all the information that they would desire, but nevertheless, the more he could dig up before the questioning, the easier the man would succumb to their wishes.

During the log-search, the various fireteams Dusk has conjured earlier on reported on securing each of their targets. The bunker was fully theirs.

OOC:
WC: 814
We've taken control of the underground bunker. The apparent commander of the guards is unconcious in the command centre, awaiting to be awakened and interrogated.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Faithful 'til the End
Faithful? More like crazy...
ASL/CPL Mox/RAIDERS/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[DT] [RAWR] [ECA] [QW 12] (WtR) [ESC-12] [SoC] [AS-3] A10 (5.1) A17
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
"I have a rendezvous with death... I shall not fail that rendezvous." - Alan Seeger
[This message has been edited by Mox (edited September 2, 2013 8:09:52 AM)]
Mox
ComNet Member

Mox

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  597
Total Posts:  659
September 3, 2013 7:34:38 PM    View the profile of Mox 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Alright people. Let’s rearrange. Mox, wait for me in the command centre”, the Squad Leader’s voice sounded through the ComLink. “Sharp, go with Rilyo to the upper-bunker and keep a lookout, I don’t want anyone sneaking up on us. Trix, stay at the armoury. Anival, you go join her. Crimson and Aeroth, keep watch on the Comm Station. The rest of you patrol the under-bunker: make sure no one snuck away.”

“Oh, and Mox: turn the lights back on”, the SL hastily added before anyone could speak.

‘Rogers' and ‘Affirmatives’ started to come through the ComLink, as the soldiers of the RAIDERS squad started to move around the base. A minute or so passed until Mox heard anything except for the machinery around him.

“Did you find anything?” Dusk asked the young slicer as he entered the room, a cup full of some liquid in his hand.

“Nothing specific as to why they’re here… Mentions of concealment and hideouts but nothing more”, the young slicer replied, as he unplugged himself from the terminal, shaking his head. “I guess it would be time to wake this guy up…”

“It would seem so.” The squad leader nodded, observing the unconscious man closely.

Dusk walked up to his victim and quickly spilled the contents of the cup onto the man’s face. The guard warden spluttered, gasping for air as the water entered his airways, attempting to get it off his face. Staring at everything at once, his eyes filled with confusion. Then, looking at Dusk and Mox his face began to shape into understanding and pure terror, giving a twisted result.

“Don’t kill me, I’ll tell you anything you want!” he spat our as quickly as he could, noticing Mox’s hand conveniently resting on his pistol.

“That makes everything easier.” Dusk said, a ‘comforting’ smile forming on his face. “Now: who knows that you’re here?”

“Er… I… just the higher-ups, I believe…”

“And that’s supposed to be… who?” Dusk calmly replied.

“Well, the Corellian League, who else-“

At that moment a glass-smashing noise could be heard: Dusk smashed the cup against the side of captive’s head. He screamed, twitching and twisting uncontrollably, attempting to get free, but the knots Sharp made earlier on made it impossible.

“Let me rephrase the question. Who did your order come from?”

“SAL-SOLO…” he screamed, as blood started streaking slowly from the point of impact. “The… the executive order came from Sal-Solo…”

“And what was your mission? Why are you here?”

“Thrackan expected a retaliatory attack from the New Republic. He ordered us to prepare this bunker as a possible hideout for the unfinished warmachines and its engineers-” The man spat blood onto the floor and breathed heavily.

“Well? Continue.”

“And… and it was supposed to be concealed, the under-bunker I mean. After we would have finished it would be impossible to find it without either getting data from the inside or the Corellian League itself… After we would have finished, the engineers possibly working here would have everything they need to finish the construction of the ATs or whatever it is they’re making…”

“How is the place concealed as of now?”

“We were practically finished: we just needed to outfit this place so that it’s liveable for the engineers and shut the main door, which we already disguised as a wall.”

“Explain how it is concealed”, Dusk said, a fist clenching slowly and visibly, so that the guard could see it.

“Yes, yes… it’s… it has lead and magnetic plates to prevent any sort of remote detection, as well as a set of high-tech jammers. It is practically invisible from any angle from the outside.”

“I see. Thank you.” Dusk said as he relaxed his fist and walked towards the camera monitors, watching a few of his squad mates wander around the bunker.

“Am I… could I… Will you… let me live… now?” the man asked breathing quickly, his face changing colours and apparent emotions quicker than a set of space lights.

“Yeah, about that.” Dusk said as he took out his pistol, and pointed it at the man’s head, a look of slight sorrow and helplessness forming on his face. “I’m sorry… we just can’t afford anyone alive in here…”

As Dusk pulled the trigger, the guard’s face turned once again into pure terror and screamed as loud as he could, only to be silenced by the blaster bolt coming from the SL’s pistol. The man’s head flew backward, bounced against the top of his back and rested in at weird angle on his shoulder. The young sergeant melodramatically blew the non-existent smoke off the tip of the barrel of his pistol, and holstered it, before finally facing Mox.

“Right, onto the second objective. I think we can leave this place onto its own accord. You didn’t find any logs that suggested them awaiting a shipment of goods or more guards?”

“No, not today at least. Tomorrow there’s a bunch of shipments coming in, but none today”, Mox replied matter-of-factly.

“Well, that simplifies things. We can go get the engineers in full force. I suppose there isn’t a living soul left in here, so it should be fine.”

With that sentence Dusk activated his ComLink, ready to give RAIDERS the order to regroup at the bunker’s entrance.

OOC:
WC: 881
Extracted some info from the guards' commander, and now going to prepare for the hijack of the enginners.
Faithful 'til the End
Faithful? More like crazy...
ASL/CPL Mox/RAIDERS/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[DT] [RAWR] [ECA] [QW 12] (WtR) [ESC-12] [SoC] [AS-3] A10 (5.1) A17
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
"I have a rendezvous with death... I shall not fail that rendezvous." - Alan Seeger
Garryll Gates
ComNet Disciple

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Vitiator
[VE-ICS] Privateer Captain

Post Number:  2133
Total Posts:  2159
September 5, 2013 6:58:32 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Orr was sitting next to Bill as the Trandoshan sighted his sniper rifle. His comlink pulsed lightly, drawing his attention from the binocs he was adjusting.

"Go," the man said softly, tapping the comlink.

"Boss, Raiders is on the horn - they're on the up'n'up and they need a way in."

"Were we supposed to do that?" Bill asked, not looking up from his scope.

"Yeah," Orr replied. "But Whiskey's on it."

The ARC Commander opened another link, bringing the entire team into the call.

"Status?"

"We're cuttin' in, boss," Tash replied. "If Z would shut the hell up."

"C'mon babe, chill," Z whined. "This work's boooring."

"Whiskey?"

"Raiders should be good. I've added another incoming to the expected logs - and it should swing by their current position."

"Then they've got an in," Orr replied. "Shoot them the info, make sure they're on pace."

"Roger that," Whiskey replied, cutting the link.

"Alright people, keep tight," Orr said. "Missions to complete, people to kill."

Company Commander of Phoenix Company |Executive Officer of the Army | Sith Viator of the Dark Jedi Order | Lord Commander of Eagle Sect | Captain of the
Bloodfist in the Osk Company
XO/COLGarryll Gates/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [SCP][RoM][ICE] [IH] [CCA] [BC] [SRP] [AS-4] [ES1] [CoS] [EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoTx2] [CRoS] [AoT] [CoZ][CoDS][VT][CRoM][SoS][GRoM][KAD][RCA][*QW 12*](3.1)(1.1)

SL/VVT Gates/Eagle Sect/Lopen/VEDJ/VE (KC1) (SoY)
Longtime leader of Blackjack Squad
For Tadath, for the Empire.
ShanneTwoo
ComNet Cadet

ShanneTwoo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  240
Total Posts:  243
September 15, 2013 2:07:35 AM    View the profile of ShanneTwoo 
Terre muttered softly to herself at her assignment. Hammer was chatty, and she was not in a mood to chat. Under normal circumstances, her helmet was a place of safety, one where she ignored those things that vexed her so much. Despite the scowl on her face, Hammer decided now was a marvelous time to talk.

“So, Skarr said pose as workers in here and figure out where people are, right?” he asked. “I think I’ll be the manager, and you can be the girl on cash--”

“Don’t you think they would know what their manager looks like? And probably know the cashiers already?” Terre snarled. “No. We’re working the floor. Customer service, helping people, stocking shelves. That sort of thing. Oh! Hammer. One more thing…” She stepped close and poked one finger at his nose. “Behave.”

“Oh…. Oh! I guess you’re right. I’ll just be the assistant manag--” Terre tuned him out, her eyes narrowed to slits, obviously annoyed as she marched into the warehouse, scowling. As she entered, she held one arm out to stop Hammer. Instead, he ran straight into her arm. “Wha--?!”

“You take left. I’ll take right. Report back here after you’ve canvassed the entire area. Capice?” Hammer nodded and swaggered off. Terre rolled her eyes before scanning the catwalks, noting the guards posts. She then scurried deeper into the warehouse, counting softly to herself.

As she rounded a corner, she saw a guard heading towards her. A light sheen of sweat covered her brow, and she tried not to dance nervously from foot to foot.

“Excuse me, uhm, Kyla,” the young man said, looking pointedly at her name badge. “I’m here to relieve you for your break.”

“Oh, that’s… Great!” she said brightly, successfully hiding the shock and relief from her expression. “I’m famished, I think I’ll go to the break room or something. Won’t be fifteen minutes,” she said, heading for a back room. Once she was there, she pretended to browse the food on a conveniently placed table, pulling out her comm.

“Skarr?” she asked softly.

“Go ahead, Terre,” the squad leader replied.

“Skarr, there’s something going on. There are tons of guards and zero, I mean /zero/ employees beyond Hammer and I. They’re gone.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean there are no warehouse workers, not even a skeleton crew. I’m getting nervous.”

“None at all? Well, has Hammer found anything?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t heard from hi--” Suddenly, Hammer appeared next to her and swiped a pastry.

“Hey, boss. I found nada. Nothing to be seen,” he said around the food he was cramming into his mouth. “Got good snacks though.”

Terre snorted. “Skarr, what do you think is going on?”

Skarr sighed heavily into the comm. “I don’t know. I really don’t.”

Terre felt a sense of dread. “What should we do?”

Skarr’s response was silence. Hammer prompted him. “Boss? You hear Terre?”

“Yes, Hammer, I did…” Skarr sighed again. “Wait for further instruction. Until then, find another team to work with.”

OOC:
WC: 504
--Shanne

TRP/CPL ShanneTwoo/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [3.1] [*ESC* 12*] (HeS) (LM)
THX1138
ComNet Member

THX1138

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  515
Total Posts:  555
September 16, 2013 3:22:39 AM    View the profile of THX1138 
Therex was crouched behind a door jamb with Jamasis, waiting for his signal. His fingers were a little twitchy after his whole blackout, so Therex was sure it was his personal demon. Clenching his fist, he steadied himself with a few deep breaths. The chances of a repeat incident so close together was rare, but he wasn’t taking chances. Peeking the corner, he saw two guards meandering around the door to the security room. Holding up his index and middle finger, Therex signalled Jamasis and gave a quick nod. When the nod was returned, Therex stood, and brushed and straightened his uniform. With a final deep breath, he stepped around the corner and walked by the guards, giving a small tip of the brim on his hat.

The second both returned the gesture, Therex’s fists shot out in both directions, catching the guards in the throats, cutting short any screams or protests. As both dropped, Jamasis darted in and caught one just as Therex hooked his arm under the second. Therex searched one of the bodies until he found a small keycard, and pocketed it for later. He and Jamasis moved the bodies next to the door to the security room. Using his newly pilfered card, Therex unlocked the door and let the lock click open before throwing it open and darting in, Jamasis hot on his tail. Three guards were posted, two seated and another standing monitoring the feeds.

The standing guard turned on his heel and opened his mouth to say something, but got a blue hand clamped around his throat before he was lifted from the ground. Jamasis tumbled into the two seated guards, easily dispatching both. Therex’s hand clamped tighter and tighter as the man’s legs kicked and squirmed before going limp. His grip kept up even after the struggle ended until a sickening crack resonated in the room and the guard’s head lolled to the side. Dropping the limp form, Therex turned his attention to the monitors before a single thud could be made. His mind was without remorse, and he wasn’t going to let a single guard change his mind.

Tapping his comm on, Therex radioed Skarr and waited for a click in response.

“Hey Skarr,” he said, checking the camera feeds, “Looks like the cameras only link to this one room. Jamasis and I have it secured. You can move freely now. Although, I can confirm Terre’s report. There are like, no workers here.”

The silence on the other side lasted for a good 30 seconds. When Skarr spoke again, his voice almost seemed worried.

“I think we may need a new plan, but for now the original objectives stand. I’ll need everyone to report in.”

Therex clicked his comm twice in confirmation, and nodded at Jamasis. They began moving around the room cleaning up and removing what they could from the security. They had three useable uniforms, a few hold out blasters, and one of their private comms. After reporting in to Skarr on their recent findings, Therex took a seat watching camera feeds waiting for new orders.

“So far so good.”

OOC:
BLACKJACK
"He has his orders, and when a Chiss accepts orders he carries them out, period."

Smile for death

TRP/CPL THX-1138/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[ES1][EW1][SoC][*QW 12*][*ESC*12*](ECA)(HeS)(2.1)(2.2)(A11)

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Sharp
ComNet Novice

Sharp

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  49
Total Posts:  59
September 23, 2013 11:18:39 PM    View the profile of Sharp 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"Sharp, Rilyo listen up. We just got a message from Arc their sending us a way in. A truck will be arriving that's our way in but you and Rilyo have to take or it or we'll lose it. We know it's a truck and that its supposed to pick up a package. You can decide what to do from there." Came Dusk's voice over Rilyo and Sharp's com links.

Sharp turned to Rilyo and nodded. She had an idea but she went with rank and let Rilyo say his first. Sadly the Corporal didn't have one so Sharp's had to work. She pulled her knife out and slowly began carving out a diagram in the ground. She crouched over her picture and began her explanation.

"Okay so we know they're coming for a package so they have to stop to load it up right? Well that's when we strike. They won't be armed much since our attack wasn't anticipated." Sharp said as she made an X with two O's on each side.

"If my plan works as well as it does in my head even if they do have a larger force we shouldn't have to worry about it. And if all else fails we can grab the truck and drive away making them chase after us which will allow some other Raiders time to get up here and take aim. " Sharp said as she gt to her feet and dusted off her uniform.

Rilyo nodded and sprinted to his spot where he crouched with his pistol drawn. Sharp Stayed for a moment until she saw head lights heading towards them. She then sprinted and slid behind the cover of a small boulder. Sharp drew her Pistol from it's small hiding place and checked it for how much ammunition she had remaining. She had used her spare clip to annihilate the guards she saw as she made her way top side. After that she had a good bit of ammunition left at least enough to fight with.

The Truck stopped with a screech of resistance as ti tried to continue moving. Two Dark figures climbed out of the vehicle and walked towards the back of the truck. Sharp crawled to the right side of her hiding spot and peered out. Four more figures climbed out of the back and one pulled a cigar and lit it. He Stuck it into his mouth and scanned the area.

"Rilyo save two uniforms if at all possible." Sharp said on her com link quietly.

Rilyo Clicked in his response and with that Sharp dived out of cover and fired two shots. She hit one man dead in the spine and another in the leg. Both fell to the ground and the resounding second was a burst of movement as both Rilyo and Sharp began an onslaught of perfect precision aiming eliminating the shocked loaders was simple. When all movement died and the only sound was breathing Sharp and Rilyo Walked over to the vehicle and awaited their squadmates. 

"Good work you two me and Dusk watched the whole thing." Came Mox's voice over the coms. 

A few seconds passed and the doors to the bunker opened and The Raiders began filing out. Quickly after the Raiders had assembled Dusk spoke.

"Raiders Were gonna follow the examples set by Arc and disguise ourselves. Then we dump the bodies into the bunker. Mox your gonna seal it so only imperial personnel can get inside of it. Move out Raiders. Call the regulars and get some of them here, Anival and me are staying here for them. That way we can control it and our current base of operations. After we change the other Raiders gather up in the vehicle. Mox's driving." Dusk explained.

With his words concluded the Raiders burst into action. Sharp grabbed the one she shot in the leg.  She dragged it behind the boulder she ha used as cover and began to change into the disguise. Sharp grinned to herself as she stepped out from behind the boulder.

Quickly she threw the body in the bunker and Mox sealed the doors with the dead bodies and the two raiders who were staying. Sharp sprinted to the truck. She reached the back of the vehicle and scrambled up into it. She took a seat close to the fret of vehicle and waited for the others.

"Now I noticed that two uniforms have been shot in very precise places. The two raiders who are wearing those uniforms I want you both to pick someone to play the worried co-worker. Then the three of you can take the medical wing and use it as we need it. Mo and Aeroth are going to be the group CO and XO. That way they might be able to access the more secure areas so they can shut down the cameras long enough to camouflage our quick take over of the medical station. Then we move on to capturing the scientists." Dusk said to his raiders through their coms.
"Faithful till the end"

TPR/PFC Sharp/Raiders/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[Medals] {Ribbons} (Participation related) (A1)
[This message has been edited by Sharp (edited October 1, 2013 8:14:37 PM)]
Skarr
ComNet Disciple
Imperial Supporter

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  2054
Total Posts:  2102
October 16, 2013 10:07:57 AM    View the profile of Skarr 
OOC:
Blackjack

Skarr was lying prone under a repulsorlift truck, waiting for his squad to report in. Therex and Jamasis were holed up in the security room, keeping an eye on the cameras. Terre and Hammer had joined them, pacing the halls outside of the security office, making sure no one came to relieve the watch in the security room. Now he waited for Khalldryn and Drexhel to make their report. A slight crackle came from his comm.

“This is Drexhel. We’ve dealt with all of the guards up here. Nice view up here too, there doesn’t seem to be any guards patrolling the perimeter anymore.” the assistant squad leader reported.

Skarr smiled grimly, “I’ve been busy.” A chuckle sounded over the comm before going silent. The squad leader rubbed the bridge of his nose. There was something going on here. He wasn’t sure what, but the increased security worried him. It wasn’t the first time that intel had been wrong on an op. It still bothered Skarr though. He tried to think of another plan, but couldn’t think of anything new. The objective was simple, get the walker. He thought of just staging an all out assault on the inside of the warehouse, but that was too loud, too stupid. The only solution seemed to be neutralizing the guards quietly, then finding a way to move the prototype.

He clicked on his comm. “Alright, Jamasis and Hammer are going to hold the security room and watch the cameras. Report any movement of the guards and make sure we know where they’re at before we move. Terre and Therex, time to pair up again. You’re going to make your way through the warehouse and take out as many guards as you can. Drexhel and Khalldryn, find a way in and start taking down guards. If any of you finds the prototype, be sure to let us know. I’m going to get inside.” Skarr waited until the whole squad had reported in before rolling out from under the truck.

The squad leader paced around the warehouse, trying to find an entrance inside. He sighed as he found one, but it was guarded by a single man who had already spotted him.

“Who are you?” the guard questioned, hand resting on his blaster.

“I’m here for a delivery,” Skarr answered. The guard opened his mouth for a reply, but never got it out. Skarr had charged into the guard, driving his shoulder into the man’s midsection. They both hit the wall with a thud and Skarr drove his fist into the man’s face. The guard tried to throw a punch of his own, but Skarr had already grabbed hold of his neck, bashing his head into the wall. He continued to do so until the guard stopped moving. The guard slumped to the ground and Skarr left him there as he entered the warehouse.
CoT:A|PC|SL/1LT Skarr/Blackjack/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[CDS][ES2][IH][CRoM]{RES}(VT)(ECA)(WtR)(HeS)(HoS)(AS-3)(1.1)(1.2)(3.1)(A5)(A8)
TRN/JRN Vexus/Lopen/VEDJ
(WoS1)

"A leader leads by example, not by force" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jamasis
ComNet Member

Jamasis

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie

Post Number:  512
Total Posts:  515
October 21, 2013 11:43:35 AM    View the profile of Jamasis 
OOC:
BlackJack

“You’re clear for now Skarr, but stay quiet. There’s a pair of guards patrolling off to your left,” said Jamasis over the comlink. His eyes scanned the security cameras, watching out for the rest of the squad and any hostiles. It was dull work and already the unstable trooper wished he could be one of the men sneaking around, actually doing something.

“Hammer, watch my screens for a minute,” he gestured, despite having no actual authority. “I think I know how to frame the NR.” Jamasis switched his comlink back on and relayed his idea to Skarr and Drexhel.

“Absolutely not. You’re psychotic,” argued Drexhel.

“I think it’ll work. You can’t deny it will work. Unless you want to get all moral about it I think Skarr should give me the go ahead,” countered Jamasis.

“Skarr, we can’t let him. He’s completely lost it.”

“Well just be glad I’m on your side.”

Skarr paused for a moment before replying; there was no way to please both of them, “Jamasis is right, it should work,” was the measured response. “It’s still quite a disturbing idea though. We might need to talk about this later. Just do it.

The link ended and Jamasis walked over to the door. He checked there was no security in the vicinity then closed and locked it. Jamasis moved over to where they had hidden the bodies of the guards. He placed two of them back on the chairs, then tied their limp arms behind their backs using some discarded cables. Hammer glanced at him questioningly but he waved the soldier away.

Jamasis drew his knife, then paused momentarily. Psychotic, ‘lost it’ and insane may have been perfectly legitimate ways of describing him, but that’s not to say he had no moral compass. He was just good at ignoring it. A few flicks later and it appeared as though some sadistic torture had been carried out. Jamasis ignored the disgusted looks radiating towards him, and used the recently spilt blood to trace a few words onto the nearby wall.

Okay, maybe this is a little bit psychotic.

“When someone comes to check on the security feed up here, they’ll find ‘Long live the Emperor’ scrawled on the wall and some tortured guards. I think we can be sure they’ll blame the NR,” said Jamasis into his comlink.

“Why would they blame the NR?”

“No special forces squad is stupid enough to write something like that on a wall. If you can, do anything to make it as obvious as possible this was the Empire. Everyone except the NR itself will assume this was an attempt to make us look bad.”

OOC:
I admit, this does seem quite a bit over the top. I think this does complete the ‘frame the NR’ part of the objective, or at least partially completes it, and leaves the door open for anyone who might care to get upset over me being ‘unstable’.
TRP/SGT Jamasis/BlackJack/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[ESC09] [BoT] [SoC] (3.1)
crimson-nexus
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  52
November 3, 2013 4:20:47 AM    View the profile of crimson-nexus 
Crimson had climbed into the vehicle in the passenger seat. Wen they arrived Mox could make up a reason why crimson was up front and not in the back like the regs were when they came to the bunker. Mox hit a pot hole it shook the whole vehicle. That's when Crimson saw the building come up and Mox parked the vehicle at the service entrance. Mox peered into the back and looked at each raider in turn and as he did they each nodded tat they were ready and tat's when Mox went to the gate. He stopped and the security asked him why he had returned early. he explained that his men had been ambushed at the pick-up, which cleared why they had no cargo. When the raiders had all emptied out of the truck Rilyo, Trix, and Sharp set off for the medical bay Rilyo carrying Trix and Sharp pretending to limp along side them. Mox gathered what was left of the raiders and began making a plan for everyone else.

"We all know Trix, Sharp, and Rilyo are going to med bay. Me and Aeroth have to report and debrief the chief about our faked ambush. So what to do wit the rest of you in the question. I want you to fan out and check around for guard positions and the techs." Mox said.

With that the Raiders disassembled and Crimson took to looking around. He first checked the cargo trucks and the personnel and droids around it. There was a droid inspecting the vehicles he had just exited. Crimson had an idea to thin out their numbers and get him a bit closer to the techs. Crimson came behind the droid and pulled out is knife and slowly pointed it blade up in front of him. He then pretended to trip and as he fell he tipped the knife forward and it stabbed the droid wile Crimson fell on top of the it. Crimson pulled the knife from the droid and slid it into a pocket and lifted the droid so it stood correctly. The droid began malfunctioning and Crimson called over a technician who was inspecting one of the vehicles that had just come back before the one the Raiders had commandeered. The technician ran over and when he was next to crimson he stopped.

"What's the problem?" The man asked

"This droid's malfunctioning what should we do?" Crimson asked.

"You grab the droid we'll take him to the engineers. So they can check him over." The guy said as e turned to lead the way.

As he did Crimson swept the leg of the droid and let it fall into his arms. He then began carrying it after the tech.
TRP/PSC Crimson-nexus/Raiders/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
"Faithful till the end"
Fain
ComNet Novice

Fain

Post Number:  86
Total Posts:  90
November 4, 2013 12:48:28 AM    View the profile of Fain 
OOC:
Blackjack

Stepping over the prone form of a badly beaten, probably half dead, security guard, Fain followed his Squad Leader into the warehouse. Clearing corners before they moved, the small element worked their way down a narrow hallway in a rolling ‘T’ formation; Fain taking point, Skarr in the middle, and two other troopers covering rear security, checking for any patrols that may have the misfortune of encountering any member of Blackjack.

The men stacked up on an office door made of dark greel wood. Skarr, keeping his blaster leveled at the doorknob, making that portal his single purpose in life, focused his attention on sturdy door, and Fain looked further down the corridor as overwatch for the Lieutenant. Taping the man in front of him, the fireteam signaled their readiness and the last trooper moved up the line to check the door for any alarms or security devices before they breached. Satisfied that the door was clean, the trooper jammed his combat knife into the doorframe and pried the locking mechanism out of its housing just enough for the door to pass its precipice, and stood aside to pull security as the Squad Leader rushed into the room, clearing the door’s opening in the blink of an eye.

“Short room, short room,” the Squad Leader called over his shoulder, informing the stacked team to stay in the corridor instead of flooding the office.

The sound of a fierce melee spilling out into the corridor, making Fain and the other two troopers nervous as to what might befall their Squad Leader. After a tense minute, there was a sickening crack, a several muffled pops, and a pitiful yelp. Then silence.

“You lot, get in here” Skarr called out.

“Moving, Sir” Fain and the other troopers in the hallway did their best to press into the small office while still affording the 1st Lieutenant his space.

Leaving one trooper to pull security from the inside of the office, Fain and the remaining trooper fell in on their Squad Leader who was now standing behind an end table covered in a light layer of debris from the trashed office. A security guard lay unceremoniously dumped behind the office’s few pieces of furniture, obviously dead.

Skarr spun around what he had found to show his eager men what their labors had bought them so far. It looked like any other Datapad that Fain had seen, but it obviously meant something of importance to the Squad Leader as a slightly sardonic smirk playing across his face. With nothing but a moment’s respite from the fighting, the four man fireteam was on the move again clearing rooms at a tedious cadence for another fifty meters, trying not to give away what little element of surprise they had left, while the Lieutenant relayed what he had found over the Net to the rest of Blackjack. They left in their wake several unconscious guards, and so far the squad hadn’t suffered anything more than a few minor injuries that were to be expected from running an Op without their full kit to protect them.

“Now this, gentlemen, is our game changer” Skarr keyed his Commlink and began to inform the rest of his squad what he had found.

OOC:
Sorry, Skarr. felt like I hijacked you for a little bit. still working my way in. gotta shake the cobwebs off still.

WC: 540
Private First Class Michael Alexander Fain
Wildcard Platoon
Blackjack
TRP/PFC Fain/Blackjack/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR][1.1]

"There are very few personal problems that can't be solved by the suitable application of high explosives"
[This message has been edited by Fain (edited November 4, 2013 12:39:30 AM)]
crimson-nexus
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  37
December 2, 2013 4:38:26 PM    View the profile of crimson-nexus 
Crimson continued following the tech his eyes scanning for anything that might make a good place to store bodies inside of. The Tech took him into a room and spun around. He showed his hand the fingers pointing at a simple perma-steel table. Crimson nodded and dropped the droid onto the table. It clattered a bit but the noise was dulled by the sound of the many techs and machines around them.

"Stay here an engineer will be with you shortly." The Tech said as he left Crimson in the room.

Crimson looked about until he noticed a locker. He could only guess what was inside it, but he could tell that it was big enough for a full grown man to fit inside of. As he turned an Ugnaught engineer entered the room.

"You there 'Muscles' open that locker for me. While I crack this puppy open." The Engineer said as he climbed onto the table.

Crimson walked calmly to the locker and opened it. He grabbed a wrench and hid it in a belt loop on his disguise. Crimson walked carefully over and stood next to the table. The Ugnaughts feet were on the side farthest from Crimson. Crimson leaned on the table and as he did he pushed the droid slightly.

"Get off the table you, behemoth." The Ugnaught bellowed.

Crimson got off the table as the Ugnaught went to move and ended up falling over the droid on top of him.

"Some one help!" Crimson yelled.

A man a bit taller then Crimson walked into the room. He was humanoid but Crimson couldn't really tell. Crimson grinned as he pointed at the Ugnaught which luckily enough had been knocked out by the droid. Crimson got on one side of the droid and helped the engineer to lift it off the Ugnaught. The engineer kneeled down and listened to see if the little beast was breathing.

"He's alive..." The man began but never finished as a short thud sent him to the floor.

Crimson used the wrench to knock his lights out. Now Crimson pulled off another disguise switch. He pushed the bodies into the look and pulled out the knife. He used some wire to make a small choke collar so that they couldn't yell for help. Crimson snuck away as an engineer and made his way through the building looking for another man to hide and take the identity from. He found his man and pulled off a quick knockout and hid the body. Crimson stripped the man and wired his mouth shut, and took off. The uniform folded and tucked in a carrying pouch. Crimson began searching for Mox.

"Raiders 1, Correllians 0." Crimson muttered as he carried on his search.

Eventually Crimson found Mox. He tapped him on the shoulder.

"Got a present for you Mox." Crimson whispered as he watched Mox turn around.

"Crimson, what is it?" Mox asked.

"Let's get you to the light switch so we can rock this place." Crimson said a grin spread across his face. "Change into this engineer uniform so we can sneak to the secure area where the controls are." Crimson whispered as he handed him the carry bag.
"Faithful till the end"
Sharp
ComNet Novice

Sharp

Post Number:  53
Total Posts:  59
December 15, 2013 11:56:55 AM    View the profile of Sharp 
The ride was over now it was time to return to work and the disguises had to work. So along with Rilyo and Trix, Sharp limped to the infirmary to report her damage alongside her co-workers. When they got there a man walked up to them.

"How may we help you three today?" the man asked in a rehearsed happy way.

"MY co worker here has been shot in the spine and this one in the leg. Please you have to help take care of their wounds." Rilyo said in perfect tone to sound actually worried.

"Oh I do see well bring her with me. You Ma'am may wait in the infirmary till another doctor comes to get you. " He said as he began turning to lead Rilyo and Trix off.

"Yes doctor." Sharp said sarcastically.

Sharp walked through the doors themselves into the white walled Waiting room. There was only one person there. A brown haired Cathar was looking down at the ground and for a second Sharp thought she was crying. Sharp crossed to the other side of the room. and slipped down onto the white chair next to the cathar. The Cathear had a small arms blaster pistol at her side. Sharp swipped the pistol from the Cathars holster and pulled the knife from it's hiding place in the side of her boot.

"Hey it's okay your tears aren't worth anything." Sharp said with a grinn on her face.

The Cathar growled unsheathing it's claws. As it did SO sharp slipped up so that they were face to face. As an added factor it also hid anything that happened between them. Sharp slid her knife from it's hiding place and held it to the Cathars throat.

"Be a dear and when your in the other world tell Sal-solo I said Hi." Sharp said as she cut a deep gouge in the Cathars throat.

Sharp keeled over pretending to fall to the ground in utter shock. She began screaming as if bloody murder had happened to some one she cared for. Three doctors came running and looked at sharp and the Cathar.

Oh poor girl come we have something to help you cope with seeing someone you know committing suicide. Two of the doctors helped Sharp to a smaller room where she sat at a table. Supposedly a psychiatrist would talk to her about what she had seen. Although she hoped Mox let her kill before that happened.
"Faithful till the end"

TPR/PFC Sharp/Raiders/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[Medals] {Ribbons} (Participation related) (A1)
Dusk
ComNet Member

Dusk

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  433
Total Posts:  458
December 28, 2013 6:11:56 PM    View the profile of Dusk 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Jacen watched as the transport disappeared from sight, he turned on a heel and walked into the bunker. He called over his shoulder, “Watch the door, would ya’?” Anival nodded after him then leaned against the wall next to the blast door.

Dusk whistled a call out to Crumbly, who quickly scampered around a corner and up the SL’s arm. He tapped his comm interface a few times, switching to main comms.

“This is Dusk. Raiders have secured the bunker and majority of the squad have moved on to the next objective. Requesting a force of Regs to be sent down, so they can get settled in.”

“Shuttle has been dispatched; three squads of infantry are coming down.”

The SL popped another cigar into his mouth and lit it, he puffed a few times before starting toward the command center. His combat boots clicked in the empty halls, ‘Things are going well. Hopefully the squad can handle its self without me for a little bit.’ He chuckled as he knew they could. Jacen walked through the doors to the command center, sat down infront of the console, and propped his feet up on it as he watched the camera feeds.

After about fifteen minutes, a call came from the shuttle that they would be touching down in five. Dusk stood, disturbing Crumbly from his slumber. This produced a few annoyed growls from the creature. The SL walked through the doors to the bunker just in time to see the shuttle make its final approach and set down just outside the doors. The ramp lowered and storm troopers began filing out and setting up a perimeter. Next, were troops carrying large containers, gun cases, and other assorted things. Finally, a speeder was driven out; it was heavily armored and had a place for a turret to be set up, but on first glance it looked like a civilian speeder.

Three men approached, all with the orange pauldrens of command. They stopped and snapped off salutes, which Dusk did not return. After a moment of silence they dropped their arms and the middle one spoke. “I’m Senior Sergeant Vict Glopio, to my right is Corporal Moyric Covell, and to my left is Corporal Colandra Strekiv.”The woman nodded at her name being said. “We brought down your squad’s SCOPE armor and some weaponry. You’ll find them in the containers we brought. Would you mind showing us to the command center?”

“Not at all, this way.” Dusk replied and walked into the bunker, SLs in tow.

*                                                      *                                                  *

After a few minutes, the regulars were all set up. Jacen quickly went to the room he was told that his armor and weapons were in. He opened his container and smiled, everything was there. He donned all of his armor except his helmet, he grabbed his trench coat and threw it on over it all then placed his hat on his head. He put his Bull-Stopper on his hip, his two EE-3s fit together onto his back, and his pauldren folded up into a compartment on his belt. Now fully geared up he walked outside, to the man that would be driving the speeder.

The man was wearing civilian clothing, but from the look on his face, Dusk could tell that he was a soldier. “I need you to take me town, these coordinates.” He said, handing his data pad to the driver.

“Yes sir, I can do that, hop in.”

*                                                  *                                                    *

The drive there was only a few minutes, even though they kept to back roads as to not be seen. The driver stopped one block from the building in which the rest of RAIDERS were currently in. Dusk hopped out and the driver sped off.

Jacen quickly ducked into a back alley and began climbing a fire escape to the roof. Once up top, he began running across the roof tops toward his intended target. Now, being perched on a ledge across the street from the building, he opened a comm channel to Mox. He clicked to his second, ‘Can you talk?’

An affirmative click gave Dusk the go, “How are things in there?”

“They’re going well. We’ve assimilated into the guards and engineers quite well.”

“That’s good, what do you think our chances of converting the engineers to our side are?” Dusk inquired, scanning the building for a place to cross and enter.

“I think we won’t have much trouble, the engineers seem quite nervous around the guards. If we are the ones to free them I think they will be more inclined to join our cause. Maybe bring some Regs in to clear them out?”

“That seems like a good idea, you and the rest of the squad start thinning out their numbers and I’ll get a few regulars over here to help finish them off for show in front of the engineers. Get to work, I’ll call the bunker.” Dusk finished and clicked his comms to the bunker. “Glopio, this is Dusk. I need you to send Corporal Strekiv’s squad my way to help liberate some engineers.”

“I’ll dispatch them immediately.” The commander responded quickly.

Jacen "Dusk" Arture
"We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction."
~Xephos

Smile!!! Tomorrow will be worse.

SL/SGT Jacen "Dusk" Arture/RAIDERS/Wildcard/Phoenix/VEA
[DT][RAWR][ECA][QW 12][CEC][AS-1][SoC]
[This message has been edited by Dusk (edited December 28, 2013 6:12:45 PM)]
crimson-nexus
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  39
January 9, 2014 6:21:25 AM    View the profile of crimson-nexus 
Crimson was silent as he trailed behind the squad's ASL. Mox was quiet too as they moved. Well up until Mox's com beeped. Mox looked at Crimson shortly, which meant go make sure no one hears. The silent gesture sent Crimson scrambling down a hallway. He saw a guard but that was it where they were. When Crimson returned to Mox, Mox was done on the coms.

"That was Dusk, Were turning them. Crimson I want you to begin eliminating the leaders so the Guards are in dismay when it's time for the regs to attack. I'll worn the others." Mox explained.

Mox didn't have to explain much on the subject of Sabotage. He knew that without the higher level guards many of them would be lost wondering what to do when the fighting broke out and latched onto the chaos. Crimson went back to the guard he had seen and stared at him.

"You drink much big boy?" Crimson asked calmly.

Crimson didn't pay attention to the mans answer instead he made a slight move that ended with the guard in front of him. He swiped the guards gun and put it at the base f his spine.

"Move a nanometer and your dead." Crimson whispered.

Crimson the cut a whole in the back of the mans neck. Crimson held the hole shut and tried his best to keep it off the uniform. Although when the man stopped breathing Crimson turned and shot the only camera in the hall way. He then dragged the man into a janitor closet and changed cloths for the third time. Crimson got out of the closet right before a lower ranking officer came to investigate.

"Sir I found a guard in the Janitors closet." Crimson said trying to act like a fidgety recruit.

The officer pondered before he went in to see for himself. What he didn't count on was that Crimson already new what was going to happen. Crimson diverted the guards in route to help then went in and shot the commander at point blank. Crimson then changed again and was now able to go a lot more places then the recruit he had killed could.
"Faithful till the end"
crimson-nexus
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  41
February 11, 2014 4:48:53 PM    View the profile of crimson-nexus 
Crimson had made quick work with a few of the enforcers. Now he was poised at the thresh hold that blocked him form the command center. He grabbed the stolen key card and swiped it through the ID scanner. The door was silent for a few seconds. Then a few tumblers moved and the door opened to reveal the command center only having a few commanders inside. Before Crimson could enter something unexpected happened. Rilyo came around the corner his fire arm aimed at Crimson. Crimson Tapped his hip which was a silent gesture to make Rilyo halt. Rilyo looked at Crimson puzzled but realized who he was before the commanders looked over to see who had opened the door.

"Hello Gentlemen." Crimson said as he turned back and walked in Rilyo following shortly after his pistol hidden again. Crimson walked over to the closest Commander and smiled. Crimson slipped the knife from under his sleeve and quickly stabbed the man.

"Traitor!" The man bellowed as crimson twisted the knife. At one the other commanders pulled their blasters and aimed at Crimson. Rilyo pulled his blaster and Crimson gripped his own. Shots flew towards Crimson but the body in front of him took the blasts. Crimson and Rilyo each fired and killed off two commanders. Leaving a third who dived into cover.

"He's skittish and afraid he saw how efficiently we cleared his allies. He is a newer commander probably hired for his muscles or looks not really for his brains." Crimson whispered to Rilyo. Crimson charged Next to the mans cover then began firing  rapidly while still behind cover himself. Crimson continued Blind fire until he saw Rilyo go to the other side of the mans cover. Crimson the aimed at the floor and fired repeatedly for every step Rilyo took. Then When Crimson heard the loud thud of a head hitting metal, Crimson went over to see the commander.Crimson nodded at Rilyo as he began taking care of the knocked out commander. Crimson went to the coms system and flicked it on.

"Well then since the command system is out of order and a new package will be arriving soon. I want all guard personnel outside to receive the package. All other personnel report to the Mess hall. " Crimson said into the mike making himself heard all over the place. Now that the guards are away and the scientists were going to the mess the squad was almost complete with their mission.
"Faithful till the end"
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Chapter 9 Prelude: Army  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:48:44 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 212  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >