Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Destination Doomsday: Homeland Security [VEA]

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Destination Doomsday: Homeland Security [VEA]
Dusk
ComNet Member

Dusk

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  406
Total Posts:  458
  RE: Destination Doomsday: Homeland Security [VEA]
May 22, 2013 6:07:39 PM    View the profile of Dusk 
“Crimson, Sharp; on me.” Dusk ordered the troopers. “Mox, take Anival with you east. I’ll take the greens west.”

“Yesir.” The ASL replied, motioning the other man to follow.

Dusk stalked over to the enemy soldier he had fired upon a few moments ago and kicked him over. The man was breathing in quick rasps. The SL lined his EE-3 with the man’s forehead and squeezed the trigger. The bolt instantly silenced the soldier. “Let’s move.”

The troops headed west through the encampment, occasionally switching to infrared to check the dark corners. They peaked on top of a hill and scanned the ground below them for life signs. “Sir, I think I’ve got something; movement to the north.” Crimson called through comms and pointed towards contact.

“Get down,” Jacen pulled out his macro binoculars and scanned the trees to the north. With slight dismay, the SL counted at least eight or nine New Republic soldiers. “We have NR movement heading our way. Advance to fire positions and await my order to open fire.”

The three troopers moved toward a cluster of rubble and assumed firing positions behind the assorted pieces of building. They waited as the New Republic troops neared their position. Dusk circulated a deep breath as he folded back his left EE-3 and gripped his right one with both hands for better accuracy. “On my mark, 3… 2… 1…” there was a slight pause, “Mark!” All three troopers opened fire on the unsuspecting hostiles. The first few shots hit their marks and a few went down, but the NR soon pulled their minds to heel and took cover; soon returning fire. There was a few seconds of random bursts from each side as they located each other and concentrated fire. Dusk was pressed against his mound of rubble as hostile forces focused on him. He could feel the crumbled wall start to get warm from the intensity of the concentrated blasts. “I’m pinned down. I need covering fire!” Crimson and Sharp quickly responded with their own flurry of bolts as the storm of blasters turned off of Dusk.

As soon as he was certain enough heat had been taken off of him. The young SL sprinted from cover, towards a mostly intact building. He scrambled up the ladder and spread himself over the roof with his blaster turned towards the enemy. He now had a clear view of the battle field and quickly looked for the squad leader of the hostile force. He glanced an enemy trooper shoot off a salute to another, Dusk lined his shot up with the man’s head and squeezed off three bolts. They arced across the field and struck the SL strait through his head, he collapsed onto the soldier who had saluted him. With another trio of shots, he dispatched the other man as well.

Dusk could see the wave of distraught as the enemy forces learned of their commander’s demise, this sadness quickly turned to anger and they started making mistakes. Mistakes that RAIDERS could take advantage of. A few of them stayed up too long firing and were quickly mowed down by Sharp, Crimson, and Dusk.

There were only three or four left so Jacen felt it was fine to get down from his perch. He slid down the ladder and turned around to see the butt of a rifle strike his visor, knocking him to the ground. Jacen was dazed for a few seconds before he realized there was a barrel of a rifle pressed against his helmet.

“Get up!” A voice behind him ordered. Dusk lifted his hands as he rose to his feet slowly. “Turn around!” The young SL complied and turned to face his assailant. “Rank and position!”
“Sergeant Jacen “Dusk” Arture, ID number 426637, Squad Leader of RAIDERS squad. Specialty: Unconventional Warfare.”
“Yeah yeah, I didn’t want your whole life story. Hand over your weapons.”
Jacen moved slowly as he unclipped his storage belt and tossed it to the side than unclipped his EE-3’s and handed them to the man one at a time. “You don’t seem like the imbeciles we just massacred. What are you? Special Forces?” He glanced over the man’s shoulder to see the two greens get marched over, hands on their heads. There were a total of four NR troops now.
“I’m not going to answer that. Now, go join your squad. Move!” He jabbed Dusk in the back with his rifle. As he struck him, Jacen twisted and grabbed the barrel and pushed it aside as the trooper fired two shots into the ground. He wrestled the gun from him and pulled him in front as the other NR forces fired on Dusk. He pulled the cadaver’s gun up and squeezed of rounds into his adversaries chests, dropping them. He dropped the lifeless body to the ground and retrieved his weapons, “Come on, we need to clear the rest of the encampment.” The two recruits grabbed their gear and followed after their SL.

OOC:
WC: 833 WOOW! Finally got the juices flowing through the dark and desolate place known as my writing.

EDIT: First
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Jacen "Dusk" Arture
"We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction."
~Xephos

Smile!!! Tomorrow will be worse.

SL/SGT Dusk/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[DT][RAWR][ECA][QW 12][CEC][AS-1][SoC]
[This message has been edited by Dusk (edited May 22, 2013 6:08:15 PM)]
Sharp
ComNet n00b

Sharp

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  59
May 24, 2013 4:01:28 PM    View the profile of Sharp 
Sharp had just loaded a new clip into her rifle wen she saw crimson reach for his vibro-sword. She turned to find herself face first into a blaster barrel. Obviously the small band of troopers the two containing crimson and the once before her weren't as stupid as the grunts They had just dispatched. 

"Get up! weapons down and Hands on your head." one of them barked at Crimson and Sharp.

Sharp rose along with Crimson. Sharp quickly put her weapons down and glanced toward where Dusk had disappeared to.

"How did three soldiers kill so many of our own?" one of the NR troopers

"I don't know. Now the two of you get a move on." The man said as he hit crimson in the back with his rifle.

Sharp followed after her squad mate. The men didn't bother to hit her they guessed Crimson was higher in rank since his weapon set was different from Sharp's. They marched them until they could see Dusk who also was being contained by a NR trooper. Sharp began wondering how they would get out of this. Her eyes tarted abut glancing for a moment in all different areas searching for Mox. When the commander sprang to action she was astonished. Dusk killed all the NR troops within moments. Crimson was ready and the moment the troopers dropped he sprinted for his weapons. Sharp quickly followed. When she returned she quickly checked the NR for more ammunition and any communications devises. 

"Commander what should we do with these." Sharp asked as she held out the coms for Dusk.

"Destroy them, keep one so Mox can take a look at it when we meet up." Dusk said as he attached his belt.

Sharp destroyed three and hooked the last to her belt. when it was all said and done Dusk lead the group further into the combat zone. Sharp saw movement to find a man who had been crushed by rubble. He was missing his lower half as it was buried completely in rubble. Sharp could see by his clothing and the mud that clung to his shirt that he was a farmer. She guessed he was a friendly and so maybe he might need help.

"Commander come here." Sharp called to Dusk
"Faithful till the end"

TRP/PFC Sharp/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Sharp (edited May 24, 2013 5:47:24 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Sultan

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-DJO] Krath Priest(ess)
[VE-ICS] Intelligence Lesbian
[VE-VEHC] Brigadier General*

Post Number:  2175
Total Posts:  2413
May 25, 2013 5:39:57 PM    View the profile of Havock 
“A farmer?”

Garryll was still jogging up to the platform with a datapad raised to the General as she spoke. The reports were coming in from the squads, and as much as she liked their ability to mow down NR assholes there was still no sign of the virus.

“Raiders, they nearly got themselves captured then stumbled onto what looks like a survivor.”

“General!” Tyne came running from his rat hole at full speed.

“That is no survivor, General.”

“Oh for fracks sake Tyne. Please just get to the point quickly.” Havock was tired of the ramblings of the head of R&D. The man was hell bent on deploying a virus against their enemies, an act which Havock felt was the same as spitting on a school yard bully when they spit on you. She would rather deck the punk then play his own pathetic games.

“There is something strange about the readings I’m getting back from your units.”

Havock was already scrolling through the raw data as it came into the CIC, and although she found it fascinating the big question on her mind was why this one man survived. He was the only thing breathing in a garden of bones.

Garryll cleared his throat. “General, we did get some strange readings off of the HUDs.”

“Yes, yes, see.” The sweeping motions of Tyne’s limbs made Havock want to chop them off. “There is something wrong with this guy, General. His beta levels are through the roof and I can’t even clock his white cell count. He looks fine but his temp is reading over 103.”

“Get to the damn point Tyne.”

“The point General, is that this farmer is infected with the DBKF virus.”

Havock and Garryll raised their eyebrows and waited for the medic to continue. When he didn’t, Havock tapped his forehead with the datapad in her hand. “The what?”

“DB…look nevermind that, the point is that this strain is specific. It’s an infiltration strain, a fact you would be aware with if you would read any of my reports General.” The glare from the prefect was enough to know he needed to continue. “DKBF is its most potent in raw form, you’ll find that in canisters. But if this poor sap is infected and he’s the only one…the canisters must be near where he lives. You said he was a farmer?”

Garryll nodded.

“So…doesn’t that mean he lives on a farm?”

“Command Comm.” Havock’s voice boomed suddenly towards the bank of monitors to her left. “Get word to Raiders, I want to know where this guy lives and I want both squads at that location now!”

Her eyes turned back to Garryll. “Get a sat holo of the whole area, see if we can pinpoint anything suspicious and keep enemies off their tail while they search the target zone.”

OOC:
RAIDERS: Interrogate the Farmer to find out where he lives (you can be gentle or not, up to you)
Blackjack: Secure the perimeter around your current location and search for more hostiles/survivors

THEN

You will arrive at a large farm with many buildings to check out, search the area keeping an eye out for more NR hostiles and the canisters with the virus. You will find evidence that the man who is sick is tied to the Imperial Remnant (hmmm curious…)

Raiders: Move into the Greenhouse and main house to locate canisters.
Blackjack: Move into the barn and stables to locate canisters.

You can split up or stay together totally up to you.
Prefect of the Army
PRF | BGN Ayme 'Havock' Katash | VEA | VE
SM | KS Ayme 'Havock' Katash | Lion Sect | Lopen | VEDJ | VE
IL | CPT Havock | Broken Bitch | Eyesore | Osk
[EW1] [RoT] [RoM] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC]
{HoTC} {KAD} {GC} {GS} {RES} {MRT}
(RAWR) (ESC09) (AoT) (DoH-P) (AS-4) (A13) (A5) (1.1) (1.2)
(KC2)
Former RAIDERS Squad Leader & Phoenix Platoon Commander & Wildcard Company Commander & ARC Theta Commander
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited June 1, 2013 1:23:03 PM)]
Skarr
ComNet Expert
Imperial Supporter

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  1982
Total Posts:  2102
May 31, 2013 1:04:06 AM    View the profile of Skarr 
Blackjack squad trudged through the blackened area that the mortar had created. Skarr had suggested that they move up and begin scouting the area. There were a few buildings in the area still standing, but one portion in particular had taken the most beating from the mortars. All that was left was craters and ruins. Skarr grimaced. Mortars were an awfully messy way of taking care of enemies. It required some collateral damage and Skarr hoped it was worth it. His squad mates were spread out slightly from his position. They were all still in earshot, but they had taken up defensive positions around him, keeping an eye out for the enemy.

Skarr clicked on his helmet comm, “Dusk. Anything new on your end?”

The comm crackled in response, “We’ve found a farmer by the looks of him. Command’s requested we interrogate him to find where he lives. He might be linked to the virus.”

“Keep me informed, we’ll search the area for any survivors and keep any baddies off your back.” Skarr replied. He motioned for his squad to form up, he liked to keep things personal and preferred to dish out his orders without the comm when possible. “Alright, we’re going to split up and scan the area. I want to know if we have any remaining hostiles and I especially want to know if we have any survivors. Now pair up.”

Drexhel strode up to Skarr, “I’m with you, buddy.” The squad leader nodded and watched as the rest of the squad began fanning out in different directions. He took a quick survey of the area and decided to check out the ruins. It seemed highly unlikely that anyone would have survived the mortars, but Skarr wanted to be safe. Drex followed him to the cratered area of the field.

There were no sounds as the two men waded through the loose dirt that had been thrown up by the explosions. Skarr waved for Drexhel to head into one of the ruined buildings before ducking into one himself. He stepped carefully over fallen bits of debris. A part of the ceiling fell nearby, causing Skarr to wince. He was afraid of the whole building coming down on top of him, so he began edging his way back out. The floor beneath him gave out, causing him to yell out. His rifle left his grasp as he latched onto a bit of the floor still left. He cursed himself for not having strapped the rifle to himself before struggling out of the hole.

Skarr rose slightly to his feet, trying to stay as low as possible to the floor. It began to groan under his weight and cracks started appearing. He maneuvered himself closer to the door, gritting his teeth as the cracks in the floor widened. As the floor started to fall away, he flung himself out the door to the building. He heard a loud crash from inside the building. Drexhel appeared out of the building he had entered and rushed over to Skarr.

“What the hell was that?” Drexhel asked.

“Floor collapse. Lost my damn rifle.” A snort escaped Drexhel and he started laughing. Skarr threw him a quick glare before picking himself off the ground. He dusted himself off and walked a good distance away from the building. His comm crackled to life again.

“Skarr. This is Therex. You’re going to want to see this.”

It only took Blackjack squad two minutes to converge on Therex’s location. Terre and him had, unsurprisingly, paired up to scout a cluster of buildings to the east. In one of the buildings was a group of survivors, much to their joy. However, that joy dissolved when they found out that the survivors were sitting in a trap. There were only six survivors in the building, but they were being contained in a cage. Therex had almost opened the cage, before Terre had discovered it. There was a wire at the top of the cage that junctioned with a fuse box. From there, the two had not done anymore, but called Skarr. He walked around the cage now, trying to find another way in. The squad didn’t have a pair of fusion cutters which would make this easier on them. It seemed that the terrorists had very little time to set up the trap and had hoped that whoever would come to the farmers’s rescue would open the cage door.

The squad leader began tracing the wire from the fusebox that trailed down into the floor. “Somebody see if there’s any stairs that lead down to the basement.”

OOC:
And now you have your post. I'll leave it to you guys as to what we find in the basement. What is the trap that has been laid for us?
SL|CoT:A|PC/1LT Skarr/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[CDS] [ES2] [IH] [RoT] [CRoM] {RES} (VT) (ECA) (WtR) (HeS) (HoS) (3.1) (1.1) (1.2) (A5) (A8) (AS-2)
TRN/AC Vexus/Lopen/VEDJ
(WoS1)

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" General George Patton
"A leader leads by example not by force." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
[This message has been edited by Skarr (edited May 31, 2013 1:59:37 AM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Marshal

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Sith Vitiator
[VE-ICS] Privateer Captain

Post Number:  2098
Total Posts:  2159
May 31, 2013 10:58:59 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
-Underground Cave, half a kilometer from farm-

More than a score of men lounged in the cave, cleaning weapons or killing time. The oldest amongst them sat in the center, a short stick in his hands having been turned into a piece of art by surprisingly keen fingers and a small blade.

The blade slid down the art, whittling small bits of the wood away. However, the panicky steps and heavy breathing of a presence before him drew his attention away.

“Sir, bad news,” panted the man, his shoulder charred by a blaster bolt and bleeding heavily. The bandage wrapped around it was stained crimson by the injury. “Real Imps showed up.”

The Commander, weathered by a lifetime of hard living, set down knife and wood alike. “I thought we dealt with the Imperial forces. There’s no way that the local garrison could have scrambled a second force to investigate so quickly.”

“They’re not, sir!” panted the injured man, sitting and gulping in air. “They’re from Sianat! They’re special forces!”

The old man stood up violently. “What?!”

“Yeah!” coughed the man. “My team got shot up, and I think me ‘n’ Jak were the only ones to survive.”

“Shit,” the old man muttered. “Jak’s been living on DBKF for months, now. It’s certain to have affected. Even the Imps won’t fail to pick up on something like that.”

“Sir, what is DBKF?” asked one of the other men, a tall man with a thick beard. “Cuz they just sent us here with it, never told us what it stood for, what it does.”

“I myself don’t know what it’s called, or why it’s called that,” the old man said. “But it’s a powerful enough bioweapon to cripple this world for decades, if not longer. This is for the Republic men. If they find and take the DBKF stockpiles, our infiltration, which has lasted five years, will have been in vain.”

The old man ran a palm across his face. “I hate the country side, especially of this planet. It stinks, compared to Coruscant...”

He shook himself from his thoughts in a moment. “Ready weapons. We must not fail our mission.”

Company Commander of Phoenix Company |Tactical Officer of the Army | Adept of the Dark Jedi Order | Captain of the
Bloodfist in the Osk Company
TO/MAJGarryll Gates/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [SCP][RoM][ICE] [IH] [CCA] [BC] [SRP] [AS-4] [ES1] [CoS] [EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoTx2] [CRoS] [AoT] [CoZ][CoDS][VT][CRoM][SoS][GRoM][KAD][RCA][*QW 12*](3.1)(1.1)

SM/VIA Gates/Eagle Sect/Lopen/VEDJ/VE (KC1)
Longtime leader of Blackjack Squad
For Tadath, for the Empire.

crimson-nexus
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  26
Total Posts:  52
June 1, 2013 2:35:42 AM    View the profile of crimson-nexus 
Crimson was about to try and remove the rubble form the man. That way they could treat him to some relief. That was when a flash of movement caught his eyes. It was Dusk obviously getting a call. although Crimson didn't know if it was Mox calling for assistance or checking in, or if it was new orders from command.  Crimson waited for Dusk to say something. He didn't bother to help the man and Sharp wasn't going to do any thing until the rubble was moved or Dusk gave an order.

"Don't touch him" Dusk finally said.

Crimson and Sharp both took one quick step away from the farmer. Crimson pondered on why they weren't to touch the farmer.

"He's poisoned with some chemical or another. We're to interrogate him and see if we can get info on how he got poisoned. Specifically where he lives encase that's where the chemicals are held." Dusk said calmly.

Dusk walked away probably to give Mox and Anival  a call.  Crimson looked at the farmer wondering how they would interrogate him if they can't touch him. He then got an Idea. He ran to find one of the bodies of the NR troopers Dusk had killed. He checked over their bodies for knives and gloves. He found that the leader who had been killed by Dusk first had a pair of gloves.  Crimson pulled them off the dead trooper and pulled them on over his own gloves Along with it he stole the troopers knife just in case. He then move back to the farmed and knelled beside the him. Crimson Smacked The man to see if he was asleep or knocked out cold..

"Are you alive?" Crimson asked politely.

The farmer didn't move but his eyes flew open and he looked at Crimson.

"You got a name guy?" Crimson asked kindly since he didn't want to start with painful interrogation.

"It's Meric, Meric Cloaser."Tthe man commented after a moment of stunned Silence.

"Meric, your very sick with a special poison from the men who had been hanging around here. We want to help you and your fellow Farmers by destroying what caused your poisoning. Might you tell me where you live." Crimson stated to him.

"I live two miles east of here. Now please help me." Meric begged.

Crimson nodded and pulled off the gloves then turned to Dusk.

"Well we know where to go, what do we do with him Dusk?" Crimson asked.
I am a mandalorian. No I am the crimson-nexus mandalorian son of the nexu.

TRP/ PSC Crimson-nexus/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Faithful till the end"
Khalldryn
ComNet Novice

Khalldryn

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  56
June 1, 2013 3:47:34 AM    View the profile of Khalldryn 
As Blackjack investigated the building, Jamasis and Khalldryn scouted to the south. It wouldn't do to place the whole squad in a building with no eyes on the surroundings – a single RPG could end them.

They approached a field of crops. Khalldryn didn't recognise what it was, but great stalks shot up twelve feet from the ground. They were tightly packed and covered in brown tendrils such that they completely blocked the line of sight.

Khalldryn looked to Jamasis and nodded, they both stepped into the swaying crops and immediately lost sight of each other. Khalldryn stalked forwards, keeping his fletchette launcher shouldered. A noise caught his attention and he swung the weapon to the side. His visibility was only a few feet, but he didn't see anything. Probably nothing, he thought to himself.

He thought to double check Jamasis' position on his HUD. He was getting a little edgy and didn't want to hit his comrade accidentally.

Another noise. Khalldryn froze. That had definitely been a footstep. He waited for a few moments, before starting to to doubt what he had heard. He took a careful step forwards, pushing the crops aside with the barrel of his rifle.

He heard a rustle behind him and turned – but too slowly. Something hit him from behind and there was an unbelievable pain in his right shoulder. Khalldryn span around, swinging his left elbow back. It  connected solidly with the man behind him.

Khalldryn caught side of the man as he was hurled away, but as he brought his fetchette launcher to bear the man had vanished into the crops. He have chase for a few metres, but realised he had last his attacker.

He set his weapon on the ground and reached back to his shoudler. His fingers lightly brushed the handle of a knife. Steeling himself against the pain he grasped it an pulled. It was agonising extracting the blade. He threw the tiny dagger to the ground, it was coated in his dark blood. His attacker had managed to find the softer fabric in the gaps between armour plates, but as Khalldryn had turned away the blade had only penetrated an inch.

Khalldryn threw his heavy fletchette cannon over his shoulder. He pulled a wicked looking machete from his thigh and chose to hold it in his left hand. The right arm was feeling weak, but he held the E-11 he used as a sidearm with the other hand. It was almost pointless attempting to use a blaster with visibility of only a few feet.

He dared not speak, but pushed a button on his comm to signal the others: enemy contact. He could sense they were close, if he could take his helmet off he was sure he would be able to hear or smell them.

===

Returning to his fire team, their leader risked a whisper, "Looks like most of them went into the trapped barn...the lack of explosions is making me nervous. Couple of them are in the field with us." He pointed in two directions.

"One of them seems to be a giant, thought I'd take him out quietly, but missed the strike. Any word from the others?"

"No," came a quiet reply.

"Right, spread out and deal with anyone in the field, then we fall back. And a reward for the man who gets me my favourite whittling knife back." the Commander grunted.

OOC:
Contacts in the high crops. Visibility essentially zero. Should be fun.

Quote:We meet there around two-thirty in the morning, dressed all in black, and we have us a knife fight
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS  TRP/PFC Khalldryn/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/  KHALLDRYN
BlackJack Squad
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Khalldryn (edited June 1, 2013 11:11:46 AM)]
Agathius
ComNet n00b
Imperial Supporter

Agathius

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  24
June 1, 2013 9:21:21 PM    View the profile of Agathius 
Agathius made his way towards the set of buildings alongside his squad. On the way, Agathius was able to witness firsthand the results of their mortar bombardment.

Badly mutilated corpses and body parts lay strewn across the field. Their shelling had not only torn up these men, but the ground that stood beneath them.

It was a gruesome sight, he felt a tinge of guilt for killing these men in such a terrible way, but he knew that they would have done the same if they were in his position.

But he had no time to think about that. There was still a task at hand. They were now being ordered to scour the area for any signs of life. He paired up with Karash and together they began to search through the ruins. The first few minutes were uneventful. They had gone through several damaged buildings, finding nothing but rubble.

They then neared what appeared to be once a barnyard. The roof had caved in during the bombardment, turning the barnyard into a flattened mess of wood. But what caught his attention was what lay near the ruins.

Two figures lay motionless in front of the destroyed barnyard. One of them was substantially smaller than the other. Agathius suddenly realized that it was a child. He panicked  and darted over to the pair.

"Wait!" he heard Karash shout over his Comlink

Karash darted after him, but Agathius had already made his way towards the two. He came across the bodies. The little one was lying face down, while his father lay on his back, with his mouth gaping open. Both of their bodies were lined with shrapnel. It appeared that both had been dead for sometime and he realized that there was nothing he could do.

Karash came up to him.

"Look, there's nothing we can do"

Agathius nodded silently and the two went back to surveying the ruins.

The rest of the squad had went over to Therex's location. They found themselves looking at a cage filled with six survivors. Agathius had felt numb at the sight of the two dead civilians, but now this turned to anger. He was outraged that their enemy would actually use civilians as bait. He thought that even the New Republic had standards.

“Somebody see if there’s any stairs that lead down to the basement.”

Agathius volunteered and went around the building search for a set of stairs. He was much relieved to find one and slowly descended down the stairs.

As he neared the bottom of the stairs, he heard something click. He quickly darted back up the stairs as the trap went off. A loud boom went off, and flames quickly began to engulf the basement and the staircase.

"Shit! An incendiary went off!"
TRP/PFC Agathius/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE/(1.1)
Dusk
ComNet Member

Dusk

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  411
Total Posts:  458
June 14, 2013 11:11:49 PM    View the profile of Dusk 
"Well we know where to go, what do we do with him Dusk?" Crimson asked.

Jacen thought back to the briefing for the Rayjoy operation, the words clear in his mind. 'No known cure.' Dusk sighed and spoke up. "Let me have some words with him." He approached the broken man, his face filled with shock, pain, and fear. Crouching in front of him, the SL placed his gloved hand on the farmer.

"Meric, as my trooper just told you, you've been infected by a lethal virus that's been brought here by the New Republic. I'm sorry to inform you, but there is no cure. This virus will kill you, slowly and painfully. It's nothing anyone wants to see or experience. I'm offering to put you down before it gets a hold of you. Will you accept that? I will also take a recording of anything you would like to say to your family."

The man looked at the ground than back up to Dusk, the farmer seemed much more fragile. "Alright. But get that recording to my daughter. She lives in the town not to far from here."

"Yes sir." Jacen hit record on his helmet and nodded. "Recording."

"Sweetie." He choked out. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wont be able to see you off to the academy. And I'm sorry I wont be there if you ever decide to get married. Just remember, I will always be with you," Tears rolled down his face and he chocked back a few sobs." I will always be proud of you. And... and I'll always love you. Goodby my beautiful baby girl." His head dropped and he wept.

Stopping the recording, Jacen stood. He drew his pistol and pointed it at the mans head. Than the man looked up once more, "Soldier, promise me one thing. If you ever have my daughter, Kathrine Cloaser, serving under you, keep her safe."

"I promise."

A shot rang out and the young SL turned away slowly. "Let's get to his house and stop these bastards." He walked past the two greens and holstered his still smoking bullstopper.

RAIDERS squad approached the farm compound with blasters raised. "Eyes on all angles, if the containers are stored here, than I doubt we wont have any hostiles in the AO."

They approached the largest building within sight. "This must be the crop storage, My bet's that they have a canister or two in here. Sweep the building. Go, go, go!" He pulled the door open and the squad rushed in. It was dark, so every one immediately switched to infrared or night vision. They were in a corridor with doors on each side and a large, double door at the far end. "Storage will be through there. Mox, Crimson, and Anival check it out. Sharp, help me clear out these rooms. Move it!"

Jacen "Dusk" Arture
"We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different direction."
~Xephos

Smile!!! Tomorrow will be worse.

SL/SGT Dusk/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[DT][RAWR][ECA][QW 12][CEC][AS-1][SoC]
Sharp
ComNet Novice

Sharp

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  59
June 15, 2013 5:52:39 AM    View the profile of Sharp 
Sharp had stepped away and was listening for any chatter over the NR com. She tried to ignore Merics message and focused on listening in. it wasn't much use so She put it back when Dusk had finished what he had been doing.

"Let's get to his house and stop these bastards." Dusk said as he walked between Crimson and sharp and headed towards Meric's home.

Sharp nodded and followed along with her fellow recruit, Crimson.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sharp looked out at the expanse of buildings before her.  It felt better having the squad together again.  The squad walked together as a group everyone eyes peeled for any more NR troopers. From what Sharp could tell the NR had their best hidden away to protect the virus canisters. Sharp pulled her Scope up and watched the roof tops to make sure there wasn't any snipers taking aim. Since what happen with the last batch of NR troopers she was prepared for anything. Sharp took her eyes from the scope when they reached the largest building.

Sharp took cover next to the Door way just in case if the NR were waiting. Silently Dusk pulled open the door and Mox and Crimson charged first followed by Anival then Sharp and Dusk. It was Dark and quiet, the room was empty of blaster fire. So Sharp guessed no NR had been spotted and neither had any Raiders. Sharp switched to Night vision and scanned the room. It turned out it wasn't a room but a corridor. At the end was double doors and the side was marked with doors.

"Storage will be through there. Mox, Crimson, and Anival check it out. Sharp, help me clear out these rooms. Move it!"Said Dusk

Sharp watched Mox, Anival, and Crimson leave. then she turned to Dusk and nodded. She waited for him to take the lead and show her which room to clear first. Dusk pointed to the first door on the right. Sharp nodded then Crossed to the door. She switched to infrared and peered into the room. From what she could tell their was two bodies of heat within the room. Silently Sharp taped the door so it opened slightly. She peered through the crack and saw a few crates. She opened the door small enough to fit herself through and worked her way over to hide behind the crates. She peered over the Crates to see two men Working around a black cage. A third walked in from a side room carrying a box  of wires. One of the men reached into the box and pulled out an explosive.

"If they try to break into the cage they'll get fried." Said the man as he began Tracing the wires from the explosive and Making the cage into a trap.

Sharp Pulled up her rifle and looked into the scope. She aimed for the bomb and Shot. The bomb went off Killing two troopers and sending the third one flying into a wall.He crashed then slid to the ground. She shot him in the elbow then leaped over the crates and walked to the cage.

"Look out their setting up traps for us sir." Sharp said over the com to alert Dusk and the other RAIDERS.

Sharp then turned on the left over trooper and shot him in the other elbow. She walked to him and took off his helmet.

"Where are the canisters." Sharp barked as she shook the man.

The man looked up at her and knew he was done for but he wouldn't talk.

"I'll die before I tell you anything, you imperial scum!" The man yelled.

Sharp had already shot out his elbows so she nodded.

"I guess I'll resort to more painful methods." Sharp said as she Shot him in the knee.

He bit his lips to stop himself from screaming.

"Screw you!" He yelled.

"Guess I won't need to do this. But hey Don't worry I'll let you die painfully and slowly." Sharp said as she grabbed him by the scruff of his armor.

She then proceeded to throw him into the cage and Locked it behind her. She began walking away and exited the room. Sharp noticed that two men were exiting on of the rooms. So sharp pulled up her Scope and shot one in the head. He fell to the ground as the other turned  around his weapon in hand. Before he could shoot sharp shot again and hit him in the hand. He dropped his weapon to the ground.  She then shot him in the knee and watched as the man fell to the ground. She ran to the dead body and searched for a knife. She pulled one and turned to see the man grabbing his gun. She Stepped on his arm with her right leg then kicked the gun away with her left foot. She put her hands in the mans armpits and began dragging him toward the room she had exited from. She stopped in front of the cage where the man sat. She grinned as she put the man before the cage. she shot him in the elbow and pulled off his helmet. She grabbed him by his hair and held his head up.

"Tell me where the Virus canisters are or I'll kill him." She said trying to sound cruel.

"Go ahead I know your bluffing." the man said in response.

"You want to bet." Sharp said as she Wiped the knife blade down the mans cheek leaving a cut as it passed.

"Okay okay you win. Don't kill him. there is two of them in the main storage and one is hidden behind the vent in the next room over." the man said in shock.

"Thanks now here is a view of your future if you've lied to me." Sharp said as she cut the troopers throat.

She tossed him forward and his face slammed into the cage. she then walked over and stabbed the knife into the mans head. She then turned and began walking away.

"You'll get yours imperial scum." the man yelled from behind her.

"Mox there are two canisters in the room where your at. Dusk I need your help getting the next one." Sharp said into her com.

She then walked out of the room and walked to the room two doors down. This had been the room the other troopers had exited from. She opened the door and shot the man who stood there. She then walked out to see dusk reloading his bullstopper. Sharp nodded to the door that lead to the room, where the canister was supposedly hidden.

Dusk pulled out a basic grenade and Sharp nodded. the took cover at either side of the doorway. Then Sharp pushed open the door and Dusk pulled the pin, and tossed the grenade into the room. When the explosion went off Sharp and Dusk both charged into the room. the troopers were disoriented and a few were on the ground. Sharp shot anything standing that wasn't Dusk. When nothing stood she began pecking off anything with a heart beat. When all opponents were dead sharp looked for any vents. She found one. She wished she could shoot it but she couldn't risk destroying the canister.  Sharp got down on one knee and began bashing the vent. Eventually it bent enough that she could pull it out. She did and threw it to the side. She reached in and her hand tapped all over the bottom of the ventilation shaft. She didn't find anything. She looked in and noticed glinting metal attached to the top of the vent shaft. She reached in and grabbed it. Sharp and Dusk had gotten one canister.

"One captured, lets go and help the rest of the squad." Dusk said.

Sharp nodded as she popped the clip from her rifle. She then loaded a new one. She put it into the pack on her back. She could carry it there and it was safer there as well.
"Faithful till the end"

TRP/PFC Sharp/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/ A1
[This message has been edited by Sharp (edited June 16, 2013 10:32:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sharp (edited June 17, 2013 12:19:39 AM)]
Mox
ComNet Member

Mox

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  569
Total Posts:  659
June 23, 2013 7:52:55 AM    View the profile of Mox 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Crates upon crates of wheat and hay…” Mox muttered to himself as he walked along one of the storage shelves. “And we don’t even know if the containers are here…”

Shaking his head he crossed across to the next shelf corridor, quickly glancing at all the crates. The resistance of the compound was laughable. While the NR soldiers did have night vision goggles, they were not expecting the imperialists to find the storage compound, and so they were quite relaxed. The trio of Mox, Crimson and Anival quickly disposed of the few guards that were patrolling the area and left their bodies where they died. Then they commenced the search.

This gas has to be in a sealed container. Anything that’s not a crate will have to be taken: too risky to be opened… As he walked, the young slicer was listening into the NR radio, trying to catch anything: be it distress signals or squad communications, but it was silent; As if they all switched to a different frequency. Makes sense, I would probably do that too.. Suddenly his ComLink came to life and Sharp’s voice came through:

“Mox, there are two canisters in the room where you’re at.” Mox bit his lip: the storage hall was huge and finding the canisters would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. He chuckled as he remembered that they’re surrounded by hay and wheat, but nevertheless, he clicked the Comm to confirm the receipt of the message.

“Alright guys, we have two canisters here, so keep looking.” He spoke into the ComLink, to Anival and Crimson. He hoped that they would find them soon, and because they now know the amount of the canisters they wouldn’t waste time checking the rest of the room.

At some point during the search Mox stopped and looked around. Maybe it’s not on the ground… he  thought to himself In a vent, or perhaps in a wall… or maybe even in one of the crates but as he finished his thoughts Anival’s voice came through the Comm

“Got one. One more and we can get out of this shithole.”

“Where did you find it?” Mox asked, glancing at the digitized silhouette of Anival on his HUD.

“Behind a crate. A fluke, really. The crate happened to be empty and had a huge hole in it.”

“Good work.” Mox replied and returned to the search.

After a few minutes of uneventful searching Dusk’s voice came through the ComLink “Alright RAIDERS we got a canister. Did you find any?”

“Yeah, Anival found one, but there is still one to be found.” Mox replied, as he pushed away two crates away from each other, seeing if there was anything behind them.

“Alrighty then, let’s get this done and over with…” Dusk said as he glanced through the whole hall. “Sharp, stay here and guard, just in case some NR soldiers decide to wander in here.”

“Yes, sir.” Sharp replied as she placed down the container and unclipped her carbine.

One more person to help with the search. Mox thought to himself as he smashed a crate, slowly losing his interest in protecting farmers’ property. We need to hurry up… As he kicked yet another crate he felt something hard in the way of the kick. Got it he thought to himself, as he reached into the hay. Grabbing onto a handle he pulled and picked up the canister. The huge ‘toxic’ sign stuck onto a side confirmed that this was the gas canister.

“Alright guys, got it.” Mox said as he checked whether his kick has done any damage to the container. “Let’s get the hell out of here. The clean-up squads will take care of any contaminated wheat and such.”

“The R&D department are going to love this…” Anival said as the squad regrouped at the exit of the storage hall.

“Of course, unless Havock stops them. She’s not really into chemical warfare.” Dusk said as he checked the three containers for any possible leaks and such. “Let’s get to our shuttle. Me and Crimson up the front. Sharp, Mox and Anival stay at the back. Let’s finish this.” The SL ordered as he stood up and started walking towards the exit, rising up his weapon’s sights to his visor.

RAIDERS quickly exited the underground compound & started heading in the direction of the shuttle. Mox, container in the cyberhand and his DC-15c in his right hand, kept glancing around, seeking potential threats. It seems that the NR dispersed, either ran for the forest, or were hiding away, taking care of the wounded. Mox wondered if he knew any of them, and there was a chance that he did. But it didn’t matter. He’s part of the VE now, even if still under the false identity given to him by the NR. Tohar Xinn… what an irony. he thought to himself as he carefully manoeuvred around a burned body.

“I just hope that they won’t throw us into the quarantine again when we return…”

OOC:
WC: 839
AT LAST. I have posted! We have retrieved the toxic containers and are returning to the shuttle(I assume there is no more of these cotnainers. If there are, notify me and I'll edit the post appropriately)
Faithful 'til the End
Faithful? More like crazy...

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Slicer
ASL/CPL Mox/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[DT] [RAWR] [ECA] [QW 12] (WtR) [ESC-12] [SoC] [AS-3]/A10 (5.1) A17
"I have a rendezvous with death... I shall not fail that rendezvous." - Alan Seeger
Havock
ComNet Sultan

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-DJO] Krath Priest(ess)
[VE-ICS] Intelligence Lesbian
[VE-VEHC] Brigadier General*

Post Number:  2207
Total Posts:  2413
June 23, 2013 1:59:57 PM    View the profile of Havock 
The CIC was filled with movement as the Navy liaison arrived. General Katash rested on her hands as she leaned over the holographic console. The number of enemy blips had exploded over the display and quickly been squashed over the past twenty minutes.

Tyne nudged his assistant then turned to Havock. “You’ll never get those troops out of there before they drop their payload.”

Sergeant Nayad, a slender Twi’lek with green coloring was on his rotation as comm officer. Nayad was a good man, dependable, but not bright. “So what, it’s just the anti-virus the squints cooked up. That won’t hurt them.”

“Your comm officer never passed basic biology lab did he?”

Havock ran a tired hand through her damp hair. The room was cool but the pressure was rising every moment that passed. “Forgetting your boot vaccines there Nayad? The anti-virus will work as a vaccine in the civvies that are not infected, which helps but also could infect them. A vaccine is an inert form of the virus itself.” 

“I still haven’t heard a thank you for developing an anti-virus with only blood samples from the dead Army regs, in less than eight hours.” Tyne sang to his assistant.

“Shut up Tyne.”

Garryll approached the command console in the center of the room with a datapad in his hand. “Okay Raiders have found their canisters spread out under the farm, they are all neutralized and I’ve ordered them back to the shuttle.” His eyes scanned the display as he spoke. “Blackjack is in a less ideal situation, they are pinned down but fighting their way out now.”

“Shit.”

“Don’t worry I’ve handled that too.”

Havock glanced over at Garryll with a raised eyebrow.

“ARC was on leave.”

Havock leaned back to her full height letting her hands drop limply to her sides. “ARC…I thought…”

“Yea Iota’s last mission was a disaster, lost almost the whole team. Actually one of them is still in the med bay. But we did have three trainee’s on deck.”

Havock stepped forward and folded her arms. “So that’s Orr and three trainees? We never launch ARC less than full, that’s suicide, they work as a team.”

Garryll kept his eyes on the display. “Well there was a fully trained former ARC commander in the brig.”

Havock blinked as her mouth slowly opened. The commander of the Army’s eyes glared into the side of her Tactical Officer’s skull. The former ARC Theta commander had been in the brig for the past six months during an inquiry to her last mission to Shumongi. It was a situation in which Ayme couldn’t use her position to sway the internal affairs department. They wanted to know how a mission could fail so spectacularly that an entire ARC team could request a transfer and their command could be captured by thugs and require rescue by Orr’s team.

“We need her, and she wasn’t charged with anything other than being a PR nightmare. The IA creeps gave her one year and then she would be reinstated, I just requested they change that to time served so we can get our guys out of there. Orr is in command, she’s his second.”

===~~~===

Aryana ‘Whiskey’ Graves scanned the area using the infrared in her HUD. The farm looked like the aftermath of a tornado, with broken windows and torn buildings. It always amazed her how structures that took months to build could be ripped apart in a matter of moments.

She had taken up smoking Corellian Cigars during her time in the brig. At least they gave her a room with a window for her yearlong stay. The Shumongi mission was necessary but the fact that they could tie it back to the VE and they needed it to be an unauthorized mission to make everyone happy meant that Whiskey took the fall. Hazard of being in ARC she mused.

“Spoke to your sister yet?” Orr spoke softly over the private comm channel.

Whiskey knelt behind a large hay bale as they watched a squad of NR troops enter a building on the property. “Havock tried to visit twelve times, and tried to call every day.”

“Tried?”

Her sister was the prefect of the army and did not need to be spending her free time in the brig, yet her stubbornness seemed to know no bounds.

One of the recruits stumbled and made awkward motions with his hands towards the farm house. Whiskey raised her eyebrow and nodded calmly. “These greens you found, if one of them gets me killed, I’m holding you responsible Orr.”

“I’ll be sure to keep my guard up in the afterlife.”

Orr clicked his comm to the squad channel. “Alright ladies, this is the easiest thing you’ll do today after your morning shit. We go in BC10 and A12 blazing and get those Blackjack pansies back to their momma’s.”

Four comm clicks were his silent oorah as ARC Kappa moved out.

“Confirm Raiders made it to the hovercraft.” Whiskey reported.

Orr didn’t deviate from his crouched run to the structure. “Tell the crazy ones to stay put on that craft on standby, and get Skarr on the horn so our people don’t shoot at us.”

“Aye commander.” Whiskey whispered then switched her comm to Phoenix’s channel to relay the messages.

Orr took point as they entered the building, he scanned each room before motioning the team to keep up the pace. Whiskey kept the rear in check and made sure none of the recruits pissed themselves on their first mission in the dark Kerberos armor.  Movement caught the veterans eye and Whiskey flawlessly drew her A12 and fired one round into a NR troopers skull that was guarding the doorway to the basement level. The man spun and dropped just ahead of Orr’s position.

“Found them.” Whiskey muttered.

“You are a cocky one you know that?”

Whiskey shrugged as she approached the door. “I haven’t fired a gun at a target that wasn’t paper in six months, forgive my pure excitement.”

The sound of blaster fire and yells filled the basement as the ARC team approached. The youngest of the greens, a Trandoshan man barely old enough to have been in the corps longer than a year, darted for the high ground over some crates. His ability to converse left something to be desired but his aim with a sniper rifle held the precision of a surgeon’s scalpel. Orr and Whiskey found cover using a work bench, keeping an eye on the squads medic and combat engineer who was in position to trap the exit should that become necessary. The movement was synchronized, practiced, and flawless like they should be in ARC. The sniper dropped three men before anyone in the room had even noticed Kappa’s arrival. Between Orr, Whiskey and Blackjack the others were on the ground in less than sixty seconds.

Orr stood up and nodded to Skarr. “We need to go, the Navy is going to make sure the area is clear with some test tube bull shit.”

The Blackjack Squad leader grabbed Drexhel’s arm to get him on his feet and started to bark orders to his squad. They all were running towards the hovercraft and on their way back to Fort Sexton with enough time to watch the Navy shuttles fly overhead and dump their payload.

OOC:
The End. If you would like to post anything about the hover craft journey or something of a flashback if you are in Blackjack, I will not stop you. Good work everyone now get ready for Chapter 9.
Prefect of the Army
PRF | BGN Ayme 'Havock' Katash | VEA | VE
SM | KPT Ayme 'Havock' Katash | Krath | Shades | Raven 3 | DJO | VE
IL | CPT Havock | Broken Bitch | Eyesore | Osk
[EW1] [RoT] [RoM] [CRoM] [CoH] [RCoD] [PoC]
{HoTC} {KAD} {GC} {GS} {RES} {MRT}
(ESC09) (AoT) (DoH-P) (AS-4) (A13) (A5) (1.1) (1.2)
(KC2) (SoY)
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Destination Doomsday: Homeland Security [VEA]  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:18:06 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 504  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >