Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Thyveck Raiders: Convoy

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Thyveck Raiders: Convoy
Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Lieutenant Colonel
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1834
Total Posts:  2873
  RE: Thyveck Raiders: Convoy
April 21, 2011 5:23:39 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
OOC:
marked to here 145 points inlcluding double post bonus's. Moks watch the word limit.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
LTC/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC][CoH]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)[/align]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  518
Total Posts:  997
April 23, 2011 11:58:36 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
The desert wind caught wafts of sand in its embrace as it moved across the barren land.

Pieces of that sand, and even smaller particles found their way into the crevasses of Joamer's armor. He felt the wind die down again, its only purpose now seemed to be to torment him. He figured in the last three hours they had been walking the wind itself had deposited about ten pounds of sand on his person. Least it felt that way considering how his body chafed with every shift in position.

They were making decent time. Over an hour ago the still unknown girl had decided to wake up and join the world. The liter was quickly disposed of, a simple desert outfit was given to her along with her pack. Every member of the squad carried pretty much the same supplies. He made sure they carried enough water for five days, so roughly five liters each. The food was the harder part, they only carried enough rations for one day each. Being this close to Bastion if they were not in the city in one day they would be dead. Or facing an even worse fate.

As they made their way slowly over the dunes, and around the larger ones, they split into pairs. The difficulty of traversing the dunes did not seem to lessen any, but Joamer did not correct them. Bright was walking next to him, every once in a while she would turn to look at each group in turn. Joamer knew who she was really looking at though.

The girl and Heliwer had stuck together like glue ever since they had found her. She was either going to use him when the time came, or she was generally interested in him. With his training he figured it was the first option. Specially when she told them her name.

Sorain Tyime, apparently sold pies at market in Bastion. She was captured by a mercenary band nine months ago, and had been their capture ever since. He knew it was a lie, so did Bright. She was too well-trained for one, he noticed her watching everything around her.

Specially the weapons everyone was carrying at any one time. Her walked signified special training, possibly republic special forces. Something told him that was not true, or if it was she was very new to the job. What he did not notice, nor did anyone else, was the small holdout blaster pistol she had slipped from her bag to her right boot.

With the squad behind them at the bottom of the dune Joamer and Bright stood at the top, carefully keeping their balance on the shifting sands. Ahead, less than a klick away, stood the gently climbing cliffs and light vegetation that surrounded the entrance to Bastion.

"Now begins the really fun part." Bright said softly, she made sure her voice did not carry to the others. Joamer nodded slowly, his mind going over possible ways the girl could make a nuisance of herself.

He felt the datapad he had taken from Mox tucked away in his pack, it pulled at him constantly. It was just yet another worry he found himself with, another possible spy in his group. Two out of six were bad odds, he wondered if Mox would join her.

"We need to be prepared when she moves." Joamer said after a long minute. He did not tell Bright the hunch he had about Mox. He knew he should have, but he wanted to be sure first. He just needed a way to get the boy to open up to him.

"What happens if she stays with us when we reach Bastion?" Bright said as they started down the other side of the dune. Joamer did not answer as the group continued their journey. He was wondering that very same thing.

An hour later, their time delayed by a sudden wind storm that caused their pace to slow to a crawl, they finally reached the edge of the inhabited area. They stepped onto the road and saw recent tracks of wheeled vehicles, he knew it was from the convoy. A simple sign hung on a tree next to the road. It read simply.

Get them home.

The hand writing was instantly recognizable. Havock had taken a moment to tell them she was still alive. A few cheered as he told them it was from her, but Bright shared a look with him. Something told him, deep down in the pit of his stomach, that he may never seen her again. At that moment he felt truly alone in the world, with five souls looking to him for their very survival.

They started walking a few moment later. Joamer keeping his thoughts to himself, and trying to keep his face under control. Bright was walking closer than usual, her eyes told the story she could not voice. She knew something had happened to Havock.

He had scanned the area quickly, disguising his intentions as best he could. From what he could tell he did not see signs of a struggle, or a battle of any type. It gave him hope, but it still worried him.

He looked up as the road changed. Ahead of them, six hundred yards in the distance stood Bastion. They had finally made it, he knew the convoy was safe inside. Havock would have not failed in that duty.

A commotion behind him caused him to spin around. He forced himself to not draw his Particle Magnum as he looked into the eyes of the girl holding a blaster to Heliwer's head.

"Sorry boss, she surprised me. Grabbed my sidearm before I knew what was up." Heliwer said a second later. The girl pressed the muzzle tighter as a way of getting him to shut up.

Joamer motioned for Bright to stand down, he noticed she was slowly moving her hand towards her blaster.

"Alright young woman, you've got our attention." Joamer said, his own hand well away from his sidearm.

"First, drop your weapons. Then, everyone against that tree over there." She said, he watched her finger trigger remain away from the firing stud.

No one moved, they were all waiting for Joamer's orders. He was thinking, his mind going a hundred miles a minute. After a moment he decided to take a gamble and risk his troopers life.

"No, I don't think so. You won't pull that trigger, because if you do you will lose your one advantage." He said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Wrong gamble." She said, somehow reading his intentions. He watched in fascination as she pulled the firing stud on the blaster. Her reaction changed to alarm when the pistol refused to fire. A second later Mox cracked her in the upper back with the butt of his rifle. Heliwer stumbled as she was driven to the ground, with him under her.

Walking over to her he drew his Particle Magnum and looked down. She coughed a few times before looking up at him. Mox and Bright helped Heliwer to his feet, quickly kicking the pistol away from her as they did.

"Now, lets start simple. Tell me your name." Joamer said, as he pointed the Magnum at her.

OOC:
Objective complete. Dun dun dun....
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Gunnery Sergeant, Squad Leader
Raiders Squad, Wildcard Platoon, Academy Staff

SL|GSG Joamer|2SQD|1PLT|COM|RGT|BAT|VEA|VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [EW2] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [AS-2] [AS-3] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC] [RoT] [KAD] [AoT] [ESC09] {RES} (5.1) (6.1)
In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Sciuridae
ComNet n00b

Sciuridae

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  43
April 26, 2011 10:15:50 AM    View the profile of Sciuridae 
Cayla watched Joamer coldly, her mind going back to the hold-out blaster in her boot.  Then, she smiled and said "My name is Ashley Clearwater.  I am a pilot for a small world in the Outer Rim."

"Why should I trust you?" Joamer asked, fingering his trigger.

"Because your little convoy has taken a turn for the worst, and you are separated.  You'll need every able-bodied person you can get to get your team back to the convoy safely," she said, smiling evilly.

"You'll be dead weight for us to have to carry, Miss Clearwater," Joamer said.  "So... why in the hell should I let you live after that stunt you just pulled?"

"Because I know the New Republic, sir," she said, taking note of his fac growing slightly darker when she said 'sir'.  "I'm not a New Republic soldier, nor a pilot.  I am, however, the fiancĂ©e of the man who foolishly allies with them and fights them at the same time.  So, with that said, I'm probably the best source of up-to-date intel on the New Republic you have right now, sir."  Just gotta keep him talking for a little bit longer... she thought frantically, her eyes never leaving Joamer's.

Joamer seemed to think on this for a second, then frowned.  "No... I'd rather not take the risk of you trying to kill one of my men again," he said, his finger moving to the trigger.

Cayla started to get scared, then remembered something.  "Wait!  I can tell you something of the New Republic's movements here!"

"Oh?  And what would you want for this piece of information?  To live?" Joamer asked, keeping his finger resting on the trigger.

"Yes... I want to live.  But, I also want to see the New Republic's plan foiled," she said, grinning.

"Tell me what you know, and we'll see about you living," he said, moving his finger off the trigger, his eyes never leaving her's.

Cayla sighed then said "The New Republic is thinly spread across the Galaxy... too thin to maintain it's hold on several key worlds.  I have a list of worlds key to the stability of the Rebellion that are poorly defended and ripe for the taking."

Joamer thought for a long moment, the seconds ticking by seemed like an eternity. After a moment he holstered his pistol and said softly "For now, the moment the information stops. You stop breathing. Bright watch her, Heliwer stay away or I will punish you myself."

Cayla watched Heliwer's face sadden slightly, and she smirked.  She looked up and saw the woman Joamer called 'Bright' walk over.  Cayla stood up and said "I guess you're going to make sure I do nothing hostile?"

"You bet your life I am.  Make one hostile movement, and lasers are going into your head faster than you can say 'Palpatine.'" she said, shoving Cayla in the back.  "Move, Clearwater."

The group continued walking on, Cayla trying to figure out a way out of her current situation.  Well... I'm in a bit of a pickle... something I can handle, though... I just need to get this woman away from me.. she thought, looking at Brightstar.  Odd... she's the only woman here... I wonder...  "Excuse me, ma'am?" she asked, jumping a bit when Bright quickly turned around.  "Yes, ummm... I was just wondering what a team such as this is doing on a world like this?"

OOC:
Not my largest post... 568 WC...

Sorry everyone, kinda in a strange mood right now... at least I got a post up...
Private First Class Cayla "Sciuridae" Tavers, RAIDERS Squad Trooper

TRP/PFC Sciuridae/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  521
Total Posts:  710
May 9, 2011 9:45:45 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright ignored the woman. It wasn't that she didn't want to answer, it was more that she didn't know how to answer. She'd long forgotten exactlly why the RAIDERS were on Thyveck. She did know how long she intended to stay; not for another six months. She intended to do presicely what Havock's note told her to do. Bright was going to get her people home. If it was the last thing she did, Bright was going to follow that order.

She saw movement in her periphrial vision and grinned. She grabbed her Fibercord, the only remaining peice of her original equipment, and looped it over her head a few times then let it go. Her loop fell right over top her target and she pulled tight. The younger woman who had been walking in front of her had tried to take advantage of Bright's seeming lack of attention. She was now laying on the ground growling slightly.

Bright stepped over her and smiled down at her. "Nice try, but not quite there. Try it again and I'll shoot you."

'Clearwater' frowned up at Bright. She didn't say anything, just got up dusted herself off and started walking in their original direction again.

"Grahim! Take over for Bright." Joamer called from somewhere behind the two women. 

Bright didn't miss the small smile flash across the other woman's face. She smiled one of her own. "Careful. A gungan he maybe, but I wouldn't want him watching me like he will you. And do try not to anger him. He's bloody hard to calm down."

She watched Grahim take charge of her charge and grinned. It was difficult not to laugh at the look on 'Clearwater's' face.  Bright made her way back to walk beside Joamer. It was not lost on her the way he watched Mox. She'd been watching the kid a lot herself. She didn't trust him. Period. She couldn't put a finger on why. That alone was enough to put her in an irritable mood.

"Joa, I don't trust him." She said finally voicing her opinions. She kept her eyes forward, watching Mox pick his way along. She'd have stopped to look at the structure of the buildings and such if she could bring herself to let the two people she didn't trust as far as she could throw them out of her sight.

"You don't trust who?" Joamer asked cautiously.

Bright was sure that he knew who she was talking about but she told him anyway. "That Mox, kid. He reminds me of one of those creatures we encountered in the mid rim a few years ago." She said remembering. "You remember don't you?"

It wasn't like her to mention one of those missions, and normally she wouldn't but it was the best comparison she could come up with. One that she didn't like at all. She glanced at Joamer and saw the set of his jaw. Yes he remembered.

"I have something to show you later when we stop to rest." He said his voice remaining as low and quiet as hers had been. "Meanwhile we'll continue to watch him. What about our guest?" He asked

Bright shrugged. "She's wiley. I can't help but think she's testing us. Getting a feel for us." She caught the big man's eyes. In that instant a silent thought passed between them. They would do what was necessary it ensure the survival of their squad.
ASL/GSG Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[SRP][SCA][AS-2][ES1][ES1]{RES}[EW2]

"For your sake, I really hope that isn't a challenge."

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Thyveck Raiders: Convoy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:59:58 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 254  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >