Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Economics!

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Economics!
Raziel
ComNet Expert

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1545
Total Posts:  2873
  RE: Economics!
November 13, 2010 2:51:57 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Ah so this thread explains why kad now has a full set of gold teeth!
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Kadann
ComNet Emperor

Kadann

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Master
[VE-VEHC] Supreme Moff

Post Number:  2123
Total Posts:  2361
November 14, 2010 1:53:11 AM    View the profile of Kadann 
Raziel wrote:Ah so this thread explains why kad now has a full set of gold teeth!

Haha. 
Shazam wrote:Kad- my thoughts exactly!  Are you a Ron Paul or Peter Schiff fan by chance?

Yes.  Whether we want to admit it or not, the government is a business and in order to have it run successfully, it needs to be run by someone who understands business.  Not by someone who has been an employee all their life and worked for the government, but someone who has experience running businesses and has created jobs.

Entrepreneurs and small business is what will bring the country and even the world out of a recession.  Over 50% of the work force is employed by small business.  So to raise taxes on businesses is only going to create fewer jobs and hinder growth.
Darkhawk wrote:I suggest a giant statue of Kadann, but what do I know!

Great idea!  There definitely needs to be a statue of me somewhere!

Just so you guys understand a little more about how this current 'system' works.  The FED, enacted in 1913 by the Federal Reserve Act....is a privately owned company; whose sole purpose is to produce a profit!  The FED controls the currency supply of the US dollar as well as it's interest rates.....not the government.

One way to get more currency, the government "borrows" currency from the FED, who just creates the currency out of this air, and then pays the FED back with interest.  The other way, is to sell bonds to investors and pay them back with interest once they are due.

Now, you might ask....where does the currency come from to pay the interest on the currency that was just created out of thin air?  You guessed it....the government prints and borrows more!

As you can see, this creates a stack of bricks (debt) that goes higher and higher and just becomes more unstable the higher it gets.  Because of the way this was designed (by the FED), the debt can NEVER be repaid.  Therefore, debt creates slaves to those that have it.

This is also why, the FED and government want to have inflation.  The currency that was borrowed yesterday is cheaper to pay off tomorrow.  If there is deflation, the FED and government will just print currency like crazy because debt will cripple the economy.

This wasn't as much of a problem when the US dollar was on the gold standard and the dollar was backed by gold.  But thanks to FDR, in 1933, he took the dollar off the gold standard.  And because ALL the world currencies at the time were backed by the US dollar, he made every single currency a fiat currency, which is backed by nothing, all at one time.

There has NEVER been a fiat currency throughout all of history that has lasted very long.  This is the same reason Rome fell.....they created a fiat currency and printed it into oblivion. 

Sound familiar?  Look at the US government....printing more currency to pay the national debt, bailouts, etc.....

I hope you all realize that in the last year, the government has created more debt (printed currency) that was created in ALL the previous 10 years!  That's in one year!  It will only get worse...because that currency has interest attached to it. 

It gets better!  Remember the bonds I talked about earlier that the government sold for investment.  Well, usually those were purchased by other countries to raise capital.  China and the UK are the two biggest holders of US bonds.  But now, investors aren't buying as many bonds...I wonder why...  So what does the FED do?  It is now buying the bonds from the US government with currency it just created out of thin air.

This is crazy stuff and there is a LOT more involved.  I just barely scratched the surface.  Most people don't realize what is really going on.  But once the population does, there is going to be some pissed off people. 
Racer
ComNet n00b

Racer

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  104
November 14, 2010 6:30:04 AM    View the profile of Racer 
Wow.

First of all, I think they should be curing ever country of some of this debt. It's hard to explain....

but I think they should have a worldwide thing of curing each country's debt, and then we'll see how far that goes.

Maybe if we cure UK and Europe's debt, it'll help us in North America to come back to normal.

This is curable, if you look at the Great Depression

P.S: Kadann's back!!
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny."-Emperor Palpatine
"If you're going to run away from Danger, I hope Safeness likes you."-Me
"If you're going to leave something behind, please make sure it is something I want."-Me
"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
"It can't be that button... It's red and flashing... Red and flashing never means good..."-Nymall
Jager
ComNet Member

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer Captain

Post Number:  588
Total Posts:  630
November 14, 2010 6:53:44 AM    View the profile of Jager 
Quote:P.S: Kadann's back!!

P.P.S: And bless mommy and daddy, and all the peoples of the world. I just know that if we tap our heels together everything will be better.
Scout/Heavy weapon specailist

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Gunnery Sergeant J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
Maroy
ComNet Cadet

Maroy

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  217
Total Posts:  718
November 14, 2010 8:18:15 PM    View the profile of Maroy 
Racer wrote:This is curable, if you look at the Great Depression

The "cure" for the Great Depression was the demand for factory workers and soldiers when the U.S. got involved in WWII. Not any silly bills or laws or inflation. (since when does inflationary spending fix inflationary spending?)
Jegora
ComNet Expert

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] 1st Leftenant
[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1551
Total Posts:  2175
November 14, 2010 8:35:41 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
And here we go.
Jegora Fal
Adept of the Dark Jedi Order
Senior Captain of the Osk Company
Assistant to the Executive Officer
Wraith Trooper

TRP/`1LT Jegora/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[RCoD] [IH] [BC] [EW1] [MRT] [CoZ] [CCA] [DCE] [BoT] [ESC09] [AS-2]
Luckystar
ComNet Disciple

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  2619
Total Posts:  3440
November 14, 2010 9:27:36 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
First off, Kadann's always here he just desn't post very often.

And to repeat what Maroy said in a way: For the Great Depression all that was needed was to get people some work to do, the Great Depresion is different in  a way because that had to do with the War, this however does not (well, not entirely) and so we have to look at things in a broader manner. Giving people more jobs, buying and selling are just some of the things we can do to decrease our debt- this might seem lik something which will get us into more debt but we can't just rely on stimulus packages to help us solve our problems.

Racer, as for your idea of helping a country pay off its debt, I disagree. This is a global crisis, as such helping one or two countries reduce their debt would only really work for that particular country we'd be helping, everyone else would only be sinking deeper into the financial hole unless they wereto help us which would have them back to square one. So really, that idea wouldn't rally work. Add to that the fact that a fair amount of people can be greedy.
Hunter-Morrell
ComNet Disciple

Hunter-Morrell

[VE-ICS] Privateer
[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Editor

Post Number:  2050
Total Posts:  2071
November 14, 2010 9:35:36 PM    View the profile of Hunter-Morrell 
A fair amount of people? Understatement of the year, methinks
RET/ENS Hunter Morrell/VEN/VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=ME=)(=*MAE*=) [CBV.][NS-1][SWC][BRC][VC:B][SoL][NSR]

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Shazam
ComNet Lord

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commodore
[VE-VEEC] Editor

Post Number:  4175
Total Posts:  4197
November 16, 2010 4:17:21 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
What Kad just explained I have heard many times before now, and after listening to it for three years- I still don't completely get it, lol.  The gist, as I understand it, is that we're getting screwed   Lol.  I mean- you never know when you're going to be wrong (even if you're certain your correct), but the people this is coming from (Ron Paul, Peter Schiff) are people who have credibility as far as I'm concerned because they made accurate predictions about the status and future of the economy well ahead of time.  Not to mention, of course, their overall candor and sincerity (and credible intellectual backgrounds).  Either way- I have a lot to learn just yet about the mechanics as these two (and others) have explained it.  Very interesting- very worrying.  We can only pray and do our best to prepare ourselves.  (Buy lots of food and start purchasing silver! Or gold...  Probably better to get silver.  Little easier to trade I would suspect.)

For those interested, this might be a sort of earthquaking video as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKePl2gW_3M
*Flash Was Here...*

NXO/COM Shazam/Phoenix 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=MA=) (=*FOCE*=) [CBV*] [LoM] [LSM] [MC2] [VC:S] [SV*] [DSM] [KC] {Platinum Writing Medal}
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 16, 2010 4:19:32 PM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2678
Total Posts:  2685
November 16, 2010 9:21:53 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Jager
ComNet Member

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  592
Total Posts:  630
November 16, 2010 9:30:06 PM    View the profile of Jager 
The moons had it too good, for too long! Bugger the tides, I say we get up there and show that astral body who's boss!
Scout/Heavy weapon specailist

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Gunnery Sergeant J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2679
Total Posts:  2685
November 16, 2010 9:47:45 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
It's really the only thing I could think of that would help at this point.
DJW Darkhawk/Eagle 1/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[VP:1][SoY][EoP][CR]

COM Darkhawk/VEN/VE/(=SCPA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=)[NS-4][LoC][SWC][BRC][NSM][MC:1][CoB.][VC:E][NDM][KC:OC]
Jegora
ComNet Expert

Jegora

[VE-ARMY] 1st Leftenant
[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1555
Total Posts:  2175
November 16, 2010 11:05:55 PM    View the profile of Jegora 
Jegora Fal
Adept of the Dark Jedi Order
Senior Captain of the Osk Company
Assistant to the Executive Officer
Wraith Trooper

TRP/`1LT Jegora/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[RCoD] [IH] [BC] [EW1] [MRT] [CoZ] [CCA] [DCE] [BoT] [ESC09] [AS-2]
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate King
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3822
Total Posts:  3940
November 16, 2010 11:23:47 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Supposedly a pregnant woman standing on the shore has more effect on the tides than the moon. Don't know where I heard that, but I'm pretty sure it was TV.

As someone to whom this entire thing has no relevance I'm all for Darkhawk's plan.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP][RoT][SCA][MRT] -So Very Retired-
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE -Disbanded-
King/Pirate Lord Sniping101/Throne/The Osk Company/Osk 91
----------------------------------------------
"Contra Felicem vix deus vires habet."

Raziel
ComNet Expert

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1546
Total Posts:  2873
November 17, 2010 2:01:16 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
possibly could have been snipes, i know there are stupid people on tv too
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Racer
ComNet Novice

Racer

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  64
Total Posts:  104
December 1, 2010 7:16:32 AM    View the profile of Racer 
uhh...
haha
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny."-Emperor Palpatine
"If you're going to run away from Danger, I hope Safeness likes you."-Me
"If you're going to leave something behind, please make sure it is something I want."-Me
"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
"It can't be that button... It's red and flashing... Red and flashing never means good..."-Nymall
"The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them."-Firefrog, one of the earliest VE Army Members
[This message has been edited by Racer (edited December 1, 2010 7:16:50 AM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Economics!  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:56:04 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 98  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >