Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Lord
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3764
Total Posts:  3940
  RE: Trooper Specialties
December 17, 2009 8:02:25 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
I'm just going to throw something out there. I know I haven't been around in awhile; but back when I was working on the specialties I had in mind that the stories shouldn't necessarily be episodic blurbs about the training itself. Yes, they're designed to demonstrate that your character does, in fact, know their MOS; however that doesn't mean that the story has to be specifically about that so much as the characters experiences through that part of training, that the whole training of the MOS could be taken as a single unit, the stories themselves making up chapters, so to speak, in the characters development. Not to say that it can't be split up in any combination of episodic posts and coherent story(ies). Or something like that.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
TRP/FSG Sniping101/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS][GS][GRP][RoT][SCA] -So Very Retired-
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE -Disbanded-
King/Pirate Lord Sniping101/Throne/The Osk Company/Osk 91
----------------------------------------------
"I'm a combat life taker, not combat lifesaver, bitches!" - Drill Sergeant Reitz
Luckystar
ComNet Disciple

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  2141
Total Posts:  3440
December 17, 2009 8:34:44 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
That's a good point Snipes and I will outirght admit that I sort of follow that train of thought. I make my stories more than 2 pages long in Word so they're lengthier than the "requirement" which was 2 pages last i checked, I try to make the story a good read, an adventure sort of. Make it interesting for teh reader while keeping the overall expectations that each story has in mind and so I work both those elemnts into one adventure-that-completes-the-task-tye thing.
Marcus
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  2
Total Posts:  17
January 4, 2010 2:04:30 AM    View the profile of Marcus 
Going a bit off of what everyone has said before, I think the idea of more specs would be great especially since the real army has hundreds of possible paths for its soldiers.

Another thing, from what Hassar had said, instead of making it the lonesome person writing endlessly by themselves, we could do the group thing or something where its an officer and the trooper working on the spec. Basically the trooper would start off and then the officer would step in and point the way. The trooper would take over from there and all done. Then move on to the next story.
TRN/PVT Marcus/.SQD/.PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE
Zeshaun
ComNet Member

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  778
Total Posts:  896
January 4, 2010 4:44:15 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
I really like the idea of making specs group stories or even with an officer but thinking from the other perspective, the "officers" are busy themselves, and if they can't post on your spec because other things take priority, then well, you will have to just wait until they are ready. Same thing goes with the group, what if one person in your group posts once. Do they pass along with everyone once the story ends?
Senior Sergeant Zeshaun
TRP/SSGT Zeshaun/3SQD/1PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1][IH][EW1][DCE][CCA][SC]{RES}[AoT][EW1][ESC09]
YFC
Always a Paladin on the inside
When staring in the face of death, we see our reflection.
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Zeshaun
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Army Main ComNet > Trooper Specialties  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:55:07 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 188  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >