Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Rebel Encampment (Raiders Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Rebel Encampment (Raiders Squad)
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
  RE: Rebel Encampment (Raiders Squad)
May 8, 2002 8:10:39 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
"We copy you Dominion. This is Raiders squad requesting permission to border. We are need of repairs. " Rizzit said in the comm. "Tranmit code clearance," the young communication officer said back. "Transmitting." Rizzit replied. He walked back to the rest of the squad. "Well boys, we're home. The Dominion is enroute." Everyone stopped what they were doing to soak in the news. The all showed signs of relief and hope. They had been on a long mission, but it was finally over, for now. Cloud stoped playing around with his computer and made his way to pack his gear. He was ready to go home. He reached his little corner of the ship and started packing his bag.

-----------------------
[NAVY] sk8guy

TRP/SRG Cloud/Raiders /2SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Death smiles at us all. All a man is do is smile back."
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
May 9, 2002 10:25:43 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC:What is going to happen to my ship now Cloud? I paid over 200K for it! "Dominion, this is Rizzit. Do you copy?" asked Rizzit. "Yes Rizzit. Go ahead." "I request that you give us a tow home, while you work on our ship. Is that possible?" "Yea Rizz. I guess. Where to?" "Tadath, in the SIAN System." "Not a problem. Inform your crew to stay out of the lower levels. Other than that, you may stay on your ship." "Copy that. Thanks." Rizzit put the comlink away, and returned to his squad. They were in their quarters packing their things. Rizzit was pleased to tell them that soon they would be home. "Okay everyone, we're going home. We need to get all our things off of the lower deck. We'll be returning to the lounge area. The Dominion is giving us a tow back home, while they fix the ship." "Rizz, aren't we boarding the ship?" asked Cloud. "No. Change in plans. They are giving us a lift back home, and at the same time: fixing our ship. Their technicians should be aboard shortly." "So, we gotta rush to pack?" "Yes. I will be awaiting your arrival in the lounge." said Rizzit. With that, he left his squad, and returned back to his quarters to pack his own things. On his way there, Rizzit thought to himself how proud he was of his Squad. He was lucky to have such a devoted squad working for him. They may cause trouble sometimes, but who dosen't. He was a very happy Squad Leader. Rizzit had walked the corridoors thinking until he had reached his quarters. He immediately began packing his things, so that they would be ready to go. When he was done, he went to meet the others in the lounge. When he arrived, he found that the rest of the squad was already there. "Well, looks like you all beat me here." said Rizzit. "Yea Rizz, we're just faster than you." joked `Strider. The door to the ship had suddenly opened. A bunch of technicians came through. "Which one of you is the one called Rizzit?"asked a technician. Rizzit waved his hand."I am."he said. "We are here to fix the motivator on your ship. Please stay out of the lower levels." "We will. I had all my men clear their  things out of the lower levels. I did as well." "Good. We are preparing to tow your ship back to Tadath." "Excellent! When will we leave?" "When we are at the generator." "Please get on it. We want to get home." "We will." Rizzit showed the technicians the way to the lower levels. They went down the air lift, while Rizzit remained with his squad. All that was left to do is wait. Rizzit's comlink activated. It was the Dominion. "Rizz. We are taking off now. You should all strap in." said a voice. "Okay thanks."Rizzit said as he switched off."Everyone, strap in. We're taking off." The squad did not argue, and immediately strapped themselves in. Meanwhile, at the Dominion's cockpit, they were preparing to take off. The co-pilot was setting the course for Tadath, while the pilot was making the calculations for the jump to lightspeed. When all was done, they took off, and beams of white light appeared. The ship then took off into hyperspace, and the light turned all blue. All that could be seen was blue light. They were on their way. The technicians were busy working hard on Rizzit's ship. The ship's old hyperdrive generator could not be saved. They were prepared for such an occasion though. They brought along another one, and began to replace it with the new one. Meanwhile, in the lounge: Rizzit took out a small toolkit, and began tinkering with something. `Strider began to wonder what Rizz was doing when he could be celebrating. "Hey Rizz, we just escaped a victorious mission, and we are going home. Why aren't you celebrating?" he asked. Rizzit looked up at `Strider."I am working on my portable simulator. Before I use it again, I want to make sure it works." replied Rizzit. "We already know it works." "I know. I want it to work perfectly." said Rizzit, as he went back to his tinkering. The rest of the squad went back to their celebrating. After about an hour, the squad began to get restless. Rizzit looked up from his tinkering, and had that expression on his face, as if he was glad to be finished with his completed work. "Finally! I'm done at last. It's all perfected." Rizzit said. "Hey Rizz, I don't suppose you have a Sabaac game with you?" asked Otto. "Actually, I do. We're going to have to use levitating chairs and a simulated table, but yes I do." replied Rizzit. "Huh?" "I wired a Sabaac game into the simulator. It's perfected now. This one, makes the images come to us. Not the other way around." "Even combat?" "No. We go to them, but that is also perfected. I had a minor adjustment to make to the exiting circuit. It's all fixed though. Now..."Rizzit pushed a few buttons on  his wristwatch simulator, and a sabaac table appeared before them with 8 places set."...Let's play some Sabaac!" The squad gathered around and began to play. Rizzit began to deal the first hand, when his com-link activated. It was the technicians. "Rizzit, we are done with your ship. It's good as new." one of them said. "Great! You can return to your ship. Thanks a lot!" "You're welcome sir." Rizzit was about to put down the com-link when it went off again. "Rizzit, this is the dominion. We are coming up on Tadath. You might want to get ready. If the technicians are ready, send them back. You can fly your ship back to your base." "Thanks Dominion. They just finished. I'm sending them back now. We owe you one!" "Okay Rizz, we will await them." The technicians arrived on the main floor and went through the door they came in, closing it behind them. Rizzit dug out his wristwatch and closed the game. "Looks like we better prepare to land. Shadow, can you fly the ship with `Strider? Tell my droid he's relieved of his duty." asked Rizzit. "Sure Rizz. It will be our pleasure." said the two. "Good. The rest of you...prepare to land." Without question, the RAIDERS got busy and made ready to get home. Rizzit's comlink got activated again. "Rizzit, we're turning loose your ship. Is your pilot ready?" "Ready and willing." "Good. Prepare for departure." The Dominion released Rizzit's ship, and returned home. The Raiders, began to head back to their base. Rizzit picked up his com-link. "C-ya Dominion, and thanks!" said Rizzit. "No problem Rizz, glad we could help!" Shadow and `Strider began their approach on the base. Shadow let out a sigh of relief. Seeing the base out of the cockpit window, brought a feeling of joy to him. Joy to know that they are finally home, and he could rest. The ship pulled perfectly into the hangar bay, and the ship came to a halt. Shadow and `Strider joined the others after they landed. They all got their things, and exited the ship. They all hurried off the ship, and went into the base. When they got into the lounge, Rizzit got their attention. "First of all, let me congratulate all of you, on a job well done. Secondly, I am getting rid of my droid, and finding a new one. Finally, You all did a great job and deserve some rest. Tommorrow, you are all free to sleep as late as you please. You all deserve it. Also, until further notice, Sabaac games will be held here daily. That is all." said Rizzit. With that, all the RAIDERS headed for their quarters, for a well-needed rest. Otto and Rizzit, went to their private quarters. "Hey Rizz." Otto asked. "How long do you think it will be until another problem arises?" "The way things are going Otto. I would say 4 days tops." "As I thought. Well, let's get some rest. We'll worry about the other things another time." "I agree Otto. I totally agree! -----------------------                           THE END   ----------------------- Sargeant Rizzit DarkHeart Dark Jedi Knight Raider's Squad Leader Army of the Vast Empire SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH] CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE "Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited May 9, 2002 1:21:13 PM)]
Cloud
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  80
May 9, 2002 7:19:13 PM    View the profile of Cloud 
Cloud went to his quarters to unpack his bags. He was tired and  needed rest, but he also wanted to celebrate. So he decided to grab his Sabaac deck and go to the lounge for a drink. He walked swiftly through the corridors and into the lounge. He went to the bar and ordered a corellian ale and found Shadow, Otto, and Strider at a table and joined them. HE sat down at their request and reached into his pocket to bring out the Sabaac deck. He placed on the table and all of the others stared at it, astonished and interested. "Up for a game?" he asked the other Raiders. Shadow looked around and nodded. Strider stared into space and didn't blink, which was unreadable to all the people in the room. Otoo got up and said, happily "I'll go get the rest of the squad. You guys put some tables to gether and get some drinks going. I'll be right back." Cloud watched as the XO of the squadron left the room to round up the rest of the party. Shadow got up and grabbed the closest table he could find and pushed it together to make the table they were currently sitting at larger. Strider waved down a serving droid and ordered a round of ale for the group, so that when they come all they had to do was deal. After a couple minutes of waiting Otto returned, followed by Rizzit, Dee, 3D. They quickly took their places and Cloud dealt out the deck. Everyone got into the mood and eased up, relieving the tension from the previous battle. -----------Hours Later----------- "Well, I'm done," Cloud said as he folded his deck and finished his ale. He was throughly drunk and broke as well. He staggered up and made his way to his quarters. "I as well," Shadow said, following his friend and squadmate out of the room. "Well, looks like I win again. Anyone else up to stay, or shall we call it quits?" Rizzit asked as he horded his winnings toward him. "Nah, I've lost enough, plus I could use the sleep." Dee said. He rose from the table and slowly walked out, actly like the hours worth of alcohol had no effect on him. But little to his knowledge, the effort was hiding nothing, the onlooker could easily tell him had too much to drink. "Well, " said Rizzit. "Looks like we rest now. We'll get together tomorrow Otto and see what we can fnd for our boys to do." He rose and accompanied his XO out of the room. He returned briefly, peeking his head around the corner and asking, "You staying here Strider? You really should get some sleep." But he didn't answer. Curious to the cause, Rizzit walked back to the table and nudged the young man. After a minute and a loud nasal sound ressonating from the man's nasal cavity, he came to the conclusion Strider was asleep. Rizzit just left him there, asleep in his own drool.

-----------------------
[NAVY] sk8guy

TRP/SRG Cloud/Raiders /2SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
"Death smiles at us all. All a man is do is smile back."
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
May 9, 2002 8:30:55 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: I am glad to see you active Cloud, but posting on a story with an ending is not the way to do it. You could start your own, put it in a .doc format, then send it to me BEFORE you submit it. It's up to you though. "Decide you must, how to serve us best. If you post now, help us you could, but you would destroy all for which we have fought and suffered."

-----------------------
Sargeant Rizzit DarkHeart
Dark Jedi Knight
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/TRP/GSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH]
CM/DJK Rizzit/Lion 1-3//VE
"Should I let him die slowly, or put him out of his misery?"--Rizzit
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Rebel Encampment (Raiders Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:40:39 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 209  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >