[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  54
Total Posts:  56
  RE: Blackjack Squad
May 17, 2008 1:31:53 PM    View the profile of Zolos 
Too bad I deleted these e-mails.
Private Zolos
TRP/PVT Zolos/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath
Hey, I want a Pascal-made app that cooks chinese!
BlackJack Squad
Alater
ComNet Member

Alater

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  517
Total Posts:  614
May 17, 2008 3:35:01 PM    View the profile of Alater 
To explain quite a few things.

First of all, do not question your leadership in such a flippant manner Garryll, it's shows poor character. Zolos is the third Fire Team Leader because that is where I put him. He's there for several factors, most importantly is his leadership abilities. Several things are going to happen here soon, because I'm leaving. I'm not supposed to say this all, but since I'm already saying I'm leaving for the summer, then you will be able to put two and two together anyway.

Zolos, though despite his strange time frame; is active. More than that, he's proactive. His posts are coherent, we've never had anything but good things from him. He's helpful, has a good attitude, all of which are things that neither of you two seem to have. I hate to be rude, but these are the truth and frankly your attitude is the cause of the tone of this post.

Also, let me explain something about the VE and its 'rank' system. I am a Sergeant, and before that I was a Corporal, yet when Doc left Eclipse I was the one they asked to be the Eclipse SL. Do you know why, despite my low rank, I was asked?

It was because instead of sitting around, upsetting people and not bettering myself, I did everything I could to be active. I was around 24/7, I helped, reported every time, and did all I could to be active and helpful. There were Gunny Sergeants, Sergeants, and much more experienced people in my squad, but I was offered the position. In this light I will list why I'm going to ask Tanus to have Zolos as his ASL.

Garryll: As your previous posts here have shown, you are prone to little spits. You have a bad attitude, probably due to previously being punished. The fact that we had to punish you in such a severe manner should itself humble you, but it seems to have not done that.

TX-47: You are on a much less negative note. Though you are around a lot, you are never on IRC, which is the major way in which the VE communicates. It's how we get to know each other, make plans, ect. and in the future would be wise to look into if you plan on moving up in the Corps. Your writing skills could also used a little work, but all in all we have high hopes for you, just you need a little time to sit and mature, like good wine.

Orobos: You're around, ish, post, ish, and are a good trooper, ish. These are not necessarily your fault, some people do actually have a life, unlike myself. This alone does not disqualify yourself, but it does move you lower on the list. To reinstate something that most people don't know; The ASL is not a power position, despite the fact that I have co-run this squad. The ASL position was made originally to help troopers with good potential learn and grow to become leaders. You've been around long enough to know this, and know what is expected.

Giovanni: Gio is a great guy, and has had a squad of his own, as well as being a PC's bitch if I recall. Erm, I mean PA. This, and the fact there are secret things going on in places like the CC, which doesn't exist btw, disqualifies you.

I, on behalf of both Tanus and myself, need to apologize for the lack of activity recently. Tanus seems to have been flighty himself and I've only got 2 weeks of school left. I've been preparing for exams, and working on a lot of other stuff that has come up. As you know, I'm in a military academy, so my time is not my own.

For the rest of you, a note: GET ON IRC. You will never get anywhere if you're not there, I'll be blunt. Secondly, if you're on IRC you can actually ask me questions, I'm on there at least 6 hours a day. Thirdly, the ComNet PM system works. Rather than sitting around and complaining, ask me a question. I'll probably get in trouble for this policy, but I don't like the general secrecy that has usually been kept between leadership and troopers. If somebody is going to be in a new spot, and I need to explain why like I had to today, I will break tradition and announce it early. I will be around a bit this summer, and you can damn sure bet I'll be back later. I like the whole lot of you, and I'm sorely going to miss you. All I can say is that I hope you carry on without me, get better without me, and when I come back I have a squad of great troopers to come back to. Maybe by then I'll be the trooper and one of you will be the SL. You never know. Please, if you have more questions, get on IRC or PM me.
ASL/SGT Alater Osted /2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC] [LoS] [AS-1Y]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

"Lord, let those that love us, love us, and let those that don't have twisted ankles so we might know them by their limping"- Old Irish Proverb
"Not all those who wonder are lost."
"Let your life not be defined by those around you, but by those whom you hold dear to your heart, for they are the ones that validate your existence."-Pvt. Gray

"That light at the end of the tunnel is not Death, it's me, and a train." -Alater
TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  621
May 17, 2008 3:58:41 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
IRC Curse.

I can never connect on the main server; on the few occasions I have been able to connect to the backup server, no-one is around!  I have each and every #channel to my lonesome self.

My tone today, BTW, is bitchy as i'm in pain and medicated lizard-brain!

I'll shut the F***up now before i hose too many more VE sensibilities.....
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Alater
ComNet Member

Alater

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  518
Total Posts:  614
May 17, 2008 4:40:02 PM    View the profile of Alater 
You're doing something wrong then, because I've never had a problem connecting to the server. The back up server is only used for just that, back up.
ASL/SGT Alater Osted /2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC] [LoS] [AS-1Y]

"Lord, let those that love us, love us, and let those that don't have twisted ankles so we might know them by their limping"- Old Irish Proverb
"Not all those who wonder are lost."
"Let your life not be defined by those around you, but by those whom you hold dear to your heart, for they are the ones that validate your existence."-Pvt. Gray

"That light at the end of the tunnel is not Death, it's me, and a train." -Alater
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  74
Total Posts:  121
May 18, 2008 12:19:32 AM    View the profile of LK-486 
PFC Medic LK-486 reporting in.
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

Medic Spec

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  304
Total Posts:  535
May 18, 2008 6:14:33 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
First of all welcome LK-486.

Just want to say sorry to Zolos if it seemed like I was having a go at you, It wasn't intended. I was probably just a little peeved being ordered around by TX and stuff and I'd like to say sorry to you TX.

Alater, respect the decision and sorry to hear you're going.
Give me a hundred Space Marines.
  Or Failing that give me a thousand other troops.

-Attributed to Rogal Dorn,
  Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image  Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  217
Total Posts:  2159
May 18, 2008 6:58:17 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
I apologize. I was just sort of confused, and then I lost it.

No disrespect, everyone.

I don't go on IRC simply because I don't have the time. School + homework = long time go bye-bye. Make most of my posts in the morning on the weekends, but have very busy days.

Welcome, LK-486.

Zolos, I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) the fireteam leader is to:

A) provide leadership qualities
B) Be first in command of his/her particular soldiers
C) Provide tactical leadership
D) Give orders to his/her team
E) follow orders given by his/her boss
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons

TRP/SGTGates/Trooper/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited May 18, 2008 7:19:49 AM)]
Aeos
ComNet Expert

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1865
Total Posts:  3141
May 18, 2008 10:16:54 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
Quote:And more importantly, why on Earth are we the only ones with fire teams at all?!

All squads used to have Fire Team Leaders. the position became a nuisance because people took it too serious.
Quote:Doc seems to be awol from his own project...
Check the Leave board, Doc might be back in a month if he manages to get back.

Guys, with Alater's future coming absence and Tanus' flightiness, I'd suggest now is the time to step up and not disappoint your superiors and really take a shine.
PA/PSG_Aeos/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath
SL/PSG_Aeos/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD]
DI/PSG Aeos/STC Academy/Hellgate/Tadath/VEA/VE
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]

TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  144
Total Posts:  621
May 18, 2008 2:03:46 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
First, I'd like to apologise for my outburst yesterday.  The pain of my headache-toothache combo was off the chart, but remains a poor excuse for ripping Alater a new one.

Second, I'd like to Welcome Daesha and LK-486 to the Squad.  Enjoy the party!

BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  76
May 18, 2008 6:35:00 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
Hehe, thanks for all the warm welcomes....I'll enjoy re-establishing my character here.

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

Medic Spec

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  255
Total Posts:  744
May 18, 2008 7:41:06 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Okay, I really can't give any excuses as to why I haven't been leading you lovable rapscallions, so I'm just going to say the truth: life has finally caught up with me. This week I will most likely not be around, save Thursday, as the rest of the time I'll be working and on friday I have my Prom.

I promise upon my rank that on Thursday a post will be made (and it will be big) and that things are going to change here. Gentlemen, make me proud.
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1058
Total Posts:  1305
May 18, 2008 8:07:36 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
I'm back from my leave.

Looks like i missed quite a bit.
Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 

TRP/SFC Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  80
May 21, 2008 8:26:02 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
Who should I send my weekly report to?

last.fm/user/ezrain

Medic Spec

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  257
May 21, 2008 9:29:34 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Alater and myself, via Comnet message or e-mail.
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1060
May 22, 2008 12:31:38 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Post kids.

But don't do anything that departs radically from the mission at hand.

We're just going from point A (the warehouse) to point B (outside where the General's troops have set up a perimeter.

Alater blew a hole in a wall through which we can bypass the catwalk and make a run for it.

now go!

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Sniping101
ComNet Sage

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Drunkard
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3368
Total Posts:  3940
May 22, 2008 8:24:42 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Hrm, ego petting.
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith PRIDE=- - Former Member - 3 years.
VE Smoker Association
Diligo, Laus, Sors quod Fortuna.
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
----------------------------------------------
SL/PSG Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDSx2][CoR][ES1][EW1][CoS]
Author/JRN Snipeth/Lotaith/VET/VE
----------------------------------------------
"Some people juggle geese."
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  258
May 22, 2008 3:07:31 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Well, boys up next is getting Urakai to a safe location. I want that post to be large and I want it to MAKE SENSE. After that, post about keeping the General's stronghold safe from the rioters for a while, and I'll finish this story up probably on Saturday or Sunday.

That's all boys. Keep up the good work. So far, I like what I'm seeing.

(Long post equals 2.5 pages on MS Word or more.)

BlackJackSquad

Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  220
May 22, 2008 5:52:41 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
If I have time tonight, I will do that, I promise you.

However, if I don't have enough time, I'll post again.

So long, comrades!

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience."
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  311
Total Posts:  535
June 1, 2008 6:32:05 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Well not a lot has been happening since, well for a good week. The beginning of the Summer Holidays for some and what not. So I'm just gonna step in before I take a short leave and try to encourage some of you to post a bit so we can finish this story. Take twenty minutes or so and you should be able to make a good longish post with that amount of time. Not to long. Anyway I'm off and will talk to you all in a week.
Give me a hundred Space Marines.
  Or Failing that give me a thousand other troops.

-Attributed to Rogal Dorn,
  Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image  Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  223
June 1, 2008 12:50:53 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Sorry for my lack of activity, had exams and stuff last few weeks. Once summer vacation starts, I'll have more time until I go on vacation.

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1067
June 1, 2008 3:06:31 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Im at the meeting and i see none of you here.

For shame!

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  91
June 1, 2008 3:08:18 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
Whatever! I'm right there, listening to you not need medics.

last.fm/user/ezrain

Medic Spec

Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  224
June 1, 2008 3:54:48 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Meeting...?

Huh?

LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  92
June 1, 2008 3:55:43 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
Our weekly sunday get-together on IRC.

last.fm/user/ezrain

Medic Spec

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1068
June 1, 2008 4:25:48 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Bahaha, forgot you're a recent add-on.

My mistake.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1070
June 1, 2008 4:45:58 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Could i get a roll call?

I wanna know who's still around and ready to post.
I know the squad story has dragged on for too long
and a lot of you either don't want to keep posting on it
or don't know where to even start....

So i was thinking i'd start a personal story on the side just to keep you guys from losing faith and the VE and getting really bored and wandering away (trust me, its happened to me before).

So in summary:

Tell me if you're still around and whether you'd like to start an unofficial squad story.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  260
June 1, 2008 5:13:46 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
I'm around.

Sorry for this guys. I've just been swamped with school and work, and this week isn't looking mush better either. I'll try my best to finish up the story this week, and I mean that wholeheartedly.

As for how I want this done, I need someone to get us to help defend Halcor's outpost; make it a decently long post. From there, I will move the squad, the delegates and Urakai to the shuttle for evac. In fact, in the defense post, have one of us call in the shuttle for evac.

That is all.

BlackJackSquad

LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  94
June 1, 2008 6:41:47 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
I'll do it Gio.

last.fm/user/ezrain

Medic Spec

Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  225
June 2, 2008 3:46:39 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
*Yay* claps Tanus and LK on the back. My heroes!

Gio, I've more time now that school's winding down. Best time to stary would be next sunday- all school's over, and I have a friend's graduation party on Saturday.

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1071
June 2, 2008 9:28:37 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Okey doke. Seems like you two guys are it, but if you both post regularly it shouldn't be a problem.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper SquadNet > Blackjack Squad  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:45:29 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 73  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >