Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  444
Total Posts:  553
  RE: Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue
January 20, 2008 12:26:43 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
As the meeting had concluded, Tomas watched the others filter out of the room some in much better moods than others. The squadron commander chuckled at the wide ranges of emotions scattered amongst his pilots. Ibram was clearly embarrassed, confused by his latest order, while Aleia shared the same expressions it was hard to tell if her red face was the result of the embarrassment or the anger that had caused her to send such a menacing glare his way. Meanwhile, Sicario was clearly happy about something, though Tomas had no idea what, whatever it was his wingmate seemed anxious to tease him about it.

Tomas continued to observe his pilots until he found himself on the receiving end of an elbow to the side. Although unnecessary, he turned his head to identify the assaillent as none other than Mira O'Riley.

"Wonderful speech you gave there, darlin'," Mira said smiling, with a mock clap, "glad you picked up on what I was hinting at." Tomas was confused, he couldn't remember picking up on anything and really had no idea what she was talking about.

"I'm afraid you've lost me..."

"You CAN'T be serious? Remember? I was hinting to you the chemistry that was practically exploding between Aleia and Ibram? Sheesh, are we going to have one of those talks about you being a better listener?"

"Ohh, that!" Tomas lied. He was sure what she was saying was true, and chalked it all up to something his subconcious had done. Either way, he figured he was better off just going along with it.

"There's something strange going on up there," Mira replied, tapping Tomas in the forehead several times, "and I don't like it. I hope you aren't still upset about before..."

"No, I'm not." Tomas stated matter of factly. "What I am is tense, let's grab a drink."

With that, the two walked off in the direction of the bar through now empty hallways. As they sat down at a table in the corner, and ordered their first drinks Mira started getting frisky running a hand up Tomas' arm and through his hair.

"Mira, stop." Tomas said, pushing her away.

"You ARE still mad! Sheesh."

"No. I'm not. Don't you think you're being kind of public with this? I thought we were trying to stay lowkey..."

"Pfft, practically no-one can see us. We're in the darkest corner of the bar and that table over there is the only one with any sort of a view. And it's empty."

"Still..." Tomas broke off as he noticed Ibram and Aleia enter the bar together. They seemed, awkward ... though even that felt like an understatement. Mira's face, meanwhile had brightened up and regained the kind of mischievious look that Tomas had seen many times before. "Mira, no."

"But..."

"No." The two pilots had been uncomfortable enough in the briefing, Tomas didn't want anyone furthering their embarrassment much less it be Mira. Predictably, Tomas was now faced with a pouting companion and as she looked up at him he was met with the biggest puppy dog eyes he had ever seen. Nevertheless, he was standing by his decision. Sure, he was forced to look away and wave down a waitress for another drink but he managed to stand by his choice.

As they sat there, Mira would tease him every once and a while either verbally or rubbing up next to him with an arm or a leg. Tomas meanwhile, watched the other two Viper pilots by way of intermittent glances and was pleased to see that they were having a much better time than before.

"Would you look at that? My plan seems to have gotten Aleia to break out of her shell."

"You mean MY plan." Mira replied rather seriously.

"Right, right...your plan, heh." Tomas conceeded, finally reciprocating Mira's affection.

Several minutes, later Aleia and Ibram got up and left causing Tomas to glance at the time.

"You know, I should be heading off to my quarters for some sleep..." Tomas stated, "big mission tomorrow and all."

"Awwww," Mira sighed, pouting once again.

"I didn't say alone..."

OOC:
Seems Nazgul is raring for the mission to start, let's wrap up this CD and make our way to the hangar/transport.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC] [NER] [EoT]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  389
Total Posts:  619
January 20, 2008 2:43:43 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
After a few minutes, all the weapons were installed. He then changed the Language Settings in his Programming to use Mando’a and Broken Basic. He decided to best fit his “alias” during the mission, that he would change his personality just a bit. Instead of the Cold-Hearted Militaristic Droid, that was his primary persona, he would be a Cold-Hearted Freelancing Mercenary. He picked his name, Crow, it was a name of a droid from an old Holo-Net comedy series. He was now Fully Armed, Programmed, and Ready for the mission. C-3PX2 picked up a data chip with his credentials on it, just to be safe.

C-3PX2 walked towards the hangar, but before he could get in he would have to go through a security checkpoint. Due to the secrecy of this mission, security was posted to keep wandering eyes out of the hangar.

“Identify Yourself.” The Lead Security Officer Said.

“Warrant Officer Second Class C-3PX2, Viper Squadron.” C-3PX2 responded sharply.

“Present your credentials, we require verification on your identity.”

C-3PX2 handed the officer a data chip, which the officer loaded into a data pad. The data pad showed verification information about C-3PX2’s Identify. The officer handed the Chip back to C-3PX2.

“Alright, go head in; you’re clear.” The officer said as he unlocked the door.

C-3PX2 entered the hangar bay, and the officer closed the door behind him. He walked over to the Nearest Computer Terminal to check for any mission updates, and await the arrival of the rest of the squadron.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
===================================================================================
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
===================================================================================
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  80
Total Posts:  119
January 20, 2008 4:01:40 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
“Ouch.” He said.

Aleia was laying over him at an angle, panting heavily.

“Better.” She said as she rolled over to lie next to him. He was learning and herself was  enjoying his companionship.

She noticed the Pastry on the ceiling. “How did that get there?”
“No idea.”

Ibram and Aleia lay there for a few minutes, neither speaking, yet neither feeling that they had too. They were completely at ease with each other.

“I had fun.” She said eventually.

“So did I,” said Ibram, smiling at her.

“You need to work on your techniques though.” She teased.

“You need to work on your people skills.” He retorted. She slapped him. Another few minutes silence.

“I’m going to go get some sleep before the mission.” Aleia said, standing up. She was about to leave, but then she paused and looked at Ibram. “Thank you.”

With a last smile the young pilot left the hanger and towards her room.  A lighter spring in her step  she hadn't felt this good in a long time as she quickly showered and went to bed.

"Mabey it won't be all that bad.. pretending to be more then friends.." She whispred to herself before sleep overcame her...

NEXT MORNING

The alarm buzzed for a few moments. A high pitched annoying buzz that soon was silenced as the thing found itself thrown across the room with a  loud thud. Aleia groaned as she threw back th sheets and blinked the sleep away from her eyes.

"God..too.. early..."

She yawned in between her words and streached before getting out of bed. Her things already ready as she quickly dressed. Thoughts bent on the night prior and to Ibram. Her face flushed red as she tied her hair back and  left her room.

Oh God.. what's wrong with me?

Aleia rubbed a habnd over her face and hurried her footsteps to the galley where she grabed a pastry and hot cup of somethign to wake her up even more. Still she was bent on  the mission and as she entered the hanger her green eyes scanned for the pilots she knew. Already there was Ibram and she couldn't help but smile as she walked up and looked over her craft. Trying to not draw any real attention to herself before she walked over towards Ibram.

"Uh.. hi..Sleep well?"

She asked him. Trying not to feel to stupid in how she sounded.

OOC:
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  114
Total Posts:  1563
January 20, 2008 5:07:29 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
0500 T-Minus 1 hour until lift off

Ibram woke with a start, momentarily confused.

He had been having the most wonderful, and odd dream. He was back on Yaga Minor with Marisa, spending a weekend in one of the planets top holiday resorts. Except that it wasn’t Marisa…it was Aleia. Her firm supple body looking very nice in that nice tight Bikini….

And then he woke up.

Why do I always wake up before the sexy part? He thought, and immediately regretted it. Aleia wasn’t some girl he was trying to pick up…she was a valued and respected colleague…even if she was very good looking.

This assignment is going to be something else.

Taking a quick shower, Ibram gathered all his stuff together for the mission; his DC-17 blaster pistol strapped to his waist. His stitch-zhu bayonet was strapped to his forearm.

The skipper had told them to for-go the usual imperial black flight suits. Instead, they were a given a mixture of brown or weathered grey jump-suits, and augmented helmets. It wasn’t ideal, but if this pirate gig was going to work, it would have to do.

He hadn’t had a chance to check out the old freighter they were using for insertion. They had been assured it would get them there, and many of the controls had been slaved to a central computer, so the pilots didn’t have to do too much.

The freighter was mainly so they could ferry the Admiral’s TIE Defender to the planet.

He looked at himself in the mirror.

Not the greatest pirate I’ve ever seen, but it’ll do.

He walked out of his room, and headed for the hanger bay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0530 T-minus 30 minutes till lift off.

Ibram was making some preparations to his fighter when Aleia came over.

“Uh..Hi…Sleep well?” She said.

He blushed. If only you knew.

“Yeh, it was ok….considering the beating I took.” He said teasingly.

Aleia blushed. “Sorry.”

“No its ok. It was a good work out. I think we’re going to work well together.”

“Me too.” She said, smiling.

Ibram paused. Then started to ask something.

“Say, when this Is over, do you fancy-“
“All pilots, please report to your fighters for a final briefing, and transference to the freighter. You have 5 minutes.” The SC’s voice blared out over both Ibram’s and Aleia’s coms.

Blast it.

“Nevermind, ill catch you later.” Ibram said.

“See ya” she said, and walked back to her own fighter.

She really does have a nice rear.

Ibram scrambled up to his own fighter, expelling that unneeded thought from his mind.
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Petty Officer 1st Class Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron "Captain's Own"
Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
FL/PO1 Tyrol/Viper 9/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SAE*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  81
January 20, 2008 10:28:48 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
“Yeh, it was ok….considering the beating I took.” He said teasingly.

Aleia blushed. “Sorry.”

“No its ok. It was a good work out. I think we’re going to work well together.”

“Me too.” She said, smiling.

Ibram paused. Then started to ask something.

“Say, when this Is over, do you fancy-“
“All pilots, please report to your fighters for a final briefing, and transference to the freighter. You have 5 minutes.” The SC’s voice blared out over both Ibram’s and Aleia’s coms.

“Nevermind, ill catch you later.” Ibram said.

“See ya” she said, and walked back to her own fighter.

What was that all about?

Aleia thought strangly. The way he was looking at her  felt strange but she brushed it asside as she ran her hands over her fighter. The clothing they had to wear wasn't uncomfertable, but it wasn't exactly the best.  Parts of it were scratchy and ALeia longed to scratch in a few places but resisted. Not that she was embarressed, but she couldn't explain why.

"Man.. I hope  we get to go soon..." She muttered, scanning her eyes over to where Ibram was and then back as her face grew red.

"You'll be with him soon enough.."

Came another females voice. Aleia spun and about fell over as she watched as Mira was walking over towards her.  A sly cat with cream look on her face as she crossed her arms.

"Ah..uh..shouldn't you be.." Feeling her face grow even hotter. It only seemed to add to Mira's smile as she tried to divert the conversation. "I. we.. I mean.." Mira laughed at Aleia's sudden  uneasiness.

"So how was that sparing session?" She asked innocently.

"What!  No way.. how.." She muttered, wanting to slink away.

"I can tell you gave Ibram a good beating.. He needed it.." She  winked and was rewarded when Aleia dropped her jaw and couldn't find the words to say anything."It's been a while sense I've seen Ibram act like he has." Mira laughed again and then continued to walk off towards her own area, leaving Aleia with an even deeper blush of red.
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  85
January 21, 2008 10:00:48 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
Mira looked moodily at Ibram and Aleia, they looked like they were really hitting it off, for a moment she felt a little jealous of two people being able to partake in PDA. She tried again to rub her hand on Tomas' leg only to get a lecture about how she wasn't suppose to in public. She pouted even more, feeling left out of the whole, 'couples,' experience. She still wasn't sure why Tomas had a colder More distant look in his eye, maybe it had to do with her beating him at melee training that's when it started. She let out a sigh, watching Aleia and Ibram there wasn't really much else to do. Then Tomas suddenly warmed a little, and gave her a few tender kisses to her neck, and for once Mira was the one batting him away. He looked at her puzzled and Mira looked away, still distracted by her thoughts.

"You know, I should be heading off to my quarters for some sleep..." Tomas stated, "big mission tomorrow and all."

"Awww," Mira said forcing herself to smile.

"I didn't say alone..." he added giving her a casual grin which Mira didn't return.

"Sounds...nice," Mira said getting up from her chair and grabbing her jacket, "lets go."

Tomas didn't seem to notice Mira's more reserved mood and cheerfully chattered about joining the hover ball team that try outs were floating around base. Mira nodded and said uh-huh at appropriate times still a little distracted, guiltily wondering when her and Tomas could have a relationship out in the open.

"Which remind me, there was some other information for the mission that I didn't want to announce in front of the squad, its from head command but I approved it," Tomas spoke casually leaning into Mira' ear a whispering something.

"WHAT?" Mira practically screamed pushing Tomas to the ground in a playground way, her cheeks turned bright red, "How could you approve something like that, why couldn't it have been you, what the fuck TOMAS!" Mira yelled her hands curled into fists before storming off.
[This message has been edited by Mira (edited January 21, 2008 10:01:36 AM)]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  447
January 21, 2008 11:01:35 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas wasn't really sure what to do as he collected himself off the ground. After all, it wasn't his idea that had caused Mira to storm off down the hallway. Despite how she had made him feel on a few hours ago Tomas couldn't stand to see Mira so upset. To be honest he wasn't sure which was worse: the boiling rage she was currently in and would likely calm down from or the solemn, dejected mood of hers that he had experienced all too often on their recruitment mission. Nevertheless, he had gotten her out of that funk and damned if he'd let her stay mad.

Moving quickly, Tomas cut down a side hallway. Back in training, and on early on in his Naval career he had been keen on staying in shape and on many occasions found himself taking jogs through the hallways of the Atrus. The floor plans weren't really that different on these levels, and he was willing to bet if he hurried he would be able to cut her off a little further down the ship. Tomas hustled someways down, before he was convinced he had got in front of Mira provided she hadn't veered off in another direction, but he couldn't really see her going anywhere else but back to the quarters.

"Mira..." Tomas said as he rounded the corner, spotted her and approached the furious pilot. "Mira?" Tomas placed a hand on her left shoulder, a move he instantly regretted as her other hand, still balled in a fist made contact with his cheek with a vicious right hook once again sending Tomas tumbling to the hallway floor. Tomas groaned as he rolled over onto his back. With Mira still standing there, he really wasn't sure if he wanted to get up. There was no way she'd kick him while he was down.

"Oh my gods!" Mira cried, covering her mouth in shock though Tomas was certain that was an act. She did however help him to his feet, despite his flinch when she reached down for his hand. "Hmph, I don't what it is about striking my CO, but I feel alot better now," Mira continued giggling. Tomas merely rubbed his cheek hoping there wouldn't be too noticeable a bruise come take off tomorrow morning. Her anger seemed to have been quelled, thanks in large part to Tomas' cheek but she seemed to be downcast. There was something more than just the High Command's idea that had riled up, but Tomas couldn't for the life of him think what it could be. As a result, he stood somewhat awkwardly in front of the one person he felt like he had known his entire life.
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG] [BWC] [NER] [EoT]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  42
January 21, 2008 11:22:22 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"Feel better then, I feel fully tenderized if that makes you feel better," Tomas replied rubbing his cheek as they stood facing one another.  Tears suddenly filled Mira's eyes and she threw herself into Tomas' chest.  Tomas looked extremely confused before patting Mira's back and looking around hoping to find something that would distract Mira from her girlish outburst.  "Its okay Mira you don't punch that hard," Tomas gently spoke, "do you want to talk about it?"

"NoooOoooo," Mira sobbed pulling away from Tomas again and running off...again.  She headed to the one spot she felt at home, curled up in the tiny cockpit of her TIE Fighter.  Still sniffing she picked at one of the Hello Wookiee stickers she had put on her controls.  She doubted that she could explain the welled up emotions she was feeling, being with someone but having to be so cautious.  Not only that craving the usual physical affections that most couple had with one another.

"Any chance you want to explain why Mira ran by in tears just now?"  Master Jericho asked as Tomas rushed past him on his way to find Mira.

"What?" Tomas asked breathlessly.

"Lover's quarrell?" Master Jericho then asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, no Imean no, aw fuck," Tomas said shaking his head, "Listen, she's."

"Your girlfriend, or by the looks of it maybe more.  I figured it out when I saw you two training.  Mira never takes it easy with anyone else in melee training not even the newer members," Master Jericho said, "She headed to the hangar."

"Thanks," Tomas spoke looking a little surprised as Master Jericho walked off.

"Be careful CWO, she's a sweet girl I might have to take her off your hands if becomes unhappy," Master Jericho chuckled before rounding a corner.

"Mira, are you in here?" Tomas asked looking down into the cockpit of her TIE Fighter to see her water eyes looking up at him.

"Yeah."

"Wanna talk?"

"Yeah."
C-3PX2
ComNet Member

C-3PX2

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  391
Total Posts:  619
January 21, 2008 3:05:32 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
C-3Px2 stepped away from the computer terminal. He was ready for the mission. He installed all his weapons, modified his persona to fit the Identity, and now all that remained was the launch into space. He looked around the hangar bay; the other squadron members were beginning to arrive. He walked over to his TIE fighter, and began to inspect it. He noticed a few scratches to the paint-job, but besides that, the outside looked to be in order. He began the process of getting inside his fighter. Once inside he began to power the internal systems.

The lights began to come on, and viewports were illuminated.

“Well, at least this time it did not kill me.” C-3PX2 said aloud, though no one heard him.

He began to send power to the systems of the ship and began the pre-flight systems checks.

He flipped five switches, one after another, sending power to the systems. He then began to send power to communications and the other systems. They all powered up with ease, there would be nothing stopping him from getting in this mission from the start. No Delays, no stalls, nothing.
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can fight. If you show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
  -= Viper Squadron =- : "The Captain's Own" | "We Fly, You Die."
|| XO & FL / WO2 C-3PX2  / Viper 5 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / 1Fl / VEN / VE / (=A=), (=SA=), (=TE=), [MC2], [MC1], [BoH], [BWC], [IG], [NER] ||
|| Vast Empire Imperial Naval Academy Operation Level 1 (O-1) |=|=| Author / JRN C-3PX2 /Lotaith / VET / VE ||
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  128
January 21, 2008 3:55:37 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
As the meeting went on, Lukas looked through his datapad and entered all of the info of the mission accordingly. After his little question was answered by Tomas, it was best to, once again, keep his mouth shut and pay attention. The meeting went on without a hitch as the details of the upcoming mission was explained without a stutter. It was good to learn all of this because if there was one slip-up in any way, all hope would be lost.

The meeting began to break up as everyone decided to go off on their own seperate ways and do things before the mission's beginning. Lukas took advantage of this and went to his quarters because he needed to take care of something that needed attention. He took his time getting over there as he thought about everything that has happened to him so far. Making some new friends and being a part of this mission was a thrill, and so was the learning of keeping his emotions in check, especially in a mission like this.

The door slid open and Lukas stepped into his quarters, knowing exactly where to go as the door closed behind him. He knelt down to his knees near his bed and reached under it, pulling out a wooden case with a 'X' that was branded on the top of it. He pressed a series of buttons that proved to be the combination of the case, unlocking the lock as the last button was pressed. With a smile on his face, he opened the case to reveal two silver-colored pistols with an accompanied belt-holster.

The pistols were his father's, and there were going with him to this mission. He pulled the belt out and wrapped it around his waist, locking it in place as it felt snug around him. He picked up the pistols and checked to see if the pistols were fully-charged. They were indeed, and with that, he slid them into the twin holsters, one on each side of his hip.

Now, the Fulfiller was ready for anything.
Senior Crewman Lukas LeNighter

[FM][SCR Fulfiller][Viper Squadron][Viper 6][mSSD Atrus][VEN][VE][=A=]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  449
January 21, 2008 4:15:09 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
As Mira looked up at him, Tomas got a horrible feeling in his gut. The teary eyes peering back at him could not have made him feel any worse than he did right now.

"Wanna talk?" Tomas managed to say, regaining his voice after a couple moments.

"Yeah," came Mira's reply. Just from the sound of her voice Tomas could tell she had been balling her eyes out, the tears streaming down her face were just a second kick in his gut. There was no way he could fit comfortably inside her cockpit with her, so instead Tomas found himself reaching a hand in and helping the female pilot up and out through the hatch. The physical contact as Tomas lifted Mira down to the walkway caused a new stream of tears to flow down her cheeks.

"Awwww, don't cry hun," Tomas cooed as he used his jumpsuit's sleeve to dry her face. Much of the next several minutes were spent calming Mira down as Tomas guided her back to his room to talk in private. It took a little longer, as Tomas made sure to go down little-used hallways to prevent them from running into anyone else from the squadron. Simply put, he didn't think he could take being the reason for the other pilots razzing Mira for crying over the next week or more.

As they stepped inside his room, and the door closed behind them Mira's light sobbing turned to sniffles.

"Aw, Frak." She muttered, having seeming to finally recover.

"Excuse me?" Tomas said, trying not to chuckle as the other side of Mira came back in control.

"Well..." Mira started with another sniffle, "I went from beating you up and down the ship to here, sitting on your bed sobbing like a blithering idiot. It's sooooo embarrassing."

"Hun, I am CERTAIN I am the cause of this messy state your in. But I just can't quite figure out why. Please, talk to me will you?"
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  362
January 21, 2008 9:28:22 PM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
::The Afternoon and Evening Before Mission Day::

After Anden and Sicario had arrived at the hangar and intervened to prevent the over-eager tech from putting Anden’s Fighter into regression, he had let Sicario alone to get more acquainted with Kayla. He had to admit, Phineus sure knew how to pick them. He focused on his fighter and soon he had become so engrossed in his work that he had five panels open really getting into the guts of the ship.

To compliment the longer range sensors he had increased the ships ability to re-build it shields, even with minimal power being directed to it. He would have planned on purchasing a more powerful shield generator, but all of his funds were going to be directed to his next purchase. He didn’t know how he was going to tell the rest of the squadron about his decision, and he especially didn’t know how the Navy would react to it either.

Ever since he had read the reports and capabilities of the E-wing he couldn’t get the ship out of his head. It was the reason he had originally purchased R7, although that was not the only reason he was glad to have bought the Astromech droid. The little guys systems and capabilities seemed near endless when he compared them to any of the droids he had worked with back on Lotaith.

His thoughts strayed back to the work at hand, and away from the E-wing, as he came up to a crucial point to linking the systems wiring back together. He breathing was calm and even in the cramped and very warm space. Time was of the essence, so he didn’t rush himself. Too many times had he seen a mechanic or tech working on something and not taking into account that they didn’t need to be in such a hurry, and those were the guys that usually ended up taking a few days off of work, and not always with compensation. And that was definitely something that Anden couldn’t risk.

A few more minutes of steady hands and the he was ready to start placing all of the access panels back into place and securing them. As he locked the securing nuts in place he thought as to what exactly he would be taking with him on the mission. He had a military flight suit that was lightly protected- just in case they actually did have to exchange fire before they got back to their fighters in the freighter.

All he had were a couple of blaster pistols, one that had had purchased and one that he had been given when he joined the Navy. However, the one he was given was Military class and the other probably didn’t have the  when he was completely honest with himself, he knew he wasn’t that great of a shot- yet. And his experience with blaster pistols wasn’t that extensive. What he really needed was a blaster pistol that had a large ammunition supply and that was relatively easy to maintain. He would need to make a stop by the ICS.

He looked at his finished handiwork and smiled. Looking at the inside of the Fighter cockpit you couldn’t tell in the least what extra capabilities it had than any other Tie. Satisfied with his work he lifted himself out of the top hatch and began checking the outside of his Fighter. There were a lot of things we would love to do with his ship, but was sure that he wouldn’t ever be allowed to do. For now, the improvisations he had done will need to do.

After he had checked the connections between the pylons connecting the wing panels he accessed that his fighter would be ready to be loaded into the bulk freighter tomorrow morning. Walking along the access walkway with R7 rolling after him he got to the ladder and slid down it with R7 following behind him shortly after in the astromech droid access tube. Turning away from the ladder he nearly ran into Farroll, the tech he had had a run in with before.

“Everything in order with you TIE?” Farroll asked in a surprisingly light tone.

I guess that little talk about keeping him safe sunk in deeper than I thought.

Anden nodded, “In tip top shape.” He said with a grin and gave him a small salute.

Farroll returned the nod and as he walked off R7’s head rotated and watched the tech move on to inspect the next Tie Fighter and gave a Dwooo- Bur-Burp. That brought a smile to Anden’s face and he patted his droids head. “The right words have a stronger and more lasting impression than a good shock to the rear, R7.” He said before making for the Hangar exit.

He stopped by the Imperial Center store and one of the Weapons Officers addressed him after scanning his ID card, “So, what is it that you are looking for Senior Crewman?” she asked.

“I need a pistol that is easy to take care of and won’t cost me if my finger gets a little trigger happy.” He said with half a grin.

The officer smiled, “Not much of marksman, are you Pilot.” She asked leaning forward a little.

“Who me?...No, no I just wanted to make sure tha…” He began to say then caught the look of the officer with her eyebrow raised. He raised his hands as if in surrender, “You got me...I’m sorry your name is?”

The officer smiled and stood up straight, “Keera Riley,” She said as she turned to head back to the storage of blaster pistols, “..and I think I have just what you need.”

She returned with a blaster pistol that she removed a cartridge from and handed it to him. “This is a DC-15 blaster pistol. Is an older version of a pistol….but it is dependable and will give you plenty of chances to hit your target.”

The larger pistol and felt strangely comfortable in his hand, it felt much like one of the tools he slung around on a day to day basis. He spun the pistol around his finger forwards then backwards, faster and faster. Turning it sideways and then quickly forward holding it by the muzzle, handing the grip of the pistol back to Keera.

She gave him a surprised look and slowly took the pistol back. “I take that as a fit for you.” She said with a sly smile, “Where did that come from?”

Anden shrugged, “It just felt right. I used to do a lot more mechanic work than piloting.” Pointing to the pistol, “It feels a lot like one of the tools I used all the time working on ships. Hopefully that will help with my aim. I am going to need all the help I can get.” He said with a smile.

This mission was going to be different than most of the ones he knew he would be going on as a member of Viper Squadron. He only hoped that the XO they were going in to rescue was alright. He had no idea of what exactly they had captured him for, he wasn’t privileged to that level of information. He was sure that as one of the commanding officers that there was a lot that they could learn about the Vast Empire if the XO gave in to any interrogation. Maybe they hadn’t harmed him at all and had counted on using him as a ransom. Whatever the case, he would do all he could with Viper to make sure their plans didn’t work.

Coming out of his thoughts he noticed she was watching him and he passed his credit chip card to her, “I’ll take two.” He said with a smile and then added a holster and belt that could have an additional holster so he could carry both, or just one for later missions.

Along with the holsters he added extra cartridges of tribanna gas-He didn’t think he would even use a full charge of the gas, but he would rather be safe than sorry- and also some extra medipacs.

“What, you don’t want a reason to come back and see me again?” She asked as she scanned his card, smiling as she handed it back to him. She also leaned forward resting her arms on the counter. As Anden’s father had always taught him, he kept his mind and eyes elevated and looked her in the eyes holding her gaze for a moment.

Her expression change from being playful and flirtatious, to sincerely interested. After he saw the change, he took the equipment he had just purchased and smiled. He didn’t say anything. It wasn’t in him to lead others on. Sure she was beautiful, but he just thought it wouldn’t be right to lead her on, and he got the impression that she was definitely trying to lead him somewhere.

Finally he did say something, “Oh, I will be coming back. How could I not?, you give such good advice.” He said with a wink.

She gave a nod, “See you when you come again then.” Her tone was much less playful this time and actually sounded like she wanted to see him again. He turned and headed back to his quarters, thinking along the way that maybe it wouldn’t hurt to stop by the ICS a little sooner than he had needed.

Once he got to his room he started put all of the gear he would be taking with him on the mission. Once it was all together he set the alarm to wake him with more than ample time to get everything loaded before they moved his TIE fighter into the freighter. He did his routine work out of 100-100-40. Push-ups, sit-ups and then pull-ups. It was something he had built up to starting 3 months before his entry into the Navy. He had never been on the pudgy side and he planned to stay that way. The cockpit of a Tie fighter was small enough as it was. He didn’t need it to get any smaller.

That night Anden had images of what he pictured the upcoming mission being like, the scream and awe striking view of a Tie Defender as it passed by his view port, and of moments of him in full dress uniform with the arm of a beautiful weapons officer named Keera, who was dressed in an elegant dress, wrapped tightly about his arm as he was gathered with the rest of a smart looking Viper Squadron.

:::Morning of the Mission- 0445 hours:::

Anden awoke as he usually did two minutes before his alarm went off. He didn’t know why his body did that only that that was how he always woke up. He lay in bed stretching his muscles a bit with thoughts of the dream flowing back to mind. It was another one of those things he couldn't explain- but the feeling he had had back while engaging the enemy hunter poured over and through. The feeling was poignant... and he wished that the reason for it was just as obvious. But it wasn't

Before the alarm had completed the first tone he reached over and shut it off, getting up from bed and splashing some water on his face then doing a few morning workout stretches.

Dressing in his military suit and strapping on the dual holsters he felt much different than when he had dressed up for flight in training and on the first mission. He glanced at the holo display that was showing a hologram of him and his parents. It was on the day that he began working officially with his dad at the service hangar. A smile spread on his face as he remembered another day when his emotions had run on an ultimate high. The day he had first flown his personally built single ion engine starfighter. He had promised his Mom that day that he would do great things, and it was a promise he would keep. And he truly felt that what would happen if he kept with the VEN.

“I’m keeping my promise Mom.” He said out loud. Picking up a few of the spare gas charges he slipped them into their utility spots on he belt. He looked down at the pistols and picked them up, spinning them twice in his hands and then slipped them into the holsters. It was just like the old days of slinging the cutting and welding tools he used at the hangar. The holsters felt a little different than his old tool belt he still used, but the feel of the guns- even their weight- was nearly dead on. He smiled, “perhaps this won’t be too bad.” he thought.

Grabbing the matching helmet that had come with the Military flight suit, he made for the hangar. The hangar was already busy with life, even though there weren’t too many pilots from Viper there. He hoped they would get here on time to do some checks on their TIE’s before they were loaded. Last pre-loading check ups went a lot faster than normal as he had already done most of his checks the night before.

One of the crewman assigned to loading the TIE’s approached him, “Is everything checked out on your ship?” he asked hold out a datapad for him to scan his ID card.

“Good to go on this one.” Anden said with a smile. He was glad to see that all of the rest of the Squadron had arrived.

He spotted Ibram and Aleia talking very briefly, then an announcement came over the speaker coms, “All pilots, please report to your fighters for a final briefing, and transference to the freighter. You have 5 minutes.”

It seemed that things between the two had definitely improved a little. They still had a little bit hesitancy when they were talking together and Anden hoped that they would be able to pull off being a “couple” while they where incognito. It was while he was thinking about this that he heard the guidance tones of the first ship being loaded.

It was the Tie Defender.

He couldn’t help but stare up at it as it was directed towards and loaded into the massive freighter. The mere form of the ship was enough to make any pilot stand in awe, and even more so when they knew of the fire power and speed and agility that the advanced starfighter was capable of delivering.

“I didn’t know exactly what you were looking at,…I would have thought you were looking at a gorgeous girl in a bikini.” A voice said to his left. He turned to see Phineus chuckling lightly at him, “We’ve got to find you a girl mate.” He said, now laughing as he came over and clapped a few times on the back.

Anden replied back to his jovial wingmate, “That or I could just steal yours.” He said with a straight face and even tone. The look on Phin’s face made him laugh so hard inwardly that he couldn’t keep it in. As he burst out laughing, Phineus’ relief washed out across his face now that he knew Anden was only having a go at him.

“Come on mate, let’s get to that briefing.” Anden said as he locked his arm around Phineus’ neck momentarily and mussed up his hair a bit, “You can tell me how things went with your loverly lady last night once we get on the Freighter.” Adding a bit of an accent on the loverly part- just to add another jab at Phin.

They reached the rest of the Squadron moments before Tomas spoke up, “Alright, Listen up!...”

OOC:
2,630 words
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
We Fly, You Die
Senior Crewman Anden Beliam
Flight Member of Viper Squadron
FM/SCRW Beliam/Viper 4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Fleet/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)

[This message has been edited by Anden Beliam (edited January 22, 2008 1:35:16 PM)]
Sicario
ComNet n00b

Sicario

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  419
January 22, 2008 2:22:30 PM    View the profile of Sicario 
Phineus waltzed into the hangar bay chatting with Anden about the upcoming mission. Once they arrived near their fighters, Phineus spotted Kayla out of the corner of his eye.

"Alright man, see you up there." Phineus told Anden as he jogged over to Kayla.

"You again huh?" She asked with a smile.

"You know you missed me." He answered with a smile.

She's so beautiful, he mused, tread lightly Gage. Phineus felt shy around people, but around Kayla he felt as though he was melting. He fiddled with his gear, tended to run his hand through his hair a lot. He couldn't explain it. It almost feels painful, he thought, but I like it.

"Oh, is that so? Well, I'll bet you'll be thinking of me nonstop up there, huh?"

Phineus gazed down to his boots, then peeked his eyes back up at Kayla.

"And if it's true?" He asked.

Kayla let out a humorous sigh, "Well, we'll just have to make sure your wingman is on his game, just in case you start daydreaming."

The two locked eyes for a little longer this time before the intercom announced for all pilots to get in their fighters.

"I'll see you when I get back?" Phineus asked.

"If you get back," she said jokingly, "hope you do though."

Phineus spotted Anden staring wide-eyed at the TIE Defender in front of him, as if he was in love.

“I didn’t know exactly what you were looking at, would have thought you were looking at a gorgeous girl in a bikini.” Phineus called out jokingly. “We’ve got to find you a girl mate.” He said, now laughing as he came over and clapped a few times on Anden's back.

Anden replied, “That or I could just steal yours.” He said with a straight face and even tone. Phineus struck a face at Anden, which made him laugh histerically. As soon as Phineus realized the joke, he quickly let out a sigh and chuckled a long.

"Jerk." He said

“Come on mate, let’s get to that briefing.” Anden said as he locked his arm around Phineus’ neck momentarily and mussed up his hair a bit, “You can tell me how things went with your loverly lady last night once we get on the Freighter.”

They reached the rest of the Squadron moments before Tomas spoke up, “Alright, Listen up!"
"It was his destiny to join the Empire. He saw death, hatred, evil. How he came out sane, I may never know. If he can control his fear, then Phineus' potential will never be greater."
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited January 22, 2008 2:26:13 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited January 22, 2008 2:29:18 PM)]
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  452
January 23, 2008 9:29:35 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Mira sighed outwardly, causing Tomas to hold his breath. The female pilot seemed even more upset and devastated than he had previously noticed and it made him feel horrible inside.

"Hun, what is it? Please tell me." Tomas repeated, as Mira appeared reluctant to open up. He could see her taking a deep breath in preparation.

"It's this whole relationship thing we've got going, Tomas." These words took the squadron commander by surprise, and made him wonder if there was a sentence he would've liked to hear less than that one. Mira must have noticed, as they suddenly reversed roles, "no no, not like that. I didn't mean it that way. What I was trying to say is its all this secrecy stuff. We have a great thing going between us and I'm really enjoying it, but ..." Mira trailed off momentarily in an attempt to regather her thoughts.

"But?"

"But I saw Ibram and Aleia, and how they got to be out in the open sharing their feelings, flirting, you know?" Tomas simply nodded. "It made me jealous. I want US to be able to do that, be open about how we feel about one another without worrying what others will think or do."

"I see."

"Do you? Do you actually?" Mira asked, turning defensive. She must've have thought Tomas had tuned her out, even though that wasn't the case.

"Darling, I know EXACTLY how you feel. But the bottom line is, it's against the rules for us to be together. That in itself would likely turn some couples away from one another out of fear of getting caught. But you and I both know that we could never do that to one another. Who knows, maybe one day our coworkers will be so used to the idea of suspecting something is going on that they will really not care if it is. Until then though, we have to limit ourselves to privacy, you get it?"

"Yeah, I understand." Mira replied still a little glum.

"And you know, it doesn't really help when you openly flirt with other guys in front of me. It's bad enough seeing other people's PDA but to have my gal hinting at it, too ..."

"I'm sorry," Mira said simply, blushing and averting her eyes. In responce, Tomas simply wrapped Mira up in a comforting hug. And with that, the two pilots finally sunk back into the bed and drifted off, a big day ahead of them in the morning.

** Morning of the Mission - 0612 hours **

Tomas now sat in the freighter with the rest of Viper Squadron. He had just done a walkthrough of their cargo in order to confirm that their disguise would not be easily discovered. The various firearms and ammunition were ok, and probably expected for a smuggling group, but only trouble could come from someone stumbling upon a dozen TIEs on board. They had been stored in a way to resemble cargo typically found in the holds of pirates and traders.

The overall idea to cover up the TIEs had come up at the last minute, during a briefing the squadron had held only a few minutes prior to boarding. The result was a number of technicians scrambling off to gather the necessary equipment for the task. Their adjustment had caused a slight delay in their schedule, though nothing major.

Nevertheless, the time had come for the mission to begin. The freighter lurched slightly as the freighter launched. Here we go...
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Tomas (edited January 23, 2008 12:33:40 AM)]
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  12
January 23, 2008 10:03:10 AM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
The night before:

After trying the belt on for size, Lukas nodded with the decision to carry on his father's legacy with the use of his pistols as well as the standard-issue blaster that was issued to him after Flight School was completed. They were to be used as a last resort, but he would be very eager to use them in the heat of battle.

Undoing the belt and placing it on the end of his bed, Lukas took a deep breath and looked at himself from a long-framed mirror that was next to the entrance to the bathroom. He was not longer standing there as a new pilot in the Imperial Navy; he was now amongst the best flighter squadron in the Navy itself, and he was ready for the first mission of the rest of his life. This was it for him because once the morning comes, it would be on. He smiled at himself and nodded, for he knew that he was ready for this mission. Everything that he learned so far would be put into the ultimate test come tomorrow, and he was ready. Yes, he was ready.

Turning away from the mirror, he headed towards the bed and got undressed, preparing for a long night of sleep that will carry him until the morning. He took his time as he wanted to relish in these next sequence of events, which would include a prayer that he would say to the spirits of his mother and father as he knelt down across from the bed, asking them to guide him and see the job that he does in hopes of making them proud of their only son. With the prayer ending, he climbed into the bed and closed his eyes as he sunk into a deep sleep.

The morning of:

Dressed in his disguise and the belt that carried his father's pistols, Lukas walked into the hanger and headed towards the freighter where the rest of Viper Squadron was meeting. The walk felt long for Lukas, for he was about to step into something that he has never been a part of before, but he was happy that he was. He took another deep breath before entering the freighter, nodding to all of his teammates as he took his first steps up into the freighter.

His eyes first focused on the TIE Fighters and the TIE Defender that were under the cover of large cargo, which was very clever in case anyone that felt nosy and suspicious. However, why would anyone be suspicious of them if they play their roles right in this situational mission. This had to be on the even-keel, or the XO would be a dead man. Point blank, this mission had to go off without a hitch, and he would have a nice part of it.

Finally with a calm head on his shoulders, Lukas took his seat as the freighter began to take off, fastening his safety belt as the ship began to rise from the platform. This was it. The Fulfiller was about to begin his first mission, and he silently prayer that everyone got out of this alive. Viper Squadron was at it again.

[This message has been edited by Fulfiller (edited January 23, 2008 10:18:28 AM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  117
January 23, 2008 11:50:23 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
0612 hours. Mission Launch

Ibram had just finished camouflaging his fighter when he felt the freighter taking off.

Here we go. Finally

Transferring to the freighter was easy enough; stored in one of the Atrus' massive ship bays, the Minotaur as it was called was being looked after by a service crew until the Vipers arrived. Loading the fighters was also relatively easy, as cranes did most of the heavy work. The floor of the freighter's cargo bay was also magnetised, removing the need for docking clamps to keep the fighters in place once they launched. With everyone on board, the service crew pretty much left the Vipers to it. Most of the squad set about camouflaging their fighters to look like cargo, so the launch-time had to be pushed back.

The Minotaur was an old BFF-1 bulk freighter, modified so that fighters could launch and land in it, but so that the hanger was not obvious. BFF’s usually had crews of about 10, so a couple people had to double up for the trip in order to save space. To no ones surprise, except maybe the newer people, Mira volunteered to double up with the CO…and then volunteered Ibram to double up with Aleia.

To no-ones surprise, except those that hadn’t paid attention to the briefing, the CO said ‘yes’.

Ibram, gear in tow, was weaving around the ship’s “cargo” when he accidentally bumped into Aleia, who had been working on her own fighter.

“Whoops! Sorry!” Ibram said. “You ok?”

Aleia blushed. “Fine…I’m fine. Sorry”

There was an uncomfortable pause.

“You wanna go find our room?” he suggested.

Aleia just blushed some more. “If we must.” She mumbled.

This is so not going well, he thought as the two of them made their way to the living areas. They ran into Mira, who was going to check on her fighter.

“Remember now, now naughty business!” She teased. Aleia’s cheeks redefined the concept of ‘Red’.

They found their room just beyond the ‘living room’, just down from the bridge. ‘Cosy’ didn’t quite cover it.

“Where’s the bed?” Aleia asked.

Ibram looked at the padded sheet on the floor. ‘Mattress’ didn’t quite cover that either. “I think that’s it.” He said.

Aleia was mollified. “Where we gonna put our stuff?”

Ibram was reading a note left on the mattress. “Says here we have to use the storage lockers outside, and the refresher next to the bridge….oh dear.”

“What?” Aleia asked.

“The note also says ‘no naughty buisness’.”
Aleia blushed heavily once again. “I’m going to kill her.”

Ibram chuckled. “You may want to get in line.”

Aleia dumped her stuff on the bed, and huffed.

“But this isn’t fair, she’s been goading and teasing us non-stop since yesterday! And I bet it was her who set us two up as well!” Aleia genuinely seemed outraged at that, which troubled Ibram.

“Thanks.” He said.

Aleia looked at him and her expressions softened. “I didn’t mean it like that…I mean you’re a nice guy…it’s just….it’s just….” She stopped and blushed again, looking away.

“Don’t worry about it,” Ibram said, sitting up. “Change of subject: How about we get her back? Her AND the CO?”

Aleia frowned. “The CO? Are we allowed to do that?”

Ibram smirked. “Pirates, remember?”

“Technically we’re smugglers.” She said, but she was also grinning. “What do you have in mind?”

It was Ibram’s turn to grin. “Follow me.”

OOC:
543 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited January 23, 2008 12:30:13 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited January 23, 2008 12:38:45 AM)]
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  82
January 23, 2008 12:43:46 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Aleia dumped her stuff on the bed, and huffed.

“But this isn’t fair, she’s been goading and teasing us non-stop since yesterday! And I bet it was her who set us two up as well!” Aleia genuinely seemed outraged at that, which troubled Ibram.

“Thanks.” He said.

Aleia looked at him and her expressions softened. “I didn’t mean it like that…I mean you’re a nice guy…it’s just….it’s just….” She stopped and blushed again, looking away.

Crud.. what's wrong with me?  It's not that I don't hate being pared up with Ibram...

Then what was it? Aleia wasn't sure but she actualy liked his company. The thought only adding to the embarresment but she could figure it out later.

“Don’t worry about it,” Ibram said, sitting up. “Change of subject: How about we get her back? Her AND the CO?”

Aleia frowned. “The CO? Are we allowed to do that?”

Ibram smirked. “Pirates, remember?”

“Technically we’re smugglers.” She said, but she was also grinning. “What do you have in mind?”

It was Ibram’s turn to grin. “Follow me."

Aleia gave him a full grin as they hurried down the hall together. Other pilots walked about and paid no notice to them as they were busy doing their own stuff. Aleia didn't even ask where they were going until they came to a supply closet in a quiet corridor.

"What does a supply closet have to do with.."

"Just wait.." Ibram grinned  and pulled out a large water bucket. Handing it to Aleia as she had to catch it twice as she wasn't  ready for him to hand it to her.

"Uh..ok..." She smiled back, feeling her heart rate speed up in the thrill of doing something that she never would have done before.

Well if we have to play the part...

Ibram dug deeper into the closet and pulled a few tools. ALeia noticed the wrench and a hammer  and only rise an eyebrow silently. As if readign her thoughts he gave her alopsided smile.

"Don't worry.. it's not going to hurt them..."

He then grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hall. Aleia's face warming up as his heat spread from his hand to hers. She clasped her hand around his for a moment and almost felt silly. However, she didn't let go of his hand.

She's actually letting me hodl her hand!

Ibram thought as he lead her threw the ship halls. His own face threatened to warm up as he longed to go back to the dream he had fromt he other night. Shaking his head he pushed it asside. KNowing that now wasn't the time. It was good enough that she was actually holding his hand back. Perhaps she wasn't all that upset afterall..

"Here we are.."

Ibram announced, letting go of her hand relunctly. They were at Tomas's and Mira's quarters and from the sounds of it they wern't inside yet as Ibram flipped open a panel and broke into the room.

"Ibram!!!.." She opened her eyes wide. Man they were so going to be in for it.

"Pirate.. remember?" He winked at her, bringing a smile back on her face before they entered. The room was't that much better then theirs.. but at least they had a better bed.

"Uh.. what are we doing here?" SHe asked, setting the pail on the floor.

"You'll see.." He moved quickly, goign up over to the bed and moving a chair over towards it. Climbing up onto the chair he reached up towards the water pipes that were across the room. Aleia grinned as it dawned on her what they were going to do. Ibram looked over his shoulder and saw her smile. Making his heart almost flip for a moment before he dropped the hammer onto the floor with a clang.

Aleia rushed over and picked it up, handing it back to him. Their fingers touching just gently together and the young women gasped iin suprise.

"You ok?" He asked reaching up with th ehammer to hit the pipe a few times. The clanking of metel echoing out into the room.

"Uh.. yea.. just...suprised... is all.." She felt her face warm. Her stomach tightening slighty from the sensation he had given her from the basic touch. Not really sure what to expect she sighed and held her breath for a moment before she looked back up at him.

Mabey this won't be so bad after all.

Aleia thought and gave him another smile. Feeling pretty happy with the excited rush the whole thing was giving her. Ibram only nodded and took the wrench tot he pip, loosening it ever slighty before comming down off the chair.

"Good.. I.. uh.. Well grab the pale.. we need to get out of here.."

He gave her a reassuring smile and they put the chair back. Just getting out of the room in time as they heard voices and the light tapping of feet growing louder. Once again grabbing her hand they zipped around the corner and listened.

"I told you things will be ok.." Came Tomas's voice. "This mission will go along fine.."

"As long as certian pilots can pull off their roles.." Came Mira's voice. It was pbvious who she was reffereing to. Ibram only squeesed Aleia's hand harder. Not really sure why he was, but then felt Aleia lean closer to him as she was trying to poke her head slighty around the corner. Their CO then muttered something they couldn't hear and they both then opened the door and went inside.

"Uh.. Ibram.." She whispered, leaning back.

"Yea.."

"You can let go of my hand.. it's starting to turn purple.."

"Oh..uh.. sorry..." He let go and looked at her with embaresment as Aleia flexed her hand to rush the blood hopefully quicker to her hand.

"It's ok.. and .. I didn't mean what I ment earlier.. I really do like spending time with you.." She lowered her eyes slighty and Ibram had to fight from falling over.

She really does like being with me!! He thought to himself. Fighting the urdge to want to hug her. Yet he held back and only gave her another smile.

"I like spending time with you too.." He replied.

"Yea.. Mira told me you have been a little diffrent.." She blushed and held out the water pail. "So what are we doing..." She forced the subject to change back to the task at hand.

"Oh yea..Well I'll show you."

He had almost forgotten about the rest of the plan. That and how  Aleia never had really any fun. Time for that to change.. He thought as they went over to the wall panel on the ship. Opening the panel it showed a vast area of pipes and nobes. Part of of one of the water mains for that area of the ship. It was an odd place on the ship for it to be in that area.. but it would work for their little 'Prank'.  Pulling out one of the small hoses he had her hold the bucket and fill it with cold water while he set the changes to start a slow flow of water to be sent in their Co's room. Conveniently the pipes ran along the room and would drip on about everything including the bed. When the pail filled Ibram stopped the flow and closed the panel.

"Alright.. we're going to place this above their door..."

Aleia covered her mouth with a stiffeled giggle so not to blow their cover. Man they were going to be so dead when they got done with this.

"Ibram..." She whispered, but he placed his index finger to her lips. Both blushing asAleia almost dropped the pail.  He pulled his finger back and cupped his hands. Signeling for her to climb on him to place the pail.

Considering that she was lighter then he was it was the most logical choice. Still, it didn't make her stomach stop from tightening. Climbing up on him Ibram put his hands against her hips and held her gently as she placed the bucket up on the ledge. Small as it was the moment those two would walk out they wouldn't be complaining of the leaking pipes anymore.

Letting her back down gently, Ibram smiled again and then they both pulled back and headed back down to their own rooms to wait for the plan to go into action. The whole way back Ibram's hands were tingeling as he couldn't believe that they were against Aleia's hips. It gave him a plesent thought but he couldn't dwell on it as Aleia reached up to him and placed a hand on his right shoulder.

"That really was fun..."

Ibram gave her a wink..

"The fun is only starting...." He answered back..

OOC:
Words 1435
Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  453
January 23, 2008 2:20:02 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
"I told you things will be ok," Tomas spoke up as he and Mira approached their assigned room. "This mission will go along fine."

"Yeah, as long as certian pilots can pull off their roles." Mira replied, her statement wracked with criticism.

"Lay off 'em will you?" Tomas scolded, "I'm surprised I even went along with that idea of yours. Starting to wish I didn't to be honest." Between the embarassment and angry looks he had seen on the faces of Aleia and Ibram and the way the whole thing had affected Mira when the two pilots seemed to be getting along great caused Tomas to think it was all more trouble than it was worth.

As the Tomas and Mira reached their quarters, Tomas keyed in the access code and the door opened, two loud clanking noises shaking the door as it receeded into the wall. Another clunk sounded off as the door closed behind them. God, this freighter is a hunk of junk. Tomas thought as he looked around the room. It wasn't too bad considering: it was fairly small, but the bed looked good enough for a decent night's sleep. On the plus side, as the squadron commander he had managed to grab the one room that had its own refresher unit.

Mira had left it up to him to get their things organized as she sat down at the edge of the bed. As a result, Tomas found himself examining the room thoroughly in order to make the best use of what little space they had to work with. When he had finally finished, Tomas turned to find Mira now lying back on the bed head against her pillow her eyes half closed, half watching him move about the room.

"You know Tom Tom, we're all alone and I'm sure the rest of the squadron is still getting settled in and taking break from all that last minute work we had to do," Mira cooed, closing her eyes completely and letting out a soft sigh of contentment.

"Hold that thought," Tomas replied with a kiss on Mira's forehead. "Just let me freshen up a touch, and I'll be all for it." With that, Tomas stepped into the refresher unit, activating the tap and collecting water in his cupped palms and splashing it on his face. Running his damp hands through his hair, Tomas froze as a sound bellowed out from the room behind him.

"Aaaaaaacccck! Tom-assssssss!!!" Mira called, instantly raising Tomas' curiosity. Shutting off the water and drying his face and hands, he emerged to find a damp Mira sitting on the bed scowling.

"What in the world happened to you?" He asked, trying his best not to laugh.

"Something up there spit on me!" Mira replied, crossing her arms. That wasn't exactly the word Tomas would have used, as Mira looked as if she had lying out in a brief rain shower.

"Alright, alright. Let me take a look." Tomas said, palms outstretched. After all, he could hardly be blamed for what had happened, though it seemed that's just what she was doing in her unhappy state. Climbing up on the bed, Tomas could feel slight dampness on the covers beneath him. "Ah, here we are...the pipe's loose. Bloody ship."

"Well then fix it," Mira half-demanded. As if to back up her statement, Mira moved into refresher and held her hand threateningly close to the on switch for the shower.

"Alright, alright, hold your horses. There's tools in the hangar I can use for this, let's go."

"I can't go out like this, are you mad!?!"

"Fine, I'll be right back." With that, Tomas opened the door the same pair of clanking noises present. As the third clunk sounded off, Tomas shivered as a ton of water came pouring down on him all at once. This was followed by a sharp pain on his forehead as something hard hit him as well, causing him to grit his teeth. Tomas just stood their trying not to shiver from being drenched from head to toe.

"Tomas? What was that noise?" Mira said from behind him, as she opened the door. "Oh my gods!" Unlike him, Mira made no attempt to be polite bursting out laughing as she looked upon his situation. That was until Tomas turned around. "Oh no!"

"I'm fine, really. Just a little wet." Tomas said, chuckling slightly through his shivering.

"But..." Mira just trailed off, staring at him.

"Huh?"

"Your forehead, it's bleeding..."

"Aw Frak. How bad is it?" Mira approached him, before pulling him down to her and examining cut. "It's not toooo bad, it sure is bleedin' though..."
Academy Trainer (T-1)

Clearly Canadian!
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  118
January 23, 2008 7:13:02 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
“The fun is only starting.” Ibram said, grinning like a school boy.

Ibram and Aleia waited round the corner whilst the CO and Mira entered there room.

“Right, now the pipes won’t leak unless they use their refresher. Once the skipper figures out what the problem is, he’ll go out of his rooms to get some tools, and then the bucket will fall on him. That’s our queue.”

“Won’t it look a bit conspicuous?” Aleia asked.

“Yes.” Ibram said. “Yes it will.”

Aleia smiled. “How do you know this stuff anyway?”

Ibram was keeping an ear trained on the CO’s quarters. “My dad is a mechanic back on Yaga Minor. Quite good. I went with him when worked on all sorts of vehicles. Managed to pick up a trick or two.”

They heard a cry that sounded a lot like Mira, and then moments later the skipper opened the door, and received a bucketful of misery, too which they was much rejoicing.

Ibram, laughing fit over, offered his arm to Aleia. “Shall we?”

She blushed slightly, before taking his arm. “Lead the way.”

They walked round the corner, and were confronted with the CO holding is head, and Mira inspecting him. Both were as wet as a Mon Calamari.

“Something wrong sir?” Ibram asked.

Tomas looked up at him. “What do you think, Mr Tyrol?”

“You look a little wet sir.”

“Really.”

“Your heads bleeding sir.”

“You don’t say.”

“Have a wipe sir.”

“Ibram, I’m going to have you shot.”

“Me sir? Why sir?”

“Because I hate you.”

“Union rules say you can’t do that sir.”

“Union? What union?”

“Pirates Union sir.”

“We’re not really Pirates Ibram.”

“Of course not sir.”

By this time, Aleia was laughing so hard she was on the floor, and even Mira was struggling to keep a cool demeanour.

“I’m going to get you two back for this.” She said.

“We’ll be ready.” Aleia said, looking at Mira with a determined look.

Tomas looked from one female to the next. “Ok you two, calm down. O’riley, got get changed. Dreycon, go to the bridge and see if C-3 needs any help. Tyrol, talk to the new guy, see that he settles in. And get me some bandages.”

“Fraid I can’t do that sir.”

“Why?”

“Union Rules sir, I’m not a qualified medic.”

“Ibram, I’m going to count to three, if you’re not gone by then, I’m shoving you out the airlock.”

“Very good sir.”

---------------------------------------------------------

Ibram and Aleia stumbled back into their quarters, laughing hysterically.

“That was great!” She said.

“I know.” Ibram was doubled over, tears in his eyes. “Shame about the skippers head though.”

“Yeh, he looked pissed.” Aleia said.

Ibram went over to his possessions, and sorted them out whilst Aleia sat on the mattress, rubbing her neck. Silence sank in once again.

“I suppose I better go check on the newbie.” Ibram said.

“Yeh, I’ve got to go see the XO.” Aleia stood up. “You wanna meet up for something to eat later?”

Ibram paused. Damn, I thought I was the one who was supposed to ask these things.

“Yeh, sure.” He smiled.

“Cool, I’ll see you then.” She left.

Get in there.

OOC:
529 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited January 26, 2008 6:43:18 PM)]
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  84
January 23, 2008 7:32:34 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
“That was great!” She said.

“I know.” Ibram was doubled over, tears in his eyes. “Shame about the skippers head though.”

“Yeh, he looked pissed.” Aleia said.

Ibram went over to his possessions, and sorted them out whilst Aleia sat on the mattress, rubbing her neck. Silence sank in once again.

“I suppose I better go check on the newbie.” Ibram said.

“Yeh, I’ve got to go see the XO.” Aleia stood up. “You wanna meet up for Lunch?”

Yeh, sure.” He smiled.

“Cool, I’ll see you then.”

Aleia left the room with a smile on her face. Her boots tapped gently on the floor as she made her way to meet up with the XO. Part of herself couldn't believe that she had even asked Ibram out for lunch.

God.. the past two days.. am I already changing that much?.

She thought to herself as she played threw the events that just happened. Knowing full well that Mira was going to get them back. Probably before Tomas would.

"He's a good CO.. but I don't think he's capable of anything liek what we did.. at least not that complicated.."

The thought made her chuckle mentally and as she approached the XO to handel what she was sent she went all Pilot again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn that was too long.." Aleia muttered  over two hours later. Most of what was needed to be done was menial work. Paperwork being most of it. Why the XO needed someone was beyond her. Either way her hands hurt as she went back  her room.

uh.. Ibrams and my room

She mentally corrected herself as she pressed the keypad to enter the room. Their door thankfully slide open with barly any sound. At least they had that as a positive aspect.  Stepping inside she looked over to see Ibram  laying on the bed. He instantly sat up and gave her a smile. Noticing she was  rubbing her hands.

"You ok?"

"Yea.. no biggy.. XO mainly needed help with paperwork..."

Ibram gave her a disgusted look.

"Yuck.. I would imagine.."

Forgetting to close the door she walked over to him and took a seat at the foot of the bed.

"So.. uh.. How's the  FNG?"

She cracked a smile for the slang of Fracking New Guy. Ibram grinned and rolled his shoulders.

"All good.. Didn't take me long.. "

"Great.."

Aleia replied and continued rubbing her right wrist in a massage. SHe hated working it that hard. Even though it was an old injury it  still pained her at times.

"Your hand ok?" Ibram asked, sliding over to her. Aleia looked up and stared into his face.

"Yea.. it'll be fine.. It's nothing really.. Just an old injury that never healed right.." She answered. Ibram without thinking reached out  and took her hand into his.Massaging it gently and he looked at her with a gentle smile. Aleia blushed but didn't pull away. Only relaxing more as the pain started to leave.

"I beg to differ.. " He whispered

OOC:
Words 484
[This message has been edited by Aleia Dreycon (edited January 23, 2008 7:33:51 PM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  121
January 24, 2008 11:42:26 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram found the new guy, Lukas, hanging around his fighter. Datapad out, it looked like he was going over the mission brief once again.

“Hey mate, you ok?” Ibram said as he walked up to him.

“Uh, yes sir. I’m doing fine.”

“Good good. As part of my unofficial official welcome duties, I’m here to see if you need a hand with anything.”

Lukas smirked, “Like telling me to go to the store?”

Ibram grinned, “Exactly like that my friend.”

Lukas glanced back down at his datapad. “Everything seems in order…but I’m worried about when we hit the surface. I’ve not had much melee training.”

Ibram smiled. “Don’t worry about it, you’re not expected too, but so long as you can use a blaster, you’ll be fine.”

Lukas grinned. “That I can do.”

He looked back up at his starfighter. “How we going to make our escape with all this junk on our fighters?”

Ibram looked thoughtful. “Most of the netting is set up so that it can be shredded easily, and the boxes aren’t really boxes, but a synthetic alloy that is designed to disintegrate when faced with excessive movement. Don’t worry, we won’t get stuck or anything and the Minotaur is equipped with secret hangers so that they won’t expect us to launch any fighters.”

“Nice.” Lukas commented. “It’s going to feel weird acting like a pirate.”

Ibram thought of Aleia, and grinned. “Technically we’re smugglers.”

“Do I have to like know how to play sabbacc or anything?”

Ibram had to keep himself from chuckling. “Fraid so. Union regulations.”

“What Union?”

“Pirates Union.”

“But we’re not really Pirates.”

Ibram gave Lukas a big smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple hours later, Ibram was lying on his and Aleia’s Mattress, taking a nap.

Ibram had managed to string Lukas along with the whole “Pirates Union” gag for an entire hour, which had amused Ibram to no end. Eventually, Anden, the not-so-new guy, had came to his rescue, and the two and gone off to explore the ship and settle in.

I love my job.

He still couldn’t get over what was happening between him and Aleia. They were like two shy teenagers, tipsy towing around each others feelings. He wasn’t sure if he was looking forward to how they handled their first night in the same bed together.

Well, on the bright side, she does seem to like me.

The door opened whilst Ibram was busy contemplating, and Aleia stepped in, looking tired.

"You ok?" he asked as he sat up.

"Yea.. no biggy.” She said, sounding drained. “XO mainly needed help with paperwork..."

Ibram grimaced. That’s the Navy for you, they’d quite happily develop something that would wipe out a planet, but they’re still  unwilling to replace the age old system of “paperwork”.

"Yuck.. I would imagine.." He commented.

Aleia walked over to him and took a seat at the foot of the bed, neither noticing that the door was still open.

"So.. uh.. How's the  FNG?" she asked, grinning at the use of good old fashioned navy slang.

Ibram grinned and rolled his shoulders. “All good. Didn't take me long."

"Great.." Aleia replied and continued rubbing her right wrist in a massage.

"Your hand ok?" Ibram asked, sliding over to her. Aleia looked up and stared into his face.

"Yea.. it'll be fine.. It's nothing really.. Just an old injury that never healed right." She answered.

Without thinking, Ibram reached out and took her hand into his. Massaging it gently, he looked at her with a gentle smile. Aleia blushed but didn't pull away. She seemed to relax and Ibram hoped he was making the pain go away.

"I beg to differ." He whispered, smiling.

“Heh, you sure have a way with your hands.” She said, and blushed some more.

Ibram couldn’t help but think of a scenario that belonged on late night television. He blushed as well.

“Hey you two, no snogging. Union rules.” Mira shouted as she walked past the open door.

Aleia jumped and pulled her hand back, sitting up straight.

“Uh…shall we go get something to eat?” She said.

Ibram was looking at his hands like he had just touched the holiest of holies. “Uh…sure.”

It didn’t take them long to find the mess, Mira and the CO were sitting together over by the dispenser, and Zane and Rocketman we’re sitting on the mess’ only stools.

Ibram and Aleia grabbed some snacks, and went over to join the CO.

“How’s the head?” Ibram asked.

“Better, no thanks to you Mr. Tyrol.” The CO said.

“If it makes you feel better, I would have used the force to stop it from falling on you if I could.”

Everyone around him frowned. “What’s the force?”

“When I was growing up, my dad used to tell me of these guys that had magical powers, which they called ‘the force’. They could like move stuff with their minds, and it made them superhuman.”

“Sounds like bantha-fodder to me.” Mira said.

“Not entirely true, there were apparently such individuals during the Clone Wars a couple of decades ago. Called themselves ‘Jedi’, but they were enemies of the state, and I think their powers have been slightly exaggerated.” The CO commented.

“The Clone wars came to Naboo once. It was horrible.” Aleia said, slightly subdued. Ibram reached out and gently squeezed her shoulder. She gave him a small smile.

Mira smirked. “Get a room guys.”

Ibram and Aleia both blushed.

The CO finished his drink, and went over to Zane and Rocketman. “Right guys, once you’ve finished eating, I want you to run some system checks on the freighter, and make sure the Admiral’s TIE Defender is ok. There’s sufficient material in on you’re Datapads if you need any help.”

“I’m sorry sir; I don’t think we can do that.” Rocketman said.

The CO gave him a sharp look. “And why the frak not crewman?”

“We were talking with the new guy sir, Lukas. He told us that apparently we can’t do anything we’re not qualified for. Neither of us are mechanics.” Rocketman said.

“And we have to go learn Sabbacc before we reach Votek.” Zane chipped in.

“And where,” the CO said, with a strained expression, “Did Crewman Lukas get this information from.”

“Pirate Union Regulations sir.”

The CO spun round, but there was only Mira standing their, trying very hard not to laugh.

Ibram and Aleia had conveniently disappeared.

OOC:
1,070 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN

VEEC
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  85
January 24, 2008 2:25:54 PM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
"The Clone wars came to Naboo once. It was horrible.” Aleia said, slightly subdued. Ibram reached out and gently squeezed her shoulder. She gave him a small smile.

One of these days I'll have to tell him..

She thought to herself. Aleia knew not everyone knew much about her. Other then that the Navy raised her froma small child. Still, she supposed Ibram had a right to know. Aleia didn't know.. but she felt like he did have a right. Just then Mira broke into her train of thought.

Mira smirked. “Get a room guys.”

Ibram and Aleia both blushed.

Alright.. that's soooo it

"Well we very well do have a room.." Aleia smiled in answer just as Tomas finished his drink and started to walk over to Zane and Rocketman. Mira smiled sickly sweet back and leaned closer to the two.

"Getting a little brave today arn't we?" Mira stated back in question. Aleia grabbed Ibrams hand once more and squeesed it.

"So what if I am? Mabey you and the skipper should go break in your own room?"  Aleia smiled back before looking at Ibram. In suprise they both saw Mira's face  went slighty pink. It lasted only a moment before.

"Touche. " She replied and then all three caught Tomas's conversation.

“Right guys, once you’ve finished eating, I want you to run some system checks on the freighter, and make sure the Admiral’s TIE Defender is ok. There’s sufficient material in on you’re Datapads if you need any help.”

“We were talking with the new guy sir, Lukas. He told us that apparently we can’t do anything we’re not qualified for. Neither of us are mechanics.” Rocketman said.

“And where,” the CO said, with a strained expression, “Did Crewman Lukas get this information from.”

By this point in the conversation Ibram and Aleia had slowly stood from their seats. His hand in hers as a grin spread across both their faces..

The CO spun round, but there was only Mira standing their, trying very hard not to laugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The couple was already in the hall. Laughing loudly together at  what had just happened. Ibram had a feeling that if the CO took it to heart he would end up walking the plank.

"Ibram?"

"Yea?"

"Mabey we should stay in our quarters for a while.. I have a feeling skipper is going to want you or both os us walk the Plank.."

The fact that she had picked up at least part of his thought was a feat in itself. Apparently she was either that smart or just knew how to pick things up quickly in a situation.

Probably both.. and eaither case I like that about her..

At any cost her comment made him only laugh further as he turned to her  and he pulled her into a light hug.

"I think you may be right.." He wshipered to her pulling back and hoping the hug wasn't too much. Her face was a mixture of emotion and for a moment he thought he did something wrong.  "Uh. I.. Sorry..." He muttered.

"No. It's ok.. I.. I actually liked that..." She answered back and pressed herself in to give him a freindly hug. It was brief but it had been a long time she she had human contact. Even suttle and for her.. it was welcoming.  "So.. we better get back before Mira catches us and has another go about Snogging or other public displays of affection.."

He watched her face go a little red again and Ibram only gave her another hug. Enjoying her company  was already warming him. The fact that she had the balls to stand up to Mira only a moment ago was a good sign. 

Man. If shes accepting  hugs then hopefully I won't have to sleep on the floor.. Then again.. we need to act like a couple. Though it wouldn't be all that bad if it wasn't just pretending.. Man.. What I kidding? She won't go for that.. and could.. Could I?

He shook his head and looked back to Aleia. Forgetting almost instantly the most recent thought.

Ibram gave a small sigh as they took the long way back to their room. Hoping to avoid  Tomas and Mira  on the way or there. So they took a small stroll threw the ship. Talking and just enjoying each others company. As  they made it to the door there was a note taped to it.

Now be good kiddies.. I don't wanna hear any funny noises comming from the room...

Aleia tore the note down and crumpled it into a ball before tossing it over her shoulder.

"Mira..."

She whispered with annoyance. Apparently she was really hinting towards their assigment. Or that she sensed something more brewing between the two of them.

"Don't worry about it hun.." Ibram started to say as he keyed in the code for their room.

Hun?? What the frak is the matter with you? He thought and hoped she wouldnt think anything bad of him.

"I know.. it's.. it's just getting annoying.." She responded back before walking intot he room whent he door opened. Aleia grabbed his hand and yanked him inside and this time turned to shut and lock the door. When it was shut she let go of his hand and spun to look at him.  Her eyes instantly softening and seemed to only for him.

"Thanks though.. I liked that.." She blushed and walked over to her bag. Ibram watched her and blinked a few times.

"Liked what?" He questioned

"The hun bit..." Her face grew scarlet and she went back to digging threw her bags once more.

Wow.. she.. she dosen't hate it..

Ibram thought to himself as he went to sit on the bed. Watching her silently for a moment.

"Well.. I... could.. say it more often if you'd like that..." He started. Aleia spun quickly from her bag and lost her balance. Falling right on her rear as a few of her clothes went flying into the air. A sock flew right into Ibrams face.  "Did I say something wrong?"  He asked, fighting the urge to go to her side. Aleia  rolled to the right and proped herself to sit indian style for a moment.

"No.. that was just a suprise is all..." She resplied. Tryign to act like a cat that fell wrong  and attempted to make it look  like that's what it wanted to do.

"Well.. for the mission's sake.." Ibram added.

"Well.. yea.. but.. I don't mind if it has to be just the mission.. I.. kinda.. liked it when you said that..."

OOC:
Words 1145
Zane ZyCrusis
ComNet Novice

Zane ZyCrusis

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  58
Total Posts:  215
January 24, 2008 6:25:47 PM    View the profile of Zane ZyCrusis 
The CO finished his drink, and went over to Zane and Rocketman. “Right guys, once you’ve finished eating, I want you to run some system checks on the freighter, and make sure the Admiral’s TIE Defender is ok. There’s sufficient material in on you’re Datapads if you need any help.”

"Come on Rocket, lets just go and check out the TIE, I am not that bad of a mechanic, just maybe not the best." said Zane.

"Alright, I expect everything 100 percent perfect you two," replied the CO.

"Yes sir," replied the two harmoniously.

With that they were off to the TIE Defender. Zane knew what to do, he had done this thousands of time on his own TIE. The only difference was the system was encrypted for security purposes. But that didn't matter for they had been given the codes anyways.

"Hey Rocket, go and check the engines out will ya?" asked Zane.

"Sure why not," said Rocket.

It took a whole two hours, Zane wanted to be sure, and finally they had checked everything. Everything was now fine and would work 100 percent in the mission. Zane had ensured it, and Rocket had even double checked Zane's work to just to be sure. Zane had downloaded everything they had done, as well as the whole fighters systems before and after to hand into Tomas as a report for their work.

Zane wanted to make sure that nothing could happen, and now nothing would. He had found several bugs in the system and found somebody had tampered with the ships systems. Zane had no idea who it could have been, but it wasn't very serious anyway. Plus it had all been taken care of anyway, and was now completely fixed.

Zane was glad the CO had them do this, it made Zane fell like he was becoming a part of the Viper Squadron. Plus it gave him something to do, to be able to prove himself. Rocket hadn't known that Zane did know a few things about mechanics, not a lot, but enough to quite a bit. In fact nobody on the squad knew he had known anything about mechanics. Rocket had always been pushing Zane to open up a little more, and Zane was finding that he was right.

After running one last systems check, and finding everything perfect Zane locked up the system again and went over to Rocket. Rocket had been making sure the engine an the other ships components were ok. Rocket reported everything was perfect, nothing was wrong with the ship now, their job was done.

"Ah, finally that was fun I guess right Rocket," said Zane sarcastically.

"Ya loads Zane," replied Rocket.

Together they walked back and got some refreshments. Zane sat down next to Rocket and handed him his drink. For a few minutes both sat in silence. Zane noticed Lukas with Anden again. The two new recruits were becoming quite the pair. Zane had no doubts they would do well on this mission. They all would do well. this mission was going to be a success, well at least Zane hoped it would.

After another few minutes of silence Zane told Rocket goodbye for a little while to go check on his own ship. Zane had been making sure it stayed in supreme condition for the big mission. Zane couldn't really do anything more to it without putting it out of regulations. Mainly he had wanted just a few minutes to think. Zane was opening up to the squad, but like always he took his own time by himself to think, that would be something that would never change.

After a little while of running a few pointless system diagnostics on his ship, Zane decided it was time they went to give Tomas the report on the ship. With that Zane went and got Rocket and together they went and found Tomas to give him their report.
=*Zane ZyCrusis*=

||-| -TR wrote: " There is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it. " |-||
||-| -Jack Bauer wrote: " The only reason your still conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. " |-||

|| =*Viper Squadron*= || " We Fly You Die " ||

||-| FM||LCRW Zane ZyCrusis||Viper 12||Wing 1||mSSD Atrus||1Flt||VEN||VE|| (=AE=) |-||
Fulfiller
ComNet n00b

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  13
January 25, 2008 12:24:17 AM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
Wow. What a magnificant piece of machinery.

Lukas thought this while staring at the TIE Fighter that was now claimed as his own fighter. Soon, he would inside that flighter and flighting for his life while protecting the life of the XO in the process. It would be the ultimate thrill for him to finally be a true part of the Imperial Navy as he would take out the enemy with the twin cannons of the TIE Fighter.

It was then that Ibram take over and started to talk to Lukas. Here we go again. This time around, Lukas did have some legitimate questions about the camoflauging of the TIEs and how they would be removed once the XO was with them. Lukas nodded to each of those answers as he soaked in the knowledge, but then, Ibram began to talk about a 'Pirates Union' and the fact that they had to train in the art of gambling games in order to complete their cover. What? He couldn't believe that he would have to join this union and learned these games before touchdown. Lukas began to panic a bit and walked away from a smiling Ibram as he headed down the hallway and started to gather some ideas on how to get in this 'Pirates Union'.

An hour passes as Anden walks by a frantic Lukas as he looked for some access towards the location of a 'Pirates Union'. He was dedicated to finding where this place was and learning the rules of Sarlacc and other games of chance. He also told Anden that he needed to do the same as well, which produced a hearty laugh from his new friend. Anden asked who told him about this bogus info, and Lukas told him that it was Ibram who told him about it. Anden told him that he was tricked again, just like last time, and Lukas felt two reactions at once: relief and anger. Ibram had done it to him again, and this time, he wasn't going to get away with it. That angry feeling turned into a nice idea that he let Anden on, and this was going to be good.

Lukas walked towards the mess hall, but found Mira instead as she was heading there herself. He told her his idea of the joke and aim it at Ibram. She beamed a big smile and agreed to join in on the joke. Lukas turned and headed towards the mess hall and met Zane and Rocketman as they were talking, saying 'hello' to both of them, and they respond in kind. Then, Lukas told them the entire 'Pirates Union' joke, and they nodded that they would be a part of the gag as well.

Lukas smiled as he turned away and headed towards his quarters. This was going to be good.
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

Anden Beliam
ComNet Novice

Anden Beliam

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  362
January 25, 2008 1:26:40 AM    View the profile of Anden Beliam 
The freighter was impressive to say the least. It had been highly modified to be able to fit in all of the fighters. Anden had really brought a whole lot with him, knowing he would only be leaving with what he could take back with him. Anden followed the rest squadron along with Phin as they boarded the massive bulk of metal. If it had been him forming the plan he would have purchased a mix match of starfighters to fly as escorts for a smaller freighter that would have been able to hold the TIE Defender and another TIE fighter. It couldn’t have cost much more than rigging up this huge ship to hold a dozen Tie’s plus a TIE Defender to boot. Besides, a really good group of smugglers would have escort fighter to protect a freighter as big as the one that they were now on.

However, this was the plan and he would play out his part.

As he and Sicario made their way to their room, Sicario went on about his time he had spent with his flame, Kayla.

“Oh man, it was great. I mean…it wasn’t as good as a restaurant you could take a girl to. But the food was good enough. And she was,…I mean dang she was really….” Phineus said, thinking, searching for a good enough word or phrase to describe her.

Anden waited a good amount of time as he watched his wingmate struggle for the words to come. He rolled his eyes slightly and decided to lend a hand.

“Beautiful?...” He offered, with a slight gesture.

“No,…more than that.” Phineus said in near reverie. His eyes growing still and yet intense at the same time as if he was staring at her in his mind.

Anden smiled and gave some more to help bring him back to the ‘here and now’, “Radiantly glowing?....Brilliantly charming??” He said, just throwing them out.

Grinning he opened the door and walked inside with Phineus following him. Knowing Phin wouldn’t be able to see his face he added, “Exotically seductive??” he said, his grin becoming bigger as he heard Phineus stop in the door way.

He turned to see the expression he expected to see in his face. He stared right back as if to say, What?...did I say something wrong? He started chuckling as the look turned slightly angry and his face a little red. Then he was full out laughing.

“I know that would hit a cord.” He said, then dodged aside as Phin chucked his duffel bag at him. Phineus was now laughing along with him.

“You know what I mean though. Right?” he asked in all seriousness as he was sorting out a few things on the lower bunk. Anden noticed he already had pocket picture frame that flashed from a picture of him and Kayla together at one of those holo game tables leaning closely together, a picture of just Kayla with her hair looking like it was being blown by the wind and then another of him and Kayla just laughing together.

This is really getting big for him.” Anden thought to himself. He looked at his wingmate and friend. They had only known each other for a matter of weeks and yet somehow they had been able to form a bond that border lined being brothers. Phineus looked intently down at the picture as they stood there in the small, rectangular room.

“I only wish I did mate…” Anden said, almost quiet enough to have been heard only by him. The quiet humming of electrical currents running through the ships lights and functions of the ship. As he said the words, he realized that he really meant them. He would love to have what Phineus had. And what others in the Squadron seemed to have. In those few moments the noise could have grown to a roar and Anden probably wouldn’t have noticed. But that moment was all too soon gone.

Perhaps….one day….” he said to himself, ”…All in good time.”

He shook his head lightly and looked back over to Phineus, “Just hold on to her, ok?…” He said, then smiled and continued, “Cause honestly….I don’t need to have my wingmate go all crazy on me because he lost his girl,.. ya hear?” he said, laughing only a little cause he knew he would back up Phin even if that did happen. He lightly pounded a fist on Phineus’ shoulder.

“Thanks man.” Phineus said rolling his eyes a bit, obviously getting more used to Anden and how he responded sometimes. Phineus also knew that Anden didn’t really mean it, and that he had only said it to break a some what serious and possibly awkward moment.

Phin stood up and stretched a bit, “Well, we are going to have a good amount of time to kill one this huge hunk of metal. Got any ideas on what we should do?”

Anden thought for a moment and as he did, he absent mindedly reached down to his blaster pistol and drew it slinging it back and forth as he has with his old mechanic tool when there was a lull in the work or he was working something out in his head.

“Nope I got noth…What?” He asked as he saw the look on Phin’s face. He reversed the pistol backwards and slid it neatly back into the holster, “What’s up?” he asked, completely oblivious.

Phineus raised an eyebrow, “You are kidding, right? When did you turn from pilot to gun slinger.” He asked, his face getting a bit of an inquisitive look to it.

Anden looked down at his pistol, and laughed out right, “Don’t be fooled by that.” He said as he went for the door and gave his head a jerk outside to let Phineus know it was time to go. If anything just to get out of the room. There wasn’t any reason to stay in the tiny room with a huge ship to walk around.

“It might as well have been a drill, welder, of cutting tool. I wouldn’t be able to hit the fat side of a bantha.” He said, resting his hand on the blasters handle.

Anden got a bit wary as he saw the sly grin that came to his face. “Ever tried?” to which Anden laughed, feeling less anxious. He should have been. Little did he know that what he was about to discover could possibly help the mission… but it would also make his bank account a little smaller.

“What?, try to hit a Bantha? No…no that I haven’t tried.” He said still laughing lightly, “And I am not about to.”

“….What about something else?” Phineus asked, cocking his head slightly to the side.

“Oh sure, so you can see the gun-slinger who could hit anything?” Anden said in all good humor as they walked into an open room. He shook his head just of the thought of it. It was only all the more funny because he knew it was true. He was a pilot anyways. He didn’t need to be an ace gun man and gun-slinger.

“So you think you wouldn’t be able to hit anything?...” Phineus asked from behind him. Anden turned to see Phineus downing a drink from a rations pack and tossing the can from hand to hand.

“Well I didn’t say that. I am sure I could hit something,” Anden replied somewhat hesitantly, eyeing the can, “I know I couldn’t hit that if that is what you are thinking.” He said,

“Know it strong enough to make a little wager??” Phineus asked, with his eyebrows raised.

Anden looked at both side of Phineus’ head as if checking for something, “Did you hit your head the doorway on the in? Cause it sounded to me like you want to bet against me that I would hit it.” Anden said looking at his wingmate incredulously.

“That’s right.” Phin nodded.

Anden smiled. He didn’t see the down side to this. He hand never really ever shot a blaster pistol. That wasn’t one of the daily tools that Anden used in his time as a mechanic. So, he pulled out his pistol, shrugging, “Your loss, not mine.”

“Ok,…” Phineus said as he walked over to a far side of the room, “Okay I got 500 credits for every time you hit this can out of three tries, and you only get one shot per try. And you might want to put that blaster pistol on stun, just to make sure that in the case your perfect shooting goes astray.”

Is he crazy?,…on shot per try? He is practically giving his money to me.

“I’ll take that bet.” Anden said, flipping the switch to stun. He nodded to Phin and he watched as he tossed the can up in the air. That was when it happened again. His body took over. He still knew what he wanted to do, or at least he thought he did. It was easy money all he had to do was miss and he would be 1500 credits richer.

That wasn’t what happened.

Anden saw it happen, almost as in slow motion. He saw the can go up and the moment it reached the peak of it’s climb it help for a moment. Somehow his body knew where the can would be at that point, because it was already in that position. He pulled the triggered with up giving it a second thought. He heard the blast and saw the can jump.

He was still looking at the spot with disbelief when he heard Phineus say rather triumphantly, “500 credits.” A broad smile on his face. Anden looked down at his hand and with the blaster pistol in it.

“Heh,…” he said, “How about the left hand?” he said pulling the other pistol out of it’s holster, simultaneously sliding the right pistol into it own holster. “how about the left?...” he said with a grin.

A minute later Anden came out of the room One thousand and five hundred credits poorer. Together they made their way for the mess hall to grab a drink. Anden was still wondering how he had done it. He looked at Phin.

“How did you know? I mean how could you have even thought…how could you have been so sure.” Anden asked in incomplete sentences, and sounding confused. If he had just lost 1500 credits, he wanted to know how.

“Some things just come to you. It was a gamble I’ll admit. But something just told me that you were going to be able to do it.” Phineus replied. It was void of all guile. Genuine and purely sincere. Anden couldn’t argue with that. All he did was glance at Phin every now and then as saw that big grin on his face.

Looking down at his pistols, he thought to himself, “Maybe this isn’t so bad after all….”

It was then they ran across Lukas, a very frantic and anxious Lukas.

“Lukas, what’s up?” Anden called out to him as they came over to where he was.

Lukas went in a mode of speaking he had seen,…well no one ever use. It consisted of fast hand movements and even fast words, most of which were pushed and mushed together.

“Whoa, whoa. Slow down mate.” Anden said, “Take a few deep breaths…..good. Now tell me what’s up.”

“Ibram, he said that I have to learn this game of chance. Sabbacc…and also three other games of chance. Yeah….yeah that was it. Three other games of chance. It’s regulation you see. So you have to do it too” he said pointing to both him and Phineus, “it all a part of the Pirates union.”

Lukas looked from Anden to Ibram and then back again in quick succession. Anden stared at Lukas in disbelief. The poor guy really did have no clue that Ibram had just pulled him unknowingly into another prank. He gave a look over at Phineus who was just about ready to burst his gut open from holding in the laughter.

“Listen Lukas,” Anden said putting a hand on his shoulder, “There isn’t a Union.” Even as he said it he hard time keeping a straight face, but he managed it. He gave a sincere looked and nodded as he saw a slight recognition dawn on Lukas’s face.

“But….” He started, then looked at Phineus who was now chuckling and nodding his head as well. “You mean…”

“Yes.” Anden said quickly.

“He just…”

“Mmmhmm.”

Lukas now looked convincingly relieved, then sighed, “…Again?”

Anden nodded, “Yeah…”

Lukas lips got very tight and his brow furrowed for a bit, then the tension released. And he looked at Anden and smiled, “…I got and idea.”

Whatever it was Anden just hoped it would help him feel a little bit better about having just had another joke played on him, and had fallen for it. After all, there was only so much a guy could take before the steel in him broke instead of bending.

When they entered the mess hall there were some of the others there talking about something Anden had never heard of.. He went and sat with Lukas and Phineus went to get them a couple of drinks. Anden nodded to Lukas, and Lukas whispered excitedly to Rocketman and Zane. Anden got up and went over to get the one of the drinks Phineus had got from the dispenser unit. Then he heard some ask Ibram what he was talking about, a subject Anden was not familiar with at all.

“What’s the force?” some one asked, Anden didn’t catch who had.

Ibram sat back a little began to explain, “When I was growing up, my dad used to tell me of these guys that had magical powers, which they called ‘the force’. They could like move stuff with their minds, and it made them superhuman.”

“Sounds like bantha-fodder to me.” Mira said, completely dismissing the matter..

“Not entirely true, there were apparently such individuals during the Clone Wars a couple of decades ago. Called themselves ‘Jedi’, but they were enemies of the state, and I think their powers have been slightly exaggerated.” Tomas said

“The Clone wars came to Naboo once. It was horrible.” Aleia said, looking like it was a subject that hit very close to home. Anden saw Ibram give her shoulder a squeeze and Aleia gave him a kind small but kind smile in return.

Mira smirked and said something that Anden didn’t quite catch. Whatever it had been it had been enough to make both Aleia and Ibram turn as red as one of the Tatooine suns.

“I’m sorry sir; I don’t think we can do that.” Rocketman said, and looking quite sure of himself.

Tomas got a mildly riled up look in his eyes and gave him a sharp look. “And why the frak not crewman?”

Anden looked at Phineus and Phin gave him a shrug. He looked back in time as Rocketman continued.

“And we have to go learn Sabbacc before we reach Votek.” Zane piped up, adding in his two credits and nodding solidly.

Oh boy, this ought to be good.” Anden thought, and began to take a drink from the cup Phineus gave him, his eyes becoming locked on the scene before him.

“And where,” the CO said, now with a strained expression, “Did Crewman Lukas get this information from.”

The look on the CO’s face made is a little clear that he had a very strong suspicion of where the very false information had come from.

“Pirate Union Regulations sir.” Rocketman said folding his arms in front of him across his chest, smiling as if he had just answered a difficult question on a very important exam.

Anden burst out laughing, or at least he would have had he not had a mouthful of his beverage in his mouth. The drink sprayed from his mouth. Then he laughed, as Phineus laughed at both him and at the joke that had been played out.

After both of them had calmed down they made their way back to their room to get ready for a bit of shut eye. In the morning they would be approaching the approach on Volek and he wanted to be well rested for this Mission…
Viper Squadron
We Fly, You Die
Senior Crewman Anden Beliam
FM/SCRW Beliam/Viper 4/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1st Fleet/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)

Tomas
ComNet Marshal

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  457
January 25, 2008 9:08:31 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
As the various squaron members filtered out of the mess hall, Tomas let out a deep sigh and collapsed into a nearby chair. He couldn't help but think of hte irony of the whole. It seemed Mira's troublemaking had become contagious, resulting in the squadron commander being on he wrong end of a few pranks and yet Mira herself was one of only a couple Viper pilots that had refrained from giving him a hard time over the last day or two. He could only wonder how that in itself would last, though he hoped that with the first half of the mission down on the planet's surface it would put off her boredom a little bit longer.

Speaking of the lovely lady, Tomas shivered as something cold made contact with the back of his neck. Turning he saw Mira arm outstretched and a pair of drinks in her hand.

"Rough day Tom Tom?" she asked sincerely. There was no doubt in Tomas' mind that his current state of frustration could be read off his face like an open book. He could feel part of it melt away, as Mira handed him a drink before hugging him around the neck and delievering an awkward but still very welcome kiss on the cheek. Tomas could sense some surprise from Mira as she straightened back up.

"No complaints?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nope. You said you wanted to public displays of affection, so who am I to complain?"

"But you DID complain, or rather decided it wasn't a good idea. Besides it's not very public ... there's NO-ONE ELSE HERE."

"Details," Tomas replied smoothly. His calm look faltered slightly, as a mischievious grin spread across Mira's face.

"In THAT case," Mira announced and with one quick motion had wrapped an arm around Tomas' neck and plopped herself down on his knee.

"Haha, I figured you would push the limits of what I would allow out here," Tomas said with a chuckle.

"Oh this is nothing yet." With that, Mira used her arm to turn Tomas' head around to face her and kissed him on the lips. It was starting to turn into an all out make out session before Tomas stopped her.

"Whoa whoa whoa, easy there girl," Tomas said once he has seperated from her embrace. "I need to get back at the miscrients, Ibram in particular. I'm thinking something to do with their stupid 'Pirates Union'. Any ideas?"
Training Executive Officer (TX)
Academy Trainer (T-2)

Clearly Canadian!
Rocketman1167
ComNet n00b

Rocketman1167

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  533
January 25, 2008 3:21:19 PM    View the profile of Rocketman1167 
Rocket over heard the conversation of the force and decided to tell them what he knew or it.

“Yeah I know what the force is kind of.”

“Really if you do tell” someone said.

“Well okay as long as you guys don’t go saying to other people.”

Rocket looks around to see the entire Viper’s nod their heads.

“Okay well I don’t know as much as my pa because he was their when the Republic split.”

“What I can remember is that the Jedi where the protectors’ of the Republic of old, and that they went around and made sure the Republic was going to stay together of course than the Clone Wars happened and that’s when stuff went to hell and back, but the Jedi fought good but they could not beat the ever growing Empire, of course this was long before I was born, my dad was still a teenager when the wars broke out, and he was a star fighter pilot.”

“You still haven’t answered my question yet.”

Right my mistake the Force was what made the Jedi so strong and hard to kill, if you saw one and you weren’t on their side you would have two options one you could fight them and loss or you could run. If you did run you would hope you could get away with out dying.”

“Wow they sound evil.”

“It depends how you look at it, and of course my dad could tell you more but he disappeared in the battle of Endor. That’s all I know.”

The Co finished his drink, and went over to Zane and Rocketman. “Right guys, once you’ve finished eating, I want you to run some system checks on the freighter, and make sure the Admiral’s TIE Defender is ok. There’s sufficient material in on you’re Datapads if you need any help”

“We were talking with the new guy sir, Lukas. He told us that apparently we can’t do anything we’re not qualified for. Neither of us are mechanics.”

“And where,” the Co said, with a strained expression, “Did Crewman Lukas get this information form.”

The Co spun around, but there was only Mira standing their, trying very hard not to laugh.
In the hanger
After Rocket and Zane get do checking every thiang they start talking about stuff for the mission.

“So this is a pretty good tie defender.”
“What do you think Zane?”
“I think it will serve its purpose well.”
“Well let’s make sure that it does serve it well.”
“I figured out my fake identity and my profession.”
“Well what is it.”
“Jake Blacker don’t ask why and my profession is a heavy weapons expert.”
“Okay what a weird name o well I guess it’ll do for you.”
“That’s what you call me know alright Zane.”
“Well Zane I will see you later.”
Well at least everything is going fine at this point in time, I just hope my feeling won’t come true or we are in trouble.

Rocket heads back to his room for a good night rest he hopes.

OOC:
Wow 555 words that's pretty good worte this in class with nine minutes to spare.
"This is Sparta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
From 300

FM/SCR Rocketman/Viper 3-11/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE[=A=](MC1)
Mira O'Riley
ComNet Novice

Mira O'Riley

Post Number:  43
January 26, 2008 9:45:31 AM    View the profile of Mira O'Riley 
"Easy, and way ahead of you, I really should be CO," Mira giggled pulling out two black masks, "Ninja Union my love," she said yanking the mask over Tomas' head, "Already I've sent masks to the rest of the squad with the promise of all night me paying for their drinks to help with getting Aleia and Ibram back in line, because you know, I'm suppose to be the joker of the squad," Mira pouted a little before grinning impishly as her feet dangled from Tomas' lap. "Either way I already crawled through the venting system of their shared room, posted several naughty notes to them, put about a gallon of green food coloring in their shower system, rigged above the bed in one of the vent are several water balloons triggered to fall on the first person to sit on the bed, and to make the whole prank complete, I personally filled the closet with the towels with a few droids with Gungan voice boxes programmed to follow around whoever they see first for about a week."

"Wow," Tomas spoke blinking his warm brown eyes a few times, "You really went all out."

"Well you know, ninja stuff, I'm small I can crawl through vent and windows," Mira shrugged modestly.

"You're kind of hot when you plot," Tomas murmured in Mira ear causing her to squeak and giggle more.

'Which reminds me, in all seriousness and not that I'm rejecting your snogging, but I think Aleia is suspicious of us."

A worry crease appeared on Tomas' forehead, "Was she asking questions."

"No not really but she has noticed how much time we spend together," Mira sighed running her hands through Tomas' hair, "So are you going to break the news to C-3 or should I?" Mira looked towards the door as she heard a scream, man and woman from the direction of Aleia and Ibram's room, "Three, two, one."

"Mira, what the fuck!" Aleia came storming into the room soaking wet, Ibram coming close behind her with only a towel on his blond hair dyed green as well as most of his forehead and shoulders.

"Wow that looks permanent," Mira said casually grinning even more as two cleaning droids came into the room after Ibram and Aleia.

"Wheresa goin comma back!" one of the droid squealed.

"Well, you know, green hair is very, erm, dashing," Mira choked laughing, that is until Aleia and Ibram stopped mid-seeth to notice that she was sitting on Tomas' lap.

"What, um, who?" Ibram started.

Tomas and Mira looked at one another blinked a few times, "Um," Mira spoke trying to buy time before she pulled the mask over her face, "Ninja AWAY!" she shouted jumping out of Tomas' lap and running out the room.

"Well" Aleia asked looking accusingly at Tomas.
Aleia Dreycon
ComNet Novice

Aleia Dreycon

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  86
January 26, 2008 10:30:42 AM    View the profile of Aleia Dreycon 
Ibram had only smiled  when she had admitted that she liked it when he called her hun.

"Well then.. I guess I'll have to use it more then." He stated before taking the sock off him and standing. "I'll be right back hun.. Going to go take a shower."

Walking over towards the shower he pulled his shirt over his head and was rewarded when Aleia's face burned even redder.

"Uh.. Sorry.. I couldn't help myself.." She muttered, going back to what she was doing. Ibram only chuckled and went into the shower.

Man.. I feel like a moron

She thought to herself as she listened to Ibram bump around in the bathroom and start the water. With a giggle she she grabbed her clothign and then walked over to the bed to lay down on it. No sooner then she lay back that she heard a click. Her body tensed and she tried to move.. Too late.. She was bombarded with Water Balloons and Screamed. Areina was compleatly soaked by the time she stood from the bed. Ibram then rushed out of the shower. A  single towl wrapped around his waist.

"Hun what's wrong?" He asked in concern and then realised she was wet, his jaw dropped. Her own face looked up to him and despit that he was practiclly nude that wasn't what caught her attention.

"Uh.. Ibram.."

"What?"

"Your hair and shoulders are Green..." She pointed out. His own eyes poped open as he bolted back into the bathroom. There was a moment of silent as ALeia sat there shivering in her wet clothes before he came back out. They both looked at each other.

"Mira..." The said together. Ibram walked over to the closet to grab a few new towles . Aleia stood and waited for him to hand a towel when two cleaning droids zipped out.

"What the frak?" Ibram said. The two droids bumped into each other and then zipped around the room for a moment before pausing by the couple.

"Wesa going now Okiday?"

It wasn't enough that they had those pranks, but now the droids? Ibram growled and tossed Aleia a towel as she wrapped it around herself.

"Oh that's it.." Aleia sauntered back and ran out of the room screaming in anger.

"Wait.. Aleia..." He replied, but to no avil. SHe had left and with a sigh  he tightened the towl around his waist and raced after her.

Oh.. This is going to be such a good  impression... He thought.

Mira, what the fuck!" Aleia came storming into the room soaking wet, Ibram coming close behind her with only a towel on his blond hair dyed green as well as most of his forehead and shoulders. The only other clothing was a towel wrapped around her waist.

"Wow that looks permanent," Mira said casually grinning even more as two cleaning droids came into the room after Ibram and Aleia.

"Wheresa goin comma back!" one of the droid squealed.

"Well, you know, green hair is very, erm, dashing," Mira choked laughing, that is until Aleia and Ibram stopped mid-seeth to notice that she was sitting on Tomas' lap.

"What, um, who?" Ibram started.

Tomas and Mira looked at one another blinked a few times, "Um," Mira spoke trying to buy time before she pulled the mask over her face, "Ninja AWAY!" she shouted jumping out of Tomas' lap and running out the room.

"Well" Aleia asked looking accusingly at Tomas.

Tomas looked back over his shoulder. Cursing that Mira was leaving him with these two. WHen he looked back he only stood and gave them a blank look.. well.. tried to.

"It was all her planning.."

"Yea right.." Aleia snorted. Tomas blinked at her wayward attitude.

"Ninja Union and all.." Tomas grinned. "Sorry.. had to teach you two a lesson." Ibram brought a hand up to his chin.

"Ninja Union Sir?"

"Correct.."

"We arn't Ninjas on this mission Sir."

"I'm well aware of that Mr.Tyol."

Alea only shivvered some more as she listened to the two. By this time Ibram had come up to her side and  put his hand on the back of her hand to let her know not to do anything too rash.

"This is a Pirate ship.. not a fraking Ninja free for all Sir."

Tomas only gave them a small smile.

"Just like we're not real pirates?"

"But we are for the mission sir.."

At this point Tomas nodded.

"Yes.. but not really.. you should go get that dye out.. Unless you want to have  Dreycon here match you for the rest of the trip."

Aleia opened her mouth in shock.

"No way.. you wouldn't.." She replied

"Pirate.." Tomas smirked back. Ibram only nodded. "And one other thing Mr.Tyrol.."

"Yes Sir?"

"Next time you leave your quarters.. please make sure you have some clothes on..." He pointed to the towel around his waist that was starting to slip. Aleia couldn't help but look down and then have her face grew red. Now that she had stormed out of their room wet and he following with a Towel around his waist there was no way to stop the rumers now.  WIthout even another word, or unable to question Tomas about why Mira was so cozy with the CO;l Ibram and Aleia both turned on ther feet and practically ran out of the room to head back to their quarters.

OOC:
words 877
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Initiate

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  123
January 26, 2008 7:31:41 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Growing up on Yaga Minor wasn’t exactly the most entertaining thing in the world, especially if at one point you didn’t go to school. Ibram therefore used to try and entertain himself by swapping stories with the few friends he had that also didn't receive state education .

Now these stories didn’t have to be true, or even remotely true. In fact, stories that were completely devoid of any kind of fact or common sense were a regular occurrence. Ibram remembered one story that his friend Daniel had told him about a man who, whenmade very angry, turned green.

If Daniel had bothered to make a visual of this mystic creature, it would probably look a bit like Ibram did now.

“Do you think this will stain?” he asked whilst he looked himself over in the refresher.

“Dunno, if you let it dry it might.” Aleia replied.

She was drying herself off in the main room, having also been a victim to Mira’s pranking.

“Well at least there isn’t any of this stuff left in the system, I flushed it all out.” Ibram turned on the water system and, true to his word, the water was anything but green.

A couple of minutes later, Ibram re-entered the shared room, wearing only his briefs. Since he was too busy making sure all of the dye was out of his hair, he failed to notice that his roommate was, if it was possible, in a state of dress slightly less then he was.

“Gak me! I’m so sorry.” Ibram exclaimed, turning bright read and covering his eyes with a towel.

Aleia had been in the process of putting on some underwear when Ibram walked in, and was now hiding behind the sheet that was to serve as their ‘blanket’.

Sheet? I’ve seen glass windows less transparent then that thing. Ibram thought, and blushed again.

“Ibram….I appreciated the towel and all but…leaving the room would be more helpful.” She said.

“What? Oh right yeh. Sorry.” Ibram made a hasty retreat back into the refresher.

Oh dear.

Ibram decided to throw a shirt on as well.

Don’t want her to think I’m a player or anything…

“It’s ok, you can come in now.” Aleia called. Still, just to make sure Ibram entered slowly, hand over his eyes.

Aleai chuckled, “What is this, some cheep sitcom?”

“Sorry.” Ibram walked in and sat next to her on the mattress.

They both just sat there, neither knowing what to say. Finally, Ibram spoke up.

“You know, I’m glad I met you.” It was so casual that even Ibram himself hadn’t really thought about what he had said.

Aleia blushed slightly, “Thanks….I’m glad I met you too.”

Ibram was about to say more, when a vibration shook the ship.

Hyperspace. He thought.

The XO’s voice blared over the loudspeakers.

“Attention, we have just entered hyperspace, Operation Search & Rescue has commenced. Transit time is approximately 5 hours. Everyone get some sleep, we will all meet on the bridge at T minus 30 minutes.”

Ibram let out a sigh, and got under the sheet. “Well, you heard the man.”

Aleia paused, not knowing what to do next, before finally deciding to join Ibram under the sheets. It was a tight fit.

“See you in 5 hours hun.” Ibram said, already falling asleep.

“Goodnight…….handsome.” Aleia said quietly.

Ibram didn’t hear her.

OOC:
561 words

Flight 3 Leader
We fly, you die

VEN
FL/PO1 Tyrol/Viper 9/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Search and Rescue  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:00:50 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 119  |  Bots - 2
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >