Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Search and Rescue

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Nazgul Squadron: Search and Rescue
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  61
  RE: Nazgul Squadron: Search and Rescue
January 29, 2008 10:18:21 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
As Lamel finished speaking with Trevor, She spun around nearly bumping into another pilot. She blinks a bit, "Excuse me please, i didn't mean to bump you."

The pilot, a darkhaired female named Annaliese nodded slowly, "Just watch where you are going, I wouldn't bump into anyone else." Annaliese looked Lamel up and down, smiled, finally answering. "I see you are new here, I also see you have had trouble in the past but i can see that by looking in your eyes, they are very troubled. I was assigned as your bunkmate, My name is Annaliese Sandrean, My home planet is Coruscant. Where are you from and what is your name?"

Lamel replies, "I am from Coruscant as well and my name is Lamel Evas. You might or might not have heard of the Evas family, but then again you might have as they were a once prominate family on coruscant, I was raised in an orphanage because my mother died giving birth to me and my sister there."

Lamel continues walking beside the woman and smiles a bit as she saw the bunker where she and her bunkermate were in. Maybe this woman will have information on my father's whereabouts? "Well, here we are Annaliese." Said she as she punched in the code for the bunker and when the door slid open, she stepped inside with Annaliese following behind her.

"So this is our new bunker?" Asked Annaliese. She had been wandering quite lost through the halls until she bumped into Lamel of course. She was still lost as to what to do so Annaliese sat on the  bunk on the other side of the room. Lamel noticed that she was shy as she herself had been the very moment she went into the navy. I wonder what kind of heartbreaking story Annaliese has to tell? Lamel immediately breaks out of her own thoughts.

"Yes this is where we will be i guess." Lamel would smile and glance at Annaliese before saying. "you are shy and i can tell that by looking at you. Did something happen? I am not meaning to pry or anything like that. I am just curious."
May the force be with you - Yoda

Get this walking carpet out of my way! - Princess Leia
Gshlecc
ComNet n00b

Gshlecc

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  1957
January 29, 2008 10:22:12 PM    View the profile of Gshlecc 
G’shlecc arrived at his berth’s door just as Lt. Evenson was exiting.  He nodded a quick salute to him and it was returned in fashion.  “What’s he doing in here?” he thought.  “Oh well, he’s the boss.”  He thought longingly of his bunk and how good it would feel to grab some shuteye.  It had been a long day.

When he woke up this morning he was trying to find a way to stay occupied in the Reserve Pilot Quarters on Abrae.  Life is rather slow when you’ve made it through the Academy and still have no assignment.  That all changed shortly before lunch.  He received a transmission on his datapad ordering him to report to Landing Pad 4 within the next 35 minutes for deployment. Cursing under his breath, he ran to his quarters and began throwing his possessions into his carryalls.  G was never the tidiest of packers, and this was true to form.
“I hope I’m not going to have to stand inspection anytime soon, or my ass is grass.” He fretted.  Of the two carryalls he owned all of his worldly belongings went into one, and his weapons into the other.  The weapons took priority.  He made sure the rifle, flechette pistol and thermal detonator were set on “safety”. “If that went off THAT would be bad.” He chuckled darkly as he double and triple checked the detonator.  He then had stowed his extra blaster and the Rodian dagger in his Pilot Pack.  Slinging the Pack over his shoulder and grabbing the two carryalls he made his way to LP-4.
  The ride from Abrae to the Atrus was uneventful, just him, a three other men, and a Twi’lek male.  When his shuttle dropped out of hyperspace, and he caught sight of the
Atrus he was blown away.  G had seen holos, and heard about SSD’s, but to see one up close was breathtaking.  He had mostly recovered his senses when they landed.  No sooner had he retrieved his bags from the shuttle’s hold, then a Personnel Officer strode up, handed him his transfer papers and directed him to the launch hangar. 
  “Do I have time to grab a bite?” he inquired hungrily. “Only if  you want to walk to your next posting.  Your squadron is in Pre-Flight as we speak.” Came the snide response.
  G quickly snatched the papers, saluted, and ran like a mynok on fire to the hanger.

Now, he was on a different ship, on his way to a different system, still hungry, but way too tired to do anything but sleep. 
  He entered the berth and saw his bunkmate, Lamel looking a little wired and reserved looking darkhaired girl.  “You OK?” he asked Lamel cautiously.  He had briefly met her when he ditched his gear.  Their initial meeting was abbreviated by his wanting to get back to the hanger and see to the repainting of his fighter. 
  “Yeah, the damn fire alarm woke me out of sound sleep.  I’m fine.” Lamel stated tersely.  G’shlecc wasn’t overwhelmingly convinced by her tone. 
  He went on, “OK, just checking.  Sorry, about cutting out earlier, wanted to get my fighter sqared away.” 
  “I understand.” She said.  “This your first time out?” she asked. 
  “Yep, you can still smell the “New Speeder Scent” on me.” He joked. 
  Lamel eyed him, and the other girl moaned. After a heartbeat Lamel said, “Yeah.” Turning to his right G streached out his hand and said,
  "Hi, G'shlecc Atrasin." "Annaliese Sandrean."she replied as she shook his hand. 
  “Well, if you don’t mind I’m gonna get back to the rack and try and grab as much sleep as I can.” she said.
  “No go ahead, I was about join you.” G said quickly.  Lamel gave him a look that screamed, “Excuse Me!”  G’shlecc realized what he said a microsecond after it left his lips.  “NO, I meant, I’m gonna go to sleep as well, not JOIN you. I mean we don’t even know each other and I’m new, and we fly together, and I’m just going to shut-up now.” He blurted.  Lamel nodded slowly, and slid into her bunk. 
  “Good night.” She stated, as she rolled over.
  G stood there for a moment looked at Annaliese and thought, “Nice job noob.  Now she thinks you’re a dumbass.”  He sighed and slid into his bunk as Sandrean did the same.  “I hope this day gets better.” He mumbled to himself as he closed his eyes. 

He awoke sometime later. Momentarily disoriented, he checked his chrono.  “7.5 hours.  Good.” He thought.  He caught a movement out of the corner of his eye and saw Lamel securing the last fastener on her boot.
  “’Bout time you woke up. I thought I’d have to call the morgue for a pick-up.”  She quipped.  G was relieved to see her in brighter spirits.  “We’re almost to our jump-off point. Trevor is gonna have a briefing in about an hour, has suggested that we get some grub.  Care to join us?” she asked.
  He nodded an affirmative, and pulled on his boots.  “Sorry about earlier, I was dead tired.” G said. 
  Lamel quickly replied” No problem, we’ve all been there before.”  G, Annaliese and Lamel headed out the door and toward the mess.  “So, tell me all about G’shlecc Atrasin.” Annaliese chirped.  G looked at her, smiled and said “OK, you asked for it.”
CM Gshlecc Atrasin/Nazgul 3-11/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE

Vacuus Ordo , Nex
                      -Without Order, Death
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 29, 2008 10:59:53 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:35:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:46:51 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:47:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:49:48 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:51:15 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited January 30, 2008 12:52:15 AM)]
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  36
January 30, 2008 11:28:13 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
Lamel stood in line at the mess holding her tray, She glanced at the others as she stood there. Lamel or Lams as she was called picked up a tray and proceeded to pick up a few peices of silverware and napkins, a cup and a plate. She picked up the spoon situated in mashed potatoes and gravy,

she would pick the spoon up and place a bit of the mashed potatoes and gravy on her plate, this would smell so good. Unlike the orphanage she had been at this was a palace compared to it. She would pick up the chicken with the tongs that were set there and place them upon her plate,

Next she would pick up and place the beans on her plate as well. She wasn't a picky eater either, she set her tray down upon the edge of the mess line counter and reached for the juice upon the white tray that it sat upon. She then carefully poured the juice into the cup as she held onto her tray with one hand.

She then proceeded to a table and sat down, She took a sip of juice and quickly picked up her chicken, tearing into it bit by bit until it was eaten. She did the same to the mashed potatoes and gravy, savoring each and every bite until the food was finished.

God, this food is so good, I haven't eaten like this since the orphanage! She instantly was broken out of her thoughts by her bunkmate speaking to her, "Lamel...Lamel?" She looked up and smiled, "Yes?"

"You were far away and I noticed you were eating. Should I stay here and talk with you or should I be elsewhere?" Lamel smiled, "Stay here and talk with me for awhile, I need company while I eat." She had noticed her bunkmate wincing somewhat. "What is wrong?"

"Oh nothing, nothing at all I just am hurting a bit don't worry I'll be alright in a minute." Said she. Lamel was worried however, about her bunkmate and wanted to know if things were alright. "I think you look a bit ill right now. Are you sure that you are alright? Need me to take your food to our bunk room?"

The roommate glanced up at her and nodded her head before speaking, "Yes, I think I should go lay down for I don't feel very good. I don't know what is wrong with me at the moment." She stood up and lays a hand on Lamel's shoulder. She would stand there and walk to the bunker alone as Lamel watched.

Lams was worried and swung her legs out of the bench, proceeded to pick up her bunkmate's tray in the other hand and placed her own tray in the food disposal unit. Lamel grabs the other tray with both hands and proceeded to her room she shared with her bunkmate.

Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  236
January 31, 2008 8:05:32 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue woke with one hell of a headache. He started to sit up but immeadiately gave that up. It just hurt way too much.

This what I get for drinking with a Wookiee and letting him choose the booze. Ugh, I gotta fly today too.

He laid there for a few more minutes, before he risked turning his head and looking around. Rusty was snoring slightly in his bunk on the other side of the room. Since Rusty was a Wookiee, they had given him one side of the room, and Crimson had taken the bunk above Rogue's.

Good thing I'm on the bottom bunk. Probably would have fallen out and busted my head.

Moving slowly and carefully, he eased his way up and then out of his bunk. He stumbled and staggered his way across the room to the refresher. Once inside, he got a glass of water from the sink, and poured it down his throat. He filled a second glass and sipped it slower this time. After he had that one down, he slowly moved over to the shower and turned it on, cranking the temperature up high. He stripped out of his flight suit and climbed into the shower.

After soaking under the hot water for like thirty minutes, he started to feel somewhat human again. He climbed out, wrinkly skin and all. He dried off and returned to his bunk where he had another flightsuit stored. He pulled on yet another flightsuit, this one was one of the squadron ones modified with the patches on the shoulders. Still moving carefull and slowly, he sat back down on his bunk and pulled on his flight boots. He heard Crimson and Rusty waking up around him as he started looking for his guns.

He found them hanging from the chair he had been sitting in the night before. He grabbed both, slung them over a shoulder and headed for the door. Despite the hangover, he felt hungry. He grabbed his datapad on his way out and headed for the mess hall.

I hope the food aboard this tub is at least decent. Cause there's at least a couple of decent messes aboard the Atrus.

He made his way through the short line of people and filled a tray with breakfast foods and two mugs of caf. It took most of his concentration and skill as a pilot to get the tray to a table without spilling it. Then he deposited his blasters and datapad on the table and settled into a chair. He picked up his fork and started picking at his food.

While he ate and drank, he picked up his datapad and started checking for any messages. To his surprise, there was only one, and that was from Trevor. It was news telling him the squadron had gotten a new pilot, a transfer from Devil Squadron there aboard the Thanatos. The transfer pilot was to be in his flight as Nazgul 8. And he would need to be issued weapons from the spares the squadron had brought.

Well this is good and bad news. Good that I have a full flight, but bad that we're going into a possibly really hostile mission with a brand new wingman. At least I brought plenty of guns to issue to him

Turning the pad off, he turned full attention to getting the caf and breakfast down so he would be in some shape to fly.
XO/FL/2LT Rogue/Nazgul 2-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE / [MC1][VC:B][SWC](LoT) [=TE=]
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  2175
January 31, 2008 9:33:29 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora was still running through the hallways. He was drenched, having run a fair distance. Slowing to a stop, he looked around. It was then he realized he was lost. Sighing to himself, he pulled out his datapad. He hated getting lost.

Bringing up a map he tried to located his position. The map proved no use, and he put the datapad away. He turned around and began to walk back up the hall he had just jogged down. Closing his eyes every now and then, he tried to visualize the turns he had made. Retracing his steps both physically and mentally, he managed to find his way back to an intersection he recognized. To his left were the mess hall and his cabin, and to his right was an observation deck.

Figuring they had to be in hyperspace by now, Jegora thought he would go have a look off the observation deck. He had experienced hyperspace before, but it was still interesting to watch the swirl of colors that indicated the dimension known as Hyperspace.

Turning right and maintaining his walk he studied the ship. Little things, such as the shining metal floor, free of scuff marks and dust, indicated that the ship was still new. He passed several people in the halls, though, and he recognized the look of veterans. He could also pick out the ones on duty. The off-duty crewmen laughed and swaggered around. The crewmen on duty walked straight-backed and with a purpose, faces smooth with concentration. Jegora had to admire their discipline and dedication.

As he reached the observation deck, he realized that maybe he had complimented them too soon. The observation deck had ten to twenty people on it, all of them in casual dress. Most of the crew here were as orderly and friendly as those he had passed in the halls and in the mess area, but two men caught his eye right away.

They were wearing black pants and white shirts with some sort of squadron logo that Jegora didn’t recognize. That wasn’t what caught his eye, though. The two men were talking to a woman with red hair...and a Nazgul squadron patch. Jeg didn’t know what was going on, but the woman was shooting glares that would kill most people. He wasted no time. Pushing his way through the crowd he came up behind the two men, one of whom had backed the woman into a wall. The other was standing back a ways, but he made no attempt to stop his friend.

Jeg met her eye and froze. She was glaring at him. He didn’t understand why, but she was glaring at him. She shook her head slightly, and Jeg just blinked. Folding his arms in front of his chest he sat back on his heels, waiting to see what would happen. Turning his attention to the two men, he listened in while he assessed them.

“You stole our mission!” than man looming over the redhead exclaimed. Jegora focused on that one. He was shorter than Jeg by about three inches, about the same height as the woman. He was lean, almost gaunt. He didn’t look strong, but that didn’t deceive Jegora. He knew that this man was stronger than he appeared. His black hair hung uncombed from his head, almost to his shoulders. His clothes were wrinkled, and even from this distance Jeg could smell the booze.

The redhead didn’t respond, but she shot a glare at the man who had spoke. The man took an involuntary step back at the force of the woman’s gaze, and then scowled. Jegora smiled. He had no doubt that if they tried anything the woman would give them a run for their money.

The other man spoke, and Jegora refocused. “Easy there Mik,” he said to the man beside him. Jegora knew instantly that this man was an NCO. He was tall, almost Jegora’s height, and he had the look of someone who took his fitness seriously. His blond hair was cropped short, his clothes were unwrinkled, and if he had been drinking no one could tell. Jeg hoped that this one would stay out of it, if it came to a fight.

Scowling, the redhead spoke. “Steal your mission? Maybe if you guys were any good, they would have given it to you. Why do you think you’re all the way out here in the middle of nowhere on a ship that will barely hold your fighters?”

Jeg winced. He recognized the woman, but he couldn’t remember her name. What he could remember, however, was that she had a temper and a sharp tongue. If the former burst, then the latter would get her in trouble. Making a move towards the trio in order to stop the argument before it got out of hand, Jegora once again caught the redhead’s eye. She shook her head again, and Jegora barely contained a sigh. He stopped moving though. If the girl wanted to get herself into trouble, then let her get out of it.

The gaunt man’s face was red with rage now. He started to say something that he couldn’t quite get out. Jeg had no idea what he had been going to say, but he was pretty sure it didn’t end in a stream of words that were better left unsaid. Jegora actually had to grin at a couple of the combinations.

The grin quickly evaporated as the girl spoke again. “You pronounced one of the Mandoa’an words wrong,” she said with a grin.

Even the NCO’s face flushed with anger at that. But Jegora’s attention wasn’t on the NCO. His attention was on the gaunt man, who was now raising a hand to strike at the woman. The redhead didn’t give him a chance, though, and before Jeg could cross the open space she kneed the man in the groin. The air rushed out of the man’s lungs, and he fell to the ground, his face white.

The NCO took a step towards the girl, but Jegora laid a strong hand on his shoulder. “Now that wouldn’t be wise,” he said, his voice hard.

The man twisted to get a look at who would dare threaten him, and came face to face with Jegora. Jegora could see the fear in the man’s eyes quickly fade to uncertainty. He didn’t know Jegora, but he knew that the man was confident. Jegora had to work to keep the grin off his face. His confidence was all an act, but in most cases acting confident was as good as being confident.

“Why don’t you take your friend...Mik, I think you called him, and leave now,” Jegora said after a second. “He looks to be in some pain. Nasty trip, that.”

The man opened his mouth to protest, and then closed it. He glanced from the girl, who had now moved up behind him, back to Jegora and nodded tightly. Jeg released the man and he walked over and helped his friend to his feet, both of them staggering out of the observation deck.

Watching them until they were out of sight, Jegora turned back to the woman. She was glaring at him again. He would never understand women.

“What was that?” she said angrily.

Jegora kept his face smooth. “That was stopping a fight before it started, which it surely would have,” he explained.

The girl only scowled and stormed off towards the Nazgul cabins. Jeg shook his head. As he watched the girl retreat down the hall, a name popped into his head.

“Sanjii,” he said aloud.

His datapad beeped, and he shook his head. He took the personal computer off his belt and checked his messages. The message was from Trevor, ordering the Squadron back to the hangar in twenty minutes. Jeg grimaced. He wanted to shower before the mission. He quickly walked back to his room, hoping he had enough time.
Jegora Fal

FM/CPO Jegora Fal/Nazgul 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [MC1] [LoT]

Exitus acta probat
-The ends justify the means
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  774
Total Posts:  860
January 31, 2008 11:30:42 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor woke up with a mild pounding in his head. He hadn’t been drinking the night before, so he quickly eliminated the option of a hangover. He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes then ran a hand through his hair as he glanced around the darkened room. None of his roommates had woken up yet, although he didn’t blame them. A quick glance at the dim display of his chrono told him it was still fairly early, and they probably hadn’t gotten out of hyperspace yet. Scratch that, we definitely haven’t. If we had, they would have had someone here pounding on the door to get us all out there. Guess I’d better check how long it is till we show up. Trevor thought to himself with a yawn as he slid down from the top bunk.

Without bothering to put his boots or jacket back on, he opened the door to the cabin and quickly shielded his eyes from the bright lights of the hallway. He took a minute to straighten his shirt out before grabbing the nearest crewman by the sleeve, getting quite an odd look as he did so. “S’cuse me, do you know when we’re supposed to revert back to real space?” Trevor asked, waking up a little faster as he spoke. The crewman looked at his own chrono and did a few mental calculations before looking back up at Trevor and replying.

“We should be out in about two hours. Is that all?” Trevor nodded and released the sleeve of the crewman, then turned back into the cabin and quietly tiptoed across the floor and into the bathroom. When he had finished cleaning himself up and managed to grab a clean flight suit out of the drawer beneath his bunk, he slipped into it and grabbed his boots off the floor. He again hit the access to open the door and again raised a hand to block the light from his eyes, blinking them a few times in an attempt to make them stop hurting. He set the boots down on the floor and stepped into them, quickly kneeling to do each one up. When he had finished he glanced off in both directions of the hallway, doing his best to remember where the mess was.

He shrugged to himself and stood up, walking down the hallway in a random direction. Luck was with him this morning though, as he quickly found it not too far from their own cabin. The line-ups were still short, so he was able to quickly get a bottle of water and a plate of food. For some reason he didn’t feel too tempted to devour the food though, as he normally would have before a mission.

He was feeling uneasy, and despite what Darkhawk had told him the night before, he still had to contend with the fact that Tokijin wouldn’t be under his wing during this, and it’d be the first time she’d seen combat since she had taken her leave of absence from Nazgul. I’m just not sure how to feel about this one. She’ll be out there..but not out there with me. Sure, a few people will be doing their best to make sure she’s all right, but it’s not the same as in a fighter squadron. In Nazgul it’s a one-on-one ‘I’ve got your back’. Not a group of people who have to pay attention to everything onboard their own ship and hope they can help out those fighting with them. Oh well, Naval High Council knows best. Trevor thought to himself grumpily as he downed the last of his water bottle and dumped the rest of the food in a disposal unit. He hadn’t noticed Rogue sitting not too far off, obviously coping with a hangover.

Still got myself a while to kill. Maybe I should go over a few pre-checks of the fighter, make sure those Devil bastards haven’t messed around with them. Trevor thought to himself as he started towards the cramped primary hanger on board the Thanatos. It didn’t take him too long to find his way back there, and only took a moment to find his primary tech.

“Hey, Jones! C’mere a sec.” Trevor shouted to an average height man who was standing part way across the hanger and cleaning a tool off with a dirty rag. Despite his earnest attempt, he seemed only to be smudging the tool worse. At the sound of his name he tilted his head upwards slightly, then began slowly walking in the direction of Trevor, obviously in no rush.

“You should see the crap they give us to work with. I ask for a clean rag and they give me this. Looks like it just got dunked in a tank of oil waiting to be recycled.” Jones muttered, tossing the useless rag on the deck and staring down angrily at his smeared wrench. Trevor just grinned and looked up at the TIE.

“Is she in top shape?” Trevor asked, reaching up and touching a spot that looked as if it had been recently welded.

“Yes sir. That there though, we – well - I, installed a little extra something for you. Nothing major, just a system to overcharge either the weapons or engine systems. I know you can do that already, but this will give a boost of power beyond the maximum levels you can reach. Slightly dangerous if overused, but perfect for a quick escape.” Jones said, glancing up once more and noting the look of surprise on Trevor’s face. He shrugged again and glanced around at the rest of the fighters. “We had some pilots in here earlier today requesting to look at their TIE’s, but I guess they weren’t expecting you to bring your own tech crew. None of us recognized any of them and wouldn’t let them anywhere near the fighters.”

Trevor nodded his approval. Go figure, their commander tries to start a fight with me, then tries to sabotage our fighters. I’ll have to have a word with Darkhawk about this later. Trevor thought to himself quickly before replying to Jones. “Smart move. The other squadron in here doesn’t seem to be too fond of us. Thinks we’re stealing their mission or something along those lines. So I’m correct in assuming that everything will be good to go come an hour and fifteen minutes from now?”

Jones snapped a salute, despite the fact that most techs never would. Despite their respect to the pilots they worked for, and the respect they received in turn from their pilots, the relationships between techs and pilots were usually incredibly casual, often joking and never bothering with formalities. Jones was an exception, one that Trevor appreciated. He returned the salute and Jones spoke. “You can be sure of that. Every single one is in top shape, and no problems are anticipated. We’ve been running the computers over everything to make sure there are no system faults. If anything fails on them now, it’ll be mechanical or caused by use and abuse out in the field.”

Trevor nodded and slapped Jones on the shoulder with a grin, thanking him silently for a job well done. Jones had been Trevor’s personal technician almost his entire time in the navy. The two had developed a close friendship, and when Trevor wasn’t spending time with Toks or the squadron he was usually helping Jones with his ship or sharing a drink with the man. The trust they had built was fairly solid, and Trevor appreciated having a tech that knew exactly how to set up his fighter for anything.

He left the tech to cleaning his tools up and climbed one of the flimsy ladders into his fighter. It still smelled fresh, despite having the top open to the oily scent of the hanger for the past few hours. He quickly began taking the protective plastic off the monitors, a task he hadn’t bothered with earlier and one that Jones hadn’t worried too much about. When he had finished the he booted up everything and began going through the self diagnostics, triple checking everything that Jones had already been through twice. When his tests came up nothing but green lights, he smiled to himself. Jones, you know-it-all bastard. Of course nothing’s going to be wrong with my fighter. Trevor thought to himself with a smirk as he leaned back into the seat and let himself relax slightly.

He pulled his data pad out of his flight suit pocket and turned it on. After a moment to load, he quickly began typing out a message before checking off all the people in his squadron and hitting send. They weren’t scheduled to leave for another hour, but he wanted to give them a quick rundown of the plan once more, and then get everyone to go over their fighters real quick. I imagine by the time we’re done all that; It’ll be just about time to leave. He thought as he stretched out inside the cockpit, letting his eyes shut and allowing himself a short nap.

*** 20 Minutes Later ***

Trevor awoke to the sound of something being thrown against the transperisteel of his cockpit’s view port. He opened his eyes in time to see a wrench clatter to the floor and Rogue standing not too far away, waving at him. Trevor glanced around and noticed that the entire squadron was there, although most were already looking around at their fighters. He rubbed his face with his hand and pulled himself out of the fighter, almost slipping down the ladder as his foot missed a rung. He decided it would be safer to jump the rest of the way, making a graceful landing next to Rogue.

“Good to see that everyone decided to show up.” Trevor said loudly, attracting the attention of his pilots. They slowly began to gather around, and he waited until everyone had arrived in front of him before he continued. “As you all know by now, we’ll be reverting back to real space soon, and at the point It’ll be pretty much time to scramble. Viper is going to be headed to the surface and we’re going to be doing our best up here. Some of you missed our original planning session, but that’s not a big deal. We’ll make you fit in somehow. All I can say about that is that I hope you can handle a blaster.”

None of the new arrivals looked very shaken by this, and Trevor had to feel pretty confident about that. They were briefed well, I suppose. He thought to himself as he eyed each face, looking for signs of fear or overconfidence. Few were to be found. “I don’t have much more to say, aside from have a chat with your personal tech and get everything sorted out with your fighters. I want everyone strapped in within five minutes of us reverting to real space. The sooner we get into the sky, the less bad guys we have to fight on our way to the corvette.” Trevor said, dismissing the group with a wave and heading back to his own fighter. Time for a little more naptime.. He thought to himself as he climbed the ladder, setting his personal comm. unit to an extra high volume to make sure he’d wake up if anyone said anything to him.
SC/1LT/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC][EoT:EC][LoT]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
Still the VEN's #1 writer as of ESC `07

Clearly Canadian!
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  189
February 2, 2008 9:26:06 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
After Trevor's little "pep talk" the squadron members split up and each climbed into their own fighters. Before throwing the wrench at Trevor, he had taken the time to go over his fighters with his tech. To him, it was a good thing, they had brought their own techs from the Atrus with them. During breakfast, he had overheard some grumbling coming from a group at another table. From the grumbling, it sounded like they were part of the Thanatos on board fighter squadron, that had been bumped by Nazgul.

He reached his fighter and squatted down to check the Interceptor's cargo compartment. That was the other job he had taken care of this morning after breakfest. Using a pair of anti grav sleds, he and two of the crewman from their transport had taken the weapon bundles from the transport and delievered them to the fighters. All of the squadron's crew chiefs knew him by sight, so with the help of each crew chief, a weapon bundle was stored in the cargo compartment of each fighter. In all, each flight got several sets of 'trooper twos and flechette launchers, and one DC-17/F-3C set. Each fighter also got a set of grenades. The six satchel charges were also split up. Trevor and he each had two onboard, with Jeg and Rusty each carrying one. In actuality, Rusty would be the one carrying two once they were onboard the corvette. Max's flight didn't recieve any charges since they would be holding the hangar.

He doubled checked to make sure the charges were secure, and that the 'trooper two and the flechette launcher were strapped down. He had removed the grenades from his, and moved them to his flight suit pockets. Just in case he needed them sooner. With everything set to go, he closed the compartment and made sure it was secure. Then it was up the ladder, manipulate his body around and then down into the cockpit and into the pilot's couch. He settled into his couch, then took his time connecting all the straps and hoses. Each was important for keeping him secure and alive in deep space. Then he pulled on his special open faced helmet and connected it.

He activated the fighter's battery power, which was still on a feed through a line from the ship. Immeadiately, the countdown timer came to life. It was on its final legs. He had used up as much time as he could think of, so there was less than 10 minutes left on the count. He had it squenced to the ship's clock, so as it hit zero, the ship would be dropping out of hyperspace. A minute or so later, the fighters would launch. Trevor and One Flight first, then Rogue and Two flight, and finally Max and Three flight. The Devil squadron Tie fighters would be spotted for launch at the back of the hangar, just in the off chance they were needed. But keeping them at the back would make it easier for Nazgul and Viper to get back aboard.

It felt like forever, but the counter made its way down. At five minutes to go, he brought his fighter to life, and had the auxiliary power disconnected. Around him, the others were doing the same. At two minutes to go, Trevor came over the radio and called for a com check. Various reply came back including the basic "Nazgul 2 here" from Jeg, "Nazgul 11, holla holla" from G, and Rusty's untranslated bellow roar combination. By the time, all the preflight checklist checks were done, and the navigation systems online, the timer had hit zero. But thanks to the Interceptor's onboard compensator, Rogue didn't feel the ship drop out of hyperspace.

Instead all he saw was the timer counting up to the one minute mark and the hangar doors sliding open as it did. And he knew what Trevor was going to do. As soon as the doors were open wide enough for his Interceptor to fit through, up and out he went. Jeg followed on his tail. Three and Four went, which cleared the way for Rogue, and he lifted the fighter up on repulserlifts, then slammed the throttle forward. He shot forward and out of the hangar. Crimson was a little slower launching, but Rusty came out like a demon, complete with roaring. His new pilot, Mel, followed out with the precision of someone who had flown off the strike cruiser plenty of times. Max's flight followed on the own timing.

The squadron formed up, each flight in a diamond formation, one after the other like a lance, designed to punch through and penetrate, causing massive damage. Rogue couldn't help but take a look out the viewports to confirm the lights on the sensor board. The independent paint jobs on Nazgul's fighters made them look mercenaries, but the fact they were all Interceptors kind of gave it away that they were from somesort of navy. Only Eight's Devil Squadron colors looked semi-official.

Also around them, the corvettes of the Task Force were forming up to screen the Thanatos and engage the enemy's ships. His sensors showed several ships out there, but only one was bigger than a corvette. From the electromagnetic signature at this range, it was some sort of frigate. But the Thanatos could take of it.

Finally, he picked up the beacon of Riel's corvette. It was still broadcasting a friendly ID code. One blue blip behind a bunch of red ones.

"Five to Squadron, Got a lot on our target." he radioed to the others.

But suddenly, more blips started erupting from the "frigate" sized blip. Only certain types of blips moved that fast, enemy starfighters.

"Be advised. Pirate fighters are launching." he called out.
XO/FL/2LT Rogue/Nazgul 2-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE / [MC1][VC:B][SWC](LoT) (=ME=)
Gshlecc
ComNet n00b

Gshlecc

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  23
February 2, 2008 11:03:26 PM    View the profile of Gshlecc 
Trevor finished up the preflight rah-rah and everyone scrambled.  G dropped into his newly painted TIE and scanned the instrument panel.  All the readings posted 5x5.  He reached back for his Pilot Pack.  Opening it he saw his Flechette pistol, his D-18, A280 and the Thermal Detonator.  The Flechette and the D-18 would definitely come in handy. The A280 Armor Piercing might be a little too much for this trip, but you never know. The Detonator would only be used as a last resort.

Hopefully, I won’t have to use this as a suicide weapon.  It sure would suck to get killed on my first mission.

He closed the pack, and turned to his final checklists.  Over his com G could hear the others calling off their readiness. 

“Nazgul 2 here.” reported Jeg.

“Grrroowwwwllbarrrk!” roared Rusty (or something like that.)

It finally reached him, and the first thing he thought popped out, “Nazgul 11, holla, holla.”

Holla, holla. What the Crimson Hells was that.  Damn nerves.

Embarrassed he prepared for launch.  He saw the Status Lights indicate the return to normal space.  Seconds later the launch bay door started to slide open.

Trevor waited for the minimum clearance and launched.  One by one the fighters slid out of the Strike Cruiser.  Flight 1 took the lead, forming the head of the spear. Then Flight 2 dropped in and finally Flight 3.  G’shlecc took his position as the starboard wing of the Flight’s diamond.  G checked his scope, and saw Nazgul’s formation heading away from the maneuvering Task Force.  He saw the oncoming Enemy, and behind them the objective: the Commodore’s Corvette.  Then he saw them.  The reason he joined the Navy.  The reason he gave up his soft desk job to come out here:  Pirate fighters.

"Five to Squadron, Got a lot on our target." Reported Rogue.  "Be advised. Pirate fighters are launching."

No Shit!
  They were coming in hot and fast. G slammed his throttle forward to match the rest of the Flight.  The distance was closing fast.  The cockpit became eerily quiet and space seemed to slow outside the plaz.  His focus sharpened, his breathing slowed and he smiled. 

“TALLY HO!” he exclaimed as the first Bogey dived at him.  It was on.
LCRW Gshlecc Atrasin/Nazgul 3-11/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/[=A=]

Vacuus Ordo , Nex
                      -Without Order, Death
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 2, 2008 11:08:14 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 2, 2008 11:10:45 PM)]
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  38
February 3, 2008 11:21:20 AM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
Lams checked on her radar screen and gasps, there was a few fast things. "Breaker breaker this is Nazgul 10, can you hear me? over" she smirked as this was gonna be a blast. Lams She thought to herself, the others answered after she popped out with that.

Let's blast these assholes out of the sky! She was ready and willing to blast these idiots coming towards them out to the outer planets and beyond.

One came towards her and she flipped up the target joystick and smiled thinking to herself. heh heh heh this bastard didn't see me coming i don't think!

She aims and fires, blasting a green and blue energy out of her ship and watching with satisfaction as the other ship, A pirate one no less! Blew up, "Nazgul 10's got one bogey now. Over"

She smiles some as the others answered her with cheers. When suddenly her ship got hit by fire from one of the enemy ships. "Son of a bitch! Nazgul 10 is hit!" She gasps a bit and did the only thing she could do, The Barrelroll.

"I'm coming towards one of you guys in Nazgul, Got that? Don't move! Over" Nazgul 11 would answer right back. "Are you alright Nazgul 10? I see a hole in your wing stay beside me. Over"

Lamel sneaks behind G's ship and stays there. "I think so Nazgul 11, though i think i am hurt somewhat, i don't know where however. Over"

Lamel tries to lift her arm only to find she couldn't and it hurt to do so. "Nazgul 11, i think my left arm is hurt. Over"

[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 3, 2008 12:19:16 AM)]
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  89
February 3, 2008 3:09:55 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
“Be advised. Pirate fighters are launching,” Rogue said over the radio. Jegora checked his radar and saw multiple fast moving blips. Great, he thought, I knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as command said.

Throttling up to attack speed with the rest of his squadron, Jeg tried to get a visual on the enemies. They were still a few kilometers off, but they would soon be in visual range. He checked his radar again. Now that the enemy fighters were closer, his radar could make out the profiles.

Flipping on his comm. unit he radioed the rest of the squadron. “Squadron, be advised. We have approximately five Headhunter-type profiles, and four Cloakshape-type profiles.”

“Roger that, two,” Trevor responded. “Alright boys and girls, spread out the formation. Let’s punch a hole through these antiques.”

The squadron kept its relative formation, but the pilots spread out slightly. This would make the individual TIE’s harder to hit, and would provide them a wider fire lane. Jeg easily manipulated his controls, causing his Interceptor to move off Trevor’s wing. When that was done, he checked his radar again.

The hostile fighters were closing fast now. Jeg had to grin. His radar only showed nine old fighters. It would be relatively simple for Nazgul to punch through the ragtag squadron and board the target. Flipping a switch, Jegora brought his weapons online. He then picked a target, a Headhunter near the front of the pack.

A few more seconds and Trevor broke in over the radio. “Bogeys in range. Open fire.”

Jeg immediately depressed his fire button, along with the rest of his squadron. Green lasers lanced out from the TIE’s. All of the Imperial pilots had their lasers set to single fire mode, which meant the space between the TIE’s and the pirate ships was quickly filled with lasers. Jeg tried to keep track of the enemy fighters that went down. He saw Trevor blow up a headhunter, and the fighter Jegora himself had been shooting at spun off, one of its wings missing.

That was all he saw before he was through the enemy fighters. He slowed down, maintaining formation, while the rest of the squadron broke through the hostile fighters. He took a count of red blips, and saw only 4 remaining.  Three had Headhunter profiles, and one was a Cloakshape.

“Keep moving. We have to reach that freighter,” Trevor said.

Jeg hit his throttle to keep pace with Trevor. All of a sudden he heard a giant roar. It took him a minute to realize it was the wookie....Rusty, Jeg though his name was. He saw one of the Interceptors break formation and pull a sharp turn back towards the remaining enemy fighters.

Suddenly Rogue’s voice broke in over the comm. “Rusty, get back in formation!”

It was no use. Either the wookie was ignoring him, or he had simply turned his comm. unit off. Either way, he was still heading for the pirates. The pirates themselves were slow to react to a lone fighter, but soon they were moving in for the kill. Jegora had no doubt that in the four-on-one situation, Rusty would be in trouble.

Jegora didn’t know what to do. His instincts were to go help his squadron mate, but the mission hinged on the squadron reaching Riel’s ship, and now was the best chance they were going to get. It wasn’t Jeg’s decision, though, and all he could do was wait for Trevor to make a move.

After a few second of torn silence, Trevor’s voice rang out. “Nazguls, on me,” he said. With that he pulled a tight loop, the squadron following him. They were now flying towards the four remaining pirate fighters, and Rusty.
Jegora Fal

FM/CPO Jegora Fal/Nazgul 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [MC1] [LoT]

Exitus acta probat
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  39
February 3, 2008 4:21:44 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
Must...get...to...the...ship! Lamel thought to herself as she followed close behind G's T.I.E. fighter,

She was hurting so bad but she mustn't focus on the pain now. And flying the ship with one arm was hard to do, She guns the throttle and catches up with them.

Lamel barrel rolls to avoid anymore fire and suddenly she lands upon the ship as she looks to Trevor and mouths silently, "Now what are we supposed to do here?" She grins at G as she takes out her blaster

"Alright! anymore bastards coming towards us?"

"Yes there are more of them, Hundreds more of them! We can't possibly hold them off!" One of the pirates comes towards her and she grabs the man in a choke hold with her uninjured arm, thus effectively disabling him.

"Tell us where we can find our comrade!" The man starts to struggle and she kicks him. "Enough, i said where is he?!" The man stopped struggling as she took out a pill and stuffed it down his throat. "If you don't respond within five minutes the pill will make you sleepy." 

"Or kill you one of the two." G said as he watched Lamel tormenting the pirate. Lams smirked as the guy gasps out a name. "Okay take him into a cell somewhere, we will deal with him in a bit."

Lams watches with some remorse as the pirate is hauled off, but she kicks the next one which comes towards her. With a *CRACK POP* the man's neck is broken and he can't rise.

Lams then nods and calls out over her comm. unit "This sector seems to be all clear but I'll have to have Trevor check it for more pirates, Nazgul 10 Over And Out."

"Bitches like you shouldn't really play like this at all and you are a little girl who is playing with big guns." Came a male voice from behind Lamel as she turned a shot was fired by her head.

"Oh yeah? I think I should be playing with guns as I am a big enough girl." She ducks, knocking the gun out of the man's grip. She kicks him in the face as he brings up his knee and tries to get her in a leg grip of some kind but fails as she shoots him in the temple after bringing up her blaster and aiming for his face.

She however didn't kill him and threw him to G who would smirk and gave a look to her like, I'll take care of him Lams

She smiled and had very little to no pity for the poor bastard whose ship would soon blow up. There was some remorse on her face as she beat feet to the hanger. "This is Nazgul 10 coming towards you guys. Over"

She glances back to make sure G was coming towards the group and he was as well as she being the leading crewman.

She speaks to Trevor "I'm back of course, now what to do sir?" Trevor speaks back and turns giving a few orders to them to move and move fast.

Nazgul 3-10/LCRW Lamel Evas/[=A=]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 4, 2008 11:25:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 5, 2008 12:13:17 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 6, 2008 12:45:12 AM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  778
February 3, 2008 11:56:54 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor shook his head to himself as Rusty launched off in the direction they had just come from. The decision took him a few minutes to get completely sorted out in his head, but once it was made, he knew it was what they had to do. Can’t leave a squad mate behind, even if it means risking more lives. Which is a stupid philosophy but whatever. Trevor thought to himself with a frown as he gave the order for everyone to follow him back into battle. The original plan was to get aboard the corvette as soon as possible and avoid any hostile fighters outside the safety of the hanger, but the galaxy never seemed to want to coordinate with Trevor.

Luckily, it wasn’t working on the side of the pirates either. Four against a whole squadron was not good odds at all. Although Nazgul has pulled it off, in a sim..This is real life, and these guys know they can die. Trevor thought as they got a little closer. His thinking proved right on as two of the fighters broke off, heading back towards the safety of some of their own ships. The final two were brave, but this was one of the times that bravery was just another word for stupid.

Rusty fired off the first shots at the two fighters, who returned his actions with a barrage of their own. The front shields of the Nazgul fighters were peppered, but no serious damage was the result. With most of the pilots taking this as an invitation to kill, the space between Trevor’s pilots and those of the pirate forces was quickly filled with green once more, a curtain that was lifted when two explosions had appeared and quickly faded.

“Everyone, get on board that corvette now! No more of this stupidity, got that, Rusty?” Trevor asked, the annoyance in his voice evident. The pilot had taken his opportunity to be flashy and had caused himself and the rest of the squadron to be put in danger. A quick roar by Rusty, one that Trevor couldn’t identify as angry or annoyed followed his last comm. message. Trevor shook his head, “I can’t have my pilots being risked like that. I don’t care what your reasons were; we would have made it to the corvette just fine. Now everyone, back in formation. Let’s get this done.”

The words made enough of an impression on the pilots that he didn’t even get any objective roars from Rusty. The pilots formed back into their flights and headed back in the direction of Riel’s corvette, an object that seemed to be so close yet so far all at the same time. The space around them was now beginning to be filled with blasts from the other corvette’s anti-fighter guns, but they were at a range where it was pretty ineffective. A few would glance off the shields, but by the time they did that the energy carried by them had weakened and they merely knocked the shields down a percentage point or two.

“Ok, here’s the deal. The bay has the same type of magnetic fielding that the Star Destroyers use to hold air and pressure in. It’s nothing more then simply slipping through the field with your fighter. Once you’re through, touch down as far from the door as possible and grab your weapons. We’re going in and they know we’re on our way.” Rogue warned, shifting in his seat slightly so he could access his weaponry that much easier. Trevor nodded to himself as he undid a few of the belts that held him to the seat. They’d be entering fast which meant tons of danger from being hit from the back or plowing into the hanger wall, but he wasn’t planning on getting hit.

“I’m going in first, hopefully some of them go down as I fly in. Feel free to aim for people as you land, they’re going to be firing at us as we enter.” Trevor mentioned as he approached the hanger and cut his speed slightly. He could see a group of pirate standing beyond the magnetic screen, weapons ready. He didn’t bat an eye as he burst through the fielding and applied the airbrakes hard, his shields lighting up with fire from the pirate’s small arms.

A few of them dove out of the way as Trevor’s ship came howling through the field, but one wasn’t fast enough, getting speared by a laser cannon. Trevor’s TIE made a slight crunching noise as the wingtips contacted the durasteel hanger bulkhead, and heard a slightly sickening scream as he cut his engines and repulsors and the TIE dropped hard to the floor, crushing another pirate under one of the wings. Trevor shook his head as he twisted in his seat and grabbed for the weapons, preferring his own blaster pistol at the moment. His shields were still up and all the rector’s energy was being directed to them, so now it was just a matter of waiting until the rest of his pilots had landed. He began to prepare himself, ignoring the cries of pain from the pirate who had been impaled by his wingtip cannon.

“It’s going to be a tight squeeze for everyone, and no one leave your fighter until we’re all here. They’ve got some four men left in here, so we’ll have to all show up at once and pray they are terrible shots.” Trevor explained as he shoved a grenade into his pocket and placed the two satchel charges in a large backpack, alongside a few ammunition clips and some of their other supplies. He got a few verbal confirmations of his orders and sat back, staring through his rear view port and praying that the other fighters could stop faster then he could.

He noticed that Jeg was through next, who pulled off a near perfect high-speed landing, the only thing stopping him from scoring a ten out of ten was the fact that he crashed lightly into through a series of work benches with one wing. IronWeasle was next, his fighter dropping to the floor far too early and skidding sideways across the hanger, slamming loudly into the wall not too far from where Trevor was. Trevor winced as he saw a few of the solar panels fall to the floor, but knew that it was mostly cosmetic damage.

The next few landings went off decently, until it was Rogue’s turn. Trevor knew that of all the pilots there, Rogue was probably one of the most experienced, but he was soon reminded that all pilots could make mistakes. Rogue entered the hanger and slowed down to a respectable speed, but didn’t slow down quite far enough. When he cut power to everything, his ship dropped to the floor and skidded right at the back of Trevor’s. Trevor realized in the split second that what was going to happen probably wouldn’t end well, and threw himself back into the seat. He was frantically trying to get his seatbelts done up when he realized that he should have already been hit.

Slowly turning around, he looked through his rear view port and breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed Rogue’s wingtips a few inches away from his own wings. He threw an arm up in the air and Rogue shrugged back.

“Sorry boss.” He laughed over the comm., visually relaxing in his seat for a second. “Damn near crappy myself too, so don’t worry. Almost everyone is in now, by the way.” Rogue said, and Trevor glanced around. According to his visual inspection, all the fighters were now sitting in the hanger, pretty closely packed together. He could only see one more pirate left standing, but that didn’t mean there weren’t more.

“Everyone do a quick visual, and confirm that the only pirate left is the one having a little bit of a freak out between Nazgul Five and Nazgul Eight.” Trevor said over the comm. as he took his helmet off and set it aside, drawing his blaster and making sure the safety was off.

“That’s the only one I can see.”

“I’ve got no one else, although I think I crushed one when I landed.” Someone else said over the comm., a voice Trevor didn’t place in time.

“I nailed two of them. The bastards were diving out of Mel’s way and I got both of them.” Crimson said, a slight tone of disgust in his voice.

“Sounds good to me. That means he’s the only one left standing. On three, everyone pop the hatches and aim at him. We might be able to get him to surrender.” Trevor said, knowing the idea probably wouldn’t work, but also knowing someone faced with four or five people would be more likely to shoot out of panic and miss completely. As Trevor began counting, he saw Rogue lift his hand to the top hatch and undo it. Trevor did the same to his own, and when he reached three he slammed it open and stood up on his seat, blaster pistol pointed at the pirate. Six of the other Nazgul pilots who were in positions to shoot at him did the same thing, and Trevor grinned when the pilot jumped and almost dropped his weapon.

“We’re Nazgul squadron, from the VEN.” Trevor announced, glaring down at the pirate. “Surrender an-“ He started, but was cut off by a blaster bolt. The pirate crumpled to the floor and Trevor quickly looked around for the source. Rusty was holding his bowcaster to his shoulder and when he realized Trevor had spotted him, merely shrugged and let out a soft roar. Trevor shook his head but smiled, then grabbed his helmet off his seat. Sticking it near his face so that the comm. could pick up his voice, he gave some more orders. “All right, everyone. Out of your fighters, lets get our bearings and go.”
SC/1LT/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC][EoT:EC][LoT]

Clearly Canadian!
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  193
February 5, 2008 9:36:53 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Once he was out of his 'ceptor and the immediately area, meaning the crowded hangar, was secured, Rogue racked his right blaster back into his holster. He reached back into the fighter and retrieved his other weapons and assualt gear, before dropping to the deck. He pulled the black armor on, buckled it down, then shrugged on the harness. It was another Rebel type piece of equipment, but it worked for him.

Kind of a cliche really. Imperial Storm Trooper chest armor, and a Rebel gear harness.

The harness contained the extra cartridges for his flechette gun, power packs for the 'trooper two carbine and his Dl-44's, as well as his grenades. The satchel charges were in a small rucksack that also went on his back. He slung the 'trooper two over one shoulder and kept the FC-1 in hand. Crimson had made it out of his fighter, as did Mel. Rusty, he couldn't see, but he heard a roar from the door.

Since Mel's fighter was his Devil Squadron one, it was the one he hadnt't been able to get to. So he unslung his Stormtrooper Two carbine and passed it to Mel.

"Here. I wasn't able to access to your fighter to put extra weapons onboard. I won't need it." Rogue explained.

Mel took the weapon and nodded, looking like he knew he was around it as he checked its settings and power cell. Rogue lead the two men toward the sound of Rusty's roar, and he found Rusty waiting with Trevor and his flight at the main door out of the hangar. Max and his flight were setting up ambush positions just inside the door.

"If I remember the deck planes right, we all go left for a short bit, then I spilt off and go starboard while you go straight ahead." Rogue verbally confirmed with Trevor.

"What about the service coridor?" Trevor asked.

"It bottles up too much for my tastes. But its a backup route. Keep in touch." Rogue said.

"You too." Trevor replied.

Rogue turned to look at Jeg who had the backup charge for the engine room.

"Jeg, swap charges with me." Rogue ordered.

"What, Why?" Jeg asked in his high voice.

"Because you only have one charge and I have two. And your gonna be more likely to need them in the engine room than we will on the bridge." Rogue explained.

Rogue slipped off his pack and removed one of his charges from his pack. Jeg slipped his ofF and opened his pack as well. Rogue slipped his charge into Jeg's pack and closed his, before slipping it on.

"Rusty, lead the way!" Rogue ordered.

The walking carpet lead the way with his bowcaster at the ready. Rogue followed with Crimson and Mel behind him. Trevor and his flight followed behind them.  With Rusty leading the way, two things might happen to any opposition they came across. Either they would be tipped off by his roaring or they would be scared off of their wits and run.

And the both happened at the first opposition. Rusty let out a deafening roar as he opened fire, and Rogue joined in. Between the bowcaster's bolts and Rogue's flechettes, the four pirates went down fast.  No one else opposed them before they reached the split point and Rogue nodded to Trevor as the two flights split up. Trevor's headed down the corridor and Rogue's headed toward the bridge.

Why isn't there more opposition?  Smells like a trap.
XO/FL/2LT Rogue/Nazgul 2-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE / [MC1][VC:B][SWC](LoT) (=ME=)
Gshlecc
ComNet n00b

Gshlecc

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  24
February 7, 2008 9:42:45 PM    View the profile of Gshlecc 
“TALLY HO!” he exclaimed as the first Bogey dived at him.  It was on.

The Bogeys consisted of 5 ancient Headhunters and 4 Cloakshapes.  Nine against 12 would normally be decent odds, but their 9 were old when the Death Star was built, and Nazgul’s 12 were TIE Interceptors.  In other words, game over.  If he had been sitting outside his ship and above the battle, G would have seen 12 very deadly -motley-looking-  ships knifing toward 9 flying antiques.  He almost felt sorry for the pirates, almost. 

“Bogeys in range. Open fire.” Trevor’s voice rang out from the com.

Twelve TIE’s opened up at once.  The void was cut by ribbons of green energy. For some this was the last thing they’d ever see, for G’shlecc it was prettiest sight he’d ever seen.  The shots laced out and caught 5 of the incoming pirates – giving them a one-way ticket to the Crimson Hells.  Jeg and Trevor each racked up a Z. Lams and Mel each got a Cloakshape.  G watched as his turbolasers reached out and turned a museum-quality Cloakshape into salvage yard-quality debris. 
                  Like a hot knife thru Blue Milk Butter!
  The remaining Bogeys turned tail.  Their bravado became as antiquated as their ships.

“Keep moving. We have to reach that freighter,” Trevor said.

Suddenly, the unmistakable roar of a Wookiee filled his cockpit.  G looked out the viewport and saw Nazgul 7 break formation and pursue the remaining pirates. 
                    What is that damn Wookiee doing?
  “Rusty, get back in formation!” the pilot known as Rogue snapped.

It was useless.  G knew that once a Wook got his blood up you couldn’t stop him, you could only hope to contain him.  The Wookies TIE grew smaller as it continued to chase the fleeing bandits. 

“Nazguls, on me,” barked Trevor. 

The anger in his voice was easily discernible.  Nazgul 1 broke hard right and laid in a pursuit angle.  The rest of the squadron followed suit.  Two of the four fighters turned to face the oncoming TIE’s.  The smarter ones kept going.  They opened up with a barrage of laser fire that, for the most part, bounced harmlessly off the Wookiees shields.  This seemed to be an unspoken signal for shortly thereafter Nazgul opened up.  No one could tell who got the two, but got they were.  Trevor’s voice ripped across the Com.  G had never actually heard someone bitch out a Wookiee before, but there are firsts for everything.  The squadron didn’t respond to Trevs’ blast – it didn’t need to.  Nazgul turned and headed for the corvette. 

G didn’t see the shot that nailed Lams, but he heard it. 

"Son of a bitch!” Lams exclaimed.  G turned and saw the damage to her starboard solar panel.

"Are you alright Nazgul 10?  I see a hole in your wing.  Stay beside me.  Over.” Said G’shlecc.

Lams reported back that she’d been somewhat injured.  G settled his TIE in on her starboard wing and nursed her to the corvette.  By the time he and Lams arrived Trevor, Rogue, the Wookiee, and the new guy had already landed.  He throttled back and angled his ship into the launch bay.  He could already see the others tucked in the cramped space.  A few bodies littered the floor, and one hung precariously from one of Evenson’s port lasers.  Everyone still had their shields up so the remaining defenders shot ricocheted harmlessly.  Atrasin jockeyed his craft into a space on the port side of the hanger, and set down.  As soon as he heard the clang of metal on metal he slid off his helm and watched Lams coax her punctured ship next to his.  Her landing was ragged. 
                  Not gonna win any awards for that.
  One by one the rest of Nazgul landed and filled the hanger.  G looked out at Lams and gave thumbs up in question.  She answered it, slowly.  Seeing the affirmative he turned in his seat and grabbed his pilot pack.  He quickly pulled out the blaster, Flechette pistol, and rifle.  He stripped off his flying harness and gloves, grabbed his double shoulder holsters, and strapped’em on.  He squirmed a bit for comfort.  The arms adjusted themselves and felt comfortable.  He snatched up the Blaster Rifle and flipped the safety. 
                              Locked and loaded.
Trevor’s voice crackled over the com. “Everyone do a quick visual, and confirm that the only pirate left is the one having a little bit of a freak out between Nazgul Five and Nazgul Eight.”

G eyed the landing bay and said, “That’s the only one I can see.”

Two more reports dropped in, and Evenson came back with a plan.  As he began counting G reached up for the hatch release with his left hand as he held the rifle in his right.  On three he popped up with the rest of Nazgul, and leveled his rifle at the lone surviving pirate.  The man twitched and G could swear he saw a patch of wetness forming between his legs as a half dozen barrels pointed at the man. 

“We’re Nazgul squadron, from the VEN.” Trevor announced.  “Surrender an-“

Trevor was cut short by the report of a Wookiee Bowcaster.  The pirate crumpled to the deck.  Evenson looked at the Wookiee, the Wookie looked back.  G could swear he saw a wry smile cross his Lieutenant’s face for the briefest of moments.

“All right, everyone. Out of your fighters, lets get our bearings and go.”

Atrasin slid down from his fighter and ran over to Lams’.  She hit the floor as he arrived.  He immediately noticed that she was cradling her right arm. 

“Are you OK?” he asked. 

“Yeah, it’s just a flesh wound.  I feel kinda stupid.  Sorry for freaking out.”  She said as she toed the deck plates sheepishly.

“Don’t sweat it. It happens to all of us. Hell, if I ever get shot I’ll probably cry like a baby.” he said in a reassuring tone.  “Let’s get going.”

They ran over to Max’s ship as he was pulling out another Blaster rifle. 

“OK, here’s the situation, Flight’s 1 and 3 are going to go get the Commodore, we are staying put to make sure the back door remains open.” stated Max.  “Lams, I want you and…what the hell is your name?” he asked with a confused look on his face. 

“Atrasin, G’shlecc Atrasin” he replied.

“OK, you and Atrasin here to set up some of those cargo pods as cover and get a good bead on that entrance.  I’m gonna set up over here and establish a crossfire. Got it?” he barked

Lams nodded.  G nodded as well and they headed to their position.  G noticed the wince of pain that crossed Lams’ face as she strode across the deck.  He reached into one of his flight suit pockets and pulled out a couple of doses of Fir-Queline, to speed healing, and Helosine for pain.  He handed them to her. She initially declined, but a spike of pain made her reconsider.  The Helosine worked fast, and she was able to move her arm in a somewhat normal fashion.  The pods were set up, and the ammo laid out for ease of reload.  The rest of the Squad headed out.  Max looked over and gave a thumbs up.  G returned it and they began to wait. 

Lams looked over at him and said, “Thanks for sticking on my wing.” The gratitude and fear mixed easily on her face.

“Hey, that’s what wingmen do.” He replied. He smiled at her, turned his attention back to the entrance, and hoped aginst hope that this would be as exciting as it got all day.

Vacuus Ordo , Nex
                      -Without Order, Death
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 7, 2008 11:44:15 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 7, 2008 11:49:17 PM)]
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  90
February 9, 2008 4:53:28 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora pulled the equipment out of his TIE and began to strap it on. First went the utility belt. His DC-15s blaster pistol hung on his along with his Treppus-2 Vibroknife. Next went on the harness for the CZ-28 Flamestrike. The harness held two canisters of compressed fuel for the carbine, along with the satchel charges Rogue had given him. The firing apparatus itself also hung on a specialized strap from his utility belt. Next to his knife were magazines for his primary weapon, the DC-17 rifle.

After he had everything attached to his belt, and after he was sure he wouldn’t fall over, he picked up the DC-17. He had undergone a brief – a very brief – training session with the DC-17, and he was confident he wouldn’t shoot his own foot off. He just wasn’t sure he could hit anything he pointed at. Supposedly the weapon could be modified for various tasks, including sniping and anti-armor use. Jegora was fairly sure neither would be much use on the ship, and he was very sure that he couldn’t modify the weapon without an instruction manual and an hour to work.

Checking the magazine on the rifle one last time, he rested it over his shoulder and turned back to his squadron. Trevor, Nell, and Iron were standing off to one side, all three armed with Flechette pistols and Stormtrooper2 Carbines. Jegora was envious. He had though it would be neat to carry the heavy weapons, but now that he was being weighed down, the idea wasn’t so appealing.

As he approached his three wing mates, he had to suppress an urge to swear loudly. Trevor was grinning at him, Nell was trying not to laugh, and Iron...well, Jeg rarely knew what Iron was thinking. But he could guess.

“Ready to move?” Trevor asked, still grinning.

Jeg simply grunted. If he opened his mouth now, even his considerable self control might not keep him from saying something he would regret later.

Not waiting for his squadron mates, Jeg took off down the hallway. As much as he tried to keep his emotions in check, the oddest things sometimes set them off. This was one of them.

He was still walking when Trevor’s voice rang out. “Er....Jeg?” he said tentatively. “That’s the wrong hall.”
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Mellainius
ComNet n00b

Mellainius

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  79
February 10, 2008 8:23:32 PM    View the profile of Mellainius 
Mel Krasznius walked as his knees were bent. He held his blaster near his face, and lined up with his eyes.

Where are those kriffing pirates? Mel asked himself in his mind as he turned the corner. Watch out! yelled Rogue. A few feet away, a bright light bursted on the metal wall. Fecks! Mel cursed as he returned at the pirate, who revealed himself after jumping from the recoil of the blaster. Rogue returned fire with his weapon, but both Mel and him failed in getting a shot on the running pirate.

They lost sight of him as he retreated into a small corridor leading from the bridge.

Mel whispered, I'm starting to get annoyed by this fodder. The two men inched towards the entrance, but remained cautious in each step. However, they stopped a few feet away. Wait a minute. Where's Rusty? Mel asked, not taking his view away from the corridor entrance. Rogue shrugged and said We should go back for him. However, as if it was a sign for him to show up, Rusty's roar was heard throughout the room. Mel laughed. What's so funny? Rogue questioned. That roar came from the corridor that pirate just ran into. It looks like our friend got there before us.

How did a wookiee manage to be so quiet and get over there? Rogue asked curiously. Don't underestimate a wookiee, my friend. I've seen plenty a skilled one. The men walked towards the corridor. As sure as the death of Palpatine, there was Rusty, standing over the ripped remnants of what used to be a pirate. Rusty ignored the gore and walked towards the two VEN members with what appeared to be a grin. Well, I'm guessing there isn't too many of these left. Rogue remarked. Let's hope not, Mel said, These guys aren't deserving of the cheap shots they've made.
"Twice the pride, double the fall!" -Darth Tyranus

[TRN]/[CRW][Mel Krasznius] [Nazgul 8]/[Wing 1]/[]/[]/VEN/VE
(=A=)
[This message has been edited by Mellainius (edited February 10, 2008 8:24:15 PM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  780
February 12, 2008 9:38:03 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
OOC:
Ignore what Rogue said about Flight’s One and Two going opposite ways, we’re both headed to the bridge together. He made a little typo :P. Flight Three, feel free to have some combat in the hanger, after all, they’re going to try and take it back.

Trevor was following Rogue’s group down the hallway towards the bridge, mostly unobstructed. This didn’t exactly sit right with him, and he held his pistol in a ready position. Apparently he wasn’t the only one, Rogue was moving forward slowly and doing his best to peek around every corner. “Trev, do you think we should have seen them by now? I mean, this is the third hallway towards the bridge..” Rogue said, trailing off as he spotted movement around one corner. He waved Trevor forward and stepped out of the way, allowing Trevor to take his turn to look.

“Shit.” Trevor cursed under his breath as he peered around the corner. He spotted 12 pirates sitting behind a bunch of overturned desks and tables, with a repeating blaster cannon set up in the middle of their bunker, waiting for the two flights of Nazgul Squadron. Trevor cursed again and looked back at Rogue, talking very quietly. “What do you think, chuck a few detonators their way and open up after the fireworks?”

Rogue shrugged and took another look around the corner. “We might be able to lob a few that far. If we could get one to hit right around that mounted gun it’d even our chances a lot.” He whispered back, grabbing a detonator and arming it. Trevor returned the action by pulling his own detonator out of his pocket and arming it. Rusty caught on pretty quick and had one of his own out, all three pilots ready to go. “Everyone else say back until you hear these go off, then run out shooting.” Rogue ordered, then turned back to Trevor who held up three fingers. He quickly dropped all three and the three pilots jumped out around the corner, each hefting their grenade down the hall.

Trevor released his detonator first and hit the deck to avoid some of the red blaster bolts that flew in his direction. The detonator bounced off one of the tables and exploded behind the group of pirates, killing one who had been standing farther back but just knocking most of them off their feet. Deafening them temporarily was another added bonus. Rusty’s flew straight towards the gun but feel short and came to a stop against a table before exploding and sending that table flying backwards, as well as knocking over the rest of the bunker. Rogue’s was a finisher, landing right on target and destroying the tipped over repeater, taking out at least four more pirates with the blast alone. The shrapnel wounded a few, and those that hadn’t been knocked down were quickly cleared by the rest of Flight One and Two’s blaster fire.

The pirates hadn’t gone down without a fight though. Those who had managed to recover quickly enough from the attack before getting cut down had got off their own shots, most of which flew wildly, not contacting any of the Nazgul pilots. Some did get lucky though, and two of the bolts contacted IronWeasle in the leg, one directly on his knee and the other just above it. He crumpled to the floor with a shout of pain, and a moment later the hallway was quiet except for the hiss from a broken steam pipe protruding from the wall where the detonators had gone off, and the groans of pain from Iron.

“Someone give him a hand, I’m going to run up and check if there’s anything else up there. Jeg, you come with me. I’m sure that if anyone else aboard heard that they’re going to come running, cannons blazing.” Trevor said, waving for Jeg to follow him and dashing off up the hall. They slowed as they approached the destroyed bodies of the pirates, a few of whom looked exceptionally young, while others looked as though they’d been at this pirating thing for more then twenty years. Most of the weapons had been destroyed by the blasts, but Trevor and Jeg were quickly able to salvage a few different rifles and ammo clips. Jeg checked inside the two rooms that were off to the side of the former bunker and found them to be empty of anything useful.

“That one has a couch and a few chairs in it, and that one of there had ammo racks but they were all empty. I’m going to venture a guess and say that the pirates were expecting to be attacked. Makes this whole thing seem somewhat fishier. They shouldn’t have had time to get all this assembled in the time it took us to get here.” Jeg said, reaching up and running a hand across the stubble that was forming on his jaw line already. Trevor had similar growth, as it was uncommon practice for pilots to shave while on duty, unless an inspection or superior officer expected it. How we get away with breaking dress code rules, I’ll never know. Trevor thought to himself as he though over the issue Jeg had brought up.

“Well, I suppose that they could have thrown that together in five or so minutes. I mean, we weren’t exactly the fastest to get landed, right? Either way, we better get back and check on Iron, he took a few shots.” Trevor said, shouldering one of the rifles and handing the other to Jeg. The two pilots headed back to where the two flights were converged.

“He’s not going to be able to go much further on his leg, Boss.” Rogue said, nodding to Iron’s knee. They had wrapped a few pieces of cloth from his pant leg around it but they were already becoming bloodstained. Trevor nodded. “I dunno if he can stand either. Someone might have to fly him back as a passenger, but we’ll see when we get that far.” Rogue continued, a few of the other pilots attempting to help Iron to his feet.

“Maybe Rusty could carry him?” Nell suggested meekly, glancing at the giant creature in their midst. Rusty growled and took a step backwards, almost as if in horror at such an idea. Trevor realized what the Wookie had meant and was tempted to just let it go, but figured the least he could do was give it another shot and hope for the best.

“C’mon, Rusty. I know you’ll hate it the whole time, but the sooner we get to the bridge the sooner you can set him down and quit listening to his groaning. Use him as a human shield if you want.” Trevor joked, hoping the final line would be enough to convince the Wookie to accept the burden. It wouldn’t be enough though, as Rusty stepped a few more steps backwards and glared at Iron. Trevor shrugged and glanced at Crimson. “Give him a hand walking, help him keep the weight off his injured leg. Stick to the back and we’ll do our best to cover you.” Trevor ordered, and then pulled Rogue off to the side, about twenty-five feet down the hall.

“If we keep getting injured pilots, we’re not going to get very far with this. Granted, holding the bridge will be easier then fighting our way to it, but we’ve got to start thinking smarter, this run and gun crap isn’t going to work out.” Trevor said, a slight bit of annoyance in his voice. Rogue didn’t cause it, but the XO took it like it was.

“It’s not my fault, all right? It was your plan to throw the grenades and then have them jump out. Next time we need to think of a smarter way to do that. Next time let me handle the plan part.” Rogue snapped back. Trevor closed his eyes for a moment, thinking over his response.

“I wasn’t blaming you Rogue, I’m just saying that we’ve got to keep them alive and well. I’ll let you handle the next attack, but we need to survive that long. I’ve dealt with pirates face to face before, they’re pretty damn ruthless, to the point where they cut off the life support systems on their own men aboard a corvette like this one. If these ones have heard of that trick and are willing to pull it, we’re screwed.” Trevor said, recalling his time aboard the pirate corvette where pirates who seemed to know far too much about them had interrogated him and the rest of Nazgul squadron.

“Ok. Let’s get back on our way before others show up, all right? Having to haul around Iron is going to slow us down a bit.” Rogue said, and Trevor couldn’t find anything else to add. He walked passed Rogue and gave him a slap on the shoulder, pulling his own blaster pistol out of his holster as he did so and heading back towards the group.

“Let’s get moving! According to what I remember we shouldn’t be too far from the bridge, but that’s going to be a hell of a fight.” Trevor said, waving his blaster pistol down the hall and starting off, the rest of Flights One and Two trailing behind him.

Two pilots wounded so far, that means two less pilots to give us a hand. Hopefully things are going better outside then they are in here. Tokijin is hopefully doing all right, and the rest of the Task Force. Hell, I hope Viper makes it too. Pretty competitive with those guys but they’re the best competition we’ve got, and I honestly think they’ve got the harder job. Trevor thought to himself as he glanced backwards and noticed his group keeping up exceptionally well.

OOC:
WC 1597 - - - I want word counts at the end of every post from here on out.

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  91
February 12, 2008 10:27:38 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora passed of the rifle to Nell. Hoisting his flame carbine he checked all the dials and gauges. Everything seemed to be working properly. His fuel tanks still held full pressure, his nozzles were unclogged, and all the lights were green. That had to be good.

Trying not to think to hard about what his weapon would do to the pirates, Jegora advanced forward behind Rogue and Trevor. Both had blaster rifles to their shoulders, sweeping the halls for any threats. They had been moving forward steadily for last five minutes or so when they suddenly reached an intersection.

Without waiting for a command the squad pulled up short. No one wanted to walk into a cross fire. Jeg motioned to Trevor. Trevor looked at him questioningly, but Jegora just pulled out his knife. Standing up against the wall he slowly stuck is knife out past the corner. He then angled the knife until he could see the hall around the corner reflected in the steel of the knife. There was nothing there. On the other side of the hall Rogue was doing the same to the other corner. When he waved the all-clear, the squad let out a collective breath.

Trevor nodded to both Jegora and Rogue. “Neat trick. Where did you guys learn that?”

Rogue responded first. “You pick up a lot of useful skills when you’ve been around the galaxy a few times.”

Jeg’s answer was less mysterious. “I watched a holo-film once,” he said, his voice devoid of emotion, and not even a hint of a smile on his face.

Shaking his head, Trevor continued on. Rogue grinned at Jeg, and then moved back down the hall. The two flights continued on down the hall. Jeg took up a position near the front of the group where he was able to cover the squads advance with the flame rifle. Crimson was doing much the same in the rear, covering the groups six with the other flamer. Jeg almost felt sorry for any pirates that tried to sneak up on them, or that the Nazgul pilots happened to run across. Almost. Then he remembered that they would shoot him, and he didn’t feel so bad.

The squad was moving steadily down the halls when they ran into the pirates. The pirates pulled out of an intersection just ahead of the Nazgul pilots. They never had a chance.

In an instant Rogue and Trevor had their rifles up and were firing. Two of the pirates fell right away. By that time, Jegora had muscled his way through Nell and Iron. He now had a clear shot with the flame carbine. Flipping the safety switch and depressing the heavy trigger, Jegora let the devastating weapon unload.

At first only a gel-like substance shot from the flamer. After a quick second, it ignited. The pirates were covered in the gel, and soon they were all ablaze. Jegora kept the flamer working though, even through the screams. Every two-three seconds he would fire off an eight-ten second burst. After about thirty seconds, the pirates had stopped screaming. The hall was blackened and charred, and all that was left of the pirates were bone fragments and dust.

“Well,” Jegora said, his voice ice. “Guess we know the flamer was a good idea.”

Nell was white in the face, Iron was looking a tad gray, Rusty looked angry, Rogue was calm, Trevor looked thoughtful, Crimson was staring at the weapon he was carrying in disbelief, and Mel simply looked surprised.

Inside, Jegora thought that he might have all these emotions running around in his head, but he suppressed them. It had had to be done, and so he had done it. There was nothing he could do about it. He refused to let himself ponder and brood over the deaths of his enemies, men who had attacked the Vast Empire, and indirectly his home.

No, he was not sorry.

The squadron continued on reluctantly. Rogue stepped calmly over the remains, as did Trevor. Jegora grimaced slightly as he picked his way through the remains, but he quickly wiped it off his face. The rest of the squadron looked a bit queasy, except for Rusty, who just looked angry. Jegora wasn’t sure, but it seemed the Wookie was always angry.

After a few more minutes of slow progress, Trevor halted the group and consulted over a map with Rogue. Jegora waited patiently, and once again checked his weapon. He had two fuel tanks, and one was at 90%. All the lights were still green. The weapon had functioned perfectly, and was still ready to go.

Idly Jegora touched his DC-15. Eventually he would have to use that; he couldn’t fire the flame rifle or the Flechette while his squadron mates were in the way. Both were meant for clearing hallways, and clear hallways they would. Such weapons did not distinguish between friend and foe.

After a moment’s deliberation, Rogue pointed up ahead to another intersection. Jegora knew they had to be getting close to the lifts they would have to take up to the next deck. And he knew that with taking the lift came increased danger. They were helpless in the lift, and they had no idea what was waiting for them at the top.

Jegora shook his head, clearing his thoughts. What would come would come. There was nothing he could about it.

OOC:
900 words, on the spot.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
[This message has been edited by Jegora (edited February 12, 2008 10:29:40 PM)]
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  40
February 13, 2008 1:44:28 AM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
Lams with the help of G was able to get out of her TIE fighter shit! She thought to herself as she hit the ground with her feet as she jars her arm quite by accident. She comes Out of the TIE fighter and down the ladder to the ground. As soon as she hit the ground, She tried to move her arm but winced a bit. she hurt alright but she could manage the pain until the mission was over with.
Lams looked to the left and right as soon as her mind cleared up and she could think. What the feck is wrong with me? Why do i have to go through this pain?
She thought to herself as she pulled her blaster from her holster upon her hip. Something made me snap back there, but what was it?
She asked herself as she took a step toward the wing of her TIE fighter, She wanted to look at the damage first before taking off with G of course.

She talked into her comm. unit quietly to G so as not to attract attention from the pirates. "Nazgul 11, this is 10. Can you see me? Over" G responds, "Yes I can see you are you 10-4? over"

Lams laughs, "Do I sound like I am 10-4? I am hurting at the moment and I don't know why I snapped at all an hour ago. over" She took another step to the nose of the Tie fighter and bumped right into G again. He smiled at Lams and asks "How are you feeling?"

Lams smiles "I am alright, just frustrated that I lost my cool back there and snapped. I guess it has to do with my past, Every time I see enemy ships, I remember the orphanage and have flashbacks but since we are in a mission, I have got to calm my ass down and pay more attention to this mission." Maybe i shouldn't be jumpy at all but I am a bit jumpy after all.

Lams looks to G with a look on her face of confusion. "Is something wrong with me? I can't seem to stop reflecting upon the past at all."

OOC:
It is a wee bit short but i am sleepy :P about 500 words i think!

[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 13, 2008 1:46:50 AM)]
Gshlecc
ComNet Novice

Gshlecc

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  26
February 13, 2008 3:54:36 PM    View the profile of Gshlecc 
G continued to set up the hanger defenses. He grabbed more of the cargo pods, and arranged them in a semi-circle. Max was hard at work on a mirrored set of works on the opposite side of the bay. Lams sat with her knees to her chin. The Helosine had kicked in and she was no longer in obvious pain. The look on her face showed an inner turmoil. He began to wonder if that turmoil would get him or anyone else killed. He decided to leave her be for a while and concentrate on the task at hand. The cargo pods were not overly large or of a heavy-duty nature.
          Hope it’s enough to stop a blaster bolt.
  Max had set up about 8-10 on his side and was actively laying out his ordinance. From the look of things he had a couple of Blasters, a Flechette, and two Rifles. G was similarly armed, and all he saw on Lams was her sidearm. He had set up about 15 pods reaching around to within 10 feet of Max. This would afford them good cover, and the ability to move to better angles without exposing themselves to fire. The gap would allow the returning Flights a chance to get behind cover. He moved down the line and set up ammo caches at five foot intervals. He didn’t want to run dry at the wrong moment.

Max ran over to his position and asked, “How’s it going?”

G gave him a quick rundown of his position and what he planned to do when the pirates tried to retake the hanger. Max looked down at Lams, still curled up on the floor.

“Lams! I don’t give a good Godsdamn what you’ve got going on in your head right now, but you NEED to pull it together and get ready for incoming.” He snapped.

G didn’t want to be so harsh on Lams, but he figured that that was Max’s job. She jerked from the force of Max’s words and looked up. The fog behind her eyes faded, and she focused on the Flight Leader.

“Right.” She said shakily. She rose to her feet and flexed her arm. Max grinned grimly and nodded. He ran back to his TIE to pull more equipment for the defense.

G smiled at Lams and asks "How are you feeling?"

Lams smiles "I am alright, just frustrated that I lost my cool back there and snapped.”

He smiled a supportive smile,” It happens.”

“I have got to calm my ass down and pay more attention to this mission.” she stated.

He wanted to believe her assertion, but the confusion and fear were returning to her eyes.

"Is something wrong with me?” she asked plaintively. Her eyes searched his for an answer.

G knew he didn’t have one and shrugged helplessly. She looked down and toed the deck plates. Her shoulders sagged and she appeared on the edge of tears. Lams drew in a breath and straitened up. G could see a new resolve being hammered down over the doubt and fear. She silently pushed past him to her TIE. She reached in and retrieved her own E-11. She was on, for now. G decided to take advantage of her newfound lucidity. He laid out the defenses, and how he was going to use the cover. She listened intently and seemed to grasp it. They parted and Lamel went about prepping her position. G’shlecc went back to his and double and triple checked his weapons.
              Now, we wait.
  He was beginning to think they weren’t coming till a glint caught his eye. A small sliver of polished metal poked from around the entrance.
              The old ‘knife as mirror’ routine he chuckled to himself
G grabbed his rifle and sighted the knife. He could make out the image of the pirate reflected in the blade as he drew a bead on the improvised mirror. He pulled on the trigger and watched as the knife was blasted from the pirate’s hand. He also heard the resulting curses as the bolt left a neat crease where a finger had once been.
              That’ll leave a mark.
  Max gestured from the other side of the room. G caught the hand signals and acknowledged the impending attack. Down the line he could see Lams tensing-up and prepping for the assault.

Twin objects arced out of the entrance and exploded just shy of the pod-line. The explosions temporarily blinded and deafened G.
            Damn, Flash-Bangs
  He shook his head as the blindness faded. The first thing he saw was a pirate. This pirate was entirely too close, and entirely too intent on blasting a hole in his head. G reflexively pulled the rifles’ trigger twice. The pirate was surprised to be the new owner of two blackened holes in his chest. He fell. Atrasin noticed Max and Lams had also felled attackers, and were firing at a high rate. He turned and saw 4 more pirates running toward him, blasters blazing. A quick flip of the safety turned the rifle from single-shot to rock-n-roll. He sprayed the incoming men with a wall of Armor-Piercing bolts. Needless to say, it did the job on mere flesh. Lams took out two more with her E-11 and kept spraying shots for good measure. Max had taken out a couple on his own, and was holding fire till more exposed themselves.

The firefight lasted only a few minutes, but it was decisive. Max, Lams and G surveyed the carnage. Eleven pirates of various species lay akimbo on the deck. G identified his first hit by the blackened stump of a finger on one of the corpses. He flicked the safety back to single shot and checked his magazine.
                Plenty left for Round 2.

He scooted down the pod barrier to check on Lams. She was reloading her E-11 and sitting with her back to the pods. G saw the sheen of sweat on her skin, and the ghost-like pallor washing over her. The flight in had unnerved her and this was not helping. He only hoped she’d keep it together long enough to not get them all killed. Her hands fumbled with the cartridge as G slid in beside her.

“You OK?” he asked.

Her look spoke volumes. A quick nod was all that she could muster. G patted her on the shoulder and crawled back to his position. He knew the pirates weren’t done. Not by a long shot. He could see Max knew this as well. Max had not stopped prepping for a new round of attacks. He signaled to Atrasin to reposition himself. G eased to the right about 5 feet. Lams moved to the left the same amount of space.

No sooner did Lams re-situate herself than the anticipated counterattack commenced. The pirates were desperate now. They threw themselves at the pods with reckless abandon. Three of them charged at G’s former location. They came all guns blazing, and actually made it to the pods. This, unfortunately, was to be the last act they ever achieved. G’shlecc had had the foresight to have his DL-44 lying in an easily retrievable location. As the pirates hurdled the pods, he picked up the pistol and dropped them one by one. Lams was holding her own as she dropped another two pirates with her pistol.

Max, however, was a different story. The last three attackers had managed to overrun his position with concentrated firepower. Max had already taken a hit to his left arm, and one to his right shoulder. Seeing their FL down both G and Lams jumped up firing. Lams took out one pirate immediately and tackled one more. G arrived soon after. G’shlecc pulled his Vibroblade and jumped on the lone standing man. Down to floor they went. The man was far from out of shape, and he had the incentive of knowing that failure was death. G wrestled him away from the fallen Max and attempted to bring his blade into a usable position. The pirate did his best to prevent this. G was heartily glad he’d spent extra time in the gym these last few weeks. His body twisted and the pirate landed awkwardly. This allowed G to slide the Vibro into his skull just under the jaw line. Twitching ensued. G knew it was over, and turned to see Lams dispatching the last pirate with a blaster bolt to the abdomen.

The end of the battle signaled the beginning of more work. Atrasin grabbed his med kit and saw to Max. While conscious, he was not able to hold a weapon. With the bandages in place, he and Lams dragged Max to a safe place behind his TIE. They then piled the pirate corpses up in front of the pods to act as shielding and work as psychological weaponry.
    Yeah, we killed your shipmates, wanna be next?
A smile crossed his lips. He moved Lams to Max’s old position, and took up his. He looked over at Evas, smiled, and said, “Ready for Round 3?”
OOC:
1448 words

Vacuus Ordo , Nex
                      -Without Order, Death
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 13, 2008 3:57:18 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 13, 2008 4:21:22 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 16, 2008 8:56:32 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 16, 2008 8:58:00 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Atrasin (edited February 16, 2008 9:02:15 AM)]
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  194
February 13, 2008 8:08:54 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Surprisingly, no one else tried opposing them in the distance left to the lift. Which meant they were waiting for them in the short corridor outside the bridge. Rogue was in the lead, so he hit the call key, and as the lift car arrived, multiple weapons waited to ventilate the inside. The doors slid open, but surprising again, it was empty.

"What ya think Trev? Take it up in two groups?" Rogue asked. "Cause I don't think all of us will fit in at once."

"Looks like we might have to."  Trevor replied. "But who goes up first?"

"Well my plan means I go." Rogue stated. "So me and, if Rusty goes, it will only fit four of us. And that's gonna be close."

Rogue thought for a minute, of who had what weapons and what condition they were in.

"Ok, me, the walking furball, and Jeg for the first group. Only three of us will let us have some cover when the doors open." Rogue outlined. "You and everyone else follows as soon as the car gets back down here. "

Trevor got that look on his face that Rogue recognized as his thinking face.

"Ok, I don't like it, but I don't see many other options at this point. We have to get to the bridge." Trevor replied.

"I know. I know. But hey, your the Co, that means I'm the expendable one." Rogue answered in his smart response voice, before turning toward to the rest of the squadron. "Jeg, leave you pack. But bring your flamer. You and Rusty are with me. We're going up first."

Rusty's reply was another roar/bellow combination. Jeg looked a little worried at the news but he nodded back and slipped off his pack full of explosives. The three of them stepped into the lift, and Rogue moved off to one side, waving Jeg to the other. Rusty just stood against the back wall, right across from the door. He wouldn't exactly be able to hide behind the narrow sides anyway, not at his size.

"Now I would say we throw grenades through as soon as the doors open, but they wouldn't close fast enough. So instead, as soon as the doors crack, Rusty, I want you the loudest roar you can bellow. Then Jeg, you stick the nozzle of your flamer through and I'll do the same with my flechette launcher. We spray the corridor til the doors open fully. Then Rusty, launch yourself in, your bowcaster spitting. Jeg, you and I follow behind him." Rogue laid out his plan.  “Ready?”

Before they could answer, he ordered “Hit it Jeg.”

Jeg pushed the button and the doors did their thing, sliding closed. The car rose up on its short journey. Rogue quickly doubled checked the magazine on his flechette launcher. He had half a magazine left.

The lift stopped and the doors cracked. And as if on cue, Rusty let out an ear shattering roar!

Rogue nodded at Jeg, and thrust the muzzle of his flechette launcher into the growing opening and held down the trigger. Jeg did the same with this flame carbine. Burning Gel and razor sharp flechettes filled the corridor as the doors moved. As soon they were wide enough, Rogue yanked his arm out of the way and Rusty launched his massive fury self into the corridor.

OOC:
561 words.
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  41
February 13, 2008 11:24:57 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
"Ready for round three?" G asked as Lams dropped the last pirate.

"R...round three? You mean there are more?!" G nods as he looked her in the eyes as she circled clockwise as more pirates stepped through the door. She drops them to the ground with her heavy rifle as she slams her empty blaster upon the ground where it made a clattering noise. She gasped as a pirate came towards her.

She then slipped back into the madness of her mind and shot the few pirates that were left. *BOOM BOOM BOOM* in a blind fury she filled those men with bullets, Each bringing the pirates closer to their deaths. 

She then whirled around and ducked as a few flash-bang grenades went off. "You assholes!" She had learned this rough language by hanging out with the men and women in the naval bunkers. Her vision cleared but there was ringing in her ears. She growled as she felt a scratch on her clothing as she felt pain again from her shoulder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes Later when a break in the battle in the hanger commences
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lams looked out over the cockpit of G's ship and sighs. The battle was not over with yet and she wasn't sure she was safe for now. but there was more pirates to fight as she suddenly collapsed from pain.

"Son of a bitch!" She gasped but dared not show her pain. She remembered Max's words and tried to sit up but was in so much pain.

"Max, are you there still?" She sat on the ground nearest G who was watching her.

Max takes a look at her again and says. "You look like you are exhausted but i want you to do more if you can handle that." He kept pushing her mentally to do more but she would do more for him.

"I will do that sir after I get out of my pain." Max smiles a bit and tells Lams "You better."

Lams tries desperately to smile but needed to rest and she would later after she got off this godforsaken ship. There was a lull in the fighting in the hanger where they stood. With a heavy breath she glanced about the hanger as she suspected there were more coming but didn't know when they would. She glanced to both men as she hopped out of the cockpit of the ship and landed once again on the ground.

“Oi, when I get back imma have to check myself out I guess.”

G nods but sees the turmoil behind her eyes once more. G frowns
“Come on Lamel snap out of it, I don't care how you do it, but do it fast as there are more pirates coming and I don't want you to show your weakness to them. That might get you harmed further by them and I don't want you to get hurt.”

Lams got up and as she did there was a shot fired from behind her and she ducks just in time as a bolt from nowhere goes flying through the air and strikes the TIE fighter that she had been hiding behind. The bolt strikes with a clanging sound and just fizzles out. She ducked behind the wing and pulling out her heavy blaster and aiming she fires at the pirate thus making certain the pirate will taste lead from her blaster.

She watched as the pirate hit the floor with a loud cry. Max grins widely as Lams did good he thought. “Nazgul 10, hold on and I'll get your back.” said Max as she took a sidestep and brought down the heavy blaster onto the pirate's head thus splitting his skull wide open.

“Didn't feel a damn thing he Max?” She grins as max came towards her. He looked into her eyes again and saw her mind was clear as a bell right now, she had had many struggles as she fought the battles in the mission. Maybe tonight I'll get some food to eat and rest hopefully without any nightmares.

Max smiled at her “No, I don't think the poor bastard did and you are doing great, Keep it up Evas and you'll go further in your mission.”

Lamel smiles “Right, Thank you sir.”

Max chuckles, "You are quite welcome."
OOC:
742 words counted.

[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 13, 2008 11:27:37 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 14, 2008 11:36:24 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 14, 2008 4:49:13 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 15, 2008 1:36:25 AM)]
Max Fagron
ComNet Initiate

Max Fagron

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  186
February 15, 2008 2:13:57 PM    View the profile of Max Fagron 
Max ducked down behind an A-Wing and checked his cronograph. They had only been in the hangar for eight minutes, though it seemed closer to eighty. A door across the hangar hissed, and Max risked a glance around the side of the fighter. What seemd like a whole squad of enemies was coming through the door, scuttling for cover behind the hulls ef fighters that dotted the cavernous space. Max saw one of the pirates try to take cover behind Hello Hellfire.

"Mitts off mate," he hissed as his finger squezzed the trigger, slamming two bolts between the Trandoshan's large, bulbous eyes and leaving a steaming crater in his forehead. There was no time to relish the kill however, as a hail of bolts answered, slamming into the composite material just inches above his head. Max didn't need telling twice and he ducked back into cover. As he contemplated what to do next, the short wave radio pinned to his flight suit beeped. Max flicked the switch that opened up the two way channel. "Max here."

"Max, how are things on your end?" It was Trevor.

"Aint looking great sir. They have us surrounded. Poor bastards." Trevor chuckled, before Max continued. "And for you guys?"

"Well-" began Trevor, but all of a sudden there was a grunt on the other end and silence.

"Trevor?" said Max, worry crossing his face.

"Sorry about that," came the squadron commander's voice. "One guy got too close. Anyway, we should be back at your position in about fifteen minutes. Good luck. Over and out."

"Sir."

Max stared away into space, thinking their options through in his mind. He snapped back out of it as a movement to his left caught his eye. Gshlecc had grabbed a pirate by the throat, obviously one that had tried to get into a fight in close quarters. Gshlecc didn't hesitate, and buried a knife in the side of the neck of the runty man. "Good man G," said Max before making a quick decision. If they aren't that good at close combat, why waste time shotting at them? "Lamel, you have a knife, right?" Lamel held up a vibro-blade similar to Max's own that he kept in his boot. Max checked the ammo in his pistol in his right hand, and pulled out his vibroblade with his left. "Right!" he roared. "Let's go!" Jumping out from cover, Max ran at the nearest enemy and buried his vibroblade in his ribs. "Keep going!" The trio crossed the floor dash, downing any enemies that tried to stop them, and in less than twenty seconds they reached the opposite side of the hangar. Six of the pirates lay dead, and the other two ran back out through the door they had come through. Lamel whooped, and G laughed.

"That was something else Sir, eh?" said Lamel. But Max wasn't listening. From behind the door the pirates had fled through, there could be heard a mechanical whirring noise, and when you're on an enemy vessel, strange whirring noises are never good news. Max waved downwards with his hand, instructing his Flight to stay down while he left cover. The noise stopped as he reached the door, but its cause apparent as Max tried to open the door. It resisted firmly. Damn! They've bolted the door shut! He returned to G and Lamel and broke the news.

"Sir," said G. "They can do anything to us now, can't they? Gas us, or blow us up...." Max hated to admit it, but G was right. They were more in danger now than ever. And more infuriating still, his flight's craft were all intact and the only thing preventing them from escaping was the human feeling of guilt, and the loyalty they all possesed for their coommnders.

"Well, I guess now, we sit tight, and pray they won't be firing three carcasses out of the airlock with the rubbish tomorrow." He smilled, and unclipped his radio from his flight suit. "Sir, this is Max. We have a problem."
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  42
February 15, 2008 2:27:47 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
"Sir, this is Max we have a problem" Lams heard on the comm. unit as she glanced towards the door hangers. They had been bolted shut. Son of a bitch! She thought. What next will these bastards do? The commlink came to life as Trevor radios to her.

"You guys alright there?"

Lams shook her head and radios back "Not exactly, we seem to be locked in and can't get out, I repeat, we seem to be locked in and can't escape."

Trevor comms back. "Son of a bitch in summertime! I'll be right there in fifteen minutes or less if these bastards allow it. In the meantime, try and find a way out if you can, understood?"

Lams nods and radios back. "Yes sir!"

Rustichituk
ComNet Novice

Rustichituk

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  83
Total Posts:  93
February 16, 2008 7:22:21 PM    View the profile of Rustichituk 
OOC:
Sorry...I'm tardy. Life can be a real nuisance sometimes.

“…You and Rusty are with me. We're going up first." Rogue quickly explained

Rusty's reply was another roar/bellow combination.

Boy…am I glad I don’t have that bloody droid with me, that little bastard would be trying to translate for me. We hardly need such annoying banter during this

Jeg looked a little worried at the news but he nodded back and slipped off his pack full of explosives. The three of them stepped into the lift, and Rogue moved off to one side, waving Jeg to the other. Rusty kept it tight against the back wall, right across from the door. He knew better than to try to hide anywhere else, and was quite aware of his size.

"Now I would say we throw grenades through as soon as the doors open, but they wouldn't close fast enough. So instead, as soon as the doors crack, Rusty, I want you the loudest roar you can bellow. Then Jeg, you stick the nozzle of your flamer through and I'll do the same with my flechette launcher. We spray the corridor til the doors open fully. Then Rusty, launch yourself in, your bowcaster spitting. Jeg, you and I follow behind him." Rogue laid out his plan.  “Ready? Hit it, Jeg.”

The door inched open with a soft whoosh whilst Rusty let out his best “WRRRAWWWWWWRRRRRRRGBLE!”

Rogue and Jeg injected the corridor with pure death for a few seconds.
Alright, swine…Ready? Rusty thought as Rogue pulled himself out of the way and Jeg was pushed out of the way by the wookiee. He opened fire without much thought, just spraying bolts throughout the corridor all the while snarling happily.
Whelps! Bring it on you lowly mongrels! DIE! DIE! DIE! the wookiee bellowed in the form of a mighty roar and punctuated with a manic laughter, charging down the hallway, his bowcaster ablaze. Those bodies in the corridor who had not been barbequed or shred to pieces quickly crumpled to the ground when hit by the bowcaster. Several had gotten shots through, but it wasn’t much apart from some singed fur at his shoulder. Bastards…death is what you deserve. Did you think you could actually mar my beautiful, luscious locks and get away with it? he grumbled under his breath.
…I kind of wish M-TD was with me…I’d sure like to know if Rogue had some alcohol with him. Smiting infidels is always a bit more fun when alcohol’s involved… the wookiee thought to himself while grinning back at Rogue and Jegora, waving them forward with him.

…You know…I’m beginning to get a bit scared for us. The wookiee always had an angry look on his face, but the joy he displays when on the kill is a bit disturbing. Jegora Fal contemplated to himself while apprehensively following the furry behemoth.

“Umm…Rogue…? Is there something wrong with…” Jegora started, but was quickly cut off by the other man, “Shhhh….Shut up, shut up, shut up! Don’t go there unless you want to lose a limb.” Rogue shouted. Rusty just grinned to himself and charged up the corridor Yes, watch your mouth, kid… he sarcastically mused. However, while he was barreling down the corridor he realized he didn’t exactly know where they were going. He had been too drunk to study the layout of the ship, and his sense of direction outside of a fighter was flawed in the first place. He abruptly stopped, and while Rogue noticed, Jeg didn’t notice until it was too late and he had a mouthful of fur.

This may be a serious endeavor, but…everyone’s gotta have a little fun.

Rusty spun around quickly and snarled a bit while asking. Rogue, where the bloody hell do we go? in his most menacing growl. Jeg was shivering and turned to Rogue.
“W-w-w-what did he say?”
Rogue shot back, “How do I know?…none of us can understand him.”
Jeg turned back to the wookiee, a look of horror plastered upon his face.
Rusty burst out into a hearty laughter and asked again, Rogue, where the bloody hell do we go? and pointed up the hallway.
“What?”, replied Rogue.
OOC:
686 words.
FM/PO2 Rustichituk/Nazgul 2-7/Wing 1 (Phoenix)/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
[This message has been edited by Rustichituk (edited February 16, 2008 7:24:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rustichituk (edited February 16, 2008 7:25:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rustichituk (edited February 16, 2008 7:27:02 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rustichituk (edited February 16, 2008 7:28:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited February 16, 2008 8:13:40 PM)]
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  198
February 16, 2008 7:48:30 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue thought for a moment at what Rusty bellowed. Only one thing made sense.

“We go that way.” He pointed and ordered.

Rogue waved for Rusty to follow him and lead the way up the  short corridor to the bridge. At the end of it,  the doors leading to the bridge would be the place for the pirates to make a stand.  But instead, the corridor was empty still.

“Oh Great. This means their all on the bridge.” Rogue thought out loud.

Rusty bellowed a response and Jeg just sighed.

“So here's what we do. There 's probably vestibule inside, and thats where they will be waiting. So same thing as before. We crack the doors, stick the muzzles through, and hit with all we got. Then we go through.”

He paused for a second for a reply, but of course, he cut them off.

“Ready? One, Two Three, Go!”

He pressed the door key and the doors cracked. And just like before, both he and Jeg stuck the muzzles of the flechette launcher and flame carbine through the crack and fired. This time Rusty used his height to hold his bowcaster sideways and stick it through over Rogue's head. That made bowcaster bolts on top, flechettes in the middle and flames from Jeg's flame carbine on the bottom. That kind of fire would make the bridge a living death trap.

As soon as the doors got open further, they all moved out of the way of any return fire. But none came. So he motioned for Rusty to go forth. Then he followed. But as he cleared the the smoke around the doorway, instead of the a vestibule, he found himself standing on the Corvette's bridge proper.

Of course, Riel would have an extra large bridge put in. One big enough to hold him and his ego. Now if we had only know that.

Instead of a blackened and shredded corridor, they now had a burned and blackened, shredded bridge. Bits of flames still flickered as the residue from the gel fuel stuck to places on the floor, bulkheads and consoles. Then there was the gouges the flechette's had gouged as well.

Rusty stood in the middle of the room, bellowing and pointing. Several pirates had been occupying the bridge, but they weren't now. But it wasn't the bodies Rusty was pointing at. He was pointing at the main control console located right under the primary viewport.

Sithspit!

Rogue practically ran across the expanded bridge over to the console as Trevor and the rest of the squadron came up in the corridor to the bridge.  Rogue looked over his shoulder to beat Trevor to the look he knew he was going to give him.

“Don't bother saying it Trev, I know.” Rogue beat him to it. “ On any other corvette there would have been a vestibule before the bridge. And of course Riel had his modified beyond the plans we got.” 

Rogue continued without letting Trevor reply. “ So now I suggest you get on to the engine room while my boys and I try to see if we can keep this beast in orbit long enough to complete this mission.”

Trevor nodded and yelled for Jeg, Iron and Nell to follow him.

“Rusty, give them each boost to get into the ducts, then get back over here and cover me.” Rogue yelled as well. “Crimson, you and Mel get on those consoles and start downloading what we came for.”

While Trevor's flight went toward their target, and his boys dug for the data, Rogue looked over the remains of the main flight controls. The flechette's and heat had done a number on the controls. Parts of it were shredded while others were melted and fused together.  He dug into the wreck and tried various buttons and commands, until the manual flight yoke came out.

If the great Wedge Antilles can fly a corvette using a yoke like this, than I can hold this one in orbit with the same.

But as Rusty came back from helping the others, he bellowed again. Rogue looked around to see what he was bellowing at and this time he saw it. Near the lower corner of the viewport, a blackened razor sharp flechette stuck straight out.  And around it, the viewport was starting to fog.

And that fogging means only one thing. The flechette punched through enough to start a leak. Its slow at the moment, but its only gonna get worse. The heat from the flamer must have partially sealed it. Hopefully it will keep the pressure long enough for us to get the data and get out of here.

“Guys! We just got our time limit.” Rogue called out to his flight and pointed to the puncture. “Once that goes, so does the bridge. And none of us have our helmets with us. So work fast.”

OOC:
823 words
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  46
February 17, 2008 1:51:08 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
“So we are trapped right G? Maybe I can get some sleep for the morning.” Lamel sighed and glanced about the hanger, She wanted to snooze a bit but was uncertain when the door would open and any pirates would come through the door in the hangar. “I'd suppose that would be out of the question wouldn't it?” G nods to her,

“We have no place to sleep yet and we must get off of here before this ship blows up. You don't want to die do you?” Lamel nods “No I don't.” She sat upon the ground with her hands wrapped around her knees. Visibly shaken, she looked up. “A..are we going to get out of here soon G?” G sits down beside her. “Yes we will hopefully soon.”

"Are you alright?" Asked G as he watched Lamel sit there. She broke the silence a second later. "Yes i am i guess, I am just a wee bit scared."

G nodded, there was the anticipation of waiting and watching the door. He too, broke the silence a few moments later by asking. "So you are scared, scared of what may i ask?" Lams looked at G. "I am scared of death i guess. My mother died after my twin and i were born. died of childbirth complications or so i was told."

Lams sighed and looked down at her feet. "No time to be sad Lams, you know better." Said G kinda sternly. Lamel looked up, "Trying not to but it is hard with so many thoughts running through my head."

G nods he had been there too but what was important was Lams's safety. She fell silent again, but kept her hands off of G for now. G glances at Lams as she sat there beside him. "You need a hug i believe." Lamel glances at G, "I might need one never know. Are you asking permission to hug me?"  G smiles before answering, "Yes i am."  Lams smiles before saying

"Yes, i suppose you can but no funny business with me!" She never forgot what G had merely suggested to her on their first day in the barracks. G laughs "I promise there won't be any funny business with you. I am not like that at all."

Lams smiles before replying "Well good, I might have to smack ya if ya tried anything at all."

G laughs, "Lamel you know that I wouldn't do anything to hurt you but ah well." G suddenly hugs Lams but doesn't kiss her, thus being calm about it. There were rules she set for herself, boundaries but she didn't want anyone at this moment in time as she was single.

Lams hugs him back and doesn't really let go. Had she found someone whom she could trust? Maybe, maybe not. "You promise not to harm me?" She said as she hugged G. 

G nodded, "I promise not to hurt you, I have been through rough times too and have recovered from them." He had thought about this before saying, "Lams it'd do no good to find ourselves in the perdictument, please let go."

Lams lets go of him, "I am sorry, didn't know what happened, I'll never do that again.

OOC:
500 words counted

[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 17, 2008 2:47:30 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 17, 2008 5:04:12 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 17, 2008 6:59:44 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Lamel_Evas (edited February 18, 2008 12:24:58 AM)]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  782
February 18, 2008 2:37:46 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor’s group arrived on the floor above and quickly evacuated the lift, headed towards the open doors ahead of him. As they got closer his nostrils were filled with the acrid smell of burnt electronics and felt as if a weight had just been dropped into his stomach. They entered the remains of the bridge and some of his fears were realized. Many of the terminals were burnt or severely gouged from the use of flechettes, and in places flames still flickered. He quickly glanced around and found Rogue, who turned in time to notice Trevor heading towards him.

“Don't bother saying it Trev, I know.” Rogue started, beating Trevor to anything he could have said. “ On any other corvette there would have been a vestibule before the bridge. And of course Riel had his modified beyond the plans we got.” 

Rogue continued without letting Trevor reply. “ So now I suggest you get on to the engine room while my boys and I try to see if we can keep this beast in orbit long enough to complete this mission.”

Trevor nodded, then called the rest of his flight to follow him and ran towards one of the walls where a large air duct was. He jumped up on a computer terminal that had been slightly singed by the use of the flame carbine and began to beat against the grating. Can’t believe I forgot tools for this. He thought to himself as he continued to pound on the grating, one side of it breaking loose, slowly followed by the other sides. A second later Rusty was next to him and tearing the mangled grating out of the duct and discarding it onto the floor with a clatter.

“Ok, here’s what we’ll do. I’ll go first, Jeg follow me, and then Iron, and Nell, you bring up the rear. Luckily the duct is tall enough for us to crawl through so we won’t be trying to wiggle through it on our stomachs. Weapons out, safety on though. We don’t want someone getting shot in the ass while we’re up there.” Trevor said, holding his blaster rifle in one hand and turning to Rusty. “Boost me up, Rusty.”

Rusty made some throat noises but didn’t object to giving Trevor and the other Flight One pilots a boost into the vent system. Trevor lifted a hand and grimaced at the amount of dust on it, went to wipe it on his flight suit and realized just how pointless that would be. Nell sneezed as she breathed in some of the dust that Iron raised with his shuffling, but aside from that the group remained quiet.

Trevor could hear Rogue’s voice shouting something in the bridge behind them, but he wasn’t paying much attention. He was fiddling with his data pad as he crawled forward, trying to load the map of the corvette’s ventilation systems onto the screen. He came to a sudden stop when his down turned head connected with the wall of the ventilation shaft. “Damn it!” He blurted out, rubbing his head with his hand and squeezing his eyes shut. “Left or right..” He grunted to himself as he glanced down at the map. Quickly tracing a path with his eyes he chose left and waved for the others to follow him.

We follow this tunnel for a ways, then make a right and keep going and we’re basically there. Just gotta be careful though, this vent goes over a bunch of oth- Trevor stopped mid thought as the vent beneath his knee seemed to disappear and he found himself sliding out of the vent and into the room below. He landed with a thud behind a pile of crates and quickly got his wits back, bringing his rifle to his shoulder and slowly peeking over the edge of the crates. Across the room a trio of pirates were playing cards, obviously drunk and not paying attention to what else was going on in the room. He heard one of the pirates mumble something about a noise but the other two dismissed it with more drinks being passed around.

Why can’t my luck be this good all the time.. He thought to himself as he glanced around for their weapons. Of course, they pirates had discarded them near the door, a good twenty feet away from their table, completely out of reach. He waved a hand at Jeg, who was staring down at him through the hole in the vent in order to keep him quiet, then got a line on the pirate nearest to the rifles at the door. He waited a second before pulling the trigger, watched the orange light streak across the room and catch the pirate in his right temple and cause the pirate to topple off his chair. Neither of his friends seemed to notice and began laughing about how drunk their friend was. Suckers.

A few shots later and Trevor was stacking crates in order to get himself back into the vent. Jeg helped pull him up and warned the others to be careful as they made their way across the hole.

“We’ve still got a bit farther to go, and about four more of those. Just keep your eyes open, I don’t want to talk too loudly near them incase there are people in the rooms below.” Trevor insisted, then began down the tunnel again.

*** About Five Minutes Later ***

Trevor’s flight came to a stop behind him as he leaned against the grate at the end of the ventilation shaft. The noise coming from the engine room was tremendous, which helped to mask the clamor they made as they approached the grate. Here the vent had widened enough for two of them to sit side-by-side, and Jeg moved up next to where Trevor was. “What do you think?” He asked.

Trevor glanced back and forth across the engine room. From what he could see there were about ten pirates pacing back and forth around the engines, possibly more that were out of sight. He sighed and looked at Jeg. “Flame carbines seem like an idea, the muzzles should fit through this grating. However, that still involves us having to deal with any we missed. We could knock the grating out and throw detonators down, but even with the noise going on down there they would be bound to notice it hit the floor.” Trevor said, tapping the grating with the butt of his rifle and thinking out loud. Then a voice from behind him managed to make itself noticeable over the roar from the engine room.

“Sir, what if we tied a rope around some of the grating, then knocked it out. The rope would keep it from falling and alerting the pirates.” Nell said, pulling a length of rope out of her supply bag and handing it forward. Trevor eyed it uncertainly for a minute before nodding and threading it through some of the grating.

“Good idea, Nell.” Trevor said, giving her the rope to hold tightly. He and Jeg began to pound on the grating and Trevor found that this one came loose much quicker then the other one. A moment later it fell forward as it loosed itself from the vent, and Nell, not expecting the weight of the grate to be as much as it was, she slid forward slightly before coming to a stop against Trevor. Her, Jeg and Trevor pulled the grate back into the vent and set it up against the side.

“Ok, any grenades you have, smoke, flash-bang, thermal detonators, I don’t care. Get them out and throw them at the pirates. Then I’ll open up with the carbine. Jeg, you do the same with yours. I don’t want to use the flechette launchers incase they hit a fuel line or something like that. We want a controlled explosion.” Trevor reminded the group and he pulled his final two detonators from his pockets and armed both of them. Jeg had done the same, only with a detonator and a flash-bang instead. Nell had a smoke and a flash-bang and Iron had armament similar to Trevor’s. Trevor heaved the first two and the others followed his down. A second later explosions and bright flashes and smoke filled the engine room, giving Trevor and Jeg the opportunity to open up with their flame carbines.

The sticky gel flew through the air and clung to the various surfaces in the hanger, from flesh and bone to metal to wooden crates. The hanger was now a mess of smoke and flame, mixed with the screams of those either caught on fire or missing body parts from the grenades and shrapnel. Those were, thankfully, mostly drowned out by the sounds of the engine room itself. When Trevor was pleased with the amount of flames in the engine room, he set the carbine aside and began to pepper the room with shots from his blaster rifle. Jeg didn’t bother, and began untying the rope from the grate. When he had finished he stabbed a hole through the vent with his knife and tied the rope to it. Normally he wouldn’t have done it quiet like that, but the rope was heavy duty enough that it wouldn’t be easily cut by the jagged edges on the metal.

When he finished that job he leaned out of the vent and tossed the rope around the rafters, letting it fall to the floor below. “Looks like Rogue gave us just the right amount of rope.” Jeg said, noting that the rope had fallen and was dangling just an inch or two above the floor that was forty feet below them. Trevor, who had stopped firing into the hanger by now, just grinned and took hold of the rope.

“This should be fun. Out of the vents and into the furnace.” He laughed as he swung out onto the rope, the flames below deciding to burn on with an undiminished intensity.

OOC:
WC 1647 - - - Had to cut this one short. Flight One is now in the engine room, feel free to talk about having to put the fires out with fire extinguishers, that we didn’t kill all the pirates in there, etc. Flight Two, I think Rogue’s got a plan for you guys, so go hard. Flight Three, you know what your job is, feel free to make it harder, you’ve been doing great so far.

Clearly Canadian!
Gshlecc
ComNet Novice

Gshlecc

Post Number:  40
February 21, 2008 12:11:32 AM    View the profile of Gshlecc 
"Sir," said G. "They can do anything to us now, can't they? Gas us, or blow us up...." 

Max cut off his thought as he commed Trevor and reported the newly latched doors.  G gave Max a moment to finish his report to the SC before interjecting.

“…unless we get the doors open, right?” he said, as a wry smile crossed his face.

Max looked annoyed and gave G a hard stare. 

“Are you trying to tell me something, Mister, cause I’m in no mood for 20 Questions.” He snapped.

“Sir, I’ve spent the last decade working at Kuat designing these babies.  Gimme a minute.” He said as he turned to the door control pad.

G’shlecc reached into his fligt suit for a small tool.  Moving to the control panel he pried the cover away to see the inner works.  The jumble of circuits and nodes didn’t mean much to most folks, but to G it was a second language.  He adjusted his tool for fine work.  Deftly moving from one circuit to the next he quickly ascertained the situation.

Grimly turning to Max and Lams he reported,” Well, it’s not good, but not all bad.  The controls are able to be bypassed and doors can be unsealed.”

“Please say that’s the bad news.” Mono-toned Lams.

Atrasin winked at her and said, “It is.  The doors can open.  The bad news is that the servos are shot.  Any opening will have to be manual.  My guess is there is a service panel on the other side, and they blasted it after locking ‘em.”

G could see a slight flicker of relief cross Max’s face. 

“OK, let’s get these bad boys open.  I’d rather take my chances with a squad of pissed-off, armed pirates, than open space or gas.  Do it.” Max ordered.

“Will do.  Now, I’m gonna unlock these, and then blast the panel.  This will ensure that they can’ relock it from the other side.  Once I finish that, we’ll need something to pry open the doors.” Said G.

“Lams, go thru those maintenance chests, and see what you can find.  There should be a torque bar in there. I’ll go through these.” Max said as he pointed across the hangar. 

Lams ran across the bay and Max dug into the nearest chest as G began to unlock the door.  His fingers raced from one circuit to another as years of schematics and ship diagrams flashed through his mind.  A couple of times he had to backtrack as he confused this ship with others he’d worked on. 

“Got it!” yelled Lams from the far side of the bay.

She loped back to the door drag-carrying the large pry bar.  It looked like something you use to straiten out a TIE wing.  Max pulled his head out of a large storage crate and headed back to the door.

“Done yet?” he asked with a tinge of anticipation in his voice.

“Almost…” G answered.  “…and, there!”  An audible whir, much like the previous locking sound, filled the air. The noise was punctuated by a dull click-thud as the doors unbolted.  G stepped back a few paces and pulled his sidearm.  The subsequent blaster bolts turned the control panel into so much molten slag. 

From the other side of the door, they suddenly heard a commotion. 

“It seems they didn’t expect us to pick the lock.” Quipped G as that same smile returned to his face.

“Well, let’s see what other unpleasant surprises we can give them.” Stated Max. 
“We can open the doors, what can we hit them with. I’ve still got my blasters and a vibro, what’ve you two got?” he asked.

“I’ve got my blaster, an E-11 and a vibro as well.” Lamel stated.

G rattled off his personal weapons inventory,” I’ve got a couple of blasters, my Armor-piercing rifle, a Flechette, my vibro…..and a Thermal Detonator.”

Max snorted a smile,”Atrasin, I think I’m gonna like you.” 

G ran back to his TIE and retrieved the TD.  The three of them worked out the plan.  They would use the pry bar to open the doors enough to get the TD through.  The TD would be set with a dead man’s switch.  As soon as the TD went off they would open the doors, clear the remaining pirates, and wait for Trevor and the rest.  Max and G grabbed the pry bar and started to work on the door.  Lams laid flat on the floor and sighted a good angle on where the doors would soon open.  The two men strained at the resistance the doors gave. 

“I thought you unlocked these damned things.” Max spat.

“I did, I didn’t say they’d be easy to open.” G countered.

This went on for a few minutes with little success before they needed a break.  As  they stood trying to regain their strength, Lams jumped up and ran back across the bay.

“Where the hells is she going?” wheezed G’shlecc.

Max shrugged.  Lamel rummaged through the maintenance crates for a few moments and then returned carrying …something.

“Servo-ram.  They use it to open stuck hatches and straiten out really bad bends.” She stated as she held the equipment out to Max.

“Perfect.” He said.

Lams reset the ram to its smallest position, and placed the pry edges in the slightly parted doors. 

“OK, when this is activated it will open the doors about, 8-10 cm.” Lamel said.

“Perfect, I’ll throw the TD in and jump out of the way.  Everyone else, stay back.  Ready?  Go!” Said G.

Lams hit the Servo-ram’s activator and jumped behind the nearby crate barrier left over from the previous firefight.  Max, already there, hunkered down.  G armed the TD and set the dead man’s switch.  He ran across the now opening mouth of the entrance, chucked the TD through the slot, and dove for the cover of the barricade. 

“Fu….” Yelled someone.

The word was terminated by a very loud, very large, very serious explosion.  A wall of flame shot through the opening in the doors.  G’shlecc had set the TD for it’s full 20 m. diameter.  The three pilots looked up from where they lay to see a blast charred door still in the position they left it.  Hangar doors were hardy constructs. Atrasin knew that the TD wouldn’t knock’em out

The same could not be said for anyone one the other side of that door.  Flight 3 made their way to the entrance, weapons drawn.  It was mop-up time.  Lams held her E-11 at the ready as G and Max pulled the two halves of the door apart.  Once the doors parted enough for her she stuck her rifle around the corner and pulled off a half dozen shots.  There was no reply.  The boys got the doors open enough for all three to fit through, and on cue entered the hall.

For 10m on either side of the Bay entrance nothing remained but ash.  G could make out the faint outlines of several bodies, now nothing more than silhouettes.  At the outer edge of the blasts radius he found the remains of a Rodian pirate, well half of the remains. 

“He must have been just inside the radius” G’shlecc noted.

Max  kicked at the remains of the fallen Rodian, and didn’t see much else.

“Either they bugged out after the blast, or we got them all.  Let’s set up a barricade out here, I don’t wanna get trapped like that again.” He barked.

“Will do, Chief.” Said G. 

He and Lams started to pull the maintenance chests out in the hall.  The barricade took only a few minutes to set up as Max commed Trevor the situation. 

“We’ll be ready for you when you get here.  Just knock first, we don’t want to shoot the XO.” Max joked. 

“Roger that, Evenson out.” Trevor replied.

Max turned to see Atrasin propping a few of the dead pirate bodies on the outer side of the defenses. 

“They weren’t doing anything, so I thought I’d put them to use.” Quipped Atrasin as his smile returned.

Max took up his position and waited for the rest of Nazgul to come home, he looked to Lams, and then G’shlecc.

He chuckled “I definitely like you G’shlecc, most definitely.”

OOC:
WC-1379  Bring it on home, and don't mind the smell of barbeque
LCRW Gshlecc "Driver" Atrasin/Nazgul 3-11/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN/VE/[=A=]

Vacuus Ordo , Nex

-Without Order, Death
Lamel_Evas
ComNet Novice

Lamel_Evas

Post Number:  50
February 23, 2008 9:07:17 PM    View the profile of Lamel_Evas 
As Lamel drops down behind the barrier, she grins. "Oh this is fun, very fun. Yeah, we dun't wanna shoot our XO do we?" She glanced at the area in front of them. There was the doors which were opened and she wanted to run into the outer doors but it wasnt very safe at all. No, not now it wasn't. She wandered in her mind as she stood there thinking on the past. What would happen now? Would she be alright.

Max saw this and tapped Lams on the shoulder making her jump. "Don't do that!" She yelled to him. Nearly backhanding him. "I am sorry Lamel, didn't think you'd do that. Be nice." He ordered and gently sat her back down, she needed a break after searching the boxes. "You need some sleep but wait till we get home." He said, concerned about Lamel but not in that sense. She was sleepy and wanted to rest a bit, but everytime she'd shut her eyes she made them snap open for some unknown reason.

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Search and Rescue  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:39:18 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 121  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >