Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Last Man Standing

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Nazgul Squadron: Last Man Standing
Castor
ComNet n00b

Castor

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  18
  RE: Nazgul Squadron: Last Man Standing
December 7, 2007 8:41:27 PM    View the profile of Castor 
Castor could hardly believe his eyes. In less than twenty seconds, he had lost two wingmen and more NR fighters were coming in to finish the job. The wreckage of both Kaz and Polar 4 lay scattered across the cosmos, filling Castor with sadness and anger. He looked at his radar and saw the X-Wings closing in for the kill. He didn’t want to give them that chance. He commed in to Max:

“Max, let’s haul ass. If they get here, we’re done for.”

Max gave a grunt. “I’ve got you, Castor. We can let the others take care of them. We have to look for some stragglers. Hopefully we can put this back in our favor.”

Castor nodded as he flew in alongside Max and jettisoned back into the main fight. Polar, Nazgul and Dragon squads were flying around in a deadly dance, almost a blur. Castor could see as a B-Wing got ripped to pieces by one of the Dragon squad members. It brought a smile to his face. He started to look for his target when he finally found it: a lone X-Wing, coming around for a pass at some of the outer members of the TIE fighters. Castor marked the target on the radar for Max.

“I know that your shields are down, Max. Don’t worry, I’ll let you take him, I’ll act as bait.”

Castor hit full throttle and punched out of the death trap that was the dogfight in front of the ISD. He targeted the X-Wing and muttered to himself, “C’mon, fishy, take the bait...” The trick worked. The X-Wing spun around and brought down laser fire on Castor’s TIE. Most of it missed; they were simply wild shots. However, a few did hit, but they hadn’t done any considerable damage. Castor was busy weaving back and forth just so the X-Wing couldn’t get a missile lock; he hoped that it would work. And for a time it had: until Max had gotten into position. As he was about to take his shot, laser fire cut off Max. His voice cut in on the comm.

“Sorry, Castor, you’ll have to take this one. I have my hands full it seems.”

Castor gritted his teeth as the X-Wing fired intermittent bursts of laser cannon fire. Castor was doing fine until a small alarm went off in his cockpit.

“Damnit, he got a missile lock!” Castor shouted. He hit full throttle and shot off like a bullet into the cosmos. Unfortunately so did the torpedo. It weaved where Castor did, and he was starting to get scared. But then he decided to try a risky move. He flipped is TIE into an upward spin and went straight at the X-Wing. The X-Wing must have thought he was crazy, because he started to open fire. Castor was starting to get anxious. Just a little closer... Right before he would have hit the fighter, Castor dived straight down. The torpedo’s tracking computer couldn’t handle the sudden movement. Unfortunately for the X-Wing, it couldn’t move fast enough, and was pulverized to space dust. A voice crackled over the comm.

“Castor, that was one of the most beautiful maneuvers I’ve ever seen. But we can talk about that later. We have some work to do.”

OOC:
WC 546. 8 Nazgul, 7 Polar, 10 Dragon left. For the NR, 9 B-Wings, 21 Y-Wings, 20 A-Wings, 28 X-Wings
SCRW/Castor/Nazgul 11(3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  647
Total Posts:  860
December 8, 2007 12:22:39 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Cyleaf was doing his best to engage a Y-wing that was trying to make a strafing run on the ISD. He had gotten behind the enemy bomber and was blasting hard on the rear shields with his cannons, grinning as the shielding blinked different colours before finally burning out. A few cannon shots left black marks on the fuselage, but most just missed harmlessly. Cyleaf figured he was best not to screw around anymore though, with the amount of enemy fighters he had to get the kill and start searching for another.

He flipped from cannons to concussion missiles and adjusted the targeting computer, working hard to get a lock on the randomly moving Y-wing. It had disengaged its strafing run but Cyleaf was planning to take it out because he knew it’d make another as soon as it got the chance. With a confirmation warning sound, Cyleaf prepared to depress the trigger that would unleash the missile onto the back end of the Y-wing.

A second later a whooshing noise below his feet told him that a missile had launched and he leaned back in his seat, gazing at the streak of blue light as it shot towards the rear of the bomber. It took him a second to realize that the warning sounds had not gone off in his cockpit, and a quick check showed that he had a missile lock on his fighter and had since he got his own lock.

Spinning around in his seat he peered at the rear screen that mimicked the rear view port, and punched his control yoke forwards when he spotted the warhead on a path towards his fighter.

The move was too late though, Trevor sighed as he saw Cyleaf’s fighter burst into a fireball not too far from his own. It could have been considered revenge from the ISD or simply pure luck, but the X-wing that had fired the missile that killed Cyleaf was torn to shreds by a turbo laser blast from the ISD.

“Serves you right, bastard.” Trevor said to himself, turning his attention back to the B-wing he was following, but his mind stayed on the explosion a few seconds prior. If we keep losing guys like this, this is going to take a lot more effort then I thought.

“This is Dragon Six, confirming a kill on an X-wing. We’ve lost Polar Two though, and Polar One is being hit hard.” Dragon Six’s AI informed the rest of the squadron. Trevor sighed, things weren’t looking good for them at all.

Cyleaf swore to himself as he pushed the cockpit open. They were getting their asses kicked out there and he was now out of the fight because he wasn’t paying close enough attention to the warning sounds within the TIE. Rookie mistake, damn it. He thought to himself as he left the simulator room and made his way towards the debriefing room where the rest of the ‘dead’ Nazgulians were waiting.

OOC:
WC 501. We’ve got 7 Nazgul, 5 Polar (consider Polar 1 dead), 10 Dragon. NR is down to 9 B-wings, 20 Y-wings, 20 A-wings and 27 X-wings.
SC/1LT/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06
Still the VEN's #1 writer as of ESC `07

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  2175
December 9, 2007 2:52:09 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora spun his TIE just in time to avoid the red lasers that went lancing by. He craned his neck just in time to see an X-Wing zoom past. Trevor was busy somewhere. Jegora shrugged his shoulders and throttled up his TIE. He had nothing to lose.

As he chased the X-Wing he counted friendly radar blips. Someone was missing. He counted again. He got the same results. He checked the IFF codes and saw that Cyleaf was gone. Not another one, he thought to himself.

This fight was getting interesting. The red blips on his screen almost completely covered up the red ones. This battle was going downhill fast. Jegora was glad it was just a simulation. Something like this were to happen and shit would hit the fan, he thought to himself.

Jegora’s radio beeped, interrupting that train of thought. Trevor’s voice popped into his helmet. “Two, this is Lead. Where are you?”

Jegora flipped on his transponder to let Trevor see his location. “I’m chasing an X, looks to be going after one of ours,” he said.

“Roger that,” Trevor said. “I’m chasing a bogey as well. Good hunting.” With that he cut the connection.

Jegora sped up and got within range of the X-Wing. As he did so the X-Wing rolled away. Jegora quickly cut his TIE into a sharper turn, hoping to cut the X-Wing off before he got to far away.

It worked. As the X-Wing pulled out of the turn Jegora got a lock. He switched his lasers over to linked fire and depressed the trigger. The X-Wing pilot, sensing danger, pulled up at the last moment. Only two of Jegora’s laser caught the large New Republic fighter in the rear, splashing harmlessly against the shields.

Jegora cursed. The X-Wing had somehow managed to turn around and now was coming right at him. The last thing Jegora wanted was a jousting match with a fighter like the X-Wing. He quickly rolled his ship to the right, and spun it around, dropping the throttle to almost nil.

He timed the move perfectly, waiting almost until the X-Wing was past him. He made the turn, throttled up and sped after the bewildered X-Wing pilot who had apparently flown against TIE Interceptors before.

Jegora smiled as he blew the X-Wing into a thousand little pieces. The X-Wings were no match for the interceptors in a fur ball like this. It was the A-Wings one had to worry about.

Speaking of A-Wings..., Jegora though.

He spun his TIE around and sped off after an A-Wing that was chasing Trevor.

OOC:
423 words. I killed an X-Wing, so that makes it 26 X’s plus whatever there was before.
Jegora Fal

FM/PO2 Jegora Fal/Nazgul 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE (=*A*=)  [MC1]

Exitus acta probat
-The ends justify the means.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  648
December 9, 2007 3:54:22 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor was picking on Y-wings, taking on multiple opponents at a time in his attempts to scare them off of their bombing runs. By now the ISD was in pretty rough shape, having had a lot of the turbo laser stations destroyed and one of the shielding towers was spitting sparks out into space at an incredible rate. The Y-wings and B-wings were doing their job at a scarily efficient rate, and Nazgul, Dragon and Polar Squadrons weren’t able to do much to stop them. So far Dragon had the claim to the least amount of casualties, their rearward facing turrets on the Avengers doing a fine job of keeping enemies off their backs. They’d lost only a single pilot to a badly timed rolling maneuver.

The pilot’s programming hadn’t checked anywhere near the fighter and it rolled into a Y-wing, separating one of the TIE’s wings and causing it to spin and crash into the foreword deck of the ISD. The Y-wing jerked in the direction it’d been hit towards but aside from that seemed to suffer no ill effects from the collision. Trevor had almost laughed out loud as he watched it. Having been a Y-wing pilot for a good part of his career, he knew just how tough the old beasts could be, but found such a collision to be unbelievable.

He’d managed to separate both engines from the Y-wing that had crashed into Dragon 10, and grinned as it missed the edge of the ISD and sailed off into the space farther on, eventually coming to rest in the hanger bay of a wounded NR ship. It was then that he noticed he had picked up a follower, and it took him another second to realize there were two of them.

“Hey, two, this is lead. I could use a hand here, I’ve got a pair of baddies on me.” Trevor explained, swerving left and right and random to avoid the shots of the A-wing behind him.

“Two of them? I only see the one I’m shooting at. Check your scanner, One. I’m pretty sure that second dot is green.” Jeg pointed out, and Trevor laughed when he realized it was true. He cut hard to the left and threw his fighter into an upwards-rolling immelman.  The A-wing stayed on him, as did Jegora. The fight didn’t last too long, the A-wing pilot must have been a rookie because he allowed Jegora open access to the rear of his fighter without trying to get out of the way, while Trevor was weaving too and fro.

“Woohoo! Got him, Lieutenant.” Jegora said, his voice seeming confident. Trevor sighed and looked around. During their flight, they had managed to escape the main fray of the battle and had a good view of what was going on in the monstrous dogfight. While the numbers were still against them, Trevor couldn’t help but feel his confidence bolstered as he saw the strong fight the two and a half squadrons were putting up. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted something flying straight at the sparking shielding tower of the ISD, and recognized it to be one of the Polar Squadron TIEs.

“Quick, someone shoot down that fighter before he crashed into the shielding tower!” Trevor ordered, almost unable to believe that he’d just called down a friendly fire move. To save the ISD they’d let it slide though, there’s no way he’s pulling out of that. Trevor thought to himself. He was right. None of their pilots could make it in time, but it had stopped mattering when he was within 200 meters of the tower. His craft penetrated the durasteel and set off a massive explosion on the port side of the command tower of the ISD. Trevor saw the shots on the starboard side light up the shields brightly for a moment before the shields flared and blinked out, allowing the shots coming from some of the NR ships to make it through.

“Shit. That’s bad, eh?” Jegora said as the two pilots threw themselves into the dogfight once again.

“You bet it’s bad. We’re going to have to pull out of this fight if that ISD gets destroyed.” Trevor said to himself, hoping that they’d be able to pull off an escape if they needed to.

OOC:
WC 723. We’ve got 7 Nazgul, 4 Polar, 9 Dragon, 26 X-wings, 9 B-wings, 19 Y-wings, 19 A-wings. And a wounded ISD.
SC/1LT/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC]

Clearly Canadian!
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  2428
Total Posts:  2685
December 9, 2007 4:41:25 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Max and Castor had found themselves locked into one frantic dogfight after another with the seemingly unlimited number of New Republic starfighters. X-Wings and A-Wings danced all around them, almost seeming to taunt them with vastly superior numbers. For every fighter Max shot down, he felt like two more appeared to replace it.

"Eleven, how are you holding up over there?"

"Not so hot, Nine," Castor replied, his voice a little shaky. "I've got two A-Wings all over me and I just can't seem to shake them."

A-Wings were a TIE Interceptor pilot's worst nightmare. They were just as maneuverable, slightly faster, and had better shields. At the moment, Max really wished he were flying one of those TIE Avengers instead.

"Hang in there, Eleven, I'm gonna try to take a pass at your trails. I've got an X-Wing on me, but maybe I can shake him off if..." Max trailed off as he began the maneuver, realizing that narrating his exact moments wouldn't do Castor much good. All his wingman needed to know was that help might be on the way. Let's see just how good I am...

He slammed the flightstick hard to the right while simultaneously throwing the interecptor into a barrel roll. A second later, he took the risk of draining power from his lasers into his engines, hoping to get that burst of speed that would allow him to pull away from the X-Wing that was attempting to pursue him.
  His cannon power began to fade away, but the drain was slow enough that his guns would still pack quite a punch. He flipped a switch near his trigger to activate quad-fire mode, and then began taking shots at the A-Wings trailing after Castor.
  Yes! The A-Wings had not expected him to close in on them so quickly, and were not able to evade his shots in time. The closer of the two exploded and he was sure he'd done heavy damage to the second before it had dove into an evasive maneuver.
  And looking back, he saw that his trailing X-Wing had been left in the dust. Whoo. I guess I'm as good as I thought.

"Thanks for the help, Nine," Castor said. "I'm gonna sweep around and try to finish the other A-Wing off."

"Roger that; leave this X-Wing to me." Max smiled as he pulled power from the shields back into his cannons and flipped around to face the oncoming X-Wing. The smile faded as blue energy beams began to fly in front of his cockpit.

"Nine, we've got B-Wings incoming!"

Yeah, I realize that. "Cut the chatter, Eleven! Evasive maneuvers!"

A couple of the bolts slammed into his ship as he wildly weaved back and forth, attempting to get away from the surprise attack. He grimaced as his shield indicator light went from green to red. Enough hits from those ion cannons would not only lower his shields, but knock his entire fighter out of comission.
  How did those B-Wings sneak up on us like that? He hadn't noticed any other fighters within firing range, but now there were four B-Wings in the fray. And although the Republic fighter-bombers were slow, they packed enough firepower to take out small warships on their own. He and Castor wouldn't last long if they couldn't put some distance between them and their attackers.
  Then it hit him. Of course! Max felt dumb for not realizing it sooner. Republic A-Wings were sometimes equipped with jamming beams. While not that powerful, they could disrupt sensors enough to create havoc. Just like this.
  He continued to juke back and forth, hoping the B-Wings wouldn't land another shot, but things didn't look good. The X-Wings was all over him now, too, and there really was nowhere to go. But wait a second. If there was an A-Wing jamming me, where is it...?
  The answer came soon enough as a missile lock warning lit up on his HUD. Shit. Apparently there had been another A-Wing in the fight the entire time, and Max nor Castor had noticed it.

"Nine, we've got A-Wings equipped with jamming beams out here! You're not going to be able to rely on your sensors."

"Then what am I supposed to do, Flight?" The young pilot's voice was definitely shaky now.

"We're in a no-win situation," Max responded, sending his interceptor through another intricate series of maneuvers. He managed to break the seemingly-invisible A-Wing's missile lock, picked a point in space in front of him, and slammed the throttle forward. "Let's make a run for it. Throw full power into your engines and shields, pick a point and space, and high tail it out of there. If we can outrun them, we can try to group back up later."

"Okay, Nine..." Castor didn't sound very confident that Max's plan was going to work, but it was the only thing he could think of that was going to save them.

Petty Officer Fagron wished there was some way to look behind him, but he'd just have to trust that he was outrunning the Republic fighters until he could get away from that A-Wings jamming beam. Just as he thought he'd made his escape, he heard his fighters twin ion engines cut out.
  No! One of the B-Wings must have clipped him with an ion cannon. His shield dissipated and the lights on many of his instrument panels winked out. There was nothing he could do now - he was ionized. I'm a sitting duck. Worse, his comm system was out now. No way to let Castor know what happened.

He didn't get too much longer to worry about it. A few seconds later a concussion missile slammed into one of his wings, ripping the Imperial fighter in two.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

Sighing, Nazgul Nine exited the simulator. He wasn't too proud of what had happened toward the end, but at least he'd put up a good fight and gotten a handful of kills. As he headed back to the debriefing room, Max hoped that Castor's escape had fared better than his own...

OOC:
6 Nazgul, 4 Polar, 9 Dragon VS 26 X-Wings, 9 B-Wings, 19 Y-Wings, and 17 A-Wings. Keep up the good work - don't let Viper win this without a fight!
SCAP/COM Darkhawk/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=SCPA=)(=MA=)(=FCO=)[LoR][LSM][BRC][MC1][CBV.][VC:E][NDM][KC:OC]

SW Darkhawk/Eagle 1-2/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[VP:1][SoY][EoP][CR]
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited December 9, 2007 4:54:23 PM)]
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  236
December 9, 2007 4:47:47 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue kept his Interceptor moving as fast as he could. And in every direction he could. Trying to survive while taking on two squadrons of X-wings with less than a half a dozen Interceptors kind of called for it. It had been himself, Rutian, Casca, and two of the remaining Polar Interceptors. Between them, they had managed to knock down three of the X-wings, a pair of Y-wings, and a single A-wing.

But in return, the ISD had taken several key hits, and both of the Polar's had been taken out. At this rate, all of the VE defenders would be wiped out soon.

“Five to One. I hope you have something up your sleeve Trevor. This is getting extra deep.” Rogue radioed.

“Roger Five.  Nothing yet, but I'll let you know when I do.  And hey, its just a simulation.” Trevor radioed back.

Rogue swept after another X-wing, spraying its after end with laser fire. He kept after it, following it as it wove its way through the remains of the ISD's defensive fire.  Suddenly as they passed the edge of the ISD's hull, the X-wing snapped up and rolled hard through the vertical, diving hard toward the ISD's belly.  Rogue snapped his Interceptor through the same move, sticking after this X.

Suddenly, his shields lit up from someone shooting at him. A quick peek out the aft viewport, and he found the X-wing's wingman had shown up.  He broke hard, jinking and twisting to get out of this X's way. 

He managed to get his viewport upright in relation to ISD's hull, just in time to see a massive fireball erupt from the ISD.  He had to through the Interceptor through another series of moves to escape the fireball and cloud of debris.  But he wasn't quite successful, and he nearly lost his lunch as the remains of a tech bounced off his cockpit ball.

This thing gets too real some days!  That was gross.

But there is only one thing that could cause that kind of explosion. They got the main hangar.

“Five to One. ISD's hangar is gone.” Rogue radioed.

OOC:
WC: 365.
FL/2LT Rogue/Nazgul 2-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE / [MC1][VC:B]
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  38
December 9, 2007 5:00:01 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora and Trevor were back together now. He heard Castor report, rather shakily, that Max was gone. Then he heard Rogue report that the ISD’s hangar was gone.

This is great, he thought to himself. How the hell are we supposed to win this one?

He knew, of course, that they weren’t supposed to win. They were supposed to lose. This was to humble them, and to prepare them for advanced situations in which no one could ever imagine.

Jegora spun his ship just in time to avoid blasts from two X-Wings. The X’s somehow had managed to sneak up behind them. As the large ships zoomed past and split up, Jegora broke off. He didn’t have to comm. Trevor. They had done this enough times in the last hour that Jegora knew what to do.

Kicking his throttle up to full power he chased after an X-Wing. They were still on the edge of the fight, and his threat radar was fairly wide open. He knew that there wasn’t much chance of any backup coming to assist the New Republic fighters, but that didn’t stop him from checking his radars.

As soon as he thought that Jegora noticed another blip on his radar. It was another X-Wings heading straight for him. He sighed. He should have known better than to assume anything.

He quickly got within range of the X-Wing. He didn’t waste any time. He knew that he had another target coming up behind him and he wanted to get rid of the threat in front of him fast. He got within a few hundred meters, fired a few distracting shots, and let go a concussion missile.

As soon as he fired the missile Jegora broke down and away from the fighter, at full speed. He didn’t want his ship to get caught in the concussive blast that was sure to follow. As he zoomed away from the X-Wing he saw an explosion out of the corner of his eye, and felt a wave rock his fighter slightly.

“This is 2. Splash another X,” he reported over the comm.

Jegora was feeling rather good about himself until he remembered the other X-Wing. He managed to go evasive just in time to avoid most of the X’s shots, but a couple glanced off his shields. It was enough to cause a warning light to go off.

Aw shit, Jegora thought to himself.

OOC:
443 words. Down to 22 X’s.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
[This message has been edited by Jegora (edited December 9, 2007 5:04:07 PM)]
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  141
December 9, 2007 5:52:18 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Trevor had gotten back to him while he was taking care of yet another Y-wing. Rogue recognized the sounds over the com. There wasn't anything they could do about the hangar bay. Anymore hits and the ISD wouldn't be worth protecting. Jeg reported in that he had gotten another X-wing as well.

That evens the odds, oh...about a single percent.

Suddenly his shields light up as he spotted an A-wing making a run on him. Now the A-wing expected him to break to starboard and try to get away. So he broke hard to port, and turned into the oncoming A-wing. His shield gage dipped deep into the red as he made the turn, and opened up with his lasers.

But with both fighters combined speeds, it was a short head to head pass, and they were racing away from each other. As he came around to pick up the A-wing, he spotted something much more pressing. The two surviving Polar Squadron Interceptors had become separated while engaging a flight of Y-wings. And now a B-wing was lying up to make a run on what his sensors told him was Polar Ten.

He had a choice to make, he could chase that A-wing or he could save Polar Ten. Both were just creations of this simulation, so killing the A-wing meant he got another kill, but saving Polar Ten meant not just another kill, it meant one more defender was still there to help keep the simulation going.

Polar Ten it is.

He put the stick hard over to starboard and went after the B-wing. But the B-wing was a lot closer to Polar Ten then he was to the B-wing. So he had to go faster. That meant dumping extra power to the engines. And there were only two places to get that power from. His lasers or his shields. He would need the lasers to kill the B-wing, but his shields were still attempting to recharge from that A-wing's assault.

Lasers or shields? Got to be one of them. What to do. What about a missile? That's it. A missile 's faster!.

He flipped the weapon switch to warheads and waited for the lock-on. He hoped it would be in time.

OOC:
WC: 396    Down to 22 X-wings, 9 B-wings, 16 A-wings, and  16 Y-wings.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  649
December 9, 2007 7:20:01 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had split off from Jegora to take on his of the two X-wings. It was a short-lived fight when Dragon Two showed up and lent a hand, the two fighters lancing the rear of the X-wing with bolts. It would have been shorter had Dragon Two not been forced to break off when he changed his target from the X-wing to a Y-wing on the way towards the undefended ISD. It didn’t matter now though, the ISD was pretty much pointless to defend. Now that the shields were down the bombers were having their way with the ship, and a New Republic Neb-B had shown up to help them out, pounding on the Starboard side of the defenseless ship.

“This is Rogue, Polar 10 is down but so is a B-wing. Lending help to Polar 9, we’re taking on some Y-wings. Wish us luck.” Rogue reported over the comm. as he swung his fighter around to make an attack run on a group of Y-wings that was dancing around with Polar 9. Trevor ignored that battle, concentrating on the fleeing X-wing in front of him. He considered using one of his two final missiles, but pushed the thought away. Might need those later He thought to himself as he followed the X-wing in a gliding arc towards the ISD.

A few shots into the rear of the fighter and it was beginning to limp when Jegora formed up on his wing. Trevor couldn’t help but smile to himself. Let’s get this done. His mind told him as he and Jeg opened up on the fighter, a stream of green fire tearing it to shreds.

“Perfect Jeg, wonderful timing. We’ve got Three A-wings catching up to us, lets put ‘em through their paces.” Trevor ordered as he caught sight of three blips flying in formation across his radar screen towards them.

OOC:
WC 315. Down to 21 X-wings, 8 B-wings, 16 A-wings, and  16 Y-wings.

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  39
December 9, 2007 7:44:36 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora grinned to himself. He loved simulations. All the joys of flying and none of the downs...such as dying. Jegora pushed his TIE to full throttle and sped along in formation with Trevor. Straight towards an A-Wing squadron.

The two interceptor pilots rolled their ships as they passed between the A-Wings. It worked, and neither of them took fire. They came around in a loop and faced the A-Wings again. This time the A-Wings weren’t flying such a tight formation. Jegora and Trevor were.

“Alright,” Trevor said, “let do this. Aim for the center hostile.”

Jegora acknowledged the command. He doubted very much they could hit the small ship as they passed, but it was worth a shot. If they could bring the A-Wing numbers down one, it would be an even fight.

As they closed Jegora opened up with his green lasers a split second ahead of Trevor. None of the shots managed to connect, but it broke up the A-Wing formation even more. Trevor laughed over the comm. unit. He was enjoying this just as much as Jegora was.

“Alright 2, lets show ‘em what an interceptor can do.” It was Trevor’s voice over the radio.

Jegora grinned to himself. He had pulled this maneuver many times during this simulation, but it always seemed to work. The two Imperial pilots pulled a loop and came back to face the A-Wing flight.

Jegora rested his hand on his throttle, waiting for the command to cut speed and spin his ship around.

OOC:
WC: 252!
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  650
December 9, 2007 7:54:45 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
“Here we go!” Trevor commanded, cutting his own throttle and throwing the ship into a spin to port while Jegora went starboard. They had been flying straight at the A-wings, playing a would-be deadly game of chicken, had the simulation been reality. On his command they had rolled out of the way of the A-wings and spun around, now following them. The odds were still against them though, with the third A-wing being a major wildcard in the dogfight. Trevor was preparing to open up with his cannons when the center A-wing dropped downwards while the other Two began upwards loops.

“Shit, they’re bugging out and going to try to get behind us. You keep an eye on the two going up, I’m going to chase the loner.” Trevor explained, planning to give himself, the more experience pilot, the challenge of avoiding two A-wings behind him while Jeg worried about shooting those two. His job was going to be to prevent the third A-wing from getting behind Jeg and providing a threat there. This can turn into a dangerous circle, right now. Trevor though to himself as he pushed the yoke forwards and dove the craft after the A-wing.

Despite being a tad bit slower then the A-wings, the TIE’s had a tighter turning radius and therefore he was behind the A-wing a lot sooner then the A-wing would have been behind him in a similar situation.

“This is Two, we’re coming up behind you now. You going to be able to handle him?” Jeg asked, taking a few pot shots at the A-wings. Trevor shrugged to himself but his optimistic mind about the battle prevailed.

“I sure hope so. Let’s do this.”

OOC:
WC 285. Same amount of ships as before.

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  40
December 9, 2007 8:06:34 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora followed both the A-Wings into the turn. They were chasing Trevor who in turn was chasing another one of the A-Wings. Apparently the A-Wing’s AI thought that saving their wing mate was more important than not getting shot.

Jegora didn’t care. Either way one of them, maybe both of them was dead.

Jegora followed them closely, lagging a bit behind. He was afraid to shoot for any extended period of time, less his shots miss and hit Trevor. That would NOT be good. So Jegora followed the A-Wings, taking pot shots to keep them distracted off Trevor.

Jegora knew that he had to even out the odds, or Trevor was going to get shot. He opened a link to Trevor. “Lead, pull up. I’m gonna try and dust one.”

Trevor paused for a minute before responding. Jegora knew what was going through his mind. If he pulled up he would lose his prey, but if he didn’t he would get shot. He could see the lasers flying past his cockpit. He decided to pull up.

Jegora watched as Trevor’s TIE yanked up sharply. The two A-Wings didn’t know how to react and were slow to follow him. Jegora took the clear shot, spraying one of the A-Wings with green laser fire and disabling its shields. One of its shots got through and hit the cockpit. Jegora watched as the A-Wing flew straight.

I must have killed the pilot, Jegora thought to himself.

His threat warning went off. The lead A-Wing, the one Trevor had been chasing, was behind him.

OOC:
Words: 260, minus 1 A-Wing.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  651
December 9, 2007 8:37:57 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor hesitated before pulling up but decided that he’d have another chance to get the A-wing he was chasing. He pulled away from the one he was right behind and slammed his throttles to their stops, pumping energy from his weapons to his engines to get the speed. He was planning to come around behind Jegora and help him out with one of the A-wings, but his plans were disrupted when the A-wing he had been following before swooped in behind Jegora. Back for me, eh? Trevor thought to himself as he dropped in behind the A-wing that had now started shooting at Jegora who was skillfully dodging the shots while still keeping pressure on his target.

“Alright Jeg, you did me a favor but now it’s time for you to listen to me on this one. I want to you yoyo to the left, your target’s already banking in that direction. I’m going to rain hell down on this A-wing and then we’ll pull some fancy shit to get that last one, alright?” Trevor said, and he heard Jeg confirm the order. He fiddled with his targeting computer for a moment, keeping it just from locking until the right moment.

When he saw Jeg arch up and to the left, Trevor confirmed the lock and hit the fire button. He rolled away from the missile and directed himself to the final A-wing, grinning again as Jeg pulled down in front of him. He looked out his rear view port in time to see the A-wing burst into a ball of flame as it twisted away in a sad attempt to evade. You deserved it, bitch..

OOC:
WC 280, down another A-wing

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  41
December 9, 2007 8:51:23 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora saw the second A-Wing explode into a pile of space debris. “Good shot Lead,” he said over his radio.

Trevor caught up to him and together they chased the A-Wing. This A-Wing was no novice, and he skillfully manipulated his crafts speed to stay just out of range. Jegora was starting to get frustrated.

“What do we do? He’s just playing mouse,” he said over the ship’s radio.

There was silence. He knew Trevor was thinking over his options. “Veer off,” he said.

Jegora was mute for a second. “What!?” he said finally.

“You heard me,” Trevor said. “Pull out.”

“I’m not gonna leave you alone,” Jegora retorted. In Basic Training they had been taught that to leave a wingman was to commit murder.

“That’s an order,” Trevor said.

Jegora couldn’t argue with an order. He pulled out. Sure enough as soon as he pulled out the A-Wing turned and flew right for Trevor. Cocky SOB isn’t he, Jegora though. As the A-Wing began firing Trevor’s voice came over the radio.

“I didn’t say stay out!” he said.

Jegora laughed. “Sorry boss, coming.”

Jegora sped into the fight. The A-Wing realized his mistake now and tried to pull out again, but Jegora was there to intercept him. He fired a series of green blasts at the small interceptor, but to no avail. The damn thing was just too small.

Jegora was chasing it now. It was pulling turn after turn, trying to get away from him. Jegora had managed to use his tight turn radius to keep the A-Wing in his sights, but he couldn’t get a shot.

“Lead this is 2. Dust this SOB and lets get out of here,” Jegora said over the radio.

OOC:
Words: 287. No hostile count change
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  652
December 9, 2007 9:10:35 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor’s guess had worked, thankfully. Jegora returned in time and was now following right close to the A-wing, a target with no chance for escape. The turning battle continued for a few seconds before Jegora got himself a series of clean shots, and thus another kill. He grinned to himself, thinking that Jegora was coming along to be a pretty skilled pilot.

“Let’s get ourselves back into the.. oh..shit.” Trevor said as he checked the signatures on his scanner. A Neb B was pulling itself into range, hammering hard on the starboard side of the crippled ISD. Jeg spotted it to, and they spun the fighters around to get a visual. “All right, here’s what we do.” Trevor started, switching his comm. to the squadron channel. “Nazguls, we’ve got a Neb-B showing up off the Starboard of that ISD. Let’s show those sim controllers what we can do and give them hell. Rogue, Castor, anyone else still alive in Nazgul Squadron, let’s kick us some ass.” Trevor said, his speech managing to give a bit of a confidence boost to the squadron. He heard a ‘yeehaw’ and other such words of excitement. We’re going for the big one here.

Trevor gunned the engines and launched himself towards the ISD, noticing as other members of Nazgul and Dragons quadroon began forming up on his wings. Soon they had the whole group out of the fighter battle, and Trevor looked back in slight relief. The squadrons of X-wings and A-wings were still trying to find their targets, their programming apparently not set up for a mass exodus of enemy fighters.

“We ditched ‘em boys, but don’t be thinking they won’t find us again. Let’s get in and do as much damage as we can before they get back to us.” Rogue informed the group and got a string of confirmations from the still remaining pilots. This oughta be good.

OOC:
WC 322, scratch another A-wing. We’re down to 21 X-wings, 8 B-wings, 13 A-wings, and 16 Y-wings, 1 Neb B. We’ve got on our side 6 Nazgul, and 9 Dragon Squadron members.

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited December 11, 2007 6:38:48 PM)]
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  42
December 9, 2007 9:22:40 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora swore. He like a good fight as much as the next man, but this was getting ridiculous. A Neb-B? What were fighters supposed to do against a Neb-B? Jegora swore again under his breath.

At least they had managed to ditch the fighters. Jegora felt bad relying on a programming fault to survive, but at this point in time Jegora would take what he could get. Trevor and Jegora led the charge towards the Neb-B.

You know, in any other battle I might have been nervous about charging a Neb-B, even in simulation, Jegora thought to himself. He was becoming more and more confident, taking bigger risks, often with greater rewards. He just hoped his newfound confidence wasn’t going to blow up in his face.

Trevor spoke over the radio. “Nazgul 1 to all pilots. Nazguls: arm concussion missiles. First salvo on my mark. Dragons...arm whatever you have. Lets bring this beastie down.”

Jegora was inspired by Trevor’s words. He flipped the selector switch up to ordnance and locked on to the Neb-B. He was feeling confident about the attack...until the Neb-B opened up with her lasers.

Jegora saw one of the TIE Avengers explode as it took a direct hit. A voice came over his communications unit. “Dragon 4 down, I repeat Dragon 4 is down.”

Jegora gritted his teeth and tightened his hands on the control sticks. Most of the laser fire was directed at Trevor and Jegora, so both of the Interceptor pilots were pulling evasive maneuvers like crazy.

“Salvo now!” Trevor yelled.

Jegora depressed the fire button and pulled up on his stick.

OOC:
Words: 268. Minus a Dragon Squadron pilot.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  653
December 9, 2007 9:31:36 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor fired his final concussion missile and jerked the control yoke sharply towards himself, pulling away from the Nebulon B. He was playing a deadly game here, but had to feel that their odds were higher against the Neb-B then against the fighters. At least here they could move faster then the cannons could aim. Even if a cannon were to start leading the fighter, a slight speed adjustment would throw the cannon’s aim off by a tremendous amount. Things would still be more even once the other fighters showed up, it’d give them a chance to kill a few off in the crossfire.

“Damage reports, anyone?” Trevor asked, hoping someone had managed to see where all they hit.

“Yes sir.” Rogue replied, pausing for a second to read the list of stuff off his scanners. “Looks like that managed to take the thing’s shields down. I don’t know how though, it must have just gotten out of another firefight and had been looking for an easy target. Normally they wouldn’t have even taken it down to half strength.” Rogue continued as Nazgul arced around the Neb-B, bearing down on the engines of the ship.

“Look sharp Nazgul, once we clear the engines it’ll be a free for all out there. Fire at will, the less coordinated we are right now, the less likely they are to catch us while we fly in formation. Give this thing hell, boys.” Trevor instructed before opening up a curtain of green at the engine couplers. He didn’t gain any small victories, but watched a missile streak towards one of the smaller engines, causing it to belch a string of flame before beginning to flick on and off, finally shutting down.

“One engine down, someone try and get the bridge a few times!” Castor called out.

OOC:
WC 302, no casualty changes.

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  43
December 9, 2007 9:40:09 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora pulled around the Neb-B, laughing silently. He didn’t know why, but he found this situation funny. He wouldn’t have normally in real life, but right now, in a simulation, it was hilarious. Here he was just flying past a Neb-B while lasers flew all around him. They couldn’t hit him.

As Jegora came around he acquired the Neb-B as a target for his next concussion missile. He had two left, and this one was going up the things nose. Literally. Jegora came up on the Neb-B from behind and shot past it.

He then pulled a loop, coming back around from the front. He made sure his target was acquired, then let his missile go. He pulled up and circled, watching it streak towards Neb-B.

Come on baby, come on, he thought silently.

He was in luck. The missile hit the bridge dead on, shattering two of the view ports. Durasteel quickly covered the holes, preventing a vacuum in the ship, but the bridge had taken a hit. There were sure to be casualties, and the Neb-B would be severely crippled for a while.

Jegora shot past the frigate, pulled another loop, and lined up for a run on the engines. As he did so several bleeps appeared on his radar.

“Lead, we have A-Wings!” he said. Sure enough, the A-Wings had finally come after them. Things were about to get a lot more interesting. Jegora gave up his strafing run and left the Neb-B to the others. It was disabled for the most part anyways.

Jegora formed up on Trevor’s wing and picked out a flight of A-Wings. It was time for a little more dog fighting. Jegora was really, really beginning to enjoy this exercise. He made a note to mention something about doing this more often to Trevor.

OOC:
Words: 302. A-Wings incoming, followed by other NR Fighters. Neb-B is crippled, but not dead by any means.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  654
December 9, 2007 9:49:38 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor wasn’t really doing much aside from making runs on the cannon emplacements on the Neb-B. He was out of missiles and wouldn’t be of any help in that situation, but could still take on turbo laser towers. He swooped in low along the surface of the ship, firing hard and fast at the base of a tower. Sparks shot out and flames followed as the tower imploded, squirting jets of flame out the base and the gun nozzles. Cool.. Trevor thought to himself just before Jegora mentioned that –wings were on their way. Trevor shrugged to himself and pulled away from the Neb-B.

Jegora had taken out the bridge for the meantime, but that didn’t stop the people manning the guns from trying to do their jobs. Red bolts sprayed all around Trevor and he felt a few rock his shields, but not to the point where he was beginning to worry about anything. He was charging the A-wings from the side, and none in their formation had noticed him. Yet.

He grinned to himself and unleashed a salvo of shots into them, the green tracers showing his aim was correct. The group scattered instantly, and not a moment too soon. Trevor flew through the empty space where they had once been and barrel rolled, feeling particularly cocky. He actually let out a laugh when he glanced out the rear view port and saw an A-wing get torn to shreds by the Neb-B’s guns. Apparently he had managed to transfer the lock from himself onto the A-wing. Score one for the good guys.

OOC:
WC 268. Down another A-wing to 12

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  44
December 9, 2007 9:57:11 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora couldn’t believe his eyes and the red blast from the Neb-B tore apart an A-Wing. It wasn’t the friendly fire that shocked him; it was the fact that the gunner had actually hit the A-Wing.

Jegora didn’t have much to ponder it. He was being chased by an A-Wing. Shots were flying over and below his ship, and the A-Wing was sticking tight. Jegora let out a wry laugh. This could be trouble.

Jegora had an idea. It was a crazy idea, and he was likely to get killed, but it might work. He cut his throttle to eighty percent, the optimum turn speed in a TIE Interceptor. He pulled up sharply on the stick.

The effect on Jegora’s TIE was amazing to watch and horrible to experience. The TIE did a complete loop...over an A-Wing. He heard Trevor let out a whistle over the radio. Jegora smiled and wiped sweat from his brow. He hadn’t actually thought that would work...

But now he was behind the A-Wing, and the A-Wing was trying to shake him. Jegora would have none of it and pressed the throttle to full. He was within in gun range now. Jegora flipped his fire selector to stutter and let loose on the A-Wing.

The effect was instantaneous. The A-Wing exploded in a giant ball of flame, and Jegora had to pull up to avoid it. He found Trevor and together they went on the hunt. The Nebulon-B was suffering under the combined fire of Dragon Squadron, and the Nazguls were keeping the A-Wings occupied.

So far so good, he thought.

OOC:
Words: 266. Down to 11 A-Wings.
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  655
December 9, 2007 10:05:54 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor grinned to himself as he watched more explosions erupt on the surface of the Nebulon B. The Avengers of Dragon Squadron were surprisingly lethal to the large ship, mostly because they still had all of their missile loads. Trevor put his full attention back to the dogfight though. Things were evening up now, the odds were two-to-one, at least until the rest of the NR craft decided to show up. Trevor counted his blessings as he noticed that they were still swarming the ISD, allowing the A-wings to concentrate on Nazgul and Dragon squadrons.

Trevor and Jegora were flying side by side chasing after an A-wing who had got separated by his wingman, or had him killed, and tormenting the poor AI pilot but shooting on either side of him to direct him where they wanted him to go. The plan to crash him into the Neb-B was working until a pair of A-wings locked on behind Trevor and Jeg, each of them getting peppered by light cannon fire. I bet you that they powered down their weapons in order to get some superior speed over us. Trevor thought to himself as he prepared to throw his fighter in a right hand spin away from Jegora. He stopped himself though when he noticed a green blip behind the A-wings on the radar. It was soon joined by another blip, who was to be identified as Rogue.

“Nazgul Five to Leader, we’ve got these two off your back. I think the battle’s temporarily in our favor!” Rogue exclaimed, opening fire onto the A-wing pilots behind Trevor and Jegora. One of them spun hard in the other direction while One of them stayed on Jeg, only to be obliterated.

“Damn right, Rogue. Get that other guy, we’ve got this one covered.” Trevor said as Rogue and Castor spun off in formation to chase after the one who ran.

OOC:
WC 319, down an A-wing to 10?

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  45
December 9, 2007 10:18:20 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
To Jegora the plan seemed like a good one. Shoot at the A-Wing, make it go where you want...which was right into the Neb-B. It was like dropping a really big pointy bomb. The plan was working until Trevor and Jegora started to get shot at.

Jegora stayed on his target, firing every now and then, but he had to go evasive. He noticed two green blips come up and blow on of the A-Wings into space dust. The other veered off. Jegora heard something about Rogue chasing down the runner, but he was zoned out. He was firing to the right of the A-Wing he and Trevor were chasing.

Suddenly the small ship went into a roll...right into the green lasers. Jegora looked on in astonishment. He had never seen anything like it. The A-Wing had actually flew into his lasers.

Trevor swore. “What was that?” he asked over the radio.

Jegora was dumbfounded. “I think he just committed suicide,” he replied.

Now Trevor was speechless. But for a different reason. The X-Wings had caught up now, and they had brought friends. 6 E-Wings were flying with the X’s. This fight was about to get even more interesting.

Trevor broke and Jegora followed him. It took him a couple seconds to figure out the plan. Trevor wanted to circle in behind the E-Wings and hit them in the rear. It seemed like a good plan. Jegora turned his fighter and followed Trevor.

As he flew Jegora opened a comm. link to the rest of the Imperial fighters. “This is Nazgul 2. Multiple X-Wings and E-Wing incoming. Watch your selves.”

He heard a chorus of acknowledgements. But he was already focused on the upcoming battle. He locked onto an E-Wing and pushed the throttle forward.

OOC:
292 Words. 9 A-Wings, 21 X-Wings, 6 E-Wings 8D
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  656
December 9, 2007 10:41:35 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had looped in behind the E-wings and was preparing for them to break formation at any second. It was then he realized that the larger fighter group was moving on to the bigger threat, Dragon Squadron. He quickly acquired a lock on an E-wing and noticed it twitch, but then the programming to attack Dragon Squadron took over and it maintained its course. They seriously need to work on the AI of some of these fighters. At least the A-wings are smart. Trevor thought to himself as he opened up on the rear end of the E-wing. It was then that the E-wings broke apart, but the X-wings kept going, as they didn’t have any threats behind them.

Jeg’s E-wing exploded before it could get very far, but Trevor’s only ended up becoming damaged. It limped along with the rest of the craft, becoming an easy target. Trevor didn’t worry about it too much though; he turned his attention to the X-wings. See, the nice thing about being all by myself and preparing to fly into a swarm of twenty-odd X-wings is that I know they’ll worry more about scattering from a random rain of fire rather then chase after me. He thought to himself with a smug grin on his face.

He soared towards the X-wings and opened up from a distance, peppering about eight different craft. I few of them took direct hull hits and swerved off to escape, obviously having been hit by some of the dying shots of the ISD. The others just glanced off shielding and had an effect of throwing a rock at a wasp’s nest. Pissed off pilots abandoned their chase for Dragon Squadron and instead swarmed towards Nazgul.

Oh. Shit.

OOC:
WC 295. 21 X-wings, 9 A-wings, 5 E-wings, 8 B-wings, 14 Y-wings (two destroyed during the ISD’s death) and a mortally wounded Neb-B. 8 Dragons, 6 Nazguls.

Clearly Canadian!
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  142
December 10, 2007 6:51:17 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue hit the A-wing he was chasing with yet another linked laser blast and finally it died. That done he brought the Interceptor around and started looking for another target. It was almost getting routine, kill one fighter, pick another and kill it, repeat.

But now that E-wings had appeared, it was a whole new ball game. At least there were only 6 of them, make that 5 as he watched Jeg killed one. E-wings were designed to kill other high performance starfighters like the Interceptor.  Suddenly, he spotted Trevor trying to take on all of the remaining X-wings at once.

And I thought I was the crazy one in the squadron.

He snapped the yoke over and sent the Interceptor arching toward Trevor. But at the rate Trevor and the X-wings were closing, it was going to be way too close.  And to complicate matters,  the rest of Dragon Squadron were hot on their heels. Suddenly, the threat warning screamed its shrill, meaning someone was trying for a missile lock on him. Instincts and training took over as he threw as much power as he could to the engines and started throwing the Interceptor all over space.

While he tried to loose the missile lock, he also started looking for the actually missile. Finally he spotted the red streak coming in. There was one better way to get rid of a missile. He yanked the fighter around to head right at the missile. Then he reversed the power flow and sent it all back to the lasers and shields. Once that was set, he flipped the lasers to single fire and starting spray bolts.

It was now a race against time. Laser bolts streaked across space, he was firing them so fast, it was like they formed a shrinking chain out to the oncoming missile. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, but was probably less than a minute, one bolt had the luck. It caught the missile head on, detonating with more than the typical explosion. But Rogue really didn't have time to notice. His Interceptor flashed through the explosion.

Ok, Time to find out who fired that at me.

OOC:
WC: 371. Didn't kill anything in this one.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  657
December 10, 2007 7:06:08 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
The X-wings had scattered and a few had turned towards him, but they quickly dropped him as a target as they realized that Dragon Squadron had broken off from the Neb-B and were now working over a few X-wings near the back. Trevor saw three light up as Dragon got within firing range, catching the X-wings off guard. He snapped a roll to port and began to run from the wasp’s nest he unleashed, focusing his fire on some of the E-wings. He quickly found the one he had wounded a few seconds prior and began blasting away at it, causing the AI pilot to begin changing his course, snapping the fighter back and forth quickly.

Not quickly enough. Trevor thought to himself as he squeezed and held down the trigger with the cannons set to stutter, quickly punching a hole through the light amount of shielding that had built up since his attack a short while ago and began to scrape the hull. Soon chunks of the E-wing had begun to separate as the craft began to slip apart, eventually separating totally. Trevor punched air and selected a new target, an E-wing that had taken a few rogue shots from the battle going on between the X-wings and Dragon squadron. Its shields registered at only 50% on Trevor’s scanners and he began shooting rapidly at the front of the fighter before the AI had a chance to react.

Without waiting to see how his attack faired, he spun once again to port and hoped that the E-wing would get behind him. No so much because he wanted to take a chance with getting shot, but he had greater plans for the E-wing. Something to do with leading it into a raging battle of X-wings and TIE Avengers.

OOC:
WC 300 We’re down another E-wing, so..4 of them, I think. Also, down three X-wings.

Clearly Canadian!
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  143
December 10, 2007 7:54:21 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue waited as the spinning B-wing filled his sights. This guy had been the one to shoot a missile at him, so now it was his turn to die.

Spinning the main wing around the cockpit to avoid incoming laser fire was an old trick for the B-wing. But Rogue had spent time flying B-wings. He knew the spinning trick and every other move this AI pilot could pull. The AI were always limited by the type of craft. A computer didn't typically think outside the box unless it was programmed too.

The quad engines filled the center of his targeting reticle and he mashed the trigger. Linked quad blasts spat out full of energy. This was the slowest way to fire, but it sent out the most power in each bolt. He watched as the laser energy drained away, but in return, one then another and another quad blasts slammed into the B-wing. At this range, the first two took out the shields, then the next two detonated the engines.

The B-wing went up as the engines let go. Rogue watched as the cockpit module split off, arching off toward the depths. Then it was gone as his Interceptor flashed through the debris. He felt debris bouncing off the wings, but he didn't have time to notice. Because suddenly someone started yelling over the radio.

“Got One on me! Someone help!” someone yelled.

“Five here, who needs help?” Rogue radioed back.

“Rogue, its Seven. I've got two E-wings all over me. Casca ran off chasing someone else.” Rutian radioed.

“Seven, hold on, I'm coming.” Rogue sent back.

He found Seven on the sensors and snapped the Interceptor around to a converging course. Even at this speed, it was going to be a close one. Rutain was trying to loose the E-wings, but they were designed for killing other fighters.

“Five to Squadron. Anyone able to help Seven?” he radioed.

All the answers came back negative. He watched as the E-wings viciously gunned Rutian out of space. His Interceptor went up in a fireball that arched across space.

One less defender. Looks like they turned up the settings on us.

“Five to Squadron. Seven's out of this one.” Rogue sent over the air.

OOC:
WC: 383, Minus 1 B-wing and Rutian.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  659
December 10, 2007 8:14:18 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Aslond swore as he get caught by the two E-wings and they began to open up on him. He tried everything he could to get away, from varying the throttle to snapping the fighter in different directions. He even attempted a risky move of rolling into the path of an X-wing and then back out in the direction he had come, hoping to catch one or both of the E-wings and cause them to crash into the X-wing, but neither of them were going to let him go that easily.

He tried a high-speed yo-yo, almost losing one of the fighters but it wasn’t enough. A barrage of red fire hit him from behind and chewed through the TIE’s digitalized body. The E-wings veered out of the way of the explosion and formed up once more to continue hunting other TIE’s. Rutain sighed angrily and shoved the hatch of his fighter upwards, climbing out roughly.

“Good attempt.” A tech that was watching the battle through one of the various viewing screens placed around the sim deck mentioned. Aslond glared at him and gave him a bit of a rough shove, then stormed off down the hall to the briefing room, cursing his squadron mates for not getting there in time to help him. It might be worth it for me to retire if they’re all going to be like that. No one even tried to come to my aid. He thought to himself, ignoring the fact that Rogue had been on his way to give him a hand.

OOC:
WC 260. Down to 18 X-wings, 9 A-wings, 4 E-wings, 7 B-wings, 14 Y-wings, a crippled Neb-B (aside from the weapons). 8 Dragons, 5 Nazguls.

Clearly Canadian!
Rogue
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Supporter

Rogue

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  144
December 10, 2007 8:53:59 PM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue streaked after the E-wings that had taken out Rutian. In his mind, he knew it was all just a simulation and not for real, but it still made him mad. But he couldn't let the anger get to him. After all, these AI were in E-wings. That alone meant the difficulty level had been cranked up. 

The E-wings were still looking for another target so it didn't look like they had spotted him yet.  He was coming in from above and behind them after all. They might have three over-powered lasers, but the center one did obstruct the pilot's upward and rearward vision.  Rogue used that to his advantage.

As the range scrolled down, he flipped his lasers to linked fire, so he would fire two with every trigger pull.  Finally the targeting reticle went red and he squeezed the trigger. Double lasers spat from his guns, peeling at the E-wing's shields.  Suddenly the leader went vertical as Rogue's target went evasive. He stuck with his current target, the wingman, and hoped Trevor, Jeg or Casca would get the leader before it got him.

The E-wing tried one series of evasive maneuvers, but the Interceptor was still more maneuverable than the E-wing in the hands of a skilled pilot.  And Rogue was such a skilled pilot. He had never flown a real E-wing,  but he did know how Rebel pilots were trained and how the computer imitated them.

And no computer can out fly a real human mind.

He stuck to the E-wing's tail and mercilessly raked it with laser fire. Even an E-wing couldn't stand up to such an assault forever. The shields finally gapped and Rogue watched as a pair of beams impacted on the top laser cannons. It splinted into pieces,  and he watched as tip came back and slammed into the cockpit. The E-wing went out of control and he blew the rest of it out of existence.

Take that.

“Five to Squadron. I got one of the frakers who got Rutian.” Rogue radioed.

OOC:
WC: 354. Down to 3 E-wings. Not sure about the others.
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  662
December 10, 2007 10:41:12 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
“Good kill, Rogue.” Trevor added as Rogue confirmed another dead E-wing. Someone might have set their difficulty setting up a couple of extra notches, but it didn’t seem to be effecting Nazgul Squadron so far. Despite the fact that they seemed to be losing pilots at equal intervals, the squadron itself was holding together strongly. They were down to five and Trevor knew that it’d be a short time until they were all finished, but that didn’t dampen his spirits. If this were real I might be having an anxiety attack brought on by Toks or something, but luckily for me it isn’t. He thought to himself, the thought of Tokijin only forcing him to want to try harder at the sim.

He took a quick second to catch his breath and wipe his sleeve across his forehead for the tenth time, catching the sweat before it dripped into his eyes and caused them to burn. He grabbed the control stick again with both hands and directed the fighter behind an X-wing, who was putting up quite a fight to prevent Trevor from getting a cannon lock. They jinked right and left in an almost synchronized dance of death, Trevor casting the occasional shot but missing most of the time.

The X-wing AI wasn’t completely stupid though, and performed a move Trevor wouldn’t have expected at all. It feinted left and cut it’s throttle while forcing the ship right, and Trevor blew right past him. Trevor took a second and looked through his rear view port, noting that the X-wing hadn’t abandoned the fight. Shit, fall for one of the oldest tricks out there. Well, Time to give this guy the ride of a lifetime. Trevor thought to himself as he twisted the yoke around and sent his fighter through a series of death defying acrobatics, trying to get himself behind the X-wing once again.

He threw the fighter hard left and cut the throttle slightly to allow himself a tighter turning radius. The X-wing hadn’t completely expected it and allowed himself to overshoot the tightly turning TIE. Trevor snuck in behind him once again and without even aiming he unleashed a series of linked cannon shots. He corrected his aim by use of the green tracers and did his best to anticipate the moves of the X-wing. Finally the X’s shields could take no more abuse and shut down, providing Trevor with a clear shot at the engines of the X-wing. He took a little more time now, taking advantage of the fact that he had not yet grown a tail of his own. Carefully aiming for each engine, Trevor fired a linked blast at all four, taking each one out of service. Finally the X-wing’s engines overloaded and detonated, blowing the craft apart and showering one of his friends with debris.

Serves you right.

OOC:
WC 482    17 X-wings, 9 A-wings, 3 E-wings, 7 B-wings, 14 Y-wings, a crippled Neb-B (aside from the weapons). 8 Dragons, 5 Nazguls.

Clearly Canadian!
Jegora Fal
ComNet Novice

Jegora Fal

Post Number:  46
December 11, 2007 2:10:46 PM    View the profile of Jegora Fal 
Jegora cringed as several red bolts flew over his TIE. He had gotten separated from Trevor during his commander’s suicidal attack on the entire X-Wing squadron. He had watched, horrified, as his commander took on twenty or so X-Wings and several E-Wings.

Somehow he had survived the attack, and now it was time for Jegora to help thin out the numbers. Nazgul had lost another pilot, and Dragon was barely holding under the onslaught, but Jegora was optimistic. Their kill-to-loss ratio was superb.

Jegora spun his TIE into a roll and lined up behind a X-Wing. The large ship immediately rolled away from Jegora, but not before he got a few shots off. The majority of the shots missed, but a few put a dent in the X’s shields.

Turning his fighter with the X-Wing, Jegora lined up another shot. He flipped his selector switch to linked fire and let loose on the X-Wing. After the first two shots the X’s shields were disabled. Another shot tore the hull apart.

“Splash one X-Wing,” Jegora reported.

“Good, now get your arse over here,” Trevor said.

Jegora checked his radar and saw that his squadron commander was being chased by an E-Wing. Jegora throttled up and sped after the E-Wing. He came at an angle, giving him a clear shot. The E-Wing didn’t seem to notice his predicament and failed to maneuver evasively. Jegora let loose with his cannons, still in linked fire.

After one blast of his cannons the E-Wing’s shields were suffering. The E-Wing rolled away and sped off, finally moving evasively. Jegora decided to let it go and rejoin Trevor.

OOC:
Words: 271. Minus one X-Wing for a total of 16
Jegora Fal

Exitus acta probat
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul Squadron: Last Man Standing  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:50:10 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 92  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >