Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
  RE: Ch. 7-B Navy
February 21, 2002 8:14:59 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Darkhawk's body felt like it had given up on life hours ago, but his mind and spirit were still intact. The interrogaters had been all over him for three straight days now with little rest for either the "prisoner" or his overseers. But the pilot hadn't given away anything more than he wanted to. They had gotten out of him vague details of his journey over the past few months, but Darkhawk had refused to tell them anything they could use against him or his sister. In fact, to his surprise, he had even omitted the encounter with Luke Skywalker from his tale. Perhaps his old loyalties to the young Jedi's father were stronger than he had himself even believed.   At the moment Darkhawk was being electrocuted in short bursts of increasing strength. By now his tormentors should've realized that his body was too far gone to feel the pain and that his will was too strong for them to break with this kind of childish pain. Yet still they did not cease with the torture - it almost made the man want to scream, if his vocal cords had not given out a full day earlier.   With some of his last bit of physical strength Darkhawk forced himself to look around the room. To his surprise, he saw a familiar face there. It was Lieutenant Commander Bear, the old training officer. He had learned that Bear had left the post to become assistant to Ambassador Trigit and that the TO position had been open for quite a while. g5 was filling in for Bear at the moment.   Darkhawk enjoyed it when his mind could ramble like that. When he got off on a tangent like that the pain seemed to fade away even more - not that there were many nerves left in his body that still felt the pain . . . but there were a few. Bear wasn't having any part in the interrogation itself; he was merely there watching, with a sympathetic look on his face. Obviously he did not enjoy the show of one of his old pilots being put through such a process.   Retired Vice Admiral Dest finally powered down the machine and shook his head. He had been head of the interrogation since its beginning phases, and seemed to be growing angrier by the minute as Darkhawk refused to disclose anymore than the same facts he had screamed time and time before. The older man walked over to Darkhawk and grabbed his head with both hands. Darkhawk strained to look up and meet the glance of the Admiral. Dest's eyes were not filled with rage as they had been a few hours earlier - now it was a mix between respect and compassion. Darkhawk met the gaze with whatever defiance he could muster; it wasn't much.   Darkhawk wondered what had brought about the sudden change in Dest's behavior. Surely Darkhawk hadn't let something slip out during that last torture, had he? Then it hit him while the Admiral would've looked at him that way. The look in his eyes had mirrored that in Bear's. Everyone in the room knew that they had pushed the pilot too hard, too far, too fast. His physical strength was all but gone - Darkhawk could almost feel his life slipping away from him. In their thirst for knowledge they had killed him. What a fitting fate . . . after he had survived so much. It was almost ironic that after he had finally decided to come back to this place he felt was "home" that the people he had come back to had killed him.   Delusions and illusions began to fill his mind and cloud his vision. He began to have the dream again of he and Mara playing in their backyard before the Empire had come to claim them. He saw the faces of several of his old wingmates from back before Endor. His whole life seemed to flash before his eyes; he lost all track of time and did not even notice when a new figure entered the room.   Of course, the other soldiers and pilots in the room took heed, and there was a general panic for a moment. Within seconds, everyone was standing at attention, saluting the man who had entered. And that man certainly had a foreboding presence. His dark robes covered most of his body, but as he drew nearer to Darkhawk, he pulled back the hood to reveal his face. Something brought Darkhawk to his senses and his eyes fell upon the grim countenance of Gui Sun Paan. 

-----------------------
NTO/SC/FM/CM Darkhawk/Raptor 2-2 (Raptor Six)/ISD II Devastator/OFF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

Denethor
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  1534
February 22, 2002 1:57:20 AM    View the profile of Denethor 
Denethor flew along side Kalebb and sk8guy, blasting at an A-wing as the SSD blew up 500 meters to starbard, he turned his head and watched as the huge Star Destroyer blew nto a specical of billions of little pieces of metal, and huge chunks of bulk heads. He imagined how many people had just died, in an act of sinister war, but it was indeed war, and in war people died, you just made sure that those people didn't include yourself. Shaking this thought from his head, he signaled to sk8 and Kalebb to take two X-wings that had just come into engaging range, as he flew on to destroy the A-wing. This Rebel just wouldn't die. Denethor had been after him for more that 5 minutes now, and in dog fights, five minutes for one fighter is bad, for the aggresive pilot at least. The A- wing pulled up and disengaged thrusters, but Denethor knew how to get back at that, he barrel rolled, avoiding any enemy fire, dove, looped around and flew up, passing by the front of the A-wing, he thrusted the throttle down hard, and set engines to 1/3, he turn his nose down, and locked onto the A wing with a missle, the pilot flew off, Denethor matched speeds continueously, getting just behind the fighter, and fired, the A- wing spun off in a last desperate act to regain control, but vital parts had been struck, the fire of the explosion reached the main engine and the fighter exploded in blue, orange and red sparks.   He spun around and locked on another fighter an X-wing, sencers showed that it was attacking sk8. Denethor punched the throttle and kept a missle lock on the fighter, hoping that the pilot was so caught up in attacking sk8, that he wouldn't notice the missle lock, he didn't. Denethor linked the missles to dual fire, ensuring the destruction of the fighter with one pull of the trigger, so that the pilot wouldn't have time to shake him, in case he kept after him. The missles circled the fighter, from port to starbard, barely letting the pilot know that death was upon him. They cleared the fighter, flew a meter out to space, and turned back in, hitting the fighter in the quad engines, the pilot ejected, and the fighter blew to high heaven, a chunk flew up and struck the pod, the view port cracked, and buckled under the stress of space. The pilot was sucked out into vacuum, and burst.     "Thanks Den, he came outa no where," said sk8 "I just couldn't shake 'im, he was right on my tail" "I thought maybe that's what happened," replied Denethor " I couldn't really come to think that some one could give chase to the great sk8guy, except in just that senario."   ----------------------- FM/WO2 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE WO2 Denethor Flight 2 Flight Member 3: Aegis Squadron Lusthawk 7 Co-Founder: Nazgul Official VE Stoner: annointed by TwinFury "No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."
[This message has been edited by Denethor (edited February 22, 2002 2:03:03 AM)]
Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
February 22, 2002 2:22:03 PM    View the profile of Gravin 
OOC to Nazgul: All the rest of the X-wings Escaped. As well as a Corvette. Return to the Hangar and regroup. Gravin, Red5, Rogue, Ez8 and Shino Kisake headed to the hangar and are waiting for the rest of Nazgul. Minerva and Buminator were just assigned and reporting in.

-----------------------
CMDR/OC Gravin/Nazgul 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)[VCB]
First Owner of I'm Smart pin
Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
February 22, 2002 6:13:58 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
'Okay, Kain, could you despatch a couple of fighters over? Usual cover.' Fallen called. 'Yeah. Sky, Lone, Kal, help out Flight 3 there. Cover them as they bomb the ships. Sorry that I cant send anymore. Kinda tight here.' 'It's okay. Should be good enough though. Danke.' After they joined up, Fallen separated them into bombing groups before sending them off. Sky covered Jmac and off they went. --- OOC: This is kinda short I know, but if my mommy knew I was one I'll be dead meat.

-----------------------
OC Jay 'Darc' Fallen [Army: Raxen]
Aegis 3-1, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member
TO:A/FL/OC Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]

Keiran
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
February 22, 2002 10:14:29 PM    View the profile of Keiran 
OOC: This is my first time posting here so help me out if I do something wrong. IC: Keiran was chasing an X-wing that had gotten a shot of at him, he hadn't liked it and wanted his revenge. He'd matched speeds with the fighter so he wouldn't fly past it and linked all his lasers. Finally getting bored of scarying the pilot to death, he ended it with a torp taking him out. With that he pulled up into a spin bring him into a dogfight with two A-wings, he didn't even bother to glance at his shields for he knew he could avoid most of the fire and his shields were high. He shot the top of one of the A-wing's engine, his right. Sending the fighter into an endless spin while he hit the other one with another torp, blowing it into an oblivion.

-----------------------
Keiran Halcyon
Venom Squadron

FM/CRW Keiran/Venom 1-3/SpecOps Wing/VCF DeathScythe/VEN/VE
Fallen
ComNet Member

February 22, 2002 11:49:47 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen edged out of the heart of the battle and flew his ship at the angle so that he could observe what is going on without being too conspicuous. 'Watch out guys. Heavy fire down your area.' 'Dunt worry. We've got the skill and guns to blast them.' 'All the same I'm still coming. There's something wrong to this.' Fallen's eyes kept straying towards his radar. He felt that something unexpected was coming ... Joining up his ship with the rest, he said, 'Stay on target. Next run get ready. The rest please be covers.' Jmac zoomed in and bored down upon his target: what seems to be a communications tower. Fallen shifted his attention and bombed out a power generator. Suddenly, numerous blinkings caught his eyes. A look at the radar screen confirm his foreboding: there was a trap. 'ALL RUNS WITHDRAW! THERE'S A TRAP!'

-----------------------
NXO:A/FL/OC Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]

Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

February 23, 2002 11:03:32 AM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Admiral Paan stood over Darkhawk for a moment and peered down into his eyes. Darkhawk felt something wash over him and realized that Paan was reaching out to him with the Force, trying to touch his mind. The Jedi Master reeled back sharply all of a sudden and stared at the near-lifeless pilot below him again. Obviously he hadn't expected to feel nothingness there in the young man's mind. Not the emptiness that comes from dying, but the fact that he was almost completely severed with the Force.   "How could I have missed this?" Paan mumbled to himself, inaudible to everyone else.   "Sir?" Bear questioned. "Is there a problem?"   Paan whirled around to face the other officers in the room. "Yes, there's a problem, and one I plan to remedify immediately. Get this man off of that interrogation table and take him to the medical wing. Now. Before it's too late." Several of the younger men scrambled to unstrap Darkhawk and find a stretcher so they could get him down to the closest bacta ward. Paan turned to Dest. "Dest, I need you to come back with me to the fleet, unless you just really are against it."   "You mean, a return to active duty?" Paan nodded. "Why do you need me?"   "It would just be nice to have someone with some old battle experience out there. I'd like you to be my adjutant."   Dest thought about it for a moment. "All right, I'll go."   "Do you mind taking the rank of Captain?" Dest blinked. "I can't just bring you back in at Vice Admiral after the time you've been gone. It would be cheating the other pilots that have moved up so far in the ranks since then."   Dest laughed to himself. That list of pilots included Paan himself, who now held Dest's old rank. "Okay, sir. It sounds good to me. Let me go get my things and find my other uniform."   "I've already got one for you aboard my transport," Paan said. "Worry about changing later. Right now I need you to run down to the medical ward with the rest of those fools and get Darkhawk loaded up into a portable bacta unit."     "What do you mean?"     "He's coming with us back to the battle. And make sure they give him the highest-quality, most potent bacta we've got here. He's only going to have a small amount of time to rest before I pull him out of his bath."   "Do you plan to interrogate him yourself?" Dest asked.   "No, not at all. But I do have something special in mind for him." Dest stared blankly into Paan's face, not really understanding what was going on. "I'll explain on the way, old pal. For now, just know that these orders come from Grand Admiral Kadaan himself."   Dest's eyes went wide open at that. "What would the Head of High Council want with this guy? I'll tell you, I think he's dangerous. There's something he wouldn't tell us . . . probably lots of somethings."   Paan's eyes narrowed. "So you almost killed him to find out?"   Dest stepped back from the Admiral's icy gaze. "We were only following orders."   "Right. I'll have to have a word with some people here about that. But not now. Hurry on down to the medical ward and do what I asked, Captain. I need to go check into something and I'll meet up with you at my shuttle in thirty minutes. It's on docking platform 67."   "Aye, aye, sir."

-----------------------
NTO/SC/FM/CM Darkhawk/Raptor 2-2 (Raptor Six)/ISD II Devastator/OFF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

Red5
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
February 23, 2002 11:22:15 AM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 flew his quaint TIE X2 into the massive hangar bay of the SSD Atrus. A giant turbolaser platform turned toward unidentified ship. "Gravin, send out the override codes for hangar defenses! I'll get blown to pieces!" The turbolaser began to power up; it was nearly ready to fire. The large barrels on the gun sagged suddenly from a lack of power. "Thanks. That was a little too close." The X2's landing struts extended, and the ship set down with a soft thud. Red5 popped the hatch to see Morgayze doing the same. Gravin strode out to meet them. "What have we here, Red5?" said Gravin, studying Morgayze, or maybe the X2, Red5 wasn't sure which. He regarded whatever he was staring at with an unfeeling stare, common of Imperial commanders. "And what is it doing on the Atrus?" He assumed Gravin meant the ship. "Uh, sir, I really don't know much about the ship. Morgayze designed it at the Mangol Shipyards." He looked at Morgayze as if to apologize. She didn't seem to notice him. "Sir, this is the TIE Advanced X2.1. Armed with two heavy lasers on a swivelling turret, it is the most powerful and agile fighter the Imperial Navy has seen. Only the Imperial Gunboat had more raw firepower. The X2 also implements the shield and hyperdrive capabilities of the X1. It is easily modified, and has a power core powerful enough to drive a cloaking device, though that would nullify all weapons and cut engine power to 50%." Gravin listened intently, then asked, "Who are you?" Morgayze saluted Gravin. "Morgayze Drist reporting, sir! Overseer of production on the primary shipyards of Mangol." "Okay. Well, I'm Gravin. I suppose you'll be flying with Red5 from now on until that ship is destroyed, since you two make a pretty good pair. I'll have to clear it with command first, though." Red5 cleared his throat. "A room, Gravin, for Gayze?" Gravin had assumed they would be staying in the same cabin. "Err, I'll have to clear that with command too. For now, you can use Dare's room. He's located next to Red5's. He's also gone now. I'll put you on the roster as soon as I can. You'll be eating what we eat and drinking what we drink in no time." "Wonderful. I can't wait." Somehow, though, it sounded to Red5 that she could.

-----------------------
[SRCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
February 24, 2002 12:02:49 AM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
OOC: um a tad bit confused so let me get this straight the battle for the navy capital is over and then now were doiing a battle for the VE capital or what? at least thats what i picked off of riels summary.

-----------------------
WO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

"Its the scared People who dont get anything done"
"theres no such thing as luck only skill"
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
-Navy's best pilot-
Fallen
ComNet Member

February 25, 2002 10:34:10 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen counted at least 2 squadrons of X-wings rounding them up. It was time to break up andout of there. Otherwise, they are going to be in a bit of hell. 'Break up!. Escape the roundup.' Fallen flew as well as he could, blasting some ships out of his way, but the enemy was well-prepared. Fallen found him and some of his squadron-mates in a tightly knitted boundary. Flipping on his comlink, Fallen tried to grab the rest of the squadron. 'Aegis, get over now. We're in a tight situation.' Lonewolf's voice filtered over the systems. 'We've got a neat bunch of fighters to clean up here. Will try to break away.' 'Hurry. We're tight here.' Fallen stared hard at the radar as the X-wings formed into a formation and streaks of shots whizzed past his windscreen. The attack had already begun. 'May the Force be with you guys. Lock in with them.' Sk8's voice came over the systems. Fallen geared up and flew at the boundary, trying to inflict damage on the X-wings. 'Guys, get their wings. No wing, no flight or fight.' 'Taking out one.' A distant tiny flare caught Fallen's attention as Sk8 got his target. 'Good one. Sk8, take out the north boundary. It seems to be less guard unlike the rest.' 'Right with you.' 'You go ahead with the shooting. I'll cover you.' 'Going in now ...' Fallen flew closely with Sk8, taking out any stray fighters along the way. Every chance he could, he used it to blast another unfortunate fighter out of the way. But there were at least still two squadrons left to tackle. 'Flight three, redevous at my position. Sk8, wanna call all the guys over so that we can concentrate our fire here?' 'Good idea! All available fighters, rendezvous at weakest point of the barricade. Let's blast the way out of this blasted mass.' Seven fighters flew and attack bravely. But Starscream was the first to go. 'Damn! What's all this smoke! I'M HITTT!' before he was engulfed in flames. 'We cant break down guys. Not in this situation. Cmon, gear up!' Sk8 called as he blasted off another X-wing.

-----------------------

Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
February 25, 2002 11:14:38 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
OOC: this is for the VE capital, wrap this up by Friday people... ---------------------------------- Riel stood on the bridge looking out at the battle.  The tide had turned to their favor.  The Deathscythe's manuever and the destruction of the SSD gave the Vast Empire the upper hand.  The fighter squadrons seemed to be having a fairly easy time with the Rebels.  So far, so good. It was time to have some fun, Riel thought with a grin.  He gave the orders to the Captain, which was basically, take out the ships by outnumbering individual ones, and went down to the hangar bay.  His TIE Defender, the Blitzkrieg, sat there, nearly unused.  Well, Riel thought, let's give this baby a test drive. "Wing Commander, this is Riel Fury," he said into the com.  "I'm ready to have a little fun."  He technically shouldn't do this, it wasn't safe. But he was getting bored on the bridge.  He took on the nearest A-wing.  His powerful lasers quickly shredded it into shrapnel.  "Where's it hottest, Kain?" he asked into the comlink. "Turn .84 if you want some real fun," he said back.  "It seems to be hottest around there." Riel grinned and headed in that direction.  Aegis was busy against two squadrons of X-Wings.  "Aegis, get out of there, I know how to handle them."  He switched on his cluster bomb.  After he felt that Aegis had left the area of damage, he let it loose.  The explosion was exactly what Riel expected.  It rocked the X-Wings, destroying 17 of them, leaving 7 crippled.  "Okay, finish them up." It felt good being in a fighter again.  He didn't expect he'd be doing it much more, so he took what fun he could while he could.  The fighter squadrons of the enemy had been diminished, but Kaph Squadron was completely wiped out, and quite a few people had been killed.  Sting Squadron was also destroyed, and Aegis and Viper had suffered some losses.  Well, it looked like they were in the wrap up phase of the battle.  Riel headed back to the Devastator.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (U) Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Priest
Head Master's assistant in the VEDJ Academy
Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
Fallen
ComNet Member

February 26, 2002 8:16:01 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen yelled in victory as he saw a couple of X-wings blow up after Riel's cluster bombs hit them hard on their wings. 'Cmon, let's get their tails! Great to have you around Riel. It's almost like being back in the 'ole days.' 'Yeah, it's a great feeling. Try wrap this up though. We've got a massive head on and I want you guys to be rested for that.' 'Good. We need a break at times.' Uplifted by the sudden intervene of their newly promoted Naval Commander in Chief, all the pilots fought their best that day. The enemy fighters suffered a crushing defeat. OOC: Short. I was trying to wrap up.

-----------------------

Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
February 28, 2002 3:20:55 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Daishi stood there infront of Riel as he returned from the battle. "You should have given me some warning and I would have had your wing Riel.  I may not be much of a pilot but a TIE Horror doesn't need much of a pilot to put holes in enemy formations."  Daishi said as Riel glared at him in return. "Buzzkill."  Was all Riel said in return. Daishi walked to his quarters.  It had been a long battle and truth be told he was exausted to the point of collapse. Daishi slept in his uniform not bothering to take it off or shower.  Daishi knew the next phase would begin too soon for that. The bliss of sleep swept over Daishi and all too soon the comm would wake him.

-----------------------
Barron Administrator Daishi
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
February 28, 2002 8:03:41 PM    View the profile of Gravin 
OOC: Nazgul is also starting there own tour of duty, but it wont be on here. Gravin enters where Red5 and Ez8 are standing in the Hangar. "How are you two, preparing for another assault i hop" Gravin asks. they nod and continue there preperations.

-----------------------
CMDR/2LT Gravin/Nazgul 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=SA=)(=SCPA=)[VCB]
First Owner of I'm Smart pin
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
February 28, 2002 9:07:38 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
The battle was taking it's toll. As tough as the Venom-Class Defenders were, they still needed fuel, and Japheth was running out. "Venom Squadron, heads-up, gimme a fuel count." Everyone reported in, they were all getting low. The battle had been long, and flying at such high speeds and with such manuverability spent fuel real fast. "Alright everyone, form up. We're gonna make one more pass and then head back to the DeathScythe, this battle is almost over anyway." (OOC: post a bit more Venom, I'm gonna land us Fruday night)

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight and Ensign Japheth Cappadocious
SpecOps Wing and Venom Squadron Commander
WC/CMDR/ENS Japheth Cappadocious/Venom 1/SpecOps Wing/VCF DeathScythe/VEN/VE/[=SA=][=SCPA=][MC:1]
ECM/DJK Japheth Cappadocious/Krath Order/Griffen 1-4/VEDJ/VE
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

February 28, 2002 9:15:02 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Vice Admiral Gui Sun Paan sat in quiet mediatation aboard the shuttle Oberon. It was the same shuttle that Darkhawk and Riel had stolen from the Atrus and flown off in all those months ago. Paan hadn't even been in the Navy then - so much had changed over the past few months.   He would've gazed out one of the viewports, but the sight of hyperspace got boring quickly. So, instead, he just stared at the floor and let his mind wander. He could see things more clearly in his mind, anyway, with the Force flowing through him.   The Dark Jedi master reached out through the Force to take a glimpse at the battle raging around the VE capital. When he had left to retrieve Darkhawk, he had let the High Command know that he was stepping down as Commander-in-Chief; Riel was held that rank, and Paan would stay on as executive officer for a while. Gui felt Riel's presence in the Force and quickly got a sense of the younger man's emotions. The Krath Priest seemed to be confident, almost happy, which meant the battle had to be going well. Perhaps it was even over.   Paan felt around a while more and the rest of the pilots' thoughts confirmed his thoughts. The enemy had been driven off, perhaps even totally crushed, and a good remainder of the VEN had lived through the conflict. Riel sure knew how to inspire the troops. Paan hoped the army had had similar luck, but for now he let his thoughts return to his surroundings.   Right door in the next room was the cockpit, where Captain Dest, Commodore Claw, and Admiral Say sat. Paan had asked both of them to return to the fleet with him. They needed experienced leaders like those three to help with the rebuilding process ... and all of them could help Riel get an even firmer handle on his job.   Gui looked over at the bacta tank in the room with him. Darkhawk seemed to be healing nicely. Paan had tried to use the Force to rush the young man along in his healing, but that hadn't worked as planned. Not only had Darkhawk been stripped of his ability to touch the Force and let it flow through him, but the Force seemed to have no affect on him. It was if he created a black hole in the Force - very strange indeed. Paan had never seen anything like it.   It was Darkhawk's shady past that had brought Kadann to send Paan to make sure the young man arrived at the capital safely. While the pilot had been away on his mission - whatever that had been - Kadann had learned a great deal about the man. Paan hadn't been told everything, but he had learned enough. Kadann, Spartacus, and Paan were going to combine their powers and try to heal the young man's break in the Force when he finally was strong enough to undergo the procedure. But Paan was not sure now that even those three Dark Jedi masters would be able to do it alone.   Of course, more lay ahead in Darkhawk's future than being brough into the Dark Jedi Order, if they could heal him. The young man had been one of the greatest pilots in the Galactic Empire and also a competent leader. Paan and Riel had already discussed the matter and both had come to the conclusion that they would ask Darkhawk to become the Navy's new Training Officer. Kadann had suggested they bestow the rank of Commander on him, one rank below his old rank underneath Palpatine.   Paan shook his head. There had been something Kadann had not told him . . . something Gui knew was important. He felt that Darkhawk had had more of a role in the Empire's past than just killing Rebels in dogfights. There was something more to the man's past - but what was it?   Worrying over it was pointless, Paan realized. He would find out soon enough. For now, he hoped the bacta treatment would be enough to rejuvinate the young man before they arrived back at the fleet. That one battle at Lotaith might have ended, but the whole war was far from over. And Paan knew that both he and Darkhawk still had roles left to fill in that epic struggle.

-----------------------

Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
March 1, 2002 9:14:05 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
The battle was unfolding before Riel.  By luck or the Force, probably the Force, the Vast Empire had survived this battle with minimal losses.  A few small capital ships were destroyed, a squadron of TIE Droids, and Kaph and Sting, plus a few losses within the squadrons.  The Rebels, on the other hand, had lost all but a few Star Destroyers, and the fighters looked like maybe 2 ragtag squadrons.  "Bring Fury up on the Com," he told the communications officer. "What do you need, Riel?" Fury asked.  "I can't bail the Navy out of any jams right now."  Riel let a small grin crack the hard exterior of his face.  "Actually, do you need any air support?  We could do a quick strafe on one of the last strongholds before you bust them up." "That'd be fine," he replied.  "Fury out." "Aegis, take Nazgul and make run here and here on the planet," he said and sent the data to the pilots.  "Okay, time to bring the Atrus in to finish things off.  Power up the Interdictors into enclosure formation, they're not escaping." Riel stared coldly out into space as he saw ship after ship explode.  The Rebels were now severly overwhelmed by the forces of the Vast Empire.  Riel called the fighters back in when they got the confirmation of no more enemy fighters and the planetary bombardments were finished.  It was time for the big ships to play. Riel brought the Devastator and the Nemesis around the starboard of a Victory Star Destroyer, the largest ship left.  "Okay, unload on them."  The ships shields dropped rapidly under the fire of the two larger ships, and before long, the hull was breached.  Riel checked the data on the rest of the fleet.  This was the last ship left.  "Finish her off." The ship exploded into shrapnel, and cheers erupted over the coms from all the ships.  Riel surveyed the battle wreckage, nodded, and went to his chambers to meditate. --------------------------------- OOC:  Good job, Navy.  Aegis has had the most posts on the story, so they get the updated equipment, but good job by all.  On chapter 8, let's really knock them dead.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (U) Riel Fury
Navy Commander In Chief
Krath Priest
Head Master's assistant in the VEDJ Academy
Cult Member in Elite Griffen Sect
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:22:26 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 203  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >