Warmaker
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Captain (CAP)

Post Number:  1023
Total Posts:  1031
  RE: Ch. 7-B Navy
February 11, 2002 9:05:49 AM    View the profile of Warmaker 
The Sky was full of Rebel Ships, the pilots must not really aim to hit one, a shoot in front direction and you hit a Rebel. Viper Squadron dived with theyr Interceptors trough the whole mass of the rebels, everytime when they shoot one down, 2 more comes. "WM, there are more incoming bogeys from the right site" sayed Piett "Yes, i see them, im on your wing commander" replyed WM Piett and WM engaged the enemys, on his radar screen WM can see that the other Vipers where bussy in the moment. The two Interceptors race with full Spead on a head to head run against 3 Xwings on 1 klick away, they opened the fire and send Quad Laser bolts against the enemys two direct hits set the shields from one against zero and one laser bolt hit trough the transparisteel the pilot and vaporized him at once, the XWing flyed with full speed, but without pilot now, hes wingman first stays on his wing, he didnet recognize in the first moment that his leader was dead, but bevore he see his mistake it was to late as WM`s Interceptor opened from behind the fire and destroyed his ship. "K, 3 ships destroyed, only uhhhh a lot left" sayed Piett WM openes the the VE com chanel and heard the voices from the pilots " I have one ....... / Damn, one is behind me ..... / AHHHHHHH" in a few moments he can hear the success of a pilot ... and the death of other pilots, after that he chnaged his comm to the Squadron frequence, the last he want to see is that another Viper died, not when he can help out "Vipers, here is WM, everything ok?" the Vipers replyed, most of them are ok in the moment, no Damage and a lot kills this battle, In this moment WM feels honored to fly with this pilots in a battle, he knows, everyone gives his/her best and more cant anyone expect. WM comes quickly out off his thoughts when red laser bolts missed his fighter only a bit. "Oh S..." WM looked on his back and see 2 AWings flying behind him and sending the laser bolts against him. The Rebel AWings are the only craft that can match with the speed of an Interceptor, he goes to full speed and shaked his flightstick to avoid a hit, the AWings was still behind him .. "WM, im on the way, hold out" sayed Piett as he saw the fight on the Screen. " Yeah im also on the way" comes Grl voices over the com. WM took a quick look on the Radar, the other Vipers are to wide away, then he saw two Rebel Dreadnoughts flying side by site and an Evil Smile appear in WM`s face. He grapped his flightstick and send his Interceptor in the direct direction of the Starships, only a few shoots comes from the Dreadnaughts "Heh, they fear to hit theyr own fighters, thats what i have thought" With the Awings behind him WM dived under the first Starship, then he pulled his flightstick back, shoot a missile on the second DN and flyed trough the middle of the two ships, the first AWing behind him pulled also his stick up as the missile exploded and his Screen went black to avoid damage to the pilots eyes, the Awing flyed straight into the right site of the DN and exploded in 1000 pieces on theyr shields, the last Awing dived under the Dreadnought and pulled after it his ship up and flyed direct into the quad laser from WM. The Evil Smile went bigger as he turned his fighter back into the direction of the other Viper Pilots, but then his eyes get cold as he heard a message over the com .....

-----------------------
XO/EFM/WO1 Warmaker/Viper 1-2/WING I/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN (=A=) (=SA=) (=JCPA=) (=SCPA=) [VC-B]

You can run but you cannot hide
Have you ever kissed a Snake?
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
February 11, 2002 4:20:42 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LW undocked from the reloading bay of the Artrus. He'd just gotten a fresh load of missiles on his V-4 Tatical fighter. He quickly reentered the battle when he saw one of his fears come true. "AHH, Help me! I can't shake him!" LoneWolf pulled his fighter up and pulled the throttle to full. "LW is that you get this guy off me!" It was a tie fighter dancing aroudn dodging fire from what looked to be two modified A-Wings. His friend was in the tie. "DarkAce, Hang on!" LW growled. LoneWolf's fighter was almost in firing range when his friend got a shot through the solar panal then another one in the back causing the Tie to catch fire. "Ace Turn back now!" LoneWolf yelled desperatly, as his companion flew away. It was too late, the two a wings did one last rain of red fire and tore the craft to a fireball. LW witnessed his friend travel a few hundred meters then explode in a final explostion. LW yelled in a rage, "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU REBELS are gonna pay!" The two awings turned twards him now as a response to his un heard challenge. LW quickly started fring on teh first oen he focused on. it tried to dodged but got distracted when LW launched a blind missile at him. he now met his friends fate. without hesitating LW fired on the otehr A-Wing and finished him off. LoneWolf flew straight for a while then returned to formation looking for more prey to hunt.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

"Its the scared People who dont get anything done"
"theres no such thing as luck only skill"
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
-Navy's best pilot-
scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
February 11, 2002 8:13:13 PM    View the profile of scout 
Scout watches as a series of explosions occurs on the surface of the a dreadnaugt  in Warmaker 's direction. He smiles but turns to more pressing matters. So many rebel fighters of all makes and models swarm the area, but the T/I's of Viper cut through the cloud. Scout's blood goes cold as he hears on the Viper's comm the screams of a pilot going down. He turns to the closest Reb and turns the starfighter into a ball of scrap and fire. "So many," he says, "we've got to stop this swarm. Let's focus on the capital ships. At least they can't refuel or reload without them." The rest of Viper agrees and tries to focus on fighting their way towards each other in an attempt to regroup...
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
February 11, 2002 8:30:02 PM    View the profile of g5 
G5 had been preparing to launch his fighter when he had been called to the bridge. As soon as he got there he was notified that control of the Spec Ops Fleet had been turned over to him. he wouldn't be allowed to fly much anymore, other than desks that is. He called for a full status report form each of the ships and immediatly got to work setting up his fleet for maneuvers and attcks. ((OOC: more on this later, i don't think much is happening at school tomorrow :P))

-----------------------
WC/TO:A/LCM G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Corran
ComNet Member

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  552
Total Posts:  552
February 12, 2002 5:53:59 PM    View the profile of Corran 
Corran heard scout's idea come over the comlink. "Yeah, great idea, lets go." Corran responded, "Scout, if you and me go in first since we have the assault gunboats which have shields unlike the TIEs." "Afirmative Sir, lets go." The Assault gunboats started to haed toward the T/Is on the other side of the swarm.

-----------------------
Warrant Officer 1st Class Corran
Navy Training Officer Adjutant

TO:A/FL/WO1 Corran/Viper 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=MA=)

"Her bosom rose and fell like an empire" - The thoughts of Commander Samuel Vimes, Ankh-Morpork City Night Watch
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
February 12, 2002 9:40:30 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Darkhawk's E-Wing left hyperspace after a not so long journey at a point quite far from where it had departed with the Wild Karrde. This was the Vectra System, once controlled by the Old Republic. During Palpatine's takeover and the Empire's establishment the Ssi-Ruuk had conquered the planet with little notice from the outside galaxy. After the Ssi-Ruuk were driven back at Bakura, they abandoned the planet, and the Vast Empire acquired it soon thereafter. The Navy established its home base there, and it was from there that Darkhawk had left all those months ago. It was a strange sight to see the planet again . . . he almost wanted to call it home. Then something strange caught his attention. There was only a handful of warships in the sky over Vectra, and those were corvettes and gunships. There was no ship longer than two hundred meters in site aside from the Golan Defense Platforms and the Saratoga, the VENA's training base. "Unidentified Craft, this is Ensign Malikaboard the Modified Corvette Bloodsiege. Please state your business in this system." Darkhawk recognized that name. Malik had been a member of Kaph Squadron back when Darkhawk was in it. He had taken over as commander when Bear became the training officer, but had retired soon after, and Kaph had been put on standby. All that was a while ago; Darkhawk wondered what had happened to call Malik up from the reserves. "This is Warrant Officer Second Class Darkhawk," he replied. "Permission to enter the system and report in to my superiors." "Darkhawk?" Malik questioned. "We thought you had been killed on Coruscant when you didn't come back to us. What happened?" "It's a long story," the pilot replied. "Well, there's been a lot that's happened here, too," his old comrade replied. "Our headquarters was attacked and the whole fleet has gone out on a rescue mission ... besides the small group Commodore Fury left here." "Commodore Fury?" "Riel, that is." Darkhawk's jaw dropped. Riel had become a Rear Admiral while he was gone? Well, that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise ... he always was an ambitious bastard. "Who's the highest ranking person here?" Darkhawk asked. "Admiral Say is onboard the Saratoga. You might as well head on over that way. I believe there's a message waiting for you there, if you were ever to return." "All right, thanks, Malik. Especially for not sending out a squadron to meet me when you noticed I was in a Rebel craft." "Well, I figured I'd just trust my instincts this time. I figured no Rebel was crazy enough to come here alone. And I recognized your voice, too." "That's it?" Darkhawk asked with a smile. "Well, and that color scheme on your fighter - your room was decked out in gray and black back in Kaph days." Darkhawk laughed. He had missed Malik; he had missed so many people. "All right, I give. Thanks. I'll come see you after I get debriefed over on the Saratoga." "If you have the time," Malik responded. "Say may not go as easy on you as I have. Watch yourself."

-----------------------
NTO/FL/CM Darkhawk/SXO/Aegis 2-1(Aegis Five)/WingOne/SSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
February 13, 2002 9:48:09 AM    View the profile of Gravin 
After a run in with some rebels, Gravin returned to the Devestator. His TIE Fighter was damaged and needed much repairs. Nagul's Flight one had entered the Hangar behind him. There was a lot of noise in the Hangar as the Ground troops were preparing for an assault. Red5 says "Whats all the commotion sir?" Gravin replies "Looks like a ground assault. We may be fighter support on this one. Head to the mess hall, will meet up with the rest of the squadron there." Gravin scurry's to the Mess Hall and see's Rogue there.

-----------------------
CMDR/OC Gravin/Nazgul 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)[VCB]
First Owner of I'm Smart pin
boy_scout
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  14
February 13, 2002 11:00:44 AM    View the profile of boy_scout 
Boy_scout watches from the star destroyer with the rest of the cadets as the battle continues. He watches as...
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

February 13, 2002 2:39:48 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LW was almost back to returning to Aegis flight 1 when he got a lock on a careless X-Wing. "I got you now." LW whispered. he began firing on it and had just delivered the last shot when a whole horde of bombers emereged from hyperspace. "Good Empire!" LoneWolf yelped. it was a new bomber force made up from every bomber made. the new total of enemy fighters sky rocketed. the bombers now made up 30% of the fighter force. LoneWolf yelled desperately, "Bombers! Bombers! We got new Bombers on Radar. Looks like their gonna go for the prize." LoneWolf raced ahead of the slow fighters just noticeing he got in firing range of them. He twirled his V-4 around and headed in the direction they were going 'cept faster. "Aegis get your behinds over here we just got a new priority i think!" Kain came back quickly, "on our way LW just hang on."

-----------------------
WO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

-Navy's best pilot-
Red5
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
February 13, 2002 5:03:26 PM    View the profile of Red5 
The Golan's turbolaser blasted lanced through space, shot after shot pummeling the fleeing Rebel carrier. But the fighters still advanced. They knew that the platform was the only thing that stood in the way of Mangol. Once Mangol was gone, the Empire's capitol system would have no way to build ships and quickly get them to the capitol. An X-wing plummeted towards its death at the hands of an asteroid, sent spinning by Arturus. A pod shot out of the top; some pilot thought he could save himself. "Not when I'm flying," thought Arturus. He turned his craft and shot towards the X-wing, narrowing the gap quickly. "Arturus, this is Gravin! Don't shoot! I repeat, do NOT destroy that escape pod. We'll pick up the pilot later for questioning." Arturus turned his ship away with a sigh. One more kill that could've been on his record, now lost. Red5 was coming around again, heading in the direction of the Devastator; an old Y-wing cruised in front of him, probably moving at top speed. His hand went immediatlely to the targeting controls, and in seconds the Y-wing was engulfed in flames. Then his own craft was rocked by explosions. He checked his rear sensors, only to find them fried. Frantically he threw his TIE fighter into a steep dive, and saw red lasers shoot out where his fighter had been only seconds ago. Peering out the front viewport, he glanced a hole burned through his left wing. "Nazgul, this is Red5! I've got a fighter on my tail; sensors are fried. I can't shake him!" He dipped his fighter again, narrowly avoiding another round. "I'm on it, Red5." It was Shino Kisake, the first female pilot Red5 had flown with. "If he gets a missile lock on you though, I cannot help you." Red5 was too busy weaving and looping to answer. He headed in the general direction of Mangol, hoping they hadn't evacuated the shipyards yet. If he could make it there, they were bound to have TIE's just sitting around. Only working at 2/3 throttle, it would take a while to get there. As long as he could avoid any more fighters, though, he'd be fine. He heard Kisakes victory cry over the comm. He was safe. . .for now.

-----------------------
[SRCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

Gravin
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  151
Total Posts:  151
February 13, 2002 5:13:28 PM    View the profile of Gravin 
Gravin entered up with Ez8 and Rogue. Red5 joined behined them with Buminator and Shino. After the targets were hit they went to the other side. Joining in a formation to fire off torpedoes 1 at a time. After firing they saw the Rebel ship blow up into many pieces. About 24 X-wings entered from the Capital Ship that was outside the Golan base. 24 Kilometers away. The Auto Guns set there marks as the X-wings started Nazgul's way. "Duck behind the base and wait til the X-wings are in Range of the Auto Guns!!" Gravin yelled over the com. Time to see what we are made of boys and girls. Lets do this.   ----------------------- CMDR/OC Gravin/Nazgul 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)[VCB] First Owner of I'm Smart pin
[This message has been edited by (edited February 13, 2002 5:18:26 PM)]
JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
February 14, 2002 5:03:53 PM    View the profile of JMac 
"Ok guys, we need to take out those bombers", Fallen commed.  JMac responded and kicked his throttle to full.  His TIE shot forward. "Ok, take out those B-Wings.  We can't let them launch." Jmac spun around behind the leader with his lasers pulsing.  His first few shots were absorbed by its sheilds, then he penetrated.  He shot through the cloud of debris, only to find himself on a head to head with another B-Wing.  "Sithspawn!," Jmac yelled, pulling his fighter into a tight turn.  The B-Wing reacted, shooting crimson lasers towrds JMac,s fighter.  Jmac put all he could into dodging.  "Get this guy off me, he yelled."

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)(MC1)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
February 14, 2002 9:41:59 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk landed his E-Wing on docking platform 32 and entered the Saratoga, the ship where he had flown as a trainee for a few days back when he had first arrived. That seemed like ages ago . . . perhaps those memories were intermeshing with his older memories from the Imperial Academy itself.   Nevertheless, he found his way to the captain's quarters without any problem. He knocked on the door twice before he heard a voice call out. The woman inside asked that he enter the room and he complied. The door slid open and the tired and travel-worn pilot entered the room.   Admiral Say sat behind Bear's old desk with her feet propped up on the table. She was eating lunch and had a glass to her mouth as Darkhawk entered the room. He saltued and stood at attention. She stared at him a moment, then lowered the glass from her lips and returned the salute. Then she motioned to him to take a seat as she pushed her food aside and pulled a datapad out from the desk.   "Nice to have you back with us, Warrant Officer," she said casually, to no one in particular.   "It feels nice to be back," Darkhawk replied, not sure of what to say.   "When Riel and PJ got back to us, high command was ecstatic. Not about you two stealing a shuttle and running off of course . . . but getting the Commodore back was an unexpected bonus at that time. Although, when you didn't come back after a few weeks, we figured you were dead." Darkhawk nodded as she went on. "All of your personal belonging were moved here to the Saratoga for storage. There's a note from Commodore Riel with your belongings."   "Just where is Riel at the moment, ma'am? Malik mentioned something about the fleet being called to battle."   "Yes, both the offensive fleet and the defensive fleet were summoned to the capital. There was a huge attack and the planet was taken before we really knew what was happening. A bunch of us got called out of retirement and the reserves to fill in for a while. That's why I'm here."   "Well, it's nice to have you back," Darkhawk answered. He had spoken to the Admiral before at the lounge. She seemed amiable enough - they had had several discussions about Republic literature.   "Yes, I'm sure. Well, Warrant Officer, here comes the fun part," she said, frowning.   "Ma'am?"   "I'm afraid we're going to have to interrogate you. You were on an enemy system for who-knows-how-long and then you come back in a Rebel fighter. I certainly have some suspicions."   Darkhawk sighed. "Do whatever you have to do." This could mean big trouble. If they got thorough enough they would find out more of his past than he wanted anyway to know. And that would be big trouble.   "Take a few hours to relax first though down at the lounge. I'll call a guard up to watch you before your 'debriefing'."   "Thanks," the pilot replied, wincing at the thought of what lay before him.

-----------------------
NTO/FL/CM Darkhawk/SXO/Aegis 2-1(Aegis Five)/WingOne/SSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FOCE=)[BRC][VC:Ebony]

scout
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  128
Total Posts:  128
February 15, 2002 5:37:21 PM    View the profile of scout 
"Viper flight three, this is scout here going for their capital ships. Could I have some assistance? I am running low on warheads and sheilds are lowering. I have taken out one corvette and another one is disabled. I am more worried about fighters than those turbolasers. Any missed shots of any kind from them and they lose more fighters. It's like shooting turkeys, with bodyguards that won't stop coming." scout yelled over the viper comm. His assault gunboat was being riddled with shots. His 200% sheilds were reduced to 50%. "I'm heading back to base. I need to reload and repair." scout said over the Viper comm. His engines roared as he diverted more power to his engines and he went full throttle towards his home ship. He had to frequently shoot up rebel ships to get a clear path. Scout was thankful that the gunboat had ions and lasers because he couldn't spare any energy for laser systems. He arrived just after his wing caught fire. His ship landed and the mechanincs, looking thouroughly pissed, advanced towards my ship. Still so many fighters still loomed out there as a new wing arrived, bombers, shit...

-----------------------
LCRW/FM scout/viper 3-2/1ESF/mssd
artus/ve/ven (=A=)

"Those who do not follow are doomed to lead,"
        Anarchist, MTG
Rogue
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  236
February 17, 2002 12:41:15 AM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue followed Ez8 around the Golan station as the T/B's of Nazgul 3 flight waited for the X-wings to close into torpedo range. The Golan's Auto Guns opened up at maximum range shooting just to try and spook the Xwing pilots into veering off. As the range scrolled down, Gravin gave the order to fire. All 3 T/B's linked torps and fired at X-wings. THe first of the torps arrived jsut as one of the Auto Guns got lucky and caught an X-wing in its blast. The wave of X-wings flew right into the wave of torps, causing them to lose 5 X-wings to the torps alone, as two of the X-wings that were hit rammed another x-wing apiece as they died. The remaining X-wings tried to reform into a coherent wave, but Nazgul had another surprise for them. Gravin led Red5, Arturus and Shino out from behind the Golan, sweeping down onto the surpised X-wings which had only seen the Golan station and the T/B's. The first pass resulted in 4 more x-wings being destroyed. The t/f's split into pairs and began to dogfight with the X's as the t/b's of Rogue, Ez8 and Buminator joined the fight launching more torps. The Golan station continued to shoot going by IFF to avoid hitting Nazgul's fighters.

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Rogue/Nazgul 3-4/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/ (=A=)(=SA=)
Japheth
ComNet Marshal

[VE-DJO] Krath Templar (KT)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  2517
February 17, 2002 5:25:09 PM    View the profile of Japheth 
Venom Squadron sliced back and forth through the battle. For his part, Japheth never kept with one target for more than one well-placed shot, and he kept weaving around and jinking to make himself an unattractive target. He had split the squadron into flights: flight one was flying superiority, taking out as many of the X-Wings and A-Wings as they could; flight two was playing bomber suppression, taking out as many of the Y- and B-Wings as possible; and flight three was standing as starship defense, taking out anything that posed a threat to the command ships. Japheth and his flight got to the boundary of the battle again, and turned around to find a new path. Japheth chose a diagonal path leading from one far edge near the Imperial ships and cutting across to the opposite edge near the rebel capital ships. They swerved back and forth, making a fairly wide cut through the battle. Many of the fighters they fired on were previous targets that no one had bothered with, small explosions marked the folly of rebellion and the last stand of its pilots. His flight took a few hits here and there, but it wasn't anything their shields couldn't handle. Japheth was constantly rearranging his power configurations to try to keep both his shields and his lasers fully charged. Even with the buffed up shields and hull, he didn't want to be taken by surprise. They finally reached the other side of the battle, and the Rebel cap-ships started to take potshots at them, Japheth continued to dodge about and turned back around. The capital ships weren't hitting them, but if they got lucky they packed a lot of punch.

-----------------------
Chief Warrant Officer Japheth Cappadocious
Venom Squadron Commander

WC/CMDR/CWO Japheth Cappadocious/Venom 1-1/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE/[=A=][=SA=][=JCPA=][=SCPA=][MC:1]

TRN/JRN Japheth Cappadocious/VEDJ Academy/VCF Deathscythe
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
February 17, 2002 9:07:36 PM    View the profile of g5 
The young lieutenant at the comms station started reading off status reports he was getting from the other ships in g5's fleet. g5 could tell that the kid wa just out of the academy, it was probably his first week onboard, much less first combat. g5 took pity and the boy and had him route the info to the captains chair. g5 strolled across the bridge, and when he got to his rather large leather Captain's Chair he gracefully sat down in it before starting to from a strategic and tactical plan for the battle that was raging around him. He wished he could be out there flying his fighter, tearing the rebels to shreads with the Gee. But he was destined only tpo fly desks now. Such is the cost of advancing. He swung his personally designed Hud display down over the chair. it was about 2 feet wide, and came back most of the way to join his chair on the sides. There was a hole on each side so the crew could still contact him visually and verbally. It was curver up from the back of his chair ancd plugged into a socket on the floor of the deck. it showed the current status of all the systems of the DS in the middle left, with tabs for each of the systems. The entire thing uses a very intuitive and verbal/touch based interface. he planned to have a direct connection set up for it so he would need only think what he wished to have it do and it would follow his command. all the other sections were either dedicated to his fleet or the enmy in the area. He called to the comms officer and had him patch Riel Fury into his headset. Within 30 seconds he heard the familiar voice of RA Riel Fury. "Sir, I'm going cloaked with the DS, keep an eye on my fleet for me, would ya? And would ya mind feeding me some info through the force on targets, it's kinda hard to see while cloaked." "Ya, can do man. Use your EMP cannon first, i'll let ya know case by case whether or not to destroy it or leave it. i wouldn't mind adding a few ISD's to the fleet, ya know?" "Sure thing, boss." g5 turned to his cloaking station and called out the order to cloak in 30 seconds. He then got o the com and announced to the ship that they were cloaking in 30 seconds. what seemed like an instant later the Warrant officer standing by the cloaking station said that there were 5 seconds left. All of a sudden everything went black and g5 felt lost until he could establish his connection with Riel. Within seconds he heard a little voice in his head. "You're black, looks like a perfect cloak." g5 couldn't imagine what the crew must feel like, not even having that small connection to the world outside the sphere of darkness. the voice came back and gave a vector, followed by the word destroy. once he had communicated basic orders he also let g5 know that it was a CEC Corvette. It would be an easy kill, especially with his EMP cannon. HE read the vector off to the crew and they immediatly aimed the ship in that direction. He was already in range, so the EMP was fired immediatly. Even though Riel knew exactly where he was and what the EMP was he still felt him tense for a millisecond. Imagine what the poor rebels who thought that space had just shotten at them felt like. Then withing a second of the blast hitting the ship was totally dead. It was a small ship and the DS's EMP cannon could easily take it out in one hit. He gave the order to finish it with the turbolasers, no missiles at the same time he recieved the coordinates for his next target. An ISD. he did some quick calculation and decided it would take 2 blasts. He gave the order to turn towards that vector and prepare to take 2 shots. before the DS was on course for the next shot he got communication from Riel saying the Vette was gone. He ordered the crew to stop. THey did on the double. They had drilled hard under Daishi and it showed.

-----------------------
WC/TO:A/LCM G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Red5
ComNet n00b

February 18, 2002 10:02:37 AM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5's damaged wing was doing worse now. He had been able to hold it for a while, but no he was getting connection failure messages on his readout. If he ignored them for long, the whole thing would fall apart, but as long as he didn't try any flashy maneuvering, he would be alright. "Gravin, I've got a bit of a problem here. I can't really assess the damage myself, but could you take a look at my right wing?" Gravin turned his TIE just enough to see the hole in Red5's wing. "Umm, Red5, you might want to hide or something. You're missing about a quarter of your wing." "I wasn't sure how much was gone. I'll be out of the fight for a while, now. I'm heading to Mangol for repairs, hopefully. I'll get anyone there to hop in a ship help defend the station.

-----------------------

Red5
ComNet n00b

February 18, 2002 5:12:44 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 veered off from the rest of his squadron. Mangol was closer now, and its shipyards seemed a welcome haven. The fighter bay on one of the shipyards opened up as he neared it. "A trap?" he wondered. "Well, what've I got to lose?". His TIE fighter continued on towards the opening doors. A technician stood waiting for his fighter; he had donned a baggy vac-suit and was holding opening a tool compartment on the wall. As soon as he had set his fighter down, the doors began closing. Red5 grabbed his blaster and made sure all of the connections on his flight suit were secure. If there was still a vacuum out there, it would let him survive long enough to kill that tech and get air into the room. He filled his flight pouch with useful little tools he had brought with him, from thermal detonators to a vibroblade to this month's IC's. Red5 popped the hatch on his fighter, and climbed out on top of it. He crawled down to the ground, navigating the part-strewn floor toward the technician. As Red5 neared him, he took note of the fact that the technician was taking off his helmet; this meant that the vacuum was probably no more. Then he noticed the tech's long hair, but the final clue was the curve of the body. The tech was not a man. He hastily pulled off his flight helmet, then said, "Err, I uh, wasn't expecting you, Morgayze." She grinned boyishly back at him, "I really didn't think you'd show up here either." He had known Morgayze since his days on Sluis Van, back when the Empire had still been prominent there. "Good to see you again!" she said as she ran over to him, "Good to see you alive, at that!" Red5 forced a laugh. "Are you, err, uh, where's everybody else? Shouldn't they be hurrying around the station prepping fighters or something?" "Ha! They left hours ago, back when the battle started. A few others stayed behind with me; they're checking the turbolasers in the docking bays in case something tries to get in. And waiting for people like you, of course." She was still grinning, hydro-spanner momentarily forgotten. It finally hit Red5 how out of touch he had been. When he'd left for the academy, Morgayze had been only 14, hoping to make it as a barmaid. The Empire simply did not accept women at the time, although she knew as much about starships as anyone, her father being a shipyard owner and all. She was a full four years younger than him, but even then she had had the looks to make it in a bar, if not elsewhere. He wondered how many of the shipyard crew had taken an interest in her, but right now he really didn't care. At 26, he already felt he would grow to be an old bachelor. Perhaps not anymore, though. Lost in thought, he had missed half of what Gayze had asked him about the fighter. She was facing it now, assessing the damage to the wing. He caught her attention, and hugged her, catching her very much off guard. "Its so good to see a childhood friend again. I never thought I see anyone from Sluis Van again serving the Empire." "Umm, yes, well, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for your father, as well as mine. Your's got me the work record — I did some maintenance on his droids and starships — and my father submitted an application to the Empire shortly before it collapsed. He knew it was a long shot, but we figured that if Daala could get in, I might be able to. And what happens but the collapse of the Empire?" Red5 forced another laugh, and said, “Yeah, who would’ve thought that in that short amount of time, so much could change?” “Well, anyway, the Empire accepted me, and after some preliminary training, sent me directly to Mangol. I wasn’t much at first, but now I oversee most production. At least I don’t have to answer to a ‘boss’ anymore.” Red5 wasn’t really surprised; he assumed she had done that kind of stuff back on Sluis Van, and she was only fourteen then. “Ah, I see. So how many of the other crew have you, uh…” “What? Oh, no, not like that! The overseers here are crap. They can’t control anyone.” She looked over at him and said, “But I can. Don’t give me that look again. I pick my men, they don’t pick me.” With that, she pulled out a vibroblade in one hand and a blaster in the other. “Ha ha ha! Don’t mess with Gayze.” His face had never been redder, except for that time that Gravin had shattered his perfect record in the sims, when he forgot to watch his back. He was rather embarrassed about his assumptions. “Wouldn’t dream of it. But, ah, my ship is in quite a pickle.” She looked at it again, “Sweet gherkins! You did a quite a number.” She crouched down next to the wing, running her gloved hand over the sharp fuselage. “It’ll take quite some time to fix this, so for now, I’ve got something else.” She pulled up her comm, said something into it, then shut it off and told Red5 to follow. He followed her to a large room. Sitting in the middle was a TIE Advanced X2.1. The double hulled fighter only vaguely resembled the X1 Vader had flown at the battle of Yavin. The left pod had a heavy blaster mounted on top. The left was obviously the command pod, with sophisticated equipment cramming the already small space. “Geez. That’s one hell of a blaster. How’s the little thing handle it?” Red5 was intently studying the design, running is hands over the hull. “Like a charm. You’ll notice that half of the gunner pod is a power core. The other half is the gunwale. Everything on the ship is devoted to firepower or maneuverability. It’s also got a shield system, like the old X1’s.” “So, exactly what is it?” “The X2 point 1. The brainchild of none other than myself. I began designing this as soon as I viewed the schematics for Darth’s Tie. I found some flaws, fixed them, made it a two-person model, and got a few of my friends together to build it. We figured that if one person was focused completely on piloting, the other, in an entirely independent gunnery pod, complete with rotating blaster, would have a much greater chance to hit his target.” She paused to let him admire the design. “Well, lets move out.” Red5 followed her; she pointed to the command pod just before entering the gunwale. “You’ve probably got hours more piloting than me, but I’ve mastered this fighter’s gun systems.” Red5 shrugged and crawled up into the command pods cramped interior. He looked over to make sure Gayze was in her part, then fired up the repulsorlifts. The ships hum was comforting to Red5, almost like that of a Star Destroyer, scaled down a bit. “Lets move out and kick some Rebel anus.” Actually, he used the other word, but I’m not sure if I can use it here. Just before they left the light of the hangar, Gayze came over the comm. “Play safe, Red5. Don’t wanna miss the celebration afterward, do you?” He peered out of his side viewport, barely catching her wink. Did she say the or my? He was sure there were several unspoken meanings to that, but he wasn’t about to get sidetracked. Some Rebels were gonna die.

-----------------------

Chaos
ComNet n00b

February 18, 2002 6:58:03 PM    View the profile of Chaos 
As the X-Wing went up in flames, Chaos pulled a hard up right.  The capital ships' turbolasers were only a distraction from the targets at hand.  For the moment, Chaos covered his SC, Japheth, as he polished off another rebel X-Wing.  "Time for some fun." Chaos went to full throttle and took a few shots at a damaged A-Wing in a pass-by, which was all it took to send it careening.  Chaos was busy choosing another target and missed the A-Wings eventual explosion.  A X-Wing had gotten the crazy idea of trying to take him in a head to head pass.  Chaos new better than to play that game though.  He lined up a quad laser and ion burst, got off a deadly accurate shot, and pulled out of the X-Wing's line of fire, only taking a hit or two from the enemy lasers.  As the X-Wing blew up Chaos aligned himself toward the same vector as the rest of Flight 1 of Venom as they made there way back across the battle area.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Chaos/Venom 1-2/SpecOps Wing/VCF Deathscythe/VEN/VE [=A=]
Chaos
ComNet n00b

February 18, 2002 6:58:18 PM    View the profile of Chaos 
[This message has been edited by (edited February 18, 2002 7:00:47 PM)]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
February 18, 2002 8:28:40 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 whirled his fighter around and blow up a B-wing on its way toward the Atrus. "Atrus, this is sk8guy. I need to dock and exchange ships." he said over the comm. He felt the need for his Forsaken to come out and play. "Acknowledged sk8. Be quick, we can't spare the fighters at the moment." came a young voice back to him. Sk8 docked on board the Atrus and raced toward the hanger which housed his Danrik fighter. He jumped in the magnificant fighter and powered it up. This would greatly help in the esuing battle. He throttled up and flew out into space. "I need some assistance over here. I can't shake him," screamed Kalebb. He had gotten an X-wing on his tail and he couldn't lose it. "On my way Kalebb, hang on." responded sk8. He throttled up and linked his fire. He reached Kalebb's position and locked on to the X-wing. He fired and was rewarded when the fighter exploded into an orange fireball. "Thanks sk8." Kalebb yelled to him. "No problem. Get some more kills man." sk8 said as he blew up a B-wing trying to take him on a head-to-head. He noticed a large number of A-wings swarming toward Nazgul. He throttled up and shot straight for them. Within a minute sk8 was on the A-wings and before they knew what hit them he got three. They went evasive, but it did little good. The Forsaken was more manueverable, faster, and more armed than the rebel fighters.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)[-GRC-][VC|G]
TRN/Journeyman sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

February 19, 2002 4:25:55 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
the V-4 tatical fighter claimed another kill as a Ywing exploded infront of LoneWolf. "Their almost in turbo laser range of the Artrus keep up the goo dpace and they won't tire the gunners out too much." LoneWolf said. the bombers werent putting up much of a fight only a few squadrons bothered to engage enemy ships. However such a tatic was not good for the VE Command ship. "STAY OUT OF THE FIRING RANGE!" someone yelled over teh comm. Turbolasers fired lines of green bolts at the bombers. few of htem hit. the Bombers traded with deadly torpedoes, misssiles, and rockets. fihgters and turbolasers alike tried thier best to destroy the propelants. the Inveitable happened and teh Artrus was hammered with fire. LoneWolf checked his sensors after the small panic and saw the arturs drop down to a low number of 63% shields. the enemy Super Star Destroyer still hade 120% nearly double in comparison. the Artus came back with the new urgent orders. "All bombers are to engage that SSD, well be making a path and gaurding you with some flag ships. We need to hammer that Command ship and get it below our status! its probably our best chance at beating them. Good Luck" LoneWolf noticed that with the amount of fighter s and bombers the VE had such a task wasnt going o be easy.

-----------------------
WO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

-Navy's best pilot-
Slayer
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  3
February 19, 2002 5:23:12 PM    View the profile of Slayer 
Slayer returned in his TIE Fighter issued about 2 months ago. "It's been awhiloe boys. Roster change and everything." Gravin peered out the hangar bay window where Slayer was landing his craft. "look at that, Slayer came back. I knew he would" Gravin entered the Hangar bay and Slayer got out of his TIE Fighter. "Hello Slayer" Gravin said, Slayer turned to his side "Gravin old buddy, How are you?" Gravin walking up to Slayer shook his hand and then they headed to Nazgul's Quarters. "Im doing great Slayer. It's been awhile since most of us have slept. We are in the middle of a huge war. My pilots are handling it well," Gravin said. Slayer flopping on the bed that used to be his "Ahhhhhhh, feels good to be back. Soon i'll be out there with you and the other guys. Can't wait."

-----------------------
FM/SRCRW Slayer/Nazgul 2-3 =A=
Denethor
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  1534
February 20, 2002 2:03:51 AM    View the profile of Denethor 
OOC: isn't Nazgul still fighting, and not sitting on their arses? Denethor shoved hard to starbard, evading a red laser bolt coming from a very talented X-wing pilot. It seemed almost empossible to shake him, but it could be doen, Denethor knew there must be a way. Jolt to port, hard up starbard, down starbard, barely missing another. Oh how he longed for the wonderful steering of a TIE Defender, it seemed like months since they had been issued to every squadron for the large battle at Ord Pardon. He shook his head, getting rid of any thoughts that would keep him from consentrating on the here and now, so that he may live to see another day, another battle, another Rebel blown to pieces. Then, the T/F jolted from a laser hit, the hull had just been torn down to 60%  "Get your head outa ur ass and fly!" he screamed to himself.     He realized that this wasn't going to be the easiest task in the galaxy, because another X-wing was coming strait at him. He figured that the stupid Rebel wouldn't know that his own wingmate was behind the guy that he was shooting at, which became so, for the X behind him veered off course, after recieving many laser hits, ones that Denethor had shaken. There went one problem, now the other, Denethor dove, and went no throttle, waited for the X to pass, spun and punched it, getting behind the Rebel with guns a blazin. At first the X showed no sign of damage, the damned shields were holding, but sensers said other wise, a moment later the X blew into a firey display of rubble.   Denethor flew off to rejoin his flight, but unfortunatly ran into the X that had been tailing him before getting run off by the guy he just blew to hell. He didn't feel like going through him again, flipped weapons to missle, and waited for just the right moment, just the exact distance to get a perfect shot, and fired the missle right into the view port of the X, he watched as the pilot realized his death was apon him, and smiled. Then an A-wing zipped past him, firing re bolts trying to signal him to get out of the way, or just blow up, Denethor watched in surprise of course, as three green bolts hit the A-wing in the back hull, and blew to pieces.   "Well hello Denethor." it was sk8guy "Hi, long time no see ay?" laughed Denethor "I was JUST coming to find you."

-----------------------
FM/WO2 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
WO2 Denethor
Flight 2 Flight Member 3: Aegis Squadron
Lusthawk 7
Co-Founder: Nazgul
Official VE Stoner: annointed by TwinFury
"No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
February 20, 2002 1:08:34 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
The bridge of the Imperial II Star Destroyer Devastator was bustling with activity.  Orders were heard from screaming voices in panicked tones.  Riel decided to put a stop to it.  He told g5 to meet back with the fleet, and that it was time to go into the battle instead of standing back letting the fighters do all the work.  What the Deathscythe had done was disable six of the Rebel ships; three of them star destroyers.  "Okay, men, calm down.  Engines to 60%, and signal the rest of the fleet to match speed.  We're going to draw a huge line in the stars." The men complied, and the ship began to move forward.  About a click an a half in front of the Devastator the Deathscythe de-cloaked and matched speed.  "Okay, when in range, begin firing on that Super Star Destroyer.  Let's see how long it'll last against the might of an entire fleet." He could see the Rebel ships scrambling to provide some cover for the now extremely vulnerable Super Star Destroyer.  The Deathscythe had distracted the Fleet's Commander and caused him to make a crucial mistake.  "What's our range?" "Sir, we're two clicks out of firing range."  Riel nodded and strode to the communications officer. "All ships, open fire on my mark."  He counted down silently to when he knew the ships would be in range.  "Now." Green turbolaser fire lanced from each of the ships in the Vast Empire's massive fleet.  Behind about 12 kilometers, the Atrus and three Victory Star Destroyers sat with a TIE Droid screen, seemingly enjoying a show.  Riel turned his attention back to the scene in front of him.  The Super Star Destroyer had tried to counter the attacks at first, doing some decent damage to one of the Victory II Star Destroyers, but the sheer amount of turbolasers impacting with it's shields had caused it to take a defensive position.  Before too long, the thirty ships firing on the Super Star Destroyer fell back about 6 kilometers to escape the superheated shrapnel that was sitting in space.  Riel stretched out with the Force.  A lot of people had just died, and the uncertainty of the rest of the Rebel fleet began to become very evident.  "Now, let's see who will fold first," Riel said calmly as he watched the stalemate lean a bit more towards him.

-----------------------
Rear Admiral (L) Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
Dark Jedi Knight
Head Master's assistant in the VEDJ Academy
BE8_Renegade
ComNet n00b

Force Elite Soldiers  [NAVY]

Post Number:  1
Total Posts:  1
February 20, 2002 6:17:42 PM    View the profile of BE8_Renegade 
Renegade grabbed the controls of his TIE Fighter, keeping it inline as it dropped from the massive Super Star Destroyer's hanger. He sped off towards the attackers, picking starfighters with his flight group. After almost two tiring hours of combat, the enemy had vanished and the fleet was free to continue. Renegade plotted course. The orbitting vessel gave him the go ahead and he quickly decended toward the Vast Empire homeworld. He couldnt believe his eyes as the devastation showed through the fog. Buildings were destroyed, massive damage was done to military structures and Vast Empire troopers were quickly making defensive positions on skyscraper roofs hoping a wall of anti-aircraft fire would case the enemy bombers to flee. He quickly put his fighter into a spin and began his reign of terror, hoping this quick air strike may give General Matok's advancing forces an advantage.
Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
February 21, 2002 1:00:35 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen swung his gunboat around. After sometime of a lapse in flying, he had to get used to the stress while fighting out in the space. Moreover, he had to try coordinatinghis flight's movement and try destroy the enemy ships even though they have a greater ratio of ships compared to the VEN. 'Okay guys, fly up!' he called over the systems. 'Great to have ya flyin' again. I wanna get more ships this time. Take it as a returning celebration.' Jmac called over the intercom. 'Good. C'mon, let's break all our personal records and all VEN's records today.' Fallen whipped himself on the tail of an enemy fighter and firing on him relentlessly, finding a certain joy he hadnt felt for some time. Blowing up one, he soon went after the next plane and destroyed it. '2 planes guys.' 'I've got 3. C'mon, try catch up.' 'Haha, look out. I'll b;ast pass ya soon.' At that very moment Fallen had just vaporized a particularly insistent fighter. 'Another one. Gotcha ya Rukh. My totals same as yours.' 'Dunt breathe so easily yet. I'm getting to blast 2 fighters soon.' A distant explosion verified that. After blasting up another ship, Fallen received a call from Kain. 'Take your guys and knock out the communications ships. Try to destroy it. It should be able to halt that effective combat decently longenough for some serious attacks on their fleet. Do it discreetly; we have less fighters than they.' 'Yes sir.' Fallen relayed the message to his flightmates. He didnt really like to think himself as an superior because ultimately they are still in the same Imperial ships fighting for the same cause. The only difference was that he had more to do than them and maybe a 'lil more pay. 'Okay, let's get going.'

-----------------------
OC Jay 'Darc' Fallen [Army: Raxen]
Aegis 3-1, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member
TO:A/FL/OC Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]

Fallen
ComNet Member

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
February 21, 2002 1:00:52 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen swung his gunboat around. After sometime of a lapse in flying, he had to get used to the stress while fighting out in the space. Moreover, he had to try coordinatinghis flight's movement and try destroy the enemy ships even though they have a greater ratio of ships compared to the VEN. 'Okay guys, fly up!' he called over the systems. 'Great to have ya flyin' again. I wanna get more ships this time. Take it as a returning celebration.' Jmac called over the intercom. 'Good. C'mon, let's break all our personal records and all VEN's records today.' Fallen whipped himself on the tail of an enemy fighter and firing on him relentlessly, finding a certain joy he hadnt felt for some time. Blowing up one, he soon went after the next plane and destroyed it. '2 planes guys.' 'I've got 3. C'mon, try catch up.' 'Haha, look out. I'll b;ast pass ya soon.' At that very moment Fallen had just vaporized a particularly insistent fighter. 'Another one. Gotcha ya Rukh. My totals same as yours.' 'Dunt breathe so easily yet. I'm getting to blast 2 fighters soon.' A distant explosion verified that. After blasting up another ship, Fallen received a call from Kain. 'Take your guys and knock out the communications ships. Try to destroy it. It should be able to halt that effective combat decently longenough for some serious attacks on their fleet. Do it discreetly; we have less fighters than they.' 'Yes sir.' Fallen relayed the message to his flightmates. He didnt really like to think himself as an superior because ultimately they are still in the same Imperial ships fighting for the same cause. The only difference was that he had more to do than them and maybe a 'lil more pay. 'Okay, let's get going.'

-----------------------
OC Jay 'Darc' Fallen [Army: Raxen]
Aegis 3-1, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member
TO:A/FL/OC Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)[VC]

Red5
ComNet n00b

February 21, 2002 7:20:08 PM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 swung the X2 around; its maneuvering was slightly superior to a TIE fighter. An X-wing fighter swooped in low, and he reached for the trigger button that wasn't there. Heavy laser fire blasted from his right, shattering the X-wing. Then he remembered Morgayze. "Uh, nice shooting." "Thanks. Didn't teach you to operate heavy weaponry like that at the academy, did they?" "Well, actually, no. We learned to use it for blasting ships apart, not fighters." Red5 turned the fighter to a fleeing Corellian Corvette. "Can you take that?" "Sure thing, boss." The fighter closed the gap quickly; the Corvette never saw him coming until it was too late. Laser fire blasted the sensor array into a useless jumble of melted metal, and the engines followed soon after. He glanced down at the power readouts for the fighter. The lasers were running on low already. He diverted power from the unscathed shields, then increased the recharge rate. The ship still moved faster than an X-wing. Something rocked the ship; he checked the rear viewscreen to see an A-wing closing in on them. He began to flip the fighter when it blew up. Swivel blasters were a marvelous thing. "Morgayze, I don't know if you realize it, but you may have saved the Empire with this ship." "Yeah, well, don't get too cocky. Its the prototype, the only one we have, and it was specially manufactured by myself. Every part inspected, polished, and installed." Red5 still loved the fighter. Imperial technology was still a power to be reckoned with.

-----------------------

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:02:12 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 80  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >