Fallen
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  506
Total Posts:  506
  RE: Ch. 7-B Navy
January 17, 2002 12:09:53 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen screamed as he gunned down another Y-wing. Tracking another, he immediately went after it. The Y-wing managed to avoid all his shots. He cursed. This pilot is good, but it is not going to get better then him. Never! He breathed hard and stepped up on the power. The engines revved and the TIE defender roared forward. Soon, the Y-wing was well on his sight and he swooped down, like a bird of prey swoopping down on its dinner. Another series of bolts paid off. The Y-wing exploded. But there was something else .. 'Fallen, Y-wing on your tail. Look out.' 'I'll try shake him'

-----------------------
WO2 'Jay' Fallen [Army: Raxen]
Aegis 3-3, Lusthawk Nine, AG Member
FL/WO2 Fallen/Aegis 3-1/1/mSSD Atrus/1ESF/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)

Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
January 17, 2002 2:05:35 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
Daishi watched the battle even more intentlly so far the A-wings had held to engaging the T/D's but Daishi knew something was up since none of them had fired a confirmed warhead yet. The new arrivals seemed content to set up a holding position and make the fleet come to them.  This worried Daishi that something else was up.  Not many commanders would abandon a fleet in such a way. "Riel this doesn't seem right to me.  Those new ships are letting thier fighters do all the work.  With such odds they should be trying to close where thier combined firepower with the already preasent fleet might give them a chance."  Daishi said as he started running scenarios in his mind. "Perhaps a recon run is in order then.  Launch a droid fighter flight to investigate each ship."  Riel replied. After a few moments the data feed started coming back from the recon units then Daishi had his answer. "We have some trouble.  I recognize those two MC-80a's.  Last time I saw them they were trading shots with the IW fleet.  They have an unnussual configuration.  If you want to take them out it'll require use of our superior numbers.  Those two ships have had all thier guns placed for superior firing arcs then a standard MC-80a, replaced thier Ion cannons with anti-fighter guns, and had thier speed increased.  Best bet is to pull the Devastator and Nemisis on the 'Miniture' and all the VSD's on the 'Giant'."  Daishi said as he realized that these ships had been transfered to a different fleet since thier last appearance before him. "Then why didn't they blast our recon units before they got close enough to do thier scans?"  Riel replied. "It's a statement.  They are saying they have the ships to cause problems for us and enough to spare that they can throw away three ships of the line, probably more.  They are toying with us.  I think we should show them an appropriate response.  I propose that we send the droid fighters out to assist the squadrons already locked in combat.  Follow that up with a concentrated push into the enemy main line.  To finish off the battle I suggest we capture those three ships of the line and make the enemy pay for thier ignorance.  Also to add injury to insult we should allow some ship to get away with an account of thier abismal failure."  Daishi countered.

-----------------------
Barron Administrator Daishi
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Twin Fury
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  139
January 17, 2002 4:17:16 PM    View the profile of Twin Fury 
OOC: I'm assuming that Japheth is still my wingman since he can't exactly switch squadrons in the middle of a battle, but nonetheless correct me if I'm wrong. _________________________________________________________ Twin finished off a Y-wing that he had been trailing and then brought his fighter back around to rejoin the fray. "Japh, where are you," asked Twin. "Right behind you, Twin," he replied. "Coming up low and fast." "Did you find us a new dancing partner yet," Twin inquired. "I want as many kills as I can get before Riel makes us give these fighters back." "There's a lonely looking squadron of A-wings that look ripe for the picking," answered Japheth. "Should we ask them first, or just start dancing?" "Surprise me," said Twin. The two pilots circled in behind the A-wings, and much to Twin's surprise Japheth switched his com to an open channel and proceeded to ask a rebel pilot if he would care to tango. Without waiting for a reply the duo opened fire on the enemy fighters and quickly two A-wings were down. At that moment the rebel fighters went evasive and split up. Twin and Japheth did likewise, each pursuing a separate group.

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Twin Fury/ Aegis 1-3(Aegis 3)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=JCPA=)
"Less Worry. More Fury!"
"You have flys in your eyes."
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
January 17, 2002 4:58:06 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf checked his sensors and saw that Twin and Japheth went off to engage some Awings. LW was surprised by the sudden coordination the Awigns showed then decided to join the party. he linked his fire once again then dived into the menicing swarm of Awings. LoneWolf sensed soemthign odd but he couldnt place it. he came behnd an awing but saw the trap set and pulled out takinga quick shot at his target. LW cursed as he barley dogded picking up a tail. 'this fighters a modified' lw thought. He set a comm to the rest of Aegis to see if they could spare a little help agaisnt this fighters.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC]

"Its the scared People who dotn get anything done"
"theres no such thing as luck only skill"
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
-Navy's best pilot-
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
January 17, 2002 7:10:33 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
Riel followed Daishi's advice and engaged the Captial Ships of the Rebel Fleet.  "Victory Star Destroyers, I want you to disable the MC-80 that you are engaged with.  We're going to need some answers here, and the captain should be able to give it to us.  Nemesis, feel free to destroy the one we are presently engaged with."  The Nemesis' captain acknowledged the order, and Riel turned to the display. "Okay, Carracks, move in to intercept the last Victory Star Destroyer.  Keep moving, and don't stay in range of the ships batteries for too long.  We just want to keep them honest.  Dreadnaughts, move in afterwards and disable it.  I want that ship, and I want it intact." Daishi drew Riel to the side.  "Are you sure that's a good idea?  I mean, taking over a capital ship with the fleet we have.  It takes a lot of time to do this."  Riel nodded.  "I'm aware, but another Victory Star Destroyer in our fleet couldn't hurt.  And, we had reports of a mine field around the Head Quarters of the HIgh Council.  What better way to clean a mine field than with one of the attacking fleets own ships?"

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  0
Total Posts:  0
January 17, 2002 8:09:05 PM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
DarkSaber looked out the front viewport at the insuing battle. He felt a small disturbance in his mind. DarkSaber reacted quickly, the Diligent swerved to the right and narrowed down. A large beam flew just past him, barely glancing the side of the quantum armor hull, it did minimul damage to the ship thanks to the armor but it threw out a myriad of sparks anyway. DarkSaber pressed a few buttons and brought up the weapons aray. A hologram, listing all the munitions, flared to life and DarkSaber pressed a few buttons hurridly before the ship could fire again. DarkSaber cursed himself silently for not being prepared as he commenced with setting up his little surprises. DarkSaber smiled and pressed a small button on the hologram. There was a small cranking sound at the back of his ship. He looked outside to see that nearly a thousand small globules, that had to only be a few inches long, spray out and head for the ship, which was undoubtably a gunboat. The gunboat seemed to ignore them as it tried to get a better lock on the evasive Diligent. The small globes hit the hull in unison and attached themselves. Although he couldnt not see it, he pictured the tiny ropes reaching out and secreting a liquid that would soon cover a section of the ship. Fortunately it was their front viewport. ************** "Captain, the globes that were heading towards us have attached themselves the the front viewport, it is nearly translucent and can only be seen by infrared." The pilot said. Captain Alu'Met pressed a button and the room glowed in the infrared spectrum. "What is it?" Alu'Met asked "We are not sure, but it is gradually cooling." The pilot said. Indeed, the liquid was starting to fade. He reached down and turned of the infrared to see that a blanket off ice had covered a large portian of the ship. "We are detecting many chemicles." The pilot said. He scanned through the chemicles until he found one that was particularly important. The pilot jumped up from his seat. "Sir, we have been covered in nitro glisterin (dont know the exact way to spell it). And thats when the ship fired with a large array of weapons. The ship exploded with little resistance. ************** DarkSaber snickered. "Well, that was simple, is that the best they got?" He looked beyond the explosive remains of the gunboat and grinned. "Well that armada will be a challenge." DarkSaber's ship leaped toward the approaching ambush.
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
January 17, 2002 8:15:33 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 heard a call from LOnewolf and stopped his engagement with his currnet target. "On my way Lonewolf. Hang on. Denethor, you mop things up here." he said over the comm as he raced to help his friend in one flight out. Lonewolf was covered by the A-wings, but Japheth and Twin were slowly helping him out, also avoiding fire themselves. Sk8 linked his fire, lasers and ions, and then raced into the fray. He got a good lock on an A-wing and fired. The ship stopped dead in its tracks, disabled and helpless. He then moved onto another, which he quickly disposed of. He felt something twinge in the back of his mind. His Force reflexes allowed him to juke involuntarily, but it was a good move. Lasers streaked past his ship and he realized he was in trouble. Two A-wings had managed to sneak onto his tail. These pilots were good. "This is sk8 here. I've got a partner stepping on my feet and I was wondering if I could get a little help?" he broadcast. He juked again, but it wasn't good this time. The laser fire hit his shields, but they held. He reverted power to them to strengthen them and continued to lose his presuer. "Sure thing sk8. Just keep him behind you." came Twin's voice over the radio. He saw Twin pull up onto the tail of the A-wing and then suddenlt it flew into a shatter of light. Twin had scored a direct hit. "Nice shot!" yelled sk8."Now let's finish this squadron and take out another."

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/INT sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

January 17, 2002 10:01:34 PM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
************ "Sir, we have a fairly large craft coming towards us" One of the officers told the captain. Captain Jandith peered out the viewport and could see the faint glint of a craft. "Let him close enough then send around a squadron to take it out, we won't find but a minutes amusement here" Jandith replied. They officer bowed and moved to tell the pilots. They nodded and one got on a comm link to contact the rest of the squadron. ************* DarkSaber was really surprised they hadn't tried to turn him into space debris yet. All of his weapons were online and his shield was up at maximum. With just the press of a button he could pummell the fleet with everything he had. He felt a disturbance in the force but ignored it, thinking it was just instinct. The Diligent moved ever forward, waiting for the fleet to at least do something. He sat there for five minutes. "I think they are trying to kill me with boredom" DarkSaber said to himself. He chuckled at that and decided that he needed to make the first move before on of the ships fired just because one of the gunners fell alseep on the trigger. DarkSaber felt another tingling in his mind. This time he took better notice of it and slowed his ship down. He felt that something was not right. DarkSaber all of a sudden became aware of every little noise, of everything remotely out of the ordinary. "If they were gonna spring a trap they would do it right about......." All of a sudden space seemed to take shape all around him as claoked V-Wings came into full view. They didn't immediately fire, so DarkSaber got a rough count of over a hundred. Despite the odds he grinned with delight. A voice all of a sudden spoke to him that made him jump slightly. He flicked on his communcations and a face appeared, obviously a Rep. "You will surrender or we will be forced to destroy you" The captain said in obviously rehearsed words. DarkSaber tried his best to keep a straight face. He failed. The captains eyes widened considerably when DarkSaber bursted into laughter. DarkSaber secretly pressed a button under his chair that emmited a distress signal and covered the action with more laughter. DarkSaber moved forward in his chair, still laughing to himself and pressed a few buttons. ********** "Sir, we are being hacked into, i think by a remote slicer." An officer said. Jandith raised his eyebrows slightly. Remote slicers were very illegal, what they do is hack into another ships mainframe and steal information. Jandith stood up quickly and said "Destroy that foolish Dark Jedi immediately." ********* He looked up at the ships and noticed some of them powering up their weapons. He hoped someone would get here in time. He lurched the ship forward and moved up and fired, it went wide but it got some of the V-Wing's pilots alarmed because they immediately moved to try and avoid the blast. He fired again and again while dodging other blasts from the V-Wings. One blast hit his shield but effected the shield very little. Another and another pummelled in, but the shielding held and he was delivering his blasts with all their blazing glory. DarkSaber shot every which way, there were so many they were easy to hit one even if you had aimed at another. DarkSaber sighed and the Diligent manuevered through most of the amunition that was aimed at him. "Doesn't anyone ever check their radar anymore" DarkSaber yelled as his shields began to fade.
[This message has been edited by (edited January 17, 2002 10:16:06 PM)]
Tarkin
ComNet n00b

January 17, 2002 10:13:28 PM    View the profile of Tarkin 
OOC: Emon, I'm spinning out of control. Not fighting in space at the moment. Tarkin finally started to feel like hurling big time now.  Suddenly, the lights in his consol turned on.  The engines activated and all his guidence computers and weapons reactivated. Tarkin turned regained control of his spin and looped around. "You ok, Tarkin?" Asked Piett. "Fine." Repied Tarkin. "My shields are down to sixty percent from that da**** Y-wing, but I can make it, no problem." Said Tarkin. Piett, Tarkin, and Emon turned back around and headed back towards the Y-wings that Scout was currently occupying. "Scout, Tarkin has regained control, and we are heading right for you." Said Piett's voice. "Acknowledged." Replied Scout, who just destroyed a Y-wing. "There are four Y-wings left. I'll fire on all of them and you guys take them out." Said Scout. Scout's TIE Defenders lasers flew through space at an alarming rate of speed, and hit each and every Y-Wing.  Emon now came up and fired at the next-in-line lead Y-wing and destroyed it.  The blast from the Y-Wing caused a chain-reaction and destroyed the other low-shielded Y-Wings. "Good job, flight 1. Now, let's head towards those A-wings.  I hear they possibly have missiles as armorment, so let's take them out." Said Piett. "Copy that." Replied Tarkin.

-----------------------
EFM/WO2 Tarkin/Viper 1-2/Wing I/M/SSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN [=A=][=SA=][BRC][BRC][SV]

"For Viper Squadron, 'Failure' is not in our vocabulary." - Tarkin
Fallen
ComNet Member

January 18, 2002 12:51:54 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen flew out. There was still a squadron ofA-wings to contend with. 'Rukh, Jmac, I'm going to straft them while hey are near each other. Cover me.' 'Rukh standing by ....' 'Jmac Rogering ..... ' 'Good, I'm going in. Cover til I'm done and then you guys can look for your little spaces among these guys.' Three TIE defenders swept in and took the emerging A-wing by surprise. Within minutes, at least half the squadron was destroyed or seriously crippled. 'Okay, DISENGAGE! Take 'em before they can get back into the hangar!' 'Breaking off. Let's blast these 'lil boats into pieces ...' They all break off and Fallen immediately went after a A-wing that's almost done for. He aimed carefully and pumped the A-wing with a torrent of bolts. The A-wing exploded. Soon, Flight 3 managed to wipe out the squadron. There were only a few left.

-----------------------

Denethor
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  1534
January 18, 2002 1:11:37 AM    View the profile of Denethor 
Denethor began to wing up with sk8 and Twin when he noticed a squadron of Y-wings that no one was on, and took to them in an instant     "Sk8, Twin, follow me, we've got some Y's to obliterate." "On my way." commed in Twin           "Coming Den." said sk8 They took to the Y-wings as fast as possible, but were surpirsed that these didn't blow up as easily. The first one or two didn't know they were coming, but the others, could maneuver so well and took a beating to an extent of unbelief. The Y that Denethor took to did a back wards flip "The oldest trick in the book" thought Denethor. He took off all power to his thrusters and dove. Kicking power back in as the Y passed him by, he put all remaining power to forward lasers and blew that Y to pieces   "Their hulls have been re-enforced!" yelled Denethor into his mic. "And their sheilds have been enhanced."     "That they have, what are these guys?" asked Sk8

-----------------------
FM/W02 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
W02 Denethor
Flight 2 Flight Member: Aegis Squadron
Co-Founder of Nazgul
"No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."
                                        -Winston Churchill
Fallen
ComNet Member

January 18, 2002 6:04:11 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Three to go. That was the number of A-wings left for Aegis Flight 3 to finish off. Since the odds were equal, it should be easy enough. 'Okay, I'll take the leader. Rukh, you take the wingman. Jmac stick with Starscream and finish off the last guy.' 'Roger that. Here I comeeeee .....' Rukh roared as he turned away to give the wingman a chase. Fallen concentrated on the leader. Weaving in and out of ships, small fighters after the guy, he tore after him and tried to get him on his targeting device.He squeezed his trigger .... and missed. Cursing, Fallen immediately chased after him, refusing to believe that he actually MISSED a target. Beside him, his intercom was blaring with Rukh's voice. 'I'VE GOT 'IM!' 'Good for you,' Fallen snapped. 'Now get over here and help me out. This guy aint easy.'

-----------------------

Red5
ComNet n00b

January 18, 2002 9:50:45 AM    View the profile of Red5 
Red5 swooped up around an X-wing, newly arrived, and diverted more power to his lasers. He was just lining up for his shot when a jolt shook his fighter. Another jolt, and something exploded. He dove hard, firing off a flare just as he reached the middle of the arc. He glanced out the back of at a rear readout in time to see it deflect off the shields of B-wing, not even bothering to follow him; instead, it was headed still towards the Devastator. He looked at the battle map to see that there were 2 full squadrons heading towards the command ship. "Nazgul, this is Red. We got two squadrons of B-wings heading towards the Devastator. I can't take 'em all out." He turned sharply, coming up behind one. He was having to juke constantly; with all those B-wings firing at him, he couldn't stay in one spot long. Finally, he managed to get a missile lock on the ship. He doubled up his missile banks, and fired off both. They nailed the ship right in the cockpit, and it blew up, causing the fighter to spin off course. He saw the first fighter of Nazgul coming in. "Red5, this is Dare; you got a B-wing right behind you!" Red5 spun his fighter suddenly to the left, narrowly avoiding three ion blasts. He looped up and around, firing at its back. Dare came from the front, firing a single proton torpedo at it when he was only 10 meters away. He moved right, narrowly avoiding the exploding ship.

-----------------------
[LCRW]/[LCR][Red5]/[Nazgul]-[1]/[Wing 1]/[None]/[1VENF]/VEN [=A=] (medals)

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
January 18, 2002 4:12:03 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
a light flickered as an awing erupted into flames from LoneWolf's devastation. He grinned as he looked onto the next Awing and found it in front of him. He quickly took it out then checked his radar. they all first started out with about a 100 enemy fighters but now they were already below that number barely. LoneWolf continued through yet atgain picking up a tail. He cursed again and settled his mind back into evasive meunuvers. He also started to fall into the force and get back in the sink it showd him before.

-----------------------
PO1 LoneWolf /Aegis 1-2 (Aegis Two)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC]

"Its the scared People who dotn get anything done"
"theres no such thing as luck only skill"
"If you have Honor you deserve my respect"
-Navy's best pilot-
Emon
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  42
January 18, 2002 11:34:59 PM    View the profile of Emon 
This battle was getting worse and worse for Emon, first he has to fly a TIE Defender, and now he has to go up against his least favorite rebel fighter, the A-Wing. Emon sighed, and picked out his target. It was the flight leader of an apparent second flight. Emon came in and fired to warning missles, and then followed with several laser shots, and fortuanatly for Emon, this one had low shields anway, so Emon came in and blew him up fast, while on the other hand, he could tell that Scout was having a bit of trouble with his target. "Hey Scout, need some help?" asked Emon jokenly but serious " HELL YA! GET OVER HERE"yelled Scout Emon flew his Defender over to where Scout was batteling the A-wing, and Emon noticed that it had done a little bit of damage to Scout as well, so Emon decided to make this short and sweet. He launched a missle at the A-wing, and blew it up.
Fallen
ComNet Member

January 19, 2002 2:25:58 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen checked his scopes and found Rukh joining him by the side and into the chase after the A-wing leader. 'Great to have you around. Now, let's try take this guy into pieces.' Fallen grunted to Rukh. 'Sure about that.' Two TIE defenders started bombarding the A-wing with bolts, trying to make one of them hit the A-wing fatally. 'Wait a minute. This isnt working. That guy in the machine should be laughing his head at the rate we are shooting and not hitting him.' Fallen barked. 'Okay, how about this: We take him from the top. You attack, I cover?' Fallen brightened. 'Sounds better. On with it!' The two TIE defenders swung out of sight, seemingly abandoning the chase. ----- The A-wing leader look out through his rearview mirrors and grinned when he saw that the 2 enemy crafts has abandoned chase. 'These guys are lousier than I thought. Radioing a signal to the rest of his squadron to rejoin him, he waited for an answer. None came. He checked his scopes and just realised that his entire squadron was wiped out when his craft jerked violently and started going up in flames. He was hit. ------ Fallen grinned as he saw his enemy going up in flames. Such was a sorry sight when he was interrupted by a signal from flight 2. 'Hey Fallen, get your flight here. We've got a bunch of Y-wings with enhanced armour and weaponry.' 'Yeah, right over.' Switching radio to his in-flight, Fallen said, 'Guys finish off current targets and regroup. Flight 2 needs assistance.'

-----------------------

JMac
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
January 19, 2002 11:58:12 AM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac swooped around the expanding cloud of debris that  had been the A-Wing he was tailing, the rejoined the rest of his flight.They were soon in the thick of the enhanced Y-Wings. "Okay boys," Falled commed.  "Let's take em' out!" Three flight split up, each taking a target.  JMac came up behind his target and let loose a burst of laser fire.  His first two bolts streaked by the wishbone's port side.  His next two shots hit its sheilds, but failed to penetrate. "Stang," JMac muttered to himself, "this is going to be harder then I thought." The Y-Wing banked hard right, reacting to the hits it had taken.  JMac matched the manuever, and switching his lasers to duyal fire, began firing again.  His bolts slammedinto the Y-Wing's sheilds once again, and thistime, its generator culdn't keep up.  JMac's next shots pounded through the armor and reduced its hull and pilot to nothing more then then a cloud of debris.  JMac glanced at his sensors and started looking for another target.  He had just locked a new one in, when out of nowhere a bright blue ion blast  slammed into his forward sheilds.  They held,but the flash temporarily blinded JMac.  He blinked his eyes. "Where did that come from?!?"

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Rogue
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  236
January 19, 2002 12:36:15 AM    View the profile of Rogue 
Rogue finisehd off the last of the four Z-95's that he had been dogfighting with a linked laser-ion blast. He punched the power from his lasers into his engines and lit out after the B-wings that Red5 and Dare were engaged with. "Red5, Dare, this is Rogue, on my way to help, just stall the B-wings for a few more micros." As the range scrolled down, Rogue locked on to one of the b-wings that was almost inside launch range of the Devestator. He linked the missiles and fired at max range. He flipped the targeting box to the next B-wing, locked on and fired again.

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Rogue/Nazgul 3-4/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE/ (=A=)
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
January 19, 2002 3:32:52 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
"Hmmm. these rebel fighters aren't normal...looks like they've gotten upgrades on their ships." Kain said. Kain had his targeting computer locked on a crippled Y-Wing.  He pushed the trigger, green streaks of laser cannon fire flew into the hull of the Y-Wing; it exploded. So far flight one has taken a three squadrons of Y-Wings and a squadron of A-Wings.  Things were looking good for the Imperial right now.  Their TIE Defenders were murdering all the rebel crafts. Kain targeting a new batch of X-Wings that were coming his way. "Ok guys, lets take them out." Kain ordered. Flight one formed up and fired at the incoming X-Wings.  The X-Wings were not destroyed.  Looks like thier shields and hull were enhanced also. This is going to take awhile. Kain thought to himself.

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain Rennok
SC/2Lt Kain Rennok/Aegis 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
Denethor
ComNet Member

January 19, 2002 4:20:13 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
Flight Two was having just the same perdicament as One, Denethor's sencors informed him of a group of X-wings coming out of hyperspace.   "Sk8! New bogies at 5 o'clock, more X-wings, about 8 of 'em." Denethor screamed into the comm. "Alright, squadron two, let's get these rebel scum," replied Sk8 "alternate between weopons, use lasers then get missile locks and tear 'em apart." Flight Two went into attack formation and took out the first three X's, apparently didn't have the technoloy the others did, but the last 5 did, Denethor took off for the leader, Sk8 went for the one after him, the other members took the other X's.   Denethor kicked his Defender into missles and swirved after the X, this pilot was good, but missle locks where Den's specialty, he followed the X on every turn, but it was just out side of staying dead center, so Den anticipated the pilots next move and fired off a missle, it worked, the X flew right into the missle, but didn't blow. "Damn this is one of the enhanced fighters." cursed Denethor over the comm. "Mine too" it was Sk8 Denethor chased after the X-wing, and flipped to laserss, he'd have to take him out the old fasioned way, left, left, up, right, fire, he hit an engine, the X spun out of control and ran into a fleeing Y-wing, they both were destroyed.     "YES! Two birds with one stone!" cheared Denethor He flew off to take out one of the last X-wings from the same squadron   ----------------------- FM/W02 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE W02 Denethor Flight 2 Flight Member 3: Aegis Squadron Lusthawk 7 Co-Founder: Nazgul "No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."                                         -Winston Churchill
[This message has been edited by Denethor (edited January 19, 2002 4:52:46 PM)]
Twin Fury
ComNet Initiate

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  139
January 19, 2002 5:00:29 PM    View the profile of Twin Fury 
OOC: When did Dhawk get back to the fleet? -------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kain, what's the deal with these rebs," asjed Twin anxiously over the com? "I'm starting to dislike this situation." "I don't have enough time to find out with all these enemy fighters, Twin," came Kain's reply. "Can we get a status report from the Devasator," asked Japheth? "We can try, but Riel seems to have his hands full with the moncals," answered Kain. -------------------------------------------------------------------- "Acknowledged Aegis 1," came Riel's voice over the com. "We'll fill you in as soon as we know. Just keep them at bay for now." With that Riel turned off his com and assigned the nearset ensign the task of explaining the enhanced fighters. -------------------------------------------------------------------- "We'll know asap, 1 flight," Kain informed his pilots. "Thanks bossman," replied Twin as he came around behind an X-wing and blasted it into oblivion. "I'm picking up a new squadron of X-wings," shouted Lonewolf. "Japh and I will take care of that," said Twin. "You two finish up here and join us when you can." Twin and Japheth brought their sleek fighters around in a graceful arc to pursue the new threat. They linked their cannons and opened fire as soon as a lock was aquired. Four X-wings ceased to exist and the rest broke formation to avoid the same fate. The two pilots finished off the X-wings just as Kain radioed Aegis to form up and take a defensive formation around the devestator. The overwhelming number of rebel ships was beggining to carry the day.

-----------------------
FM/PO2 Twin Fury/ Aegis 1-3(Aegis 3)/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=JCPA=)
"Less Worry. More Fury!"
"You have flys in your eyes."
JMac
ComNet Veteran

January 19, 2002 5:14:44 PM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac cut power to his engines and yanked downhard on his stick.  As his Defender flipped over, he put the extra juice into his sheilds.  The Y-Ying that had been on his tailPulled up hard to avoid him.  In doing so, it passed right by his targeting rectile, and JMac shot off a missle.  The missle hit it right where its engines joined the hull, and it exploded in a very satisfying fireball. "Nice job, JMac," Fallen shouted.  "That was the last one.  Let's go help 1 and 2 flights out with those X-Wings." JMac redirected power back into his engines and rejoined his flight.  They shot off towards the X-Wings.  JMac allowed himself a tight smile.  This was turning out to be a  great day for the navy.

-----------------------
[army] Fishman
FM/LCRW JMac/Aegis 3-4/Aegis 12/(=A=)
"I know life isn't fair, but why can't it ever be unfair in my favor?."
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
Tall, dark, handsome, and all around stud.
Denethor
ComNet Member

January 19, 2002 7:10:41 PM    View the profile of Denethor 
OOC: I didn't know that DH was gone from the fleet, but i changed it so don't worry Twin, isallgood now :-p

-----------------------
FM/W02 Denethor/Aegis 2-3/mSSD Atrus/VEN/VE
W02 Denethor
Flight 2 Flight Member 3: Aegis Squadron
Lusthawk 7
Co-Founder: Nazgul
"No one can guarantee victory during war, but only deserve it."
                                        -Winston Churchill
g5
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  335
January 19, 2002 8:44:30 PM    View the profile of g5 
(OOC: since Dai is here, and heth is still with these guys, i guess i'll fly here.)   G5 was flying around in his Venom class. he loved having 8 bolts fly with a single pull of the trigger. he even had the extra power to go fster than ll the other TDs. he had found the ces and taken them down. for this reson he only hd 5 kills, while eeryone else was nearing 10 or 12. he had also stuck close to the Dev as a last line of defense and incase Riel had anything special for him to do. The other 3 squdrons were doing  good job right now so he did a few barrel rolls nd flew towrds the bridge, waggling his wings in a salute. he lughed when Riel dove for cover at the site of n oncoming fighter, before he realized that it was his own guy. G5 decided he'd have to pick up some film from the bridge security cms. He heard Riels orders to go engage the Mon cals  and decided to have some fun with the head hunters.   he mtched speed with the Dev and found  spot bout 5 feet from it's hull tht he could hng out on and then surprise nd passing Z-95's.  he decided to pretend to be a turbo lser bttery, so h flipped over to dual fire blasters. this would be amusing. he would look like an anti starfighter laser battery, nd they wouldn't attck him while he racked up the kills untill he revealed himself. nothing was more fun than pulling pranks on unsuspecting traitors. the first Z flew by on recon and all of  sudden detonated. he had skimmed the hull a bit to closely and to all observers, appeared s if he had crashed. G5 scratched another mark onto his little kill chart he kept.

-----------------------
WC/TO:A/LCM G5/Raptor 2-2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/VEN/=A=
Combat Engineer G5
Fallen
ComNet Member

January 20, 2002 12:57:15 AM    View the profile of Fallen 
OOC: Great to see you are back Jmac . Get blastin'! -------------- Fallen headed over to the X-wing after blowing up his last Y-wing. Those guys were tough, but he was sure he havent mete the ultimate yet. The X-wings are highly-maneuverable. And with the others saying ... 'Darn those X-wings! They've got enhanced shields and weaponry!' Jmac grunted over the comlink. 'Okay, try to weaken them with your lasers and finish them off once they come in range of finishing by a missile. But dunt do that too often ; we have limited missiles to spare.' 'Yeah. Point taken.' 'Fallen, a flight of X-wings on the way.' Rukh reported. Fallen checked his screen and immediately saw that Rukh was right. 'Oh Jeez. Okay, lock yourselves in and work together. Use maximum power.' Once they got into range, Aegis flight 3 immedaitely started weakening the X-wings' shields. 'Take their leader. That will puncture their ego.' Fallen locked his target on the leader and gave chase. 'Jmac, cover me and destroy any X-wings near or in the way.' 'Roger that. I'm covering.' Fallen squinted as he neared his target. 'Locking in ... ' Fallen carefully squeezed his trigger and saw his two missiles speed away to the leader. The missiles caught the leader and destroyed him in an instant ... 

-----------------------

DarkSaber
ComNet n00b

January 20, 2002 11:51:19 AM    View the profile of DarkSaber 
DarkSaber growled in contempt. He couldn't get any definate shot that would do more than glance the hull of their ships, he was too busy dodging every damn thing they shot at him. Everyonce in awhile, by sheer luck, one would hit and further damage his shields. He looked down at his shields. Good, they were still really high in the positives. As he dodged another blast it glaced against his shield sending sparks flying where it hit. DarkSaber frowned, there must be some way out of this. He looked down again at his shields as another bolt struck home. He put on a quizical face when the shields became negative for a split second then reverted to positive. DarkSaber's eyes lit up, forming a plan. Its so crazy it just might work. He pressed a few buttons getting ready to discharge his shield. The discharge was specifically made for the purpose of getting rid of ones shield to conserve sometime muchly needed energy in the ship. What it does is send out a large amount of negative energy out to the shields, deactivating them by means of a small Electro Magnetic Pulse. But if he sent out the negative energy at a shield of negative energy then the shield would need to make up for the extra energy and expand many times beyond its normal dimensions. The drawback is that he wont have a shield. But then again he's not gonna have a ship or his life if he gets killed here. DarkSaber smiled and prepared.

-----------------------
There are too many things in life we take for granted, like love ofcourse.......

~DarkSaber
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
January 20, 2002 3:56:44 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
Sk8 transferred power to his lasers and swooped in for the kill. He blasted away at the enhanced X-wing and was rewarded when it blow up."Finally," he yelled. He noticed that his X-wing was the last to be destroyed. HE looked around and saw a Z-95 formation flying. Sk8 switched to missles and fired off a couple into the formation. HE destroyed three Z's but the explosions from them damages several others. He laughed as their formation broke to shambles around him. Then he saw another Defender sweep in to finish them. Then he saw some more A-wings around him and decided to engage those. He throttled up and prepared to engage them. They were in a V formation, which would make them easy to strafe. He switched to daul fire and flew in from above them. On his first run, he got two to blow up and three to break off and return to their ship. The formation didn't break though. SK8 wondered what was up. They must have soemthing up their sleeve. He decided he'd better bring in some help and destroy them quickly before they could do whatever it is they were gonna do.

-----------------------
[ARMY] Cloud
FM/PO2 sk8guy/Aegis 2-2/Aegis 6/ Aegis RO/mSSDArtus/VEN/VE(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)
TRN/INT sk8guy/VEDJ
"Unleash the power of the Dragon, mwahahahaha!!"
Gold Recruitment Award
Fallen
ComNet Member

January 20, 2002 6:25:31 PM    View the profile of Fallen 
Fallen punched his fist in the air before returning to his controls. One problem of killing a squadron's leader first was that you will most likely be chased after, and that was happening to Fallen at that very instant. 'Jmac, wing up with me. Straft them and weaken them before they do anything yet.' 'Aye sir.' Fallen saw Jmac's TIE defender swoop in and attacked the group which quickly scattered. Fallen immediately gave chase to one battered X-wing and got him within a couple of minutes with the help of Jmac covering and increasing firepower.

-----------------------

JMac
ComNet Veteran

January 20, 2002 9:09:48 PM    View the profile of JMac 
JMac dove in behind Fallen and began strafing the top of an X-Wing.  His shots first splashed off against the top of it's sheilds, then punched through onto the hull of the ship.  The ship ceased manuevering and continued on its course.  Perfect kill. To JMac's left, he saw Fallen's target blow up.  "Yeeeeeeha, now we have them!" 
Riel Fury
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Krath Oracle (KO)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral*

Post Number:  1141
Total Posts:  1298
January 20, 2002 9:38:03 PM    View the profile of Riel Fury 
"Open me a line to that Victory Star Destroyer.  Let's see if we can't convince this Rebel to join our cause." An Ithorian filled the screen of Riel's viewer.  Riel was shocked.  Very rarely were Ithorian's given command position on ANY ship, much more rare for it to be such a powerful ship as a VSD-II.  Mainly due to the fact that they were so...large, but whatever floats the Rebels boat.  "We're giving you a chance to surrender your ship to us before we turn it into super heated metal."  Riel was always blunt.  "Do you accept?" The Ithorian was disturbed, but Riel couldn't read much from the creature.  Blasted Rebels and choosing alien commanders.  "We can't surrender, the battle is not lost." As if to punctuate that comment one of the Mon Cals exploded.  "Is that so?"  Riel asked calmly. The Ithorian seemed to hesitate a bit.  "I...very well, we'll surrender, if you agree to give me and my command staff safe conduct out of the system."  Riel smiled.  Sometimes, letting the person who had just been taken down go with some pride was the greatest trick in the book to being a good commander.  "Of course.  We'll send a boarding party over now.  Order all men on your ship to stand down."  The Ithorian seemed to nod and passed the orders along, and Riel shut off the com. "The second his ship leaves the hangar, destroy it." Riel also thought that destroying foolish pride was an important part of being a commander.  The gunners nodded with a slight grin on their face, they knew what Riel was thinking, apparently.  Rebel scum should have no pride.

-----------------------
Captain Riel Fury
Navy Executive Officer
Raptor Five
Founder of Aegis Squadron
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Ch. 7-B Navy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:42:45 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 138  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >